PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade expected to reach buyout before the season starts

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 01:59 PM

Where do you think he ends up? Does he sign with a contender or go ahead and go to the team he plans on signing with next summer?

This could tell us a lot about his and the banana boat crews future plans. If he signs with the Lakers, it tells me him and at least LeBron are going to look to build something there.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2017, 02:03 PM
always been a fan of Wade, but at this point, he doesn't make it move.

ewing
08-16-2017, 02:04 PM
just retire

Hawkeye15
08-16-2017, 02:08 PM
just retire

seriously. His old lady makes plenty of money.

hotdalton18
08-16-2017, 02:14 PM
just retire

Why? He was still better then most SG's last year

valade16
08-16-2017, 02:17 PM
Didn't he opt in to his contract for this year?

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:19 PM

Looks like they're saying before the season starts.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:20 PM
just retire

I take back what I said to you in the BFF thread!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 02:20 PM
Lakers should trade for him but I guess Bulls wanna buy him out.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:21 PM
always been a fan of Wade, but at this point, he doesn't make it move.

He can help any contender off the bench in the Manu role. He's still near the top of SGs and still very clutch. Cleveland probably wishes they would've had him to help close that terrible end to game 3 of the finals.

warfelg
08-16-2017, 02:21 PM
Next few months....so descriptive.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:23 PM

Yes but he can still be bought out. My guess is, he for sure wasn't getting that on the market and no contender has cap space. This way he gets a good amount of money and can sign with a contender, if that's what he wants.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:26 PM

They just came out and said before the season, I'll change it

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 02:28 PM
Curious where he goes. Spurs or Cavs or Rockets. My Bucks are in the tax.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:29 PM
Mods can you change title to say before the start of the season instead of in the next few months? It's not letting me change for some reason.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:30 PM
Curious where he goes. Spurs or Cavs or Rockets. My Bucks are in the tax.

I wish he would've went to your Bucks last year as opposed to Chicago.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2017, 02:44 PM
He can help any contender off the bench in the Manu role. He's still near the top of SGs and still very clutch. Cleveland probably wishes they would've had him to help close that terrible end to game 3 of the finals.

despite what you said, it still didn't move

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 02:50 PM
Bucks could use the stretch provision for expiring Hawes. Just read a article about that. Also Gary Payton II is nonguaranteed. So Wade could get more then vet minimum with us. Besides the cash from the Bulls buyout.

Brogdon, Wade ,Middleton, Giannis, Maker

rhino17
08-16-2017, 02:51 PM
IDK why he would even bother

He has already won a ring as the man, and more as a #2. He is playing in his home town now, he has nothing left to prove, he should just stay or sign wherever he wants to live and make the most money he can.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:54 PM
despite what you said, it still didn't move

We're coming to Minny!

HandsOnTheWheel
08-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Either he goes somewhere where he can be close to his family while getting an adequate role on whatever team he signs with, or he signs with GS to have a much lesser role but wanting that 4th ring.

Cavs, Heat, Spurs, Bucks, and W's comes to mind right off the bat.

Scoots
08-16-2017, 03:15 PM
Mods can you change title to say before the start of the season instead of in the next few months? It's not letting me change for some reason.

Done

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 03:18 PM

He has already won a ring as the man, and more as a #2. He is playing in his home town now, he has nothing left to prove, he should just stay or sign wherever he wants to live and make the most money he can.

Ultimate competitors though, a lot of these guys only play for rings at this point.

Scoots
Either he goes somewhere where he can be close to his family while also playing a prominent role on the team he signs with, or he signs with GS to have a much lesser role but wanting that 4th ring.

Cavs, Heat, Spurs, Bucks, and W's comes to mind right off the bat.

GS has no roster space ... they'd have to cut someone, likely with full pay, just to sign Wade, and I don't see a role for him with the vets they already have.

WaDe03
Done

Thanks, mod GOAT! :nod:

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 03:26 PM
When Wiggins is traded in a deal for Kyrie and Wade is signed by the Wolves to fill that hole at SG >>>>

Kyrie
Wade
Jimmy
Taj/Dieng
Towns

valade16
08-16-2017, 03:33 PM
Yes but he can still be bought out. My guess is, he for sure wasn't getting that on the market and no contender has cap space. This way he gets a good amount of money and can sign with a contender, if that's what he wants.

Good on him for getting his money but that is cold blooded.

"You don't want me here. I don't want to be here, but I'm still opting in so you have to pay me a ****-ton to leave"

lol

HandsOnTheWheel
08-16-2017, 03:38 PM
GS has no roster space ... they'd have to cut someone, likely with full pay, just to sign Wade, and I don't see a role for him with the vets they already have.

They can easily trade a young bench guy for cash to avoid dead cap , that's not the issue

I think that Wade would be great for GS. Doesn't need to play a huge role, played great last year with JB and a bunch of nobodies, and has a ton of championship experience playing with all time greats. Wouldn't put it past GS to make it happen.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 03:48 PM

"You don't want me here. I don't want to be here, but I'm still opting in so you have to pay me a ****-ton to leave"

lol

lol I agree. I think things went sour when Wade got there and saw how things were ran from the inside. Easily a bottom 2 FO in the league and Gar seems like a damn crook. Wade and Jimmy wanted to build something in Chicago but I think their mindsets changed as the season went on.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 03:49 PM
They can easily trade a young bench guy for cash to avoid dead cap , that's not the issue

I think that Wade would be great for GS. Doesn't need to play a huge role, played great last year with JB and a bunch of nobodies, and has a ton of championship experience playing with all time greats. Wouldn't put it past GS to make it happen.

I'm almost positive he wouldn't go to GS. He would probably team up with LeBron or go somewhere that they've planned to team up on to try and take down GS.

Chronz
08-16-2017, 04:51 PM

Yeah, the conspiracy theory is that he did so in advance of the deadline to opt-in/out to such a degree because he wanted the excuse of being able to say he did so when Butler was still on the team but now he wants out because the Bull are rebuilding, maybe he can allude to the notion that he was brought here with the intention of helping a playoff team grow into a contender. Wade's had his moments of pragmatism, Ill give him that.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:10 PM
Hopefully it's before the start of training camp so we have time to get settled in and get comfortable.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:11 PM
OKC has a huge hole at SG but I doubt that happens.

Scoots
08-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Hopefully it's before the start of training camp so we have time to get settled in and get comfortable.

LOL :nod:

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:43 PM
LOL :nod:

:dance:

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 05:45 PM

Whitesides thoughts on the matter lol

europagnpilgrim
08-16-2017, 06:48 PM

His mother who birth him or that transformer that he is so called married to? those hollywood transformers are something else I tell ya

SportsFanatic10
08-16-2017, 07:42 PM

He loves to play the game...I remember Spo said something like for every hour of court time in practice or a game Wade puts in 3 times that on his body just to try and maintain his bad knees and conditioning/health as he ages.

SportsFanatic10
08-16-2017, 07:44 PM

He's not going to want to ride out the year on one of the worst teams in the league for one of his last NBA seasons. He's too competitive for that like most of the greats...

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 07:52 PM
He loves to play the game...I remember Spo said something like for every hour of court time in practice or a game Wade puts in 3 times that on his body just to try and maintain his bad knees and conditioning/health as he ages.

People don't realize this though for some reason. One of the most underrated/under appreciated players ever.

GiantsSwaGG
08-16-2017, 08:02 PM
Bucks could use the stretch provision for expiring Hawes. Just read a article about that. Also Gary Payton II is nonguaranteed. So Wade could get more then vet minimum with us. Besides the cash from the Bulls buyout.

Brogdon, Wade ,Middleton, Giannis, Maker

That's a HORRIBLE fit. Wade off the ball at this stage of his career is below average, he needs to retire!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 08:40 PM
Better cheap fit.

Dade County
08-16-2017, 09:18 PM
HEAT!

I believe Wade will sign with Miami and be are 6 man. Probably play 24min a game, until Dec 15 hits; thats when Pat will try to pull off a trade using some of the free agents they just signed this off season.

We will need Wade to play more minutes after that, because are depth will be hit.

Also Miami getting Wade before the season starts, might lead to Wade talking to Melo. Miami sends Knicks Tyler Johnson for some 2nd rd picks, Knicks release Melo a week later, and Melo signs with the HEAT (back door handshake deal).

TrueFan420
08-16-2017, 09:33 PM

lol

See if I were the bulls I'd say no. I'd say you either play for us or you pay the full amount to buy out. But that's a bs move.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:53 PM
HEAT!

I believe Wade will sign with Miami and be are 6 man. Probably play 24min a game, until Dec 15 hits; thats when Pat will try to pull off a trade using some of the free agents they just signed this off season.

We will need Wade to play more minutes after that, because are depth will be hit.

Also Miami getting Wade before the season starts, might lead to Wade talking to Melo. Miami sends Knicks Tyler Johnson for some 2nd rd picks, Knicks release Melo a week later, and Melo signs with the HEAT (back door handshake deal).

So why not trade Tyler Johnson for Melo straight up with filler?

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:54 PM
Hopefully we start hearing some teams soon, camp is right around the corner. Many teams will be throwing offers to him.

FlashBolt
08-16-2017, 10:39 PM
Man, this was such a money grab since the beginning. They brought in Wade to mentor Butler but now Butler is gone and Wade is just... there. I like Wade but it's true, the guy can't play defense, can't shoot, and his physical state is just deteriorating rapidly along with his age. To maximize him, I think you have to have him come off as a sixth man. I would say he should go to the Spurs but he can't shoot like Manu can so any talks of him being able to play like Manu is just a no-no. He'll get you 15 points and rebounds/assists but no defense. Sixth man material.

valade16
08-16-2017, 10:49 PM

I'm not saying he doesn't love to play the game, but clearly he loves money more lol

Dade County
08-16-2017, 11:11 PM
So why not trade Tyler Johnson for Melo straight up with filler?

Hell No!

That contract is horrible..Knicks buy him out, & he signs with Miami on a vet min contract. He would have already gotten a good amount of this money.

Miami will be using those other contracts to try to pull of a trade, Dec 15.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 11:52 PM
Hell No!

That contract is horrible..Knicks buy him out, & he signs with Miami on a vet min contract. He would have already gotten a good amount o this money.

Miami will be using those other contracts to try to pull of a trade, Dec 15.

Lmao! Well good luck putting together an under the table deal like you said.

Ty Fast
08-16-2017, 11:53 PM
I know the Nuggets were really interested in him. Maybe a 1 year deal worth a nice chunk of change then hit the market with Bron and CP3. I'm just not sure how much cap space they have.

Ty Fast
08-16-2017, 11:57 PM
He's not going to want to ride out the year on one of the worst teams in the league for one of his last NBA seasons. He's too competitive for that like most of the greats...

I could see him taking the most money for 1 year.

Jeffy25
08-17-2017, 04:35 AM
Where should he go?

Houston? Cleveland? Miami? Sas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffy25
08-17-2017, 04:36 AM

And now Chicago has to pay him to not play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saddletramp
08-17-2017, 06:15 AM
Ryan Anderson gets traded for Carmelo (three team trade and others involved).
Eric Gordon and Ariza get traded for Lebron (other considerations involved).
D Wade gets bought out and signs with the Rockets.

CP3/Harden
Harden/Wade
Lebron/Tucker
Carmelo/Tucker(? Black?)
Capella/Nene

That could be really deadly, or a trainwreck.

Also, remember, these guys want to keep their Bird rights. Wade won't have it and if Lebron plays this year out and leaves he probably won't have it. I bet Carmelo and CP3 want to keep theirs, though. If the CP3/Harden experiment doesn't work, Paul might be traded at the deadline for literally anything.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 07:19 AM

yeah... the dude really went out on a limb

I would actually be surprised if he didn't wait awhile so he could collect more money and so if he plays well the bulls might get an offer they like...

doesn't make a lot of sense knowing what douches GARPAX are that they would do this unless he is going to walk away from a lot of the money

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 08:01 AM
See if I were the bulls I'd say no. I'd say you either play for us or you pay the full amount to buy out. But that's a bs move.

depends on how much they buy him out for... the bulls can be big players at the deadline this year as facilitators by taking on cap to get picks... if they can clear $10 million of his salary that will easily equate to a first rounder in a future trade.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:07 AM
Get us to a contender asap!

kobe4thewinbang
08-17-2017, 01:47 PM
Wade ain't going to the Lakers. Mainly because the Lakers don't want him.

Sure, they'd say the PC thing like "Dwyane is a tremendous talent that any team would love to have. His championship experience and veteran leadership..." but secretly they don't want his busted, old tush.

