PDA

View Full Version : Pacers File Tampering Claim Against the Lakers

Pages : [1] 2

IndyRealist
08-20-2017, 11:28 AM
The Indiana Pacers have reportedly filed charges against the Los Angeles Lakers for tampering with Paul George before the All-Star was traded to the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Per NBA journalist Peter Vecsey, Pacers owner Herb Simon filed the charges against the Lakers, and the NBA hired an independent law firm to investigate the matter.

It's unclear exactly what the Lakers did that the Pacers might have a case against. Lakers president Magic Johnson did an interview on Live with Jimmy Kimmel in April that raised some eyebrows when he discussed hypothetically meeting George on a vacation and not being able to say the team wants to add him:

[embedded video removed]

Alex Kennedy of Hoops Hype did note tampering is one of those things that is "tough to prove." Vecsey wrote the Lakers could lose draft picks or even be forbidden from signing George as a free agent if they are found guilty.

Tampering is rare in the NBA, though it has happened. The Atlanta Hawks, Houston Rockets and Sacramento Kings were all fined for tampering in 2013 after the league uncovered statements, emails and articles directly connected to the teams with information about players who were under contract somewhere else at the time.

George was traded to the Thunder on July 6. The 27-year-old played the first seven years of his career with the Pacers.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2728453-pacers-reportedly-filing-charges-against-lakers-for-tampering-with-paul-george

GREATNESS ONE
08-20-2017, 11:29 AM
Lol

lakerfan85
08-20-2017, 11:57 AM
The Pacers... Lol!!!

j-bay
08-20-2017, 11:58 AM
Lol

Wouldn't be laughing if they actually have proof, which i think they might. If they were that mad, they would have filed a claim a week after. The Lakers should lose their ability to sign Paul, but they won't. The leagues baby needs a partner. So I would go loss of a first maybe 2 1sts.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 12:22 PM
I can't remember the teams, but there was a tampering charge where the team got penalized because the players agent logged the player for 2 minutes spent at a time when the agent was talking to a team where the player was not employed. Neither the agent nor the penalized team admitted anything and the player never ended up with the penalized team. I think it comes down to if the league wants to penalize the team or not, and the NBA wants the Lakers to win.

nastynice
08-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Haha, oh ****

dhopisthename
08-20-2017, 12:40 PM
this is a big deal if they pacers have some sort of proof. Lakers can lose picks or be banned from signing George.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 01:18 PM
this is a big deal if they pacers have some sort of proof. Lakers can lose picks or be banned from signing George.

The Pacers don't need proof, they just accuse. The NBA finds the proof.

KB24PG16
08-20-2017, 01:54 PM
Lol

warfelg
08-20-2017, 02:45 PM
Good for the pacers. Always thought something fishy was there in this whole ordeal.

More-Than-Most
08-20-2017, 03:47 PM
this could get pretty interesting if they have proof... which is likely considering all the crap that went down lol.

TylerSL
08-20-2017, 04:03 PM
The Pacers may have a fair complaint but nothing is going to happen for several reasons. First, it's tough to prove. Doubtful the Lakers come out and admit to wrongdoing and while Magic did make a controversial statement on Jimmy Kimmel, there is no smoking gun. Secondly, why now? Indiana traded Paul George July 6th, 45 days ago, and Magic's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel was April 20th, 122 days ago. If Indiana filed charges immediately after Magic's comments or even in May or June before the trade that would be one thing, but waiting so long is odd. If it was that serious why would they wait?

It seems to me Indiana still has a bad taste in their mouth over the whole Paul George situation. They only traded him because George wanted out and then George killed their negotiating position when he openly said there was no way he was staying, they either trade him now for anything or lose him for nothing. It was widely known that George wanted to be a Laker and the Lakers were not offering much, a package involving some of Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Black, and Nance Jr. For some stupid reason the Pacers also had the intention of trading him to the Western Conference. With no good will coming from the Lakers they ultimately made the move they did with Oklahoma City, great for the Thunder.

Even if the Lakers are guilty, this entire ordeal was completely the Pacers fault. They had YEARS to put a good team around George and never did. They put defensive teams that had NO offensive capabilities around PG and then fired coach Vogel when they couldn't score. The blame doesn't only go to Larry Bird however because when it came time to trade George, the Pacers were more focused on hand picking his destination than their own future. They thought it more important to send him to a Western Conference team that wasn't the Lakers that they passed on better offers to do so. The Cavaliers and Celtics both had far greater offers than the Thunder but for some reason they only wanted him to go to the West. They even tried to give him to Golden State.

The Pacers have nobody to blame but themselves for the entire Paul George situation. Another reason nothing is going to come of this.

Triple_Ocho
08-20-2017, 04:17 PM
If the warriors didn't get hit with tampering after Draymond, Klay, and Curry admitted to texting Durant all year about joining them I don't see the Lakers being charged either.

j-bay
08-20-2017, 04:43 PM
At best the Lakers will lose a first. George is the biggest FA the Lakers could get next FA, and they aren't going to not give Lebron a big time player.

likemystylez
08-20-2017, 04:58 PM
If the warriors didn't get hit with tampering after Draymond, Klay, and Curry admitted to texting Durant all year about joining them I don't see the Lakers being charged either.

I think it has to be a member of the organization who actually makes decisions when contract offers are given, and my guess is that the players agent should be involved in the discussions.

Players talking casually with other players is not what the tampering rule is about, and in todays league with social media and the regular media trying to create storys about whos going where next summer- Im not sure how you would monitor casual conversation.

and lmao if you think warriors players were the only ones talking to KD at any point during the season

Lakers + Giants
08-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Guilty? No doubt about it in my mind.

Will we get caught? Hell no. Every ****in team does it.

And lmfao at the league Babies the Lakers..... all the teams do it. You guys ****in swear that just because the teams aren't caught it means they aren't doing it.

Cal827
08-20-2017, 05:10 PM
:laugh2: I would hope they have some sort of concrete proof, but as someone said, if they had evidence earlier, they should have filed it then (of course maybe the just got it).

Otherwise, it just seems like they're annoyed of people making fun of them (E.g. Dan Gilbert :laugh2: ) for trying to rip the Celtics off of their high firsts for a potential rent-a-player who probably wouldn't do enough to get them by in the East, and having to settle for a trade that doesn't really do anything for them (unless Sabonis develops), while having to pay MORE than they would have if they had retained George for one final season.

I don't know why they didn't take the Lakers offer during the draft of the two picks and Randle or Clarkson and tried to develop a Randle-Turner 4/5. I might be the only one, but I could see those two dominate the post for years to come, especially since Turner has range and is a good post protector (at least I was amazed when I saw him against Toronto a couple years ago in the playoffs), and Randle is kinda turning to a jack of all trades in the post (Poor Mans Pau Gasol at this moment, but he's only 22).

Maybe people who have seen Sabonis more can tell me exactly what his appeal is of this time (he's young too), but from the little that I've seen, he's been a little underwhelming (though things could obviously change).

Side note: I know George told the FO under wraps that he didn't intend on signing with the Pacers after 2018, but wasn't the front office of the pacers not only responsible for leaking the news to the media, and the part that he was going to LA after he becomes a FA? If George doesn't receive offers from teams (or Low ball offers) other than the Lakers next off-season, he should say the Pacers tampered with his free agency :laugh2:

ewing
08-20-2017, 05:11 PM
The Pacers may have a fair complaint but nothing is going to happen for several reasons. First, it's tough to prove. Doubtful the Lakers come out and admit to wrongdoing and while Magic did make a controversial statement on Jimmy Kimmel, there is no smoking gun. Secondly, why now? Indiana traded Paul George July 6th, 45 days ago, and Magic's appearance on Jimmy Kimmel was April 20th, 122 days ago. If Indiana filed charges immediately after Magic's comments or even in May or June before the trade that would be one thing, but waiting so long is odd. If it was that serious why would they wait?

It seems to me Indiana still has a bad taste in their mouth over the whole Paul George situation. They only traded him because George wanted out and then George killed their negotiating position when he openly said there was no way he was staying, they either trade him now for anything or lose him for nothing. It was widely known that George wanted to be a Laker and the Lakers were not offering much, a package involving some of Russell, Clarkson, Randle, Black, and Nance Jr. For some stupid reason the Pacers also had the intention of trading him to the Western Conference. With no good will coming from the Lakers they ultimately made the move they did with Oklahoma City, great for the Thunder.

Even if the Lakers are guilty, this entire ordeal was completely the Pacers fault. They had YEARS to put a good team around George and never did. They put defensive teams that had NO offensive capabilities around PG and then fired coach Vogel when they couldn't score. The blame doesn't only go to Larry Bird however because when it came time to trade George, the Pacers were more focused on hand picking his destination than their own future. They thought it more important to send him to a Western Conference team that wasn't the Lakers that they passed on better offers to do so. The Cavaliers and Celtics both had far greater offers than the Thunder but for some reason they only wanted him to go to the West. They even tried to give him to Golden State.

The Pacers have nobody to blame but themselves for the entire Paul George situation. Another reason nothing is going to come of this.

You seem to assume a lot of things that you have no way of knowing unless you work in the pacers front office

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
08-20-2017, 05:15 PM

:clap: :nod:

lakerfan85
08-20-2017, 05:22 PM
Apparently there's video of Magic and PG13 naked in a hot tub together...

jaydubb
08-20-2017, 05:30 PM
Lakers are probably guilty (let's he real, every team in the nba probably tampers in some way or another) but nothing is gonna happen because there probably isn't good enough proof (text messages, emails, recorded phone calls, etc).. This isn't the nfl..

If Indiana had some concrete evidence they woulda presented it months ago around the time that they traded PG to OKC..

Indiana is just crying like little babies because they lost their star player for an insignificant trade package and he's going to eventually end up where he wanted to go in the first place (lakers).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
08-20-2017, 05:30 PM

luckily it was a time machine, everything will be undone.

Lakers + Giants
08-20-2017, 05:31 PM
Indy is just now realizing Oladipo is on a bad contract and that they'd be better off losing PG for nothing. They got baited into a bad deal..

jaydubb
08-20-2017, 05:35 PM
Apparently there's video of Magic and PG13 naked in a hot tub together...Hell yea.. I'd record that too if I saw it :nod:

NYKnickFanatic
08-20-2017, 06:01 PM

Lol what?

Vinylman
08-20-2017, 06:15 PM
dubs homers showing their ignorance again in this thread

dubs fans quickly becoming more annoying than the Lebron era Miami fans...

j-bay
08-20-2017, 06:24 PM
Guilty? No doubt about it in my mind.

Will we get caught? Hell no. Every ****in team does it.

And lmfao at the league Babies the Lakers..... all the teams do it. You guys ****in swear that just because the teams aren't caught it means they aren't doing it.

Oh the league doesn't baby the Lakers, but they baby Lebron. Thats why the Lakers will probably get out of it.

WaDe03
08-20-2017, 06:32 PM
IF they're found guilty this could be huge. Lose some 1st that would've been tradeable assets and a chance on signing PG. This will hurt them in the LeBron hunt and building a super team if they're guilty.

Vinylman
08-20-2017, 06:33 PM
Oh the league doesn't baby the Lakers, but they baby Lebron. Thats why the Lakers will probably get out of it.

"the dubs way"

guilty until proven innocent...

not surprised when your finals MV(agina)P is your leader

j-bay
08-20-2017, 06:41 PM
"the dubs way"

Not a Warriors fan.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 06:58 PM

There are no rules about players talking to or about players. There are firm rules about team executives doing it.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 07:10 PM
dubs homers showing their ignorance again in this thread

dubs fans quickly becoming more annoying than the Lebron era Miami fans...

About what this time?

Scoots
08-20-2017, 07:12 PM
"the dubs way"

Is there some sand in yours? You complain like it. And that wasn't even a Warriors fan ... or is anybody not *****ing about KD an automatic Warriors fan to you?

GREATNESS ONE
08-20-2017, 08:09 PM

Dammnit DBLO leaked it again!

ewing
08-20-2017, 08:32 PM

they killed Natalee Holloway

Balltime
08-20-2017, 08:40 PM
Pacers are mad because they didn't get a better deal for GEORGE, so they are blaming Magic for their incompetentance.

likemystylez
08-20-2017, 09:26 PM
Pacers are mad because they didn't get a better deal for GEORGE, so they are blaming Magic for their incompetentance.

ehhhh- they werent forced to do the deal they did. They had plenty of time.

JasonJohnHorn
08-20-2017, 10:01 PM
The league loves the Lakers. There was pretty strong evidence of tampering with the Shaq signing (http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/tamper-tantrum-shaq-signing-smells-west-article-1.744771), and I remember much being said about it at the time. But the league let it slide, or in fairness, perhaps didn't have enough evidence. Still... that was the biggest case likely in league history, and.... nothing happened.

It seems like only teams who aren't very important get hit on stuff like this. Like when the T-Wolves lost picks for the Joe Smith signing. That was pretty harsh for something everybody knew everybody was doing.

KnickNyKnick
08-20-2017, 10:03 PM
Why is there always some kind of problem preventing players with the name "Paul" in it from going to the Lakers.

Balltime
08-20-2017, 10:51 PM
The league loves the Lakers. There was pretty strong evidence of tampering with the Shaq signing (http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/sports/tamper-tantrum-shaq-signing-smells-west-article-1.744771), and I remember much being said about it at the time. But the league let it slide, or in fairness, perhaps didn't have enough evidence. Still... that was the biggest case likely in league history, and.... nothing happened.

