PDA

View Full Version : Today again shows how the warriors ruined the NBA

Pages : [1] 2

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:15 AM
All these epic trades paul george teaming up with Russ, cp3 teaming up with harden and now the Celtics and Cavs matchup which is gonna be a great matchup.....but all of this means absolutely nothing still every team is severely overmatched and now the warriors have a whole season of team chemistry built against all these new still severely less talented teams.....inb4 warriors fan say im salty

HandsOnTheWheel
08-23-2017, 12:18 AM
In b4 Lebron started it.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:21 AM
The warriors could have easily swept the finals this year and the second team in the NBA got worse lmao Kevin Durant could get injured this year and the warriors would still be heavy favorites

tredigs
08-23-2017, 12:37 AM
As a lifelong Warriors fan who dealt with nothing but perennial losing teams growing up, you have no idea how hilarious threads like these are. But yes, you are just salty. They are dominating now, but it's won't be forever. I'd recommend just enjoying the greatness. You probably won't ever see a better NBA team.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:39 AM
I agree with you they are the greatest team of all time and lol you dont sound like much of fan thinking it wont be forever, their crew seems very unselfish and dont care much about money i could see this lasting 6 or 7 years lol i think im a bigger fan than you

tredigs
08-23-2017, 12:42 AM
I agree with you they are the greatest team of all time and lol you dont sound like much of fan thinking it wont be forever, their crew seems very unselfish and dont care much about money i could see this lasting 6 or 7 years lol i think im a bigger fan than you

I'm just not an idiot. Nothing is forever, especially in the NBA.

A 5 year window is reasonable.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:46 AM
you see my point a die hard fan im assuming even has to be like "this wont last forever". Im a heat fan when we had lebron i could neve imaginer saying team wouldn't last, but its because you know what im saying is true.....why doesnt lebron just join the warriors so we can appreciate more "greatness"

tredigs
08-23-2017, 12:47 AM
you see my point a die hard fan im assuming even has to be like "this wont last forever". Im a heat fan when we had lebron i could neve imaginer saying team wouldn't last, but you know what im saying is true.....why doesnt lebron just join the warriors so we can appreciate more "greatness"

Because the Warriors don't have cap-room to sign a max free agent next summer. Next question?

You just sound like a petulant little kid right now. Sleep it off buddy.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:50 AM
well apparently all warriors fan claim that we will forget about how KD joined the warriors so why doesnt lebron just sign a mid level deal lmao since we will all forget how someone jumped on the bandwagon so fragrantly like KD did. KD winning his first ring with warriors is like losing your virginity to a prostitute **** dont count and is weak

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:52 AM
so so far your only argument is that u think your favorite team wont last lmao cool thats why the NBA has come to

tredigs
08-23-2017, 12:53 AM
Forget it.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:54 AM
can you give me one point about how what i said is untrue i know you want to act smart and cool cus you root for a baseketball team thats good lmao but plz honestly give me one point

tredigs
08-23-2017, 12:56 AM
can you give me one point about how what i said is untrue i know you want to act smart and cool cus you root for a baseketball team thats good lmao but plz honestly give me one point

Sure... you're a Heat fan and said you could not imagine a scenario where that team could not last. You're a prisoner of the moment. Don't be a prisoner of the moment. That is tonight's lesson.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 01:00 AM
Sure. You're a Heat fan and said you could not imagine a scenario where that team could not last. You're a prisoner of the moment.

ok lets talk about this

my point is that you know that your team is gonna win this year for an absolute fact, that was never the case with the heat, if the warriors lose KD they are still gonna be heavy favorites..if the heat lost lebron or even D Wade they wouldnt make it out of the east

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 01:01 AM
so you can at least agree they ruined the past season and this up and coming, and with KD taking pay cuts and the youth perfect system and general unselfishness of that team its looks like its gonna last a long time

Leftcoast_yg
08-23-2017, 01:21 AM
All these epic trades paul george teaming up with Russ, cp3 teaming up with harden and now the Celtics and Cavs matchup which is gonna be a great matchup.....but all of this means absolutely nothing still every team is severely overmatched and now the warriors have a whole season of team chemistry built against all these new still severely less talented teams.....inb4 warriors fan say im salty

Your salty, stfu, not a warriors fan. If K.D a snake than Lebron is the garden rat snake.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 01:23 AM
Your salty, stfu, not a warriors fan. If K.D a snake than Lebron is the garden rat snake.

yes im so saltyyyy about the NBA it has such a big impact on my life, no you idiot its just entertainment and the warriors ruined the entertainment

Leftcoast_yg
08-23-2017, 01:28 AM
yes im so saltyyyy about the NBA it has such a big impact on my life, no you idiot its just entertainment and the warriors ruined the entertainment

It had a big enough impact for your to get online find the NBA forum and start a thread of you crying about the dubs. Seems it does have an impact on your life idiot.

nastynice
08-23-2017, 01:34 AM
ok lets talk about this

my point is that you know that your team is gonna win this year for an absolute fact, that was never the case with the heat, if the warriors lose KD they are still gonna be heavy favorites..if the heat lost lebron or even D Wade they wouldnt make it out of the east

I actually thought the heat would get more titles when they first formed. I legit thought they'd reel off 4-7 titles. If the health held up, who knows, but it didn't.

With the Warriors, I didn't think much. Just knew we should be in the mix and contending. After watching this last playoff run tho, haha, if this health holds up then I think we're all in for something very special here.

How bad Id a loved to see this team go against the Miami big 3, had Miami stayed on track where they looked like they were headed after year 2

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 01:38 AM
I actually thought the heat would get more titles when they first formed. I legit thought they'd reel off 4-7 titles. If the health held up, who knows, but it didn't.

With the Warriors, I didn't think much. Just knew we should be in the mix and contending. After watching this last playoff run tho, haha, if this health holds up then I think we're all in for something very special here.

How bad Id a loved to see this team go against the Miami big 3, had Miami stayed on track where they looked like they were headed after year 2

bro as a die hard heat fan, the warriors would beat the heat in 5 or 6, they were 73-9 and then added a top 20 player of all time in his prime who is unselfish doesnt care about stats who fits their system perfectly, in this system hes probably a top 10 player of all time

LOb0
08-23-2017, 01:42 AM
As a lifelong Warriors fan who dealt with nothing but perennial losing teams growing up, you have no idea how hilarious threads like these are. But yes, you are just salty. They are dominating now, but it's won't be forever. I'd recommend just enjoying the greatness. You probably won't ever see a better NBA team.

It's not salt. It's that league changing trades basically don't mean anything now because one guy wanted to take the easy way out.

If you're a Warriors fan enjoy it. But you should at least see the other side of how it's basically turned the league into the equivalent of watching the same movie over and over again with all the drama removed.

nastynice
08-23-2017, 01:54 AM
bro as a die hard heat fan, the warriors would beat the heat in 5 or 6, they were 73-9 and then added a top 20 player of all time in his prime who is unselfish doesnt care about stats who fits their system perfectly, in this system hes probably a top 10 player of all time

Na, Miami just crumbled, Wade and bosh health. They rattled off that 27 in a row or something, they were locked in and looked like they were ready to start growing as a team.

This dubs team is prob better than what they coulda became, but still would be a lot closer than anything else in the league right now

**now that I think of it more, ur probably right. Prob make no diff. This was just year one. lol, like the **** ain't even actually started to come together yet.

I think this year is the year we see it start coming together :smoking:

nastynice
08-23-2017, 01:58 AM
It's not salt. It's that league changing trades basically don't mean anything now because one guy wanted to take the easy way out.

If you're a Warriors fan enjoy it. But you should at least see the other side of how it's basically turned the league into the equivalent of watching the same movie over and over again with all the drama removed.

Don't worry. Teams will form that will give us some entertainment. A few may already started, give a year or 2.

BIG worm
08-23-2017, 02:03 AM
This thread is good for %150 of your daily sodium intake. Pure salt. Enjoy the greatness and stop being a whiny *****.

Jeffy25
08-23-2017, 02:09 AM
The Warriors won't be able to keep Green and Thompson, and at some point, one of Curry or Durant will either get hurt or reduce athletically.

Might take awhile. And I would say they have another 2 years as the top dogs. But that will fall too.

The Bulls made it seem like nobody else could win in the 90's, the Lakers soon after them. These things are cyclical.

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 09:40 AM
Interesting......I see much worse in here than what I was previously banned for!!!!

BIG worm
08-23-2017, 09:52 AM
Interesting......I see much worse in here than what I was previously banned for!!!!

Dry snitching

Scoots
08-23-2017, 10:18 AM
The Warriors won't be able to keep Green and Thompson, and at some point, one of Curry or Durant will either get hurt or reduce athletically.

Might take awhile. And I would say they have another 2 years as the top dogs. But that will fall too.

The Bulls made it seem like nobody else could win in the 90's, the Lakers soon after them. These things are cyclical.

It's odd that this keeps coming up ... they absolutely can keep them all. There are no rules that will stop them from keeping them. They may choose not to, but they CAN keep them. The Warriors are a profit machine now, and they will be moving into their new SF arena in 2 years, and they will pay a LOT of money to keep the team at the top at least a year after the move.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2017, 10:20 AM

that is the one thing I keep coming back to, when I want to hate the Dubs haha. As a Wolves fan, I can honestly say, soak it up Warrior fans, you deserve this success after 30-40 years of pure misery.

As for the thread, meh, I think the CBA, and the way the younger generation is now, is why. Guys move around all over the place in the modern workforce, the NBA pay structure, and player movement, is at an all time high. It's just a natural occurrence, and GS simply helped fast forward the arms race.

Heediot
08-23-2017, 10:22 AM
Warriors did what anyone did and went after a top player, don't blame them. Everyone was after KD. Everything fell into place for them and I don't blame them one bit.

You could blame KD which is more reasonable, but I am past his decision even though I don't fully agree with it (it does has some merits that people ignore due to the fact that he took the easy way out, but whatever).

Rivera
08-23-2017, 10:36 AM
The Warriors single handedly made the NBA off season more entertaining. They are forcing teams to either go all in or all out instead of a team tweaking there roster by adding one or 2 small pieces.

NBA offseason has been wayyyyyy entertaining. More than the NBA Seaons

hugepatsfan
08-23-2017, 10:38 AM
Warriors didn't ruin anything. They executed perfectly. KD made a competitively weak decision which was his own choice. And that took all the competitiveness, at least for a championship, out of the sport in the short-term. That much is pretty much fact.

Whether that ruins the NBA is personal preference. Some people will enjoy just seeing how elite GS is. Personally, I think blowouts are boring so that doesn't intrigue me. Some people will still find intrigue in the non-championship story lines. Personally, if I know who's winning it all everything else seems inconsequential. But others might feel differently.

hugepatsfan
08-23-2017, 10:39 AM
The Warriors single handedly made the NBA off season more entertaining. They are forcing teams to either go all in or all out instead of a team tweaking there roster by adding one or 2 small pieces.

That's the good and bad of it. The NBA seems more interesting to talk about with what you mentioned but at the end of the day, do you actually want to watch?

I genuinely think it's more fun to build a team on here than actually watch most NBA games, TBH.

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 10:42 AM
The Warriors didn't, KD did.

Vinylman
08-23-2017, 11:53 AM

yep... the lakers won in 2002 ... their third in a row and didn't win again until 2009

valade16
08-23-2017, 12:00 PM
KD and the Warriors may have ruined the NBA season, but they made the NBA offseason lit as ****.

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:17 PM

i know you're excited cus your team had an amazing offseason but it means nothing they are not winning a championship so even after the great additions best case scenario you beat the cavs and then get decimated by the warriors........i dont know but for me if my team doesnt win a ring nothing else matters but maybe im old school

kswissdaf
08-23-2017, 12:18 PM
KD and the Warriors may have ruined the NBA season, but they made the NBA offseason lit as ****.

is it lit though? I mean yea the trades have been amazing but they all mean nothing

Chronz
08-23-2017, 12:34 PM
that is the one thing I keep coming back to, when I want to hate the Dubs haha. As a Wolves fan, I can honestly say, soak it up Warrior fans, you deserve this success after 30-40 years of pure misery.

As for the thread, meh, I think the CBA, and the way the younger generation is now, is why. Guys move around all over the place in the modern workforce, the NBA pay structure, and player movement, is at an all time high. It's just a natural occurrence, and GS simply helped fast forward the arms race.
I never understood what being a fan of a team has anything to do with the complaint about competitiveness in the league

Chronz
08-23-2017, 12:35 PM
What's with the one eye op. Take that **** down

Chronz
08-23-2017, 12:39 PM

What makes you think a team like the rockets wouldn't chase cp3 if kd didn't go? Big moves have always happened now they are more inconsequential because none can match kd defection

Kyben36
08-23-2017, 12:53 PM
didnt this start when Boston teamed up 3 studs...... i mean, didnt they start the big 3 era of teams brining stars together.

Lebron then took it to another level by teaming them up himself.

now players are taking their own futures by going to teams that have stars on them.

IndyRealist
08-23-2017, 01:05 PM
I'd like to point out that PG didn't team up with Russ by choice. It's not the same situation as anything else in this thread. OKC took a real gamble that PG might walk in 10 months.

bklynny67
08-23-2017, 01:13 PM
Not a warriors fan.... Dislike them actually. But KD did not ruin the league. Anyone who doesn't realize the league has been ruined for years is simply delusional. KD made a smart move. GS built a great team and had the ability to sign one of the top players in the league. Good for them. There's nothing wrong with that.

Stop ya whining. Some of you sound like a bunch of little schoolgirl *****es.

warfelg
08-23-2017, 01:19 PM
The NBPA ruined the NBA....

Heediot
08-23-2017, 01:23 PM
The NBPA ruined the NBA....

I wonder if they knew ahead of time that KD would sign with GS (hypothetical), if they would have chosen to ease the cap raise instead of squeezing it as quick as they can? Most of these guys are about the money first, no matter what they say about wanting to win.

warfelg
08-23-2017, 01:43 PM
I wonder if they knew ahead of time that KD would sign with GS (hypothetical), if they would have chosen to ease the cap raise instead of squeezing it as quick as they can? Most of these guys are about the money first, no matter what they say about wanting to win.

They knew. Heck...IIRC this actually was one of the situations that Silver told them about. That there was so many good young teams that weren't near the cap jump because all the big names were locked in and they could be competing and have the space for a max deal at the same time.

Hawkeye15
08-23-2017, 01:45 PM
I never understood what being a fan of a team has anything to do with the complaint about competitiveness in the league

no, not the competitiveness of the league. The fact that it is a long suffering franchise. Meaning, if it were the Lakers that were in the Warriors place right now, I would like it MUCH less.

As a Clippers fan, I have to imagine you would love it if the Clippers put a beat down on the NBA for 3-4 years. Eff the haters. Well buddy, we are those haters

Vinylman
08-23-2017, 03:00 PM

it was greed and stupidity

the vast majority of guys would have made more with smoothing... it was the few who actually were lucky enough to be FA's the last two years that benefitted...

The players money pool would have been the same % of BRI no matter what the cap was.... the key would have been all the escrow payments after the season would have been spread across all players due to the built in surplus by artificially depressing the cap

That's why if any of the NBAPA leadership ever *****es about it (LeBron, cp3) they need to be shot

kdspurman
08-23-2017, 03:18 PM
They didn't ruin anything, and I still don't think they're unbeatable.

Just gotta bring your A+ game...

Lakers + Giants
08-23-2017, 03:39 PM

When you bring your A+ game they injure you tho...

burtgummer
08-23-2017, 03:44 PM
The Bron Bron fan boys loved it when LBJ joined with Wade and Bosh now you're crying because the Warriors did it

Hawkeye15
08-23-2017, 03:46 PM
The Bron Bron fan boys loved it when LBJ joined with Wade and Bosh now you're crying because the Warriors did it

the only similarity is they both left in free agency. Otherwise it's not even remotely similar.

Chronz
08-23-2017, 03:57 PM

Odds are against that being enough

eDush
08-23-2017, 05:18 PM
Breaking News!!! Kyrie for Klay inquiry offer rejected!!!!
http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/23/kyrie-for-klay-warriors-reportedly-rejected-cavaliers-trade-offer/?src=rss

:ohno:

zadora5
08-23-2017, 10:39 PM
Nice comparison lol

kdspurman
08-23-2017, 11:25 PM
When you bring your A+ game they injure you tho...

:laugh2:

No comment

kdspurman
08-23-2017, 11:27 PM
Odds are against that being enough

We shall see. They didn't look invincible to me

europagnpilgrim
08-24-2017, 01:07 AM

to be honest the 80's Lakers/Celtics ruined it since now the Warriors/Cavs are going for a 4peat Finals matchup, and the 3peat was never done before as well and it is being compared to that 80's rivalry, those teams were super stacked in that day, Lakers had like 4 number 1 picks with Thompson/Worthy/Magic/Jabbar

and if you want to take it back further the 60's Celtics ruined it by winning 8 in a row with a super stacked team as well and have ruined it for others chasing titles because everybody is chasing Jordan 6 instead of Russell and his 11 titles which will never be matched by a NBA player in this day and age

these trades really aren't epic seeing what George/Butler were traded for, and the Irving for Thomas trade is pretty much a wash outside of the BK pick added which gave the Cavs the slight edge, Crowder is solid but he isn't a max money type player

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 07:24 AM

totally agree... people just don't realize how fast things can change...

Scoots
08-24-2017, 09:19 AM
no, not the competitiveness of the league. The fact that it is a long suffering franchise. Meaning, if it were the Lakers that were in the Warriors place right now, I would like it MUCH less.

As a Clippers fan, I have to imagine you would love it if the Clippers put a beat down on the NBA for 3-4 years. Eff the haters. Well buddy, we are those haters

As a long suffering Warriors fan I just look at this as an aberration and I'll be back to suffering soon enough :)

Scoots
08-24-2017, 09:22 AM
greed and stupidity

The NBAPA motto. The decisions they usually make are about the top 1% of players and the young guys all think they have a future as part of the 1% so they vote for it too.

At least they have a better record than the NFLPA ... they voted AGAINST health care in retirement benefits for 40 years (and blamed the NFL for not taking care of them).

Hawkeye15
08-24-2017, 09:33 AM
As a long suffering Warriors fan I just look at this as an aberration and I'll be back to suffering soon enough :)

yeah pretty much haha

warfelg
08-24-2017, 09:37 AM
The NBAPA motto. The decisions they usually make are about the top 1% of players and the young guys all think they have a future as part of the 1% so they vote for it too.

Amen.

But it does shoot itself in the foot plenty of times too. The top 1% sold the majority on max deals being great because there would be more money for role players. Now yea they got it too, but it seems like now you have a choice as a role player, win or make money. And in the process it killed the NBA middle class.

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 09:41 AM

At least they have a better record than the NFLPA ... they voted AGAINST health care in retirement benefits for 40 years (and blamed the NFL for not taking care of them).

oh I agree totally

what is funny now is that the cap isn't rising as much as expected so the year 2 paydays slowed down and if they have another year of only moderate cap growth it is really going to get ugly with some of these guys that thought they were going to cash in...

we are already seeing it with some of the guys coming off their rookie deals (noel/kcp/etc...) and some of the vets getting shorter deals (lowry/hill/etc...) The squeeze on those kinds of guys is only going to get worse over the next two years until they cycle out the bad 4 year deals signed in the summer of 2016.

That is why I think guys like Harden are very intelligent to extend as long as they can as early as they can...

Maker your money now... get your KD VAG ring (trademark pending) later...

D-Leethal
08-24-2017, 09:45 AM
I think it's a reasonable thread to analyze the landscape sans Warriors and think this upcoming season would be exciting as hell. Even if it was the pre-Durant Warriors, they would be favorites but the west with OKC, HOU, SAS and GSW would be a gunfight in the playoffs and add in Minny as a potential darkhorse breakout squad. Celtics/Cavs will still be pretty epic as East challengers (although I think Celtics will be overhyped and end up worse than they were last year).

warfelg
08-24-2017, 09:50 AM
I think it's a reasonable thread to analyze the landscape sans Warriors and think this upcoming season would be exciting as hell. Even if it was the pre-Durant Warriors, they would be favorites but the west with OKC, HOU, SAS and GSW would be a gunfight in the playoffs and add in Minny as a potential darkhorse breakout squad. Celtics/Cavs will still be pretty epic as East challengers (although I think Celtics will be overhyped and end up worse than they were last year).

What's interesting to think too going into a larger view:
Let's say KD signed with Boston last summer, means Hayward likely doesn't leave Utah. Even if the PG move happened and the CP3 deal happened you got OKC, HOU, SAS, GSW with Utah and Portland breathing down their backs. And in the east you got BOS and CLE at the top; with MIL, TOR, WAS right behind them too.

Scoots
08-24-2017, 10:34 AM
Amen.

But it does shoot itself in the foot plenty of times too. The top 1% sold the majority on max deals being great because there would be more money for role players. Now yea they got it too, but it seems like now you have a choice as a role player, win or make money. And in the process it killed the NBA middle class.

Actually the max deals were not the top 1% but the top 20%. The top 1% were against it because they knew they could make more without them. What the union was told was that every team would have 3 players on max deals and since the majority of players think they are in the top 20% they assumed they were one of the ones who "deserved" the max deals. The max deal actually worked out well for the union as a whole since it significantly distributed the wealth among more players. The owners, who came up with the max deal (of course), loved it for a few years and now hate it (of course) since some owners will screw everything up :)

Scoots
08-24-2017, 10:47 AM
What's interesting to think too going into a larger view:
Let's say KD signed with Boston last summer, means Hayward likely doesn't leave Utah. Even if the PG move happened and the CP3 deal happened you got OKC, HOU, SAS, GSW with Utah and Portland breathing down their backs. And in the east you got BOS and CLE at the top; with MIL, TOR, WAS right behind them too.

That's what I was going to say ... without KD moving to the Warriors I wonder how much more stagnant the whole thing would be. It's almost like the Warriors being dominant allowed half of the NBA to stop clinching and loosen up and look at a longer play while the other half just went for it making this offseason and potentially next season as wild as it's been so far.

The only teams in the top half of the NBA in the West that didn't change significantly are the Warriors and the Spurs. In the East the only top teams that changed significantly are the top 2. Free agency madness, trades, the draft, and young guys hopefully getting better ... even if the Warriors go 98-0 there are plenty of interesting story lines with most of the other teams. Actually I could come up with an interesting story line for every team in the NBA, and I couldn't have said that last year.

Chisweetness34
08-24-2017, 10:51 AM
This thread title is idiotic. The Warriors built this team mostly through the draft. They were really good without Durant, I think they broke a record or something.

If anything blame Durant, which I know many people have; however, I have never seen so much interest in the NBA.

I didn't love Durant's decision, I wouldn't have done it if in his shoes. He's happy and we get to watch arguably the most talented team ever assembled. Haters gonna hate, but I choose to appreciate greatness.

Rivera
08-24-2017, 11:59 AM
i know you're excited cus your team had an amazing offseason but it means nothing they are not winning a championship so even after the great additions best case scenario you beat the cavs and then get decimated by the warriors........i dont know but for me if my team doesnt win a ring nothing else matters but maybe im old school

you obviously didnt do any research, saw my avi and assumed im a Celtics fan when in fact. Im an Orlando Magic fan. Tell me again how my team had an AMAZING offseason? Because my team has been bad for the past few years. And you obviously missed the point of my post because I stated how the Warriors were going to run through in the playoffs and how the Warriors actually made the NBA offseason interesting. So interesting you made a thread about them

What makes you think a team like the rockets wouldn't chase cp3 if kd didn't go? Big moves have always happened now they are more inconsequential because none can match kd defection

Agreed morey has always been a trader but CP3 wasnt the only move of the offseason. OKC/Boston/Cleveland looking at deals before the Kyire thing became public. This is because of the Warriors. Morey has also stated that "its an arms race" because of how talented the Warriors are and how his team needs to catch up to the Warriors

IndyRealist
08-24-2017, 12:30 PM
It's funny how Morey level wheeling and dealing has become the norm. If you're gonna swim with sharks....

Chronz
08-24-2017, 01:57 PM

You weren't paying attention

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 02:48 PM
You weren't paying attention

I most certainly was...

SfgiantsJD3
08-24-2017, 02:54 PM
I most certainly was...

Warriors - Healthy Spurs would have been the toughest series of the season

Hawkeye15
08-24-2017, 03:06 PM
I most certainly was...

I know you had a lead when KL went down, and on paper, the Spurs are a nice matchup, or as nice as it gets currently. But GS, imo, would beat you 4-1, if you were healthy. They just have way too much firepower, and you don't have the interior scoring power to punish the single weakness they have.

I think the KL injury was just a hidden excuse honestly, the Warriors were playing like they didn't give a ****, KL went down, and it happened to coincide with the Dubs starting to take basketball seriously for the first time in months, and they ripped off like 100 straight points.

Ain't no team staying with them right now (and maybe only a couple teams ever could push them to a real series). Just my opinion.

valade16
08-24-2017, 03:26 PM
It will be particularly hard for fans who think their team has an actual shot at beating GS when GS runs train through the league en route to another championship next season.

hugepatsfan
08-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I know you had a lead when KL went down, and on paper, the Spurs are a nice matchup, or as nice as it gets currently. But GS, imo, would beat you 4-1, if you were healthy. They just have way too much firepower, and you don't have the interior scoring power to punish the single weakness they have.

I think the KL injury was just a hidden excuse honestly, the Warriors were playing like they didn't give a ****, KL went down, and it happened to coincide with the Dubs starting to take basketball seriously for the first time in months, and they ripped off like 100 straight points.

Ain't no team staying with them right now (and maybe only a couple teams ever could push them to a real series). Just my opinion.

I can't remember if it was Vee-Rex or Prodigy but all year they hung on to the idea that CLE was the champs until someone knocked them off and that GS wasn't beatable. Then we saw them just toy with the Cavs in 5.... That's gonna be KDSpurman next year. Just oblivious to the *** whopping his team is about to get lol

Hawkeye15
08-24-2017, 04:02 PM
I can't remember if it was Vee-Rex or Prodigy but all year they hung on to the idea that CLE was the champs until someone knocked them off and that GS wasn't beatable. Then we saw them just toy with the Cavs in 5.... That's gonna be KDSpurman next year. Just oblivious to the *** whopping his team is about to get lol

well, the Spurs were up, when KL went down. So I get the false sense of "we didn't get a real shot at them!". But, if you were watching, you realized the Warriors were playing half assed, and woke up at the exact same time KL went down, and ran off a complete azz whipping for the remainder of the playoffs.

You tend to get bored when you kill everything in site. The Spurs have a very good team, defenders that can switch, a brilliant coach, but I am sorry, nobody is keeping pace with the Warriors unless bad things happen to them.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2017, 04:04 PM
It will be particularly hard for fans who think their team has an actual shot at beating GS when GS runs train through the league en route to another championship next season.

that's just it. Last year was year 1 of fitting in yet another all timer in his peak. This year, they will be even better, as hard as it is to believe.

Guys, barring injury/selfishness, the next 2 years are nothing but a formality.

AllBall
08-24-2017, 05:12 PM
If you watch enough NBA, you know nothing is guaranteed. You also need luck and it may end up favoring another team out West.

FlashBolt
08-24-2017, 05:51 PM
If you watch enough NBA, you know nothing is guaranteed. You also need luck and it may end up favoring another team out West.

Even with luck, most teams aren't beating the Warriors on their bad day. That's how stacked this Warriors team is. Some teams = if their star has a bad game, they are 75% losing. Warriors can have TWO of their best players playing like crap and still beat you on your best day.

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 05:54 PM

That's certainly a fair opinion , but they were just being outplayed, not playing like they didn't give a ****. Both teams had nearly the same amount of rest days going into that game. Durant benefited from Kawhi going out, he was giving him the business on both sides. He went off once Kawhi went out. The Spurs had defenders in Green/Simmons for their other guys, though Curry did get hot in the 3rd, and Klay had a pretty poor playoffs to that point overall. It's a make or miss league...

Kawhi could have very well been the best player on the court that series, and Pop had been prepping them and their style of play all season for GS. I surely trust Pop's ability to game plan for a team and Kawhi's greatness to give them a fighting chance against anyone, even GS.

A very very small sample size, but that was the 2nd time last season they had a +20 point lead on those Warriors. Regardless of the names on the court, you still gotta play and execute. Id never say a Pop coached team with a guy like Kawhi has no shot.

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 05:58 PM

Exactly.. GS isn't guaranteed anything despite what the general consensus is on here.

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 06:02 PM

The Cavs are not the Spurs tho, and the Cavs really didn't show much against them even during the regular season.

The only time GS gave the Spurs an *** whooping was when Kawhi went out. I do hope they meet again next year and are healthy. I'd be very surprised if it was an *** whooping

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 06:04 PM
well, the Spurs were up, when KL went down. So I get the false sense of "we didn't get a real shot at them!". But, if you were watching, you realized the Warriors were playing half assed, and woke up at the exact same time KL went down, and ran off a complete azz whipping for the remainder of the playoffs.

You tend to get bored when you kill everything in site. The Spurs have a very good team, defenders that can switch, a brilliant coach, but I am sorry, nobody is keeping pace with the Warriors unless bad things happen to them.

Like Klay going cold or KD being slowed by Kawhi? Those aren't bad things, those are real things that can happen on the court.

It would take a lot for SA to keep up that pace and discipline at an extremely high level. But I've seen them play disciplined and execute at a very high level before.

FlashBolt
08-24-2017, 06:05 PM
Exactly.. GS isn't guaranteed anything despite what the general consensus is on here.

They're the favorites by a long mile.. so that has to mean something.

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 06:18 PM

No doubt. I don't disagree with that . I just also think they aren't unbeatable.. maybe not probable, but possible imo

likemystylez
08-24-2017, 06:19 PM

spurs are well capable of beating golden state

FlashBolt
08-24-2017, 06:20 PM
No doubt. I don't disagree with that . I just also think they aren't unbeatable.. maybe not probable, but possible imo

I don't believe anyone is denying that but it's sort've the puncher's chance situation here. They're much better than the next best team and that NEXT best team(s) is much better than the next best teams. KD+Curry+Klay+Draymond. That's nothing to be happy about if you're playing against them.

FlashBolt
08-24-2017, 06:21 PM

I think they're capable of beating them but so are the Cavs. If we're going by that one example in the playoffs, that was literally one game. I think Spurs could have won another at home but at some point, Warriors would have won.

likemystylez
08-24-2017, 06:27 PM
I think they're capable of beating them but so are the Cavs. If we're going by that one example in the playoffs, that was literally one game. I think Spurs could have won another at home but at some point, Warriors would have won.

lets not forget- spurs came in to Oakland last year and beat the warriors by 30. It was the first game of the season so I dont think the warriors were just running through the motions as if they already clinched the top seed.... and warriors usually play well at home regardless. they dont like to get blown out at home regardless if they need the game or not

Chronz
08-24-2017, 06:35 PM
I most certainly was...

Not close enough apparently. History has proven me right

Chronz
08-24-2017, 06:39 PM

On paper the Spurs were a horrible matchup, its why they got DESTROYED. Kawhi doesn't turn the tables to that degree, why would anyone think Kawhi can offset that much of a talent differential? Pointing to one half of basketball is about as stupid as anyone thinking the Rockets would have trounced the Spurs after their G1 massacre. Its 1 game, who cares when the opposing sample size is the entire year?

The deniers of truth can take their most minute of sample sizes, matchup theories, Ill take the team with the historic core that proved me right all throughout the year. Kawhi aint MJ and even if he were, it prolly wouldn't be enough.

Chronz
08-24-2017, 06:43 PM

yeah and the 8th seed is capable of making a Finals run. Why cling to such low probabilities?

Hes gonna learn the hard way lol.

Vee-Rex
08-24-2017, 06:53 PM

Probably me. :laugh2:

I still feel that way now. Cleveland has won 4 of the last 6 matchups in Cleveland. Two of the last 3 matchups vs. KD-Warriors, with the one loss being some flukey BS.

I love to hate GS. And they'll likely kick our ***** once more in the likely event we reach the finals, but I'm never gonna guarantee that ****. :(

likemystylez
08-24-2017, 07:03 PM
Probably me. :laugh2:

I still feel that way now. Cleveland has won 4 of the last 6 matchups in Cleveland. Two of the last 3 matchups vs. KD-Warriors, with the one loss being some flukey BS.

I love to hate GS. And they'll likely kick our ***** once more in the likely event we reach the finals, but I'm never gonna guarantee that ****. :(

but the xmas day win was kinda flukey BS as well... LOL and the second half of last years finals was pretty much flukey BS with the questionable timing of the draymond green suspension and all.... they year we just got to see what would have happened if green didnt get suspended

Chronz
08-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Yall cling to hope, I abandon it entirely so Im not hurt when reality sets in again. Enjoy every other series is my motto

Chronz
08-24-2017, 07:40 PM
but the xmas day win was kinda flukey BS as well... LOL and the second half of last years finals was pretty much flukey BS with the questionable timing of the draymond green suspension and all.... they year we just got to see what would have happened if green didnt get suspended

Any close game is at least worthy of respect. Cleveland gave yall everything they could muster and it prevented yall from making history.

valade16
08-24-2017, 07:50 PM
Yall cling to hope, I abandon it entirely so Im not hurt when reality sets in again. Enjoy every other series is my motto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yTuPFeaD3U

kdspurman
08-24-2017, 08:27 PM

If GS gets taken down in a series, ima need you to rock a Durant jersey

Scoots
08-24-2017, 10:02 PM

Last year I had honest conern about the Cavs and the Spurs. Both teams would have to play their best to beat the Warriors or the Warriors would have to throw it away ... but both have happened in the past. The Cavs got better on D and maybe a little worse on offense, the Spurs got worse on both offense and defense it seems so far.

The problem for the rest of the NBA is that this year the Warriors are no longer in their first year together, their young players should be MUCH better (McCaw > rookie McCaw, Jones was injured, Looney was injured, Jordan Bell is a new rookie who looked Draymondish in Summer League), the vets should generally improve with experience together, and they added Omri Casspi and Nick Young both of whom are better shooters than the Warriors had on the bench last year ... and all they need to do is stand still by themselves and shoot wide open 3s.

