PDA

View Full Version : Your Assessment of the Newly Looked 2017-18 Cleveland Cavaliers

LaVar Ball
08-30-2017, 01:37 PM
What do you think of their roster, their additions and subtractions, and what do you think their starting 5 is going to look like on most nights?

Roster:

1) LeBron James
2) Dwyane Wade
3) Isaiah Thomas
4) Jae Crowder
5) Kevin Love
6) Tristan Thompson
7) Derrick Rose
8) Jeff Green
9) Jose Calderon
10) Ante Zizic
11) Cedi Osman
12) JR Smith
13) Richard Jefferson
14) Channing Frye
15) Kyle Korver
16) Iman Shumpert
17) Kay Felder
18) Walter Tavares

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Good enough to win the Eastern Conference. And even though the addition of Crowder helps them against the Warriors, I don't think IT would be as effective as Kyrie was against them.

Oakmont_4
08-30-2017, 02:22 PM
I think they're better than last years version. If IT is healthy, no drop off there. Crowder is a perfect addition.

prodigy
08-30-2017, 02:25 PM
Good enough to win the Eastern Conference. And even though the addition of Crowder helps them against the Warriors, I don't think IT would be as effective as Kyrie was against them.

i don't believe Thomas will be as effective either although i do believe he will be solid. But Derrick Rose is the X factor here. If Rose healthy for the post season he has the athletic ability to defend curry and scoring ability to hurt the warriors. Curry can't defend him. not that Curry can cover Thomas but more difficult.

To the original post. saying Boston trade goes through and Thomas returns this season thats a very sharp team. Would prob win the ship in 4 or 5 games if the Warriors did not exist. Its gonna be a battle if both teams make it back to finals healthy.

ewing
08-30-2017, 02:26 PM
awful on D and fantastic on O. easy eastern conf champs if healthy.

prodigy
08-30-2017, 02:33 PM
awful on D and fantastic on O. easy eastern conf champs if healthy.

As we saw in the finals defense don't mean crap lol, kinda kidding. All about who can score the most. But i actually do believe the cavs defense will be better. Thomas and Irving are both bad defenders so u don't lose much there. But with some of the additions they should be better.

Dwayne Wade is figured to be on the team at some point. Cavs will prob look to add a HUGE piece at the trade deadline if they have good convos with lebron and feel he will stay. (Nets pick)

GREATNESS ONE
08-30-2017, 02:37 PM
Though I like Crowder, I don't like the loss of Kyrie. I still see them making the Finals but he path won't be as easy this year. Boston is better this year with Hayward and Kyrie.

valade16
08-30-2017, 02:43 PM
i don't believe Thomas will be as effective either although i do believe he will be solid. But Derrick Rose is the X factor here. If Rose healthy for the post season he has the athletic ability to defend curry and scoring ability to hurt the warriors. Curry can't defend him. not that Curry can cover Thomas but more difficult.

To the original post. saying Boston trade goes through and Thomas returns this season thats a very sharp team. Would prob win the ship in 4 or 5 games if the Warriors did not exist. Its gonna be a battle if both teams make it back to finals healthy.

He no longer has the ability to do either of those.

Vee-Rex
08-30-2017, 02:53 PM
Jefferson, Shumpert, Calderon, Felder, Tavares, and Frye are among those that could be traded or cut before the season starts.

We'll be evaluating Osman and Zizic in training camp to see what we have.

So the most likely lineup we'll be using at the start of the season should look something like:

Thomas/Rose
Smith/Korver
James/Crowder/Green
Love/Crowder/Green
Thompson/Zizic

Small-ball/fast/versatile lineups might look like:

Thomas/Smith/James/Crowder/Thompson

While outside shooting lineups might look like:

Thomas/Smith/Korver/James/Love

Obviously, we can mix-n-match based on the situation (Smith/Korver/James/Crowder/TT for example). But we do have better defensive flexibility just by adding Crowder.

The versatility is there, and it helps tremendously to have guys like TT and Love who can rebound while being at the head of certain lineups. I think we're also faster and more athletic with guys like Crowder and Green instead of Jefferson and Frye.

Not to mention that we may make more additions to bolster our depth, especially if Wade is bought out and if LeBron hints at committing if we trade the Brooklyn pick along with other pieces for another all-star talent (I'm strongly against trading that pick unless LeBron shows he's clearly gonna commit after we dangle it in trade rumors). There's not that many guys out there that would help, but it's an option that may become more clear the closer we get to the deadline (and teams look to get rid of players).

I'm waiting for this deal to go down. I'm hoping we can snag a heavily protected 1st from Ainge to help us find a decent point guard that can fit in with our Bron-ball style offense in case IT turns out to be a vegetable.

Edit: Crowder could very well start at some point for the Cavs, especially if we ship Stumpert out (and JR is our backup wing). But he probably wouldn't get the starting nod at the beginning of the season.

COOLbeans
08-30-2017, 03:00 PM
seems like a hodge podge of random guys. Their identity doesnt exude on paper. I like the players they brought in, and if Rose can be better than hes been then that's a great pickup.

Crowder and Thomas and especially Thomas has Always played tough against the Warriors, tougher than Kyrie imo, so if he can get healhty they can maybe win another game in the finals.

aman_13
08-30-2017, 03:12 PM
I think Rose and IT will give them that playmaking they lacked when LeBron sat last yr. They are better than last yr and should easily be in the finals again. Barring injuries of course.

So yeah, Cavs and Warriors again. Yaaay.

Hopper15
08-30-2017, 03:42 PM

Rose can't defend a chair let alone Steph Curry.

goingfor28
08-30-2017, 04:18 PM
Still easily the best team in the east

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

hugepatsfan
08-30-2017, 04:21 PM
They're one of the best teams ever assembled. Unfortunately they're still not even close to GS. who's just that good.

Jeffy25
08-30-2017, 04:37 PM
Better than last year if IT is healthy. Worse if he's not.

But the pick was the real value of that trade. They now have an option if Bron bolts in Free Agency, and don't have to have a 4-5 year rebuild, but maybe 1-2 years.

And if he stays, then they can use that pick to continue to build around him and extend IT. They made their difficult situation a much better situation.

GoferKing_
08-30-2017, 04:41 PM
So the deal went down? Or is it dead?

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Cousins would be a huge addition to this team for the Pick + Shump + Miami Pick + filler. Cavs got bodied in that game last year down low too. Green, zaza and Shaqtin overpowered Love and TT down low. The Cavs bringing in Demarcus would give the Cavs the big body advantage once again at least. Curry out rebounded TT in the finals for goodness sakes.

LaVar Ball
08-31-2017, 03:06 PM
Cousins would be a huge addition to this team for the Pick + Shump + Miami Pick + filler. Cavs got bodied in that game last year down low too. Green, zaza and Shaqtin overpowered Love and TT down low. The Cavs bringing in Demarcus would give the Cavs the big body advantage once again at least. Curry out rebounded TT in the finals for goodness sakes.

I think if NOLA struggles and are still a sub-.500 team with a starting 4/5 of Rondo, Jrue, Boogie and AD, then yes, I think NOLA strongly considers trading Boogie for what you presented.

IT, Love, Bron, Boogie, Crowder, JGreen, DRose. Damn

Hawkeye15
08-31-2017, 03:10 PM
they are better than last years team for sure. Irving is so overrated imo. Thomas is a slight downgrade, but Crowder is a huge get for them. RPM isn't the best way to measure a player, but Crowder is the best of the 3 in that respect. If IT can get/stay healthy, the Cavs are in a better position to at least put up an inkling of a fight against the mighty Warriors.

IKnowHoops
08-31-2017, 03:17 PM
they are better than last years team for sure. Irving is so overrated imo. Thomas is a slight downgrade, but Crowder is a huge get for them. RPM isn't the best way to measure a player, but Crowder is the best of the 3 in that respect. If IT can get/stay healthy, the Cavs are in a better position to at least put up an inkling of a fight against the mighty Warriors.

I agree as an individual he may be slightly a downgrade, but I think the team chemistry upgrade would make a Cleveland a better team if it was a straight up swap of IT and Kyrie if IT is 100% healthy.

Dade County
08-31-2017, 03:38 PM
What do you think of their roster, their additions and subtractions, and what do you think their starting 5 is going to look like on most nights?

Roster:

1) LeBron James
2) Isaiah Thomas
3) Jae Crowder
4) Kevin Love
5) Tristan Thompson
6) Derrick Rose
7) Jeff Green
8) Jose Calderon
9) Ante Zizic
10) Cedi Osman
11) JR Smith
12) Richard Jefferson
13) Channing Frye
14) Kyle Korver
15) Iman Shumpert
16) Kay Felder
17) Walter Tavares

68-71 wins

Might be Lbj last season with the Cav's, so I am thinking he will give them a special season. Also Lbj should be motivated by the whole Kyrie situation.

PAOboston
08-31-2017, 04:21 PM
I think they are kind of the same as last year if not worse (at least for the first half of the year with IT out of action). LeBron might cover a lot of that but their record might take a "hit" early on with IT out. Also, I don't see how they improved their biggest issue on defense. They might be drastically worse there with the additions of IT and Rose.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

prodigy
09-03-2017, 10:17 AM
He no longer has the ability to do either of those.

I disagree, if healthy he can. Thats a big If now.

Chronz
09-03-2017, 12:08 PM
One of the best teams in NBA history imo. Should win a game or 2 vs the dubs too :)

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 12:29 PM
I disagree, if healthy he can. Thats a big If now.

Feel like we've been hearing that for a decade now. Guys don't move the same after multiple knee injuries.

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 12:29 PM
So the deal went down? Or is it dead?

Celtics threw in a 2nd round pick. The deal is official.

prodigy
09-03-2017, 01:14 PM
Feel like we've been hearing that for a decade now. Guys don't move the same after multiple knee injuries.

Played solid last year and seemed healthy before the end there. He's been playing a lot this off-season with Lebron. But as i said IF he's healthy he can hang with Curry. Won't shut him down but can slow him a little and make him work on defense.

