PDA

View Full Version : Teacher gives students hand-out "Don't be a...Kevin Durant." Fair or Unfair?

KnicksorBust
08-19-2017, 08:39 AM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2017/8/18/16166684/kevin-durant-michael-jordan-handout-school-teacher-nba-thunder-warriors

Thoughts? I saw a Durant tweet that said the teacher should be fired and thrown in jail but now I can't see it.

ewing
08-19-2017, 08:45 AM
Great lesson.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:15 AM
Great lesson.

yeah tell all kids to not ever try and advance their careers or seek better opportunities.

Seeing as most likely none of the kids in the class will be elite level pro athletes- they will likely be in careers where moving around from time to time (especially early on in their career) will be the right choice to make.

Also she compares what KD did to cheating on a test. KD was a free agent and he handled his free agency far better than other guys like lebron. KD showed great maturity and consideration for all involved with his decision. Just because people dont like the decision he made for himself while being a FREE AGENT- doesnt mean he did something unethical by any stretch of the imagination.

The teacher was out of line

lakerfan85
08-19-2017, 09:16 AM
How is it unfair?

lakerfan85
08-19-2017, 09:17 AM
yeah tell all kids to not ever try and advance their careers or seek better opportunities.

Seeing as most likely none of the kids in the class will be elite level pro athletes- they will likely be in careers where moving around from time to time (especially early on in their career) will be the right choice to make.

Also she compares what KD did to cheating on a test. KD was a free agent and he handled his free agency far better than other guys like lebron. KD showed great maturity and consideration for all involved with his decision. Just because people dont like the decision he made for himself while being a FREE AGENT- doesnt mean he did something unethical by any stretch of the imagination.

Lol!! No she wasn't...

Vinylman
08-19-2017, 09:24 AM
What a shock... dubs fan blindly defending KD

KD deserves what he gets. If the ***** is irritated he just needs to dab some of his lifetime supply of vagisil on it

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:26 AM
How is it unfair?

LOl its unfair because she thinks its wrong for kd to seek a better opportunity to win championships, but when players like mike miller, david west, or paul pierce do it- she doesnt mention them.

so other players its ok to take the easy way out, but for kd it isnt?

so if your a great software engineer when you grow up and you start out working at a small start up company that likely will go under within the next 4 or 5 years- dont take the job offer at google because its good character to finish what you started

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:28 AM
What a shock... dubs fan blindly defending KD

KD deserves what he gets. If the ***** is irritated he just needs to dab some of his lifetime supply of vagisil on it

well i understand a teacher telling people not to do what deandre jordan did during free agency or what carlos boozer did when he left the cavs for the jazz- that was wrong....... but durant stuck with his decision and he didnt do anything against any rules

CityofTreez
08-19-2017, 09:51 AM
Haha our teachers in this country....

dAngelo
08-19-2017, 10:36 AM
LOl its unfair because she thinks its wrong for kd to seek a better opportunity to win championships, but when players like mike miller, david west, or paul pierce do it- she doesnt mention them.

so if your a great software engineer when you grow up and you start out working at a small start up company that likely will go under within the next 4 or 5 years- dont take the job offer at google because its good character to finish what you started

Software engineer =/= Basketball player

Two entirely different fields.

Small start up company that will go under in 4-5 years =/= OKC Thunder

Remember, they were up 3-1 against the best regular season team of all time.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 10:50 AM

average student in the class =/= Kevin Durant or Michael Jordan

The lesson would have to apply to scenarios that the students might actually find themselves in

but to the point about okc not being a start up company- maybe not but he watched the owners let harden walk away for nothing to save a dime on luxury tax, and russel westbrook had not yet committed to staying with the team past summer of 2017.

so in terms of making a solid choice to spend the prime of kd's career..... golden state vs okc was pretty much google vs a start up company.... okc just had too many huge question marks moving forward

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 11:22 AM
Hahaha this is hilarious and definitely true. Don't be a vagina like KD!

Jamiecballer
08-19-2017, 12:16 PM
I'd be shocked if the teacher isn't unemployed at this point or will be in the near future

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 12:57 PM
I'd be shocked if the teacher isn't unemployed at this point or will be in the near future

That would be dumb as **** honestly. If that teacher gets fired the school only did it for attention.

tp13baby
08-19-2017, 01:25 PM

Stop. He took the easy way out plain and simple.

daleja424
08-19-2017, 01:29 PM
If you actually read the assignment by using the provided link there is no way this teacher should be reprimanded. In fact, the teacher should be applauded for trying to make the syllabus relevant and interesting to his students. It wasn't inappropriate. Heck it wasn't even rude.

Please keep in mind that I say all of this after initially reading the posts in here and not clicking the link and thinking this was going to be really bad and firable. I was prepared fully to support KD's right to choose and to speak against the biased teacher.... but it just isn't there.

This is clever and exactly the kinds of strategies teachers should be using to engage students. BRAVO!

mngopher35
08-19-2017, 01:34 PM
hahaha that's hilarious

daleja424

The message wasn't about not seeking opportunities though. The teacher was not trying to draw a direct parallel, but rather compare one attribute of the situation. The message is very clear. This isn't even anti-KD. It's using a pop culture reference to tell kids that there is a right way and wrong way to do things, and sometimes what feels easiest isn't the right path.

Vinylman
the sensitivity of some dubs fans is mind boggling...

it is ok that KD is a verified Pussycat... the poor relativist arguments notwithstanding

Dude is simply a guy who took the easy way out... He will be panned for it the rest of his career and it will impact his all time standing in the league... he should have known that going in.

tp13baby
08-19-2017, 01:37 PM
average student in the class =/= Kevin Durant or Michael Jordan

The lesson would have to apply to scenarios that the students might actually find themselves in

but to the point about okc not being a start up company- maybe not but he watched the owners let harden walk away for nothing to save a dime on luxury tax, and russel westbrook had not yet committed to staying with the team past summer of 2017.

so in terms of making a solid choice to spend the prime of kd's career..... golden state vs okc was pretty much google vs a start up company.... okc just had too many huge question marks moving forward

To save a dime? The luxury tax before the new tv deal was crippling to small market teams. Basically you had to choose saving your front court in Adams/Ibaka for a 3rd option off the bench who at the time had serious concerns coming to defense. Offensively Harden was good, but without him OKC was a number 2 defense, and letting Ibaka walk would of ruined that team. Harden got the chance to develop but at the time the pieces OKC got was a great package, it just didn't work out.

Google vs a start up company? What are you even talking about? The start up company had google 3-1 and if it wasn't for Klay going unconscious and Westy/Durant not closing the deal we probably aren't seeing GS with KD. I don't know why GS fans even argue it. Its delusional.

Jamiecballer
08-19-2017, 01:37 PM
That would be dumb as **** honestly. If that teacher gets fired the school only did it for attention.No, you've got that backwards. It would be because it will only draw them negative attention. If they want attention all they need to do is ... nothing. Social media will do the rest.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 01:54 PM
To save a dime? The luxury tax before the new tv deal was crippling to small market teams. Basically you had to choose saving your front court in Adams/Ibaka for a 3rd option off the bench who at the time had serious concerns coming to defense. Offensively Harden was good, but without him OKC was a number 2 defense, and letting Ibaka walk would of ruined that team. Harden got the chance to develop but at the time the pieces OKC got was a great package, it just didn't work out.

Google vs a start up company? What are you even talking about? The start up company had google 3-1 and if it wasn't for Klay going unconscious and Westy/Durant not closing the deal we probably aren't seeing GS with KD. I don't know why GS fans even argue it. Its delusional.

when you have 3 potential mvp level players 23 yrs old or younger, you do whatever it takes to keep them together- and that includes paying luxury tax. From Kd's point of view- he thought the warriors were more all in on winning- rather than prioritizing saving money over wins.

The company comparism was more of the outlook of both teams over the next 5 yrs. KD didn't know if okc would feel the urge to save money and cut back on talent again, kd didn't know if westbrook was gonna stay or gonna leave- he really gave no assurance he would stay at the time Durant left.

On the other hand- warriors appeared to be all on the same page. warriors management appeared to be always working to get better. (Heck- they won 73 games and were aggressively chasing the best free agent on the market). OKC got to the finals with 3 future superstars, and the first thing they do when they lose is unload one of the guys- lol while he sees the warriors trying to get better every chance they get

DaBear
08-19-2017, 01:57 PM
I love it. KD is a flake.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 02:00 PM
I love it. KD is a flake.

yep, he probably did more for the city of OKC than any athlete ever has and ever will on and off the court- but why not hate on him and tell students not to be like him

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 02:37 PM
Stylez, I love how you compare Durant to Mike Miller, David West and a broken down old Paul Pierce. Just keep on proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

"Don't be like likemystylez. Actually have a clue as to what you're talking about." Boom, another question.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-19-2017, 02:56 PM
Love it :)

CityofTreez
08-19-2017, 02:58 PM

Haha where you from?

This teacher is just teaching his/her agenda and will get merit for this statement.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-19-2017, 03:04 PM
For all the cupcake apologists, the handout was glorifying MJ more than anything :)

GoferKing_
08-19-2017, 03:21 PM
I agree with the teacher.

Scoots
08-19-2017, 03:22 PM
KD should shut up about it.

Teacher was out of line. Not because of KD, but in general I don't think kids need to be told to compare themselves to sports stars by teachers, and it's not like MJ doesn't have some pretty significant flaws too.

But seriously KD? Fired? No. Put in jail? WTF are you thinking?!?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2017, 03:44 PM
https://www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/lookit/2017/8/18/16166684/kevin-durant-michael-jordan-handout-school-teacher-nba-thunder-warriors

Thoughts? I saw a Durant tweet that said the teacher should be fired and thrown in jail but now I can't see it.

Aren't you a teacher?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-19-2017, 03:46 PM
Lol at some of these comments.

The teacher was obviously being a bit of a dick but some of you guys are honestly pretty dumb.

Jamiecballer
08-19-2017, 03:52 PM
Haha where you from?

This teacher is just teaching his/her agenda and will get merit for this statement.Maybe from some. I'm not saying this teacher did wrong, only that it won't serve the school in any positive way that's it. In a lot of professions that's all it takes to lose their job.

The teacher for what it's worth,, was obviously trying to impart a positive message regardless of how misguided they were here.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Stylez, I love how you compare Durant to Mike Miller, David West and a broken down old Paul Pierce. Just keep on proving that you have no idea what you're talking about.

"Don't be like likemystylez. Actually have a clue as to what you're talking about." Boom, another question.

yeah the teacher didn't list certain people where its ok to do it and certain people where its not ok. they were talking to a class of students telling them not to be like kd- so im assuming theyd would be against any player or any worker in any line of work doing what Durant did......

5ass
08-19-2017, 05:08 PM
lol Durant thinks she should be jailed because she hurt his feelings

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2017, 06:24 PM
It's actually not even bad when you read the assignment. It's a little backlash from the city he left and a way too catch the kids attention and try to make things more fun, nothing crazy...Durant sounds pretty dumb and petty wanting the teacher fired and in jail haha my god. I'd imagine when he saw this he must of looked just like he did when Peyton Manning roasted him at the espys lol.

I don't even get why he's so mad and defensive about everything, he took the easy way out straight up there's no denying that. When he made that decision he had to know that, and that it wouldn't be popular. He made it for his reasons so he's gotta embrace and own it, not make himself look like even more of a ***** by taking everything so personally and firing back at people immaturely. Maybe he thought once he got that title he'd be a hero and all would be forgotten idk lmao.

KnickNyKnick
08-19-2017, 07:11 PM

yup that was the lesson. Dont run away from a challenge. and he did. thats all.

aman_13
08-19-2017, 07:22 PM

I highly doubt that teacher gets fired.

warehouseisbare
08-19-2017, 07:24 PM
LOL at the people who think the teacher should be reprimanded or even fired! There is NO WAY a teacher would get fired for that. Are you kidding me? Using current cultural news to instruct students. I would applaud this teacher for thinking about how to engage students and make this lesson extremely memorable and applicable to students.

KB24PG16
08-19-2017, 07:27 PM
Durant's response was along lines that the teacher who made it should be fired and thrown in jail.

He really is a mental midget

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 07:46 PM
yup that was the lesson. Dont run away from a challenge. and he did. thats all.

so since the kids will never be in kds exact situation- will they interpret it as- if you get an opportunity to advance your career and work for a stronger company- you should immediately turn down the offer because that would be running away from the challenge of making your company a better company?

Btw tons of other athletes have been ring chasers. they might not be kds talent level or int he prime age of their careers but its been done by other players. LOL let me guess- the teacher is gonna say its ok for some of you students to be quitters and take the easy way out but its definitely not ok for the ones that work hard to be the best in their fields?

MJNetsIsles
08-19-2017, 07:52 PM
Durant is a disgrace. I lost respect for him after recent comments about not attending the White House because of Donald Trump.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 07:56 PM
Durant is a disgrace. I lost respect for him after recent comments about not attending the White House because of Donald Trump.

being a republican myself- i have gotten use to it being trendy for people who get their political news from mtv and guys like stephen a smith to hate on trump and the republican party. I just assume most democrats really dont know any better- and try not to hold it against them for being ignorant.

unfortunately the vast majority of the league would back kds decision, do its hard to single him out for saying it

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 08:06 PM
yeah the teacher didn't list certain people where its ok to do it and certain people where its not ok. they were talking to a class of students telling them not to be like kd- so im assuming theyd would be against any player or any worker in any line of work doing what Durant did......

You still don't know the difference, do you? Maybe you should take that teacher's class.

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 08:09 PM
being a republican myself-

Ohhh, that explains things. You really don't have any idea about most things.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 08:11 PM
You still don't know the difference, do you? Maybe you should take that teacher's class.

i get it, its ok for some players to do it, and its not ok for other players to do it- and you and stephen a smith get to sit back and decide who its ok for and who it isnt.... based on the little list of bs rules.

either be consistent with everybody in every line of work or shut your pie hole until you do something to prove that you are the all mighty one who decides what rules are changed for which people. seriously who do you think you are??

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 08:14 PM
Ohhh, that explains things. You really don't have any idea about most things.

explains that I am for treating everyone equally and not making different rules for different people or groups of people like you

warehouseisbare
08-19-2017, 08:30 PM
explains that I am for treating everyone equally and not making different rules for different people or groups of people like you

Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiggghhhtt....just like your president treats everyone as equals and always has? You know...the representative of your party. Don't tout your party so boldy..especially with statements like that. You just make yourself look foolish man...honest advice but I know you'll just take offense to it. Nothing wrong with having loyalty, but blind loyalty?

5ass
08-19-2017, 08:33 PM
being a republican myself- i have gotten use to it being trendy for people who get their political news from mtv and guys like stephen a smith to hate on trump and the republican party. I just assume most democrats really dont know any better- and try not to hold it against them for being ignorant.

unfortunately the vast majority of the league would back kds decision, do its hard to single him out for saying it
Lol thats cute.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 08:42 PM
Rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiggghhhtt....just like your president treats everyone as equals and always has? You know...the representative of your party. Don't tout your party so boldy..especially with statements like that. You just make yourself look foolish man...honest advice but I know you'll just take offense to it. Nothing wrong with having loyalty, but blind loyalty?

what group of people is my president clearly not treating equal? Please dont tell me illegal immigrants

Vinylman
08-19-2017, 08:55 PM

Lmfao

Some dubs fans are beyond help

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 09:03 PM
i get it, its ok for some players to do it, and its not ok for other players to do it- and you and stephen a smith get to sit back and decide who its ok for and who it isnt.... based on the little list of bs rules.

either be consistent with everybody in every line of work or shut your pie hole until you do something to prove that you are the all mighty one who decides what rules are changed for which people. seriously who do you think you are??

Old *** David West or Broken Ankle Paul Pierce are not equal to Kevin Durant in his prime. Get a grip.

Give me a break. As clueless as ever, Stylez. Not surprising to any of us in the least.

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 09:04 PM

Are you ****ing kidding? You gotta be trolling, right?

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Old *** David West or Broken Ankle Paul Pierce are not equal to Kevin Durant in his prime. Get a grip.

Give me a break. As clueless as ever, Stylez. Not surprising to any of us in the least.

I never said they were equal, I dont believe them to be equal.

but they made the same decisions for the same reasons and I treat everyone equally and dont hold different players to different sets of rules.

Jamiecballer
08-19-2017, 09:31 PM
I highly doubt that teacher gets fired.Yeah, I've already changed my mind here. I don't think it's a good look for the school, it's very junior high, but whatever. People love to think they know what it's like in other people's shoes for better or worse...

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 09:40 PM
I never said they were equal, I dont believe them to be equal.

but they made the same decisions for the same reasons and I treat everyone equally and dont hold different players to different sets of rules.

You see that they're not equal but you want to treat them like they are equal. You truly are a republican.

Chronz
08-19-2017, 09:54 PM

You have no semblance of contextual understanding. Might as well teach kids to not compete in sports because its easier to just join the best team.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:54 PM
You see that they're not equal but you want to treat them like they are equal. You truly are a republican.

I dont think the fact that KD is better than those players should limit his options as a FREE AGENT. AS LONG AS A PLAYER ISNT MANIPULATING THE PROCESS LIKE D JORDAN- then im ok with it. its his decision. I dont see why people are so mad at kd for doing what he did, but when de andre jordan screwed over the mavs a few yrs ago- everyone was saying- well he didnt sign so he can do what he wants.

while i understand both kd and de andre jordan made decisions they had every right to make- if you want to attack someones character over their decision, then de andre is far worse AND NOBODY SAYS A WORD ABOUT IT

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 09:57 PM
You have no semblance of contextual understanding. Might as well teach kids to not compete in sports because its easier to just join the best team.

lmao, and kd started that trend? why do the top 20-25 colleges in the country get like 95% of the best highschool recruits for the last 50 years

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 10:00 PM
I dont think the fact that KD is better than those players should limit his options as a FREE AGENT. AS LONG AS A PLAYER ISNT MANIPULATING THE PROCESS LIKE D JORDAN- then im ok with it. its his decision. I dont see why people are so mad at kd for doing what he did, but when de andre jordan screwed over the mavs a few yrs ago- everyone was saying- well he didnt sign so he can do what he wants.

while i understand both kd and de andre jordan made decisions they had every right to make- if you want to attack someones character over their decision, then de andre is far worse AND NOBODY SAYS A WORD ABOUT IT

DAJ is a punk ***** too for that. But not as much as a in-his-prime MVP that joined a record breaking championship team in it's prime that doesn't need him to win.

You're too obtuse on everything to interact with. Spend less time typing garbage and more time trying to find a clue.

Saddletramp
08-19-2017, 10:01 PM
lmao, and kd started that trend? why do the top 20-25 colleges in the country get like 95% of the best highschool recruits for the last 50 years

Hahaha, 20-25 isn't 1. Surely even you can see that.

Goddamn, this is stupid.

Chronz
08-19-2017, 10:11 PM
LMFAO, did the ***** actually whine publicly? LOL I dont even know why Im surprised by what she does anymore. Truly *****made.

The message wasn't about not seeking opportunities though. The teacher was not trying to draw a direct parallel, but rather compare one attribute of the situation. The message is very clear. This isn't even anti-KD. It's using a pop culture reference to tell kids that there is a right way and wrong way to do things, and sometimes what feels easiest isn't the right path.

I miss you

I'd be shocked if he wasn't given tenure after such an important message. Yall just dont get how much of a ***** KD is.

lol Durant thinks she should be jailed because she hurt her feelings

Fixed

Maybe he thought once he got that title he'd be a hero and all would be forgotten idk lmao.

There is no doubt she did. I kept telling people this is SOOOO beyond what ANYONE has ever done that it will be a part of his legacy forever. FO EVAH!!!

He really is a mental midget
To levels even I didn't anticipate.

**** yeah he did. Name the last time a free agent on his class joined the best team..... hint, it has NEVER happened.

And look at the Collegiate field of competition compared to the NBA, you really struggle putting things into perspective dont you.

The alternative was Hillary for **** sake. Why do you guys even still have faith in politics?

Chronz
08-19-2017, 10:12 PM

Goddamn, this is stupid.

lol, Im glad you caught that too. LMFAO, how does he not get it? Oh yeah, blind faith

HandsOnTheWheel
08-19-2017, 10:33 PM
Seeing people suggesting that a teacher can get fired over this might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on here.

likemystylez
08-19-2017, 10:56 PM

Goddamn, this is stupid.

yeah but its 20-25 colleges over a 50 year period- im not talking about one recruit going to the best college one year....

and yes 20-25 schools in division 1 which has almost 350 schools is not exactly well distributed

ewing
08-19-2017, 10:58 PM
Are people really debating about this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
08-19-2017, 11:30 PM
what group of people is my president clearly not treating equal? Please dont tell me illegal immigrants

:facepalm:

Scoots
08-20-2017, 12:08 AM
Seeing people suggesting that a teacher can get fired over this might just be the dumbest thing I've ever seen on here.

Can? Oh, yeah they can. But should they? No.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 12:09 AM
Are people really debating about this?

I don't know if they are ... it seems to have moved on to other subjects fairly quickly.

tredigs
08-20-2017, 01:47 AM
Interesting that KD's jersey sales jumped from #8 to #3 when he made the move to Golden State (following only Curry and Bron now). And he has not exactly been quiet about the fact that he's having the most fun playing ball since he's been in the game. He's also now a champion and Finals MVP. I'm fairly certain he could care less about an Oklahoman middle school teacher or the loud minority of bball fanatics who lack a semblance of context or how life actually works. He's living the dream, and climbing the All Time charts while helping to lead the best team of our time. He's winning, there's really no debate there.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Can? Oh, yeah they can. But should they? No.

"They" can huh? On what grounds?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2017, 02:40 AM
Yeah, I've already changed my mind here. I don't think it's a good look for the school, it's very junior high, but whatever. People love to think they know what it's like in other people's shoes for better or worse...

You do not need to be in other people's shoes. You just need to be able to witness their actions and words to come to a clear conclusion Durant took the easier way out when he had all that he needed to win a title.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2017, 02:52 AM
Interesting that KD's jersey sales jumped from #8 to #3 when he made the move to Golden State (following only Curry and Bron now). And he has not exactly been quiet about the fact that he's having the most fun playing ball since he's been in the game. He's also now a champion and Finals MVP. I'm fairly certain he could care less about an Oklahoman middle school teacher or the loud minority of bball fanatics who lack a semblance of context or how life actually works. He's living the dream, and climbing the All Time charts while helping to lead the best team of our time. He's winning, there's really no debate there.

If he does not care, then let the Oklahoman teacher do what they want and KD should stop tweeting and chasing people down on twitter and enjoy that life.

Saddletramp
08-20-2017, 02:57 AM
yeah but its 20-25 colleges over a 50 year period- im not talking about one recruit going to the best college one year....

and yes 20-25 schools in division 1 which has almost 350 schools is not exactly well distributed

Still a very dumb equivalent. Guys coming out of high school don't always work out. A former MVP already has worked out and belongs on the upper tier. No reason to join the 73 win championship (different years) other than not having a competitive bone in his body. I bet Draymond's put a competitive bone in KD's body.

Saddletramp
08-20-2017, 03:00 AM
If he does not care, then let the Oklahoman teacher do what they want and KD should stop tweeting and chasing people down on twitter and enjoy that life.

Was going to say basically the same thing. He cares what others think mainly because he himself knows that he's a ***** and he's trying to convince himself that he's not just as much as he's trying to convince others. If he really was at peace with himself, he'd brush it all off and ignore it.

goingfor28
08-20-2017, 03:21 AM
Best. Teacher. Ever.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SportsFanatic10
08-20-2017, 04:28 AM
I can picture this on Game of Zones this year...

KD walking through the streets the king celebrating with his trophy, but then this peasant teacher and kids break to the front of the crowd and start throwing rotten fruit and vegetables at him and chant "shame...shame...shame...shame...". Then KD order's his Kings Guard to "Seize him, throw them in the Dungeons". Draymond Green then walks up and kicks the peasant teacher in the balls, then Klay and Curry each grab an arm and drag him away never to be seen again.

ewing
08-20-2017, 07:25 AM

that's very interesting :(

Scoots
08-20-2017, 09:52 AM
"They" can huh? On what grounds?

If the administration is determined to get rid of someone they can find a way to get the teacher out of the school.

PhillySportFan
08-20-2017, 09:53 AM
The reason this topic constantly comes up is because we're so divided on it. I honestly think it says something past sports about those of you who believe he made the right decision. It really puts in to question do you have any pride, do you have any guts, or the second you're faced with a tough situation would you simply bend over and take it in the *** for an easy way out.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 09:53 AM

This exactly.

warfelg
08-20-2017, 10:00 AM
I think it's fair and hilarious. In fact I would bet almost all the students would understand that far better than some speech from the teacher.

mavwar53
08-20-2017, 10:12 AM
Basically it reads as do what is expected of you, don't do what you want.

What a way to live life and terrible thing to teach kids.

Scoots
08-20-2017, 10:43 AM
Basically it reads as do what is expected of you, don't do what you want.

What a way to live life and terrible thing to teach kids.

I wish KD would just shut up about it though ... if he doesn't tweet this dies fast and quiet.

I don't care when/where/why free agents move so I don't get all the ire from non-OKC fans.

That said, this is what I do think (besides KD should shut up):
1. Players are not responsible for maintaining parity in any way shape or form, so blaming a player for it's lack is silly.
2. If I worked for 8 years for a bad company and left for a good one my family and friends would be happy for me and ask me what took me so long to leave.
3. The happiness of ones self and of ones loved ones should be a primary purpose in life, if there is but one company that works the way I want to work and does it at a high level and can pay me the salary I want and is offering me a job and is in a climate and a social and racially accepting environment ... why would I say no? Because people not in my life will get annoyed? Because competing companies will struggle to compete for a year or 2?

So, from day 1 ... I don't understand why people are upset about an entertainer moving to a different troupe, and it's none of our business telling another person how they are allowed to live their lives within the law.

And he needs to shut up.

Chronz
08-20-2017, 10:52 AM

He got a new jersey and still didn't top them? I'm fairly certain all the talk and jokes at his expense do bug him, his thin skin is why he's lashing out at both the public and the media over the years, now its just more evident.

Climbing up the at ranks, Lol, that would've happened regardless if anything he's capped how much glory he could attain on that sort of roster.

How life actually works lmfao, sorry brother but in real life we all get to choose who we respect and I already know of players and people who wouldn't stoop to kds level, here's hoping the teacher just helped raise a few more brave souls.

Chronz
08-20-2017, 10:56 AM
The reason this topic constantly comes up is because we're so divided on it. I honestly think it says something past sports about those of you who believe he made the right decision. It really puts in to question do you have any pride, do you have any guts, or the second you're faced with a tough situation would you simply bend over and take it in the *** for an easy way out.

Lol can you believe kD had the gaul to say he's never been on a contender. Really shows what kind of man he is. It took a historic cast for him to finally feel he's on a contender, making his the only real contender imo.

Chronz
08-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Was going to say basically the same thing. He cares what others think mainly because he himself knows that he's a ***** and he's trying to convince himself that he's not just as much as he's trying to convince others. If he really was at peace with himself, he'd brush it all off and ignore it.

Part of me thinks he was hoping all would be forgiven after the chip.

His Nike commercial was pulled after a single day it was received so poorly I think. Why did he want things that easy is what I'll never understand. At least take your max and let the role players leave but dude wants his endless supply of layups

Jamiecballer
08-20-2017, 01:46 PM
I don't know if they are ... it seems to have moved on to other subjects fairly quickly.We've all been there before... check into a thread that is already a couple pages old, start from the beginning and reply as you come across things. Lord knows I have.

Jamiecballer
08-20-2017, 02:05 PM
You do not need to be in other people's shoes. You just need to be able to witness their actions and words to come to a clear conclusion Durant took the easier way out when he had all that he needed to win a title.The fact that you can't imagine that that is simply your perspective is sad. It boggles my mind.

Completely fabricated example but what if Durant had become so frustrated with Westbrook as a teammate that he decided 3 years ago that he was gone. Imagine also that he had a close personal in Stephen Curry and he and his wife (literally have no clue if he's even married) spend a week up at the cottage 3 times a year with the Curry's, have since 2012. Side note - you should see how the kids play together, it's so cute. Little Curry does this thing while she's roasting a marshmellow, little Durant laughs so hard milk comes out his nose!

Fast forward to 2015. The Warriors are much much better than they were back when he decided "I'm out", and the opportunity to play with his buddy falls right in his lap.

The point is pretty simple - speculating is fun but it's speculating.

Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to say this doesn't look like a competitive move on his part, sure, I can get that. But your previous statement goes so far beyond that, to the point where you honestly suggest that there is nothing more required to "know" what his reasoning was. It's as arrogant as it is wrong.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-20-2017, 02:22 PM
If the administration is determined to get rid of someone they can find a way to get the teacher out of the school.

Over what though? You think KD is this all-important individual in society who can't be talked down on? He's a basketball player who ran away from all his issues to team up with the team who beat him. He's a POS in society and wouldn't be anything if he didn't play BB. Many people could give a two ***** about KD or basketball, don't see why a school administration would see this situation any differently. You're honestly giving someone a ton of power/importance who really isn't that important by any means.

Jamiecballer
08-20-2017, 02:31 PM
Over what though? You think KD is this all-important individual in society who can't be talked down on? He's a basketball player who ran away from all his issues to team up with the team who beat him. He's a POS in society and wouldn't be anything if he didn't play BB. Many people could give a two ***** about KD or basketball, don't see why a school administration would see this situation any differently. You're honestly giving someone a ton of power/importance who really isn't that important by any means.He didn't say that though. He just stated that if administration was determined to get rid of someone they could?

D Blue987
08-20-2017, 03:29 PM

Entirely agree with this. He is getting blow back for making the decision that he did and judging by the reactions he has had to shots at his public image (espys with Peyton Manning, this teacher, etc.) as a result, id say he isn't liking it too much. He got his ring though and he figures to get another one next year until someone can defeat the Warriors which I doubt anyone will at least next season. He just has to accept that people aren't going to praise him for his departure and he has to move on.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2017, 03:31 PM
The fact that you can't imagine that that is simply your perspective is sad. It boggles my mind.

Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to say this doesn't look like a competitive move on his part, sure, I can get that. But your previous statement goes so far beyond that, to the point where you honestly suggest that there is nothing more required to "know" what his reasoning was. It's as arrogant as it is wrong.

Maybe if he didn't contradict himself so much in the past few years that it would be believable or worth listening to. Too bad he did.

I'm obviously stretching with the last comment but his words and actions didn't (and still haven't) exactly help his cause to paint a brighter picture.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-20-2017, 03:32 PM
He didn't say that though. He just stated that if administration was determined to get rid of someone they could?

Relating to the topic presumably.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2017, 03:34 PM

His Nike commercial was pulled after a single day it was received so poorly I think. Why did he want things that easy is what I'll never understand. At least take your max and let the role players leave but dude wants his endless supply of layups

Of course he does. I'm sure he didn't want his decision to be received so poorly. But instead he's feeding the fire and it does not look like at all he will stop. So why would anybody change their opinion on him in that case?

ewing
08-20-2017, 06:24 PM
He got a new jersey and still didn't top them? I'm fairly certain all the talk and jokes at his expense do bug him, his thin skin is why he's lashing out at both the public and the media over the years, now its just more evident.

Climbing up the at ranks, Lol, that would've happened regardless if anything he's capped how much glory he could attain on that sort of roster.

How life actually works lmfao, sorry brother but in real life we all get to choose who we respect and I already know of players and people who wouldn't stoop to kds level, here's hoping the teacher just helped raise a few more brave souls.

Bravo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scoots
08-20-2017, 07:17 PM
Over what though? You think KD is this all-important individual in society who can't be talked down on? He's a basketball player who ran away from all his issues to team up with the team who beat him. He's a POS in society and wouldn't be anything if he didn't play BB. Many people could give a two ***** about KD or basketball, don't see why a school administration would see this situation any differently. You're honestly giving someone a ton of power/importance who really isn't that important by any means.

WTF? Did you read what I wrote in this thread?

Scoots
08-20-2017, 07:20 PM
We've all been there before... check into a thread that is already a couple pages old, start from the beginning and reply as you come across things. Lord knows I have.

Yeah, I wasn't placing blame at all.

I do that all the time. In fact I'm doing it right now :)

Scoots
08-20-2017, 07:23 PM
Relating to the topic presumably.

My first post in this thread:

KD should shut up about it.

Teacher was out of line. Not because of KD, but in general I don't think kids need to be told to compare themselves to sports stars by teachers, and it's not like MJ doesn't have some pretty significant flaws too.

But seriously KD? Fired? No. Put in jail? WTF are you thinking?!?

So, yeah, I was in no way supporting KD nor saying the teacher should be fired. I was merely pointing out that teachers can and do get fired for stupid stuff.

likemystylez
08-20-2017, 09:39 PM

LOL- yeah hes the only player who wants to be in the best possible position to win championships. OMG- are the KD haters seriously ripping on him for putting the team first and not taking the max he could. Thats like the ideal superstar every team wants to be dealing with in contract negotiations

likemystylez
08-20-2017, 09:47 PM
Over what though? You think KD is this all-important individual in society who can't be talked down on? He's a basketball player who ran away from all his issues to team up with the team who beat him. He's a POS in society

The guy has probably done more for the city of OKC then any athlete ever has or ever will do. He donated over a million dollars to hurricane relief organizations. him and his mom opened his restaurant every year on thanksgiving and xmas to feed the poor. He has refurbished basketball courts at low income schools.... and even after he left okc and has heard all the hate towards him (including the mayor of the city openly wishing that KD isnt successful for the rest of his career)- He still has only said good things about the city and the organization.

Calling him a POS in society based on 1 decision that he made for himself when he was a free agent is a bit harsh. I am hoping you just werent aware of everything he has done.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-21-2017, 12:19 AM
My first post in this thread:

So, yeah, I was in no way supporting KD nor saying the teacher should be fired. I was merely pointing out that teachers can and do get fired for stupid stuff.

Lol my bad. :)

HandsOnTheWheel
08-21-2017, 12:30 AM
The guy has probably done more for the city of OKC then any athlete ever has or ever will do. He donated over a million dollars to hurricane relief organizations. him and his mom opened his restaurant every year on thanksgiving and xmas to feed the poor. He has refurbished basketball courts at low income schools.... and even after he left okc and has heard all the hate towards him (including the mayor of the city openly wishing that KD isnt successful for the rest of his career)- He still has only said good things about the city and the organization.

Calling him a POS in society based on 1 decision that he made for himself when he was a free agent is a bit harsh. I am hoping you just werent aware of everything he has done.

It's not so much from that standpoint. Great he makes a lot of money and uses it for good causes but as a person, he's got a lack of self respect for himself to stoop so low. Props to the teacher for her take. I may have been harsh and not to sound redundant, but I don't have much respect for someone who does what he did.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 01:26 AM
Watch that KD commercial after KD won his ring.. it's incredibly cringy. The guy feels he has to validate his ring because the majority don't see it as a valid one. How sad is it that he runs to a team thinking that by winning, it changes everything.. only for him to be defending himself on Twitter against people with less than 50 followers. I think in GoT, there was a scene.. Basically:

"A king who says I am the King is no true king."

Sam thing with KD.. dude honestly thinks his championship was won through hardship. The championship was won when KD signed that contract. I've noticed not many people are mentioning the Warriors championship that much compared to previous seasons. The answer is because people are sick of Durant acting like he's overcoming any odds. It's why even though people hate LeBron, they applauded him and his team for beating the Warriors. This season, I had to convince myself that the Cavs had a chance just to make it interesting.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 02:30 AM
LOL- yeah hes the only player who wants to be in the best possible position to win championships. OMG- are the KD haters seriously ripping on him for putting the team first and not taking the max he could. Thats like the ideal superstar every team wants to be dealing with in contract negotiations

Durant only took less money to make it easier on him. That's what he does. He didn't do it to help anyone but him.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 02:36 AM
Watch that KD commercial after KD won his ring.. it's incredibly cringy. The guy feels he has to validate his ring because the majority don't see it as a valid one. How sad is it that he runs to a team thinking that by winning, it changes everything.. only for him to be defending himself on Twitter against people with less than 50 followers. I think in GoT, there was a scene.. Basically:

"A king who says I am the King is no true king."

Sam thing with KD.. dude honestly thinks his championship was won through hardship. The championship was won when KD signed that contract. I've noticed not many people are mentioning the Warriors championship that much compared to previous seasons. The answer is because people are sick of Durant acting like he's overcoming any odds. It's why even though people hate LeBron, they applauded him and his team for beating the Warriors. This season, I had to convince myself that the Cavs had a chance just to make it interesting.

Yeah, it's funny, Durant didn't win a title in June, he won it when the Players Association allowed a $23 million spike in the year he was a free agent and the Warriors could get under the cap.

Still no idea why they allowed the cap spike in just one year.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 02:50 AM
I hadn't seen the Durant commercial so I looked it up. That can't be an official Nike commercial that KD approved of, can it? They just RIP on him the whole commercial for true stuff including that he took the easy way to a title. Then when he wins the title (and FMVP), everyone's speechless. They're speechless because they already said he took the easy way and then ¡viola!, he wins with the easy way.

He signed off in that? What an idiot.

ciaban
08-21-2017, 05:25 AM

And they had like a 20 point lead in the late 3rd early 4th quarter in game 6 I think it was.

warfelg
08-21-2017, 06:55 AM
Yeah, it's funny, Durant didn't win a title in June, he won it when the Players Association allowed a $23 million spike in the year he was a free agent and the Warriors could get under the cap.

Still no idea why they allowed the cap spike in just one year.

Do you want the real reason of the reason given to us?

Given:
Owners are greedy and with cap smoothing they would "steal" money from the players.

Real reason:
Same as the age limit on the max. Top players of the NBPA (CP3, LeBron, Melo, etc) are older and were leveraging the system to get one last huge payday before they weren't worth it.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 08:21 AM
It's not so much from that standpoint. Great he makes a lot of money and uses it for good causes but as a person, he's got a lack of self respect for himself to stoop so low. Props to the teacher for her take. I may have been harsh and not to sound redundant, but I don't have much respect for someone who does what he did.

people do it all the time in the real world. They leave small companies and go to powerhouses like Google and Apple to work. it isnt a big deal, jeesh you act like he forced his way out. He was always a professional with OKC. a player should not be limited on which teams he goes to based on what other people want him to do

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 08:31 AM
Durant only took less money to make it easier on him. That's what he does. He didn't do it to help anyone but him.

he took less money for the same reason guys like dirk and duncan took less money. He wanted to keep a good team intact.

A few years before he retired.....If kobe came out and said "I want to take as much money as I possibly can, because I want to challenge myself and I dont want to take the easy way out" Most people would say he is arrogant and self centered. People wouldnt respect him more because of that reason.

BoSox47
08-21-2017, 09:12 AM

Advance his career to seek better opportunities? He was making same $$ no matter where he went. His team was up 3-1 against the warriors and lost. Then he quit his team and joined the competition. To a child thats equivalent to cheating on a test and using someone elses answers because you cant find your own.

KD has #1 ***** move in history of the NBA followed by Lebron going to Miami as #2.

ewing
08-21-2017, 09:14 AM
Did Ed go work for Mondo Burger?

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 09:30 AM

yeah but much of the young generation doesn't understand that. They truly believe everyone should respect everyone equally. That just isn't how life works. Respect is earned, every day of your life. You can gain it, lose it, etc.

Durant may not have expected the backlash he has gotten, but he basically needs to stfu, move on, and accept the fact that most people think he is a buttercup now. Enjoy your rings and millions of dollars dude, and hold that chin up high, you will survive Kev

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 09:48 AM
[QUOTE]Advance his career to seek better opportunities? He was making same $$ no matter where he went.

You can advance your career in different ways than making more money. (I have a feeling im explaining this to a 10 yr old) Golden States future had less question marks than OKC, and the warriors front office has shown they are always trying to get better. (OKC let harden walk immediately after they lost in the finals in 2012, warriors lose in the finals and their owners arent trying to save money- they are trying to get better!!!). There was also the issue that KD had no guarantees that westbrook was going to stay in OKC at the time of his decision. what if he stayed in OKC, westbrook left- and the warriors aggressive front office found another way to get significantly better for the rest of durants prime?

His team was up 3-1 against the warriors and lost. Then he quit his team and joined the competition. To a child thats equivalent to cheating on a test and using someone elses answers because you cant find your own.

No it isnt. it would be a great pro bike racer upgrading his bike to the best one after losing a close race. Could he win with his other bike- sure, but when asked which bike he wants his sponsors to get for him- he chose the best one out there.

KD has #1 ***** move in history of the NBA followed by Lebron going to Miami as #2.

Owners have literally made hundreds of ***** moves when negotiating with players and agents. But as far as players go, here are a few worse moves in the last decade or so.

Stephen jackson going behind the back of the warriors gm to negotiate a contract extension (having 2 yrs left on his deal) with Robert rowell. Less than 9 months after getting the contract extension- he demanded a trade.

Carlos boozer promising the cavs that he would stay with them and resign, then when cavs were out looking to make other moves- boozer went and signed with the jazz.

De Andre Jordan telling dallas that he would sign at the end of the Moratorium period in 2015. Dallas stops using the period to talk to free agents assuming they were spending their money on Jordan, then Jordan screws them over and goes to the clippers.

These things are far more indicative of poor character than anything KD did. He didnt lie to anybody, he didnt deceive anybody. He made a decision for him during his free agency.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 09:55 AM
[QUOTE=BoSox47;31813101]

You can advance your career in different ways than making more money. (I have a feeling im explaining this to a 10 yr old) Golden States future had less question marks than OKC, and the warriors front office has shown they are always trying to get better. (OKC let harden walk immediately after they lost in the finals in 2012, warriors lose in the finals and their owners arent trying to save money- they are trying to get better!!!). There was also the issue that KD had no guarantees that westbrook was going to stay in OKC at the time of his decision. what if he stayed in OKC, westbrook left- and the warriors aggressive front office found another way to get significantly better for the rest of durants prime?

No it isnt. it would be a great pro bike racer upgrading his bike to the best one after losing a close race. Could he win with his other bike- sure, but when asked which bike he wants his sponsors to get for him- he chose the best one out there.

Owners have literally made hundreds of ***** moves when negotiating with players and agents. But as far as players go, here are a few worse moves in the last decade or so.

Stephen jackson going behind the back of the warriors gm to negotiate a contract extension (having 2 yrs left on his deal) with Robert rowell. Less than 9 months after getting the contract extension- he demanded a trade.

Carlos boozer promising the cavs that he would stay with them and resign, then when cavs were out looking to make other moves- boozer went and signed with the jazz.

De Andre Jordan telling dallas that he would sign at the end of the Moratorium period in 2015. Dallas stops using the period to talk to free agents assuming they were spending their money on Jordan, then Jordan screws them over and goes to the clippers.

These things are far more indicative of poor character than anything KD did. He didnt lie to anybody, he didnt deceive anybody. He made a decision for him during his free agency.

Don't confuse people calling Durant a total vagina, with people questioning his character. By all accounts, Durant is a good man, honest man, and a community guy. He isn't a dirt bag, at all. People just get annoyed that such a great player made such a weak decision.

Do you not remember the summer of 2010, when the world lost it's mind over "The Decision"? Cmon. It took LeBron a few years to shut people up, and from a competitive standpoint, that was nothing compared to what Durant did. This will take years, and maybe never happens, for people to say, "it's cool". Durant made a hugely woman move man, there is just no argument about that. Everyone is free to perceive it how they wish.

As a GS fan, enjoy your rings, you should! But don't get upset that people are tearing Durant a new one for taking the easiest path in sports history to a ring.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 09:56 AM
Maybe if he didn't contradict himself so much in the past few years that it would be believable or worth listening to. Too bad he did.

I'm obviously stretching with the last comment but his words and actions didn't (and still haven't) exactly help his cause to paint a brighter picture.

not sure what you are referring to

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 10:03 AM

don't you think all those other things are a little more important than what you are holding against him? it reads a little like "yada yada yada, feed the homeless, make donations to people in crisis ... that's all well and good but signing with a really great basketball team? sort of negates all the rest"

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 10:06 AM
he took less money for the same reason guys like dirk and duncan took less money. He wanted to keep a good team intact.

A few years before he retired.....If kobe came out and said "I want to take as much money as I possibly can, because I want to challenge myself and I dont want to take the easy way out" Most people would say he is arrogant and self centered. People wouldnt respect him more because of that reason.

its strange isn't it. if Golden State won 64 games the season before we wouldn't even be talking about this.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:39 AM
Get the F out with that "he went to a better situation" nonsense. He was on one of the best situations in the league. love or hate RWB, he's still much better than most other rosters out there by himself. And even though he went to a better situation indeed, he has to take the resentment from everyone who wanted to more from such a great player. Some of you comparing this as if he's some tech employee.. How many tech employees can make $70 million per year, is a top three NBA player, one of the greatest scorers in NBA history, and is named Kevin Durant? GTFO with your b.s. What are you going to do next? Compare him to a McDonald's employee moving up to KFC?

Scoots
08-21-2017, 10:40 AM
don't you think all those other things are a little more important than what you are holding against him? it reads a little like "yada yada yada, feed the homeless, make donations to people in crisis ... that's all well and good but signing with a really great basketball team? sort of negates all the rest"

Also, the idea that "most" or "almost everyone" think less of him or of his title is sort of a silly assumption. The VAST majority of basketball or Warriors fans have no idea there ARE online forums where this crap is discussed, let alone spend the energy to form an opinion on free agency or parity. I had a girlfriend who loved going to games and called herself an avid fan and bought a bunch of the gear, but she would pick which games to go to based on who else might show up to watch the games and how the opposing team's uniforms looked and a bunch of non-basketball reasons. It's just plain entertainment for the majority of people. More people get more upset when a TV star changes their hairstyle than they do when a free agent makes a decision.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 10:52 AM
Get the F out with that "he went to a better situation" nonsense. He was on one of the best situations in the league. love or hate RWB, he's still much better than most other rosters out there by himself. And even though he went to a better situation indeed, he has to take the resentment from everyone who wanted to more from such a great player. Some of you comparing this as if he's some tech employee.. How many tech employees can make $70 million per year, is a top three NBA player, one of the greatest scorers in NBA history, and is named Kevin Durant? GTFO with your b.s. What are you going to do next? Compare him to a McDonald's employee moving up to KFC?

that isn't moving up. that's going to the kings.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 10:54 AM

really? you think OKC this year is similar to Golden State the year before? because that is the comparison here.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:06 AM

From where I live (NYC), KFC treats their employees better. McDonald's has one of the highest turnovers in the world and is an absolute nightmare to work for.

really? you think OKC this year is similar to Golden State the year before? because that is the comparison here.

