PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Wiggins: I want a max contract.

kobe4thewinbang
07-28-2017, 09:53 PM
Source: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/andrew-wiggins-seeking-max-extension.html

Is he worth one? We saw a strange free agency period. Not as many crazy deals since it now seems the salary cap may steady out moving forward.

Wiggins got a lot better once he moved to Minnesota, and it's better than giving a max deal to most of the players that got one gifted to them last summer, but what do you think happens here?

They just got Jimmy Butler, so not sure if Wiggins is as prized anymore by the T'Wolves.

Balltime
07-28-2017, 09:54 PM
Wow, Trade him for Kyrie

Twolves88
07-28-2017, 10:05 PM
We have discussed this to great length in the timberwolves forum. The general feeling is that he "floats" through games. He doesn't give enough effort on defense and in general his awareness of whats going on around him is poor. He will have games that he bursts out for a ton of points but he is the league average of efficiency for scoring. So to sum it up he's young and could get better but as he currently stands is nowhere close to the max. Thibs will give him it though because he is high af on wiggins.

Twolves88
07-28-2017, 10:06 PM
As a small franchise these are the types of deals that if a player doesn't live up to his contract will kill us in the future. But if we don't give it out then we risk towns and other players leaving....

LOb0
07-28-2017, 11:18 PM
As a small franchise these are the types of deals that if a player doesn't live up to his contract will kill us in the future. But if we don't give it out then we risk towns and other players leaving....

Otto Porter....

Hawkeye15
07-28-2017, 11:28 PM
Gross

jaydubb
07-28-2017, 11:30 PM
KAT deserves it, Wiggins does not

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TrueFan420
07-29-2017, 12:04 AM
Who doesn't want a Max Contract

eDush
07-29-2017, 12:55 AM
Source: https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2017/07/andrew-wiggins-seeking-max-extension.html

Is he worth one? We saw a strange free agency period. Not as many crazy deals since it now seems the salary cap may steady out moving forward.

Wiggins got a lot better once he moved to Minnesota, and it's better than giving a max deal to most of the players that got one gifted to them last summer, but what do you think happens here?

They just got Jimmy Butler, so not sure if Wiggins is as prized anymore by the T'Wolves.You mean once he turn pro since he didn't even play for Cleveland to know but the way you phrase it, you think he didn't play well for them lol
:shrug:

eDush
07-29-2017, 12:58 AM
Who doesn't want a Max ContractI don't just like KD doesn't. We make sacrifices to win as a team but you should know that by now :nod:

kobe4thewinbang
07-29-2017, 01:08 AM
You mean once he turn pro since he didn't even play for Cleveland to know but the way you phrase it, you think he didn't play well for them lol
:shrug:Ah you're right. Ha! Got his first year in Minnesota mixed up.

kobe4thewinbang
07-29-2017, 01:09 AM
We have discussed this to great length in the timberwolves forum. The general feeling is that he "floats" through games. He doesn't give enough effort on defense and in general his awareness of whats going on around him is poor. He will have games that he bursts out for a ton of points but he is the league average of efficiency for scoring. So to sum it up he's young and could get better but as he currently stands is nowhere close to the max. Thibs will give him it though because he is high af on wiggins.Yeah, I mean...I dunno. I would say no unless he really starts changing that. I felt the same way about him. I don't know if he really would damage the Towns/Timberwolves relationship if he was passed on or traded or w/e. There are a lot of wing players that could replace him especially with the big summer coming.

MrfadeawayJB
07-29-2017, 01:14 AM
He will get it, if not from minny someone else will. Garbage players get the max nowadays and Wiggins is not garbage.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:27 AM
I thought he was going to be traded to the Cavs before then?

Players "demanding" the max well before their contract is up for renewal are almost asking to be traded.

LivinLakers
07-29-2017, 01:27 AM

Wiggins got a lot better once he moved to Minnesota.
So what team was he not very good with? I mean the team he played for before the T-Wolves. Or were you talking about his college career.

Storch
07-29-2017, 02:16 AM
Bye Wiggins

KB24PG16
07-29-2017, 02:23 AM
regardless of if he is worth it, wiggins will get the max, trust me on this :nod:

FlashBolt
07-29-2017, 03:01 AM
No defense, no rebounding, no passing, zero leadership capabilities, but he can drop 20+ points.. Sadly, that's max contract worthy these days.

Kia Kaha
07-29-2017, 03:10 AM
Timberwolves fans know what I think of Wiggins (not good). I would be very upset if he gets the max. Let him hit RFA or trade him before it. He does not rebound, no team defense, bad IQ, no playmaking ability, floats around, does not play with any effort. Yes he can score but he is not overly efficient and he is garbage at shooting FT when it matters.

Towns and Butler are the building blocks for Minnesota.

LaVar Ball
07-29-2017, 03:48 AM
Mah boy deserves a max contract over this Wiggins kid.

LaVar Ball
07-29-2017, 03:49 AM
Bye Wiggins
Trade for Kyrie.

Kyben36
07-29-2017, 04:02 AM
he deserves one. especially if Otto porter does. its just the climate we are in. everyone is overpaid. and now roks can come off and earn 1/4 of a teams cap. should not be that way. but it is.

Kia Kaha
07-29-2017, 06:07 AM
he deserves one. [b]especially if Otto porter does[b]. its just the climate we are in. everyone is overpaid. and now roks can come off and earn 1/4 of a teams cap. should not be that way. but it is.

I would much rather have Otto Porter than Andrew Wiggins. Porter is a better overall basketball player than Andrew Wiggins.

Kyben36
07-29-2017, 06:43 AM
I would much rather have Otto Porter than Andrew Wiggins. Porter is a better overall basketball player than Andrew Wiggins.

I'm not sure how you think this is true.

Wiggins is a good scorer and above average wing defender.

the only thing porter does better than Wiggins is rebound. and I'm sorry but I'm not expecting him to be LeBron out there.

GoferKing_
07-29-2017, 07:57 AM
Good joke Andrew.xD

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 08:32 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Wiggins is a RFA next year and then KAT and Butler will follow as free agents the following summer. With Teague having a $19 million player option that summer, the T-Wolves may have put themselves in kind of a bind. They can't afford to max all three guys and pay Teague $19 million. Oh, and then there's the $17.3 million they'll owe Gorgui Dieng that season. Unless they can dump the salaries of one or multiple of those guys, they may have to let one walk.

As for the answer to the question, I do think Wiggins will warrant a max contract next summer. The dude averaged nearly 24 a night last year, and that alone will get max dollars from somebody whether his overall game deserves it or not. But playing next to Butler will be good for him, and hopefully it unlocks the defensive potential in Wiggins we all expected from him as a prospect.

eDush
07-29-2017, 08:52 AM
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Wiggins is a RFA next year and then KAT and Butler will follow as free agents the following summer. With Teague having a $19 million player option that summer, the T-Wolves may have put themselves in kind of a bind. They can't afford to max all three guys and pay Teague $19 million. Oh, and then there's the $17.3 million they'll owe Gorgui Dieng that season. Unless they can dump the salaries of one or multiple of those guys, they may have to let one walk.

As for the answer to the question, I do think Wiggins will warrant a max contract next summer. The dude averaged nearly 24 a night last year, and that alone will get max dollars from somebody whether his overall game deserves it or not. But playing next to Butler will be good for him, and hopefully it unlocks the defensive potential in Wiggins we all expected from him as a prospect.Why let them walk when they can be traded unless you think no one would want them?

Besides, Wiggins can do what KD and most Dubs would do by accepting less than the max to keep the team intact. If all they care about is max contract or brink trucks or being the man, then they will never understand and never will the meaning of sacrifice which is the Dubs way :nod:

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 09:14 AM
Why let them walk when they can be traded unless you think no one would want them?

Besides, Wiggins can do what KD and most Dubs would do by accepting less than the max to keep the team intact. If all they care about is max contract or brink trucks or being the man, then they will never understand and never will the meaning of sacrifice which is the Dubs way :nod:

First off, please cool it with the obnoxious Warriors dick riding in a totally non-Warriors related post. Reading posts like this make me cringe and throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Back on topic, I don't know many young players Wiggins' age who would be willing to take less money to keep a contender together. And this isn't the Warriors or the Cavs, etc. This team hasn't played a single NBA game together or built any camaraderie together, so the idea that they're going to start taking huge discounts to stick together is pretty premature at this point, especially considering how young this group is.

Regarding whether or not to trade some of these guys, I don't think I'd deal Wiggins if I was Minnesota. As unpolished as he may be, he still has elite potential and athleticism, and he's still extremely young. If they do end up having to cut contracts to make these pieces fit, I'd look to move Dieng, Teague and Gibson first.

eDush
07-29-2017, 09:34 AM
Why let them walk when they can be traded unless you think no one would want them?

First off, please cool it with the obnoxious Warriors dick riding in a totally non-Warriors related post. Reading posts like this make me cringe and throw up in my mouth a little bit.

Back on topic, I don't know many young players Wiggins' age who would be willing to take less money to keep a contender together. And this isn't the Warriors or the Cavs, etc. This team hasn't player a single NBA game together or built any camaraderie together, so the idea that they're going to start taking huge discounts to stick together is pretty premature at this point, especially considering how young this group is.

Regarding whether or not to trade some of these guys, I don't think I'd deal Wiggins if I was Minnesota. As unpolished as he may be, he still has elite potential and athleticism, and he's still extremely young. If they do end up having to cut contracts to make these pieces fit, I'd look to move Dieng, Teague and Gibson first.Okay I try to refrain from being obnoxious but I'm not the only one but just pointing out that to win as a team, one need to sacrifice otherwise they value other things more. Besides Wiggins hasn't shown the kind of improvement a star player would show especially with KAT taking a lot of pressure off him. I never saw any special intangibles in him other than being athletic with raw skills. I hope he continues to improve:nod:

aman_13
07-29-2017, 09:36 AM
Trade him for Irving.

eDush
07-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Trade him for Irving.Stupid...not with Lebron around and I would demand Butler, Dieng and Shabuzza guy instead which I call winning:nod:

aman_13
07-29-2017, 09:43 AM
Stupid...not with Lebron around and I would demand Butler, Dieng and Shabuzza guy instead which I call winning:nod:

Which is stupid for the Wolves.

And why do you think Wiggins and LeBron can't work?

The Cavs also need to think about life beyond LeBron James, whoever they get in return, it better be someone they feel they can build around.

IndyRealist
07-29-2017, 09:47 AM

the only thing porter does better than Wiggins is rebound. and I'm sorry but I'm not expecting him to be LeBron out there.

Wiggins scores a lot of points, that doesn't make him a good scorer. Other than ppg and blocks, he is below average at everything.

effen5
07-29-2017, 09:52 AM
Stupid...not with Lebron around and I would demand Butler, Dieng and Shabuzza guy instead which I call winning:nod:

Kyrie wants to leave...he'll leave when his contracts up. The cavs have some say but they aren't getting butler.

mike_noodles
07-29-2017, 09:54 AM
To be fair, his max isn't true max. So it's probably closer to market value than not. I mean, back up bigs are making $17m in some cases.

BKLYNpigeon
07-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Sure why not? Youre payed based on upside these days.

We all made fun the max contract Gordon Hayward got from the Jazz. Or the max Bradly Beal got. They exceeded their value.

Otto porter just got max deal. If wiggans hit restricted free agency he would get the max from 3-4 teams.

aman_13
07-29-2017, 09:59 AM
Wiggins has a lot of room to grow. He's only 21. I can see him breaking out within the next two yrs. I don't know much about his work ethic but he's not that far from being an elite wing.

He has all the tools, needs to learn how to make his teammates better and be less passive in terms of establishing himself, but it is areas that he can and likely will improve on.

THE MTL
07-29-2017, 10:17 AM
Andrew Wiggins is 22 years old. Yet to even come close to his prime. Has improved every season. Actually has real superstar potential compared to these other guys at max (porter, crabbe, thjr). Also his max contract off of a rookie scale isn't even that much.

eDush
07-29-2017, 10:23 AM

Which is stupid for the Wolves.

And why do you think Wiggins and LeBron can't work?

The Cavs also need to think about life beyond LeBron James, whoever they get in return, it better be someone they feel they can build around.If you need to ask, then you never understand. Lebron didn't want him on his team and after seeing how Kyrie wanted out, you think it be like it never happened :nod:

eDush
07-29-2017, 10:29 AM

Wiggins scores a lot of points, that doesn't make him a good scorer. Other than ppg and blocks, he is below average at everything.And he also not a clutch shooter and just hitting a few of them so far doesn't make him one. It needs to show consistency but its streaky. He not valued as a defender either but hopefully Butler can teach him to defend like him :nod:

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 12:32 PM
Okay I try to refrain from being obnoxious but I'm not the only one but just pointing out that to win as a team, one need to sacrifice otherwise they value other things more.
Not necessarily. Take Durant off that team, and the Warriors are still the best team in the NBA. I certainly didn't see Curry make sacrifices. Iggy and Livingston both got paid pretty handsomely this offseason as well. The way I look at it, the only guy making sacrifices is Durant, who they didn't even need in the first place. So let's not act like they're all Boy Scouts taking huge pay cuts to win titles.

But I digress...

Besides Wiggins hasn't shown the kind of improvement a star player would show especially with KAT taking a lot of pressure off him. I never saw any special intangibles in him other than being athletic with raw skills. I hope he continues to improve:nod:
He's made some minor improvements in some areas. His 3-point shot went from nonexistent to serviceable last season. His scoring numbers have ticked upward and his turnover percentage has dropped each season he's been in the league as well. But I agree that he didn't take the leap forward last year that many of us were probably looking for, and it definitely paled in comparison to the huge improvement we saw out of Towns last year.

I think playing next to Butler will be really good for him. If anyone can teach that dude how to commit on defense, it's Butler.

eDush
07-29-2017, 12:47 PM
Okay I try to refrain from being obnoxious but I'm not the only one but just pointing out that to win as a team, one need to sacrifice otherwise they value other things more.
Not necessarily. Take Durant off that team, and the Warriors are still the best team in the NBA. I certainly didn't see Curry make sacrifices. Iggy and Livingston both got paid pretty handsomely this offseason as well. The way I look at it, the only guy making sacrifices is Durant, who they didn't even need in the first place. So let's not act like they're all Boy Scouts taking huge pay cuts to win titles.

But I digress...

Besides Wiggins hasn't shown the kind of improvement a star player would show especially with KAT taking a lot of pressure off him. I never saw any special intangibles in him other than being athletic with raw skills. I hope he continues to improve:nod:
He's made some minor improvements in some areas. His 3-point shot went from nonexistent to serviceable last season. His scoring numbers have ticked upward and his turnover percentage has dropped each season he's been in the league as well. But I agree that he didn't take the leap forward last year that many of us were probably looking for, and it definitely paled in comparison to the huge improvement we saw out of Towns last year.

I think playing next to Butler will be really good for him. If anyone can teach that dude how to commit on defense, it's Butler.I said it before and will say it again. The Dubs would insist if not demand that Steph gets his supermax whether he wants to take less or not. This is an business decision for marketing as being the best player not only on our team but the entire league and anything less than the max is unacceptable for this organization. Steph is a billion dollar man for the Dubs who draws new fans by the millions all over the world. This is something you like most stupid fans can't grasp but it is tantamount from a business standpoint :nod:

eDush
07-29-2017, 12:58 PM
And Klay, Dray, and KD took less than the max. Livingston would most likely gotten more elsewhere if he had test the market but he only want to work out a deal with the team he loves so it was more than reasonable. Iggy wanted to test the market and personally I would have allow him walk if that's what he wants but the players wanted him back particularly KD by his willingness to take even less to bring him back. Sacrifices is the key to winning. I'm sure the others would have done the same thing if possible :nod:

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 12:59 PM
I said it before and will say it again. The Dubs would insist if not demand that Steph gets his supermax whether he wants to take less or not. This is an business decision for marketing as being the best player not only on our team but the entire league and anything less than the max is unacceptable for this organization. Steph is a billion dollar man for the Dubs who draws new fans by the millions all over the world. This is something you like most stupid fans can't grasp but it is tantamount from a business standpoint :nod:
If you're going to be petty and start throwing completely unnecessary insults, then we're done debating sports on PSD. I don't usually agree with your takes, because I think they're poor ones, and I rarely ever see you say anything that goes deeper than a basic, surface-level argument that any child with a passing interest in the sport could muster. But I usually don't mind talking sports with you because you're respectful. If you can't even manage that, then you and I have no business conversing anymore and you can kindly go **** yourself.

:nod:
:nod::nod:
:nod::nod::nod:
:nod::nod::nod::nod:
:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

eDush
07-29-2017, 01:09 PM
I said it before and will say it again. The Dubs would insist if not demand that Steph gets his supermax whether he wants to take less or not. This is an business decision for marketing as being the best player not only on our team but the entire league and anything less than the max is unacceptable for this organization. Steph is a billion dollar man for the Dubs who draws new fans by the millions all over the world. This is something you like most stupid fans can't grasp but it is tantamount from a business standpoint :nod:
If you're going to be petty and start throwing completely unnecessary insults, then we're done debating sports on PSD. I don't usually agree with your takes, because I think they're poor ones, and I rarely ever see you say anything that goes deeper than a basic, surface-level argument that any child with a passing interest in the sport could muster. But I usually don't mind talking sports with you because you're respectful. If you can't even manage that, then you and I have no business conversing anymore and you can kindly go **** yourself.

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:I try to keep my responses basically simple by choice due to the constant trolling being exhibited in the main forum. You can't take things too personally or seriously on here so if someone calls me stupid which some of my postings seem to suggest, I just shrug it off and move on likely followed by a quip response with a :nod:

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:13 PM

:nod::nod::nod::nod::nod:

aman_13
07-29-2017, 04:32 PM
If you need to ask, then you never understand. Lebron didn't want him on his team and after seeing how Kyrie wanted out, you think it be like it never happened :nod:

Or maybe he knew Wiggins would have to go to acquire Love? Doesn't mean he has something against Wiggins as a player.

Sly Guy
07-30-2017, 10:09 AM
lol, any player who has to announce they want the max probably doesn't deserve one. Your game should speak for itself. Earn it young fella, earn it.

eDush
07-30-2017, 02:10 PM
If you need to ask, then you never understand. Lebron didn't want him on his team and after seeing how Kyrie wanted out, you think it be like it never happened :nod:

Or maybe he knew Wiggins would have to go to acquire Love? Doesn't mean he has something against Wiggins as a player.He's not old enough to know at the time and felt dejected emotionally after he was looking foreword to playing with Lebron. He could have sent Kyrie for Love if he had known Kyrie wanted to be the man at that time and not now :(

eDush
07-30-2017, 02:19 PM
To be fair, his max isn't true max. So it's probably closer to market value than not. I mean, back up bigs are making $17m in some cases.It was his true max at the time and even if players are coming off the bench, they still play a critical role on the team in winning :nod:

Not necessarily Bigs nor is there anything against them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2017, 03:19 PM
Wiggins will get the max. But can Wolves pay everyone? Kat should be getting a max extension right after Wiggins. KAT is more deserving. Then you got Dieng tied up in that long contract. Then Butler will be needing a super max deal in 2019/20 season. Also Teague free agent same time. Be interesting how Wolves keep the future together money wise before they get trucking along. This could very well be a pit stop for Butler. He did want Lakers long time ago before he took that contract from the Bulls. He was so tempted to take QO and bolt to LA.

