PDA

View Full Version : The Insanity of Team Fandom

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 02:15 PM
I realize I am going to get killed for this thread, because I'm in affect calling out 99% of the people on this board. But I'm not trying to call out anyone, just give a different perspective on why I prefer to root for players rather than teams. It has nothing to do with bandwagon bs.

Before I start, I wanted to take a different approach...

Jesus always used parables to show likeness in situations. He'd compare people to mustard seeds, and sheep, and it made perfect sense and will be a lot farther apart in likeness than the comparisons I will make. It will be the best way for you to see my point of view.

for example...

Jesus Explains The Parable of The Good And Bad Seed Sown In The Field
“The one sowing the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 And the field is the world. And the good seed— these are the sons of [aa] the kingdom. And the darnel are the sons of the evil one. 39 And the enemy having sown them is the devil. And the harvest is the conclusion of the age. And the harvesters are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the darnel is collected and burned up with fire, so it will be at the conclusion of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will collect out of His kingdom all the causes-of-falling and the ones doing lawlessness. 42 And they will throw them into the furnace of [ab] fire. In that place, there will be the weeping and the grinding of teeth. 43 Then the righteous ones will shine-forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let the one having ears, hear.
#inbeforesomeonesaysIamtryingtocomparemyselftojesu s

SO LETS BEGIN!!!!

Player fan vs Team fan

Family Parable

The house represents the team, your brothers/sisters/parents represent the players. Can you just switch out your mom give the new lady the same last name and everything be all good? Same exact logic, and what is sad is that some people take there sports teams more serious than there families...sound like any of you?...my fee is $200 an hour. If you are pro Team in this parable you would have to be in a coma or heartless.

Race Parable

Race represents the team, the individual represents the player. Do you like a person because of the color of there skin(what team they are on) or do you like a person based off of how they represent themselves(what kind of a player you are). If you are pro team in this parable you are racist.

Political Parable

Party represents teams, Candidate represents player
Do you vote for your party no matter what(Team), or do you vote based on which person you feel would run the country better(player)? If you are pro team in this parable you are everything that is wrong with the political side of America.

In closing

Yes its different, but the way I feel as a person in the above categories and hundreds like it are strongly in favor of people and relationships. Strongly! Ive had homies stand back to back with me in a full leg cast about to get jumped by 20 dudes and stand tall. Thank God they decided not to whoop us but nevertheless, my boy could of ran like most would of but he had heart. Logos don't have heart. We are all products of our environment, and as I said, relationships and family and the heart you show as an individual means so much to me that I could never put a f------ logo above that. Just because its basketball doesn't mean I switch on a basic life principal.

There is nothing bandwagon about it. I ride with the player wherever, forever. Just like I would for my family or friends.

Its not about being the best. Admiral is my favorite player of all time by far. He's not the best...great player, but Shaq is better pretty easily. I'm not saying he is way better, but unquestionably 100% he is the better player. Furthermore I loved david in his old decrepit years as my favorite in the game when he was barely top 100 in the game. Gonna hate on me for liking KAT? WTF? I also love Wiggins and Kris Dunn? Am I a bandwagon fan for watching bulls games because I like "sorry a--" Kriss Dunn.

Bottom line, I am a people person. Many who are pro team understand it. For those who don't and confuse this with bandwagon, check yourself and take a look at your personal relationships and see if there is any correlation...

Vee-Rex
08-31-2017, 03:00 PM
I don't think anything is wrong with having favorite players eclipse having a favorite team.

When I was younger, my favorite player was Charles Barkley. I remember rooting for the Suns against the Bulls in the '93 finals (I was 6 years old).

I became a huge Kevin Garnett fan in the late '90s, and he became my favorite player of all time. I rooted for his teams and was really upset when the Wolves lost to the the Lakers in the WCF, I think in 2004?

And then finally Kyrie became my favorite player.

It wasn't until the late '90s (following MJ's dominance and Charles Barkley's retirement) that I became a full-fledged Cavs fan. Seeing guys like Bob Sura play in person (even though he sucked) brought excitement for me, as well as getting hyped about Andre Miller.

1999 is also when the Browns came back as an expansion team. I had always enjoyed playing sports in my youth, but the late '90s was where I became a die-hard fan just watching Cleveland sports.

And it sort of took off from there. Being a young black dude that grew up in practically every bad neighborhood in Cleveland - Hough area, Garden Valley, St. Clair, East Cleveland, Garfield Hts/E-131, before finally moving to the West side permanently - sorta carved out a deep attachment for the city to me. All the people I've connected with is attributes to it too. So for me, it became sorta a "Cleveland over everything" type of mindset and propels me to root for our sports teams over any individual player, even my favorites.

I get where you're coming from, though. I remember the 2008 NBA playoffs where it was the Cavs vs. Celtics. I was pulling for the Cavs, but I wasn't mad at KG getting some success. When the Celtics won it all I was happy for him and enjoyed every moment, especially that game 6 blowout. When you have a favorite player, you want them to be successful no matter where they are. I feel you on that for sure.

So in a weird way I'll be rooting for the Celtics again with Kyrie there. But despite liking Kyrie better than anyone on the Cavs, I'm all in for Cleveland whenever we square off against them.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 03:08 PM
I don't think anything is wrong with having favorite players eclipse having a favorite team.

When I was younger, my favorite player was Charles Barkley. I remember rooting for the Suns against the Bulls in the '93 finals (I was 6 years old).

I became a huge Kevin Garnett fan in the late '90s, and he became my favorite player of all time. I rooted for his teams and was really upset when the Wolves lost to the the Lakers in the WCF, I think in 2004?

And then finally Kyrie became my favorite player.

It wasn't until the late '90s (following MJ's dominance and Charles Barkley's retirement) that I became a full-fledged Cavs fan. Seeing guys like Bob Sura play in person (even though he sucked) brought excitement for me, as well as getting hyped about Andre Miller.

1999 is also when the Browns came back as an expansion team. I had always enjoyed playing sports in my youth, but the late '90s was where I became a die-hard fan just watching Cleveland sports.

And it sort of took off from there. Being a young black dude that grew up in practically every bad neighborhood in Cleveland - Hough area, Garden Valley, St. Clair, East Cleveland, Garfield Hts/E-131, before finally moving to the West side permanently - sorta carved out a deep attachment for the city to me. All the people I've connected with is attributes to it too. So for me, it became sorta a "Cleveland over everything" type of mindset and propels me to root for our sports teams over any individual player, even my favorites.

I get where you're coming from, though. I remember the 2008 NBA playoffs where it was the Cavs vs. Celtics. I was pulling for the Cavs, but I wasn't mad at KG getting some success. When the Celtics won it all I was happy for him and enjoyed every moment, especially that game 6 blowout. When you have a favorite player, you want them to be successful no matter where they are. I feel you on that for sure.

So in a weird way I'll be rooting for the Celtics again with Kyrie there. But despite liking Kyrie better than anyone on the Cavs, I'm all in for Cleveland whenever we square off against them.

lolol, I mean this is my exact mindset. I don't understand how we could have ever argued with this type of fan history in your background.

Heediot
08-31-2017, 03:25 PM
No worrie bro. I'm even worse. Bangdwagon and Flip Flopper. I change who I like by the day ahahaha. Better not to be attached to anyone as it keeps you more objective. If I had to choose right now, I would choose Kawhi just because of his demeanor, IQ, work ethic, and he lets his game do the talking.

