PDA

View Full Version : Report: LeBron 100% leaving Cleveland!

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 04:48 PM

This is the same guy that said LeBron would leave Miami to return to Cleveland.

I think this is right. They fired Griffin who LeBron wanted to stay, Kyrie is now leaving, Dan Gilbert is a huge douche and Trump supporter, etc. He probably can't stand ownership right now and Gilbert and LeBron obviously have many different beliefs based on LeBrons recent Trump comments.

This was also tweeted but, of course they're going to deny reports. He's not going to come out and tell Cleveland reporters he's leaving.

Wade buyout coming soon and LeBron 100% leaving Cleveland news in the same day........interesting.

What do you all think happens?

Bostonjorge
08-16-2017, 04:55 PM
Yup Chicago can't wait to throw Wade away and James is not feeling the love form the owner.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:00 PM
Yup Chicago can't wait to throw Wade away and James is not feeling the love form the owner.

Chicago showed their true colors, ran by a bunch of clowns.

You think LeBron leaves?

Vee-Rex
08-16-2017, 05:03 PM
1: Report from one guy on twitter saying LeBron is 100% leaving

+

2: Report from one guy on twitter saying he has 3 sources CLOSE to LeBron who says it's 100% false

=

LeBron is 100% leaving Cleveland!

smh, I need to just wait until the season start before browsing the NBA forums. Wade03, bro, you a thirsty *** dude lol

Bostonjorge
08-16-2017, 05:10 PM

You think LeBron leaves?

James is gone. Irving don't even want to play in Cleveland. JR will be the next guy to banish Cleveland. Billups didn't want to be a Gm for them. Melo said no to Cleveland to. Don't know how it can get worst but it's barely August.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:13 PM

+

2: Report from one guy on twitter saying he has 3 sources CLOSE to LeBron who says it's 100% false

=

smh, I need to just wait until the season start before browsing the NBA forums. Wade03, bro, you a thirsty *** dude lol

Hahaha!!! But of course they're going to deny reports, that's how it always is. At this point I would not be surprised at all if he leaves.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:14 PM
James is gone. Irving don't even want to play in Cleveland. JR will be the next guy to banish Cleveland. Billups didn't want to be a Gm for them. Melo said no to Cleveland to. Don't know how it can get worst but it's barely August.

I agree, guys are staying away or getting away as fast as possible. There has to be a reason. Why else would Melo not want to play with LeBron in Cleveland?

Scoots
08-16-2017, 05:40 PM
I almost feel like we should have an All Things Kyrie thread and an All Things LeBron thread and just combine them all together :)

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:42 PM
I almost feel like we should have an All Things Kyrie thread and an All Things LeBron thread and just combine them all together :)

We need topic diversity!

SfgiantsJD3
08-16-2017, 06:16 PM

+

=

1 yes + 3 no's = 1/4 or 25% true
or 1 yes + 1 no verified 3 time = 1/2 its 50% true.

dhopisthename
08-16-2017, 06:22 PM
Sheridan is a hack. don't believe anything he says

still1ballin
08-16-2017, 06:23 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

valade16
08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Weren't people denying the possibility of LeBron leaving Cleveland the first time?

I mean this by itself is not the end all be all. But haven't we been hearing reports that Cleveland's GM has to plan for both the possibility that LeBron is staying and leaving because he doesn't know?

If LeBron hasn't told them he's staying, he's 100% gone IMO. Him not saying unequivocally that he is staying is only hurting the team he'd have around him. If he were really staying, he'd have said so and be recruiting people to play with him.

You're crazy if you don't think there has been a ton of smoke this offseason pointing to LeBron leaving.

JasonJohnHorn
08-16-2017, 06:26 PM
Time to call up the Rockets and try to pry Harden away for James I guess... lol.

Rumours though. Just rumours.

BoSox47
08-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Celtics coming out of the East this year.

GiantsSwaGG
08-16-2017, 07:08 PM
Do the LT

:dance:

Where the **** is LT?

GREATNESS ONE
08-16-2017, 07:35 PM
Where the **** is LT?

Is that you in your avatar?

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 07:53 PM
Time to call up the Rockets and try to pry Harden away for James I guess... lol.

This! He is GONE! Book it!

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 07:53 PM

We coming Laker Nation, don't worry and stay WOKE!

GiantsSwaGG
08-16-2017, 08:08 PM

Why? You find him attractive?

GREATNESS ONE
08-16-2017, 08:09 PM
Why? You find him attractive?

:laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 08:44 PM
Big deal. He's a goner. He walks or picks a team for a trade. Not rocket science. Trade him now the better. If he walks ya get nothing. But maybe better then taking dead weight to.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 08:48 PM

Morey laughs and hangs up. He'd want the banana boat there. Picks and dead weight all ya get. Hardball here on out.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-16-2017, 08:51 PM
I mean it's kind of a given at this point that he leaves so no, not surprised in the least bit if true.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 08:52 PM
I could see Lakers cave and go for it now dumping both Ball and Ingram for a banana boat. LeBron and Bledsoe trades and sign Wade after buyout. Still lame team in the west. But I'm sure after KCP dead line and Lopez are a goner for somebody.

Jamiecballer
08-16-2017, 08:57 PM
Could be untrue but is there anyone here who would bet against it at this point?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

HandsOnTheWheel
08-16-2017, 08:59 PM
Not like this is 2010 Free Agency either. The man is going to be 33 in December then 34 for whatever team signs him next offseason. He's getting towards the later stages in his career and cares more about his legacy and winning more rings than appeasing Cleveland and it's fans as he should.

still1ballin
08-16-2017, 09:03 PM
I could see Lakers cave and go for it now dumping both Ball and Ingram for a banana boat. LeBron and Bledsoe trades and sign Wade after buyout. Still lame team in the west. But I'm sure after KCP dead line and Lopez are a goner for somebody.

wat?

Dade County
08-16-2017, 09:06 PM
Celtics coming out of the East this year.

If Lbj doesn't make it to the Final's (only way I see that happening is if he gets injured), then it will be Miami coming out of the East.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:47 PM
wat?

This!

GREATNESS ONE

Lol no.

WaDe03
If Lbj doesn't make it to the Final's (only way I see that happening is if he gets injured), then it will be Miami coming out of the East.

You need star power to get that far, you should know that by now.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:50 PM

LeBron has a NTC and he said he's not waiving it for anyone. When he leaves it'll be in the summer because it'll be a much easier transition for his family as a whole. Plus it would be dumb as hell to trade hose guys to get LeBron, Wade, PG, or whoever when they can just come on the summer. LeBron would probably tell them not to do it, you want them for depth or a much bigger trade. Bledsoe is not part of the banana boat either.

BoSox47
08-16-2017, 10:04 PM

lmao make the playoffs first then we will talk.

FlashBolt
08-16-2017, 10:24 PM
I can see LeBron opting in and then having Cleveland trade him to the Lakers for Ball+Clarkson+Deng.. Think about it, if you're the Cavs, that's an absolutely good move. LeBron might want to leave the Cavs in good shape so he'll be willing to do it. If you're the Lakers, you get rid of your dead salaries and even though you lose Ball, you're getting LeBron. It's LeBron, though. He probably has all of this planned out. I don't see him resigning with the Cavs. Red flag was when there were rumors no potential trade candidates were committed to the Cavs beyond that season because of LeBron's uncertainty. Two teams come to mind with LeBron..

Spurs
Lakers

Both teams have the required cap and opportunity to win by making some relatively quick-and-easy moves. If LeBron goes to LAL, hard to imagine Wade/Melo won't follow. If LeBron goes to the Spurs, Spurs are 1-2 more pieces away from being right up there with the Warriors. Hell, LeBron+Kawhi alone would be devastating.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 10:35 PM
I can see LeBron opting in and then having Cleveland trade him to the Lakers for Ball+Clarkson+Deng.. Think about it, if you're the Cavs, that's an absolutely good move. LeBron might want to leave the Cavs in good shape so he'll be willing to do it. If you're the Lakers, you get rid of your dead salaries and even though you lose Ball, you're getting LeBron. It's LeBron, though. He probably has all of this planned out. I don't see him resigning with the Cavs. Red flag was when there were rumors no potential trade candidates were committed to the Cavs beyond that season because of LeBron's uncertainty. Two teams come to mind with LeBron..

Spurs
Lakers

Both teams have the required cap and opportunity to win by making some relatively quick-and-easy moves. If LeBron goes to LAL, hard to imagine Wade/Melo won't follow. If LeBron goes to the Spurs, Spurs are 1-2 more pieces away from being right up there with the Warriors. Hell, LeBron+Kawhi alone would be devastating.

I don't think LeBron does that, in regards to the Lakers trade. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything and he probably wants to play with Ball or trade him for another piece.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 10:36 PM
I like the Spurs idea more every time you mention it though Flashbolt.

goingfor28
08-16-2017, 10:56 PM
If Lbj doesn't make it to the Final's (only way I see that happening is if he gets injured), then it will be Miami coming out of the East.Lol no it won't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Raps08-09 Champ
08-16-2017, 11:03 PM
Well Gilbert is a ****** human being.

Dade County
08-16-2017, 11:25 PM
You need star power to get that far, you should know that by now.

I would normally agree with you... But after Lbj, I don't see anyone in the East.

All the true stars are out West, and unless Giannis gets a J; I'll roll with the HEAT chances.

Dade County
08-16-2017, 11:27 PM
lmao make the playoffs first then we will talk.

Ture

Lol no it won't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:)

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 11:55 PM
I would normally agree with you... But after Lbj, I don't see anyone in the East.

All the true stars are out West, and unless Giannis gets a J; I'll roll with the HEAT chances.

Going against Wall, IT, Hayward, Giannis, Lowry, Derozan, etc. That star power will get you. Whiteside is the closest thing but he can't score at will and therefore the Heat don't have enough fire power to beat those guys. They may be able to take out the Bucks but I don't see them beating the Celtics Raptors or Wizards.

Htownballa1622
08-17-2017, 12:04 AM
LeBron needs to stop messing around and come home(my home at least) :smoking:

Kyben36
08-17-2017, 12:13 AM
I personally think he leaves. loosing kyrie will be huge. and LeBron isn't the 26 year old that can carry a team like before. after a tough year. lots of trade rumors. GM questions. lack of moves to get better.

I think by the end of he year. you see a similar check out from LeBron in the playoffs. and then let the rumors start.

Balltime
08-17-2017, 12:28 AM
He wants to come home and play in Los Angeles

ewing
08-17-2017, 12:37 AM
there has never been a great I wanted to retire like LeBron.

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2017, 12:40 AM
I've always thought the Cavaliers should operate under the assumption that LeBron, and by extension Irving, won't be around for long. He and Gilbert just don't get along. They can still get some value back in a trade for Irving and Love, tank and start over.

FlashBolt
08-17-2017, 12:45 AM
I don't think LeBron does that, in regards to the Lakers trade. He doesn't owe Cleveland anything and he probably wants to play with Ball or trade him for another piece.

Why wouldn't he do it, though? It works out for LeBron and all parties involved. Cavs might not want Deng but Clarkson+Ball are two very young players who could be promising players. Right now, Cavs are trying to get Irving back in exchange for some young talent.. Boom, Ball+Clarkson. LeBron ends up in Lakers and helps them free up salary space - which enables the team to get LeBron some elite help. IDK why LeBron would want to play with Ball, tbh. Ball can't shoot and he does the same things LeBron can do.. Like, what's the point of Ball if you have LeBron? I mean, Ball might be able to get LeBron a few possessions off in games but so could other players that are more proven.

I like the Spurs idea more every time you mention it though Flashbolt.

I like it a lot, too. At this point, I would like it if there are 2-3 teams capable of challenging the Warriors. It doesn't even have to be my team. I've gotten to a point where if the league isn't competitive enough to watch, I can care less how well OKC does. It's boring watching Russ just triple double his way into the season when the undeniable fact is that it won't mean a thing if no one can beat the Warriors. LeBron on the Spurs is a quick route to changing that.

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2017, 12:50 AM

Spurs
Lakers

1. LeBron wouldn't gut the Lakers. He wants to win championships, and you need good players on rookie deals to make it work.
2. If the Spurs got LeBron, which the won't, they'd already be there with Golden State. Kawhi was already taking it to them on his own last season, and nobody on the Warriors has any chance of stopping LeBron. With a team that maximizes talent like the Spurs, all you need beyond those two is quality depth, which they have.

Dade County
08-17-2017, 01:01 AM
Why wouldn't he do it, though? It works out for LeBron and all parties involved. Cavs might not want Deng but Clarkson+Ball are two very young players who could be promising players. Right now, Cavs are trying to get Irving back in exchange for some young talent.. Boom, Ball+Clarkson. LeBron ends up in Lakers and helps them free up salary space - which enables the team to get LeBron some elite help. IDK why LeBron would want to play with Ball, tbh. Ball can't shoot and he does the same things LeBron can do.. Like, what's the point of Ball if you have LeBron? I mean, Ball might be able to get LeBron a few possessions off in games but so could other players that are more proven.

What!

This wouldn't make any sense for the Lakers front office.

Ball will be on that rookie deal for 3yrs, and he'll develop more as each game passes. Why the Hell would they trade him for LBJ, when they can just target Lbj in the offseason?

I actually think Lbj should go to the 76ers, but that's another topic.

No smart front office will do this. Ball is the home town kid, the NBA loves stuff like this. Also, Lbj going to the Lakers in a trade this season, will shut him out of going to the Final's; giving the nae sayers ammunition that if Lbj was in the West he wouldn't have made it to the Final's 7 straight times.

Lbj plans everything out, he will only join a team that is stack.

I like it a lot, too. At this point, I would like it if there are 2-3 teams capable of challenging the Warriors. It doesn't even have to be my team. I've gotten to a point where if the league isn't competitive enough to watch, I can care less how well OKC does. It's boring watching Russ just triple double his way into the season when the undeniable fact is that it won't mean a thing if no one can beat the Warriors. LeBron on the Spurs is a quick route to changing that.

Lbj & Kawhi isn't enough to beat GS.

Westbrook, Lbj, AD & above avg shooters, would be a good starting point.

kobe4thewinbang
08-17-2017, 01:19 AM
BS! He ain't leaving again. I mean, he might. In that case, get the lighters out again! But his reputation would not recover if he bailed now after the Kyrie crap and getting beaten fairly easily in the Finals.

FlashBolt
08-17-2017, 03:18 AM
1. LeBron wouldn't gut the Lakers. He wants to win championships, and you need good players on rookie deals to make it work.
2. If the Spurs got LeBron, which the won't, they'd already be there with Golden State. Kawhi was already taking it to them on his own last season, and nobody on the Warriors has any chance of stopping LeBron. With a team that maximizes talent like the Spurs, all you need beyond those two is quality depth, which they have.

What!

This wouldn't make any sense for the Lakers front office.

Ball will be on that rookie deal for 3yrs, and he'll develop more as each game passes. Why the Hell would they trade him for LBJ, when they can just target Lbj in the offseason?

I actually think Lbj should go to the 76ers, but that's another topic.

No smart front office will do this. Ball is the home town kid, the NBA loves stuff like this. Also, Lbj going to the Lakers in a trade this season, will shut him out of going to the Final's; giving the nae sayers ammunition that if Lbj was in the West he wouldn't have made it to the Final's 7 straight times.

Lbj plans everything out, he will only join a team that is stack.

Lbj & Kawhi isn't enough to beat GS.

Westbrook, Lbj, AD & above avg shooters, would be a good starting point.

Yeah, both of you guys are actually right. Just had to rethink it through and it makes zero sense for Lakers to give up Ball in a trade for LeBron if LeBron is going to sign there anyways. I still think trading Ball is a good idea if LeBron comes knocking to your team. Maybe package Ball+Deng+Clarkson to a FA who desperately wants out next season. Magic is already trying to get Clarkson to win sixth man so I believe his plan is to pump up Clarksons stats vs bench players so he can get a team to take him and Deng.

IndyRealist
08-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Now you know how we felt all summer.

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 08:42 AM

might wanna worry about making the playoffs lol

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 08:44 AM

truth. have been saying this to people lately myself.

R. Johnson#3
08-17-2017, 08:54 AM
With all the tweets aside the writing is on the wall that Lebron is leaving. Griffin gets canned, Kyrie wants out, Melo didn't want in and all their signings this off-season have been for washed up players that no contender would be fighting over. I look forward to reading the players tribune article next July where Lebron throws every teammate under the bus except for Dahntay Jones because he doesn't want to get undercut in the future.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 09:08 AM

nah...

If Cleveland wants one of those two they have to take deng and probably Clarkson

something like

deng / Clarkson / Ingram / Brewer / first rounder for LBJ / TT

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=yb68pd2e

Leftcoast_yg
08-17-2017, 09:22 AM

No Lebron isn't going to be telling the Lakers front office what to do. Don't come to LA nobody wants you here.

Me and Mr. T
08-17-2017, 09:26 AM
He's not going to win another ring no matter what he does. GS will win at least the next 2 or 3 finals as long as nobody gets hurt.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 09:30 AM
He's not going to win another ring no matter what he does. GS will win at least the next 2 or 3 finals as long as nobody gets hurt.

meh... they will be the favorites this year... after that it isn't clear cut because so many top tier guys are FA's next year and could combine to take them down...

they will be in the top 3 for the next 3 years barring injury but a lot changes in the NBA and quickly

RowBTrice
08-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Anyone with half a brain already knew he was leaving Cleveland again after they lost the finals this past year. He's a runner, always looking for the bigger better team, always looking for the easiest way. This is not news.

RowBTrice
08-17-2017, 09:58 AM
Can't wait to watch the fall out in Cleveland when it's officially announced next off season. Should make for some great people watching.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 10:24 AM
LeBron should just waive his no trade clause and pick his team and get it over with. Its just gonna be a circus all season. Yeah he probably doesn't want his new team gutted. But a chance his new team don't have the capspace to have a big 3 either. Lakers can if they dump Deng, Clarkson, Randle but that will take picks or Ball or Ingram. I bet Suns would eat Deng if Ball was included for Bledsoe. Steep price. But Deng is dead weight. Clarkson isn't a asset either more less negative with his contract.

Randle could of been a asset a season or so ago. But now he's gonna be RFA after this season. Not many gullible teams to eat dead weight. Nets look strapped here on out. 76ers doing 1 year deals till their ready for greatness. So that doesn't leave many gullible front office's ready to bend over. Also a good chunk of the league is capped out next season. So Lakers would need to do some wheeling and dealing this season to trade for expiring contracts or trade for the stars this season.

GREATNESS ONE
08-17-2017, 10:28 AM
We're not trading Lonzo. Get over it.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 10:36 AM
We're not trading Lonzo. Get over it.

