PDA

View Full Version : Proof that today's NBA players are all BFFs for Life

AllBall
08-16-2017, 09:28 AM
KD, LBJ and Melo playing a summer pickup game together. Stop letting them fool you, the NBA is the new WWE. :rolleyes:

Hawkeye15
08-16-2017, 09:45 AM
KD, LBJ and Melo playing a summer pickup game together. Stop letting them fool you, the NBA is the new WWE. :rolleyes:

they are like politicians. Acting all tough, like they hate each other, competing against one another on the court for all of us to see, then they go get a beer and circle jerk each other.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:57 AM
LeBron and Durant have been training together for years.

warfelg
08-16-2017, 10:03 AM
A lot of these top guys keep the same offseason trainers and coaches and stuff like that. Doesn't really shock me that they would play together in an offseason pickup game.

b_russ
08-16-2017, 10:37 AM
Best Friends Forever for Life

colinskik
08-16-2017, 11:00 AM
The college kids who are also in that pick up -- I guess they're BFFs with Bron, Melo and KD, too, right?

aman_13
08-16-2017, 12:20 PM
You can be good friends and still be ultra competitive. If anything, it makes you more competitive, when you know the person you are going up against.

MKEBucks87
08-16-2017, 12:22 PM
These guys all grow up playing in the same leagues, same coaches, same trainers, same handlers, etc.

They compete on the floor, which is their job. There is no requirement for them to be enemies. You are a moron if you donít think they are competing at an equally high, or higher level, than greats of the game of the past.

ewing
08-16-2017, 01:57 PM
i'm a moron

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 02:07 PM
i'm a moron

Don't be so hard on yourself.

tredigs
08-16-2017, 02:34 PM
Thought these guys would all be sitting around a dinner table with their families sipping on tea and telling old stories and not, you know, training. Just looks like a bunch of the Nike guys playing hard and getting some off-season work in.

That's pretty sick footage by the way. Not that anyone seems to care about that. Don't let me let basketball get in the way of your narratives.

HandsOnTheWheel
08-16-2017, 03:44 PM
There's a reason competitiveness is down across the board.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
There's a reason competitiveness is down across the board.

So these guys don't go at each other and play their hardest to win when they go head to head?

Jetsguy
08-16-2017, 04:06 PM
cause we're the three best friends that anyone could ever have...

mike_noodles
08-16-2017, 05:03 PM
You can be good friends and still be ultra competitive. If anything, it makes you more competitive, when you know the person you are going up against.

I agree, and just like when I play a real game with my friends, I'm going hard at them and they're coming hard at me. Doesn't bother me that they're friendly off the court.

Scoots
08-16-2017, 05:42 PM
I think some people don't know what "proof" means.

Rivera
08-16-2017, 07:59 PM
i bet some of your old favorites like Kobe, AI, KG, Jordan, Magic etc all played a game of pickup ball with eachother during the offseason especially Magic and Bird.

But the difference is, we have camera phones today. Most people werent taking camcorders to the basketball court pre 2000

JasonJohnHorn
08-17-2017, 10:16 AM
This is actually James's high level Sun Tzu $#!t... know thy enemy better than thine self. He's feeding Melo with that Houston garbage to keep the Rockets in anticipation and acting like their roster isn't in place yet to give them an excuse to fail; he's watching KD and getting secrets on the Warriors while planting a seed in his head to demand a trade... and THEN he'll demand his own team trade him and the Warriors and Cavs will swap SF's and James will get to that 6 or 7 ring mark.

He's brilliant. The Art of War friends. Watch and learn.

JasonJohnHorn
08-17-2017, 10:17 AM
I think some people don't know what "proof" means.

Of course not. American just elected a buffoon of a con man as president. You think this country knows what proof is? lol

Sorry... didn't mean to get political.

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 10:21 AM
This is actually James's high level Sun Tzu $#!t... know thy enemy better than thine self. He's feeding Melo with that Houston garbage to keep the Rockets in anticipation and acting like their roster isn't in place yet to give them an excuse to fail; he's watching KD and getting secrets on the Warriors while planting a seed in his head to demand a trade... and THEN he'll demand his own team trade him and the Warriors and Cavs will swap SF's and James will get to that 6 or 7 ring mark.

He's brilliant. The Art of War friends. Watch and learn.

you think that is funny ... if the stories are true that he is meeting with Kyrie to "patch things up" he has truly taken his zen **** to another level... dude is off the charts with the mental games. If he wasn't an all time great BB player he would have been a serial killer

Hawkeye15
08-17-2017, 11:00 AM
you think that is funny ... if the stories are true that he is meeting with Kyrie to "patch things up" he has truly taken his zen **** to another level... dude is off the charts with the mental games. If he wasn't an all time great BB player he would have been a serial killer

or a talk show host

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 11:20 AM
or a talk show host

nice!!

Or the neighborhood stoop ***** drinking her 40 and critiquing everyone walking by.

Hawkeye15
08-17-2017, 11:52 AM
nice!!

Or the neighborhood stoop ***** drinking her 40 and critiquing everyone walking by.

haha, that reminds me of Bishop, from "Waiting"

the guy who washes dishes, but everyone goes to for insight

Vinylman
08-17-2017, 12:32 PM
haha, that reminds me of Bishop, from "Waiting"

the guy who washes dishes, but everyone goes to for insight

yeah... chapelle did a skit a million years ago dressed as a stoop biotch talking *****

Leftcoast_yg
08-17-2017, 12:38 PM
I see no problem with this. They're the best bball players in the world and who better than them to measure yourself and work on your game.

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2017, 12:51 PM
I see no problem with this. They're the best bball players in the world and who better than them to measure yourself and work on your game.

Wait... are you talking about Melo here? I mean.. maybe if it was KD, James, and Curry... ;-)

europagnpilgrim
08-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Well WWE/Politics/Entertainment etc. is all pretty much scripted, some more noticeable than others but we all know wrestlers don't really hate each other but play along to the script, we all know Hillary vs Trump had dinner right after each tv debate and so forth regardless how ''real'' the debate felt, NBA isn't any different even though its not as obscenely scripted like WWE or Hollywood movies but they are all in the same circle

Nothing wrong with those guys playing a pick up game, its what they do for a living, its not like they are out there playing rugby or mud wrestling because then we would hear everybody ***** about how they should be playing these type of pick up games since that's what they do for a living, c'mon now

MassoDio
08-18-2017, 06:20 PM
Why do we need videos to "prove" that they are friends. Everyone knows that all of these guys are friends. I don't care that they are friends off the court. Magic and Michael and Bird and Barkley were all friends off the court too. The only time it matters is if, when they are playing against each other, do they compete at a highest level possible. They all do.

Now, where the competitiveness comes into question is the whole joining each other thing. Some people have an issue with that, some don't. But them being friends off the court was never really a secret, nor should it matter. The only difference between these guys and MJ, Bird, etc. is that (per what these guys have said in relation to players joining each other) MJ and Bird, or MJ and Magic, or MJ and Barkley, or Magic and Bird, etc. did not join EACH OTHER to dominate the league. They all wanted to beat the crap out of each other when it mattered. LeBron and Wade and KD, etc don't seem to have that same view on the sport. It doesn't make it right or wrong other than to the fans.

I played sports against really good friends that went to rival high schools and we beat the **** out of each other....both score wise and physically. We were MORE competitive against each other. I didn't want to change high schools and join them when I lost....but still.

Point being...who gives a **** if they are friends off the court as long as they compete on the court. The joining each other to form super teams thing....is a different topic than off court friendship.

europagnpilgrim
08-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Of course not. American just elected a buffoon of a con man as president. You think this country knows what proof is? lol

Sorry... didn't mean to get political.

America elects no one, its all bloodline rigged for most part

for proof google Dick Gregory and see how they plugged in the wrong machine to give him 9million votes when he ran way back against Nixon

not supporting Trump at all but all or most of the elected Presidents are buffoon con men who are managers of this corporate U.S.A., facts

europagnpilgrim
08-18-2017, 07:15 PM
Wait... are you talking about Melo here? I mean.. maybe if it was KD, James, and Curry... ;-)

To be fair to Melo he is one of the best pure scorers ever and easily one of the best players of his generation and still a premier SF in the game regardless of team success

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2017, 05:25 PM
The title is an example of RAS Syndrome (Redundant Acronym Syndrome Syndrome).

BFF means 'best friends forever', and hence does not need 'for life' after, because forever is longer than life.

It's like when people call an ATM (automated teller machine) and ATM Machine, or a PIN (personal identification number) a PIN number, or a SIN (social insurance number) as SIN number.

The last letter in the acronyms of initializations represent the word that usually follows and are therefore not needed.

ewing
08-20-2017, 12:35 AM
The title is an example of RAS Syndrome (Redundant Acronym Syndrome Syndrome).

BFF means 'best friends forever', and hence does not need 'for life' after, because forever is longer than life.

It's like when people call an ATM (automated teller machine) and ATM Machine, or a PIN (personal identification number) a PIN number, or a SIN (social insurance number) as SIN number.

The last letter in the acronyms of initializations represent the word that usually follows and are therefore not needed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9E6fxvUD7w

THE MTL
08-20-2017, 01:36 AM
LeBron and Melos friendship is beyond well documented

Vinsanity115
08-22-2017, 10:36 AM
Hate this.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk