PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference Predictions

Pages : [1] 2

Dade County
07-30-2017, 07:58 PM
How do you think the East will shape out? Predict playoff seeding. Key storylines and more?

Dade County
07-30-2017, 08:00 PM
Bucks:
I think they make a move and get someone to run with Giannis near the trade deadline.

Boston:
They trade for DeMarcus Cousins (of course they target AD first, but Pelicans wonít let him go).

Cavís:
They trade Kyrie. Lbj gets slowed down by injuries. Cavís finish top 4 in East. Cavís make it to the Finalís again.

Knicks:
They donít agree to trade Melo to Houston. They try to package off Melo & Frank for Kyrie Irving, up to Melo to waive NTC.

HEAT:
They finish top four in the East. Pat tries to pull off a trade mid December. Wade signs back with Miami after Bulls buy him out.

76ers:
They make the Playoffs!

Pistons:
This doesnít make me happy but i think Stan gets fired if they donít make the Playoffs.

Nets:
Finish just outside of 8th seed.

Magic:
Jonathan Isaac is going to be a monster!

1. Boston
2. Cavís (Lbj injury & trading away Kyrie, but they finished 2nd last season as well)
3. HEAT
4. Raps
5. Bucks
6. Wiz
7. Hornets
8. 76ers (If they stay healthy)

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 08:21 PM
It's really hard to predict this conference right now, but if I had to, it would look something like this:

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Washington
4. Milwaukee
5. Toronto
6. Miami
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit
9. Philadelphia
10. Orlando
11. Indiana
12. New York (assuming Melo leaves)
13. Atlanta
14. Chicago
15. Brooklyn

DanG
07-30-2017, 08:21 PM
I believe if the Sixers stay healthy they can get to as high as the 5th or 6th seed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Giannis has improved.

But other than that, it's still the same old movie, Cavs coast, everyones going crazy because the Raptors blew them out in a regular season game. In the playoffs, Kyle Lowry chokes, Cleveland sweeps, another finals for LeBron.

The Raptors are still the Raptors, Wizards didn't do anything in the offseason. It's basically Cleveland and a star-away Boston plus two up and coming teams in Bucks and Sixers.

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 08:33 PM
1 Boston
2 Bucks (think they are getting good. )
3 raptors ( playoff fizzle but regular season studs)
4. Cavs ( without kyrie projection)
5 Hornets (adding Howard helps them make a playoff push)
6 Wizzards (4 seed last year. no reason they don't make it)
7 Heat. ( almost made it last year. with teams tanking they make it easy)
8 76ers (not buying hype yet. too young but will push for playoffs)
9 Pistons (could make playoffs. but I don't see it)
10 Orlando (i don't buy any hype. they can't seem to get better or tank right)
11 Knicks (projecting without melo)
12 Hawks ( I think they are coached well. but lack talent won't be that bad)
13 Nets (while they suck. they are trying. and don't own their pick so won't be tanking)
14 Bulls (they will be tanking)
15 Pacers (also tanking)

obviously things would majorly change if kyrie or melo are delt in conference.

pebloemer
07-30-2017, 08:37 PM
Boston, Washington, Toronto, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Charlotte and Heat all look like playoff teams in this conference to me. Spot for a young team (76ers?) to emerge. Lots of easy opponents for decent teams to rack up wins on.

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 08:38 PM
It's really hard to predict this conference right now, but if I had to, it would look something like this:

1. Boston
2. Cleveland
3. Washington
4. Milwaukee
5. Toronto
6. Miami
7. Charlotte
8. Detroit
9. Philadelphia
10. Orlando
11. Indiana
12. New York (assuming Melo leaves)
13. Atlanta
14. Chicago
15. Brooklyn

don't think Brooklyn is that bad. o Brooklyn does not own their pick while they suck. will be trying teams like chicago Indiana New York and Atlanta imo.will try to get their pick better by the end the season for sure. and Brooklyn will. end up in like 3rd or 4th from last

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 08:44 PM
don't think Brooklyn is that bad. o Brooklyn does not own their pick while they suck. will be trying teams like chicago Indiana New York and Atlanta imo.will try to get their pick better by the end the season for sure. and Brooklyn will. end up in like 3rd or 4th from last

The last 4-5 teams are pretty much interchangeable for me. They're all pretty terrible. I gave Indiana the benefit of the doubt among them because Myles Turner shows promise, and I think Victor Oladipo will have something to prove. New York has Porzingis and a halfway competent team around him without Melo, so I like their chances to at least crack 30-35 wins. Atlanta, Chicago and Brooklyn all don't really have much to be excited about on paper, but I don't think any of them cracks 30 wins.

Scoots
07-30-2017, 08:44 PM
It's so hard to predict either conference with so many massive changes not to mention so many changes maybe still to come.

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 08:47 PM
1 Boston
2 Bucks (think they are getting good. )
3 raptors ( playoff fizzle but regular season studs)
4. Cavs ( without kyrie projection)
5 Hornets (adding Howard helps them make a playoff push)
6 Wizzards (4 seed last year. no reason they don't make it)
7 Heat. ( almost made it last year. with teams tanking they make it easy)
8 76ers (not buying hype yet. too young but will push for playoffs)
9 Pistons (could make playoffs. but I don't see it)
10 Orlando (i don't buy any hype. they can't seem to get better or tank right)
11 Knicks (projecting without melo)
12 Hawks ( I think they are coached well. but lack talent won't be that bad)
13 Nets (while they suck. they are trying. and don't own their pick so won't be tanking)
14 Bulls (they will be tanking)
15 Pacers (also tanking)

obviously things would majorly change if kyrie or melo are delt in conference.

Even without Kyrie, I'd be surprised for the Cavs to fall further than second. Look at their record the last few seasons with Lebron and without him. That tells me that it doesn't matter that much in terms of regular season success whether Kyrie is there or not. If Lebron is there, they win 50 games and crack the top two, IMO. The only reason I put Boston higher is because I think the regular season matters more to them than it does the Cavs. But if Lebron wants 55-60 wins, he can get it with that Cleveland team sans Kyrie.

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 09:17 PM
Even without Kyrie, I'd be surprised for the Cavs to fall further than second. Look at their record the last few seasons with Lebron and without him. That tells me that it doesn't matter that much in terms of regular season success whether Kyrie is there or not. If Lebron is there, they win 50 games and crack the top two, IMO. The only reason I put Boston higher is because I think the regular season matters more to them than it does the Cavs. But if Lebron wants 55-60 wins, he can get it with that Cleveland team sans Kyrie.

they only had 51 wins last year. with kyrie. tied for 2nd with the raptoes. and you don't think with all their issues they will cause problems. LeBron leaving looming over head. guys will their names in trade rumors all year. question marks at GM. I forsee LeBron and rose butting heads when LeBron decides to get in his face and cast blame. how is the team going to fare when love heard his name in trade rumors.

I also think that some of you really under value Kyrie (who played great despite playing second fiddle to LeBron ) who they won't be able to replace. or maybe you hold a 32 year old LeBron on two high a pedestal thinking he can carry this team like he did he old Cavs in his prime and a much worse eastern conference.

this team will be in for a dark season. a lot of turmoil. and if you want to ignore that. despite the fact that they had similar issues last year. your either blind of the truth. of ignoring the obvious issues to come.

Jamiecballer
07-30-2017, 10:01 PM
Cleveland
Toronto
Boston
Washington
Milwaukee
Miami
Who gives a poop

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 11:43 AM
Cleveland
Boston
Toronto
Washington
Miami
Milwaukee (I would have them higher, it's just always something with them)
Charlotte
who cares-swept by the Cavs

TheDish87
07-31-2017, 11:56 AM
(every prediction made should be assuming health)

1. Celtics
2. Wiz
3. Cavs
4. Raptors
5. Bucks
6. Heat
7. Sixers
8. Hornets

Pistons
Pacers
Hawks
Nets
Bulls
Knicks
Magic

eDush
07-31-2017, 12:12 PM
I believe if the Sixers stay healthy they can get to as high as the 5th or 6th seed.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how Giannis has improved.

But other than that, it's still the same old movie, Cavs coast, everyones going crazy because the Raptors blew them out in a regular season game. In the playoffs, Kyle Lowry chokes, Cleveland sweeps, another finals for LeBron.

The Raptors are still the Raptors, Wizards didn't do anything in the offseason. It's basically Cleveland and a star-away Boston plus two up and coming teams in Bucks and Sixers.I tend to agree because Fultz is https://youtu.be/qQHXBspqNIw and if they can remain injury free especially Simmons, then their trust in the process should come to fruition.

xxplayerxx23
07-31-2017, 01:28 PM
If Knicks don't get Kyrie Knicks need to be bottom 3 in east please

TylerSL
07-31-2017, 03:19 PM
1. Cavs-Lebron will be on a mission this year to show the league hasn't passed him yet. 58-60 wins
2. Celtics-I expect them to win about as many games as last year, expect 54-56 wins
3. Heat-A roster loaded with good players but lack a superstar that will get them over the hump, 50-52 wins
4. Raptors-An Aging squad that has probably peaked as a team. 48-50 wins
5. Wizards-John Wall will continue to be one of the best players but can only carry them so far. 45-48 wins
6. Bucks-Giannis will get better and Milwaukee improve off of last year. 44-46 wins
7. 76ers-They will be an exciting surprise team this year with Embiid and co and make the playoffs. 42-44 wins
8. Hornets-With veterans like Walker, Howard, and Batum they will be too good not to make playoffs. 40-42 wins

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 04:37 PM
1. Cavs-Lebron will be on a mission this year to show the league hasn't passed him yet. 58-60 wins
2. Celtics-I expect them to win about as many games as last year, expect 54-56 wins
3. Heat-A roster loaded with good players but lack a superstar that will get them over the hump, 50-52 wins
5. Wizards-John Wall will continue to be one of the best players but can only carry them so far. 45-48 wins
6. Bucks-Giannis will get better and Milwaukee improve off of last year. 44-46 wins
7. 76ers-They will be an exciting surprise team this year with Embiid and co and make the playoffs. 42-44 wins
8. Hornets-With veterans like Walker, Howard, and Batum they will be too good not to make playoffs. 40-42 wins

the east had four teams that were around .500 make the playoffs, and lost the 3 best players of those 4 teams to the west. We are back to the east plugging in a couple of sub .500 teams into the playoffs this year dude, trust me.

FlashBolt
07-31-2017, 05:16 PM
Regular season is irrelevant - especially in the East. We all know it's a LeBron vs Warriors thing until someone decides it no longer wants to be. I don't care what moves Boston made this offseason.. they don't have anyone capable of making LeBron put full effort. Hayward was a nice pickup but losing Bradley was a huge hit. Jayson Tatum looks to be a very good player but not enough right now to make anyone afraid. IT will see a decline in numbers - and that's his motto. He can only score - which makes his role less likely to dominate as a result of these moves.

rhino17
08-01-2017, 12:08 AM
1) Boston
2) Cleveland
3) Washington
4) Milwaukee
5) Toronto
6) Miami
7) Charlotte
8) Philadelphia

mrblisterdundee
08-01-2017, 12:58 AM
1. Cleveland
2. Boston
3. Washington
4. Milwaukee
5. Toronto
6. Miami
7. Charlotte
8. Philadelphia

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 08:52 AM
its the best seeing all these people who **** on the Sixers every chance they got the past 4 years pick them to make playoffs. it truly is wonderful. Guess you all finally Trust The Process!

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-01-2017, 09:42 AM
its the best seeing all these people who **** on the Sixers every chance they got the past 4 years pick them to make playoffs. it truly is wonderful. Guess you all finally Trust The Process!

Well the east is very weak. PG13,Butler,Millsap all headed west. Besides pending trades of Irving and Melo could end up in the west as well.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 09:50 AM

considering a .500 record is a lock for the playoffs out east this year, woo hoo

j-bay
08-01-2017, 10:05 AM

LOL. The Wizards have Beal who will probably be a All Star, and Porter who is rapidly growing into a better player each year. You said it yourself. Miami doesn't have a superstar, the Wizards have 2. The Wizards are winning the division, and will be no lower the 4th seed.

