PDA

View Full Version : CONFIRMED!!! Celtics bamboozled 76ers in Fultz trade...

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 03:37 PM
"I spoke it into existence!"

Jayson Tatum Says Celtics Would’ve Taken Him At No. 1, Tricked 76ers Into Trade For Markelle Fultz
By Eric Avakian - 08/08/2017

"The Celtics was always going to pick me No. 1, but Philly didn’t know that. Philly thought that Boston was going to pick Markelle. So, Philly traded the pick and gave Boston a pick for next year. So, Boston was like, “Well, we can still get the player we want, a next-year pick, and then we get the player we wanted for less money.” So Boston still got all what they wanted, and Philly had to give up still to get the player.

But Philly didn’t know that Boston was gong to pick me. So, that’s why they traded up."

:smoking:

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 03:39 PM
Lakers were always picking Ball...
Who was drafting 3rd and could've had Fultz????

"DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!

TheDish87
08-08-2017, 03:43 PM
lol who cares? we have assets out the *** and got our guy. Its easy for something like this to come out of Boston ratjher its true or not but whose to say another team doesnt trade up to 1 for Fultz if we dont? I also love how this clown is trying to insult us over not knowing who a rival team intends to pick lololol like Ainge was just going to tell us.

Vee-Rex
08-08-2017, 03:45 PM
We'll see how it pans out. If Fultz turns into a superstar one day and Tatum is a benchwarmer, then it won't matter.

DanG
08-08-2017, 03:51 PM
Lol, doesn't really matter.

The Celtics can enjoy their picks and be the team most prepared to win the 3rd seed in the East in 2022.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:54 PM
I think at the end of the day, lesson is:

Lakers are the best and have the most talent and the best young core and the best city ever and we are all farm systems for the lakers and ball will be the goat.

I need to up my font size/color

Leftcoast_yg
08-08-2017, 03:57 PM

The Celtics can enjoy their picks and be the team most prepared to win the 3rd seed in the East in 2022.

Ouch!

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 04:04 PM
Doesn't really matter???...
Sheesh...LoL...

You dudes kill me with your loser mentality...

No wonder it worked...

Danny Ainge wins again...

BTW....Lakers would've passed as well...

Magic would've raped you next... :hi5:

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 04:06 PM

Weren't they in the Eastern Finals this past season???

WTF are you talking about?...lol...

Scoots
08-08-2017, 04:06 PM
Of course, the Celtics could have told Tatum that just to make him feel better about himself, or Tatum could be making the whole thing up out of "inferences" ... or it could be true, but you never know who you can pick unless you have the #1 pick.

What I'm more curious about is what the hell is Boston going to do with so many picks. It's insane. In the last 3 drafts the Celtics have picked 16 players. In the next 3 drafts they have 14 MORE picks. In 6 years they will have had enough picks to replace every player on their roster TWICE.

With that in mind THIS PAST DRAFT was the time to trade in to grab another player as high as possible in the first.

GiantsSwaGG
08-08-2017, 04:13 PM
So Tatum snitching?

mightybosstone
08-08-2017, 04:37 PM
Ummm.... If I was Danny Ainge, I would absolutely tell Tatum that we had always planned to take him No. 1. So this is a non-story. What should Ainge have told Tatum? "We actually thought Fultz was the better player, but we didn't really need a PG that badly and knew we could get you at No. 3 instead as well as other assets." I'm guessing Tatum wouldn't be too stoked to hear that.

What should worry OP is this... If this IS true (which I genuinely doubt), then not only did Boston not think Ball was better than Fultz, but they thought Tatum was better than Ball as well.

5ass
08-08-2017, 04:44 PM
Doesn't really matter???...
Sheesh...LoL...

You dudes kill me with your loser mentality...

No wonder it worked...

Danny Ainge wins again...

BTW....Lakers would've passed as well...

It doesnt matter...
Because all that matters..
is the end result...
Only time will tell if they made the right choice...

mightybosstone
08-08-2017, 04:45 PM
It doesnt matter...
Because all that matters..
is the end result...
Only time will tell if they made the right choice...
I think this should be a thing now...
We should all type like this...
Using awful grammar and punctuation, increasing font sizes and the font color of our favorite franchises...

LongIslandIcedZ
08-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Its fairly believable. If they really loved Fultz, they probably wouldnt have traded back. They probably could have gotten a better package from someone besides Philly, but they wanted to assure themselves they could still get Tatum.

Its not the craziest story out there.

5ass
08-08-2017, 04:52 PM
Using awful grammar and punctuation, increasing font sizes and the font color of our favorite franchises...

I agree....
that way Rocco will no longer feel special...

MassoDio
08-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Um...this happens all the time in all sports that have amature drafts. It happens in other businesses as well. This is a non-story unless you are naive to all sports draft practices or...you know...business dealings in general.

Boston got more assets while still getting their guy. Philly traded up...probably not really caring whether Boston wanted Markelle, Tatum, or Someone's grandma.....who Boston wanted didn't matter to Philly....who Philly wanted mattered to Philly. Philly did what they needed to do to ensure that they got their guy. If Philly doesn't trade with Boston, even if they knew that Boston wanted Tatum and the Lakers wanted Ball, then someone else could have made a trade with Boston to get Markelle and then Philly is SOL. Philly made the right trade and so did Boston. (Based on what they each wanted, not off of results...which we won't know about for a few years.)

RLundi
08-08-2017, 05:05 PM
OP is easily the most annoying poster since DoMeFavors.

Cracka2HI!
08-08-2017, 05:08 PM
This may be the worst thread since the Ben Simmons made a few jumpers in practice thread. That said I think bosstone nailed it. The only story here is how this confirms Tatum is better than Lonzo Ball.

warfelg
08-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Of course, the Celtics could have told Tatum that just to make him feel better about himself, or Tatum could be making the whole thing up out of "inferences" ... or it could be true, but you never know who you can pick unless you have the #1 pick.

What I'm more curious about is what the hell is Boston going to do with so many picks. It's insane. In the last 3 drafts the Celtics have picked 16 players. In the next 3 drafts they have 14 MORE picks. In 6 years they will have had enough picks to replace every player on their roster TWICE.

With that in mind THIS PAST DRAFT was the time to trade in to grab another player as high as possible in the first.

Rumor has it that if the Pels are struggling they are going to make "The Godfather" offer for AD.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2017, 05:37 PM
its not confirmed at all.. celtics probably said something similar to other players as did the lakers etc... its called being a front office... it wasnt worth risking because you still dont know if the lakers take ball over fultz even if laker land screams other wise.

More-Than-Most
08-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Ummm.... If I was Danny Ainge, I would absolutely tell Tatum that we had always planned to take him No. 1. So this is a non-story. What should Ainge have told Tatum? "We actually thought Fultz was the better player, but we didn't really need a PG that badly and knew we could get you at No. 3 instead as well as other assets." I'm guessing Tatum wouldn't be too stoked to hear that.

What should worry OP is this... If this IS true (which I genuinely doubt), then not only did Boston not think Ball was better than Fultz, but they thought Tatum was better than Ball as well.

lol na bro you just tell the player you just drafted that you didnt think he was worth a number 1 pick so you traded back for him because you knew he would be there.

Scoots
08-08-2017, 06:00 PM

I thought that was a different Laker's M.O.

warfelg
08-08-2017, 06:59 PM
I thought that was a different Laker's M.O.

Hi-oh

Jeffy25
08-08-2017, 07:01 PM
I really wish players could be taught proper grammar.

Know how many times I had to re-read Tatum's first sentence in the initial posting?

Kyben36
08-08-2017, 07:14 PM
doesn't matter. do the Lakers take ball over fultz. the world may never know. Celtics got a question mark of a pick (Lakers won't tank and kings are on the road to improve)

yes. the deal is good for them. but the 6ers getting the guy they wanted. if he works out. nobody will care. similarly to the Mitch trubisky trade.

Jets012
08-08-2017, 08:04 PM
This thread is going to be hilarious when Fultz plays well and Tatum disappoints.

Saddletramp
08-08-2017, 08:57 PM
I'm sure Ainge didn't tell Tatum that he told the Sixers another team had an offer for the #1 pick that they would trade a great player for. No idea if Ainge told the Sixers this but if he did (whether it had an offer or not) he wouldn't have told Tatum.

Also, who cares.

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 11:10 PM

That Rocket Red looks good...Font too big IMO...
Good job...

Rocco007
08-08-2017, 11:15 PM
Its fairly believable. If they really loved Fultz, they probably wouldnt have traded back. They probably could have gotten a better package from someone besides Philly, but they wanted to assure themselves they could still get Tatum.

Its not the craziest story out there.

Lakers worked out Fultz and weren't impressed enough to pass on Ball...

Celtics GM Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum: 'We would have picked him with first pick'

Jun 23, 2017 •

"Yes, we would have picked him with the first pick," Ainge said after the selection.

:burn:

Scoots
08-09-2017, 12:08 AM

Celtics GM Danny Ainge on Jayson Tatum: 'We would have picked him with first pick'

Jun 23, 2017 •

"Yes, we would have picked him with the first pick," Ainge said after the selection.

Of course he says that ... doesn't make it true.

KB24PG16
08-09-2017, 12:23 AM
philly probably thought about this scenario, but probably liked fultz or disliked the other prospects enough to pull the trigger on the deal and not missing out on fultz

Kyben36
08-09-2017, 12:57 AM

Jun 23, 2017 •

lol. what do you expect ainge to say. has any gm ever said we liked him but not enough to take him first. come on man.

and rumors I head the Lakers were not impressed with lonzos first workout either. soooo your point is irrelevant.

LA_Raiders
08-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Lol, ok

Vinylman
08-09-2017, 07:15 AM
Um...this happens all the time in all sports that have amature drafts. It happens in other businesses as well. This is a non-story unless you are naive to all sports draft practices or...you know...business dealings in general.

Boston got more assets while still getting their guy. Philly traded up...probably not really caring whether Boston wanted Markelle, Tatum, or Someone's grandma.....who Boston wanted didn't matter to Philly....who Philly wanted mattered to Philly. Philly did what they needed to do to ensure that they got their guy. If Philly doesn't trade with Boston, even if they knew that Boston wanted Tatum and the Lakers wanted Ball, then someone else could have made a trade with Boston to get Markelle and then Philly is SOL. Philly made the right trade and so did Boston. (Based on what they each wanted, not off of results...which we won't know about for a few years.)

Well Said

As for Rocco... if you need some good laughs head over to the Lakers forum... he keeps the hits coming on a daily basis...

check out the david Nwaba is the next jimmy butler thread... of course he couldn't even make the lakers preseason roster

jaydubb
08-09-2017, 07:55 AM
Rocco gives other laker fans a bad rep, jus saying... Not all laker fans live in a fantasy land where David nwaba is the next jimmy butler, sun yue is the Asian magic johnson, Devin Ebanks is the next Trevor ariza, Xavier Henry is the next Michael redd (when redd was good), Adam Morrison is the next dirk, Derrick character is the next shaq, d'angelo Russell is the next Steph curry, and now Lonzo ball is the next jesus shuttlesworth etc etc etc.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

THE MTL
08-09-2017, 10:39 AM
It wasn't a trick. It is common knowledge that a team trades down a space or two because the guy that they truly want will still be available.

hugepatsfan
08-09-2017, 10:59 AM
Of course he says that ... doesn't make it true.

