PDA

View Full Version : New York Knicks to Sign Michael Beasley

LaVar Ball
08-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 34m34 minutes ago
More
Bobby Marks Retweeted Ian Begley
Contract for Michael Beasley would be $2,116,955 equivalent to a minimum with 9 years of service. New York will incur a $1.47M cap hit.

Knicks are expected to have a deal completed with Michael Beasley later today, league sources told ESPN. Beasley is a former No. 2 overall pick who played most recently with Milwaukee. His agreement was reported by Basketball Insiders.

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:58 PM
how much weed does 2 million buy you in NYC?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 04:11 PM
:laugh2: NY weed >> China weed

guarantee it..

when I was in Beijing in 2007, I had a chick offer me a BJ for 8 Chinese dollars. At the time, that was less than 1 dollar American. Things be cheap in China

GiantsSwaGG
08-08-2017, 04:12 PM

mightybosstone
08-08-2017, 04:43 PM
The Knicks a couple of weeks ago: "We're turning over a new leaf! This is a new era of Knicks basketball that will target youth and value defense."

The Knicks today: "Let's go get Michael Beasley."

...That didn't last long.

zadora5
08-08-2017, 04:49 PM

guarantee it..

when I was in Beijing in 2007, I had a chick offer me a BJ for 8 Chinese dollars. At the time, that was less than 1 dollar American. Things be cheap in China

Chick was probably beat lol,

Funny, Michael Beasley was already on the Knicks in my 2K,

He averaged 15.8 pts. 6.1 rebounds and 4.6 assists lmao

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 04:51 PM
The Knicks a couple of weeks ago: "We're turning over a new leaf! This is a new era of Knicks basketball that will target youth and value defense."

it's hard to quit the first time around

colinskik
08-08-2017, 05:05 PM

Still gotta fill out the roster.

Signing a bench player to a 1-year vet min contract doesn't detract from the overall vision.

colinskik
08-08-2017, 05:09 PM

I saw dude in Miami several years ago (when he was a T-wolf) just smoking a blunt on Collins Ave. without a worry in the world. He really seems absolutely clueless.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2017, 05:41 PM
its a no real risk with some reward type of thing... the only issue i have is he might actually help them win a few extra games which is horrible if you are a knicks fan lol.

IndyRealist
08-08-2017, 05:45 PM
Still gotta fill out the roster.

Signing a bench player to a 1-year vet min contract doesn't detract from the overall vision.

Then is it threadworthy?

HandsOnTheWheel
08-08-2017, 06:07 PM
Super team

colinskik
08-08-2017, 06:22 PM
Then is it threadworthy?

not really, nope.

naztrack
08-08-2017, 07:50 PM

the key word was "leaf" lmao

naztrack
08-08-2017, 07:51 PM
Super team

facts!

One Nut Kruk
08-08-2017, 09:44 PM

I'd like to find out.

guarantee it..

I feel like you're saying this like you declined the offer...

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-09-2017, 07:48 AM
Market dried up fast.

ewing
08-09-2017, 09:03 AM
i like him.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2017, 09:55 AM
I'd like to find out.

I feel like you're saying this like you declined the offer...

I was married at the time, I did say no. My teammate at the time, would save up $400 for the 3 weeks we were there (this was a TON of money for him), and just blow it on hookers. $400 gets you quite a ways there (or did 10 years ago).

mrblisterdundee
08-09-2017, 12:52 PM
Why are people obsessing over the weed thing so much? There are a lot of NBA players smoking weed on the regular. Beasley's too open about it, but it's not like he's a total outlier.
Beasley at $2.1 million is a decent signing. He proved in Milwaukee that he can still play, putting up some decent numbers per minute and shooting 42 percent from three on a limited number of attempts. He'll make a decent backup in New York behind Porzingis and Quinn. I'd also like to see a little of Porzingis at center with Beasley at power forward.

Hawkeye15
08-09-2017, 02:05 PM
Why are people obsessing over the weed thing so much?

because it's funny to think the thought of how much weed he can afford now might have actually crossed his mind....

SportsFanatic10
08-10-2017, 12:03 AM
Good for him, I was hoping for him to stay in the NBA again and he is good enough to stick. I know he busted pretty bad, but I still love him. He seems like a good guy and can score in bunches. I think he actually could make a good 6th man for alot of teams if given the chance. At least I have a reason to tune into a few Knicks games now this year.

colinskik
08-10-2017, 01:14 AM
Why are people obsessing over the weed thing so much? There are a lot of NBA players smoking weed on the regular. Beasley's too open about it, but it's not like he's a total outlier.
Beasley at $2.1 million is a decent signing. He proved in Milwaukee that he can still play, putting up some decent numbers per minute and shooting 42 percent from three on a limited number of attempts. He'll make a decent backup in New York behind Porzingis and Quinn. I'd also like to see a little of Porzingis at center with Beasley at power forward.

I think the obsession with Beasley's weed smoking is twofold.

First, like you said, he's way too cavalier about it. Frankly, he's been straight up stupid about it. Regardless of its actual effects on performance, there's a stigma attached to weed and that stigma has really hurt his perception. I mean, ****, I'm more careful about when and where I smoke, and I'm not a recognizable athlete who has millions of dollars riding on my image.

Secondly, and somewhat related to the first point, he's generally considered a bust. When you pair that with his known propensity to smoke and the "loser" label people love to slap on weedheads, it becomes an easy excuse for his underwhelming career.

I also think the "lots of players are smoking" argument is overblown. Even if guys are getting high, I can almost guarantee they aren't making a daily habit of it the way Beasley seems (or at least seamed) to be. Take it from an expert -- there's a huge difference between smoking occasionally with friends and starting your day off with a wake and bake. Plus, during the season most guys aren't even drinking, which leads me to believe they probably aren't smoking either. Did you hear KD after the Finals say he hadn't had a beer since February? Not only does that completely ludicrous to someone like me, it also goes to show how seriously some of these guys take their training. Beasley doesn't seem to be one of those guys and the results reflect that.

GiantsSwaGG
08-18-2017, 08:34 PM

Michael Beasley is hardly lacking bragadoccio these days. He calls himself ďa walking bucketíí and thinks heíll score a lot of them at Madison Square Garden because heís ďalways done well with pressure.íí

Beasley, a 6-foot-9 forward, signed with the Knicks on a one-year deal last week for the veteranís minimum, possibly as Carmelo Anthonyís replacement. He hasnít had the career befitting a No. 2 pick but blames it on playing time not commensurate with his production.

The former Kansas State sensation is tired of not sticking up for himself. Beasley told The Post he doesnít get nearly the credit he deserves and feels defenders are ďscaredíí facing him 1-on-1. Last season in Milwaukee, Beasley averaged 9.6 points in 16.7 minutes.

ďIíll bring what they saw in college,íí Beasley told The Post in a robust phone interview Friday from his home in Washington D.C. ď I just need the opportunity to show that. Look at my nine-year career, Iíve always been close to a point a minute. Iíve always been a walking bucket. Nobody can stop me, hasnít stopped me my last nine years. Every time Iíve touched the ball, the defenderís scared. Iím at the point of my career Iím just tired of not getting the acknowledgement of being who I am.

ďIíve always been the quiet, not-stand-up-for-myself-kind-of-guy. Not being disrespectful. But I want my respect. For the last nine years, Iíve been a walking bucket, man. Anytime you want a point, Iíll give you a point, no matter what the circumstances, who the player is defending me.íí

The Knicks are his sixth NBA team after drafted by Miami in 2008 following his record-setting Kansas State freshman season of 26.2 points and 12.4 rebounds. Beasleyís NBA career average is 12.6 points in 23 minutes.

A series of marijuana incidents and being scrutinized under the lens of a No. 2 pick, Beasley suggests, has prevented the 28-year-old old from getting his due on the court.

ďItís exactly the reason,íí Beasley said. ďPeople meet me. First thing they say: ďYouíre totally different than I thought you are. A large part of my career is due to perception, what people think what I am or should be. My past is my past. They keep harping on it. Everyone wants me to grow up and learn from my past, learn from my mistakes. But you guys should do the same thing. Iím years removed from any marijuana incident or incident period. But itís all anybody speaks about. Iíve grown up. Now itís time for you to grow up.íí

It's safe to say this was directed towards you Hawky

ewing
08-19-2017, 07:13 AM
He'll be on a bad team that will play a fast pace and ask him to score. He'll do well.