eDush
09-01-2017, 05:20 AM
No worrie bro. I'm even worse. Bangdwagon and Flip Flopper. I change who I like by the day ahahaha. Better not to be attached to anyone as it keeps you more objective. If I had to choose right now, I would choose Kawhi just because of his demeanor, IQ, work ethic, and he lets his game do the talking.See...isn't it a relief to admit being a bandwagon fan? I root for players over teams sometimes and end up rooting for the teams that my favorite players play for. Fantasy plays a part of it but it goes beyond that. Players we idolize are the reason why many of us watch sports whether we as fans want to admit that publicly or not cause they are ashamed. I always admire Lebron for what he stands for besides being a great player. It's why I root for the Cavs during the playoffs until they faced my Dubs where I would root for Steph as I liked him much much more over Lebron because of his modesty and open kindness off the court but a deadly assassin on the court where he cannot be stopped. My favorite shoes to wear are the Curry 2 low chef that I have two pairs of. It's the greatest feeling cause my all time favorite player is wearing it :nod:

basch152
09-01-2017, 06:12 AM
Liking a player isn't being a bandwagon fan...

ewing
09-01-2017, 08:22 AM
I realize I am going to get killed for this thread, because I'm in affect calling out 99% of the people on this board. But I'm not trying to call out anyone, just give a different perspective on why I prefer to root for players rather than teams. It has nothing to do with bandwagon bs.

Jesus always used parables to show likeness in situations. He'd compare people to mustard seeds, and sheep, and it made perfect sense and will be a lot farther apart in likeness than the comparisons I will make. It will be the best way for you to see my point of view.

for example...

“The one sowing the good seed is the Son of Man. 38 And the field is the world. And the good seed— these are the sons of [aa] the kingdom. And the darnel are the sons of the evil one. 39 And the enemy having sown them is the devil. And the harvest is the conclusion of the age. And the harvesters are angels. 40 Therefore, just as the darnel is collected and burned up with fire, so it will be at the conclusion of the age. 41 The Son of Man will send out His angels, and they will collect out of His kingdom all the causes-of-falling and the ones doing lawlessness. 42 And they will throw them into the furnace of [ab] fire. In that place, there will be the weeping and the grinding of teeth. 43 Then the righteous ones will shine-forth like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. Let the one having ears, hear.

SO LETS BEGIN!!!!

Player fan vs Team fan

Family Parable

The house represents the team, your brothers/sisters/parents represent the players. Can you just switch out your mom give the new lady the same last name and everything be all good? Same exact logic, and what is sad is that some people take there sports teams more serious than there families...sound like any of you?...my fee is $200 an hour. If you are pro Team in this parable you would have to be in a coma or heartless.

Race Parable

Race represents the team, the individual represents the player. Do you like a person because of the color of there skin(what team they are on) or do you like a person based off of how they represent themselves(what kind of a player you are). If you are pro team in this parable you are racist.

Political Parable

Do you vote for your party no matter what(Team), or do you vote based on which person you feel would run the country better(player)? If you are pro team in this parable you are everything that is wrong with the political side of America.

In closing

Yes its different, but the way I feel as a person in the above categories and hundreds like it are strongly in favor of people and relationships. Strongly! Ive had homies stand back to back with me in a full leg cast about to get jumped by 20 dudes and stand tall. Thank God they decided not to whoop us but nevertheless, my boy could of ran like most would of but he had heart. Logos don't have heart. We are all products of our environment, and as I said, relationships and family and the heart you show as an individual means so much to me that I could never put a f------ logo above that. Just because its basketball doesn't mean I switch on a basic life principal.

There is nothing bandwagon about it. I ride with the player wherever, forever. Just like I would for my family or friends.

Its not about being the best. Admiral is my favorite player of all time by far. He's not the best...great player, but Shaq is better pretty easily. I'm not saying he is way better, but unquestionably 100% he is the better player. Furthermore I loved david in his old decrepit years as my favorite in the game when he was barely top 100 in the game. Gonna hate on me for liking KAT? WTF? I also love Wiggins and Kris Dunn? Am I a bandwagon fan for watching bulls games because I like "sorry a--" Kriss Dunn.

Bottom line, I am a people person. Many who are pro team understand it. For those who don't and confuse this with bandwagon, check yourself and take a look at your personal relationships and see if there is any correlation...

