PDA

View Full Version : IT's injury

HandsOnTheWheel
09-08-2017, 04:01 PM
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/09/08/report-isaiah-thomas-hip-injury-more-than-just-torn-labrum/

From Article:

One source with direct knowledge of Thomas’ hip condition told The Athletic last week that he is dealing with more than just a tear. Some of those secondary issues in the hip he has played with for years now, such as a loss of cartilage and some arthritis, are complicating his healing process.

“No one has any idea how quickly this will heal or if it even will heal at all,” the source said. “It’s hard to predict.”

Could be a lot worse than Cavs are making it out to be

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 04:17 PM
So LeBron will need to trade for a PG like Bledsoe. I could see the Suns selling off the veterans on their roster. Cant picture Cavs enjoying Rose starting all season. Thompson for Bledsoe? Then Nets pick and junk like most PSD posters prefer for Cousins. Then maybe weasel in Wade?

Bledsoe,Wade,LeBron,Love,Cousins not to shabby.

mrblisterdundee
09-08-2017, 04:18 PM
That's why Thomas was just the icing on the cake. The Cavaliers understand the need to rebuild — no use in waiting for Decision 2.0.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 04:35 PM
IT will be back they're not trading for Bledsoe lol.

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Cavs are in some trouble as-is. Without IT being some semblance of last year this trade is a huge loss for them in the short term.

Dade County
09-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Cavs are in some trouble as-is. Without IT being some semblance of last year this trade is a huge loss for them in the short term.

Why do you say that?

Are you thinking they need IT to get out of the East? I hope not.

And with IT they wasn't going to beat GS. So the Cav's situation is the dame no matter what. What the Cav's need to do, is trade for AD. They can offer, Love, TT, Crowder, the Nets pick & fillers.

If N.O doesn't want to trade AD, then the Cavs should offer, TT, Love & a filler for DC. Cavs wouldn't have to trade the Nets pick for DC.

NetsPaint
09-08-2017, 05:02 PM
Isaiah Thomas needs to do a water fast for a couple or so weeks.

GiantsSwaGG
09-08-2017, 05:03 PM
So the Celtics lied about the severity of the injury?

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Why do you say that?

And with IT they wasn't going to beat GS. So the Cav's situation is the dame no matter what. What the Cav's need to do, is trade for AD. They can offer, Love, TT, Crowder, the Nets pick & fillers.

If N.O doesn't want to trade AD, then the Cavs should offer, TT, Love & a filler for DC. Cavs wouldn't have to trade the Nets pick for DC.

Cavs without IT are no lock for the Finals. They go from shoe-in to in a dog fight.

People have been saying for a while that BOS was 2 all stars away from being a real threat to CLE. They added one in Hayward. Kyrie replaces (and marginally upgrades) IT from last year so that's not "adding" a second star. So they still need another one to be a threat to CLE.

However, CLE losing a star factors into the equation just like BOS adding one. And if IT is out that's what happened with the trade - they lost an all-star player. So without IT the Cavs fin themselves in a battle for the East rather than a cake walk.

If IT is healthy and reasonable close to last year then CLE didn't lose an all star. They stayed the same with a few upgrades to bench spots (grand scheme of things those mean little). So then BOS goes back to being another player away from posing any real threat. Or even if IT i sout and they trade for a star then BOS again goes back to being a player away. If IT is healthy and they go out and move the BRK pick for a star then they move their way up to GS level.

FlashBolt
09-08-2017, 05:50 PM
Cavs are still favorites to get to the Finals because they have LeBron. End of story, here. Haven't you rest of the EC learned the lesson yet? Unless Lebron is injured, in the West, or age 35, you won't see another team that doesn't have Lebron in the Finals from the East.

Cavs still won this trade. They were never beating the Warriors with that roster last season and that pick allows for insane flexibility to where they can realistically make some moves happen. The season just began.. Cavs can still make moves.

Dade County
09-08-2017, 05:51 PM
Cavs without IT are no lock for the Finals. They go from shoe-in to in a dog fight.

Dog fight against who???

People have been saying for a while that BOS was 2 all stars away from being a real threat to CLE.

If they was saying that, I would never have believed that. You do remember that the Cav's out classed Boston whenever they tried? Please don't let the entertainment part of the NBA cloud your reasoning & judgment.

They added one in Hayward. Kyrie replaces (and marginally upgrades) IT from last year so that's not "adding" a second star. So they still need another one to be a threat to CLE.

They need 2 super stars to beat Lbj. Adding just 1 star player, won't get the job done.

So lets say they added someone like PG near the trade deadline because OKC knows he won't re-sign & Westbrrok might be gone too. Boston adding PG, still wouldn't get pass Lbj.

You need players like a Westbrook, AD, KD, Curry. Those players.

However, CLE losing a star factors into the equation just like BOS adding one. And if IT is out that's what happened with the trade - they lost an all-star player. So without IT the Cavs fin themselves in a battle for the East rather than a cake walk.

I'm not here to try to down your team or any other team in the East. I just don't believe these eastern teams has what it takes.

If IT is healthy and reasonable close to last year then CLE didn't lose an all star. They stayed the same with a few upgrades to bench spots (grand scheme of things those mean little). So then BOS goes back to being another player away from posing any real threat. Or even if IT i sout and they trade for a star then BOS again goes back to being a player away. If IT is healthy and they go out and move the BRK pick for a star then they move their way up to GS level.

Um...

Lets say, 2 exact teams besides their key star player, had to face each other; one team is lead by Lbj & the other is lead by Kyrie or Hayward. What do you think the series record outcome would be?

I think Lbj 4-0. Now if you factor the team over all system is made for Lbj, is IT really that important? Do you really think if Lbj didn't have Kyrie in last season playoffs, that the Cavs wouldn't have made it to the Final's?

I know i look at the league different then most people, because I believe games are scripted out from time to time, for entertainment purposes; like given a team fan base hope that they are contenders. But I truly don't believe that any team in the East has made a move to jump Lbj.

But thats why they play the games, and we will find out sometime during the playoffs. Good luck to you and your team; it would be cool if Miami plays Boston in the playoffs and we beat you. LMAO

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 06:02 PM
Cavs got no shot of even trying to beat GS if Lebron can't rest up for it like he has the past few years. If IT isn't healthy to where the Kyrie trade is a huge short-term hit they run the risk of more 6 and 7 games playoff series that will exert his energy, even if they do pull them out as he has in the past vs. the Celtics/Pacers in his Heat years.

We see it in the regular season where Lebron isn't "that guy" night in and night out anymore like he is vs. GS in the Finals. CLE, if they want any shot of dethroning GS, needs to make sure he can rest up for the Eastern Conference playoffs like he has been the past few years.

In '11-12 he was down 3-2 to BOS in the ECF. The next year he got pushed to 7 by IND (or maybe it was the year after). His first year in CLE they were down 2-1 to CHI. Even the year CLE won they were 2-2 with the Raptors but they coasted otherwise.

If IT is out or seriously hobbled and CLE doesn't make a move to where it's Lebron, Love and a bunch of role players I think that teams like BOS, WAS, MIL can push them to 6 or 7 games even if they lose and force lebron to play more competitive basketball than he can handle if he wants to go superhero mode vs. GS.

DanG
09-08-2017, 06:19 PM
Barring any injury Warriors are in a different world. There's not a single trade Cavs can make to be better than the Warriors. You're talkin four top 20 players in their prime, all unselfish and play the same style of basketball in a well built system. Trading for an emotional lesbian Cousins in the middle of the season while keeping Kevin Love isn't going to make them better on paper even if IT is 100% too.

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 06:23 PM
Dog fight against who???

If they was saying that, I would never have believed that. You do remember that the Cav's out classed Boston whenever they tried? Please don't let the entertainment part of the NBA cloud your reasoning & judgment.

They need 2 super stars to beat Lbj. Adding just 1 star player, won't get the job done.

So lets say they added someone like PG near the trade deadline because OKC knows he won't re-sign & Westbrrok might be gone too. Boston adding PG, still wouldn't get pass Lbj.

You need players like a Westbrook, AD, KD, Curry. Those players.