I'm odd in that I'll spend more time watching and pulling for the young guys and the fringe players than the stars.

tredigs
08-24-2017, 11:48 PM
If GS gets taken down in a series, ima need you to rock a Durant jersey

I mean the Warriors were a late comeback and insane dagger KD 3 from the series last year going 2-2, and that was with them at 100%. They - and every great team - have a lot more to be exploited than we (well, defeatists like Chronz, Vinyl, at) would like to admit. They have an argument as GOAT team, but It's the NBA. They're not superheroes.

tredigs
08-25-2017, 12:07 AM
Lest not forget that the Kawhi Spurs made them their ***** for 24 minutes. I guarantee GS or outside fans did not expect that. Who knows what would have been. Point is, they are beatable. Especially if not 100%. And they likely will not be as healthy as they were last year ever again. That's just reality.

aman_13
08-25-2017, 01:17 AM
That Nets pick could make this season very interesting.

Vinylman
08-25-2017, 07:10 AM
I mean the Warriors were a late comeback and insane dagger KD 3 from the series last year going 2-2, and that was with them at 100%. They - and every great team - have a lot more to be exploited than we (well, defeatists like Chronz, Vinyl, at) would like to admit. They have an argument as GOAT team, but It's the NBA. They're not superheroes.

check yourself dubs homer...

I even posted in this thread that they can be beat and that their "run" won't be nearly as long as people are predicting...

don't confuse me mocking Mr. Vaginosis and his cowardly act as believing the Dubs can't be beat...

any team can be beat and the favorites in any year can lose do to injuries... if not, the Lakers would have won every year in the 80's except for the MM Sixers championship

likemystylez
08-25-2017, 08:49 AM
That Nets pick could make this season very interesting.

Ummm what does that have to do with the warriors ruining the NBA?

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 09:07 AM
That's certainly a fair opinion , but they were just being outplayed, not playing like they didn't give a ****. Both teams had nearly the same amount of rest days going into that game. Durant benefited from Kawhi going out, he was giving him the business on both sides. He went off once Kawhi went out. The Spurs had defenders in Green/Simmons for their other guys, though Curry did get hot in the 3rd, and Klay had a pretty poor playoffs to that point overall. It's a make or miss league...

Kawhi could have very well been the best player on the court that series, and Pop had been prepping them and their style of play all season for GS. I surely trust Pop's ability to game plan for a team and Kawhi's greatness to give them a fighting chance against anyone, even GS.

A very very small sample size, but that was the 2nd time last season they had a +20 point lead on those Warriors. Regardless of the names on the court, you still gotta play and execute. Id never say a Pop coached team with a guy like Kawhi has no shot.

I didn't say you have no shot, that would be irresponsible of me. But you need very good things to happen to your team, and bad things to happen to GS is all. They are much more talented, and simply a much better team. That being said, sure injuries, or just a couple guys going cold as ice, or a role player or two from the Spurs going Jason Terry ala 2011, along with KL playing at an MVP level, would do it.

Isn't it sad though, that your best player, might be the 3rd best player in that series? Obviously an argument can be made for him being higher, etc, but just the fact that your top 5, all NBA, all defense stud, seriously may not even be the 2nd best player on the court, shows you how amazing GS is talent wise.

Nothing lasts forever, invincible teams have fallen before, it will happen to GS as well. But they sure look like they are going to tap dance all over the league for a little while...

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 09:08 AM

I even posted in this thread that they can be beat and that their "run" won't be nearly as long as people are predicting...

don't confuse me mocking Mr. Vaginosis and his cowardly act as believing the Dubs can't be beat...

any team can be beat and the favorites in any year can lose do to injuries... if not, the Lakers would have won every year in the 80's except for the MM Sixers championship

They should run the table this year and next, however, as history has shown us, it's HARD to stay on top. Odds are, their run won't last as long as it appears on paper...

tredigs
08-25-2017, 09:17 AM

Oh good, then you realize this may not actually be the NBA apocalypse and just spend all your time on the internet crying for the sake of it. Noted.

Vinylman
08-25-2017, 09:23 AM
Oh good, then you realize this may not actually be the NBA apocalypse and just spend all your time on the internet crying for the sake of it. Noted.

is that you KD? cuz that sounds like some solid VAG logic

Vinylman
08-25-2017, 09:48 AM
They should run the table this year and next, however, as history has shown us, it's HARD to stay on top. Odds are, their run won't last as long as it appears on paper...

exactly... things change, people get hurt, players decline, etc.. etc... etc...

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:00 AM

They say now that the team will pay everyone, but you know what's going to happen.

Minority owners are going to want a return on their investment. As they get deeper and deeper in the tax they are going to become more and more unhappy. It's what's going on with the Cavs right now.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 10:12 AM
They say now that the team will pay everyone, but you know what's going to happen.

Minority owners are going to want a return on their investment. As they get deeper and deeper in the tax they are going to become more and more unhappy. It's what's going on with the Cavs right now.

what will happen? They trade Klay for pennies on the dollar after next year.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 10:20 AM
The Warriors do make the NBA boring. There's not a team even close to them at the moment. I think the only way to beat them in the near future is to either A: Hope they get hurt or B: Change the style up and counter them. Teams have to build to specifically beat them. Can't out run and gun them so build a team that can play some lock down defense and one that's not afraid to play physical. The Warriors are still soft. So teams need to take advantage of that, and not just in the playoffs. Teams need to beat up on the Warriors all season long. Hard screens, hard hits on layups, physical defense, body up on rebounds every game. Make them hurt.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:22 AM
what will happen? They trade Klay for pennies on the dollar after next year.

That, some thinning of the bench (trading Iggy for pennies on the dollar), no more buying picks to fill out the team, some selling of picks at some point.

And they might not sell Klay for pennies on the dollar talent wise, but they will salary wise. Look no further than how Cleveland traded Kyrie. Overall talent they didn't lose all that much, but salary wise they could come out far ahead.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 10:27 AM
That, some thinning of the bench (trading Iggy for pennies on the dollar), no more buying picks to fill out the team, some selling of picks at some point.

And they might not sell Klay for pennies on the dollar talent wise, but they will salary wise. Look no further than how Cleveland traded Kyrie. Overall talent they didn't lose all that much, but salary wise they could come out far ahead.

that is what I mean. I think they can keep filling out their bench, but chinks in the armor will start, and at some point, they can't keep paying for all 4 studs. I know people cry "discounts!", but the money is going to add up, and fans don't pay the taxes.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:30 AM
The Warriors do make the NBA boring. There's not a team even close to them at the moment. I think the only way to beat them in the near future is to either A: Hope they get hurt or B: Change the style up and counter them. Teams have to build to specifically beat them. Can't out run and gun them so build a team that can play some lock down defense and one that's not afraid to play physical. The Warriors are still soft. So teams need to take advantage of that, and not just in the playoffs. Teams need to beat up on the Warriors all season long. Hard screens, hard hits on layups, physical defense, body up on rebounds every game. Make them hurt.

Not to homer it up too much here:

But teams being build like the Sixers, Bucks....this is how you counter it. Bucks have 2 6'11"+ guys that can do a ton, and the Sixers are building around a 7'2" monster and a 6'11" guy that plays like a guard. That's what's going to give them trouble. You got to have size at unexpected places.

Like in their small ball lineup....is Green really going to be able to handle Embiid or Thon? That means KD has to take Simmons or Giannis. Then both teams have a shooter who's too tall for Curry, which means Iggy or Klay has to run with Middleton or Redick.

When talking next guy that means there's Fultz or Parker to deal with. That's still a tough guy to cover. Then both teams have guys that can knock down the open 3 that you just can't abandon.

The way to shake it up against the Warriors isn't to try to match them, it's to have skill and size that causes problems to their small ball lineup.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 10:33 AM
Not to homer it up too much here:

But teams being build like the Sixers, Bucks....this is how you counter it. Bucks have 2 6'11"+ guys that can do a ton, and the Sixers are building around a 7'2" monster and a 6'11" guy that plays like a guard. That's what's going to give them trouble. You got to have size at unexpected places.

Like in their small ball lineup....is Green really going to be able to handle Embiid or Thon? That means KD has to take Simmons or Giannis. Then both teams have a shooter who's too tall for Curry, which means Iggy or Klay has to run with Middleton or Redick.

When talking next guy that means there's Fultz or Parker to deal with. That's still a tough guy to cover. Then both teams have guys that can knock down the open 3 that you just can't abandon.

The way to shake it up against the Warriors isn't to try to match them, it's to have skill and size that causes problems to their small ball lineup.

Completely agree. As a Bucks fan I think its obvious that they've been going for all players that are long, atheletic, and can play 1-5 on defense. They are building to beat the Warriors. Same with Philly but I'm less sold on them simply because Embiid can't stay healthy, Saric is overrated, and who really knows what Fultz and Simmons will be.

I still see Philly struggling this year because they don't have the shooting. I think it will take Simmons a few years before he can really dominate a game.

IKnowHoops
08-25-2017, 10:49 AM
well apparently all warriors fan claim that we will forget about how KD joined the warriors so why doesnt lebron just sign a mid level deal lmao since we will all forget how someone jumped on the bandwagon so fragrantly like KD did. KD winning his first ring with warriors is like losing your virginity to a prostitute **** dont count and is weak

What fragrance was KD wearing? Serious question.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:56 AM
Completely agree. As a Bucks fan I think its obvious that they've been going for all players that are long, atheletic, and can play 1-5 on defense. They are building to beat the Warriors. Same with Philly but I'm less sold on them simply because Embiid can't stay healthy, Saric is overrated, and who really knows what Fultz and Simmons will be.

I still see Philly struggling this year because they don't have the shooting. I think it will take Simmons a few years before he can really dominate a game.

:eyebrow: Fultz was good from 3 in college, RoCo is about average from 3, Joel Embiid was one of the better 3pt shooting bigs, and we added JJ Redick a 40%+ 3pt shooter.

kdspurman
08-25-2017, 11:04 AM

Exactly. A big part of it was wanting to redeem their previous title loss too, so who knows if that same hunger is there. Not to say they don't want to win it all again, but they had plenty of motivation to win it all last season

twellner9
08-25-2017, 11:05 AM
:eyebrow: Fultz was good from 3 in college, RoCo is about average from 3, Joel Embiid was one of the better 3pt shooting bigs, and we added JJ Redick a 40%+ 3pt shooter.

Just be observant. I would estimate they're still a year away from the playoffs. JJ is okay, but I remember him on the Bucks and he sucked ***. I don't think you can rely on Embiid being a 3 pt shooter (and honestly do you really want him out there shooting 3s anyways). Fultz is a question mark to me. A lot of talent but it usually takes a while before they learn how to win at the NBA level.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 11:06 AM
Exactly. A big part of it was wanting to redeem their previous title loss too, so who knows if that same hunger is there. Not to say they don't want to win it all again, but they had plenty of motivation to win it all last season

They could take the NE view. Every Championship was for someone.

2015 - For the city
2017 - For KD
2018 - Can make it for Steve Kerr
2019 - For the legacy

twellner9
08-25-2017, 11:10 AM
What I will find annoying is that when KD ends up with like 3-4+ rings he'll be considered one of the greatest of all time...but did he really earn those rings? Weak move from a player of his calibre and you can't compare what he did to Lebron.

