PDA

View Full Version : Cavs trading for Cousins? or fake news? lets speculate......

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 08:41 AM
Leading Sports Media‏*
@LeadingSports_
Follow

More
Report: Cavs, Pelicans have discussed a deal for DeMarcus Cousins that would send Shumpert & Nets 1st round pick to NO.

Never seen this account before. Even though they got like 78k followers. But we did talk about this before in the other Irving trade threads. Or could be fake news. Cousins on the Cavs for crapshoot Nets pick and Shumpert and whatever other junk as salary fillers be killer. Then if Cavs land Wade as well. Just cant picture Pelicans giving up on the season so early.

AD would be pissed. Unless AD demands a trade to Celtics for a godfather offer of Tatum, Brown, Lakers pick, Clippers pick, Grizzlies pick and whatever salaries to match. Maybe Horford cause not many other big contracts after Irving and Hayward. I could see any Cousins trade Pelicans wanna dump Asik in it as well. Maybe Cavs part with Thompson then?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:04 AM
@kc1nyk‏*@kylecohenNBA 20h
20 hours ago

More
Report: #Pelicans interested in #Cavs #Cavaliers SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert....

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:08 AM
@kc1nyk‏*
@kylecohenNBA
Following

More
Rumor: #Cavs #Cavaliers and #Pelicans discussing SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert and 2018 #Nets 1st round pick for superstar C-PF DeMarcus Cousins.
12:08 AM - 3 Sep 2017

@kc1nyk‏*
@kylecohenNBA
Following

More
Rumor: #Cavs #Cavaliers and #Pelicans discussing SG-PG-SF Iman Shumpert and 2018 #Nets 1st round pick for superstar C-PF DeMarcus Cousins.
12:08 AM - 3 Sep 2017

Even if it happened. LeBron, Cousins and IT could all walk. If Pelicans close to missing playoffs. I could see them going cheap and trade Cousins for the Nets pick at trade deadline.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:31 AM
“As owners of Brooklyn’s No. 1 pick, which could be a top-five pick in next year’s draft, Cleveland has fielded numerous calls already about a potential trade. It could be a part of a major trade package for the Cavs later this year, or, conceivably, the Cavs could make that pick next June.”

I think Cavs need one more big time win now piece.

j-bay
09-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Sorry Cleveland fans. Lebron probably walked into Altman's office, demanding that he traded the first, and Gilbert probably walked in after agreed with Lebron.

Dade County
09-03-2017, 09:35 AM
Even if it happened. LeBron, Cousins and IT could all walk. If Pelicans close to missing playoffs. I could see them going cheap and trade Cousins for the Nets pick at trade deadline.

Why would Cavs trade the pick at that point? Near the trade deadline. It wouldn't make no sense.

You would want a player that would be a free agent in the offseason to be with you the whole entire year so you can show him what your organization is about.

& OP... why would N.O trade AD to Boston??? You don't think they will hold onto AD until the last possible hour? Not trade him with years still left on his contract?

Too much of you guys have Boston on the brain and you believing the media and YouTube hype.

If Westbrook doesn't sign that deal, he might be traded within the next two months.

j-bay
09-03-2017, 09:38 AM
Why would Cavs trade the pick at that point? Near the trade deadline. It wouldn't make no sense.

You would want a player that would be a free agent in the offseason to be with you the whole entire year so you can show him what your organization is about.

& OP... why would N.O trade AD to Boston??? You don't think they will hold onto AD until the last possible hour? Not trade him with years still left on his contract?

Too much of you guys have Boston on the brain and you believing the media and YouTube hype.

If Westbrook doesn't sign that deal, he might be traded within the next two months.

Because Gilbert is Lebron's yes man at this point. He is holding on to hope that Lebron stays

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:42 AM
Cavs Nation‏*@CavsNationNet 12h
12 hours ago

More
The Cavs are dangling the Nets' pick.
http://cavsnation.com/cavs-talked-trading-brooklyns-unprotected-pick/*…

Its no WOJ bomb. Also no blue check marks. But googling around. Cavs wanted Cousins back when he was with the Kings yet. I'm sure Lebron wants help right now. Especially with no IT for how many months. LeBron wont let Gilbert sit on that Nets pick.

warfelg
09-03-2017, 09:55 AM
Does TT come off the bench or does he go to NOP?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:55 AM

If its a godfather offer like I suggested of Lakers and Grizzlies and Clippers picks and Tatum and Brown and Horford as the dead weight salary filler. I'm sure Pelicans start over. Bottom out and use their own pick as well if they own one AD been dinged up last couple years. Also Holiday been injured a lot. Also stuck with dead weight Asik which they didn't use the stretch provision on. Also if they can trade Cousins for Nets pick and Shumpert and Fry and maybe weasel in Asik for Thompson. Pelicans could have ........

Nets pick
Lakers pick
Grizzlies pick
Clippers pick
Thompson
Brown
Tatum
Horford
Shumpert

Cross your fingers that Lakers/Nets pick is top 5 each for Porter or Bagley or Ayton. Cross your fingers Grizzlies rebuild. Then with injury bugs to Blake and Gallinari and Beverley. Pelicans could re-flip Horford somewhere as well. But his contract sucks. So they maybe stuck with him. Also Pelicans didn't give up much for Cousins. Probably peddle off Holiday as well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-03-2017, 09:59 AM

If I was Pelicans i'd force feed Asik going back to Cavs and Thompson going to Pelicans with Shumpert and Nets pick for Cousins. Maybe even expiring Frye. I didn't check the salaries. That's what i'd do in a rebuild. AD probably ticked off anyway. Even though he seems to always get injured as well. Cavs could even call up Pat Riley and ask about Whiteside for Nets pick as well. But cant picture Heat ready to tank right away. Since Heat owe Suns a first round picks yet for Dragic trade.

hugepatsfan
09-03-2017, 10:09 AM
Keep in mind Lebrons FA decision comes after the draft. It seems like there might be a delay for IT and maybe he doesn't get fully acclimated. Even so, CLE should still win the East. They could get IT cheaper as a result. And then whoever is available in the draft you could agree to deal for contingent on LBJ committing. So you sell to him that hey look we're adding two all stars if you stay,

Scoots
09-03-2017, 10:54 AM
GS without Bogut doesn't have a player to effectively slow Cousins.

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 12:55 PM

Shump makes $10M, Cousins makes $16M and TT makes $16M. If they want Shumpert it's him, the pick, and filler. TT would blow up the deal and NO would have to send back a lot more salary. Asik, Solomon Hill, or E'Twaun Moore would work.

Cal827
09-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Unless the Pelicans are saying **** it and blowing the team up now to get picks, then that's a terrible trade :laugh2: Cleveland will probably have to add their own unprotected pick next year and then risk giving up a top pick if they all leave in order to try and win this season. The fiasco with Boston has probably further damaged their reputation too, especially if they had known all of Thomas's issues beforehand and it was all in Gilberts plan to accept the deal, then hold it up to try and get more out of the other team.

I mean, I'm sure that the Pelicans can get something much better at this point from another team that might be lotto bound. Hell, they might want to go see how much they can get from Boston with their tons of little protection/unprotected picks and Tatum/Brown :laugh2:.... How about Davis/Cousins for Horford (need a big contract), Tatum/Brown and All of their acquired picks for the next few years? That'll immediately help the Pelicans if their goal is to blow everything up for young talent and draft picks

Maybe the Cleveland deal would work mid season, if the Pelicans big men combo isn't working well, and Cousins has shown indications that he's leaving... otherwise it probably won't happen. Even in that other scenario, would Cleveland risk it? Because regardless of whether it's his fault or not, Cousins would absorb a ton of the blame if the Pelicans aren't near what people expected.

Vinylman
09-03-2017, 03:36 PM
so the pelicans gave up hield and a top 10 pick for cousins at the deadline last year and now would trade him for a potential top 5 pick and filler...

really?

FlashBolt
09-03-2017, 05:19 PM
There's no reason to trade Cousins right now if you're the Pelicans. You didn't get a full year of Cousins+Davis so that experiment is too short to judge. Let's assume Pelicans make it to the 2nd round and lost in a close game 7.. I can see Cousins resigning. On the other hand, if this thing doesn't work out by mid-deadline, just trade Cousins. You won't get the same offer but I can see a desperate team that needs Cousins to elevatre their team willing to make a decent enough trade. You gave up Hield and Evans with some pick.. that was an absolute steal as it was. If I'm the Cavs, I'd offer Channing+Shump+1st rounder from BKLYN.

j-bay
09-03-2017, 05:59 PM
There's no reason to trade Cousins right now if you're the Pelicans. You didn't get a full year of Cousins+Davis so that experiment is too short to judge. Let's assume Pelicans make it to the 2nd round and lost in a close game 7.. I can see Cousins resigning. On the other hand, if this thing doesn't work out by mid-deadline, just trade Cousins. You won't get the same offer but I can see a desperate team that needs Cousins to elevatre their team willing to make a decent enough trade. You gave up Hield and Evans with some pick.. that was an absolute steal as it was. If I'm the Cavs, I'd offer Channing+Shump+1st rounder from BKLYN.

Not if DC clears cap and Gortat

Lakers + Giants
09-04-2017, 01:38 AM
wait. a 1st and Shumpert for DMC? Damn, how his stock has fallen if that bs true. has to be BS.

EDIT: Brooklyn's 1st round pick. OK, that makes more sense.

Dade County
09-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Not if DC clears cap and Gortat

I believe Lbj is staying out East, so there I really don't see a reason for DC to sign with the Wiz.

It's time for DC to start thinking about truly contending from year to year. He needs to team up with players like, Westbrook, Lbj...etc

Wall is good, it's just that that Wiz team just needs more overall talent. Trust me i like super teams, I just would like 2 to 3 more organizations to actually create one; so it can be some actually real challenge to GS.

prodigy
09-04-2017, 09:20 AM
This was also discussed in 2 other threads. Cousins to cavs is a legit trade idea but won't happen till trade deadline. pelicans gonna wait and see how their season goes first.

I still have not heard a legit reason Lebron would leave but if the cavs had a lineup of Thomas, Wade, Lebron, Love and Cousins (which seems very likely) nobody is going anywhere unless the cavs let them walk. But lebron and cousins would def be back.

da ThRONe
09-04-2017, 11:33 AM

There's always reasons to trade. It's highly unlikely this early with Demps still making decisions, but if the team can say move Asik, get Shumpert, and the Brooklyn pick they should consider it as we already lost Hill and well likely be weak at the wing position again an area that has unfortunately been a huge problem for several seasons.

j-bay
09-04-2017, 12:02 PM
I believe Lbj is staying out East, so there I really don't see a reason for DC to sign with the Wiz.

It's time for DC to start thinking about truly contending from year to year. He needs to team up with players like, Westbrook, Lbj...etc

Wall is good, it's just that that Wiz team just needs more overall talent. Trust me i like super teams, I just would like 2 to 3 more organizations to actually create one; so it can be some actually real challenge to GS.

First of all like i said i doubt Lebron stays if they fail to beat the Warriors again. And where in the East would he go? I doubt he goes back to Miami. Washington and Boston are out. I doubt he would go to Toronto or the Bucks. So where would he go.

As for Cousins, he and Wall are very good friends. They talked about playing together before the NO trade. So don't be surprised to see Cousins with Wizards next offseason.

Balltime
09-04-2017, 12:20 PM
I can't see Cousins playing with Lebron. Cousins would rush Lebron if he had one of his temper tantrums going off on a teammate in public.

prodigy
09-04-2017, 01:11 PM
I can't see Cousins playing with Lebron. Cousins would rush Lebron if he had one of his temper tantrums going off on a teammate in public.

I don't believe so at all. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but have you ever played sports? Because you handle every player different. Some guys u can scream at and they respond positive, others you gotta baby them and take an easy. Lebron would have to understand that and i believe he would. Plus Lebron has earned the right to yell at people lol.

Balltime
09-04-2017, 01:18 PM
I don't believe so at all. I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but have you ever played sports? Because you handle every player different. Some guys u can scream at and they respond positive, others you gotta baby them and take an easy. Lebron would have to understand that and i believe he would. Plus Lebron has earned the right to yell at people lol.

So you think Lebron yelling @ Cousins will be ok? Cousins is bigger and has a chip on his shoulder. I don't see them meshing. Cousins can play the 3 ball game, but with his game he can post up in the block as well. We all know Lebron wants spacing and the paint clear. I see problems with Cousins playing with Lebron like we did with Bosh and Love hovering around the perimeter when they should be utilized more in the paint.

Eagles4Lyfe
09-04-2017, 01:38 PM
If im the Pelicans, I'm asking for Love and the nets pick and doing it without hesitation.
If im the Cavs i'm doing it with solid depth pieces added in. If I'm Lebron no way im leaving after that.

j-bay
09-04-2017, 02:28 PM
I feel confident that Cousins will join Wall in DC if they clear cap. Even if Lebron stays.

Dade County
09-04-2017, 04:05 PM
First of all like i said i doubt Lebron stays if they fail to beat the Warriors again. And where in the East would he go? I doubt he goes back to Miami. Washington and Boston are out. I doubt he would go to Toronto or the Bucks. So where would he go.

As long as he stays away from Miami, we all good.

The team i see him taking a serious look at is the 6ers. If they san stay healthy and show signs they can truly turn into star players; then I see Lbj landing their. He can get 2 to 4 more rings if everything works out.

But just also try to think outside the box. Just because you can't clearly see a team Lbj, Melo, Wade & whoever can join right off the bat; doesn't mean plans are not in motion to clear that team roster and they can all sign in one place.

Once again, I feel that Lbj will never leave the EAST. It would look good for his legacy if he can keep on making Final's. He should try to aim for 10 or 11 straight Final's. But of course he needs to start winning more rings.

So when all is send and done, everyone would look back and say, damn, he shot out the entire conference for an entire decade.

It will make NO sense for Lbj to go out West & don't make the Final's. Critics would use that to say, you see Lbj would never have made otto all these Final's out West.

As for Cousins, he and Wall are very good friends. They talked about playing together before the NO trade. So don't be surprised to see Cousins with Wizards next offseason.

If it happens good for them. But how will that help DC or the NBA? The key players to dethroning what KD did are; Westbrook, Lbj, Giannis, AD, & Kawhi as of right now. 3 out of these 5 players have to team up.

Dade County
09-04-2017, 04:09 PM
If im the Pelicans, I'm asking for Love and the nets pick and doing it without hesitation.
If im the Cavs i'm doing it with solid depth pieces added in. If I'm Lebron no way im leaving after that.

I just think the Cav's have yo offer Love & a filler, and the deal should get done. The Cav's will not & should not give up the Nets pick, unless Cuz says he will re-sign. But if he is just a one year rental, you offer them Love & dump a contract off on them.

Jeffy25
09-04-2017, 05:45 PM
Its no WOJ bomb. Also no blue check marks. But googling around. Cavs wanted Cousins back when he was with the Kings yet. I'm sure Lebron wants help right now. Especially with no IT for how many months. LeBron wont let Gilbert sit on that Nets pick.

If Bron won't let him sit on that pick, then he needs to commit to the organization that he is staying long term.

That is the bargaining chip with Bron.

Nikeman
09-04-2017, 07:21 PM
1) I doubt LeBron is willing to commit no matter what the situation. Rumor is that Cleveland had a deal in place for Eric Bledsoe and Paul George for Kyrie.

Bledsoe/PG to Cavs
Kyrie to Suns
#4 Pick to Indy

If Cleveland is seriously trying to compete with GS, Bledsoe and George are exactly the types of pieces Cleveland would have needed. Bledsoe is a 20 ppg scorer who plays good D, and PG13 is a top 5 wing in the game and elite 2 way player.

Bledsoe
JR Smith
PG13
LeBron
Love/TT

That Big 4 of Bledsoe/LBJ/PG13/Love could have seriously given GS a run for their money.

If LBJ doesn't want to commit for Bledsoe/PG13, I doubt he commits for anything the Cavs do.

2) If Cleveland is offering the BK pick for anyone, they damn well better have EVERYONE sign an extension. If They offer the BK pick for Cousins thats well and dandy, but LBJ/Cousins/IT all better be re-signed or the Cavs look foolish. The BK pick is their saving grace if LeBron leaves. Giving up the BK pick to see Cousins leave after 1 yr and then LBJ bolt would be the worst move in sports history.

5ass
09-04-2017, 08:01 PM
If im the Cavs GM id trade Thompson and the Nets pick for Cousins and trade Love for Bledsoe+ Miami's 2018 1st (from PHX). Then maybe use that 1st and Shumpert to add depth. Maybe trade for Fournier.

Cousins
Lebron
Crowder
Bledsoe/Fournier
Thomas

If healthy, this team competes with the Warriors. When Thomas is injured, you just slide Bledsoe to PG and Fournier to the starting line up.

Nikeman
09-04-2017, 11:49 PM
If im the Cavs GM id trade Thompson and the Nets pick for Cousins and trade Love for Bledsoe+ Miami's 2018 1st (from PHX). Then maybe use that 1st and Shumpert to add depth. Maybe trade for Fournier.

Cousins
Lebron
Crowder
Bledsoe/Fournier
Thomas

If healthy, this team competes with the Warriors. When Thomas is injured, you just slide Bledsoe to PG and Fournier to the starting line up.

You don't trade the Nets pick for Cousins without a guarantee him and LeBron are staying..

NetsPaint
09-05-2017, 12:31 AM
This deserves no attention. The Pelicans will win the West with Cousins this coming season.

Vinylman
09-05-2017, 08:02 AM
So you think Lebron yelling @ Cousins will be ok? Cousins is bigger and has a chip on his shoulder. I don't see them meshing. Cousins can play the 3 ball game, but with his game he can post up in the block as well. We all know Lebron wants spacing and the paint clear. I see problems with Cousins playing with Lebron like we did with Bosh and Love hovering around the perimeter when they should be utilized more in the paint.

I don't know how LeBron and Cousins would work on the court but Cousins would definitely follow lebrons lead... if you watched any of the Team USA stuff you would notice that Cousins falls in line when playing with other top level guys...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-05-2017, 09:45 AM

Cousins
Lebron
Crowder
Bledsoe/Fournier
Thomas

ESPN trade machine works of Cousins, Bledsoe, Chandler, Asik to Cavs and Shumpert, Nets pick and Thompson to Pelicans and Love and Frye to Suns works. Its almost spot on what you mentioned.

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ybcfjkdl

It said it works but shows loading screen after I saved the trade. Maybe ESPN servers are down.

prodigy
09-05-2017, 10:56 AM

read my post

Balltime
09-05-2017, 11:49 PM
read my post

I did and replied now read mine.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 12:23 AM
Pelicans should take the Love deal and run with it if by midseason, Cousins isn't working out for them. Love is a good second option player who will excel playing under AD considering AD will be able to defend and draw defenders away from the paint. I'm not sure what Cavs do with TT, though. You can't play Cousins+TT so are the Cavs going to put LeBron at PF?

IKnowHoops
09-06-2017, 04:16 AM
Pelicans should take the Love deal and run with it if by midseason, Cousins isn't working out for them. Love is a good second option player who will excel playing under AD considering AD will be able to defend and draw defenders away from the paint. I'm not sure what Cavs do with TT, though. You can't play Cousins+TT so are the Cavs going to put LeBron at PF?

Gotta keep love and get rid of TT if anyone.

prodigy
09-06-2017, 10:42 AM

ok i did. now read mine i clearly addressed that. lol.

WaDe03
09-06-2017, 10:49 AM

This, no need to trade Love here. May not even have to trade TT.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 06:12 PM

Cavs aren't getting rid of TT and no one wants to take on TT for Cousins. Makes zero sense. Reason I don't involve TT and J.R. in any trade deal is because cough, LeBron will be enraged. Both of those guys are clients of Rich Paul's sports agency.

hugepatsfan
09-06-2017, 06:19 PM
Cavs should keep TT and JR rather than throw them in deals. I think both are good players with value on the court, even if overpaid.

I also don't think moving Love for Cousins is the answer. They need to keep Love and add another all star caliber player on top of what they have. GS is a monster. You can't stunt your improvement by giving up an all star. Yes, Cousins could be an upgrade if they adjust to him (not the shooter Love is so they'd need to incorporate him into their offense differently) but they need more than that. They need to keep their stars and add on top of that. They need to get IT healthy so he can to a large extent replicate IT and the. Use the BRK pick for another all-star on top of the 3 they have.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 06:26 PM
Cavs should keep TT and JR rather than throw them in deals. I think both are good players with value on the court, even if overpaid.

I also don't think moving Love for Cousins is the answer. They need to keep Love and add another all star caliber player on top of what they have. GS is a monster. You can't stunt your improvement by giving up an all star. Yes, Cousins could be an upgrade if they adjust to him (not the shooter Love is so they'd need to incorporate him into their offense differently) but they need more than that. They need to keep their stars and add on top of that. They need to get IT healthy so he can to a large extent replicate IT and the. Use the BRK pick for another all-star on top of the 3 they have.

Cavs need someone who can dominate the paint and that is something Cousins can exploit against the Warriors.

cmellofan15
09-06-2017, 07:14 PM

I think what you're misunderstanding is that just because lebron has the right to yell at people doesn't mean he does. He clearly stated that Lebron knows how to deal with others, so what makes you think he would yell at a guy like Boogie?...because he's yelled at a guy like Mario Chalmers?

hugepatsfan
09-06-2017, 07:54 PM
Cavs need someone who can dominate the paint and that is something Cousins can exploit against the Warriors.

Yeah he can do that but if it ultimately costs them the floor spacing Love provides and a (slight) downgrade from Kyrie to IT then it just won't be enough. GS is a better team by a wide margin. CLE needs to add a Cousins like talent without losing a talent like Love if they want to seriously contend with GS.

Balltime
09-06-2017, 07:55 PM
I think what you're misunderstanding is that just because lebron has the right to yell at people doesn't mean he does. He clearly stated that Lebron knows how to deal with others, so what makes you think he would yell at a guy like Boogie?...because he's yelled at a guy like Mario Chalmers?

Actually Lebron has many instances yelled @ his teammates. He has alienated Kyrie Irving, yes, look @ his reaction when he scolded him. I'm not all to sensitive about feeling on the court, **** does happen, but I just don't get that feel that Lebron teammates respect him back after one of his infamous tirades. Cousins doesn't seem to be a cat that will take any kind of outburst from Lebron. There games don't mesh too. I just see to many red flags for this to be a cohesive relationship on and off the court.

Balltime
09-06-2017, 07:56 PM
ok i did. now read mine i clearly addressed that. lol.

Actually you didn't. I gave you many reasons why Lebron and Cousins will not be a good mix. If you don't want to answer, that's fine.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah he can do that but if it ultimately costs them the floor spacing Love provides and a (slight) downgrade from Kyrie to IT then it just won't be enough. GS is a better team by a wide margin. CLE needs to add a Cousins like talent without losing a talent like Love if they want to seriously contend with GS.

Cousins and Love shot at the exact same 3P% last season and that's not even considering Love is getting some insanely wide open looks Cousins didn't receive. He's also 50% from 10-16ft which is one of the highest in the league. He's a damn fine spacer out there who probably doesn't get enough credit because he's known as a huge big man in the paint. And do we ignore the other roster improvements Cavs made? Rose is a significant improvement from Deron Williams and Jae Crowder is automatically a fourth option player in the Cavs.

WaDe03
09-06-2017, 08:46 PM

Mario Chalmers is the greatest PG in Heat history.

WaDe03
09-06-2017, 08:50 PM
Cousins and Love shot at the exact same 3P% last season and that's not even considering Love is getting some insanely wide open looks Cousins didn't receive. He's also 50% from 10-16ft which is one of the highest in the league. He's a damn fine spacer out there who probably doesn't get enough credit because he's known as a huge big man in the paint. And do we ignore the other roster improvements Cavs made? Rose is a significant improvement from Deron Williams and Jae Crowder is automatically a fourth option player in the Cavs.

I see both of your points. Cousins is the better player but that don't gain as much ground as they need if they swap Love for Cousins, unless of course they don't include the nets pick and send that elsewhere for another all star player to go with Cousins. I think Love is the perfect fit there though.

Shumpert Frye and the Nets pick should get it done for Cousins at the deadline if the Pelicans are struggling. Then the Cavs keep all their all stars and main rotation pieces and have serious depth especially considering Wade is probabaly coming too.

IT/Rose
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

One of Rose or Korver will only play spot minutes and Crowder will get majority of those minutes.

warfelg
09-06-2017, 08:52 PM
Mario Chalmers is the greatest PG in Heat history.

Wut? lol

LA4life24/8
09-06-2017, 09:10 PM
I see this as legit. Put good players around lebron and make it real hard for him to leave

warfelg
09-06-2017, 09:12 PM
I see this as legit. Put good players around lebron and make it real hard for him to leave

Except for the fact that any one of them could walk and screw them all over.

Going into the off season they need to lock up IT and Boogie fast then and convince them that LeBron only returns with them and if not then they have a good core three.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2017, 10:41 PM

Agreed

cmellofan15
09-06-2017, 10:50 PM
Actually Lebron has many instances yelled @ his teammates. He has alienated Kyrie Irving, yes, look @ his reaction when he scolded him. I'm not all to sensitive about feeling on the court, **** does happen, but I just don't get that feel that Lebron teammates respect him back after one of his infamous tirades. Cousins doesn't seem to be a cat that will take any kind of outburst from Lebron. There games don't mesh too. I just see to many red flags for this to be a cohesive relationship on and off the court.

the only one you can prove is the Chalmers incident. I would like to see more evidence if you're gonna make an outrageous claim like that. the kyrie situation was cleared up literally the next day and you're really reaching here.

IKnowHoops
09-06-2017, 10:54 PM

Going into the off season they need to lock up IT and Boogie fast then and convince them that LeBron only returns with them and if not then they have a good core three.

Except for the fact that Cleveland is only good if Bron is there anyway. You have to take a chance and push out all ur chips.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 10:58 PM
TT and J.R. Smith are untouchables. When was the last time LeBron had a player represented under Clutch sports agency traded?

j-bay
09-06-2017, 11:42 PM

Cousins might not sign quick if Wall calls. Thats his buddy. They have interest of playing together.

And before any of you say DC sucks, they might have the best starting lineup in East if he joins

Cousins
Morris
Porter
Beal
Wall

zn23
09-07-2017, 12:18 AM
I wouldn't want anything to do with Cousins... He's a black hole offensively and not a great team player.

j-bay
09-07-2017, 12:27 AM
I wouldn't want anything to do with Cousins... He's a black hole offensively and not a great team player.

Thats why i want him. There are 2 guys in basketball that get what makes Cousins tick. The first guy is Calipari, the other is Wall. John can handle Demarcus.

Ishkabibble
09-07-2017, 12:36 AM
wait. a 1st and Shumpert for DMC? Damn, how his stock has fallen if that bs true. has to be BS.

EDIT: Brooklyn's 1st round pick. OK, that makes more sense.

Ya know the Eastern Conference is likely to be a whole buncha suck this season. As bad as ATL, CHI and IND will be it's no certainty that BKN will be so much worse...or any worse. Ping pong balls, etc; what if that pick ends up at 8 or 9? It was reported that Ainge had the option of giving up BKN or that Lakers/Kings pick and chose to give up the BKN pick. I think he suspects there will be worse teams. I actually like that they picked up Crabbe, who's underrated and Russell is talented but needed a fresh start. Point is right now it's just a draft pick and (contract situation aside) if you end up trading Boogie Cousins for Shump and the eventual #8 pick that GM should be fired. And what's with Shumpert? When did he become such a valuable piece? He's a half notch above just-a-guy.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Ya know the Eastern Conference is likely to be a whole buncha suck this season. As bad as ATL, CHI and IND will be it's no certainty that BKN will be so much worse...or any worse. Ping pong balls, etc; what if that pick ends up at 8 or 9? It was reported that Ainge had the option of giving up BKN or that Lakers/Kings pick and chose to give up the BKN pick. I think he suspects there will be worse teams. I actually like that they picked up Crabbe, who's underrated and Russell is talented but needed a fresh start. Point is right now it's just a draft pick and (contract situation aside) if you end up trading Boogie Cousins for Shump and the eventual #8 pick that GM should be fired. And what's with Shumpert? When did he become such a valuable piece? He's a half notch above just-a-guy.

Shumpert asked for a trade right around same time as Irving did. Shumpert is on the trade block. Pelicans already called about Shumpert since Hill is out for the season. That's been before any random Cousins rumor. Not sure what Pelicans would offer for Shumpert. Doubt Cavs take on Asik. Maybe Ajinca and some other filler? Pelicans may just pass on Shumpert and sign free agent Shabazz.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 10:27 AM
TT and J.R. Smith are untouchables. When was the last time LeBron had a player represented under Clutch sports agency traded?

If that's the case. Then it have to be Love and Nets pick for Cousins. Even though i'm sure Pelicans would want to play hardball and included Asik in all Cousins trades as a wild guess. Love and Frye and Nets pick for Cousins and Asik works. But Asik is a big negative and 3 year deal.

Hopper15
09-07-2017, 10:53 AM

He's always been way overrated.

hugepatsfan
09-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Shumpert, Frye, Osman, BRK pick, other future 1sts for Cousins.

Sign Tony Allen to a minimum deal.

IT/Rose
Allen/Smith
Lebron/Crowder
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

I think that's what they need to try and beat GS (who'd probably still win in 6).

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 11:43 AM
Shumpert, Frye, Osman, BRK pick, other future 1sts for Cousins.

Sign Tony Allen to a minimum deal.

IT/Rose
Allen/Smith
Lebron/Crowder
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

I think that's what they need to try and beat GS (who'd probably still win in 6).

That's still a hard sell to AD even if they bottom out. Also giving up on Cousins so quickly them poor Pelican fans be pissed off. Yeah Nets pick. But that's a crapshoot and a year away yet. That pick could be anywhere from #1 to #10. Also weaker draft. Mainly top heavy. Better hope them ping pong balls get a lucky bounce for top 3.

I think Pelican be begging for Cavs to eat Asik as well and maybe get Thompson or Love back in return. In a big monster deal. Or maybe even bring in a third team. Also bringing in Cousins ya would think Love or Thompson would get traded.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
If that's the case. Then it have to be Love and Nets pick for Cousins. Even though i'm sure Pelicans would want to play hardball and included Asik in all Cousins trades as a wild guess. Love and Frye and Nets pick for Cousins and Asik works. But Asik is a big negative and 3 year deal.

No it wouldn't have to be. Shumpert Frye any filler if needed and the Nets pick would get it done.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 12:43 PM
I don't value that Nets pick much. Heck Ainge parted with that one over the Lakers pick. Cause he knows Lakers would be near very bottom. I doubt Nets will be. Yeah your trade probably works on espn trade machine. But still both teams have to agree on it. I'm just spit ball and taking a wild guess Pelicans if parting with Cousins will be a package deal with dead weight Asik 3 year deal.

Also cant picture Cavs having all them big men. Not enough minutes to go around at PF/C. Also I think as LeBron gets older he should be playing more small ball PF. Give Crowder some burn at SF. Also Cavs need to trade Shumpert anyway. Not enough minutes for him here on out. Also seems Wade picking other teams as well probably figure not enough minutes for him at SG with the Cavs if a buyout happens.

Still think your trade is a bit lite for Pelicans to sell that trade off to AD to liking it. Wasting another season of him tanking and Nets crapshoot pick. Shumpert is a interests to Pelicans. But not a swap for Cousins. I'd say Love and Nets pick for Cousin would get it done in a heartbeat though. Yeah maybe other salary fillers tossed in since Love makes more then Cousins. Also Cavs near luxury tax.

Hard to say what the Pelicans front office would do. All speculation this part of the dead offseason by us posters.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 12:47 PM
I don't value that Nets pick much. Heck Ainge parted with that one over the Lakers pick. Cause he knows Lakers would be near very bottom. I doubt Nets will be. Yeah your trade probably works on espn trade machine. But still both teams have to agree on it. I'm just spit ball and taking a wild guess Pelicans if parting with Cousins will be a package deal with dead weight Asik 3 year deal.

Also cant picture Cavs having all them big men. Not enough minutes to go around at PF/C. Also I think as LeBron gets older he should be playing more small ball PF. Give Crowder some burn at SF. Also Cavs need to trade Shumpert anyway. Not enough minutes for him here on out. Also seems Wade picking other teams as well probably figure not enough minutes for him at SG with the Cavs if a buyout happens.

Still think your trade is a bit lite for Pelicans to sell that trade off to AD to liking it. Wasting another season of him tanking and Nets crapshoot pick. Shumpert is a interests to Pelicans. But not a swap for Cousins. I'd say Love and Nets pick for Cousin would get it done in a heartbeat though. Yeah maybe other salary fillers tossed in since Love makes more then Cousins. Also Cavs near luxury tax.

Hard to say what the Pelicans front office would do. All speculation this part of the dead offseason by us posters.

Celtics parted with the Nets pick over the Lakers pick because the Cavs demanded it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 01:03 PM
Still looking back at the old Cousins trade from Kings. Kings got recently drafted high lottery guy in Hield and a first and second round pick and Galloway and Evans for Cousins and Cassipi. Not sure where that Pelicans pick landed since Kings did that draft trade moving down for more picks. I think it was #10 for #15 and #20? Heck the Nets pick could be darn near #10. Could be #1, could be anything.

Nets weren't to shabby and were in a bunch of close games last year. Other teams in the east got really weak. I think Nets take them games from like Bulls and Pacers and Magic. Also Philly is up in the air unless Embiid is healthy most of the season. Pistons got Bradley but Drummond and Jackson are regressing. Suns and Lakers are tanking yet. Mavs probably out as well. Kings probably stink another season or two yet as well.

So breaking down the value of Galloway and Evans could be more less your Shumpert and Frye. But who is gonna be high lottery guy like Hield value wise? I don't see Cavs parting with a high drafted lottery guy like Hield besides the Nets pick and a second round since Cavs don't have a high lottery guy on their roster. Maybe Crowder would fit the bill. Ya maybe need a third team where Cavs end up with Cousins and Bledsoe.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Cavs said today they're going to see what's available for the Nets pick. Can probably get more value at the deadline.

warfelg
09-07-2017, 04:09 PM

He parted with it because they only got the Lakers pick if it's 2-5 then it's the Sacramento pick that's top 1 protected.

Colangelo kinda pulled a good one on Ainge there because it makes that Lakers/Sac pick tough to trade because it's not super appealing to other teams to potentially end up with the Sixers 2019 pick.

FlashBolt
09-07-2017, 04:16 PM
Cavs said today they're going to see what's available for the Nets pick. Can probably get more value at the deadline.

That depends on how bad the Nets are doing by that time. If they are doing real poor, that pick's value goes up exponentially. If Nets are hanging in there, teams might see that pick as one that won't be a top 5. I've always said to trade Love but he's on such a good contract that they probably see too much value in him still.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 05:11 PM
That depends on how bad the Nets are doing by that time. If they are doing real poor, that pick's value goes up exponentially. If Nets are hanging in there, teams might see that pick as one that won't be a top 5. I've always said to trade Love but he's on such a good contract that they probably see too much value in him still.

I think they need to do whatever they can to keep Love. They have to stack as much talent on that team as possible.

I think the Nets are going to be terrible and they lost the only thing resembling anything of an all star play in Brook so I think they may be even worse.

If they're bottom 3 and the Pelicans aren't in good position for the playoffs I think that pick Shumpert and Frye gets you Cousins. If the Heat are on the outside looking in that pick and filler may get you Whiteside. There could be a lot of options out there because I think there will be some surprising teams that just fall flat and suck this year and I think that Nets pick will be high.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 05:18 PM
If the Cavs can get Cousins or Whiteside for the Nets pick and filler and sign Wade after his buyout do they beat the Warriors with the following team?

IT/Rose
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

Either Rose or Korver playing spot minutes with Crowder getting majority of those minutes.

Vee-Rex
09-07-2017, 06:17 PM
If the Cavs can get Cousins or Whiteside for the Nets pick and filler and sign Wade after his buyout do they beat the Warriors with the following team?

IT/Rose
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

Either Rose or Korver playing spot minutes with Crowder getting majority of those minutes.

It could work out just as you mentioned if that Brooklyn pick's value goes up and the Pelicans are looking bad/having issues. They already want Shumpert pretty badly - they'd cough up Cousins for Shump + Frye + Brk pick.

That's a helluva team. I think they got a shot at beating the Warriors and could probably push it to 7. The combinations they could do with that team would be nasty.

The only problem is I don't think the Cavs trade for Cousins unless he agrees to an extension. If he does, and he and LeBron get along, I think our chances of signing LeBron increases big time. Hard to leave a team that would own the East and have a guaranteed finals appearance for the next 3 years (and maybe winning 1 more ship too).

We could re-sign LeBron and Cousins for 2018-19 and beyond and still be at around the same amount (give or take some min contracts) of money we're at right now (140 million). But the tricky part is re-signing Thomas. We'd be at nearly 170'ish million and would most likely have to decide between letting him go or trading Love, since I doubt Gilbert would want to spend that kind of luxury tax. Unless we move JR and/or TT (both whom are LeBron's best buddies on the Cavs right now).

The part I'm most happy about right now is that we have a **** ton more flexibility than we did before the Kyrie trade.

Sssmush
09-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Cousins to Cleveland is basically a done deal. Probably Kevin Love + Brooklyn pick.

It's too perfect and its within their grasp. I did a thread on this like back in March. Lebron + Cousins could be an ultimate tandem and legit puts them in the GSW conversation.

And now with that pick and KLove is tradeable its in their grasp

FlashBolt
09-07-2017, 06:37 PM
It could work out just as you mentioned if that Brooklyn pick's value goes up and the Pelicans are looking bad/having issues. They already want Shumpert pretty badly - they'd cough up Cousins for Shump + Frye + Brk pick.

That's a helluva team. I think they got a shot at beating the Warriors and could probably push it to 7. The combinations they could do with that team would be nasty.

The only problem is I don't think the Cavs trade for Cousins unless he agrees to an extension. If he does, and he and LeBron get along, I think our chances of signing LeBron increases big time. Hard to leave a team that would own the East and have a guaranteed finals appearance for the next 3 years (and maybe winning 1 more ship too).

We could re-sign LeBron and Cousins for 2018-19 and beyond and still be at around the same amount (give or take some min contracts) of money we're at right now (140 million). But the tricky part is re-signing Thomas. We'd be at nearly 170'ish million and would most likely have to decide between letting him go or trading Love, since I doubt Gilbert would want to spend that kind of luxury tax. Unless we move JR and/or TT (both whom are LeBron's best buddies on the Cavs right now).

The part I'm most happy about right now is that we have a **** ton more flexibility than we did before the Kyrie trade.

So much flexibility that Love is now ignored in trade talks. This worked wonders for the Cavs, tbh. You got good trade pieces in Crowder+1st 2018 and or you can just keep them and make the NBA Finals again. Win-win on both terms.

Sssmush
09-07-2017, 06:39 PM
Cousins learning from Lebron and turning the corner and getting into his prime. Just as Lebron masters the 3-point game. Could make Cleveland title favorites tbh

hugepatsfan
09-07-2017, 07:27 PM
Love + BRK pick would clinch CLE never getting past a healthy Golden State IMO. The BRK pick is all they have to seriously improve and they can't afford to blow it on an upgrade from Love to Cousins. They need that pick to land them a major player in addition to the ones they already have.

People need to realize how much better GS is. Replacing the combined 30 minutes/game that Jefferson and Shumpert played vs. GS with Crowder isn't going to make any material difference in how big the gap is. Replacing the 12 minutes/game that D-Will played vs. GS with Derrick Rose won't make a difference. Especially not when you consider that they're offsetting some of those improvements by replacing the 40 minutes/game that Kyrie played with a slight downgrade in IT if he's healthy (and a bigger downgrade if he doesn't get all the way back to last year's form).

Golden State was already one of the greatest teams we've ever seen and then added Durant, an all-time top 20 player already probably. In his prime no less. CLE upgrading a couple of their role players isn't going to come close to matching that, especially considering that GS has similarly upgraded their role players too, and upgrading Kevin Love (top 25ish player) to Cousins (top 15ish) isn't going to be enough either. It'll help some for sure but it's just not enough. CLE doesn't have many tradable pieces for a star so they can't afford to blow the one chip they do have on an upgrade from one all star to a better one unless it's an MVP type guy. They need to keep the all star they already have and use the BRK pick for another one if they want to **** with Golden State.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 08:53 PM

That's why I think you HAVE to trade that pick. Show LeBron you're willing to go all in. Sign his best friend post buyout and win it all and try and bring the same team back.

If it comes down to IT and one of JR or TT I'm sure LeBron would understand then moving one of those 2 guys, like they say "it's a business".

I think they win it all. They won't be able to stop Cousins, LeBron is still the best player in the world by a decent margin, IT is a bucket, you still have Love, Wade and LeBron are ridiculous in the pick n roll/pop with a big that is versatile and can score both ways, Crowder brings a lot of what they needed last year and takes a lot of defensive pressure off LeBron, and the bench is very well balanced. Wade and Love outlet passes to LeBron will be beautiful.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 08:54 PM
Cousins to Cleveland is basically a done deal. Probably Kevin Love + Brooklyn pick.

It's too perfect and its within their grasp. I did a thread on this like back in March. Lebron + Cousins could be an ultimate tandem and legit puts them in the GSW conversation.

And now with that pick and KLove is tradeable its in their grasp

Love wouldn't need to be and shouldn't be included imo.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 08:59 PM
Love + BRK pick would clinch CLE never getting past a healthy Golden State IMO. The BRK pick is all they have to seriously improve and they can't afford to blow it on an upgrade from Love to Cousins. They need that pick to land them a major player in addition to the ones they already have.

People need to realize how much better GS is. Replacing the combined 30 minutes/game that Jefferson and Shumpert played vs. GS with Crowder isn't going to make any material difference in how big the gap is. Replacing the 12 minutes/game that D-Will played vs. GS with Derrick Rose won't make a difference. Especially not when you consider that they're offsetting some of those improvements by replacing the 40 minutes/game that Kyrie played with a slight downgrade in IT if he's healthy (and a bigger downgrade if he doesn't get all the way back to last year's form).

Golden State was already one of the greatest teams we've ever seen and then added Durant, an all-time top 20 player already probably. In his prime no less. CLE upgrading a couple of their role players isn't going to come close to matching that, especially considering that GS has similarly upgraded their role players too, and upgrading Kevin Love (top 25ish player) to Cousins (top 15ish) isn't going to be enough either. It'll help some for sure but it's just not enough. CLE doesn't have many tradable pieces for a star so they can't afford to blow the one chip they do have on an upgrade from one all star to a better one unless it's an MVP type guy. They need to keep the all star they already have and use the BRK pick for another one if they want to **** with Golden State.

I agree you can't include Love, you have to keep him and add that 4th all star.

I understand your take on it being far apart at the top as the series ended in 5 but, if the ball bounces a different way game 3 such as KD missing that 3 or Korver making his, that Cavs win. Then we have game 6 in Cleveland and it could've potentially went 7.

They give up that pick and filler for Cousins and sign Wade and I think that gap is definitely closed.

I'm surprised they haven't went after Tony Allen for his defense.

LA4life24/8
09-07-2017, 09:12 PM
I wouldn't trade love AND that pick for boogie brk pick+fillee for boogie is great though.

The cavs need every bit of firepower they can muster to try and beat the warriors. Even w boogie idt they beat em but it'd be more interesting w him on that cavs team

Sssmush
09-07-2017, 09:57 PM

Kevin Love isnt really that good in the grand scheme of things. Adding Cousins, specifically to Cleveland, to that crew, to play alongside Lebron..... THAT move is like adding a prime Shaq essentially. That's what I think. You drop KLove and dont think twice.

JR I think is a player you keep. He has a TON of fight in him and is an amazing shooter when in the zone. Kept Cleveland alive so many times. Just absolute money and keeps fighting. LoL KLove is still out there padding stats much of the time and doesnt really generate wins.

I would say that adding a (just hitting) prime Cousins to a Lebron who in the finals really seemed to be mastering the 3-point game..... THAT is huge. Thats like a kobe-shaq situation and is ansolutely a threat to GSW. Isaiah Thomas /PG is still a problem, but KLove is just an above avg role player. Even if you can get cousins without him, should still trade him for value because if salary, get backup PG and young PF ir something. Send KLove to Dallas for Dennis Smith Jr that is the ninja move

Vinylman
09-08-2017, 07:31 AM
smushie again showing he doesn't understand player value ... there is zero chance love/brook pick gets traded straight up for boogie if everyone is healthy

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 10:42 AM
I think it comes down to a few variation or compromises for both sides. I'm sure Pelicans say if they don't get Love then its Nets pick and ya eat Asik as well and we get Thompson and Shumpert and fillers. If its no Love or Thompson then its got to be more sweeteners added besides Nets pick. Shumpert and Frye are nothing at this point. Reason why Asik is forced into the deal since he's negative value contract wise. Cavs don't have much else to offer other then future own draft picks.

Haven't checked if they own all their picks or don't have any for how many years yet. I think Cavs have to part with a big man. Since there would be a log jam at PF/C and not many minutes to go around unless injuries occur. Also Thompson off the bench in a limited role be kinda a luxury and costly. LeBron getting most the minutes at SF then makes Crowder a luxury besides old man Korver and Shumpert and Smith. Then ya got injured IT and Rose. Probably why Wade opened up and suggested Clippers and Lakers and I think he said Rockets. He said 3 or 4 teams.

If Pelicans don't dump Asik in the deal and only get a Shumpert and Frye and the Nets pick that's less value coming back then what they gave up to trade for Cousins to begin with. Hield was a high lottery guy and they gave up another lottery pick at #10 and second round pick and salary fillers for Cousins and Cassipi.

Pick Swaps:
2018 — Owed first-rounder from Brooklyn Nets (Kevin Garnett, Kyrie Irving).
2018 — Owe second-rounder to Philadelphia 76ers (Keith Bogans), may go to Charlotte Hornets (Andrei Kirilenko, Juan Pablo Vaulet).
2019 — Owe first-rounder (top-10 protected through 2020, otherwise converts to 2021 and 2022 second-rounders) to Atlanta Hawks (Kyle Korver)
2019 — Owed second-rounder from Minnesota Timberwolves (Tyus Jones).
2019 — Owed second-rounder from Los Angeles Lakers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas).
2019 — Owe higher of Minnesota Timberwolves and Los Angeles Lakers second-rounders to Portland Trail Blazers (Brendan Haywood), both possibly to Trail Blazers, if owed first-rounder is not conveyed. (Anderson Varejao).
2019 — Owe second-rounder to New York Knicks (Dion Waiters), possibly to Orlando Magic (Kyle O’Quinn).
2020 — Owed second-rounder (top-55 protected) from Portland Trail Blazers (Mo Harkless, Joe Harris).
2020 — Owe second-rounder to Los Angeles Clippers (Brendan Haywood, Anderson Varejao, Channing Frye, C.J. Wilcox).

