PDA

View Full Version : Bigger drop off next year?

More-Than-Most
07-27-2017, 01:52 AM
who has the bigger statistical drop off next year between harden and westy?

FlashBolt
07-27-2017, 12:15 PM
PG doesn't demand the ball as much as CP3 will so I'm going with Harden here. It'll still be very high considering the system. Only issue with me in regards to Harden is I hope he uses the breaks offensively to play some defense. He really has no more excuses. If CP3 handles the ball, he should at least play some defense.

Scoots
07-27-2017, 12:22 PM
Which stat?

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 12:32 PM
I think Westbrook. Just seems so hard and tiring to do what he did last season. Has to take a toll on you. Harden doesn't look like he exerts much energy. lol

KnicksorBust
07-27-2017, 12:54 PM
I think this one is clearly Harden for the following reasons:

#1.) Chris Paul can run an offense.
#2.) Harden's "gravity" has more weight off the ball than Westbrook.
#3.) Westbrook will always run the offense in OKC.
#4.) Still a good chance Melo ends up in Houston so that is another big piece to split touches with in Houston.

KnicksorBust
07-27-2017, 12:55 PM
I think Westbrook. Just seems so hard and tiring to do what he did last season. Has to take a toll on you. Harden doesn't look like he exerts much energy. lol

One of the 5 best basketball athletes in the world in his prime. He will be fine.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 12:58 PM
One of the 5 best basketball athletes in the world in his prime. He will be fine.

He will be fine, I just think with PG 13 there he will go back to more of a 2015-2016 stat line.

mrblisterdundee
07-27-2017, 01:34 PM
Harden's being joined by the Point God, whereas Westbrook's being joined by a shooter who plays more off the ball. Shouldn't the answer be obvious?

Lil Rhody
07-27-2017, 01:37 PM
IT4 is the real answer here

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 02:17 PM
So, this question is almost impossible to answer, because I don't know what statistics we're talking about or what we consider "drop off." I think it's possible that, with additional help on the roster, both guys will actually do better in terms of efficiency and most advanced statistics. Westy won't have to jack up as many shots, and Harden won't be committing as many turnovers.

If we're talking strictly base statistics, though, I think Westy actually sees the bigger dropoff because he won't likely score as many points, and he almost certainly won't grab as many rebounds. I also don't know that he'll get more assists, because even with more quality talent around him, his USG rate will take a hit and he should have the ball in his hands less.

For Harden, I think his assists will certainly take a hit, but I think his rebounds shouldn't really be affected (Bev might have been the best rebounding PG in the NBA last season). And with Paul next to him, I've got to think he's going to get more open looks and look to score a little more often.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 04:07 PM
So, this question is almost impossible to answer, because I don't know what statistics we're talking about or what we consider "drop off." I think it's possible that, with additional help on the roster, both guys will actually do better in terms of efficiency and most advanced statistics. Westy won't have to jack up as many shots, and Harden won't be committing as many turnovers.

If we're talking strictly base statistics, though, I think Westy actually sees the bigger dropoff because he won't likely score as many points, and he almost certainly won't grab as many rebounds. I also don't know that he'll get more assists, because even with more quality talent around him, his USG rate will take a hit and he should have the ball in his hands less.

For Harden, I think his assists will certainly take a hit, but I think his rebounds shouldn't really be affected (Bev might have been the best rebounding PG in the NBA last season). And with Paul next to him, I've got to think he's going to get more open looks and look to score a little more often.

prolly 2nd best, behind....one of the guys you are talking about haha

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Probably Westbrook with the Paul George addition. I fee like Harden is playing in a system that allows him to max out his potential. But I don't think either will have a "huge" dropoff.