Here is mine

1.Celtics
2.Cavs
3.Wizards
4.Raptors
5.Bucks
6.Heat
7.Hornets
8.Sixers

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 10:51 AM
considering a .500 record is a lock for the playoffs out east this year, woo hoo

.500+ record with a team full of babies is freaking awesome. That kind of season and we become one of the, if not the most desirable place to play going forward for FA's.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 10:59 AM
.500+ record with a team full of babies is freaking awesome. That kind of season and we become one of the, if not the most desirable place to play going forward for FA's.

eh, you will need a player or two to really show they are perennial all star talents, not just with potential, but with actual results. I don't think any impact free agents are coming for another couple of years to you guys personally.

And no, there will be more than 1 team with a sub .500 record making the playoffs out east this year. Trust me.

warfelg
08-01-2017, 10:59 AM
eh, you will need a player or two to really show they are perennial all star talents, not just with potential, but with actual results. I don't think any impact free agents are coming for another couple of years to you guys personally.

I feel like we got on with JJ TBH.

I think that Embiid (again if healthy) proved he can be a perennial all star talent with how close he came.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 11:02 AM

I think that Embiid (again if healthy) proved he can be a perennial all star talent with how close he came.

JJ came for the money.

Embiid is such an unknown. IF is everything he is about right now. Whatever happens with him, clearly changes everything for your team.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-01-2017, 11:30 AM

Embiid will be a All Star no doubt about that. Just needs to stay healthy. Which is iffy. But for luring in F.A.'s not so sure just yet. I think you have to trade for your second star to be paired with Embiid. I'm sure you will have to gut most of your youth. Then cross your fingers a third star wants to join then. Unless Fultz or Simmons or Saric takes a leap this year or next to be the second star.

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 11:33 AM

And no, there will be more than 1 team with a sub .500 record making the playoffs out east this year. Trust me.

Embiid does his thing with ~55+ games (missed ones being a mix of rest a maybe bumps and bruises) and dudes are going to be dying to play with him especially if we make the playoffs.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-01-2017, 11:43 AM
Embiid does his thing with ~55+ games (missed ones being a mix of rest a maybe bumps and bruises) and dudes are going to be dying to play with him especially if we make the playoffs.

Chance Embiid may have to win a championship on his own before any super stars take the lazy way out and want a easy ride. Heck Hakeem had to win one on his own before they traded for Drexler, Pippen, Barkley.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 11:55 AM

until you can trust Embiid to be standing by the time the playoffs start, he isn't roping in the clinchers.

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 12:00 PM
Chance Embiid may have to win a championship on his own before any super stars take the lazy way out and want a easy ride. Heck Hakeem had to win one on his own before they traded for Drexler, Pippen, Barkley.

you are out of your mind if you think in todays NBA JE is gonna have to win a ring on his own before he attracts others to come here. We dont even have to attract others if Saric, Fultz, Simmons even live up to 75% of their potential.

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 12:01 PM
until you can trust Embiid to be standing by the time the playoffs start, he isn't roping in the clinchers.

but you quoted a post where i acknowledged this. For now it rides on Embiid but in a few years Saric, Fultz, Simmons can still become a big 3 on their own.

warfelg
08-01-2017, 12:17 PM
JJ came for the money.

Embiid is such an unknown. IF is everything he is about right now. Whatever happens with him, clearly changes everything for your team.

So what if it was for money. T/F JJ will have an impact on the Sixers?

warfelg
08-01-2017, 12:18 PM
Embiid will be a All Star no doubt about that. Just needs to stay healthy. Which is iffy. But for luring in F.A.'s not so sure just yet. I think you have to trade for your second star to be paired with Embiid. I'm sure you will have to gut most of your youth. Then cross your fingers a third star wants to join then. Unless Fultz or Simmons or Saric takes a leap this year or next to be the second star.

Lol trade for the second star when the two most likely guys on the roster haven't played yet? Come on man.

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 12:26 PM
but you quoted a post where i acknowledged this. For now it rides on Embiid but in a few years Saric, Fultz, Simmons can still become a big 3 on their own.

And I think that is when you guys strike. Unfortunately, Embiid will be up for a new deal and eat some cap space, but you have until the summer of 2019 to really worry about NEEDING to spend a lot of money on real free agents.

JOSKOMANG4
08-01-2017, 02:57 PM
1. CELTICS
2. CAVALIERS
3. WIZARDS
4. RAPTORS
5. HORNETS
6. BUCKS
7. SIXERS
8. HEAT

PLAYOFF PREDICTIONS:

ROUND 1: CELTICS > HEAT, CAVS > SIXERS, WIZARDS > BUCKS, HORNETS > RAPTORS
ROUND 2: WIZARDS > CAVS, CELTICS > HORNETS.
EC FINALS: CELTICS > WIZARDS.

BOLD PREDICTIONS:

- CAVALIERS WILL TRADE KYRIE TO NUGGETS BEFORE SEASON STARTS.

Trade: Kyrie & Shump to Denver for Jamal Murray, Will Barton, Kenneth Faried, Jameer Nelson, & 2018 1st rd pick

DEN: JOKIC/MILSAP/CHANDLER/HARRIS/KYRIE
B: HERNANGOMEZ/LYLES/SHUMP/BEASLEY/MUDAIY
O: ARTHUR, LYDON, MORRIS,

CLE: TT/LOVE/JAMES/JR/MURRAY
B: FARIED/GREEN/BARTON/KORVER/ROSE
O: TAVERAS, OSMAN, CALDERON, FELDER, JEFFERSON.

basch152
08-01-2017, 09:36 PM
Philadelphia is the biggest wildcard.

IF embiid can stay healthy for the first time in his career, and IF simmons and fultz live up to the hype they very well could push the top 5.

At the same time they could be another sub 30 win team if they have growing pains and embiid continues his injury woes.

eDush
08-01-2017, 10:05 PM
Philadelphia is the biggest wildcard.

IF embiid can stay healthy for the first time in his career, and IF simmons and fultz live up to the hype they very well could push the top 5.

At the same time they could be another sub 30 win team if they have growing pains and embiid continues his injury woes.Its about staying injury free which has been their Achilles heel. Fultz was injured in SL so he won't be 100% but if he can come off the bench for spot up play, it will help. JJ, the 23 million dollar man will spread the floor so the bigs can operate in the paint like oh lala. Trust the process :nod:

WaDe03
08-01-2017, 11:04 PM
Wade will carry the Heat to a championship this year, remember this post.

Kyben36
08-02-2017, 12:22 AM
I really don't know why people think the Cavs will be better this year. especially if they loose kyrie. I mean. are people that dense. they were tied for 3rd last season. does LeBron go from a 32 year old to a 25 year old who can carry a team to the #1 sees.

cmellofan15
08-02-2017, 12:25 AM
Wade will carry the Heat to a championship this year, remember this post.

About 11 years late on this. In case you haven't seen the news in the past two years Miami doesn't really want anything to do with Wade :shrug:

Mave1002
08-02-2017, 02:42 AM
Melo staying put as a Knick. He becomes another version of a drama queen like Dwight Howard. SMH @ Report: "Melo unwilling to accept trade to CLE"

World to Melo: THIS AINT 2007!!!

More-Than-Most
08-02-2017, 02:42 AM
If the sixers are healthy they will win 45 plus games and net the 4-5 seed.

TheDish87
08-02-2017, 08:42 AM
Its about staying injury free which has been their Achilles heel. Fultz was injured in SL so he won't be 100% but if he can come off the bench for spot up play, it will help. JJ, the 23 million dollar man will spread the floor so the bigs can operate in the paint like oh lala. Trust the process :nod:

Fultz is already back to 100% and is going to start.

TheDish87
08-02-2017, 08:43 AM
If the sixers are healthy they will win 45 plus games and net the 4-5 seed.

45 wins is not getting a 4 seed.

Hawkeye15
08-02-2017, 09:21 AM
45 wins is not getting a 4 seed.

nah, and the drop from 4-5 will be steep. I would imagine Toronto, or Washington, are close to 50 wins for that 4th spot. 5th spot is probably 42-43 wins. You probably make the playoffs out east with 38 wins this year.

eDush
08-02-2017, 09:31 AM
Its about staying injury free which has been their Achilles heel. Fultz was injured in SL so he won't be 100% but if he can come off the bench for spot up play, it will help. JJ, the 23 million dollar man will spread the floor so the bigs can operate in the paint like oh lala. Trust the process :nod:

Fultz is already back to 100% and is going to start.I would not start him immediately but coming off the bench after such an injury. Even my Steph didn't start when he returned from his 2 week injury...he need to ease back into it and his play will determine when he should start.

You never put someone back in no matter how much they may want to, trust me on this and it's not just the Dubs way, it's the right way :nod:

TheDish87
08-02-2017, 10:00 AM
I would not start him immediately but coming off the bench after such an injury. Even my Steph didn't start when he returned from his 2 week injury...he need to ease back into it and his play will determine when he should start.

You never put someone back in no matter how much they may want to, trust me on this and it's not just the Dubs way, it's the right way :nod:

such an injury? lol he sprained his ankle 5 months prior to the season dude. you have no idea what youre talking about. He is the top pick and player in the class of course he is starting.

WaDe03
08-02-2017, 11:01 PM
About 11 years late on this. In case you haven't seen the news in the past two years Miami doesn't really want anything to do with Wade :shrug:

Past 2 years? You mean one of the years where he carried them from 1 game from the ECF? They wanted him actually and every report out of Miami says so, do not comment on greatness that you don't understand.

Reported for being a Nuggets fan and not understanding greatness.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-03-2017, 01:21 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20225286/projected-records-win-totals-standings-every-nba-team-2017-18-season

ESPN projected records for each team for 2017/18 season. They got my Bucks at #4 playoffs in the weak east.

TheDish87
08-03-2017, 01:30 PM
i hate ESPN formulas. they didnt even pick an East team to win 50 games.

SteBO
08-03-2017, 05:21 PM
1) Boston
2) Cleveland
3) Washington
4) Milwaukee
5) Toronto
6) Miami
7) Charlotte
8) Philadelphia
This seems about right to me, given how early it is.

FlashBolt
08-03-2017, 08:05 PM
i hate ESPN formulas. they didnt even pick an East team to win 50 games.

Boston, Washington, and Cleveland are definitely winning 50 games.. Rest is a free-for-all.

Romeo Naes
08-03-2017, 08:32 PM
East is a joke lol. Cleveland easy.

nastynice
08-04-2017, 02:06 AM
Cavs make finals

Giannis starts emerging, path seems to super stardom. If lebron stays east, this is who he is passing the eastern conference torch off too over the next few years.

Boston can give us a fun and competitive ECF

John Wall. Sick.

*I wouldn't call this a prediction, but what I HOPE for is an injury free year for dude on the sixers, I forget his name, big dude with finesse moves. That boy so nasty, but damn, that's a big *** frame, beating those knees up

TheDish87
08-04-2017, 08:35 AM
Boston, Washington, and Cleveland are definitely winning 50 games.. Rest is a free-for-all.

agreed and i do think the Raps get there too.

5ass
08-04-2017, 09:15 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20225286/projected-records-win-totals-standings-every-nba-team-2017-18-season

ESPN projected records for each team for 2017/18 season. They got my Bucks at #4 playoffs in the weak east.

Not bad in terms of order. I think the Bulls will be the worst team in the east. Nets, second worst. Pacers next since they dont have a PG. I dont like the Pistons team, but they did upgrade from KCP to Bradley. I think they need to blow it up, but for now, they could make the play offs when competition for the 8th spot is so weak. I can see the 8th seed being a 35 win team for sure. I guess the Magic, Pistons, Sixers, and Knicks could fight for the play offs. The Pistons have experience and decent talent. Sixers have talent but little experience. The Magic have a little bit of both, but also nothing at the same time... They probably have the most depth though so they could win near 35. I think the Knicks will trade Melo and get decent role players to try to help them compete. KP needs to step up his game a little bit.

eDush
08-04-2017, 09:21 PM

ESPN projected records for each team for 2017/18 season. They got my Bucks at #4 playoffs in the weak east.I have the Bucks at 5 but they should make the playoffs easily if they can remain healthy :nod:

eDush
08-04-2017, 09:22 PM

agreed and i do think the Raps get there too.No they won't if you mean 50+
:no:

WaDe03
08-04-2017, 11:00 PM
No they won't if you mean 50+

Explain.