No, I said OKC had one of the best rosters. How many guys would kill to have a teammate like RWB? Look at LeBron's first seven seasons. Imagine if he had RWB instead of Booby Gibson. I'm not saying OKC was the best decision and I've said I don't mind KD going to another team outside the Warriors but let's stop pretending OKC wasn't good enough to win.. they were. 100%

tredigs
08-21-2017, 11:28 AM

"Stoop" lmfao. Making it sound like he made some dirty backroom deal and had the Warriors give him the vet min ala AK47 with Prok only to get paid on the side. The Warriors were a great - albeit non championship winning team - who just happened to have the cap space to sign a max level player. It's a pretty unprecedented situation. And if you're naive enough to think any number of top tier superstars would not have also jumped at the opportunity to leave a small market team/town who employed a me-first superstar that said player was actually better then, well, that's a cute story to tell yourself. The REALITY is that KD took the opportunity at a better quality of life, both on and off the court. I'm leaving a very good situation for the same thing myself in 2 months time. That's... how life works. You can ignore this and cry like a little ***** for the next half decade, or you can accept it and move on. That's on you.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 11:41 AM

KD left a team that has the current MVP, and had to trade away his only competition for the award last year because they were too good at drafting haha. Anyone trying to equate this to LeBron leaving Mo Williams can go **** themselves.

Going to GS is a better situation for any player in history. That would be like Bird going to the Lakers in 1985, when cap space opened up. Or Karl Malone going to the 1995 Bulls. Duh, they put themselves in a better position..

tredigs
08-21-2017, 11:47 AM
KD left a team that has the current MVP, and had to trade away his only competition for the award last year because they were too good at drafting haha. Anyone trying to equate this to LeBron leaving Mo Williams can go **** themselves.

Going to GS is a better situation for any player in history. That would be like Bird going to the Lakers in 1985, when cap space opened up. Or Karl Malone going to the 1995 Bulls. Duh, they put themselves in a better position..

Bird/Magic were sworn rivals from their inception in the league, as divisive as any two superstars have ever been. You're reaching, to say the least. But as an aside, Bird/Malone and the Lakers/Bulls actually had their free agency and cap space sync perfectly to accept max contracts? That's interesting to say the least and would be ultra ****ing rare. Links? Though both were clearly extremely happy with their current situations (I mean for ****s sake the 86 Celtics are arguably the best team of all time) and had no wild-card Westbrook style player on their team eating up so many possessions from them.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 11:51 AM
I love the notion that most people agree and are cool with KD leaving OKC to find a new path for himself and do him, just not find the BEST path for himself. Because, you know, then their team has a lesser chance to win and as grown men we just don't like that :' (

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 11:51 AM

It's respected when a guy sticks with his team and wins with them. It's not when the guy runs to the best team in the league because he's softer than toilet paper. Thanks for the examples, lol.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 12:14 PM
From where I live (NYC), KFC treats their employees better. McDonald's has one of the highest turnovers in the world and is an absolute nightmare to work for.

No, I said OKC had one of the best rosters. How many guys would kill to have a teammate like RWB? Look at LeBron's first seven seasons. Imagine if he had RWB instead of Booby Gibson. I'm not saying OKC was the best decision and I've said I don't mind KD going to another team outside the Warriors but let's stop pretending OKC wasn't good enough to win.. they were. 100%

well if that's your point of view then we should be saying the same thing about Lebron leaving Cleveland the first time. another team that was excellent primarily because of the superstar. if we are talking about players that are so incredible that we are having conversations measuring their greatness, then we should be looking at what is left after you take them out because WITH them the situation obviously looks good. in both cases it's not much.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 12:18 PM
well if that's your point of view then we should be saying the same thing about Lebron leaving Cleveland the first time. another team that was excellent primarily because of the superstar. if we are talking about players that are so incredible that we are having conversations measuring their greatness, then we should be looking at what is left after you take them out because WITH them the situation obviously looks good. in both cases it's not much.

What are you talking about? Without Lebron the Cavs were the worst team in sports for years. The Thunder were still a playoff team. Were both teams worse when those guys left? Yes. But not nearly on the same level. That's hogwash.

KnickNyKnick
08-21-2017, 12:43 PM
Way i see it, had any other team beaten OKC the year before then i wouldn't see anything wrong about it. Its just the fact that he joined the team that beat him...lol. had any other team been built like GS , favored to win, and KD joined that team then that's fine.

Its like if there were to be a world war, and Great Britain is losing to country X. The U.S decides im gonna join country X the hell with it.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Way i see it, had any other team beaten OKC the year before then i wouldn't see anything wrong about it. Its just the fact that he joined the team that beat him...lol. had any other team been built like GS , favored to win, and KD joined that team then that's fine.

Its like if there were to be a world war, and Great Britain is losing to country X. The U.S decides im gonna join country X the hell with it.
It's EXACTLY like that.

To Chronz. And other psychopaths. Lol.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 01:47 PM
What are you talking about? Without Lebron the Cavs were the worst team in sports for years. The Thunder were still a playoff team. Were both teams worse when those guys left? Yes. But not nearly on the same level. That's hogwash.There was also a small exodus when LeBron left that certainly impacted what remained to start the following season wasn't there? I may be misremembering. Regardless, LeBron is on another level, we both know this. But hope went out the door with both.

And while I can appreciate the Thunder were a playoff team they were a fringe-y playoff team and I personally believe Donovan did a hell of a job with what he had. Neither team was going to go anywhere whatsoever.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Bird/Magic were sworn rivals from their inception in the league, as divisive as any two superstars have ever been. You're reaching, to say the least. But as an aside, Bird/Malone and the Lakers/Bulls actually had their free agency and cap space sync perfectly to accept max contracts? That's interesting to say the least and would be ultra ****ing rare. Links? Though both were clearly extremely happy with their current situations (I mean for ****s sake the 86 Celtics are arguably the best team of all time) and had no wild-card Westbrook style player on their team eating up so many possessions from them.

remove context, you get what I am saying.

And shouldn't you not want to join up with the team that just came back and embarrassed you? Meh

Why do you keep defending Durant. The dude is a woman, get over it. It doesn't mean you should enjoy the fact that your team is winning any less. They just happen to have a pansy as their best player. Oh well

valade16
08-21-2017, 01:48 PM

I worked at KFC in High School and there was a McDonald's across the street and one of the employees at KFC kept talking about how he was going to move up and go to McDonald's. It was always packed over there and we were way less busy so IDK why he thought McDonald's would be better lol

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 01:49 PM

Nah, it would be like if country X had the best air, land, and sea forces, along with the best technology and weapons systems already in place, and the U.S. joined them.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 01:51 PM
I worked at KFC in High School and there was a McDonald's across the street and one of the employees at KFC kept talking about how he was going to move up and go to McDonald's. It was always packed over there and we were way less busy so IDK why he thought McDonald's would be better lol

like Fast Times at Ridgemont High, when Brad gets that dude Arnold a job at All-American Burger

tredigs
08-21-2017, 01:53 PM
Nah, it would be like if country X had the best air, land, and sea forces, along with the best technology and weapons systems already in place, and the U.S. joined them.

:laugh:

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 01:56 PM
KFC must be doing way better in the US than it is here. It's pretty much invisible now in canada.

valade16
08-21-2017, 02:03 PM
KFC must be doing way better in the US than it is here. It's pretty much invisible now in canada.

I can't eat there, the food is just not good, even for fast food standards.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 02:19 PM
There was also a small exodus when LeBron left that certainly impacted what remained to start the following season wasn't there? I may be misremembering. Regardless, LeBron is on another level, we both know this. But hope went out the door with both.

And while I can appreciate the Thunder were a playoff team they were a fringe-y playoff team and I personally believe Donovan did a hell of a job with what he had. Neither team was going to go anywhere whatsoever.

The two are not equal. At all.

Saddletramp
08-21-2017, 02:21 PM
like fast times at ridgemont high, when brad gets that dude arnold a job at all-american burger

Hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 02:28 PM
:laugh:

ok I might have reached on that one

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Hope you had a hell of a piss, Arnold!

god I love that movie

"Well, naturally something happens. I mean, you put the vibe out to 30 million chicks, something is gonna happen."

YAALREADYKNO
08-21-2017, 02:29 PM
Haha damn it's the truth though

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 02:34 PM
I can't eat there, the food is just not good, even for fast food standards.

in my dranxin' days, I ate KFC twice a year, and each time it reminded me why I didn't eat it. So much grease, it would just jack my stomach.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 02:48 PM
The two are not equal. At all.

i don't think it's that different. they are both dumpster fires after.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-21-2017, 03:04 PM
These comparisons/instances to KD joining GS are hilarious.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 03:20 PM
ok I might have reached on that one

I love ya Hawk.

Hawkeye15
08-21-2017, 03:22 PM
I love ya Hawk.

right back at ya

hugepatsfan
08-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Lmao people are so sensitive. It's a joke about something students will care about to get his point across -
basketball. Unbunch your panties everyone

hugepatsfan
08-21-2017, 03:33 PM
Oh and if you compare picking a basketball team to "advancing your career" like in a "normal" job then you're just one of those people who likes to argue. It's a dumb comparison and anyone with a normal functioning brain that doesn't like to make up arguments to make themselves feel "enlightened" to people can see that.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 03:37 PM
Oh and if you compare picking a basketball team to "advancing your career" like in a "normal" job then you're just one of those people who likes to argue. It's a dumb comparison and anyone with a normal functioning brain that doesn't like to make up arguments to make themselves feel "enlightened" to people can see that.

The thing is- these students are far more likely to find themselves in "normal" jobs- then they are likely to be a top 5 athletse on the planet in a particular Team Sport. The only message they can take from this teacher would be to apply it in their normal career situations. The fact that you don't believe they are comparable strengthens the point that the teacher shouldn't have been telling the kids that

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 03:40 PM

Oh and comparing kd using free agency and signing with the team of his choice to doing something unethical like cheating on a test..... that comparism doesn't seem to bother you?

tredigs
08-21-2017, 03:45 PM
The thing is- these students are far more likely to find themselves in "normal" jobs- then they are likely to be a top 5 athletse on the planet in a particular Team Sport. The only message they can take from this teacher would be to apply it in their normal career situations. The fact that you don't believe they are comparable strengthens the point that the teacher shouldn't have been telling the kids that
Lmfao. Exactly. And no offense to all the middle school teachers out there. But, you're a middle school teacher. Stay in your lane.

KnickNyKnick
08-21-2017, 03:50 PM

pretty much.

hugepatsfan
08-21-2017, 03:53 PM
Oh and comparing kd using free agency and signing with the team of his choice to doing something unethical like cheating on a test..... that comparism doesn't seem to bother you?

No because it's a joke and I don't have a stick up my *** about people being mean to KD like you

hugepatsfan
08-21-2017, 03:55 PM

Or maybe it's a funny joke to get them to read the part of his syllabus about working hard and the students will read it. have a good laugh, maybe even jokingly go back in forth about how they like or don't like KD with each other and their teacher. And then the teacher will just say "ok seriously though guys it's important to just work hard and give your best" and then they'll all move on with their lives and not be defined by their middle school teacher's joke in his syllabus.

Or maybe they're scarred for life and doomed to fail like you say. I guess it could go either way.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 04:05 PM
Or maybe it's a funny joke to get them to read the part of his syllabus about working hard and the students will read it. have a good laugh, maybe even jokingly go back in forth about how they like or don't like KD with each other and their teacher. And then the teacher will just say "ok seriously though guys it's important to just work hard and give your best" and then they'll all move on with their lives and not be defined by their middle school teacher's joke in his syllabus.