Wisdom Listens
07-30-2017, 04:54 PM
This thread is cancer.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-30-2017, 10:15 PM
Ask most people in the league and they want to get paid as much as they can.

Hustla23
07-31-2017, 06:41 AM
Wiggins is a good scorer, an athletic freak, but a bad basketball player. His issues (lack of playmaking, defense, relative inefficiency compared to the league's stars) likely stem from poor IQ.

The Wolves would be smart to aggressively shop him and deal him before the pay raise. He's still only 22 so he has a lot of perceived value I would imagine.

If they could swing a deal of something like Wiggins + Dieng + multiple firsts for Kyrie + J.R. then they should do it.

mike_noodles
07-31-2017, 07:14 AM
I try to keep my responses basically simple by choice due to the constant trolling being exhibited in the main forum. You can't take things too personally or seriously on here so if someone calls me stupid which some of my postings seem to suggest, I just shrug it off and move on likely followed by a quip response with a :nod:

I'd like to introduce you to kettle.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-31-2017, 09:35 AM
Wiggins is a good scorer, an athletic freak, but a bad basketball player. His issues (lack of playmaking, defense, relative inefficiency compared to the league's stars) likely stem from poor IQ.

The Wolves would be smart to aggressively shop him and deal him before the pay raise. He's still only 22 so he has a lot of perceived value I would imagine.

If they could swing a deal of something like Wiggins + Dieng + multiple firsts for Kyrie + J.R. then they should do it.

Gorgui Dieng $14,112,360 $15,170,787 $16,229,213 $17,287,640

Dieng is pretty much negative value to be a throw in. Especially if its a package deal with Wiggin's fetching a max deal.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 09:39 AM

Dieng is pretty much negative value to be a throw in. Especially if its a package deal with Wiggin's fetching a max deal.

Dieng is actually a lot better than you think. I consider the entire league an overpay haha, but Dieng's contract isn't that bad.

If you want to compete for 50-55 wins, you go over the cap. That is just how it is, unless you are lucky and have a couple studs on rookie deals, or deals where they are way underpaid..

IndyRealist
07-31-2017, 10:02 AM

Dieng suffers playing next to KAT. If anything, he should be asking for a trade to salvage his career.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-31-2017, 10:03 AM
Dieng is actually a lot better than you think. I consider the entire league an overpay haha, but Dieng's contract isn't that bad.

If you want to compete for 50-55 wins, you go over the cap. That is just how it is, unless you are lucky and have a couple studs on rookie deals, or deals where they are way underpaid..

Not that good either. Heck I thought John Henson contract was putrid.

John Henson $11,422,536 $10,577,466 $9,732,396

Never over pay for a role player. It comes back to bite ya. Bucks already know that with our bench for Delly, Telly, Henson and now Snell.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 10:14 AM
Not that good either. Heck I thought John Henson contract was putrid.

John Henson $11,422,536 $10,577,466 $9,732,396

Never over pay for a role player. It comes back to bite ya. Bucks already know that with our bench for Delly, Telly, Henson and now Snell.

Predicting the contract will bite us now, is a bit hasty. Dieng is absolutely tradeable.

Like I said, he is better than you think too. Borderline starter, and look at some of the money given to guys like that. It's not a good contract, but it's not bad either.

By the time Butler needs to be re-signed, Dieng can be moved if necessary, pretty easily.

cheetos185
07-31-2017, 10:18 AM
Andrew Wiggins doesn't deserve max contract it's ridiculous how overpaid this players are on empty stats.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

RowBTrice
07-31-2017, 10:32 AM
I want one too!!!!

IndyRealist
07-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Andrew Wiggins doesn't deserve max contract it's ridiculous how overpaid this players are on empty stats.

He'll get paid strictly on PPG. That's how it's always been. Ask Stephon Marbury.

FlashBolt
07-31-2017, 09:52 PM
It's obvious. Blatantly obvious. If you want to get paid a max contract, pray you end up in a below average team and start scoring. If you hit above 20 PPG and can shoot just around 37-40%, you're guaranteed a max contract. You don't even have to defend, create plays, or rebound. Look at some of these guys getting paid. Harrison Barnes sucks but he's getting paid on the contrary. Wiggins wants to get paid? You're on the wrong team. You need to be playing for the Kings.

LaVar Ball
08-01-2017, 05:48 AM
I want a pony.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-01-2017, 11:38 AM
Bucks will be in the same boat soon enough with Parker coming off of two ACL injuries. Most us Bucks fans hoping Parker takes a huge discount kinda like what Curry did back in the day with ankle injuries. Middleton on a bargain contract of 3 years yet but third year is a player option. He will opt out for the max as well soon enough.

lakers squad
08-01-2017, 02:53 PM
I don't think he's worth the max, but he's a good young player...Fact is tho, if the wolves don't give him the max I would be willing to bet that there is a couple teams that would. Now if your the wolves if you can't get a player equal to him in free agency for less, (And I don't think they can) then you have to give it to him!

Hawkeye15
08-01-2017, 03:24 PM
I don't think he's worth the max, but he's a good young player...Fact is tho, if the wolves don't give him the max I would be willing to bet that there is a couple teams that would. Now if your the wolves if you can't get a player equal to him in free agency for less, (And I don't think they can) then you have to give it to him!

espn brought up a good example. Utah didn't give Hayward the max and he ended up leaving them, something they regretted. Even though he wasn't worth it at the time, it's a risk a small market team can't take.

I hate the idea of Wiggins getting a huge deal. But I also hate pissing him off, and him leaving.

I am kinda unsure on this. Wiggins is not even a good player, let alone max. But he still shows the potential to be really good. I don't think he ever comes close to his ceiling, but even if he becomes a borderline all star, he is worth overpaying a bit.

dhopisthename
08-01-2017, 05:51 PM
espn brought up a good example. Utah didn't give Hayward the max and he ended up leaving them, something they regretted. Even though he wasn't worth it at the time, it's a risk a small market team can't take.

I hate the idea of Wiggins getting a huge deal. But I also hate pissing him off, and him leaving.

I am kinda unsure on this. Wiggins is not even a good player, let alone max. But he still shows the potential to be really good. I don't think he ever comes close to his ceiling, but even if he becomes a borderline all star, he is worth overpaying a bit.

although Hayward was older and played way worse than wiggins is even now. it shows that sometimes you have to pay for potential.

M.I.A.
08-01-2017, 06:00 PM
Wiggins had 23.6 ppg in 32 min. per game. He's worth max easy.

eDush
08-01-2017, 09:56 PM

I am kinda unsure on this. Wiggins is not even a good player, let alone max. But he still shows the potential to be really good. I don't think he ever comes close to his ceiling, but even if he becomes a borderline all star, he is worth overpaying a bit.I thought he was offered the max since he didn't qualify for the super. If so, they did themselves in but I like to see the actual link to that claim. I know he wasn't happy that they signed Rubio instead of resigning his boy Hill as they have the same trainer :nod:

eDush
08-01-2017, 10:16 PM

He'll get paid strictly on PPG. That's how it's always been. Ask Stephon Marbury.Then why did Barnes got the max? He avg 5 points in the finals when told to take over.

eDush
08-01-2017, 10:20 PM
It's obvious. Blatantly obvious. If you want to get paid a max contract, pray you end up in a below average team and start scoring. If you hit above 20 PPG and can shoot just around 37-40%, you're guaranteed a max contract. You don't even have to defend, create plays, or rebound. Look at some of these guys getting paid. Harrison Barnes sucks but he's getting paid on the contrary. Wiggins wants to get paid? You're on the wrong team. You need to be playing for the Kings.Wrong. Barnes avg 5 points in the final series when they allow him to take over since Steph was hurt but he got the max. Maybe cause he can defend bigs and wings well but not a scorer. He scoring now cause they run plays for him most of the game like duh.

So your thesis is not full proof :no:

FlashBolt
08-02-2017, 02:08 AM
Wrong. Barnes avg 5 points in the final series when they allow him to take over since Steph was hurt but he got the max. Maybe cause he can defend bigs and wings well but not a scorer. He scoring now cause they run plays for him most of the game like duh.

It is full proof if you actually read what I wrote.

JAZZNC
08-02-2017, 02:41 AM
I thought he was offered the max since he didn't qualify for the super. If so, they did themselves in but I like to see the actual link to that claim. I know he wasn't happy that they signed Rubio instead of resigning his boy Hill as they have the same trainer :nod:

Why do you keep insisting that Hill and Hayward we're "boys"? There is literally no proof of that whatsoever but you keep saying it every chance you get?

Anyway, I don't know about the max thing with Hayward. I know he got a max offer from the Hornets and the Jazz matched. He wasn't a max player at the time and was coming off a really pitiful year so he was NOT worth a max at the time but they matched anyway. Don't really know how he could have been pissed about that 3yrs later but whatever.

Is Wiggins worth a max? No, he really just scores but if he can transform himself the way Hayward did he could prove the worth of that max by the end of it. You almost have to give it to him because Minny isn't likely to attract another player of his caliber/potential in free agency...plus you have to do whatever you have to do to keep Towns happy. Keeping the big man interested in your franchise is the most important thing here.

eDush
08-02-2017, 05:40 AM
I thought he was offered the max since he didn't qualify for the super. If so, they did themselves in but I like to see the actual link to that claim. I know he wasn't happy that they signed Rubio instead of resigning his boy Hill as they have the same trainer :nod:

Why do you keep insisting that Hill and Hayward we're "boys"? There is literally no proof of that whatsoever but you keep saying it every chance you get?

Anyway, I don't know about the max thing with Hayward. I know he got a max offer from the Hornets and the Jazz matched. He wasn't a max player at the time and was coming off a really pitiful year so he was NOT worth a max at the time but they matched anyway. Don't really know how he could have been pissed about that 3yrs later but whatever.

Is Wiggins worth a max? No, he really just scores but if he can transform himself the way Hayward did he could prove the worth of that max by the end of it. You almost have to give it to him because Minny isn't likely to attract another player of his caliber/potential in free agency...plus you have to do whatever you have to do to keep Towns happy. Keeping the big man interested in your franchise is the most important thing here.There are enough info from more than one source to support it as they both have strong ties from Indy along with the same trainer so why would I make things up like a homer? I have nothing to gain from this one way or another since they're not my team nor do I like Utah.
https://thejnotes.com/2017/06/28/utah-jazz-rumors-gordon-hayward-wants-jazz-retain-george-hill/

Gordon wanted them to resigned Hill by given them enough hints without actually saying it publicly cause he doesn't want to force their hand. No real professional would. They chose to ignore those hints and went on another direction so don't bother saying he wanted to play with Rubio just cause he was put on the spot by a beat reporter who ask for his opinion after the fact, trust me :nod:

eDush
08-02-2017, 05:42 AM
Wrong. Barnes avg 5 points in the final series when they allow him to take over since Steph was hurt but he got the max. Maybe cause he can defend bigs and wings well but not a scorer. He scoring now cause they run plays for him most of the game like duh.

It is full proof if you actually read what I wrote.I did and if you have proof which you don't, it wouldn't be a thesis now would it? :pity:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
08-02-2017, 10:29 AM
The Minnesota Timberwolves have made an extension offer to Andrew Wiggins.
As a member of the 2014 draft class, Wiggins is eligible for his rookie scale extension.
Wiggins can sign a five-year deal worth as much as approximately $148 million.
Darren Wolfson/1500 ESPN

For what its worth.

IndyRealist
08-02-2017, 12:04 PM
Then why did Barnes got the max? He avg 5 points in the finals when told to take over.

I didn't say EVERYONE gets paid strictly on ppg, I said Wiggins would. Volume scorers who do nothing else are vastly overrated and overpaid.

IndyRealist
08-02-2017, 12:06 PM
There are enough info from more than one source to support it as they both have strong ties from Indy along with the same trainer so why would I make things up like a homer? I have nothing to gain from this one way or another since they're not my team nor do I like Utah.
https://thejnotes.com/2017/06/28/utah-jazz-rumors-gordon-hayward-wants-jazz-retain-george-hill/

Gordon wanted them to resigned Hill by given them enough hints without actually saying it publicly cause he doesn't want to force their hand. No real professional would. They chose to ignore those hints and went on another direction so don't bother saying he wanted to play with Rubio just cause he was put on the spot by a beat reporter who ask for his opinion after the fact, trust me :nod:

They offerred George Hill 4yr, $80m. His agent told him he could get more. Hill has since fired that agent.

JAZZNC
08-02-2017, 04:19 PM
There are enough info from more than one source to support it as they both have strong ties from Indy along with the same trainer so why would I make things up like a homer? I have nothing to gain from this one way or another since they're not my team nor do I like Utah.

Strong ties from Indy=Both played basketball there at one point in their life.
Same trainer=Nothing more than coincidence.
The article you linked is nothing more than what any idiot could surmise...of course he wanted him resigned bc there weren't other options. And like somebody else already stated they didn't ignore the hints, Hill turned down the Jazz offer and ended up having to settle for less and looked like an idiot(hence firing his agent). Probably should stop talking about stuff you obviously know nothing about. But you believe your own BS so I'll just wait for your next rambling post with a stupid, unnecessary smiley emoticon at the end.

FlashBolt
08-02-2017, 04:30 PM
I did and if you have proof which you don't, it wouldn't be a thesis now would it? :pity:

1) Harrison Barnes wasn't on a below average team.
2) Many teams felt HB's value was much higher since he was limited in the Warriors playing behind Curry, Klay, and Dray.
3) I already told you that even HB could get a lucrative contract despite how bad he was... So I'm not sure what exactly you're arguing against.
4) "Then why did HB get max when he averaged 5 points in the Finals." Buddy, I'm talking about the regular season. By your logic, only 30 players should get paid in the NBA since the rest of the league averages ZERO points in the Finals.
5) Harrison Barnes is averaging more points because he's taking more shots since he's on a team in which he has to become more of a focal point. What's so difficult to understand? You make it seem as if I am defending HB when I'm doing the complete opposite.

eDush
08-02-2017, 06:39 PM
I did and if you have proof which you don't, it wouldn't be a thesis now would it? :pity:

1) Harrison Barnes wasn't on a below average team.
2) Many teams felt HB's value was much higher since he was limited in the Warriors playing behind Curry, Klay, and Dray.
3) I already told you that even HB could get a lucrative contract despite how bad he was... So I'm not sure what exactly you're arguing against.
4) "Then why did HB get max when he averaged 5 points in the Finals." Buddy, I'm talking about the regular season. By your logic, only 30 players should get paid in the NBA since the rest of the league averages ZERO points in the Finals.
5) Harrison Barnes is averaging more points because he's taking more shots since he's on a team in which he has to become more of a focal point. What's so difficult to understand? You make it seem as if I am defending HB when I'm doing the complete opposite.First off he demanded the max unlike our better players whose willing to take less but i can't score on a great team and choke. Mavs was the only team willing to offer him the max which is why he went there duh. He scores when they run thru him on offense all game. Most players can score if they get the same treatment and they don't need to make max money to do it. He can't create like his lovers like you are making like he can so your proofs are wrong again :nod:

FlashBolt
08-02-2017, 08:08 PM
First off he demanded the max unlike our better players whose willing to take less but i can't score on a great team and choke. Mavs was the only team willing to offer him the max which is why he went there duh. He scores when they run thru him on offense all game. Most players can score if they get the same treatment and they don't need to make max money to do it. He can't create like his lovers like you are making like he can so your proofs are wrong again :nod:

Oh, I understand all right. Let me check that ignore option. You are just hilariously stupid.

LA_Raiders
08-02-2017, 09:29 PM
I bet he wants it; but He does not deserve a max yet. He has not proved much.

KnickaBocka.44
08-03-2017, 12:35 AM
It's really a non-starter because another team will offer it to him and there's no way Minny won't match.

Romeo Naes
08-03-2017, 12:47 AM
I didn't say EVERYONE gets paid strictly on ppg, I said Wiggins would. Volume scorers who do nothing else are vastly overrated and overpaid.

Everyone and their mothers these days is getting a max contract.

eDush
08-03-2017, 01:14 AM
First off he demanded the max unlike our better players whose willing to take less but i can't score on a great team and choke. Mavs was the only team willing to offer him the max which is why he went there duh. He scores when they run thru him on offense all game. Most players can score if they get the same treatment and they don't need to make max money to do it. He can't create like his lovers like you are making like he can so your proofs are wrong again :nod:

Oh, I understand all right. Let me check that ignore option. You are just hilariously stupid.Okay I will only answer number two - the only people who think Barnes is better than he has shown are Barnes lovers, going so far as to argue that he continues to improve every season when he has regressed every year since his rookie season. You can't reason with these people as they become irrational due to their love for him. If he was so sought after, why didn't he gotten more max offers. Maybe Dallas offer it to him so they won't offer Parson the max which the owner wanted to but Dirk put some sense into him. And speaking of Dallas, there were 5 so called 3 and D players who played on contending teams that were FA the season before yet only Matthews received the max and you guess it, from the Mavs. Why didn't those other players get their max and they played better than Barnes in the playoffs. And how would you know Barnes would average 20 points with his new team after he got his max? You don't but the Mavs owner loved him regardless of his regressive play and then they run plays for him to justify his salary as a max player. And personally I am happy for Barnes that he got his max since I generally side with players over management most of the time especially here since he was a Dub after all :nod:
https://www.si.com/nba/2016/06/17/harrison-barnes-golden-state-warriors-max-contract

Your other points are valid to fit your narrative on players playing on bad teams avg over 20 points like Wiggins will likely get a max even though he doesn't deserve it imo as his game hasn't shown much improvement also. Otto Porter on the other hand has improved every season even though you see many people here arguing he doesn't deserve it when he most definitely does which I have stated many times on here and that's why he received multiple offers from teams making rational decision which he deserve regardless and most likely will avg 20 points playing on a subpar team based on his continuing improved play which wasn't seen from your lover but what do I know.

And if you're going to use the ignore option then do it instead of pretending you are but won't cause you seem inspired to read my insights.
:ohno:

Vinylman
08-03-2017, 03:26 PM
It's really a non-starter because another team will offer it to him and there's no way Minny won't match.

yep... minny should wait because they can offer one less year if they match

Silent
08-03-2017, 05:08 PM
Pretty soon the Refs and Commentators will want max contracts

TrueFan420
08-04-2017, 09:07 AM
I wouldn't be shocked... I know there's plenty of fans, myself included, that want a max contract.

eDush
08-05-2017, 10:56 AM
I wouldn't be shocked... I know there's plenty of fans, myself included, that want a max contract.Then you are no different then Barnes and not true Dubs fans who are not greedy and willing to make sacrifices in order to win. I fully understand what it means to be a Dubs and would not want anything close to the max even if I was offered it. I will do whatever it takes to keep the core together while you want the max like Barnes after showing regressive play if you can even play or contribute somehow.

It's the Dubs way that hopefully you can understand some day as a Dubs fan like me :nod: