PDA

View Full Version : Regrading 2017 Draft top 10 talents after summer league play

Rocco007
07-21-2017, 11:45 PM
1.Lonzo Ball
2.Kyle Kuzma
3.Jason Tatum
4.Dennis Smith Jr
5.De'Aaron Fox
6.John Collins
7.Donovan Mitchell
8.Josh Jackson
9.Markelle Futlz
10.Caleb Swanigan

:smoking:

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 11:58 PM
Summer League. Who cares? /thread

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 12:04 AM
Lonzo Ball's stats and performance is inflated, though. Great talent but he's got the ball like 99% of the time.

AllBall
07-22-2017, 12:33 AM
All I will say is that it's good that there seems to be some talented players, it's good for fans and the future of the leauge. I will enjoy watching them. Just wish fans would drop the hate and enjoy these exciting players.

IndyRealist
07-22-2017, 03:21 AM
This implies Summer League somehow matters.

Gibby23
07-22-2017, 03:34 AM
This implies Summer League somehow matters.

I don't want to be that dude that ***** on your smart comment. But, do the Pacers matter in the NBA landscape? Serious question to follow up your question.

Kyben36
07-22-2017, 04:35 AM
if summer league mattered Doug McDermott should have been the first overall pick and mvp of the league. it means squat. bulls won it before and I don't think a single guy on that team amounted to squat.

but if lakes fans need something to get excited for fine. I mean. these were the same fans who saw flashes of curry in russell. we will see how much kuzma even plays by years end.

FWIW though. Smith looks like the steal if the draft though. I loved him coming out. thought he could be the best pg in the draft by the end. and he is showing he has some goods.

K1ngOfNY
07-22-2017, 04:41 AM
Lonzo Ball's stats and performance is inflated, though. Great talent but he's got the ball like 99% of the time.

He's a damn point guard............

More-Than-Most
07-22-2017, 05:08 AM
I don't want to be that dude that ***** on your smart comment. But, do the Pacers matter in the NBA landscape? Serious question to follow up your question.

do you ever not get butt hurt and insult? asking seriously... dude its get old... i dont mind it personally because it makes this place fun but man ya gotta take deep breaths lol... pacers have mattered more than the lakers for years :shrug:

More-Than-Most
07-22-2017, 05:10 AM
He's a damn point guard............

that doesnt mean the ball should just stop with him and it does. Either he is shooting or forcing a pass and not many others are getting said shots etc... he played 90 minutes a game and always had the ball against **** players... Tatum was more impressive with ball being 2nd.

Kyben36
07-22-2017, 06:03 AM
from what I saw from ball. they babied him. everyone was told to jack shots when he passed it to them passing stats. most of his assist were honestly not impressive at all. he had a few good ones. but tell me how many were just passed to open esk shooters.

I still worry about his shooting. I never trust a 3pt shooter who is not a good FT shooter. they just should corelate better. we will have to see. but I know I was not as impressed as some.

also FWIW. 38 % FG percentage and 23 percent 3pt percentage. I'm not sure how that is summer league mvp material. and remember this is lower level nba competition.

I actually think it would be interesting to see what Balls assisted Shooting percentage was dureing summer league. like I I said though. eveyone was jacking up shots when he passed it to them .

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 08:39 AM
I am shocked that a Lakers fan made this thread and has Ball at #1

KingstonHawke
07-22-2017, 08:53 AM

He's a taller Jeremy Lin. He'll put up decent numbers in the pick and roll all day but then will fall off big time when he's asked to play in an offense that isn't catered to him. Could be a lot sooner than later depending on if Lopez feels like setting screens all day or not.

IndyRealist
07-22-2017, 12:01 PM

We've had 3 contenders since 2000. Not bad for a small market that doesn't pay tax. We don't have unlimited money to spend, yet we've managed to not be bottom feeders either. So there's that.

Scoots
07-22-2017, 02:28 PM
He's a taller Jeremy Lin. He'll put up decent numbers in the pick and roll all day but then will fall off big time when he's asked to play in an offense that isn't catered to him. Could be a lot sooner than later depending on if Lopez feels like setting screens all day or not.

Lin is a better ball handler and shooter and he's quicker and smarter :)

DanG
07-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Lol it's actually amazing how many people want to see a 19 year old rookie fail. Already giving him the LeBron treatment.

9 assists in the summer league, but nope, he was forcing passes and other players were told to shoot shots. Just read that again and realize how stupid that sounds.

But had Dennis Smith or De'Aaron Fox put up 17/8/9 it would have been spectacular.

tp13baby
07-22-2017, 02:59 PM
Dennis Smith Jr.

I said I have him as the number 2 point behind Fultz depending on the position you label him in the draft. He will be a steal for Dallas the kid is phenomenal.

Ball killed it in his last 4.

Rocco is the biggest homer here but it's a list with legit arguments.

Scoots
07-22-2017, 03:01 PM
Lol it's actually amazing how many people want to see a 19 year old rookie fail. Already giving him the LeBron treatment.

9 assists in the summer league, but nope, he was forcing passes and other players were told to shoot shots. Just read that again and realize how stupid that sounds.

But had Dennis Smith or De'Aaron Fox put up 17/8/9 it would have been spectacular.

It's what I was saying before the draft ... LaVar painted a Staples Arena sized bullseye on Lonzo ... then Magic just made it bigger.

Scoots
07-22-2017, 03:12 PM
There are 10 guys in this draft who have legit star potential, and that's extremely rare. I'm sure some of them will bust and I'm sure some unsuspected other player not on that list will become a star. But now, right now, it's WAY too early to tell who is what yet. Summer league doesn't tell us anything about US prospects we didn't already know. The sample size is too small, the practice too limited, and the teammates and opponents too inconsistent.

One Nut Kruk
07-22-2017, 04:14 PM

I don't think it's amazing at all. It is simply his annoying father. Lonzo himself, to me, seems pretty legit and doesn't seem like a bad kid at all. But people will still want to see him fail because of his dad.

FOXHOUND
07-22-2017, 04:18 PM
People are talking about Lonzo, but I'm curious to what the others now have to do to pass Kyle Kuzma.

warfelg
07-22-2017, 05:25 PM
Dude can't even spell Fultz right..... smh

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Dude can't even spell Fultz right..... smh

Now I know how dwade felt when he left him off his top of the 2017 class list...

oops...
He has the least amount of buzz for a #1 pick and is being outplayed by many players in his class...
But I digress...
Great pick Philly...

So the Summer League catch 22...
Don't want to make too much of it if picks play well...
But if they don't play well are they supposed to improve against better competition?

I rated these players based on their games and how I see them translating into the season...
What I love about our 2 guys is that, they're not perfect but what they do well is a great strength in the regular season...
Better players and competition may actually be better for the way Lonzo plays...He loves to move the ball...That's not going to change...UCLA led the Nation in scoring...
Kuzma got overlooked because he played in a Utah system that played slow tempo sets...I think they averaged 65 points a game...
Case in point he made 27 3 pointers his last season at Utah...and made 34 NBA range threes during Summer league play...
What I like about Kuzma's game is that with his range and quick release better competition isn't going to change much...He's like a 6'9' Klay Thompson right now...
So it's exciting to expect great things from these two...Kuzma will have to do it off the bench for now...
But Lonzo leading the NBA in assists as a Rookie is real...his contagious play is off the charts...He can really make players around him better...He's a throwback in an NBA where high scoring PGs define the position.

Jason Tatum could've been the 1st pick...He just didn't have enough buzz..I think Boston always had him rated ahead of Fultz...Lucky for them Philly was in love with him...Lol... Win win for Boston...
Tatum played with confidence and assertion and showed no real weaknesses any where on the court...

Dennis Jr I always thought was being slept on because he didn't project as a pure PG on the NBA level by scouts...My only question was but Fultz did?
Dennis Jr has a beast mentalilty and a beast type game...His team was undefeated until they lost to LA.

So yes Summer league is summer league...But you can't simply ignore it...

Fultz still can't will his team to wins...First he had no talent in college but Philly had a good summer league team...

The other guys on the list showed the right combination of aggression and skillset...I think of John Collins (threes) and Donovan Mitchell (bully ball)...Caleb Swanigan looked like a man among boys...If he can stick as a small ball 5 instead of a 4...He is going to be very very effective...

warfelg
07-22-2017, 06:52 PM
Fultz sprained his ankle in the first Vegas game and the Sixers sat him because it was pointless.

Also Philly had a good SL team? LOL. That team was trash.

Scoots
07-22-2017, 07:00 PM
What I love about our 2 guys

You know the Lakers have more than 2 rookies who played in the Summer League right?

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:06 PM
Fultz sprained his ankle in the first Vegas game and the Sixers sat him because it was pointless.

Also Philly had a good SL team? LOL. That team was trash.

My problem with Fultz is this...He averaged 2 assists a game...I've never seen him as a PG...
He's a slightly more athletic DRussell with lower BBall IQ and passing abilities...
And as a scorer, he has skills but his shot release is slow and his motor is at half speed all of the time...
I could be wrong...But I don't see that improving vs real NBA players...
Lucky for him, Simmons may be the real facilitator in the offense...
So why then Draft him?
There was better value to be had...A guy like Monk would probably compliment Simmons better or even tried to trade for DRussell and kept your pick... Simmons and Russell are good friends...
You need fast release shooters in the backcourt today if you have a good passing offense...

IMO...

warfelg
07-22-2017, 07:10 PM
He started every game at the 2 guard in SLC SL.

You didn't watch and are spouting random ****.

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:13 PM
You know the Lakers have more than 2 rookies who played in the Summer League right?

Josh Hart didn't play much but he will factor in our plans this season...He's NBA ready...
He doesn't do any one thing great but he does everything really good...I can see him as our new 6th man if Clarkson is moved...
Bryant is a helluva team mate and works really hard...He has tremendous range for his size...he plays defense...
His foot speed concerns me a bit...He improved his vertical by 10 inched in College...I think he was overweight early on...
Honestly, I'm not sure how he projects on the next level... Kendrick Perkins with a jumpshot?...But the NBA has changed...Perkins couldn't make it today...
PJ Dozier has potential but if he doesn't improve his out side shot he won't make it...

