PDA

View Full Version : better class 17 or 18

Heediot
08-15-2017, 11:36 AM
With Bagley reclassifying, A Bagley, Porter, Doncic, Ayton, Bamba top 5 can be argued to be better vs. the recent draftees.

Thoughts?

Personally, even without Bragley reclassifying, the top 3 next year IMO were better vs, the one this year. I think Bragley puts next's year class over the top easily.

valade16
08-15-2017, 11:43 AM
Is Simmons included in this class because he didn't play last year?

Heediot
08-15-2017, 11:48 AM
Is Simmons included in this class because he didn't play last year?

No, because he was drafted in 16. Even with Simmons, I think next year's top 4 is better vs. Fultz, Simmons, Ball, Tatum, Jackson.

TrueFan420
08-15-2017, 12:08 PM
All speculation till we get a few seasons deep. There will always be a few busts in the top half and a few surprises in the bottom.

j-bay
08-15-2017, 12:08 PM
From what i know after looking at the Mocks i'm going to say 18 as of right now in terms of depth. Who is going to #1 pick. As of right now its Porter, but you never know. Last year at this time it was thought that Josh Jackson would be the #1 pick. Now of course if Porter is the guy, it still ain't a guarantee he will go #1. This is if the Celtics get the #1 pick. Bagley might be a better choice with a need at PF. There are also 2 centers there, Mohamed Bamba and DeAndre Ayton. They could draft one of those guys and move Horford to PF.

Heediot
08-15-2017, 12:09 PM
All speculation till we get a few seasons deep. There will always be a few busts in the top half and a few surprises in the bottom.

It is. 18 class is more raw. Ayton and Doncic are legit players I've seen these guys in Euroleague and FIBA play. Ayton for Bahamas, so they were playing against grown men and seasoned pro's, although Ayton played vs. weaker competiton in Centrobasket.

Hawkeye15
08-15-2017, 12:19 PM
I have learned over the years that a draft class strength isn't determined until years after the fact. I don't put forth one ounce of effort speculating over players that haven't played NBA minutes.

WaDe03
08-15-2017, 12:22 PM
This is almost every year lol.

Heediot
08-15-2017, 12:24 PM
I have learned over the years that a draft class strength isn't determined until years after the fact. I don't put forth one ounce of effort speculating over players that haven't played NBA minutes.

True, but most class predictions for nba classes seem reasonably close. We all knew the Anthony Bennett draft and last years draft were weak. We all knew the LeBron and Durant drafts were stacked, the latter even with the Oden flop. I think NBA draft is the easiest to predict in terms of future success and the nfl is the hardest. I think only the Blake Griffin draft was deemed weak but in hindsight ended up being pretty damn good.

Bostonjorge
08-16-2017, 12:23 AM
Bagley and Porter are for sure stars. Brooklyn's pick is worth more then ever now. Two primetime players available next year.

Bagley a junior in high school is skipping his senior year and will be playing for Duke. I wonder if this will be the new norm. Big time players skipping high school to go play college ball earlier.

dhopisthename
08-16-2017, 12:26 AM
its way to early to really even guess. we need to see at least see 18 against college level athletes.

More-Than-Most
08-16-2017, 03:20 AM

been saying this for years... and i get called an idiot for it... The NBA draft is overrated as ****.

Ariza's Better
08-16-2017, 07:15 AM
I feel the 2028 class could beat both of these classes.

warfelg
08-16-2017, 07:44 AM

I've been saying this for a while now. We tend to keep overrating the next years class as soon as the current years class gets drafts.

Heediot
08-16-2017, 08:34 AM
NBA drafts are the easiest to predict in terms of strength. Now there are always going to be busts in a draft, but relatively you can get an accurate assessment on which classes are going to be strong. There will be a surprise year or maybe two in a decade but overall when you read draft reports and histories pre-draft, 80 percent or more of the strengths of the classes are accurate. Just my take.

I think this years draft was a very good draft, But I think next years draft has more super-star potential power. No one has to be right or wrong about preliminary predictions. That's all it is speculation. Too many threads and posts about KD/Kyrie/Cle/GS. I guess people would rather spend 60 pages arguing in circles about the same stuff.

Bostonjorge
08-16-2017, 05:23 PM
It's not hard seeing these guys coming if you keep up with it. College teams pay scouts big time $ to find them early for us, then we get see if they are making a mistake or not. 2019 draft already has Zion Williams.