PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose has agreed to a one year/$2.1 million deal with the Cleveland Cavailers.

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 07:19 PM
Breaking: Derrick Rose has committed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers, per @ShamsCharania

Deal expected to be worth $2.1 million/one year.

I think this solidifies the motion to trade Kyrie. Derrick Rose is not going to agree to play backup PG when he's clearly looking for a high level contract next season.

NYKnickFanatic
07-24-2017, 07:24 PM
Going to be interesting to see what happens.

LaVar Ball
07-24-2017, 07:34 PM
This has actually be a quite underrated solid offseason for the Cavaliers.

Yes, the whole Kyrie situation, I know.

But besides that.

They've resigned 2 of their bench players in Richard Jefferson and Kyle Korver. And they've now signed Derrick Rose, Jeff Green, Jose Calderon and the Turkish forward Cedi Osman.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Lol.

Mr_Jones
07-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Shut up, Lavar

oak2455
07-24-2017, 07:55 PM
Parade !

oak2455
07-24-2017, 07:56 PM
The fact he signed for this , is somewhat funny

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2017, 07:59 PM
Shut up, Lavar

:laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
07-24-2017, 08:03 PM
Gang Bang & Spliff back court combo. Should be fun

tredigs
07-24-2017, 08:32 PM

But besides that.

They've resigned 2 of their bench players in Richard Jefferson and Kyle Korver. And they've now signed Derrick Rose, Jeff Green, Jose Calderon and the Turkish forward Cedi Osman.
Lost their GM before the draft and their co-star of the team afterwards, but gained a lot of has beens! And it looks like LeBron has ensured he will leave. Chalk it up as solid, why not.

tredigs
07-24-2017, 08:36 PM
Ball is in Boston's court. It's their East if they want it. Could take a long time to try to out-wait Golden State's run, I would strike now with their Brooklyn pick + a piece and get at it with one more big splash at the deadline.

SportsFanatic10
07-24-2017, 08:37 PM

But besides that.

They messed up not keeping their GM and at a crucial time, offered Billups a weak offer, went without a GM throughout free agency, and missed out on trade opportunities for PG and Butler. All that on top of Kyrie wanting out and them not improving enough to give the GSW a series in the finals. Plus Lebron will probably be looking to leave next year. Pretty solid no doubt! The Cavs will be terrible once again for a long time to come after this year, their time has already passed.

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 08:53 PM
I hope this doesn't mean Love is a keeper now. He's been getting off lightly after that Finals appearance. IMO, both Love and Irving should be traded. This Warriors team is not going anywhere while this Cavs team has gotten worse. Just start fresh and trade everyone except LeBron and see where it goes.

Love
Irving
Shump
J.R.
T.T.

Should look to trade all of them at this point. Why not?

Scoots
07-24-2017, 09:01 PM
I hope this doesn't mean Love is a keeper now. He's been getting off lightly after that Finals appearance. IMO, both Love and Irving should be traded. This Warriors team is not going anywhere while this Cavs team has gotten worse. Just start fresh and trade everyone except LeBron and see where it goes.

Love
Irving
Shump
J.R.
T.T.

Should look to trade all of them at this point. Why not?

Dump any contract longer than 1 year. Make the teams taking the players that are wanted take other bad contracts and accept only 1 year deals in return. And blame it all on LeBron on his way out the door. If you are not going to try to win might as well get under the tax sooner than later right?

oak2455
07-24-2017, 09:29 PM
Gang Bang & Spliff back court combo. Should be fun

:laugh:

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 09:33 PM
Stephen A. Smith: "LeBron would beat Kyrie Irving's *** if they saw each other."

Is this guy serious reporting this stuff?

hotdalton18
07-24-2017, 09:58 PM
Breaking: Derrick Rose has committed to sign with the Cleveland Cavaliers, per @ShamsCharania

Deal expected to be worth $2.1 million/one year.

I think this solidifies the motion to trade Kyrie. Derrick Rose is not going to agree to play backup PG when he's clearly looking for a high level contract next season.

WOJ already said Rose is still there back up

N that they'd look to get a starting PG in a Kyrie trade

Rose can't shoot...you can't make him Lebrons secondary player

still1ballin
07-24-2017, 09:59 PM
This is getting to the kobe/shaq levels

Nikeman
07-24-2017, 10:45 PM
To all those making Derrick Rose jokes, he's injury prone yes, that being said, he was exactly what the Cavs needed.

If you watched the Knicks this year, he had some great explosion and his first step looked great. He can create for himself and take anyone off the dribble. If Kyrie was staying, he would have been the perfect 6th man to give them 15 a game who could create for himself without needing to be set up by LeBron.