CLE absolutely outclassed BOS but IT was hobbled for 1.5 games and out for the rest. So that skewed the margin to a degree. If you want to base off of that series then BOS actually did add not only Hayward but also a second star in Kyrie. I said above he wasn't "adding" a star because he was just a replacement over IT but in that CLE series IT was a nothing - hobbled and then dressing in street clothes. So as-is right now, comapred to that series they last played, BOS has added two all-star talents and CLE has lost one. And then the teams have shuffled around some trivial role players.

I would pick CLE still because of your last line. BOS has all-stars, sure, but no transcendent player. Lebron is trancendent so I'd pick him to win a series. But CLE losing a top 15-20 player and BOS adding two of them to me is a significant swing to where it's no sure-thing series. And I think WAS/MIL/TOR could similarly push CLE as they are now to 6 or 7 games. Heck, I even think your Heat could put up a competitive fight to where Lebron needs to exert energy, even if it's a 4 or 5 game series.

If IT is healthy and/or they make another big move then that obviously changes things. But this is a thread for IT's injury and I feel they're very much compromised if he's out.

I'm not here to try to down your team or any other team in the East. I just don't believe these eastern teams has what it takes.

Um...

Lets say, 2 exact teams besides their key star player, had to face each other; one team is lead by Lbj & the other is lead by Kyrie or Hayward. What do you think the series record outcome would be?

I think Lbj 4-0. Now if you factor the team over all system is made for Lbj, is IT really that important? Do you really think if Lbj didn't have Kyrie in last season playoffs, that the Cavs wouldn't have made it to the Final's?

I know i look at the league different then most people, because I believe games are scripted out from time to time, for entertainment purposes; like given a team fan base hope that they are contenders. But I truly don't believe that any team in the East has made a move to jump Lbj.

But thats why they play the games, and we will find out sometime during the playoffs. Good luck to you and your team; it would be cool if Miami plays Boston in the playoffs and we beat you. LMAO

Lebron hasn't swept every game his whole career. As I said in my last post, he was down 3-2 to BOS in the ECF with Miami. He got pushed to 7 by IND. He was down 2-1 to CHI. He lost to a DAL team that he had no business losing to. He lost to a SA team who featured past their prime guys (Duncan, Manu, Parker) and a not yet in his prime guy (Leonard). he was locked 2-2 with TOR. And then you go back before that to when he couldn't even get out of the East.

It's not as simple as just having Lebron and you win. He gives you a massive advantage but we've seen before that if he doesn't have enough help he can still be beat. Right now, with IT out, they have Kevin Love (top 25-30 player) and then a bunch of role players. That's the worst supporting cast he's had since the first CLE tenure where he didn't go to the Finals every year. If IT's injury really is serious to where he could be out or a shell of himself and CLE makes no other big move I think CLE is a lot closer to Lebron's first go-round there than his second and they could be upset or at the very least force Lebron to exert enough energy where he can't go triple double every night vs. GS in the Finals. Very real concern if you're CLE, IMO.

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 06:33 PM
Barring any injury Warriors are in a different world. There's not a single trade Cavs can make to be better than the Warriors. You're talkin four top 20 players in their prime, all unselfish and play the same style of basketball in a well built system. Trading for an emotional lesbian Cousins in the middle of the season while keeping Kevin Love isn't going to make them better on paper even if IT is 100% too.

I agree, Warriors would still be better. But it's a SERIOUS dent in the gap if they get Cousins and IT is 100%. Kyrie is a bit better than IT but if healthy i don't think the gap is huge. Cousins is a top 15-20 player in the game. Adding him would make a big difference. I think it gets to the point where maaaaaaaybe you get a few lucky breaks and you could possibly be in position to upset them. Not much more you can ask for with KD's decision to sign there.

krazylegz
09-08-2017, 06:38 PM
yes it will...but i wont believe they get cousins til it happens

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 06:55 PM
yes it will...but i wont believe they get cousins til it happens

I think the gap between GS and CLE is bigger than Cousins. They were close to each other and then GS added Durant. That's the gap. Cousins isn't comparable to Durant.

warfelg
09-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I think the gap between GS and CLE is bigger than Cousins. They were close to each other and then GS added Durant. That's the gap. Cousins isn't comparable to Durant.