I root for teams b/c i like to see the relationship on the court. you switch out one player and that culture doesn't die it evolves. I'm not trying to call anyone out but I think those that root for players instead of teams are more self involved and may need spiritual guidance to better see there place in the universe (j/k hoops root for who you want)

Scoots
09-01-2017, 09:18 AM
I have a team that is my designated team. That team I'm going to watch all the games. But I love the game too, so I'm going to watch games for all of the teams and I will have favorite players all over the place. I don't tend to get too invested in wins and losses but rather how well my favorite players play.

IndyRealist
09-01-2017, 09:50 AM
I root for a team because I have a connection to that locality since I was born. I was rooting for that jersey before I could read the names on the back of them. Aside from Reggie Miller and Jeff Foster, my favorite players have not been on the Pacers. I was a HUGE Nick Van Exel fan, for instance. As I've gotten older and know more about statistics and analysis, I've become less a fan of individual players and more just appreciative of underrated ones.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2017, 10:00 AM
I have a team that is my designated team. That team I'm going to watch all the games. But I love the game too, so I'm going to watch games for all of the teams and I will have favorite players all over the place. I don't tend to get too invested in wins and losses but rather how well my favorite players play.

word for word how I am

Hawkeye15
09-01-2017, 10:00 AM
I root for a team because I have a connection to that locality since I was born. I was rooting for that jersey before I could read the names on the back of them. Aside from Reggie Miller and Jeff Foster, my favorite players have not been on the Pacers. I was a HUGE Nick Van Exel fan, for instance. As I've gotten older and know more about statistics and analysis, I've become less a fan of individual players and more just appreciative of underrated ones.

haha, odd

TheDish87
09-01-2017, 10:18 AM
bandwagon fans are the worst. have some pride in where you are from.

IndyRealist
09-01-2017, 10:32 AM
haha, odd

Yeah I know. But Jeff Foster is the one of the big reasons I got into analytics. How could a guy who put up so few counting stats be so highly regarded by everybody? Conversely, how could someone like Jermaine O'Neal who put up HUGE numbers and had a max contract yet analytics ranked him as mediocre? It really opened my eyes.

valade16
09-01-2017, 12:05 PM
I can see the appeal of rooting for players over teams... unless it's your hometown team.

I was born and raised in Portland, OR and the idea of being a basketball fan and not rooting for the Blazers is near sacrilege.

rhino17
09-01-2017, 12:19 PM
I've never understood to the rooting for multiple players or multiple cities angle.

I grew up in Houston, spent the majority of my life there, they represent a city that represents me, a city that I identify with. The city of Houston is/was a big part of my life and I can never form the emotional attachment to another cities franchise the way I could to a Houston franchise. Probably a reason I will never get into the NHL, despite living in Colorado for 9 years now, I still simply cannot do it. It's Houston, or its not "my team." Sure, I have players I enjoy watching (Westbrook, Jokic, Giannis, etc), my team always takes precedent over them.

TheDish87
09-01-2017, 12:50 PM
I've never understood to the rooting for multiple players or multiple cities angle.

I grew up in Houston, spent the majority of my life there, they represent a city that represents me, a city that I identify with. The city of Houston is/was a big part of my life and I can never form the emotional attachment to another cities franchise the way I could to a Houston franchise. Probably a reason I will never get into the NHL, despite living in Colorado for 9 years now, I still simply cannot do it. It's Houston, or its not "my team." Sure, I have players I enjoy watching (Westbrook, Jokic, Giannis, etc), my team always takes precedent over them.

well said. the one here in philly that gets me is we have a lot of Cowboys fan who are born and raised here and fans of our other 3 teams, including some of my friends. it is the ****ing worst and most annoying thing.

ewing
09-01-2017, 12:54 PM

that's b/c you have a soul

ManRam
09-01-2017, 12:56 PM

what if you don't have pride in where you're from? what if you're from a place that doesn't have pro sports teams? what if you grew up in multiple places? what if you move and find you like that new city more?

sports are entertainment. people should root for whatever the hell pleases them the most and people who get upset about that are weird.

like, i'm still a magic fan...but there's no real reason for me to be. i hate orlando. i don't live there. i won't ever live there. i have a lot of great memories of rooting for the team, but those memories don't change based on my rooting interests. i don't really like any of the players. the owners are dog ****. i don't really know why i care other than i've put so much effort into in my life and would like a payoff. that payoff isn't coming any time soon. why should i still be a fan? and why would any care if i weren't? these rules of fandom are so stupid.