If Cavs do grab Wade like it seems they will, or run Thomas with Rose The Warriors can't hide Curry on defense. He'll be forced to play defense against very good weapons. Which of course you hope that will tire him out slightly so he's not draining half court three's in ur face the whole game lol.

prodigy
09-03-2017, 01:17 PM
I think they are kind of the same as last year if not worse (at least for the first half of the year with IT out of action). LeBron might cover a lot of that but their record might take a "hit" early on with IT out. Also, I don't see how they improved their biggest issue on defense. They might be drastically worse there with the additions of IT and Rose.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Cavs don't really care too much about their record. They will rest players and have everyone healthy and ready for post season like last season.

Cavs are def better on defense. Irving is a horrible defender. he might be slightly better than thomas because of height but thats really it. Crowder and Rose will both improve the defense also. Jeff's Greens height will be nice also.

da ThRONe
09-03-2017, 01:30 PM
Warrirors in Fo!

da ThRONe
09-03-2017, 01:45 PM
Cavs don't really care too much about their record. They will rest players and have everyone healthy and ready for post season like last season.

Cavs are def better on defense. Irving is a horrible defender. he might be slightly better than thomas because of height but thats really it. Crowder and Rose will both improve the defense also. Jeff's Greens height will be nice also.

The plan coming into last season was to rest James more and they couldn't because the team is bad without him on the court. Their likely to be worse this year without Irving.

LaVar Ball
09-03-2017, 04:04 PM
68-71 wins

Might be Lbj last season with the Cav's, so I am thinking he will give them a special season. Also Lbj should be motivated by the whole Kyrie situation.

What do you think Cleveland's starting 5 will look like?

Seem they have a logjam at that 3 spot with LBJ, Crowder and Jeff Green.

FlashBolt
09-03-2017, 06:46 PM
What do you think Cleveland's starting 5 will look like?

Seem they have a logjam at that 3 spot with LBJ, Crowder and Jeff Green.

LeBron SF
TT C
Love PF
Crowder SG/SF
IT. Rose if IT isn't healthy. PG

FlashBolt
09-03-2017, 06:48 PM
The plan coming into last season was to rest James more and they couldn't because the team is bad without him on the court. Their likely to be worse this year without Irving.

Incorrect. Cavs have a much better overall roster than last year. They have guys who can actually play minutes. James Jones/Felder and two others were waste of roster spots.

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 07:31 PM

This is why I think neither the Cavs nor Warriors will hit 70 wins. Once the playoff positioning they want is locked up, starters are going to get lots of rest. Mid 60s at best. They're looking at each other in June, not the rest of the league.

carlessyen
09-03-2017, 07:48 PM
What people aren't talking about how the Cavs are allowed to trade thier first now and how attractive 1st, 2nd, Frye, Kay,and Shump is going to look to a rebuilding team. not to mention those trade excemptions sitting there.

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 08:45 PM
What people aren't talking about how the Cavs are allowed to trade thier first now and how attractive 1st, 2nd, Frye, Kay,and Shump is going to look to a rebuilding team. not to mention those trade excemptions sitting there.

No one wants a 1st that's going to be 28-30. Teams actively trade those away for cash to save money.

prodigy
09-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Large part due to Irving. Kyrie was unable to step up when Lebron would rest. Also hurt that Lebrons backup was Jefferson lol. Having a deeper team will help big time )jeff green, rose, crowder etc...). Thomas is also a guy who has carried the Celtics quite abit last season so cavs believe he can take over when Lebron sits.

da ThRONe
09-04-2017, 11:21 AM
Large part due to Irving. Kyrie was unable to step up when Lebron would rest. Also hurt that Lebrons backup was Jefferson lol. Having a deeper team will help big time )jeff green, rose, crowder etc...). Thomas is also a guy who has carried the Celtics quite abit last season so cavs believe he can take over when Lebron sits.

And Thomas likely won't be ready until around the All-star break. And likely not in NBA shape with little to no chemistry. Rose will be an expected starter while Crowder and Green improve the overall depth some, but neither of those players are enough to replace what Irving gave them and even that wasn't enough to rest James properly.

da ThRONe
09-04-2017, 11:27 AM
Incorrect. Cavs have a much better overall roster than last year. They have guys who can actually play minutes. James Jones/Felder and two others were waste of roster spots.

Deeper yes, but overall talent takes a hit losing Irving and not being able to replace him with Thomas for months. And even then the likelihood IT is anywhere on last year's level coming back for a major hip injury is slim to none at least this year. Maybe I'd have more faith if Lue ran anything the resembled and actually offense and didn't rely so heavily on iso's for James and Irving and court spacing.

Balltime
09-04-2017, 12:31 PM
I think there will finally be a competitive series in the Eastern Conference playoffs finally. Celtics are improved while the Cavs are slightly declining.

LaVar Ball
09-04-2017, 12:48 PM
I think there will finally be a competitive series in the Eastern Conference playoffs finally. Celtics are improved while the Cavs are slightly declining.

Don't forget the Wiz

prodigy
09-04-2017, 01:25 PM
And Thomas likely won't be ready until around the All-star break. And likely not in NBA shape with little to no chemistry. Rose will be an expected starter while Crowder and Green improve the overall depth some, but neither of those players are enough to replace what Irving gave them and even that wasn't enough to rest James properly.

We have no idea the time table for Thomas we will see. But far as chemistry it will take a short time. remember if Thomas was 6'2 him and Irving would be the same basketball player. Lebron has also played with Kay Felder whos 5'9 so the height difference won't be a huge change either.

Irving didn't give much once lebron went to the sidelines. Its tough to replace Lebron thats why many feel he's the GOAT. Cavs are not done either i expect another move to be made soon, then again near all-star break. Don't forget Wade will Join the Cavs at some point. So having him in when Lebron sits will be very nice. Yes Wade is not what he once was, but still a good player.

Cavs are going to have a very packed roster when playoffs come around. They will be deeper then the Warriors, maybe by a lot. But Warriors got that 4 headed monster. I expect these teams to meet again and prob a 6 or 7 game series.

prodigy
09-04-2017, 01:27 PM
Deeper yes, but overall talent takes a hit losing Irving and not being able to replace him with Thomas for months. And even then the likelihood IT is anywhere on last year's level coming back for a major hip injury is slim to none at least this year. Maybe I'd have more faith if Lue ran anything the resembled and actually offense and didn't rely so heavily on iso's for James and Irving and court spacing.

Couldn't disagree more lol.

krazylegz
09-04-2017, 02:17 PM
offense will be the same...defense will be better with crowder and tavares

da ThRONe
09-04-2017, 03:43 PM
We have no idea the time table for Thomas we will see. But far as chemistry it will take a short time. remember if Thomas was 6'2 him and Irving would be the same basketball player. Lebron has also played with Kay Felder whos 5'9 so the height difference won't be a huge change either.

Irving didn't give much once lebron went to the sidelines. Its tough to replace Lebron thats why many feel he's the GOAT. Cavs are not done either i expect another move to be made soon, then again near all-star break. Don't forget Wade will Join the Cavs at some point. So having him in when Lebron sits will be very nice. Yes Wade is not what he once was, but still a good player.

Cavs are going to have a very packed roster when playoffs come around. They will be deeper then the Warriors, maybe by a lot. But Warriors got that 4 headed monster. I expect these teams to meet again and prob a 6 or 7 game series.

What does Felder and Thomas being the same height have anything to do with having chemistry with James?

Thomas and Irving are similar but certainly not the same. Irving ran ISO plays twice as much as Thomas(who is leaving a real coach) and play more of the ball. When the playoffs roll around 6'2 is a lot more difficult to contain than 5'9. The Cavs are good enough that they should still make the ECF with or without Thomas. Certainly if we assume IT is back and mostly 100% they are better than last year as a "team", but IMO still not a good matchup against the Warriors and they likely get swept this time around.

FlashBolt
09-04-2017, 08:45 PM

Even with IT's hip injury, look at what the Cavs lost and instead, gained. Cavs don't need Kyrie as much as Kyrie needed the Cavs. You can find players like Kyrie to pair with LeBron. Might not be as effective but when you have an overall improved roster the way Cavs did this season, it makes up for it. Derrick Rose is a significant improvement from Deron Williams. They got Jae Crowder - who is instantly the Cavs fourth best player. Overall, I like this new roster. I think they're capable of winning games without LeBron, to be honest. I'd like if Cavs ran more plays to K.Love this season.. see if you can boost his trade value.

bagwell368
09-05-2017, 06:18 AM
It's all about LBJ. If he's engaged (rumor has it they are shopping the Nets #1 pick they obtained). If that player is a real good fit with LBJ and Love, then the this year looks good, very good.

If they don't deal the pick, or the fit is meh, then LBJ is gone...

IT is a ball dominant scorer. He's not going to get the ball as much as last year. If his hip is an issue he may not do much.

Their bench is getting old, although an energy player like Crowder helps.

Peak? Duel with C's for 1st in the East, beat C's in ECF, lose to GS in 6.

Moderate? Make deal but IT hurt most of year, big 3 OK fit; C's get #1 seed, Cavs win in 6, lose to GS in 5

Poor? No trade of pick, or poor fit dealt for, every player knows LBJ is on way out of town, start playing shelfishly. IT hurt, C's get #1 seed, beat Cavs in 7, LBJ goes to LAL at end of season. C's lose to GS in 5.

CELTICS4LYFE
09-05-2017, 09:03 AM
I think they went from

1. LBJ
2. Kyrie
3. Love

To

1. LBJ
2. Love
3. IT

YAALREADYKNO
09-05-2017, 10:10 AM
Still not enough to dethrone the warriors. Warriors in 5 again

prodigy
09-05-2017, 10:46 AM
What does Felder and Thomas being the same height have anything to do with having chemistry with James?

