PDA

View Full Version : LeBron Calls LA His Home

LaVar Ball
08-09-2017, 07:01 PM
LeBron James‏Verified account @KingJames 6h6 hours ago
More
Replying to @JCrossover @thecrawsover
May have to make a day trip up there when I'm back home in LA bro!

WaDe03
08-09-2017, 07:08 PM
We coming LA!

Westbrook
Wade
George
LeBron
Lopez

Hol dat!!!!!

LaVar Ball
08-09-2017, 07:23 PM
We coming LA!

Westbrook
Wade
George
LeBron
Lopez

Hol dat!!!!!

Not 1, Not 2, Not 3... Just 2..... and 2 ;)

WaDe03
08-09-2017, 07:35 PM
Not 1, Not 2, Not 3... Just 2..... and 2 ;)

I'll take it!!!! **** 1 is better than none.

SportsFanatic10
08-09-2017, 07:51 PM
Sounds to me like he's just talking about when he's at his home in LA since he has one there among other places obviously. Now I don't doubt he wants to live there on a more permanent basis or anything but this don't mean much on it's own.

lakers squad
08-09-2017, 08:35 PM
Sounds to me like he's just talking about when he's at his home in LA since he has one there among other places obviously. Now I don't doubt he wants to live there on a more permanent basis or anything but this don't mean much on it's own.

No not on it's on...but dots keep on being connected, that's starting to really make it look like there is a superteam forming in LA!

europagnpilgrim
08-09-2017, 09:54 PM
Lebron is going the small market to low key big market route

from Cleveland to Miami(bigger than Cleveland market) to Houston(if CP3 stays and they somehow acquire Melo and he opts in)

j-bay
08-09-2017, 10:15 PM
We coming LA!

Westbrook
Wade
George
LeBron
Lopez

Hol dat!!!!!

I can tell you Westbrook ain't coming. He likes the fact that he has the keys. He ain't sharing with Lebron.

AllBall
08-09-2017, 10:21 PM
"I'm just a kid from Akron" -LeBron James

It all makes sense now. :laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
08-09-2017, 10:26 PM
I can tell you Westbrook ain't coming. He likes the fact that he has the keys. He ain't sharing with Lebron.

**cough** Lonzo Ball.... we wouldn't even need Westy.

WaDe03
08-09-2017, 10:46 PM
**cough** Lonzo Ball.... we wouldn't even need Westy.

Stop, yes we would!

WaDe03
08-09-2017, 10:46 PM

Depends if he wants to win or not.

GREATNESS ONE
08-09-2017, 10:56 PM
Stop, yes we would!
This years ROY is going to say otherwise... also Brandon Ingram?

GREATNESS ONE
08-09-2017, 10:57 PM
Ball
George
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Death lineup vs Dubs

Lebron
George
Ingram
KCP
Ball

lakerfan85
08-09-2017, 11:01 PM
In other news, I just dropped a massive deuce....

GREATNESS ONE
08-09-2017, 11:05 PM
In other news, I just dropped a massive deuce....

He did it for the llulz

SportsFanatic10
08-09-2017, 11:49 PM
No not on it's on...but dots keep on being connected, that's starting to really make it look like there is a superteam forming in LA!

Oh I am definitely of the opinion that Lebron is leaving the Cavs next offseason, and I do think LAL are his most likely destination for a number of reasons not the least of which is his wife apparently wanting to move there. And provided that they land another big star FA or 2 to go with him. I just commented because I find when people try and make something about a simple tweet like this kinda silly and a reach on it's own. But it is true I agree that other small signs and reports seem to indicate it's a good possibility indeed. But it's not happening imo unless they pull in George or well maybe and Westbrook or something similar. They will need a big coop in FA besides just him to make him sign there I believe. So yes if he goes there it will be for a superteam, or he won't. That's just how I see it. I think the Cavs will lose him 90% right now, he delivered on his promise to that city and I think his time there is once again over. The arms race to find a situation that can handle the GSW ridiculous team is on for him now. And the Cavs just can't cut it especially with Irving b**ching out.

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 12:13 AM
Oh I am definitely of the opinion that Lebron is leaving the Cavs next offseason, and I do think LAL are his most likely destination for a number of reasons not the least of which is his wife apparently wanting to move there. And provided that they land another big star FA or 2 to go with him. I just commented because I find when people try and make something about a simple tweet like this kinda silly and a reach on it's own. But it is true I agree that other small signs and reports seem to indicate it's a good possibility indeed. But it's not happening imo unless they pull in George or well maybe and Westbrook or something similar. They will need a big coop in FA besides just him to make him sign there I believe. So yes if he goes there it will be for a superteam, or he won't. That's just how I see it. I think the Cavs will lose him 90% right now, he delivered on his promise to that city and I think his time there is once again over. The arms race to find a situation that can handle the GSW ridiculous team is on for him now. And the Cavs just can't cut it especially with Irving b**ching out.

The way you type your sentence's, makes me think of Stephen a. Just a little lol

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 12:20 AM
The way you type your sentence's, makes me think of Stephen a. Just a little lol

lol that's fine by me...while he says lots of nonsense most of the time he is certainly entertaining. And I'll admit there's a few beers involved in my posts tonight haha so maybe that is part of it. I do kinda hope lebron goes to the Lakeshow because I think it would be pretty funny to see all the Kobe fans there that have hated him for so long start to cheer him on all of a sudden lol (not saying that's you). I even didn't like him before he was in Miami but you start to like him pretty fast when he's on your team. Even though his personality and lack of loyalty is pretty shaky, that's become the norm these days for stars I guess.

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 12:41 AM
lol that's fine by me...while he says lots of nonsense most of the time he is certainly entertaining. And I'll admit there's a few beers involved in my posts tonight haha so maybe that is part of it. I do kinda hope lebron goes to the Lakeshow because I think it would be pretty funny to see all the Kobe fans there that have hated him for so long start to cheer him on all of a sudden lol (not saying that's you). I even didn't like him before he was in Miami but you start to like him pretty fast when he's on your team. Even though his personality and lack of loyalty is pretty shaky, that's become the norm these days for stars I guess.

Actually it would be a little weird cheering for him at first I guess as a Lakers fan, but one player is never above our team! Im sure the most hardcore LeBron haters (laker fans that felt like kobe was a god) would come around and show LBJ some insane love, just like all laker legends receive!

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 12:44 AM
Actually it would be a little weird cheering for him at first I guess as a Lakers fan, but one player is never above our team! Im sure the most hardcore LeBron haters (laker fans that felt like kobe was a god) would come around and show LBJ some insane love, just like all laker legends get!

Ya I mean as a big Wade fan I was a bit torn when he came and stole the spotlight for Wade's last prime year he had left in his knees, but Lebron's greatness can't be denied and seeing him play all the time is pretty special and makes you appreciate what he can do in a whole new light. I even still don't really like him that much tbh, but before he left the Heat I was starting to really warm up to him. Dude is a special beast their's no denying that and he makes any team a contender. Although now with this Warriors team and with him getting older it will take at least 2 superstars in their prime with him to have a shot barring injury. That's why I think you guys would need to have some sort of combination of 2 legit stars with him besides the young guys to get him there. I could be wrong maybe he's just set on LA, but I think he wants to find a way to have a shot to take down GS. Won't be easy since they have a big 4 and Durant and Curry both aren't far behind him anymore. The gaps closing every year.

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 01:06 AM
We can clear about 87 mil in cap room, without letting really any of our young talent go beside"s Randle. Would that be enough to persuade LBJ, PG13 and Westbrook to jump on for the ride? That will be about 29 mil a piece, not max but close. They sign for 2 year's with a opt out for the second! Then you could sign them up, for 5 year max deals after they opt out! You also would try and get wade and Lopez to sign for the exeption's. If you are able to do this, then I think that puts the warriors on notice! The nba would get interesting again real quick! But I think you are correct, to get past the warriors you need to bring two superstar's in with LBJ, because that warriors team is loaded..!

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 01:21 AM
We can clear about 87 mil in cap room, without letting really any of our young talent go beside"s Randle. Would that be enough to persuade LBJ, PG13 and Westbrook to jump on the ride for? That will be about 29 mil a piece, not max but close. They sign for 2 year's with a opt out for the second! Then sign them up for 5 year deals, you also try and get wade and Lopez to sign for the exeption's. If we were able to do that, then I think the nba would get interesting again real quick!

Ya I don't know too much about the Lakers cap situation aside from the fact that they should have more space then almost anyone for the FA frenzy and have some good/decent young players to boot. I'm assuming you are counting finding a way to get rid of Deng into that? I do think they are one of if not his best shot at forming a new super alliance since not many teams will have that kinda room and big market draw to work with. I think they could make it happen, but also think it depends on who's willing to go there with him. I just personally don't think he'll commit there without a PG or Westbrook type pairing doing the same. Should be fun, I just want to see a compelling playoffs again. The East is so pathetic now it's getting ridiculously bad.

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Sorry added a little to that post. but yea, I would do something at the deadline like say Deng, Randle and a future first for someone like wade!

Wade's a FA next year, and after his big last 2 year payday with the Bulls I could see him signing cheap for a shot at a 4th ring. I do think he could be an effective 6th man and clutch closer on a contender still though if kept fresh for the playoffs. And he would help lure Lebron with their friendship. But ya unloading Deng's deal will be a must to make anything work I think, probably have to include something like Randle and or a first like you said.

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 01:31 AM
Sorry added a little to that post. but yea, I would do something at the deadline like say Deng, Randle and a future first for someone like wade!

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 01:33 AM
I feel the sameway...East is ran by the cavs right now and the whole nba is owned by this warriors team!

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 01:34 AM
I feel the sameway...East is ran by the cavs right now and the whole nba is owned by this warriors team!

Depending on what happens to Irving it at least could be possible Lebron finally misses out on the finals. In that case he's 100% gone I'd say.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2017, 08:53 AM
lot's of players in the NBA have a home in LA

ewing
08-10-2017, 08:57 AM
awesome

RowBTrice
08-10-2017, 09:18 AM
Stop, yes we would!

we?

WaDe03
08-10-2017, 09:25 AM
we?

we

GREATNESS ONE
08-10-2017, 01:58 PM
Trust me. :nod:

WaDe03
08-10-2017, 02:10 PM
Trust me. :nod:

WE ready!

Balltime
08-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Shots fired @ Akron

SteBO
08-10-2017, 05:14 PM
^I like LBJ as much as the next guy, and I'm never gonna be mistaken as a 'Bron hater, but along with his constant need to be the victim in everything, his cryptic tweeting is annoying, as it generates useless discussion and brings him more attention than I'd honestly like. Everyone's dissecting this ****

lakers squad
08-10-2017, 11:12 PM
^I like LBJ as much as the next guy, and I'm never gonna be mistaken as a 'Bron hater, but along with his constant need to be the victim in everything, his cryptic tweeting is annoying, as it generates useless discussion and brings him more attention than I'd honestly like. Everyone's dissecting this ****

LBJ is very smart...this was a calculated move by him, anyone that thanks this does not mean nothing is dead wrong...Lebron put this out their for a reason, he know's eyes are on everything he say's!

prodigy
08-12-2017, 10:29 AM
LBJ is very smart...this was a calculated move by him, anyone that thanks this does not mean nothing is dead wrong...Lebron put this out their for a reason, he know's eyes are on everything he say's!

Lebron is smart but its a selfish kind of smart. Where it only benefits him, err kinda. I hate it because players won't go to a team that Lebrons on without him committing to that team. So his own game plan of keeping the pressure on the team to always get better back fires in his face because people won't sign with his team unless he commits lol.

I do believe he is smart. Only way he leaves Cleveland is if they trade Irving for crap. Still have not heard a real reason why lebron so leave a very weak east. def no reason to join the lakers.

LA4life24/8
08-12-2017, 01:30 PM
People reading a little too much into this i think

Jamiecballer
08-12-2017, 02:35 PM
^ lmao gee ya think? kinda starts with the thread title

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-13-2017, 09:39 AM
We coming LA!

Westbrook
Wade
George
LeBron
Lopez

Hol dat!!!!!

Even if Deng and Clarkson are dumped and Randle renounce. $70M per alone would go to LeBron and PG13. So Westy,Wade,Lopez going for vet minimum? I highly doubt it. Also doubt LeBron takes a discount yet. He probably fetches $40M per to $45M per or more. I can see PG13 staying with Westy on Thunder. So LeBron courts Wade to Lakers then. Also I bet LeBron only does 1 year deals here on out. Hold the next team hostage with no trade clause. If a two year deal then second year a player option.

MJNetsIsles
08-13-2017, 02:52 PM
we?

Wade03 thinks he has an impact.

GREATNESS ONE
08-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Lakers can reach just a bit over 80mill dollars in cap space next season.

Lebron, **wink wink take a "pay cut"** 25mill contract

PG13 30mill

KCP (same agent Rich Paul and consider Lebron big brother) 15-18mill

Lopez Bird rights

Fill in roster.

lakers squad
08-13-2017, 08:10 PM
Even if Deng and Clarkson are dumped and Randle renounce. $70M per alone would go to LeBron and PG13. So Westy,Wade,Lopez going for vet minimum? I highly doubt it. Also doubt LeBron takes a discount yet. He probably fetches $40M per to $45M per or more. I can see PG13 staying with Westy on Thunder. So LeBron courts Wade to Lakers then. Also I bet LeBron only does 1 year deals here on out. Hold the next team hostage with no trade clause. If a two year deal then second year a player option.

Well the lakers could get enough cap space to sign LBJ, PG13, and Westbrook all to about 2 year 55 mil contracts, with a opt out after one...then they could all opt out after a year and sign max deals...also we could denounced lopez's rights and sign him to a vet minimum contract, all this is unlikely, but possible!

FlashBolt
08-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Yeah, I don't see LeBron signing any long-term deals, anyways. The dude is going to sign a two year PO deal every season.

prodigy
08-14-2017, 02:10 PM
still waiting for a reason he would go to the Lakers. lol

Balltime
08-14-2017, 02:17 PM
still waiting for a reason he would go to the Lakers. lol

Too many to count

WaDe03
08-14-2017, 02:29 PM

1 year deals split 3 ways between Westbrook LeBron PG allowing them to sign the huge 5 year max the next year. Like what KD and CP3 are doing.

WaDe03
08-14-2017, 02:30 PM
Wade03 thinks he has an impact.

Who are you?

prodigy
08-15-2017, 10:56 AM
Too many to count

Still at zero. Wait let me guess

He can be in movies and shows? because clearly hes not now lol.

At 33 years old he wants to go to a powerful West where he has to bust his butt every single game just to make the playoffs, then destroy himself in the playoffs just to get whipped by GS in west finals or before.

wants to be coached by Lavar ball

lol, i just cant find reasons. If cavs blow this Irving trade and cavs under perform this season he may leave. Honestly i do believe he retires a cav but he could leave. But it won't be to a sub par team in the west. Spurs prob.

Leftcoast_yg
08-15-2017, 11:24 AM

At 33 years old he wants to go to a powerful West where he has to bust his butt every single game just to make the playoffs, then destroy himself in the playoffs just to get whipped by GS in west finals or before.

lol, i just cant find reasons. If cavs blow this Irving trade and cavs under perform this season he may leave. Honestly i do believe he retires a cav but he could leave. But it won't be to a sub par team in the west. Spurs prob.

For 1 he wouldn't be in that sess pool of a town called Cleveland anymore. This guy is clearly ignoring all the Lebron rumors to L.A.

lakers squad
08-15-2017, 02:01 PM

Well to give you a couple reason's why LBJ wants to go to L.A., he own's a successful night club in L.A and a few other business ventures, his wife wants to live in L.A. full time, happy wife mean's a happy life! He also is very fund of Magic, recently tweeted happy birthday magic thnx for being there for me from day one! He could put together a superteam, and yes he would like to explore being in movie's and stuff that Hollywood offer's and dang L.A does not hurt anyone's endorsement opportunity's. I could go even futher, but the better question is why would Lebron not want to go to L.A? Let me guess it's because he feels so much love for Dan Gilbert or that everything is looking so good in Cleveland?

prodigy
08-15-2017, 02:08 PM
For 1 he wouldn't be in that sess pool of a town called Cleveland anymore. This guy is clearly ignoring all the Lebron rumors to L.A.

this guys mad

prodigy
08-15-2017, 02:31 PM
Well to give you a couple reason's why LBJ wants to go to L.A., he own's a successful night club in L.A.

I actually didn't know this thats pretty cool. He also is part owner of the Blaze pizza companies that started in Bartimore. Maybe he's gonna join the Ravens too? Lebron Owns and invested money all over the place. His wife has stores in Cleveland. This is what they do. I don't believe this determines where he plays basketball.

his wife wants to live in L.A. full time, happy wife mean's a happy life![QUOTE]

You have no way of knowing this lol. But when Lebron played in Miami his Wife stayed mostly in Cleveland, well bath township, ohio. Also if u remember when he first returned to cavs he told the story about his Kids. he asked them what he should do play for heat or cavs. They wanted to go home and said Cleveland. Lebron wants them to attend his high school and play in the "Lebron James arena". He's said this many times.

[QUOTE=lakers squad;31804585]He also is very fund of Magic, recently tweeted happy birthday magic thnx for being there for me from day one!

crap you got me. Hes laker bound.

He could put together a superteam, and yes he would like to explore being in movie's and stuff that Hollywood offer's and dang L.A does not hurt anyone's endorsement opportunity's. I could go even futher, but the better question is why would Lebron not want to go to L.A? Let me guess it's because he feels so much love for Dan Gilbert or that everything is looking so good in Cleveland?

Even if Paul George follows him to the lakers that team just doesn't have enough still, plus you got the spurs to deal with and so on in that insane west. Cleveland doesn't stand a chance even with Irving, Lebron , Love etc... but with an East team Lebron can rest his body more and papare for a dog fight in the finals. On the Lakers he couldn't do that.

Yes Lebron lacks movie and show opportunities now. only Laker players can do that lol.

It is well known Lebron wants to buy an NBA team and well known he would love to buy the Cavs. Dan Gilbert has interest in the Pistons being from Detroit. So ya Bron and Dan will prob have some major talks lol.

Lebron very well could join the Lakers. I'm just saying there really isn't a good reason to do so. Lets also not forget how even more damaged his legacy would become. He knows these things. he Listens and reads everything.

TheDish87
08-15-2017, 02:47 PM
Well to give you a couple reason's why LBJ wants to go to L.A., he own's a successful night club in L.A and a few other business ventures, his wife wants to live in L.A. full time, happy wife mean's a happy life! He also is very fund of Magic, recently tweeted happy birthday magic thnx for being there for me from day one! He could put together a superteam, and yes he would like to explore being in movie's and stuff that Hollywood offer's and dang L.A does not hurt anyone's endorsement opportunity's. I could go even futher, but the better question is why would Lebron not want to go to L.A? Let me guess it's because he feels so much love for Dan Gilbert or that everything is looking so good in Cleveland?

this is too funny. i can give better reasons for philly even tough i dont want him, but fhor ***** and gigs

oh yea i bet his wife is just miserable!
hes tweeted to Simmons and works out with him
can join a superteam in Philly
Still can be in a major market in Philly
why join a bottom 5 team whose in the same conf as the Warriors and Spurs and Rockets? Stay East and smash Boston with the muh ****in FEDS

lakers squad
08-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Well about his wife wanting to live in L.A full time. Look it up it up, it's been reported multiple time's! As far as Lebron would not get enough rest, the Lakers could put together a team that would be deep and talented. This could allow LBJ to cut his minutes on a daily basis to allow him to be ready to go for the playoffs, it also would allow him to extend his career a little. They could put a team together that match's up with the warriors alot better than what the cavs will have! Lmao at LBJ and Gilbert getting together for James to buy the cav's. Gilbert really look's after his employees after all, now the Lakers have a history of taking care of their on, on the other hand. Im not saying he's headed to LA for sure, but get prepared if he does leave the cav's, because everyday that pass's, it looks more and more like the cavs are not going to be where he retire's if that's what you are wishing for! P.S. I don't get how helping restore the Lakers damages his legacy in anyway, if he could bring a couple more title's home to L.A. Would only Enhance his legacy and put him on par with MJ!

lakers squad
08-15-2017, 03:16 PM
this is too funny. i can give better reasons for philly even tough i dont want him, but fhor ***** and gigs

oh yea i bet his wife is just miserable!
hes tweeted to Simmons and works out with him
can join a superteam in Philly
Still can be in a major market in Philly
why join a bottom 5 team whose in the same conf as the Warriors and Spurs and Rockets? Stay East and smash Boston with the muh ****in FEDS

Lmao, philly fan hating on the lakers again!

TheDish87
08-15-2017, 03:49 PM
i hate the Lakers (among others) by default. Just showing you how ridiculous your dumb *** logic is.

redsox12
08-15-2017, 03:53 PM
LeBron is not going to the lakers. The only reason he would ever go is if he is already looking ahead to retirement and trying to get movie deals like space jam 2 and others.

First LeBron has a finals streak to look after. He has been to the finals like seven years or so in a row, if he moves west, that streak might be ending.

Second Magic is not trading Ingram or Ball so no Westbrook or Wade is coming to LA. If Magic wanted to just care about winning now, he could have traded Ball or Ingram to IND for George now and already had him in the club. Now if George likes OKC and playing with Westbrook, your not even getting George. If anything a lakers team with George, LeBron looks like this.

SG Ingram
PG Ball
SF George
PF LeBron
C Lopez

Third is that team about to beat Thompson, Curry, Durant, Green? Probably not, at least for a few years until Ingram and Ball can develop. LeBron can at least go to the finals in CLE.

Ultimately everything screams LeBron being better off in CLE than LA. Like I said before, if LeBron does move to LA, he's thinking more about life after basketball than winning now.

KB24PG16
08-15-2017, 03:59 PM
I don't blame him, who in their right mind wants to declare Cleveland or Akron their home

lakers squad
08-15-2017, 04:22 PM
i hate the Lakers (among others) by default. Just showing you how ridiculous your dumb *** logic is.

Dude, your whole post made no sense!

TheDish87
08-16-2017, 09:00 AM
Dude, your whole post made no sense!

lol so now you know what yours read like.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Well I think once Knicks cave and trade Melo to Rockets. LeBron will be a little jealous of his banana boat buddies having fun. Lakers probably have to get a jump start and trade for Wade and Bledsoe like now. Even though LeBron,Wade,Bledsoe isn't that exciting in the tough west. I think though that if Bledsoe and Wade were on the Lakers start of this season. LeBron would consider waiving his no trade clause if Cavs went sour after Irving trade.

WaDe03
08-16-2017, 09:55 AM
Well I think once Knicks cave and trade Melo to Rockets. LeBron will be a little jealous of his banana boat buddies having fun. Lakers probably have to get a jump start and trade for Wade and Bledsoe like now. Even though LeBron,Wade,Bledsoe isn't that exciting in the tough west. I think though that if Bledsoe and Wade were on the Lakers start of this season. LeBron would consider waiving his no trade clause if Cavs went sour after Irving trade.

Leave Bledsoe out, trade for Wade and make a run at LeBron/PG/Westbrook or CP3 this summer. Have to trade Deng Clarkson Randle and picks to do this.

prodigy
08-16-2017, 10:56 AM
lebrons not dumb. His legacy would be so damaged if he went to the Lakers, even more so if they did put a good team together lol.

BTW- Space Jam 2 is already in the works and he does not play for the Lakers. Just saying...

