PDA

View Full Version : Vecsey: Porzingis skipped exit meeting after being emasculated by Hornacek

mrblisterdundee
08-30-2017, 11:11 PM
Peter Vecsey reported that Knicks Coach Jeff Hornacek could be the real reason Porzingis skipped his exit meeting:

According to a report by Peter Vecsey, Hornacek rode Porzingis hard last season and their feud culminated in explosive fashion. Willy Hernangomez is Porzingis’ best friend on the team, and at one point, Hornacek reportedly cornered the Spanish big man and told him to tell Porzingis to stop “stop playing like a *****.” That led Porzingis to skip out on his exit interview and basically shut down any relationship with his head coach.
Vecsey does note that he’s heard Porzingis and Hornacek are back on speaking terms, either through text or through Hernangomez.
- Ryan Phillips, The Big Lead (http://thebiglead.com/2017/08/29/kristaps-porzingis-reportedly-skipped-exit-meeting-after-being-profanely-emasculated-by-jeff-hornacek/)

5ass
08-30-2017, 11:18 PM
wow get over it zingis. i expect better from him

JAZZNC
08-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Well Hornacek played with some extremely tough dudes and was coached by Jerry Sloan. It doesnt surprise me that he lit into Porz. Figured Porzingins would be a little thicker skinned than that....but this is the era of puss taters, so it's not a huge surprise he got butt hurt.

FlashBolt
08-30-2017, 11:56 PM
It's unfair to blame Porzingis on this considering the fact that this team was completely mental from the top-up. Why doesn't Hornacek speak out about Phil's terrible management? Dude is the real p**** for taking a job knowing damn well that Phil was being a complete moron and then he kept his mouth shut. And what a way to call your best player on the team. I hope this team receives a complete makeover from every level. How does no one want to play in NY...? Quite sad.

GiantsSwaGG
08-31-2017, 12:16 AM
Well Hornacek played with some extremely tough dudes and was coached by Jerry Sloan. It doesnt surprise me that he lit into Porz. Figured Porzingins would be a little thicker skinned than that....but this is the era of puss taters, so it's not a huge surprise he got butt hurt.

This

JAZZNC
08-31-2017, 01:22 AM
It's unfair to blame Porzingis on this considering the fact that this team was completely mental from the top-up. Why doesn't Hornacek speak out about Phil's terrible management? Dude is the real p**** for taking a job knowing damn well that Phil was being a complete moron and then he kept his mouth shut. And what a way to call your best player on the team. I hope this team receives a complete makeover from every level. How does no one want to play in NY...? Quite sad.

Pops lit into Duncan regularly. It's called being coachable.

More-Than-Most
08-31-2017, 01:29 AM
Its not about the era... all coaches do this... Pops went in on duncan and parker... it happens... This dude isnt even a top player and he cant take someone talking ****? If this is lebron/kobe/etc/etc they yea they deserve to feel some type of way but this dude needs to play stfu.

FlashBolt
08-31-2017, 02:08 AM
Maybe some of you guys don't understand how dysfunctional this NYK team is.

1) The coach is a joke. No one even knows why he is employed. He had one good season in Phoenix but has been losing in every other season. The guy was hired by Phil Jackson. Phil Jackson hasn't hired one good coach his entire lifetime.

2) It's not KP's fault this team had no direction. One second they're doing the triangle and the next, they're trying to trade Melo. One second Noah is playing, the next, he's on the bench looking stupid. The uncertainty on this team isn't KP's fault. He's a player and it's difficult to play as a young player when you're dealing with all this mess on a daily basis. Not a day went by that on bleacher report, some stupid nonsense was happening with the Knicks that KP had no part in.

3) Pop rips his players constantly but they have respect for Pop as a coach. Hornacek isn't a coach, sorry. The guy is goofy and looks lost in every play. He stands there pretending he will make adjustments and then all you see is Rose chucking up a shot while expecting Willy to grab every ORB. It's pathetic. No, seriously.. they just signed Hardaway Jr to an absurd contract so 100% you can bet Hornacek is going to have them chucking shots up with no system in-tact. You'd never see Tim miss a meeting. The fact a young star who isn't even established yet is disrespecting you at such a young age proves that Hornacek doesn't have control of the team.

4) The obvious issue with the Knicks is management. The fact you never hear a star want to play for the Knicks is downright criminal. It's a top five location and as a filthy rich athlete, you have access to everything. Yet, no one wants to touch it. It's not KP's fault, again. It's the management that continues making horrible decisions by putting incapable and unqualified individuals in charge and then expecting the players to excel under their horrendous scheme. Knicks aren't even a bad team but they play like they are because no one but a few actually care about winning. The last guy who was semi in-charge was Woodson and they fired him.. sad.

Heediot
08-31-2017, 06:01 AM
LOL, the Media has to stir **** up for real. After the Kyrie trade is complete another drama/rumor surfaces for the sheep to eat up. Personally, anything that comes from the media I doubt it until it's proven true.

Scoots
08-31-2017, 08:47 AM
To be fair, having watched KP play ... he did play soft a LOT.

ewing
08-31-2017, 08:57 AM
No one likes being called a ***** but that is a coaches job. He should have gone to the interview but so long as they can move passed it, its no big deal

omdigga
08-31-2017, 09:29 AM
not showing up to the exit interview was a ***** move though... you cant prove youre not a ***** by acting like a *****... you better than that KP!

Hawkeye15
08-31-2017, 09:33 AM

so, Porz acts like a little beotch, because he got called out for playing like a little beotch.

Fitting, and yep, this era of youngsters is ridiculous, whiny, mommy wipe my nose, sissies. And it's only going to get worse, because those same babies will have kids...

Hawkeye15
08-31-2017, 09:37 AM
Its not about the era... all coaches do this... Pops went in on duncan and parker... it happens... This dude isnt even a top player and he cant take someone talking ****? If this is lebron/kobe/etc/etc they yea they deserve to feel some type of way but this dude needs to play stfu.

it is about the era. Youngsters now can't handle criticism. They grow up in a "it's someone else's fault" world.

FlashBolt
08-31-2017, 11:09 AM
Isn't Jeff the real p**** for not telling KP himself? How much more p**** does it get than that?

hugepatsfan
08-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Isn't Jeff the real p**** for not telling KP himself? How much more p**** does it get than that?

Who's to say he wouldn't have told it to his face if KP showed up for the meeting?

FlashBolt
08-31-2017, 11:46 AM
Who's to say he wouldn't have told it to his face if KP showed up for the meeting?

"Hornacek reportedly told Willy Hernangomez to tell Porzingis "stop playing like a p---y," which caused the star big man to skip the exit meeting and, as Phillips wrote, "basically shut down any relationship with his head coach" at that time."

According to reports, KP didn't show up precisely because he was told Jeff told him to stop playing like a p****. Hornacek told Willy to tell KP.

warfelg
08-31-2017, 12:13 PM
I mean....he isn't wrong.

Hawkeye15
08-31-2017, 01:55 PM

he gave him the NBA equivalent of a code red

Jamiecballer
08-31-2017, 02:03 PM
not showing up to the exit interview was a ***** move though... you cant prove youre not a ***** by acting like a *****... you better than that KP!This!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Heediot
09-01-2017, 10:27 AM
Porzingis is looking sick vs. Serbia right now. Blocking things left and right, a huge throw down and a couple of treys. Only in the 2nd q.

warfelg
09-01-2017, 10:33 AM
Porzingis is looking sick vs. Serbia right now. Blocking things left and right, a huge throw down and a couple of treys. Only in the 2nd q.

Doing good in Euro-league is like scoring in an orgy. Doesn't really count.

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 10:37 AM
I don't believe it.

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Fake news.

Heediot
09-01-2017, 10:40 AM
Boban eating his lunch now. Too big, too strong.

Leftcoast_yg
09-02-2017, 04:45 AM
This
Sadly yes

Leftcoast_yg
09-02-2017, 04:47 AM
so, Porz acts like a little beotch, because he got called out for playing like a little beotch.

Fitting, and yep, this era of youngsters is ridiculous, whiny, mommy wipe my nose, sissies. And it's only going to get worse, because those same babies will have kids...

Facts!!!