TheDish87
08-05-2017, 09:53 AM
Thanks I feel even more confident thay they will now

eDush
08-05-2017, 10:43 AM
No they won't if you mean 50+

Explain.Raps won't reach 50+ wins. Cavs, Wiz and C's will likely with the Bucks and Pels having an outside chance :nod:

WaDe03
08-05-2017, 10:51 AM
Raps won't reach 50+ wins. Cavs, Wiz and C's will likely with the Bucks and Pels having an outside chance :nod:

Pels aren't in the East. Injuries aside, the Raptors will without a doubt get 50. They now have a full season with Ibaka and Lowry is fully healthy again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-05-2017, 10:59 AM
Old age will be catching up with the Raptors. So really they should of just rebuilt last trade deadline. But you guys were playoffs. But Ibaka isn't gonna get any better. He was on the decline final season with Thunder. Then was declining with lottery Magic. Should of unloaded DD and Lowry last summer already and never traded for Ibaka. Couple years to late for this playoff push. Gonna be like the Hawks spinning your wheels at 4 or 5 seed. Just like when Hawks had Hordford,Millsap, Josh Smith and Teague an Korver.

eDush
08-05-2017, 11:05 AM
Raps won't reach 50+ wins. Cavs, Wiz and C's will likely with the Bucks and Pels having an outside chance :nod:

Pels aren't in the East. Injuries aside, the Raptors will without a doubt get 50. They now have a full season with Ibaka and Lowry is fully healthy again.Oh yes I forgot lol. No they will not but if you are so confident they will and not bs'ing like you generally do, then bet on it but you will likely lose lol :nod:

They won't reach 50 and neither would the Jazz nor the Grizz but then again I didn't have either of them making the playoffs unlike most everyone. Check out the predictions thread if you don't believe me. My predictions are scary.
:dance:

eDush
08-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Old age will be catching up with the Raptors. So really they should of just rebuilt last trade deadline. But you guys were playoffs. But Ibaka isn't gonna get any better. He was on the decline final season with Thunder. Then was declining with lottery Magic. Should of unloaded DD and Lowry last summer already and never traded for Ibaka. Couple years to late for this playoff push. Gonna be like the Hawks spinning your wheels at 4 or 5 seed. Just like when Hawks had Hordford,Millsap, Josh Smith and Teague an Korver.Agreed and surprise they didn't either :nod:

aman_13
08-05-2017, 11:24 AM
Old age? Lowry at 31 is the oldest player on the team. They are actually one of the youngest teams in the league lol.

But yeah they will go as Lowry goes.

If they didn't lose Patterson and Tucker, i would of had them easily top 3 in the East. They could still be there but it is hard to say as now they are relying on youth to fill those holes.

I think they will finish between 3-5. They will close in on 50 wins.

WaDe03
08-05-2017, 12:56 PM
Oh yes I forgot lol. No they will not but if you are so confident they will and not bs'ing like you generally do, then bet on it but you will likely lose lol :nod:

They won't reach 50 and neither would the Jazz nor the Grizz but then again I didn't have either of them making the playoffs unlike most everyone. Check out the predictions thread if you don't believe me. My predictions are scary.
:dance:

If the Raptors don't get 50 wins you don't have to delete your account when LeBron goes to LA, if they do get 50 wins you have to change your name to eDouche! Bet!

FlashBolt
08-05-2017, 01:25 PM
Old age? Lowry at 31 is the oldest player on the team. They are actually one of the youngest teams in the league lol.

But yeah they will go as Lowry goes.

If they didn't lose Patterson and Tucker, i would of had them easily top 3 in the East. They could still be there but it is hard to say as now they are relying on youth to fill those holes.

I think they will finish between 3-5. They will close in on 50 wins.

Never a good sign when your PG is 31 and already has issues with what I believe is weight and ankle problems. I'm not sure what his injury history is but he always seems to be injured. The good part is Lowry has an old man game and is a very good shooter but yeah, I think Raptors should have gone towards another direction. Realistically, how good are they as a team? Their playoff failures led by their top two players have been underwhelming.

aman_13
08-05-2017, 03:07 PM
Never a good sign when your PG is 31 and already has issues with what I believe is weight and ankle problems. I'm not sure what his injury history is but he always seems to be injured. The good part is Lowry has an old man game and is a very good shooter but yeah, I think Raptors should have gone towards another direction. Realistically, how good are they as a team? Their playoff failures led by their top two players have been underwhelming.

They will eventually go in that rebuild direction, it's just a couple years away. Until then, they will try to get back to the ECF and hope LeBron leaves next yr.

Lowry hasn't had weight Issues, it's the fact that he plays a reckless style and always plays high minutes. His body breaks down being a smaller pg. Last yr he led the league in minutes played before he got hurt. Unfortunately, I don't see a minutes reduction next season. They are setup to over rely on the back court.

There is no championship at the end of this run, but I'll enjoy the winning and playoff appearances. It's the hardest league to win it all, so I won't use championship as standard to success. I've greatly enjoyed the last few yrs of winning and will look forward to a couple more winning seasons.

eDush
08-05-2017, 04:40 PM
Kyrie will likely stay a Cavs :nod:

kobe4thewinbang
08-05-2017, 08:50 PM
Wade will carry the Heat to a championship this year, remember this post.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrU8KUiBQaY

...Thank you. Good luck getting through ANY realistic Finals-making crew out west!

:laugh:

Ty Fast
08-22-2017, 08:48 PM
Who you got

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 08:51 PM
Cavs.

KB24PG16
08-22-2017, 08:55 PM
should've made a poll, i think cavs though. have to at least see how the c's gel first

WaDe03
08-22-2017, 08:57 PM
Cavs. They will also get Wade and have the ability to trade for another star.

KnickNyKnick
08-22-2017, 08:58 PM
Wade and Melo to Clev.

FlashBolt
08-22-2017, 08:59 PM
LeBron
J.R.
TT
Love
Rose
Jeff Green
IT
Crowder
Zizic
RJ
Channing Frye
Calderon
Shumpert

Wade?
Melo?

Loaded.

MJNetsIsles
08-22-2017, 09:06 PM
Celtics.

AllBall
08-22-2017, 09:23 PM
Where's the poll?

eDush
08-22-2017, 09:26 PM
C's cause they traded away a player who might not even open the season due to his injury, the type of injury that cause him to play poorly in the playoffs and impacts his greatest advantage- quickness where he no longer as effective. Boston knows something is wrong which is why they offer so much in this trade instead of having to pay someone who demands the brink truck (who talks likes that?!?) as Danny Boy just dodged the pressure of the Boston fanbase who loves IT but with a healthy Kyrie, they got a better PG with control to avoid the fans pressure of paying IT that 205 mil supermax contracts that he brags about.

Will the Cavs cough up the brink truck for an injured IT?

C's :win: the East by a country mile imo.

Yanks All Day
08-22-2017, 10:08 PM
Cavs, and fairly easily.

blams
08-22-2017, 10:20 PM
Until lbj retires his team has it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tredigs
08-22-2017, 10:23 PM
If I had to bet I would say Celtics. Tatum will be a positive contributor as a rookie and I don't think IT has anywhere near his success post injury as his career year last season. I'd lean with the incumbent 1 seed holding form and actually increasing 3-5 wins. I don't think the 51 win Cavs are a 60 win team this season, so there you have it.

Jeffy25
08-22-2017, 11:01 PM
Cavs

HandsOnTheWheel
08-22-2017, 11:28 PM
Cavs.

Balltime
08-22-2017, 11:30 PM
Boston or the Cavs

JordansBulls
08-22-2017, 11:51 PM
Had the C's got Jimmy I would say them. Because they would have the guy who locks up Lebron the best.

krazylegz
08-23-2017, 01:54 AM
C's cause they traded away a player who might not even open the season due to his injury, the type of injury that cause him to play poorly in the playoffs and impacts his greatest advantage- quickness where he no longer as effective. Boston knows something is wrong which is why they offer so much in this trade instead of having to pay someone who demands the brink truck (who talks likes that?!?) as Danny Boy just dodged the pressure of the Boston fanbase who loves IT but with a healthy Kyrie, they got a better PG with control to avoid the fans pressure of paying IT that 205 mil supermax contracts that he brags about.

Will the Cavs cough up the brink truck for an injured IT?

C's :win: the East by a country mile imo.

if i was a warriors fan,id hope for the celtics over the cavs as well....but prob aint gonna happen,sorry

Dade County
08-23-2017, 02:12 AM
Cavs or Miami.

krazylegz
08-23-2017, 02:38 AM
Cavs or Miami.

agreed

ewing
08-23-2017, 07:56 AM
Cavs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
08-23-2017, 09:00 AM
regular season win total? Probably the Celtics

who represents the east in the finals? LeBron's team

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 09:36 AM
We need the Wade buyout and Melo trade/buyout asap. Let's get these teams set heading into the season.

Scoots
08-23-2017, 09:48 AM
Will IT's drive be enough to overcome LeBron's coasting? Will LeBron try hard during the season to support IT or to prove something to Kyrie?

The Celtics had significant offensive issues last year, they should be much better on offense this year.

If I had to choose it would be the Cavs.

BoSox47
08-23-2017, 10:21 AM
Had the C's got Jimmy I would say them. Because they would have the guy who locks up Lebron the best.

- Lebron averaged 20.5 points over 100 possessions against morris in 2015-2016. Lowest against any defender.

- first round matchup against detriot, Lebron averaged 22 points on 49%fg and 22% 3pt, with marcus morris guarding him majority of the time.

- this past season Lebron averages 20.7 per game against the Pistons while be guarded by morris majority of time with .308 3pt shooting.

If Jimmy Butler locks up lebron the best, morris is pretty close. No one really locks up lebron tho.

Vee-Rex
08-23-2017, 12:03 PM
If you're talking about regular season then the Celtics could win. But so far, Cavs look like they'll be in the finals again.

aman_13
08-23-2017, 04:40 PM
If you're talking about regular season then the Celtics could win. But so far, Cavs look like they'll be in the finals again.

If IT is healthy and Rose hasn't completely fallen off, I tend to agree.

Vee-Rex
08-23-2017, 05:02 PM
If IT is healthy and Rose hasn't completely fallen off, I tend to agree.

To be honest... I think the Cavs would beat Boston in the playoffs even if IT didn't play. It might be a grind and a struggle, and I do give Boston a chance in that scenario, but I'd put my money on Cleveland.

LeBron is just on another level. He completely violated Boston in the ECF. It wasn't even close - IT playing or not. He has shown the capability of beating teams even when missing Love and Irving. LeBron has shown NO SIGNS of declining. None whatsoever except his athleticism a bit. He was the best player in an entertaining finals full of talent. Like, I feel like guys are completely undervaluing what LeBron means in this matchup.

That's not accounting for the fact that Boston's defense is weaker without Crowder and especially AB (Bradley was arguably 2nd best player last year). It's also not accounting for the fact that their interior is still as soft as cotton candy. Love and TT would annihilate them in the middle. Horford hasn't played well against the Cavs in 3-straight years - TT has his number. Cleveland's 3-point shooting is superior.

Boston has improved for sure. But the Cavs didn't just have a talent advantage over them - the C's matched up horribly with them.

Dade County
08-23-2017, 08:04 PM

Now that this trade went down, I think Lbj actually aims for a good record. Maybe 70 wins now.

We need the Wade buyout and Melo trade/buyout asap. Let's get these teams set heading into the season.

I see both these players ending up in Miami.

Cavs vs HEAT in the EFC, if it goes down.

WaDe03
08-23-2017, 08:09 PM
Now that this trade went down, I think Lbj actually aims for a good record. Maybe 70 wins now.

I see both these players ending up in Miami.

Cavs vs HEAT in the EFC, if it goes down.

Why and how do you see them both in Miami?

Dade County
08-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Bucks:
I think they make a move and get someone to run with Giannis near the trade deadline.

Boston:
They trade for DeMarcus Cousins (of course they target AD first, but Pelicans wonít let him go).

Cavís:
They trade Kyrie. Lbj gets slowed down by injuries. Cavís finish top 4 in East. Cavís make it to the Finalís again.

Knicks:
They donít agree to trade Melo to Houston. They try to package off Melo & Frank for Kyrie Irving, up to Melo to waive NTC.

HEAT:
They finish top four in the East. Pat tries to pull off a trade mid December. Wade signs back with Miami after Bulls buy him out.

76ers:
They make the Playoffs!