PhillySportFan
07-22-2017, 07:19 PM
Obviously this whole summer league Lonzo hype is out of control. I'm not saying he won't be good but you need to wait to see it when it matters. Other than that having Fultz at 9 is silly af. It shows how much you overvalue summer league.

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:20 PM
He started every game at the 2 guard in SLC SL.

You didn't watch and are spouting random ****.

I watched...hence my breakdown...
He was drafted as a PG?...So I guess he's going to be matching up vs NBA SGs now?

So since you obviously watched up close....
Does he have a slow release and does he play at half speed?...

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:23 PM
Obviously this whole summer league Lonzo hype is out of control. I'm not saying he won't be good but you need to wait to see it when it matters. Other than that having Fultz at 9 is silly af. It shows how much you overvalue summer league.

Put up your top 10...
This draft was pretty deep...

PhillySportFan
07-22-2017, 07:25 PM
Put up your top 10...
This draft was pretty deep...

It's pointless and I have no interest. I'm simply saying how can you based on summer league say the number 1 pick is the 9th best player in the draft when he didn't play that much to begin with. On top of the fact that summer league isn't really a true tell of NBA talent. If Lonzo Ball was a Suns prospect these kind of discussions wouldn't even exist.

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Summer League is becoming way more competitive than previous years...
I can see it becoming more of a bigger deal moving forward...
Guys are playing their ***** off in front packed arenas... The crowds are into it...
Stars are coming out to watch...

For the Lakers...
Did anyone watch Alex Caruso vs De'Aaron Fox?...
That's just classic stuff...
He earned a contract after that game...
In another era of NBA Matt Thomas was looking like Steve Kerr out there...
too bad for him that Steve Kerr protype probably can't function in today's NBA...If you're are 6'2" or so...you have to be able to do more than shoot...He needs to work on his handles...ditto Vander Blue...

warfelg
07-22-2017, 07:37 PM
It's pointless and I have no interest. I'm simply saying how can you based on summer league say the number 1 pick is the 9th best player in the draft when he didn't play that much to begin with. On top of the fact that summer league isn't really a true tell of NBA talent. If Lonzo Ball was a Suns prospect these kind of discussions wouldn't even exist.

Adam Morrison was like a 27ppg scorer in SL. STAR!

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:41 PM

I think that's a cop out...
If Fultz played well it would be a different story...Like I said...
It's not about stats because Lonza Ball didnt' shoot well...There are some legit concerns there...
It's how you see their games translating into the regular season...
Think about it...
These guys are drafted based on how they played in College...
So using the same theory...why does College matter?

I'm basing this on what I saw...Not just stats...The eye test...

If you do your own top 10 it will test your knowledge of the game...especially if you have to explain it...

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:45 PM
So was anyone impressed with Dennis Jr?
Jason Tatum?
Donovan Mitchell?

it's how they play not the box scores...
Game recognize Game...

The eye test...

Ball don't lie...

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Matt Thomas played lights out for the Lakers...His stats are crazy...He shot 62% from the field and the majority were threes...
But I know what his limitations are...

Kyben36
07-22-2017, 07:58 PM
So was anyone impressed with Dennis Jr?
Jason Tatum?
Donovan Mitchell?

it's how they play not the box scores...
Game recognize Game...

The eye test...

Ball don't lie...

not gonna lie. Smith and Mitchell were somewhat inpreinpresI've to me. Tatum to me looked sloppy with the ball and I think that's a major issue.

again. I have why I think lonzo is being over hyped. I was not impressed with over half his assist. they were not even kick puts to open shooters. they were just passed where guys jacked shots. and his scoring numbers were wildly inconsistantm. in not saying he does not have potential. but seriously slow your role.

the other major reason that lonzo has a target on his back. is somebody (laker fan) came in and decided him and kuzma should be one and 2 on the list. in sorry. but if a bulls fan can in and ranked mark first then every other fan base will tear it apart.

but seriously. I watch his highlights and just don't see fantastic passing. which is supposed to be his greatness.

Kyben36
07-22-2017, 08:04 PM
https://youtu.be/-nrpWdeAwSg

just looking at the first 3 assist. the first one was ok. but the fact you call the next two assist is a joke. he did nothing to. make the play his teamates forced the ball. up for a pass up court. and I can show dozens of these I can call stat padding assist.

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 08:09 PM
not gonna lie. Smith and Mitchell were somewhat inpreinpresI've to me. Tatum to me looked sloppy with the ball and I think that's a major issue.

again. I have why I think lonzo is being over hyped. I was not impressed with over half his assist. they were not even kick puts to open shooters. they were just passed where guys jacked shots. and his scoring numbers were wildly inconsistantm. in not saying he does not have potential. but seriously slow your role.

the other major reason that lonzo has a target on his back. is somebody (laker fan) came in and decided him and kuzma should be one and 2 on the list. in sorry. but if a bulls fan can in and ranked mark first then every other fan base will tear it apart.

but seriously. I watch his highlights and just don't see fantastic passing. which is supposed to be his greatness.

Again I'm basing it on their style of basketball and skillsets, not stats.
You can't deny Kuzma at 6'9" with a release like Klay Thompson...
You can't deny Lonzo's court vsion...
Dennis Jr....on top of his skills...He is physically strong and has a killer mentallity...
You may be the only person not impressed by Jason Tatum...
This all has nothing to do with summer league competition...
Put up your top 10...

Rocco007
07-22-2017, 08:15 PM
https://youtu.be/-nrpWdeAwSg

just looking at the first 3 assist. the first one was ok. but the fact you call the next two assist is a joke. he did nothing to. make the play his teamates forced the ball. up for a pass up court. and I can show dozens of these I can call stat padding assist.

Ok so you weren't impressed with Jason Tatum...
and Lonzo has regular court vision...
Then everyone else should be doing it...Honestly...other PGs should be doing the same thing..
Just remember...
The best make the game look easy...

Scoots
07-22-2017, 08:25 PM
Josh Hart didn't play much but he will factor in our plans this season...He's NBA ready...
He doesn't do any one thing great but he does everything really good...I can see him as our new 6th man if Clarkson is moved...
Bryant is a helluva team mate and works really hard...He has tremendous range for his size...he plays defense...
His foot speed concerns me a bit...He improved his vertical by 10 inched in College...I think he was overweight early on...
Honestly, I'm not sure how he projects on the next level... Kendrick Perkins with a jumpshot?...But the NBA has changed...Perkins couldn't make it today...
PJ Dozier has potential but if he doesn't improve his out side shot he won't make it...

Still forgot someone

lamar2006
07-22-2017, 10:24 PM

agree. I think Brady, Rodgers should not have the ball at all. Let's see how good they are without the damn football. Ball is a ****ing PG. What do you expect him to go post up and wait for the ball? :facepalm:

Rocco007
07-23-2017, 05:09 AM
https://youtu.be/d9yrL252sgM

Kyben36
07-23-2017, 05:36 AM
Ok so you weren't impressed with Jason Tatum...
and Lonzo has regular court vision...
Then everyone else should be doing it...Honestly...other PGs should be doing the same thing..
Just remember...
The best make the game look easy...

those were not good assist. if I put the ball in any players hands and told guys to shoot it you could rack up high assist totals. not saying all his assist were ****. but alot of them were padded and him not really making a play im sorry if I don't consider a pass up court to be worthy of an assist. if love inbounds the ball to LeBron and he dribbles down the court to score. should we reward love for that. but yet. we do with lonzo

Kyben36
07-23-2017, 05:46 AM
Again I'm basing it on their style of basketball and skillsets, not stats.
You can't deny Kuzma at 6'9" with a release like Klay Thompson...
You can't deny Lonzo's court vsion...
Dennis Jr....on top of his skills...He is physically strong and has a killer mentallity...
You may be the only person not impressed by Jason Tatum...
This all has nothing to do with summer league competition...
Put up your top 10...

ohh god now we are comparing kuzma to klay. your probably the same guy who said Russell looked like curry. you wonder why their is pushback and it's cause some Lakers fans ( not all but I may argue most) see purple and can't see reality.

as far as kuzma looking like klay.klay shot 42 plus percent every year from 3 in college. averaged 45 percent overall. kuzma averaged 32 at best and 30 overall. that means at klays worst and kuzmas best. he still averaged 10 percent better shooting. at 15 percent better overall. the fact you compared two is actually painful for me to watch.

the fact he shot 48 percent in summer league durrring what 7 games. you need to take a chill pill and step back to reality. of you expect him to keep up that shooting. you are going to be very sad down the road.

Rocco007
07-23-2017, 07:49 PM

Weak Summer League Head to Head Competition
#3 pick Tatum vs #27 pick Kuzma

Rocco007
07-23-2017, 07:54 PM
ohh god now we are comparing kuzma to klay. your probably the same guy who said Russell looked like curry. you wonder why their is pushback and it's cause some Lakers fans ( not all but I may argue most) see purple and can't see reality.

as far as kuzma looking like klay.klay shot 42 plus percent every year from 3 in college. averaged 45 percent overall. kuzma averaged 32 at best and 30 overall. that means at klays worst and kuzmas best. he still averaged 10 percent better shooting. at 15 percent better overall. the fact you compared two is actually painful for me to watch.

the fact he shot 48 percent in summer league durrring what 7 games. you need to take a chill pill and step back to reality. of you expect him to keep up that shooting. you are going to be very sad down the road.

So are we looking at stats or are we looking at their game similarities?
You can't have it both ways...
Utah played a slow down tempo offense...Look at what he's doing now...
I'm telling you that he has a quick release and the same range as Klay Thompson...and he plays defense...
Forget that their both part of the light skin connection for a second... one in LA the other in GS... :laugh2:

Rocco007
07-23-2017, 08:04 PM
you need to take a chill pill and step back to reality. of you expect him to keep up that shooting. you are going to be very sad down the road.
Kuzma was the 27th pick my friend..This is a "WIN WIN" all day every day...

jphysics
07-23-2017, 08:10 PM
Kuzma is looking great, but we shouldn't be calling him Klay yet. They have different physical tools and play different positions.

Klay has shown himself to be a beast both offensively and defensively. Kuzma's upside is as an elite stretch 4 or 3. He needs to show more defensively, and even if he turns out to be awesome, he will be a different type of player than Klay is.

Im hoping for something in the mold of robert horry, but hopefully better, when i think about kuzma's potential.

mightybosstone
07-23-2017, 10:32 PM
Kuzma was the 27th pick my friend..This is a "WIN WIN" all day every day...

Are you just going to post in ridiculously large purple font for the entirety of your time on PSD? Because that's going to get real old really ****ing fast. Are you a 15-year-old girl typing a love letter to your boyfriend?

Rocco007
07-24-2017, 12:49 AM
Are you just going to post in ridiculously large purple font for the entirety of your time on PSD? Because that's going to get real old really ****ing fast. Are you a 15-year-old girl typing a love letter to your boyfriend?

Been doing this since August 2008...Wear shades if it gets to be too bad and bold for your sensitive eyes...It may make you bleed purple if you stare too long...u

mightybosstone
07-24-2017, 08:45 AM
Been doing this since August 2008...Wear shades if it gets to be too bad and bold for your sensitive eyes...It may make you bleed purple if you stare too long...u

So you've been doing this for nine years? Then you're a grown man discussing sports online using purple font?

To each his own, I suppose...

Regarding the topic at hand, I can understand you being excited by the young guys on the roster after the Summer League performance. Lakers fans haven't had much to cheer for the last few seasons. I get it; we've all been there. But if you don't have realistic expectations for these guys, you're going to be seriously disappointed. Not every rookie can be the next Magic Johnson. And most guys who perform well in Summer League don't end up as All-Stars. You don't see Rockets fans in here gushing about Troy Williams and Isaiah Taylor as likely future superstars.

To make my point, do you remember a little less than a decade ago when Jerryd Bayless completely destroyed the Summer League and averaged like 30 points per game? I seriously doubt that you do, and he turned into nothing more than a halfway decent rotational player.

Rocco007
07-24-2017, 08:34 PM
So you've been doing this for nine years? Then you're a grown man discussing sports online using purple font?

To each his own, I suppose...

Regarding the topic at hand, I can understand you being excited by the young guys on the roster after the Summer League performance. Lakers fans haven't had much to cheer for the last few seasons. I get it; we've all been there. But if you don't have realistic expectations for these guys, you're going to be seriously disappointed. Not every rookie can be the next Magic Johnson. And most guys who perform well in Summer League don't end up as All-Stars. You don't see Rockets fans in here gushing about Troy Williams and Isaiah Taylor as likely future superstars.

To make my point, do you remember a little less than a decade ago when Jerryd Bayless completely destroyed the Summer League and averaged like 30 points per game? I seriously doubt that you do, and he turned into nothing more than a halfway decent rotational player.

Again...
I'm not basing my opinion on stats...I'm basing it on the eye test and how their games translate on the NBA level...
Jerryd Bayless is a 6'2" SG....I'm not sure who was going crazy about that...Matt Thomas killed...and I'm not blowing him up...
Look at their game...not their stats...
look at the coverage Lonzo Ball receives compared to the #1 pick Markelle Fultz...
Everybody must be wrong then...
It's his game...passing is passing...vision is vision...influence is influence...the kid is a winner...
Kuzma is 6'9" with a Klay Thompson trigger and range...
Shooting is shooting...range is range...release is a release...
I mean, Your team the HOUSTON ROCKETS PAID RYAN ANDERSON 20 MILLION A YEAR for what???
What does he do that's so special??? Does he play defense??? Does have a Post game?? Can he dribble off a rebound and take it coast to coast???
Some say Lakerfans have a blind bias...I say say some of you have short memories...

See below for a Kuzma breakdown...

https://youtu.be/Xeegq8EEupE

mightybosstone
07-24-2017, 08:57 PM
[B][FONT=Tahoma][SIZE=3][COLOR="#4B0082"]Again...
I'm not basing my opinion on stats...I'm basing it on the eye test and how their games translate on the NBA level...
Jerryd Bayless is a 6'2" SG....I'm not sure who was going crazy about that...Matt Thomas killed...and I'm not blowing him up...
Look at their game...not their stats...
I don't need to look at their game. It's the Summer League, and they're playing against rosters of which 90+ percent won't be NBA starters at the next level. I don't care how they looked against guys who've had minimal coaching that will be lucky to crack NBA rotations. I want to see them do it on an actual NBA roster against actual NBA veterans. Until they do that, color me unimpressed.

look at the coverage Lonzo Ball receives compared to the #1 pick Markelle Fultz...
Everybody must be wrong then...
:laugh: Are you ****ing kidding me? If media coverage was a guarantee of a player's success at the professional level, then Tim Tebow would have led the Broncos to an AFC Championship game against the Browns and Johnny Manziel last season. And the Wolves with Ricky Rubio would have faced Greg Oden's Blazers in the Western Conference Finals last season.

Media coverage means literally nothing. Ball is a great prospect, but his overhyped media coverage is 80-90 percent the product of his father's off-court shenanigans and the fact that he's the next great hope for the most media-friendly franchise arguably in all of professional sports.

It's his game...passing is passing...vision is vision...influence is influence...the kid is a winner...
Kuzma is 6'9" with a Klay Thompson trigger and range...
Shooting is shooting...range is range...release is a release...
I'll make you a deal. If Kuzma ever makes an All-NBA team, I'll quit PSD forever. You can bookmark this. That's how confident I am.

I mean, Your team the HOUSTON ROCKETS PAID RYAN ANDERSON 20 MILLION A YEAR for what???
What does he do that's so special??? Does he play defense??? Does have a Post game?? Can he dribble off a rebound and take it coast to coast???
:confused: In what way did this conversation have literally anything to do with Ryan Anderson? We're talking about rookies here, chief. If you want to talk about teams that overpaid scrubs last season, I can assure you that I'm much happier with Anderson than I would have been with Deng and Mozgov's awful contracts. Why you would bring up an argument in which your franchise arguably has the shortest possible leg to stand on in the entire league is.... interesting.

Some say Lakerfans have a blind bias...I say say some of you have short memories...
What the hell is that even supposed to mean? Jesus, your takes are even worse than your purple font. I didn't think that would be possible...

warfelg
07-24-2017, 09:19 PM
:laugh: Are you ****ing kidding me? If media coverage was a guarantee of a player's success at the professional level, then Tim Tebow would have led the Broncos to an AFC Championship game against the Browns and Johnny Manziel last season. And the Wolves with Ricky Rubio and Hasheem Thabeet would have faced Greg Oden's Blazers in the Western Conference Finals last season.

Media coverage means literally nothing. Ball is a great prospect, but his overhyped media coverage is 80-90 percent the product of his father's off-court shenanigans and the fact that he's the next great hope for the most media-friendly franchise arguably in all of professional sports.

Not to mention that Ball twisted an ankle in the 2nd half of the 1st game and sat after that. Why would they report on someone not playing.

GREATNESS ONE
07-24-2017, 09:24 PM
I think it's more about the media hype being pressure, and so far he's responded. Let's see why happens when the season starts :)

tp13baby
07-24-2017, 09:45 PM
Rocco getting so much ****. But I liked what I saw from Ball. His leak out assists aren't going to be there in the regular season. Half court he did some very good things. Personally more impressed with Kuzma. His game translates so well as a stretch 4 in this league. DSJ runs the pick and roll the best out of anyone in SL. Donovan Mitchell has Kemba written all over him. Tatum looks like Melo did back in the day.

My top 10
DSJ
Kuzma
Ball
Mitchell
John Collins
Jackson
Tatum
Kennard
Bell
Swanigan

As for sophomores if we are going to hype Lonzo, Ingram was fairly bad. Sophomores should dominate. Ulis looks unreal. Jaylens game doesn't really translate as a star but as a role player in my opinion

Rocco007
07-25-2017, 12:22 AM
I don't need to look at their game. It's the Summer League, and they're playing against rosters of which 90+ percent won't be NBA starters at the next level. I don't care how they looked against guys who've had minimal coaching that will be lucky to crack NBA rotations. I want to see them do it on an actual NBA roster against actual NBA veterans. Until they do that, color me unimpressed.

Are you ****ing kidding me? If media coverage was a guarantee of a player's success at the professional level, then Tim Tebow would have led the Broncos to an AFC Championship game against the Browns and Johnny Manziel last season. And the Wolves with Ricky Rubio would have faced Greg Oden's Blazers in the Western Conference Finals last season.

Really? Manziel and Tebow didn't have their detracters? :laugh2: College, yes..But I don't remember many pundits hyping them up as Pros...Manziel and Tebow were not considered transcending Pro talents? Very Weak comparison...Rubio??? Oden???

That would make him an easy target...But the difference is he has delivered so far... Lonzo Ball is to the Media as #1 pick Markelle Fultz is to Dwade leaving him off his top Draft talent list??? Come on dude...1st player listed was Lonzo...Listen to the players...Players don't buy into media hype...Every NBA player that has commented on Lonzo Ball gives him his props...Didn't Lebron and your boy Harden show up to watch ZO SHOW???

I'll make you a deal. If Kuzma ever makes an All-NBA team, I'll quit PSD forever. You can bookmark this. That's how confident I am.

You are contradicting yourself...Can you make a conclusion on a player based on summer league play or not???
I will save you from yourself...You have been on PSD way too long to make an asinine bet like that...

:confused: In what way did this conversation have literally anything to do with Ryan Anderson?

I would like you to answer the question...What skillset does Ryan Anderson possess?

mightybosstone
07-25-2017, 08:22 AM
:facepalm: Jesus, dude. You've been on PSD for nine years, and you still haven't learned how to use the quote function? I'll try to sift through this mess of a post to address your points.

So what? Tatum is a rookie, and it was a one game sample size. I'm extremely unimpressed by rookies performing well against other rookies while playing bad basketball in low-pressure situations that matter to no one.

Really? Manziel and Tebow didn't have their detracters? :laugh2: College, yes..But I don't remember many pundits hyping them up as Pros...Manziel and Tebow were not considered transcending Pro talents? Very Weak comparison...Rubio??? Oden???

I'm sorry, but weren't you the person who literally said "look at the coverage Lonzo Ball receives compared to the #1 pick Markelle Fultz...Everybody must be wrong then...?" I'm not addressing their talent. I'm addressing your atrocious point that media coverage somehow correlates to the talent of a young prospect.

Also, if you don't think Oden and Rubio were highly touted prospects coming into the league, you're sorely mistaken. Oden was taken over Kevin freakin' Durant and was considered the next great center. He was certainly more touted out of college than Ball has been. Hell, he might have been the most hyped prospect since Lebron. And Rubio got a ton of coverage when he came to the NBA, because he just got done kicking *** in the Olympics for Spain as an 18-year-old kid. If you asked fans an analysts in 2009 who would have better between Rubio and Steph Curry, I guaranteed the majority would have said Rubio.

That would make him an easy target...But the difference is he has delivered so far...
He hasn't delivered anything. He performed well against a league of noobs and scrubs that nobody watches and nobody cares about. There's no pressure, no defense and no experience in that league, and the sample size is incredibly small. Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually like to see how rookies perform in actual NBA games before I make my determination about them. :shrug:

Lonzo Ball is to the Media as #1 pick Markelle Fultz is to Dwade leaving him off his top Draft talent list??? Come on dude...1st player listed was Lonzo...Listen to the players...Players don't buy into media hype...Every NBA player that has commented on Lonzo Ball gives him his props...Didn't Lebron and your boy Harden show up to watch ZO SHOW???
I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about here. This paragraph was really hard to read. I'm not familiar with whatever list you're referring to, but I don't really care. Some preseason list put together by players who watch a handful of Summer League games means nothing to me. Players tout guys all the time that go on to do nothing. They're no different than fans or analysts in that they're often wrong.

You are contradicting yourself...Can you make a conclusion on a player based on summer league play or not???
I will save you from yourself...You have been on PSD way too long to make an asinine bet like that...

This statement isn't based on Kuzma's Summer League performance. It's based off the fact that it is damn hard to crack an All-NBA team, and Thompson has done it twice. The likelihood that any player drafted on a given year is going to receive that distinction is remarkably low, and the further you get down the draft, the less likely it gets. I'd put the odds on Kuzma doing it at comfortably less than 10 percent, so I feel pretty damn good about that bet.

I would like you to answer the question...What skillset does Ryan Anderson possess?
He's a stretch 4, and a pretty damn good one at that. He made more 3-pointers than any other big in the league last season (204) by a mile and he shot better than 40 percent beyond the arc. I still fail to see your point.

Hawkeye15
07-25-2017, 11:08 AM
I think the biggest takeaway from the last 2 drafts is that the Lakers finally got a couple super high picks, and the players they drafted will be first ballot HOFers and destroy the league and everything in it's path. If you don't agree, get your *** to the back of the hater line..

Rocco007
07-25-2017, 05:47 PM
So what? Tatum is a rookie, and it was a one game sample size. I'm extremely unimpressed by rookies performing well against other rookies while playing bad basketball in low-pressure situations that matter to no one.

You are extremely inconsistent in your stance...1st it 90 pct don't make an NBA roster, now it's rookies vs rookies...nevermind it's a top 3 pick vs another 1st round pick...mano y mano...But it's a big deal in College?...
Ball vs Fox?...

I'm sorry, but weren't you the person who literally said "look at the coverage Lonzo Ball receives compared to the #1 pick Markelle Fultz...Everybody must be wrong then...?" I'm not addressing their talent. I'm addressing your atrocious point that media coverage somehow correlates to the talent of a young prospect.

First off in today's media spectrum, it's tough to overhype someone or something when there are so many checks and balances...Lonzo Ball is not all hype dude...Take off your hater shades...So far he has done his thing...Fans are responding...He's re-energized the franchise...and the NBA is back on the Laker wagon...

Oden was taken over Kevin freakin' Durant and was considered the next great center. He was certainly more touted out of college than Ball has been. Hell, he might have been the most hyped prospect since Lebron.

:laugh2:

And Rubio got a ton of coverage when he came to the NBA, because he just got done kicking *** in the Olympics for Spain as an 18-year-old kid. If you asked fans an analysts in 2009 who would have better between Rubio and Steph Curry, I guaranteed the majority would have said Rubio.

So Rubio got hype over the Olympics...not the summer league...He's considered a very good passer in the NBA...His jumpshot has always been broke... above average defender...Nobody said he was a transcending talent...he's not a bust...
Steph Curry was still a lottery pick...that's just bad scouting...Curry changed the position requirements...Hindsight is 20/20...I can tell you with Fultz being picked 1st in this draft class... Philly will have the same regrets...

He hasn't delivered anything. He performed well against a league of noobs and scrubs that nobody watches and nobody cares about. There's no pressure, no defense and no experience in that league, and the sample size is incredibly small. Maybe I'm crazy, but I actually like to see how rookies perform in actual NBA games before I make my determination about them. :shrug:

So I guess I will have to hunt you down to see what you think about Ball during the season...
Right, or are you then going to say he needs to this for the next 10 years to prove something?
I have a feeling from your answers that you will continue to move the goal posts...Just a hunch...:shrug:

I honestly don't have a clue what you're talking about here. This paragraph was really hard to read. I'm not familiar with whatever list you're referring to, but I don't really care. Some preseason list put together by players who watch a handful of Summer League games means nothing to me. Players tout guys all the time that go on to do nothing. They're no different than fans or analysts in that they're often wrong.

DWade‏Verified account
@DwyaneWade

I'm a fan of most. This may be a special draft class like 03👀. It's hard to pick favorites at this point but Zo,Fox,Jackson,Tatum,D.Smith

BS...Allstars former players don't give props unless it's earned...They are the harshest critics...

He's a stretch 4, and a pretty damn good one at that. He made more 3-pointers than any other big in the league last season (204) by a mile and he shot better than 40 percent beyond the arc. I still fail to see your point.

Rocco007
07-25-2017, 05:49 PM
I think the biggest takeaway from the last 2 drafts is that the Lakers finally got a couple super high picks, and the players they drafted will be first ballot HOFers and destroy the league and everything in it's path. If you don't agree, get your *** to the back of the hater line..

Yes and Kris Dunn is well on his way...

out of the NBA....

mightybosstone
07-26-2017, 09:13 AM
You are extremely inconsistent in your stance...1st it 90 pct don't make an NBA roster, now it's rookies vs rookies...nevermind it's a top 3 pick vs another 1st round pick...mano y mano...But it's a big deal in College?...Ball vs Fox?...
First off, I never once said that 90 percent wouldn't make the NBA. I said 90 percent wouldn't be NBA starters. Secondly, I have no clue what you're talking about in terms of consistency. In what way have I been inconsistent? And I never once said that what they did in college necessarily mattered at the next level. Great college players often turn into mediocre or bad NBA players. Look at Adam Morrison, Jimmer Fredette, Tyler Hansbrough, etc.

First off in today's media spectrum, it's tough to overhype someone or something when there are so many checks and balances...Lonzo Ball is not all hype dude...Take off your hater shades...So far he has done his thing...Fans are responding...He's re-energized the franchise...and the NBA is back on the Laker wagon...
I repeat... He. Hasn't. Done. Anything. He has not stepped on the floor against other NBA competition. And while I certainly don't love the Lakers or his idiot father, I hold no ill will toward Ball personally. I hope the guy succeeds, and he was a very solid collegiate player who I do think has tremendous upside. He's an exceptional passer, but I honestly don't know that he's going to consistently create his own shot and score efficiently at the next level. And until he can do that, I'm going to hold off praising the kid.

So Rubio got hype over the Olympics...not the summer league...He's considered a very good passer in the NBA...His jumpshot has always been broke... above average defender...Nobody said he was a transcending talent...he's not a bust...
You can laugh at Oden and Rubio and claim they weren't hyped coming into the league. But if you don't think that was the case, then you weren't paying attention to the league very closely from 2007-2009. And I never said Rubio was a bust, simply that he wasn't remotely the transcendent talent everyone thought he would be coming over from Spain.

Steph Curry was still a lottery pick...that's just bad scouting...Curry changed the position requirements...Hindsight is 20/20...I can tell you with Fultz being picked 1st in this draft class... Philly will have the same regrets...
We'll see. On paper, Fultz is still the better prospect, but I go into the season with very few preconceived notions about the guys. If Ball outplays Fultz, I won't deny he's the superior player. But he has to actual do it in NBA games.

So I guess I will have to hunt you down to see what you think about Ball during the season...
Right, or are you then going to say he needs to this for the next 10 years to prove something?
I have a feeling from your answers that you will continue to move the goal posts...Just a hunch...
Please do. I love having conversations about young, talented players and how they're progressing during the season. Young talent is good for the league, and as much as I loathe the Lakers, I'd love to see the league add another elite playmaking point guard as those seem to be in shorter supplies these days. But my point is: let's assess his skills during the season, not anoint him as a star before he's ever stepped into an NBA game.

DWade‏Verified account
@DwyaneWade

I'm a fan of most. This may be a special draft class like 03👀. It's hard to pick favorites at this point but Zo,Fox,Jackson,Tatum,D.Smith

BS...Allstars former players don't give props unless it's earned...They are the harshest critics...
You're just generalizing based off a Tweet from Dwyane Wade. A single Tweet. That means nothing to me. Prove it in the league, and you'll earn my respect. I have no ****s to give about how well you perform in the Summer League or what athlete is giving you props on Twitter.

And I still have zero clue what your point was regarding Ryan Anderson. But it has literally no bearing on this conversation whatsoever.

