PDA

View Full Version : The Warriors Getting Better With More Talent?

NetsPaint
08-27-2017, 06:50 PM
So the Warriors are great as it is. So great that I think next season, even with resting players (unless there's several games in which they sit all their stars), they will win 77-79 because their chemistry will be even better and they just won a championship. Do you see them making any big moves even if the team is healthy within the next two years or so even with the team rockin'? At this point even adding Nick Young could be a big move, but I mean a player who is at least a borderline All-Star. What do you think they would even try to do? They even turned down Paul George for Klay Thompson, which is the right move imo, but is there anything out there now you see they might consider in the future?

warfelg
08-27-2017, 06:58 PM
Unless you can swindle a team into taking on Livingston and Iggy, I just don't see how they have the money to pull off anything like that.

LeonFSU
08-27-2017, 07:00 PM
Steve Kerr will be named player-coach.

tredigs
08-27-2017, 08:10 PM
77-79 wins lol. This site is funny (see: dumb).

Their big moves will be in 2019 when they decide what to do with with Klay/Draymond. Injuries are always a potential factor, but beyond that, they're just keeping course and making smaller moves.

nastynice
08-27-2017, 09:06 PM
Unless you can swindle a team into taking on Livingston and Iggy, I just don't see how they have the money to pull off anything like that.

Well, we happily paid them because we wanted to make sure they are Warriors next year, I highly doubt our FO cares to swindle anyone into losing two big pieces from our team

warfelg
08-27-2017, 09:12 PM
Well, we happily paid them because we wanted to make sure they are Warriors next year, I highly doubt our FO cares to swindle anyone into losing two big pieces from our team

That's what you say now, but in two years when Iggy is 35 and Livingston is 33 making a combined $25mil, I'm sure you'll want someone to take them.

COOLbeans
08-27-2017, 10:35 PM
That's what you say now, but in two years when Iggy is 35 and Livingston is 33 making a combined $25mil, I'm sure you'll want someone to take them.

Not really. They'll probably still be better than most guys in their respective roles. You can't discount experience on a championship team. Both of those guys take extreme care of themselves, they wil not break down.

tredigs
08-27-2017, 10:48 PM
Not really. They'll probably still be better than most guys in their respective roles. You can't discount experience on a championship team. Both of those guys take extreme care of themselves, they wil not break down.

Ehhh -- players break and payrolls factor. That's why they purchase 2nd round picks and gamble a bit/hedge their bets. B Myers is in tune, to say the least.

jaydubb
08-28-2017, 01:57 AM
77-79?

Not gonna happen.. Unless you're including playoff wins with that total also

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

JAZZNC
08-28-2017, 02:11 AM
77-79 isn't unreasonable if you just look at the talent disparity. But they learned 2yrs ago that regular season accolades mean nothing and I believe the at all the players on that team know the importance of winning all the rings they can. That's the only goal for these guys is championships so rest will be had and there will be an occasional piss poor performance from just sheer boredom and they will loose. Factor that with every single game being the other teams Game 7 and they will lose some games. I have no idea why they would make any significant moves, even to their bench. You basically can't get any better fit than what they have. No need to mess with that.

goingfor28
08-28-2017, 02:49 AM
Lol at 77-79 wins. Ok

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Scoots
08-28-2017, 10:24 AM

You are probably correct. People questioned Nick Young and Omri Casspi, and thought they were taking minutes from McCaw ... I think they intend the minutes to come from Livingston and Iguodala. The team has stressed to them, West, and Pachulia that they want them to take rest days if they are even the slightest bit sore, and the team will keep their minutes as low as possible to maximize their play late.

What I really want to see is McCaw getting more confident in his offense and Bell and Jones earning regular spots in the rotation, and hopefully Looney not sucking.

I may be a homer when I say I was stunned Bell was available where he was, and even more that someone would sell the Warriors a pick. I LOVE Bell for the Warriors.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 12:07 PM
I think they could win 83

warfelg
08-28-2017, 12:13 PM

98-0?

COOLbeans
08-28-2017, 12:23 PM
You are probably correct. People questioned Nick Young and Omri Casspi, and thought they were taking minutes from McCaw ... I think they intend the minutes to come from Livingston and Iguodala. The team has stressed to them, West, and Pachulia that they want them to take rest days if they are even the slightest bit sore, and the team will keep their minutes as low as possible to maximize their play late.

What I really want to see is McCaw getting more confident in his offense and Bell and Jones earning regular spots in the rotation, and hopefully Looney not sucking.

I may be a homer when I say I was stunned Bell was available where he was, and even more that someone would sell the Warriors a pick. I LOVE Bell for the Warriors.

Livingston and Iggy are great players on the court. But as they age, their very presence on the team and perceived health can go a long way with sustaining Curry's confidence and overall comraderie on this team. I cant imagine them not retiring a Warriors. They are also in that elite group of guys that can coach or work in the FO one day. They need to remain healthy, we only need them for certain matchups, crunch time and the playoffs.

The Young and Cassipi pickups were key and underrated

COOLbeans
08-28-2017, 12:23 PM

You mean 82 :rolleyes: There are only 82 games in a season...

Bostonjorge
08-28-2017, 12:28 PM
67 win team next year.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 01:34 PM
You mean 82 :rolleyes: There are only 82 games in a season...

nope, meant 83. The Warriors are that good

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 01:36 PM
98-0?

in all seriousness, I think the Warriors will finish 82-20 next year. 66/16-16/4

valade16
08-28-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't think it's unreasonable to think the Warriors could win 70 games or push for 70. They won 67 games in year 1 with KD.

77-79 is pretty unreachable, even for them.

TO Rapz
08-28-2017, 02:12 PM
stopped reading after 77-79 wins