Cavs owe their 2019 pick to Hawks for Korver. Cavs have two picks this coming draft. But Nets pick is easily out going. So they have to keep their own or trade it after the draft for a later future pick. Not sure what else Cavs could give up if their not parting with Love or Thompson. Nets pick is a crapshoot. Also the pick is a year away yet. Which means giving up on another season of AD and Holiday. I think they'd want Love and the pick. Love should of been traded before Irving in my opinion.

If I was LeBron I would of traded Love to Suns for Bledsoe and a filler.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cleveland-cavaliers-team-salary/

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 10:47 AM
I think it comes down to a few variation or compromises for both sides. I'm sure Pelicans say if they don't get Love then its Nets pick and ya eat Asik as well and we get Thompson and Shumpert and fillers. If its no Love or Thompson then its got to be more sweeteners added besides Nets pick. Shumpert and Frye are nothing at this point. Reason why Asik is forced into the deal since he's negative value contract wise. Cavs don't have much else to offer other then future own draft picks.

Haven't checked if they own all their picks or don't have any for how many years yet. I think Cavs have to part with a big man. Since there would be a log jam at PF/C and not many minutes to go around unless injuries occur. Also Thompson off the bench in a limited role be kinda a luxury and costly. LeBron getting most the minutes at SF then makes Crowder a luxury besides old man Korver and Shumpert and Smith. Then ya got injured IT and Rose. Probably why Wade opened up and suggested Clippers and Lakers and I think he said Rockets. He said 3 or 4 teams.

If Pelicans don't dump Asik in the deal and only get a Shumpert and Frye and the Nets pick that's less value coming back then what they gave up to trade for Cousins to begin with. Hield was a high lottery guy and they gave up another lottery pick at #10 and second round pick and salary fillers for Cousins and Cassipi.

Cavs owe their 2019 pick to Hawks for Korver. Cavs have two picks this coming draft. But Nets pick is easily out going. So they have to keep their own or trade it after the draft for a later future pick. Not sure what else Cavs could give up if their not parting with Love or Thompson. Nets pick is a crapshoot. Also the pick is a year away yet. Which means giving up on another season of AD and Holiday. I think they'd want Love and the pick. Love should of been traded before Irving in my opinion.

If I was LeBron I would of traded Love to Suns for Bledsoe and a filler.

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/cleveland-cavaliers-team-salary/

Why would they make the Cavs take Asik if they're getting a top pick in exchange for a player that's leaving in the offseason?

You all are putting way too much thought into this imo. You get the pick, a player in Shumpert that you went, and expirings for a guy that's leaving and you're good to go.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 11:09 AM
To much thought? Heck the Cousin trade seems like yesterday to me. Pelicans gave up a top 10 pick and lottery guy in Hield and a second round pick and salary fillers in Galloway and Evans for Cousins and Cassipi.

Yeah we can probably agree on Evans and Galloway could be equal to Shumpert and expiring Frye. But Evans and Galloway were expiring. I think Pelicans want flexibility cap wise if their dumping Cousins for nothing. Nets pick isn't a gimme top 3. Maybe Thompson, Nets pick, Shumpert, Cavs second round pick and a future first gets it done. Or Crowder. Yes we all read the reports of Pelicans interested in Shumpert. But that was for a random junk for junk trade. Not a Nets pick for Cousins and Shumpert a salary filler.

Who is the other high asset to get the deal done? Frye and Shumpert have no value. They don't move the needle. Nets pick is up in the air. Also giving up on Cousin before season starts could piss off AD and he could ask for a trade then. I think Pelicans could ask for the best of both worlds like Gilbert wanted. SO that would be Love and Nets pick. If no Love. Then Thompson,Shumpert and Nets pick and eat Asik with Cousins.

Ya Cavs gave up Wiggins and Bennett and what not for Love. But he's been a loser for so long. He was moody first year with LeBron. I thought for sure he was gonna ask for a trade.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 11:12 AM
The Nets pick has more value than Buddy the other 1st and the 2nd round pick combined.

Vee-Rex
09-08-2017, 11:48 AM

I agree with some of your take. I wouldn't trade Love + Brk pick for Cousins. The part about Kevin Love's skill though - he's nowhere near a top 25'ish player vs. GS. If Cousins plays like Cousins vs. Golden State that would be a pretty massive upgrade since Kevin Love never/rarely plays like Kevin Love vs. them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 12:10 PM
I'm just being the mediator but more less be in the poor Pelicans shoes. Giving up Cousins for a unknown Nets pick and scraps. Less back value wise in return then what Pelicans gave up to the Kings. Also AD looking over your shoulder to improve the team. Not sink the ship. Just saying. Giving Cousins away and no decent win now piece to keep AD happy could very well mean he'd ask for a trade eventually.

That be like Cavs calling Bucks up and offering junk salary fillers and Nets pick for Giannis. I'd laugh in your face. Just try to be reasonable. Yeah I'm sure Cavs fans want a super team of a big4 and get Cousins for free. But be logical. Bust out the Super Tramp song if you have to.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 12:16 PM
It's nothing like offering the pick for Giannis lmao!

I'm not sure what you're having a hard time understanding, the Nets pick is going to be top 5 without a doubt. I'll be shocked if it isn't top 3 honestly. Let AD look over his shoulder he already has been extended and Bagley/Porter/Doncic next to him is a good start. They can clear cap too.

They want Shumpert so he's not just filler and the Nets pick alone is better than the entire package the Kings got for Cousins.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 12:47 PM
This draft is what top heavy of top 3 to 5 guys if they all come out. So if Nets pick isn't top 5 its a rip off giving away Cousins. Also Pelicans had interest in Shumpert before the Irving trade. Yes AD has been extended. Still can get toxic when a guy wants out under contract or not. Heck Melo was on the decline before he got that extension and no trade clause. I knew that was a mistake right away. Now Melo only wants one team and Knicks don't want him.

Yes Giannis is the GOAT. Way better then Cousins. But still AD and Cousins gives Pelicans a big 2 for sure. High draft pick with a unknown team of Nets now that did get Russell, Carroll, Crabbe and had a decent pick of Jarrett Allen. Also a healthy Lin. When Lin was healthy they were winning often last year early. They fizzed out when he got injured. Seems like some of you just writing the Nets off before the season begins.

Also Hield is better then Shumpert. Also that #10 pick which got flipped in a deeper draft for #15 and #20. So Kings got a haul. This is no haul for the Pelicans unless Nets bottom out or the lottery has a lucky bounce and its top 2. Seems like most here on PSD want the CAVS to get all freebies like the Lakers got in the past all studs getting traded to them for scraps. Heck even if the Nets pick is top 3. No guarantee the kid pans out. Nothing is a guarantee.

If a top pick was a guarantee I'm sure Blazers would of won a championship with Oden. Or Perkins over Jordan? Heck my Bucks picked Bogut over CP3 and many others. Hawks Picked Williams and he sucked too. There's no gimme's. Tons of teams been tanking for years and they got no where yet.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 12:54 PM
The Nets pick is literally better than the entire package the Kings got. You're still not understanding. The pick will for sure be bottom 5.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 01:09 PM
The Nets pick is literally better than the entire package the Kings got. You're still not understanding. The pick will for sure be bottom 5.

You a palm reader? So your saying Hawks, Suns, Lakers, Mavs, Pistons, Bulls, Pacers .... will all be behind Nets with Nets at the top? Love sucks and id value him less then Cousins. Thompson even lessor. So Pelicans need best of both worlds like Gilbert wanted. Gilbert worried LeBron bolts. Who cares they got a ring and he bolted before. Pelicans had a few big names bolt.

If AD is gone that franchise might as well sell and move to Seattle then. This will piss off AD for sure. That's just wasting another year of his career in the early goings. Also love you saying Nets pick top 3 for sure. Bump this thread next season mid season and see where them picks land and how well them kids are playing. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.

That be like my Bucks saying sure we'll waste a season of Giannis and piss him off but trade Middleton and Parker for that nets pick and junk fillers. You don't piss off your own stars and sell low on your own guys. Cause I thought it was funny just recent Knicks wanted Parker while we eat dead weight of Anderson. That was a chuckle.

Even if this deal happens I'm sure Pelicans wanna see the standings before the trade midseason to see Nets bottom of the list and Cousin maybe a rental then. But if I was Pelicans owner id give Cousins the super max of whatever like $200M or whatever it is. Also even if Nets are #1 before lottery. They can still fall to #4. I know cause that injury plagued season of the Bucks we were #1.

We were hoping to stay at top 2. Other wise we be sitting on injured Embiid. If healthy ya he be Hakeem. But still. Also no guarantee them kids come out or they could get injured and drop in the draft. Things happen. Now if Cousins flat out said right now he's walking at seasons end. Then yeah I guess take the Nets pick and hope for the best.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 01:20 PM
You a palm reader? So your saying Hawks, Suns, Lakers, Mavs, Pistons, Bulls, Pacers .... will all be behind Nets with Nets at the top? Love sucks and id value him less then Cousins. Thompson even lessor. So Pelicans need best of both worlds like Gilbert wanted. Gilbert worried LeBron bolts. Who cares they got a ring and he bolted before. Pelicans had a few big names bolt.

If AD is gone that franchise might as well sell and move to Seattle then. This will piss off AD for sure. That's just wasting another year of his career in the early goings. Also love you saying Nets pick top 3 for sure. Bump this thread next season mid season and see where them picks land and how well them kids are playing. I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.

That be like my Bucks saying sure we'll waste a season of Giannis and piss him off but trade Middleton and Parker for that nets pick and junk fillers. You don't piss off your own stars and sell low on your own guys. Cause I thought it was funny just recent Knicks wanted Parker while we eat dead weight of Anderson. That was a chuckle.

Even if this deal happens I'm sure Pelicans wanna see the standings before the trade midseason to see Nets bottom of the list and Cousin maybe a rental then. But if I was Pelicans owner id give Cousins the super max of whatever like $200M or whatever it is. Also even if Nets are #1 before lottery. They can still fall to #4. I know cause that injury plagued season of the Bucks we were #1.

We were hoping to stay at top 2. Other wise we be sitting on injured Embiid. If healthy ya he be Hakeem. But still. Also no guarantee them kids come out or they could get injured and drop in the draft. Things happen. Now if Cousins flat out said right now he's walking at seasons end. Then yeah I guess take the Nets pick and hope for the best.

The trade wouldn't happen until the deadline.

Love doesn't suck lmao!

The bottom 3 teams will be the Bulls Nets and Hawks in no order. The Pistons will be in the playoffs so idk why you're mentioning them. The Suns Lakers and Pacers will be better.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 01:53 PM
The trade wouldn't happen until the deadline.

Love doesn't suck lmao!

The bottom 3 teams will be the Bulls Nets and Hawks in no order. The Pistons will be in the playoffs so idk why you're mentioning them. The Suns Lakers and Pacers will be better.

Pacers better? How? They lost PG13. Oladipo is no needle mover. Sabonis maybe decent but still young. Pistons? Yeah they dumped misfit Morris for Bradley. But lost KCP. Also Jackson and Drummond are on the decline. Mavs suck as well. They should just of had Dirk retire and bottom out for 3 years.

Lakers better with a KCP which was use to losing with Pistons yet headed west. Ball has to play yet. Ingram is so so. Randle final year before RFA. Yeah he bulked up but nothing special yet. So he better show something. Yeah ya dumped Mozgov but the cost of Russell. Personally i'll laugh if Westbrook stays with Thunder. Then PG13 decides to stay with Westbrook as a big 2.

Lakers have no hopes other then a LeBron and that's it. LeBron may stay after all when said and done. Also Magic are nothing special. 76ers are hyped for playoffs in the weak east this season. But will Embiid stay healthy for more then 60 games with back to back games and what not? Redick wont carry that team now. He doesn't have CP3 and Blake and Jordan to cover him up.

I know Redick sucked horribly with the Bucks. Suns might of improve. But Knight injured. Chandler and Dudley were shut down to tank in youth movement. They have some nice young pieces so yeah they probably better then Nets. But if Bledsoe and a few others dumped for picks they could slip.

Kings probably suck another season or so yet in the tough west. Heck with the loss of Hayward the Jazz could slip a tad. All it take is Gobert missing some games and they'd nose dive as well. Knicks are lottery. Melo dump eventually. KP cant carry that team.

Bulls and Hawks we can agree on. Still.......

#1.Hawks
#2. Bulls
#3. Knicks
#4. Magic
#5. Lakers
#6. Kings
#7. Pacers
#8. Nets
#9. Suns
#10. Mavs
#11. Pistons

If Embiid gets injured again. You know damn well they be ready to dust off the decision tank yet again.

Then a top heavy 4 draft maybe 5 kids besides maybe some random elite unknown wild card from over sea's. Who is your top 10 or 11 lottery teams? In exact order for predictions. Nets could easily be anywhere from 6 to 10. Injured Dirk could drop Mavs in top 3 or 4 easily.

Lots of variables for the season to pan out for Nets to be top 3 as a gimme.

Heediot
09-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Lebron has to be willing to change his style for the big men he plays with for them to upgrade the front court. In theory Cousins may be worth the BK pick and Salary filler, but if he becomes as effective as Bosh and Love then the BK pick is more valuable.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Nets will finish bottom 5 I guarantee it.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Lebron has to be willing to change his style for the big men he plays with for them to upgrade the front court. In theory Cousins may be worth the BK pick and Salary filler, but if he becomes as effective as Bosh and Love then the BK pick is more valuable.

If he's as effective as Bosh they win the championship.

Heediot
09-08-2017, 02:00 PM

$$$ That BK pick could be argued to be more valuable to Cleveland vs. most others.

Heediot
09-08-2017, 02:03 PM
If he's as effective as Bosh they win the championship.

The thing is Bosh helped on D. Cousins and Love aren't defenders. Will LeBron defer his style on O enough to Cousins to offset his defense? Bron likes to play with these stretch bigs. I'm not so sure that's worth the Bk pick. Is Bron's sacrifice on O and Cousin's defense enough to make the Cavs a better team without James playing his most effective game?

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 02:11 PM
The thing is Bosh helped on D. Cousins and Love aren't defenders. Will LeBron defer his style on O enough to Cousins to offset his defense? Bron likes to play with these stretch bigs. I'm not so sure that's worth the Bk pick. Is Bron's sacrifice on O and Cousin's defense enough to make the Cavs a better team without James playing his most effective game?

I still think LeBron can play the way he wants with Cousins but there should be a focal point on having Cousins dominate in the paint against the Warriors. LeBron will still get his 30 and probably 15 APG.

j-bay
09-08-2017, 02:36 PM
If the Cavs pan on trading Cousins for the short term then go for it. If this is long term thought Cavs need to ask themselves 2 questions before trading away that Nets pick
1.Does Lebron leave
2.Does Cousins bolt for Washington to reunite with Wall

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 02:45 PM
If the Cavs pan on trading Cousins for the short term then go for it. If this is long term thought Cavs need to ask themselves 2 questions before trading away that Nets pick
1.Does Lebron leave
2.Does Cousins bolt for Washington to reunite with Wall

Washington has to clear 25M in cap space for that to even be an option.

j-bay
09-08-2017, 03:20 PM
Washington has to clear 25M in cap space for that to even be an option.