LBJ went to Miami to build a team with Wade. He didn't go to Boston to join Pierce, KG, Allen, and Rondo...

aman_13
08-25-2017, 11:10 AM
Ummm what does that have to do with the warriors ruining the NBA?

Was referring to Tre. The Cavs played the Warriors tough. I think they are capable of upsetting if they can get another star. The Nets pick could be the ticket. Of course you would need commitment from LeBron for them to trade the pick.

Jamiecballer
08-25-2017, 11:12 AM
They should run the table this year and next, however, as history has shown us, it's HARD to stay on top. Odds are, their run won't last as long as it appears on paper...Where is this level headed perspective when everyone is slamming the **** out of durant. Shockingly nowhere to be seen.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 11:38 AM
Where is this level headed perspective when everyone is slamming the **** out of durant. Shockingly nowhere to be seen.

stacking the odds in your favor to a degree we have never seen doesn't change the fact that dynasties fall. It still doesn't relieve Durant of heavy criticism. Sorry.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 11:40 AM
What I will find annoying is that when KD ends up with like 3-4+ rings he'll be considered one of the greatest of all time...but did he really earn those rings? Weak move from a player of his calibre and you can't compare what he did to Lebron.

LBJ went to Miami to build a team with Wade. He didn't go to Boston to join Pierce, KG, Allen, and Rondo...

by who? Russell won 11 rings, and you would be hard pressed to find him in anyone's top 5 (many rate him even further). As great as Durant is, he legacy took a legit hit, and rightly so. His rings don't mean all that much to most of us. But they mean something to him, and that is why he did it, so more power to him.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 11:45 AM
by who? Russell won 11 rings, and you would be hard pressed to find him in anyone's top 5 (many rate him even further). As great as Durant is, he legacy took a legit hit, and rightly so. His rings don't mean all that much to most of us. But they mean something to him, and that is why he did it, so more power to him.

I just anticipate that 20 years from now people will forget exactly what he did to get his rings but they'll just look that he has them and that his statistics matchup well with anyone. Personally I think rings are extremely overrated when it comes to comparing players (in any sport). Rings are much more a factor of team and circumstance than of individual talent. But most fans don't view it that way.

Heediot
08-25-2017, 12:05 PM
Where is this level headed perspective when everyone is slamming the **** out of durant. Shockingly nowhere to be seen.

I tend to agree. I'm no fan of his decision because just like most I want a competitive league, but I can see the reasoning behind his decision even though I may not agree with it. I don't care if people don't like his decision but people need to move on or complain once i a while. It's just a circle back and forth between those who are complaining and those who are defending him. People have been recycling the same complaints too often. The GS fans also need to take criticism better also, but that's how it is on nba forums homerism and defensiveness is like one of the main traits on most fans that post.

IndyRealist
08-25-2017, 12:25 PM

It's not like KD hid out in the significantly weaker conference his entire career so he could have a cakewalk to the Finals or anything. If we're talking about legacies, that's pretty damning, yet no one faults LBJ for not going West and facing tougher competition.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 12:27 PM
It's not like KD hid out in the significantly weaker conference his entire career so he could have a cakewalk to the Finals or anything. If we're talking about legacies, that's pretty damning, yet no one faults LBJ for not going West and facing tougher competition.

It's not LBJ's fault though that the GM's in the east are doorknob lickers and all decided to pack it in as soon as he made his first finals.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:30 PM

I mean this is an idiotic comment. He was drafted into the East he didn't have a choice. Plus he still needs to beat the West in the finals. Since LBJ was drafted there has been 8 NBA champions out of the West and 6 NBA champions out of the East. Hardly that lopsided.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:32 PM
You could just as easily say that other NBA superstars are hiding from LBJ....

Jamiecballer
08-25-2017, 01:05 PM
stacking the odds in your favor to a degree we have never seen doesn't change the fact that dynasties fall. It still doesn't relieve Durant of heavy criticism. Sorry.Except that's a narrative that isn't necessarily applicable. Intention is everything. And there isn't a single one of us that knows the truth on this.

Jamiecballer
08-25-2017, 01:07 PM
You could just as easily say that other NBA superstars are hiding from LBJ....Hey this is an interesting pov now isn't it

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Except that's a narrative that isn't necessarily applicable. Intention is everything. And there isn't a single one of us that knows the truth on this.

that's the best part about being a fan dude, I don't have to know the truth. I get to judge the action alone.

Dude is a pansy, straight up. Doesn't mean I don't understand why he made the decision he did.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 01:29 PM
I just anticipate that 20 years from now people will forget exactly what he did to get his rings but they'll just look that he has them and that his statistics matchup well with anyone. Personally I think rings are extremely overrated when it comes to comparing players (in any sport). Rings are much more a factor of team and circumstance than of individual talent. But most fans don't view it that way.

if people are dogging Russell's rings, 50 years after the fact, Durant will get the same heat.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 01:30 PM

nobody faults Magic for playing in a creampuff conference his entire career either. So?

aman_13
08-25-2017, 01:38 PM

You know I tend to agree with this.

The hate KD gets is really a compliment to his talent.

He will still go down as one of the greatest ever. He's too talented for us over look his ability imo.

Vinylman
08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
that's the best part about being a fan dude, I don't have to know the truth. I get to judge the action alone.

Dude is a pansy, straight up. Doesn't mean I don't understand why he made the decision he did.

how people don't understand this is beyond hilarious...

twellner9
08-25-2017, 01:42 PM
nobody faults Magic for playing in a creampuff conference his entire career either. So?

Also nobody faults Jordan for winning all his rings in a weak NBA. All the dynasties got old and the league kept adding expansion teams to water down the competition for him.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Also nobody faults Jordan for winning all his rings in a weak NBA. All the dynasties got old and the league kept adding expansion teams to water down the competition for him.

shhh, can't repeat that. There are a lot of people here who think the NBA in the 90's can't be touched as far as how great everyone was.

Jamiecballer
08-25-2017, 03:18 PM
how people don't understand this is beyond hilarious...

meh, i think it's more humorous that there are actually adults out there who believe they know why strangers do what they do. like not just guess, but KNOW. perhaps somebody can tell me the precise, singular reason that C.J. Miles signed with the Raptors.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 03:59 PM
meh, i think it's more humorous that there are actually adults out there who believe they know why strangers do what they do. like not just guess, but KNOW. perhaps somebody can tell me the precise, singular reason that C.J. Miles signed with the Raptors.

obviously an extreme example, but when I see someone helping an old lady cross the street, I don't know why they did it, but they did. When we read someone shot their husband, we don't know why they did it, but educated guesses are made.

Thing is, we don't need to know why. And Durant doesn't have to explain the truth, he could have done it, "just cause". However, we absolutely get to form our own individual judgment about his decision, or anyone else's.

CJ Miles signing with anyone doesn't matter. It doesn't change the landscape of the league, and change the fortunes of 29 other teams. Durant signing with GS does. Every decision is weighted differently, you can't just arbitrarily toss an example out as a defense for Durant.

Durant may have very well made the best move for himself. But he won't be perceived in a positive light by most fans going forward, for anything he does in GS, barring injuries/loss of talent, to level the playing field.

What he did is unprecedented. He and his fans need to learn to live with the criticism, and move on.

Jamiecballer
08-25-2017, 07:28 PM
obviously an extreme example, but when I see someone helping an old lady cross the street, I don't know why they did it, but they did. When we read someone shot their husband, we don't know why they did it, but educated guesses are made.

Thing is, we don't need to know why. And Durant doesn't have to explain the truth, he could have done it, "just cause". However, we absolutely get to form our own individual judgment about his decision, or anyone else's.

CJ Miles signing with anyone doesn't matter. It doesn't change the landscape of the league, and change the fortunes of 29 other teams. Durant signing with GS does. Every decision is weighted differently, you can't just arbitrarily toss an example out as a defense for Durant.

Durant may have very well made the best move for himself. But he won't be perceived in a positive light by most fans going forward, for anything he does in GS, barring injuries/loss of talent, to level the playing field.

What he did is unprecedented. He and his fans need to learn to live with the criticism, and move on.Well you are right, it is an extreme example. The difference is that shooting someone is universally considered reprehensible whereas signing a contract with a sports team is neither good or bad inherently. Yeah, yeah, I know shooting someone isn't inherently bad either but again, universal. The circumstances, other than self defense, are irelevent. I get your point, but it's off the mark. If the news was Kevin Durant signed a contract it wouldn't be viewed in any particular way.

It's also silly to expect Golden State fans to stop responding since the topic is being brought up over and over every five mins.

IndyRealist
08-25-2017, 07:33 PM
I mean this is an idiotic comment. He was drafted into the East he didn't have a choice. Plus he still needs to beat the West in the finals. Since LBJ was drafted there has been 8 NBA champions out of the West and 6 NBA champions out of the East. Hardly that lopsided.

Lol y'all are so easy to rile up.

nastynice
08-25-2017, 07:48 PM

He's only got one, but yea, if he keeps performing like he did in the playoffs last year and they rattle off a few, no doubt people will see him as one of the best. The guy avg 35 pt in the finals, what a freakin savage, while playing some good defense on lebron.

I think both him and curry will keep elevating, they def got much more potential still

Scoots
08-25-2017, 09:51 PM

What he did is unprecedented. He and his fans need to learn to live with the criticism, and move on.

The only issue I have is the idea that "most fans" won't see him in a positive light. Most fans don't know most players names ... more know his name but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of NBA consumers don't know where he played 2 years ago if you asked them. My 87 year old mother watches hundreds of games a year and doesn't know ANYTHING about any team that isn't "her team". My wife watches games even when I'm not around and her biggest issue with the NBA isn't the lack of parity, but that the end of close games takes too long. I think it's very unlikely more than half of the NBA's consumers dislike KD.

Scoots
08-25-2017, 09:54 PM
It's also silly to expect Golden State fans to stop responding since the topic is being brought up over and over every five mins.

I'm trying. I'm really trying. And I don't have an opinion of him as a man at all ... I just have a problem with the absolute black and white terms people put it in.

tredigs
08-25-2017, 09:59 PM
The only issue I have is the idea that "most fans" won't see him in a positive light. Most fans don't know most players names ... more know his name but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if 50% of NBA consumers don't know where he played 2 years ago if you asked them. My 87 year old mother watches hundreds of games a year and doesn't know ANYTHING about any team that isn't "her team". My wife watches games even when I'm not around and her biggest issue with the NBA isn't the lack of parity, but that the end of close games takes too long. I think it's very unlikely more than half of the NBA's consumers dislike KD.

Unless all these fans are just buying his jersey's/shoes in order to burn them, yes, I would say it's fair for a rational human to presume that KD is one of the top 5 most popular basketball players on the planet. Probably #3. NBA superfan forum discussion can distort people's understanding of the global market.

Vinsanity115
08-26-2017, 02:21 AM
KG/Ray/Pierce stated it. LeBron embarrassed it. Durant climaxed it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
08-26-2017, 06:07 AM
Okay, I'm getting sick of these KD threads. Can we stop it? He left to a historic great team and will win championships. Like it or not, Warriors did an amazing job of planning all of this. Hate your OWN team for not being that smart. End of story; let's move on. Rings or no rings, KD was still 2-4th best in my eyes so I don't really care. He's one of the best ever and I'd take him on my team any day.

IndyRealist
08-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Okay, I'm getting sick of these KD threads. Can we stop it? He left to a historic great team and will win championships. Like it or not, Warriors did an amazing job of planning all of this. Hate your OWN team for not being that smart. End of story; let's move on. Rings or no rings, KD was still 2-4th best in my eyes so I don't really care. He's one of the best ever and I'd take him on my team any day.