Or maybe they're scarred for life and doomed to fail like you say. I guess it could go either way.

That would imply that one of the most dominant athletes in basketball did not work hard to do his best. How stupid would you have to be to preach that message to young kids? It's obviously just a butt hurt die hard OKC fan using his only authority in life to send a message to little kids not to find your best path, but the most righteous one. KD makes on his day off what he makes in a year. It is what it is.

mngopher35
08-21-2017, 04:20 PM

That would imply that one of the most dominant athletes in basketball did not work hard to do his best. How stupid would you have to be to preach that message to young kids? It's obviously just a butt hurt die hard OKC fan using his only authority in life to send a message to little kids not to find your best path, but the most righteous one. KD makes on his day off what he makes in a year. It is what it is.

Lol cmon we know kd makes more money etc. that has nothing to do with the message.

In the thing it uses kd as an example to not take the easy way out. Tons have talked about losing respect for Durant as a competitor for that exact reason and it is using Bball players to hopefully get the kids involved/into what the teacher is preaching using a current example they can relate to. No need to fire or jail this teacher, kd was just being ridiculous. Kd is just mad that many outside of the homers view him as a ***** which is why he keeps responding to things like this.

hugepatsfan
08-21-2017, 04:33 PM

Again, maybe you're right. it could have been a deep psychological message to kids that they shouldn't be successful.

It also could have been just a joke not meant to be taken so seriously... just a funny dig at how KD took the easy way out by joining a loaded team that could win without him, meant to be kept in the world of sports because kids generally like that more than academics and it'd get more spirited participation in what is usually a pretty boring task (going through the syllabus).

The world will never know for sure I guess :shrug:

tredigs
08-21-2017, 04:39 PM
Again, maybe you're right. it could have been a deep psychological message to kids that they shouldn't be successful.

It also could have been just a joke not meant to be taken so seriously... just a funny dig at how KD took the easy way out by joining a loaded team that could win without him, meant to be kept in the world of sports because kids generally like that more than academics and it'd get more spirited participation in what is usually a pretty boring task (going through the syllabus).

The world will never know for sure I guess :shrug:
Touche'. To take him seriously is the troll here.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 04:56 PM

The closest I can come up with is Jerry Rice going to the 49ers the year after they won their 2nd super bowl. But that was a draft pick (stolen from Dallas hehe).

Scoots
08-21-2017, 04:58 PM

You know Bird/Magic were like best friends from around their 9th/8th year in the NBA right?

tredigs
08-21-2017, 05:01 PM
You know Bird/Magic were like best friends from around their 9th/8th year in the NBA right?

You know they were sworn rivals in 85 (the year we are discussing), right? Why do you insist on going against me, even when wrong?

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
in my dranxin' days, I ate KFC twice a year, and each time it reminded me why I didn't eat it. So much grease, it would just jack my stomach.

Same. I'd forget, get some, suffer, repeat.

KnickNyKnick
08-21-2017, 05:09 PM
who ever said someone was talking about moving up from KFC to Mcdonalds. HAHAHAHAHAH what like up the street?

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:09 PM
You know they were sworn rivals in 85 (the year we are discussing), right? Why do you insist on going against me, even when wrong?

It's not all about you LOL. My point was that the whole "hate your opponent" thing is way overblown, even Bird/Magic who supposedly wanted to kill each other realized fairly quickly it was stupid.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:19 PM
If the teacher's message was simply "don't take the easy way out" ... that seems stupid to me. Think about math class, they are always trying to find easier ways to get you to be able to do the problems. In history they are always trying to find mnemonic devices to help you remember things easier. In physics and chemistry they are teaching you the simplest way to get a result, not the most complex. In the NFL teams are constantly "simplifying" their play books down ... the 49ers teams only had 3 running plays because it was far easier to truly master the complexities of run blocking if they kept the different plays to a minimum. In the NBA, players could, if they wanted to, take all of their free throws with their eyes closed, but no, the coaches insist they take the easiest route and shoot them with their eyes open. The Spurs offense at it's motion best was always to get the easiest/best shot ... not to take the hard way.

Like most aphorisms, it feels like the truth, but it's a wildly oversimplified and fundamentally wrong idea to plant your flag on.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 05:23 PM
It's not all about you LOL. My point was that the whole "hate your opponent" thing is way overblown, even Bird/Magic who supposedly wanted to kill each other realized fairly quickly it was stupid.

Lol guy you try to undermine me quite a bit. You've done it twice today. I choose to ignore it for the most part. Don't pretend otherwise.

Regarding Bird/Magic, they were the ultimate adversaries and it was a country wide polarizing discussion between who was better, so it's in no way comparable to KD/Curry in any way/shape/form was my point. Still curious @hawk if that was a real possibility for them to join forces though, or if it was just another fairy tale situation.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 05:23 PM
If the teacher's message was simply "don't take the easy way out" ... that seems stupid to me. Think about math class, they are always trying to find easier ways to get you to be able to do the problems. In history they are always trying to find mnemonic devices to help you remember things easier. In physics and chemistry they are teaching you the simplest way to get a result, not the most complex. In the NFL teams are constantly "simplifying" their play books down ... the 49ers teams only had 3 running plays because it was far easier to truly master the complexities of run blocking if they kept the different plays to a minimum. In the NBA, players could, if they wanted to, take all of their free throws with their eyes closed, but no, the coaches insist they take the easiest route and shoot them with their eyes open. The Spurs offense at it's motion best was always to get the easiest/best shot ... not to take the hard way.

Like most aphorisms, it feels like the truth, but it's a wildly oversimplified and fundamentally wrong idea to plant your flag on.

I could kiss you scoots......

but unfortunately half the people on this forum are gonna view your post as pure insanity. Their hate for KD has gone past the point of being reasonable

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 05:46 PM
These comparisons/instances to KD joining GS are hilarious.

I don't know which ones you are talking about but my point was just this. There isn't much of a comparison between Lebron going to the Heat and Durant going to the Warriors. One went to reigning champs and emerging dynasty and the other joined with a couple super talented players on a skeleton roster. Agreed. But there is a pretty reasonable comparison if you look at what they left behind. It's ridiculous IMO to say that Durant left a great situation when he pretty much was the situation as was Lebron. I find it pretty disingenuous when i hear people use that criticism, much as i do when people bring up the fact that he lost to that same team in the playoffs the year before.

mngopher35
08-21-2017, 05:57 PM

lol this is for kids and none of us were there as they went over it either. It even says in the description that they are talking about building habits for the future. Learning to constantly take the easy way out in life is not good imo. Yes we can certainly try and make things easier on ourselves in many ways but there are limits and depending on the extent others will judge you for it in certain situations.

You can skip/ignore steps in math because it is easier but when a tough problem comes along doing things the correct way helps when you can't just figure it out off hand (because you weren't just ignoring the process to get there). You might understand the homework in general so you just copy your friends answers since you already feel you have it down. Etc Etc.

Look I am not saying this is like the best analogy ever used but this teacher seems to be trying to get some points across and using current issues that kids could relate to to keep them engaged. Is it perfect? No. Is it jail worthy? LOL. People did lose respect for KD as a competitor for "taking the easy way out", I don't think it should be hard to make some connections here (again not nearly perfect but hopefully it gets the kids paying attention as they cover it).

Scoots
08-21-2017, 05:57 PM
Lol guy you try to undermine me quite a bit. You've done it twice today. I choose to ignore it for the most part. Don't pretend otherwise.

Regarding Bird/Magic, they were the ultimate adversaries and it was a country wide polarizing discussion between who was better, so it's in no way comparable to KD/Curry in any way/shape/form was my point. Still curious @hawk if that was a real possibility for them to join forces though, or if it was just another fairy tale situation.

I don't have to pretend. For the most part I respond to the post not the poster.

eDush, LOLP, and Stylez I have to pay special attention because I refuse to engage them in some of their BS, but I still have hope that everyone else here is going to be rational from time to time :)

valade16
08-21-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't know which ones you are talking about but my point was just this. There isn't much of a comparison between Lebron going to the Heat and Durant going to the Warriors. One went to reigning champs and emerging dynasty and the other joined with a couple super talented players on a skeleton roster. Agreed. But there is a pretty reasonable comparison if you look at what they left behind. It's ridiculous IMO to say that Durant left a great situation when he pretty much was the situation as was Lebron. I find it pretty disingenuous when i hear people use that criticism, much as i do when people bring up the fact that he lost to that same team in the playoffs the year before.

Really? Russell Westbrook won the MVP last season and the Thunder made the playoffs. Whether you think he deserved MVP or not, he was in that realm. That was a far better team than what LeBron left in Cleveland don't you think?

Heck, the Thunder acquired Paul George (a star SF even if not as good as KD) and if the Dubs didn't exist, they'd be considered contenders to go to the Finals in the West. I don't think adding PG to those Cleveland teams would have put them back near the level of where LeBron had them.

KnickNyKnick
08-21-2017, 06:09 PM

Durant was 1/2 the situation. Maybe along with Westbrook yes. That team as young as it was did amazing things. and were a season or 2 away from getting their ring. KD just couldnt take the fact that he had to go against GS and he felt it ruined his chances in OKC. 4 ECF appearances in 6 years? Beat the Spurs twice to get there.

I couldn't throw those growing pains away going into my prime. Would have reloaded and gone for it with OKC.
If there was a team who could compete out west with GS it was OKC with RW and KD. Would have been a great set up for the next FA. KD. WB. + PG? LBJ?. Looking at GS' monster roster, OKC would have been the team to go to for LBJ had KD remained a thunder.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I don't have to pretend. For the most part I respond to the post not the poster.

eDush, LOLP, and Stylez I have to pay special attention because I refuse to engage them in some of their BS, but I still have hope that everyone else here is going to be rational from time to time :)

Do I need to quote you guy? Lol Stfu. Yes, I see you.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 06:29 PM
Do I need to quote you guy? Lol Stfu. Yes, I see you.

You can quote me if you like. I don't mind. Sometimes I'm aware to whom I'm responding, but I am in no way "targeting" you.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 06:49 PM
You can quote me if you like. I don't mind. Sometimes I'm aware to whom I'm responding, but I am in no way "targeting" you.
Scoots kid, yes, you do. However I am smarter than you and have my own life, so in general I just don't care.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 06:51 PM

:hide:

Scoots
08-21-2017, 07:06 PM
Scoots kid, yes, you do. However I am smarter than you and have my own life, so in general I just don't care.

LOL. Okay.

tredigs
08-21-2017, 07:20 PM
LOL. Okay.

Good on you junior.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 07:28 PM
Good on you junior.

Well if we consider forum seniority I'm afraid you are junior.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 08:01 PM
Really? Russell Westbrook won the MVP last season and the Thunder made the playoffs. Whether you think he deserved MVP or not, he was in that realm. That was a far better team than what LeBron left in Cleveland don't you think?

Heck, the Thunder acquired Paul George (a star SF even if not as good as KD) and if the Dubs didn't exist, they'd be considered contenders to go to the Finals in the West. I don't think adding PG to those Cleveland teams would have put them back near the level of where LeBron had them.

a better team, yes, but not a good team. i'm sorry, if you think the Thunder were a good team you would be the first person i have heard say so.

valade16
08-21-2017, 08:06 PM
a better team, yes, but not a good team. i'm sorry, if you think the Thunder were a good team you would be the first person i have heard say so.

I mean what is your definition of good? They were the 6th seed in the tougher conference and had the 11th best record in the league. Good, decent, above average... whatever you want to call them they certainly aren't bad.