Can't blame the Bulls for being mad about offering him two years. Just shows how much tunnel vision that ownership/front office has.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 02:16 PM
Wade ain't going to the Lakers. Mainly because the Lakers don't want him.

Sure, they'd say the PC thing like "Dwyane is a tremendous talent that any team would love to have. His championship experience and veteran leadership..." but secretly they don't want his busted, old tush.

Can't blame the Bulls for being mad about offering him two years. Just shows how much tunnel vision that ownership/front office has.

You all have been trying to trade for that old busted tush this summer though lmao! He'd be a great 4th option on a championship level team and still has potential to take over games, especially in the 4th. But yea, the Lakers do want him, that's why they've been trying to trade for him.....

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2017, 05:17 PM

He could definitely help the Spurs, even as a starter, especially if he's willing to take on more of a playmaking role. The Clippers would also be a decent fit. He needs to play on a team with a lot of shooting, as I don't see him spreading the floor much in his twilight.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 05:20 PM
He could definitely help the Spurs, even as a starter, especially if he's willing to take on more of a playmaking role. The Clippers would also be a decent fit. He needs to play on a team with a lot of shooting, as I don't see him spreading the floor much in his twilight.

Improved 12-13% from 3 last year, interested to see if he can increase it some more this season.

More-Than-Most
08-17-2017, 06:17 PM
When Wiggins is traded in a deal for Kyrie and Wade is signed by the Wolves to fill that hole at SG >>>>

Kyrie
Wade
Jimmy
Taj/Dieng
Towns

what a terrible defensive team.... but yea that is how you develop Towns defense... stick wade and kyrie next to him and watch as guys fly by them and Towns gets left as the only line of defense. Wade is old and slow and shouldnt be in any contenders starting line up... he would be 7th-8th off of my bench if i were a GM.

Ariza's Better
08-17-2017, 09:18 PM
Would honestly love wade in Houston as the 6th man. Not a starter. Wade is way past starting for any team.

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:02 PM
Would honestly love wade in Houston as the 6th man. Not a starter. Wade is way past starting for any team.

I actually just heard that when he clears waivers Houston is going to jump at him and try to get him. You all have an exception don't you? Also need to get the Melo deal done.

This puts a real possibility of the banana boat teaming up in Houston when LeBron Melo CP3 and Wade are all free agents. This is honestly what I think they need to do anyways if they team up, team up with an in prime superstar.

Maybe LeBron accepts a S&T next summer or he just comes and they take paycuts.

This year:

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:06 PM
Not sure why I didn't think of this but I feel whoever Melo is traded to makes a run at him.

Cavs:

Kyrie (whoever he's traded for if traded)
Wade or JR (the other off the bench)
LeBron
Melo
TT

Rockets:

CP3
Harden/Wade
Ariza
Melo
Capela

Or

CP3
Wade
Harden
Melo
Capela

OKC:

Westbrook
Wade
PG
Melo
Adams

All of those teams look very good.

FlashBolt
08-18-2017, 03:33 AM
Improved 12-13% from 3 last year, interested to see if he can increase it some more this season.

That's not how it works, though. That improvement was because he actually began working on his shot a bit more but realistically, you either can shoot or can't. It's not like Curry can just all of a sudden go to the gym and start pumping up shots to get his 3P% to 50%. Wade is just a bad shooter. Nothing wrong with that but it's definitely not a good thing for your guard to not have.

WaDe03
08-18-2017, 09:23 AM
That's not how it works, though. That improvement was because he actually began working on his shot a bit more but realistically, you either can shoot or can't. It's not like Curry can just all of a sudden go to the gym and start pumping up shots to get his 3P% to 50%. Wade is just a bad shooter. Nothing wrong with that but it's definitely not a good thing for your guard to not have.

You can definitely work on your shot and put in the reps to improve it though. He did that last year. He want have another jump like last year but, he could definitely improve again if he's putting in the work.

Also, he just needs to pull up and shoot them with confidence and make it an actual part of his game/mindset. Games he shot 3 or more 3s he shot 38%, thats definitely respectable. When he's taking a 3 here and there every other game or so out of rhythm it will **** your percentages.

JOSKOMANG4
08-18-2017, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't buy him out bc he still has value!!!

If I were the bucks, a team on the rise & looking to shed some salary, id trade for Wade.

- Middleton, Teletovic & 2018 2nd rd pick for Wade.

L: Monroe/Maker/Giannis/Wade/Brogdon
B: Henson/Wilson/Parker(6th)/Snell/Dele
O: Hawes, GPIII, Vaughn

Wade gets Milwaukee over the hump. Not to mention they still have Parker, Monroe, Hawes, and Brogdon JUST INCASE they decide to trade for KYRIE.

L: Lopez/Markannen/Middleton/Lavine/Dunn
B: felicio/Teletovic/Portis/Valentine/Payne
O: holiday, Grant, Zipser

Bulls get grade value with Wade deal. Middleton, when healthy, is a bargain at under 15million per season. Tele is a poor man's Mirotic.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-18-2017, 10:59 AM
I wouldn't buy him out bc he still has value!!!

If I were the bucks, a team on the rise & looking to shed some salary, id trade for Wade.

- Middleton, Teletovic & 2018 2nd rd pick for Wade.

L: Monroe/Maker/Giannis/Wade/Brogdon
B: Henson/Wilson/Parker(6th)/Snell/Dele
O: Hawes, GPIII, Vaughn

Wade gets Milwaukee over the hump. Not to mention they still have Parker, Monroe, Hawes, and Brogdon JUST INCASE they decide to trade for KYRIE.

L: Lopez/Markannen/Middleton/Lavine/Dunn
B: felicio/Teletovic/Portis/Valentine/Payne
O: holiday, Grant, Zipser

Bulls get grade value with Wade deal. Middleton, when healthy, is a bargain at under 15million per season. Tele is a poor man's Mirotic.

Bucks get robbed badly. Bucks better to wait to sign Wade if they want him. Bucks and Nuggets were Wades other choices last summer anyway. Middleton alone is worth way more then Wade. Wade is old and plenty of miles on him.

DanG
08-18-2017, 11:34 AM
He should go back to Miami, honestly there is no team right now where you can go and say 'I'm chasing a ring'.

Cleveland is falling apart.
The Spurs are so old. And most of those players play significant minutes.
Houston is a LeBron away from competing with GSW. And the Paul-Harden duo is a questionable fit.
Boston is and always will be the best team suited to be the 2nd seed in the East in 2022.

Miami has a young roster and a decent competitive team.

PC
08-18-2017, 11:42 AM

He attempted 44 3's total in the comparison year. His career 3 PT% is 28.7%, so there was a couple percentage point bump this past season but it was still well below league average.

WaDe03
08-18-2017, 11:51 AM
He attempted 44 3's total in the comparison year. His career 3 PT% is 28.7%, so there was a couple percentage point bump this past season but it was still well below league average.

And if he continues to work on them and works them into his game that percentage will go up some more. 38% in games he shot 3 or more last year.

FlashBolt
08-18-2017, 12:13 PM
And if he continues to work on them and works them into his game that percentage will go up some more. 38% in games he shot 3 or more last year.

Really, that's not how it works. He's just not a shooter and people have to accept that.

valade16
08-18-2017, 12:20 PM
Really, that's not how it works. He's just not a shooter and people have to accept that.

Edit: I think I misunderstood your point.

In regards to Wade, ever year he shot over 2 1/2 3's a game, his % was between 30% and 32%. There is very little evidence to suggest he will improve much, if at all, over those numbers.

WaDe03
08-18-2017, 12:45 PM

How is that not how it works? You practice any are of the game and put in the reps you'll improve. I've done it.

WaDe03
08-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Edit: I think I misunderstood your point.

In regards to Wade, ever year he shot over 2 1/2 3's a game, his % was between 30% and 32%. There is very little evidence to suggest he will improve much, if at all, over those numbers.

Shot 38% in games last year he shot 3 or more. Just needs to tell himself he's going to shoot them. When he's taking 1 here or there he's not getting a good rhythm and it hurts the percentage. A decent amount of those games where he just shot 1 3 were bail out at the end of the shot clock.

I'm not saying he's going to be a deadeye shooter by any means but I think we'll see another improvement next year and I hope it's in a system that encourages him to take the open look when it's there as opposed to barreling his way to the basket. He's pretty knockdown when he just goes up and shoots them with no hesitation.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Wade is old and lots of miles. Case closed. He needs less minutes per game here on out to preserve his old ***. Will he accept 6th man? Doubt it with his ego.

lamar2006
08-18-2017, 08:15 PM
If he signs with the Warriors, just skip the season and hand them the title again.

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2017, 09:43 PM
Wade is old and lots of miles. Case closed. He needs less minutes per game here on out to preserve his old ***. Will he accept 6th man? Doubt it with his ego.

Do you mean the ego that invited Lebron to come to his franchise and handed him the keys? The one that declared the Bulls Jimmy Butler's team right from the opening press conference last year when asked, and flat out said he'd be open to a 6th man role if that's what's best for the team this year in his end of the season press conference?

SportsFanatic10
08-18-2017, 09:44 PM
If he signs with the Warriors, just skip the season and hand them the title again.

That's easily already the case barring serious injury to the coward or curry. And even then they'd probably both have to be out at the same time to lose.

JordansBulls
08-18-2017, 11:19 PM
That's easily already the case barring serious injury to the coward or curry. And even then they'd probably both have to be out at the same time to lose.

The Coward? He did exactly what Lebron did twice. Joining forces with 2 stars in there primes.

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 01:14 AM
The Coward? He did exactly what Lebron did twice. Joining forces with 2 stars in there primes.

He joined 3 stars and a team that just went 73-9....

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2017, 01:15 AM

So Lebron joined a team that followed up a title with a 73 win season. A team with a top 3 player, and 2 more top 10-15 players at worst with them all just entering their prime? After being up on them 3-1 the year before and blowing it with a superstar running mate already on his team? Ok sure...I guess that is the same thing lol.

Quick qestion...did Lebron ever join a team that was favored to win it all without him while leaving a superstar in his prime already on his team? Nope. And fun fact...Wade only had one good season left in his knees when Lebron came. This is totally different with any sort of understanding of the situations.

More-Than-Most
08-19-2017, 02:52 AM
So Lebron joined a team that followed up a title with a 73 win season. A team with a top 3 player, and 2 more top 10-15 players at worst with them all just entering their prime? After being up on them 3-1 the year before and blowing it with a superstar running mate already on his team? Ok sure...I guess that is the same thing lol.

Quick qestion...did Lebron ever join a team that was favored to win it all without him while leaving a superstar in his prime already on his team? Nope. And fun fact...Wade only had one good season left in his knees when Lebron came. This is totally different with any sort of understanding of the situations.

ignore him... he use to be a good poster before lebron actually got close to Jordan.. Now he just chimes in to hate on James.

TylerSL
08-19-2017, 03:50 AM
As it pertains to his buyout, Wade is due $23.8 million this season and he should not agree to a buyout unless the Bulls offer at least $20 million. Wade opted in to his contract for the money so he might as well get it. If Chicago isn't willing to do that then Wade should play out this season and get his money before finding a new team next year. If he and the Bulls agree to a $20 million buyout he could then sign a mid level contract with another team and when combined with his buyout money from Chicago, he would come out ahead.

Non tax-payer mid level is $8.4 million, tax-payer mid level is $5.2 million and the room mid level is $4.3 million. Anyone with a mid level, or at least part of a mid level, would be insane not to offer it to Wade once he hits the open market. He still averaged 18/4/4.5 and though his efficiency tanked last year, he's still a top 10 shooting guard. Wade has made $179.5 million throughout his NBA career so if he and the Bulls agree to a buyout of $20 million or so, his career earnings would be pushed to at least $199.5 million, basically $200 million, before he signs his next deal.

As to what Wade would do if he reaches free agency would be up to him. It wouldn't really be in his best interest to chase money again considering he'd have huge buyout money from the Bulls so he should go where he can play for a ring or return to Miami. If he wants to try to go to a contender and win one more ring the only options that would make sense would be the Cavs or Spurs. The Cavs can offer Wade $2.6 million, the rest of their tax-payer mid level while San Antonio could offer a $3.3 million bi-annual exception. In both of those cases he would actually make more money staying with the Bulls ($23.8 million) than signing with either the Cavs ($22.6 million) or Spurs ($23.3 million). He would however, have a chance to win another ring and would probably enjoy the upcoming season a lot more with either Lebron or Popovich than he would on a terrible Bulls team.

His other option would be a return to the Heat. Yes Miami already has a SG ("Kobe Wade") and they are not championship contenders, but Miami is where his heart is. The Heat have a $4.3 million room exception available so he could make the most money while returning to where he belongs. He doesn't need to chase another ring but the option would be there if he gets bought out. If he's most concerned about happiness he should come back to the Heat, which he would be able to do if he reaches a buyout.

After this year he would once again be a free agent in 2018 at the age of 36 (he'll turn 37 during the 18-19 season). I think Wade will look to play another year or two after this upcoming season so I could see him signing either a one or two year deal with the Heat at the tax-payer mid level after the season. Wade's career earnings after this season will be over $200 million so I don't think he'll be chasing millions at 36. Wade at 36 will be quite a bit worse than Wade at 34, who was slipping which was why he so badly wanted that final contract and left Miami for it. Chicago is not Wade's home, it's where he came from. Miami is his home and it's where he belongs and when the Bulls buy him out he should come back. If the Bulls aren't willing to give him a $20+ million buyout he should just make them regret signing him and play for his checks, and then return to the Heat either in March, if they reach a buyout then, or next off-season.

Edit: Another interesting option would be the Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers have $15 million in cap and could offer Wade far more than anyone else on the market. They would certainly only be interested in a one year deal and I doubt they would offer all their remaining cap but they could offer Wade $10-12 million if they thought he could help their young players (he could). Wade, assuming they're interested, could spend a year on an exciting team that will make the playoffs while making good money before returning to the Heat after the season. This option however, is completely contingent on Philadelphia's interest where as the Cavs, Spurs, or Heat would line up to offer him what they could. So if he gets a buyout from the Bulls, he would have four logical options, Heat, Cavs, Spurs, or 76ers (if interested).

More-Than-Most
08-19-2017, 04:57 AM
As it pertains to his buyout, Wade is due $23.8 million this season and he should not agree to a buyout unless the Bulls offer at least $20 million. Wade opted in to his contract for the money so he might as well get it. If Chicago isn't willing to do that then Wade should play out this season and get his money before finding a new team next year. If he and the Bulls agree to a $20 million buyout he could then sign a mid level contract with another team and when combined with his buyout money from Chicago, he would come out ahead.

Non tax-payer mid level is $8.4 million, tax-payer mid level is $5.2 million and the room mid level is $4.3 million. Anyone with a mid level, or at least part of a mid level, would be insane not to offer it to Wade once he hits the open market. He still averaged 18/4/4.5 and though his efficiency tanked last year, he's still a top 10 shooting guard. Wade has made $179.5 million throughout his NBA career so if he and the Bulls agree to a buyout of $20 million or so, his career earnings would be pushed to at least $199.5 million, basically $200 million, before he signs his next deal.

As to what Wade would do if he reaches free agency would be up to him. It wouldn't really be in his best interest to chase money again considering he'd have huge buyout money from the Bulls so he should go where he can play for a ring or return to Miami. If he wants to try to go to a contender and win one more ring the only options that would make sense would be the Cavs or Spurs. The Cavs can offer Wade $2.6 million, the rest of their tax-payer mid level while San Antonio could offer a $3.3 million bi-annual exception. In both of those cases he would actually make more money staying with the Bulls ($23.8 million) than signing with either the Cavs ($22.6 million) or Spurs ($23.3 million). He would however, have a chance to win another ring and would probably enjoy the upcoming season a lot more with either Lebron or Popovich than he would on a terrible Bulls team.

His other option would be a return to the Heat. Yes Miami already has a SG ("Kobe Wade") and they are not championship contenders, but Miami is where his heart is. The Heat have a $4.3 million room exception available so he could make the most money while returning to where he belongs. He doesn't need to chase another ring but the option would be there if he gets bought out. If he's most concerned about happiness he should come back to the Heat, which he would be able to do if he reaches a buyout.

After this year he would once again be a free agent in 2018 at the age of 36 (he'll turn 37 during the 18-19 season). I think Wade will look to play another year or two after this upcoming season so I could see him signing either a one or two year deal with the Heat at the tax-payer mid level after the season. Wade's career earnings after this season will be over $200 million so I don't think he'll be chasing millions at 36. Wade at 36 will be quite a bit worse than Wade at 34, who was slipping which was why he so badly wanted that final contract and left Miami for it. Chicago is not Wade's home, it's where he came from. Miami is his home and it's where he belongs and when the Bulls buy him out he should come back. If the Bulls aren't willing to give him a $20+ million buyout he should just make them regret signing him and play for his checks, and then return to the Heat either in March, if they reach a buyout then, or next off-season.

Edit: Another interesting option would be the Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers have $15 million in cap and could offer Wade far more than anyone else on the market. They would certainly only be interested in a one year deal and I doubt they would offer all their remaining cap but they could offer Wade $10-12 million if they thought he could help their young players (he could). Wade, assuming they're interested, could spend a year on an exciting team that will make the playoffs while making good money before returning to the Heat after the season. This option however, is completely contingent on Philadelphia's interest where as the Cavs, Spurs, or Heat would line up to offer him what they could. So if he gets a buyout from the Bulls, he would have four logical options, Heat, Cavs, Spurs, or 76ers (if interested).

Id chop off my nuts with a rusty butter knife over having washed up 7th man off the bench wade on our team for any more than 5 million a year.

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Id chop off my nuts with a rusty butter knife over having washed up 7th man off the bench wade on our team for any more than 5 million a year.

You'd be a very dumb man for that to be the case. He'd probably be the one closing out games for you all in a 2 man game with Embiid. (Centers thrive next to him)

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2017, 11:57 AM

lmao...Go right ahead. If you're that dumb you probably should so you don't pass that on.

I know that's kinda harsh but I had too lol

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 12:17 PM
lmao...Go right ahead. If you're that dumb you probably should so you don't pass that on.

I know that's kinda harsh but I had too lol

He just dogs all LeBrons elite teammates to try and pump LeBron up even more. There used to be a few of them on here but I think the others have changed their ways. He will dog Wade and Kyrie to the grave.

TylerSL
08-19-2017, 12:59 PM

You're an idiot and Brett Brown would be too if Wade wasn't starting

Fultz
Wade
Simmons
Saric
Embiid

With Redick, Okafor, Covington, Jerryd Bayless, and Amir Johnson coming off the bench. That's a really deep team and Wade would probably act as the teams closer, something he's great at. Wade could play 27-30 minutes a night, set a great example for the young team, and provide late-game leadership for an up-and-coming team while playing on a one year deal so nobody is tied down. What's wrong with that picture again?

WaDe03
08-19-2017, 07:35 PM
I bet this picks up more steam after the Melo and Kyrie trades.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 01:49 AM
How is that not how it works? You practice any are of the game and put in the reps you'll improve. I've done it.

Because you're assuming reps will make a huge change at THIS level and stage of someone's career. It doesn't work like that. At some point, you either realize you can or can't shoot. It just doesn't make sense for Wade to be chucking up threes when it's just an inefficient for him to be taking at the cost of his teammates. Don't get me wrong, we've seen players like Jason Kidd develop a better shot later in his career but that wasn't 15 seasons in. Wade has never been a good shooter. His entire career has been attacking the paint and using his athleticism to get past defenders and draw fouls. By your logic, why are centers unable to shoot FT's? I'm sure they're out their practicing nonstop considering they have to know Hack-A-Shaq's are coming. Yet, DJ and Drummond are absolute garbage at it, still.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 01:56 AM
Shot 38% in games last year he shot 3 or more. Just needs to tell himself he's going to shoot them. When he's taking 1 here or there he's not getting a good rhythm and it hurts the percentage. A decent amount of those games where he just shot 1 3 were bail out at the end of the shot clock.

I'm not saying he's going to be a deadeye shooter by any means but I think we'll see another improvement next year and I hope it's in a system that encourages him to take the open look when it's there as opposed to barreling his way to the basket. He's pretty knockdown when he just goes up and shoots them with no hesitation.

He's hesitating because he knows he's not a good shooter but because he's up there in age and not always able to expand all his energy into the more difficult plays of attacking the basket, he's left with no choice but to shoot the ball. And I'm not sure where this "Just shoot the ball" notion is coming from but Wade's career has been pretty efficient. Him and LeBron used to have contests to see who would end the game with a higher FG%. The guy obviously knows that him taking a low and efficient shot is going to hurt his team. And FYI, Wade shot 30% in catch-and-shoot scenarios last season. Which shots do you think he'll be taking on a team like the Spurs or teams in which he isn't relied on to play PG duties? For comparison purposes and reasons why Manu is still valuable, Manu shoots 39% from the field in catch-and-shoot situations - which is the highest % three point shot to take. So yeah, Wade isn't a catch-and-shoot player and most players who are up there in age and on elite teams are supposed to be catch-and-shoot players.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 10:58 AM
Manu has it made up in his mind to shoot them. Wade waits to see what the defense is going to do majority of the time before he shoots. I'm telling you when he just pulls up with no hesitation/not checking to see what the defense is going to do he is knockdown. 3 or more 3s per game he's shooting 38%, I'm not going to include a sample size where a player shoots a 3 here and there out of desperation to end the shot clock or quarter. I want to see how he does shooting 3-4 3s a game for a whole season. Look at his volume to start the year, it was higher than usual and he was making them at a high clip. He's been putting in the reps so we'll see if it continues to improve.

As for Drummond and Jordan, it's just all in their head at this point and to be honest it probably has to do with lack of all around skill. I mean other than rebounding, dunking, defending, and setting screens.....what are they good at? Neither has a good offensive game although Drummonds is better but most of their stuff is just straight size and athleticism.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:09 AM
Manu has it made up in his mind to shoot them. Wade waits to see what the defense is going to do majority of the time before he shoots. I'm telling you when he just pulls up with no hesitation/not checking to see what the defense is going to do he is knockdown. 3 or more 3s per game he's shooting 38%, I'm not going to include a sample size where a player shoots a 3 here and there out of desperation to end the shot clock or quarter. I want to see how he does shooting 3-4 3s a game for a whole season. Look at his volume to start the year, it was higher than usual and he was making them at a high clip. He's been putting in the reps so we'll see if it continues to improve.

As for Drummond and Jordan, it's just all in their head at this point and to be honest it probably has to do with lack of all around skill. I mean other than rebounding, dunking, defending, and setting screens.....what are they good at? Neither has a good offensive game although Drummonds is better but most of their stuff is just straight size and athleticism.

that's just an excuse. No amount of reps will help Wade to where it is more efficient for him to take a three point shot at this stage of his career. Give it a break, lol. The guy can't shoot. Never has been his strength. Even LeBron is a better shooter than Wade and he sucks at it.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 05:03 PM
that's just an excuse. No amount of reps will help Wade to where it is more efficient for him to take a three point shot at this stage of his career. Give it a break, lol. The guy can't shoot. Never has been his strength. Even LeBron is a better shooter than Wade and he sucks at it.

LeBron doesn't suck at shooting, he's just not elite. He had his best year in Miami.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If you put the work in you'll get better, plain and simple. If you hooped you know this but if you didn't, I can see why you would think otherwise I guess. I mean, these guys aren't just born with these skills.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 05:04 PM
The reps did help based on percentages and when he shot a higher volume he hit them at a higher rate.

valade16
08-21-2017, 05:11 PM
The reps did help based on percentages and when he shot a higher volume he hit them at a higher rate.

But this might be simple correlation not causation. Wade was probably more likely to take 3's on nights when he was making them.

Vee-Rex
08-21-2017, 05:24 PM
I'd take Wade on the Cavs. He's an intelligent player and would be a clear upgrade over guys like Stumpert.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:39 PM
LeBron doesn't suck at shooting, he's just not elite. He had his best year in Miami.

It's not an excuse, it's a fact. If you put the work in you'll get better, plain and simple. If you hooped you know this but if you didn't, I can see why you would think otherwise I guess. I mean, these guys aren't just born with these skills.