It's impossible to close the gap. lol.

The best you can hope for is to be different enough to give them fits when they go to their bench lineups.

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 07:10 PM
It's impossible to close the gap. lol.

The best you can hope for is to be different enough to give them fits when they go to their bench lineups.

Oh I agree. No one will close it. Best we can hope for is that someone gets close enough where they can play great for a series, GS struggles a little and a miracle happens.

That's why I've been saying CLE can't afford to offset two steps forward with one back. They need to make pure steps forward. You can't get a Cousins and give up a Love. Sure it helps but you need to get Cousins without giving up someone like Love.

If IT is healthy and reasonably on par with last year I think they've more or less replaced Kyrie. And that's huge since again, they can't take steps back. It's a slight downgrade short-term sure but it's not super significant. It gets them that BRK pick which can be combined with contracts to get another star. That's what they need. marginal improvements like Shump/Jefferson to Crowder or D-Will to Rose help somewhat but not much. They need another star.

If IT is back all the way and CLE can get another star I think they could be in that range where they're still obvious underdogs but close enough that "hey, **** happens".

JordansBulls
09-08-2017, 09:26 PM
Had Isaiah not been injured they may have beaten Cleveland in the playoffs last year.

hugepatsfan
09-08-2017, 09:31 PM
Had Isaiah not been injured they may have beaten Cleveland in the playoffs last year.

:laugh2:

europagnpilgrim
09-08-2017, 09:48 PM

So two guys who are all nba caliber aren't comparable? I get if you would draft KD over Cousins(I would) that's all good but they are comparable especially on a individual talent level, Cousins would be a major factor on a contender like Cavs/Spurs/Rockets/C's, he would instantly make them co favorites or at worst the most dangerous team to take the throne that Dubs are currently sitting on

FlashBolt
09-08-2017, 09:52 PM

When he was playing, they got destroyed even worse. That's because Cavs exploited him all series and just packed defenders on IT.

Hopper15
09-09-2017, 06:29 AM
So two guys who are all nba caliber aren't comparable? I get if you would draft KD over Cousins(I would) that's all good but they are comparable especially on a individual talent level, Cousins would be a major factor on a contender like Cavs/Spurs/Rockets/C's, he would instantly make them co favorites or at worst the most dangerous team to take the throne that Dubs are currently sitting on

Couldn't disagree more. Cousins will never be the second or third best(depending on where you have Kawhi) player in the league like Durant. He'll certainly never touch Durant's offensive efficiency or his ability on the defensive end.

PAOboston
09-09-2017, 08:18 AM
That intro press conference in Cleveland was pretty jarring to me in regards to the lengths they went to avoid the hip questions. They have no idea when he will be back. And from what we can glean from reports that are out there with IT only being able to jog/do light gym work, there's a reasonable chance that this guy will be out at least half the season. That's a pretty big hit to Cleveland in the short term.

Yes, I understand they have Lebron and he masks a lot of issues and that the Cavs should still be good enough to be a top 2 seed during the regular season in the hapless East. But, if the plan was to rest/limit minutes for Lebron during the season, I'm not sure this is the solution. And even if IT does come back healthy at some point, then you have to worry about his integration into the team midseason and if he can even replicate his career year of last year in a drastically different system than the one he was in. It's a pretty big gamble by Cleveland.

The biggest loser in this is IT unfortunately. Guy had done everything right as far as putting himself in a position to cash in after being severely underpaid for so long. This injury came at the worst possible time for him.

BoSox47
09-09-2017, 09:09 AM
Why do you say that?

If Isaiah Thomas' situation keeps him out, the Cavs would be relying heavily on a back court of Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Iman Shumpert, Jr Smith, Kyle Korver. The majority of those players have been plagued by injuries recently and all of them would be asked to take on a larger role on the team. Adding players like Crowder will help, and to a much lesser degree Jeff Green might be serviceable. Still putting a ton of faith in Derrick Rose to stay healthy. It will be an interesting situation if the injury bug lingers into the playoffs for the cavs.

