PDA

View Full Version : How good can this Minnesota team be?

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 09:05 AM
So I've been thinking a lot lately about the Minnesota Timberwolves, who may have had the best offseason of any team in the league this summer with the acquisitions of Butler, Teague, Gibson and Crawford. I got a chance to listen to Bill Simmons' podcast interview with Jimmy Butler this week, and they talked about the chance for this to be the greatest Timberwolves team of all-time.

I'm back and forth on this. Because despite the potential they showed last year, they still only won 31 games, and I'm a big believer in bad teams struggling to overcome a losing mentality. At the same time, on paper, this is probably the single most talented Minnesota team in the history of the franchise, and I've always thought very highly of Thibodeau as a coach. I also really love Butler. We went to the same high school, and even though I was a couple of years older and never met him, and I've enjoyed following his basketball career and seeing him grow.

No matter how you view Towns or Butler, both guys are top 15 players in the league, and they have potential to only get better. You look at the history of the franchise, and their best year was in 2004, which was the KG, Sprewell, Cassell team that won 58 games and went to the Western Conference Finals before falling to the Shaq/Kobe Lakers. Those teams were not very deep at all. Wally freaking Szczerbiak was their fourth best player! In theory, this team not only has more top-end talent, but also has a much deeper rotation with guys like Gibson, Dieng and Crawford playing key roles.

And to make this roster even more interesting, the Wiggins thread got me looking over their contracts this morning, and they have a LOT of money invested in non-star players over the next few seasons. Dieng is making $15 million-$17 million over the next three years, and Teague is making $19 million a season the next two with a player option for year three. How in the hell do they keep all of those guys together if Wiggins, Towns and Butler are all going to warrant max contracts the next two summers?

All of this is just fascinating to me, and I look forward to seeing what this team does next season (as long as they're not better than the Rockets :D). So what are everyone else's thoughts on this squad? How many games do they win, can they stay together, can this be the greatest T-Wolves team of all-time, and do they have legitimate championship contender potential the next few years?

THE MTL
07-29-2017, 10:27 AM
I think the Wolves will make that leap now with Jimmy Butler. They just needed a strong veteran presence and to get that from a franchise player is icing on the cake.

I fully expect Towns to make the leap to superstardom any season now. And Wiggins can be on that path too.

Most importantly, they have the youth to outlast this current Warriors team domination.

eDush
07-29-2017, 10:33 AM
I think the Wolves will make that leap now with Jimmy Butler. They just needed a strong veteran presence and to get that from a franchise player is icing on the cake.

I fully expect Towns to make the leap to superstardom any season now. And Wiggins can be on that path too.

Most importantly, they have the youth to outlast this current Warriors team domination.Thats why I want Butler for Kyrie. It's a big mistake Boston passed up on getting him.

Butler >>> Tatum all day long :nod:

WaDe03
07-29-2017, 10:39 AM
Thats why I want Butler for Kyrie. It's a big mistake Boston passed up on getting him.

So you're a Cavs fan? :ohno:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-29-2017, 10:40 AM
West is pretty loaded. Butler should of stayed in the east.

eDush
07-29-2017, 10:44 AM
Thats why I want Butler for Kyrie. It's a big mistake Boston passed up on getting him.

So you're a Cavs fan? :ohno:Your a Lakers fan cause of your Ball...stop staring at it :facepalm:

Heediot
07-29-2017, 10:52 AM
I expect KAT to make another leap, and I expect Wiggins to be better then people expect. 50-55. The west is stacked so 50 wins as a middle seed isn't too shabby.

DanG
07-29-2017, 10:59 AM
I expect them to be fighting for the 4th seed with OKC. Around 48-52 wins.

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 12:14 PM
I just realized I screwed up the poll options. Should have said 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, etc. Sorry about that.

Regardless, I think this team can win 50 games. They'll struggle a little to start the season as they feel each other out, but when they start figuring out how to play together, nobody is going to want to play them after the All-Star break. I think they've got a puncher's chance to crack the top 4 seeds in the West next year and will almost certainly be in the top 3-4 teams the following season.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 12:58 PM
50 is going to be a big achievement in this West. I wouldn't be surprised if the top team barely clears 60 games.

WaDe03
07-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Your a Lakers fan cause of your Ball...stop staring at it :facepalm:

I hate Ball and his family.....

WaDe03
07-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Well I'm pretty high on them. I think they get homecourt. Their biggest flaw last year imo was closing games, that won't be the case with arguably the clutchest player in the league in Jimmy. Teague fits well and is a good catch and shoot shooter.

I really wanted them to get Millsap because they would've been the Warriors toughest matchup by far. They can still improve if they get Kyrie but it remains to be seen. I'll hold off on my final judgement until Irving is traded, I really wish they would've got Millsap though.

mngopher35
07-29-2017, 01:22 PM
50 is a pretty good goal given the west right now. We can't really compete for a title but it's still probably our most talented/best team ever. It's just during an odd point in the nba unfortunately.

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 01:29 PM
50 is going to be a big achievement in this West. I wouldn't be surprised if the top team barely clears 60 games.

I feel like we say that every year, but every year we're getting a ton of teams topping 50 wins in the West. There hasn't been fewer than four teams crack 50 wins in the conference (not counting the lockout season) since 2005-06. And the average has typically been around 5-6 teams.

As good as the conference is, there will still be a handful of cellar dwellers to beat up on, and at least everybody gets to play all the Eastern Conference teams twice a year. Plus, I think some teams that have typically been toward the top of the conference the last few seasons may fall out of that conversation (mainly Utah, the Clippers and possibly Memphis to a lesser extent).

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:55 PM
I feel like we say that every year, but every year we're getting a ton of teams topping 50 wins in the West. There hasn't been fewer than four teams crack 50 wins in the conference (not counting the lockout season) since 2005-06. And the average has typically been around 5-6 teams.

As good as the conference is, there will still be a handful of cellar dwellers to beat up on, and at least everybody gets to play all the Eastern Conference teams twice a year. Plus, I think some teams that have typically been toward the top of the conference the last few seasons may fall out of that conversation (mainly Utah, the Clippers and possibly Memphis to a lesser extent).

I generally agree, but for the first time in a long time every team in the bottom half of the West got better so it's going to be harder than any time in the recent past.

Antione Carr
07-29-2017, 02:52 PM
I remember when the 7 seed was usually a 50 win team in the West. So I've seen the West better. I don't really see the Timberwolves as a Franchise that knows how to win. Also I think their best teams were in the late 90's and Early 2000's. They've had some great players like Garnett, Marbury, Gugliotta, Terry Porter, Terrell Brandon, Chauncey Billups, and several others.

Also I don't see their coach as a winner. He is riding KG's coat tails still from in Boston. I think they will be around an 8 or 9 seed and they won't care when the lose or if they miss the playoffs even though they have collected 3 All Stars.

Also they're just a jump shooting team and that is also how their coach coaches it. There are only a few jump shooting teams that really go far or even make the playoffs.

tp13baby
07-29-2017, 02:57 PM
They have obvious flaws but I expect them to be a 5 seed. Best possible a 3 seed if everything works out perfectly.

Problem is the west is tough but their division in scary good. Best division in basketball.

Antione Carr
07-29-2017, 03:09 PM
They have obvious flaws but I expect them to be a 5 seed. Best possible a 3 seed if everything works out perfectly.

Problem is the west is tough but their division in scary good. Best division in basketball.

Their Division isn't that good. It's only like 5 teams and it's teams like Denver, Utah, Portland, etc But I get what you're saying. However I don't think the West is as good as people think. I think Houston made a sideways move, They traded a lot of players for Chris Paul and lets not pretend that he's still a top PG anymore.

San Antonio had their worst series in their franchise history and haven't added anyone or traded anyone away.

OKC will be the same.

Jazz won't win 35 games Heyward did a lot for that team.

Portland will still be average.

pelicans will still be the pelicans. haha

Mavs still have mark cuban as the owner

But they're not getting the 5 seed and certainly not the 3. That is never really happened where a young team that hasn't made the playoffs in like 15 years or even 3-4 years is thrown together and they all of a sudden get a top 5 seed.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 03:21 PM
I remember when the 7 seed was usually a 50 win team in the West. So I've seen the West better. I don't really see the Timberwolves as a Franchise that knows how to win. Also I think their best teams were in the late 90's and Early 2000's. They've had some great players like Garnett, Marbury, Gugliotta, Terry Porter, Terrell Brandon, Chauncey Billups, and several others.

Also I don't see their coach as a winner. He is riding KG's coat tails still from in Boston. I think they will be around an 8 or 9 seed and they won't care when the lose or if they miss the playoffs even though they have collected 3 All Stars.