^

Also, it was a once in a lifetime quirk of the salary cap because they NBAPA (read Lebron and Chris Paul) wanted their extra $10M right up front on their max deals. It may never happen again.

Jamiecballer
08-26-2017, 08:33 AM
I'm trying. I'm really trying. And I don't have an opinion of him as a man at all ... I just have a problem with the absolute black and white terms people put it in.Ditto. I'm not a warriors fan nor do I care about Durant one way or the other.

I try to think of it this way: do I want people making such harsh judgements about me when they don't know me for ****? I dont. If I'm in a shoppers drug mart and in a moment of anger I raise my voice at my son for putting his hands on stuff, do I want people to automatically walk away and say he's an awful parent, a horrible individual "I know this"? Might they feel differently if they knew that he is on the autism spectrum and he has touched every god damn thing in the store for the last 15 mins including knocking over 2 displays? If the attitudes on this site are any indication all you need to know about me can be gleaned from that moment in time - I'm an awful human being apparently.

I'm not saying it's not disappointing to see such a great player make a fantastic team that much better. And people dont have to respect him - he knew he was going to be on an especially good team based on his choice, but the endless character smearing are not fair.

I'm just acknowledging the obvious - I'm more qualified to make judgements about people who post in here than I am Kevin Durant - at least I've actually had conversations with them. Except Ewing, he's an un-readable mask of smart-assery [emoji4]

warfelg
08-26-2017, 08:38 AM
KG/Ray/Pierce stated it. LeBron embarrassed it. Durant climaxed it.

1 simple reason the Boston big 3 gets a pass.

Everyone was traded for.

Vinsanity115
08-26-2017, 12:03 PM

Everyone was traded for.That is true but it was our first real taste. Definitely not in the same ballpark as KD. Well, no one will ever be. You can't really top that.

warfelg
08-26-2017, 12:32 PM
That is true but it was our first real taste. Definitely not in the same ballpark as KD. Well, no one will ever be. You can't really top that.

So those teams in the 70's that had 3-4 HOF's at one time didn't happen?

Just frankly IMO if the team is traded for (not in the way the Heat Big 3 were), or drafted I'm ok with it. As soon as they sign big players to tilt the odds in their favor I'm a little less open to it.

Chronz
08-26-2017, 01:55 PM
Lol y'all are so easy to rile up.
You take that as a riled up comment?

Chronz
08-26-2017, 01:57 PM

Just frankly IMO if the team is traded for (not in the way the Heat Big 3 were), or drafted I'm ok with it. As soon as they sign big players to tilt the odds in their favor I'm a little less open to it.

70s was known for parity. What hofers do you speak of

Chronz
08-26-2017, 01:58 PM

Everyone was traded for.

1 simple reason that's BS

Kg CHOSE where to go. That he was still under contract while negotiating doesn't help your morality clause

Chronz
08-26-2017, 02:00 PM
That is true but it was our first real taste. Definitely not in the same ballpark as KD. Well, no one will ever be. You can't really top that.

I've already made money off kds cowardice but I'd be willing to bet till the day I reach 60 that kds defection will never be topped . He's that much of an outlier historically

Chronz
08-26-2017, 02:03 PM
Ditto. I'm not a warriors fan nor do I care about Durant one way or the other.

I try to think of it this way: do I want people making such harsh judgements about me when they don't know me for ****? I dont. If I'm in a shoppers drug mart and in a moment of anger I raise my voice at my son for putting his hands on stuff, do I want people to automatically walk away and say he's an awful parent, a horrible individual "I know this"? Might they feel differently if they knew that he is on the autism spectrum and he has touched every god damn thing in the store for the last 15 mins including knocking over 2 displays? If the attitudes on this site are any indication all you need to know about me can be gleaned from that moment in time - I'm an awful human being apparently.

I'm not saying it's not disappointing to see such a great player make a fantastic team that much better. And people dont have to respect him - he knew he was going to be on an especially good team based on his choice, but the endless character smearing are not fair.

I'm just acknowledging the obvious - I'm more qualified to make judgements about people who post in here than I am Kevin Durant - at least I've actually had conversations with them. Except Ewing, he's an un-readable mask of smart-assery [emoji4]

Couldn't finish reading your post out of distaste but yes for that moment (if it was called for) I would absolutely think less of you. This is all this is, a moment for kd to be known as a coward. That it continues is how he's different than you yelling

Chronz
08-26-2017, 02:05 PM

Smarts? Lmfao. Right Cuz ankles can be projected and teams always draft smart

Chronz
08-26-2017, 02:07 PM
You know I tend to agree with this.

The hate KD gets is really a compliment to his talent.

He will still go down as one of the greatest ever. He's too talented for us over look his ability imo.

I hate him Cuz I knew his talent and he forfeited all right to the throne.

Jamiecballer
08-26-2017, 04:20 PM
Couldn't finish reading your post out of distaste but yes for that moment (if it was called for) I would absolutely think less of you. This is all this is, a moment for kd to be known as a coward. That it continues is how he's different than you yellingLmao hilarious

Vinylman
08-26-2017, 09:07 PM

Ummm ... he didn't do it for money

He isn't from the bay area

so it is pretty obvious he did it for the easy path to a chip...

Not a lot of guesswork involved

nastynice
08-26-2017, 10:26 PM

Not a lot of guesswork involved

Or maybe he wanted a chance to possibly be part of the best team in history. Taking friendly deals to keep depth. He prob feels confident GS will take care of him, he saw how they approached curry. No hesitation

He's got his chip. He's going for something bigger than that. Not a lot of guess work involved :)

I won't lie, KD in Washington would've been sick as hell, but as a dubs fan how could I oppose his decision? lol

Phase 2 begins soon, my friend, prepare for that hate to run deeper, haha :smoking:

Jamiecballer
08-26-2017, 10:47 PM

Not a lot of guesswork involvedLol I forgot those are the only possible choices

Vinylman
08-27-2017, 10:44 AM
Lol I forgot those are the only possible choices

What else is there?

Its easy to concoct a narrative after the fact.... so what was it?

Even nastynice agreed although he doesn't seem to see he has which makes it even funnier

nastynice
08-27-2017, 11:55 AM
What else is there?

Its easy to concoct a narrative after the fact.... so what was it?

Even nastynice agreed although he doesn't seem to see he has which makes it even funnier

If taking the easiest way out and a shot at being the greatest team in the history of the sport are the same thing then yea, def agree :nod:

Keep licking the salt out them wounds, soon the pain will subside and you'll be able to think properly :)

tredigs
08-27-2017, 12:21 PM
If taking the easiest way out and being the greatest team in the history of the sport are the same thing then yea, def agree :nod:

Keep licking the salt out them wounds, soon the pain will subside and you'll be able to think properly :)
To be fair, he has been on this site longer than I have and I can't recall a single substantial post until this KD renaissance he has gone on. So, at least now, a decade in, he has found a purpose. VinylTheHater. Get it girl.

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 02:26 PM
I am sick of the KD talk but what did you think KD was thinking about when he joined the Warriors? That they were a scrub team? Do you think KD is that dense to not realize the Warriors would put the league at an unfair advantage? KD knew what he was doing. He just believes winning will erase it.

tredigs
08-27-2017, 03:44 PM
I am sick of the KD talk but what did you think KD was thinking about when he joined the Warriors? That they were a scrub team? Do you think KD is that dense to not realize the Warriors would put the league at an unfair advantage? KD knew what he was doing. He just believes winning will erase it.

The thing is that they are a lot more than a good team (IE just a collection of talent). He knew they would be dominant which I guarantee was a plus in his mind, but he also saw (and has spoke on) the culture they developed and the community/fans he would be a part of. Ultimately, he just saw a way better life both on and off the court, and jumped at the opportunity. An opportunity 99% of superstars have never had due to the cap situation, which is why the "X Never never would have done this!!!! " talk is just pure ignorance. Many, many star players would have very likely done the same given a crazy opportunity like that.

Vinylman
08-27-2017, 04:23 PM
The thing is that they are a lot more than a good team (IE just a collection of talent). He knew they would be dominant which I guarantee was a plus in his mind, but he also saw (and has spoke on) the culture they developed and the community/fans he would be a part of. Ultimately, he just saw a way better life both on and off the court, and jumped at the opportunity. An opportunity 99% of superstars have never had due to the cap situation, which is why the "X Never never would have done this!!!! " talk is just pure ignorance. Many, many star players would have very likely done the same given a crazy opportunity like that.

LMFAO... dubs fans will deep throat the dude to the bitter end

the ignorance is dubs fans not seeing his move for what it was ... the easiest path to a ring...

any post mortem narrative is convenient for those that think he has to rationalize his decision....

it is what it is ... ***** move made by a once in a generation Vag

tredigs
08-27-2017, 04:32 PM

the ignorance is dubs fans not seeing his move for what it was ... the easiest path to a ring...

any post mortem narrative is convenient for those that think he has to rationalize his decision....

You have issues kid. Figure it out.

Vinylman
08-27-2017, 04:37 PM
You have issues kid. Figure it out.

nah... some of us just have the life experience to see things for what they are...

KD is a Vag... he bitc hed out and he knows it... that's why he is so easy to gaslight...

dubs fans and KD just need to embrace it...

tredigs
08-27-2017, 05:16 PM
nah... some of us just have the life experience to see things for what they are...

KD is a Vag... he bitc hed out and he knows it... that's why he is so easy to gaslight...

dubs fans and KD just need to embrace it...

Suspect at best. You're irrational and a borderline psychopath on the subject if we are being frank here. I'd love to hear about your life experience that you think grants you ths when you have the time between tirades.

likemystylez
08-27-2017, 05:37 PM

just dont understand why he is hated on for that. It was his choice in free agency and he put himself in the best position to accomplish his goals.

In the real world amongst rational people, thats a completely understandable decision and it makes sense. The KD haters seem to think KD has some obligation to throw his goals and dreams by the waist side and have making the league as "fair" as possible his number 1 priority in his decision.

OKC got paul george, theyre going to be fine. players go to teams, teams get better, other teams make moves to compete- This notion that the league is ruined while revenue is at record levels, and we are having the most exciting offseason in decades is ridiculous

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 05:41 PM

We're talking about his competitive personality, though. Okay, I get it. You're in a beautiful city with a franchise that will dominate for many years to come with or without you. You have a socially conscious group of teammates who fit your personality. I've been to California (not necessarily the Bay Area but it's close) and if I had the choice, I would choose to live there over 95% of the world but it's basketball and on a pure basketball discussion, I can't accept that someone would consciously ruin the league. Yes, it is ruined. Warriors fans aren't going to sleep thinking about whether or not they win tomorrow's game but how many points their team will win by. Durant is going to sleep knowing the pressure of winning is minimal due to how stacked the deck is. Look, I understand his decision. I would do the same. I understand Warriors fans defending the dude like they should. He's the reason the league is in shambles sorting out combinations to beat the Warriors. But no one can sit there and say he didn't opt for the decision that make it the least competitive. The fact LeBron had an otherwordly series for the ages and it felt the Cavs were just barely hanging on is evidence that this was just a ruining of the league. With that being said, I think it's the past and people can view KD's career however they wish. I always knew he had top 10 NBA history talent and he was one of my favorite players. I'm still salty but he put in a legendary career for us. I just hope the rest of the league wises up and use the Warriors as a benchmark.

xxplayerxx23
08-27-2017, 05:42 PM
ok lets talk about this

Without kd cavs beat the warriors last year and this year.

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 05:49 PM

Bold statement. Cavs barely won game 7 last year. Literally came down to the final seconds.

This year, they won't have Durant but they'll have enough money to sign another elite player. Hard to quantify and predict these things but I would still have the Warriors as clear favorites just by the fact that I think they would have gotten another player(s) capable of filling in some key gaps the Warriors still have.

PayDaPiper
08-27-2017, 06:05 PM

Everyone was traded for.

Warriors should get a bigger pass because they did it the right way. Steph, Klay and Dray are all draft picks. They were able to land KD because Curry was on probably the most underpaid contract in league history, which he signed because he had the worst glass ankles in league history.

What was KD suppose to do? Join the Nets? He had an opportunity to create a squad that's gonna run the league for a few years, why not?

The loyalty card is over as well. Franchises don't give a **** about their players, they want to win! Players feel the same and they should. The Spurs would have been unbeatable if he had went their too, when an all time player switches teams they are going to succeed. Lebron goes to the Nets, they are a contender.

I am a Dubs fan so I friggin love it, I would be salty as hell if I wasn't. I am also a 49ers fan who suck and hate the Patriots for being the best for it seems like forever. Just deal with it, everything comes to end sooner or later!

PayDaPiper
08-27-2017, 06:07 PM

If Steph is healthy last year, the Warriors win that series but they don't get Durant. Losing the finals and landing Kevin Durant is well worth it!

5ass
08-27-2017, 06:22 PM
****ing warriors....

tredigs
08-27-2017, 06:38 PM
We're talking about his competitive personality, though. Okay, I get it. You're in a beautiful city with a franchise that will dominate for many years to come with or without you. You have a socially conscious group of teammates who fit your personality. I've been to California (not necessarily the Bay Area but it's close) and if I had the choice, I would choose to live there over 95% of the world but it's basketball and on a pure basketball discussion, I can't accept that someone would consciously ruin the league. Yes, it is ruined. Warriors fans aren't going to sleep thinking about whether or not they win tomorrow's game but how many points their team will win by. Durant is going to sleep knowing the pressure of winning is minimal due to how stacked the deck is. Look, I understand his decision. I would do the same. I understand Warriors fans defending the dude like they should. He's the reason the league is in shambles sorting out combinations to beat the Warriors. But no one can sit there and say he didn't opt for the decision that make it the least competitive. The fact LeBron had an otherwordly series for the ages and it felt the Cavs were just barely hanging on is evidence that this was just a ruining of the league. With that being said, I think it's the past and people can view KD's career however they wish. I always knew he had top 10 NBA history talent and he was one of my favorite players. I'm still salty but he put in a legendary career for us. I just hope the rest of the league wises up and use the Warriors as a benchmark.
To be fair to you I'll be honest and say I just stopped when you said "yes, it is ruined". Maybe to you. Maybe to PSD superhaters. Not to the world, though. In fact, it is as strong as ever. Do you accept/comprehend that? Do you need stats to prove it?
I need to know what linchpin of society you guys are detached at do I can best help you out. If at all possible at this point lol. You kids are... Well being kids.

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 06:53 PM
To be fair to you I'll be honest and say I just stopped when you said "yes, it is ruined". Maybe to you. Maybe to PSD superhaters. Not to the world, though. In fact, it is as strong as ever. Do you accept/comprehend that? Do you need stats to prove it?
I need to know what linchpin of society you guys are detached at do I can best help you out. If at all possible at this point lol. You kids are... Well being kids.

I'll be honest with you. I'm done engaging in any civil discussion or any discussion with you for that matter. You just like to put people down in every post. It's insufferable reading through your post and finding any positive attachment to it. Everything from you is negative and depressing. I'm out. Hope you find your peace because something tells me you need it.

tredigs
08-27-2017, 07:00 PM
I'll be honest with you. I'm done engaging in any civil discussion or any discussion with you for that matter. You just like to put people down in every post. It's insufferable reading through your post and finding any positive attachment to it. Everything from you is negative and depressing. I'm out. Hope you find your peace because something tells me you need it.

AKA I have no logical response. Good night kid.

Scoots
08-27-2017, 07:21 PM

Through this forum I've grown to respect you ... you fight for what you believe like many others here and don't resort to name calling too often :).

That said, you also said you were tired of this subject and here you are feeding the trolls.

Let's you and me just not comment any more on this tired *** subject.

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 07:36 PM
Through this forum I've grown to respect you ... you fight for what you believe like many others here and don't resort to name calling too often :).

That said, you also said you were tired of this subject and here you are feeding the trolls.

Only reason I'm posting here is simply because it's the most active thread outside of the Irving trade.
I've had many disagreements with practically everyone here (except Vee-Rex haha) but it's always been just disagreements. I get the sense that some individuals here, cough, cough, really get some sense of superiority by typing the way they do. It's actually a symptom of what do you call, keyboard warrior? Weird, keyboard warriors are usually teenagers but it seems we have the oldest keyboard grandmaster who continues calling everyone a kid. I hope he one day realizes that being a KID is ten times better than being a grumpy man who feels the need to be negative in his approach. Only reason I continue engaging in a discussion with him is due to his activity here. If I ignore him, it's one less person to discuss with. Then I realized he's not even discussing, he's just insulting everyone who doesn't hold his view. Okay, I won't comment on this thread anymore but I'm also thankful I don't have to read a guy repeat "kid" in every post of his. Good riddance.

tredigs
08-27-2017, 07:49 PM

Like yourself (ever since you grew into the main forum after the Warriors became relevant), he's grown to become MUCH more passive aggressive and just a general de-railer of threads. Kudos to you both. Myself, I tend to hit the horn on the head.

nastynice
08-27-2017, 09:14 PM
If we're talking about ruining the league, I think the NBA takes more blame. That Dray suspension was absolutely bogus, and the cavs reaped off of it as did the NBA last year...well, then came our turn to reap... ;)

Scoots
08-27-2017, 09:41 PM
Only reason I'm posting here is simply because it's the most active thread outside of the Irving trade.
I've had many disagreements with practically everyone here (except Vee-Rex haha) but it's always been just disagreements. I get the sense that some individuals here, cough, cough, really get some sense of superiority by typing the way they do. It's actually a symptom of what do you call, keyboard warrior? Weird, keyboard warriors are usually teenagers but it seems we have the oldest keyboard grandmaster who continues calling everyone a kid. I hope he one day realizes that being a KID is ten times better than being a grumpy man who feels the need to be negative in his approach. Only reason I continue engaging in a discussion with him is due to his activity here. If I ignore him, it's one less person to discuss with. Then I realized he's not even discussing, he's just insulting everyone who doesn't hold his view. Okay, I won't comment on this thread anymore but I'm also thankful I don't have to read a guy repeat "kid" in every post of his. Good riddance.

Indeed.

tredigs
08-28-2017, 01:28 AM

Hawk essentially holds your same positions on KD. Do I disrespect him? Nope. He's a class act by and large. Don't think there is not a chasm there. I'm not as old as you think, but man do you have a lot to learn.

Granted, you showed promise a few posts ago. Stick to those guns.

Vivianwang
08-28-2017, 04:06 AM
Steve Noah of Operation Sports provided a side-by-side comparison of how the NBA 2K18 (http://www.nbacoinsbuy.com/) Hayward compares to the model from NBA 2K17.Celtics fans have been eagerly awaiting the moment Gordon Hayward pulls on the classic Celtics jersey for the first time.

Thanks to the team at NBA 2K, everyone got a glimpse at how the video game version of Hayward looks in the C's green and white.

likemystylez
08-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Steve Noah of Operation Sports provided a side-by-side comparison of how the NBA 2K18 (http://www.nbacoinsbuy.com/) Hayward compares to the model from NBA 2K17.Celtics fans have been eagerly awaiting the moment Gordon Hayward pulls on the classic Celtics jersey for the first time.

Thanks to the team at NBA 2K, everyone got a glimpse at how the video game version of Hayward looks in the C's green and white.

and thats how the warriors ruined the NBA?

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 09:23 AM
god I can't wait for the season to start. It's like Groundhog Day up in here

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 09:24 AM
and thats how the warriors ruined the NBA?

precisely

Scoots
08-28-2017, 10:34 AM

Just a month to go.

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 10:37 AM

Just frankly IMO if the team is traded for (not in the way the Heat Big 3 were), or drafted I'm ok with it. As soon as they sign big players to tilt the odds in their favor I'm a little less open to it.I don't think they're very similiar at all other than they're both dominant.

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 10:38 AM

Thanks to the team at NBA 2K, everyone got a glimpse at how the video game version of Hayward looks in the C's green and white.Wut.

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 10:39 AM
If we're talking about ruining the league, I think the NBA takes more blame. That Dray suspension was absolutely bogus, and the cavs reaped off of it as did the NBA last year...well, then came our turn to reap... ;)Should Dray not have been suspended previously in what may have knocked them out earlier?

Feel like this debate has been drawn out..

IndyRealist
08-28-2017, 11:03 AM
Just a month to go.

Thank gawd they're starting a week early.

Vinylman
08-28-2017, 02:21 PM
Suspect at best. You're irrational and a borderline psychopath on the subject if we are being frank here. I'd love to hear about your life experience that you think grants you ths when you have the time between tirades.

Its ok dude... I know how to evaluate people and know what motivates their decision making...

Let me know when you have run a company with over 1500 employees maybe then we can talk about life experience...

KD is a punk as s biotch who took the easy way out... doesn't matter to me if you see it or not ... it just tells me you can't set aside your fandom for all things dubs...

likemystylez
08-28-2017, 02:27 PM
Its ok dude... I know how to evaluate people and know what motivates their decision making...

Let me know when you have run a company with over 1500 employees maybe then we can talk about life experience...

KD is a punk as s biotch who took the easy way out... doesn't matter to me if you see it or not ... it just tells me you can't set aside your fandom for all things dubs...

heaven forbid a player use his free agency to go to a team that you dont approve of? The easy way out????? wtf, you make it sound like he cheated or he stole from someone. he made a career decision to put himself int he best position to accomplish his goals. You act like he is the first adult on the planet to do that. KDs job is not to make sure the league is completely balanced and its insane that so many fans hold him accountable

hugepatsfan
08-28-2017, 02:44 PM
Honestly as a fan I think it's most fun to pretend GS doesn't exist. GS is obviously #1 and nothing anyone has done will change it. We all get it. But moving on, there have been so many interesting moves and fun discussions about everything from #2 on down so we might as well just focus on that and ignore that GS is clearly #1. Because if you do that the league is actually so interesting.

FlashBolt
08-28-2017, 02:56 PM
Out of the topic but if anyone is affected by Hurricane Harvey, be safe. Heard it's getting crazy out there so hope everyone is doing fine.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2017, 04:57 PM
Out of the topic but if anyone is affected by Hurricane Harvey, be safe. Heard it's getting crazy out there so hope everyone is doing fine.

I lived in Houston/Galveston for 19 years. I am so glad I am not there anymore. They are getting destroyed dude.

SteBO
08-28-2017, 04:58 PM

I can tell you for certain that nobody on an Internet forum cares about your life experiences and its posts like this why Dubs fans no matter how sensitive are responding in kind.....must we treat sports like a cathedral?

KD move lacked competitive character, but in no way am I ever going to character assasinate him. No matter how much I loathe his FA decision, I have a hard time blaming him completely. Bafoons in the media puts A LOT of stock on ring count.

