PDA

View Full Version : Which teams are done with their off-season?

Scoots
07-27-2017, 10:31 PM
With JaVale re-signing, the Warriors have lost Ian Clark, James Michael McAdoo, and Matt Barnes. They added Nick Young, Omri Casspi, and Jordan Bell.

This is the first year they haven't lost a coach in the off-season in the last 4 years.

They hired a coach just for their 2-way players.

They have no injuries.

Things are going too smoothly, something is going to go really wrong next season.

Raps08-09 Champ
07-27-2017, 10:33 PM
Who gives a ****?

Scoots
07-27-2017, 10:38 PM
Who gives a ****?

LOL, I don't know. I just figured I'd post it because I had a sense of foreboding, and I was tired of talking Cavs all day.

Saddletramp
07-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Yeah, good job, Scoots.

KnicksorBust
07-27-2017, 11:04 PM
Lol what a troll thread. "My team the best team ever is doing great months before the season starts. Feel free to comment below." lmao

HandsOnTheWheel
07-27-2017, 11:07 PM
lol really?

WaDe03
07-27-2017, 11:09 PM
Too many front court players on the roster already imo so don't really need JaVale. We let Mo Buckets walk and he also played effectively for us in big games. We play our best with a small ball lineup and that's our true MO so I would have gotten another guard like Alford who showed me enough to fit well as Dubs off the bench reserve. And he game reminds me of a baby Mullin which is a good thing (and it's not due to his haircut).

Still a winning roster as I ever seen one :clap:

Alford can not make it in NBA because too small not athletic and one dimensional, trust me on this. :nod:

eDush
07-27-2017, 11:11 PM
With JaVale re-signing, the Warriors have lost Ian Clark, James Michael McAdoo, and Matt Barnes. They added Nick Young, Omri Casspi, and Jordan Bell.

This is the first year they haven't lost a coach in the off-season in the last 4 years.

They have no injuries.

Things are going too smoothly, something is going to go really wrong next season.Too many front court players on the roster already imo so don't really need JaVale. We let Mo Buckets walk and he also played effectively for us in big games. We play our best with a small ball lineup and that's our true MO so I would have gotten another guard like Alford who showed me enough to fit well as Dubs off the bench reserve. And he game reminds me of a baby Mullin which is a good thing (and it's not due to his haircut).

Still a winning roster as I ever seen one :clap:

eDush
07-27-2017, 11:15 PM
Lol what a troll thread. "My team the best team ever is doing great months before the season starts. Feel free to comment below." lmaoAll the constant Ball threads are more trolling then this one will ever be :nod:

Scoots
07-27-2017, 11:17 PM
Feel free to have at it :D

If it wasn't for the Cavs we would now be deep into the boring part of the offseason.

Vee-Rex
07-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Who gives a ****?

Lol what a troll thread. "My team the best team ever is doing great months before the season starts. Feel free to comment below." lmao

:laugh:

GREATNESS ONE
07-27-2017, 11:40 PM
Championship. Unless Curry or Durant have a season ending injury.

LaVar Ball
07-27-2017, 11:57 PM
Championship. Unless Curry or Durant have a season ending injury.

They'll be dominant, repeat, 3rd title in 4 yrs, but oh so predictable and have made the league oh so boring.

Honestly the Warriors were much more entertaining to watch without KD. Now it's just you know how it's gonna end up. Jack up 25 3 pointers a game, make 15 of them per game, drop 130 ppg, blah blah blah. KD really has taken the suspense and competition out of everything. Screw that guy.

lakerfan85
07-28-2017, 12:23 AM
I predict Curry breaks his ankle during the season and Draymond gets suspended for kicking multiple fans of opposing teams in the nuts.. Warriors repeat as champs..

Scoots
07-28-2017, 12:27 AM
Lol

LA_Raiders
07-28-2017, 12:28 AM
And they will win next year. The west is going to be fun to watch, the easy is worst than ever.

BKLYNpigeon
07-28-2017, 12:55 AM
Super teams are fun.

JAZZNC
07-28-2017, 01:09 AM
I do find it kind of hilarious how "outraged" all these people are about the Warriors but if it were their team they'd be telling everyone to suck it...**** I wish it were the Jazz, but alas I made terrible choices as a child on which teams to root for. I mean seriously who the hell picks the Jazz, Jets, Expos, and Wake Forest to cheer for?

PS-I do understand how annoying some of these arrogant, suddenly "I know everything about everything" Warriors fans can be.

LaVar Ball
07-28-2017, 01:33 AM
The Warriors would be a better overall team if they somehow were able to trade Steph and tried to acquire the #2 pick and selected Lonzo.

eDush
07-28-2017, 01:40 AM
The Warriors would be a better overall team if they somehow were able to trade Steph and tried to acquire the #2 pick and selected Lonzo.Lol go back to sleep like your son.

More-Than-Most
07-28-2017, 02:18 AM

What a troll thread... Scoots i have never ever been more proud of you than I am right now...Basically you just told everyone my team is better than your team so eat **** while we count championships... Sorry people Id rather have this kind of thread then some horse **** kind of thread where he comes in saying we lost this this and this and we are in trouble.

LaVar Ball
07-28-2017, 04:07 AM

They have no injuries.

Things are going too smoothly, something is going to go really wrong next season.

You posted this at 7:31.... 31

The Warriors blew a 3-1 lead in the NBA Finals.

mightybosstone
07-28-2017, 05:21 AM
Scoots, c'mon dude... If this was any other poster posting a thread about any other team completing its roster after resigning a role player of McGee's caliber, wouldn't you move this thread to that team's forum? Why should it be any different because it's the Warriors?

Htownballa1622
07-28-2017, 08:11 AM
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Kd is still a *****

Scoots
07-28-2017, 08:34 AM
I do find it kind of hilarious how "outraged" all these people are about the Warriors but if it were their team they'd be telling everyone to suck it...**** I wish it were the Jazz, but alas I made terrible choices as a child on which teams to root for. I mean seriously who the hell picks the Jazz, Jets, Expos, and Wake Forest to cheer for?

PS-I do understand how annoying some of these arrogant, suddenly "I know everything about everything" Warriors fans can be.

That is a bizarre collection of teams. :)

Scoots
07-28-2017, 08:36 AM
The Warriors would be a better overall team if they somehow were able to trade Steph and tried to acquire the #2 pick and selected Lonzo.

Lonza should just go ahead and take over the Lakers and sign the rest of his family. The Balls will dominate.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Scoots, c'mon dude... If this was any other poster posting a thread about any other team completing its roster after resigning a role player of McGee's caliber, wouldn't you move this thread to that team's forum? Why should it be any different because it's the Warriors?

Seriously, I posted it just to get something happening here. I just wanted to talk about anything other than the Cavs ... the NBA forum has become the Cavs forum. Once everyone is done it'll fade away :)

If the Warriors win the title next year they'll be 3-1 in finals.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 08:39 AM

What a troll thread... Scoots i have never ever been more proud of you than I am right now...Basically you just told everyone my team is better than your team so eat **** while we count championships... Sorry people Id rather have this kind of thread then some horse **** kind of thread where he comes in saying we lost this this and this and we are in trouble.

Ian Clark can't be signed now, the Warriors are doomed!

mightybosstone
07-28-2017, 09:12 AM
Seriously, I posted it just to get something happening here. I just wanted to talk about anything other than the Cavs ... the NBA forum has become the Cavs forum. Once everyone is done it'll fade away :)

If the Warriors win the title next year they'll be 3-1 in finals.
Ok. But then come up with a better idea for a thread than this. You have some journalism background, right? What's the newsworthiness of this thread? If this was an article, who would give a damn outside of Warriors fans the way you framed this conversation? You basically created a thread whose sole audience is Warriors fans.

If the thread had posed a question about the Warriors chances to win 70+ games again or how many titles people thought this core would end up with or who people thought was the biggest threat to the Warriors, those threads would have had value. But this thread just comes off as a self-serving Warriors love fest trolling all non-Warriors fans on PSD.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 09:33 AM
Ok. But then come up with a better idea for a thread than this. You have some journalism background, right? What's the newsworthiness of this thread? If this was an article, who would give a damn outside of Warriors fans the way you framed this conversation? You basically created a thread whose sole audience is Warriors fans.

If the thread had posed a question about the Warriors chances to win 70+ games again or how many titles people thought this core would end up with or who people thought was the biggest threat to the Warriors, those threads would have had value. But this thread just comes off as a self-serving Warriors love fest trolling all non-Warriors fans on PSD.

Okay. I'll close the thread if you want me to.

I didn't create it to gloat, just couldn't come up with something to talk about non-cavs related at this point in the off-season ... in the doldrums. Then JaVale signed and I figured I might as well create a thread just to stir up some talk.

How about that the Warriors signed Cleveland for a camp invite ... Antonius Cleveland, the 6'6" guard from Southeast Missouri State!

Please feel free to create your own threads where we can talk about something else.

WaDe03
07-28-2017, 09:35 AM
We need more Wade threads......

sep11ie
07-28-2017, 09:48 AM
Are there any Warrior fans that aren't annoying as hell?

Scoots
07-28-2017, 09:53 AM

Yes, but they are hard to find it seems. :)

sep11ie
07-28-2017, 09:56 AM
This is why PSD sucks now. Mods decide who can troll and who can't.

WaDe03
07-28-2017, 09:59 AM

Don't talk about PSD like that! :mad:

Scoots
07-28-2017, 10:12 AM

1. I didn't create this post to troll. It was pointless, but not trolling.
2. The NBA forum has plenty of mild trolling to go around and most of them are allowed to be as annoying as they like.

tucksoe
07-28-2017, 10:28 AM
A lot more people hate on the warriors non stop then warriors fans in this forum. Way more annoying

eDush
07-28-2017, 10:31 AM
We need more Wade threads......I bet Wade would be embarrassed knowing a troll like you is posting about him constantly. Don't worry...he won't know unlike Lonzo's dad sharing all these threads gushing how great his son was during SL since he seem to post here as well :facepalm:

cmellofan15
07-28-2017, 10:45 AM
Lmao everyone is SO butt hurt because there was a thread created about the defending champs and their offseason??

Yeah how about we go back to talking about the summer league GOAT Lonzo Ball and tweets about Carmelo :rolleyes:

WaDe03
07-28-2017, 11:02 AM
I bet Wade would be embarrassed knowing a troll like you is posting about him constantly. Don't worry...he won't know unlike Lonzo's dad sharing all these threads gushing how great his son was during SL since he seem to post here as well :facepalm:

I need you to trust me on this. :nod:

PowerHouse
07-28-2017, 11:38 AM
They have no injuries.

:facepalm:
No ****. Its the off-season, why would they?

Scoots
07-28-2017, 12:07 PM
:facepalm:
No ****. Its the off-season, why would they?

A lot of teams have players end the season missing games injured. Brandon Knight has an ACL injury and it's the off-season.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-28-2017, 12:31 PM

They have no injuries.

Bucks are reportedly interested in Clark. Also the Bucks didn't send in the paper work yet of the Snell signing to the league. So maybe that will be handed in last for Bird rights to go over the cap. Then still chase after Clark signing or bring back Beasley/Jet. ring any other major trades.

LaVar Ball
07-28-2017, 01:09 PM
I bet Wade would be embarrassed knowing a troll like you is posting about him constantly. Don't worry...he won't know unlike Lonzo's dad sharing all these threads gushing how great his son was during SL since he seem to post here as well :facepalm:

You raaaaannngggg????

Scoots
07-28-2017, 02:00 PM
Bucks are reportedly interested in Clark. Also the Bucks didn't send in the paper work yet of the Snell signing to the league. So maybe that will be handed in last for Bird rights to go over the cap. Then still chase after Clark signing or bring back Beasley/Jet. ring any other major trades.

I like Clark. Good shooter, ball handler, decision maker, passer, cutter, defender ... not great at anything and sometimes forgets to be aggressive. Perfect backup guard.

KB24PG16
07-28-2017, 02:16 PM
this isn't thread worthy, trust me on this :nod:

Toxeryll
07-28-2017, 03:12 PM
This thread deserves a :facepalm:

To think a mod created this lmao

Scoots
07-28-2017, 04:19 PM
this isn't thread worthy, trust me on this :nod:

So create a better thread! Please.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 04:19 PM
This thread deserves a :facepalm:

To think a mod created this lmao

So create a better thread!

HandsOnTheWheel
07-28-2017, 06:43 PM
Surprised to see a mod behaving like that.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 06:45 PM
Surprised to see a mod behaving like that.

Create a new thread for a new discussion. And if you want this thread to drop off stop posting in it :)

Chronz
07-28-2017, 07:10 PM
I hope you're right op. Hopefully karma strikes kd

COOLbeans
07-28-2017, 07:20 PM
Good insight by scoots. Another solid Warrior offseason, can't wait for the season to start!

Scoots
07-28-2017, 07:29 PM
I hope you're right op. Hopefully karma strikes kd

It did. He helped the community, stayed out of trouble, was a good son, and won a title. Karma.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 07:30 PM
Are any other teams done with the offseason?

Chronz
07-28-2017, 08:10 PM
It did. He helped the community, stayed out of trouble, was a good son, and won a title. Karma.
No that's the moment he sold his soul( think of a Katie Perry). Of course he won, here's hoping he gets his come uppance soon

5ass
07-28-2017, 08:32 PM
The Magic are done. Signed Shelvin mack anf Simmons for like 6 mill/yr each, afflalo+speights for vet minimum each. Solid offseason i think.

COOLbeans
07-28-2017, 11:14 PM
The Magic are done. Signed Shelvin mack anf Simmons for like 6 mill/yr each, afflalo+speights for vet minimum each. Solid offseason i think.

Afflalo had one of his best seasons with the Magic and Speights coming home should only be a net positive for them.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:15 AM

They are at 15 spots filled ... do they have any 2-way contracts signed?

goingfor28
07-29-2017, 01:46 AM
That is a bizarre collection of teams. :)I'm the same way. Yankees, Vikings, Clippers, Tar Heels.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

5ass
07-29-2017, 11:23 AM
Afflalo had one of his best seasons with the Magic and Speights coming home should only be a net positive for them.

Yeah hopefully he doesnt play selfish to try and secure a bigger contract next year.

5ass
07-29-2017, 11:24 AM
They are at 15 spots filled ... do they have any 2-way contracts signed?

Im not sure what are the new rules when it comes to roster spots and two way contracts?

Scoots
07-29-2017, 12:23 PM
Im not sure what are the new rules when it comes to roster spots and two way contracts?

15 regular contracts and 2 2-way contracts and the big team can pay extra for 4 g-league affiliate invitees. I believe only 13 active for each game. The guys with 2-way contracts can be called up to the big team anytime without having to clear one of the 15 roster spots, but once they get to 45 days with the big team they have to become members of the big team or, I guess, cut. The 4 g-league affiliates can only be called up to the NBA team if one of the 15 spots is open for them to slide into with a 10-day contract or a regular contract.

15 max regular NBA contracts
2 2-way contracts for g-league players who can fill in with the big team
4 affiliate contracts as bonuses for some players to join the g-league team

Total of 21 contracts.

Max number of players for training camp is 20. Silver should fix that.

5ass
07-29-2017, 12:49 PM
Thanks

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:04 PM
Thanks

I guess I should have mentioned that the 15 big team contract players can be sent to the g-league team and back at any time with no restriction.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-29-2017, 01:30 PM
Bucks are pretty much done barring any trades. Already maxed 15 roster and 2 guys signed for G League Herd team. Payton II is nonguaranteed so he could be waived to open a spot for the regular 15 player roster. Also Snell's contract wasn't handed into the league yet. Probably sent in last. So were under the tax yet before its sent in. The MLE if in the tax is like $5.3M. Not sure what the MLE is if under the tax. Is it like $8.4M? Beasley and Jet are free agents yet. But no roster spots. Plus Moose and Henson are on the trade block yet. Also rumored we dangle Parker in Irving talks. Bucks been linked to Ian Clark as well.

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 01:44 PM
Bucks are pretty much done barring any trades. Already maxed 15 roster and 2 guys signed for G League Herd team. Payton II is nonguaranteed so he could be waived to open a spot for the regular 15 player roster. Also Snell's contract wasn't handed into the league yet. Probably sent in last. So were under the tax yet before its sent in. The MLE if in the tax is like $5.3M. Not sure what the MLE is if under the tax. Is it like $8.4M? Beasley and Jet are free agents yet. But no roster spots. Plus Moose and Henson are on the trade block yet. Also rumored we dangle Parker in Irving talks. Bucks been linked to Ian Clark as well.

I would love to see Milwaukee deal for Kyrie, even if it means giving up 2-3 pieces of their current core. I really like a lot of the pieces on the Bucks' roster, but they still feel like pieces to me. Guys like Parker, Middleton and Brogdon have a very high floor, but their ceilings seem to be just above average starters to me. They're in a position now where they could add a second superstar piece to Giannis and actually compete to win the conference next year.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 01:51 PM

Soooo ... almost done but maybe not done at all :)

eDush
07-29-2017, 01:51 PM
Bucks are pretty much done barring any trades. Already maxed 15 roster and 2 guys signed for G League Herd team. Payton II is nonguaranteed so he could be waived to open a spot for the regular 15 player roster. Also Snell's contract wasn't handed into the league yet. Probably sent in last. So were under the tax yet before its sent in. The MLE if in the tax is like $5.3M. Not sure what the MLE is if under the tax. Is it like $8.4M? Beasley and Jet are free agents yet. But no roster spots. Plus Moose and Henson are on the trade block yet. Also rumored we dangle Parker in Irving talks. Bucks been linked to Ian Clark as well.Middleton is a better fit than Parker for the Cavs due to his shooting ability are as good as Kyrie minus the other intangibles that Kyrie are better at. Parker is also injury prone. Any offer would have to start there plus Patton as I like his upside down the road. I like Shell but he's overpaid now so forget it. And include Ian if he signs with them lol. They can keep their Maker.
Throw some top picks and it be acceptable :nod:

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 01:55 PM
As for the Rockets, I have zero clue if their offseason is over or not. I still feel good about their chances to add Melo. but if they don't do it, I'm still more than satisfied with what Morey has done this offseason. He's built a team that is more dangerous and not only more talented at the top, but that feels deeper as well.

They lost a lot of their depth in the Paul trade, but Paul is just a massive upgrade over Beverley. And while I'll genuinely miss him in a Rockets jersey (he's easily one of my two favorite Rockets of the last 5-6 years), I'm not going to miss Lou Will, Dekker or Harrell that much. I feel much better about their bench now with guys like Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Black. Their front court depth is certainly superior to what it was last year. And I think some of the young guys at the end of the rotation like Isaiah Taylor and Troy Williams could feasibly contribute and crack the guard rotation at some point this season.

I would still like to see them add a fourth guard to replace Lou Will's production and back up Paul in case of injury, but I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor steps up and becomes that guy. They also just signed Demetrius Jackson to a two-way deal, a really athletic point guard out of Notre Dame who I was really high on going into the draft last year.