Eh, this isn't like he needed hindsight. He had his shot at whoever he wanted. It's not like he got #3 in the lottery and then said "oh yeah, we would have taken him first". Ainge actually could have taken Fultz is he wanted and he chose not to.

I guess you can argue that he would have taken Fultz first but he preferred Tatum + the LAL pick over Fultz. But Ainge has been pretty adamant that his team has good players and needs great players so I think it'd be inconsistent for him to make a move back for quantity over quality. I don't think he'd move back if he wasn't getting his #1 choice. And it just so happened that he got his #1 choice and picked up an extra pick.

From PHI's perspective they have such a treasure chest of assets and young players that to get their guy it makes sense to move up. BOS could have dealt the pick to someone else or LAL could have taken Fultz or they could have traded back. So I don't buy that they got fleeced at all.

Scoots
08-09-2017, 01:04 PM
Eh, this isn't like he needed hindsight. He had his shot at whoever he wanted. It's not like he got #3 in the lottery and then said "oh yeah, we would have taken him first". Ainge actually could have taken Fultz is he wanted and he chose not to.

I guess you can argue that he would have taken Fultz first but he preferred Tatum + the LAL pick over Fultz. But Ainge has been pretty adamant that his team has good players and needs great players so I think it'd be inconsistent for him to make a move back for quantity over quality. I don't think he'd move back if he wasn't getting his #1 choice. And it just so happened that he got his #1 choice and picked up an extra pick.

Sure. Or it could be that Ainge had essentially equal grades on Fultz and Tatum and since it didn't really matter to him which he got he added an asset and still got a player from the top of his list.

The main point being, that while it may be true there is certainly no proof with which to confirm anything more than things were said.

What's more, I agree in general that it's hardly a stretch for the Sixers to trade for the guy they wanted to be sure they got him regardless of what other teams might have done.

pebloemer
08-09-2017, 02:04 PM

This post is far too reasonable for such a ridiculous thread...

KnickaBocka.44
08-09-2017, 02:41 PM
Ainge said after the trade, before the draft, that they were still confident they would get the player they wanted, so why is this even a story now?

Kyben36
08-09-2017, 02:55 PM
Rocco gives other laker fans a bad rep, jus saying... Not all laker fans live in a fantasy land where David nwaba is the next jimmy butler, sun yue is the Asian magic johnson, Devin Ebanks is the next Trevor ariza, Xavier Henry is the next Michael redd (when redd was good), Adam Morrison is the next dirk, Derrick character is the next shaq, d'angelo Russell is the next Steph curry, and now Lonzo ball is the next jesus shuttlesworth etc etc etc.

you are right. but. at the same time. there are a lot of laker fans like that as well. not all. but they love to over react to everything. anyone who wears a laker cap wants to be a laker. and they will come there next season. it's funny every time.

Kyben36
08-09-2017, 02:58 PM
hypothetical. what if another team offered more for the #1. and then the 76ers did not get their guy.

Heediot
08-09-2017, 03:11 PM
So Tatum snitching?http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=31795486

I can't take you seriously with that goofy *** avatar.

hugepatsfan
08-09-2017, 03:14 PM
Sure. Or it could be that Ainge had essentially equal grades on Fultz and Tatum and since it didn't really matter to him which he got he added an asset and still got a player from the top of his list.

The main point being, that while it may be true there is certainly no proof with which to confirm anything more than things were said.

What's more, I agree in general that it's hardly a stretch for the Sixers to trade for the guy they wanted to be sure they got him regardless of what other teams might have done.

Yeah we can never be 100% sure but I think there's a difference between "spin" and "reasoning". I used the example before... if you get the #3 pick and say "oh well we would have taken him #1 anyway" that sounds a lot like spin to me. But in this case, Ainge actually got #1, actually made a trade back, said before the draft he thought they could get the guy he wanted at #1 anyway, then after the draft said he would have taken Tatum at #1, and now the player himself said he was going #1. So while you can be skeptical of everything, I tend to feel that this is genuine and not just positive spin on a trade that they didn't even have to make if they thought it was bad and needed to be "spun". This move was made 100% out of their own willingness so I tend to look at it more as them explaining why then them trying to spin things.

I'm pretty skeptical of the decision nonetheless. I think Fultz will be great. BOS can't afford for him to be a transcendent type of talent. (unless Tatum is transcendent too). Even if they end up with a transcendent player from the pick they got in the future that's more luck than good analysis on their end. If Fultz is really, really good but not a franchise type of player then it doesn't kill them, not even if they get two busts. BOS has a good roster and needs truly elite, top player(s) on title teams caliber of players so they can't afford to miss on those guys. Fultz lookls like he's gonna be that IMO and I'm not sure on Tatum.

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 03:56 PM
Some of you need to work for Trump...

Yes he said it...but they're just words....This is fake News...

I mean...Facts just don't matter anymore...There's always an ulterior game being played...

So my question to the naysayers are...

Would the Lakers have drafted Fultz over Ball?

Scoots
08-09-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah we can never be 100% sure but I think there's a difference between "spin" and "reasoning". I used the example before... if you get the #3 pick and say "oh well we would have taken him #1 anyway" that sounds a lot like spin to me. But in this case, Ainge actually got #1, actually made a trade back, said before the draft he thought they could get the guy he wanted at #1 anyway, then after the draft said he would have taken Tatum at #1, and now the player himself said he was going #1. So while you can be skeptical of everything, I tend to feel that this is genuine and not just positive spin on a trade that they didn't even have to make if they thought it was bad and needed to be "spun". This move was made 100% out of their own willingness so I tend to look at it more as them explaining why then them trying to spin things.

I'm pretty skeptical of the decision nonetheless. I think Fultz will be great. BOS can't afford for him to be a transcendent type of talent. (unless Tatum is transcendent too). Even if they end up with a transcendent player from the pick they got in the future that's more luck than good analysis on their end. If Fultz is really, really good but not a franchise type of player then it doesn't kill them, not even if they get two busts. BOS has a good roster and needs truly elite, top player(s) on title teams caliber of players so they can't afford to miss on those guys. Fultz lookls like he's gonna be that IMO and I'm not sure on Tatum.

I get that ... I was just pushing back on the "CONFIRMED!!!" bit which isn't true. It's just more hearsay no matter how logical does not make it a confirmed fact.

I'm a pedant.

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 03:59 PM
So I see my loyal HOES have followed me here...

My question to my Philly and Minny foes...

"Do you even PIMP Bro?"...

Mr.ATLHawks
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
If this is true IDK why Tatum is happy, they bamboolzed you out of a #1 pick Rookie Salary...dummy.

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
Why do the Celtics have to spin on picking someone 1st or 3rd?...WTF?...

If anything, they're ruining a business partner in Philly rather than soothing Tatum's feelings...

Tatum had little buzz until late as a Top 3 pick...I'm sure he could care less...

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 04:07 PM
If this is true IDK why Tatum is happy, they bamboolzed you out of a #1 pick Rookie Salary...dummy.

Uhh...because they made the team better... and they fked over a rival...because they bought the hype on Fultz...

TheDish87
08-09-2017, 04:28 PM
lol so you can say with certainty the C's would not have traded the pick to anyone else?

you are above and beyonf the worst poster on this site, you make edush look normal.

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 04:41 PM
lol so you can say with certainty the C's would not have traded the pick to anyone else?

you are above and beyonf the worst poster on this site, you make edush look normal.

Yes...I'm your worst nightmare...When you have nothing left in the tank...No Pun Intended...This is what happens... we name call...

I won't call anyone the worst or best poster...I will just break you down regardless...

Get your weight up or stay your narrow ***** on the porch and let the big dogs play...

#purplepeopleeater

Kyben36
08-09-2017, 04:48 PM
Some of you need to work for Trump...

Yes he said it...but they're just words....This is fake News...

I mean...Facts just don't matter anymore...There's always an ulterior game being played...

So my question to the naysayers are...

Would the Lakers have drafted Fultz over Ball?

same answer. who knows. as I recall.

the Lakers not impressed with either lonzo or fultz first workout.

76ers then traded before fultz got a 2nd workout.

who knows. maybe fultz has a great 2nd. maybe lonzo comes in an shoots him in the knee cap. there is no way of knowing.

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 04:48 PM
What??

They made it available when your FO called...

Know your *** when you talk ***...

ESPN's Marc Stein and Zach Lowe reported Friday that the Philadelphia 76ers engaged the C's about swapping the Nos. 1 and 3 picks, possibly with more selections involved, and Wojnarowski added that the Sixers had an eye toward Fultz.

Kyben36
08-09-2017, 04:50 PM
Why do the Celtics have to spin on picking someone 1st or 3rd?...WTF?...

If anything, they're ruining a business partner in Philly rather than soothing Tatum's feelings...

Tatum had little buzz until late as a Top 3 pick...I'm sure he could care less...

what. ruining a trade partner. lol. your insane. 76ers don't care if they would have take. him first. they wanted him bad enough that they were willing to trade a future asset to guarantee nobody could jump up and grab him.

look. of I recall. Lakers and Celtics were both having trade talks as well for both #1 and #2. anything could have happened. to pretend you know everything makes you look incredibly stupid

TheDish87
08-09-2017, 05:09 PM
Yes...I'm your worst nightmare...When you have nothing left in the tank...No Pun Intended...This is what happens... we name call...

I won't call anyone the worst or best poster...I will just break you down regardless...

Get your weight up or stay your narrow ***** on the porch and let the big dogs play...

#purplepeopleeater

lol wut, dude?

TheDish87
08-09-2017, 05:11 PM
What??

They made it available when your FO called...

Know your *** when you talk ***...

ESPN's Marc Stein and Zach Lowe reported Friday that the Philadelphia 76ers engaged the C's about swapping the Nos. 1 and 3 picks, possibly with more selections involved, and Wojnarowski added that the Sixers had an eye toward Fultz.

so Boston told us they would take Tatum 1 when we called, thats what youre saying?

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 05:14 PM
what. ruining a trade partner. lol. your insane. 76ers don't care if they would have take. him first. they wanted him bad enough that they were willing to trade a future asset to guarantee nobody could jump up and grab him.

look. of I recall. Lakers and Celtics were both having trade talks as well for both #1 and #2. anything could have happened. to pretend you know everything makes you look incredibly stupid

Who? what? when?

If Ainge is publicly saying they basically lied to you...and Tatum is saying they tricked you...

Yeah bro...let's do business again...