SteBO
08-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Honestly as a fan I think it's most fun to pretend GS doesn't exist. GS is obviously #1 and nothing anyone has done will change it. We all get it. But moving on, there have been so many interesting moves and fun discussions about everything from #2 on down so we might as well just focus on that and ignore that GS is clearly #1. Because if you do that the league is actually so interesting.
No joke, this has been the craziest NBA offseason I've ever seen....and it changes nothing in terms of end result.

FlashBolt
08-28-2017, 05:25 PM
Next offseason will be crazier. So many storylines.

IndyRealist
08-28-2017, 06:29 PM
I lived in Houston/Galveston for 19 years. I am so glad I am not there anymore. They are getting destroyed dude.

Luckily this year I moved up to Spring/The Woodlands. Everything south of I-10 is underwater.

lakers squad
08-28-2017, 06:57 PM

Lmao, Hawkeye getting the truth out there in only a few words...no debating those fact's!

Hawkeye15
08-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Luckily this year I moved up to Spring/The Woodlands. Everything south of I-10 is underwater.

I lived in Friendswood, which is totally effed. In college, I lived in Galveston/Dickinson, which is also totally effed.

It's crazy down there, and it will only get worse.

IndyRealist
08-29-2017, 09:56 AM
I lived in Friendswood, which is totally effed. In college, I lived in Galveston/Dickinson, which is also totally effed.

Yeah I was in Webster/Clear Lake. It's going to be a disaster area for years.

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 12:12 PM

I dont believe that. I think at some point in the future, conditions will be better than they have been the last few days- but it might get worse before it gets better

Hawkeye15
08-29-2017, 12:23 PM
I dont believe that. I think at some point in the future, conditions will be better than they have been the last few days- but it might get worse before it gets better

that is what I mean though. The next few days will get even worse for Houstonians.

kdspurman
08-29-2017, 12:44 PM
that is what I mean though. The next few days will get even worse for Houstonians.

Yup. The rain is still coming too, probably for the next day, and maybe more in the upcoming days.

It's a really crappy situation

nastynice
08-29-2017, 12:54 PM
Should Dray not have been suspended previously in what may have knocked them out earlier?

Feel like this debate has been drawn out..

Maybe. That was at least a judgement call, had they suspended him I wouldn't be able to say it was bogus. Him not being suspended isn't bogus either tho. You can disagree with it sure, but not unprecedented first time in NBA history type a **** like the Dray suspension

Also in that round, NOT suspending him is what woulda helped ratings, cuz we were down 3-1, not up, so ya know, that's how the cookie crumbled. Except that ****ed the league too since its kd that ended up leaving okc, lol.

nastynice
08-29-2017, 01:02 PM

I'd rather own one with 150 than run one with 1500 tho, wouldn't you?

And given this phenomenal achievement, why would a basketball team have this large affect on your actual personal well being?

Damn, someone forgot about they employees!!

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 01:14 PM
Yup. The rain is still coming too, probably for the next day, and maybe more in the upcoming days.

It's a really crappy situation

and again- lets just blame the warriors for this as well by putting it in this thread.... kinda like that chinese houston journalist draymond got fired a couple yrs ago

LaVar Ball
08-29-2017, 01:38 PM

You were doing so well until that last sentence.

Be humble and stay in yo lane!

Hawkeye15
08-29-2017, 01:44 PM
You were doing so well until that last sentence.

Be humble and stay in yo lane!

I don't think we have seen this good of an NBA team before. Not that big of a stretch to say we might not see one as good again.

R. Johnson#3
08-29-2017, 01:44 PM
ok lets talk about this

Actually in Miami's first year with the big 3 EVERYBODY had them winning the championship but then they choked.

Vinylman
08-29-2017, 01:52 PM

And given this phenomenal achievement, why would a basketball team have this large affect on your actual personal well being?

Damn, someone forgot about they employees!!

LMFAO... who said I didn't own it...

Its just funny to watch Dubs fans talk **** like it is some major accomplishment winning with the roster they have. It isn't... it isn't even close to the best championship the team has ever won... the championship from the 70s is easily the teams best and will never be surpassed by this current group

context matters... not just in sports but in life ... sadly the current generation can't do enough critical thinking to understand that...

and before I forget....

KD is a punk as s bi tch who deserves all the derision he gets.

He and his fans need to own it and embrace it... then and only then will people cut him some slack

Hawkeye15
08-29-2017, 02:00 PM
Actually in Miami's first year with the big 3 EVERYBODY had them winning the championship but then they choked.

I don't think a lot of people looked at Miami as unbeatable, like they do these Warriors the past few years. The issues with Miami were obvious, but people also figured that a peak LeBron, with acceptable help, would win chips for sure. And he did. But the holes on those teams were easy to see

Vinylman
08-29-2017, 02:00 PM
I don't think we have seen this good of an NBA team before. Not that big of a stretch to say we might not see one as good again.

on paper? or in terms of results?

I might buy into the on paper ... time will tell on the results

Jamiecballer
08-29-2017, 02:02 PM

Damn, someone forgot about they employees!!It's funny how he touts his ability to understand people expertly a page or so after saying, and I'm paraphrasing here because I'm on my phone, something along the lines of "its not about money and he's not from the area what else could it be"

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
08-29-2017, 02:02 PM
on paper? or in terms of results?

I might buy into the on paper ... time will tell on the results

paper. When this next 2 years is done, barring injury, they have won 3/4 chips, and made a mockery of the playoffs for a couple of three of the playoff runs.

That portion is yet to be determined, sure. But it's not a stretch Nostradamus needs to predict..

Vinylman
08-29-2017, 02:08 PM
paper. When this next 2 years is done, barring injury, they have won 3/4 chips, and made a mockery of the playoffs for a couple of three of the playoff runs.

That portion is yet to be determined, sure. But it's not a stretch Nostradamus needs to predict..

like I said.. I agree on paper... especially when you consider they are all in their early peak or just entering it.

The other factor in their favor is the ability to sign people for the vet minimum which no longer is chump change...

of course that and the lack of competitiveness from a lot of players looking for cheap rings :D

lakers squad
08-29-2017, 05:19 PM

Not sure if we have seen better, but dang I could think of two or three great team's of the past that I would pay to see play these guy's!

IndyRealist
08-29-2017, 06:40 PM

Yeah, everything from the Northern areas is now draining into downtown Houston, to get to the gulf. So waters are rising even though the rain slowed down. This was Galveston's worst day since Harvey started.

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 07:25 PM
Yeah, everything from the Northern areas is now draining into downtown Houston, to get to the gulf. So waters are rising even though the rain slowed down. This was Galveston's worst day since Harvey started.

why does this continue to be part of the thread blaming the warriors? we get it they signed kd and people dont like it- but every one of the worlds problems is not the warriors fault....... Good lord the warriors haters are worse than BLM with this painting blame for EVERYTHING.

IndyRealist
08-29-2017, 08:05 PM

why does this continue to be part of the thread blaming the warriors? we get it they signed kd and people dont like it- but every one of the worlds problems is not the warriors fault....... Good lord the warriors haters are worse than BLM with this painting blame for EVERYTHING.

Seriously what is wrong with you?

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 08:14 PM

not that I dont think its horrible, I just dont see what it has to do with this thread. There is a thread about houstons owner donating to the hurricane harvey fund (which I think is fantastic, and very commendable)

IndyRealist
08-29-2017, 08:24 PM
not that I dont think its horrible, I just dont see what it has to do with this thread. There is a thread about houstons owner donating to the hurricane harvey fund (which I think is fantastic, and very commendable)

This is where the question was asked, which happened before the Les Alexander thread was made, so this is where the replies were posted. If a mod feels it shouldn't be here, they can delete the post and the replies.

nastynice
08-29-2017, 08:41 PM
LMFAO... who said I didn't own it...

Its just funny to watch Dubs fans talk **** like it is some major accomplishment winning with the roster they have. It isn't... it isn't even close to the best championship the team has ever won... the championship from the 70s is easily the teams best and will never be surpassed by this current group

context matters... not just in sports but in life ... sadly the current generation can't do enough critical thinking to understand that...

and before I forget....

KD is a punk as s bi tch who deserves all the derision he gets.

He and his fans need to own it and embrace it... then and only then will people cut him some slack

If you're an owner, then act like one. Or are you strictly there for the yays and nays? I guess that would make sense given your attempt at a pat on the back from an Internet forum...

KD don't need no slack. We just ran a train on the league. We can cut our own slack ;)

FlashBolt
08-29-2017, 10:04 PM

What did I do wrong? I made that post before I created that thread. If you want me to remove it, I will but I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 10:50 PM
What did I do wrong? I made that post before I created that thread. If you want me to remove it, I will but I didn't think it was that big of a deal.

it was directed at me. He used your quote to show the reason he went off topic in the thread

eDush
08-30-2017, 02:29 AM

it was directed at me. He used your quote to show the reason he went off topic in the threadBut he may have assumed it was me as we are both Dubs fans so I should take part of the blame :nod:

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 10:36 AM
But he may have assumed it was me as we are both Dubs fans so I should take part of the blame :nod:

Yea I think he thought it was you as you are a fake dubs fan and will have to change your username after the Raptors win 50.

IndyRealist
09-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Can new accounts not be allowed to start threads or post links for like, 200 posts?

Rush
09-05-2017, 07:00 PM
Can new accounts not be allowed to start threads or post links for like, 200 posts?

They have to have 100 posts to create threads.

IndyRealist
09-05-2017, 07:04 PM
They have to have 100 posts to create threads.

Can we vote to up that to 200? :clap:

JasonJohnHorn
09-05-2017, 10:08 PM
The Warriors, like the Spurs before them, and the Lakers and Pistons of the 80s, and the Bulls of the 90s, have demonstrated time and again that effective scouting/smart drafting, mixed with shrewd trades and the occasional free agent signing, can give teams dynasties. What the Warriors did was no different than what the Spurs have done. They just had a bigger free-agent signing than the Spurs (KD over LMA).

The Warriors built a team the way a team is supposed to be built. It's not like the Heat, who cleared all their cap space ad brought in a bunch of hired guns under the cloud of tampering allegations.

I mean... the 76ers have throw the past four seasons into the garbage to get high draft picks, and have had higher picks than the Warriors did while putting together Curry, Klay, Dray, and Barnes, and in the 'process', have only managed to put together a lottery team. Can't blame the Warriors for being good at drafting and creating an ideal landing spot for potential free agents.

Magic/Kareem/Worthy and Bird/McHale/Parish (each with other all-stars) made it clear what it took to win on a consistent basis in the NBA. Teams have been following suit (or trying to) ever since.

Scoots
09-05-2017, 10:32 PM
Magic/Kareem/Worthy and Bird/McHale/Parish (each with other all-stars) made it clear what it took to win on a consistent basis in the NBA. Teams have been following suit (or trying to) ever since.

The Bird/McHale/Parish doesn't happen without the Warriors making one of the worst trades in sports history.

Balltime
09-05-2017, 11:52 PM
Let's be honest. Lebron started it when he formed the big 3 in Miami. How many players got duped out of winning a ring because of it. KD is just following the trend.

FlashBolt
09-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Let's be honest. Lebron started it when he formed the big 3 in Miami. How many players got duped out of winning a ring because of it. KD is just following the trend.

You act as if LeBron's team were huge overwhelming favorites the way the Warriors are and will be. I could go over why you're wrong but I think most of us are able to comprehend the difference.

LaVar Ball
09-06-2017, 12:56 AM
The Warriors will die out soon, KD will become of the past, and mah boy Lonzo is gonna take over the league!

I HAVE SPOKEN IT INTO EXISTENCE!!!