Well its gonna take Ball or Ingram or two first round picks to dump Deng. Also Clarkson probably wont be dumped for free either. If Lakers want a big3 they will have to compromise. They may keep Ball for the circus sideshow of his Dad. But Ingram will be out the door.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 10:44 AM
Pick Swaps
2018 Owe first-rounder to Boston Celtic (Steve Nash, Brandon Knight, Jayson Tatum), may go to Philadelphia 76ers if first or sixth and beyond.
2018 Owe second-rounder to Orlando Magic (Dwight Howard), may go to Brooklyn Nets (Jeff Weltman, DeMarre Carroll).
2018 Owed second-rounder from Denver Nuggets (Randy Foye, Kirk Hinrich, Jose Calderon).
2019 Owed second-rounder from Chicago Bulls (Jose Calderon).
2019 Owe second-rounder to Cleveland Cavaliers (Roy Hibbert, Rakeem Christmas), may go to Portland Trail Blazers (Anderson Varejao).

http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

Earliest first round pick to be traded is 2019 then another in 2021. That's far out. But I guess that team can hope the Lakers new big3 is old and declines fast. LeBron could age fast in the west. Not like how he can coast in the weak east.

*edit* Actually with the Stepien rule. Pick gone in 2018. They have to keep their own in 2019. So 2020 and 2022 is the first two picks that can be dealt. Or select a player on draft night then trade him.

COOLbeans
08-17-2017, 11:07 AM

You think LeBron leaves?

Hey, maybe you can be a Cavs fan next year!

COOLbeans
08-17-2017, 11:10 AM
Big deal. He's a goner. He walks or picks a team for a trade. Not rocket science. Trade him now the better. If he walks ya get nothing. But maybe better then taking dead weight to.

Lebron is the biggest little douche in NBA history. whenever things get tough this dude changes team. He is a terrible leader. A great basketball player, but horrible at the intangibles which keep him off Mt Rushmore, and definitely outside of the top 8 all time. He's outside of my top 10 based on this and a couple of other factors.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 11:13 AM
http://www.basketballinsiders.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

Earliest first round pick to be traded is 2019 then another in 2021. That's far out. But I guess that team can hope the Lakers new big3 is old and declines fast. LeBron could age fast in the west. Not like how he can coast in the weak east.

*edit* Actually with the Stepien rule. Pick gone in 2018. They have to keep their own in 2019. So 2020 and 2022 is the first two picks that can be dealt. Or select a player on draft night then trade him.

they can trade 19 after the draft but they can trade it now if they just pick up a 1st from someone else... you don't have to have your pick ... just a pick in the first to get around that rule...

I doubt the Lakers gut the team though... the only advantage of doing a trade is to dump deng and have LeBron opt in to save money... I still think deng goes in an okc deal for pg13 after the season.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:26 AM

I don't think he does the Ball trade because he would be coming that summer regardless. If he doesn't want to play with Ball package him and maybe even Ingram for a star player like AD. Deng and Clarkson can be dumped using picks and Randle possibly. If AD doesn't get it done maybe dangle Ball and look at guys like Wall/Lillard or go after Westbrook in FA.

If they can dump Deng and Clarkson using Randle picks and maybe Kuzma, they can offer one year deals to Westbrook/CP3 PG and LeBron so they can sign the 5 year super max the next summer. Then turn around and trade Ball Ingram and filler for AD and use the exception on a 3 and D player.

Westbrook or CP3
MLE
PG
LeBron
AD

Then go after vets for the minimum (Wade/Brook Lopez/etc.)

I'm almost positive there will be a new super team built around LeBron next season whenever he is (it won't be Cleveland).

Him and Kawhi would **** the Warriors up.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 11:27 AM
they can trade 19 after the draft but they can trade it now if they just pick up a 1st from someone else... you don't have to have your pick ... just a pick in the first to get around that rule...

I doubt the Lakers gut the team though... the only advantage of doing a trade is to dump deng and have LeBron opt in to save money... I still think deng goes in an okc deal for pg13 after the season.

Why would Thunder eat Deng? Also what's the asset? Thunder already got dead weight in Kanter and Adams. Doubt they want Deng piled onto that. Thunder probably rather see PG13 walk then stuck with dead weight. Their not a tank team. Maybe if Ingram and Deng for PG13 maybe. But Deng for some random future first isn't to enticing especially if Lakers get a big3. Also PG13 maybe prefers to stay with Thunder if Westbrook stays.

So Lakers could be SOL if things don't go as planned. Also its a bit risky for Lakers to part with future picks when and if LeBron goes there. He most likely be on the decline within 2 to 3 years easily. Not sure what other banana boat buddies end up with him. Wade is on the decline. Harden and CP3 probably stay with Rockets. Melo only wants Rockets. LeBron is close with Bledsoe as well. But Lakers already have Ball.

Unless Bledsoe at SG? Yeah I know they can add a pick then trade their own. But do the Lakers own any thing that would fetch a first from another team? Nance? Doubt it. Maybe very late first if lucky. Randle be a risk. Clarkson isn't worth a first. Would cost a first to dump him.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:31 AM
truth. have been saying this to people lately myself.

Both of you would be ecstatic if he joined your team.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 11:34 AM
Why would Thunder eat Deng? Also what's the asset? Thunder already got dead weight in Kanter and Adams. Doubt they want Deng piled onto that. Thunder probably rather see PG13 walk then stuck with dead weight. Their not a tank team. Maybe if Ingram and Deng for PG13 maybe. But Deng for some random future first isn't to enticing especially if Lakers get a big3. Also PG13 maybe prefers to stay with Thunder if Westbrook stays.

So Lakers could be SOL if things don't go as planned. Also its a bit risky for Lakers to part with future picks when and if LeBron goes there. He most likely be on the decline within 2 to 3 years easily. Not sure what other banana boat buddies end up with him. Wade is on the decline. Harden and CP3 probably stay with Rockets. Melo only wants Rockets. LeBron is close with Bledsoe as well. But Lakers already have Ball.

Unless Bledsoe at SG? Yeah I know they can add a pick then trade their own. But do the Lakers own any thing that would fetch a first from another team? Nance? Doubt it. Maybe very late first if lucky. Randle be a risk. Clarkson isn't worth a first. Would cost a first to dump him.

it isn't gonna take ball or ingram to get PG13 in a post season trade if he says he is leaving

Deng/1st/Zubac or Nance or kuzma

The lakers aren't operating in a vacuum ... it is assumed full blown tampering is going on...

As for a first right now? Lakers could trade Randle today for a pick in the 22-30 range for nothing else

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:37 AM
Hey, maybe you can be a Cavs fan next year!

Nah.....WE GONE!!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 11:40 AM
I don't think he does the Ball trade because he would be coming that summer regardless. If he doesn't want to play with Ball package him and maybe even Ingram for a star player like AD. Deng and Clarkson can be dumped using picks and Randle possibly. If AD doesn't get it done maybe dangle Ball and look at guys like Wall/Lillard or go after Westbrook in FA.

If they can dump Deng and Clarkson using Randle picks and maybe Kuzma, they can offer one year deals to Westbrook/CP3 PG and LeBron so they can sign the 5 year super max the next summer. Then turn around and trade Ball Ingram and filler for AD and use the exception on a 3 and D player.

Westbrook or CP3
MLE
PG
LeBron
AD

Then go after vets for the minimum (Wade/Brook Lopez/etc.)

I'm almost positive there will be a new super team built around LeBron next season whenever he is (it won't be Cleveland).

Him and Kawhi would **** the Warriors up.

That big4 would have to take a major discounts. Also doubt LeBron ever signs a 5 year deal. Not so sure Westbrook or PG 13 willing to take major discounts just yet. Thunder be better off just using picks to dump Kanter and Adams and use cap for a third star them selves.

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 11:47 AM
Both of you would be ecstatic if he joined your team.

no. i have made it very clear i want no part of the ego maniac on my team. **** him

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:48 AM
That big4 would have to take a major discounts. Also doubt LeBron ever signs a 5 year deal. Not so sure Westbrook or PG 13 willing to take major discounts just yet. Thunder be better off just using picks to dump Kanter and Adams and use cap for a third star them selves.

They will get their money's worth or more if they sign 1 year deals with the 5 year supermax the next year. If guys are serious about beating golden state then they'll have to take a paycut. They would all get like 27M that year which is still very good. Look at KD who just signed for 25M. AD would be acquired strictly through trade eating no cap.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 11:54 AM
They will get their money's worth or more if they sign 1 year deals with the 5 year supermax the next year. If guys are serious about beating golden state then they'll have to take a paycut. They would all get like 27M that year which is still very good. Look at KD who just signed for 25M. AD would be acquired strictly through trade eating no cap.

I believe in the CBA you cant hand out multiple 5 year deals same season. Also LeBron takes a 1 year deal or 2 with player option. Still doubt they get a big 4. Unless its a washed up big 4 like Wade and Melo with LeBron and one other star.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:56 AM
I believe in the CBA you cant hand out multiple 5 year deals same season. Also LeBron takes a 1 year deal or 2 with player option. Still doubt they get a big 4. Unless its a washed up big 4 like Wade and Melo with LeBron and one other star.

Wouldn't call Wade and Melo washed up. They're still good, just not as good as they used to be.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 12:01 PM
it isn't gonna take ball or ingram to get PG13 in a post season trade if he says he is leaving

Deng/1st/Zubac or Nance or kuzma

The lakers aren't operating in a vacuum ... it is assumed full blown tampering is going on...

As for a first right now? Lakers could trade Randle today for a pick in the 22-30 range for nothing else

If I was the Thunder's GM. I'd laugh and hang up. I'd be like rather have the cap slot for another star then eat Deng for a pick and random Euro stash. Probably takes two first's to dump Deng or a young star like Ball or Ingram. Also doubt Thunder wanna waste more cap on Deng when they got dead weight Kanter and Adams. I would say Thunder would rather let PG13 walk. Since after all the assets to land him were the pieces from the Magic for old man Ibaka. So Thunder didn't really give up much of anything.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-17-2017, 12:04 PM
Wouldn't call Wade and Melo washed up. They're still good, just not as good as they used to be.

Gotta know when to hold 'em and fold 'em. Wade and Melo aren't getting any younger. I wouldn't risk any major new contracts. Bulls finding out now with Wade's buyout.

lakers squad
08-17-2017, 12:19 PM

If he go's to the Lakers no doubt about it...He is going to want Ball there!

Leftcoast_yg
08-17-2017, 12:33 PM
no. i have made it very clear i want no part of the ego maniac on my team. **** him

I echo this as a Lakers fan.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 12:39 PM
If I was the Thunder's GM. I'd laugh and hang up. I'd be like rather have the cap slot for another star then eat Deng for a pick and random Euro stash. Probably takes two first's to dump Deng or a young star like Ball or Ingram. Also doubt Thunder wanna waste more cap on Deng when they got dead weight Kanter and Adams. I would say Thunder would rather let PG13 walk. Since after all the assets to land him were the pieces from the Magic for old man Ibaka. So Thunder didn't really give up much of anything.

laugh all you want ... it is market rate pretty much... Deng will be easier to move next offseason anyway since he will only have two years left on his deal...

and don't tell me you are delusional enough to think if PG13 leaves that russ won't be right behind him heading out the door...

The NBA is a joke and small market teams with financially strapped owners like OKC are gonna get squeezed...

If I was OKC I would put the team up for sale now with PG13 and Russ still there and hope to get a massive offer.

FlashBolt
08-17-2017, 12:43 PM
No one has explained how LeBron+Ball can play together and I don't think LeBron is willing to let a rookie take over ball-handling duties.

valade16
08-17-2017, 12:58 PM
Even if it could theoretically happen which it can't cap wise.

Is it sad that if LeBron and Melo joined the Blazers to make a Lillard - McCollum - Bron - Melo - Nurkic team, I'm still not sure they'd beat the Warriors lol

RowBTrice
08-17-2017, 01:20 PM

Take off the blinders. Wade is absolutely washed up.

Vee-Rex
08-17-2017, 01:21 PM
Even if it could theoretically happen which it can't cap wise.

Is it sad that if LeBron and Melo joined the Blazers to make a Lillard - McCollum - Bron - Melo - Nurkic team, I'm still not sure they'd beat the Warriors lol

It just goes to show that GS is not only the team with the most talent in the league, but they fit and work together almost flawlessly. Just combining a bunch of stars together to oppose them won't be enough.

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 01:24 PM
laugh all you want ... it is market rate pretty much... Deng will be easier to move next offseason anyway since he will only have two years left on his deal...

and don't tell me you are delusional enough to think if PG13 leaves that russ won't be right behind him heading out the door...

The NBA is a joke and small market teams with financially strapped owners like OKC are gonna get squeezed...

If I was OKC I would put the team up for sale now with PG13 and Russ still there and hope to get a massive offer.

why in the world would they offer up Russ and PG now and just give up making an strong profit on the season and have a chance to contend for the WCF. Russ isnt going anywhere barring some unexpected dreadful season and if the pairing works PG will stay and someone will join em.

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Yeah, both of you guys are actually right. Just had to rethink it through and it makes zero sense for Lakers to give up Ball in a trade for LeBron if LeBron is going to sign there anyways. I still think trading Ball is a good idea if LeBron comes knocking to your team. Maybe package Ball+Deng+Clarkson to a FA who desperately wants out next season. Magic is already trying to get Clarkson to win sixth man so I believe his plan is to pump up Clarksons stats vs bench players so he can get a team to take him and Deng.

LeBron and Ball don't make the best fit, although I do think Ball will be a decent shooter. I almost wonder if the Warriors would be willing to trade Thompson for Ball. They're only going to have more and more trouble keeping their core together with all those max contracts. Ball would get more chances to handle the ball on the Warriors. I could see Thompson being the top scorer on the Lakers.

SfgiantsJD3
08-17-2017, 02:06 PM
Maybe LB and Irving met to discuss how to drive the value of the Cavs down so they could buy it and both stay there. Now that would be a great drama to watch.

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 02:07 PM
why would the Lakers do that? GSW is gonna have to live with the reality they likely wont be able to keep that core intact. Klay is the most replaceable of the group and will get a big offer so he will prob bolt.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 02:19 PM
Take off the blinders. Wade is absolutely washed up.

He's not but, if you're like the rest of the terrible Bulls fans, I can see why you would say this. If you don't think he would be good in a Ginobli role, you're blind.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 02:20 PM
And RowBTrice let me guess, you think Rose is better?

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 02:21 PM
No one has explained how LeBron+Ball can play together and I don't think LeBron is willing to let a rookie take over ball-handling duties.

Doesn't matter, you don't trade an asset like Ball for LeBron when LeBron is already coming anyways. Worst case, try and package him for another star.

RowBTrice
08-17-2017, 02:40 PM
And RowBTrice let me guess, you think Rose is better?

lol what? Rose is absolutely washed up too. I'm not a homer bulls fan. I realize ownership and front office are a joke and can't help but continuously suck at their jobs. i.e. signing a washed up wade to a ridiculous contract would be one example.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 04:43 PM
lol what? Rose is absolutely washed up too. I'm not a homer bulls fan. I realize ownership and front office are a joke and can't help but continuously suck at their jobs. i.e. signing a washed up wade to a ridiculous contract would be one example.

It's going to be lonely at the bottom for you all. I honestly can't wait.

Leftcoast_yg
08-17-2017, 04:45 PM

If you play with fire you will get burned.

RowBTrice
08-17-2017, 05:03 PM
If you play with fire you will get burned.

is this directed at me or Bulls Mgmt?

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 07:18 PM
why in the world would they offer up Russ and PG now and just give up making an strong profit on the season and have a chance to contend for the WCF. Russ isnt going anywhere barring some unexpected dreadful season and if the pairing works PG will stay and someone will join em.

I think you are misunderstanding... not saying they are gonna get rid of russ... just that they should sell while they have both guys... the okc financial situation is tenuous at best and if they lose those guys in the post season they will have a hard time moving forward.

Pg in okc probably has moderate success but I doubt they get past the second round... they have no shooters which is still their biggest issue

SfgiantsJD3
08-17-2017, 07:33 PM
So what's the over under on LBJ announcing informally immediately or as soon as allowed vs. waiting until LA signs others? Will it be August next year while LeBron is still negotiating?

The Decision2, drama coming after the Finals. I can hear it now, 10 minutes after the game, the first question is what do you think of LeBron going to LA

So we need some early prop bets
1) When does LeBron Announce
2) When is the first Question asked about LeBron after the finals are over regardless of who wins loses

Bostonjorge
08-18-2017, 12:43 AM

James will play the Green role for Waltons offense. Like Green James will get to run the offense with set plays. Not the dive and have 4 guys spread out waiting for a open shot. The offense will be ran by James at the 5 position. Ball will walk up the Ball but James will start the plays. The offense will get James open shots and not make James get everyone else open shots. They can get James in scoring positions especially down low. When James sits the offense can still be effective because the offense it's not centered around James driving and dissing.

The best part is James won't have to guard the best ball handlers either. George will get that job. George will have less shots but still get super key matchups like guarding KD. Matchups like that will keep George happy with all the media exposure he will get guarding the best players while taking less shots. That will let James only guard them on switchs and challenge everyone at the rim. Like his key block on Iggy. Keeping him fresh.

TheDish87
08-18-2017, 08:46 AM
I think you are misunderstanding... not saying they are gonna get rid of russ... just that they should sell while they have both guys... the okc financial situation is tenuous at best and if they lose those guys in the post season they will have a hard time moving forward.

Pg in okc probably has moderate success but I doubt they get past the second round... they have no shooters which is still their biggest issue

and im saying they shouldnt sell. the second they sell they lose money this season, they keep em they make a **** ton and have a chance to contend and retain them. easy choice. i hate that so many people (mainly LA fans) buy into the media narratives that every single player wants to be a Laker.

Vinylman
08-18-2017, 10:20 AM
and im saying they shouldnt sell. the second they sell they lose money this season, they keep em they make a **** ton and have a chance to contend and retain them. easy choice. i hate that so many people (mainly LA fans) buy into the media narratives that every single player wants to be a Laker.

you still aren't understanding... nowhere have I suggested that they trade anyone ... they should play out the year with these guys AND SELL THE TEAM!!!

I don't think that PG or westie will end up in LA ... I do think if PG leaves to go somewhere that BOTH will leave and at that point OKC is screwed because they will never be able to attract the players to be competitive.

The only way I see PG coming via a trade is after the season and only if he opts in and OKC would want to get something for him... if they don't he won't be traded

Leftcoast_yg
08-18-2017, 10:44 AM
is this directed at me or Bulls Mgmt?

Bulls mgmt

TheDish87
08-18-2017, 11:00 AM
you still aren't understanding... nowhere have I suggested that they trade anyone ... they should play out the year with these guys AND SELL THE TEAM!!!

I don't think that PG or westie will end up in LA ... I do think if PG leaves to go somewhere that BOTH will leave and at that point OKC is screwed because they will never be able to attract the players to be competitive.