Yes and Kris Dunn is well on his way...out of the NBA...
You realize Dunn no longer plays for the T-Wolves, right? Trying to take a jab at a Wolves fan for a player no longer on the roster when they probably made the most improvement of any squad in the NBA this offseason is pretty ludicrous.

TheDish87
07-26-2017, 09:54 AM
why do people still argue with clown? he was wrong on everything last year and thats not going to change now.

Kyben36
07-26-2017, 10:45 AM
I honestly think this argument with this guy should have been over the moment he compared kuzma to klay. I brought up the stats for support that through college kuzma shot 15 percent worse than klay. and 10 even if you average klays worst to kuzma best. and he actually tried to defend it. look. the. closest thing kuzma has to klay is the is that both their first names start with K. I doubt that kuzma is even on a roster on 5 years.

but what can you expect when you here some Lakers fans compare players to. greats.

Russell to Curry
ingram to Durrant
I think I even heard some compare Larry nance to Blake Griffin.

now. I think ball is getting magic Johnson esk hype.

you wonder why they have stuggled then considering all the stats they have drafted. (and this is not a bash on the Lakers. I actually like their direction. but this is a bash on unreasonable fans who overhype players simply because they play for your team. )

it would be like me as a bulls fan saying we have the next John wall in Dunn. or Dirk in Mark. despite me being a realist and thinking that Dunn will be a fring starter in this league. and Mark may be a glorified Ryan Anderson.

I have realistic expectations I feel. and am not comparing young unproven players to multiple time all stars and HOF caliber players. to do so just makes you look silly

Hawkeye15
07-26-2017, 11:00 AM
Yes and Kris Dunn is well on his way...

out of the NBA....

I was on record, oh I don't know, 1000 times, saying Dunn sucked.

Here is the difference between me, and some Laker fans here..

I can be honest when my team does something bad. I can be honest when a pick might not have worked. And I can let a guy play a ****ing game before I declare him a first ballot HOF'er. I can also let a guy earn his spot after he sucks as a rookie.

Few differences for ya

btw, we traded Dunn, thank god. So he is no longer on my teams roster.

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 04:02 PM
I was on record, oh I don't know, 1000 times, saying Dunn sucked.

Here is the difference between me, and some Laker fans here..

I can be honest when my team does something bad. I can be honest when a pick might not have worked. And I can let a guy play a ****ing game before I declare him a first ballot HOF'er. I can also let a guy earn his spot after he sucks as a rookie.

Few differences for ya

btw, we traded Dunn, thank god. So he is no longer on my teams roster.

Who saying that Ball will be an HOFer?
The Haters just can't handle a Laker player having a buzz and excelling...and Lakerfans being happy/talking about it....It hurts your feelings...Your face wrinkles up reading the posts...heart burns...
FYI, I know Dunn was traded, hence my "he's on his way" out of the NBA....
You are lucky I can't go back and find your old posts from "The Best Young Core in the NBA" Thread...

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 04:04 PM
why do people still argue with clown? he was wrong on everything last year and thats not going to change now.

Good luck Philly fan...Drink responsibly and Stay Healthy my friend...

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 04:13 PM
it would be like me as a bulls fan saying we have the next John wall in Dunn. or Dirk in Mark. despite me being a realist and thinking that Dunn will be a fring starter in this league. and Mark may be a glorified Ryan Anderson.

Uhhh no it's not...Ball and Kuzma are playing at a very high level dude...Dunn could never shoot from Day 1...
and I will let you explain what Markkannen has done so far...I see he shot 29% over all and 25% from 3 point ranger in Summer League and ... There's reason why you are not talking about him...

TheDish87
07-26-2017, 04:18 PM
lol 'playing at a high level' jesus, dude.

5ass
07-26-2017, 04:19 PM
Even though Ball won MVP he wasnt that good. They fed him the ball too much for someone who wasnt efficienct. High turnover rate anx low shooting numbers. Defense was bad. That MVP means nothing long term and he wouldnt have won it without the hype and the Lakers trying their best to make him look like a star.

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 04:26 PM
First off, I never once said that 90 percent wouldn't make the NBA. I said 90 percent wouldn't be NBA starters. Secondly, I have no clue what you're talking about in terms of consistency. In what way have I been inconsistent?

I repeat... He. Hasn't. Done. Anything. He has not stepped on the floor against other NBA competition.

We'll see. On paper, Fultz is still the better prospect, but I go into the season with very few preconceived notions about the guys. If Ball outplays Fultz, I won't deny he's the superior player. But he has to actual do it in NBA games.

Please do. I love having conversations about young, talented players and how they're progressing during the season. Young talent is good for the league, and as much as I loathe the Lakers, I'd love to see the league add another elite playmaking point guard as those seem to be in shorter supplies these days. But my point is: let's assess his skills during the season, not anoint him as a star before he's ever stepped into an NBA game.

You're just generalizing based off a Tweet from Dwyane Wade. A single Tweet. That means nothing to me. Prove it in the league, and you'll earn my respect. I have no ****s to give about how well you perform in the Summer League or what athlete is giving you props on Twitter.

Well, unless he looks better on paper...

And I still have zero clue what your point was regarding Ryan Anderson. But it has literally no bearing on this conversation whatsoever.

I told you that Kuzma's game and skills translate well on the NBA level...He's 6'9", accurate from long range with a quick release...Can you make the connection now?...You should be able to make 20 million of them every year...

TheDish87
07-26-2017, 04:37 PM
how many NBA games has Kuzma played?

Hawkeye15
07-26-2017, 04:48 PM
Who saying that Ball will be an HOFer?
The Haters just can't handle a Laker player having a buzz and excelling...and Lakerfans being happy/talking about it....It hurts your feelings...Your face wrinkles up reading the posts...heart burns...
FYI, I know Dunn was traded, hence my "he's on his way" out of the NBA....
You are lucky I can't go back and find your old posts from "The Best Young Core in the NBA" Thread...

Wolves did have the best young core. It netted them Jimmy Butler, without even having to give up KAT, or Wiggins. So that young core yielded:

KAT
Butler
Wiggins

which is way ahead of whatever the Lakers or SIxers have to offer as a result of their young cores. 2 Wolves on that list will fight for all NBA. None of the Lakers/Sixers will.

5ass
07-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Wolves did have the best young core. It netted them Jimmy Butler, without even having to give up KAT, or Wiggins. So that young core yielded:

KAT
Butler
Wiggins

which is way ahead of whatever the Lakers or SIxers have to offer as a result of their young cores. 2 Wolves on that list will fight for all NBA. None of the Lakers/Sixers will.
Exactly.

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 06:08 PM

KAT
Butler
Wiggins

But it did cost 2 of your blue chip diamonds....lol...
Jimmy Butler is a very good player...But he's not a game changer...
You seem excited so so let me ask...
How many games will you win this year?

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 06:28 PM
KAT
Butler
Wiggins

We shall see my friend..we shall see...
I will be looking for you when we play head to head...
"It's just a regular season game...means nothing"...
OR "THIBS has to go"...
The Goal Posts will always continue to move...

5ass
07-26-2017, 06:36 PM

Probably double the Lakers win total.

mightybosstone
07-26-2017, 08:40 PM
First off, I never once said that 90 percent wouldn't make the NBA. I said 90 percent wouldn't be NBA starters. Secondly, I have no clue what you're talking about in terms of consistency. In what way have I been inconsistent?

I repeat... He. Hasn't. Done. Anything. He has not stepped on the floor against other NBA competition.

Well, unless he looks better on paper...
Jesus, you're awful at quoting posts. Seriously, it's been nine years... Figure it out!

But again, I have no ****ing clue what point you're making here. It's not that hard to put together a thought that other posters can understand. Cryptically bolding pieces of my previous post and then saying something vague relating to a single statement I made like "Well, unless he looks better on paper..." with a laughing emoji means literally nothing to me.

Also, I love how you conveniently glossed over relevant point I made. You're as incapable of of having a legitimate basketball argument as you are incapable of being an objective fan, which is a bad combination for an Internet sports forum.

I told you that Kuzma's game and skills translate well on the NBA level...He's 6'9", accurate from long range with a quick release...Can you make the connection now?...You should be able to make 20 million of them every year...
Yes, because you actually made the ****ing connection. You never once previously said "Kuzma should be a successful stretch 4, similar to a guy like Anderson." That would have taken no time to type, but instead you just spewed a bunch of hate about Anderson and expected me to magically make the connection myself. Not a mind reader, chief. I can't read something that you don't write.

As for that connection, I think Anderson's pretty clearly the superior shooter. Anderson scored 21 points a game and shot 41 percent from the 3-point line his last season in college. Kuzma scored 16 a night, but shot only 32 percent from the 3-point line and shot only 30.2 percent over his entire collegiate career. Anderson was also a higher draft pick than Kuzma and has never really come close to being an All-Star, so making the leap to compare Kuzma to Klay and then falling all the way back to Ryno is a pretty big dropoff.

5ass
07-26-2017, 08:46 PM
Ban edush.

Kyben36
07-26-2017, 09:36 PM

Uhhh no it's not...Ball and Kuzma are playing at a very high level dude...Dunn could never shoot from Day 1...
and I will let you explain what Markkannen has done so far...I see he shot 29% over all and 25% from 3 point ranger in Summer League and ... There's reason why you are not talking about him...

neither could wall dude. lol and I don't put much on 10 games vs **** comp

you really need to take a look on the mirror if you think kuzma will shoot 40 percent from three when he was such **** through his college career. you need to get your head examined if you think kuzma will shoot better than Mark from 3 based on a.10 game sample and not look at the whole college career where Mark shot 40 plus and kuzma could barely break 30

if you can't acknowledge that there is something wrong with you. you want to pretend that summer league matters. well I'm pretty sure Doug McDermott shot like 50 percent from 3 and scored like 25 ppg. but I'm not dumb enough to compare him to klay Thompson

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 10:23 PM
“I’ve been working since the end of the season to improve my shooting ability,” Kuzma said. “It’s all about getting reps and being in the gym.”

Kuzma has focused more than just on taking plenty of shots in his workouts. That work helped him improve his 3-point shooting at the University of Utah as a sophomore (25.5%) to a junior (31.2%). Kuzma also became mindful he would have to tinker with his approach when accounting for the distance in the 3-point line from the basket in college basketball (19 feet, nine inches) and in the NBA (23 feet, nine inches).

“I have to get my legs into it,” Kuzma said. “The college 3, you can shoot like it’s a free throw. But it being that deep, I have to really focus on getting my legs into it and the mechanics in my shot. By doing so, I’m more efficient and effective.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/07/09/kyle-kuzmas-work-shot-helped-summer-league-game/

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 10:26 PM
I wonder if the Rockets would trade Anderson for Kuzma???

I know the Lakers would laugh at that...
Magic may drop, roll and laugh...

:laugh:

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 10:28 PM
Jimmy Butler will be lucky to make the Western Allstars' bench as a 2nd or 3rd alternative if a few players sit out...

Rocco007
07-26-2017, 10:45 PM
That’s why after his July 12 matchup against the 76ers, I caught Kuzma just before he headed to the team bus. With all the hype surrounding Ball, I wondered, did he feel he had something to prove?

“Yeah for sure,” Kuzma told SB Nation. “I wouldn’t say prove that I belong on this team but that I belong on this level. I’ve been doubted my entire life. So for me to come out here, I wanted to prove that I was worth that 27th pick. I think I’ve showed that.”

After hitting the jackpot in the draft lottery to land Ball with the No. 2 overall pick, it appears Magic Johnson has struck gold once again. Kuzma can play both the three and four. He can guard virtually every position and has the length, speed, shooting stroke, and athleticism that fits perfectly with Los Angeles’ point guard of the future.
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/18/15987762/kyle-kuzma-summer-league-lakers-lonzo-ball

mightybosstone
07-26-2017, 11:04 PM
“I’ve been working since the end of the season to improve my shooting ability,” Kuzma said. “It’s all about getting reps and being in the gym.”

Kuzma has focused more than just on taking plenty of shots in his workouts. That work helped him improve his 3-point shooting at the University of Utah as a sophomore (25.5%) to a junior (31.2%). Kuzma also became mindful he would have to tinker with his approach when accounting for the distance in the 3-point line from the basket in college basketball (19 feet, nine inches) and in the NBA (23 feet, nine inches).

“I have to get my legs into it,” Kuzma said. “The college 3, you can shoot like it’s a free throw. But it being that deep, I have to really focus on getting my legs into it and the mechanics in my shot. By doing so, I’m more efficient and effective.”

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/2017/07/09/kyle-kuzmas-work-shot-helped-summer-league-game/
What point are you trying to make here? This proves nothing. If you asked any player in the entire NBA about what they're working on this offseason, they'd probably talk about fine-tuning their shot. Just because he's working on it doesn't mean he's suddenly going to be a better shooter than one of the best 3-point shooters in the entire NBA.

:facepalm: Of course they wouldn't. Because Anderson's on a mediocre contract, and they're a rebuilding team. Why would they trade a rookie for a 29-year-old on a bad contract? But if their contracts were the same, I can't think of a single contending team in the league that would rather have Kuzma or Anderson.

Seriously, dude, this stuff is common sense.

That’s why after his July 12 matchup against the 76ers, I caught Kuzma just before he headed to the team bus. With all the hype surrounding Ball, I wondered, did he feel he had something to prove?

“Yeah for sure,” Kuzma told SB Nation. “I wouldn’t say prove that I belong on this team but that I belong on this level. I’ve been doubted my entire life. So for me to come out here, I wanted to prove that I was worth that 27th pick. I think I’ve showed that.”

After hitting the jackpot in the draft lottery to land Ball with the No. 2 overall pick, it appears Magic Johnson has struck gold once again. Kuzma can play both the three and four. He can guard virtually every position and has the length, speed, shooting stroke, and athleticism that fits perfectly with Los Angeles’ point guard of the future.
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/7/18/15987762/kyle-kuzma-summer-league-lakers-lonzo-ball
Great job quoting an SB Nation "article" (which is not remotely real journalism). A vague, fanboy-biased scouting report still means nothing to me. I don't know why you have such a problem with letting the guys play before we crown them as star players. Maybe take off your homer glasses for two seconds and try to look at your team objectively for a change. :shrug:

mightybosstone
07-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Jimmy Butler will be lucky to make the Western Allstars' bench as a 2nd or 3rd alternative if a few players sit out...

And zero Lakers will be playing in the All-Star game next season. And it's extremely unlikely that any Lakers currently on the roster will be playing in an All-Star game in the next 2-3 years.

RLundi
07-26-2017, 11:34 PM
Rocco, I'm sorry, but you're honestly so annoying.

Kyben36
07-27-2017, 12:19 AM

as a player. I 100 percent take Anderson over kuzma. as a contract that's a different story. but it does not speak to the player. it's a terrible argument to make.

FWIW. your team just traded Russel who was the next Steph curry to get a center who I would claim is worse than Anderson. lol.

Kyben36
07-27-2017, 12:24 AM

lol. I have been working on my shot. lol. no doubt. but you think he was not in college shooting 30 percent. come on. of course everyone says that. rose said it for years never made him better. you really think him stepping out further to nba 3pt teritory and working in the offsessin turns him from 30 percent college to 41+ percent in the nba. (klay Thompson numbers.) you must be insane.

fact is. kuzma will probably have a very similar career to another 27 overall of the Lakers in Larry nance. if are expecting klay Thompson you are bound for disapointmenr

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 08:59 AM

That is why you build young rosters, to cash in on the ones you don't feel are necessary pieces. Butler isn't a game changer? Dude is a top 10 player in the game, just entering his peak. Yes, he changes games. He, and KAT, will fight for all NBA teams the next few years. That is absolutely, more than the Lakers have, anytime soon with their roster as is. Can they make a trade that helps, like the Wolves? Sure, if someone with a perennial all star views their young talent worth it. You need to hope someone on the roster develops into an all NBA talent, in which the Lakers are miles away from currently.

So yes, the Wolves young core, took/takes a crap on the Lakers young core.

Wolves young core resulted in:

KAT
Wiggins
Butler

Lakers resulted in:

Ball
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
Kuzma
Lopez

Which one of those 2 you taking? I already know your answer, but the actual answer is very, very easy. The 2 best players, long term, are KAT, and Butler.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 12:31 PM
That is why you build young rosters, to cash in on the ones you don't feel are necessary pieces. Butler isn't a game changer? Dude is a top 10 player in the game, just entering his peak. Yes, he changes games. He, and KAT, will fight for all NBA teams the next few years. That is absolutely, more than the Lakers have, anytime soon with their roster as is. Can they make a trade that helps, like the Wolves? Sure, if someone with a perennial all star views their young talent worth it. You need to hope someone on the roster develops into an all NBA talent, in which the Lakers are miles away from currently.

KAT
Wiggins
Butler

Lakers resulted in:

Ball
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
Kuzma
Lopez

Which one of those 2 you taking? I already know your answer, but the actual answer is very, very easy. The 2 best players, long term, are KAT, and Butler.

They traded one young guy to clear up cap space for next season. So the Lakers are still a work in progress, but I am pretty certain the Lakers mix of youth and stars will look better than the Wolves a year from now and Butler probably bolts 2 years from now. He isn't finishing his career in Minnesota

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 02:08 PM
They traded one young guy to clear up cap space for next season. So the Lakers are still a work in progress, but I am pretty certain the Lakers mix of youth and stars will look better than the Wolves a year from now and Butler probably bolts 2 years from now. He isn't finishing his career in Minnesota

I heartily disagree with the idea that the Lakers will necessarily be a better team on paper a year from now than Minnesota. There's too many question marks at this point. Let's assume they get one of either Lebron or George, but not both. To me, that's not enough. Butler is already better than George, and Butler and KAT combined is arguably better than Lebron. That Minnesota team is well-built with young guys who are already solid NBA talents, but the Lakers don't have a single top 50 player on their roster today. Unless they get both of George and Lebron or some other combination of multiple superstars, or Ball has one of the all-time great rookie seasons, Minnesota is the better basketball team on paper.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:13 PM
I heartily disagree with the idea that the Lakers will necessarily be a better team on paper a year from now than Minnesota. There's too many question marks at this point. Let's assume they get one of either Lebron or George, but not both. To me, that's not enough. Butler is already better than George, and Butler and KAT combined is arguably better than Lebron. That Minnesota team is well-built with young guys who are already solid NBA talents, but the Lakers don't have a single top 50 player on their roster today. Unless they get both of George and Lebron or some other combination of multiple superstars, or Ball has one of the all-time great rookie seasons, Minnesota is the better basketball team on paper.

It really doesn't matter if you disagree(that is the only part I read). We will see in a year.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 02:15 PM

Butler and KAT will take the minimum to play for the Lakers. And the Wolves will fall into the abyss.

Dude, your roster doesn't have any players remotely close to all star talent, the Wolves do. That is a result of the drafting by the Lakers and Wolves. Them's is the facts. You speculating is great and all, I am simply stating the fact the Wolves young core was better, netted them a perennial all star entering his peak, and their 2 best players are exponentially better than anything the Lakers have going into next year.

But whatever, keep preaching dude

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Thats great, The wolves also have been rebuilding way longer than the Lakers and have been a lotto team for a very long time.

They are not further ahead if they started way before. All I am saying is the Lakers have a plan for 2018 and used a young asset to open space for next season, and will mostlikely have space for 2 max players. The Lakers will be back to the playoffs way faster than the 13 years it has been for the Wolves.

Been in the lotto for 13 years, ofcourse you are further ahead. The Lakers have 2 championships and have started a rebuild since the Wolves have been rebuilding.

The Wolves better make the playoffs, no team should be givin a 13 year rebuilding window, and a fan of that team shouldn't be bragging about that.

do you even read people's posts? You remind me of a friend of mine, you can just see him waiting for you to shut up so he can talk.