TheDish87
09-01-2017, 01:07 PM
just the way myself and everyone i grew up with was raised, how most of this city as a whole was raised in fact, we are born die hards and thats what makes us one of the best fan bases in the country. there have obviously been some dark days being a Philly fan but it would never cross my mind to jump ship, ever.

but yea its tricky if you are born nowhere near a team so i get that exception and im not telling anyone what to do, just echoing how i feel about it and why.

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 01:34 PM
It's Wade over everything. You guys should be the same way until he retires.

KnicksorBust
09-01-2017, 01:48 PM
I love the OP and the premise of the thread. For me growing up in New Jersey it was easy to be a Knicks fan. They would really good in the 90s during my childhood and had a star player who played at Georgetown. Plus I could go to games with friends/family. I also value loyalty very highly as a human trait. The idea of giving up on the Knicks never even crossed my mind. Even during the disgusting controversies and year after year of embarrassing seasons.

The great question you raised to me is does a sports franchise deserve that undying loyalty from their fans? Especially if the owner is an *******, the GM sucks, and the players are terrible pieces of ****. I know how I have handled it in my own experience but I don't think that makes me right.

IKnowHoops
09-01-2017, 01:54 PM
what if you don't have pride in where you're from? what if you're from a place that doesn't have pro sports teams? what if you grew up in multiple places? what if you move and find you like that new city more?

sports are entertainment. people should root for whatever the hell pleases them the most and people who get upset about that are weird.

like, i'm still a magic fan...but there's no real reason for me to be. i hate orlando. i don't live there. i won't ever live there. i have a lot of great memories of rooting for the team, but those memories don't change based on my rooting interests. i don't really like any of the players. the owners are dog ****. i don't really know why i care other than i've put so much effort into in my life and would like a payoff. that payoff isn't coming any time soon. why should i still be a fan? and why would any care if i weren't? these rules of fandom are so stupid.

Agreed

Jamiecballer
09-01-2017, 02:55 PM
I feel like a lot of people who are fans but not of the home team came to the sport in their teens or later. Young fans usually have nothing more than parental influence to thank for their interest in the home team, or perhaps more aptly, lack of choice - the local team was the one whose game was on the TV every night.

That's it. It's not because "the team represents you". The local team does not represent you any more than any other one would. This generation will have wayyy more displaced fans than any previous one thats for sure.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
09-01-2017, 03:06 PM
I feel like a lot of people who are fans but not of the home team came to the sport in their teens or later. Young fans usually have nothing more than parental influence to thank for their interest in the home team, or perhaps more aptly, lack of choice - the local team was the one whose game was on the TV every night.

That's it. It's not because "the team represents you". The local team does not represent you any more than any other one would. This generation will have wayyy more displaced fans than any previous one thats for sure.

My favorite athletes of all time

Thurman Thomas
David Robinson
Roy Jones JR.
Felix Trinidad
Randy Moss
Barry Sanders
Lebron James
Adrian Peterson
Tim Hardaway

That's 30 years of athletes. I'm much more drawn to them than I am to a team. Maybe it's the constant changing of a team that gets me. I think no matter what age you start watching sports you find out what kind of fan you are when your favorite player leaves your favorite team. Whoever you cheer harder for gives you that answer.

valade16
09-01-2017, 03:06 PM
Yeah, as I said I was born and raised in Portland, OR and while everyone is a Blazers fan, when it comes to Football the fandom is all over the place. Of my friends I know:

3 Cowboys fans
a Colts fan
a Giants fan
a Titans fan
a Broncos fan
2 Packers fans
a Raiders fan

and I'm a 49ers fan. It really is all over the place.

europagnpilgrim
09-01-2017, 04:15 PM

for example...