More to the point though, how many teams could lose their best player and do as good?

mngopher35
08-21-2017, 08:08 PM

A top 10 team in the league isn't good? I mean I guess it depends what you call "good" but they were 10th in the league record wise after being 5th with Durant the year before.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:35 PM

Circumstances are completely different. You and I both know that. Miami without LeBron is not winning 73 games nor a championship without LeBron.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 08:42 PM
I mean what is your definition of good? They were the 6th seed in the tougher conference and had the 11th best record in the league. Good, decent, above average... whatever you want to call them they certainly aren't bad.

More to the point though, how many teams could lose their best player and do as good?

A top 10 team in the league isn't good? I mean I guess it depends what you call "good" but they were 10th in the league record wise after being 5th with Durant the year before.

that's it Valade, decent pretty much sums it up. and as i mentioned previously i believe that Donovan deserves a fair amount of credit for them being anywhere close to 50 wins. look at that roster and tell me that shouldn't be a .500 team.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Circumstances are completely different. You and I both know that. Miami without LeBron is not winning 73 games nor a championship without LeBron.

you misunderstood, i was not talking about Miami, i said Cleveland.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:45 PM
you misunderstood, i was not talking about Miami, i said Cleveland.

I'm confused as to what your argument is, actually. He left Cleveland - a team that sucked without him and had ten times less talent than what durant played with the year before he left for the Warriors. What's your argument to that? I didn't catch it.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 08:59 PM
I'm confused as to what your argument is, actually. He left Cleveland - a team that sucked without him and had ten times less talent than what durant played with the year before he left for the Warriors. What's your argument to that? I didn't catch it.

i was only saying that the one argument i call total BS on is the "he had a great situation but he had to have the best situation" argument. he could have had a worse situation, sure, but certainly not a great one. just because (largely on the back of his own contributions) they were good enough to be a contender, does not mean that he had an excellent roster around him. it was super thin and the quarterback of the team makes very questionable decisions.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 09:00 PM

yeah neither were the warriors as constructed when durant joined. Lets not forget- there were question marks when they got durant because the warriors lost a lot of their rotation.

warriors lose almost half of their starting line up, they lost key bench players like festus ezeli, barbosa, mo speights. They literally lost all of their big men and rim protection (outside of green). The team warriors team durant joined was not the same roster that was 73 games- not even close. Just like durants circumstances werent like lebrons

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 09:01 PM
i was only saying that the one argument i call total BS on is the "he had a great situation but he had to have the best situation" argument. he could have had a worse situation, sure, but certainly not a great one. just because (largely on the back of his own contributions) they were good enough to be a contender, does not mean that he had an excellent roster around him. it was super thin and the quarterback of the team makes very questionable decisions.

So you're telling me Oladipo+Kanter+Adams+RWB is not a good roster? That's much better than what most superstars have.. Go down the list and you'll realize there are many teams out there that have a better situation.

Balltime
08-21-2017, 09:04 PM
It should be dictated @ Lebron instead of KD. Lebron is the one who is testing FA every other year. He is the one who started this super team crap. KD is just adjusting to the times which Lebron started.

likemystylez
08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
It should be dictated @ Lebron instead of KD. Lebron is the one who is testing FA every other year. He is the one who started this super team crap. KD is just adjusting to the times which Lebron started.

I thought kevin mchale sending kg for boston and crippling his t wolves team for a decade was the start of this

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
So you're telling me Oladipo+Kanter+Adams+RWB is not a good roster? That's much better than what most superstars have.. Go down the list and you'll realize there are many teams out there that have a better situation.I like Steven Adams.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 09:30 PM
I like Steven Adams.

Doesn't answer the question, though. How many top ten players outside of LeBron+Curry have such teams?

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Doesn't answer the question, though. How many top ten players outside of LeBron+Curry have such teams?I would take 2/3rd of the teams in the NBA over that. Oladipo has zero upside, Kanter is a sieve defensively, Westbrook for all his talent has a 10 cent IQ. As I mentioned, Adams I like.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:08 PM
I would take 2/3rd of the teams in the NBA over that. Oladipo has zero upside, Kanter is a sieve defensively, Westbrook for all his talent has a 10 cent IQ. As I mentioned, Adams I like.

Okay, name me 2/3rd teams you would take. Keep in mind you should take out the best player of those respective teams.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 10:33 PM

I'm not sure they were a good team ... they had great individual talent, but teamwork definitely seemed to be missing at times.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 11:00 PM
So you're telling me Oladipo+Kanter+Adams+RWB is not a good roster? That's much better than what most superstars have.. Go down the list and you'll realize there are many teams out there that have a better situation.

A lot of people have said a lot of bad things about Dipo, including OKC fans last year. Kanter is a nightmare. I love Adams. I think Taj is underrated and Roberson is a great defender.

I think there are good pieces, but I don't see how they fit all that well as a team. What were the RWB off the floor numbers like?

I don't think they are bad ... I just think they were kind of a mess last year, in part because RWB was doing what he was doing, and more power to him because he dragged the team as far as they went.

Scoots
08-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Okay, name me 2/3rd teams you would take. Keep in mind you should take out the best player of those respective teams.

I arbitrarily googled top 10 nba players and picked a link with a list and this was it:

1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
3. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
4. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
5. James Harden, Houston Rockets
6. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
7. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
10. John Wall, Washington Wizards

Other than the Pelicans, I would take every one of those teams over OKC last year.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 11:05 PM
Okay, name me 2/3rd teams you would take. Keep in mind you should take out the best player of those respective teams.No, I absolutely shouldnt. Durant was a free agent. Oklahoma City didn't have Kevin Durant to offer Kevin Durant.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:07 PM

I arbitrarily googled top 10 nba players and picked a link with a list and this was it:

1. LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
2. Kevin Durant, Golden State Warriors
3. Stephen Curry, Golden State Warriors
4. Kawhi Leonard, San Antonio Spurs
5. James Harden, Houston Rockets
6. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder
7. Anthony Davis, New Orleans Pelicans
8. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
9. Draymond Green, Golden State Warriors
10. John Wall, Washington Wizards

Other than the Pelicans, I would take every one of those teams over OKC last year.

Well, considering KD is a superstar, you have to take out the respective superstars from each of those teams. Which superstar had more help than what KD had in OKC?

Outside of the Warriors/Cavs players, not many teams.

Spurs might be one.
Rockets, no.
Pelicans, no.
Clippers, maybe. But Blake is never healthy to contribute so I would say no.
Wizards? No.

There aren't many teams where if you took out the best player on that team, that roster beats RWB+Oladipo+Adams+Kanter.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:08 PM
No, I absolutely shouldnt. Durant was a free agent. Oklahoma City didn't have Kevin Durant to offer Kevin Durant.

So you can't or you refuse to? Two different things.

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 11:14 PM
So you can't or you refuse to? Two different things.Because its irrelevant and arbitrary. When Kevin Durant looks around at his options he doesn't need to imagine adding himself to a steph curry-less warriors team, or a leonard-less spurs team. It doesn't matter because it's simply not his reality whatsoever.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:16 PM
Because its irrelevant and arbitrary. When Kevin Durant looks around at his options he doesn't need to imagine adding himself to a steph curry-less warriors team, or a leonard-less spurs team. It doesn't matter because it's simply not his reality whatsoever.

"I would take 2/3rd of the teams in the NBA over that. Oladipo has zero upside, Kanter is a sieve defensively, Westbrook for all his talent has a 10 cent IQ. As I mentioned, Adams I like. "

That's what you said. Not sure what Kevin Durant's decision has to do with the above quote. Which team, when taking out the supertar of that team, is better than RWB+Oladipo+Adams+Kanter?

Jamiecballer
08-21-2017, 11:18 PM
Nevermind flash

Saddletramp
08-22-2017, 01:33 AM

God damn, what an awful human being.

tredigs
08-22-2017, 08:07 AM
God damn, what an awful human being.
LOL you have an interesting take on reality. And as a common troll/token site imbecile, this comment is especially rich.

Vinylman
08-22-2017, 08:20 AM
You gotta admire dubs fans defending a douche like KD to the bitter end...

Hawkeye15
08-22-2017, 08:55 AM
You gotta admire dubs fans defending a douche like KD to the bitter end...

if he would have signed with the Spurs they would be in on the party. But, that is how fanhood works man, defend to the death, or until they get traded/sign elsewhere.

tredigs
08-22-2017, 09:21 AM
if he would have signed with the Spurs they would be in on the party. But, that is how fanhood works man, defend to the death, or until they get traded/sign elsewhere.

Personally I was indifferent on KD coming to GS and actually prefer he went elsewhere, but he did come. It's over. It's the lack of being able to move on concerning the topic that is so annoying with this site. You don't see this on the bigger/better site, and you don't see it in reality (unless you're a 3rd grader in Oklahoma who has no other choice I suppose). It's essentially just PSD due to a small/loud minority that has completely derailed any constructive discussion concerning the NBA. It's a shame.

Jamiecballer
08-22-2017, 09:35 AM
if he would have signed with the Spurs they would be in on the party. But, that is how fanhood works man, defend to the death, or until they get traded/sign elsewhere.Don't paint us all with the same brush hawkeye. I couldn't give a **** about the warriors.

Hawkeye15
08-22-2017, 09:43 AM
Personally I was indifferent on KD coming to GS and actually prefer he went elsewhere, but he did come. It's over. It's the lack of being able to move on concerning the topic that is so annoying with this site. You don't see this on the bigger/better site, and you don't see it in reality (unless you're a 3rd grader in Oklahoma who has no other choice I suppose). It's essentially just PSD due to a small/loud minority that has completely derailed any constructive discussion concerning the NBA. It's a shame.

I mean, you see it everywhere dude. It's not PSD. it's at the water cooler in the office, sport sites, the ESPY's, everywhere. Meh

ewing
08-22-2017, 09:50 AM

you engage in this conversation more than anyone

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Tre has been talking about KD going to the Warriors moreso than anyone here not named maybe Chronz. He's like KD at this point - refusing to accept that it was a lame move so he tries to justify it through repetition of nonsense.

likemystylez
08-22-2017, 10:42 AM
Tre has been talking about KD going to the Warriors moreso than anyone here not named maybe Chronz. He's like KD at this point - refusing to accept that it was a lame move so he tries to justify it through repetition of nonsense.

The argument that it was a lame move hinges on the BS that stephen a smith and other butt hurt cavs/lebron fans have come up with to try and hate on KD. The argument against KD joining the warriors kinda goes against what free agency is all about.

comparing what KD did to a student cheating on a test, or implying that KD isnt A POS human being because he made a decision (THAT WAS HIS DECISION TO MAKE) people didnt like is the real BS to any objective person.

tredigs
08-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Find a single instance of me starting/derailing a thread to talk about KD Flash. One. Hint: I never have. Just like I would never engage in a conversation with you until you incessantly pipe up and ***** about me that I throw you a bone. You're a tool, and obsessed with me. Stay in your lane.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:52 AM
The argument that it was a lame move hinges on the BS that stephen a smith and other butt hurt cavs/lebron fans have come up with to try and hate on KD. The argument against KD joining the warriors kinda goes against what free agency is all about.

comparing what KD did to a student cheating on a test, or implying that KD isnt A POS human being because he made a decision (THAT WAS HIS DECISION TO MAKE) people didnt like is the real BS to any objective person.

On a human level, yeah, he's not a POS. As a fan of basketball, we have a right to view someone as a lame for doing what he did. It just so happens plenty of people share that same view.. and it's not exactly all Cleveland/LeBron fans. Is that what you think it is? Look at how many people from all different teams hated KD for going to the Warriors. The underlying problem is they saw someone who destroyed competition and chose a ring that was practically guaranteed. So hey, defend KD's decision as it being better for his career and life. Just realize that fans have a right to perceive a decision how they want even as miniscule as it can be. The general public and parts of it do share a view that KD's decision was discouraging as KD is such a great player going to a historic team.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:54 AM
Find a single instance of me starting/derailing a thread to talk about KD Flash. One. Hint: I never have. Just like I would never engage in a conversation with you until you incessantly pipe up and ***** about me that I throw you a bone. You're a tool, and obsessed with me. Stay in your lane.

C'mon, buddy. Don't be so mad at life. Why are you always so angry? Have you noticed that? You're always arguing profusely with PSD users.. on a basketball FORUM. Dude, chill. Go make some bets on sports and take a sip of lemon iced tea. No need to rage at everyone. Haha, it's okay, Tre. When my dad hit the ripe age of 55, he was also a nuisance to everyone!

PayDaPiper
08-22-2017, 11:00 AM
Whether you like KD or not. Think it was a coward move or not. You better get used to it lol

Cuz he's gonna be there for awhile... And the Warriors are gonna run the NBA for the next few years, enjoy the ride

PayDaPiper
08-22-2017, 11:03 AM
On a side note, I was watching NBA Playoff Playback. How many frickin titles would the Thunder have if they would have manned up and paid Harden

Westy
Harden
Durant

I would be super bitter if I was an OKC fan, they could have been the Warriors before the Warriors

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 11:17 AM
On a side note, I was watching NBA Playoff Playback. How many frickin titles would the Thunder have if they would have manned up and paid Harden

Westy
Harden
Durant

I would be super bitter if I was an OKC fan, they could have been the Warriors before the Warriors

It's nice watching that Heat team again.

Vinsanity115
08-22-2017, 11:24 AM
Fair.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

mngopher35
08-22-2017, 01:28 PM

I would say the small/loud minority is also the few coming in the threads constantly at Durante defense. He is widely talked about on programs/other sites/at work or gym etc still even on major programs like the espys make fun of the move. It is a move that still appears to have made a major gap in the competition which ruins (hurts? Less enjoyable?) the nba to some extent for many fans. People are going to talk about the move like that from a top player on the clear cut front runner in a sport. Until that move isn't dictating the competition/parity level of championships it will likely stay a talking point. So we get a few posters (on both sides) who constantly wanna go back and forth on it.

Earlier in the thread you bashed the teacher for trying to use an example they can relate to trying to keep them engaged. Kds tweet which the thread covers asks for him to be fired/jailed. The hate towards him is one part, that constant defense of dumb/obvious things to protect the ever fragile kd is as big of a problem around here IMO to the same extent. Always needing to defend him even in situations like this brings on many responses in itself (and it wasn't you but another warriors poster has been doing similar all thread). You hate the other side but you have been part of the problem and I can start quoting all the shots/snarky remarks from you towards others as well if you would like to show more examples of what I consider part of the "problem".

Again though this is just the biggest (or one of) issue in the game today until we get some sort of balance back in the league so of course it will be talked about. At least we can make some money off it though, right?

Chronz
08-22-2017, 02:29 PM
For as long as I've been here I've enjoyed reading from tre, gopher, val, hawk, croon etc and I don't think it's a coincidence that the ones who defend her decision the hardest happen to be dub fans. Take that for context. What's more likely, that this small but incredibly devoted NBA fan base all had the same reaction out of a lack of contextual understanding or that the dub fans are indeed biased. Lol I wonder.

You guys talk about dropping it but I never will until yall stop pretending like what he did was anything but cowardice in its ultimate form.

I noticed tre dropped all pretenses about this not bugging her, guess that's a small victory we have to take.

Chronz
08-22-2017, 02:36 PM
I would say the small/loud minority is also the few coming in the threads constantly at Durante defense. He is widely talked about on programs/other sites/at work or gym etc still even on major programs like the espys make fun of the move. It is a move that still appears to have made a major gap in the competition which ruins (hurts? Less enjoyable?) the nba to some extent for many fans. People are going to talk about the move like that from a top player on the clear cut front runner in a sport. Until that move isn't dictating the competition/parity level of championships it will likely stay a talking point. So we get a few posters (on both sides) who constantly wanna go back and forth on it.

Earlier in the thread you bashed the teacher for trying to use an example they can relate to trying to keep them engaged. Kds tweet which the thread covers asks for him to be fired/jailed. The hate towards him is one part, that constant defense of dumb/obvious things to protect the ever fragile kd is as big of a problem around here IMO to the same extent. Always needing to defend him even in situations like this brings on many responses in itself (and it wasn't you but another warriors poster has been doing similar all thread). You hate the other side but you have been part of the problem and I can start quoting all the shots/snarky remarks from you towards others as well if you would like to show more examples of what I consider part of the "problem".

Again though this is just the biggest (or one of) issue in the game today until we get some sort of balance back in the league so of course it will be talked about. At least we can make some money off it though, right?
There is no Small minority on either side, I see **** kd memes all over the web, **** kd posts on all the boards I frequent, the only difference is that they have a wide variety of topics where we're all just basically waiting for the season to start. If you were to remove dub fans from the equation then yeah, there is a minority ( mostly casual fans imo) who think what kd did is just like every other move.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 02:39 PM
There is no Small minority on either side, I see **** kd memes all over the web, **** kd posts on all the boards I frequent, the only difference is that they have a wide variety of topics where we're all just basically waiting for the season to start. If you were to remove dub fans from the equation then yeah, there is a minority ( mostly casual fans imo) who think what kd did is just like every other move.

So far, the only people who have defended him fall under:

1) GSW fans. Understandable.

2) LeBron-haters. They want to see Warriors win as that would mean LeBron loses.

Maybe there's another area where they would fall under but I haven't heard a legitimate response other than, "he did what was best for his career." That could be interpreted in different ways. Perception to guys like KD matters.. just look at how he defends himself in Twitter. Dude got into an argument with some girl who looks like she listens to One Direction...

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 02:42 PM
KD was in on the Espys joke about him going to whoever has the best team. That's sad for a grown *** man who's supposed to be an ultimate competitor. He should just walk around with a shirt that says I'm a *****. His cupcake hat with a ring on it was dumb too, "yea I'm soft but at least I got a ring out of it."

I love Tom Brady's recent comments on him about respect.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 02:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Qr-fpLIZiM

Worst commercial Nike has ever put out. Also a very good laugh...

Jamiecballer
08-22-2017, 02:47 PM
So far, the only people who have defended him fall under:

1) GSW fans. Understandable.

2) LeBron-haters. They want to see Warriors win as that would mean LeBron loses.

Maybe there's another area where they would fall under but I haven't heard a legitimate response other than, "he did what was best for his career." That could be interpreted in different ways. Perception to guys like KD matters.. just look at how he defends himself in Twitter. Dude got into an argument with some girl who looks like she listens to One Direction...Ahem

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 02:57 PM
From Jerry West himself:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/clippers-advisor-jerry-west-cant-imagine-anybody-beating-warriors-174208214.html

mrblisterdundee
08-22-2017, 05:32 PM
Maybe the first half about not taking the easy way out made sense, but this wasn't a great comparison. I don't really see how Durant going to Oklahoma has anything to do with "cheating, plagarizing, and copying your friends homework." Also, Durant's homework was to win a championship, and he obviously finished that.
But seriously: Who doesn't love reading about Durant getting all butt-hurt on Twitter? As long as his team is that good even without him, he deserves every bit of scorn.

Chronz
08-22-2017, 05:38 PM
Maybe the first half about not taking the easy way out made sense, but this wasn't a great comparison. I don't really see how Durant going to Oklahoma has anything to do with "cheating, plagarizing, and copying your friends homework." Also, Durant's homework was to win a championship, and he obviously finished that.
But seriously: Who doesn't love reading about Durant getting all butt-hurt on Twitter? As long as his team is that good even without him, he deserves every bit of scorn.

If you think the goal is simply to win a championship then you don't understand Context. I respect players who care about the how. Hence why he compared a true competitor to someone with very little respect

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Interesting.

hugepatsfan
08-29-2017, 01:01 PM
KD was in on the Espys joke about him going to whoever has the best team. That's sad for a grown *** man who's supposed to be an ultimate competitor. He should just walk around with a shirt that says I'm a *****. His cupcake hat with a ring on it was dumb too, "yea I'm soft but at least I got a ring out of it."

I love Tom Brady's recent comments on him about respect.

What did Brady say?

likemystylez
08-29-2017, 08:31 PM
If you think the goal is simply to win a championship then you don't understand Context. I respect players who care about the how. Hence why he compared a true competitor to someone with very little respect

Problem is, Journalists dont really care about the "how". Especially when looking back at history, the details about the "how" kinda get washed over when evaluating players and teams. Nobody talks about James worthy going down during the finals which likely changed the outcome of Jordans first championship. Nobody talks about the ridiculous amount of calls that constantly went the bulls way in the late 90s. Would the bulls still have won 72 games in 96 if refs were critiqued the way they are today? Would they have won all 6 championships? who knows?

And on the flip side, while the bulls were winning all those championships, nobody worrys about the "HOW" Patrick Ewing never won a ring, or "HOW" John Stockton never won a ring.

Even Stephen A Smith who has made it trendy to bash on KD and call it a weak move. Even SAS doesnt care about the "HOW". He constantly use to refer to Kobe as a 5 time champion when comparing him to Lebron. He doesnt mention "HOW" kobe won those first 3 rings (He played with Shaq)

Over time the HOW just kinda turns into minor details, just like HOW the cavs won in 2016. If draymond played game 5- likely a different outcome (as we saw this year)- but those details dont matter

nastynice
08-29-2017, 08:50 PM
Still a very dumb equivalent. Guys coming out of high school don't always work out. A former MVP already has worked out and belongs on the upper tier. No reason to join the 73 win championship (different years) other than not having a competitive bone in his body. I bet Draymond's put a competitive bone in KD's body.

Yup, same one he gave harden the past few playoffs.

So not only do you owe your main guy's competitiveness to us, you also owe the fact that you now have another elite player on your squad.

You're welcome Houston. Not that it'll make a diff in the playoffs, haha, but ur welcome for giving you a watchable product in your home town :)

nastynice
08-29-2017, 08:51 PM
Problem is, Journalists dont really care about the "how". Especially when looking back at history, the details about the "how" kinda get washed over when evaluating players and teams. Nobody talks about James worthy going down during the finals which likely changed the outcome of Jordans first championship. Nobody talks about the ridiculous amount of calls that constantly went the bulls way in the late 90s. Would the bulls still have won 72 games in 96 if refs were critiqued the way they are today? Would they have won all 6 championships? who knows?

And on the flip side, while the bulls were winning all those championships, nobody worrys about the "HOW" Patrick Ewing never won a ring, or "HOW" John Stockton never won a ring.

Even Stephen A Smith who has made it trendy to bash on KD and call it a weak move. Even SAS doesnt care about the "HOW". He constantly use to refer to Kobe as a 5 time champion when comparing him to Lebron. He doesnt mention "HOW" kobe won those first 3 rings (He played with Shaq)

Over time the HOW just kinda turns into minor details, just like HOW the cavs won in 2016. If draymond played game 5- likely a different outcome (as we saw this year)- but those details dont matter

yuuup

JordansBulls
08-31-2017, 10:51 PM
Kevin Durant did once what Lebron James did twice and that is go to a team with multiple stars.

Scoots
09-01-2017, 09:19 AM
Kevin Durant did once what Lebron James did twice and that is go to a team with multiple stars.

And here we go again.

Vinylman
09-01-2017, 11:43 AM

no he didn't ...

thought I would jump start it for you Scoots :D

valade16
09-01-2017, 12:02 PM

And I've done what Michael Jordan has done and that is shoot a basketball.

Hawkeye15
09-01-2017, 12:09 PM

I did what Bill Clinton did, and inhaled

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 12:54 PM

And I did what Kim K did, and put it on video.

Scoots
09-01-2017, 01:03 PM
I did what Bill Clinton did, and inhaled

You sniffed the cigar?