Where, the ****, have I ever bragged about the Wolves? haha

people wonder why your Lakers are so hated. It's fairweather know it all fans is why. The pure lack of reasoning and reality you possess is hilarious.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:23 PM
Butler and KAT will take the minimum to play for the Lakers. And the Wolves will fall into the abyss.

Dude, your roster doesn't have any players remotely close to all star talent, the Wolves do. That is a result of the drafting by the Lakers and Wolves. Them's is the facts. You speculating is great and all, I am simply stating the fact the Wolves young core was better, netted them a perennial all star entering his peak, and their 2 best players are exponentially better than anything the Lakers have going into next year.

But whatever, keep preaching dude

Thats great, The wolves also have been rebuilding way longer than the Lakers and have been a lotto team for a very long time.

They are not further ahead if they started way before. All I am saying is the Lakers have a plan for 2018 and used a young asset to open space for next season, and will mostlikely have space for 2 max players. The Lakers will be back to the playoffs way faster than the 13 years it has been for the Wolves.

Been in the lotto for 13 years, ofcourse you are further ahead. The Lakers have 2 championships and have started a rebuild since the Wolves have been rebuilding.

The Wolves better make the playoffs, no team should be givin a 13 year rebuilding window, and a fan of that team shouldn't be bragging about that.

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 02:24 PM
It really doesn't matter if you disagree(that is the only part I read). We will see in a year.

:shrug: Well, it kind of does, chief. It's an Internet sports forum. If all we ever said was say "It doesn't really matter if you disagree" and then we completely ignored each other's talking points, we wouldn't really have any discussion at all. My points are every bit as valid as yours, and I would argue moreso in this case because I think the odds are more likely in my favor. Minnesota's roster is already put together. Your hypothetical Laker roster doesn't even exist yet.

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 02:27 PM

Now you're just getting defensive. Nobody is saying that the Wolves have done an amazing job with the franchise over the last decade and a half. We're saying that the Wolves roster right now is simply light years ahead of where the Lakers are today, and barring a truly massive upgrade next summer, it's very unlikely the Lakers will pass them by the start of the 2018-19 season.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:27 PM
:shrug: Well, it kind of does, chief. It's an Internet sports forum. If all we ever said was say "It doesn't really matter if you disagree" and then we completely ignored each other's talking points, we wouldn't really have any discussion at all. My points are every bit as valid as yours, and I would argue moreso in this case because I think the odds are more likely in my favor. Minnesota's roster is already put together. Your hypothetical Laker roster doesn't even exist yet.

It doesn't though. I said we will have to wait and see what the lakers do next offseason. I said i was pretty certain.

You can disagree with a roster you haven't seen yet. Go right ahead, Chief...

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 02:32 PM
It doesn't though. I said we will have to wait and see what the lakers do next offseason. I said i was pretty certain.

You can disagree with a roster you haven't seen yet. Go right ahead, Chief...
But an existing NBA roster with superstars has more validity than a hypothetical roster that exists based solely on rumor and conjecture with zero hard evidence to back it up and no top 50 players currently on board. Do you seriously not get that?

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Now you're just getting defensive. Nobody is saying that the Wolves have done an amazing job with the franchise over the last decade and a half. We're saying that the Wolves roster right now is simply light years ahead of where the Lakers are today, and barring a truly massive upgrade next summer, it's very unlikely the Lakers will pass them by the start of the 2018-19 season.

It is better because of the 13 year headstart. You can think what you want about next season. There is a reason Magic and Rob cleared up cap space a year in advance.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:36 PM
But an existing NBA roster with superstars has more validity than a hypothetical roster that exists based solely on rumor and conjecture with zero hard evidence to back it up and no top 50 players currently on board. Do you seriously not get that?

Ok, but I was talking abouit the rumor, so why butt in and try anc change what I am talking about? Just to sound right? Don't try and change my subject just because you don't agree.

TheDish87
07-27-2017, 02:36 PM
lol the desperation and lack of a logical responses from these lakers fans is mind numbing. they always go off topic to find a way to bolster their position. i am going to thoroughly enjoy when they strike out in FA next year.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:38 PM
lol the desperation and lack of a logical responses from these lakers fans is mind numbing. they always go off topic to find a way to bolster their position. i am going to thoroughly enjoy when they strike out in FA next year.

The Lakers striking out next year will probably be your most enjoyable basketball moment in the last 10 years.

TheDish87
07-27-2017, 02:45 PM
The Lakers striking out next year will probably be your most enjoyable basketball moment in the last 10 years.

nah. not even close. but hey keep clinging to internet rumors with no validity to them!

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:45 PM
nah. not even close. but hey keep clinging to internet rumors with no validity to them!

Ok. You keep reading rumors from the newspaper.

You do know the Internet is a big deal. Some of the guys that used the Internet and the twitter to comment on the Lakers rumors are legit sports reporters and writers on websites that are located on the Internet.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Ok, but I was talking abouit the rumor, so why butt in and try anc change what I am talking about? Just to sound right? Don't try and change my subject just because you don't agree.

you were the one that changed the subject.

TheDish87
07-27-2017, 02:54 PM
do you not know what a rumor is?

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:56 PM
you were the one that changed the subject.
How? I said the Lakers traded an asset for money to spend next season. That seems to be true with the 1 year contracts this year and the Lopez expiring.

The Wolves haven't drafted better. Their draft history has been pretty bad. Got Wiggins with a trade and landed Kat with the number 1 pick in the draft. If you sick for 13 years, you will land a good player or 2.

Nothing special, let's see what they get out of it. Will they be competing for titles or will Kat and Butler be leaving when they can like KG and Love.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 02:57 PM
do you not know what a rumor is?

Yes, I read them on the Internet

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 03:12 PM
How? I said the Lakers traded an asset for money to spend next season. That seems to be true with the 1 year contracts this year and the Lopez expiring.

The Wolves haven't drafted better. Their draft history has been pretty bad. Got Wiggins with a trade and landed Kat with the number 1 pick in the draft. If you sick for 13 years, you will land a good player or 2.

Nothing special, let's see what they get out of it. Will they be competing for titles or will Kat and Butler be leaving when they can like KG and Love.

You replied to a conversation, in which I pointed out to Rocco, that the Wolves young core, was better. I provided why. You then decided to play the, "wait till next year" deal, when a reply came, you attacked that person's team, the norm for you as a defensive Laker fan.

You changed....the subject. Which is fine, but then you reply to yet another poster who was replying on subject, when he tells you your hypotheticals don't matter (they don't), in that conversation, that he changed the subject.

Nah, you did.

We get it. Over time, the Lakers have gotten what they want. Yes, many non-Laker fans have loved the last few years, and would be fine if you sucked forever. But, none of us really care either. Attacking other fan bases and their teams is absolutely defensive, and comes off as childish. I have never seen you in a conversation non-Lakers, and I don't post a lot on the Lakers, because it turns into pages of accusations, hater-isms, and defensive, gang up mentality that accomplishes nothing.

The Lakers will probably be back. Even with crappy front office work the last few years, and large markets not meaning as much anymore. And then you can puff out your chest just as you hoped. Until then, we have a reality that we live in, and in that reality, the Lakers suck right now.

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 03:17 PM
You replied to a conversation, in which I pointed out to Rocco, that the Wolves young core, was better. I provided why. You then decided to play the, "wait till next year" deal, when a reply came, you attacked that person's team, the norm for you as a defensive Laker fan.

You changed....the subject. Which is fine, but then you reply to yet another poster who was replying on subject, when he tells you your hypotheticals don't matter (they don't), in that conversation, that he changed the subject.

Nah, you did.

We get it. Over time, the Lakers have gotten what they want. Yes, many non-Laker fans have loved the last few years, and would be fine if you sucked forever. But, none of us really care either. Attacking other fan bases and their teams is absolutely defensive, and comes off as childish. I have never seen you in a conversation non-Lakers, and I don't post a lot on the Lakers, because it turns into pages of accusations, hater-isms, and defensive, gang up mentality that accomplishes nothing.

The Lakers will probably be back. Even with crappy front office work the last few years, and large markets not meaning as much anymore. And then you can puff out your chest just as you hoped. Until then, we have a reality that we live in, and in that reality, the Lakers suck right now.

I just pointed out the Wolves have a 13 year head start on accumulating high draft picks. Lakers have like 4 years.

13 plus lotto picks or 4, who would you expect to have a better young core and be able to trade pieces for a star?

Pretty obvious answer, it isn't an accomplishment. I never said the Lakers have a better young core, but you shouldn't be defending a spot that took your team 13 years to get to.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 03:28 PM
I just pointed out the Wolves have a 13 year head start on accumulating high draft picks. Lakers have like 4 years.

13 plus lotto picks or 4, who would you expect to have a better young core and be able to trade pieces for a star?

Pretty obvious answer, it isn't an accomplishment. I never said the Lakers have a better young core, but you shouldn't be defending a spot that took your team 13 years to get to.

obviously. And I still don't trust the Wolves not to screw it up.

Have you met Rocco? You deal with that dude. Need to keep it very simple for him, can't live in reasoning or hypotheticals.

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 04:36 PM
lol. I have been working on my shot. lol. no doubt. but you think he was not in college shooting 30 percent. come on. of course everyone says that. rose said it for years never made him better. you really think him stepping out further to nba 3pt teritory and working in the offsessin turns him from 30 percent college to 41+ percent in the nba. (klay Thompson numbers.) you must be insane.

fact is. kuzma will probably have a very similar career to another 27 overall of the Lakers in Larry nance. if are expecting klay Thompson you are bound for disapointmenr

So the fact that he went out and shot 48% from NBA 3 point range over 7 or 8 games means nothing...alright buddy... You've made your case...It was due to the weak competition...