SO LETS BEGIN!!!!

Player fan vs Team fan

Family Parable

Race Parable

Political Parable

In closing

Well I guess I am part of the so called elite who control the world, 1pct, I am not of that 99 percent you mention, if you can play you can play, it doesn't matter if you are political or not they are all in the same boat/team

It really comes down to if you can openly judge a player on his abilities and impact to his team on just that and not because you hear it over and over and over from others/media, for instance P Manning was seen as this cant do wrong and such a good guy and soon as he retires not even a week later it seems that a story came out about what he did in college to some female, he was like that always in his pro career but was protected by media because he gave them good and friendly interviews and was such the traditional nfl qb

Its a fine line between someone who is your favorite player and someone you actually know who the better player is, regardless of how brain clogged you can try and act, if Sam Cassell is your favorite player so be it but don't try to say he is a top 5 player or PG of all time, it just wont make the cut

if you don't like a certain player because he doesn't dress like you or act a certain way that doesn't put the guy you feel who does in a better light, the way these players dress these days like Russ Westbrook and others is not the way I would dress or promote but that doesn't affect my decision on how I feel about them as players, I feel that's what a lot of so called fans/observers do in this day and age

eDush
09-01-2017, 04:24 PM
bandwagon fans are the worst. have some pride in where you are from.What's worst is blindly root for teams regardless of what they do or have players you can never support like a Mixon for me. I will root for players cause of what they start for more than I will ever root for a team just cause I started out rooting for them. The OP reasoning makes sense to me but to each his own. If you choose to root for team over players, it's your freedom to do so as fans and I don't hate someone for it. Just know it's the players who drives the league and not the other way around unless you think having scrub replacements can provide the same excitement.
:fight:

valade16
09-01-2017, 04:40 PM

True as a generality, but not in all cases.

My father and brother are Cowboys fans, I am a 49ers fan. And I was a fan very young.

Jamiecballer
09-01-2017, 05:06 PM
I can see the appeal of rooting for players over teams... unless it's your hometown team.

I was born and raised in Portland, OR and the idea of being a basketball fan and not rooting for the Blazers is near sacrilege.I feel like I can relate to that last paragraph but the implications can work out in different ways. I'm from the Toronto area, I grew up with an intense dislike for the Leafs for precisely that reason, you were just expected to like them because everyone else did.

valade16
09-01-2017, 05:29 PM
I feel like I can relate to that last paragraph but the implications can work out in different ways. I'm from the Toronto area, I grew up with an intense dislike for the Leafs for precisely that reason, you were just expected to like them because everyone else did.

Are you a big Hockey fan or have a different team? I can't imagine that going over well in Canada considering the enthusiasm for Hockey lol.

Jamiecballer
09-01-2017, 06:18 PM
Are you a big Hockey fan or have a different team? I can't imagine that going over well in Canada considering the enthusiasm for Hockey lol.It doesn't interest me all that much anymore but that has as much to do with the leagues ridiculous handling of player safety as much as anything.

Green_Monster
09-01-2017, 06:26 PM

This.

Big Zo
09-01-2017, 06:40 PM
Rooting for the home team is the way it was meant to be. Otherwise teams wouldn't bother using the name of the city to begin with. It's not the "Heat" it's the "Miami Heat." Of course if you don't have a home team, then choose whatever allegiance you want, but stick to it. Following players around seems like such a fangirl type thing to do.

JAZZNC
09-01-2017, 07:43 PM
I'm a guy who's invested in one team per sport. Given, I made horrible choices when I was a kid but I just don't see being a front runner and cheer for whoever is winning at the time. I always have had players I've rooted for unless they were playing against "my" team. For instance being a Wake Forest fan I always loved Duncan and then there are guys you just like to watch even if they aren't the best. I was always a big K-Mart fan and loved Ray Allen since his college days. And there is also the flip side where you can't stand a guy to the point of rooting against them. I never liked Doug Christie and hated KG and Pippen.

It is certainly an interesting discussion and being a fan is certainly a crazy thing....with some being far more insane that others haha!

hugepatsfan
09-01-2017, 07:53 PM
I'll never stop rooting for IT.

Jeffy25
09-01-2017, 08:03 PM
In basketball

I don't have a favorite team. I just have players I like and don't like.

In baseball

I love the Cardinals, and then have players I like and don't like. But the Cardinals are my main interest.

I literally do not care which NBA team wins the Finals. Grizzles, Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, Pelicans, Cavs, Warriors....whatever. I guess maybe Grizzles because I geographically live closer to them than any other team? Maybe?

If STL had a team, I'd root for them though.

Jeffy25
09-01-2017, 08:04 PM
Rooting for the home team is the way it was meant to be. Otherwise teams wouldn't bother using the name of the city to begin with. It's not the "Heat" it's the "Miami Heat." Of course if you don't have a home team, then choose whatever allegiance you want, but stick to it. Following players around seems like such a fangirl type thing to do.

Why do you have to pick a favorite team?

What if you just don't care about any teams in particular and just enjoy the sport?

Jeffy25
09-01-2017, 08:04 PM

What if where you are from doesn't have a team?

ewing
09-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Good for you. It sucks he went to a rival but I've always followed guys who left my team too. Seems some fans these days turn on there guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ewing
09-01-2017, 10:49 PM
What if where you are from doesn't have a team?

Move

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
09-02-2017, 01:57 AM

I hope he's healthy

Always loved him

He and Bron are going to work surprisingly well together...better than Baron and Kyrie.

The kind of player you want to root for.

mike_noodles
09-02-2017, 07:53 AM
I stopped reading as soon as you made it religious.

eDush
09-02-2017, 09:27 AM

I hope he's healthy

Always loved him

He and Bron are going to work surprisingly well together...better than Baron and Kyrie.

The kind of player you want to root for.Lebron had worked well with most players or he will find a way to make it work including with Kyrie, who couldn't work well with Dion and had a black eye to show for it :(

Jamiecballer
09-02-2017, 09:42 AM
I stopped reading as soon as you made it religious.Why? We use stories all the time to relate things

Jamiecballer
09-02-2017, 09:46 AM
I just wanted to chime in on players. If your guy leaves your team and goes somewhere else then go ahead, keep your eye on how he does. Amir Johnson defined raptors blue collar work ethic and I checked in frequently to see how he was faring in Boston. But if I become a Boston fan instead, that's where it gets lame.

eDush
09-02-2017, 10:22 AM
I just wanted to chime in on players. If your guy leaves your team and goes somewhere else then go ahead, keep your eye on how he does. Amir Johnson defined raptors blue collar work ethic and I checked in frequently to see how he was faring in Boston. But if I become a Boston fan instead, that's where it gets lame.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using TapatalkIf my Steph had left for Charlotte, I will be rooting for the Hornets due to my idol so does that make me a bandwagon fan as some think that is wrong and can only root for one team, your team. Maybe that's a diehard mentality but it's not mine nor most fans imo.
:no:

IKnowHoops
09-02-2017, 10:52 AM
I stopped reading as soon as you made it religious.

Keep reading, had nothing to do with religion

TheDish87
09-05-2017, 11:12 AM
What's worst is blindly root for teams regardless of what they do or have players you can never support like a Mixon for me. I will root for players cause of what they start for more than I will ever root for a team just cause I started out rooting for them. The OP reasoning makes sense to me but to each his own. If you choose to root for team over players, it's your freedom to do so as fans and I don't hate someone for it. Just know it's the players who drives the league and not the other way around unless you think having scrub replacements can provide the same excitement.
:fight:

oh please we all know you are a bandwagon fan.