With Kyrie out, not sure how this plays out. I will say, if the Cavs can land Melo and Eric Bledsoe, they would have some serious talent to be able to compete with GS.

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 10:47 PM
WOJ already said Rose is still there back up

N that they'd look to get a starting PG in a Kyrie trade

Rose can't shoot...you can't make him Lebrons secondary player

Woj can't predict this Cavs team. He wasn't the one who reported that Kyrie was frustrated with the Cavs so it's not like he knows every exact detail. It makes no sense for Rose to accept a deal with the Cavs for such a backup role considering he's only signed for one year for a reason. I'm guessing he knows Cavs will get to the Finals and if he can perform really well (win or lose), his value skyrockets. I'm not doubting Woj's inside knowledge but the Cavs still don't have a plan so it's impossible for Woj to even conclude what Rose's role is.

If I'm the Cavs GM, I make some calls to Pelicans and see if they would entertain a Love+Kyrie for Cousins and Anthony Davis. It'll probably get shot down but then again, if Cousins walks after this season, that Love+Kyrie trade might be interesting. I know they just resigned Jrue but let's be honest, Kyrie is a SG.

LeonFSU
07-24-2017, 10:58 PM
This is a great signing. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise. Excluding Kyrie, the only other point guard they have is Calderon. Its a minimum deal.

LeonFSU
07-24-2017, 11:08 PM
Dump any contract longer than 1 year. Make the teams taking the players that are wanted take other bad contracts and accept only 1 year deals in return. And blame it all on LeBron on his way out the door. If you are not going to try to win might as well get under the tax sooner than later right?

Which is why they should trade for Wade and Carmelo. They'll both be gone if LeBron leaves.

eDush
07-24-2017, 11:10 PM
This is a great signing. Not sure how anyone can say otherwise. Excluding Kyrie, the only other point guard they have is Calderon. Its a minimum deal.Well I would call it a good signing but not great :(. Getting PG would be great :nod:

effen5
07-25-2017, 11:41 AM
So glad this idiot got what he wanted. All he cared about was money post injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drW20edB2Zs

That was only 2 years ago. How ****ing hilarious.

mrblisterdundee
07-25-2017, 12:14 PM
It's hard to complain about getting a former MVP for $2.1 million, even as a backup.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 12:21 PM
so glad this idiot got what he wanted. All he cared about was money post injury.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drw20edb2zs

that was only 2 years ago. How ****ing hilarious.
lmao.

FlashBolt
07-25-2017, 01:27 PM
I remember when I wreaked havoc on Bulls fans for defending Rose and now it seems almost every Bulls fan hates the guy. It's amazing how things can change. At this price and Rose clearly trying to get himself a nice contract, he's betting on himself. I'd love to see how a LeBron-motivated-Rose can operate. Maybe watching and learning LeBron's workout content will tweak Rose's game a bit. $2.1 million - you can't go wrong even if he's just there to help in practice...

prodigy
07-25-2017, 01:28 PM
Lost their GM before the draft and their co-star of the team afterwards, but gained a lot of has beens! And it looks like LeBron has ensured he will leave. Chalk it up as solid, why not.

Griffin wanted complete control which clearly no team yet has been wiling to offer him. plus BTW I thought Lebron was the GM? cant remember how many times i saw that posted in these chats lol. gotta make up ya'lls mind on that first.

Irvings not gone. he may not even be traded at all. Clearly as lebron just mentioned on twitter half the crap on ESPN are lies. If Kyrie is traded they will get tons in return.

Rose is a very good pickup and so is Jeff Green. Everyone loves to hate Cleveland so of course the nut jobs come out when anything happens with them.

PowerHouse
07-25-2017, 02:15 PM
This is getting to the kobe/shaq levels

Its gotta be way worse than that.

Kobe and Shaq put together enough camaraderie for 3 rings.

SteBO
07-25-2017, 02:59 PM
Good "value" signing by the Cavs. A little over $2 million for a guy that was a former MVP and played well last year before getting hurt.

eDush
07-29-2017, 02:38 PM
I remember when I wreaked havoc on Bulls fans for defending Rose and now it seems almost every Bulls fan hates the guy. It's amazing how things can change. At this price and Rose clearly trying to get himself a nice contract, he's betting on himself. I'd love to see how a LeBron-motivated-Rose can operate. Maybe watching and learning LeBron's workout content will tweak Rose's game a bit. $2.1 million - you can't go wrong even if he's just there to help in practice...Its due to him not playing in the postseason when he was cleared to. Opportunities are fleeting so when the chances arise, they must grab it at that time :nod: