PDA

View Full Version : When and who will dethrone the Curry/Durant Warriors?

LOb0
09-05-2017, 09:25 PM
What team in the future do you see finally taking down this Warriors team? How many years down the road will it be? Will they break up before they get beat?

It's a prediction thread obviously..

Vinsanity115
09-05-2017, 09:31 PM
Celtics. This year.

In all seriousness, I think once a feud occurs between Durant & Curry or Klay. Something will happen, egos can build but also destroy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tp13baby
09-05-2017, 09:51 PM
Celtics. This year.

In all seriousness, I think once a feud occurs between Durant & Curry or Klay. Something will happen, egos can build but also destroy.

None of those players have egos though.

I think the Celtics and Bucks are the closest.

Bucks 100 percent because they have a superstar in G, very good 2 and 3 options with Middleton and Jabari. Brogdon is to me another Gary Harris glue type guy. Thon is an X factor and Wilson is going to the mid round pick we look at in a few years and say wow he was a steal. Bucks aren't ready yet but their young talent develops they are my sleeper pick for sure.

bklynny67
09-05-2017, 09:54 PM
They will win every title while they are together, unless there's a major injury.

Scoots
09-05-2017, 10:33 PM
Can't predict injuries ... So, 3 years is my guess.

NetsPaint
09-05-2017, 11:24 PM
The Pelicans next year. The won't be able to handle those big men with Rondo feeding them. Plus they also have Holiday.

PurpleLynch
09-05-2017, 11:41 PM
Two or three years from now. I'd say Spurs as long as Leonard and Pop remain in the team.

Balltime
09-05-2017, 11:47 PM
Dynasties get over hyped in the moment. Going to the finals every year takes it's toll on you. I don't care how great your team is. Injuries, hunger/drive, age, wear and tear, while other teams are gunning for you. I can see the Warriors winning one more, stuff happens.

LaVar Ball
09-06-2017, 12:57 AM
The Ball dynasty gon take over soon in the purple & gold.

Playoffs next year, dethrone the Dubs the following!

I'VE SPOKEN IT INTO EXISTENCE!!!

KnickNyKnick
09-06-2017, 02:15 AM
Giannis and Kristaps will team up to create a DualCorn someday and battle the Warriors of the bay. There will be lots of magic as both teams will be at lvl 99. Giannis and KP are still leveling up right now But have lots of MP already. But they are outmatched by the sorcery of the splashers. The Journey begins.

YAALREADYKNO
09-06-2017, 06:53 AM
Draymond Green

prodigy
09-06-2017, 10:57 AM
Cavs. They still have a excellent ball club that will get even better near trade deadline

R. Johnson#3
09-06-2017, 11:18 AM
The only way the Warriors lose is if Draymond Green starts kicking his own guys in the nuts.

Hawkeye15
09-06-2017, 11:23 AM
The Wolves in 2020

MygirlhatesCod
09-06-2017, 11:48 AM
The Wolves in 2020

I think so too. a few years of playing together and they will be scary.

cmellofan15
09-06-2017, 12:02 PM
It'll be 4-5 years for these guys to slow up to the point of someone actually challenging them in WC. hard to say who but the best guess would be Minnesota

mrblisterdundee
09-06-2017, 01:24 PM
Boston seems the most likely, unless a super-team forms in Los Angeles. They have the assets to get another star, which I think it will take to provide a real threat to Golden State.
As for Golden State, I do think there's a real possibility Klay leaves Golden State for a bigger role somewhere else. He's already got a couple championships and is known to get more molten hot than even Curry.

SfgiantsJD3
09-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Depends on which 3 or 4 players Lebron gets to join him in LA for reduced pay

mngopher35
09-06-2017, 01:38 PM
I think they win 4 straight (so 3 more). If a team can challenge around that time they might be fatigued/bored to an extent (not as motivated to push themselves basically).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-06-2017, 01:39 PM
None of those players have egos though.

I think the Celtics and Bucks are the closest.

Bucks 100 percent because they have a superstar in G, very good 2 and 3 options with Middleton and Jabari. Brogdon is to me another Gary Harris glue type guy. Thon is an X factor and Wilson is going to the mid round pick we look at in a few years and say wow he was a steal. Bucks aren't ready yet but their young talent develops they are my sleeper pick for sure.

Right on!

TheDish87
09-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Sixers in 2020. book it.

Vinsanity115
09-06-2017, 01:58 PM
Draymond GreenThis too!

kdspurman
09-06-2017, 02:22 PM
Kawhi & Co, next season. :box:

warfelg
09-06-2017, 04:29 PM

That's my answer too.

DanG
09-06-2017, 05:28 PM
2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Paul George
LeBron James
Brook Lopez

Easily the best team LeBron has ever played with. Now, if LeBron wants to bring his friends then he can stay in Cleveland.

LOb0
09-06-2017, 09:53 PM
The Wolves in 2020

They're the team I think has the potential to beat them down the road. They always come to mind.

Vinsanity115
09-06-2017, 10:02 PM
You guys know the Wolves are in the West right? They have a lot to get through first.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 10:08 PM

LeBron has been on record willing to take a paycut to make it work. Only issue is Pau Gasol's contract and whether or not LMA opts in. I think a combination of LeBron+CP3+Kawhi is fine enough.

Hawkeye15
09-06-2017, 10:35 PM
My Wolves aint winning ****. But I have to rep em'

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 11:00 PM
My Wolves aint winning ****. But I have to rep em'

I want to see an AD+KAT duo at their prime.. best frontcourt in NBA history.

Scoots
09-06-2017, 11:09 PM
Boston seems the most likely, unless a super-team forms in Los Angeles. They have the assets to get another star, which I think it will take to provide a real threat to Golden State.
As for Golden State, I do think there's a real possibility Klay leaves Golden State for a bigger role somewhere else. He's already got a couple championships and is known to get more molten hot than even Curry.

Except Klay is so not that guy. All he cares about is if he makes the right play and keeps his errors to a minimum. He's happy to play with the other guys. The owners not wanting to pay is the only think that gets Klay to leave.

Scoots
09-06-2017, 11:10 PM
2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Paul George
LeBron James
Brook Lopez

Easily the best team LeBron has ever played with. Now, if LeBron wants to bring his friends then he can stay in Cleveland.

Not yet.

tp13baby
09-06-2017, 11:19 PM
2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Paul George
LeBron James
Brook Lopez

Lonzo hasn't played a game, Ingram was ****ing terrible last year, and That bench will be hot garbage with Brook making bank.

Minny depends on Wiggins. Him getting the max and not taking another leap handcuffs them.

kdspurman
09-07-2017, 07:48 AM
I want to see an AD+KAT duo at their prime.. best frontcourt in NBA history.

Duncan/Robinson easily better than those guys

kdspurman
09-07-2017, 07:49 AM
LeBron has been on record willing to take a paycut to make it work. Only issue is Pau Gasol's contract and whether or not LMA opts in. I think a combination of LeBron+CP3+Kawhi is fine enough.

Idk about that, but we'll see. I meant moreso this season coming up. I think they can be caught off guard now that they avenged their 3-1 series loss. That same hunger and fire may not be there

PAOboston
09-07-2017, 08:23 AM
As for Golden State, I do think there's a real possibility Klay leaves Golden State for a bigger role somewhere else. He's already got a couple championships and is known to get more molten hot than even Curry.In the same boat as you. I think GS dominates probably the next 2 years until they have to make a decision on Klay. At some point, the contracts will become an issue for GS. That being said, even if they offload Klay for spare parts, they still have a core of KD, Curry, and Green which is still great.

As far as teams that can dethrone GS I think Boston and Minny have the players/youth where the timeline lines up for a passing of the guard scenario. Both of those teams have youth/ tools to get better and add to their current roster.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
09-08-2017, 01:23 PM
In the same boat as you. I think GS dominates probably the next 2 years until they have to make a decision on Klay. At some point, the contracts will become an issue for GS. That being said, even if they offload Klay for spare parts, they still have a core of KD, Curry, and Green which is still great.

As far as teams that can dethrone GS I think Boston and Minny have the players/youth where the timeline lines up for a passing of the guard scenario. Both of those teams have youth/ tools to get better and add to their current roster.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

I wonder if Klay could pull an Irving and get his way into Boston, which could offer up Tatum, Morris, Smart and maybe a good pick for Thompson and Looney.
Boston would have the deadliest back court in the league and that additional star they need. Klay still wouldn't be the top scorer, but he'd probably be No. 2 instead of No. 3 in Golden State. I don't think Boston would worry about re-signing him.
Golden State gets a solid young stud in Tatum, along with the cap space to improve their depth and/or re-sign the guys they're developing.

TheDish87
09-08-2017, 02:14 PM
Klay is coming to Philly so forget about that!