Also they're just a jump shooting team and that is also how their coach coaches it. There are only a few jump shooting teams that really go far or even make the playoffs.

But back when the 7th seed had 50 wins the bottom 5 teams were TERRRRRRRIBLE and that's not the case anymore.

Antione Carr
07-29-2017, 03:26 PM
But back when the 7th seed had 50 wins the bottom 5 teams were TERRRRRRRIBLE and that's not the case anymore.

Who were the bad teams in the early 2000's and late 90's?? Dallas? They had Finley, Dirk and Nash and could beat anyone on any given night. Beat the Bulls and the Lakers. Denver wasn't that good but they still had McDyess and several others.

Today I see Sacramento, Dallas, Pheonix, Denver, Utah, and several others as having no All Star at all on their rosters even. Not even former All Stars. Dirk barely counts, He doesn't try anymore and hasn't since like 2012. Dallas will start the rookie at the pg and sg, he'll be over matched at sg and he'll have to learn the style of the NBA. I think he'll do ok, but They need to trade everyone else.

Those Late 90's Mavericks team with Finley, Trent, Ceballos, then Dirk and Nash would DESTORY any non playoff team today by 40 points and sweep them in a series.

dhopisthename
07-29-2017, 04:53 PM
Who were the bad teams in the early 2000's and late 90's?? Dallas? They had Finley, Dirk and Nash and could beat anyone on any given night. Beat the Bulls and the Lakers. Denver wasn't that good but they still had McDyess and several others.

Today I see Sacramento, Dallas, Pheonix, Denver, Utah, and several others as having no All Star at all on their rosters even. Not even former All Stars. Dirk barely counts, He doesn't try anymore and hasn't since like 2012. Dallas will start the rookie at the pg and sg, he'll be over matched at sg and he'll have to learn the style of the NBA. I think he'll do ok, but They need to trade everyone else.

Those Late 90's Mavericks team with Finley, Trent, Ceballos, then Dirk and Nash would DESTORY any non playoff team today by 40 points and sweep them in a series.

lol Denver has Jokic and Millsap and Utah has Gobert. neither of them qualify as having no all star at all.

goingfor28
07-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Definitely behind GS, Hou and SA, and who I think will be the top 3, in that order.
Also might not quite be as good as OKC, but they'll be close.
Minnesota will finish between 4-6 in the West imo.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Bostonjorge
07-29-2017, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't want to play them in the first round in the playoffs that's for sure. Winning will make Towns and Wiggins play that much greater. Butler can push Wiggins everyday to his full potential as a leader of a contending team.

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 06:05 AM
I know some minny fans won't like this. but I see this blowing up on them it seems similar to when the nets went all out. and nobody really worked well together.

I think Jimmy and Kat are a great start. but I just don't love what's around them in terms of Fit. I think they stuggle with shooting. and Teague and Wiggins are terrible fits next to Jimmy.

hypothetically. I think they would have been better off keeping Levine and playing Jimmy at the 3. I don't love their other big and think in this league they need a better stretch player. especially with that backcourt.

but I think a core of Kat Jimmy could be a nice start.

personally I might try and make a play on Kyrie.

Kyrie Jimmy and Kat would be good enough to push the warriors imo. and to me. pending what they can get to run with them. would be a really solid lineup.

Wiggins sounds like he is in the doghouse for fans as well. though I can't understand why. I mean. I had some guys tell me they would take Otto porter over him. but if you asked porter o do what Wiggins does for them. he would have much worse effenciency too

BKLYNpigeon
07-30-2017, 08:54 AM
Who's their best 3 point shooter? Exactly.

ChiSox219
07-30-2017, 01:03 PM
Who's their best 3 point shooter? Exactly.

It's a fair point people continue to bring up but what I don't hear is anyone talking about how good Minnesota is going to defend the 3. They will probably be at the top in terms of 3P% allowed and opponents 3P rate allowed. And my guess is offensively they finish middle of the pack in 3 shooting.

Scoots
07-30-2017, 03:16 PM
It's a fair point people continue to bring up but what I don't hear is anyone talking about how good Minnesota is going to defend the 3. They will probably be at the top in terms of 3P% allowed and opponents 3P rate allowed. And my guess is offensively they finish middle of the pack in 3 shooting.

Chances are an Eastern team leads in opponent 3FGA. The West has too many teams that take too many 3s for Minny to lead the NBA in opponent attempts.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2017, 03:25 PM
I know some minny fans won't like this. but I see this blowing up on them it seems similar to when the nets went all out. and nobody really worked well together.

I think Jimmy and Kat are a great start. but I just don't love what's around them in terms of Fit. I think they stuggle with shooting. and Teague and Wiggins are terrible fits next to Jimmy.

hypothetically. I think they would have been better off keeping Levine and playing Jimmy at the 3. I don't love their other big and think in this league they need a better stretch player. especially with that backcourt.

but I think a core of Kat Jimmy could be a nice start.

personally I might try and make a play on Kyrie.

Kyrie Jimmy and Kat would be good enough to push the warriors imo. and to me. pending what they can get to run with them. would be a really solid lineup.

Wiggins sounds like he is in the doghouse for fans as well. though I can't understand why. I mean. I had some guys tell me they would take Otto porter over him. but if you asked porter o do what Wiggins does for them. he would have much worse effenciency too

Yeah like I was saying in the max Wiggin thread. Can they keep the core together by maxing Wiggins and then Kat? Then a chance Butler could bolt to the Lakers. Heck Butler wanted Lakers way back before he broke down and took that contract from the Bulls when he wasn't happy there. He was tempted to take QO and go to Lakers. If Lakers show something following year by landing PG13 and dump dead weight Deng and Clarkson they be in business to lure maybe a big 3 beside have Ball.

mrblisterdundee
07-30-2017, 05:37 PM
The Timberwolves will be better, but they might be as bad or worse at spreading the floor as the Bulls were. That's one area where Butler doesn't help very much. Wiggins isn't any better. Rondo shot better from three last year than Teague. Teams are going to pack the paint against Minnesota unless they significantly improve from the perimeter.

mngopher35
07-30-2017, 05:54 PM
Teague, Wiggins, Butler, Towns all shoot 38% or better from the corner. All shoot 37.6% or better on catch and shoot opportunities. With each of them being able to attack a defense as well it should be plenty of pressure on teams and they can't just leave them wide open.

We won't be an elite shooting team or anything like that but it's not as bad as a couple make it seem.

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 07:49 PM
Teagues is not an upgrade over Rubio...
Team still won't be able to defend as a unit because of a mix of low bball IQ players...
Jimmy Butler led the Bulls to 41 wins in the East...
Bench better with Crawford and Taj Gibson but still thin...
Gorgui Dieng is an overpaid bum...
38 wins in the West...an increase of 7 games barring any major injuries...

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 08:18 PM
Yeah like I was saying in the max Wiggin thread. Can they keep the core together by maxing Wiggins and then Kat? Then a chance Butler could bolt to the Lakers. Heck Butler wanted Lakers way back before he broke down and took that contract from the Bulls when he wasn't happy there. He was tempted to take QO and go to Lakers. If Lakers show something following year by landing PG13 and dump dead weight Deng and Clarkson they be in business to lure maybe a big 3 beside have Ball.

I don't buy the laker stuff but I could see Jimmy going and teaming with kyrie somewhere that's a ways down the road

Hustla23
07-30-2017, 08:54 PM
The Wolves would underachieve if they sunk below the 4th spot at the minimum IMO. Towns is already a monstrous offensive force and Butler is a legitimate two way star.

I think they should have went all in and pushed harder for Kyrie, though.

ewing
07-30-2017, 08:56 PM
I think JT is actually a real nice fit and very underrated move for them

Jamiecballer
07-30-2017, 10:03 PM
Should make the playoffs next year but I think people are getting ahead of themselves. They need a year or 2 to work it all out.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

IKnowHoops
07-30-2017, 11:49 PM
Really hoping that Bron, RWB and PG13 take pay cuts to play in MN with Wiggins, KAT and Butler. I think if the Wolves can pull off a top 3 finish, and if KAT and Wig take big steps, it could draw the intrigue of those players coming together to form the next super team.

Going to be a fun season leading up to a fun offseason and then leading into the season after that for the grand finale. We are st for the next two years when it comes to overall NBA story-line.

dhopisthename
07-31-2017, 01:37 AM
Really hoping that Bron, RWB and PG13 take pay cuts to play in MN with Wiggins, KAT and Butler. I think if the Wolves can pull off a top 3 finish, and if KAT and Wig take big steps, it could draw the intrigue of those players coming together to form the next super team.

Going to be a fun season leading up to a fun offseason and then leading into the season after that for the grand finale. We are st for the next two years when it comes to overall NBA story-line.