Scoots
07-29-2017, 02:19 PM
As for the Rockets, I have zero clue if their offseason is over or not. I still feel good about their chances to add Melo. but if they don't do it, I'm still more than satisfied with what Morey has done this offseason. He's built a team that is more dangerous and not only more talented at the top, but that feels deeper as well.

They lost a lot of their depth in the Paul trade, but Paul is just a massive upgrade over Beverley. And while I'll genuinely miss him in a Rockets jersey (he's easily one of my two favorite Rockets of the last 5-6 years), I'm not going to miss Lou Will, Dekker or Harrell that much. I feel much better about their bench now with guys like Tucker, Mbah a Moute and Black. Their front court depth is certainly superior to what it was last year. And I think some of the young guys at the end of the rotation like Isaiah Taylor and Troy Williams could feasibly contribute and crack the guard rotation at some point this season.

I would still like to see them add a fourth guard to replace Lou Will's production and back up Paul in case of injury, but I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor steps up and becomes that guy. They also just signed Demetrius Jackson to a two-way deal, a really athletic point guard out of Notre Dame who I was really high on going into the draft last year.

I don't watch them as much as you but I felt Dekker and Harrell had more potential than Mbah a Moute and Black.

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 02:38 PM
I don't watch them as much as you but I felt Dekker and Harrell had more potential than Mbah a Moute and Black.

Potential? Sure. But they were wildly inconsistent. Harrell was a spark plug off the bench, but for a guy as strong as he is, he sucks on the glass and just makes so many mental mistakes on the defensive side of the ball. If Black can simply be average defensively and on the glass, it would be an improvement. There's a reason why Harrell didn't play against the Spurs even after Nene went down.

As for Dekker, the guy showed some promise last season considering it was essentially his rookie year, but he was even less consistent than Harrell. He was nothing special defensively, and there was just way too many times where he would completely disappear on offense or clank wide open 3-point shots the team really needed him to hit. I think he grows into a pretty solid glue guy, but he's got a lot of growing to do before he gets there. Also, I think it's worth noting that Tucker will really be getting more of Dekker's minutes than Mbah a Moute. And Tucker gives them so much more value out of their bench forward by being able to defend multiple positions.

I liked both of those guys, though, and I hope they go on to be solid NBA players. But sometimes I think contending teams just need consistency out of their rotation more than they need potential. The Rockets needed more Iguodalas and Livingstons off their bench more than they needed Patrick McCaws.

COOLbeans
07-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Yeah hopefully he doesnt play selfish to try and secure a bigger contract next year.

He probably will, that just seems like his personality. He appears to be a dreamer, never really satisfied kind of a guy. He's not bod he just doesn't have a defined role

goingfor28
07-29-2017, 11:01 PM
I don't watch them as much as you but I felt Dekker and Harrell had more potential than Mbah a Moute and Black.Mbah a Moute is a solid defender. He will fit in very well with Houston.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LaVar Ball
07-30-2017, 12:57 AM
Lakers had a great offseason

Lost: D'Angelo Russell, Timofey Mozghov, Metta World Peace, Thomas Robinson, Nick Young, Tarik Black, David Nwaba

Added: Lonzo Ball, Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, Thomas Bryant, Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Alex Caruso, Brook Lopez

eDush
07-30-2017, 04:23 AM

He probably will, that just seems like his personality. He appears to be a dreamer, never really satisfied kind of a guy. He's not bod he just doesn't have a defined roleThat's pretty much it in a nutshell on him :nod:

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-30-2017, 12:22 PM
Middleton is a better fit than Parker for the Cavs due to his shooting ability are as good as Kyrie minus the other intangibles that Kyrie are better at. Parker is also injury prone. Any offer would have to start there plus Patton as I like his upside down the road. I like Shell but he's overpaid now so forget it. And include Ian if he signs with them lol. They can keep their Maker.
Throw some top picks and it be acceptable :nod:

Patton? Bucks drafted Wilson and Brown.