Jamiecballer
09-08-2017, 02:34 PM
I think the only team that could do it is Boston in like 4 years. The caveat here is I might completely change my mind on them in 12 months. They are the only team with upside, picks and good management that I can imagine challenging GS in the near future.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

prodigy
09-09-2017, 10:29 AM
2018-2019 LA Lakers

Lonzo Ball
Brandon Ingram
Paul George
LeBron James
Brook Lopez

Few things need to happen before Lebron would ever consider the Lakers. (most of hte hype around this is the media and Laker fans building it up).

1. Ingram has a lot to prove. His rookie season was not very good. Yes he's 20 but he has a year to show Lebron he's an all-star type player.

2. Ball is a very talented kid. but that jump shot is straight garbage right now. I have no doubt it will improve, but once again he has a year to show lebron he can be the face of the Lakers (magics remarks).

3. Gotta land Paul George. Westbrook and Thunder will do everything possible to keep him. if he gets deep into the playoffs and not sure what Lebrons going to do(Lebron won't tell anyone) he may just stay with Westbrook.

4. Brook lopez is injury probe and butt lol. Need to land some good bench players. Lebron doesn't have much time left.

5. Do something to the warriors big 4 lol. It seems stupid for anyone who wants to make the finals to join a west team right now. The west is insane and at least in the east lebron can take days off.

many other things thats just a few. im bored.

JasonJohnHorn
09-09-2017, 01:03 PM
I'm not even sure the Celtics could compete with the Cavs.

But look at it this way, if Kyrie couldn't beat the Warriors with LeBron, Love and TT, how could he beat them with Hayward and Horford? I mean... really?

Even if somebody believes that this year's Celtics could beat this year's Cavs, there simply isn't an argument to be made that they are better than last year's Cavs.

And if that Cavs teams got decimated by the Warriors, then the Warriors would likely sweep the Celtics.

And this Warriors team will frankly be better this year. They had some mild growing pains last season. This year, they'll be on point all year.

Barring injury AND the formation of another superteam (I don't even think one or the other would help: it has to be both), the Warriors have the next two or three titles locked up.

We might see the Spurs give them a run. And hey, maybe the Rockets with CP3 will make them work hard. But neither of these teams have the depth. Parker, Manu, and Gasol have all had great career, but they are getting older. Leonard is amazing, but he is one person. LMA is good, but he's not going to help Leonard put much of a dent in that team.

CP3 is going to have an aneurysm trying to talk his teammates (read Harden) into playing defense, and is likely to be the first player since Sprewell to choke his own coach (again, for lack of D). I don't see that roster competing defensively with the Warriors.

Whoever comes out of the east... well... they are just competing for the runner-up trophy out there, unless IT is healthy and somebody becomes and effective defender.

The Cavs best chance will come the next year if they draft a great player with that pick. Unless they manage a trade for Conley or CP3 this year with IT and that pick.

It takes an average of almost 4 years for fans to see a new NBA champion (meaning a franchise winning it who hasn't won it before). With the Celtics coming up, and the Lakers, and the Cavs in a strong position (assuming they hold onto James and draft well: which is not a given), and the Rockets and Spurs being the only teams current in a position to make the Warriors work, I say it's another 2 or 3 years before somebody other than the Warriors win, and another 5 or 6 seasons at least (likely over 10) before we see a franchise break their championship cherry.

Jamiecballer
09-09-2017, 01:08 PM

But look at it this way, if Kyrie couldn't beat the Warriors with LeBron, Love and TT, how could he beat them with Hayward and Horford? I mean... really?

Even if somebody believes that this year's Celtics could beat this year's Cavs, there simply isn't an argument to be made that they are better than last year's Cavs.

And if that Cavs teams got decimated by the Warriors, then the Warriors would likely sweep the Celtics.

And this Warriors team will frankly be better this year. They had some mild growing pains last season. This year, they'll be on point all year.

Barring injury AND the formation of another superteam (I don't even think one or the other would help: it has to be both), the Warriors have the next two or three titles locked up.

We might see the Spurs give them a run. And hey, maybe the Rockets with CP3 will make them work hard. But neither of these teams have the depth. Parker, Manu, and Gasol have all had great career, but they are getting older. Leonard is amazing, but he is one person. LMA is good, but he's not going to help Leonard put much of a dent in that team.

CP3 is going to have an aneurysm trying to talk his teammates (read Harden) into playing defense, and is likely to be the first player since Sprewell to choke his own coach (again, for lack of D). I don't see that roster competing defensively with the Warriors.

Whoever comes out of the east... well... they are just competing for the runner-up trophy out there, unless IT is healthy and somebody becomes and effective defender.

The Cavs best chance will come the next year if they draft a great player with that pick. Unless they manage a trade for Conley or CP3 this year with IT and that pick.