LOL you want 3/15 best players in the NBA to sign for the MLE or the minimum or do you not have a grasp of the salary cap at all?

ewing
07-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Team still won't be able to defend as a unit because of a mix of low bball IQ players...

Teague is a clear upgrade. especially on a team with scorers who want to the ball in there hand

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 09:37 AM
We have zero floor spacing, considering our best shooter is probably our center. Teague is an upgrade as an off the ball scorer for sure, but hurts defensively. With the lineup we have, we should be able to attack the opposing wing defender who is weakest with bully ball, but I still think there will be way too much 1-1/1-5 action..

In all reality, it comes down to Towns taking a big step to elite, and if Wiggins can become "good".

This upcoming year, with minimal depth at the wings/PG position, I am guessing 45-50 wins, 5-6 seed, first round exit. The bench is better (with either Taj/Dieng, and Crawford), but still bad. The following year, we will have to see, but probably better..

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-31-2017, 09:43 AM
Next step would be to trade Wiggin's. Commanding a max soon enough. So so defender. Even though praised a good defender in the draft. Seems to not care win or lose. He just here to pad his stats. If I was the Wolves I would of kept LaVine over Wiggin's. But I'm sure Bulls wanted LaVine only or no deal for Butler.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 10:12 AM
Next step would be to trade Wiggin's. Commanding a max soon enough. So so defender. Even though praised a good defender in the draft. Seems to not care win or lose. He just here to pad his stats. If I was the Wolves I would of kept LaVine over Wiggin's. But I'm sure Bulls wanted LaVine only or no deal for Butler.

Unless they can secure a sure thing with a Wiggins trade, they will sign him and see what happens. I am not excited about a max, AT ALL, but I have said for 2 years now, that is what a 22 year old who scored 20+ a game is going to get, period. Even if he sucks at everything else besides putting the ball in the basket, in which he is average at, just with a lot of opportunities.

cheetos185
07-31-2017, 10:24 AM
They got 5 guys who all need the ball while Towns and Butler are great duo the supporting cast of wiggins teague and taj isn't that great neither of this 3 are decent defenders.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 11:00 AM
They got 5 guys who all need the ball while Towns and Butler are great duo the supporting cast of wiggins teague and taj isn't that great neither of this 3 are decent defenders.

defense is Gibson's calling card...

not saying it's a great mesh, just that they signed him purely for defense.

Rivera
07-31-2017, 11:44 AM
i like the team, but not sure of the make up of the team. a lot of players who arent great shooters

i love their length, there athleticism and I think they match up amazing with GS for length but they are desperate for shooting

Vee-Rex
07-31-2017, 12:27 PM
I say 45-50, but more like 48.

I think this is the year they start to put together the winning formula on a consistent basis. They cracked at it last year a few times but never could grab a hold of it. It's gonna take some growing pains but they have the talent to be a perennial playoff team. Now it's all about translating that talent into winning basketball.

effen5
07-31-2017, 02:29 PM

Teague is an upgrade over Rubio.
Seriously, this team won't be able to defend? Finally with some vets on this team, this team will be better. Hell, at one point, Thibs even got Boozer and Pau to play some defense. Butler and Taj will set the tone.
Jimmy and Wade LITERALLY had nobody else on that team. Bulls have zero young talent last year.

52-55 wins for me.

And I think Houston is extremely overrated.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 02:46 PM
Seriously, this team won't be able to defend? Finally with some vets on this team, this team will be better. Hell, at one point, Thibs even got Boozer and Pau to play some defense. Butler and Taj will set the tone.
Jimmy and Wade LITERALLY had nobody else on that team. Bulls have zero young talent last year.

52-55 wins for me.

I said that last year, and they bought into Mike's system and Harden morphed into the ultimate triple threat on speed, a system that has proven with a team running on cylinders, he can churn out regular season wins like a machine. Just those darn playoffs that his chuck it quick, don't bother defending system goes to die..

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:52 PM

52-55 wins for me.

In what aspect is Teagues a better PG than Rubio?...

Wasn't Taj Gibosn with Butler on the Bulls a half of last year and year prior to?...

How did Gibson look in OKC?...

This ain't 2012...

I always love the "he had no help cry"...
Before the season began it was Rondo, Butler and DWade bringing the bulls back to glory...
Literally no talent on the Bulls...
Celtics had the best record in the East with.....a hodge podge of players...
:laugh2:

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 04:34 PM
In what aspect is Teagues a better PG than Rubio?...