?? did you not read what i posted before that? lol. Its not like Lebron and the cavs have a completely different style of player to work with. Thomas and Irving do a lot of the same things. So thats an easier transition then a PG who's the complete opposite of Irving. I only brought Height because they have experience passing to a smaller guy as well. Thats always nice.

Thomas and Irving are similar but certainly not the same. Irving ran ISO plays twice as much as Thomas(who is leaving a real coach) and play more of the ball. When the playoffs roll around 6'2 is a lot more difficult to contain than 5'9. The Cavs are good enough that they should still make the ECF with or without Thomas. Certainly if we assume IT is back and mostly 100% they are better than last year as a "team", but IMO still not a good matchup against the Warriors and they likely get swept this time around.

How is Lue not a real coach? thats ignorant and disrespectful. Lue has been highly praised by pop, Doc Rivers etc... He ran a system that was best fitting for the personal. Irving hates running plays, thats something Stevens will have to figure out. Lue will gladly adjust the offense to fit his players. thats what any coach at any level would/should do.

So they are better then last year but will lose worse then last year? lol not sure how u figure that. But once again this is not the cavs final roster.

prodigy
09-05-2017, 10:50 AM
Lebron and Love are 25-10 when Irving doesn't play. I love Kyrie, but its so funny to me everyone acting like he's the goat now. When before i had to defend him so many times in this sports forum.

Jamiecballer
09-05-2017, 10:57 AM
Lebron and Love are 25-10 when Irving doesn't play. I love Kyrie, but its so funny to me everyone acting like he's the goat now. When before i had to defend him so many times in this sports forum.And if the person replacing Irving in those games was George hill they'd be 35-0 am I right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

da ThRONe
09-05-2017, 11:09 AM
?? did you not read what i posted before that? lol. Its not like Lebron and the cavs have a completely different style of player to work with. Thomas and Irving do a lot of the same things. So thats an easier transition then a PG who's the complete opposite of Irving. I only brought Height because they have experience passing to a smaller guy as well. Thats always nice.

How is Lue not a real coach? thats ignorant and disrespectful. Lue has been highly praised by pop, Doc Rivers etc... He ran a system that was best fitting for the personal. Irving hates running plays, thats something Stevens will have to figure out. Lue will gladly adjust the offense to fit his players. thats what any coach at any level would/should do.

So they are better then last year but will lose worse then last year? lol not sure how u figure that. But once again this is not the cavs final roster.

You introduce Felder into the discussion. I'm simply asking how that has anything to do with my assertion that Thomas height makes him less of a threat than Irving?

If Thomas is close to 100% of last year I'd say overall Cleveland is better with the addition of Crowder. However Thomas is a bad matchup for GS and by virtue of that they don't even win a game against the Warriors. It's not a contradiction or an attempt to overvalue Irving.

prodigy
09-06-2017, 10:44 AM
And if the person replacing Irving in those games was George hill they'd be 35-0 am I right

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

35-0? no you are wrong lol.

WaDe03
09-06-2017, 10:57 AM
They look like they'll win the Eastern conference again. If/when they trade Shumpert/Frye/Net pick for Cousins and sign Wade all near the deadline they'll probably be the best team.

IT/Rose
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver
Love/Crowder
Cousins/TT

Or whatever lineup they roll with. I do feel like Rose may be the odd man out in the rotation come playoff time and they'll start the 2nd quarter with:

Wade
JR
Korver or Crowder
LeBron
TT

IndyRealist
09-06-2017, 11:22 AM
Lebron and Love are 25-10 when Irving doesn't play. I love Kyrie, but its so funny to me everyone acting like he's the goat now. When before i had to defend him so many times in this sports forum.

People think he is better than IT, and that Thomas benefitted from Boston's system. So they seem to think Irving will also see a jump in output due to the system in Boston. And Irving doesn't have a Love in Boston to detract from.

prodigy
09-06-2017, 01:19 PM
People think he is better than IT, and that Thomas benefitted from Boston's system. So they seem to think Irving will also see a jump in output due to the system in Boston. And Irving doesn't have a Love in Boston to detract from.

Irving saw a lot of man coverage with the cavs because of Lebron, Love and the 3 point shooters they have. Gordon's a good player but he scares nobody. So Irving will see a lot more double teams and traps also the other teams best defenders every night that would usually be on Lebron. He also hates running plays. I love Stevens and im sure he will control Irving. But it'll take some time.

I also believe Irving is better then IT, its not by much though.

WaDe03
09-06-2017, 04:52 PM
Sources tell me JR will move to the bench if/when Wade goes to Cleveland after his buyout and Wade will start.

prodigy
09-09-2017, 10:16 AM
Sources tell me JR will move to the bench if/when Wade goes to Cleveland after his buyout and Wade will start.

I don't think thats smart. I would love for Wade to run with the 2nd team since rose will be starting.

WaDe03
09-09-2017, 11:31 AM
I don't think thats smart. I would love for Wade to run with the 2nd team since rose will be starting.

IT may be back by the time Wade comes.

FlashBolt
09-09-2017, 12:41 PM
IT may be back by the time Wade comes.

Which is exactly why you want Wade in the 2nd unit. LeBron usually takes a break late 1st and comes back early 2nd with the 2nd unit.

Wade should finish the late 1st and play a few minutes with LeBron and then take his rest mid 2nd. I don't like the Cavs lack of focus on the defensive end, though. Rose, Calderon, IT, Wade. They picked up four of the worst defenders at the guard position.

Calderon's probably going to get very few minutes.
Rose will probably get IT's starting minutes but then it drops to around 26-30 minutes.
Wade will probably only get 26-30 minutes too, which makes sense for his age.

prodigy
09-09-2017, 01:39 PM
Which is exactly why you want Wade in the 2nd unit. LeBron usually takes a break late 1st and comes back early 2nd with the 2nd unit.

Wade should finish the late 1st and play a few minutes with LeBron and then take his rest mid 2nd. I don't like the Cavs lack of focus on the defensive end, though. Rose, Calderon, IT, Wade. They picked up four of the worst defenders at the guard position.

Calderon's probably going to get very few minutes.
Rose will probably get IT's starting minutes but then it drops to around 26-30 minutes.
Wade will probably only get 26-30 minutes too, which makes sense for his age.

you are also talking about guys who played on bad teams. Nobody plays defense on bad teams. not making excuses for them but i expect guys like Rose and wade to buckle down on defense playing on a contender.

FlashBolt
09-09-2017, 02:48 PM
you are also talking about guys who played on bad teams. Nobody plays defense on bad teams. not making excuses for them but i expect guys like Rose and wade to buckle down on defense playing on a contender.

Wade is 36 heading to next season. No one plays great defense at age 36 as a guard.

Rose doesn't play defense. Never did in Chicago, either.

There's a pattern that these guys don't play defense. if you're expecting them to, you'll be hugely disappointed.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-09-2017, 03:44 PM
Wade wants to start as well. Miami already said he'd be a bench player and they'd only would offer the $4.3M exemption they had left. Is JR Smith ready to give up his starting spot? Maybe, hard to say. They still got Shumpert yet as well but he's on trade block. They got Korver, Crowder and Rose and who knows all they got yet for guards and wings.

Then again Wade wouldn't start with Rockets either. Probably why he mentioned Lakers, Clippers are in the mix for his services yet as well. Wade should go to the Spurs. Don't they only got Green for a starter at SG? Kiwi at SF. Kinda shocked we haven't heard a peep about Aldridge unhappy with the Spurs yet. Thought for sure they'd try to move him before the season began.

prodigy
09-11-2017, 10:16 AM
Wade is 36 heading to next season. No one plays great defense at age 36 as a guard.

Rose doesn't play defense. Never did in Chicago, either.

There's a pattern that these guys don't play defense. if you're expecting them to, you'll be hugely disappointed.

Don't need Wade to play great defense lol. Just handle urself which in 25-30min on a championship contending team i have no doubt he could. Same thing with Rose, nobodies asking for them to shut down every offensive player lmao! Just hold ur own which i do believe both can do. Good team defense will help every player also. Which is something i would like to see the cavs work on anyways.

Also to MILLERHIGHLIFE. Jr is a bench player lol that was put in a starting role. He's not a guy who can demand a starting position.

WaDe03
09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
Don't need Wade to play great defense lol. Just handle urself which in 25-30min on a championship contending team i have no doubt he could. Same thing with Rose, nobodies asking for them to shut down every offensive player lmao! Just hold ur own which i do believe both can do. Good team defense will help every player also. Which is something i would like to see the cavs work on anyways.

Also to MILLERHIGHLIFE. Jr is a bench player lol that was put in a starting role. He's not a guy who can demand a starting position.

Wade locks up in the clutch. He will need to focus more on that end for the course of the game with a much lighter offensive burden on the Cavs though. I think he can give an efficient 15-4-4 and play solid defense on the Cavs enthralled he ability to take over games in the 4th or explode a game here or there if/when needed.

FlashBolt
09-11-2017, 08:03 PM

So you reply saying they didn't play defense because they were on bad teams but then say that they don't have to play great defense? Who's saying great? Wade can't even play good defense anymore.

Jeffy25
09-11-2017, 10:54 PM
It's all about LBJ. If he's engaged (rumor has it they are shopping the Nets #1 pick they obtained). If that player is a real good fit with LBJ and Love, then the this year looks good, very good.

If they don't deal the pick, or the fit is meh, then LBJ is gone...

IT is a ball dominant scorer. He's not going to get the ball as much as last year. If his hip is an issue he may not do much.

Their bench is getting old, although an energy player like Crowder helps.

Peak? Duel with C's for 1st in the East, beat C's in ECF, lose to GS in 6.

Moderate? Make deal but IT hurt most of year, big 3 OK fit; C's get #1 seed, Cavs win in 6, lose to GS in 5

Poor? No trade of pick, or poor fit dealt for, every player knows LBJ is on way out of town, start playing shelfishly. IT hurt, C's get #1 seed, beat Cavs in 7, LBJ goes to LAL at end of season. C's lose to GS in 5.

I agree with this assessment.