Lol, you always pull this "if you hoop" card. Something tells me you get REALLY insecure and use it often for some reason. Whatever, you played high school ball for your local basketball team and won two games. Idc. Unless you play professionally, your athletic career to me is just another fairytale story. The point is, and which most agree here, some players are not shooters. Manu never had any athletic ability but made it work because he was a smart player. Wade is not a shooter. Even before the season started and when Wade went to Chicago, we all told you Wade can't shoot and you kept insisting he was such a great shooter in the playoffs. Sorry bud, this is where your infatuation with Wade starts to show again. Or, you can continue being insecure and talk about how you used to play basketball decades ago. That works too.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 11:28 PM
Lol, you always pull this "if you hoop" card. Something tells me you get REALLY insecure and use it often for some reason. Whatever, you played high school ball for your local basketball team and won two games. Idc. Unless you play professionally, your athletic career to me is just another fairytale story. The point is, and which most agree here, some players are not shooters. Manu never had any athletic ability but made it work because he was a smart player. Wade is not a shooter. Even before the season started and when Wade went to Chicago, we all told you Wade can't shoot and you kept insisting he was such a great shooter in the playoffs. Sorry bud, this is where your infatuation with Wade starts to show again. Or, you can continue being insecure and talk about how you used to play basketball decades ago. That works too.

I played professional and it wasn't decades ago lol. I'm not insecure at all but you clearly don't understand what putting work into your game can do so it's pointless.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 11:32 PM
But this might be simple correlation not causation. Wade was probably more likely to take 3's on nights when he was making them.

But doesn't it cancel out with the games where he took 1 3 and majority of the time it came as desperation? I'm not saying he's going to be lights or by any means but I see absolutely no reason why he couldn't develop a respectable jumper (I think he already has one) but to a higher degree.

I'm just wanting a full season where he takes at least 3 a game, not this shoot at a high volume for a 8 game stretch while shooting over 40% then stopping for no reason. It's just odd to me. He worked it in more last year, hopefully it goes up volume and percentage wise next year. Could definitely get an extra year or 2 out of him if so.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 11:33 PM
I'd take Wade on the Cavs. He's an intelligent player and would be a clear upgrade over guys like Stumpert.

He would be Greer of your alls bench and a great closer for you guys. He brings that all time great factor with him that can't be taught. I would assume JR starts since he's a high volume 3 point shooter.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 11:34 PM

Back to Miami?

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:35 PM
I played professional and it wasn't decades ago lol. I'm not insecure at all but you clearly don't understand what putting work into your game can do so it's pointless.

Okay, so why don't YOU put in work and join the NBA? As you said it yourself, repetitions... so go to the gym for thirty days straight and go work on your three point shot.. you'll hit enough to be scouted by the NBA... If you aren't willing to accept that this is CLEARLY not going to work, then you would understand it's no different for an NBA player.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:36 PM
But doesn't it cancel out with the games where he took 1 3 and majority of the time it came as desperation? I'm not saying he's going to be lights or by any means but I see absolutely no reason why he couldn't develop a respectable jumper (I think he already has one) but to a higher degree.

I'm just wanting a full season where he takes at least 3 a game, not this shoot at a high volume for a 8 game stretch while shooting over 40% then stopping for no reason. It's just odd to me. He worked it in more last year, hopefully it goes up volume and percentage wise next year. Could definitely get an extra year or 2 out of him if so.

But he's not doing any of what you're saying he should do because he knows it's not his game. Like, why should he take a three when he shoots terribly at it when he can attack the paint and get a much more efficient shot? It literally makes zero sense. A three point shot = inefficient for Wade = why he hesistates shooting it. I'm sure the dude practices his three point shot but he probably knows working on other parts of his game at this point is still a better option.

WaDe03
08-21-2017, 11:56 PM
But he's not doing any of what you're saying he should do because he knows it's not his game. Like, why should he take a three when he shoots terribly at it when he can attack the paint and get a much more efficient shot? It literally makes zero sense. A three point shot = inefficient for Wade = why he hesistates shooting it. I'm sure the dude practices his three point shot but he probably knows working on other parts of his game at this point is still a better option.

Because he's not near as good at getting to the basket anymore......

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 11:59 PM
Because he's not near as good at getting to the basket anymore......

But he can practice it, right? More repetitions on attacking the basket. It should work.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 12:00 AM
Okay, so why don't YOU put in work and join the NBA? As you said it yourself, repetitions... so go to the gym for thirty days straight and go work on your three point shot.. you'll hit enough to be scouted by the NBA... If you aren't willing to accept that this is CLEARLY not going to work, then you would understand it's no different for an NBA player.

Lmao! Give me an NBA players genetics and I would love too!

This post honestly makes it seem like you don't think these players got this good by working on their games. You're right, Curry came out the womb with that jumoshot, LeBron came out the womb with his skills, KD did the same, Jamal Crawford and Kyrie came out he womb with their handles. These guys literally never practiced their games at any point in their life, they just grew up with the skills and made it to the NBA.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 12:01 AM
But he can practice it, right? More repetitions on attacking the basket. It should work.

Nah because it has to do with a decline in speed and athleticism, you know, things that are not skills but more genetics than anything. I don't expect you to understand though, the actual game seems to be far above your head.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 12:11 AM
Nah because it has to do with a decline in speed and athleticism, you know, things that are not skills but more genetics than anything. I don't expect you to understand though, the actual game seems to be far above your head.

Why do you always insult people who disagree with you about Wade? I'm asking you a serious question. I should know better than to confront you about anything negative about Wade. You go on and off about shooting threes with more repetitions but won't explain why YOU yourself can't shoot more threes and do the same.. You said Wade's physical decline prevents him from attacking the basket. Okay, so what prevents him from not making threes since it clearly doesn't require as much attributes. Btw, Isaiah Thomas is 5'8. I'm sure you're probably bigger than him. Is there a reason you're not in the NBA? Are you not practicing enough?

"If you put the work in you'll get better, plain and simple. "

This is what you said.

My point is, you do get better. But there comes a point where you ultimately stop becoming better. That, for Wade, is a point where it will never be a good option for Wade to be a three point shooter. He's never shown any stretch of a season that he can develop a shot. His form is terrible and he's in his 15th season. What makes you think any of that changes? Oh, right. You still want to believe Wade can play for ten more seasons because a team can use a deadly shooter in.. your's truly, Duhhhhwayneee Waaaade. Is that it?

You can disagree with my points or continue insulting your way through it because you can't put it past your mind that insulting someone doesn't make you right. IDC if you played professionally. Give me your name and professional team and we can go about how good you are. Or, keep bragging about it on PSD. But hey, we've been through this before. You smile and agree with everyone who says good things about Wade, and insult anyone who doesn't. You have a confliction you should resolve because it's hitting a point where it clearly clouds your BBALL judgement.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 12:31 AM
Why do you always insult people who disagree with you about Wade? I'm asking you a serious question. I should know better than to confront you about anything negative about Wade. You go on and off about shooting threes with more repetitions but won't explain why YOU yourself can't shoot more threes and do the same.. You said Wade's physical decline prevents him from attacking the basket. Okay, so what prevents him from not making threes since it clearly doesn't require as much attributes. Btw, Isaiah Thomas is 5'8. I'm sure you're probably bigger than him. Is there a reason you're not in the NBA? Are you not practicing enough?

"If you put the work in you'll get better, plain and simple. "

This is what you said.

My point is, you do get better. But there comes a point where you ultimately stop becoming better. That, for Wade, is a point where it will never be a good option for Wade to be a three point shooter. He's never shown any stretch of a season that he can develop a shot. His form is terrible and he's in his 15th season. What makes you think any of that changes? Oh, right. You still want to believe Wade can play for ten more seasons because a team can use a deadly shooter in.. your's truly, Duhhhhwayneee Waaaade. Is that it?

You can disagree with my points or continue insulting your way through it because you can't put it past your mind that insulting someone doesn't make you right. IDC if you played professionally. Give me your name and professional team and we can go about how good you are. Or, keep bragging about it on PSD. But hey, we've been through this before. You smile and agree with everyone who says good things about Wade, and insult anyone who doesn't. You have a confliction you should resolve because it's hitting a point where it clearly clouds your BBALL judgement.

Insult? I said you didn't understand what it takes and you clearly don't. You started with your usual smart *** remarks trying to act like you know everything about everything.

YOU brought up me playing for a 2 win high school team and said if I didn't play professional then you didn't care, well guess what? I did so I told you I did.

IT is fast as **** and can jump pretty damn high for being 5'8.

What do you mean why I myself can't put in more reps and become a better shooter? I told you I did it!

I honestly can't even believe that I have to explain to someone that you will get better if you PRACTICE!

You said I'm being insecure by saying I played.....For one there is DEFINITELY a different understanding of the game between those who did and didn't play. I would love for someone to try and debate that. I'm not saying those who played know more about literally everything but if we're talking about working on the court they definitely do. For two, you pulled the same **** and said you played the game and dogged someone who didn't play and said something along the lines of "you can tell who did and didn't play the game." I wish I could find it but I probably can't, I remember I quoted you though.

I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth with you on working on your game though, this is something that doesn't even need to be explained in the little detail I gave. It's obvious players work on their games and different areas. Wade worked on his 3 last year and saw improvement, if he continues to do so this summer he should see another improvement. These players didn't not come out the womb with these skills, they did with the genetics though. You keep asking why I'm not in the NBA, it takes the skills/hard work/genetics to make it. I lacked in the genetics area and was probably a little too cocky younger in my life to where I didn't think I needed to work as much as the next guy. No complaints from me though, I got paid to play basketball and life is great.

Goodnight, love you!

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 12:36 AM
Insult? I said you didn't understand what it takes and you clearly don't. You started with your usual smart *** remarks trying to act like you know everything about everything.

YOU brought up me playing for a 2 win high school team and said if I didn't play professional then you didn't care, well guess what? I did so I told you I did.

IT is fast as **** and can jump pretty damn high for being 5'8.

What do you mean why I myself can't put in more reps and become a better shooter? I told you I did it!

I honestly can't even believe that I have to explain to someone that you will get better if you PRACTICE!

You said I'm being insecure by saying I played.....For one there is DEFINITELY a different understanding of the game between those who did and didn't play. I would love for someone to try and debate that. I'm not saying those who played know more about literally everything but if we're talking about working on the court they definitely do. For two, you pulled the same **** and said you played the game and dogged someone who didn't play and said something along the lines of "you can tell who did and didn't play the game." I wish I could find it but I probably can't, I remember I quoted you though.

I'm not going to sit here and go back and forth with you on working on your game though, this is something that doesn't even need to be explained in the little detail I gave. It's obvious players work on their games and different areas. Wade worked on his 3 last year and saw improvement, if he continues to do so this summer he should see another improvement. These players didn't not come out the womb with these skills, they did with the genetics though. You keep asking why I'm not in the NBA, it takes the skills/hard work/genetics to make it. I lacked in the genetics area and was probably a little too cocky younger in my life to where I didn't think I needed to work as much as the next guy. No complaints from me though, I got paid to play basketball and life is great.

Goodnight, love you!

You're the only one who continues to say Wade can shoot better through more repetitions and having more confidence. Everyone else here has seen enough to say he's just not a good shooter. Get a grip on reality, bud. The guy isn't superman. Kobe couldn't even develop a shot but you're telling me Wade can? LMAO, wow. Yes, you continue insulting people with your "bball career" as if it makes you some sort of basketball God. No one cares, dude. Seriously. Unless you played in the NBA, I honestly don't care how "professional" you were. Just stop using that lame argument every time. You're on PSD discussing basketball. No one honestly cares what you do outside of this. If Wade truly thought he could shoot, he would have been taking more shots. When players shoot less = less confidence in their shot.

Anyways, you love making bets, right? How about if Wade shoots above 35% from three next season, I will quit PSD and send you $500. If Wade doesn't hit above 35%, you will quit PSD and you don't pay me anything? Deal.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 09:14 AM
You're the only one who continues to say Wade can shoot better through more repetitions and having more confidence. Everyone else here has seen enough to say he's just not a good shooter. Get a grip on reality, bud. The guy isn't superman. Kobe couldn't even develop a shot but you're telling me Wade can? LMAO, wow. Yes, you continue insulting people with your "bball career" as if it makes you some sort of basketball God. No one cares, dude. Seriously. Unless you played in the NBA, I honestly don't care how "professional" you were. Just stop using that lame argument every time. You're on PSD discussing basketball. No one honestly cares what you do outside of this. If Wade truly thought he could shoot, he would have been taking more shots. When players shoot less = less confidence in their shot.

Anyways, you love making bets, right? How about if Wade shoots above 35% from three next season, I will quit PSD and send you $500. If Wade doesn't hit above 35%, you will quit PSD and you don't pay me anything? Deal.

So if Wade took 500 3s a day for a year straight, you're telling me he would not improve over that year and his shot would be the exact same? You can really show your lack of knowledge with your answer so be careful. This isn't even about Wade anymore, it's about the simple fact that you don't understand that putting in the work will make you better and you're trying to mock me for believing so.

Again, you brought me playing into it by saying a played on a 2 win high school team. My first statement was anyone who plays the game knows if you put the reps in you will get better. This is a very valid statement.

Jamiecballer
08-22-2017, 09:49 AM
So if Wade took 500 3s a day for a year straight, you're telling me he would not improve over that year and his shot would be the exact same? You can really show your lack of knowledge with your answer so be careful. This isn't even about Wade anymore, it's about the simple fact that you don't understand that putting in the work will make you better and you're trying to mock me for believing so.

Again, you brought me playing into it by saying a played on a 2 win high school team. My first statement was anyone who plays the game knows if you put the reps in you will get better. This is a very valid statement.He could do that, sure, but it would hurt his overall game. Nonetheless, you can be sure he's shot thousands, maybe even tens of thousands already. The better you get at something, the more work it takes to reach any measurable improvement. You are making it sound way too easy when truthfully he's peaked in this area.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 09:52 AM

Again, you brought me playing into it by saying a played on a 2 win high school team. My first statement was anyone who plays the game knows if you put the reps in you will get better. This is a very valid statement.

And it's common sense that at some point, you won't get better. Go ask Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps if they could go any quicker during their laps. And FYI, I never brought up your 2 win high school team until you brought up "you probably never played basketball" or whatever it was you always bring up. Wanna take the bet or not? Wade > 35 3p% = i stop using PSD and send you $500 and if Wade < 35%, you quit and don't pay me anything. Let's see how confident you are in Wade's ability to shoot.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 09:57 AM
And it's common sense that at some point, you won't get better. Go ask Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps if they could go any quicker during their laps. And FYI, I never brought up your 2 win high school team until you brought up "you probably never played basketball" or whatever it was you always bring up. Wanna take the bet or not? Wade > 35 3p% = i stop using PSD and send you $500 and if Wade < 35%, you quit and don't pay me anything. Let's see how confident you are in Wade's ability to shoot.

I'm not taking your bet because I don't know what parts of Wades game he's working on this summer. He definitely saw improvement last year so I'm hoping he does the same this year but there's no way for me to know.

Lol at you ignoring the first paragraph.

YOU have pulled the "you never played the game" line in an argument you were having so it's hilarious you're against it now.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:03 AM
I'm not taking your bet because I don't know what parts of Wades game he's working on this summer. He definitely saw improvement last year so I'm hoping he does the same this year but there's no way for me to know.

Lol at you ignoring the first paragraph.

YOU have pulled the "you never played the game" line in an argument you were having so it's hilarious you're against it now.

No, I pull the "anyone who has played basketball" game. It is a generic statement not targeted at anyone. That's totally different than always saying "you probably never played basketball. I played professionally so I know what I'm talking about."

What paragraph am I ignoring? Practically three people here has already told you that at some point, you honestly don't get better. if you do, it ain't by much at Wade's stage of his career. Dude is in his 15th season but will somehow develop a shot to be a catch-and-shoot player? Name me a player who made a transition like that. Of course you won't take the bet.. cause you know Wade won't be practicing his shot since Wade himself probably knows he'll never be a good enough of a shooter. So you can keep throwing, "if he keeps shooting and has more confidence" all you want but I can say that for any player.. and that's a terrible way of explaining basketball.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 10:07 AM
He could do that, sure, but it would hurt his overall game. Nonetheless, you can be sure he's shot thousands, maybe even tens of thousands already. The better you get at something, the more work it takes to reach any measurable improvement. You are making it sound way too easy when truthfully he's peaked in this area.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Why would that hurt the other parts of his game if he was just adding the shots to his workouts?

It's not easy, 500 shots a day is pretty tiring but it would get the job done and he would see improvmeent. I feel like people are thinking I'm saying he'll be Curry from 3 by next year if he works at it. That's not what I'm trying to say but, I think in the amount of time he has left in the league (I would assume 3 years) he could get to at least 34% by next year and by the end of that 3 years could be in the 38-40% range where Manu currently is.

I don't think that's a bad take at all but, it just depends on if that's his goal and if he's working on it. If he is working on it I would take Flashbolts bet but I have no way of knowing. 3 or more 3s per game and he was at 38% from 3, I want to see that volume every game and see if it holds true. He has many open opportunities a game as people still fear his ability to attack.

He said himself for multiple years he wasn't working on his 3, last summer he said he was though and we saw a 13% increase on much higher volume than the year before. I think it was a new career high or maybe slightly under his career high that he had when he was in his prime. That in itself tells me he improved the skill as he doesn't have the body he used to have in his prime anymore and players aren't playing as far off now due to him not being near as fast.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:13 AM
Why would that hurt the other parts of his game if he was just adding the shots to his workouts?

It's not easy, 500 shots a day is pretty tiring but it would get the job done and he would see improvmeent. I feel like people are thinking I'm saying he'll be Curry from 3 by next year if he works at it. That's not what I'm trying to say but, I think in the amount of time he has left in the league (I would assume 3 years) he could get to at least 34% by next year and by the end of that 3 years could be in the 38-40% range where Manu currently is.

I don't think that's a bad take at all but, it just depends on if that's his goal and if he's working on it. If he is working on it I would take Flashbolts bet but I have no way of knowing. 3 or more 3s per game and he was at 38% from 3, I want to see that volume every game and see if it holds true. He has many open opportunities a game as people still fear his ability to attack.

He said himself for multiple years he wasn't working on his 3, last summer he said he was though and we saw a 13% increase on much higher volume than the year before. I think it was a new career high or maybe slightly under his career high that he had when he was in his prime. That in itself tells me he improved the skill as he doesn't have the body he used to have in his prime anymore and players aren't playing as far off now due to him not being near as fast.

So your defense is, "He can work on it and get to X %" but literally, I can use that same argument for any player. Unless you have evidence of any sort that shows Wade can do it, then offer it. Otherwise, you're just blindly defending Wade through variables that may never ever happen. It's not easy being in the 38-40% shooting. People don't realize this but Kobe has never been able to shoot that % despite seemingly being a "better" shooter than guys like LeBron. You'd have to think Kobe would work on his three point shot, no?

Btw, it hurts the other parts of his game because to get open for a three pointer or create space, you'd have to give a reason for the defender to give you that space. Part of why Curry is dangerous is because he can pullup from three, attack the paint, and or pass the ball when he draws numerous defenders. None of which is possible if Curry is just shooting threes. If Wade just shoots threes, he's not working on his other parts of his game that allows him to get a better three point shot.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 10:17 AM
No, I pull the "anyone who has played basketball" game. It is a generic statement not targeted at anyone. That's totally different than always saying "you probably never played basketball. I played professionally so I know what I'm talking about."

What paragraph am I ignoring? Practically three people here has already told you that at some point, you honestly don't get better. if you do, it ain't by much at Wade's stage of his career. Dude is in his 15th season but will somehow develop a shot to be a catch-and-shoot player? Name me a player who made a transition like that. Of course you won't take the bet.. cause you know Wade won't be practicing his shot since Wade himself probably knows he'll never be a good enough of a shooter. So you can keep throwing, "if he keeps shooting and has more confidence" all you want but I can say that for any player.. and that's a terrible way of explaining basketball.

I never said what you're quoting me on, I said if you hooped you would know this. Didn't mention and have never mentioned what I did with basketball until your smart *** remarks. How the hell is "anyone who played would know" different than what I said? You're literally grasping at straws now.

I'm not saying he's going to be elite or anything. I don't think it's crazy to say that with the work be could become a 38% 3 point shooter on 4 attempts a game. That would be a nice mix with his game the way it is today and definitely not far fetched to say. Last year was the first year he openly said he was working on it and he shot up 13% on higher volume and you were trying to mock me on it lol. This year, I can't tell you if he will improve or not as I haven't heard of he's continuing to work on his 3. If he isn't he will see a decline but you probably don't understand that either if you don't think you will get better by putting in the work.

3 people haven't. You have and another guy said he could but it could hurt other parts of his game. I think he thought I meant a clear focus to only that but I meant adding it to his workouts. You can get 500 up in 30-60 minutes depending on how much rest you need in between while using the gun machine.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:23 AM
Lol, whatever. You'd probably kill your own mother for talking bad about Wade so I can care less about it at this point.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 10:25 AM
So your defense is, "He can work on it and get to X %" but literally, I can use that same argument for any player. Unless you have evidence of any sort that shows Wade can do it, then offer it. Otherwise, you're just blindly defending Wade through variables that may never ever happen. It's not easy being in the 38-40% shooting. People don't realize this but Kobe has never been able to shoot that % despite seemingly being a "better" shooter than guys like LeBron. You'd have to think Kobe would work on his three point shot, no?

Btw, it hurts the other parts of his game because to get open for a three pointer or create space, you'd have to give a reason for the defender to give you that space. Part of why Curry is dangerous is because he can pullup from three, attack the paint, and or pass the ball when he draws numerous defenders. None of which is possible if Curry is just shooting threes. If Wade just shoots threes, he's not working on his other parts of his game that allows him to get a better three point shot.

As for your last paragraph, you misunderstand. He would just add 500 shots to his workout.

For the first paragraph, yes you can use it for literally every player. Go ahead and do it, I'll say "yea you could be right if he puts in the work every day" as long as it isn't a crazy jump in percentage and volume as that would take many more years in most cases. For my evidence on Wade, last summer was the first summer he said he was working on it and he jumped 13% on higher volume. Thats year 1, have no way of knowing if he is continuing to work on it. I would assume he is but how would I know right now?

LeBron and shot over 40% from 3 in a season. Wade has said himself "no one can stop me from what I want to do so why would I work on my 3" but that isn't the case anymore. Wade Kobe and LeBron score in so many ways so they haven't seen the point to work on their 3s as much as someone like Jason Kidd or VC have later in their careers.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 10:31 AM
Lol, whatever. You'd probably kill your own mother for talking bad about Wade so I can care less about it at this point.

No I definitely wouldn't lol. You do care, you just don't understand how someone gets better at the game and I think you're seeing this so you're backing out. Nothing wrong with that but if someone does and has done it, don't sit here and try to mock them.

If I own a business and need to contract a landscaper, am I going to contact a landscaping company or am I going to come to you because I'm sure you've mowed before. If I need a workout plan and meal plan to burn body fat am I going to go to you or a personal trainer?

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 06:00 PM

Looks like it's the Cavs when he gets bought out. This should be fun. I think Wade and Love will play well together.

chi-townlove1
08-22-2017, 06:04 PM
Good riddance. Chase those rings harder. He's literally as annoying as lebron. Couldn't stand him in Miami. Couldn't stand the signing to Chicago. Completely unnecessary experiment.

Jamiecballer
08-22-2017, 06:25 PM

do you know how long it takes to take 500 3's? its not something you just tack onto a workout, and you are fooling yourself if you think he doesn't take a good number of them when he is working in the gym already. and you don't maintain excellence in all areas without continuing to work on all said areas. and dwyane wade didn't get to where he is by being less than devoted to his craft already. i don't see it.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Good riddance. Chase those rings harder. He's literally as annoying as lebron. Couldn't stand him in Miami. Couldn't stand the signing to Chicago. Completely unnecessary experiment.

I also can't wait for him to get out of CHicago. Bad organization/Fans/worst FO. Worst season as a fan for me.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 06:31 PM
do you know how long it takes to take 500 3's? its not something you just tack onto a workout, and you are fooling yourself if you think he doesn't take a good number of them when he is working in the gym already. and you don't maintain excellence in all areas without continuing to work on all said areas. and dwyane wade didn't get to where he is by being less than devoted to his craft already. i don't see it.

On the gun it takes no more than 30-45 minutes.

JordansBulls
08-22-2017, 09:36 PM
Don't see why the Bulls would buy him out. Might as well just keep him. Buying him out means you still pay him whatever the hell he wants which counts against the cap. At least keep him to put fans in the seats. Not to mention he opted in for this season for his contract.

TotesMagotes
08-22-2017, 10:35 PM
Don't see why the Bulls would buy him out. Might as well just keep him. Buying him out means you still pay him whatever the hell he wants which counts against the cap. At least keep him to put fans in the seats. Not to mention he opted in for this season for his contract.

Because he makes the team better and they're tanking?

JordansBulls
08-22-2017, 10:40 PM

Why they can get to the finals with him had they kept Butler or traded Butler for Kyrie.

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 10:48 PM
Why they can get to the finals with him had they kept Butler or traded Butler for Kyrie.

No they can't. The rest of the team is straight garbage.

Kyben36
08-22-2017, 10:57 PM

I must not have seen wade last season. lol

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 11:08 PM
I must not have seen wade last season. lol

He won and made many of the biggest plays in the 4th quarters of multiple wins last year.

Off the top of my head....Pelicans, Celtics opening night, Kings x2, Pacers, and I'm sure there's quite a few more.

RowBTrice
08-23-2017, 05:10 PM
At this point just keep Wade. He sucks and will absolutely help this team tank. I assume he will also HATE spending this season in Chicago, which makes me happier. Keep him in Chi, let him be absolutely miserable.

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 05:15 PM
At this point just keep Wade. He sucks and will absolutely help this team tank. I assume he will also HATE spending this season in Chicago, which makes me happier. Keep him in Chi, let him be absolutely miserable.

There's 24M reasons why he won't be miserable though.

Heediot
08-23-2017, 05:17 PM
Wade to Cleveland by February at the latest. JR/Shump one of the two will be moved.

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 05:19 PM
Wade to Cleveland by February at the latest. JR/Shump one of the two will be moved.

I would assume it's Shumpert that's moved. They need JRs high volume 3 point shooting.

eDush
08-23-2017, 05:21 PM

There's 24M reasons why he won't be miserable though.If you really think all he cares about is money, then you don't know your lover as well as I thought :pity:

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 06:06 PM
If you really think all he cares about is money, then you don't know your lover as well as I thought :pity:

When they asked him why he opted in he said he had 24M reasons why. Just be ready to change your name to eDouche after the Raptors win 50 games.

valade16
08-23-2017, 06:48 PM

I agree, Wade did a dick move opting in when he didn't want to play in Chicago, Chicago should make him stay.

GiantsSwaGG
08-23-2017, 07:13 PM
I would assume it's Shumpert that's moved. They need JRs high volume 3 point shooting.

Who the **** is taking Shumpert without that BK pick? He's TRASH

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 08:12 PM

I'm sure somebody would. I have a hard time seeing them trading JR but who knows?

NYKnickFanatic
08-23-2017, 08:19 PM

The Knicks.

Laker Legend42
08-23-2017, 10:30 PM
I wonder what's taking so long. Why not go ahead and get it over with so he could start preparing for camp with whatever team he goes to.

Yanks All Day
08-23-2017, 11:33 PM

Shumpert has 2 years and $21 million left on his contract. The 2nd year is a player option for $11 million. Essentially, he's on a 1 year deal. There are any number of teams that would trade for him before February's deadline assuming he'd be opting out once the year is done.

He's not close to the defensive player he once was, but he's not nearly bad enough that a team wouldn't bring him in for 3 months hoping he can help a little on the defensive end. I don't think Cleveland would have any trouble moving him at all.

As for Dwyane Wade, the writing is on the wall. That buyout is coming and he'll finish out the rest of the season with LeBron in Cleveland. Then I wouldn't be shocked if they both signed with the same team in the off-season.

GiantsSwaGG
08-24-2017, 12:38 AM
Shumpert has 2 years and $21 million left on his contract. The 2nd year is a player option for $11 million. Essentially, he's on a 1 year deal. There are any number of teams that would trade for him before February's deadline assuming he'd be opting out once the year is done.

He's not close to the defensive player he once was, but he's not nearly bad enough that a team wouldn't bring him in for 3 months hoping he can help a little on the defensive end. I don't think Cleveland would have any trouble moving him at all.

As for Dwyane Wade, the writing is on the wall. That buyout is coming and he'll finish out the rest of the season with LeBron in Cleveland. Then I wouldn't be shocked if they both signed with the same team in the off-season.

He's not opting out of that 11 million dollar option so it's a 2 yr deal for a player who's an average defender and nothing more. Let's be honest he won't sniff that much money once his deal is done. I wouldn't be surprise if he's out of the league by then. He's garbage!

GiantsSwaGG
08-24-2017, 12:39 AM
The Knicks.

I'll gladly take Shump for that BK pick and have him rot on the bench for the next 2 yrs

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 09:02 AM
I agree, Wade did a dick move opting in when he didn't want to play in Chicago, Chicago should make him stay.

yeah... what a dick... he opted into a contract that Chicago freely signed to maximize their revenue... they then decide to go the rebuild route so he should do them a favor and just opt out...

solid logic :rolleyes:

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 09:41 AM
yeah... what a dick... he opted into a contract that Chicago freely signed to maximize their revenue... they then decide to go the rebuild route so he should do them a favor and just opt out...

It was a smart move by Wade obviously maximizing his pay, can't fault him for that. But he needs to keep his mouth shut and be a good member of the team if they decide to keep him. Goes both ways. He was perfectly within his rights to opt in. They're perfectly within their rights to rebuild. That's how this works. If he's pushing them to cut him and he's going to be disgruntled because he CHOSE to opt in, then yes, he's a dick.

Chisweetness34
08-24-2017, 10:30 AM
It was a smart move by Wade obviously maximizing his pay, can't fault him for that. But he needs to keep his mouth shut and be a good member of the team if they decide to keep him. Goes both ways. He was perfectly within his rights to opt in. They're perfectly within their rights to rebuild. That's how this works. If he's pushing them to cut him and he's going to be disgruntled because he CHOSE to opt in, then yes, he's a dick.

This. He opted in. If he wants to cry to the media and not be a good teammate, then we can just show him the bench.

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 11:18 AM

ummm ... what public statements has he made about buying him out or cutting him? There is a lot of speculation going on in here with not many facts... from what I see wade and Chicago have both met their obligations under the contract they signed...

Maybe I should speculate that Chicago mgmt. is trying to make wade look like the bad guy because they aren't happy about the discount he is willing to take on the buyout...

nah... I'll leave the speculating to the PSD experts

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 11:21 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Oakmont_4 View Post

ummm ... what public statements has he made about buying him out or cutting him? There is a lot of speculation going on in here with not many facts... from what I see wade and Chicago have both met their obligations under the contract they signed...

Maybe I should speculate that Chicago mgmt. is trying to make wade look like the bad guy because they aren't happy about the discount he is willing to take on the buyout...

If you read...I said IF. I didn't say he was. I said IF.

valade16
08-24-2017, 11:26 AM

It's not about doing anybody a favor. If he opted in knowing he doesn't want to play there solely to get more money when they buy him out that is a dick move.

Him opting in or out has nothing to do with doing Chicago a favor and everything to do with where he actually wants to play.

You're right there is a lot of speculation. If he doesn't get bought out and he plays the entire season distraction free this is all much ado about nothing.

If he does get bought out or he is disgruntled and doesn't want to play for Chicago I will have little sympathy for him in light of him opting in.

valade16
08-24-2017, 11:27 AM

Exactly, what's so hard to understand about that. This is all based on the assumption that Wade opted in knowing he didn't want to play there so he could get more money when he's bought out.

If that's what he did, it's a complete dick move. If he didn't, obviously it's not.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2017, 12:02 PM
This buyout seems to be taking sometime. Bulls holding off and maybe fielding trade offers first? But not so sure Bulls would want to take on future years of whatever they get.

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 12:14 PM

PSD where the uneducated can't follow a conversation...

I responded to someone who said it was A DICK MOVE...

You came to the conversation late... the accusation was of him BEING A DICK.... not if he is a dick... not could he be a dick BUT THE ACCUSATION THAT HE WAS A DICK...

That is what I responded to... you then come in and add nothing to the conversation (quite often the case with your posts)

Nothing that wade has done at this point warrants him being characterized as a dick... of course that is what I first posted but you wanted to run your mouth as usual and add nothing to the conversation...

a piece of advice... if you have nothing to add go ahead and move along

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 12:18 PM
It's not about doing anybody a favor. If he opted in knowing he doesn't want to play there solely to get more money when they buy him out that is a dick move.

Him opting in or out has nothing to do with doing Chicago a favor and everything to do with where he actually wants to play.

You're right there is a lot of speculation. If he doesn't get bought out and he plays the entire season distraction free this is all much ado about nothing.

If he does get bought out or he is disgruntled and doesn't want to play for Chicago I will have little sympathy for him in light of him opting in.

except you said him opting in was a dick move... you didn't say if ... you didn't qualify your comment ... you said it was a dick move...

own what you post... it was idiotic

Wade has done nothing wrong at this point

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 12:18 PM
PSD where the uneducated can't follow a conversation...

I responded to someone who said it was A DICK MOVE...

You came to the conversation late... the accusation was of him BEING A DICK.... not if he is a dick... not could he be a dick BUT THE ACCUSATION THAT HE WAS A DICK...

That is what I responded to... you then come in and add nothing to the conversation (quite often the case with your posts)

Nothing that wade has done at this point warrants him being characterized as a dick... of course that is what I first posted but you wanted to run your mouth as usual and add nothing to the conversation...

a piece of advice... if you have nothing to add go ahead and move along

A post that adds nothing about other posters adding nothing. About what I expect from you. Be defensive all you want. The poster you were in convo with agreed with my point. Seems you're the one not following the conversation....

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 12:23 PM
This buyout seems to be taking sometime. Bulls holding off and maybe fielding trade offers first? But not so sure Bulls would want to take on future years of whatever they get.

Agreed to the bolded.. the bulls are the ones floating this so they can flesh out any offers and make certain teams think the only way they can get him is via trade... once he is bought out he can go anywhere...

Personally, I would hold onto him until the deadline because he could be more valuable in a deal where a high priced player has to be moved and he can be traded as an expiring...

he probably still gets bought out at that point assuming he would have to waive a trade kicker that I am sure he has.

no rush to get anything done unless he takes a massive discount or becomes a cancer

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 12:25 PM
A post that adds nothing about other posters adding nothing. About what I expect from you. Be defensive all you want. The poster you were in convo with agreed with my point. Seems you're the one not following the conversation....

more priceless logic... the ignorant circling the wagons is definitely validation of a viewpoint

OMFG... thank you for your post ... you made my day

valade16
08-24-2017, 12:29 PM
except you said him opting in was a dick move... you didn't say if ... you didn't qualify your comment ... you said it was a dick move...

own what you post... it was idiotic

Wade has done nothing wrong at this point

How about you say what I said in full:

You're right, I should have qualified my comment with "if that is true he didn't want to play in Chicago".

So we are left with the exact same point I just delineated:

1. If Wade opted in knowing he didn't want to play in Chicago just to get more money that is a dick move.

2. If he didn't, it is not a dick move.

Disagree with 1 or 2 if you want.

Wade has done nothing wrong at this point, I even said that. If he plays the entire season out and causes no problems you're 100% right. As I said.

In short, we are actually on the same page you just decided to be unnecessarily confrontational and pissy about it. Not sure why.

If Wade opted in knowing he didn't want to play there solely to get more money in a buy-out, do you think that is a dick move, yes or no?

Vinylman
08-24-2017, 01:02 PM
How about you say what I said in full:

You're right, I should have qualified my comment with "if that is true he didn't want to play in Chicago".

So we are left with the exact same point I just delineated:

1. If Wade opted in knowing he didn't want to play in Chicago just to get more money that is a dick move.

2. If he didn't, it is not a dick move.

Disagree with 1 or 2 if you want.

Wade has done nothing wrong at this point, I even said that. If he plays the entire season out and causes no problems you're 100% right. As I said.

In short, we are actually on the same page you just decided to be unnecessarily confrontational and pissy about it. Not sure why.

If Wade opted in knowing he didn't want to play there solely to get more money in a buy-out, do you think that is a dick move, yes or no?

nothing wade did relative to his contract is a dick move... he opted in to collect what was rightfully his.

If at some future point the parties mutually agree to a buyout then that is fine...

the only point wade should get grief is if the bulls agree to a reasonable buyout and he balks but even then he is well within his rights.

valade16
08-24-2017, 01:06 PM
nothing wade did relative to his contract is a dick move... he opted in to collect what was rightfully his.

If at some future point the parties mutually agree to a buyout then that is fine...

the only point wade should get grief is if the bulls agree to a reasonable buyout and he balks but even then he is well within his rights.

I'm not saying he did anything illegal or he didn't have the right or authority to do what he did. But being able to do something and that something being a dick move are not mutually exclusive.

If Wade stays in Chicago and complains or is a malcontent he should get grief. If he didn't want to play there, he should have opted out and gone wherever he wanted to play.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Well ya figure its Wade's last big score. At this point he should see what Duncan and Dirk did by taking discounts. Also Wade got his rings. Not much left to prove.

WaDe03
08-25-2017, 02:44 PM
Jimmy was on the team still when he opted in. They were going to go after FAs.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 02:48 PM
Jimmy was on the team still when he opted in. They were going to go after FAs.

If D Wade thought they were going after any legitimate Free Agents, he's a fool. He chose to opt in. He knew Jimmy's future was uncertain. He opted in for the money, and that's it. Which is fine. But he has to own his decision no matter what direction the organization decides to go in.

WaDe03
08-25-2017, 02:58 PM
If D Wade thought they were going after any legitimate Free Agents, he's a fool. He chose to opt in. He knew Jimmy's future was uncertain. He opted in for the money, and that's it. Which is fine. But he has to own his decision no matter what direction the organization decides to go in.

Wade and Jimmy were going after the FAs. They were going to talk to Lowry Melo etc.

Scoots
08-25-2017, 03:29 PM
I'm not saying he did anything illegal or he didn't have the right or authority to do what he did. But being able to do something and that something being a dick move are not mutually exclusive.

If Wade stays in Chicago and complains or is a malcontent he should get grief. If he didn't want to play there, he should have opted out and gone wherever he wanted to play.

It's only a dick move if they don't buy him out or cut him and he's a dick about THAT. Right now he has executed a clause in his contract that would have been WAY more surprising for him not to exercise. When he signed the contract he expected to be playing with certain players and the team did too I assume ... it wasn't a dick move by the team to trade those players away so I don't see how you can blame Wade for anything he did.

Then you have the shady **** with Pau and the Spurs.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 03:53 PM
Wade and Jimmy were going after the FAs. They were going to talk to Lowry Melo etc.

And like I said, foolish. Those two can talk to whoever they want, but clearly management was going in a different direction. This is one of the things I hate about the current state of the NBA. The players think they run the organizations. And they do when they're an LBJ or a Durant or a Westbrook. But a washed up Wade isn't going to be able to recruit his own team. So again, he was foolish to think the Bull management wasn't going to atleast explore moving Jimmy like they have been for the past 2 years.

WaDe03
08-25-2017, 04:10 PM
And like I said, foolish. Those two can talk to whoever they want, but clearly management was going in a different direction. This is one of the things I hate about the current state of the NBA. The players think they run the organizations. And they do when they're an LBJ or a Durant or a Westbrook. But a washed up Wade isn't going to be able to recruit his own team. So again, he was foolish to think the Bull management wasn't going to atleast explore moving Jimmy like they have been for the past 2 years.

Washed up lmao!

MassoDio
08-25-2017, 04:31 PM
Wade isn't washed up...but he isn't really a difference maker anymore either. He is still a good player when he is able to be on the floor. The game has changed, he has aged, and he can't be counted on for parts of every season. But when he plays, he is still smart...he can still make an impact most of the time....and he can still have games that he takes over for stretches.

As far as him opting in...it was his right....but there is no way anyone can tell me that he didn't know that the Bulls had every intention of trading Butler unless they couldn't get something that was even remotely up to his worth. The writing had been on the wall for over a year. Wade opting in was about one thing...money. And that is fine. The Bulls gave him the contract....he wasn't going to get paid that much by anyone else now. So he took the money. The only thing that will be a dick move is if he becomes disgruntled and starts speaking out against the team to the media and on social media, etc. Then...that would be a total dick move since it was his decision to opt in. Other than that...he was owed the money due in his contract. Again though...if he didn't know the team was working on trading Butler he is an idiot. But there is no way he didn't see that coming...no matter what bill of goods he tries to sell publicly.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 04:38 PM
Washed up lmao!

Washed up was a poor choice in words. Everything else stands. Let me rephrase.

"But an old, injury prone Wade who's not what he used to be, going to be able to recruit his own team"

Heediot
08-25-2017, 04:47 PM
Washed up lmao!

Pretty close tbh. Depending on how you define it.

Scoots
08-25-2017, 09:39 PM
Pretty close tbh. Depending on how you define it.

Maybe just "washing up" ... not done yet, but clearly on the way to being washed.

WaDe03
08-26-2017, 10:29 AM
Maybe just "washing up" ... not done yet, but clearly on the way to being washed.

Funny thing is, you all have been saying this since 2013 and here we are.

Oakmont_4
08-26-2017, 10:44 AM

He's declined every year since 2014. So he hasn't been that far off.

Heediot
08-26-2017, 11:09 AM
Then you have the shady **** with Pau and the Spurs.

I missed the details, what's so suspect about his new contract?

warfelg
08-26-2017, 11:12 AM
I missed the details, what's so suspect about his new contract?

He opted out of a higher paying player option to take a lower paying 2 year deal.

This happens a ton with them. I don't think it's shady at all TBH.

Oakmont_4
08-26-2017, 11:33 AM
He opted out of a higher paying player option to take a lower paying 2 year deal.

Agreed, definitely not shady. Pau made the decision to do it. Nothing shady about the player willingly taking less money to stay in a situation he wants to be in.

Vinylman
08-26-2017, 11:36 AM

It isn't shady but I definitely want to see the league change the rule on this. If you decline an option you should not be able to sign for less WITH the same team in terms of annual salary. It is just a way for the rich to stay richer (see Durant)...

The other way to fix it is to say bird rights don't accrue if you opt out. These deals are no different than a wink wink off the books deal...

Anyone who doesn't think KD doesn't have a guarantee from GS management on a 5 year deal is just naive

Oakmont_4
08-26-2017, 11:49 AM
It isn't shady but I definitely want to see the league change the rule on this. If you decline an option you should not be able to sign for less WITH the same team in terms of annual salary. It is just a way for the rich to stay richer (see Durant)...

The other way to fix it is to say bird rights don't accrue if you opt out. These deals are no different than a wink wink off the books deal...

Anyone who doesn't think KD doesn't have a guarantee from GS management on a 5 year deal is just naive

There's nothing wrong with a player signing for less. If that's their prerogative, then so be it.

The bird right stuff is already in existence. Spurs don't have bird rights on Pau and GS doesn't have bird rights on KD.

warfelg
08-26-2017, 11:51 AM

Yea that's not going to happen. Both Owners and players get screwed in that proposition.

And before Warriors fans jump on it, yes there is a double edged sword here. When a guy at the end of his deal (Pau, Dirk) do things like this to drop from $8mil or so, down to $5mil or so I don't have an issue with it. When a guy who could be one of the highest paid players in the NBA is leaving $10mil on the table is ****** for the top players.

Now from a owner perspective they have a reason to say "you should take less" and you have a bit of a bit of a situation brewing if another player or two do this.

I mean in the case of Dirk or Pau the agents can easily argue that they are over the hill players who play smaller roles anyways and you can't use that as an argument. But in the case of KD's pay cut owners can easily say "tell your player to invest, take all endorsements, etc, etc, to make money away from the game."

Jamiecballer
08-26-2017, 01:12 PM

i agree. calling that shady seems very weird to me :confused:

Chronz
08-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Its a Dick move but it's standard procedure101 guys

Vinylman
08-26-2017, 06:38 PM
There's nothing wrong with a player signing for less. If that's their prerogative, then so be it.

The bird right stuff is already in existence. Spurs don't have bird rights on Pau and GS doesn't have bird rights on KD.

Of course they don't have their birds right now... I am talking about them continuing to accrue which they do with KD...

Scoots
08-26-2017, 07:53 PM

It's been true since 2014. He's not done but he's not close to the old Wade either.

warfelg
08-26-2017, 07:56 PM
It's been true since 2014. He's not done but he's not close to the old Wade either.

If he could reinvent himself like Carter he could have a nice second career.

Scoots
08-26-2017, 08:01 PM
i agree. calling that shady seems very weird to me :confused:

The fact that he opted out of $16M option, took no meetings with any other team, the Spurs didn't get any free agents, then signed Pau to a 3 year deal at $16M per year on paper makes it fairly clear he had a deal in place before he opted out, and I believe that's against the rules.

Vinylman
08-26-2017, 09:11 PM
The fact that he opted out of $16M option, took no meetings with any other team, the Spurs didn't get any free agents, then signed Pau to a 3 year deal at $16M per year on paper makes it fairly clear he had a deal in place before he opted out, and I believe that's against the rules.

You act like KD doesn't have a handshake deal in place...

Scoots
08-26-2017, 11:50 PM
You act like KD doesn't have a handshake deal in place...

He doesn't. He signed his deal. If you are referring to earlier this year, no I don't believe there was a handshake deal. I think the team made it clear they would re-sign him, but the terms were negotiated late. And KD isn't 37 years old and isn't CLEARLY being over-paid for his loyalty.

I don't care that Pau re-signed, in fact I love the Spurs way ... it's just that as far as skirting the NBA labor rules I think that deal is the closest to over the line.

Vinylman
08-27-2017, 11:06 AM
He doesn't. He signed his deal. If you are referring to earlier this year, no I don't believe there was a handshake deal. I think the team made it clear they would re-sign him, but the terms were negotiated late. And KD isn't 37 years old and isn't CLEARLY being over-paid for his loyalty.

I don't care that Pau re-signed, in fact I love the Spurs way ... it's just that as far as skirting the NBA labor rules I think that deal is the closest to over the line.

Durant and GS have a clear understanding right now on what he will get next summer to think anything else is simply naive.

Oakmont_4
08-27-2017, 11:17 AM
Yeah, Durant and GS both know where they stand with each other. KD isn't exploring anything else and GS is going to pay him the max they can, he'll take what they can give him. Further ruining the sport and KD further screwing his colleagues.

warfelg
08-27-2017, 11:20 AM
Durant and GS have a clear understanding right now on what he will get next summer to think anything else is simply naive.

Agreed.

Almost every team does something like this.

And it's an old Pau who traded out short term money for long term opportunity.

Vinylman
08-27-2017, 12:34 PM
Agreed.

Almost every team does something like this.

And it's an old Pau who traded out short term money for long term opportunity.

Oh I agree... that's why singling out guys is so dumb ... everyone does it

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 09:37 AM
He's declined every year since 2014. So he hasn't been that far off.

So when a top 20 player ever starts to decline they're instantly washed? I would consider washed to be to the point that the player actually sucks and can't see the floor.

WaDe03
09-01-2017, 09:39 AM

If you're still a good player you're not washed up. Top 10 player in the 2016 playoffs, not too long ago.

JordansBulls
09-01-2017, 10:29 PM

No he is not done, not even close, still a top 10 player in the league like Lebron.

LaVar Ball
09-01-2017, 10:52 PM
No he is not done, not even close, still a top 10 player in the league like Lebron.
You need to change your sig.

The guys on the right work for the Cavs and T'wolves respectively.

LA4life24/8
09-02-2017, 12:13 AM
He'll be a cavalier at some point this season. Just a matter of when

Jeffy25
09-02-2017, 04:28 PM

Do you ever have any interest in posting something other than random, hysterical, fictional fandom?

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Wade recently took his children out of school in Chicago and moved them back to Miami, but Kennedy warns not to read too much into the move. Wade and Heat president Pat Riley have barely communicated*since their 2016 breakup, and Wade wouldn’t be guaranteed a starting spot in Miami. Other teams, such as the Nuggets and Bucks, who both tried to sign Wade last summer, could also get involved.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/latest-on-dwyane-wade-2.html

Article also mentioned Wade and Bulls front office haven't talked in about two months. Wade is prepared to show up to camp if no buyout occurs. Then mentions Nuggets and Bucks had interests in him to sign him before Bulls signed him. Curious if Bulls seeking a trade rather then a buyout now? Maybe a first round pick and salary fillers? Wade makes $23.8M this season.

That be a lot of salary fillers or more less junk coming back if Bulls went that route. Trade probably be in best interests for the Bulls to pry away a pick or something. They will be tanking this year any way. Not so sure Bucks could use Wade now. Just signed Snell to a 4 year deal. We got Middleton back and healthy. Also just draft Brown at the combo guard spot. Beside still have Vaughn.

Besides Jet maybe signing back pretty soon. Also Brogdon and Delly and Payton II. Then Parker back in February where he's best suited at SF. Then that shift Middleton down to SG or small ball PF if Giannis slide over to center. Wade would be nice but more less a luxury at this point. Also doubt Bulls want to eat salary like Delly or Henson.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 12:26 PM
https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/09/latest-on-dwyane-wade-2.html

Article also mentioned Wade and Bulls front office haven't talked in about two months. Wade is prepared to show up to camp if no buyout occurs. Then mentions Nuggets and Bucks had interests in him to sign him before Bulls signed him. Curious if Bulls seeking a trade rather then a buyout now? Maybe a first round pick and salary fillers? Wade makes $23.8M this season.