The Wizards can do that. You trade Mahinmi to a rebuilding team that has cap space and you offer a first. For a team in a rebuilding situation someone would take that. And Mahinmi isn't a terrible player. Just very injury prone. That gets rid of 16 mil. So next you trade Gortat to a playoff team or a young team that is close to playoffs but needs that vet player to help them get there. There is 12 million off the cap. Here is part 2 why i think it will happen. Wall has made it clear he wants another star in DC. He tried to get Paul George here. Before he signed that contract he wanted to hear what the Wizards have planned for the future. I imagine they gave him a list of FAs and he picked Cousins. Why? Because that is the only question mark right now in the Wizards starting lineup is center. Gortat isn't a young guy. That connection with Wall and Cousins is strong. Don't believe me?

DeMarcus Cousins and John Wall played together at Kentucky, and apparently one of them thought there would be a reunion in the NBA.

Prior to the NBA trade deadline, Cousins reportedly told Wall he would head to the nation’s capital.

“(DeMarcus Cousins) said he would come to D.C., but he didn’t know what was going to happen,” Wall told The Undefeated. “I didn’t know he was going to be traded like that. We thought it was going to be later on or he was just going to stay (in Sacramento). It shocked me just like it shocked him.”

As fans know, Cousins surprisingly was dealt to the New Orleans Pelicans in a rather lopsided deal. The trade even shocked Cousins, who spoke with Wall on the phone after learning of the news.

“It was so crazy because he walked past me when I was talking to the media (after the NBA All-Star Game) and he said something about the trade,” Wall told ESPN. “I was like, ‘Huh.’ It didn’t register what he said. So I called him right when I got to my phone. He said, ‘Yeah, I’m at the airport. I don’t know where to go. Do I go back to ‘Sac’ or do I stay here?’ He was just hurt. I feel that with all the tough times he had been through (in Sacramento), he never gave up on the city.”

Cousins is under contract with the Pelicans through the 2017-18 season. Who knows, maybe Wall and Cousins will reunite in the near future.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2017/03/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-told-john-wall-he-was-coming-to-wizards/amp/

It appears Wall has Cousins ear

smith&wesson
09-08-2017, 03:26 PM
The cavs have a one year window.. they might as well go all in

smith&wesson
09-08-2017, 03:26 PM
Would I.T and Cousins work this time around tho ?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Can IT last a whole season? That's another question since he opted for no surgery. He should of had it done right after playoffs. They said on twitter if he took the surgery he be back 3 to 4 months. But then needs time to be back in shape.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 04:31 PM
He doesn't need to last a whole season because he'll be back halfway through.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 04:31 PM
The Wizards can do that. You trade Mahinmi to a rebuilding team that has cap space and you offer a first. For a team in a rebuilding situation someone would take that. And Mahinmi isn't a terrible player. Just very injury prone. That gets rid of 16 mil. So next you trade Gortat to a playoff team or a young team that is close to playoffs but needs that vet player to help them get there. There is 12 million off the cap. Here is part 2 why i think it will happen. Wall has made it clear he wants another star in DC. He tried to get Paul George here. Before he signed that contract he wanted to hear what the Wizards have planned for the future. I imagine they gave him a list of FAs and he picked Cousins. Why? Because that is the only question mark right now in the Wizards starting lineup is center. Gortat isn't a young guy. That connection with Wall and Cousins is strong. Don't believe me?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nesn.com/2017/03/demarcus-cousins-reportedly-told-john-wall-he-was-coming-to-wizards/amp/

It appears Wall has Cousins ear

I doubt anyone wants Mahimi for a bad 1st rounder and I can't think of any team that could use Gortat.

j-bay
09-08-2017, 04:50 PM
I doubt anyone wants Mahimi for a bad 1st rounder and I can't think of any team that could use Gortat.

I mean your looking at like 20th-25th pick. Thats not bad. Someone i think would take that. And Gortat is still a good player. You just need to draft someone to groom.

Sssmush
09-08-2017, 09:04 PM
I mean trading Love for Cousins makes sense, because it is a straight across salary swap. Or if you'd rather trade Tristan Thompson then that's fine too either way.

The pick is value for like 2 years from now, so doesn't matter to Lebron's window. So you throw that in as a premium for the incredible value you'd be getting in Cousins, who could have an absurd awakening season playing with Lebron and really find himself. You get down into the middle of the playoffs and suddenly this guy is plugged in and playing at superstar level.

Kevin Love is the guy that Lebron kind of has to keep pushing, we're always looking for the motivation, we're always looking for the production. Like take your foot off the gas it comes to a complete stop. Lebron sits out some games and it's just meh. I mean we give him max credit in the Finals like oooooh he's grabbing a few rebounds and playing scrappy out there and oh my he hit a couple of threes and oh wow the football court length pass on twitter wheeee but c'mon. It's just ok and trust me Kevin Love is not the glue player that is holding that team together or amplifying the synergy of the Cavs. Kevin Love never even sniffed the playoffs at Minnesota.

The Cavs are 100% Lebron's team, and adding Cousins to that mix would be awesome. That's what I think. If Lebron says differently than I will defer to what he says.

But yeah clearly if N.O. will take the pick for Cousins then bam but they will never do that. And other teams can make offers too. MAKE THAT DEAL. KLove/Thompson + Brklyn pick for Cousins.

Honestly too you just gotta dump I.T. also. Even if he comes back and is ready it is a liability, a distraction, not the right vibe. You just can't be sure of his durability and the defense is very very questionable. I think you trade I.T. and give Shumpert a larger role, and you bring in another solid PG of some sort that can just play within the scheme, handle the ball no turnovers, hit the spot up shots, make the passes. You really don't need a flashy spectacular do-everything super scoring mini-point-guard like Isaiah AND you have this injury questions right now. His trade value is super limited because this season is questionable and unrestricted after this year... but there are some teams that would take him and give back some good value if he agreed or signalled to sign a large contract with them ahead of time.

I think the Cavs got major question marks at this moment, but with that pick and some of their (slightly over-valued) player assets they could wheel and deal and come out of this in FANTASTIC shape and find themselves the actual favorites come playoff time next year

j-bay
09-08-2017, 09:33 PM
I mean trading Love for Cousins makes sense, because it is a straight across salary swap. Or if you'd rather trade Tristan Thompson then that's fine too either way.

The pick is value for like 2 years from now, so doesn't matter to Lebron's window. So you throw that in as a premium for the incredible value you'd be getting in Cousins, who could have an absurd awakening season playing with Lebron and really find himself. You get down into the middle of the playoffs and suddenly this guy is plugged in and playing at superstar level.

Kevin Love is the guy that Lebron kind of has to keep pushing, we're always looking for the motivation, we're always looking for the production. Like take your foot off the gas it comes to a complete stop. Lebron sits out some games and it's just meh. I mean we give him max credit in the Finals like oooooh he's grabbing a few rebounds and playing scrappy out there and oh my he hit a couple of threes and oh wow the football court length pass on twitter wheeee but c'mon. It's just ok and trust me Kevin Love is not the glue player that is holding that team together or amplifying the synergy of the Cavs. Kevin Love never even sniffed the playoffs at Minnesota.

The Cavs are 100% Lebron's team, and adding Cousins to that mix would be awesome. That's what I think. If Lebron says differently than I will defer to what he says.

But yeah clearly if N.O. will take the pick for Cousins then bam but they will never do that. And other teams can make offers too. MAKE THAT DEAL. KLove/Thompson + Brklyn pick for Cousins.

Honestly too you just gotta dump I.T. also. Even if he comes back and is ready it is a liability, a distraction, not the right vibe. You just can't be sure of his durability and the defense is very very questionable. I think you trade I.T. and give Shumpert a larger role, and you bring in another solid PG of some sort that can just play within the scheme, handle the ball no turnovers, hit the spot up shots, make the passes. You really don't need a flashy spectacular do-everything super scoring mini-point-guard like Isaiah AND you have this injury questions right now. His trade value is super limited because this season is questionable and unrestricted after this year... but there are some teams that would take him and give back some good value if he agreed or signalled to sign a large contract with them ahead of time.

I think the Cavs got major question marks at this moment, but with that pick and some of their (slightly over-valued) player assets they could wheel and deal and come out of this in FANTASTIC shape and find themselves the actual favorites come playoff time next year

1.That pick matters 2 years from now if Lebron leaves
2.Its Lebron's team...for now.If Cleveland doesn't show a decent showing against GS the he is GONE.

dnl123
09-09-2017, 12:16 AM
2.Its Lebron's team...for now.If Cleveland doesn't show a decent showing against GS the he is GONE.

I think he's already gone bro. You gotta plan for the future. Lebron has given them absolutely no assurances. I think he's as good as gone after this season no matter who you add to the team. I could be wrong, but I would not trade that pick.

Sssmush
09-09-2017, 06:39 AM

Yeah but gone where?

Cleveland could be as good as any place for Lebron to make a stand. And if they throw a good squad together around him this season he would at least in all likelihood stick around one more season to try to take another whack at it and win that 4th ring.

I mean first of all... there is no way Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference. So let's just dispense with all those theories right here right now once and for all.

Stories about Lebron leaving for a Western Conference team are an essential diversification of the daily story/narrative generating sports journalism industry, and they can be amusing speculation, and get fans riled up on either side, but for those in-the-know PSD readers and posters let's just *wink wink* and alright we all ****ing know there is no way in ****ing **** that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference.

I mean would you bet $100 that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference? Ok because I don't think that Nike and the NBA and all its collective sponsors are gonna be on board with just flushing $200M in revenue this year and the 20 year gravy train of GOAT advertising etc that will be perpetuated with Lebron continuing to arrive in the Finals every year for the next 3 years minimum.

So ok we know Lebron is staying in the East. That puts Miami, NY, and possibly Brooklyn...? on the list of possibilities. The only possible place is NY really. Miami situation was kind of tense after Lebron left. Riley didn't write a "letter" but you can imagine it was tense and you don't want to go back and work for any angry hyper motivational Riley with an axe to grind when you already own Cleveland. So let's forget about Miami.

New York, if they can clear the decks... New York would be the epic. You hear the grumblings about Dolan, but honestly it seems like Dolan can write the checks and step out of the way for 2-3 years at a time. He gave Isaiah a ton of runway, he gave Phil Jackson a lot of runway, etc. Paid them a lot, and didn't hear a peep from him until the situations just got so ridiculously bad that he just stepped in and mercy-fired them before the media burned down MSG.

There is a ton of big hedge fund money there obviously, big ticket, big venue, big legend. You hand Lebron the keys and next year New York is in the Finals and The Legend is even greater.

Summary of analysis:

60% probability that Lebron stays in Cleveland
40% probability that Lebron goes to New York Knicks
~ <less than> 1% probability he does something weird like go to the Lakers, Nets or Spurs

This is based on the information I have. For all I know Lebron may already be 100% to stay in Cleveland or 100% to go to New York. But if I had to bet on it, I'd say it's 60:40 Cleveland/New York

So yeah, whether Lebron is staying in Cleveland or not they should almost definitely trade the pick, at least from Lebron's point of view. And you gotta cash in now and make a run at the Finals. This could be one of Lebron's best years. Believe me if Lebron leaves you will have lots of lottery picks every year, possibly for decades. Deal the pick, put a squad out there, boom. No other choice

j-bay
09-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Yeah but gone where?

Cleveland could be as good as any place for Lebron to make a stand. And if they throw a good squad together around him this season he would at least in all likelihood stick around one more season to try to take another whack at it and win that 4th ring.

I mean first of all... there is no way Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference. So let's just dispense with all those theories right here right now once and for all.

Stories about Lebron leaving for a Western Conference team are an essential diversification of the daily story/narrative generating sports journalism industry, and they can be amusing speculation, and get fans riled up on either side, but for those in-the-know PSD readers and posters let's just *wink wink* and alright we all ****ing know there is no way in ****ing **** that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference.

I mean would you bet $100 that Lebron is leaving the Eastern Conference? Ok because I don't think that Nike and the NBA and all its collective sponsors are gonna be on board with just flushing $200M in revenue this year and the 20 year gravy train of GOAT advertising etc that will be perpetuated with Lebron continuing to arrive in the Finals every year for the next 3 years minimum.

So ok we know Lebron is staying in the East. That puts Miami, NY, and possibly Brooklyn...? on the list of possibilities. The only possible place is NY really. Miami situation was kind of tense after Lebron left. Riley didn't write a "letter" but you can imagine it was tense and you don't want to go back and work for any angry hyper motivational Riley with an axe to grind when you already own Cleveland. So let's forget about Miami.

New York, if they can clear the decks... New York would be the epic. You hear the grumblings about Dolan, but honestly it seems like Dolan can write the checks and step out of the way for 2-3 years at a time. He gave Isaiah a ton of runway, he gave Phil Jackson a lot of runway, etc. Paid them a lot, and didn't hear a peep from him until the situations just got so ridiculously bad that he just stepped in and mercy-fired them before the media burned down MSG.

There is a ton of big hedge fund money there obviously, big ticket, big venue, big legend. You hand Lebron the keys and next year New York is in the Finals and The Legend is even greater.

Summary of analysis:

60% probability that Lebron stays in Cleveland
40% probability that Lebron goes to New York Knicks
~ <less than> 1% probability he does something weird like go to the Lakers, Nets or Spurs

This is based on the information I have. For all I know Lebron may already be 100% to stay in Cleveland or 100% to go to New York. But if I had to bet on it, I'd say it's 60:40 Cleveland/New York

So yeah, whether Lebron is staying in Cleveland or not they should almost definitely trade the pick, at least from Lebron's point of view. And you gotta cash in now and make a run at the Finals. This could be one of Lebron's best years. Believe me if Lebron leaves you will have lots of lottery picks every year, possibly for decades. Deal the pick, put a squad out there, boom. No other choice

Well there is the reports Lebron' wife wants to go to LA. And yes while the East is weak the Cavs have not done well against GS. Yes they have won but they almost loss in 5 games. Yes its an easy path in the East but what is the point in staying if you go down in 4-5 games. This is the last chance to show to Lebron what Cleveland can do. He isn't going back to Miami. And he sure is not going to a mess like NY or Brooklyn. The Lakers seem very likely at this point. I would say a 75 percent chance at this point.

j-bay
09-10-2017, 01:26 PM
Since 2009 how many times have we seen reports about Lebron leaving his team, and those reports turn out to be true.

FlashBolt
09-10-2017, 02:29 PM
Since 2009 how many times have we seen reports about Lebron leaving his team, and those reports turn out to be true.

100%

IndyRealist
09-10-2017, 06:48 PM

If I ran the Pacers, I'd do that. They're not doing anything the next two years anyway, get a 1st out of it and trade Mahimni when he's expiring.

Sssmush
09-11-2017, 06:19 AM
Well there is the reports Lebron' wife wants to go to LA. And yes while the East is weak the Cavs have not done well against GS. Yes they have won but they almost loss in 5 games. Yes its an easy path in the East but what is the point in staying if you go down in 4-5 games. This is the last chance to show to Lebron what Cleveland can do. He isn't going back to Miami. And he sure is not going to a mess like NY or Brooklyn. The Lakers seem very likely at this point. I would say a 75 percent chance at this point.

Look I'm a long time Laker fan... and to me the idea of Lebron going to Los Angeles seems wildly unrealistic and unlikely. It just does. For several reasons, not to mention the fact that Lebron would have to drop everything, his championship flow, the state of Ohio, his current squad, not to mention the NBA cash train of ratings because Lebron is in the Finals every year, and oh yeah they actually won the title last year too. AND they could be greatly improved because A. Kevin Love has been totally underwhelming and B. there is a market for Kevin Love and they also have the Brooklyn pick.