The only way I see PG coming via a trade is after the season and only if he opts in and OKC would want to get something for him... if they don't he won't be traded

you should clarify sell as n sell the team next time. but they still make a whole lot more money than most realize for a small market.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-18-2017, 12:43 PM
I think LeBron will mess up and be left out of two banana boats. Just all speculation on my part. Melo eventually is traded to Rockets. They have their big 3 banana boat. Westbrook and PG13 stay together. I think Thunder may even package a pick or two and trade Adams or Kanter and get another guy in as well. Melo should waive his no trade clause for Thunder as well. Then they sign Wade after his buyout. Thunder be decent. Maybe not enough to take out Warriors. But its a start.

Dade County
08-18-2017, 01:37 PM
I think LeBron will mess up and be left out of two banana boats. Just all speculation on my part. Melo eventually is traded to Rockets. They have their big 3 banana boat. Westbrook and PG13 stay together. I think Thunder may even package a pick or two and trade Adams or Kanter and get another guy in as well. Melo should waive his no trade clause for Thunder as well. Then they sign Wade after his buyout. Thunder be decent. Maybe not enough to take out Warriors. But its a start.

Why would they stay in OKC though? Maybe I should say, why would PG13 stay in OKC?

Todays players will not let their future be determine by these teams anymore. Just because Paul was traded there doesn't mean he will have any emotional ties to that team. It's not his fault he was traded to OKC.

OKC had it's golden chance, they shouldn't have traded Harden. They deserve what they get, and if that is being a bottom 4 team for years to come if Westbrook leaves, thats on them.

WaDe03
08-18-2017, 02:07 PM

I think you're confused on what the banana boat refers too.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-18-2017, 07:33 PM
Whats wrong with a big 2 on the Thunder of Westbrook and PG13. I think PG 13 stays.

JordansBulls
08-18-2017, 08:45 PM
I don't think there is a dumber organization than the Bulls. The fact you trade Jimmy and now you are going to buy out a guy who is actually the best player on the team and just give them like 15+ million to go away is beyond stupid.

Dade County
08-19-2017, 12:36 AM
I don't think there is a dumber organization than the Bulls. The fact you trade Jimmy and now you are going to buy out a guy who is actually the best player on the team and just give them like 15+ million to go away is beyond stupid.

They save 9mil...

Also if they had waited, they could have traded Jimmy for Kyrie. But, really that's like almost the same situation, both players having 2yrs left on their contract.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2017, 01:36 AM

I agree the Bulls are horribly ran and make many dumb moves, they're honestly right up there with the Knicks and Kings. But now that they've finally committed to the rebuild, buying out Wade is the right thing to do. They get to give their young guys his minutes to develop, and he won't be there to help them win a few more games so their draft pick should be better in the draft. While also saving whatever money the difference between his 24m and the buyout agreement comes to obviously.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2017, 01:41 AM

no doubt :laugh2:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-19-2017, 08:46 AM

I think not. Banana boat is based on LeBron,Wade,CP3 on vacation in 2015 in the Bahamas. They were riding a water craft that looked like fruit shape banana. Back to what I'm saying as speculation and be funny. LeBron left going down with the ship as figure of speech. CP3 probably like Rockets and deep in the playoffs and stays. Wade is up in the air. Wade could go on 1 year deal to Cavs. But why? Cavs be trading Irving. LeBron may bolt. Love next guy traded by next summer. So it be pointless to go to Cavs for Wade. Also seems the banana boat gets larger when buddies of buddies always suggested to be paired up.

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 11:25 AM
Banana boat is Wade LeBron CP3 and Melo. They are all FAs this next summer and it has nothing to do with Bledsoe or any other player. There can't be 2 banana boat teams either, it has to be all 4 to be considered.

CityofTreez
08-19-2017, 03:07 PM

No one will explain this...

Most Laker fans are blindly loyal to an unproven rookie, and hate LeBron. They've devoted years to disprove him.
But, if he was to be acquired, then we will hear about how they could mesh, but nothing to speak about until it happens.

lakers squad
08-19-2017, 04:32 PM

There is alot of Magic happening in L.A. right now, it has nothing to do w the media beside's alot of reports. Don't put anything past Magic, we finally have someone who go's out and get's it done running this ship for a change!

TheDish87
08-21-2017, 01:38 PM
i forgot Magic has that impressive track record as a team Pres....

Vee-Rex
08-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Banana boat buddies are 'Bron, CP3, Wade, and Melo. They're the four buddies (even though it was only 'Bron, Gabrielle Union, Wade, and CP3 on the actual banana boat).

I like to call them the Banana Boat Butt Buddies but some dude on here had a meltdown and raged incessantly when I did that once. :shrug:

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 05:07 PM
Banana boat buddies are 'Bron, CP3, Wade, and Melo. They're the four buddies (even though it was only 'Bron, Gabrielle Union, Wade, and CP3 on the actual banana boat).

I like to call them the Banana Boat Butt Buddies but some dude on here had a meltdown and raged incessantly when I did that once. :shrug:

I heard they were changing their name to Banana Boat Butt Pirates.

Vee-Rex
09-25-2017, 03:47 PM
https://twitter.com/AmicoHoops/status/912363551670579205

But but but... LeBron is GAIRANTEEEEED TO BE GONE!!!

FlashBolt
09-25-2017, 03:49 PM

I really think Kyrie leaving Cavs helped their chances... LeBron sees lots of potential with Cleveland - especially if they get a crazy high 2018 pick.

Vee-Rex
09-29-2017, 04:01 PM
Now that it has been announced Westbrook is signing a max extension, do people still feel the same way?

Is it still guaranteed LeBron is gone?

FlashBolt
09-29-2017, 04:13 PM
Now that it has been announced Westbrook is signing a max extension, do people still feel the same way?

Is it still guaranteed LeBron is gone?

I still think LeBron goes to the Lakers IF they lose. I don't know if Cavs win or lose this season but he's gone if they lose, IMO.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-29-2017, 04:27 PM
LeBron's easy path is the east till my Bucks knock him out. Lakers cant even unload Deng yet. Let lone Clarkson. Randle is a wasted asset now since he's RFA next summer. Lakers don't have much to dump Clarkson or Deng. Deng takes two first's or Ball or Ingram and a pick in the discussions. Nothing less in my opinion.

GREATNESS ONE
09-29-2017, 05:27 PM
Man I Hope Cavs trade that Nets pick for a Demarcus Cousins or a high caliber player. They could really get much better by making that move.

I still feel the same way, if Cavs lose I think he leaves. If I was the Cavs, I would move all my chips in and go for it.

ewing
09-29-2017, 07:20 PM

wow a better situation might not come along and he might stay. loyal dude

Sssmush
09-29-2017, 07:58 PM
LeBron's easy path is the east till my Bucks knock him out. Lakers cant even unload Deng yet. Let lone Clarkson. Randle is a wasted asset now since he's RFA next summer. Lakers don't have much to dump Clarkson or Deng. Deng takes two first's or Ball or Ingram and a pick in the discussions. Nothing less in my opinion.

stop trying to make excuses for current Laker management or shift blame backwards. Magic and Rob Lowe have had control of the team for a while now.

The Lakers DID NOT, repeat, unequivocally DID NOT have to trade D'Angelo Russell to dump Mosgov. They made that trade because they were being all snarky and had been *****y about D'Angelo joking around or trying to be a fun player/personality etc and hadn't won any Laker championships yet I guess (although he very much wanted to be a Laker). Also D'Angelo was Jim Buss and Mitch's guy so they were making a statement. Also if you want to bring in Lonzo Ball and you have a (very likely) better point guard there, or at least one who is a better shooter and more seasoned in the NBA, then you could argue that would inhibit Lonzo's development or whatever, since he is not a clear cut superstar where the hierarchy will just automatically shift.

Also as I've pointed out, Mosgov had real value as a solid center or backup center, could get minutes on any team in the league. Somewhat overpriced, but realistically is just at the high end of salaries for good role players. Lakers might've been able to get Lopez straight up for Mosgov (who was unrestricted and Brk did not want to lose for nothing) and also Mosgov is Russian or whatever.

Now Deng... for me it is not just the contract but rather how absurdly bad of a non-player Deng seemed like last year. Which makes him a buyout, or if he is somewhat decent he could be a tradeline salary dump, or by the tradeline after that he starts to look like a valuable expiring for another team to dump salary.

But yeah if I was GM I would probably just waive him because ugggghhhhhhh what a waste of a roster spot. However if Magic trades Ball or Ingram to dump deng just to get some salary cap for free agents that aren't coming anyway, then that idiocy is all on Magic end of story

Scoots
09-30-2017, 11:47 AM
stop trying to make excuses for current Laker management or shift blame backwards. Magic and Rob Lowe have had control of the team for a while now.

The Lakers DID NOT, repeat, unequivocally DID NOT have to trade D'Angelo Russell to dump Mosgov. They made that trade because they were being all snarky and had been *****y about D'Angelo joking around or trying to be a fun player/personality etc and hadn't won any Laker championships yet I guess (although he very much wanted to be a Laker). Also D'Angelo was Jim Buss and Mitch's guy so they were making a statement. Also if you want to bring in Lonzo Ball and you have a (very likely) better point guard there, or at least one who is a better shooter and more seasoned in the NBA, then you could argue that would inhibit Lonzo's development or whatever, since he is not a clear cut superstar where the hierarchy will just automatically shift.

Also as I've pointed out, Mosgov had real value as a solid center or backup center, could get minutes on any team in the league. Somewhat overpriced, but realistically is just at the high end of salaries for good role players. Lakers might've been able to get Lopez straight up for Mosgov (who was unrestricted and Brk did not want to lose for nothing) and also Mosgov is Russian or whatever.

Now Deng... for me it is not just the contract but rather how absurdly bad of a non-player Deng seemed like last year. Which makes him a buyout, or if he is somewhat decent he could be a tradeline salary dump, or by the tradeline after that he starts to look like a valuable expiring for another team to dump salary.

But yeah if I was GM I would probably just waive him because ugggghhhhhhh what a waste of a roster spot. However if Magic trades Ball or Ingram to dump deng just to get some salary cap for free agents that aren't coming anyway, then that idiocy is all on Magic end of story

My guess is that if Deng was waived he'd end up on a contender pretty quickly. He, like Wade, needs to be on limited minutes in a specialized role. But he can still play NBA ball.

Westbrook36
09-30-2017, 11:54 AM

Mozgov has absolutely zero value at his current salary for another 3 years until he's like 34. He's decent off the bench in the 17-20 MPG role. The Lakers had to give up something of real value to get rid of his contract..that's for certain.

You can't trade deadline dump Deng without giving up value either. Nobody wants to pay him for the next three years as he's not an expiring contract.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-30-2017, 12:17 PM

Lakers would have to stretch him. I guess a buyout could happen. But usually when its multiple years its stretched.

Luol Deng
$17,190,000
$18,000,000
$18,810,000

That's like $54M. So stretch goes up to what like 5 years? That's like $10.8M per for five years stretched. That's still a big hit to the cap to lure in 3 super max guys.

prodigy
09-30-2017, 01:06 PM
Lebron will no question leave Cleveland. I mean there is 41 road games. plus vacations etc...

ewing
09-30-2017, 01:51 PM
If LeBron has the opportunity to stack the deck in his favor he leaves. If not he stays.

IndyRealist
09-30-2017, 02:05 PM
Lakers would have to stretch him. I guess a buyout could happen. But usually when its multiple years its stretched.

Luol Deng
$17,190,000
$18,000,000
$18,810,000

That's like $54M. So stretch goes up to what like 5 years? That's like $10.8M per for five years stretched. That's still a big hit to the cap to lure in 3 super max guys.

Stretch is double plus one. So 7 years in this case. It's far better to wait a year and stretch two years to 5, or one year to 3. The cap hit will still be enormous for a long time right now.

LA_Raiders
09-30-2017, 02:33 PM
Yes, he will leave to another stacked team. Houston or may be OKC. Celtics are out of question now.

Vinylman
09-30-2017, 02:54 PM
Lakers aren't stretching Deng no matter what... they either trade him to get cap space because they have someone to sign or he stays on the roster again next year...

there is no scenario where he would get stretched even next summer... zero

TheDish87
10-02-2017, 01:30 PM

this is a load of ****. Moz had no value and Russ (or someone like Clarkson, Randle) had to be attached in order to move him. this is just homer non sense

MILLERHIGHLIFE
10-03-2017, 08:37 AM
Mozgov been negative value before that ink dried.

Vinylman
10-03-2017, 09:40 AM
Mozgov been negative value before that ink dried.

yep... he would have been fine on a two year deal at that price but 4 years was ridiculous