Vee-Rex
09-09-2017, 10:49 AM
I LOVE how LeBron "won't be able to get rest" like he did in previous seasons when the only thing people screamed about last year was how he averaged 38mpg and wasn't resting. Then he proceeded to annihilate everyone in the East and was the best player in the finals. JFC you guys STILL don't get it with LeBron? You guys should be eating crow for the rest of your lives with how often you've underestimated LeBron/Cavs teams (Irving injured, Love injured, no defense, etc...). It has happened every single year, and then when they steamroll the East in the playoffs everyone reverts to saying "teh east is weak". The narratives and hot takes are a joke.

I get why Boston fans are hyped but it's a long season and you just took on a guy who, despite having wonderful talent, will likely give you a bunch of headaches as well. It's not all sunshine and roses when Irving is a primary option/guy and his inability to run simple PnRs as well as his extreme tunnel vision is gonna be highlighted. Irving's a better scorer, but his offensive game isn't quite like IT's and you will soon learn that. The potential is there, but don't assume you guys are just gonna click and start dominating.

I think don't think any team in the East takes Cleveland to 7 games as-is. If IT comes back healthy in January/February you can probably chalk it up.

BoSox47
09-09-2017, 11:01 AM
I LOVE how LeBron "won't be able to get rest" like he did in previous seasons when the only thing people screamed about last year was how he averaged 38mpg and wasn't resting. Then he proceeded to annihilate everyone in the East and was the best player in the finals. JFC you guys STILL don't get it with LeBron? You guys should be eating crow for the rest of your lives with how often you've underestimated LeBron/Cavs teams (Irving injured, Love injured, no defense, etc...). It has happened every single year, and then when they steamroll the East in the playoffs everyone reverts to saying "teh east is weak". The narratives and hot takes are a joke.

I get why Boston fans are hyped but it's a long season and you just took on a guy who, despite having wonderful talent, will likely give you a bunch of headaches as well. It's not all sunshine and roses when Irving is a primary option/guy and his inability to run simple PnRs as well as his extreme tunnel vision is gonna be highlighted. Irving's a better scorer, but his offensive game isn't quite like IT's and you will soon learn that. The potential is there, but don't assume you guys are just gonna click and start dominating.

I think don't think any team in the East takes Cleveland to 7 games as-is. If IT comes back healthy in January/February you can probably chalk it up.

LeBron is going to get his numbers. It's the fact that if IT4 isn't healthy this year and for the playoffs, it will be the least talented team he has had since his first run with Cleveland nearly a decade ago.

I know another year isn't much, but add on top of it that the NBA now has two less timeouts per game so that will factor into LeBrons rest now. Whether it's just a couple minutes or more.

Vee-Rex
09-09-2017, 11:17 AM
LeBron is going to get his numbers. It's the fact that if IT4 isn't healthy this year and for the playoffs, it will be the least talented team he has had since his first run with Cleveland nearly a decade ago.

I know another year isn't much, but add on top of it that the NBA now has two less timeouts per game so that will factor into LeBrons rest now. Whether it's just a couple minutes or more.

All we've ever had were injuries, fam. Every single year.

The Cavs went 18-7 at the beginning of the 2015-16 season without Kyrie Irving. That's a 72% winning percentage and pace for 56'ish wins on the year. All they had was LeBron, Love, and guys like Jared Cunningham and post-injury bum-status Mozgov. LeBron played over 36mpg during that time.

We went for 6'ish weeks without Love last year, and JR missed significant time as well, and we had numerous shuffling of the lineups with new additions (both D-wills, Korver, etc...). We played Liggins for some time early on and even ran out there with guys like Felder playing solid minutes.

If you think that IT missing half a year is gonna screw up the Cavs then I think you're being naive. We've got more depth now than we ever had before, and LeBron + Love is enough to carry the team to a top 2-3 seed in the East.

Now, if we're missing IT for the entire year + playoffs, THEN I'd be a bit worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-09-2017, 11:37 AM
With IT injured Cavs go from a BIG3 to a BIG2. LeBron maybe forced to playing heavy minutes into regular season just to win those close games. Now if they can trade that Nets pick and whatever and get another star that can carry the team in the regular season would keep LeBron fresh for playoffs.

FlashBolt
09-09-2017, 12:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJ84HRZJNBs

This video demonstrates the IQ of LeBron. Remember when he was all athleticism and would decline by age 30? My Goodness.

Vee-Rex
09-09-2017, 01:01 PM
With IT injured Cavs go from a BIG3 to a BIG2. LeBron maybe forced to playing heavy minutes into regular season just to win those close games. Now if they can trade that Nets pick and whatever and get another star that can carry the team in the regular season would keep LeBron fresh for playoffs.

Eh, he did perfectly fine in this year's playoffs despite playing 38mpg throughout the regular season. You don't remember hearing everyone being dramatic about LeBron's minutes through the whole year? There were some very ridiculous hot takes. The man even said that his minutes were fine and wanted to play them. He knows his body better than anyone on these forums. Then capped off the regular season with a dominating playoff performance and one of the best finals performances in NBA history. Now people wanna doubt him again and worry about his minutes if IT misses half a year like he'll have to play 44mpg for the Cavs to be top 3 in the East and if not there's a chance the Cavs might have a bad record headed into the all-star break? I mean come on guys.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-09-2017, 03:27 PM
Eh, he did perfectly fine in this year's playoffs despite playing 38mpg throughout the regular season. You don't remember hearing everyone being dramatic about LeBron's minutes through the whole year? There were some very ridiculous hot takes. The man even said that his minutes were fine and wanted to play them. He knows his body better than anyone on these forums. Then capped off the regular season with a dominating playoff performance and one of the best finals performances in NBA history. Now people wanna doubt him again and worry about his minutes if IT misses half a year like he'll have to play 44mpg for the Cavs to be top 3 in the East and if not there's a chance the Cavs might have a bad record headed into the all-star break? I mean come on guys.

LeBron playing heavy minutes could be a risk of injury. Also IT may not be playing every game this season or could get reinjured and miss the playoffs. Love isn't anything special. Rose, Korver are a bit long in the tooth. Cavs are bit old. Smith a bit dippy. Irving carried a good portion of the scoring load as well. He could score anywhere from 25 to 40 a night any given night.

Down to a big2 and more pressure and more minutes and finger pointing. LeBron loves to point fingers when things go sour. He did that in Miami. Ya think Love looked unhappy or pouty last season and people thought a spiff was going on between him and LeBron. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of that this season.

Oh yeah and LeBron loves to coast regular season as well. Yeah central division bit down in the dumps. But my Bucks wont let up. Players where calling my Bucks try hard's last couple seasons. hahahah

FlashBolt
09-09-2017, 04:17 PM
LeBron playing heavy minutes could be a risk of injury. Also IT may not be playing every game this season or could get reinjured and miss the playoffs. Love isn't anything special. Rose, Korver are a bit long in the tooth. Cavs are bit old. Smith a bit dippy. Irving carried a good portion of the scoring load as well. He could score anywhere from 25 to 40 a night any given night.

Down to a big2 and more pressure and more minutes and finger pointing. LeBron loves to point fingers when things go sour. He did that in Miami. Ya think Love looked unhappy or pouty last season and people thought a spiff was going on between him and LeBron. I'm sure there's gonna be a lot of that this season.

Oh yeah and LeBron loves to coast regular season as well. Yeah central division bit down in the dumps. But my Bucks wont let up. Players where calling my Bucks try hard's last couple seasons. hahahah

1) LeBron has never been injured and has played the most minutes in NBA history of any player at the same age of their career. Not to say he won't get injured at all but the guy isn't your typical ordinary player. Karl Malone never got injured like that, too, down to the ripe age of 40. Some guys are just tanks with strong bones.

2) Irving could drop 25-40 on a given night? Funny, his averages show otherwise. Cavs lost when Irving was the focal point of the offense. Carried a good portion? Except, Love scored only 19 PPG per 36 when Kyrie is on the court but scored 27 PPG on the same metric without Kyrie.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Not sure what you were looking at. I was looking at actual game logs of points scored in each game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/6442/kyrie-irving

Guess it doesn't really matter does it? IT is injured and you got Rose's averages to look forward to.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-09-2017, 04:56 PM
All we've ever had were injuries, fam. Every single year.

The Cavs went 18-7 at the beginning of the 2015-16 season without Kyrie Irving. That's a 72% winning percentage and pace for 56'ish wins on the year. All they had was LeBron, Love, and guys like Jared Cunningham and post-injury bum-status Mozgov. LeBron played over 36mpg during that time.

We went for 6'ish weeks without Love last year, and JR missed significant time as well, and we had numerous shuffling of the lineups with new additions (both D-wills, Korver, etc...). We played Liggins for some time early on and even ran out there with guys like Felder playing solid minutes.

If you think that IT missing half a year is gonna screw up the Cavs then I think you're being naive. We've got more depth now than we ever had before, and LeBron + Love is enough to carry the team to a top 2-3 seed in the East.

Now, if we're missing IT for the entire year + playoffs, THEN I'd be a bit worried, but that doesn't seem to be the case at all.

I doubt LeBron wants to drop beyond #1 or #2 in the east. If he's at #4 or #5 then he's dealing with my Bucks or another good team first round. LeBron wants a cake walk all the way to the finals to meet the Warriors. So he wants #8 or #7 seeds for first round. A better team first round could get them winded.

Vee-Rex
09-09-2017, 05:38 PM

Love hasn't looked unhappy/pouty since the 2014-15 season (and 90% of PSD exclaimed he was GONE, but none ate their crow :laugh2:). There was none of that in the 2016-17 season. Where you been, bro? Last season he had his absolute best year as a Cav and got along with 'Bron perfectly fine. You're like two years behind here on everything outside of Milwaukee.

Vee-Rex
09-09-2017, 05:40 PM
I doubt LeBron wants to drop beyond #1 or #2 in the east. If he's at #4 or #5 then he's dealing with my Bucks or another good team first round. LeBron wants a cake walk all the way to the finals to meet the Warriors. So he wants #8 or #7 seeds for first round. A better team first round could get them winded.

I mean - logically that makes sense. But it doesn't necessarily apply.

The Pacers gave us a harder fight in the 1st round than both Boston and Toronto last year. The exaggeration on LeBron's 'fatigue' and being 'winded' and not being 'fresh' is starting to be severely/ridiculously overblown in this thread.

Dade County
09-09-2017, 11:51 PM
I agree, Warriors would still be better. But it's a SERIOUS dent in the gap if they get Cousins and IT is 100%. Kyrie is a bit better than IT but if healthy i don't think the gap is huge. Cousins is a top 15-20 player in the game. Adding him would make a big difference. I think it gets to the point where maaaaaaaybe you get a few lucky breaks and you could possibly be in position to upset them. Not much more you can ask for with KD's decision to sign there.

I have noticed something, a lot of Boston fans never want to insert AD name instead of DC. lol

Cav's would go after AD it will make the most sense. Why would they trade the Nets pick for a 1yr rental? Why would they trade Love for a 1yr rental?

The player that they would be targeting is AD. I would appreciate it if you guys stop just inserting DC name, just because you guys want AD. lol

If Isaiah Thomas' situation keeps him out, the Cavs would be relying heavily on a back court of Derrick Rose, Jose Calderon, Iman Shumpert, Jr Smith, Kyle Korver. The majority of those players have been plagued by injuries recently and all of them would be asked to take on a larger role on the team. Adding players like Crowder will help, and to a much lesser degree Jeff Green might be serviceable. Still putting a ton of faith in Derrick Rose to stay healthy. It will be an interesting situation if the injury bug lingers into the playoffs for the cavs.

Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
Crowder/Korver
Love/
TT/Zizic

Sssmush
09-10-2017, 02:42 AM

When push comes to shove Kyrie is 100x better than I.T.

I mean that's no knock on I.T., he's an amazing player, but in the Finals the past two years we have seen Kyrie put on EPIC / AMAZING performances that were all-time great. He even fouled-out Steph in 2016 Finals when Cleveland won (although ok that was laughable refereeing, but Steph would utterly toy with Isaiah Thomas let's just be real).

Honestly, in my view of NBA point guards it really comes down to Steph and Kyrie. I mean factoring in championship level performance as well as clutch also.

I mean if Westbrook, or Harden, or CP3 or anybody else had been on that Cavs team the past two years against GSW... no WAY they can do what Kyrie did.

Kyrie was absolute MONEY and scored basket after basket after basket with unbelievable penetration and clutch and the whole package. Just amazing and he was able to keep the Cavs in it against the incredible scoring production of GSW putting the load all on his own shoulders much of the time.

Westbrook is great but he has shown to be not that clutch, to step out and hit the perfect shot or make the perfect driving clutch layup again and again and again with all the money on the line.

Same thing with Harden. Great, but not as great as Kyrie was in the Finals. CP3? Don't think so.

I mean some of Kyrie's stat lines were unbelievable, and they were SOLID no fluff lines without even getting very many free throws. These like 42 PTs on ridiculous shooting percentages from 2 and 3 and 12+ assists and also rebounds and steals and no turnovers.

I mean the Cavs may well possibly play better as a unit with a tall defensive minded simple-facilitator type of point guard who guards the ball and makes the entry pass and runs the offense and spots up for open shots etc and plays great D.

But yeah if Cavs are trying to plug Isaiah Thomas in to do what Kyrie did.... yeah, no ****ing way, even if durability or injuries are no factor.

I mean you HAVE to flip that pick for a real amazing player like Cousins there's no other choice. Also if you ask me, they're already out on a limb trading Kyrie so now is probably also the time to cut ties with Kevin Love also and retool for real. You gotta roll the dice. If it fails then Lebron will just be in NY but if it succeeds bam that is a lot of NBA excitement

PAOboston
09-10-2017, 12:54 PM
I have noticed something, a lot of Boston fans never want to insert AD name instead of DC. lol

Cav's would go after AD it will make the most sense. Why would they trade the Nets pick for a 1yr rental? Why would they trade Love for a 1yr rental?

The player that they would be targeting is AD. I would appreciate it if you guys stop just inserting DC name, just because you guys want AD. lol

Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
Crowder/Korver
Love/
TT/ZizicUmmm. What exactly would the Cavs offer the Pelicans for AD? If the Pelicans are trading AD, it's to blow it up and start over. Outside of the Brooklyn pick, Cleveland doesn't have anything remotely close to rebuilding blocks for another team.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

BoSox47
09-10-2017, 09:37 PM

Highly doubt that AD is even available. AD would take a bigger haul than Kyrie to bring over. No clue what they could offer to bring that over where they would accept.

Problem Solved

Lbj/Rose/Calderon
Smith/Korver/Shumpert
Crowder/Korver
Love/
TT/Zizic

^^that team you posted above is the least talented team that Lebron has had since his first go around with Cleveland. Not worried about lebron getting his numbers, because he will. I'm looking at his other options and they dont look good.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-11-2017, 09:18 AM
AD probably isn't available. But if he was Celtics do have nice assets to package like Tatum, Brown, Lakers, Grizzlies, Clippers, Kings picks besides could toss in Horford as a salary filler. Then Pelicans trade Cousins to Cavs for Nets pick. Trade Holiday for a pick. Pelicans tank with their own pick if they have one. But seems Pelicans prefer to reload on the fly. So I wouldn't be shocked they trade future picks with players to get another star. Or package Holiday and picks for a big upgrade for a big 3 of AD and Cousins. Wall be nice. But I think Wall prefers to recruit Cousins to Wizards.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 12:27 PM
1)

2) Irving could drop 25-40 on a given night? Funny, his averages show otherwise. Cavs lost when Irving was the focal point of the offense. Carried a good portion? Except, Love scored only 19 PPG per 36 when Kyrie is on the court but scored 27 PPG on the same metric without Kyrie.

Dang those numbers lol. I've said before lebron and Love play great together. They are 25-10 just them 2 without Irving. I love Irving, he was a joy to watch. But he could not take over games when Lebron needed rest. He just couldn't lead the cavs.

I'm starting to believe the cavs will deal that nets pick for a star player. Not sure when but if it could happen early that would be nice to help Love when Lebron does sit games or needs rest. Although closer to trade deadline we will prob get the best deal.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 12:30 PM
When push comes to shove Kyrie is 100x better than I.T.

Once again i love Kyrie. But what you just said is crazy wrong. Irving is better yes, but a 100x? lmao!