Losing Kyrie for I.T. is a huge downgrade and Kyrie was an essential ingredient... but there are ways to improve that squad even in the post-Kyrie era now

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-11-2017, 09:08 AM

I don't see the appeal for LeBron to go to Lakers unless two other stars going with him. If Westbrook stays with Thunder for super max. Then PG13 may change his mind and stay. I think CP3 stays with Harden. Randle be RFA so Lakers would need to renounce him. Lakers haven't salary dumped Clarkson yet. Also Deng be hard to dump. Also a healthy IT following season besides whatever happens with the Nets pick.

LeBron be better off to stay. Also they got Crowder. Even if Melo opted out next summer and Wade and him follows LeBron to the Lakers. Doubt they win much. Probably wouldn't get past first round of playoffs. Lakers should of just traded for George this summer and had him out right. Now there's a chance Westbrook changes PG13's mind the next 82 games.

warfelg
09-11-2017, 09:23 AM
I don't see the appeal for LeBron to go to Lakers unless two other stars going with him. If Westbrook stays with Thunder for super max. Then PG13 may change his mind and stay. I think CP3 stays with Harden. Randle be RFA so Lakers would need to renounce him. Lakers haven't salary dumped Clarkson yet. Also Deng be hard to dump. Also a healthy IT following season besides whatever happens with the Nets pick.

LeBron be better off to stay. Also they got Crowder. Even if Melo opted out next summer and Wade and him follows LeBron to the Lakers. Doubt they win much. Probably wouldn't get past first round of playoffs. Lakers should of just traded for George this summer and had him out right. Now there's a chance Westbrook changes PG13's mind the next 82 games.

The biggest thing with LeBron is he's gonna go where he gets say in what happens.

I personally doubt that Magic and Palinka give him that.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 10:31 AM
Cavs and spurs lol are the only teams i could honestly see him going to. The Lakers just make zero sense. Still waiting for a real reason to join the Lakers.

j-bay
09-11-2017, 10:56 AM
Cavs and spurs lol are the only teams i could honestly see him going to. The Lakers just make zero sense. Still waiting for a real reason to join the Lakers.

Because he and his wife love LA. There ain't a whole lot of choices for Lebron. And i hear the excuse of the Lakers need 2 stars, it might be just Paul George. I said Lakers because it does seem to be the most likely place. We have seen too many reports saying Lebron is gone. We have seen this TWICE before guys. There is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 12:17 PM
Because he and his wife love LA. There ain't a whole lot of choices for Lebron. And i hear the excuse of the Lakers need 2 stars, it might be just Paul George. I said Lakers because it does seem to be the most likely place. We have seen too many reports saying Lebron is gone. We have seen this TWICE before guys. There is just too much smoke for there not to be a fire.

Lebron does love LA thats why he has a home there. nice thing about being nasty rich lol. Loving a city does not mean you gotta play there. Thats not a reason. Lebron loves the attention. He may very well go there but I don't believe anyone knows. So all the reports you hear are straight trash.

Lebron has a system that is stupid. He likes to tell the front office "improve the team or im gone" which actually hurts the team from improving. because most FA's or players coming trough in a possible trade want a commitment from lebron which of course he will never do no matter what team he plays for.

They will need much more then Paul George.

Vee-Rex
09-11-2017, 01:12 PM

Remember all the LeBron-to-New York rumors in 2010? Because he loves New York so much?

In fact, there was a TON of smoke and rumors and reports around LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2016, after winning the title.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/rumor-lebron-james-could-return-to-heat-if-cavaliers-win-championship/

https://nesn.com/2016/06/is-lebron-james-leaving-cleveland-again-after-winning-nba-finals-he-can/

https://www.gq.com/story/lebron-james-is-not-leaving-cleveland-dummies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/20/will-lebron-james-leave-cleveland-again-now-that-he-brought-the-city-a-title/?utm_term=.2da74fedf029

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/05/stephen-a-smith-lebron-james-leave-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-title

All those are reports saying that LeBron was likely/gonna leave Cleveland after winning the 2016 championship. Instead he signed a 2+1 deal. And guess what? Numerous posters on these forums were salivating at those reports and exclaiming he was gone. Where are they now? Making the exact same statements every time LeBron is on a contract year.

Believe what you wanna believe, but at this point you guys (general) are all prisoners of the media. You (general) take ANY report, even if it's from a 12 year old living in Africa no matter how illogical, irrational, and incredulous it may seem. As long as it's full of potential drama, you AUTO-believe it like you're some sort of robot incapable of rational thought and is programmed solely off media reports.

I'm fine acknowledging that he might leave, but NO WAY is it guaranteed or already a foregone conclusion like the dramatic people would have you believe.

Vee-Rex
09-11-2017, 01:16 PM

Not all. Following the 2016 finals there were reports (Stephen A Smith fueled some of them) that he was leaving after "fulfilling his promise" to Cleveland.

j-bay
09-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Lebron does love LA thats why he has a home there. nice thing about being nasty rich lol. Loving a city does not mean you gotta play there. Thats not a reason. Lebron loves the attention. He may very well go there but I don't believe anyone knows. So all the reports you hear are straight trash.

Lebron has a system that is stupid. He likes to tell the front office "improve the team or im gone" which actually hurts the team from improving. because most FA's or players coming trough in a possible trade want a commitment from lebron which of course he will never do no matter what team he plays for.

They will need much more then Paul George.

Paul George might be the only choice he has if he wants to leave. As to the comnent "The reports are straight up trash", those same reports have been right before. All Lebron has to say is "I want to stay in Cleveland". It doesn't mean he will but thats all he has to say. Based on him being quiet and the reports he has mentaly left Cleveland. If Cleveland is hoing to have any shot keeping Lebron it would have to go to game 6 and be a close game. A game 6 blowout or any thing below that and Lebron is gone. And I keep on hearing "Well he needs two superstars to join" there arn't a lot of options. And the options he has are all west. 2 names to cross out
OKC-Can't see it
SA-A lot of people talking about this, but again can't see it

Now 3 likely locations
Houston-Chris Paul is there now. Morey is known to be aggressive on FAs. A team of James, Harden, and Paul would be good
Clippers-I know they are cap loaded right now but you guys are saying Lebron needs two stars well here we go. Lebron could convince Paul George to go to LA team B. Lebron, George, and Griffin. Maybe Jordan but i doubt it.
Lakers-Yep here we go. "But Lebron needs more than 2 stars". Well he might have to deal with one, unless Lonzo becomes an issue. The pool in next years FA class is strong with C,SF, and PGs. But its weak with SG and PFs.

j-bay
09-11-2017, 01:24 PM
Remember all the LeBron-to-New York rumors in 2010? Because he loves New York so much?

In fact, there was a TON of smoke and rumors and reports around LeBron leaving the Cavs in 2016, after winning the title.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/05/23/rumor-lebron-james-could-return-to-heat-if-cavaliers-win-championship/

https://nesn.com/2016/06/is-lebron-james-leaving-cleveland-again-after-winning-nba-finals-he-can/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/06/20/will-lebron-james-leave-cleveland-again-now-that-he-brought-the-city-a-title/?utm_term=.2da74fedf029

http://www.complex.com/sports/2016/05/stephen-a-smith-lebron-james-leave-cleveland-cavaliers-nba-title

All those are reports saying that LeBron was likely/gonna leave Cleveland after winning the 2016 championship. Instead he signed a 2+1 deal. And guess what? Numerous posters on these forums were salivating at those reports and exclaiming he was gone. Where are they now? Making the exact same statements every time LeBron is on a contract year.

Believe what you wanna believe, but at this point you guys (general) are all prisoners of the media. You (general) take ANY report, even if it's from a 12 year old living in Africa no matter how illogical, irrational, and incredulous it may seem. As long as it's full of potential drama, you AUTO-believe it like you're some sort of robot incapable of rational thought and is programmed solely off media reports.

I'm fine acknowledging that he might leave, but NO WAY is it guaranteed or already a foregone conclusion like the dramatic people would have you believe.

I believed Lebron was going to stay in 2016. But there are just too many red flags. If i was Lebron i would have come out and say "This is my team and we are winning another championship".

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-11-2017, 02:07 PM
If anything Thunder should be trying to create cap by dumping Adams and Kanter for a third star.

Sssmush
09-11-2017, 06:07 PM
The biggest thing with LeBron is he's gonna go where he gets say in what happens.

I personally doubt that Magic and Palinka give him that.

That's another huge reason why Lebron would never go to LA.

Because the great Magic would be trying to catapult off of Lebron, everyday saying "see we wanted him we went out and got him" etc etc and would just be insufferable with his nonstop blah blah blah and taking credit and making decisions and roster moves and telling Lebron what to do and then ultimately criticizing Lebron and saying "listen Lebron is a really tremendous player, but if he wants to be even greater he has to [x y z]."

I mean why the **** would Lebron, the King of the Eastern Conference, leave all that to be in Magic's stupid arrogant fat shadow, on the Lakers, who are currently a lottery team the past 3 years? The more I think about this the more ludicrous it becomes. Oh and overrated Paul George who got run out of the East with no titles or Finals or anything is supposed to be the big draw for Lebron to LA? Or LoL Lonzo who will play with such unselfish exuberance that of course Lebron will want to be there in LA. Oh and I heard Lebron's wife thinks LA is a really neat place. LoL it's stupid on its face.

Face it, by owning the East Lebron gets a shot at the title every year, which is his best/only chance to get #4 and also builds his case to be the Nike GOAT going forward, which = incredibly huge global money.

j-bay
09-11-2017, 07:40 PM
That's another huge reason why Lebron would never go to LA.

Because the great Magic would be trying to catapult off of Lebron, everyday saying "see we wanted him we went out and got him" etc etc and would just be insufferable with his nonstop blah blah blah and taking credit and making decisions and roster moves and telling Lebron what to do and then ultimately criticizing Lebron and saying "listen Lebron is a really tremendous player, but if he wants to be even greater he has to [x y z]."

I mean why the **** would Lebron, the King of the Eastern Conference, leave all that to be in Magic's stupid arrogant fat shadow, on the Lakers, who are currently a lottery team the past 3 years? The more I think about this the more ludicrous it becomes. Oh and overrated Paul George who got run out of the East with no titles or Finals or anything is supposed to be the big draw for Lebron to LA? Or LoL Lonzo who will play with such unselfish exuberance that of course Lebron will want to be there in LA. Oh and I heard Lebron's wife thinks LA is a really neat place. LoL it's stupid on its face.

Face it, by owning the East Lebron gets a shot at the title every year, which is his best/only chance to get #4 and also builds his case to be the Nike GOAT going forward, which = incredibly huge global money.

Yeah he gets a shot at the title but what is the point of staying if you lose in 4-5 games. If Cleveland loses in 4-5 games then he is probably gone. And the teams you proposed in the East are not happening.

FlashBolt
09-11-2017, 07:56 PM

Let's be honest, there are always rumors about LeBron or any superstar player during the offseason. The thing is, with LeBron, you can almost tell he's planning a leave. He did leave in 2010 and I don't know who took his 2016 call to leave seriously but he just won a championship.. I doubt he would have left unless he won them a ring, too. He won them a ring, resigned because he liked his chances vs the Warriors until KD arrived, and he's getting to the point where the Cavs squad is not capable of beating the Warriors any time soon. The guy has a reason to leave and go to the Spurs/Lakers - where if he joined the Spurs, they are already better than the Cavs and if he joined the Lakers and they get PG and another star, it's better than the Cavs, too. I think there is a positive amount of evidence that he will most likely leave.

Sssmush
09-11-2017, 10:43 PM
Yeah he gets a shot at the title but what is the point of staying if you lose in 4-5 games. If Cleveland loses in 4-5 games then he is probably gone. And the teams you proposed in the East are not happening.

That logic doesnt make any sense.

Let's not undervalue the prestige of winning the Eastern Conference. Winning the East, especially so many years in a row, is a big deal. And very prestigious.

Lebron is the most famous basketball player in the world. And winning and having great seasons and representing the East year after year is an entertainment and ratings bonanza, and basketball at a very high level. Oh yeah and he wins a title every two or three years. It's the perfect situation.

Could Lebron build or join another super team somewhere? Sure. But its much better if it's in the East because then you can play on the big stage. And not face HOU, SA, OKC and GSW before even getting there. And again why join LA when you'd have to work through or work around Magic and Pelinka, two hyped up and hollywooding inexperienced execs with lots of strong opinions and a losing lottery team.

Theres just no way you can say "what's the point if you lose in the Finals... therefore Lebron will go to LA."

Just no way. Lebron isnt on a farewell tour, he is playing for rings. Literally he is playing for rings every year. Cant win one if youre not in the arena at Finals time.

Sssmush
09-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Honestly I think Magic and the Lakers will have their hands full trying to develop Lonzo and dealing with all the Lavarr Ballz drama and reality TV shows etc.

I dont think they should worry too much about landing Lebron and building a super team honestly. Just try to land ONE mid-tier star first, a Paul George lets say, and then lets talk.

Honestly it would be a more compelling storyline if Dangelo, Ingram and Ball as well as Randle might all possibly turn into young stars on a hot team. But now Dangelos gone, and theyre talking salary dumping Randle. That leaves a total rookie Lonzo and an Ingram who hasnt shown much consistent accuracy from deep. MCP and Lopez are either max players or gone. Deng wil be MUCH harder to trade than Mosgov, who had real value. I could go on.

Lakers are exactly the kind of team thst Lebron would never consider

j-bay
09-11-2017, 11:37 PM
That logic doesnt make any sense.

Let's not undervalue the prestige of winning the Eastern Conference. Winning the East, especially so many years in a row, is a big deal. And very prestigious.

Lebron is the most famous basketball player in the world. And winning and having great seasons and representing the East year after year is an entertainment and ratings bonanza, and basketball at a very high level. Oh yeah and he wins a title every two or three years. It's the perfect situation.

Could Lebron build or join another super team somewhere? Sure. But its much better if it's in the East because then you can play on the big stage. And not face HOU, SA, OKC and GSW before even getting there. And again why join LA when you'd have to work through or work around Magic and Pelinka, two hyped up and hollywooding inexperienced execs with lots of strong opinions and a losing lottery team.

Theres just no way you can say "what's the point if you lose in the Finals... therefore Lebron will go to LA."

Just no way. Lebron isnt on a farewell tour, he is playing for rings. Literally he is playing for rings every year. Cant win one if youre not in the arena at Finals time.

Winning the East is a big deal. But losing in the finals in at least 6 2 out of 3 times is bad. If it happens again, i think he is gone. I know its a different team but Cleveland only has one chance. If they can't prove that they can play with GS, then i think he goes out West.

j-bay
09-11-2017, 11:39 PM
Honestly I think Magic and the Lakers will have their hands full trying to develop Lonzo and dealing with all the Lavarr Ballz drama and reality TV shows etc.

I dont think they should worry too much about landing Lebron and building a super team honestly. Just try to land ONE mid-tier star first, a Paul George lets say, and then lets talk.

Honestly it would be a more compelling storyline if Dangelo, Ingram and Ball as well as Randle might all possibly turn into young stars on a hot team. But now Dangelos gone, and theyre talking salary dumping Randle. That leaves a total rookie Lonzo and an Ingram who hasnt shown much consistent accuracy from deep. MCP and Lopez are either max players or gone. Deng wil be MUCH harder to trade than Mosgov, who had real value. I could go on.

Lakers are exactly the kind of team thst Lebron would never consider

I think he is considering LA. If Lebron decides he wants to leave Cleveland he doesn't have too many choices. This ain't 2010.