FlashBolt
08-16-2017, 10:45 PM
lebrons not dumb. His legacy would be so damaged if he went to the Lakers, even more so if they did put a good team together lol.

BTW- Space Jam 2 is already in the works and he does not play for the Lakers. Just saying...

Why would his legacy be damaged playing for the Lakers? LeBron's legacy is already a positive and proven one to most NBA fans and critics. He won one for Cleveland like he said and he continues doing great things for them. Could you imagine if LeBron gets a ring(s) for the Lakers? Like, what's the worst that could happen if he doesn't? He's not going to win a ring with that Cleveland team, anyways.

TheDish87
08-17-2017, 08:39 AM
playing in the finals > not playing in the finals

cementing (adding to) your legacy in Clev > playing in Kobes shadow

playing for the Sixers > playing for the lakers

WaDe03
08-17-2017, 11:09 AM

Kobes shadow?! He's better than Kobe!

Fultz
Redick/Wade
LeBron/Covington
Simmons/Saric
Embiid

Here we come!

FlashBolt
08-18-2017, 03:35 AM

How would he be playing in Kobe's shadow? LeBron's already established his legacy and would only add to it if he can win with the Lakers. Lakers have been one of the worst NBA franchises for nearly 5-7 years. And I think having Kobe there for the last few years has significantly slowed down the progression of younger players such as Randle, Clarkson, D'Lo, and others.

koldjerky
08-18-2017, 06:07 AM
How would he be playing in Kobe's shadow? LeBron's already established his legacy and would only add to it if he can win with the Lakers. Lakers have been one of the worst NBA franchises for nearly 5-7 years. And I think having Kobe there for the last few years has significantly slowed down the progression of younger players such as Randle, Clarkson, D'Lo, and others.

Its be an Arod on the Yankees thing. He played in Jeters shadow even though he was clearly better than Jeter. Playing in the shadow of "he's not a real Yankee," or in Lebrons case "a real Laker" like Jeter was a Yankee and Kobe was a Laker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zadora5
08-18-2017, 06:44 AM
Don't disrespect Wade like that, he starts...

TheDish87
08-18-2017, 08:44 AM

When you think LA you think KObe when you think Kobe you think LA. Can you imagine the backlash James would get if he failed LA? Im not sure he could handle it. How the end of Kobes career went has nothing tod o with what I said and its not like James wouldnt be hurting the development of the current young core.

GREATNESS ONE
08-18-2017, 10:41 AM
Yea but could you imagine if he won a title in LA, and if he won 2 titles in LA and they passed the Celtics?

All the Lebron fan boys and the entire Lakers fan base would be ecstatic. Even the biggest Lebron haters would have to smile and love it.

LA has statues, not shadows.

FlashBolt
08-18-2017, 12:49 PM
When you think LA you think KObe when you think Kobe you think LA. Can you imagine the backlash James would get if he failed LA? Im not sure he could handle it. How the end of Kobes career went has nothing tod o with what I said and its not like James wouldnt be hurting the development of the current young core.

That could literally be said just about any team. No one thinks of LA as Kobe any longer. They've been losing for anyone to care about Kobe and if LeBron can get them winning titles and competitive enough for foreseeable future, LAL will be talking about LeBron.. not Kobe.

TheDish87
08-18-2017, 01:27 PM
no **** but the odds will be slim that he can even reach the finals in LA.

5ass
08-18-2017, 04:22 PM
Lebron should join the wolves if he wants the best chance at winning a championship. Im pretty sure they have the capspace to sign a max contract.

Bostonjorge
08-18-2017, 07:07 PM
James in LA will make free agents want to play in LA. Like Jamison reaching out to LA to see if they had interest in him. It's tougher to get players to want to play in Cleveland because it's Cleveland. The owner is also named Dan Gilbert.

Guys like Ray Allen went to James because it was Miami. You can expect guys at that level wanting to live in LA and also play with James. He will become Lebron "Hollywood" James.

prodigy
08-19-2017, 01:50 PM
Why would his legacy be damaged playing for the Lakers? LeBron's legacy is already a positive and proven one to most NBA fans and critics. He won one for Cleveland like he said and he continues doing great things for them. Could you imagine if LeBron gets a ring(s) for the Lakers? Like, what's the worst that could happen if he doesn't? He's not going to win a ring with that Cleveland team, anyways.

If he's not going to get another ring with Cleveland how the heck he gonna get one on a worse team? lol. 1st off Lebron will only leave Cleveland if they screw up this Irving issue. 2nd im not even sure he would consider a west team that just seems like suicide. unless he's going somewhere to collect a pay check and retire. For the Lakers to even be in consideration they have to put a very good team together first. meaning Ball needs to show he will be a superstar. Not all-star Lebron wants superstars around him. Then Lakers need to get another great player (Maybe PG will do although i wouldn't say he's a "great player".) also need a couple other very solid pieces.

Lebron would look good on that sixers team lol. Although they need to stay healthy first.

prodigy
08-19-2017, 01:56 PM
James in LA will make free agents want to play in LA. Like Jamison reaching out to LA to see if they had interest in him. It's tougher to get players to want to play in Cleveland because it's Cleveland. The owner is also named Dan Gilbert.

Guys like Ray Allen went to James because it was Miami. You can expect guys at that level wanting to live in LA and also play with James. He will become Lebron "Hollywood" James.

Good players follow good players. Even in horrible horrible Cleveland lol. Rose taking the vets mim, Green etc... just this season.

BTW- ohio has 4 of the top 10 cities in prodicing NFL talent. Youngstown, Canton, Cleveland and cinci. Props to my state lol

j-bay
08-20-2017, 12:12 PM

The problem isn't totally Lebron. Many people want to see the Lakers and their fans "suffer" through a rebuild. When i mean suffer, I mean no stars coming and they actually build a playoff team. Had they actually taken time to build a playoff team, people might be ok with him coming there. But nope here comes Lebron to stop the bleeding.

WaDe03
08-20-2017, 05:49 PM
Good players follow good players. Even in horrible horrible Cleveland lol. Rose taking the vets mim, Green etc... just this season.

BTW- ohio has 4 of the top 10 cities in prodicing NFL talent. Youngstown, Canton, Cleveland and cinci. Props to my state lol

Green is trash but I hope he plays well in Cleveland, Rose has his moments.

aman_13
08-20-2017, 06:37 PM
Kind of scary this actually made news.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 01:33 AM
If he's not going to get another ring with Cleveland how the heck he gonna get one on a worse team? lol. 1st off Lebron will only leave Cleveland if they screw up this Irving issue. 2nd im not even sure he would consider a west team that just seems like suicide. unless he's going somewhere to collect a pay check and retire. For the Lakers to even be in consideration they have to put a very good team together first. meaning Ball needs to show he will be a superstar. Not all-star Lebron wants superstars around him. Then Lakers need to get another great player (Maybe PG will do although i wouldn't say he's a "great player".) also need a couple other very solid pieces.

Lebron would look good on that sixers team lol. Although they need to stay healthy first.

1) So why did LeBron say he wouldn't commit and thus, Cavs didn't pull off a trade involving Bledsoe+PG to the Cavs?
2) LeBron isn't leaving to go to a worse team. That's where you think it ends but no, if LeBron ends up joining a team, you can bet he knows what he's getting himself into.
3) Going to a WC team = better teammates. Think about it: Would Kyrie or Love be an All-Star in the West? Nope. So let's wait and see which teammates LeBron ends up with first. Btw, I think it's foolish to assume LeBron is going to dread playing in the West when he's done so for around 14 seasons. The guy is a historic top three level NBA player. He will dominate against any conference of any era. Plain and simple.
4) Let's be honest.. Cavs are only good because of LeBron. The other guys are just too one-dimensional. Yeah, the team is "built" for LeBron but on the other hand, if Love and Kyrie are so great, why is it they struggle to win even one game without LeBron? And why is it that we say it's built for LeBron when that team is built for the modern day NBA team? James Harden's role is exactly like LeBron's and thus, his teammates are inherently playing similar roles. Look at RWB. He would love having a team like LeBron's to shoot. Kyrie doesn't dish out to any shooters and Love is too useless anywhere else to justify NOT putting him at the three point line. Ask yourself, if Love was truly any good elsewhere, why would they park him at the three point line? He's just not as good.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 01:36 AM
The problem isn't totally Lebron. Many people want to see the Lakers and their fans "suffer" through a rebuild. When i mean suffer, I mean no stars coming and they actually build a playoff team. Had they actually taken time to build a playoff team, people might be ok with him coming there. But nope here comes Lebron to stop the bleeding.

I said it when Magic came to the Lakers management that they would have a better future than Boston and a few people scoffed at it. It seems it is coming true. Magic is capable of changing an entire culture. He's respected by NBA legends and peers around the league both present and past. He was a sure thing in changing the Lakers.. and it's already happening. He got Lonzo Ball, got rid of D'Russ and Mosgov's horrible contract, and will look to pump up Clarkson's numbers so he can package Clarkson and Deng next season to clear up cap.. He might not be Magic on the court these days but he is still Magic.

prodigy
08-21-2017, 09:34 AM
1) So why did LeBron say he wouldn't commit and thus, Cavs didn't pull off a trade involving Bledsoe+PG to the Cavs?

Lebron wil never commit to any team. Even if he went to the Lakers it would be on a 1 year deal, book it. on the front page of PSD they have a article about how Lebron hurt the cavs chances landing Paul because he wouldn't commit. I've talked many times before how Lebrons mindset of "keeping the front office on their toes by not committing" actually hurts the team so much.

3) Going to a WC team = better teammates. Think about it: Would Kyrie or Love be an All-Star in the West? Nope. So let's wait and see which teammates LeBron ends up with first. Btw, I think it's foolish to assume LeBron is going to dread playing in the West when he's done so for around 14 seasons. The guy is a historic top three level NBA player. He will dominate against any conference of any era. Plain and simple.

First off im a big Lebron fan. Just like most people in Ohio we've been following him since 10th grade lol. Just wanna make sure you understand that. Lebron to me is the best basketball player ever. EVER. Kyrie is a top PG in this league he can make the all-star game in any conference. Lets not act foolish.

Lebron will dread playing in the West come playoff time. He's been in the league like 15 years. Just wouldn't be smart. Unless he joins the spurs or warriors lol.

4) Let's be honest.. Cavs are only good because of LeBron. The other guys are just too one-dimensional. Yeah, the team is "built" for LeBron beBron? And why is it that we say it's built for LeBron when that team is built for the modern day NBA team? James d.

huh?

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:47 AM
Lebron wil never commit to any team. Even if he went to the Lakers it would be on a 1 year deal, book it. on the front page of PSD they have a article about how Lebron hurt the cavs chances landing Paul because he wouldn't commit. I've talked many times before how Lebrons mindset of "keeping the front office on their toes by not committing" actually hurts the team so much.

First off im a big Lebron fan. Just like most people in Ohio we've been following him since 10th grade lol. Just wanna make sure you understand that. Lebron to me is the best basketball player ever. EVER. Kyrie is a top PG in this league he can make the all-star game in any conference. Lets not act foolish.

Lebron will dread playing in the West come playoff time. He's been in the league like 15 years. Just wouldn't be smart. Unless he joins the spurs or warriors lol.

huh?

1) What are you talking about? If LeBron truly wanted to stay at Cleveland and PG/Bledsoe are both there, they have a legitimate shot at being right up there with the Warriors. But LeBron didn't commit for obvious reasons.. dude doesn't like the atmosphere with Cleveland's ownership.

2) It'll be a 1-1 year just because he likes getting the max every season and because he likes forcing management to continue getting better. That's not the same with Cleveland. They WERE getting better but they needed LeBron to sign off on it and LeBron chose not to.

3) Kyrie is not a top PG in this league and can't make the ASG in any conference. Provide evidence. What makes you think he makes it over Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Lillard, Klay, CP3? He's not better than any of those guys and he certainly wouldn't be able to get them to enough wins without LeBron.

4) Oh yeah, LeBron enjoys playing in the East and losing in the Finals every year.. that's fun. Or maybe he can join the Lakers and create a banana-boat squad and actually have a PG who can get others involved when LeBron is resting. Seriously, why is Kyrie never able to get his teammates involved like.. at all?

prodigy
08-21-2017, 02:31 PM
1) What are you talking about? If LeBron truly wanted to stay at Cleveland and PG/Bledsoe are both there, they have a legitimate shot at being right up there with the Warriors. But LeBron didn't commit for obvious reasons.. dude doesn't like the atmosphere with Cleveland's ownership.

So what was the past 3 years? Dan was there lol. Lebron/business partners will most likely buy the Cavs from Gilbert in the not to distant future. Sure they don't have the best relationship. But i think this crap is way overblown. Lebron Even if hes leaving after this season guess what? hes still here this season LMAO!! So if this offer was real and on the table Lebron would have made it happen. PG is a FA after season anyway so its not like Lebron would be fooling the players involved.

2) It'll be a 1-1 year just because he likes getting the max every season and because he likes forcing management to continue getting better. That's not the same with Cleveland. They WERE getting better but they needed LeBron to sign off on it and LeBron chose not to.

That method just doesn't work which has hurt lebron's teams from getting better. In the NBA teams need multiply stars and 1 great player at least to win. unless you got 5 real good players like Pistons did. So if Lebron won't commit to the Cavs really good players won't go their because the fear of him leaving. (which says a lot about those players lol, like damn have some confidence in yourself.)

3) Kyrie is not a top PG in this league and can't make the ASG in any conference. Provide evidence. What makes you think he makes it over Curry, Westbrook, Harden, Lillard, Klay, CP3? He's not better than any of those guys and he certainly wouldn't be able to get them to enough wins without LeBron.

Irvings not a top guard in this league? wow!!!

why is Kyrie never able to get his teammates involved like.. at all?

because HE'S A SG. He's a scorer 1st thats what he does. Lebron demands the ball so much it worked out well. thats why they won an NBA ship. They only lost the championship because Warriors stacked an insane massive team lol.

redsox12
08-21-2017, 06:59 PM
Once again, Banana Boat is not coming to LA. Magic is not trading Ball and Ingram.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 08:51 PM
So what was the past 3 years? Dan was there lol. Lebron/business partners will most likely buy the Cavs from Gilbert in the not to distant future. Sure they don't have the best relationship. But i think this crap is way overblown. Lebron Even if hes leaving after this season guess what? hes still here this season LMAO!! So if this offer was real and on the table Lebron would have made it happen. PG is a FA after season anyway so its not like Lebron would be fooling the players involved.

That method just doesn't work which has hurt lebron's teams from getting better. In the NBA teams need multiply stars and 1 great player at least to win. unless you got 5 real good players like Pistons did. So if Lebron won't commit to the Cavs really good players won't go their because the fear of him leaving. (which says a lot about those players lol, like damn have some confidence in yourself.)

Irvings not a top guard in this league? wow!!!

because HE'S A SG. He's a scorer 1st thats what he does. Lebron demands the ball so much it worked out well. thats why they won an NBA ship. They only lost the championship because Warriors stacked an insane massive team lol.

1) How is LeBron going to buy the Cavs from Gilbert.. that's illegal to do as a player considering you're assuming they will have a behind-the-back deal in place.. And why has LeBron seriously not committed to the Cavs when he could have gotten PG+Bledsoe as his teammates in exchange for Irving? Hint: Because he doesn't want to play for the Cavs in the near future.

2) I said Kyrie is not a top PG precisely because he never gets teammates involved. Kyrie is a SG.. and he still doesn't understand how to win games without LeBron or keep a lead while LeBron is benched? Is he a top player or not? I'll admit, he was essential to the Cavs winning a year ago but Kyrie's game will never truly be elite until he can play some defense and or get others more involved. Barkley said it best.. a great player will always be able to get their own. An elite player/superstar can get their own and help others get theirs as well. Until Kyrie does that, he is not an elite player/superstar.

ldawg
08-21-2017, 10:12 PM

Well would you not prefer sunshine over gloomy slippery Snow? If he has a home there and his Wife and Kids love it there. Why would he not prefer to play there? He sold his home in Miami so its not like hes having homes where he has no plans of being

ldawg
08-21-2017, 10:26 PM
1) How is LeBron going to buy the Cavs from Gilbert.. that's illegal to do as a player considering you're assuming they will have a behind-the-back deal in place.. And why has LeBron seriously not committed to the Cavs when he could have gotten PG+Bledsoe as his teammates in exchange for Irving? Hint: Because he doesn't want to play for the Cavs in the near future.

2) I said Kyrie is not a top PG precisely because he never gets teammates involved. Kyrie is a SG.. and he still doesn't understand how to win games without LeBron or keep a lead while LeBron is benched? Is he a top player or not? I'll admit, he was essential to the Cavs winning a year ago but Kyrie's game will never truly be elite until he can play some defense and or get others more involved. Barkley said it best.. a great player will always be able to get their own. An elite player/superstar can get their own and help others get theirs as well. Until Kyrie does that, he is not an elite player/superstar.Is Steph Curry a Shooting guard? They put up similar numbers and thats with better teammates to pass too.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:28 PM
Is Steph Curry a Shooting guard? They put up similar numbers and thats with better teammates to pass too.

He plays like a shooting guard for sure. It's just Warriors have too many players capable of making hockey assists so the ball movement isn't just ONE player getting those assists. But the thing is, it's not even about numbers. Curry can get others involved and his game shows he wants to as well. Kyrie's game doesn't involve getting others involved. It's not an "who has more assists" debate. It's, "which team does well when that player is on the court" and that's where Curry>Kyrie easily.

ldawg
08-21-2017, 10:49 PM
He plays like a shooting guard for sure. It's just Warriors have too many players capable of making hockey assists so the ball movement isn't just ONE player getting those assists. But the thing is, it's not even about numbers. Curry can get others involved and his game shows he wants to as well. Kyrie's game doesn't involve getting others involved. It's not an "who has more assists" debate. It's, "which team does well when that player is on the court" and that's where Curry>Kyrie easily.
Name 10 better point guards.

FlashBolt
08-21-2017, 10:56 PM
Name 10 better point guards.

Is Kyrie a point guard? I already went over how he isn't.

ldawg
08-22-2017, 06:10 AM
Is Kyrie a point guard? I already went over how he isn't.And i am saying he is. Hes a scoring PG like 75% of the PGs in the league. Hell the 1st pick in this Draft is another. Kirie is not an old school point guard Like Lonzo is projected to be. So if thats your argument then you need to say Combo guard because he can play PG. He just Happens to be a PG thats also very good at scoring.

prodigy
08-22-2017, 09:57 AM

It seems like you are new to Lebron lol. Lebron has never committed to any team. He even switched high schools LMAO!! Its also well known Lebron wants to be an owner and he has talked about buying the cavs. I'm not sure on the rules of the league when it comes to this. But i highly doubt he will be a player/owner.

2) I said Kyrie is not a top PG precisely because he never gets teammates involved. Kyrie is a SG.. and he still doesn't understand how to win games without LeBron or keep a lead while LeBron is benched? Is he a top player or not? I'll admit, he was essential to the Cavs winning a year ago but Kyrie's game will never truly be elite until he can play some defense and or get others more involved. Barkley said it best.. a great player will always be able to get their own. An elite player/superstar can get their own and help others get theirs as well. Until Kyrie does that, he is not an elite player/superstar.[/QUOTE]

Irving is a beast. it all depends what you want from a PG. If you want a scorer he's ur man. If you want a passer then sure you may look at other players for that role. So U must think James harden is not elite. Irving is a better defender then him. I'm a better defender then harden. Honestly thats not even a joke lol. BTW- not comparing Harden and Irving but just both great scorers.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 10:08 AM
It seems like you are new to Lebron lol. Lebron has never committed to any team. He even switched high schools LMAO!! Its also well known Lebron wants to be an owner and he has talked about buying the cavs. I'm not sure on the rules of the league when it comes to this. But i highly doubt he will be a player/owner.

2) I said Kyrie is not a top PG precisely because he never gets teammates involved. Kyrie is a SG.. and he still doesn't understand how to win games without LeBron or keep a lead while LeBron is benched? Is he a top player or not? I'll admit, he was essential to the Cavs winning a year ago but Kyrie's game will never truly be elite until he can play some defense and or get others more involved. Barkley said it best.. a great player will always be able to get their own. An elite player/superstar can get their own and help others get theirs as well. Until Kyrie does that, he is not an elite player/superstar.

Irving is a beast. it all depends what you want from a PG. If you want a scorer he's ur man. If you want a passer then sure you may look at other players for that role. So U must think James harden is not elite. Irving is a better defender then him. I'm a better defender then harden. Honestly thats not even a joke lol. BTW- not comparing Harden and Irving but just both great scorers

\\
1) He didn't switch High Schools. Pretty sure he had issues with elementary school because of financial issues and personal reasons involving his mom being unable to take him to school. Glad you knew that.

2) It's 100% illegal to talk about a back-end deal. It's like, "hey the salary cap is $100 million. We only have $10 million left to sign you but to make up for the $15 million for the $25 million you are worth, we will send you payments of $5 million every three years." Yeah, that's totally allowed. It makes the salary cap worthless.

3) Lol.. Irving is a better passer and defender than Harden? Irving and Harden's defense are both bad and consistently ranked at the bottom. Stop trying to fool everyone into thinking that because you type Irving is a better defender = it's actually true. They suck, period. There is no measurement out there that says Irving is a better defender. And Irving is definitely not a better passer. You just show lack of knowledge by saying that...

prodigy
08-22-2017, 01:58 PM
\\
1) He didn't switch High Schools. Pretty sure he had issues with elementary school because of financial issues and personal reasons involving his mom being unable to take him to school. Glad you knew that.

He also wanted to play with his group of friends. he also lived with his coach for a period of time.

2) It's 100% illegal to talk about a back-end deal. It's like, "hey the salary cap is $100 million. We only have $10 million left to sign you but to make up for the $15 million for the $25 million you are worth, we will send you payments of $5 million every three years." Yeah, that's totally allowed. It makes the salary cap worthless.

everyone knows he wants to be an owner lol. he's never discussed any convos with Gilbert about buy the cavs. prob hasn't had any yet or maybe never will. oh well lol.

3) Lol.. Irving is a better passer and defender than Harden?

gotta stop you here, show where i said Irving is a better passer. ill wait. Harden is a horrible defender. horrible. horrible. I watched Irving D up Curry 2 years ago. he can play defense he just doesn't want to which sucks.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 02:02 PM
He also wanted to play with his group of friends. he also lived with his coach for a period of time.

everyone knows he wants to be an owner lol. he's never discussed any convos with Gilbert about buy the cavs. prob hasn't had any yet or maybe never will. oh well lol.

gotta stop you here, show where i said Irving is a better passer. ill wait. Harden is a horrible defender. horrible. horrible. I watched Irving D up Curry 2 years ago. he can play defense he just doesn't want to which sucks.

My bad. I mistakingly read that you put Irving as a better passer than Harden. But Harden is a better scorer/passer than Irving so it's irrelevant. Harden can play both roles very well. Irving can't. If you gave Harden's Rockets team to Irving, do you think Irving gets them anywhere close to the amount of threes made? C'mon, it's a huge difference. Irving doesn't make players better so it's largely understandable why he isn't a great 1st option type player.

I'm sure he wants to be an owner but he has zero leverage if he wants to buy Cleveland from Gilbert and then not commit.. why not commit?

In regards to their defense, they both suck. I can't definitively say one is better than the other but it sucks enough to where it doesn't even matter.