It seems like only teams who aren't very important get hit on stuff like this. Like when the T-Wolves lost picks for the Joe Smith signing. That was pretty harsh for something everybody knew everybody was doing.

How do you come up with the conclusion that the league loves the Lakers? This new story isn't good news for them. How many other previous teams had been accused of tampering and making head line news? Did you think the league loves the Lakers after the CP3 deal got nixed.

j-bay
08-20-2017, 11:09 PM
Juwan Howard was offered a 100 million dollars by the Heat in 96 while he was with the Bullets. Miami tampered and they couldn't go after Howard.

jaydubb
08-20-2017, 11:14 PM
Why is there always some kind of problem preventing players with the name "Paul" in it from going to the Lakers.You figured it out. The league allowed Pau gasol to go to the lakers because of the absence of an "L" in his first name. If Chris Paul and Paul George were smart, they'd legally change their names.. Chris Pau and Pau George

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 12:46 AM
what magic did was wrong on the tonight show period.... think about it like this... there is one thing about a bunch of reporters saying PG13 to the lakers etc etc... Its another when magic pulls that BS on the tonight show and it isnt fair to a small market central team like Indiana because why the **** would PG13 want to go back there if he knows he has a shot with the lakers/clippers/knicks where the market is massive?

Dade County
08-21-2017, 12:51 AM
Make believe time...

The league holds a press conference sating that they have found evidence that the Lakers did indeed tramper with PG while he was still on the Pacers. They inform the Lakers that they can not sign PG as a free agent, they lose some draft picks and get find, like 1mil.

OKC fans get happy because they feel that they will have a good chance at keeping him. The main stream media is just eating this up. Lakers organization goes crazy and files an appeal, Laker fans go on a social media tirade; memes explode onto the scene, making fun of the Lakers, Magic Johnson, PG...etc

A couple of hours later a letter to the Players Tribune pops up, followed up by a tweet. PG simple states that he will not have his future controlled by anyone, and vows that he will sign with, said team (put any team you want in this spot besides OKC and of course the Lakers).

PG apologies to the OKC organization but he feels that, the ruling against the Lakers is some sort of plan to try to have him stay in OKC.

Now the biggest media bonanza you have ever witness begins.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-21-2017, 01:11 AM
Nooo there's no way there was tampering beforehand. The NBA's integrity is at an all time high.

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 01:15 AM
also you cant sit here and say every team tampers.. never should ownership do it.. of course players do it but that is the issue here... players dont sign other players pay checks... this was the current GM being an idiot of the lakers.

lakerfan85
08-21-2017, 01:20 AM
also you cant sit here and say every team tampers.. never should ownership do it.. of course players do it but that is the issue here... players dont sign other players pay checks... this was the current GM being an idiot of the lakers.

What did Pelinka do?

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 01:29 AM
What did Pelinka do?

ugh.. sorry meant magic... Magic runs the show... he is the last person that should be tampering... and that is the big difference here. I still dont think the league will do much because tampering is hard to prove but that is the big issue.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 02:01 AM
This isn't David Stern. Adam Silver has been damn near perfect during his tenure as commisioner and I'd assume he is taking this seriously. It's not even about it being the Lakers anymore. This could involve many upset billionaire owners who are questioning why the Lakers are getting a pass because of them simply being the Lakers. Sets a horrible precedent, too. With that being said, Pacers are just a sad franchise that is bitter about Paul George wanting to go to the Lakers. I wonder if Larry leaving had anything to do with the Pacers trying to pull this stupid "tampering" issue nonsense card. Seriously, you traded Paul George for Oladipitypoopoo and some Sabonis kid who was only hyped up because of his dad and you wonder why your franchise sucks? I hope Lakers are cleared of any wrongdoing because I'm all eyes and ears for Lonzo Ball and Ingram this season. They will be fun.. If Brook Lopez stays healthy and Clarkson comes off the bench, I say they can win 40 games.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 02:04 AM
ugh.. sorry meant magic... Magic runs the show... he is the last person that should be tampering... and that is the big difference here. I still dont think the league will do much because tampering is hard to prove but that is the big issue.

You're just upset Magic is actually doing something to make his team better unlike Sam Hinkie - who just tanks and tanks because he's clueless. At least Bryan made some moves getting Fultz but you could argue Boston got the better end of that stick since they didn't even want Fultz...

Lakers + Giants
08-21-2017, 02:05 AM
We been tampering for a while now huh? Landing FAs left and right. I swear some of the comments in here are ****in asinine.

Lakers + Giants
08-21-2017, 02:05 AM
You're just upset Magic is actually doing something to make his team better unlike Sam Hinkie - who just tanks and tanks because he's clueless. At least Bryan made some moves getting Fultz but you could argue Boston got the better end of that stick since they didn't even want Fultz...

:laugh2:

:clap:

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 02:08 AM
We been tampering for a while now huh? Landing FAs left and right. I swear some of the comments in here are ****in asinine.

You just got a new management so yeah, it's quite possible Magic was unaware of what constitutes as tampering or not. But even then, I think this has more to do with Pacers just trying to screw with the Lakers and PG more than anything else. They could have probably gotten D'Angelo+Randle+Mosgov instead of Oladipo+Sabonis but they really didn't want to make PG and the Lakers "win."

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 02:15 AM

we get it for the 9 millionth time.. you love magic johnson and hate the sixers... nobody in their right mind would take the lakers situation over the sixers now walk it off...

Hinkie drafted the comeback player of the year in embiid.
Hinkie got one of the best defenders in basketball in covington
Hinkie got the most promising rookie in a long time in simmons
Hinkie got a first from the lakers that was used to get fultz
Hinkie picked saric who should have won rookie of the year

What has magic done besides give up what was just last year the best up and coming pg ever in russ per lakers fans to get out from under Mosgod? Oh that is right magic helped them get to the 2nd worst record in basketball and get lonzo ball so in your uneducated basketball Mind magic is a god and hinkie just wants to lose... LOL.

I will wait while your rebuttal is likely... Embiid is injured wah.... Hinkie tanks wah.... and no counter argument with any counter facts to disprove anything i have stated as you continue to wah... can we just fast forward 9 posts where you further bring nothing to the table except insults and just throw me straight on ignore like you would normally do.

Dont worry inbetween those posts there will be the lakers fans cheering for you followed by a big *** purple wall of text from rocco.

TylerSL
08-21-2017, 03:50 AM
You seem to assume a lot of things that you have no way of knowing unless you work in the pacers front office

What is it exactly that I'm assuming? The Pacers DID offer him for Klay Thompson, thus the "trying to give him to Golden State". The Pacers DID pass on better offers from Cleveland and Boston to trade him to the Western Conference. The Pacers DID put defensive minded teams around him and fired their talented coach for not having a good offense. The act of passing on better deals proved they wanted him in the West. That or they actually believed the Thunder's offer was the best, which would be insane. So again, exactly what did I assume?

ewing
08-21-2017, 06:09 AM
What is it exactly that I'm assuming? The Pacers DID offer him for Klay Thompson, thus the "trying to give him to Golden State". The Pacers DID pass on better offers from Cleveland and Boston to trade him to the Western Conference. The Pacers DID put defensive minded teams around him and fired their talented coach for not having a good offense. The act of passing on better deals proved they wanted him in the West. That or they actually believed the Thunder's offer was the best, which would be insane. So again, exactly what did I assume?

you have no idea what other offers were really made.

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 08:52 AM
LOL Lakers.

IndyRealist
08-21-2017, 10:03 AM
This isn't David Stern. Adam Silver has been damn near perfect during his tenure as commisioner and I'd assume he is taking this seriously. It's not even about it being the Lakers anymore. This could involve many upset billionaire owners who are questioning why the Lakers are getting a pass because of them simply being the Lakers. Sets a horrible precedent, too. With that being said, Pacers are just a sad franchise that is bitter about Paul George wanting to go to the Lakers. I wonder if Larry leaving had anything to do with the Pacers trying to pull this stupid "tampering" issue nonsense card. Seriously, you traded Paul George for Oladipitypoopoo and some Sabonis kid who was only hyped up because of his dad and you wonder why your franchise sucks? I hope Lakers are cleared of any wrongdoing because I'm all eyes and ears for Lonzo Ball and Ingram this season. They will be fun.. If Brook Lopez stays healthy and Clarkson comes off the bench, I say they can win 40 games.

I suspect this is the sort of thing Larry would NOT want. The question is, why now? Why not in April when Magic went on TV and basically said they wanted PG? Or in July when they traded him? The only reason to file now is if they found something they thought would convince Silver.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 10:08 AM
How do you come up with the conclusion that the league loves the Lakers? This new story isn't good news for them. How many other previous teams had been accused of tampering and making head line news? Did you think the league loves the Lakers after the CP3 deal got nixed.

You know the CP3 deal was killed because the person trading him had no right to do so right?

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 10:16 AM

lolololololol why so mad at the Sixers?

Scoots
08-21-2017, 10:21 AM

That's not the way "knowing" and facts work. All of that is hearsay which is not equal to fact.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 10:26 AM
I suspect this is the sort of thing Larry would NOT want. The question is, why now? Why not in April when Magic went on TV and basically said they wanted PG? Or in July when they traded him? The only reason to file now is if they found something they thought would convince Silver.

But the Pacers are not responsible for gathering any data nor proving anything. There may have been extensive discussion with other owners and with the league starting from the day Magic was on the show or when PG said he wanted to go to the Lakers, and it wasn't until now that they made the complaint formal. The timing is not really telling of anything as there could have been extensive negotiations and judging/gathering support leading up to this point. In addition to working around a LOT of people taking vacations, and waiting for a lull in the NBA news cycle.

lakerfan85
08-21-2017, 10:38 AM
They'll fine Magic and that'll be it..

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:57 AM
we get it for the 9 millionth time.. you love magic johnson and hate the sixers... nobody in their right mind would take the lakers situation over the sixers now walk it off...

What has magic done besides give up what was just last year the best up and coming pg ever in russ per lakers fans to get out from under Mosgod? Oh that is right magic helped them get to the 2nd worst record in basketball and get lonzo ball so in your uneducated basketball Mind magic is a god and hinkie just wants to lose... LOL.

I will wait while your rebuttal is likely... Embiid is injured wah.... Hinkie tanks wah.... and no counter argument with any counter facts to disprove anything i have stated as you continue to wah... can we just fast forward 9 posts where you further bring nothing to the table except insults and just throw me straight on ignore like you would normally do.

Dont worry inbetween those posts there will be the lakers fans cheering for you followed by a big *** purple wall of text from rocco.

I love Magic's ability to work well with others. I don't hate the Sixers but you sure as hell make a lot of people here do.

And look at you blaming Magic for Lakers having the 2nd worst record in the West.. First off, Sixers only won two more games and that's because they are in an easier conference. Second off, Magic JUST became the president of operations earlier this year.. when there was around a month left of basketball. What the hell could he possibly have done when the trade deadline is over and the playoffs are already starting soon? You are an absolute clown. Your team has been consistently losing on purpose for nearly seven seasons and all you guys have to show for it are two players who have sat on the bench more than they have suited up. It's incredibly laughable how lost you are with your own team. Magic is clearing cap space for superstars next season. What is your team doing? Not even bothering to attract free agents? Just tank tank tank and pray you find the next LeBron or MJ? AND YOU guys still can't get one damn healthy player? You guys were so desperate to get someone you paid $23 million for J.J.. LMFAO!

Here's what Magic has done:

Got rid of D'Angelo's toxic behavior.
Leveraged D'Angelo's promising ability to get rid of Mosgov's horrible contract.
Got Brook Lopez in return - someone who Lonzo would play very well with.
Planning to get rid of Deng's contract next season by trading him in a package with Clarkson - who he plans on inflating his stats with next season.
Planning on getting marquee free agents (no, not Reddick).

Here's what the Sixers has done:

Tank every season and wait for high draft picks. Pick the consensus best player.

A six year old could do what the Sixers have done the past whatever seasons. Just sit there and lose. OMG, so INNOVATIVE! Sam Hinkie = Jerry West!

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 11:00 AM
lol we tanked for 7 years? news to me when we were seconds away from the ECF 6 years ago. we have tanked for 1 more year than the lakers lololol and both for the same reason. no one can control players getting hurt and its common, outside of James every major player in this league has missed significant time with Curry being the best current example.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:03 AM
lol we tanked for 7 years? news to me when we were seconds away from the ECF 6 years ago. we have tanked for 1 more year than the lakers lololol and both for the same reason. no one can control players getting hurt and its common, outside of James every major player in this league has missed significant time with Curry being the best current example.

sorry for the miscommunication there. You guys tanked so long I forgot when you guys were actually competitive. And the difference between you guys and the Lakers is the fact that Lakers were milking Kobe's final years. they weren't tanking but just sucked because of incompetent management. I only want to watch the Lakers because of what Magic has been able to do so far. It's very interesting how he has been able to create a huge impact as it is. And I don't speak for any Lakers fans but I can bet many of them are excited about the future. You guys can continue hoping Embiid stays healthy.. the guy can't even play b2b's and past 30 minutes and gets injured. Imagine him having to play b2b's and upwards of 35+ minutes. Trust the process.. yeah, we will be dead by old age before that happens.

jaydubb
08-21-2017, 11:08 AM
When did this 76er vs laker thing start up? Is it because the last 2 years both these teams got the top 2 picks?

It's almost like fans of both franchises are trying to get other fans to believe that their team sucks less than the other... I don't get it..

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:10 AM
When did this 76er vs laker thing start up? Is it because the last 2 years both these teams got the top 2 picks?

It's almost like fans of both franchises are trying to get other fans to believe that their team sucks less than the other... I don't get it..