Sssmush
09-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Winning the East is a big deal. But losing in the finals in at least 6 2 out of 3 times is bad. If it happens again, i think he is gone. I know its a different team but Cleveland only has one chance. If they can't prove that they can play with GS, then i think he goes out West.

Dude, think of it like playing in the Final Four, or the National Title Game. It's a big deal and if you're in the game that's a big deal. Youre at the highest level of basketball, youre part of the show, and if things go your way you could win a 4th title. Also you've extended this historic domination.

Or you could join the Lakers and get slapped around in 5 games by GSW or San Antonio.

I mean if Lonzo is great or has great trade value, if Ingram is great, if Randle becomes another Barkley or Zach all of a sudden, Nance is the real deal, then yoh get Lebron, CP3 and Westbrooke on team friendly deals, and then Magic steps aside and gives Lebron/Nike full signoff power in writing... ok well then you could possibly have an epic WCF like GSW v OKC was. And with the refs maybe Lebron could possibly win.

OR he could stay in Cleveland, add Cousins and a big point guard with defense, and go after GSW again next year in the Finals.

I mean Lebron to LA would be super weird and unusual but not totally impossible that's why I give it a ~1% chance. So once in every 100 Lebron free agencies he chooses LA to play under Magic

prodigy
09-12-2017, 08:50 AM
LeBron is what 33 years old lol. he cant keep building franchises. If he truly wants to win again the Lakers are out sorry. Thats just a fact.

Lets not forget he would be taking a huge pay-cut leaving Cleveland. He's complained about doing that in Miami.

j-bay
09-12-2017, 11:16 AM
LeBron is what 33 years old lol. he cant keep building franchises. If he truly wants to win again the Lakers are out sorry. Thats just a fact.

Lets not forget he would be taking a huge pay-cut leaving Cleveland. He's complained about doing that in Miami.

He can't keep on building franchises but he can't keep on staying on the same franchise getting the same result.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 11:23 AM

I think you're letting the fact that you're a Cavs fan blind you here a little bit, and that's definitely understandable. LeBron very well could build a super team in LA next year. They could clear up to 80M+ in cap space and LeBron, PG and Westbrook could sign 1+1 deals and sign 5 year max deals the next year. They could use he MLE on someone like Wade and maybe keep Lopez for the minimum if he wants to win. They will also have tons of vets flocking to that team for the minimum.

As LeBron Wade And to a lesser extent, PG and Westbrook get older, Lonzo Ingram Kuzma etc will also get older and closer to their primes so it will cancel out.

hugepatsfan
09-12-2017, 11:29 AM
I think Lebron will go where he has the best shot to win a title. CLE put themselves in great position to do that with the Kyrie trade but it's dependent on 1) IT's health and 2) what they can trade the BRK pick for.

If IT is healthy and they move the BRK pick for another all-star they turned one all-star into 2 (granted, IT isn't quite as good as Kyrie but it's still 1 all-star for 2). They closed the gap in that scenario and I can't see anyone getting closer. But if the BRK pick doesn't yield a superstar ready to win now and/or IT never regains full form then they just swapped an all-star out for another one or even worse for no all-stars. In that case they kept the same gap to where Lebron might want a change or they even widened the gap. (And PLEASE, don't talk to me about role players like Crowder or Rose - those are not pieces that close a gap with a juggernaut like GS that also upgraded their ancillary parts.)

j-bay
09-12-2017, 11:40 AM
I think you're letting the fact that you're a Cavs fan blind you here a little bit, and that's definitely understandable. LeBron very well could build a super team in LA next year. They could clear up to 80M+ in cap space and LeBron, PG and Westbrook could sign 1+1 deals and sign 5 year max deals the next year. They could use he MLE on someone like Wade and maybe keep Lopez for the minimum if he wants to win. They will also have tons of vets flocking to that team for the minimum.

As LeBron Wade And to a lesser extent, PG and Westbrook get older, Lonzo Ingram Kuzma etc will also get older and closer to their primes so it will cancel out.

Doubt Westbrook comes. If its the Lakers its Paul George, Wade, and Lonzo. Now they might have to get another superstar via 2019 FA. Its not the best situation but he has very little options. All his options are west. The way its looking right now he has mentaly left Cleveland and there has to be a very good championship series for him to stay.

Vee-Rex
09-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Let's be honest, there are always rumors about LeBron or any superstar player during the offseason. The thing is, with LeBron, you can almost tell he's planning a leave. He did leave in 2010 and I don't know who took his 2016 call to leave seriously but he just won a championship.. I doubt he would have left unless he won them a ring, too. He won them a ring, resigned because he liked his chances vs the Warriors until KD arrived, and he's getting to the point where the Cavs squad is not capable of beating the Warriors any time soon. The guy has a reason to leave and go to the Spurs/Lakers - where if he joined the Spurs, they are already better than the Cavs and if he joined the Lakers and they get PG and another star, it's better than the Cavs, too. I think there is a positive amount of evidence that he will most likely leave.

Plenty of people did.

Lately, LeBron has been constantly saying that he has nothing left to prove. He's "maturing" so to speak and undoubtedly thinking more and more about his post-NBA career. Turning down a huge amount of money to ring-chase to a team in the West that would likely get hammered by GS ANYWAY, is probably not very appetizing for him. He already said that he never ever truly considered a team in the West back in 2014 when he joined Cleveland, so why would he subject himself to that later in his career just to lose to GS anyway?

Kawhi + LeBron + bums ain't beating GS (Spurs would literally have to gut their roster in trades to sign LeBron. Green + Gay + Aldridge can easily opt-in and ruin any minute chance of acquiring LeBron in free agency) anymore than Cleveland is with LeBron + Love + IT + whatever star the Brooklyn pick can acquire.

LA isn't gonna be able to put together a team to compete with GS, unless perhaps George and Westbrook join. However, GS is not only an enormous talent, but their chemistry/cohesiveness is through the roof. I'd bet money they beat that LA team handily. Then LeBron will have not only lost out on money in that scenario, but power as well. Magic won't give him the kind of power he'd have in Cleveland.

The reports/media have been 99% wrong all summer. I just don't see the logic in leaving tons of money at the table to join a team that could potentially only be a LITTLE better than the team you're already on (Brooklyn pick being traded being a factor into this).

So if Paul George is available at the deadline, do people really think LeBron would rather join a team in LA with LESS money, LESS power with Magic in charge, outside his hometown, to play with George and Westbrook over staying in his hometown area with MORE money, MORE power, to play with George (brooklyn pick traded to acquire), Love, IT, TT and JR (his buddies)?

Russell Westbrook hasn't signed an extension with OKC and can opt out. If OKC starts fearing he might leave to LA, that Brooklyn pick is a very enticing offer for a rebuilding piece.

My point is - there are MANY scenarios in how this whole thing can play out. To guarantee (not saying you've done this, Flash, but many others have) LeBron is gone/leaving Cleveland is just silly. Is there a good chance? Sure, I think so. As long as LeBron and Gilbert don't like each other then it's a possibility. It's just not guaranteed.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 12:25 PM
Doubt Westbrook comes. If its the Lakers its Paul George, Wade, and Lonzo. Now they might have to get another superstar via 2019 FA. Its not the best situation but he has very little options. All his options are west. The way its looking right now he has mentaly left Cleveland and there has to be a very good championship series for him to stay.

You never know but if I were OKC I'd be trying to clear cap space to make my own run at LeBron.

FlashBolt
09-12-2017, 01:19 PM
Plenty of people did.

Lately, LeBron has been constantly saying that he has nothing left to prove. He's "maturing" so to speak and undoubtedly thinking more and more about his post-NBA career. Turning down a huge amount of money to ring-chase to a team in the West that would likely get hammered by GS ANYWAY, is probably not very appetizing for him. He already said that he never ever truly considered a team in the West back in 2014 when he joined Cleveland, so why would he subject himself to that later in his career just to lose to GS anyway?

Kawhi + LeBron + bums ain't beating GS (Spurs would literally have to gut their roster in trades to sign LeBron. Green + Gay + Aldridge can easily opt-in and ruin any minute chance of acquiring LeBron in free agency) anymore than Cleveland is with LeBron + Love + IT + whatever star the Brooklyn pick can acquire.

LA isn't gonna be able to put together a team to compete with GS, unless perhaps George and Westbrook join. However, GS is not only an enormous talent, but their chemistry/cohesiveness is through the roof. I'd bet money they beat that LA team handily. Then LeBron will have not only lost out on money in that scenario, but power as well. Magic won't give him the kind of power he'd have in Cleveland.

The reports/media have been 99% wrong all summer. I just don't see the logic in leaving tons of money at the table to join a team that could potentially only be a LITTLE better than the team you're already on (Brooklyn pick being traded being a factor into this).

So if Paul George is available at the deadline, do people really think LeBron would rather join a team in LA with LESS money, LESS power with Magic in charge, outside his hometown, to play with George and Westbrook over staying in his hometown area with MORE money, MORE power, to play with George (brooklyn pick traded to acquire), Love, IT, TT and JR (his buddies)?

Russell Westbrook hasn't signed an extension with OKC and can opt out. If OKC starts fearing he might leave to LA, that Brooklyn pick is a very enticing offer for a rebuilding piece.

My point is - there are MANY scenarios in how this whole thing can play out. To guarantee (not saying you've done this, Flash, but many others have) LeBron is gone/leaving Cleveland is just silly. Is there a good chance? Sure, I think so. As long as LeBron and Gilbert don't like each other then it's a possibility. It's just not guaranteed.

Sounds like you're trying to find arguments for LeBron to stay rather than obvious reasons as to why he would leave.

1) Spurs are easily the better team. Kawhi is 10x better than any player on the Cavs and he would give LeBron the ability to not defend KD and dominate Draymond. Not to mention the fact that they have, you know, Popovich. Rudy Gay is not opting in and if he does, he's on a friendly contract. LaMarcus is leaving. Dude is unhappy there. Spurs are amazing at moving the ball - something LeBron could deeply use at this stage of his career as it would mean a wider lane for him to attack and or make distinctive passes.

2) Lakers are attractive in the sense that they have the cap and lifestyle that LeBron has been enamored with. I get it, they are still a young team and it will depend on how willing they are to let LeBron dictate some demands but if they have the cap space and others have already stated their interest for the Lakers, what makes you think LeBron wouldn't be interested? Lakers have a lot of flexibility, here. They can trade Lonzo if this thing goes bust.. trade Ingram if he hasn't developed the way they expected.. package Deng and Clarkson along with young talent to get rid of cap.. Lots of moves to be made.

3) My point is, Cavs aren't going to beat the Warriors in the future as it is with the current contracts in-place. LeBron got Cleveland that ring and he seems to be assured that Cleveland has appreciated him for doing that. I would be more surprised that he stays than leaves, assuming they don't win.

prodigy
09-12-2017, 01:46 PM

Lol i def don't get blinded. I've also been very honest.

BTW- what you said isn't really building a team. I was speaking of Lebron and George going to a team with Ball, Ingram etc... Thats just stacking a team lol. I think thats hoping for 2 many cards to fall.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 01:52 PM
I think they should trade the pick regardless at this point at the deadline.

If they get Cousins and LeBron walks but they retain their FAs:

IT/???
JR/Korver
Crowder/Green?
Love/???
Cousins/TT

Still pretty damn good.

Same if they got Whiteside.

If the Blazers or Wizards are struggling and looking to clear cap (Wizards may for Cousins):

Lillard/???
JR/Korver
Crowder/Green
Love/???
TT/???

IT/???
McCollum/JR
Crowder/Korver
Love/???
TT/???

IT/???
Beal/JR
Crowder/Korver
Love/???
TT/???

Although he's definitely no LeBron they got a solid piece in Crowder to slide in at SF if LeBron leaves. They should trade the pick for one of an all star C or SG imo.

Cleveland fans, how would you feel if they said "**** it were trading the pick for an all star, if LeBron wants to stay great but if not, well still have a pretty damn good team"?

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Lol i def don't get blinded. I've also been very honest.

BTW- what you said isn't really building a team. I was speaking of Lebron and George going to a team with Ball, Ingram etc... Thats just stacking a team lol. I think thats hoping for 2 many cards to fall.

Maybe but the thing is, they very well could clear up that cap room to do it. I feel these guys are hanging more than usual this summer.

prodigy
09-12-2017, 01:57 PM
Plenty of people did.

this.

Just not many reasons for lebron to leave. I mean if all you got is he likes the LA lifestyle then thats pretty weak. Lebron can already do that.

j-bay
09-12-2017, 02:08 PM
I think they should trade the pick regardless at this point at the deadline.

If they get Cousins and LeBron walks but they retain their FAs:

IT/???
JR/Korver
Crowder/Green?
Love/???
Cousins/TT

Still pretty damn good.

Same if they got Whiteside.

If the Blazers or Wizards are struggling and looking to clear cap (Wizards may for Cousins):

Lillard/???
JR/Korver
Crowder/Green
Love/???
TT/???

IT/???
McCollum/JR
Crowder/Korver
Love/???
TT/???

IT/???
Beal/JR
Crowder/Korver
Love/???
TT/???

Although he's definitely no LeBron they got a solid piece in Crowder to slide in at SF if LeBron leaves. They should trade the pick for one of an all star C or SG imo.

Cleveland fans, how would you feel if they said "**** it were trading the pick for an all star, if LeBron wants to stay great but if not, well still have a pretty damn good team"?

All the Wizards would have to do is trade Mahinmi and a first then Gortat. They don't have to get rid of Beal

Wall
Beal
Porter
Morris
Cousins

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 02:08 PM
this.

Just not many reasons for lebron to leave. I mean if all you got is he likes the LA lifestyle then thats pretty weak. Lebron can already do that.

He can also build a better team and/or the banana boat team in LA. Thats why I think you guys have to trade the pick for an all star to make it even harder for him to leave. Have to bring Wade in post buyout as well.

Vee-Rex
09-12-2017, 02:40 PM
Sounds like you're trying to find arguments for LeBron to stay rather than obvious reasons as to why he would leave.

1) Spurs are easily the better team. Kawhi is 10x better than any player on the Cavs and he would give LeBron the ability to not defend KD and dominate Draymond. Not to mention the fact that they have, you know, Popovich. Rudy Gay is not opting in and if he does, he's on a friendly contract. LaMarcus is leaving. Dude is unhappy there. Spurs are amazing at moving the ball - something LeBron could deeply use at this stage of his career as it would mean a wider lane for him to attack and or make distinctive passes.

2) Lakers are attractive in the sense that they have the cap and lifestyle that LeBron has been enamored with. I get it, they are still a young team and it will depend on how willing they are to let LeBron dictate some demands but if they have the cap space and others have already stated their interest for the Lakers, what makes you think LeBron wouldn't be interested? Lakers have a lot of flexibility, here. They can trade Lonzo if this thing goes bust.. trade Ingram if he hasn't developed the way they expected.. package Deng and Clarkson along with young talent to get rid of cap.. Lots of moves to be made.

3) My point is, Cavs aren't going to beat the Warriors in the future as it is with the current contracts in-place. LeBron got Cleveland that ring and he seems to be assured that Cleveland has appreciated him for doing that. I would be more surprised that he stays than leaves, assuming they don't win.

I don't know, man. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. LeBron was noticeably more mellow and cool/collected in the 2017 finals loss than every other finals loss in his career. Word is that he feels he gave his all and his teammates feel that GS had to recruit KD to beat them. The deck was stacked against them - no shame in losing to such a team.