That be a lot of salary fillers or more less junk coming back if Bulls went that route. Trade probably be in best interests for the Bulls to pry away a pick or something. They will be tanking this year any way. Not so sure Bucks could use Wade now. Just signed Snell to a 4 year deal. We got Middleton back and healthy. Also just draft Brown at the combo guard spot. Beside still have Vaughn.

Besides Jet maybe signing back pretty soon. Also Brogdon and Delly and Payton II. Then Parker back in February where he's best suited at SF. Then that shift Middleton down to SG or small ball PF if Giannis slide over to center. Wade would be nice but more less a luxury at this point. Also doubt Bulls want to eat salary like Delly or Henson.

If the Lakers were smart they would send Deng Filler and a 1st for Wade to start the LeBron and PG recruitment. Wade and PG have been working out together.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 12:32 PM
Deng is still negative value though Also What's the earliest Lakers can trade their own pick? Doesn't Celtics have their pick with some crazy protection on it? I think teams expect more to eat a Deng. That's why it hasn't happened yet. Heck teams expected two first round picks to eat dead weight Rockets Anderson.

Only way Lakers or Clippers or Rockets get Wade this year is if a buyout happens. If I was the Bulls i'd seek a trade and acquire a first for Wade while eating some salary. But not complete dead weight contracts like a Deng or Noah or Asik or Mozgov's or Anderson's of the world.

FlashBolt
09-07-2017, 04:20 PM
If the Lakers were smart they would send Deng Filler and a 1st for Wade to start the LeBron and PG recruitment. Wade and PG have been working out together.

And Bulls would take that, why? They get rid of Wade - who they don't want but have no choice, so they can sign a lesser player in Deng on a much longer contract? Makes zero sense. Deng isn't even a locker room guy or veteran presence. Never heard a peep about him helping other players in the Lakers develop.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 05:13 PM
And Bulls would take that, why? They get rid of Wade - who they don't want but have no choice, so they can sign a lesser player in Deng on a much longer contract? Makes zero sense. Deng isn't even a locker room guy or veteran presence. Never heard a peep about him helping other players in the Lakers develop.

Because salary doesn't really matter to them right now and they can get a pick/picks and/or young players out of it.

SportsFanatic10
09-07-2017, 06:16 PM

I mean I doubt it will happen nor do I want it too, but that actually makes more than zero sense when you look at it. Deng is a fan favorite in Chicago, and a he's fine in the locker room I'm sure as he seems like a stand up guy. We loved him when he was on the Heat for a short stint. Lets face it, the Bulls are in for a long term rebuild here and the contract won't matter that much, they'll probably almost need it to reach the salary cap floor once Wade's salary is gone. And they'd get a 1st to help the rebuild along along with a reunion with a beloved longtime Bull. He'd also be an expiring contract after next year they could probably dump. Better then buying Wade out if they get a 1st with Deng. So I think it actually does make some sense for them. I mean, they had to part with their own first in the Butler deal which was beyond dumb already haha, at least they'd get one out of Wade in that scenario.

FlashBolt
09-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Because salary doesn't really matter to them right now and they can get a pick/picks and/or young players out of it.

That's not how teams operate. They still need to draw seats and Deng there would make Chicago fans quit watching basketball. It makes sense for the Lakers but that's only because you only want to put Wade in the best situation regardless of who it makes worse :)

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 08:46 PM
That's not how teams operate. They still need to draw seats and Deng there would make Chicago fans quit watching basketball. It makes sense for the Lakers but that's only because you only want to put Wade in the best situation regardless of who it makes worse :)

Just a marketing tactic Magic would be interested but so far every offer by them has been turned down. Deng Randle and a first, maybe another 2nd rounder makes it a great deal for the Bulls. They'll have to pay Randle but as we see with RFA this year the market isn't too hot and not many teams have cap so they could get him for a bargain.

They're not going to fill seats buying Wade out either, might as well bring back a fan favorite. The fans and organization are garbage though so I'm not too worried about what they do lol.

CTCUBBIES
09-07-2017, 10:39 PM
Just a marketing tactic Magic would be interested but so far every offer by them has been turned down. Deng Randle and a first, maybe another 2nd rounder makes it a great deal for the Bulls. They'll have to pay Randle but as we see with RFA this year the market isn't too hot and not many teams have cap so they could get him for a bargain.

They're not going to fill seats buying Wade out either, might as well bring back a fan favorite. The fans and organization are garbage though so I'm not too worried about what they do lol.

Let Wade rot on the bench. Choices have consequences. He chose to waste his last two decent years for "garbage fans and a garbage organization" so now he can live with it.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 10:50 PM

Hopefully these talks lead to a quick buyout so he can start the season with a contender.

TrueFan420
09-07-2017, 10:54 PM
Let Wade rot on the bench. Choices have consequences. He chose to waste his last two decent years for "garbage fans and a garbage organization" so now he can live with it.

If he wants to leave let him leave but I'd charge him $$$$$ to go. He doesn't get to opt in to what 20 mill then get a buyout for less. Min requirement would be the full years salary. He basically gets a second chance to Opt Out. Once the season starts that option goes out the window.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 10:55 PM

Most negative fan base I've ever seen and puts guys like Valentine/Zipser/Felicio etc on a pedestal while dogging Wade Rondo and Jimmy (out of love for Rose). It's hilarious.

Easily the worst FO in the league, the only other competition is the Knicks. GarPax tells Wade Jimmy will not be traded and the goal is to build a contender, they tell Jimmy he isn't going to be traded and then they do the exact opposite. Have built a terrible team with little to no assets.

Let Wade rot on the bench while the players union destroys the FO and Wade buries the organization on his way out. You're getting no top level FAs with that FO, especially if Wade chooses to bury them on the way out.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 10:55 PM
Fire Hoiberg chants mid playoff game to where the opposing coach in Stevens gets pissed and fire GarPax billboards up in Chicago. What a joke!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 12:52 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article171949367.html

Mentions Miami would consider Wade back. That's after a buyout and sign him for $4.3M and a bench role.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 12:56 PM
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article171949367.html

Mentions Miami would consider Wade back. That's after a buyout and sign him for $4.3M and a bench role.

Yea he's not coming off the bench for Dion Waiters for a team who has not shot at a ring. I'll
Be pretty surprised if he doesn't end up in Cleveland. They've already said he'll start there if he goes.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 01:25 PM
I was gonna suggest Wade buyout and head to Rockets. But they have no cap left and hard capped. Not sure if they waived them guys with team options or unguaranteed deals be enough to sign Wade. They'd need to dump Anderson for less salary to sign Wade some how and maybe trade for Melo yet. But seems they wont part with Ariza or Gordon. No one wants Anderson and they have no legit assets left to even convince a team to eat them. Yeah my Bucks chimed it for Anderson I guess according to the latest rumors.

But we probably told Rockets yeah we'll eat Anderson if Knicks eat our junk. Knicks bulked then asked for Parker then we bulked. Not sure Rockets would consider trading for Wade instead of a buyout. But doubt Bulls wanna eat Anderson either. Also even if Wade was some kinda option to land on Rockets. Not so sure that change Rockets minds in trading Gordon or Ariza though. They seem to be holding firm with Anderson only for Melo.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 01:27 PM
If they trade for Melo I could see the Rockets and I heard they were going to go after him if he's bought out. They have the MLE I believe.

FlashBolt
09-08-2017, 05:35 PM
If Wade goes to Miami this season, banana-boat is over. No way Wade will leave Miami 2x.

WaDe03
09-15-2017, 01:59 PM
If Wade goes to Miami this season, banana-boat is over. No way Wade will leave Miami 2x.

I agree, would be disappointing. He said he wants to contend for a ring though so surely he'll join a contender.

Wade and LeBron worked out together all week getting ready for the season, surely they talked about it and that has to be tempting to push for the buyout. I would assume he would like majority of the season with the Cavs to build chemistry. I don't think he's been busting his *** all summer just to play for the tanking bulls.

RowBTrice
09-15-2017, 02:38 PM
Are you related to dawayne? Seriously, are you his son or something??

WaDe03
09-15-2017, 02:41 PM
Are you related to dawayne? Seriously, are you his son or something??

I follow him on social media and they've been posting their workouts all week.

Go somewhere else with your constant negativity, I don't want to hear it.

WaDe03
09-15-2017, 02:44 PM
After looking at your sig, I can see why you're always mad lol.

RowBTrice
09-15-2017, 04:08 PM
Go somewhere other than the NBA forum to talk about an NBA player? Lol ok.

WaDe03
09-15-2017, 10:49 PM
Go somewhere other than the NBA forum to talk about an NBA player? Lol ok.

Were you discussing the topic about the NBA player or taking a personal jab at me? Looks like the latter.

zn23
09-18-2017, 06:35 PM
Wade doesnt wanna take a backseat to king Lauri

RowBTrice
09-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Were you discussing the topic about the NBA player or taking a personal jab at me? Looks like the latter.

I'm genuinely interested in why you're so dedicated to this NBA player. Seems like it goes beyond fandom. Was just wondering if we have a player's family member on the boards or what.

Anyway, I hope Chicago does not buy him out at all. He opted in assuming he'd get a buyout and get paid free $$ while then getting to choose his next team. Screw that. Let him rot in Chicago with the horrible front office that brought him in in the first place.

LaVar Ball
09-19-2017, 03:44 PM
So GarPax are still holding him hostage?

braidster#1
09-19-2017, 09:45 PM
So GarPax are still holding him hostage?

How are they holding him hostage? "He" made the choice to opt in...and save the crap about him wanting to play for a contender, because he knew before he went there in the first place they had no chance of the second round at best.

Vinylman
09-20-2017, 06:38 AM
How are they holding him hostage? "He" made the choice to opt in...and save the crap about him wanting to play for a contender, because he knew before he went there in the first place they had no chance of the second round at best.

they make the second round last year EASILY if the injury doesn't happen...

As for Wade... I don't see him complaining ... he said he will be at camp and ready to go...

pretty much PSD created drama at this point

WaDe03
09-20-2017, 02:00 PM
John Paxson said they'll talk to Wade when he gets back in town. Hopefully it's resolved fast.

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 10:13 AM

Looks like a buyout will be coming very soon.

Vee-Rex
09-21-2017, 12:10 PM

Looks like a buyout will be coming very soon.

Wade to C-Town let's do this!

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 12:17 PM
Wade to C-Town let's do this!

Let's get it!!!

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 12:19 PM
Would actually help the Bulls image a lot if they're reasonable and this doesn't drag out. They need all the help they can get when it comes to their image now too.

FlashBolt
09-21-2017, 12:24 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in Wade, tbh. Him returning to his "home" that he tried to make symbolic and emotional was just him wanting more money. I hope they reach a buyout because Bulls will suck very bad and Wade in Cavs would be fun but I really hate how he has handled this. Granted, Bulls management is also terrible but this is just getting annoying.

WaDe03
09-21-2017, 12:37 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in Wade, tbh. Him returning to his "home" that he tried to make symbolic and emotional was just him wanting more money. I hope they reach a buyout because Bulls will suck very bad and Wade in Cavs would be fun but I really hate how he has handled this. Granted, Bulls management is also terrible but this is just getting annoying.

Thing is, he was all about building a contender until he saw how the organization worked behind the scenes and how they handled the Jimmy situation and traded him. Jimmy said him and Wade were going to be recruiting hard this summer to bring in FAs, they felt confident in getting Lowry, maybe could've talked Melo into something after or went after another player. In the end, GarPax were just some crooks and didn't know how to run the organization and are proabably the worst FO in the league. It's either them or the Knicks. Wade saw the writing on the wall and said **** it, there's no money on the market to join a contender I'll opt in and get a nice chunk of my contract and then sign with a contender and get 2.3M on top of that for the minimum or sign for the exception somewhere. Pretty smart imo.

nastynice
09-21-2017, 11:31 PM
I hope he comes to golden state. God I would love reading this thread!! lol!

SportsFanatic10
09-21-2017, 11:40 PM

Meh...he would of went to Denver if he just wanted more money since they offered the most, something like 28M a year I believe. He felt disrespected by the Heat so he decided to leave and Butler and Rondo recruited him there as well.

SportsFanatic10
09-21-2017, 11:46 PM
For what it's worth which is probably not that much, but apparently Wade's sons are living back in Miami going to school there instead of Chicago this year.

FlashBolt
09-22-2017, 12:10 AM
Meh...he would of went to Denver if he just wanted more money since they offered the most, something like 28M a year I believe. He felt disrespected by the Heat so he decided to leave and Butler and Rondo recruited him there as well.

It was close enough for him to choose Chicago but at the same time, it was always about the money.