But It's Philly...We raped them on the Bynum trade...every team gets a turn...

Who's next?...

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm pretty skeptical of the decision nonetheless. I think Fultz will be great.

Fultz lookls like he's gonna be that IMO and I'm not sure on Tatum.

So I can't tell if you are a Boston fan or Philly fan in the NBA...

But let me ask you...

What makes you think Fultz will be great in the NBA but not so sure about Tatum?

Rocco007
08-09-2017, 09:27 PM
you are right. but. at the same time. there are a lot of laker fans like that as well. not all. but they love to over react to everything. anyone who wears a laker cap wants to be a laker. and they will come there next season. it's funny every time.

Keep an eye on that chick...I'm sure you'll get a kick of how she'll be riding that Zo train when he blows up...and I guess she will want respect for that because she waited...:laugh2:

We have a few/some horrible fans I agree...BUt passion is not the problem...It's bandwagoners...
Traitors and bullshat artists...

mightybosstone
08-09-2017, 10:38 PM
Keep an eye on that chick...I'm sure you'll get a kick of how she'll be riding that Zo train when he blows up...and I guess she will want respect for that because she waited...:laugh2:

We have a few/some horrible fans I agree...BUt passion is not the problem...It's bandwagoners...
Traitors and bullshat artists...

Your posts are like mushrooms in that they're bad and I hate them.

(And, yes, I would rather turn this thread into a conversation about foods I hate than actually converse about NBA basketball with you).

GREATNESS ONE
08-09-2017, 10:59 PM
As an Executive Chef, I can make something with mushrooms and you would love it..

One Nut Kruk
08-10-2017, 12:17 AM
I love mushrooms.

Ariza's Better
08-10-2017, 06:32 AM

(And, yes, I would rather turn this thread into a conversation about foods I hate than actually converse about NBA basketball with you).

Surely you don't hate raw mushrooms? Cooked I understand your point but not raw.

warfelg
08-10-2017, 07:26 AM

Mushrooms are only surpassed by pickles....pure and concentrated evil.

KnicksorBust
08-10-2017, 08:35 AM
Great clickbait title. Worked on me.

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Who? what? when?

If Ainge is publicly saying they basically lied to you...and Tatum is saying they tricked you...

Who's next?...

lololol dude you lost the Bynum trade too and still are trying to get out of the mess created. we been moved past that. nice try though.

jaydubb
08-10-2017, 08:47 AM
As an Executive Chef, I can make something with mushrooms and you would love it..:drool:

jaydubb
08-10-2017, 08:57 AM

Traitors and bullshat artists...I've tried to stay away from the hate that you get in the laker forum but truth is you're really annoying AF..

Guess what crayon boy, nobody values what you say anyway. For every time that you get something right, you're always wrong on like 20 laker prospects that you hyped up previously.. I don't see you still repping all these laker busts that you hypes up so you're also the bandwagon fan in your own definition of the word... I guess that means that you think you're a horrible fan in your own words.. I think we all agree with you on that

jaydubb
08-10-2017, 09:01 AM
Great clickbait title. Worked on me.It's pretty bad in the laker forum... Almost every day I get a notification on my phone from psd on a new thread that says "BREAKING" in all uppercase font... You'd think something huge just happened, but no it's just Rocco posting meaningless threads threads like "BREAKING, LeBron James took a **** in an LA taco bel!!! LeBron 2 LA confirmed"

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Who? what? when?

Who's next?...

Philly never wanted Bynum. and as I recall. Dwight Howard raped the Lakers on that trade. trading **** tons of picks (why u guys have been forced to tank for years cause they own the picks that would have gone to Orlando)

ainge Wil ldefend his pick and claim whoever he picked he loved no matter what. the point is Philly got the guy they wanted. there is no guarantee that fultz would have made it to number 3. a team could have traded with Boston or LA anyway.

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 03:16 PM
to the mushroom point. I love the flavor. but I can't stand the texture myself. any ideas to help me Mr executive chef.

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 03:36 PM
what da **** is this weirdo talking about?

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 03:36 PM

Some of my Laker H*** are getting emotional on here... every now and then they get out of pocket and publicly vent because I ignore them...and they need my attention...
You know how women are...
BUt they are still loyal H***, wherever I go they will follow...

My question to you is..."Do you even PIMP bro?"
Get your levels up...

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 03:41 PM
So let's see...
Nash was playing on a high level then got old quick...
Dwight Howard left and has since been on 3 different teams...
and Bynum medically retired at age 24...
We traded damaged goods for a chance at D12 and Nash...
You make that trade 10 out of 10 times. if you're an NBA GM...

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 03:46 PM
so Boston told us they would take Tatum 1 when we called, thats what youre saying?

You really need to take your time when you respond to me...wTF?... :laugh2:

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 03:48 PM
what da **** is this weirdo talking about?

When you have nothing left in the Tank...

DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!!!

#purplepeopleeater

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 04:04 PM
So let's see...
Nash was playing on a high level then got old quick...
Dwight Howard left and has since been on 3 different teams...
and Bynum medically retired at age 24...
We traded damaged goods for a chance at D12 and Nash...
You make that trade 10 out of 10 times. if you're an NBA GM...

but you lost the trade, too. The Sixers were fresh off falling a minute away from reaching the ECF and looking to add a star to reach the next level. You make that move 10 times out of 10. We had a deal for Howard first but he said he wouldnt re-sign.

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 04:05 PM
You really need to take your time when you respond to me...wTF?... :laugh2:

you are trying to insult us for trading for 1 like we had any way of knowing who Boston was going to take lol or that they wouldn't deal the pick elsewhere. but that doesnt fit your annoying ****ing agenda does it?

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 04:09 PM
Philly never wanted Bynum. and as I recall.

Yeah I know..

The Technical definition of rape is:

to violate with or by force

76ers file grievance against Lakers for Andrew Bynum trade, seek $3 million as compensation

by Harrison Faigen@hmfaigen Jun 28, 2015, 11:27am PDT

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/6/28/8859237/la-lakers-philadelphia-76ers-andrew-bynum-trade-grievance

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 04:15 PM

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 04:17 PM
glad to see you ignored my questions and here i gave you a chance to have a respectful debate but you coudldnt do it to literally no ones surprise.

also we filed against LA bcuz NO filed one on us over Holiday.

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 04:29 PM
also we filed against LA bcuz NO filed one on us over Holiday.

What attorney is going to take that case? WTF!!!
Didn't NO just sign him to a max deal while Bynum is bowling at 400 lbs??????? Bro stop debating me...You're terrible... :speechless:

The Philadelphia 76ers have filed a grievance with the NBA against the Los Angeles Lakers, alleging that the Lakers knew more about Andrew Bynum's injuries than they disclosed and asking for three million dollars as compensation, according to Howard Eskin of Fox 29 in Philadelphia. The Sixers acquired Bynum as the third team in the trade bringing Dwight Howard to Los Angeles in August of 2012, but the injury-prone center played zero games for the Sixers in his lone season there, sitting out all 82 games because of "complications" with his knee injury.

TheDish87
08-10-2017, 04:35 PM
you are brain dead. but hey keep ignoring my draft day question though.

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 06:07 PM
you are trying to insult us for trading for 1 like we had any way of knowing who Boston was going to take lol or that they wouldn't deal the pick elsewhere. but that doesnt fit your annoying ****ing agenda does it?

Fultz is not above and beyond better than the other top draft picks dude!!!
He would have fell to you!!!
at worst you draft Tatum or Jackson...Move back draft Fox...move back draft DJS!!!!

There was no need for that trade...IMO...

Philly has done less with more in their drafts the last 5 years...
Terrible...
Nobody wants Okafor...
Thats 2 blown top 3 picks...
2 others never played their 1st year...
Complete disaster...
But Phillyfan is cool with it...

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 06:09 PM
you are brain dead. but hey keep ignoring my draft day question though.

I just crushed you on the Bynum trade...He played 0.0 games in a Philly Uni...:hi5:

Esoteric
08-10-2017, 06:14 PM

Listen here buddy, We all know that Rocco is an annoying little crayon girl but you leave mushrooms out of this they are little bits of fungal heaven

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 07:59 PM
Yeah I know..

The Technical definition of rape is:

to violate with or by force

76ers file grievance against Lakers for Andrew Bynum trade, seek $3 million as compensation

by Harrison Faigen@hmfaigen Jun 28, 2015, 11:27am PDT

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2015/6/28/8859237/la-lakers-philadelphia-76ers-andrew-bynum-trade-grievance

so you guys got a year of Dwight. and traded every pick for the next 5 years under protection forcing you to tank to even keep your pick. be a shirty team. and pay them 3 mil. wow. who was the looser there.

in sure Philly is fine with what they have and would rather take Bynum 3 mil and the picks you traded which was used to move up over you and take the better player than keep some of their mediocre players they traded to Orlando who has been **** for years.

looser in order seem to be

Orlando
Lakers
Sixers easily won that trade.

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 08:00 PM
I just crushed you on the Bynum trade...He played 0.0 games in a Philly Uni...:hi5:

they used your asset to jump you in the draft and take the clearly better player. lol

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 08:02 PM
at worst you draft Tatum or Jackson...Move back draft Fox...move back draft DJS!!!!

Terrible...
Nobody wants Okafor...
Complete disaster...

if take Philly over LA. anyone else

Kyben36
08-10-2017, 08:06 PM
also. didn't the Lakers just trade a former 2nd overall pick 2 years into his career a 29 year old center who can't rebound. a guy who was able to carry a team who has no need to tank to less wins than your Lakers. lol

Jamiecballer
08-10-2017, 09:09 PM
Mushrooms are only surpassed by pickles....pure and concentrated evil.I have a theory that dill pickles would sell way more if they were blue. Don't you think every once in a while that it looks like a you've got a jar full of crocodiles in your fridge?

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 10:06 PM
also. didn't the Lakers just trade a former 2nd overall pick 2 years into his career a 29 year old center who can't rebound. a guy who was able to carry a team who has no need to tank to less wins than your Lakers. lol

Yes...We traded Russell unloaded Mozgov contract (16 mil) for a Top Tier Center /expiring 20 mil contract and 1st rd pick Kyle Kuzma opening up to the drafting of Lonzo Ball...

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 10:09 PM
so you guys got a year of Dwight. and traded every pick for the next 5 years under protection forcing you to tank to even keep your pick. be a shirty team. and pay them 3 mil. wow. who was the looser there.

in sure Philly is fine with what they have and would rather take Bynum 3 mil and the picks you traded which was used to move up over you and take the better player than keep some of their mediocre players they traded to Orlando who has been **** for years.

looser in order seem to be

Orlando
Lakers
Sixers easily won that trade.

Nah nah nah I say you're the biggest loser...

Rocco007
08-10-2017, 10:23 PM
Philly traded Harkless, Vucuvic, Iguodala and a 1st round pick for Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson...

Here’s a list of everyone involved:

The Sixers get Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson.

The Lakers get Dwight Howard, Earl Clark and Chris Duhon.

The Nuggets get Andre Iguodala.

The Magic get Moe Harkless, Nikola Vucevic, Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, Christian Eyenga, Josh McRoberts and protected first round picks from each team, and a second round pick from Denver.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2012/08/10/report-sixers-trade-iguodala-for-andrew-bynum-in-four-team-dwight-howard-blockbuster/

TheDish87
08-11-2017, 08:33 AM

Terrible...
Nobody wants Okafor...
Complete disaster...

how can you tell me he would have fell to us when Boston was open to trading the pick? you are assuring me that Boston would only have traded with us or that we somehow should have known their plans? lol unreal.

TheDish87
08-11-2017, 08:35 AM

lol so we both lost the player we gave up value for after 1 season but the lakers didnt lose the trade? lol you finished in 8th and got waxed by the Spurs and Howard bolted as fast as he could lololoolloolool and you have been tanking since

warfelg
08-11-2017, 08:56 AM
I have a theory that dill pickles would sell way more if they were blue. Don't you think every once in a while that it looks like a you've got a jar full of crocodiles in your fridge?

I dunno. I don't have them.

As for the thread....is it possible to be "bamboozled" when both teams got what they want? Sixers wanted to ensure they got Fultz, Celtics wanted an extra asset for a player they knew would be there later. There's no "bamboozle-ing" going on there.

BTW it's a win for us because we basically traded MCW and Pick 5 for Pick 1. That's a huge win even if you want to claim we didn't trade for #1, which I don't buy 100% by the way. I think the Celtics felt very highly of a couple of guys (Fultz, Ball, JJ, Tatum). Then Ball refused to work out for them, JJ refused to work out for them, and even though Fultz did, I wouldn't be shocked if his camp wanted to Celtics to promise a trade that opened up playing time. Tatum was willing to work out for them, was open about being ok to many things, and the Celtics liked that.

So the Celtics feeling that there was little separation and there might be a top pick team that had some separation, so they start calling around. The Sixers having some separation between Fultz and the guys available at 3 were willing to make that trade to ensure no one jumped them to make they pick.

Because lets just picture:
Celtics stay at #1 and take Tatum thinking to themselves "Hey we didn't get a trade that works so we'll just stay and pick who we want".

Lakers at #2 would be stupid to no at least listen to trade offers since Fultz was now available. I think that the Suns or Kings would have likely tried to put together some amazing packages for the #2 pick, as both teams loved Fultz.

Now the Sixers are sitting at #3, the guy they wanted gone, someone else they liked is gone too. They weren't going to take Ball because they weren't all that interested in him. What does that leave them? Taking a guy they didn't work out or trading down with teams that know the Sixers are only trading because they don't like anyone? That's a lose lose situation for us.

Then lets say it was the Suns that traded up, the Lakers have added to their picks and assets, fell to #4, and still got the guy that they wanted.

If at all it might be the Lakers that got Bamboozled by the Celtics trading with the Sixers.

Scoots
08-11-2017, 09:07 AM
I have a theory that dill pickles would sell way more if they were blue. Don't you think every once in a while that it looks like a you've got a jar full of crocodiles in your fridge?

Supposedly blue is the least appetizing color.

Scoots
08-11-2017, 09:11 AM
Yes...We traded Russell unloaded Mozgov contract (16 mil) for a Top Tier Center /expiring 20 mil contract and 1st rd pick Kyle Kuzma opening up to the drafting of Lonzo Ball...

Mid-tier center.

warfelg
08-11-2017, 09:19 AM
Mid-tier center.

Everyone instantly becomes top tier with the Lakers. :nod:

hugepatsfan
08-11-2017, 09:20 AM
I dunno. I don't have them.

As for the thread....is it possible to be "bamboozled" when both teams got what they want? Sixers wanted to ensure they got Fultz, Celtics wanted an extra asset for a player they knew would be there later. There's no "bamboozle-ing" going on there.

BTW it's a win for us because we basically traded MCW and Pick 5 for Pick 1. That's a huge win even if you want to claim we didn't trade for #1, which I don't buy 100% by the way. I think the Celtics felt very highly of a couple of guys (Fultz, Ball, JJ, Tatum). Then Ball refused to work out for them, JJ refused to work out for them, and even though Fultz did, I wouldn't be shocked if his camp wanted to Celtics to promise a trade that opened up playing time. Tatum was willing to work out for them, was open about being ok to many things, and the Celtics liked that.

So the Celtics feeling that there was little separation and there might be a top pick team that had some separation, so they start calling around. The Sixers having some separation between Fultz and the guys available at 3 were willing to make that trade to ensure no one jumped them to make they pick.

Because lets just picture:
Celtics stay at #1 and take Tatum thinking to themselves "Hey we didn't get a trade that works so we'll just stay and pick who we want".

Lakers at #2 would be stupid to no at least listen to trade offers since Fultz was now available. I think that the Suns or Kings would have likely tried to put together some amazing packages for the #2 pick, as both teams loved Fultz.

Now the Sixers are sitting at #3, the guy they wanted gone, someone else they liked is gone too. They weren't going to take Ball because they weren't all that interested in him. What does that leave them? Taking a guy they didn't work out or trading down with teams that know the Sixers are only trading because they don't like anyone? That's a lose lose situation for us.

Then lets say it was the Suns that traded up, the Lakers have added to their picks and assets, fell to #4, and still got the guy that they wanted.

If at all it might be the Lakers that got Bamboozled by the Celtics trading with the Sixers.

I'm not a huge fan of this logic. I get that the origins of this trade can be traced back to past moves but that's over and done now. I think you gotta evaluate this trade (or any other) on its own merits. How you got in position to make it doesn't provide justification for it not working out. I'm not saying it won't obviously just in general saying we shouldn't attach it to previous moves. This trade was its own decision.

TheDish87
08-11-2017, 09:35 AM
how we got there absolutely is meaningful, its exactly why you collect assets. it has no affect on if Fultz pans out or not but without the previous moves we likely cant get to 1

warfelg
08-11-2017, 09:42 AM
I'm not a huge fan of this logic. I get that the origins of this trade can be traced back to past moves but that's over and done now. I think you gotta evaluate this trade (or any other) on its own merits. How you got in position to make it doesn't provide justification for it not working out. I'm not saying it won't obviously just in general saying we shouldn't attach it to previous moves. This trade was its own decision.

I matters a ton IMO. Because we didn't trade away our own pick, you have to trace where we got that asset from. It came from MCW.

jphysics
08-11-2017, 09:50 AM

But I really want to live there... Can I move there?

hugepatsfan
08-11-2017, 09:51 AM
I just don't agree with that logic. The 76ers didn't trade MCW in this deal. They had the #3 pick this year and the LAL/SAC pick. That's what they gave up. Trades are about the value you give up vs. the value you get. When we look back on this trade the question will be on PHI's end whether or not they got more value then they gave up and what they gave up is #3/the LAL or SAC pick.

The fact that they got those chips from the MCW and other trades speaks to the overall job they've done building their team but it has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not they gave up or received the greater value in this trade.

Every trade comes down to whether with that one particular move you made your team better or worse. What you did to get any assets you have is in the past.

Look at this way, the Warrior got Draymond Green for a 2nd round pick. So if they traded him for a #20 pick then you could still trace it all the way back and say they came out on top. But obviously that'd be dumb because what they're giving up isn't equal to a 2nd round pick anymore. Just like PHI isn't giving up MCW anymore. The value re-sets based on what you actually have to put into this trade.

Scoots
08-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Everyone instantly becomes top tier with the Lakers. :nod:

DLo was the best young PG in the NBA ... now he's gone and Lonzo is. :nod:

JasonJohnHorn
08-11-2017, 10:02 AM
They weren't bamboozled... there is no difference here than there would be between a team trading play A for player B and a pick.

Everybody knew who the top prospect was, and Boston had a different view of what they wanted/needed. They used that to get more assets. Had they still had the first pick, they would have likely taken Fultz and then traded him to whoever drafted Tatum. Same thing would have happened.

This is the reward for winning the lottery.

Rocco007
08-11-2017, 02:37 PM
They weren't bamboozled... there is no difference here than there would be between a team trading play A for player B and a pick.

Everybody knew who the top prospect was, and Boston had a different view of what they wanted/needed. They used that to get more assets. Had they still had the first pick, they would have likely taken Fultz and then traded him to whoever drafted Tatum. Same thing would have happened.

This is the reward for winning the lottery.

Why was Fultz the top prospect?

Most franchises have a Plan A, B and C...
It appears Philly just had a Plan A...Get Fultz at all costs...
I actually thought it made more sense for Philly to trade for D'Angelo Russell and pair him up with his buddy Ben Simmons...Fultz and Russell are basically the same type player...Russell has the better NBA release on his jumper...Fultz a bit more athletic...Russell probably smarter and passes better...
Philly drafts with Blinders on...No rhyme or reason...
Noel (injury issues) Gone for nothing...
Embiid (injury issues)
Okafor will be gone for nothing...

They are wasteful...no strategy...

Rocco007
08-11-2017, 03:15 PM
Phil Jackson Wanted To Trade Kristaps Porzingis For No. 1 Pick To Take Lonzo Ball
By Daniel Starkand - 08/11/2017

“People knew, they probably wouldn’t have accepted, but Phil was angling to try and trade Porzingis for the No. 1 pick to Boston and he would have taken [Lonzo] Ball. That’s who he was after. In the end, people might really like that.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-phil-jackson-wanted-to-trade-kristaps-porzingis-for-no-1-pick-to-take-lonzo-ball/2017/08/11/

Hawkeye15
08-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Phil Jackson Wanted To Trade Kristaps Porzingis For No. 1 Pick To Take Lonzo Ball
By Daniel Starkand - 08/11/2017

“People knew, they probably wouldn’t have accepted, but Phil was angling to try and trade Porzingis for the No. 1 pick to Boston and he would have taken [Lonzo] Ball. That’s who he was after. In the end, people might really like that.”

http://www.lakersnation.com/nba-rumors-phil-jackson-wanted-to-trade-kristaps-porzingis-for-no-1-pick-to-take-lonzo-ball/2017/08/11/

isn't using Phil as an argument FOR basketball intelligence when it comes to front office work kind of a bad idea?

warfelg
08-11-2017, 03:59 PM
isn't using Phil as an argument FOR basketball intelligence when it comes to front office work kind of a bad idea?

Pretty much.

Rocco007
08-11-2017, 05:08 PM
Yeah I know...because the Philly FO is the NBA standard bearer for elite moves... :up:

Kyben36
08-11-2017, 06:02 PM

I'm not sure that I would like them more of they were blue. I would probably feel like I was blowing a Smurf every time I had one.

Scoots
08-11-2017, 08:06 PM
I'm not sure that I would like them more of they were blue. I would probably feel like I was blowing a Smurf every time I had one.

I could see why you'd want to suppress that memory.