FlashBolt
09-12-2017, 12:13 AM
I agree with this assessment.

Your Celtics aren't getting a win vs the Warriors.

burtgummer
09-12-2017, 02:02 AM
Just what psd needed yet another new ignorant thread started by the Bron Bron fanboys

prodigy
09-12-2017, 08:53 AM
So you reply saying they didn't play defense because they were on bad teams but then say that they don't have to play great defense? Who's saying great? Wade can't even play good defense anymore.

You said great LMAO! read ur own posts. I dont see why he couldn't hold his own.

FlashBolt
09-12-2017, 01:12 PM
You said great LMAO! read ur own posts. I dont see why he couldn't hold his own.

I said no guard at age 36 can play great defense. When I said "who's saying great, he can't even play good defense", I am referring to the fact that Wade can't even play defense at this point. It's a response to the fact that you say Wade can still play defense on a team that gives him reason to. The guy doesn't play defense.. hasn't for years.

prodigy
09-12-2017, 01:40 PM
Cool, i just don't agree with you. on a contending team in limited minutes with a smaller offensive load he can and will play def. As i said nobodies expecting him to lock down Curry or Klay lol, but just hold his own so guys like Lebron, crowder, smith etc can get rest. He might be 36 but still a world class athlete.

FlashBolt
09-12-2017, 01:53 PM
Cool, i just don't agree with you. on a contending team in limited minutes with a smaller offensive load he can and will play def. As i said nobodies expecting him to lock down Curry or Klay lol, but just hold his own so guys like Lebron, crowder, smith etc can get rest. He might be 36 but still a world class athlete.

I'm talking about defense. What are you talking about? Lol.

WaDe03
09-12-2017, 01:54 PM

He will be motivated to play defense in the Finals so don't worry, he will do a fine job on Klay.

prodigy
09-13-2017, 09:25 AM
He will be motivated to play defense in the Finals so don't worry, he will do a fine job on Klay.

I got no worries i know Wade can.

LaVar Ball
09-27-2017, 12:32 PM
By adding D-Wade, what do you guys think now?

CELTICS4LYFE
09-28-2017, 11:48 AM
Kinda reminds me of '03 when Payton and Malone went to the Lakers looking for a Ring

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Leading Sports Media‏*@LeadingSports_ 3m
3 minutes ago

More
LeBron James considered Ďday to dayí after turning left ankle during Wednesday night's practice.....

FlashBolt
09-28-2017, 03:15 PM

He's had plenty of those. Usually something very minor and they want to just let it heal up before putting more pressure on it. I think it's actually a good thing that he's missing practice because that lets the other guys (Rose, Wade, Crowder) show more of what they can do at this point.

LeonFSU
09-28-2017, 03:24 PM
To me, Tristan Thompson has to rebound better against the Warriors (if they get there). He was not good in last year's Finals. If he plays like that again, I don't really think he's playable against them, but Love at center is not the answer.

FlashBolt
09-28-2017, 05:09 PM
To me, Tristan Thompson has to rebound better against the Warriors (if they get there). He was not good in last year's Finals. If he plays like that again, I don't really think he's playable against them, but Love at center is not the answer.

Tristan was a huge disappointment in last year's Finals. Especially considering he was a monster in the 16' Finals. I guess the Kardashian curse is real.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-28-2017, 06:06 PM
Package Thompson, Shumpert, Nets pick at trade deadline for Cousins if Pelicans nose dive or feel they may lose Cousin next summer. Maybe even eat Asik just to get it done.

FlashBolt
09-28-2017, 07:06 PM
Package Thompson, Shumpert, Nets pick at trade deadline for Cousins if Pelicans nose dive or feel they may lose Cousin next summer. Maybe even eat Asik just to get it done.

That actually seems like a lot for Cousins. When you look at what they gave up for him and that was for a year and a half contract remaining, I think Cavs might be able to get away with a Thompson+Shump+2nd round pick for Cousins. Thompson is a good complimentary piece for AD and Shump is still a capable player in the league. It all depends on what the Pelicans look like by midseason. Cavs shouldn't trade that 2018 1st rounder unless they're struggling hard. I'm not even sure Cousins makes them that much better. The delegating of shot possessions is going to rub some players off the wrong way.

IKnowHoops
09-29-2017, 12:59 AM

I wish they throw in two future firsts and just go all in with AD.

hugepatsfan
09-29-2017, 10:21 AM
I wish they throw in two future firsts and just go all in with AD.

One high pick, a couple of late 1sts and crappy salary filler won't get AD lmao

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 11:41 AM
One high pick, a couple of late 1sts and crappy salary filler won't get AD lmao

2018 1st round Brk pick
2018 1st round Cavs pick
2020 1st round Cavs pick
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Cedi Osman

all for Anthony Davis AND taking back Asik's contract.

IT/Rose
Wade/Smith
James/Korver
Crowder/Frye
Davis/Zizic

hugepatsfan
09-29-2017, 12:27 PM
2018 1st round Brk pick
2018 1st round Cavs pick
2020 1st round Cavs pick
Tristan Thompson
Kevin Love
Cedi Osman

all for Anthony Davis AND taking back Asik's contract.

IT/Rose
Wade/Smith
James/Korver
Crowder/Frye
Davis/Zizic

I don't believe CLE can trade their 2019 or 2020 pick because it will go to ATL potentially from the Korver deal. (Top 10 protected in 19 and then again in 2020, before they no longer have to give a 1st). And then because it could convey in 2020 they can't trade 2021 because that sets them up to trade away back to back years. So you have to update that 2020 pick to 2022.

A NO team trading away AD isn't gonna want Love. So he'd have to go to a 3rd team which is what CLE tried this year and couldn't get great offers. They almost pulled it off for PG13 because his value was so down but AD wouldn't be that type of scenario.

Thompson is a bad contract, especially for a rebuilding team. Getting rid of Asik to take him back doesn't do anything for a rebuilding team. If anything it hurts them because Asik at least preserves lottery odds better. Osman isn't any sort of blue chip trade piece and those CLE picks with such a great team are throw-ins at best. Maybe the 2022 pick could be decent but the NO GM who makes the deal won't care because he likely wouldn't last to use it.

You just threw all of CLE's assets up against the wall but do you realistically think other teams wouldn't top that offer for a transcendent player like AD? You don't think PHX with Josh Jackson and more high picks gets involved? BOS with Brown, Tatum, the Lakers/Kings pick? SAC with Fox, Hield, other young guys/picks? DEN with Murray, Harris, Barton, Hernangomez? DAL with Dennis Smith Jr. and probably at least one more lottery pick incoming? There's really just no reasonable scenario where that is the best package NO is offered for AD.

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 12:45 PM
I don't believe CLE can trade their 2019 or 2020 pick because it will go to ATL potentially from the Korver deal. (Top 10 protected in 19 and then again in 2020, before they no longer have to give a 1st). And then because it could convey in 2020 they can't trade 2021 because that sets them up to trade away back to back years. So you have to update that 2020 pick to 2022.

A NO team trading away AD isn't gonna want Love. So he'd have to go to a 3rd team which is what CLE tried this year and couldn't get great offers. They almost pulled it off for PG13 because his value was so down but AD wouldn't be that type of scenario.

Thompson is a bad contract, especially for a rebuilding team. Getting rid of Asik to take him back doesn't do anything for a rebuilding team. If anything it hurts them because Asik at least preserves lottery odds better. Osman isn't any sort of blue chip trade piece and those CLE picks with such a great team are throw-ins at best. Maybe the 2022 pick could be decent but the NO GM who makes the deal won't care because he likely wouldn't last to use it.

You just threw all of CLE's assets up against the wall but do you realistically think other teams wouldn't top that offer for a transcendent player like AD? You don't think PHX with Josh Jackson and more high picks gets involved? BOS with Brown, Tatum, the Lakers/Kings pick? SAC with Fox, Hield, other young guys/picks? DEN with Murray, Harris, Barton, Hernangomez? DAL with Dennis Smith Jr. and probably at least one more lottery pick incoming? There's really just no reasonable scenario where that is the best package NO is offered for AD.

I agree with you. I doubt NOLA takes that trade, and I'm sure they could find a better deal that gives them better potential at young player.

I just threw it up there for ***** and giggles. We've seen idiotic deals from GMs in the past, and in the very least if NOLA was looking to unload AD, they'd probably hesitate and think for a moment if presented with that offer.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2017, 12:46 PM
I'd trade that Nets pick in a jiffy. Way before teams see where Nets land. Yeah people here think Nets are top 3 lottery. I doubt it. Also 2018 draft is only top heavy of maybe top 4 or 5 picks if they all come out. Then major drop off. Easily Hawks, Bulls, Knicks top 3. Then toss in Lakers and Suns and Mavs and Kings and many other tankers like Pacers and Pistons and Magic. That Nets pick is fool's gold now in my opinion. Yeah lottery. Not top of the lottery. Middle of the road lottery like 6 through 10. That's not sexy in a possibly weak draft.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2017, 12:52 PM

Bucks could top Cavs offer for AD with two or three unprotected first round picks alternating years. Besides Middleton and Parker. Besides eat Asik.

Brogdon,Snell,Giannis,Maker,AD

Triple towers baby!

prodigy
09-29-2017, 02:16 PM
Cavs won't really go after AD, Sure they will ask i mean thats their job. But AD will cost to much in a trade and cavs prob don't have enough, but AD can be injury prone also. plus i think Cousins is more of a fit.

smith&wesson
09-29-2017, 02:23 PM
LBJ, Thomas, Love, Wade, Rose Crowder, T. Thompson, Korver, JR Smith Jeff Green

That's a pretty deep, and talented 10 man rotation that could push the warriors to 7 games possibly..

Aust
09-29-2017, 10:55 PM
If it works out, I could see Lebron staying. It will be interesting to see what they do with that Brooklyn pick. Pull the trigger at the right deal, or Lebron insurance..

JordansBulls
09-29-2017, 11:42 PM
Most loaded team in NBA History. They have 2 guys in there prime who won league mvp and one of them under 30 years of age. Another player who was top 5 who is still in there prime, another who is top 4 who is still in there prime as far as finishing in MVP voting and of course a finals mvp winner in Wade.

FlashBolt
09-30-2017, 12:00 AM
Cavs won't really go after AD, Sure they will ask i mean thats their job. But AD will cost to much in a trade and cavs prob don't have enough, but AD can be injury prone also. plus i think Cousins is more of a fit.

Cousins isn't more of a fit simply because Cavs have too many offensive weapons. That's why I think trading TT is probably a bad idea considering TT won't take any shots from anyone but will do the dirty work. Cavs need someone like Gobert or Marc Gasol. A guy like Draymond would work wonders, too.

IKnowHoops
09-30-2017, 12:47 AM
Cousins isn't more of a fit simply because Cavs have too many offensive weapons. That's why I think trading TT is probably a bad idea considering TT won't take any shots from anyone but will do the dirty work. Cavs need someone like Gobert or Marc Gasol. A guy like Draymond would work wonders, too.

I agree with the Gobert thought. I'd trade TT in a heartbeat for a versatile, efficient, semi-high-volume scorer at any position.

FlashBolt
09-30-2017, 12:57 AM
I think some of you guys are confused about fit vs being a better player. At what point do you make a trade? TT fits with the Cavs. He had a bad Finals last year but two years ago, he was a total beast. Cousins is indeed a much better player but he's going to demand the ball so much that I don't see how LeBron+Love+Wade+IT+Cousins can share it.. I mean, realistically, you have five guys who could each shoot 17 shots per game and now they're probably going to get like 12. I don't make that trade if I am the Cavs.. that pick next year might be a huge one. And it is no guarantee Cousins helps them win more than TT. If the guy doesn't get the ball, he's going to moan and throw a fit.. bad for a team trying to win.

IKnowHoops
09-30-2017, 01:03 AM
I think some of you guys are confused about fit vs being a better player. At what point do you make a trade? TT fits with the Cavs. He had a bad Finals last year but two years ago, he was a total beast. Cousins is indeed a much better player but he's going to demand the ball so much that I don't see how LeBron+Love+Wade+IT+Cousins can share it.. I mean, realistically, you have five guys who could each shoot 17 shots per game and now they're probably going to get like 12. I don't make that trade if I am the Cavs.. that pick next year might be a huge one. And it is no guarantee Cousins helps them win more than TT. If the guy doesn't get the ball, he's going to moan and throw a fit.. bad for a team trying to win.

I agree with you to an extent. I am in no hurry to get cousins because he can be the type of player that when he's not scoring, he's not helping. I want the Cavs to be extremely selective with who they bring in for that nets pick and change. That's why a guy like AD would be amazing because he impacts the game everywhere whether he is scoring or not. Having that size, speed, and motor is its own effect on the game.

prodigy
09-30-2017, 10:23 AM

Cousins is def a great fit. NOBODY on GS could even consider covering him. a complete mismatch. As for too many weapons, umm have you watched GS? great chance every game with them turns into a shoot out. you need a lot of offense.

Wade is 35-36 years old, I don't think wades gonna cry because hes not getting 20 shots. Lebron is just the man, if cavs win and he has 15+ assists and like 12-13 shots he's perfectly happy with that. Love has been the odd man out and never complains. So really the main guys are IT and cousins. IT is coming off an injury also. So i don't really agree with having to many weapons as if thats a bad thing.

WaDe03
09-30-2017, 03:57 PM
They're saying today the starting lineup until IT gets back may be:

Rose
Wade
LeBron
Crowder
Love

da ThRONe
09-30-2017, 09:41 PM
They're saying today the starting lineup until IT gets back may be:

Rose
Wade
LeBron
Crowder
Love

Replace James and this team is fighting for one of the last playoffs spot.

WaDe03
10-01-2017, 08:29 PM
Replace James and this team is fighting for one of the last playoffs spot.

With a healthy IT it isnt.

WaDe03
10-02-2017, 10:51 AM
They just confirmed Love will start at C and TT will come off the bench. They said this is due to Rose starting. I'm starting to think Wade will be in a bench role as well.

Crowder will start at the PF. Love now the best stretch 5 in the league IF this holds up.

IKnowHoops
10-02-2017, 11:31 AM
Rose
JR
Bron
Crowder
Love

Calderon
Wade
Shump
Green
TT

Until IT comes back, I'd roll something like this out. TT better beast out there against second team guys

WaDe03
10-02-2017, 11:49 AM
Rose
JR
Bron
Crowder
Love

Calderon
Wade
Shump
Green
TT

Until IT comes back, I'd roll something like this out. TT better beast out there against second team guys

Korver should get clock over Shump and Green. I feel they may have Wade run point with that 2nd unit and have Shump guard the PGs.

Wade
Korver
Shump
Green
TT

prodigy
10-03-2017, 10:53 AM
Korver should get clock over Shump and Green. I feel they may have Wade run point with that 2nd unit and have Shump guard the PGs.

Wade
Korver
Shump
Green
TT

agreed. Jose is just like a backup, backup. He won't see much time.

WaDe03
10-03-2017, 11:02 AM
agreed. Jose is just like a backup, backup. He won't see much time.

They said they ran Wade with the starters yesterday and then also played him with the 2nd unit as the PG. said he had 5 assists in the 2nd quarter and apparently him and Korver had good chemistry. I think they may have him at backup PG until IT comes back and then may move him to the starting lineup. Maybe this will help keep him fresh.

Rose/Wade
JR/Korver
LeBron/Shump
Crowder/Green
Love/TT

Then when IT returns

IT/Rose
Wade/JR
LeBron/Korver
Crowder/Shump or Green
Love/TT

I think those teams compliment each other better.

WaDe03
10-03-2017, 11:05 AM

Getting those 3 balls ready for the season. Starts 2 weeks from today!

FlashBolt
10-03-2017, 03:16 PM
Cousins is def a great fit. NOBODY on GS could even consider covering him. a complete mismatch. As for too many weapons, umm have you watched GS? great chance every game with them turns into a shoot out. you need a lot of offense.

Wade is 35-36 years old, I don't think wades gonna cry because hes not getting 20 shots. Lebron is just the man, if cavs win and he has 15+ assists and like 12-13 shots he's perfectly happy with that. Love has been the odd man out and never complains. So really the main guys are IT and cousins. IT is coming off an injury also. So i don't really agree with having to many weapons as if thats a bad thing.

You can't compare the Warriors and the Cavs. Warriors work so beautifully because they have FOUR guys who can play off-ball. And those four guys happen to be the top of the top players. The issue with Cavs is too many guys who need the ball but not enough game time for that to work fluently. Cousins isn't a natural fit with this team. I think what you're talking about is in matchups vs the Warriors, he would be too physically imposing against them. You're right - but I think the amount of possessions would certainly irk some guys. I mean, even with TT taking zero shots, there still isn't enough possessions for everyone to be satisfied with. A guy like Cousins, who has a short-temper, would need at least 15 shots per game or he'll start throwing a fit.

LeBron isn't taking 12-13 shots. This is what you're confused with now. LeBron can play a Magic-type role but often times what happens is that he's so good offensively as both a scorer and passer that he'll see an opportunity to score even though Magic probably would have passed it. That's the conflicting opinion on LeBron's skillset. If Cousins expects a pass because he thinks LeBron is going to play a strictly Magic-type role, LeBron's mindset is "I can easily score it myself right here so why pass it for a less efficient shot?"

And it's true. 99% of the time, LeBron is the best option to score the ball so it makes zero sense for him to just pass it for the hell of it. And that is why I don't believe Cousins is truly a great fit. He's a dominating piece to have but you'd probably want to trade IT or something along with that package and keep that 1st round 2018 BKLYN pick. Too bad Pelicans have way too many ball-dominant guards as it is or I would have said an IT+Shump trade to the Pelicans for Cousins would make a lot of sense for both teams assuming it isn't going as well for them respectively.

LeBron
Cousins
Love
Wade
Crowder

That makes much more sense.

WaDe03
10-03-2017, 07:04 PM

Bosh should come join then.

Vee-Rex
10-03-2017, 07:31 PM
Wade looked DAMN good in the Cavs scrimmage game. I'm hyped.

No LeBron in our preseason opener. Let's see how our boys do.

WaDe03
10-03-2017, 07:49 PM
Wade looked DAMN good in the Cavs scrimmage game. I'm hyped.

No LeBron in our preseason opener. Let's see how our boys do.

Did you go? Do you have any stats for the players? I know it's a scrimmage but still just curious.

Vee-Rex
10-03-2017, 11:25 PM
Did you go? Do you have any stats for the players? I know it's a scrimmage but still just curious.

Nope, currently leaving Vegas (crazy sad stuff). They got the whole thing on nba.com and I watched chunks of it.

I don't know the stats but wade was scoring and dishing

Edit: link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/cavaliers/features/wg-scrimmage-2017

IKnowHoops
10-03-2017, 11:58 PM

Bosh should come join then.

I hope he does. Like at the midway point.

WaDe03
10-03-2017, 11:59 PM
Nope, currently leaving Vegas (crazy sad stuff). They got the whole thing on nba.com and I watched chunks of it.

I don't know the stats but wade was scoring and dishing

Edit: link https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/cavaliers/features/wg-scrimmage-2017

Dang that's crazy, glad you're okay!

IKnowHoops
10-04-2017, 12:01 AM

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zkh4LBhbiLs

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 01:15 AM
I took a quick look at Zizic. He and LeBron can play well.. Probably a good idea to start Zizic and get him confident.

IKnowHoops
10-04-2017, 02:40 AM
I took a quick look at Zizic. He and LeBron can play well.. Probably a good idea to start Zizic and get him confident.

Zizic and Green are two guys I am super excited about. Both are guys that Lebron brings the best out of. Athletic guys who will run the floor and keep up. Guaranteed these guys will be huge plus guys for the Cavs and especially when playing with Lebron.

Derrick Rose is another guy who I think will play very well with Lebron. I think Bron gives him a confidence. And he was an amazing player who is still a top 5% athlete in the NBA.

If IT can get back to 100% with a month of regular season left...HUGE WIN...either way they cake walk to the finals, but with IT availble, Lebron's rest for the finals just increases which is key against the Warriors or any Western conference champ.

IT
Rose
Lebron
Love
Zizic

Wade
JR
Shump
Green
TT

I would love to see this kind of lineup consistently in the regular season. Thats of course hoping Zizic is good enough to earn that spot of TT. IF he is. Then the starting lineup will be nice offensively and good enough to out duel any starting lineup in the east. Meanwhile there bench should be able to destroy any bench in the NBA since they are all actually starters.

prodigy
10-04-2017, 08:57 AM
You can't compare the Warriors and the Cavs. Warriors work so beautifully because they have FOUR guys who can play off-ball. And those four guys happen to be the top of the top players. The issue with Cavs is too many guys who need the ball but not enough game time for that to work fluently. Cousins isn't a natural fit with this team. I think what you're talking about is in matchups vs the Warriors, he would be too physically imposing against them. You're right - but I think the amount of possessions would certainly irk some guys. I mean, even with TT taking zero shots, there still isn't enough possessions for everyone to be satisfied with. A guy like Cousins, who has a short-temper, would need at least 15 shots per game or he'll start throwing a fit.

Cousins aso had no leadership. You are getting confused here. Just assuming him and Lebron wouldn't work together. i doubt Cousins would flip out like he does not. The cavs have so much leadership. Plus cousins would get 15 shots easy.

LeBron isn't taking 12-13 shots. This is what you're confused with now. LeBron can play a Magic-type role but often times what happens is that he's so good offensively as both a scorer and passer that he'll see an opportunity to score even though Magic probably would have passed it. That's the conflicting opinion on LeBron's skillset. If Cousins expects a pass because he thinks LeBron is going to play a strictly Magic-type role, LeBron's mindset is "I can easily score it myself right here so why pass it for a less efficient shot?"

Don't speak to me like that first off. Lebron has stressed many times and proved it on the court by letting Irving take over that he's more then willing to be pass first and not force shots. He wants to slow down alittle. Adding Cousins would help that even more.

Also im not saying Cousins will get traded to Cleveland. Word is neither team is talking about it. I just love the fit.

hugepatsfan
10-04-2017, 01:34 PM

I was excited about Zizic and while he showed some definite good flashes, he looked SLOOOOOOOOOW in summer league. Not sure he has the foot speed to play against NBA competition without significantly improving his instincts to make up for it. I think he needs G-League time.

FlashBolt
10-04-2017, 07:47 PM
I was excited about Zizic and while he showed some definite good flashes, he looked SLOOOOOOOOOW in summer league. Not sure he has the foot speed to play against NBA competition without significantly improving his instincts to make up for it. I think he needs G-League time.

He ran the pick&rolls pretty well in their scrimmages. Cavs are short on tall centers. They have Edy but he's really slow and looks like an injury waiting to happen. Who knows, though? He's worth a shot at this point. Outside of Thompson, their other C is probably Channing and we all know he couldn't defend a dummy.

prodigy
10-05-2017, 09:47 AM

Im surprised to hear he was slow. Because the reports on him is he's very athletic and runs well.

IKnowHoops
10-05-2017, 10:28 AM
Im surprised to hear he was slow. Because the reports on him is he's very athletic and runs well.

He's looked fast in scrimmage and preseason.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-05-2017, 12:45 PM
He ran the pick&rolls pretty well in their scrimmages. Cavs are short on tall centers. They have Edy but he's really slow and looks like an injury waiting to happen. Who knows, though? He's worth a shot at this point. Outside of Thompson, their other C is probably Channing and we all know he couldn't defend a dummy.

I was kinda hoping for a junk for junk trade of Henson for Shumpert. But since Cavs starting Love at center Thompson off the pine Cavs probably wouldn't want another center now.

Heediot
10-06-2017, 08:52 AM
I was kinda hoping for a junk for junk trade of Henson for Shumpert. But since Cavs starting Love at center Thompson off the pine Cavs probably wouldn't want another center now.

Cavs should take that. They have too many wings.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-06-2017, 09:34 AM
Or trade Thompson and a future Cavs pick for Bledsoe. But Suns kinda thin at PG then. IT could miss half the season or more. Also IT entire game was based on speed. A bad hip will knock him down a couple pegs.

Heediot
10-06-2017, 09:49 AM
Or trade Thompson and a future Cavs pick for Bledsoe. But Suns kinda thin at PG then. IT could miss half the season or more. Also IT entire game was based on speed. A bad hip will knock him down a couple pegs.

I think D Rose can hold the fort till it comes back. You won't get a better PG for the vet min.

stephcurry182
10-06-2017, 11:21 AM
I agree. But the combinatin of IT and Rose might be as effective if Rose can get even near back to primetime.

WaDe03
10-06-2017, 11:49 AM
I agree. But the combinatin of IT and Rose might be as effective if Rose can get even near back to primetime.

He won't though, they say this every year.

RateSports
10-06-2017, 12:48 PM
He won't though, they say this every year.

If LeBron can make Mo Williams look like the best PG in the East, then D Rose can return to being elite.

hugepatsfan
10-06-2017, 12:48 PM

He ran the floor well from what I saw. I mean his foot speed is slow. In the half court he's very sluggish but if he can get out stride he runs well for a man his size. But with rotating on defense and making moves on offense he was sooooo slow from what I saw.

Granted, in the summer league he was probably being asked to make offensive moves that he'd never have to in the NBA. CLE isn't running post ups for him where he needs to use footwork to get a shot off lol

WaDe03
10-06-2017, 12:58 PM
If LeBron can make Mo Williams look like the best PG in the East, then D Rose can return to being elite.

I guarantee he doesn't return to being elite.

prodigy
10-06-2017, 02:07 PM
I guarantee he doesn't return to being elite.

Cavs don't need him to be elite. Sure that would be great. but ill tell you what, that explosiveness is not completely gone. I don't believe he can keep it up an entire game but he can def go for 15-20 on any night. Passing the ball very well early on here also.

prodigy
10-06-2017, 02:10 PM
He ran the floor well from what I saw. I mean his foot speed is slow. In the half court he's very sluggish but if he can get out stride he runs well for a man his size. But with rotating on defense and making moves on offense he was sooooo slow from what I saw.

Granted, in the summer league he was probably being asked to make offensive moves that he'd never have to in the NBA. CLE isn't running post ups for him where he needs to use footwork to get a shot off lol

He's also a young kid. His job with Cleveland this season (if he plays much) will be rebound and defend. run the court and prob get a few easy dunks here and there. I would like to see him work with the real Big Z and learn post moves.

WaDe03
10-06-2017, 11:20 PM
Cavs don't need him to be elite. Sure that would be great. but ill tell you what, that explosiveness is not completely gone. I don't believe he can keep it up an entire game but he can def go for 15-20 on any night. Passing the ball very well early on here also.

Yea I think he'll have a good year.

ewing
10-07-2017, 07:31 AM
I saw Wade playing horse with Tristain Thompson, phenomenal!

WaDe03
10-07-2017, 11:26 AM

Did Tristan get a letter on this one?

prodigy
10-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Wade and rose looked great last night. Just preseason but both moved very well.

WaDe03
10-07-2017, 01:36 PM
Wade and rose looked great last night. Just preseason but both moved very well.

IKnowHoops
10-07-2017, 10:00 PM
Both Rose and Wade have looked very good. Rose can still get to the hole at will, and on this team he is going to have plenty of energy to spare. If I'm Lue, I don't play Bron in the preseason to allow this team to gel I'm
In the preseason. If they continue to blow teams off the floor, I may even hold Lebron out of the first game of the season just to really see where they are at. If they blow there first team off the floor, I may keep Bron out until the first loss.

WaDe03
10-08-2017, 04:21 PM

Jeff Green, wtf?!

He may have a little more in the tank than I gave him credit for. 17-6 at the half. May be a good option at backup PF.

IKnowHoops
10-08-2017, 09:39 PM

Jeff Green, wtf?!

He may have a little more in the tank than I gave him credit for. 17-6 at the half. May be a good option at backup PF.

Canít understand why people arenít high on him as I am. He will be a beast running next to Bron. Wonít be surprised to see him starting over Crowder at some point. At the very least finishing games over Crowder.

FlashBolt
10-09-2017, 12:12 AM
People aren't high on Jeff Green because he's just a volume scorer with some athleticism. He won't be able to rebound nor defend most players so you're betting on the guy being able to produce offensively - to which he hasn't been able to do to warrant any specific praise. I can see LeBron getting him some open shots but Jeff isn't going to be dominating the paint or anything. And he's not good enough of a shooter to where you have to acknowledge his presence.

WaDe03
10-09-2017, 03:22 PM

Rightfully so. We can talk about fit all we want but sometimes you just need to put the best players out there and Wade has looked much better than JR so far. Love and Crowder at the 4 and 5 all stretch the floor plenty.

I will say I'm a little surprised though, I thought Wade would come off the bench leading that 2nd unit since he can create for himself and others. I don't view the other guys off the bench being able to do that but we'll see. I'm sure either LeBron Wade or Rose will be mixed in with the 2nd unit at all times.

WaDe03
10-09-2017, 03:24 PM
I see now, Rose will start but come out early and run the 2nd unit.

FlashBolt
10-09-2017, 05:14 PM

Rightfully so. We can talk about fit all we want but sometimes you just need to put the best players out there and Wade has looked much better than JR so far. Love and Crowder at the 4 and 5 all stretch the floor plenty.

I will say I'm a little surprised though, I thought Wade would come off the bench leading that 2nd unit since he can create for himself and others. I don't view the other guys off the bench being able to do that but we'll see. I'm sure either LeBron Wade or Rose will be mixed in with the 2nd unit at all times.

I don't know why you like that. With LeBron and Wade out there, Wade will be playing off-ball the majority of the time. No sane coach would make LeBron play off-ball when he's so gifted offensively. It would make more sense if by the end of the season, the lineup is this:

Starters:

LeBron
Love
Crowder
J.R.
Rose

2nd unit:

Wade
IT
TT
Korver
Frye

That would help Wade out because he would be surrounded by three great shooters and we all know Cavs are going to give up points defensively anyways since they lack defensive personnel so they're at least going to be able to catch up defensively.

I think LeBron and the rest of the Cavs organization just want to make sure Wade is happy so they can potentially get LeBron to stay as well. I disagree, though. Wade should have the ball in his hands a bit more and he won't with LeBron out there as well. Just save those two for the final quarter:

LeBron
IT
Wade
Love
TT

prodigy
10-10-2017, 10:16 AM
People aren't high on Jeff Green because he's just a volume scorer with some athleticism. He won't be able to rebound nor defend most players so you're betting on the guy being able to produce offensively - to which he hasn't been able to do to warrant any specific praise. I can see LeBron getting him some open shots but Jeff isn't going to be dominating the paint or anything. And he's not good enough of a shooter to where you have to acknowledge his presence.

I've always liked Jeff Green. When healthy he's a good player. Very athletic and solid scoring threat. He's not nearing as bad on defense as you make him out to be. Yes he's not gonna win any awards but come playoffs his defense and athletic ability will be huge.

FlashBolt
10-10-2017, 12:06 PM
I've always liked Jeff Green. When healthy he's a good player. Very athletic and solid scoring threat. He's not nearing as bad on defense as you make him out to be. Yes he's not gonna win any awards but come playoffs his defense and athletic ability will be huge.

You always say this.. you said the same with Wade. "Come playoff time, blah blah blah." Jeff Green will be a liability defensively and as a rebounder. He's there to score and because he is athletic. Plus, he was basically free.

Vee-Rex
10-10-2017, 12:57 PM
Yeah, I'm done with all the optimism with Jeff Green. That's all we've ever done his entire career. I remember how it was when he was in Boston - so much hope, so much disappointment.

It's on Green now to prove that he's not a bum and one preseason game doesn't do it for me.

IKnowHoops
10-10-2017, 01:21 PM
You always say this.. you said the same with Wade. "Come playoff time, blah blah blah." Jeff Green will be a liability defensively and as a rebounder. He's there to score and because he is athletic. Plus, he was basically free.

Coming off the bench heís a beast. Heís like the 6th scorer. Playing in a good system that forces you to play the right way and playing with Bron will do wonders for his game.

ewing
10-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Yeah, I'm done with all the optimism with Jeff Green. That's all we've ever done his entire career. I remember how it was when he was in Boston - so much hope, so much disappointment.

It's on Green now to prove that he's not a bum and one preseason game doesn't do it for me.

exactly. he sucks. he is a talented guy who has the ability and should have been a quality starter in this league but he has never shown up. after this many years I would surprised if he starts showing consistency

WaDe03
10-10-2017, 01:57 PM
To be clear, I view green as the 10th man on the roster. I was just surprised at what I saw from him last game. Someone said starter I believe and that's far from what he is.

On the depth chart:

LeBron
IT
Love
Wade
Crowder
Rose
TT
JR
Korver
Green/Shumpert

So I have him battling for 10th man. I think he'll be the backup PF though.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2017, 02:45 AM
To be clear, I view green as the 10th man on the roster. I was just surprised at what I saw from him last game. Someone said starter I believe and that's far from what he is.

On the depth chart:

LeBron
IT
Love
Wade
Crowder
Rose
TT
JR
Korver
Green/Shumpert

Bron
IT
Love
Rose
Green
Wade
TT
JR
Crowder
Shumpert
Korver

On this team, this is what I'm thinking this year come playoffs.

IKnowHoops
10-11-2017, 03:16 AM
Remember pre Cavs JR? Green is much better than JR. He will improve with Lebron the same way JR did accept it will be more spectacular since he is basically a bigger faster stronger smarter JR.

prodigy
10-11-2017, 09:52 AM

and? These are proven vets and wades a HOF'er lol. COME PLAYOFF TIME thats where these guys become huge! They may coast throughout the regular season from time to time kinda like Lebron does. But postseason you know they will show (if healthy of course). Where am i wrong? Jeff green won't be asked to be a huge rebounder. Not sure what team you think the cavs are but they got some players lol. He will have a special role to play.

prodigy
10-11-2017, 09:53 AM
exactly. he sucks. he is a talented guy who has the ability and should have been a quality starter in this league but he has never shown up. after this many years I would surprised if he starts showing consistency

i def don't consider him a starter. Energy guy off the bench who can score from time to time. His frame will make him more valuable in the postseason.

bagwell368
10-11-2017, 11:01 AM

On the depth chart:

LeBron
IT
Love
Wade
Crowder
Rose
TT
JR
Korver
Green/Shumpert

Wade has slowly been going downhill since his peak in '08-'09. Better watch his minutes. Lots of old legs.

Green has been a riddle his whole career. They better hope he's big this year, because the Celts are a lot younger and appear to be gelling faster than anyone thought possible.

bagwell368
10-11-2017, 11:10 AM
Support for Trump has gone down in all 50 states since Jan 20th

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/10/poll-trumps-approval-rating-drops-in-every-state/23239078/

No big news in Cal, Mass, NY, but Arkansas, Montana, Alabama....

The drum beat continues.... and Drumph will be exposed in all his ugliness, weakness and stupidity before the whole country..... can't wait!

bagwell368
10-11-2017, 11:10 AM
oops

IKnowHoops
10-11-2017, 06:03 PM

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/10/10/poll-trumps-approval-rating-drops-in-every-state/23239078/

The drum beat continues.... and Drumph will be exposed in all his ugliness, weakness and stupidity before the whole country..... can't wait!

Co-sign

IKnowHoops
10-11-2017, 06:04 PM
oops

Co-sign

FlashBolt
10-11-2017, 08:53 PM
and? These are proven vets and wades a HOF'er lol. COME PLAYOFF TIME thats where these guys become huge! They may coast throughout the regular season from time to time kinda like Lebron does. But postseason you know they will show (if healthy of course). Where am i wrong? Jeff green won't be asked to be a huge rebounder. Not sure what team you think the cavs are but they got some players lol. He will have a special role to play.

KG is a proven vet and HOF'er... why not? I think I have a better assessment of Cavs than you do, actually. Like, what special role do you think Jeff will play? He's not a lockdown defender, rebounder, playmaker, or space floorer.. he is there to help the Cavs play smaller and quicker in certain lineups. He will score the ball because that's all he can do. You are overrating his presence on the team. And we already went over this Wade thing... he's too old to turn the switch on when he wants. It's time for Wade to accept playing 20 minutes per game at this point.

Lmao, not to sound like a Trump defender but haven't you learned that polls have meant nothing in regards to Trump? How many polls had him losing the Republican primary, presidential primary, etc.,? One thing we know with political polls: Majority aren't answering them honestly because they will be looked at as a perceived racist. Better to say, "I don't like Trump" and leave it at that.

ewing
10-11-2017, 09:04 PM
anywho, this really comes down to how good IT can be and if they have time to totally integrate him. luckily they still don't have much comp in the East. Still i think it was a real good off season for the Cavs.

albfree
10-12-2017, 04:18 AM
I give management an "A" given the circumstances. IT, DRose and DWade for pennies on the dollar? Not a bad haul. All they gave up was a massively disgruntled player.

Not enough to beat the Dubs, but good enough to win a game or two. The complexion changes completely if Dubs suffer a serious injury in the PS.

Lebron has to be reasonably happy with the roster all things considered.

FlashBolt
10-12-2017, 10:43 AM
I give management an "A" given the circumstances. IT, DRose and DWade for pennies on the dollar? Not a bad haul. All they gave up was a massively disgruntled player.

Not enough to beat the Dubs, but good enough to win a game or two. The complexion changes completely if Dubs suffer a serious injury in the PS.

Lebron has to be reasonably happy with the roster all things considered.

I think Cavs are a better team just by depth alone. I mean, last year they had no one to contribute as soon as LeBron got benched. This year, they have a few guys who can get points at a more efficient rate. The only issue is getting the chemistry right because Cavs legitimately have two starting teams in their roster if they can play their card right.

ewing
10-12-2017, 11:09 AM
I think Cavs are a better team just by depth alone. I mean, last year they had no one to contribute as soon as LeBron got benched. This year, they have a few guys who can get points at a more efficient rate. The only issue is getting the chemistry right because Cavs legitimately have two starting teams in their roster if they can play their card right.

that's true, on the other hand somehow LeBron look at peak health through out. Hopefully he can repeat that

Heediot
10-12-2017, 12:01 PM
Go after WCS type.

LeonFSU
10-12-2017, 08:08 PM
Remember pre Cavs JR? Green is much better than JR. He will improve with Lebron the same way JR did accept it will be more spectacular since he is basically a bigger faster stronger smarter JR.

I don't see the comparison. JR is a great shooter, Green is horrid. JR is a better defender and playmaker. Green might be a better rebounder, but given his size he's terrible.

ewing
10-12-2017, 09:13 PM

JR was sixth man the of year before coming to Cavs although he did score 8 points game last year so I can see why you would say that :confused:

IKnowHoops
10-13-2017, 02:48 AM
I don't see the comparison. JR is a great shooter, Green is horrid. JR is a better defender and playmaker. Green might be a better rebounder, but given his size he's terrible.

Green will be better than JR this year. Sig bet?

albfree
10-13-2017, 02:52 AM
Now all they need is a real coach.

ewing
10-13-2017, 08:29 AM

No he wonít bc heís not as good a basketball player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
10-13-2017, 09:30 AM
No he wonít bc heís not as good a basketball player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sig bet?

effen5
10-13-2017, 12:10 PM
Stacked team.... in 2011.

ewing
10-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Sig bet?

sure

LeonFSU
10-13-2017, 01:16 PM

Playoffs included? You can set the terms; I just don't see it happening using any metric.

ewing
10-13-2017, 02:00 PM
Playoffs included? You can set the terms; I just don't see it happening using any metric.

If JR does to much blow Green might be better

prodigy
10-13-2017, 02:14 PM
JR Smith shot 35% from the field last year. Be careful with those sig bets lol. If Green stays healthy he will be a solid piece for the cavs.

prodigy
10-13-2017, 02:25 PM
KG is a proven vet and HOF'er... why not? I think I have a better assessment of Cavs than you do, actually.

Not even close lol. You have this mindset i said green will have a huge role. He will be an energy guy off the bench. 8pts 3-4 boards a game. Thats his role. Show where i said hes a lockdown defender? you time and time again put words in my mouth. So show me right now where i said anything of the sort. Lets go.

Only thing i ever said about Green and defense is cavs like his size. Plus playing in a finals makes everyone play harder on defense. He's not going to lock anyone up. Just play better then Jefferson who i hope gets cut. Love him but its time.

Lmao, not to sound like a Trump defender but haven't you learned that polls have meant nothing in regards to Trump? How many polls had him losing the Republican primary, presidential primary, etc.,? One thing we know with political polls: Majority aren't answering them honestly because they will be looked at as a perceived racist. Better to say, "I don't like Trump" and leave it at that.

the peoples votes don't matter. We all know this. I mean how do you get over 3 million more votes but lose. BTW- not a Hilary fan but lol that sucks.

LeonFSU
10-13-2017, 03:56 PM
JR Smith shot 35% from the field last year. Be careful with those sig bets lol. If Green stays healthy he will be a solid piece for the cavs.

He never got going during the regular season after his injury. But he at least spaced the floor and played defense, and had some good playoff games.

Green last year was probably worse than his stats indicated, which were already pretty bad. He was a liability on both ends of the floor and generally seemed clueless and/or disinterested. Orlando was bad, but Green made them worse when he played.

FlashBolt
10-13-2017, 05:05 PM
Not even close lol. You have this mindset i said green will have a huge role. He will be an energy guy off the bench. 8pts 3-4 boards a game. Thats his role. Show where i said hes a lockdown defender? you time and time again put words in my mouth. So show me right now where i said anything of the sort. Lets go.

Only thing i ever said about Green and defense is cavs like his size. Plus playing in a finals makes everyone play harder on defense. He's not going to lock anyone up. Just play better then Jefferson who i hope gets cut. Love him but its time.

the peoples votes don't matter. We all know this. I mean how do you get over 3 million more votes but lose. BTW- not a Hilary fan but lol that sucks.

1) This is what you don't get.. Cavs don't need another scorer.. they need someone who can fill the remaining roles on the team. Do they have a shotblocker? Defender? Playmaker? No, they have none of that coming off the bench in their frontcourt. He's there for energy but you are crazy if you think Green will have a big enough of an impact to make a difference between winning a game or two.

2) Because popular vote vs electoral votes use different campaign strategies..? Who's fault is it Hillary refused to campaign in certain areas where she did end up losing?

flea
10-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Not as good as last season, lots of chemistry problems and defensive concerns. I expect desperation trades around the deadline, and of course the experiment comes to a close when Lebron jets in the offseason.

WaDe03
10-13-2017, 06:22 PM
Trading Jefferson and Felder to clear a spot. Probably for Bosh tbh.

albfree
10-13-2017, 07:53 PM
The Cavs lack the speed, defense and 3 pt shooting necessary to compete with the Dubs. Then again, just about every team in the NBA won't be able to compete with the Dubs come playoff time.

Heediot
10-13-2017, 08:24 PM
The Cavs lack the speed, defense and 3 pt shooting necessary to compete with the Dubs. Then again, just about every team in the NBA won't be able to compete with the Dubs come playoff time.

They have the 3 point shooting IMO. The only problem is most of their 3 point shooters are liabilities on defense. Korver, Love, Frye, Thomas are sieves. Crowder is good defender, JR Smith has his moments. They need to find a elite rim protector to help erase the mistakes from the perimeter. Much harder to do then say, but that BK pick can help if they want to go that route.

albfree
10-13-2017, 08:51 PM
The Cavs have 3 pt shooters but the Warriors shooters can create their own looks and generate far more space for their shooters due to the abundance of options.

Klay and Green are catch and shoot, but Durant and Curry create their own looks easily. Klay Green and Durant often have wide open looks when defenses try to stop curry.

The Cavs' main problem isn't so much their roster, it's Lue. He tried to match the Warriors' pace and focused too much on Curry instead of playing their shooters straight up.

Amazingly the Cavs almost got the series to 2-2. Lebron is that good. Too bad they don't have a true coach at the helm.

prodigy
10-14-2017, 09:53 AM
He never got going during the regular season after his injury. But he at least spaced the floor and played defense, and had some good playoff games.

Green last year was probably worse than his stats indicated, which were already pretty bad. He was a liability on both ends of the floor and generally seemed clueless and/or disinterested. Orlando was bad, but Green made them worse when he played.

Im not a big fan of using injuries as an excuse unless you are unable to play. if ur on the floor you are expected to produce. But i do agree with you with green. Magic were awful and Green at times seemed uninterested in playing.

People said the same thing about Smith with the knicks, his lack of defense. Playing on good/great teams makes everyone play better. well not everyone but most. Green was a cheap pickup anyway, ya we need him to play well but if he's bad, release him.

prodigy
10-14-2017, 09:59 AM
1) This is what you don't get.. Cavs don't need another scorer.. they need someone who can fill the remaining roles on the team. Do they have a shotblocker? Defender? Playmaker? No, they have none of that coming off the bench in their frontcourt. He's there for energy but you are crazy if you think Green will have a big enough of an impact to make a difference between winning a game or two.

2) Because popular vote vs electoral votes use different campaign strategies..? Who's fault is it Hillary refused to campaign in certain areas where she did end up losing?

1. What do you mean i don't get that? lol that has nothing to do with Green. I mean you can't blame Perkins because the cavs don't pass enough. Greens not really a shot blocker, never was so you can't be mad at him for not doing that. Cavs do have TT coming off bench, he's nothing special at anything you mentioned but he's the best big man defender and shot blocker we prob have.

Its no secret the cavs will watch how the team plays and possibly make a big trade using that nets pick and other pieces. Gotta wait and see.

Scoots
10-14-2017, 05:11 PM
So, Cavs trade RJ, Felder, $3M, and 2 2nd round picks for 2 Euro stash players. Fine. The most shocking thing was that when they released Perkins I found out he's only 32 years old. It just seems like he's been around forever.

FlashBolt
10-14-2017, 07:37 PM
So, Cavs trade RJ, Felder, $3M, and 2 2nd round picks for 2 Euro stash players. Fine. The most shocking thing was that when they released Perkins I found out he's only 32 years old. It just seems like he's been around forever.

I hope they bring back RJ in some sort of front office way.. he was such a good teammate for them.

Vee-Rex
10-14-2017, 07:42 PM

Yeah, I heard they saved about 15m in luxury tax as a result of that trade. Gilbert just trying to clear cash.

RJ was pretty bad last year but I loved his personality and locker room presence. I'm gonna miss him for sure. Road Trippin' was awesome.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-15-2017, 01:01 PM
Yeah, I heard they saved about 15m in luxury tax as a result of that trade. Gilbert just trying to clear cash.

RJ was pretty bad last year but I loved his personality and locker room presence. I'm gonna miss him for sure. Road Trippin' was awesome.

Unfortunately my Bucks or shall I say Kidd wants RJ now. I didn't like RJ the first time around before we traded him to the Spurs for Bruce Bowen, Kurt Thomas and Amir Johnson.

beasted86
10-16-2017, 08:12 AM
The Cavs are way deeper and younger and if IT reaches 90% of his old self can match better with GS than last year.

With the right trade of that Nets pick they could surpass them.

Leftcoast_yg
10-16-2017, 12:45 PM
These Cavs are Rinsed AF!!

LeonFSU
10-16-2017, 03:27 PM
Im not a big fan of using injuries as an excuse unless you are unable to play. if ur on the floor you are expected to produce. But i do agree with you with green. Magic were awful and Green at times seemed uninterested in playing.

People said the same thing about Smith with the knicks, his lack of defense. Playing on good/great teams makes everyone play better. well not everyone but most. Green was a cheap pickup anyway, ya we need him to play well but if he's bad, release him.

Green is fine for a vet minimum deal as a depth signing. He's just not better than, nor will he be better than J.R.

On a side note, Calderon has nothing left. I don't think he's worth a roster spot, especially once Thomas returns.

stejay
10-16-2017, 03:38 PM
This looks like a dream team..... from 2010.

IKnowHoops
10-17-2017, 01:08 AM
Green is fine for a vet minimum deal as a depth signing. He's just not better than, nor will he be better than J.R.

On a side note, Calderon has nothing left. I don't think he's worth a roster spot, especially once Thomas returns.

I disagree. I see green being better than JR this year on this team.

beasted86
10-17-2017, 08:03 AM
Even if:
Thomas < Irving

Crowder > Richard Jefferson
Rose > Deron Williams
Green > Derrick Williams
Wade > Mike Dunleavy

The team clearly got better from a talent perspective on paper.

Everyone is talking about the "sexy" name like Cousins... but imagine for a second that Memphis is willing to blow it up to get younger and is comfortable flipping Marc Gasol, a true defensive anchor who has inside scoring, spreads the floor and has amazing passing for Love (3 years younger) and then the Nets pick Rose or IT + JR Smith and some other picks and fillers for Conley? Can you imagine a defensive + floor spacing unit of:

Conley
Shump
Crowder
LeBron
Gasol

Cavs have so much potential thanks to the desperation of the Celtics and the ring chaser mentality of Wade, Rose, and Green.