PDA

View Full Version : Lebron goes into Altman's office....

j-bay
08-31-2017, 10:54 AM
He wants another player. What do you do....

Do you tell him
A.Sure lets go for one more championship, and destroy your future.

or
B.You tell Lebron to go **** himself for not being straight up with the Cavs on where they stand in the future, causing Kyrie to leave, and tell him this is what you got to work with, and we arn't trading the Bklyn pick to do it.

XshaqattackX
08-31-2017, 11:00 AM
It's his office now....

j-bay
08-31-2017, 11:01 AM
It's his office now....

For a year maybe.

FlashBolt
08-31-2017, 11:12 AM
LeBron gives your franchise hope to win a championship. Your future with Kyrie gets you hope to make the playoffs.. I'd take one year of LeBron over two years of Kyrie any day..

IndyRealist
08-31-2017, 12:09 PM
I mean, the Irving trade was about preparing for life post-Lebron. Irving said he didn't want to be in that picture, so they traded for parts that would be (the pick and Crowder, not Thomas).

Cal827
08-31-2017, 12:14 PM
B easily.... There's a ton of talent on that team now... Thomas/Irving are a Wash, and now they also have a pretty good 3/D guy who can help them run a system that would compete better with GS's line up. Lebron is also getting older, have to think of post-dominant Lebron (even if he does stay)

j-bay
08-31-2017, 12:28 PM
I mean, the Irving trade was about preparing for life post-Lebron. Irving said he didn't want to be in that picture, so they traded for parts that would be (the pick and Crowder, not Thomas).

Irving left because Lebron didn't want commit. Yes Irving probably leaves, but if Lebron comes out and says i want to stay, even though he won't, you probably still have at least one year of Kyrie as part of a championship run. Now its looking like 1 year of Thomas, and i'm willing to bet Lebron comes in the office and tells him to trade away the future when he probably has his foot out the door. I know people think he could stay, but how many times have we heard rumors about Lebron leaving his team for another on the final year of contract. Like i said where there is smoke, there is fire

Pierzynski4Prez
08-31-2017, 12:31 PM
Put a contract on the table. Max offer for max length.

If he signs, I'll shop the Brooklyn pick to get him another player immediately, which it should net a decent return.

If he doesn't sign, then tell him I am keeping the pick and drafting for the future.

Vee-Rex
08-31-2017, 12:34 PM
Tell LeBron to commit - if he does, trade the pick for a win-now piece. If he doesn't, keep the pick.

Very simple.

Some LeBron fans might not be happy with that because they're only LeBron fans (and not Cavs fans). But that approach makes the most sense for the franchise.

IndyRealist
08-31-2017, 12:41 PM
Irving left because Lebron didn't want commit. Yes Irving probably leaves, but if Lebron comes out and says i want to stay, even though he won't, you probably still have at least one year of Kyrie as part of a championship run. Now its looking like 1 year of Thomas, and i'm willing to bet Lebron comes in the office and tells him to trade away the future when he probably has his foot out the door. I know people think he could stay, but how many times have we heard rumors about Lebron leaving his team for another on the final year of contract. Like i said where there is smoke, there is fire

No, I agree with you. Lebron won't commit, so Irving wants out. There's very little chance that Lebron stays in Cleveland, so they're preparing to move on from Lebron. I doubt he has that kind of power in the organization anymore.

If Lebron signed long term, this is a completely different conversation. But he didn't.

europagnpilgrim
08-31-2017, 12:52 PM
If Lebron wont opt in for next year and seriously consider the super max beyond that then I would tell him and his posse to list me the top 2-3 teams he would consider joining and I would send out a public announcement to those teams to pony up and call it a day, I wouldn't trade that BK pick unless it got me a Anthony Davis/Towns type

XshaqattackX
08-31-2017, 12:57 PM
B: it's time to think about the future. They have the Brooklyn pick and it's difficult for them to do something similar to what Boston is doing (rebuilding and collecting star players) since the only asset they have is Tristan Thompson. Along with that, it makes it hard for them to add another star player with Lebron because of those same assets. If the cavs try to get a star from free agency next year it will be just as hard due to Lebron not committing.

All in all, yes the cavs should be thinking about the post-Lebron era.

A bold move is to trade Lebron to get lottery picks but that's if they go into full rebuild mode :)

Sorry if I sound all over the place

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 12:58 PM
Tell LeBron to commit - if he does, trade the pick for a win-now piece. If he doesn't, keep the pick.

Very simple.

Some LeBron fans might not be happy with that because they're only LeBron fans (and not Cavs fans). But that approach makes the most sense for the franchise.

I don't know why anyone would have a problem with it. Negotiate for yourself, I'd expect nothing less. But regardless if Bron leaves or stays, the smartest thing to do is to trade that pick for win now talent.

Vee-Rex
08-31-2017, 01:45 PM
I don't know why anyone would have a problem with it. Negotiate for yourself, I'd expect nothing less. But regardless if Bron leaves or stays, the smartest thing to do is to trade that pick for win now talent.

I wouldn't want to, unless it's for a player that would legitimately put us near the level of GS. Only two players I can think of that might do it that could be available are PG13 and Anthony Davis.

IT/Smith/George/Crowder/LeBron small-ball lineup would be nasty.

Anthony Davis would require an enormous haul because of his contract and PG13 would have to at least agree to opt-in for one more year.

IT/Smith/LeBron/Crowder/Davis lineup would be even more filthy. But Anthony Davis being available is far less likely. If he is, I'm not sure how many teams (other than Boston) can beat a package centered around Love/TT/Brooklyn pick. So at least we'd have that working for us.

Trading the Brk pick for someone like Deandre Jordan, DMC, Blake Griffin, Marc Gasol, etc... is gonna result in us still getting owned by GS, IMO.

Saddletramp
Doesn't Lebron have a No Trade Clause? Interesting to see if he waives it if he knows he's leaving. I bet he won't to try one last year but without Kyrie, I don't think they will.

You never know, though. Anything can happen.

Vinsanity115
To grow up a bit, 'spoiled' rings don't equal greatness

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wisdom Listens
08-31-2017, 02:01 PM
Opened this thread expecting an epic joke. Leaving disappointed.

Wrigheyes4MVP
08-31-2017, 02:06 PM

Do you tell him

or
B.You tell Lebron to go **** himself for not being straight up with the Cavs on where they stand in the future, causing Kyrie to leave, and tell him this is what you got to work with, and we arn't trading the Bklyn pick to do it.

How about option C... you tell him that you are open to trading that pick if the value in return puts the team over the top.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't want to, unless it's for a player that would legitimately put us near the level of GS. Only two players I can think of that might do it that could be available are PG13 and Anthony Davis.

IT/Smith/George/Crowder/LeBron small-ball lineup would be nasty.

Anthony Davis would require an enormous haul because of his contract and PG13 would have to at least agree to opt-in for one more year.

IT/Smith/LeBron/Crowder/Davis lineup would be even more filthy. But Anthony Davis being available is far less likely. If he is, I'm not sure how many teams (other than Boston) can beat a package centered around Love/TT/Brooklyn pick. So at least we'd have that working for us.

Trading the Brk pick for someone like Deandre Jordan, DMC, Blake Griffin, Marc Gasol, etc... is gonna result in us still getting owned by GS, IMO.

For me DMC and Griffin get it done for me. And I'm talking the Brooklnpick + Shumpert + Miami 2020+ filler for Demarcus or Blake easily.

The chances that pick are as good as Griffin and DMC are mega slim.

The chances that the pick is good at a time when winning a ring is possible are none.

The last time Cleveland had 3 #1 picks in four years they were the worst team in the NBA pretty much every year.

Minnesota has been stockpiling high draft picks for about 12 year now with no playoff birth.

One year of Lebron is worth more than any future thought. lol. I know that is ridiculous for a Cavs fan to think, but you are guaranteed to be in the finals with him, and you are guaranteed to be in the lottery with out him. It is 100% really that simple. I came off as an a-- to Cavs fans with my remark, but that goes for every team in the NBA accept the Warriors and Spurs. But it goes s double for every team that is lottery without him last year. His presence alone will attract more good players than you could ever hope to hit on in the draft.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 02:41 PM
To grow up a bit, 'spoiled' rings don't equal greatness

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That meeting ends with you being jobless.

likemystylez
08-31-2017, 02:42 PM
Put a contract on the table. Max offer for max length.

If he signs, I'll shop the Brooklyn pick to get him another player immediately, which it should net a decent return.

If he doesn't sign, then tell him I am keeping the pick and drafting for the future.

THIS- put the move in lebrons hands

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 03:24 PM
Here is the funny thing guys...IF Lebron leaves, Cleveland is going to have more high picks than they know what to do with. You guys aren't thinking logically hear. Most likely when he leaves, if he leaves its going to be a sign and trade. They are going to have a ton of picks any way you slice it upon Lebron departure. But they are only going to be on the presuppose of winning a title so long as Bron IS there. So, while Bron IS there, play to win. Mad high picks are coming upon his departure and for years to come, and most likely, it will never be half as good as it was when Bron was there. Go ask Miami.

Heediot
08-31-2017, 03:31 PM

Marc Gasol might help. His range id getting better by the year. He's smart enough on d, and his post game can be capitalized on occasion. I know LeBron likes to play with stretch bigs and the Cavs don't post up as often as they should which may limit Marc. I just feel he's smart and savy enough to adapt. He is 32 though, so it may not be worth the BK pick.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 03:33 PM
This is the GOAT people, playing his most effortless basketball of his career, and still playing GOAT ball in the playoffs and finals. Don't let the Bron hate get your eye off the prize. And Cleveland fans, dont let the undercover Cleveland haters trick you into thinking not winning now is the answer in any scenario.

Scoots
08-31-2017, 05:46 PM

Or, if he doesn't, ask him where he wants to be traded to, or how much money he'll take to void his NTC.

More-Than-Most
08-31-2017, 06:43 PM
What i would do is this....

Tell Lebron to commit... If he does you trade the pick and get cousins or another player and go all in.... If he doesnt you say fine and hold the pick BUT you also go out and trade lebron for the kings ransom in some type of 3 team trade that Nets you several pieces and a player.

Lol in coming troll job from cavs front office... Trades lebron to boston for tatum/brown and a few more picks.

eDush
09-02-2017, 10:33 AM

Do you tell him

or

A all day long. This is Lebron's team...not the GM. It's a players league and will always be :nod:

eDush
09-02-2017, 10:36 AM
What i would do is this....

Tell Lebron to commit... If he does you trade the pick and get cousins or another player and go all in.... If he doesnt you say fine and hold the pick BUT you also go out and trade lebron for the kings ransom in some type of 3 team trade that Nets you several pieces and a player.

Lol in coming troll job from cavs front office... Trades lebron to boston for tatum/brown and a few more picks.To force Kyrie to leave again cause he wants his own team or did you forgot how all this started :facepalm:

prodigy
09-02-2017, 12:48 PM

Many people think its the other way around also. If Lebron leaves then why leave Cleveland? They drafted you, it'll be ur team, the fans know and love you etc... Durant said he feels lebron will stay. Irving might've also.

to answer the original post Koby tells Lebron wait until closer to all star break, I'll have you a 4th star.

prodigy
09-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Doesn't Lebron have a No Trade Clause? Interesting to see if he waives it if he knows he's leaving. I bet he won't to try one last year but without Kyrie, I don't think they will.

You never know, though. Anything can happen.

Kyries a really good player i love him. But i don't think losing him means cavs have no shot at all now. He's getting overrated some. Which is funny because i defended Irving so many times in these forums because everyone bashing him. (many celtics fans) LMAO!!

cheetos185
09-02-2017, 02:33 PM
This probably will be cavs last chance to go for another championship if trading bkn pick secures them one more than I think they should do it.

Jeffy25
09-02-2017, 04:24 PM
Bron left them high and dry once.

I wouldn't give him the keys to the car again.

We have a business and a franchise to run. We'll do what we can to build around you, but we have our eye on the future. We won't do anything that makes you less interested in being with the team next year.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
09-02-2017, 05:32 PM
Find out who the player is.

kobe4thewinbang
09-02-2017, 11:28 PM
It's not that black and white or restrictive. Irving wanted to be the man somewhere else.

Led by the freight train, LeBron James, the Cleveland Cavaliers need to try out I.T./LeBron/Love with Crowder as an x-factor kind of player. His defense easily helps them against the Warriors (their only real competition, although the Celtics should make for a good series). If they can acquire a Carmelo Anthony or Dwyane Wade, they should. Hopefully they mesh well and beat the Warriors.

By the trade deadline, if Kevin Love and Tristan Thompson are underwhelming, then GM Altman should look for deals. Thompson's performance in the Finals (being out-rebounded by Steph Curry) along with Kevin Love's have them on the block, no doubt. They should only trade that Nets pick if they get an irresistible offer that makes the team better on paper than with underwhelming Love & Thompson.

If they lose to the west's best (likely the Warriors, not guaranteed) then maybe LeBron stays. If they get word of his intentions, you trade him. That would be best for the Cavaliers and the fan base, given the rough history. Hard to judge LeBron. Not sure if he would be like Chris Paul whose arrival in Houston meant losing a lot of talent to the Clippers. We all know LeBron likes being fully stocked wherever he is; always been that way, especially as his career is getting closer to the end and he's less patient and more aware of the title hunt facts.

You don't play hard ball with LeBron now. He's not going to show his hand nor does he have reason to. The other 29 teams will take him if possible no matter what. Cavaliers have zero leverage and LeBron knows what he's doing. He definitely wants to take down the Warriors again. Y'all heard him. He'd rather miss the Finals than make them if it means defeat. Now, he probably appreciates the money and whatnot of 'being there' but I respect that feeling about defeat.

I really am more curious as to how LeBron feels about David Griffin being terminated, especially if rumors are true about Griffin acquiring Paul George/Jimmy Butler instead of I.T. & Crowder for Kyrie. Overall, Altman has played a smart hand by mortgaging for the future with some fail-safe maneuvers (Nets pick, I.T. on a new contract possibly, Crowder, ditching Kyrie who is not a winner as of yet other than making some big shots, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if he has the balls to trade Love and Thompson and even LeBron at some point. If LeBron leaves it's because of Gilbert.

eDush
09-03-2017, 07:34 AM
This probably will be cavs last chance to go for another championship if trading bkn pick secures them one more than I think they should do it.Weaker draft is a good reason too but if they do trade the pick, dump some of their garbage salary players and I can think of a few like bow top for one :nod:

Vinylman
09-03-2017, 03:30 PM
pretty simple imo

NO matter what Cleveland is going to be spun as the villain when LBJ leaves

Sit LBJ down... offer a max extension... if he says no you tell him they will dismantle the team and he won't even make the finals this coming year...

If he wants to finish the year in Cleveland... no problem...

If not ... tell us where you want to get traded and we will make it happen

So he gets religion quickly you trade Love before the season even starts for picks and expirings...

Teams need to change the dynamic with these blowhard players