It takes an average of almost 4 years for fans to see a new NBA champion (meaning a franchise winning it who hasn't won it before). With the Celtics coming up, and the Lakers, and the Cavs in a strong position (assuming they hold onto James and draft well: which is not a given), and the Rockets and Spurs being the only teams current in a position to make the Warriors work, I say it's another 2 or 3 years before somebody other than the Warriors win, and another 5 or 6 seasons at least (likely over 10) before we see a franchise break their championship cherry.Ya, I said in like 4 years. Definitely not now.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Scoots
09-09-2017, 01:23 PM
Klay isn't looking to leave.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 10:20 AM

Not yet but im sure he will be. Him and/or Durant. I don't see either of them sticking around much longer. Curry and Green i feel will stay in GS for a very long time.

Hawkeye15
09-11-2017, 01:34 PM

he doesn't need to be. Once that repeater tax is staring GS in the face, after winning 3-4 chips, he is gone regardless. Unless of course Klay is willing to take way under his market value.

WaDe03
09-11-2017, 01:45 PM
Whatever team Wade finishes on next year, remember this.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-11-2017, 02:03 PM
Time and cap space in the long run. Eventually be a big2 like 3 or 4 years. Or a big3 with G-league bench.

hugepatsfan
09-11-2017, 02:31 PM

It takes an average of almost 4 years for fans to see a new NBA champion (meaning a franchise winning it who hasn't won it before). With the Celtics coming up, and the Lakers, and the Cavs in a strong position (assuming they hold onto James and draft well: which is not a given), and the Rockets and Spurs being the only teams current in a position to make the Warriors work, I say it's another 2 or 3 years before somebody other than the Warriors win, and another 5 or 6 seasons at least (likely over 10) before we see a franchise break their championship cherry.

I don't think anyone is saying BOS can compete with GS now. I think the consensus is that no one can compete with them now. Not even CLE who is the consensus #2 team in the NBA.

People are mentioning BOS because 3-5 years from now, where GS might see some decline in their stars, BOS figures to be ready to pounce. Kyrie will be 29 if he extends, Hayward will be 30. Tatum/Brown will be 24 and 25. They'll have another potentially high pick from LAL or SAC. Some more 1sts with their own, MEM and LAC. They'll have ability to potentially add another max once Horford expires (would require letting Smart and Rozier go after their rookie deals).

I think MIL can also be added into this category as being ready. PHI as well. Basically, I think the teams that can compete have starpower or potential starpower that's still going to be in their prime in 5 years. Those are the prime teams to knock off GS. Because over the next 5 it's likely not happening. Teams like CLE or HOU might be closer to GS now, but realistically I can't see either ever getting past them with their current windows. So I see teams like BOS, PHI, MIL better poised to compete.

nastynice
09-11-2017, 05:15 PM
Probably once curry and kd are in their late 30's. Predicting who it will be is a shot in the dark, those players ain't even in the league yet

nastynice
09-11-2017, 05:16 PM
It's a wrap folks, it's wrap :)

COOLbeans
09-11-2017, 06:19 PM
Funny how dudes in a forum are so guarded about billionaires money regrading the repeater tax. The Warriors will pay all taxes to keep this team together if they are winning championships.

Shrudist organization in the league. On the flip side if a guy isn't necessary to compete or if they can get better by saving money and making a trade, then I imagine the Warriors will do that. Not to worry, the league will be just fine

Scoots
09-11-2017, 07:54 PM
Curry and Green will have shortish primes since they rely on maximizing their limited athleticism to be great, when it falls off they will have problems maintaining this level of play.

JasonJohnHorn
09-11-2017, 09:49 PM
Curry and Green will have shortish primes since they rely on maximizing their limited athleticism to be great, when it falls off they will have problems maintaining this level of play.

*scratching head*

I mean... I realize that PGs like Curry who rely on quickness don't age well (Tim Hardaway, Isiah Thomas), but Curry is a shooter first and foremost. He may not be flashing crazy handles and running guys to the hoop at 35 five, but like Ray Allen, he'll have that shot, and that will make him an important player for years to come, even if his athleticism slows down.

As for Green... well... he's a hard worker and a smart passer and player. He knows how to position himself. Like Dennis Rodman, I don't expect his defense to be where it is once he get into his 30's, but Rodman, for instance, remained a stellar rebounder into his late 30's.

I feel like Green has enough skills and game smarts to be a relevant player. And if his 3-pt shots improves or even stays where it is, he'll be a problem for defenses with or without his athleticism.

That said... I see these guys remaining pretty athletic for five more years barring injury. They are quite young.