PDA

View Full Version : How good would have KD, Russ, and PG been?

shep33
08-11-2017, 11:15 AM
Considering that they dealt Oladipo and Sabonis for PG, the Thunder could have landed PG even had KD been on the roster.

Just wondering how good that team could have been? Better than the Dubs with The Big 3 and Barnes?

WaDe03
08-11-2017, 11:21 AM
For some reason, people will say the PG trade wouldn't have happened but it would have. They'd be really ****ing good and KDs comments on their new team made him look like a ***** but that's who he is now. The leagues biggest *****.

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2017, 11:29 AM
Not good enough to beat the Warriors... I feel like adding another alpha/ball dominant guy would not have been good for that team. A 3+D guy would be great. PG is not as good a scorer as KD, so he'd lose shots to him, and he's not as good a play maker as Westy (obviously: not a PG) so he loses time with the ball. That makes PG a third option, and I'm not sure he'd be effective with that. Now... he does shoot threes, and he does play D, so o paper that sounds great, but I feel like Westy would create problems with the number of shots he took.

If you have CP3 or Curry instead of Westy, that trio would be lights out, but Westy wouldn't work well with those two.

WaDe03
08-11-2017, 11:35 AM
Not good enough to beat the Warriors... I feel like adding another alpha/ball dominant guy would not have been good for that team. A 3+D guy would be great. PG is not as good a scorer as KD, so he'd lose shots to him, and he's not as good a play maker as Westy (obviously: not a PG) so he loses time with the ball. That makes PG a third option, and I'm not sure he'd be effective with that. Now... he does shoot threes, and he does play D, so o paper that sounds great, but I feel like Westy would create problems with the number of shots he took.

If you have CP3 or Curry instead of Westy, that trio would be lights out, but Westy wouldn't work well with those two.

They were better than the Warriors without PG until KD decided to throw the series when they went up 3-1. PG has the perfect skill set for a 3rd option.

FlashBolt
08-11-2017, 11:52 AM
They were better than the Warriors without PG until KD decided to throw the series when they went up 3-1. PG has the perfect skill set for a 3rd option.

We should have won that series. We were up every fourth quarter. Kinda sad when you think about it.. we could have been the "dynasty" and not the Warriors but instead, KD and Russ both underperformed like complete scrubs. It was just a chokejob. If we had PG, it wouldn't be fair. Even though Curry had a better regular season, I'd take KD over Curry. I'd take Russ over Draymond. And I'd take PG over Klay. There's no way we wouldn't be the favorites.

GoferKing_
08-11-2017, 12:22 PM
Love "what if" threads.

WaDe03
08-11-2017, 12:45 PM
We should have won that series. We were up every fourth quarter. Kinda sad when you think about it.. we could have been the "dynasty" and not the Warriors but instead, KD and Russ both underperformed like complete scrubs. It was just a chokejob. If we had PG, it wouldn't be fair. Even though Curry had a better regular season, I'd take KD over Curry. I'd take Russ over Draymond. And I'd take PG over Klay. There's no way we wouldn't be the favorites.

I agree with you. KD choked so he could leave, that simple.

nastynice
08-11-2017, 01:43 PM
Haha, I don't think pg would be a good third option either.

Thunder big 3 > 2016 warriors
2017 Warriors > thunder big 3

No matter how you slice it, KD made the right move ;)

rhino17
08-11-2017, 01:46 PM
never mind

Allphakenny1
08-11-2017, 05:12 PM
3/6 best players in the NBA would be better than the warriors

Are you saying George is a top 6 player in the league? I sure hope you are not. Hell, Westbrook is a borderline top 6 player.

rhino17
08-11-2017, 05:24 PM
Are you saying George is a top 6 player in the league? I sure hope you are not. Hell, Westbrook is a borderline top 6 player.

No, I misread the thread, I thought it said the original big 3 in OKC.

Allphakenny1
08-11-2017, 05:32 PM
No, I misread the thread, I thought it said the original big 3 in OKC.

Got it.

IndyRealist
08-11-2017, 09:16 PM
PG is built to be a 2nd option, not a 3rd. He iso's way too much and likes to "get his own shot" (read: fadeaway 20ft contested jumpers). He'd thrive as a Pippen, not a Kukoc.

WaDe03
08-11-2017, 09:32 PM
PG is built to be a 2nd option, not a 3rd. He iso's way too much and likes to "get his own shot" (read: fadeaway 20ft contested jumpers). He'd thrive as a Pippen, not a Kukoc.

You could be right and you've watched him more than anyone but, I feel you never know until they're actually in the role. He has a lot going for him since he is 3 and D but he's also more than just that. Just saying being 3 and D helps in that role a ton.

Quinnsanity
08-15-2017, 11:54 AM
I'm in the camp that believes that OKC traded PG to OKC rather than Cleveland or the Lakers as a **** you. If OKC still had KD, I think Pritchard would have refused to trade him there just as he more or less did with Cleveland.

Heediot
08-15-2017, 11:58 AM
Damn KD haters will say anything. No way he choked the series on PURPOSE just to sign with them. He probably still would have signed with them barring a title with OKC, but I don't see him purposely losing a series.

Heediot
08-15-2017, 12:02 PM
Good enough to win a title. Better then the current Warriors? No due to fit, but still good enough to hoist the Larry O'brien.

IndyRealist
08-15-2017, 01:49 PM
I'm in the camp that believes that OKC traded PG to OKC rather than Cleveland or the Lakers as a **** you. If OKC still had KD, I think Pritchard would have refused to trade him there just as he more or less did with Cleveland.

Reports vary. Some say it was a done deal and Pritchard backed out at the last minute, others say Cleveland refused to include an unprotected 1st so there was no deal.