LeBron saw the writing on the wall even before the finals. He said he has nothing left to prove. He's not giving up, but he's acknowledging the fact that he's headed into the twilight of his career. If he doesn't get anymore rings - oh well. He showed that it takes an Olympic-like team to take him down, so why be down about it? His heart is in NE Ohio, and so I wouldn't be shocked if the rumors of him wanting his son to go to St. Vincent St. Mary high school are true. If LeBron James Jr goes to SVSM, then no way LeBron will be living in LA while his son is living in Cleveland. His son favors the Cavs over other teams (creates his own player in NBA2k and has him play with the Cavs).

To quote a cupcake:

"I got him staying in Cleveland,”

Durant continued that he’s told LeBron as much.

“I, personally, always said he was staying,” Durant said. “I told him this. Ask me, I think he’s gonna end it in Cleveland. That’s his crib now. He runs it. And I’m sure he’s going to turn that into something mega when he’s done. He’s gonna do something in Cleveland.”

Additionally, Durant sees the Nets pick the Cavs just acquired as a potential clue. He says that if the Cavs trade the pick, it’s a sign Cleveland has received a commitment from James.

“If they trade the pick, they know he’s staying,” he said.

It's not as cut-and-dry as people want it to be, ESPECIALLY if the Cavs are in fact willing to deal the Brooklyn pick for an all-star to keep the Cavs atop the East and challenging Golden State.

Vee-Rex
09-12-2017, 02:49 PM

As long as it's someone good then I'd probably be okay with it. Don't trade it for Marc Gasol or Carmelo Anthony or Paul Millsap (all-stars).

DeMarcus Cousins is interesting, but I'm hesitant on him mainly because he's on a contract year. The worst case scenario as a fan of the team is scary bad:

DMC walks
LeBron walks
IT walks
Brooklyn pick is gone
Kyrie is gone

That would be 5 HUGE PIECES gone within one year. That would be catastrophic and extremely poor management - certainly the GM would be worth firing for that.

At least if we kept the Brooklyn pick, we'd have a shot at some top-end talent in the draft. Porter and Bagley look like they could end up as franchise players.

Now, I would definitely think about trading for Cousins if he (or LeBron, but that probably ain't happening) agrees to an extension. Paul George can agree to opt in on the final year of his contract if he is traded to the Cavs, etc... there would have to be SOME kind of assurance of having the asset last for more than a half-year rental, even if a formal extension is not actually made.

That's my take on it - at the end of the day, I won't be mad if we traded it for Cousins. We'd see how the year play out and go from there and hopefully re-sign our major pieces.

JOSKOMANG4
09-12-2017, 04:23 PM
Without having to trade a 1st; thoughts about Cousins, Hill, Moore to Wizards for Beal, Gortat, and Obrue?

WAS: Cousins/Morris/Porter/Bogs/Wall
B: Smith, Hill, Moore, Satorsky, Frazier

NO: Gortat/Davis/Obrue/Beal/Holiday
B: Asik, Diallo, Miller, Jackson,Rondo

FlashBolt
09-12-2017, 04:41 PM
I don't know, man. I'm just looking at the bigger picture. LeBron was noticeably more mellow and cool/collected in the 2017 finals loss than every other finals loss in his career. Word is that he feels he gave his all and his teammates feel that GS had to recruit KD to beat them. The deck was stacked against them - no shame in losing to such a team.

LeBron saw the writing on the wall even before the finals. He said he has nothing left to prove. He's not giving up, but he's acknowledging the fact that he's headed into the twilight of his career. If he doesn't get anymore rings - oh well. He showed that it takes an Olympic-like team to take him down, so why be down about it? His heart is in NE Ohio, and so I wouldn't be shocked if the rumors of him wanting his son to go to St. Vincent St. Mary high school are true. If LeBron James Jr goes to SVSM, then no way LeBron will be living in LA while his son is living in Cleveland. His son favors the Cavs over other teams (creates his own player in NBA2k and has him play with the Cavs).

To quote a cupcake:

It's not as cut-and-dry as people want it to be, ESPECIALLY if the Cavs are in fact willing to deal the Brooklyn pick for an all-star to keep the Cavs atop the East and challenging Golden State.

Meh, I'm not going to focus on the miniscule objectives such as his son playing as a Cleveland Cavailers in NBA 2k or where is heart is.. I think he's past that. If you're a Cleveland Cavs fan or Ohio resident and hate on LeBron for leaving again, you are just unreasonable. I get the sense that most Cleveland fans are going to respect his decision and want to see LeBron achieve greatness wherever he goes.

As for KD's quote, it honestly proves my point. Cavs are hesistant in making a trade with the pick presicely because they don't have a high confidence that LeBron resigns. The only reason they even asked and looked for a pick was because of LeBron's uncertainty. If LeBron truly wanted to stay with the Cavs beyond this season, he would tell the Cavs management to make some moves with the pick and if they can get someone who he believes will help them win for future years, that he would resign. I don't think that happens but if it does, then that is assurance LeBron would actually stay.. when he tells them he will.

j-bay
09-12-2017, 04:50 PM
Without having to trade a 1st; thoughts about Cousins, Hill, Moore to Wizards for Beal, Gortat, and Obrue?

WAS: Cousins/Morris/Porter/Bogs/Wall
B: Smith, Hill, Moore, Satorsky, Frazier

NO: Gortat/Davis/Obrue/Beal/Holiday
B: Asik, Diallo, Miller, Jackson,Rondo

We arn't trading Beal! I keep on hearing this idea because we need to trim space. All we have to do is trade Mahinmi and a 1st then trade Gortat. Someone will take that 1st.

Sssmush
09-12-2017, 05:13 PM

To quote a cupcake:

Yes. Lebron runs things in Cleveland and there is a huge level of fan loyalty for him there. And he's not all kissy kissy Jerry Jones with Gilbert but they have proven they can work together and probably that's more comfortable. As opposed to say having to deal with Jeannie Buss over the top gushing and waving to Lebron from the stands during games, and Magic Johnson trying to be all involved and wrestle for personnel control, and Kobe thru Pelinka always lurking like the phantom menace.

I mean the problem with the blank slate theory of "LA has cap and lifestyle" is really that Magic is there, sucking the air out of every conversation. Whereas in reality Lebron has become much bigger than Magic and ultimately a much greater and more complete NBA legend and spokesman than Magic, even than Jordan really because Jordan had the baseball and the gambling wild debauchery rumours for years and years.

Lebron is totally clean and is a magnificent ambassador for the game. I could even envision Lebron getting a law degree and running for president some day, like 2024, with Taylor Swift as his running mate, and winning.

Listened to First Take yesterday, new Clippers consultant Jerry West was on. Nothing said, but obviously it seems like the Clippers would be a better draw than the Lakers right now, because they got Ballmer and West while the Lakers feel to claustrophobic with all their layers of nepotism and weird close-knit family inside politics.

But yeah Cleveland has to be a huge favorite. And if Lebron is intent on doing something different that is big and legendary, it wouldnt be joining a bought team in LA, it would be ressurrecting the Knicks

Sssmush
09-12-2017, 05:15 PM
Of course if Lavarr Ballz speaks it into existence that changes things

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 05:41 PM
All the Wizards would have to do is trade Mahinmi and a first then Gortat. They don't have to get rid of Beal

Wall
Beal
Porter
Morris
Cousins

Why aren't Deng and Ryan Anderson being dumped using 1st if it's that easy? Both better players.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 05:51 PM
As long as it's someone good then I'd probably be okay with it. Don't trade it for Marc Gasol or Carmelo Anthony or Paul Millsap (all-stars).

DeMarcus Cousins is interesting, but I'm hesitant on him mainly because he's on a contract year. The worst case scenario as a fan of the team is scary bad:

DMC walks
LeBron walks
IT walks
Brooklyn pick is gone
Kyrie is gone

That would be 5 HUGE PIECES gone within one year. That would be catastrophic and extremely poor management - certainly the GM would be worth firing for that.

At least if we kept the Brooklyn pick, we'd have a shot at some top-end talent in the draft. Porter and Bagley look like they could end up as franchise players.

Now, I would definitely think about trading for Cousins if he (or LeBron, but that probably ain't happening) agrees to an extension. Paul George can agree to opt in on the final year of his contract if he is traded to the Cavs, etc... there would have to be SOME kind of assurance of having the asset last for more than a half-year rental, even if a formal extension is not actually made.

That's my take on it - at the end of the day, I won't be mad if we traded it for Cousins. We'd see how the year play out and go from there and hopefully re-sign our major pieces.

I agree and I hope you all do say **** it and go all in, I think that would actually make LeBron want to stay more. Not to mention me and Wade will likely be a part of Cavs Nation in the coming months lol.

j-bay
09-12-2017, 06:59 PM
Why aren't Deng and Ryan Anderson being dumped using 1st if it's that easy? Both better players.

Have no clue about Anderson bulut the Lakers can't give up another 1st. Not if they wanted to add a key piece if Lebron is coming

Sssmush
09-12-2017, 08:41 PM
Have no clue about Anderson bulut the Lakers can't give up another 1st. Not if they wanted to add a key piece if Lebron is coming

Like I said, I wouldn't waste a lot of time worrying about Lebron coming to the Lakers. But hey if you find some excitement there go for it, you never know you might be Right

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 08:57 PM

Rumors are teams want 2 1st for Anderson and he's actually a solid piece and fits the current day NBA. Rockets are actually better with him than without although they would be better with Melo. Not sure Mahimi or even Gortat at this point move the needle and they're both worse than Anderson. It's going to take more than a 1st to dump them, may even have to include Oubre.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 10:37 PM
Another reason I think the Cavs should trade the pick for an all star at the deadline is because I don't think the Celtics are done either. I could actually see them in a bidding war for Cousins at the deadline if the Pelicans suck.

prodigy
09-13-2017, 09:15 AM
He can also build a better team and/or the banana boat team in LA. Thats why I think you guys have to trade the pick for an all star to make it even harder for him to leave. Have to bring Wade in post buyout as well.

I agree and disagree. first off Lebron won't build anything. He WILL NOT go somewhere with the chance of building a team. The Lakers will have to build the team first. If lonzo and imgram look great this year, and they can dumb the cap to sign Westbrook, George and some good bench guys while still having the max to sign Lebron yes he may consider that. Although i have many questions about how that team would even work together with subpar shooters. Point is though thats a lot of question marks. Westbrook would be leaving lots of money.

WaDe03
09-13-2017, 09:17 AM
I agree and disagree. first off Lebron won't build anything. He WILL NOT go somewhere with the chance of building a team. The Lakers will have to build the team first. If lonzo and imgram look great this year, and they can dumb the cap to sign Westbrook, George and some good bench guys while still having the max to sign Lebron yes he may consider that. Although i have many questions about how that team would even work together with subpar shooters. Point is though thats a lot of question marks. Westbrook would be leaving lots of money.

I'm sure if those 3 guys are interested in joining LA they will be talking to each other trying to figure out a way to get it to work.

prodigy
09-13-2017, 09:22 AM
I'm sure if those 3 guys are interested in joining LA they will be talking to each other trying to figure out a way to get it to work.

sure but Lebron will be the last piece to sign. Just like with the heat. ( Bosh joining wade)

Vinylman
09-13-2017, 11:44 AM

huh? you really don't understand the CBA and how it works... the lakers can buy a pick late in the first round of the next two years and that enables them to trade another pick even in 2019.

It is quite frankly the easiest work around issue in cap/roster management.

Vee-Rex
09-13-2017, 12:29 PM
Meh, I'm not going to focus on the miniscule objectives such as his son playing as a Cleveland Cavailers in NBA 2k or where is heart is.. I think he's past that. If you're a Cleveland Cavs fan or Ohio resident and hate on LeBron for leaving again, you are just unreasonable. I get the sense that most Cleveland fans are going to respect his decision and want to see LeBron achieve greatness wherever he goes.

I wouldn't be upset if he left again. I just want my GM/front office to be prepared for it.

As for KD's quote, it honestly proves my point. Cavs are hesistant in making a trade with the pick presicely because they don't have a high confidence that LeBron resigns. The only reason they even asked and looked for a pick was because of LeBron's uncertainty. If LeBron truly wanted to stay with the Cavs beyond this season, he would tell the Cavs management to make some moves with the pick and if they can get someone who he believes will help them win for future years, that he would resign. I don't think that happens but if it does, then that is assurance LeBron would actually stay.. when he tells them he will.

The Cavs are just being smart about it. There aren't many options out there right now, despite the stuff about DMC. The Cavs would rather wait until around the deadline to see the players available. They may also have a better idea as to where they'll be in the future.

LeBron would be an idiot to guarantee he's staying or leaving right now. Maybe he'll provide hints towards the deadline, particularly if a superstar-level player is available and could tip the scales a bit. Just because the Cavs are hesitant on trading the pick right now doesn't mean LeBron is telling him he is gone. If that were the case they wouldn't even be examining offers for it at all and would've probably taken another pick instead of Isaiah Thomas back in that trade.

They are HOPEFUL LeBron stays (which indicates he hasn't told them he's leaving or anything) but are planning to be ready in case he leaves.

hugepatsfan
09-13-2017, 12:36 PM
It's important to note also that the draft happens before FA. CLE could conceivably make the BRK pick and then put trades in place contingent on Lebron re-signing. It doesn't have to be moved now or even at the deadline.

Next offseason Klay Thompson would be heading into the final year of his deal for example. Let's say GS decides they don't want to pay the tax. So instead they trade him... CLE can offer that BRK pick then. That's probably not the best example because I doubt GS would want to trade him to their most direct competition. But you get the point. Inevitably there will be some star player available via trade at the draft next year and CLE could make an offer then, which would still come before Lebron's decision.

If they go that route though there is the risk that he becomes annoyed beyond the point of return I guess. If they "punt" on improving this year he might just get so pissed off that he leaves even with a trade proposal on the table for next year.

Sssmush
09-13-2017, 01:10 PM

Yeah, and then at that point Jeannie would have to decide for real, which they haven't actually had to do yet, if they want to tie up a billion dollars in salaries and tax to win or almost win a magical title for Magic

Sssmush
09-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Like they've been able to cruise along with a very reasonable salary structure the past 5-10 years and still claim or maintain that Jerry Buss sky's the limit pay anything to win reputation. But it puts it to the test in this era of $200M+ contracts and super tax. And again that is if if if

Sssmush
09-13-2017, 01:14 PM
... So you're saying there's a chance...

Sssmush
09-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Like they've been able to cruise along with a very reasonable salary structure the past 5-10 years and still claim or maintain that Jerry Buss sky's the limit pay anything to win reputation. But it puts it to the test in this era of $200M+ contracts and super tax. And again that is if if if

Again this gets back to emotionally trading away D'Angelo, who loved being a Laker and was a cost controlled rookie asset. Like it might have felt good to throw him out the door and say F-you to Jim and Mitch, but all you got back was raw cap space. Which can only be used on max deals etc.

Actually in a way it protects their budget, because if they kept Dangelo, Ingram and Randle and THEN brought in Lebron and one or two other maxes then you could REALLY go way over the cap in two years when you pay the young core.

But yeah if you clear capspace and fill to the salary cap with free agents, then you will probably only go over $10-$20m unless you super max extend 3 superstars + re-sign Ingram Ball and maybe Randle. **** Nance may end up being a $15m a year guy sooner than later. And just forget KCP and Lopez, unless nobody's coming and you have to beg those dudes to stay and pay them max dollars max years

Sssmush
09-13-2017, 06:01 PM
Lopez / rookie center
Ingram / Kuzma / Deng till he's traded at cost of a 1st
Randle/Nance
KCP / Clarkson
Ball / Hart / veteran PG

That's the team

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-14-2017, 08:57 AM
Lopez / rookie center
Ingram / Kuzma / Deng till he's traded at cost of a 1st
Randle/Nance
KCP / Clarkson
Ball / Hart / veteran PG

That's the team

That's good enough for another 3 years of tanking.