Both fanbases are on rebuilding mode. It just so happens Lakers had an express route and has the funds to grab high level free agents next season and Sixers fans are upset not enough attention is going to their team.. Sixers fans keep talking about Embiid but the only organization happy in that Philly area are hospitals. Man, do they love Embiid and Simmons.. I think Sixers fans are safe from Simmons and Embiid leaving. Hospitals will offer them both super max contracts.

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 11:30 AM
sorry for the miscommunication there. You guys tanked so long I forgot when you guys were actually competitive. And the difference between you guys and the Lakers is the fact that Lakers were milking Kobe's final years. they weren't tanking but just sucked because of incompetent management. I only want to watch the Lakers because of what Magic has been able to do so far. It's very interesting how he has been able to create a huge impact as it is. And I don't speak for any Lakers fans but I can bet many of them are excited about the future. You guys can continue hoping Embiid stays healthy.. the guy can't even play b2b's and past 30 minutes and gets injured. Imagine him having to play b2b's and upwards of 35+ minutes. Trust the process.. yeah, we will be dead by old age before that happens.

the Lakers absolutely milked Kobes last years to sell tix to an otherwise unwatchable team. they tanked just as hard but hid it and deceived their fan base. as for the Sixers, hate all you want but we both know you realize how ****ing good we are on the verge of becoming and the timing couldnt be any better with James possibly bolting to the west. enjoy watching us in the playoffs this year.

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 11:32 AM
Both fanbases are on rebuilding mode. It just so happens Lakers had an express route and has the funds to grab high level free agents next season and Sixers fans are upset not enough attention is going to their team.. Sixers fans keep talking about Embiid but the only organization happy in that Philly area are hospitals. Man, do they love Embiid and Simmons.. I think Sixers fans are safe from Simmons and Embiid leaving. Hospitals will offer them both super max contracts.

lol we are one of the most talked about teams in the league and also are in position to to make major offers but hey keep using your made up logic, troll.

nastynice
08-21-2017, 12:10 PM

I'm pretty sure players do this all the time, im also pretty sure it's not considered tampering

IndyRealist
08-21-2017, 01:16 PM
But the Pacers are not responsible for gathering any data nor proving anything. There may have been extensive discussion with other owners and with the league starting from the day Magic was on the show or when PG said he wanted to go to the Lakers, and it wasn't until now that they made the complaint formal. The timing is not really telling of anything as there could have been extensive negotiations and judging/gathering support leading up to this point. In addition to working around a LOT of people taking vacations, and waiting for a lull in the NBA news cycle.

The Pacers however will look rather foolish if they brought tampering claims and it doesn't pan out. They don't need the support of the other owners, since there is an independent investigation.

No, I don't think they would wait until now unless something came up, like his agent admitting to phone calls they can get record of.

j-bay
08-21-2017, 01:18 PM
The Pacers however will look rather foolish if they brought tampering claims and it doesn't pan out. They don't need the support of the other owners, since there is an independent investigation.

No, I don't think they would wait until now unless something came up, like his agent admitting to phone calls they can get record of.

This.

Vinylman
08-21-2017, 01:29 PM

with all due respect ... it is a basic fishing expedition that would never happen in a real court of law... there is no probable cause hurdle for the NBA to investigate the claim... All that has to happen is for Indy to request it.

I don't know what Indy is hanging its hat on but if they are talking about the Kimmel interview that is laughable and at most is a fine... I doubt the agent would be ratting the lakers out if PG13 truly wanted to go there in the offseason and there are plenty of reasons the Lakers would be talking to his agent anyway (ie other FA's)

The timing is also critical because if they claim it occurred after the Lakers and Indy engaged in trade talks it is gonna go nowhere. The first thing a FO would request is to talk to the players rep at a minimum to gauge his willingness to sign an extension...

The NBA isn't the NFL... Silver handles **** intelligently ... he won't be looking to crucify someone like Roger the douche.

Max penalty $1 million fine...

jaydubb
08-21-2017, 01:31 PM
with all due respect ... it is a basic fishing expedition that would never happen in a real court of law... there is no probable cause hurdle for the NBA to investigate the claim... All that has to happen is for Indy to request it.

I don't know what Indy is hanging its hat on but if they are talking about the Kimmel interview that is laughable and at most is a fine... I doubt the agent would be ratting the lakers out if PG13 truly wanted to go there in the offseason and there are plenty of reasons the Lakers would be talking to his agent anyway (ie other FA's)

The timing is also critical because if they claim it occurred after the Lakers and Indy engaged in trade talks it is gonna go nowhere. The first thing a FO would request is to talk to the players rep at a minimum to gauge his willingness to sign an extension...

The NBA isn't the NFL... Silver handles **** intelligently ... he won't be looking to crucify someone like Roger the douche.

Max penalty $1 million fine...^^^

AllBall
08-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Most Entertaining NBA Offseason. Ever.

IndyRealist
08-21-2017, 01:46 PM

Max penalty $1 million fine...

I'm guessing you haven't been to civil court. This is a breech of contract complaint, not a criminal case.

TylerSL
08-21-2017, 02:55 PM
you have no idea what other offers were really made.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/reports-pacers-passed-on-better-paul-george-trade-offers-from-celtics-cavs/

That says the Celtics offered 2 starters (Bradley/Crowder) and three first round picks. Better than the Thunder offer that included no picks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719319-paul-george-kevin-love-gary-harris-3-team-trade-reportedly-rejected-by-pacers

That talks about the 3 way trade between Cleveland, Indiana, and Denver that would have sent PG/Faried to Cleveland, Gary Harris plus to Indiana, and Kevin Love to Denver. This also mentions how Indiana was "hellbent" on trading George out of the East and how they made the decision "emotional instead of taking the best offer"

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/15969802/pacers-paul-george-warriors-klay-thompson-trade-rumors-idea

That's Woj speaking with Paul George about how Indiana offered him for Klay Thompson straight up.

I didn't make anything up, I remember what happened during the whole thing and said what it was. Of course, maybe they were all lying and they are part of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!!!! You're a fool.

TylerSL
08-21-2017, 03:06 PM
That's not the way "knowing" and facts work. All of that is hearsay which is not equal to fact.

Is it not true then that the Pacers didn't have good offensive teams throughout the years? I am wrong that that happened? Because I recall them being bad. 19th in offensive efficiency in 12-13, 22nd in 13-14, tied 23rd in 14-15. Did the Pacers then NOT fire Vogel for having bad offenses?? Are all the NBA insiders wrong or lying about the deals that were reported? Is nothing correct?

The best we can do is use the information in front of us and form a conclusion. If you're a conspiracy theorist and don't believe the information put in front of you I cannot help you, but the information put forth told us one thing, that Indiana made a string of really bad decisions that led to George wanting out and then they screwed up the trade too.

ewing
08-21-2017, 03:14 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/reports-pacers-passed-on-better-paul-george-trade-offers-from-celtics-cavs/

That says the Celtics offered 2 starters (Bradley/Crowder) and three first round picks. Better than the Thunder offer that included no picks.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719319-paul-george-kevin-love-gary-harris-3-team-trade-reportedly-rejected-by-pacers

That talks about the 3 way trade between Cleveland, Indiana, and Denver that would have sent PG/Faried to Cleveland, Gary Harris plus to Indiana, and Kevin Love to Denver. This also mentions how Indiana was "hellbent" on trading George out of the East and how they made the decision "emotional instead of taking the best offer"

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/7/14/15969802/pacers-paul-george-warriors-klay-thompson-trade-rumors-idea

That's Woj speaking with Paul George about how Indiana offered him for Klay Thompson straight up.

I didn't make anything up, I remember what happened during the whole thing and said what it was. Of course, maybe they were all lying and they are part of the FAKE NEWS MEDIA!!!! You're a fool.

you're crazy

Lakers + Giants
08-21-2017, 03:28 PM
FlashBolt putting 76ers fans in their place. GLORIOUS.

:worthy:

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 03:46 PM

see my post 2 pages ago... he is doing what he always does... provides no facts... sixers should be shunned for tanking but the lakers using kobe to sell tickets and steal peoples money is alright.... the sixers tanked forever but they only tanked 1 more year than this current lakers tank... he cant refute anything and brings no facts to the table or weight to back up his posts... its just sixers tank and injury prone ha... lakers the best because he is a magic fan... rinse/repeat... the best part is it has sidelined this thread like i knew it would... just like i know the only ones praising him would be laker fans because see the argument.

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 03:50 PM

in our place how? a LAL fan gets put in their place on here on like a daily basis lol

Lakers + Giants
08-21-2017, 04:01 PM
So because he is stating what you said he would state it doesnt make it fact? You told him not to use the injury argument, why not??? That's like saying here, take this gun but I'm taking all the ammunition, now try to shoot... Makes no sense lmfao. You're picking and choosing what he can and can't bring up. Its a VALID argument saying Embiid and Simmons can't stay on the floor, they haven't proven otherwise thus far. I mean, that's Like saying, Prove Oden is a bust without bringing up Injuries.

I mean, that's the Damn reason, why can't it be used. 76ers fans (and I'm not gonna shy away when i mean mostly YOU) have been clamouring Embiid/Simmons as the next greats when they have to get on the court in the first place. Not being able to use the injury argument is ridiculous when thats their major flaw.

You can't rip someone for making an argument just because you "predicted" when it's still valid. Just because you're tired of hearing the same thing over and over again doesnt make it less true. I mean you of all people should know this, every time you bring up Lonzo you bring up how he can't play D, his shooting form won't translate, and how he isn't athletic/fast enough.

That's like me telling you to give me a reason why Lonzo won't be star without using any of those flaws stated above. Why can't those flaws be used? That would just be me taking away all your ammunition in order for me to take your argument and use it against yourself. It's the exact same ****.

TylerSL
08-21-2017, 04:16 PM
you're crazy

Using rational thought is unheard of, I understand.

ewing
08-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Using rational thought is unheard of, I understand.

crazy people never know they are crazy

TylerSL
08-21-2017, 05:02 PM
crazy people never know they are crazy

I don't really get your problem with me. I made a post about this thread and you drew some conclusion that I made stuff up or assumed something that wasn't there when I recited what happened. The series of events that led to Paul George wanting out of Indiana and the events that led to him being traded to Oklahoma City. Using the information provided to me to make the valid opinion that it was Indiana's own fault makes me crazy? Some world we live in.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:31 PM

Yeah, but the owners get pissy when one owners is accusing another of something. There are a lot of politics going on. All I'm saying is we can't come to ANY conclusions based on the timing. It's all just a guess, but chances are we're never going to really know what went on.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:40 PM
Is it not true then that the Pacers didn't have good offensive teams throughout the years? I am wrong that that happened? Because I recall them being bad. 19th in offensive efficiency in 12-13, 22nd in 13-14, tied 23rd in 14-15. Did the Pacers then NOT fire Vogel for having bad offenses?? Are all the NBA insiders wrong or lying about the deals that were reported? Is nothing correct?

The best we can do is use the information in front of us and form a conclusion. If you're a conspiracy theorist and don't believe the information put in front of you I cannot help you, but the information put forth told us one thing, that Indiana made a string of really bad decisions that led to George wanting out and then they screwed up the trade too.

No. Stats are facts as they are objectively provable. The "this deal was offered and almost happened" thing in sports is SO full of self serving lies and mistakes that using anything from the press where they report "I was told" or "insiders said" as a fact is a mis-use of the term. It's not certainly wrong, and they may be the truth ... but the possibility that it's true does not eliminate the possibility that they are not true facts. A GM might say "we offered PG for Klay and they said no" ... but is that the whole story? Was it just an email or was it a conversation? Was it a back and forth, was there a counter offer? Was it GM to GM or GM's assistant to whoever answered the phone at the other end?

I'm sorry, but everyone knows that GMs and Agents lie as a matter of course ... and the agents, the GMs, and the press all KNOW this to be true. They USE the press to change the narrative by using spin as a regular part of business.

So, yes, you can draw conclusions from the small bit of information you have access to ... but don't assume nor portray it to others as actual fact.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:41 PM
see my post 2 pages ago... he is doing what he always does... provides no facts... sixers should be shunned for tanking but the lakers using kobe to sell tickets and steal peoples money is alright.... the sixers tanked forever but they only tanked 1 more year than this current lakers tank... he cant refute anything and brings no facts to the table or weight to back up his posts... its just sixers tank and injury prone ha... lakers the best because he is a magic fan... rinse/repeat... the best part is it has sidelined this thread like i knew it would... just like i know the only ones praising him would be laker fans because see the argument.

The funny thing to me is that for the last 4 years when I said the Lakers were tanking the Lakers fans were so quick to say "NO!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO WIN!!!" At least the Sixers were straight up with people.

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 06:08 PM
The funny thing to me is that for the last 4 years when I said the Lakers were tanking the Lakers fans were so quick to say "NO!!! THEY ARE TRYING TO WIN!!!" At least the Sixers were straight up with people.

yup.. and we get roasted... we were up front with our fans about tanking while their team did a kobe ride out tour tankathon and charged a billion dollars a ticket... yet he talks **** about the sixers organization buy backs the lakers... it is what it is... flash hates the sixers and hell i dont blame him because we flat out tanked with our middle fingers up... i am just tired of nomatter what the subject is about he brings us up in some way lol.. its an addiction.

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 06:11 PM
So because he is stating what you said he would state it doesnt make it fact? You told him not to use the injury argument, why not??? That's like saying here, take this gun but I'm taking all the ammunition, now try to shoot... Makes no sense lmfao. You're picking and choosing what he can and can't bring up. Its a VALID argument saying Embiid and Simmons can't stay on the floor, they haven't proven otherwise thus far. I mean, that's Like saying, Prove Oden is a bust without bringing up Injuries.