Pistons:
This doesnít make me happy but i think Stan gets fired if they donít make the Playoffs.

Nets:
Finish just outside of 8th seed.

Magic:
Jonathan Isaac is going to be a monster!

1. Boston
2. Cavís (Lbj injury & trading away Kyrie, but they finished 2nd last season as well)
3. HEAT
4. Raps
5. Bucks
6. Wiz
7. Hornets
8. 76ers (If they stay healthy)

Since Kyrie was traded to Boston, I see Lbj taking the regular season serious; maybe 70wins.

1. Cav's (68-71wins)
2. Boston (Might start off slow do to team chemistry & identity)
3. HEAT (Might grab that 2nd spot if Boston starts off too slow)

Dade County
08-23-2017, 08:26 PM
Why and how do you see them both in Miami?

Remember what I wrote in the HEAT thread...

Wade gets bought out and comes back to his true home. HEAT do a back door deal with Knicks and send Tyler Johnson their way. Melo gets bought out and signs with Miami.

This allows Melo to get most of his money, play alongside D Wade, and next off season the banana boat can find a place to team up. I know Knicks & Houston have been talking, but Ny does not like what the Rockets can offer, so to me that deal is dead in the water.

Jamiecballer
08-23-2017, 09:15 PM
Cavs easily IMO.

aman_13
08-23-2017, 10:03 PM
To be honest... I think the Cavs would beat Boston in the playoffs even if IT didn't play. It might be a grind and a struggle, and I do give Boston a chance in that scenario, but I'd put my money on Cleveland.

LeBron is just on another level. He completely violated Boston in the ECF. It wasn't even close - IT playing or not. He has shown the capability of beating teams even when missing Love and Irving. LeBron has shown NO SIGNS of declining. None whatsoever except his athleticism a bit. He was the best player in an entertaining finals full of talent. Like, I feel like guys are completely undervaluing what LeBron means in this matchup.

That's not accounting for the fact that Boston's defense is weaker without Crowder and especially AB (Bradley was arguably 2nd best player last year). It's also not accounting for the fact that their interior is still as soft as cotton candy. Love and TT would annihilate them in the middle. Horford hasn't played well against the Cavs in 3-straight years - TT has his number. Cleveland's 3-point shooting is superior.

Boston has improved for sure. But the Cavs didn't just have a talent advantage over them - the C's matched up horribly with them.

There is a part of me that believs the Celtics are capable because of their system. They move the ball so well and you just know Stevens will have them prepared. With that said, i can't disagree with you, they are still not equipped to stop LeBron.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-24-2017, 01:47 AM

The Cavs probably win the series, but without IT, it could be a series. I know LeBron is LeBron but someone else would have to step up in that series.

And Bradley wasn't "arguably the Celtics second best player last season." And that's coming from someone who loves Bradley. Horford was the second best.

TheDish87
08-24-2017, 08:43 AM
lol the Cavs arent winning 70 games. Heat are not a top 3 team stop being a homer, you missed the playoffs and brought back the same team. The east got worse so you can contend for 6-8 now.

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 09:42 AM
lol the Cavs arent winning 70 games. Heat are not a top 3 team stop being a homer, you missed the playoffs and brought back the same team. The east got worse so you can contend for 6-8 now.

No they added Kelly Olynyk! Duh. Easily top 3 team with that addition!

Jamiecballer
08-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Still

Cleveland

Boston
Toronto
Washington

Milwaukee
Miami
Charlotte

and the rest

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 01:00 PM
Still

Cleveland

Boston
Toronto
Washington

Milwaukee
Miami
Charlotte

and the rest

Yeah, this is on the money. I'd flip WAS and TOR though.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2017, 01:12 PM

Hopefully the Bucks leap frog Raptors.

hugepatsfan
08-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Cle
bos
was
mil
mia
tor
cha
ind
phi
det
atl
nyk
orl
brk
chi

Jamiecballer
08-24-2017, 02:05 PM

well that's funny then because i wasn't trying to indicate precise order, only grouping the teams. i still think boston is in the same group with toronto and washington well short of cleveland.

aman_13
08-24-2017, 02:30 PM
well that's funny then because i wasn't trying to indicate precise order, only grouping the teams. i still think boston is in the same group with toronto and washington well short of cleveland.

Yeah I don't think the Celtics have separated themselves from Washington or Toronto.

aman_13
08-24-2017, 02:33 PM
The Bucks might not be as good people think they will be. I just don't trust them and I think the Raptors made them look better than they really are.

It took one adjustment from the Raptors to win that series.

Vee-Rex
08-24-2017, 02:42 PM
The TOR/WAS/BOS group is unclear. I prefer to keep them tiered. I do think Milwaukee is peeking in. Miami has to prove itself for more than half a season IMO.

aman_13
08-24-2017, 02:44 PM
The TOR/WAS/BOS group is unclear. I prefer to keep them tiered. I do think Milwaukee is peeking in. Miami has to prove itself for more than half a season IMO.

The Bucks have the the talent and may just breakout but there is always something with them that goes wrong. Last year they got hit with the injury bug. Hopefully they can stay healthy but I felt they played better without Parker.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-24-2017, 02:44 PM
The Bucks might not be as good people think they will be. I just don't trust them and I think the Raptors made them look better than they really are.

It took one adjustment from the Raptors to win that series.

Well Middleton was coming off of a injury and was gassed. His muscle was ton off the bone remember. He had sea legs time we made the playoffs. Parker was done for the year. Heck if Bucks had all 3 healthy and ready we would of ate your lunch money. Ibaka is old and declining fast. Your backcourt plays extremely awesome in regular season then crash come playoffs.

Like they always say "the Clippers of the east". Also a shocking offseason where Bucks made no big trades. We always trade and take forever to gel. Personally in my opinion Raptors should of did a proper rebuild like 2 years ago already.

Also remember Middleton was out half of the season then when he came back and we played the Heat midseason Parker got hurt same game and done for the season. Parker is a "what if" when he comes back. But I hear he lost a ton of weight which should help him. Also Giannis should be rocking this year. Just hope he's okay. He got dinged up in the Greek games.

aman_13
08-24-2017, 02:49 PM
Well Middleton was coming off of a injury and was gassed. His muscle was ton off the bone remember. He had sea legs time we made the playoffs. Parker was done for the year. Heck if Bucks had all 3 healthy and ready we would of ate your lunch money. Ibaka is old and declining fast. Your backcourt plays extremely awesome in regular season then crash come playoffs.

Like they always say "the Clippers of the east". Also a shocking offseason where Bucks made no big trades. We always trade and take forever to gel. Personally in my opinion Raptors should of did a proper rebuild like 2 years ago already.

Also remember Middleton was out half of the season then when he came back and we played the Heat midseason Parker got hurt same game and done for the season. Parker is a "what if" when he comes back. But I hear he lost a ton of weight which should help him. Also Giannis should be rocking this year. Just hope he's okay. He got dinged up in the Greek games.

The Raptors are one of the youngest teams in the NBA. I don't see why they should of rebuilt two yrs ago. Certainly the success has been worth it. ECF and second round loss to the Cavs which no team has a chance against anyway.

As for the Bucks, the talent is there. Let's see if they finally breakout.

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Cle
bos
was
mil
mia
tor
cha
ind
phi
det
atl
nyk
orl
brk
chi

You really think IND and ATL will be that high?

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 03:15 PM
Cleveland

Boston
Washington
Milwaukee

Toronto
Miami
Charlotte
Detroit

There's your top 8

Philadelphia
New York
Indiana
Brooklyn
Orlando
Atlanta
Chicago

hugepatsfan
08-24-2017, 03:23 PM
You really think IND and ATL will be that high?

I think CHI is absolute garbage so I have them lowest tier.

BRK/ORL/NTK/ATL I wouldn't argue any order really. I think ATL's coach is awesome so I gave them a boost over NYK (because their franchise is a mess), ORL (they have a roster full of conflicting players IMO) and BRK (just a bad team IMO).

IND I feel very strongly is better than people say. Turner is a very good player and could be great. Oladipo is a good player. Collinson is good. Thaddeus Young is good. Bogdnovic is solid. Glen Robinson too. I like Sabonis. I think they're locked into that dreaded middle ground or "treadmill" area but I feel strongly they won't be bottom of the barrel. All things considered I'm not sure there's any team in the NBA further from competing for a title then them because of that.

Bostonjorge
08-24-2017, 03:27 PM
I predict Boston vs Cleveland game 7 in the eastern conference finals.

BoSox47
08-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Cleveland

Boston
Washington
Milwaukee

Toronto
Miami
Charlotte
Detroit

There's your top 8

Philadelphia
New York
Indiana
Brooklyn
Orlando
Atlanta
Chicago

pretty much where I am at, except I might switch philly with either detroit or charlotte, completely dependant on Phillys health tho.

TheDish87
08-24-2017, 03:53 PM
Cleveland

Boston
Washington
Milwaukee

Toronto
Miami
Charlotte
Detroit

There's your top 8

Philadelphia
New York
Indiana
Brooklyn
Orlando
Atlanta
Chicago

you think the Pistons make the playoffs? i think they will be pretty bad, Stan doesnt even want Jackson and Drummound. Long as the Sixers are mostly healthy we should be fighting for 7-8. Hornets are intriguing, they could be pretty good or Howard could drag them down.

Green_Monster
08-24-2017, 04:05 PM
Since Kyrie was traded to Boston, I see Lbj taking the regular season serious; maybe 70wins.

1. Cav's (68-71wins)

When did the Heat* become a good team?

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 04:37 PM
you think the Pistons make the playoffs? i think they will be pretty bad, Stan doesnt even want Jackson and Drummound. Long as the Sixers are mostly healthy we should be fighting for 7-8. Hornets are intriguing, they could be pretty good or Howard could drag them down.

I had Philly in and Det out but changed it last minute. I don't trust Philly's health and they're so young and inexperienced that I don't think they'll make it just yet. I think Detroit is just good enough in the East. They nearly made the playoffs last year and I like the addition of Bradley over KCP.

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 04:37 PM
When did the Heat* become a good team?

Kelly Olynyk dude! He's a game changer!

hugepatsfan
08-24-2017, 04:42 PM
Heat will be good. Spo is a terrific coach. They're hot streak to end last year was misleading but so was the trash stretch that they started the year with. They have another year of continuity and some small improvements with Bam/Olynyk so I expect them to be closer to the second half pace than the first.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2017, 04:48 PM
Heat win 43 games, 5-6th seed.

Oakmont_4
08-24-2017, 04:51 PM

This

AllBall
08-24-2017, 05:09 PM
I'm gonna love bumping this thread in May. :)

Green_Monster
08-24-2017, 05:35 PM
Heat will be good. Spo is a terrific coach. They're hot streak to end last year was misleading but so was the trash stretch that they started the year with. They have another year of continuity and some small improvements with Bam/Olynyk so I expect them to be closer to the second half pace than the first.

What are we considering good? They could be barely above .500 and get the 5/6 seed. That's where I see them.

j-bay
08-24-2017, 05:39 PM

1. Cav's (68-71wins)

Thats cute. Now tell me how the Heat are better than the Wizards.

FlashBolt
08-24-2017, 05:49 PM

Heat were one of the best teams in the LEAGUE if you discount their terrible head start. Once Dion Waiters went down, they started relying more on some other players that just lost them games. I don't believe Heat are better than the Wizards but they're a really good team. They match up very well against everyone.

Dade County
08-24-2017, 07:26 PM
lol the Cavs arent winning 70 games.

I think LBJ could do it, he has the motivation too and is most likely his last season as a Cav.

Heat are not a top 3 team stop being a homer, you missed the playoffs and brought back the same team. The east got worse so you can contend for 6-8 now.

Miami was only separated by one game to two games to Jump Up 3 spots last season.

Expectations for them to be only a six seed is seriously underrating them. Just shows that you are not factoring in anything they had to deal with last season. Also having that -20mil puls contract on the cap.

But that's why they play the season so we will find out. & yes, i am a homer lol

But lets see.

Well I do believe they swept them last season, but I don't want to factor that in too much.

I believe Spo just has a better offensive system, the team knows its identity, our roster is more filled out now. Are younger players getting better...etc

Also i believe we will have a better all around defense too. I am really interested in seeing Bam with the 2nd unit.

j-bay
08-24-2017, 08:06 PM
I think LBJ could do it, he has the motivation too and is most likely his last season as a Cav.

Miami was only separated by one game to two games to Jump Up 3 spots last season.

Expectations for them to be only a six seed is seriously underrating them. Just shows that you are not factoring in anything they had to deal with last season. Also having that -20mil puls contract on the cap.

But that's why they play the season so we will find out. & yes, i am a homer lol

But lets see.

Well I do believe they swept them last season, but I don't want to factor that in too much.

I believe Spo just has a better offensive system, the team knows its identity, our roster is more filled out now. Are younger players getting better...etc

Also i believe we will have a better all around defense too. I am really interested in seeing Bam with the 2nd unit.

Thats nice. The problem is Washingtons starting lineup is going to be difference. Gortat is still a good player player, Morris solid, OPJR is turning into an all star type player while Wall and Beal are going to be all stars this year. This a good all around starting line up. They play good offense, and they play great defense. The problem is the bench is weak. Although that problem is for the playoffs. I like the Heat. They got some talented young guys. But they don't have the starpower to beat DC in the division. If the acquired someone like GH in FA, i would give them a good chance.

aman_13
08-24-2017, 08:18 PM

Yeah that's a good prediction.

Dade County
08-24-2017, 10:04 PM
Thats nice. The problem is Washingtons starting lineup is going to be difference. Gortat is still a good player player, Morris solid, OPJR is turning into an all star type player while Wall and Beal are going to be all stars this year. This a good all around starting line up. They play good offense, and they play great defense. The problem is the bench is weak. Although that problem is for the playoffs. I like the Heat. They got some talented young guys. But they don't have the starpower to beat DC in the division. If the acquired someone like GH in FA, i would give them a good chance.

No he is NOT. He got his money though lol

Wall & Beal are good, but I do think Beal gets too much hype. Their offense isn't good enough I feel & I will wait & see about their defense.

5ass
08-24-2017, 10:21 PM
Celtics 60
Cavs 56
Raptors 54
Wizards 51
Bucks 50
Heat 42
Hornets 37
Pistons 35
Sixers 34
Knicks 33
Magic 32
Pacers 30
Hawks 28
Nets 24
Bulls 17

LA4life24/8
08-25-2017, 12:00 AM
Celts cavs #1&2 again doesnt matter the order cleveland still goin to the finals next year

nastynice
08-25-2017, 12:45 AM
Celts cavs #1&2 again doesnt matter the order cleveland still goin to the finals next year

this

j-bay
08-25-2017, 12:55 AM
No he is NOT. He got his money though lol

Wall & Beal are good, but I do think Beal gets too much hype. Their offense isn't good enough I feel & I will wait & see about their defense.

I said All Star type. He might get in one day, but he will still be a good to great starter. If Beal gets to much hype then so does Waiters. Injurys hurt Beal not talent. Beal finally was able to fully show what he could do. As for the Wizards defense and offense, the Wizards defense is one of the most disciplined defenses in the league. As for the offense their starting 5 was putting up numbers like this
Gortat 10-20 PPG
Morris 10-20 PPG
Porter 15-30 PPG
Beal 20-40 PPG
Wall 20-40 PPG

Each night the that starting 5 worked their *** off. Wouldn't be surprised to see numbers like that again. I'm sorry. I know you are used to teams like 06 and 11-13, but that isn't even close to those teams. Their are questions on for that Heat team on whether Lightning strikes twice.

TheDish87
08-25-2017, 08:57 AM
Heat were one of the best teams in the LEAGUE if you discount their terrible head start. Once Dion Waiters went down, they started relying more on some other players that just lost them games. I don't believe Heat are better than the Wizards but they're a really good team. They match up very well against everyone.

you cant ignore their start lol. it was the same team and same coach. its easier to win in the 2nd half after teams start tanking.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 09:06 AM
you cant ignore their start lol. it was the same team and same coach. its easier to win in the 2nd half after teams start tanking.

They're probably somewhere in the middle of their terrible start, and their hot finish...So I think they may be slightly better than their record last year but they're certainly not a top 3 team in the East.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 09:22 AM
They're probably somewhere in the middle of their terrible start, and their hot finish...So I think they may be slightly better than their record last year but they're certainly not a top 3 team in the East.

Their end record is indicative of what they are: a 10-7 seed team. They just saw the lowest of lows to start the season and the highest of highs to finish it.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 09:41 AM
Celtics 60
Cavs 56
Raptors 54
Wizards 51
Bucks 50
Heat 42
Hornets 37
Pistons 35
Sixers 34
Knicks 33
Magic 32
Pacers 30
Hawks 28
Nets 24
Bulls 17

you can't seriously believe 5 teams will win 50 games out east, can you?

They will be lucky to have 2 teams win 50 games. They will also likely put 2 sub .500 teams into the playoffs. That part we agree on.

My guess, as of this moment:

Boston-52
Cleveland-50
Washington-46
Toronto-45
Milwaukee/Miami-43
Charlotte-37
Philly-35
Indiana-34
Detroit-33
Magic-28
Knicks/Hawks-26
Nets-24
Bulls-18

warfelg
08-25-2017, 09:53 AM

They will be lucky to have 2 teams win 50 games. They will also likely put 2 sub .500 teams into the playoffs. That part we agree on.

Boston-52
Cleveland-50
Washington-46
Toronto-45
Milwaukee/Miami-43
Charlotte-37
Philly-35
Indiana-34
Detroit-33
Magic-28
Knicks/Hawks-26
Nets-24
Bulls-18

I think that's a very pessimistic look.

Cleveland 58
Boston 51
Washington 50
Milwaukee 48
Toronto 46
Philly 43
Charlotte 41
Miami 38
Detroit 32
Magic 30
Indiana 30
Knicks 28
Hawks 27
Bulls 22
Nets 17

I think that bottom (everyone with 30 or less wins) is going to be a real mess. Those teams are all going to try to lose to each other and given there's 2 in each division they are going to struggle to sink that much.

TheDish87
08-25-2017, 10:07 AM

Boston-52
Cleveland-50
Washington-46
Toronto-45
Milwaukee/Miami-43
Charlotte-37
Philly-35
Indiana-34
Detroit-33
Magic-28
Knicks/Hawks-26
Nets-24
Bulls-18

fully expect at least 3 teams to win 50 and possibly 4. but its not out of the realm of possibility for 5 to do it even tough its not likely. But you are crazier for thinking 52 wins will win the east.

Hawkeye15
08-25-2017, 10:11 AM

Cleveland 58
Boston 51
Washington 50
Milwaukee 48
Toronto 46
Philly 43
Charlotte 41
Miami 38
Detroit 32
Magic 30
Indiana 30
Knicks 28
Hawks 27
Bulls 22
Nets 17

I think that bottom (everyone with 30 or less wins) is going to be a real mess. Those teams are all going to try to lose to each other and given there's 2 in each division they are going to struggle to sink that much.

I just don't think the east will have very many good teams, forget about the top.

It will be a very down year out east. There will be a hot mess going on from spots 10-15, all win less than 32 games imo.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 10:13 AM

Cleveland 58
Boston 51
Washington 50
Milwaukee 48
Toronto 46
Philly 43
Charlotte 41
Miami 38
Detroit 32
Magic 30
Indiana 30
Knicks 28
Hawks 27
Bulls 22
Nets 17

I highly doubt BRK tries to lose. They would have no benefit to do so.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:19 AM
I highly doubt BRK tries to lose. They would have no benefit to do so.

I don't think they will either, but I'm not that optimistic they can do much. Who on that team is a scorer. DLo can, but he hasn't shown to be able to do it at a high enough level to win games alone.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 10:22 AM
I don't think they will either, but I'm not that optimistic they can do much. Who on that team is a scorer. DLo can, but he hasn't shown to be able to do it at a high enough level to win games alone.

I think they'll be a lot like the Celtics in 2014. No true "go to" scorer but they have enough "average-good" guys that collectively they can score enough to win games against bad teams. If they can be middle of the road or better on D and collectively have 5-6 guys who can score around 10-15 a night they should win 30 games with that and extra effort over the teams that are just not good (CHI, NYK, ORL, etc)

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 10:28 AM
None of these guys are great on the Nets, but I do like their game and they're decent NBA players. Borderline starters/good role players.

Lin
Russell
Kilpatrick
Booker
Carroll
Crabbe
RHJ

I really like LaVert, wanted the C's to draft him last year. He has high upside. Played pretty well his rookie year. Allen was a nice rookie draft pick. If Mozgov can give them anything... you have 7-10 players here that should get a ton of run. None will be great, but if 6 can be good, they should win 30 games with hustle and D.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 10:48 AM
Nets ain't winning 30 IMO but they aren't dropping to 17 either barring injuries. I can't see them getting 3 games worse.

I can't imagine CHI not being worst in the NBA. Trash players and a trash coach. That team is sooooooooooooo bad.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 10:49 AM
I think they'll be a lot like the Celtics in 2014. No true "go to" scorer but they have enough "average-good" guys that collectively they can score enough to win games against bad teams. If they can be middle of the road or better on D and collectively have 5-6 guys who can score around 10-15 a night they should win 30 games with that and extra effort over the teams that are just not good (CHI, NYK, ORL, etc)

Nets will be more like the 2013-14 Celtics IMO. 25 wins.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 10:59 AM
Nets ain't winning 30 IMO but they aren't dropping to 17 either barring injuries. I can't see them getting 3 games worse.

I can't imagine CHI not being worst in the NBA. Trash players and a trash coach. That team is sooooooooooooo bad.

I can see them trading guys out at the deadline for rebuilding parts and not doing so well the second half. Mostly thinking RHJ, Carroll, Lin.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 11:09 AM
Nets will be more like the 2013-14 Celtics IMO. 25 wins.

That's the team I was referring too. I think the east is weaker than it was back then so I see them winning a few more games.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 11:18 AM
I can see them trading guys out at the deadline for rebuilding parts and not doing so well the second half. Mostly thinking RHJ, Carroll, Lin.

I think they'll do the opposite. Similar to the C's when they acquired IT. They'll try to bring in a name and keep moving forward. Maybe someone like Bledsoe, something like that. Again, taking a step back to acquire younger pieces and lose more games just doesn't make sense for them. Unless they're getting a decent draft pick back.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 11:24 AM
The Celtics weren't bringing in a name when they traded for IT....they were taking a salary dump. He was offered to the Sixers first along with the Lakers Pick but we turned it down.

They'll do some more taking small salary dumps for picks. Trade out RHJ, Carroll (possibly), and Lin for picks to keep building it up with trying to get a star.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 11:28 AM

Even in a scenario like this I have a hard time seeing them go down to 17 wins. If they make deadline deals that's still like what, 2/3 of the season with those decent players?

I feel like on paper CHI is just the absolute worst team. I don't think it's even close. I think BRK is in the mix for the next spot after that.

ORL is a team I could see doing a tanking deadline like you described too, just now that you mention it. They got some players there IMO. Guys like Vucevic, Fournier, Ross, maybe even Biyombo could net them some assets if they firesale.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 11:33 AM
Even in a scenario like this I have a hard time seeing them go down to 17 wins. If they make deadline deals that's still like what, 2/3 of the season with those decent players?

I feel like on paper CHI is just the absolute worst team. I don't think it's even close. I think BRK is in the mix for the next spot after that.

ORL is a team I could see doing a tanking deadline like you described too, just now that you mention it. They got some players there IMO. Guys like Vucevic, Fournier, Ross, maybe even Biyombo could net them some assets if they firesale.

I can see Orlando doing that.

I know Chicago is looking like the absolute worst team....but I think they end up being bad but not terrible. I think Dunn surprises and LaVine has a huge bounce back year and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 11:43 AM
The Celtics weren't bringing in a name when they traded for IT....they were taking a salary dump. He was offered to the Sixers first along with the Lakers Pick but we turned it down.

They'll do some more taking small salary dumps for picks. Trade out RHJ, Carroll (possibly), and Lin for picks to keep building it up with trying to get a star.

Danny specifically targeted IT. That was no salary dump from BOS perspective. Ainge was pursuing IT before he signed with PHO.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 11:44 AM
I can see Orlando doing that.

I know Chicago is looking like the absolute worst team....but I think they end up being bad but not terrible. I think Dunn surprises and LaVine has a huge bounce back year and wins Comeback Player of the Year.

Is Lavine even gonna play the whole year?

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 11:46 AM
IT was a salary dump on the Suns' end. They had a bad mix they just wanted to move on from. But IT was a guy they were trading for a 1st, not attaching picks to "dump" him.

Ainge actually called IT at midnight that FA period but we had Smart/Rondo still so it didn't really work out. They definitely targeted him as a guy they wanted. It's not like they got an asset to take him on... they gave up a 1st for him.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 11:50 AM
IT was a salary dump on the Suns' end. They had a bad mix they just wanted to move on from. But IT was a guy they were trading for a 1st, not attaching picks to "dump" him.

Ainge actually called IT at midnight that FA period but we had Smart/Rondo still so it didn't really work out. They definitely targeted him as a guy they wanted. It's not like they got an asset to take him on... they gave up a 1st for him.

Very well may have been from a PHO perspective. But my comment is more towards the statement "The Celtics weren't bringing in a name when they traded for IT"...To Danny, he was a name, he was a guy they wanted, and they knew what they were getting back. It wasn't a typical salary dump where you take on a guy to get an asset. IT was the asset. An asset they were very high on and they wanted to build around.

To me a salary dump is moving a big salary or a salary you don't want to a team that's willing to take it + an asset.

This was just a trade. BOS wanted IT. PHO no longer wanted IT. It worked on both ends. PHO may have tried to salary dump IT, not denying that. I don't know enough about it. But the end result was a typical NBA trade where BOS wanted a player and they traded an asset and an expiring to get him.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 11:55 AM
Eastern Conference Final Standings Prediction:
1. Raptors
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. 76ers
8. Bobcats

Strictly based on estimated regular season win total...not really a power ranking.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 12:04 PM
Eastern Conference Final Standings Prediction:
1. Raptors
2. Cavs
3. Celtics
4. Bucks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. 76ers
8. Bobcats

Strictly based on estimated regular season win total...not really a power ranking.

Yup you lost me at TOR over CLE and BOS.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:06 PM
Yup you lost me at TOR over CLE and BOS.

Doesn't mean I think they're better....Cavs will rest half the games because they don't care about home court. And I don't think Boston is that good. Wouldn't suprise me to see Boston even lower.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 12:17 PM
Very well may have been from a PHO perspective. But my comment is more towards the statement "The Celtics weren't bringing in a name when they traded for IT"...To Danny, he was a name, he was a guy they wanted, and they knew what they were getting back. It wasn't a typical salary dump where you take on a guy to get an asset. IT was the asset. An asset they were very high on and they wanted to build around.

To me a salary dump is moving a big salary or a salary you don't want to a team that's willing to take it + an asset.

This was just a trade. BOS wanted IT. PHO no longer wanted IT. It worked on both ends. PHO may have tried to salary dump IT, not denying that. I don't know enough about it. But the end result was a typical NBA trade where BOS wanted a player and they traded an asset and an expiring to get him.

I was referring to the fact that it's not like they were bringing in a well known player. They were bringing in a guy who was a backup at the time, and it's because they traded out Rondo that there was the opening for IT.

If you say you knew IT was becoming this when you traded for him I want the Powerball numbers from you the next time it hits $500mil.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 12:19 PM
Is Lavine even gonna play the whole year?

Might not but by all accounts he's ahead of schedule:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721335-zach-lavine-says-hes-ahead-of-schedule-on-recovery-from-knee-surgery

I think he starts playing Nov/Dec in limited minutes, Jan no back to backs, no restrictions come Feb.

Heediot
08-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Cavs
Celtics
Raptors
Bucks
Wizard
Sixers
Heat
Hornets

Knicks
Pacers
Nets
Hawks
Magic
Bulls

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:25 PM
Cavs
Celtics
Raptors
Bucks
Wizard
Sixers
Heat
Hornets

Knicks
Pacers
Nets
Hawks
Magic
Bulls

Are your bottom teams in order? I'd assume Magic/Nets/Pacers are the clear bottom feeders.

Heediot
08-25-2017, 12:27 PM
Are your bottom teams in order? I'd assume Magic/Nets/Pacers are the clear bottom feeders.

Bulls roster looks trash. BK improved a little bit, Hawks may be better due to chemistry and coaching. But yeah this what I think. Pacers could suck *** too, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Magic could surprise or could be the worse.

hugepatsfan
08-25-2017, 12:29 PM
I was referring to the fact that it's not like they were bringing in a well known player. They were bringing in a guy who was a backup at the time, and it's because they traded out Rondo that there was the opening for IT.

If you say you knew IT was becoming this when you traded for him I want the Powerball numbers from you the next time it hits $500mil.

IT had averaged 20-6 on 45% shooting his last year in SAC before signing with Phoenix. He obviously improved since then but I think they legitimately targeted him. Like I said, they had called him at mid night that year. That very season they had traded away Rondo and Jeff Green so they were still in sellers' mode before that trade so to go from that to giving up a 1st for a player in that situation says something. IT has talked about how right when they got him Stevens and Ainge told them they were going to adjust the team to him, not the other way around.

He clearly grew beyond their expectations but all signs pointed to them really seeing something there. I know you hate Ainge but you can't just say he fell *** backwards into that one. He deserves real credit on IT for identifying an underappreciated player targeting him and being 100% right.

He does deserve criticism for not offering IT the MLE he signed with Phoenix for though. He could have made it work with Rondo/IT/Smart until he Rondo trade.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:34 PM
Bulls roster looks trash. BK improved a little bit, Hawks may be better due to chemistry and coaching. But yeah this what I think. Pacers could suck *** too, I wouldn't be surprised at all. Magic could surprise or could be the worse.

I still think the Nets have by far the worst roster in the NBA. Bulls without Wade or Lavine would be awful too. Honestly outside of the top 5 teams the East is trash. I think Philly still sucks this year, but they'll make the playoffs because everyone else is worse haha.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 12:35 PM
It wouldn't suprise me at all to see 5 teams in the east get 50 wins.

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 12:36 PM

Did I see him averaging 28ppg? No. But he was scoring 20 regularly in SAC so I expected the output he had his first full season here. That was not surprising at all. It was expected and that's why they traded for him. They wanted him to be our go to scorer and fulfilled that.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 12:37 PM
He clearly grew beyond their expectations

This is all I was saying. He grew beyond expectations. At the time IT wasn't a 'name player' that Bledsoe is now if you go back to the first post that started this.

And yea he gets credit for identifying someone that could do more, but there's also luck that it worked out. There's an element of luck in everything that works out. There was luck that Phoenix wanted to move him, luck that you guys traded Rondo to give him the chance, heck luck that he even ended up being just as efficient with an increased workload.

That luck doesn't take away from Ainge's job in getting IT, but if you're saying everyone knew this would happen with IT you're kidding yourself.

That's all.

When IT was traded to you guys it was a move that most saw as just getting a bench part not an all-star player.

warfelg
08-25-2017, 12:46 PM
It wouldn't suprise me at all to see 5 teams in the east get 50 wins.

If the more stacked west of last year only had 4 how the heck will the east have 5?

Oakmont_4
08-25-2017, 12:50 PM
If the more stacked west of last year only had 4 how the heck will the east have 5?

Because BOS, CLE, WAS, TOR, MIL are that much better than everyone else in the East. Out West you really only have 1 maybe 2 really bad teams talent wise. In the East, you have 4-5.

I doubt the East has 5, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. I could see the above mentioned teams hitting those totals.

twellner9
08-25-2017, 01:40 PM
Because BOS, CLE, WAS, TOR, MIL are that much better than everyone else in the East. Out West you really only have 1 maybe 2 really bad teams talent wise. In the East, you have 4-5.

I doubt the East has 5, but it wouldn't surprise me if it happened. I could see the above mentioned teams hitting those totals.

Exactly. Win totals are a combination of team talent and the lack of talen on the opposition. Could see 5 teams hit 50 wins and 5 teams fail to reach 25.

5ass
08-25-2017, 05:24 PM

Boston-52
Cleveland-50
Washington-46
Toronto-45
Milwaukee/Miami-43
Charlotte-37
Philly-35
Indiana-34
Detroit-33
Magic-28
Knicks/Hawks-26
Nets-24
Bulls-18

Considering 4 eastern conference teams won 49+ last season, yes. I dont think its as far-fetched as you're making it out to be. I guess Bucks could win 48 or so.

aman_13
08-25-2017, 05:58 PM
I think it's possible to see 4 or 5 near 50 or 50 plus teams. The East is horrible after the top 5-6.

Heediot
08-25-2017, 06:17 PM
I think it's possible to see 4 or 5 near 50 or 50 plus teams. The East is horrible after the top 5-6.

nothing new, they've been horrible for a while now lol

Dade County
08-25-2017, 06:36 PM

Naw...

Miami did great against the Wiz. Cav's didn't show up against the HEAT so we had success.

Bucks won one or two more game then us I think, even though we had to deal with Bosh contract being on are cap, injuries to key pieces & started off 11-30.

Boston lost a lot of their proven depth. So we should give them around 20 games before we assume they are a top 3 team in the East (even though we all kind of know they are).

Raps or the Raps. I don't know if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

Miami will prove they are an elite team in the East, pretty quickly. But their is only one true contender on East & thats whatever team Lbj is on.

SfgiantsJD3
08-25-2017, 07:05 PM

5 in the west

# Team W L
1 Golden State Warriors 67 15
2 San Antonio Spurs 61 21
3 Houston Rockets 55 27
5 Los Angeles Clippers 51 31
6 Utah Jazz 51 31

j-bay
08-25-2017, 07:45 PM
Naw...

Miami did great against the Wiz. Cav's didn't show up against the HEAT so we had success.

Bucks was on able to win one more game then us I think, even though we had to deal with Bosh contract being on are cap, injuries to key pieces & started off 11-30.

Boston lost a lot of their proven depth. So we should gig ether 20 games before we assume they are a top 3 team in the East (even though we all kind of know they are).

Miami will prove they are an elite team in the East, pretty quickly. But their is only one true contender on East & thats whatever team Lbj is on.

A teams record against another doesn't mean **** unless its the playoffs. Its who does better in 82 games.

5ass
08-25-2017, 09:28 PM
nothing new, they've been horrible for a while now lol

i wouldnt call 0.500 teams horrible. Theyre worse this year. Bottom two play off teams could be sub-40 win teams.

Jeffy25
08-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Naw...

Bucks was on able to win one more game then us I think, even though we had to deal with Bosh contract being on are cap, injuries to key pieces & started off 11-30.

Boston lost a lot of their proven depth. So we should gig ether 20 games before we assume they are a top 3 team in the East (even though we all kind of know they are).

You mean like how the Wiz didn't care about the last two games (Wall, Morris and Beal didn't even play in the last one) at all and LeBron and Kyrie missed one of the Heat games?

Some context is required.

Dade County
08-26-2017, 12:48 AM
You mean like how the Wiz didn't care about the last two games (Wall, Morris and Beal didn't even play in the last one) at all and LeBron and Kyrie missed one of the Heat games?

Some context is required.

Here you go, you might have missed this...
Cav's didn't show up against the HEAT so we had success.

I don't remember the last game against the Wiz, but Miami did good against them over all. Also Miami dealt with this...
even though we had to deal with Bosh contract being on are cap, injuries to key pieces & started off 11-30.

So every team has it's out the ordinary losses. in a long 82 games season.

A teams record against another doesn't mean **** unless its the playoffs. Its who does better in 82 games.

Um.... ok :shrug:

FlashBolt
08-26-2017, 07:57 AM

Because those 50 wins are primarily going to be vs the weaker pool of EC teams. I'd say on average, about 5-7 wins are inflated just by playing in the East.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Naw...

Bucks won one or two more game then us I think, even though we had to deal with Bosh contract being on are cap, injuries to key pieces & started off 11-30.

Boston lost a lot of their proven depth. So we should give them around 20 games before we assume they are a top 3 team in the East (even though we all kind of know they are).

Don't forget Middleton missed the first half of the season. Once he return Parker got hurt that same game then out remainder of the season. You should remember that game it was versus the Heat. Also I believe Giannis was out with the flu that game. I think we lost by like 20 or 30 points.

Oakmont_4
08-26-2017, 08:35 AM
5 in the west

# Team W L
1 Golden State Warriors 67 15
2 San Antonio Spurs 61 21
3 Houston Rockets 55 27
5 Los Angeles Clippers 51 31
6 Utah Jazz 51 31

Jazz aren't winning 50 games

Oakmont_4
08-26-2017, 08:36 AM
Because those 50 wins are primarily going to be vs the weaker pool of EC teams. I'd say on average, about 5-7 wins are inflated just by playing in the East.

Exactly. 50 wins in the east really doesn't mean much. By stating 4-5 teams will have 50 wins doesn't equate to those teams actually be that good, it just means the East is awful this year (worse than normal which is sad)

TheDish87
08-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Jazz aren't winning 50 games

nobody said they would. this was in reference to last years 50 win teams in the west

5ass
08-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Why are so many here predicting the Pistons to regress? Jackson should be healthier and I think Bradley is an upgrade over KCP. They won 37 last season... Im starting to think the east isnt as trash as many (maybe including myself) are making it out to be.

Scoots
08-26-2017, 07:45 PM
Why are so many here predicting the Pistons to regress? Jackson should be healthier and I think Bradley is an upgrade over KCP. They won 37 last season... Im starting to think the east isnt as trash as many (maybe including myself) are making it out to be.

No, it's going to suck compared to the West ... but there will still be games and teams worth watching.

That said, I have no faith in any Pistons players anymore.

warfelg
08-26-2017, 07:51 PM
No, it's going to suck compared to the West ... but there will still be games and teams worth watching.

It's more the coach and the FO.

And what's up with Stash Stan having two potentially great centers and ruining both of them?

Dade County
08-26-2017, 09:06 PM
Don't forget Middleton missed the first half of the season. Once he return Parker got hurt that same game then out remainder of the season. You should remember that game it was versus the Heat. Also I believe Giannis was out with the flu that game. I think we lost by like 20 or 30 points.

I know...

Both are teams had to deal with major adversity.

If Miami could have had Bosh and Winslow all year. Not start 11-30 & deal with all the other little stuff. It's safe to see Miami might have finished 2-4 last season.

Boston was 12 games better then Miami i think, finishing in first place.

Bucks might have been 8-10 games better as well.

5ass
08-26-2017, 09:51 PM

Well im not comparing it to the west. Im comparing it to last season.

im not a fan of the pistons either, but the fact is they won 37 games last year with Jackson suffering injuries. From what i can see, they got better. Jackson should be healthy and Bradley is an upgrade over KCP. Theyre probably going to be a 7-8 seed. I'm thinking 37-41 wins is reasonable. Im seeing people project low 30s, and i dont see why.

Im not saying the east is going to be great next year. The east as a whole got worse, I get it. Some decent teams last year are going to suck this year (ATL, CHI, IND). Everyone else except for the Cavs got better IMO. Im looking at the Pistons and Hornets rosters (theyre my projected 7th and 8th seed), and i see enough talent for these teams to win 40 games.

EDIT: and the Pistons actually play the Hawks, Pacers and Bulls 12 times next season.

5ass
08-26-2017, 09:56 PM

And what's up with Stash Stan having two potentially great centers and ruining both of them?

They ruined themselves. Both played at their best under SVG.

Scoots
08-26-2017, 11:38 PM
They ruined themselves. Both played at their best under SVG.

And Tobias and Stanley haven't looked good either. I love the potential those players HAD ... not so much what they have based on recent performances.

5ass
08-27-2017, 01:06 AM
And Tobias and Stanley haven't looked good either. I love the potential those players HAD ... not so much what they have based on recent performances.

Tobias lead the team in PPG last season. He shouldnt be the best scorer on your team if you want to achieve anything more than a 0.500 record. He's more or less the player most people expected him to be. Stanley has been disappointing. Maybe he just isnt good. SVG the GM gets the blame in that case. I agree SVG hasnt been a good GM.

Scoots
08-27-2017, 01:20 AM
Tobias lead the team in PPG last season. He shouldnt be the best scorer on your team if you want to achieve anything more than a 0.500 record. He's more or less the player most people expected him to be. Stanley has been disappointing. Maybe he just isnt good. SVG the GM gets the blame in that case. I agree SVG hasnt been a good GM.

Harris should be the 7th man on a team. Instant offense. But you are right ... if he's leading your team in anything you are probably in trouble.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-27-2017, 02:24 PM

Are you talking about Dwight? Because Dwight had his best years under Van Gundy and was a top 5 player in the league for few years with him. Not to mention he found a way to get a team with a bunch of non-stars to get to the Finals.

FlashBolt
08-27-2017, 03:20 PM
Are you talking about Dwight? Because Dwight had his best years under Van Gundy and was a top 5 player in the league for few years with him. Not to mention he found a way to get a team with a bunch of non-stars to get to the Finals.
Dwight at his peak was unstoppable. Dude was way too athletic for his own good and that has slowed down any developmental value he should have focused more on. When his back turned to pretzels, he couldn't replicate what he was known for - lobs, putbacks, explosive power dunks, and even the small short baby hook that he used to do pretty well in. I mean, his rebounding numbers are still there but they are by virtue of how the game has changed today rather than him being a dominant rebounder. What's also changed is his lack of intensity on the defensive end. He used to contest most shots. Now, he'd rather let you shoot it and just stand pat.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-28-2017, 01:56 PM
http://amicohoops.net/nba-rumors-nba-power-rankings-cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-milwaukee-bucks/

Meh its Amico. But i'll take his word this time. Bucks #2 in east. ahhaahah

TheDish87
08-28-2017, 03:59 PM
6. Miami Heat: Looked good after the All-Star break. Is this the year Dion Waiters becomes an All-Star?

no words

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 04:42 PM
Brain: Cavs
Heart: Celtics.
Sleeper: BUCKS!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 04:44 PM
Dwight at his peak was unstoppable. Dude was way too athletic for his own good and that has slowed down any developmental value he should have focused more on. When his back turned to pretzels, he couldn't replicate what he was known for - lobs, putbacks, explosive power dunks, and even the small short baby hook that he used to do pretty well in. I mean, his rebounding numbers are still there but they are by virtue of how the game has changed today rather than him being a dominant rebounder. What's also changed is his lack of intensity on the defensive end. He used to contest most shots. Now, he'd rather let you shoot it and just stand pat.Used to contest most shots?

Dude was KNOWN for his defense. More than anything else. He was a monster defensively, completely dominant.

One of the more underated players of our time due to his complete fall off in LA.

FlashBolt
08-28-2017, 05:30 PM
Used to contest most shots?

Dude was KNOWN for his defense. More than anything else. He was a monster defensively, completely dominant.

One of the more underated players of our time due to his complete fall off in LA.

Yes, used to contest "most". I felt he sometimes tried to make the highlight play rather than the smart play. Look at Duncan's defensive prowess as a comparison. Duncan always tried to make you change your shot or play. Dwight simply let you do what you wanted so he could make a highlight play. Duncan blocked your shot to where his teammates would be able to retrieve it. Dwight blocked your shot to the crowd because he knew it would show up on ESPN.

Vinsanity115
08-28-2017, 07:00 PM
Yes, used to contest "most". I felt he sometimes tried to make the highlight play rather than the smart play. Look at Duncan's defensive prowess as a comparison. Duncan always tried to make you change your shot or play. Dwight simply let you do what you wanted so he could make a highlight play. Duncan blocked your shot to where his teammates would be able to retrieve it. Dwight blocked your shot to the crowd because he knew it would show up on ESPN.Dwight was keen to highlights sure, but he was an absolute force inside on defense, it would affect entire offense gameplans. He's becoming massively underrated in his prime just because he didn't have a smooth offense. He brought a pretty okay team to the final...

Bausman
08-28-2017, 09:33 PM
Why do so many people think the Wizards will be better than the Raptors when the Wiz have never been better than the raptors?

AllBall
08-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Why do so many people think the Wizards will be better than the Raptors when the Wiz have never been better than the raptors?

Let's be real here, #1-8 will be the most fluid it's probably ever been in the East this coming season. Any prediction has equal merit given what's coming.

FlashBolt
08-28-2017, 10:39 PM
Dwight was keen to highlights sure, but he was an absolute force inside on defense, it would affect entire offense gameplans. He's becoming massively underrated in his prime just because he didn't have a smooth offense. He brought a pretty okay team to the final...

That Orlando team was more than okay. Rashard, Hedo, Pietrus, Nelson, Courtney Lee. Far from okay.

hugepatsfan
08-28-2017, 11:05 PM
That Orlando team was more than okay. Rashard, Hedo, Pietrus, Nelson, Courtney Lee. Far from okay.

Eh. That seems underwhelming for an NBA finals team supporting cast.

j-bay
08-28-2017, 11:10 PM

No one is saying the Wizards will truly be better then the Raptors. But people seem to believe the Wizards will have the slightly better record. And congrats the Raptors have had a better record than the Wizards. At least least the Wizards have a championship. I mean i know this was 40 years ago, but still. You know why people are so down on the Raptors? Its easy to figure out but i'll say it anyway. Kyle Lowry. That is the difference between the Wizards and the Raptors is that one guy right there. There are teams who would love to have John Wall. He's quick, he can pass the ball, he can play defense, and he is a decent shooter. Notice how few teams were interested in Lowry and if they were, were uninterested in paying him the big bucks. Lowry is an over glorified shooter, who doesn't step up in the bright lights. This is who you are asking to be one one of your best guys. I would have him as my 3rd best, not 1 or 2. Until he steps up, the Raptors will never be looked at as a serious threat.

FlashBolt
08-28-2017, 11:41 PM
Eh. That seems underwhelming for an NBA finals team supporting cast.

Compare that to the East, though. Outside of the Celtics, there wasn't much elsewhere.

Lakers + Giants
08-29-2017, 03:01 AM

I have the 76ers making the playoffs too. It's due to the fact that the east is *** tho.

Vinsanity115
08-29-2017, 06:20 AM
Why do so many people think the Wizards will be better than the Raptors when the Wiz have never been better than the raptors?Because it's the Raptors.

I remember last playoffs.. The line was like +400 for a Raptors win vs Cleveland. Everyone jumped on it I knew, but I knew better, the Raptors can't be trusted.

Vinsanity115
08-29-2017, 06:22 AM
That Orlando team was more than okay. Rashard, Hedo, Pietrus, Nelson, Courtney Lee. Far from okay.That's really not that impressive. It was a good team, but nothing on that team would happen without Dwight.

TheDish87
08-29-2017, 09:00 AM
No one is saying the Wizards will truly be better then the Raptors. But people seem to believe the Wizards will have the slightly better record. And congrats the Raptors have had a better record than the Wizards. At least least the Wizards have a championship. I mean i know this was 40 years ago, but still. You know why people are so down on the Raptors? Its easy to figure out but i'll say it anyway. Kyle Lowry. That is the difference between the Wizards and the Raptors is that one guy right there. There are teams who would love to have John Wall. He's quick, he can pass the ball, he can play defense, and he is a decent shooter. Notice how few teams were interested in Lowry and if they were, were uninterested in paying him the big bucks. Lowry is an over glorified shooter, who doesn't step up in the bright lights. This is who you are asking to be one one of your best guys. I would have him as my 3rd best, not 1 or 2. Until he steps up, the Raptors will never be looked at as a serious threat.

lol wut? the difference between the 2 teams isnt Lowry lol its the Raps are aging a bit with their best players while the Wiz are much younger and still getting better. I know overall the Raps have a young team but their best players are all maxed out already if not on the decline.

warfelg
08-29-2017, 09:03 AM
lol wut? the difference between the 2 teams isnt Lowry lol its the Raps are aging a bit with their best players while the Wiz are much younger and still getting better. I know overall the Raps have a young team but their best players are all maxed out already if not on the decline.

Not to mention that is one guy on the Wiz bench shows up they are instantly much better.

5ass
08-30-2017, 03:11 AM
Vegas:

Celtics 56.5
Cavs 53.5
Raptors 48.5
Bucks 47.5
Wizards 47.5
Heat 43.5
Sixers 42.5
Hornets 42.5
-
Detroit 38.5
Magic 33.5
Pacers 31.5
Knicks 30.5
Nets 28.5
Hawks 25.5
Bulls 21.5

Oakmont_4
08-30-2017, 06:05 AM
Compare that to the East, though. Outside of the Celtics, there wasn't much elsewhere.

Still had the Cavs led by LBJ (supporting cast was suspect but not much worse than ORL)
Celtics coming off a championship season (KG hurt at end of season which allowed ORL to overtake them)
Sixers were solid, just no "Star" - Iggy, Miller, Thad Young, Brand, Delembert, Lou Williams
Hawks were good but young - Joe Johnson, Josh Smith, Bibby, Marv Williams, Horford
Heat were good - Wade, Marion, Jermaine O'Neal, Beasley, Chalmers

Talent wise, outside of Dwight, all those teams were on par with ORL. Have to give Dwight credit here. He was an absolute force this year. Granted, had KG not gone down I have no doubt the C's would have knocked off ORL but that wasn't the case. All credit due to Dwight because if you put him on any of these teams that year and they're probably going to the finals. He was the difference.

East may have been weak, has been for decades. But it was stronger back then, than it is now. This was a time when talent was much more spread out and not bunched up on the top 2-3 teams.

HeartOfStarks
09-06-2017, 04:03 PM
1- Cavs
2- Boston
3- Toronto
4- Washington
5- Charlotte
6- Detroit
7- Miami
8-11- Bucks/Knicks/Magic/6ers fighting for final playoff spot

That's a guess obviously but I think as it stands it will be close to this. East is incredibly weak as we all know.

TheDish87
09-06-2017, 04:26 PM
we are all guessing but i think Detroit at 6 and Bucks fighting to make is backwards.

HeartOfStarks
09-06-2017, 04:40 PM
we are all guessing but i think Detroit at 6 and Bucks fighting to make is backwards.

Sure, that wouldn't surprise me at all - could very well end up being the case.

The reason I listed it that way, however, is I feel Bradley is an upgrade for them at the 2, and I think Kennard will surprise some people and be a pretty effective rookie in a stretch the floor/ scoring role. I really liked that pick for them (and the Bradley trade).

I know people seem to love the Bucks but I'm still not sold on them. I wouldn't be surprised if they regressed- they're certainly a candidate for it. Outside of Giannis I'm not blown away by anybody on that team, and Giannis still can't really shoot well consistently unless I'm off on that.

If I had to bet on it yes I'd bet the Bucks do make the playoffs, anywhere from 6-8 is a good guess for them.

In all honesty from my standpoint I hope the Knicks don't make an ill timed run into the back end of the playoffs only to lose out on a chance at the lottery when we really need to continue rebuilding. All of a sudden with Melo still here in a substantially weaker east, it doesn't seem so impossible that we win 36-40 games and sneak into an 8th seed, only to get swept easily. I don't want that- I want us to be competitive but being a middling team winning 38 games or whatever and getting the 15th pick isn't ideal.

When it looked like Melo was going I was pretty in on the early tank idea but the Knicks somehow always manage to screw up no matter what.

Vinsanity115
09-06-2017, 05:06 PM
Vegas:

Celtics 56.5
Cavs 53.5
Raptors 48.5
Bucks 47.5
Wizards 47.5
Heat 43.5
Sixers 42.5
Hornets 42.5
-
Detroit 38.5
Magic 33.5
Pacers 31.5
Knicks 30.5
Nets 28.5
Hawks 25.5
Bulls 21.5Wow, serious lines?

Celtics first Bulls last could happen but surprised by Vegas

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

jon32
09-06-2017, 09:51 PM
Cavs
Celts
Bucks
Raps
Wizards
Hornets
Pistons
76'ers

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 10:41 AM
1- Cavs
2- Boston
3- Toronto
4- Washington
5- Charlotte
6- Detroit
7- Miami
8-11- Bucks/Knicks/Magic/6ers fighting for final playoff spot

That's a guess obviously but I think as it stands it will be close to this. East is incredibly weak as we all know.

Only way Bucks are 8th seed or worse is cause Giannis be injured. We have a healthy Middleton and another year under the belts for Brogdon and Maker. Also a full season of Snell with us. Besides Moose was a beast last year. Also I'm liking our rookies Wilson and Brown. Also Parker should be game shape by playoffs. Only key loss to the roster was Beasley. Everyone else is the same other then two new rookies and we have the G-league Herd team now to farm.

Bucks close to bringing Jet back as well. Plus the Bucks love to trade. So who knows what happens before trade deadline. But yeah Bucks do seem to regress every other year. First year we signed Moose we nose dived cause we traded Zaza, Dudley for top 55 second round picks. Ersan was a salary dump to clear cap to land Moose. So took time for that team to gel. Then Parker injured every other year. Then Middleton missed first half of last year.

CELTICS4LYFE
09-07-2017, 11:41 AM
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Wizards
4. Bucks
5. Raptors
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Sixers/Pistons/Nets

11. Pacers
12. Knicks
13. Magic
14. Bulls
15. Hawks

HeartOfStarks
09-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Only way Bucks are 8th seed or worse is cause Giannis be injured. We have a healthy Middleton and another year under the belts for Brogdon and Maker. Also a full season of Snell with us. Besides Moose was a beast last year. Also I'm liking our rookies Wilson and Brown. Also Parker should be game shape by playoffs. Only key loss to the roster was Beasley. Everyone else is the same other then two new rookies and we have the G-league Herd team now to farm.

Bucks close to bringing Jet back as well. Plus the Bucks love to trade. So who knows what happens before trade deadline. But yeah Bucks do seem to regress every other year. First year we signed Moose we nose dived cause we traded Zaza, Dudley for top 55 second round picks. Ersan was a salary dump to clear cap to land Moose. So took time for that team to gel. Then Parker injured every other year. Then Middleton missed first half of last year.

Fair enough man - you would know the team far better than me, was just making an educated guess. But like I said wouldn't be surprised to see Bucks at the 6th seed, even 5th seed wouldn't shock me.

But yeah they're just one of those teams that fluctuates season to season a bit so initially I put them 8th. We shall see soon enough, seasons right around the corner!

HeartOfStarks
09-07-2017, 12:15 PM
1. Cavs
2. Celtics
3. Wizards
4. Bucks
5. Raptors
6. Hornets
7. Heat
8. Sixers/Pistons/Nets

11. Pacers
12. Knicks
13. Magic
14. Bulls
15. Hawks

I just can't see the Nets anywhere near the 8th seed. Maybe I'm off but I have them pegged for bottom 3-4 in the east. Also I feel like Indy is gonna be BAD this year but who knows, time will tell.

TheDish87
09-07-2017, 12:19 PM
Wow, serious lines?

Celtics first Bulls last could happen but surprised by Vegas

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

vegas knows best

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Reason Bucks are up and down is cause of injuries twice to Parker now. Also Middleton missed half of last season. Then Middleton's first game back then Parker got injured the very same game. So it was like they switch seats for the season. Give me a healthy Giannis, Middleton and Parker we unseat Raptors for sure and maybe possibly Wizards. But Wizards always seem to have our number.

Also not so sure Celtics are any better. I kinda agree on the IT press statement. Cavs are the Cavs but IT will miss 3 to 4 month if he has surgery. If he doesn't who knows how well he plays. Then Cavs have to count on Rose starting. Doubt LeBron is to pleased about that. Cavs need another blockbuster trade. Either Bledsoe or Cousins yet.

The East is so up in the air though.

WaDe03
09-07-2017, 12:29 PM
Whatever team Wade finishes the season on will be in the finals if it's in the EC. You heard it here first.

CELTICS4LYFE
09-07-2017, 09:16 PM
I just can't see the Nets anywhere near the 8th seed. Maybe I'm off but I have them pegged for bottom 3-4 in the east. Also I feel like Indy is gonna be BAD this year but who knows, time will tell.

Nets are High but I think they got more solid if not better this offseason. They are a Russel breakout year away from 8th seed in the pathetic bottom of the East.

Pacers at least got Turner who I like lol

Hawks Bulls Magic I think are gunna be trash

HeartOfStarks
09-08-2017, 02:21 AM
Nets are High but I think they got more solid if not better this offseason. They are a Russel breakout year away from 8th seed in the pathetic bottom of the East.

Pacers at least got Turner who I like lol

Hawks Bulls Magic I think are gunna be trash

With you on the Hawks & Bulls, although with the Bulls franchise luck they'll suck and end up with the number 1 pick (although let's see how this whole Adam Silver draft thing shakes out)...

Magic might be garbage, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they start to turn it around this year - I like some of their young guys, who knows if they'll actually figure it out tho.

Also a fan of Turner but don't think him and Dipo get them anywhere better than 12th spot. And I liked the Russell trade for the Nets too - but they're still several significant pieces away from approaching a .500 record in my eyes. Maybe in 3 years or so they'll get there.

Would've loved to see Ball/Russell in LA but oh well.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
09-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Bulls, Lakers, Magic, Pacers, Suns, Mavs, Pistons easily could all be worse then Nets. Remember this draft is supposedly top heavy and that's it. So more less like top 4 or 5 guys then big major drop off. Then if any of the top guys decide to go back to school then the draft is really skimpy. Then if Embiid is injured who knows where then end up without him. Hornets always seem to be injured. Also they got toxic Howard there so who knows how that works out. So that's easily 7 or 8 teams that could be ahead of the lottery for Nets. Give or take.

Even playoff teams with a key injury could nose dive and become a tanking team. But who knows Nets could get a injury or not and be top 3 yet. But hard to say. That's why the games have to be played. Heck a injury to LeBron could sink that team. Besides IT may not be the same. Injury to Leonard could easily since the Spurs in the west. Heck a injury to any key players could sink many teams. Heck Clippers could slip since Blake and Gallinari are injury prone. No way Jordan could carry that team.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 11:03 AM
Bulls, Lakers, Magic, Pacers, Suns, Mavs, Pistons easily could all be worse then Nets. Remember this draft is supposedly top heavy and that's it. So more less like top 4 or 5 guys then big major drop off. Then if any of the top guys decide to go back to school then the draft is really skimpy. Then if Embiid is injured who knows where then end up without him. Hornets always seem to be injured. Also they got toxic Howard there so who knows how that works out. So that's easily 7 or 8 teams that could be ahead of the lottery for Nets. Give or take.

Even playoff teams with a key injury could nose dive and become a tanking team. But who knows Nets could get a injury or not and be top 3 yet. But hard to say. That's why the games have to be played. Heck a injury to LeBron could sink that team. Besides IT may not be the same. Injury to Leonard could easily since the Spurs in the west. Heck a injury to any key players could sink many teams. Heck Clippers could slip since Blake and Gallinari are injury prone. No way Jordan could carry that team.

Lakers, Magic, Pacers, Suns, Mavs, and Pistons will all be better than the Nets. Why are you so high on the Nets? They're complete garbage.

TheDish87
09-08-2017, 11:22 AM
Lakers will be worse and probably the Suns as they will sell off the vets.

WaDe03
09-08-2017, 11:31 AM
Lakers will be worse and probably the Suns as they will sell off the vets.

I disagree, they're young players will be a year better and as of right now they still have the vets with no moves in the works. Lonzo Ingram Lopez and arguably others will better than anything the Nets have except MAYBE Russell, Booker and Bledsoe will be better than anything the Nets have, JJ arguably will and Chriss will be a year older and more developed.

HeartOfStarks
09-08-2017, 11:58 AM
Lakers, Magic, Pacers, Suns, Mavs, and Pistons will all be better than the Nets. Why are you so high on the Nets? They're complete garbage.

This. I wouldn't be surprised if the Nets are the worst team in the league again this year.

Lin-Russell-Crabbe-Carrol-Mozgov (Allen)

I liked the Russell trade for them, liked the Allen pick, but this team is YEARS away from winning 35-40 games. It's just the truth.

TheDish87
09-08-2017, 01:31 PM
I disagree, they're young players will be a year better and as of right now they still have the vets with no moves in the works. Lonzo Ingram Lopez and arguably others will better than anything the Nets have except MAYBE Russell, Booker and Bledsoe will be better than anything the Nets have, JJ arguably will and Chriss will be a year older and more developed.

you are underselling the nets here in terms of these other bad teams. The Nets have semi-interesting pieces and at least a starting 5 that shouldnt be terrible. The Lakers best player is Lopez and thats not saying much and they wont be able to defend anyone in the league. Its pretty clear the Suns will dump some guys thats why is aid probably in assuming that does happen.

smith&wesson
09-08-2017, 03:15 PM
Cleveland
Toronto
Boston
Washington
Milwaukee
Miami
Who gives a poop

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

This