Wasn't Taj Gibosn with Butler on the Bulls a half of last year and year prior to?...

How did Gibson look in OKC?...

This ain't 2012...

I always love the "he had no help cry"...
Before the season began it was Rondo, Butler and DWade bringing the bulls back to glory...
Literally no talent on the Bulls...
Celtics had the best record in the East with.....a hodge podge of players...
:laugh2:

in a shell, Rubio and Teague are equal. But what they bring are different. Teague is absolutely better scoring the ball, and in catch and shoot, which is what the Wolves need at PG with ball dominant wings. We will miss Rubio's defense, and playmaking, but he gets painted into a corner at times, when teams basically force him to score, and it kills us. Hell our coach pulled the ball from his hands and gave it to Mr. Inefficient himself, Wiggins, late in games he trusted Rubio so little. The lack of trust the staff and team had in Rubio, unfortunately limited what he could do, even if I think he should have been given the keys 3 years ago.

Gibson is there for defense. Period.

Butler was a top 12 player, and has just entered his peak. Wade is a shell of himself, Rondo has always sucked. I have no clue who people thought the Bulls would be even good, let alone elite. Butler was their only player that was even remotely an all star caliber player last year, the rest were either average starters or worse in most cases. On top of that, they had no shooting, at all, and slow legs. Butler is absolutely an elite player.

I probably just wasted 1 minute of my life replying, but I couldn't help myself..

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 05:15 PM
I probably just wasted 1 minute of my life replying, but I couldn't help myself..
Nah...Thanks for the info...
But I stand firm...
38 Ws

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 05:24 PM
Nah...Thanks for the info...
But I stand firm...
38 Ws

I think lack of shooting and depth could hurt us. I am going with 47 wins.

LeonFSU
07-31-2017, 06:19 PM
It seems like an exaggeration to say there will be no floor spacing because the Wolves have no shooting. Teague, Wiggins, Butler and Towns are not great shooters, but statistically all above average. Its not like Butler is surrounded by Lopez, Wade and Rondo.

FlashBolt
07-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Wolves identity must be on the defensive end. If Thibs can replicate the same Chicago defense he did over five years ago, it doesn't matter if the Wolves can shoot like the Warriors or other elite teams. They never had a defensive presence since Thibs got to Minny. Bulls offensive game was terrible years ago as well but they did enough defensively. Won 62 games as well.

WaDe03
07-31-2017, 10:17 PM
Jimmy will be in the MVP race.

WaDe03
07-31-2017, 10:18 PM
Taj sucks though I wish they could've found a stretch 4. The push the Warriors to 7 with Millsap, they beat the Warriors with an Irving trade IF they had Millsap.

cheetos185
07-31-2017, 10:48 PM
defense is Gibson's calling card...

not saying it's a great mesh, just that they signed him purely for defense.
He's too old and not really a starter level anymore great of the bench though.

rhino17
07-31-2017, 10:52 PM
6 seed is likely where they end up imo. They aren't close to the top 4 (Warriors, Rockets, Spurs, Thunder) and could be beaten by Denver, LAC and others.

ewing
07-31-2017, 11:29 PM
in a shell, Rubio and Teague are equal. But what they bring are different. Teague is absolutely better scoring the ball, and in catch and shoot, which is what the Wolves need at PG with ball dominant wings. We will miss Rubio's defense, and playmaking, but he gets painted into a corner at times, when teams basically force him to score, and it kills us. Hell our coach pulled the ball from his hands and gave it to Mr. Inefficient himself, Wiggins, late in games he trusted Rubio so little. The lack of trust the staff and team had in Rubio, unfortunately limited what he could do, even if I think he should have been given the keys 3 years ago.

Gibson is there for defense. Period.

Butler was a top 12 player, and has just entered his peak. Wade is a shell of himself, Rondo has always sucked. I have no clue who people thought the Bulls would be even good, let alone elite. Butler was their only player that was even remotely an all star caliber player last year, the rest were either average starters or worse in most cases. On top of that, they had no shooting, at all, and slow legs. Butler is absolutely an elite player.

Rubio is a backup pg. he just isn't that good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lakers squad
08-01-2017, 07:00 AM

And people say laker fans or delusional...(Some of them are actually) but in this case even though not likely ill give you, it's the Lakers and defiantly not the t-wolves that have a actually chance of signing all three of those player's!