I mean, that's the Damn reason, why can't it be used. 76ers fans (and I'm not gonna shy away when i mean mostly YOU) have been clamouring Embiid/Simmons as the next greats when they have to get on the court in the first place. Not being able to use the injury argument is ridiculous when thats their major flaw.

You can't rip someone for making an argument just because you "predicted" when it's still valid. Just because you're tired of hearing the same thing over and over again doesnt make it less true. I mean you of all people should know this, every time you bring up Lonzo you bring up how he can't play D, his shooting form won't translate, and how he isn't athletic/fast enough.

That's like me telling you to give me a reason why Lonzo won't be star without using any of those flaws stated above. Why can't those flaws be used? That would just be me taking away all your ammunition in order for me to take your argument and use it against yourself. It's the exact same ****.

never said injuries werent a good reason... i never said simmons is going to be a god... I HAVE ALWAYS SAID HE WILL BE GREAT OR A MASSIVE BUST.... you guys have ingram who has sick potential but was horrid last year.... tlc for us was just as good as your best prospect lol... you have lonzo who hasnt played a game yet... the thing that is annoying are these points

he will use simmons not playing a game yet as justification to hate but in the same sentence say lonzo is going to be great lol... do you not understand how moronic that is?

i like the lakers situation... not a ball fan but i love ingram... hated that they gave up DLO... my issues are he is praising a much worse situation in which they have tanked a ton while having hate for the sixers because of their tanking? :laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
08-21-2017, 06:43 PM
Did you watch the games or are you just coming to your own conclusion...?

I have watched 99% of Lakers basketball in over 25yeafs.

We literally tried to win games, we streaked and won like 7 of our last 8 last year. It was killing us because we wanted to tank but they were trying to win. It was horrible and I'm glad we're back to rooting for our team to win.

KnickNyKnick
08-21-2017, 06:50 PM
You figured it out. The league allowed Pau gasol to go to the lakers because of the absence of an "L" in his first name. If Chris Paul and Paul George were smart, they'd legally change their names.. Chris Pau and Pau George

Yup, the league does not permit Pauls in the Lakers. Pauls are diverted to the Clippers. Chris Paul, Paul Pierce? hmmmm? the comish was quick to veto that trade for C.Paul to the Lakers. Now this "Tampering". with Paul George...? ok NBA.

Pau's are definitely allowed though, Just that damn L,, Only L allowed is for Lakers Dammit!

redsox12
08-21-2017, 06:54 PM
I don't really see anything to this. The Pacers are lucky they even got the word from George that he was leaving. George could have played out a meaningless season and then left and the Pacers would get nothing. At least they got Oladipo in this whole mess. They just have to hope Oladipo and Turner play out good and draft well. Worked for the Warriors.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 07:05 PM
Did you watch the games or are you just coming to your own conclusion...?

I have watched 99% of Lakers basketball in over 25yeafs.

We literally tried to win games, we streaked and won like 7 of our last 8 last year. It was killing us because we wanted to tank but they were trying to win. It was horrible and I'm glad we're back to rooting for our team to win.

Yes, I watched the games. You will find it difficult to find many non-Lakers fans who think the Lakers didn't tank.

Balltime
08-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Yes, I watched the games. You will find it difficult to find many non-Lakers fans who think the Lakers didn't tank.

https://usatftw.files.wordpress.com/2017/04/magic-wink.gif?w=1000

ewing
08-21-2017, 07:57 PM
I don't really get your problem with me. I made a post about this thread and you drew some conclusion that I made stuff up or assumed something that wasn't there when I recited what happened. The series of events that led to Paul George wanting out of Indiana and the events that led to him being traded to Oklahoma City. Using the information provided to me to make the valid opinion that it was Indiana's own fault makes me crazy? Some world we live in.

I don't have a problem with you.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:27 PM
the Lakers absolutely milked Kobes last years to sell tix to an otherwise unwatchable team. they tanked just as hard but hid it and deceived their fan base. as for the Sixers, hate all you want but we both know you realize how ****ing good we are on the verge of becoming and the timing couldnt be any better with James possibly bolting to the west. enjoy watching us in the playoffs this year.

My neighbor's dog and cat can make the Eastern Conference playoffs. Good for you guys.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:32 PM

magic fan? Since when was I ever a Magic fan? I just said I applaud his ability to work well with others and change a culture - one that Lakers drastically needed. You're the one who keeps yapping about Embiid when there is nothing to yap about with all his injuries. You continue applauding the Sixers effort but when given facts, you ignore them and brag about your tanking ways.

Fact:

Embiid is not a healthy player.
Embiid can't play 30+ minutes per game.
Embiid has played less than 20% of available games the past two seasons.
Embiid does not play B2B's.
Ben Simmons has yet to step foot in an NBA game as a player.
I am not a Lakers fan and have zero reason to support them as a team.

Check my previous posts. I never supported Lakers as a franchise nor defended them. I am just glad they got someone competent in a much needed time of NBA boredom. You can't debunk any of what I said above. Go ahead, do it. Or just run away and continue saying no one uses facts when all you use is bias.

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 08:46 PM
magic fan? Since when was I ever a Magic fan? I just said I applaud his ability to work well with others and change a culture - one that Lakers drastically needed. You're the one who keeps yapping about Embiid when there is nothing to yap about with all his injuries. You continue applauding the Sixers effort but when given facts, you ignore them and brag about your tanking ways.

Fact:

Check my previous posts. I never supported Lakers as a franchise nor defended them. I am just glad they got someone competent in a much needed time of NBA boredom. You can't debunk any of what I said above. Go ahead, do it. Or just run away and continue saying no one uses facts when all you use is bias.

I dont need to debunk... you are a walking hypocrite with your posts on this subject in terms of how you hate the sixers but love the lakers and have been proven wrong so very much on this very subject.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:52 PM
I dont need to debunk... you are a walking hypocrite with your posts on this subject in terms of how you hate the sixers but love the lakers and have been proven wrong so very much on this very subject.

Why are you replying back if you won't debunk it? Cause you can't? Love the Lakers? LMAO, when have I ever been labeled a Lakers lover? Proven wrong? By who? Not you!

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Why are you replying back if you won't debunk it? Cause you can't? Love the Lakers? LMAO, when have I ever been labeled a Lakers lover? Proven wrong? By who? Not you!

you hate the sixers for tanking but you praise the lakers for tanking 1 less year lol...-hypocrite

When you hear about the potential of simmons you say to calm down he hasnt stepped foot on the court.... Yet you jumped on Balls Balls whom also..... HAS NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE COURT while having less potential.

Embiid has injury issues but has played more NBA games than BALL and has showed superstar potential yet ball is the end all be all and Embiid is trash.- Hypocrite-

You speak about the sixers losing mentality but over the past 5 years the sixers have lost only 4 more games than the lakers a team you have said is trying to compete and win -hypocrite-

You say Magic is amazing because he is making changes by giving up a top 2 pick with the same hype and potential ball got when both became lakers but have **** on hinkie for trading away MCW for a steal that just helped us get fultz. -hypocrite-

You talk all this trash about what has hinkie done and how the lakers are going places when not one person would take their core over ours...

Saric last year was better than everyone on their team
MCW who is a prospect with no hype did similar to what ingram did
Ben simmons
Embiid won comeback player of the year and the sky is the limit when healthy
Fultz
Holmes
Covington-One of the better 3 and D guys in basketball
Kings first round pick
Our own first round pick-something the lakers dont have-

AND YOU GO ON ABOUT ALL THOSE DOLLARS THE LAKERS CAN SPEND... The sixers can spend more. Like I said walking hypocrite

Teeboy1487
08-21-2017, 09:12 PM
The Lakers did not tank :confused::confused::confused:

More-Than-Most
08-21-2017, 09:17 PM
The Lakers did not tank :confused::confused::confused:

:laugh:

ok-

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 09:25 PM
you hate the sixers for tanking but you praise the lakers for tanking 1 less year lol...-hypocrite

When you hear about the potential of simmons you say to calm down he hasnt stepped foot on the court.... Yet you jumped on Balls Balls whom also..... HAS NOT STEPPED FOOT ON THE COURT while having less potential.

Embiid has injury issues but has played more NBA games than BALL and has showed superstar potential yet ball is the end all be all and Embiid is trash.- Hypocrite-

You speak about the sixers losing mentality but over the past 5 years the sixers have lost only 4 more games than the lakers a team you have said is trying to compete and win -hypocrite-

You say Magic is amazing because he is making changes by giving up a top 2 pick with the same hype and potential ball got when both became lakers but have **** on hinkie for trading away MCW for a steal that just helped us get fultz. -hypocrite-

You talk all this trash about what has hinkie done and how the lakers are going places when not one person would take their core over ours...

Ben simmons
Fultz
Holmes
Kings first round pick

AND YOU GO ON ABOUT ALL THOSE DOLLARS THE LAKERS CAN SPEND... The sixers can spend more. Like I said walking hypocrite

1) I don't support the Lakers. Magic tanked with the Lakers to get Lonzo but you guys repeatedly tanked season after season. When did the Lakers tank with Kobe? Please tell me.

2) When did I jump on Ball? LMFAO. All I said was his dad made it fun to watch his games and that Ball had a great passing ability. So far, Simmons has shown he can't play in the court. What am I supposed to base his ability on?

3) LMFAO, I've been on numerous occasions saying Embiid is one of the best young players (picking him above Jokic and numerous others in another thread we made about 6 months ago) but only when he is healthy. Embiid has played more games than Ball because Ball was just drafted.. wtf are you talking about? hardly the same ordeal.

4) Again, I'm not a lakers fan. I'm simply stating that Magic has done a great job so far. You can't comprehend that info. Wow, I'm being mistaken for a Lakers fan.. Amazing. And go ask Kobe if he tanked.. "Hey Kobe, let's tank games." Yeah, I'm 100% sure that would go well for them.

5) I said Lakers traded away a dead contract so they can make moves for next year's amazing free agency. Oh, sorry if you can't comprehend what I said. Maybe you didn't know but the Lakers plan on getting in on the RWB, LeBron, CP3, Wade, Melo, PG, DC, and countless other players next season. You guys can keep gambling on your injured roster. Maybe you guys can tank for LaMelo and Zion, too.

6) It's not about core, you idiot. lakers is an attractive free agency location that will be able to sign marquee free agents. You guys paid $23 million for Reddick. Please don't talk about your irrelevant cap space.. LOL

All in all, you just babbled a whole bunch of nonsense mistaking me as a Lakers fan. It's hilarious that I am somehow viewed as a Lakers fan because I disagree with your stupid Sixers viewpoints. MTM, here's a bet.

I guarantee that the Lakers in 2018-2019 will have a better record than the Sixers. In fact, I am so serious that if you agree to it, I will PM you my phone number and we can get my lawyer to hash this out. Amount: $5000. Think I'm joking, try it. I'll have the contract faxed out to you within the week and you can let me know how you want to pay me and vice-versa. If not, stfu and stop bantering about Embiid and his broken knees.

sharqstealth
08-21-2017, 09:38 PM
As I always say the NBA loves the Lakers and nothing is going to happen with those charges even if it's proven true. Hell they even rigged the draft 3 straight years to make sure they'll have a top 2 pick in each of those drafts.

j-bay
08-21-2017, 09:56 PM
As I always say the NBA loves the Lakers and nothing is going to happen with those charges even if it's proven true. Hell they even rigged the draft 3 straight years to make sure they'll have a top 2 pick in each of those drafts.

Meh that was nothing coughClevelandcough

Balltime
08-22-2017, 01:12 AM

salty fans.. There have been many bad teams for years getting high draft picks, but when it's the lakers, let's gets scared because they will draft well and be good again.

Vinylman
08-22-2017, 07:03 AM
I'm guessing you haven't been to civil court. This is a breech of contract complaint, not a criminal case.

poor choice of words on my part... here ya go

In a civil court the first action by the defendant would be as follow to get the complaint dismissed

the complaint did not allege sufficient facts that if proved would entitle the plaintiff to the relief prayed for

Of course it has the same practical impact so I guess +1 for you on the semantics... ZERO on the merits

jaydubb
08-22-2017, 07:18 AM
1) I don't support the Lakers. Magic tanked with the Lakers to get Lonzo but you guys repeatedly tanked season after season. When did the Lakers tank with Kobe? Please tell me.

2) When did I jump on Ball? LMFAO. All I said was his dad made it fun to watch his games and that Ball had a great passing ability. So far, Simmons has shown he can't play in the court. What am I supposed to base his ability on?

3) LMFAO, I've been on numerous occasions saying Embiid is one of the best young players (picking him above Jokic and numerous others in another thread we made about 6 months ago) but only when he is healthy. Embiid has played more games than Ball because Ball was just drafted.. wtf are you talking about? hardly the same ordeal.

4) Again, I'm not a lakers fan. I'm simply stating that Magic has done a great job so far. You can't comprehend that info. Wow, I'm being mistaken for a Lakers fan.. Amazing. And go ask Kobe if he tanked.. "Hey Kobe, let's tank games." Yeah, I'm 100% sure that would go well for them.

5) I said Lakers traded away a dead contract so they can make moves for next year's amazing free agency. Oh, sorry if you can't comprehend what I said. Maybe you didn't know but the Lakers plan on getting in on the RWB, LeBron, CP3, Wade, Melo, PG, DC, and countless other players next season. You guys can keep gambling on your injured roster. Maybe you guys can tank for LaMelo and Zion, too.

6) It's not about core, you idiot. lakers is an attractive free agency location that will be able to sign marquee free agents. You guys paid $23 million for Reddick. Please don't talk about your irrelevant cap space.. LOL

All in all, you just babbled a whole bunch of nonsense mistaking me as a Lakers fan. It's hilarious that I am somehow viewed as a Lakers fan because I disagree with your stupid Sixers viewpoints. MTM, here's a bet.

I guarantee that the Lakers in 2018-2019 will have a better record than the Sixers. In fact, I am so serious that if you agree to it, I will PM you my phone number and we can get my lawyer to hash this out. Amount: $5000. Think I'm joking, try it. I'll have the contract faxed out to you within the week and you can let me know how you want to pay me and vice-versa. If not, stfu and stop bantering about Embiid and his broken knees.Did he take the bet? That'll be a very interesting bet to follow...

warfelg
08-22-2017, 07:45 AM

Nah nah, it wasn't rigged. The Lakers just tanked their way to the second worse record in the NBA the last three years.

Vinylman
08-22-2017, 07:56 AM
Nah nah, it wasn't rigged. The Lakers just tanked their way to the second worse record in the NBA the last three years.

yep... it is what it is... the Mitch/Jimbaco led Lakers blew donkey balls...

jaydubb
08-22-2017, 08:02 AM
If the draft was rigged for the lakers, they'd have Karl Anthony towns, Ben Simmons, and markelle fultz on their team right now or at the very least one of the 3, jus saying..

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 08:39 AM

Fact:

Embiid is 100% right now. cant help a fluke injury from happening.
He can play more than 30 mins and B2B but the team preferred not to to ensure future health when these games really matter.
Ben Simmons at minimum will be good and we have him in his ideal role
I dont get why you are so angry or even brought up Hinkie. just shows your agenda here for no reason. Like should we not be excited with 3 of the most talented young guys in the game?

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 08:43 AM
salty fans.. There have been many bad teams for years getting high draft picks, but when it's the lakers, let's gets scared because they will draft well and be good again.

draft well? lol where is their #2 pick from 3 years ago???????

he was dumped with a pick attached to him!!!!!!

last years #2 pick wasnt even a top 8 rookie!!!!!!!

yup LAL are the draft kings!

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 08:44 AM

I guarantee that the Lakers in 2018-2019 will have a better record than the Sixers. In fact, I am so serious that if you agree to it, I will PM you my phone number and we can get my lawyer to hash this out. Amount: $5000. Think I'm joking, try it. I'll have the contract faxed out to you within the week and you can let me know how you want to pay me and vice-versa. If not, stfu and stop bantering about Embiid and his broken knees.

jesus christ you need to get laid

IndyRealist
08-22-2017, 08:54 AM
poor choice of words on my part... here ya go

In a civil court the first action by the defendant would be as follow to get the complaint dismissed

the complaint did not allege sufficient facts that if proved would entitle the plaintiff to the relief prayed for

Of course it has the same practical impact so I guess +1 for you on the semantics... ZERO on the merits

Lol decided to go in on semantics and missed the point. This is essentially a civil case brought before binding arbitration. There is no dismissals or whatnot, the arbitrator could look at the complaint and just decide he doesn't like Magic's attitude and rule against them. Burden of proof is not a thing here, and neither is sufficient merit, which was the point I was making.

Vinylman
08-22-2017, 09:42 AM
Lol decided to go in on semantics and missed the point. This is essentially a civil case brought before binding arbitration. There is no dismissals or whatnot, the arbitrator could look at the complaint and just decide he doesn't like Magic's attitude and rule against them. Burden of proof is not a thing here, and neither is sufficient merit, which was the point I was making.

except it isn't an arbitrator and it isn't a civil case... it is an investigation outsourced by the league to determine if league rules were violated... if it was a court case their would be remedies for the accused before it even proceeded... which was my point

this is nothing more than a fishing expedition that will lead nowhere but of course you don't address that ... rather you like to focus on semantics (see how I did that to you above).

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 09:54 AM
jesus christ you need to get laid

Nothing provides more laughter than someone on a basketball forum telling someone to get laid. The only reason I offered that bet is because MTM always does these stupid bets so I am offering him his own taste of his medicine. And Embiid is finally healthy? Dude, it's the offseason.. I'd be SUPER SUPER scared if he wasn't healthy right now.. lmao.

mike_noodles
08-22-2017, 10:26 AM

Man, if I seriously had $5k to play with, I would take that bet.

On another note, Pacers think they've got em. I kind of hope they do, and not because Lakers, but because there is so much tampering in the NBA, it would be nice to show they sort of care every once in a while.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Man, if I seriously had $5k to play with, I would take that bet.

On another note, Pacers think they've got em. I kind of hope they do, and not because Lakers, but because there is so much tampering in the NBA, it would be nice to show they sort of care every once in a while.
I wouldn't offer it to anyone else. Just MTM since he's always annoying with this Sixers crap.

Vinsanity115
08-22-2017, 10:37 AM
Wasn't the Heat formation the most blatant tampering of all time? Yet no one bat an eye

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:40 AM
Wasn't the Heat formation the most blatant tampering of all time? Yet no one bat an eye

That was player to player, wasn't it?

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Nothing provides more laughter than someone on a basketball forum telling someone to get laid. The only reason I offered that bet is because MTM always does these stupid bets so I am offering him his own taste of his medicine. And Embiid is finally healthy? Dude, it's the offseason.. I'd be SUPER SUPER scared if he wasn't healthy right now.. lmao.

nothing provides me more laughter then some random dude on the internet trying to bait someone into betting 5k on something nearly 2 years away lolololol. someone else was doing this recently too bcuz he couldn't take people disagreeing with him his outrageous opinions, i think it was a Laker fan. however, MTM is incredibly annoying most days and goes just as overboard with his non-sense too.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:55 AM
nothing provides me more laughter then some random dude on the internet trying to bait someone into betting 5k on something nearly 2 years away lolololol. someone else was doing this recently too bcuz he couldn't take people disagreeing with him his outrageous opinions, i think it was a Laker fan. God it must ****ing suck to realize you are gonna be so bad this season you have to pray that media rumors come true next year.

Yes, I'm trying to test just how much confidence he has on his team considering he himself stated that the Sixers have a better future. Would you like to take the bet? I don't make bets I can't win so let's see how you guys feel about that.

Scoots
08-22-2017, 11:12 AM
That was player to player, wasn't it?

After all this discussion I think people still don't realize that there is no restriction on what players can say to each other.

Vinsanity115
08-22-2017, 11:23 AM
After all this discussion I think people still don't realize that there is no restriction on what players can say to each other.So the GM could use its players essentially to do the tampering for them. That's basically what happened with the Heat.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Players can talk to other players. There's no restrictions there.

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Yes, I'm trying to test just how much confidence he has on his team considering he himself stated that the Sixers have a better future. Would you like to take the bet? I don't make bets I can't win so let's see how you guys feel about that.

lol i dont bet with random strangers on the internet, ill stick to my bookie but i am sure you have 100% record betting lolol. but at the present moment the Sixers have a better and more sustainable long term future than the Lakers and its not even close.

ewing
08-22-2017, 11:42 AM
lol i dont bet with random strangers on the internet, ill stick to my bookie but i am sure you have 100% record betting lolol. but at the present moment the Sixers have a better and more sustainable long term future than the Lakers and its not even close.

its OK FlashBolt doesn't have lawyer

valade16
08-22-2017, 12:21 PM

When I first read the bet I glossed over the 2018-2019 part and I thought you meant next season. That would have been a bold bet.

warfelg
08-22-2017, 12:22 PM
its OK FlashBolt doesn't have lawyer

LOL.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the Lakers miss on some FAs next year. Do they end up going the Knicks way (sign an older injury prone star) or do they go the Bucks way (sign a guy who isn't a fit to a max just to sign someone) or just keep doing what their doing.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 12:36 PM
LOL.

It will be interesting to see what happens if the Lakers miss on some FAs next year. Do they end up going the Knicks way (sign an older injury prone star) or do they go the Bucks way (sign a guy who isn't a fit to a max just to sign someone) or just keep doing what their doing.

Does anyone here really think Lakers will miss out on free agents with Magic leading the charge? They made it very public that they are looking to add at least two superstars. They're still a very attractive location for ball players. Why do people assume Mitch/Jim are running the show still?

warfelg
08-22-2017, 12:47 PM
Does anyone here really think Lakers will miss out on free agents with Magic leading the charge? They made it very public that they are looking to add at least two superstars. They're still a very attractive location for ball players. Why do people assume Mitch/Jim are running the show still?

Why do you assume having Magic in charge magically means the opposite?

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 12:50 PM
Why do you assume having Magic in charge magically means the opposite?

I guess we'll wait and see. The guy has a track record of being successful both on/off and players respect him. Not difficult to imagine why a free agent may consider the Lakers.

IndyRealist
08-22-2017, 01:09 PM

Weren't you the one that said you could get a pair of custom shoes made for $20? I said I'd give you $100 for them if they could be made to my specifications, and you said you don't make bets with strangers on the internet?

Apologizes if I got the wrong person, but this argument is surreal.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 01:48 PM
Weren't you the one that said you could get a pair of custom shoes made for $20? I said I'd give you $100 for them if they could be made to my specifications, and you said you don't make bets with strangers on the internet?

Apologizes if I got the wrong person, but this argument is surreal.

That was me. And I also said that it's not worth the trouble for me to make calls to China for a measley $100. Wanna bump the offer up to $2000 and then we can talk? Why would I spend over two hours of my time? And it wasn't to be made to your specifications. I forgot what it was about exactly but it had something to do with your initials being on it and that was all there was to specifications. If I could look through the posts and find it, I would but PSD has a terrible system. In short, it's not worth the effort for $100 and I had no assurance you would pay me so unless you want to make a serious offer, send me it. This "bet" I'm doing is straight forward with the guy. Requires no work from me other than a 20 minute call.

Edit: I found the thread.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921932-Big-Baller-Brand-releases-Lonzo-Ball-s-495-shoe/page13

"If you can get a single pair of custom basketball shoes made for $40, say with my name on it in powder blue, I'll give you $100 for them."

That was your offer.

You also said that it is not possible to get a customized t-shirt for under $20.. I can take you up on that one but I can guarantee you it takes five minutes to realize you can customize a t-shirt for around $5 per shirt (if you buy in really low quantities).

So it was $40 for your name+powder blue color on any basketball sneaker. Not including shipping charges, of course. Not worth the $100 (to which I would have to pay $15 to ship it to you and additional customs fees).. I'd make like $10. Why would I do that?

You also said you can't buy wholesale t-shirts for $3.. No idea why you think that's impossible considering you can easily get it around $1.50 per shirt if you are a large manufacturer.

Jamiecballer
08-22-2017, 03:02 PM
What is it exactly that I'm assuming? The Pacers DID offer him for Klay Thompson, thus the "trying to give him to Golden State". The Pacers DID pass on better offers from Cleveland and Boston to trade him to the Western Conference. The Pacers DID put defensive minded teams around him and fired their talented coach for not having a good offense. The act of passing on better deals proved they wanted him in the West. That or they actually believed the Thunder's offer was the best, which would be insane. So again, exactly what did I assume?You asked what you were assuming after summarizing a whole bunch of gossip and assumptions fwiw

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

More-Than-Most
08-22-2017, 03:17 PM
nothing provides me more laughter then some random dude on the internet trying to bait someone into betting 5k on something nearly 2 years away lolololol. someone else was doing this recently too bcuz he couldn't take people disagreeing with him his outrageous opinions, i think it was a Laker fan. however, MTM is incredibly annoying most days and goes just as overboard with his non-sense too.

i 100 percent can be annoying but he does this **** in every thread... he finds a way to hate on the sixers lol... he is so hypocritical its hilarious... now he is trying this bet crap because he has been called out on his crap.

More-Than-Most
08-22-2017, 03:20 PM
That was me. And I also said that it's not worth the trouble for me to make calls to China for a measley $100. Wanna bump the offer up to $2000 and then we can talk? Why would I spend over two hours of my time? And it wasn't to be made to your specifications. I forgot what it was about exactly but it had something to do with your initials being on it and that was all there was to specifications. If I could look through the posts and find it, I would but PSD has a terrible system. In short, it's not worth the effort for $100 and I had no assurance you would pay me so unless you want to make a serious offer, send me it. This "bet" I'm doing is straight forward with the guy. Requires no work from me other than a 20 minute call.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921932-Big-Baller-Brand-releases-Lonzo-Ball-s-495-shoe/page13

"If you can get a single pair of custom basketball shoes made for $40, say with my name on it in powder blue, I'll give you $100 for them."

That was your offer.

You also said that it is not possible to get a customized t-shirt for under $20.. I can take you up on that one but I can guarantee you it takes five minutes to realize you can customize a t-shirt for around $5 per shirt (if you buy in really low quantities).

So it was $40 for your name+powder blue color on any basketball sneaker. Not including shipping charges, of course. Not worth the $100 (to which I would have to pay $15 to ship it to you and additional customs fees).. I'd make like $10. Why would I do that?

You also said you can't buy wholesale t-shirts for $3.. No idea why you think that's impossible considering you can easily get it around $1.50 per shirt if you are a large manufacturer.

dude holy **** you should just stop.

IndyRealist
08-22-2017, 03:29 PM

That was your offer.

Thanks for finding the thread. This is what you said on page 11

I would take you in on this if I actually had any verifcation you would be paying it up. Not worth my time and effort to do it and then have no proof you would be paying me

IKnowHoops offered to pay shipping.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921932-Big-Baller-Brand-releases-Lonzo-Ball-s-495-shoe/page11

I just find it funny you're making bets for thousands of dollars when you wouldn't put up $40.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 03:35 PM
Thanks for finding the thread. This is what you said on page 11

IKnowHoops offered to pay shipping.
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?921932-Big-Baller-Brand-releases-Lonzo-Ball-s-495-shoe/page11

I just find it funny you're making bets for thousands of dollars when you wouldn't put up $40.

It's not about the $40. It's about wasting my time when I have no verifiable way you guys are going to pay me. You can respond to my PM if you want to take this further.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 03:36 PM

dude holy **** you should just stop.

Lol. I sent you a separate PM, too. I guess you are as Trump says, all talk, no action.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Indy, how about you send me $50 and I'll get back to you when I get the shoe and you can pay me the remaining $50? Deal? IKnowHoops also has to pay me the shipping cost first, of course.

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 03:57 PM

That was your offer.

jesus dude what is wrong with you? are you hurting for money that badly or something?

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 03:58 PM
i 100 percent can be annoying but he does this **** in every thread... he finds a way to hate on the sixers lol... he is so hypocritical its hilarious... now he is trying this bet crap because he has been called out on his crap.

hah at least your self aware. this due has gone off the deep end like havent seen in a while.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 04:31 PM
Yeah, I hate sixers fans so much. You guys are so relevant that I enjoy hating on you guys. Silly fans.. lmao

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 04:33 PM
jesus dude what is wrong with you? are you hurting for money that badly or something?

Im self employed so if I can make some easy money here and there, I'll see to it. ill let you sixers fans have your fun. I hope you guys do well but I don't see how you can if your players are always injured

TheDish87
08-22-2017, 04:41 PM
lol ok man you have fun trying to swinlde strangers on the internet to make thousand dollar bets with you. i hope you win one!

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2017, 05:27 PM
The Pacers don't need proof, they just accuse. The NBA finds the proof.

The NBA doesn't even try to enforce any tampering rules. I'm always supportive of the Lakers getting punished, but the league will probably let this die.

More-Than-Most
08-22-2017, 05:43 PM
Lol. I sent you a separate PM, too. I guess you are as Trump says, all talk, no action.

except I have done bets with people on here that arent insanely crazy lol... You already reneged on a bet above... A 40 DOLLAR BET lol.. and I am suppose to think you are going to pay thousands... YEA

IndyRealist
08-22-2017, 05:44 PM
It's not about the $40. It's about wasting my time when I have no verifiable way you guys are going to pay me. You can respond to my PM if you want to take this further.

It's actually about whether you're serious or talking out your *****. You're saying you'll bet someone thousands of dollars but you wouldn't bet $40 when you got called on your claims. I feel no need to take this to PM, I think everyone got my point.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 07:11 PM
It's actually about whether you're serious or talking out your *****. You're saying you'll bet someone thousands of dollars but you wouldn't bet $40 when you got called on your claims. I feel no need to take this to PM, I think everyone got my point.

So send me the $50 first and I'll get back to you. You want me to waste my time and then you can just stop signing on and ignore me when I ask for the money? Good for you. How about YOU send me the $50 first, please.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 07:13 PM
except I have done bets with people on here that arent insanely crazy lol... You already reneged on a bet above... A 40 DOLLAR BET lol.. and I am suppose to think you are going to pay thousands... YEA

That's what contracts are for. That's why you pay lawyers.. that's why I PM'd you asking for your number so we can go over the details. You only think I won't pay because you're afraid to respond back thinking I'm joking. Okay, I'll let it go then. It's obvious you don't have any confidence on your team or else you would take the bet and get free money.

More-Than-Most
08-22-2017, 07:28 PM
That's what contracts are for. That's why you pay lawyers.. that's why I PM'd you asking for your number so we can go over the details. You only think I won't pay because you're afraid to respond back thinking I'm joking. Okay, I'll let it go then. It's obvious you don't have any confidence on your team or else you would take the bet and get free money.

lol yes I have no confidence in my team... this is you in a nutshell... you wanna bet someone but reneged and throw a hissy fit when nobody trusts you... There is more to life than PSD bruh. You want my number and address lmfao... not creepy at all. I am good.

lakers squad
08-23-2017, 04:20 AM

Ive got one question, how many games has Embiid, simmon's and Fultz played in the nba again, seem's like you 76ers fans might have a little bit of fool's gold in your hand's to me!

lakers squad
08-23-2017, 04:55 AM

Ben simmons
Fultz
Holmes
Kings first round pick

Hell yea we tanked the last 2 years, but it wasn't full tank mode until kobe retired, but tbh w you 76ers fans, I wouldn't trade our young core for y'alls young core. Because your guy's haven't proved they can even stay on the court yet. Not to mention the potential BI, Ball and Kuzma have! Lmao at you guy's will have more to spend, we can get up to around 85mil in spending power this coming off season if we need too! Also when it comes down to it FA would rather play in L.A. than in Philly 9 out of 10 times!

TheDish87
08-23-2017, 08:40 AM
lol we dont want youre core. our top 3 core guys are better than your best 1. youre guys havent proved dick and Embiid might have only played 30 games but he showed superstar potential. But please enlighten me how FA's would rather go to LA who have you signed in the lasy 5 years? Do you forget you had to seriously overpay for Deng and Moz lololol

TheDish87
08-23-2017, 09:05 AM

do you know read the ******** you are spewing? you are taking a hard L for the last 2 day my man. ****ing 5k bets with strangers, lawyers, contracts ahahahah get the **** outta here dude.

Scoots
08-23-2017, 09:34 AM
So send me the $50 first and I'll get back to you. You want me to waste my time and then you can just stop signing on and ignore me when I ask for the money? Good for you. How about YOU send me the $50 first, please.

LOL ... why would anyone send you money on the prospect you will pay out on a losing bet you proposed? And all of a sudden the amount is more than the bet was for??? I like how you somehow think this makes you look better. :confused:

IndyRealist
08-23-2017, 11:24 AM
BACK ON TOPIC

For weeks, even months, the Pacers had heard whispers that the Los Angeles Lakers had been making contact with Paul George's agent, Aaron Mintz, and George's parents. Then Pacers owner Herb Simon, general manager Kevin Pritchard and some other Pacers' officials watched the Magic Johnson yuk-it-up interview on the Jimmy Kimmel Show in April, and they were incensed

Then in June, Mintz informed the Pacers that George was not going to re-sign with the Pacers, largely due to the fact he didn't qualify for the supermax deal, and that George wanted to end up with his hometown Lakers when he became a free agent at the end of the 2017-18 season.

Enough, the Pacers said. This was enough. This, they believed, was blatant tampering, first the whispers of improper contact, then the Magic interview, followed by the phone call from Mintz. The Lakers were talking about a player who wasn't hitting free agency for another two seasons. Not one season, not a couple of days before the start of free agency, which is not allowed but generally accepted as the coin of the realm. Like, when Jeff Teague signs with the Minnesota Timberwolves signs a free-agent deal July 1, you don't think the Wolves and their agent haven't previously spoken? Of course they have. But the league chooses to accept, or at least turn a blind eye to, that sort of thing.

But a full year out?

Not acceptable.

And so the investigation is well underway with the NBA asking Lakers' officials for e-mails and any other correspondence that might exist between the Lakers' brass – specifically Magic and first-year general manager Rob Pelinka – and either George or George's representative. Tampering is a uniquely difficult charge to prove, but the Pacers believe there's a compelling case to be made here.

Is it petty?

Sure, it's a little bit petty. The Pacers can really put the screws to the Lakers and even George himself. The Pacers themselves do not stand to benefit in any way.

Still, it's necessary, and it's especially necessary in a league where players are forever angling to align themselves with existing super teams. It's especially necessary for small- and mid-market teams to hold big-market teams' feet to the fire in these cases. All over the league, teams like Indiana, Oklahoma City and Salt Lake are losing their star players, creating a very uneven playing field and giving rise to the super team phenomenon. In fact, there's word that other small- and mid-market team officials have reached out to the Pacers and told them, "Good for you. Fight the good fight."

It's also potentially devastating both for the Lakers and George. If found guilty, the Lakers could be fined up to $5 million, they could lose draft picks, team executives could be suspended and the Lakers could be restricted from signing George after the 2017-18 season, which would put a serious crimp in their master rebuilding plan.

Over the years, several teams have been found guilty of tampering, but the most egregious example came in 2000, when the NBA came down hard on the Minnesota Timberwolves for signing free agent Joe Smith to a secret deal. In the end, the Wolves were fined $3.5 million and docked four first-round picks while owner Glen Taylor and vice president Kevin McHale were suspended for a year.

For their part, the Pacers cannot comment on the tampering charge or investigation. There's an NBA-ordered gag order and officials can be fined $100,000 for making a public comment. That explains why the Pacers, and specifically Pritchard, declined comment when reached by WTHR.com.

The Lakers recently responded to the charges with a team statement:

"As the NBA's statement made clear, we cannot comment about the specifics of any ongoing investigation. We can confirm, however, that we are cooperating fully with the NBA in the hope of clearing our name as soon as possible."

Suffice to say, the Pacers are angry, having lost their franchise player for dimes on the dollar. They are angry that it became public that George only had eyes for the Lakers, killing the Pacers' potential trade market while telling the Lakers, in essence, "Hey, you don't have to trade for George; you're getting him for nothing after the 2018 season." They are angry about all the whispers they'd been hearing about impermissible contact between the Lakers and George's representative and family, and became even angrier when Johnson, a newbie in his current position as president of the Lakers, put the public full-court press on George on a network late-night show. Then came the Mintz phone call to Pritchard, and soon thereafter, the wheels were put in motion.

It's understood, everybody tampers, at least a little bit. Again, those July 1 free-agent signings do not happen in an information vacuum. Conversations are had. Texts are exchanged. It happens.

This, though, is different. This, if proven, is egregious. I don't know if the Lakers tampered or not – I'll leave it to the investigators to go through Lakers executive's communications – but the Kimmel interview alone was enough to raise some eyebrows.

The Pacers have moved on— honest, they have— but they're still angry, properly angry, and they don't care who knows it.

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-pacers-strongly-believe-they-have-the-lakers-dead-to-rights-believe-they-tampered

To me, it doesn't sound like they have much. Just speculation and "huh, that's a weird coincidence". It does explain the timeline a bit though. Apparently the Pacers filed tampering charges in June?

We'll see how it plays out.

warfelg
08-23-2017, 11:35 AM
BACK ON TOPIC

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-pacers-strongly-believe-they-have-the-lakers-dead-to-rights-believe-they-tampered

To me, it doesn't sound like they have much. Just speculation and "huh, that's a weird coincidence". It does explain the timeline a bit though. Apparently the Pacers filed tampering charges in June?

I said it when it happened that this didn't seem 100% kosher. Seems as though the deeper this goes the more it seems true.

And I said back then. The public statements of saying "Don't trade for me I'm coming" is the one that really got me thinking. It's a very strange thing to do. Alienate your team, teammates, and basically any other team in the NBA by letting them know you're a lame duck player for them?

Kyben36
08-23-2017, 12:56 PM
lakers deserve it.

Lakers + Giants
08-23-2017, 03:19 PM
lakers deserve it.

Deserve what? were not gonna get punished at all. They aren't gonna find any dirt on us LMFAO

Vinylman
08-23-2017, 03:26 PM
BACK ON TOPIC

wow... a local sports writer sticking up for the local team... I guess that's how they suck dick in Indy...

Nothing new in this report at all quite frankly...

Bostonjorge
08-24-2017, 03:25 PM
Magic didn't do anything wrong. On the Jimmy Kimmel show Magic never said George's name. Kimmel said George's name and magic went from their. Seeing Cuban's fines over the years was because he would say the players names on camera. Magic never said anyone's name.

Magic can also claim he went on a entertainment show as his entertainment character, Magic. Not as Ervin Johnson the head of basketball operations for the lakers.

hugepatsfan
08-24-2017, 03:28 PM
Magic didn't do anything wrong. On the Jimmy Kimmel show Magic never said George's name. Kimmel said George's name and magic went from their. Seeing Cuban's fines over the years was because he would say the players names on camera. Magic never said anyone's name.

Magic can also claim he went on a entertainment show as his entertainment character, Magic. Not as Ervin Johnson the head of basketball operations for the lakers.

lmao if he argues that he deserves to be fined for no other reason than how dumb that is

TheDish87
08-24-2017, 03:57 PM

yea, no. come on dude. i would assume guilt and fine him double if he tried to pull that

IndyRealist
08-24-2017, 05:11 PM

If you can tell who he is talking about without him saying the name, I doubt it matters. He still commented on a player under contract. But if this was strong enough on it's own to warrant even a fine, they would have fined him already. It depends on what else actually turns up.

Lakers + Giants
08-24-2017, 10:53 PM
yea, no. come on dude. i would assume guilt and fine him double if he tried to pull that

Even as a laker fan, I agree :laugh2:

lakers squad
08-25-2017, 02:39 AM
lol we dont want youre core. our top 3 core guys are better than your best 1. youre guys havent proved dick and Embiid might have only played 30 games but he showed superstar potential. But please enlighten me how FA's would rather go to LA who have you signed in the lasy 5 years? Do you forget you had to seriously overpay for Deng and Moz lololol

Lmao...I would take Ball or even BI over any of y'alls injury prone player's any day of the week...And that was when kupcake and jr. Was running this ship. You need to understand that this is a whole new ball game with Magic in control now!

lakers squad
08-25-2017, 01:05 PM
Embiid is 100% right now. cant help a fluke injury from happening.
He can play more than 30 mins and B2B but the team preferred not to to ensure future health when these games really matter.
Ben Simmons at minimum will be good and we have him in his ideal role
I dont get why you are so angry or even brought up Hinkie. just shows your agenda here for no reason. Like should we not be excited with 3 of the most talented young guys in the game?

As a laker fan I give you 76er fan's alot of grief because you guy"s always do it to us, it's all in good fun! But the process Hinkie set up for you guys was brilliant, if you guys can stay healthy y"all will have a hell of a team for years. You guy's should be excited, but as a laker fan's we are excited as well, because we also have had a few down year's and finally see thing's looking Bright as far as the future go's! Goodluck to you guy's moving forward and hopefully we will see you guy's in the final's in a few year's! Oh well back to giving you guy's hell again from now on lol

Sssmush
08-25-2017, 08:08 PM

LoL at all the amateur lawyers coming up with these Supreme Court type of arguments of how Magic should be not guilty.

LoL know what it's like? It's like when you go to traffic court for a speeding ticket, and you talk for half an hour, you got testimonials from your girlfriend, you got stories, you got anecdotes, you got reasons why you never go that fast, you have explanations why you had to go fast because the flow of traffic, because of safety, and that it was another car that actually was going fast, etc etc etc.

But the judge just says, "Officer Jones, how fast did you clock the defendant?" And he says "84 MPH your honor."

And the judge says BAM! "Guilty."

Everytime, just like that.

Look if Magic broke any of the league rules on tampering, and if there is evidence of that (emails, texts, eye-witnesses, things Paul George said, video, etc) then Magic will be guilty, simple as that.

And then Magic can take it to the Supreme Court and make the argument that things said on a comedy show are strictly comedic fictions and are not communications and do not transmit information etc etc, and also that in his fictional comedy character "Magic Johnson" on the comedy show Kimmel, he was not actually present as his true legal self "Earvin Johnson" and so therefore should not be liable for anything he said.

I mean that's it. 3 seconds for the guilty decision, then the next ten years for Magic/Earvin's Supreme Court appeal.

Lakers + Giants
08-26-2017, 06:41 AM
^:confused::confused::confused::confused::shush::n o::drunk::down::bla::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy:

FlashBolt
08-26-2017, 06:44 AM
LoL at all the amateur lawyers coming up with these Supreme Court type of arguments of how Magic should be not guilty.

LoL know what it's like? It's like when you go to traffic court for a speeding ticket, and you talk for half an hour, you got testimonials from your girlfriend, you got stories, you got anecdotes, you got reasons why you never go that fast, you have explanations why you had to go fast because the flow of traffic, because of safety, and that it was another car that actually was going fast, etc etc etc.

But the judge just says, "Officer Jones, how fast did you clock the defendant?" And he says "84 MPH your honor."

Look if Magic broke any of the league rules on tampering, and if there is evidence of that (emails, texts, eye-witnesses, things Paul George said, video, etc) then Magic will be guilty, simple as that.

And then Magic can take it to the Supreme Court and make the argument that things said on a comedy show are strictly comedic fictions and are not communications and do not transmit information etc etc, and also that in his fictional comedy character "Magic Johnson" on the comedy show Kimmel, he was not actually present as his true legal self "Earvin Johnson" and so therefore should not be liable for anything he said.

I mean that's it. 3 seconds for the guilty decision, then the next ten years for Magic/Earvin's Supreme Court appeal.

Why would the Supreme Court take a stupid case like this?

eDush
08-30-2017, 08:13 AM

Why would the Supreme Court take a stupid case like this?They wouldn't and the Pacers shouldn't have initiated tampering against Magic in this age of social media narrating most of the rumors without actual proof. All it does is made them look worst than the actual PG trade. Their FO look like fools :nod:

TheDish87
08-30-2017, 08:28 AM
how do they look like fools if they have a case?

warfelg
08-30-2017, 08:38 AM
how do they look like fools if they have a case?

Because it's the Lakers.

Here's the problem I see for the Pacers. They come off as the bad guy no matter what:
~Do this pre PG trade and you look like you're trying to hold him hostage.
~Do this post PG trade (like they did) and it looks like they are butt hurt over the trade.
~Do this post 2018 Free Agency and it looks like they are being completely reactionary.

It kinda sucks for them that if they feel tampering happened there's no way for them to look good, even if it's proven to be true IMO.

TheDish87
08-30-2017, 09:20 AM
eh since they didnt trade PG to LAL i disgaree with the 2nd point. I dont think they come out looking good nor bad. Its really no different than the Pelicans suing the Sixers over Jrues health or us doing it to LAL well after Bynum was gone. This stuff gets forgotten pretty fast bcuz its really nothing, kinda like you do it bcuz you can and might have some proof.

warfelg
08-30-2017, 09:28 AM
Tampering is on a different scale than trading an injured player. If you are found to tamper that could effect you for a while.

And go back to some of the early pages here. SO many people posted "They're only doing this because they made a stupid trade." Same sentiment on twitter, reddit too of the reaction to them filing.

M.L.G.A.
08-30-2017, 09:31 AM

Actually, that's how Hulk Hogan won his hundreds of millions of dollar law suit and shut down a gossip website, because of how his porn video that was released damaged his Hulk Hogan character vs Terry Bollea the real person..

TheDish87
08-30-2017, 09:52 AM
Tampering is on a different scale than trading an injured player. If you are found to tamper that could effect you for a while.

And go back to some of the early pages here. SO many people posted "They're only doing this because they made a stupid trade." Same sentiment on twitter, reddit too of the reaction to them filing.

right this can only turn out bad for LAL. I dont see how this impact Indy one way or the other, they have nothing to lose here. They must have something to take it this far, just a matter of how substantial.

TheDish87
08-30-2017, 09:54 AM
Actually, that's how Hulk Hogan won his hundreds of millions of dollar law suit and shut down a gossip website, because of how his porn video that was released damaged his Hulk Hogan character vs Terry Bollea the real person..

Gawker illegally obtained the video...

Scoots
08-30-2017, 10:09 AM

"Your honor, here is my request for the speed survey for that road and the request for the calibration certificate for that speed gun and the request for the certificate for that officer to measure speed using that model of gun and his most recent update ... I got none of the information I requested." BAM "Dismissed."

LaVar Ball
08-30-2017, 01:15 PM
The NBA should fine the Pacers for making such a ridiculous deal and getting a return of Sabonis and Oladipo for George. In fact, that trade was so bad, I think Pritchard should go fine himself. Incompetent egotistical prick!

M.L.G.A.
08-30-2017, 11:53 PM

lol No they did not.

Hulk Hogan won the lawsuit because he said it damaged "Hulk Hogan's" (not Terry's) reputation on how he claimed he had a 10" python...do some research before you talk...don't become a Trumpian

M.L.G.A.
08-30-2017, 11:57 PM

Here you go trump supporter:

Bollea said that comments made in interviews were done in his professional wrestling character, an on-air persona different than his own.[22] The court was shown a taped deposition where Daulerio said that he would consider a celebrity sex tape non-newsworthy if the subject was under the age of four.[23] Daulerio later told the court he was being flippant in his response.[24]

On March 18, 2016, the jury delivered a verdict in favor of Bollea. The jury awarded him $115 million in compensatory damages, which included $60 million for emotional distress. The jury awarded Bollea an additional $25 million in punitive damages on March 21.[8]

Reactions to the verdict ranged from those supporting it and decrying voyeuristic publications, to those describing it as of limited scope which doesn't damage free speech, to those describing the verdict and the large judgment as having a deeply chilling effect on journalism when courts can decide newsworthiness.

and in case you need the similarity spelled out...read a book....

Stay in school folks...

TheDish87
08-31-2017, 08:30 AM
lol what?

i dont support anyone not that it any of your business you tool keep your political bull **** out of here.

and not that it matters nor is it relevant to tis thread...

Mr. Bollea’s lawyers said that the publication of the video was a gratuitous invasion of privacy, and had no news value. One of them, Kenneth G. Turkel, took particular aim at the contention that Gawker’s posting of the video was an act of journalism and was therefore protected under the First Amendment. He described the publication as “morbid and sensational prying.”

LaVar Ball
08-31-2017, 01:12 PM
Lakers fined half a million dollars lol.

David Aldridge‏Verified account @daldridgetnt 13m13 minutes ago
More
Whoa. NBA fines Lakers $500,000 for violating anti-tampering rules in Paul George case.

David Aldridge‏Verified account @daldridgetnt 5m5 minutes ago
More
Per league: "The investigation did not reveal evidence of an agreement or understanding that the Lakers would sign or acquire Mr. George."

TheDish87
08-31-2017, 02:01 PM
i have a feeling this wont be the first tampering charge against Magic and Co lol

KB24PG16
08-31-2017, 02:08 PM
:dance:

Cal827
08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
:laugh2: Well I'll eat some crow and say I was wrong.

Side note.... I don't think 500k will have a significant impact on basically any team... these teams are worth billions of dollars and make millions annually (especially the Lakers haha)

I'm very curious though what extent of interaction a team would have that would warrant a 500k fine, BUT not other extra penalty (e.g. Picks/Not signing the player)

GREATNESS ONE
08-31-2017, 02:54 PM
Seriously, fined for winking on TV? Horse ****, is Goodell the commissioner f the NBA too?

LaVar Ball
08-31-2017, 02:57 PM
Seriously, fined for winking on TV? Horse ****, is Goodell the commissioner f the NBA too?

Fined for Pelinka having contact with George's agent. But even then, that's suspect. Pelinka just made the transition from agent to GM. Of course there's gonna be a little bit of residue left over. Stupid Pacers.

FlashBolt
08-31-2017, 02:58 PM

NBA wants money, too.

warfelg
08-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Such a strange outcome. This is the "we're not 100% sure but just in case".

warfelg
08-31-2017, 03:08 PM
NBA radio on SXM reporting that Palinka did call PG13's agent and told him to not sign an extension because the Lakers are interesting. Referring to him by name is why they were fined.

Personally I think telling not to sign anywhere is a bigger deal.

Teeboy1487
08-31-2017, 03:34 PM
:)

valade16
08-31-2017, 03:46 PM
So can the Lakers still sign PG next summer?

lakerfan85
08-31-2017, 03:58 PM
So can the Lakers still sign PG next summer?

Yep.. Just received a fine is all I see..

valade16
08-31-2017, 04:01 PM
Yep.. Just received a fine is all I see..

Then it was worth it lol

TheDish87
08-31-2017, 04:05 PM
Fined for Pelinka having contact with George's agent. But even then, that's suspect. Pelinka just made the transition from agent to GM. Of course there's gonna be a little bit of residue left over. Stupid Pacers.

you mean stupid Pelinka?

D Blue987
08-31-2017, 04:05 PM
NBA radio on SXM reporting that Palinka did call PG13's agent and told him to not sign an extension because the Lakers are interesting. Referring to him by name is why they were fined.

NBA just trying to pay respects for the Chris Paul fiasco with David Stern. lol.

IndyRealist
08-31-2017, 04:18 PM
Slap on the wrist. The NBA wants PG in LA. Let the Lebron rumors fly!

jaydubb
08-31-2017, 04:23 PM
500k is pocket change to the lakers

warfelg
08-31-2017, 04:57 PM
I'll try to find it but know what's funny about this:
I kinda called it when Pelinka was hired that there would be some tampering charge sometime.

Scoots
08-31-2017, 05:32 PM
Here you go trump supporter:

Bollea said that comments made in interviews were done in his professional wrestling character, an on-air persona different than his own.[22] The court was shown a taped deposition where Daulerio said that he would consider a celebrity sex tape non-newsworthy if the subject was under the age of four.[23] Daulerio later told the court he was being flippant in his response.[24]

On March 18, 2016, the jury delivered a verdict in favor of Bollea. The jury awarded him $115 million in compensatory damages, which included $60 million for emotional distress. The jury awarded Bollea an additional $25 million in punitive damages on March 21.[8]

Reactions to the verdict ranged from those supporting it and decrying voyeuristic publications, to those describing it as of limited scope which doesn't damage free speech, to those describing the verdict and the large judgment as having a deeply chilling effect on journalism when courts can decide newsworthiness.

and in case you need the similarity spelled out...read a book....

Stay in school folks...

What does any of that have to do with how Gawker obtained the video?

Scoots
08-31-2017, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I really don't get why people are bashing the Pacers for this.

Scoots
08-31-2017, 05:37 PM
NBA just trying to pay respects for the Chris Paul fiasco with David Stern. lol.

You know that the NBA didn't void the CP3 trade right ... it was never a valid trade because the trading party had no authority to trade the player.

If I "traded" LeBron James to the Lakers and the NBA said "NO" it's essentially the same thing.

Scoots
08-31-2017, 05:42 PM
I'll try to find it but know what's funny about this:
I kinda called it when Pelinka was hired that there would be some tampering charge sometime.

IIRC when Bob Myers became Warriors GM he got written permission from teams to talk to players who were former clients and offered full transparency. A good agent would know they had to go above and beyond the letter of the law to keep clean on tampering charges.

That said, Myers and Draymond are close friends and vacation together and Draymond can call anyone and say anything ... wink wink.

Lakers + Giants
08-31-2017, 07:16 PM
If it's true that Pelinka made the call then hell yea it was worth it. 500 K? LMFAO that's just to make it seem like we received some sort of punishment. Ima have to say it was worth it. :win:

sharqstealth
08-31-2017, 08:15 PM
NBA should fine itself for conspiracy with the lakers! 500k? What a joke! So what happened to paul george being prohibited to sign with the lakers??

Lakers + Giants
08-31-2017, 10:20 PM
NBA should fine itself for conspiracy with the lakers! 500k? What a joke! So what happened to paul george being prohibited to sign with the lakers??

hahaha. Exactly. In reality it's not even a fine/punishment. Lets just say 500K to make it sound like we're addressing the violation.

kobe4thewinbang
08-31-2017, 10:58 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/08/lakers-fined-500k-for-tampering.html

Despite no actual proof... I ain't saying they're innocent, but George was the one goofing it up and winking to the cameras about it. $500 ain't nothing to the Buss Fortune, but funny that the league can do it without any proof.

Based off a conversation in which Pelinka said they had interest in Paul George.

I'm sure every team if asked would say that Paul George is "an interesting talent."

:horse:

...When's the season start again?!

More-Than-Most
09-01-2017, 12:37 AM
they were found guilty correct?

Esoteric
09-01-2017, 01:01 AM
My last speeding fine was more than that......

eDush
09-01-2017, 04:52 AM
My last speeding fine was more than that......Your fine was more then half a million?

Esoteric
09-01-2017, 05:38 AM
Your fine was more then half a million?

Hahaha it read $500 prior to being edited....

Now perspective though this is a tiny fine.

Vinylman
09-01-2017, 08:00 AM
Yeah, I really don't get why people are bashing the Pacers for this.

because it is irrelevant to what they were doing...

Indy is just being petty

Like it is some mystery that a team would be interested in PG13 next summer...

Name me one team that wouldn't be interested in him

Pritchard is the HRC of the NBA... blaming everyone but himself for his incompetence

lakers squad
09-01-2017, 01:52 PM
IIRC when Bob Myers became Warriors GM he got written permission from teams to talk to players who were former clients and offered full transparency. A good agent would know they had to go above and beyond the letter of the law to keep clean on tampering charges.

That said, Myers and Draymond are close friends and vacation together and Draymond can call anyone and say anything ... wink wink.

Exactly, this contact was not necessary! This could have been worse, the nba could have chosen to have made a example out of the lakers, and you know there was a temptation to do that! I hope moving forward the Lakers are alot smarter about how they go about things! Pelinka should have knew better, he was the last one I would have thought would have made this mistake, even though he kept it at a minimum and did not enter into a agreement or anything that could be traced, he still left proof he had illegal contact!

lakers squad
09-01-2017, 02:09 PM

In that case this should have been the penalty if we would have entered into a agreement w pg13...God David Stern bent us over and offered up no lube that day! Still makes me sick when I think of that!

Scoots
09-01-2017, 03:12 PM
In that case this should have been the penalty if we would have entered into a agreement w pg13...God David Stern bent us over and offered up no lube that day! Still makes me sick when I think of that!

But CP3 trade was done by someone who had no authority to make the trade. It wasn't Stern, it was NBA rules that stopped that trede. At least that's how I remember it. Why the real GM and the Lakers couldn't work out a deal a couple weeks later I don't remember either.

warfelg
09-01-2017, 03:17 PM
But CP3 trade was done by someone who had no authority to make the trade. It wasn't Stern, it was NBA rules that stopped that trede. At least that's how I remember it. Why the real GM and the Lakers couldn't work out a deal a couple weeks later I don't remember either.

Lakers kinda panicked and traded someone quickly after the trade was rejected and it was a big part of the CP3 trade. I think it might have been Lamar Odom TBH.

lakers squad
09-01-2017, 07:55 PM

What happened basically is Dan Gilbert sent a E-Mail to David stern, whinnying, saying that if he did not do something about this trade that basically almost the whole nba would be the Washington Generals compared to the lakers. (The Washington generals are the team the Globetrotters always beat up on) in response David Stern vetoed the deal, then they turn around and sent CP3 to the clippers the next day I believe. Then the Lakers had to trade Odem to the maverick's for a first rd pick a couple weeks later, because he was so emotionally damaged by the fact the Lakers tried to trade him! So yes we got screwed over Royally by David Stern, and the NBA!

CityofTreez
09-01-2017, 08:10 PM
$500K is nothing to LA, but it does show some cunniving aspect to the Lakers FO which could maybe have an effect on future moves. Idk, to some it might be bs, but it does show that your FO doesn't care about the legal way to do things. And to some extent, since LA was wrong here PG might be weary of leaving to follow through with this guilty claim.

LaVar Ball
09-01-2017, 08:15 PM
$500K is nothing to LA, but it does show some cunniving aspect to the Lakers FO which could maybe have an effect on future moves. Idk, to some it might be bs, but it does show that your FO doesn't care about the legal way to do things. And to some extent, since LA was wrong here PG might be weary of leaving to follow through with this guilty claim.

Pelinka just left being an agent to become GM. Like the dude just made the transition. It's hard to just wash away the agent world like that. It takes time. And if anything, it seems that George's agent was the one to initiate everything when they told Indy that PG would accept a trade only to LA.

CityofTreez
09-02-2017, 11:38 AM
Well, he's guilty and other teams will think twice when dealing with this new agent-turned-GM.
That's all I'm saying.

Scoots
09-02-2017, 01:35 PM
Pelinka just left being an agent to become GM. Like the dude just made the transition. It's hard to just wash away the agent world like that. It takes time. And if anything, it seems that George's agent was the one to initiate everything when they told Indy that PG would accept a trade only to LA.

So following the rules is not an agent thing? Pretty weak excuse.

LaLa_Land
09-02-2017, 01:50 PM
Well, he's guilty and other teams will think twice when dealing with this new agent-turned-GM.
That's all I'm saying.

...kind of like how teams stopped dealing with Minnesota after their inordinate tampering punishment, right?

Yeah, Pelinky Dink and Smiley McGee will be blackballed for sure.

...lmao

This was a nothing burger...Pritchard trying to stick it to George in a multitude of ways...and failing with each attempt, like a petulant child.

warfelg
09-02-2017, 01:52 PM
So following the rules is not an agent thing? Pretty weak excuse.

Yea, to be honest I would do what your GM did if I was Pelinka. Send a letter to every agent and GM.

Also a weak excuse to say "he just stopped being an agent". You were on the other end so you are fully aware of what the rules are.

Chronz
09-02-2017, 01:56 PM
Hell yea we tanked the last 2 years, but it wasn't full tank mode until kobe retired, but tbh w you 76ers fans, I wouldn't trade our young core for y'alls young core. Because your guy's haven't proved they can even stay on the court yet. Not to mention the potential BI, Ball and Kuzma have! Lmao at you guy's will have more to spend, we can get up to around 85mil in spending power this coming off season if we need too! Also when it comes down to it FA would rather play in L.A. than in Philly 9 out of 10 times!

You're one of those fans that actually thought the Lakers were trying to win those years? Lmfao this ain't the forum for you bud

Chronz
09-02-2017, 01:59 PM
Most seem to think it was magic who dropped the ball. How tragic of him

LaVar Ball
09-02-2017, 02:27 PM
Most seem to think it was magic who dropped the ball. How tragic of him

Are you referring to the Kimmel thing?

That may have brought some attention I agree. But hopefully it'll be a non-issue going forward.

lakers squad
09-02-2017, 04:00 PM
You're one of those fans that actually thought the Lakers were trying to win those years? Lmfao this ain't the forum for you bud

Did I say we were trying to win the chip those last couple years w Kobe no I did not, but we still had Gasol and the allusions that if Kobe could get healthy enough we could make it to the playoffs and make a mini run, it wasn't until Kobe's last year or two that it was apparent that we probably could not make the playoffs, but we refused to trade Gasol and wanted to resign him, played our veterans even though we knew we were probably not going to make the playoffs, how is that tanking? The organization wanted to send Kobe out on a high note if possible and any team Kobe is on can't really fully tank! Yes we still stank it up, but the team was litterly that bad! We did not really Do a full tank during a season until after Kobe was gone! But if you will read what I said I acknowledge we tanked in my first post...I really don't get your point tbh... I assume you were referring to while Kobe was still on the team, so I just broke it down for you a little better!

lakers squad
09-02-2017, 05:10 PM
To follow up on my last post a little, the last two are three years w Buss, and Kupcape, I believe they were trying to win, but they did not know how to make it happen. As a laker fan it was like the team was in limbo, w no clear direction or plans for the future. We really did not get what the organization was doing half the time! Im so glad those day's are behind us, at least w Magic and Pelinka we feel like there is a direction and a plan we have in place moving foward!

eDush
09-03-2017, 07:28 AM
Kupcake made 2 blunder signing last offseason in Moz and Deng. Did they bid against themselves? He's a bad GM that doesn't even come close to being a genius like Ainge. Pelinka with Magic should do better, much better :nod:

Vinylman
09-03-2017, 03:11 PM
...kind of like how teams stopped dealing with Minnesota after their inordinate tampering punishment, right?

Yeah, Pelinky Dink and Smiley McGee will be blackballed for sure.

...lmao

This was a nothing burger...Pritchard trying to stick it to George in a multitude of ways...and failing with each attempt, like a petulant child.

how people don't see the bolded is beyond me... if the players should be mad at anyone it is Pritchard for trying to fcuk a player over by filing a BS tampering claim...

dude flat out tried to get the league to block him from going to the LAL next offseason... the ultimate bi tch move

Laker Legend42
09-03-2017, 03:44 PM
At the end of it all this amounts to nothing going forward when it comes to who would want to sign with the lakers. What rob pelinka did was nothing. You don't think pat Riley had some kind of coversation when he traded away his entire roster to make room for Lebron and bosh? Whatever the conversation it had no bearing on the trade and what they accepted as compensation for Paul George. Let's not act as if this type of thing never happens. At the start of every free agency period we start to hear who's going where a minute in. So there had to be some advanced conversations.

Scoots
09-03-2017, 04:37 PM
how people don't see the bolded is beyond me... if the players should be mad at anyone it is Pritchard for trying to fcuk a player over by filing a BS tampering claim...

dude flat out tried to get the league to block him from going to the LAL next offseason... the ultimate bi tch move

There's a new ultimate ***** move? Cool.

Vinylman
09-03-2017, 04:55 PM
There's a new ultimate ***** move? Cool.

in the gm category yes...

in the player category... KDouche will never be surpassed

lakers squad
09-03-2017, 08:13 PM
Now pacer's owner Herb Simon is threatening to sue the Lakers, and the Nba, because he's not happy with the penalty the Nba handed down to the Lakers! Lmao what a joke!

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Now pacer's owner Herb Simon is threatening to sue the Lakers, and the Nba, because he's not happy with the penalty the Nba handed down to the Lakers! Lmao what a joke!

I don't see that anywhere. Source?

Tania Ganguli: Pacers triggered the Lakers tampering investigation, so I asked for their comment. From GM Pritchard: “We accept the league’s findings.” 3 days ago – via Twitter taniaganguli

Balltime
09-03-2017, 09:15 PM
The NBA owners are so scared of the lakers being a perennial power house again.

lakers squad
09-03-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't see that anywhere. Source?

Just search pacers owner Herb Simon may sue lakers, and it should take you right to it, I just bought this phone, and I have not shared a link with this phone yet, and im a little to busy right now to be trying to figure it out!

IndyRealist
09-03-2017, 10:21 PM
Just search pacers owner Herb Simon may sue lakers, and it should take you right to it, I just bought this phone, and I have not shared a link with this phone yet, and im a little to busy right now to be trying to figure it out!

Thanks.

Every article carrying the story is quoting Peter Vecsey, who blogs behind a Patreon paywall, saying:

A confidant of the Pacers’ long-time owner, says he plans to raise a stink at the league’s next Board of Governors meeting. "He’s so fed up, don’t be shocked if he sues the league and the Lakers for damages."

No legit news outlet is carrying the story, likely because there's only one source and no one corroborating it. It's literally ONE guy who is disseminating this story.

lakers squad
09-03-2017, 10:54 PM
Yea it's more or less what I would call a rumor at this point!

LaLa_Land
09-03-2017, 11:02 PM

Vinyl..

It's ****ing glaringly obvious.

That's why so many of the posts in this thread are WTF-worthy.

Pritchard woke up every day with one train of thought in his mind:

"I'll get fired. Indy is doomed for a decade. How can I **** up the dude that caused all of this?"

i.e. trade him to OKC, and then file Minnesota-hopeful tampering charges against LA to restrict the obvious forthcoming passage.

...if anything, this entire charade shows what Pritchard knew about PG's unremitting, long-standing passion to play in LA.

lakers squad
09-04-2017, 04:47 PM
Vinyl..

It's ****ing glaringly obvious.

That's why so many of the posts in this thread are WTF-worthy.

Pritchard woke up every day with one train of thought in his mind:

"I'll get fired. Indy is doomed for a decade. How can I **** up the dude that caused all of this?"

i.e. trade him to OKC, and then file Minnesota-hopeful tampering charges against LA to restrict the obvious forthcoming passage.

...if anything, this entire charade shows what Pritchard knew about PG's unremitting, long-standing passion to play in LA.

Yes, I would agree...it's basically admitted from what ive read, and most the small, and mid market team's are backing this...its basically most the nba hoping they can screw the lakers in anyway to keep them from returning to being a juggernaut again!

Scoots
09-04-2017, 05:48 PM
in the gm category yes...

in the player category... KDouche will never be surpassed

I still think Boozer's move against the Cavs to get out of his contract and leave for the Jazz was a far worse move. He straight up lied to get out of his contract and leave the team that drafted him after 2 years.