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 04:41 PM

KAT
Wiggins
Butler

Lakers resulted in:

Ball
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
Kuzma
Lopez

As you were writing this post and listing those Laker names you grew less and less confident...You ain't winning squat with KAT, Wiggins and Butler in the West as your big 3...
I remember saying that Ingram will be a much better player than Wiggins...and this is the year it will be apparent...
Now as far as Butler and KAT being better than Ball, Randle, Nance, Kuzma, Zubac, Clarkson and Lopez???...

I will let your basketball IQ reason with that answer...

Gibby23
07-27-2017, 04:45 PM
So the fact that he went out and shot 48% from NBA 3 point range over 7 or 8 games means nothing...alright buddy... You've made your case...It was due to the weak competition...

I think the case was small sample size.

TheDish87
07-27-2017, 04:47 PM
So the fact that he went out and shot 48% from NBA 3 point range over 7 or 8 (SL) games means nothing...alright buddy... You've made your case...It was due to the weak competition...

correct. good job.

TheDish87
07-27-2017, 04:49 PM
yea bcuz forget being able to defend or get boards! oh and Marc Gasol is the best 'stretch 5' and its not even really close.

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 04:50 PM
When did Brook Lopez turn into an overpaid Gorgui Dieng scrub???

Best Stretch 5 in the NBA?
2016/2017 made 3 pointers

Wiggins 103
KAT 101
Lavine 120

Lopez 134

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 04:54 PM
When did Brook Lopez turn into an overpaid Gorgui Dieng scrub???

Best Stretch 5 in the NBA?
2016/2017 made 3 pointers

Wiggins 103
KAT 101
Lavine 120

Lopez 134

best player?

KAT by around 1000 miles

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 04:55 PM
As you were writing this post and listing those Laker names you grew less and less confident...You ain't winning squat with KAT, Wiggins and Butler in the West as your big 3...
I remember saying that Ingram will be a much better player than Wiggins...and this is the year it will be apparent...
Now as far as Butler and KAT being better than Ball, Randle, Nance, Kuzma, Zubac, Clarkson and Lopez???...

I will let your basketball IQ reason with that answer...

You need to hope Ingram is much better than Wiggins. You need him to be better than butt reaming average...

KAT/Butler craps on everything you have currently. My IQ came up with that.

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 04:57 PM
correct. good job.

But Fultz is better than Ball on paper...

:win:

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 05:33 PM
You need to hope Ingram is much better than Wiggins. You need him to be better than butt reaming average...

KAT/Butler craps on everything you have currently. My IQ came up with that.

:hi5:

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 05:35 PM
And people say Lakerfans are delusional?//

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 05:47 PM
best player?

KAT by around 1000 miles

PER 36
KAT
24.5 pts 12 rebs 1.2 blks 0.7 assists 54 % fg

Lopez
24.9 pts 6.5 rebs 2.0 Blks 2.9 assists 53 % fg

That looks like 1000 miles to you? And that's just 1 player out of the list...

Brook Lopez played 29 mins a game...
KAT played almost 38 mins a game...
Thibs will wear the brakes off that kid before long...
Worst bench in the NBA...

Celticsfan2007
07-27-2017, 05:49 PM
PER 36
KAT
24.5 pts 12 rebs 1.2 blks 0.7 assists 54 % fg

Lopez
24.9 pts 6.5 rebs 2.0 Blks 2.9 assists 53 % fg

That looks like 1000 miles to you? And that's just 1 player out of the list...

Brook Lopez played 29 mins a game...
KAT played almost 38 mins a game...
Thibs will wear the brakes off that kid before long...
Worst bench in the NBA...

LOL. This dude just straight up tried to compare BROOK ****ING LOPEZ to KAT.

This isn't even a conversational worthy topic. Lock it up!

WaDe03
07-27-2017, 05:51 PM
Bulls have the best young core.

Payne/Grant
Lavine/Valentine
Markonen or whatever/Zipser
Portis
Felicio

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 07:29 PM

What the hell are you talking about? I've been on topic the entire time. I've consistently stayed on point to make the one case I've been debating with you for multiple pages now: that Minnesota a year from now is more likely to be the better basketball team than the Lakers. You're the one who keeps going off on tangents that have nothing to do with that argument, like about how Minnesota has had a longer opportunity to rebuild.

mightybosstone
07-27-2017, 07:30 PM
And people say Lakerfans are delusional?//

Not all Lakers fans necessarily. Just the two of them in this thread.

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 07:45 PM
LOL. This dude just straight up tried to compare BROOK ****ING LOPEZ to KAT.

This isn't even a conversational worthy topic. Lock it up!

I'm glad your hair is on fire...and the bubble burst...
Men and women lie...
Numbers don't...

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 07:46 PM
Not all Lakers fans necessarily. Just the two of them in this thread.

The only 2 responding to the 100 haters?...
I can handle you all by myself...no help needed...

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 07:48 PM
Bulls have the best young core.

Payne/Grant
Lavine/Valentine
Markonen or whatever/Zipser
Portis
Felicio

What happened to Khris Dunn? My how the mighty have fallen....:speechless:

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 07:51 PM
A couple days after Kuzma posted that, NBA champion and Finals MVP Kevin Durant tweeted that he understands exactly how the 21-year-old feels.

Kevin Durant ✔ @KDTrey5
Oh yea "you can call me anything but don't forget to call me an MVP and a champ"-Kuzma
I feel u my g 💯
1:03 PM - Jul 19, 2017
20,281 20,281 Retweets 68,639 68,639 likes

Kuzma responded with only three 100 emojis, but imagine how he must’ve felt after reading that from KD — a player he has probably been watching for most of his life (Kuzma was about 11 years old when Durant entered the league).

Damn KD paying attention to a summer league bum...

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 08:02 PM
Brook Lopez was a Lottery pick and has averaged more than 20 pts in 4 out of his 9 NBA seasons...Per 36 more than 20 ps in 7 out of 9...He was injury prone betweem 2011 and 2014..Since then he has changed his work out regimen and has not missed more than 9 games in 1 season...

He just turned 29 years old...and just added a 3 point stroke to his game...

He played for the NEts his whole career...and now he's come home to Hollywood...

So for those that don't know any better....Well don't consider yourself a student of the game...
You are just a front runner...He's been one of the most talented big men in the NBA for years...

Rocco007
07-27-2017, 08:06 PM
Spencer Dinwiddie‏Verified account
@SDinwiddie_25

Brook a monster...I hope everyone sees how talented he is in LA

3:53 PM - 20 Jun 2017

jphysics
07-27-2017, 09:33 PM

KAT
Wiggins
Butler

Lakers resulted in:

Ball
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
Kuzma
Lopez

In terms of building a future powerhouse (not who is best next year), here's my order:

As the true Lakers homer I am:

Ball
KAT
Wiggins
Ingram
Butler
Kuzma
Randle
Nance
Clarkson
Lopez

edit: I think most people would take KAT over Ball, and maybe put Butler higher. I am prioritizing youth though.

Hawkeye15
07-27-2017, 10:39 PM
All people would take KAT over Ball. Except Laker homers. Really unrational ones.

And Butler is likely better than any prospect the Lakers have down the road. Simple statistical probabilities tell us something as simple as that..1000s enter the NBA. Only a small numbee make all NBA/defensive teams.

WaDe03
07-27-2017, 10:55 PM
What happened to Khris Dunn? My how the mighty have fallen....:speechless:

I knew I was forgetting someone. For sure the best young players in the league on the Bulls. Have you seen Cam Payne dance?!

:dance:

WaDe03
07-27-2017, 10:55 PM
Butler is a top 10 player in the league.

eDush
07-27-2017, 11:22 PM
All people would take KAT over Ball. Except Laker homers. Really unrational ones.

And Butler is likely better than any prospect the Lakers have down the road. Simple statistical probabilities tell us something as simple as that..1000s enter the NBA. Only a small numbee make all NBA/defensive teams.I would take KAT over any center the Dubs ever had in the past several decades. I trade our entire front court roster not named Green for KAT right now and I am somewhat of a homer too but not foolish.
:no:

Storch
07-28-2017, 12:54 AM
Rating Ball over Butler and KAT right now is stupid. I am the biggest lonzo fan but cmon!!!

Rocco007
07-28-2017, 02:15 AM
I can ask the average sports fan...
Have you heard of Karl Anthony Towns or Lonzo Ball?

As a Rookie he will be a bigger attraction...and star...

Good luck with your career in Minny bro...#blackhole

Trump just tweeted...
SAd...

Rocco007
07-28-2017, 02:44 AM

And Butler is likely better than any prospect the Lakers have down the road. Simple statistical probabilities tell us something as simple as that..1000s enter the NBA. Only a small numbee make all NBA/defensive teams.

I guess you didn't see it the 1st time...
How many games are you winning this year?

Rocco007
07-28-2017, 02:49 AM

KAT
Wiggins
Butler

Lakers resulted in:

Ball
Ingram
Clarkson
Randle
Nance
Kuzma
Lopez

This is still killing me... wtf?...

mightybosstone
07-28-2017, 05:16 AM
This is still killing me... wtf?...

Any remotely competent NBA fan or analyst would take the Wolves young core over the Lakers, and if you think otherwise, you're either a massive homer or are one of the single worst judges of talent I've ever seen on PSD whose opinions should be taken seriously by no one.

Change out of your Laker onesie, take off those purple and gold goggles, and quit mollesting those cardboard cutouts of Kobe and Lonzo Ball for two seconds to judge NBA players objectively. You might actually become a halfway tolerable poster (although I seriously doubt it).

mightybosstone
07-28-2017, 05:17 AM
I guess you didn't see it the 1st time...
How many games are you winning this year?

At least 10 more than the Lakers. ;)

WaDe03
07-28-2017, 09:38 AM
I would take KAT over any center the Dubs ever had in the past several decades. I trade our entire front court roster not named Green for KAT right now and I am somewhat of a homer too but not foolish.

So you're giving a package like KD, Iggy, Young, Casspi, Zaza, and Javale for KAT?

You DO NOT want to give up your entire front court except for Green, trust me on this. :nod:

TheDish87
07-28-2017, 09:52 AM
best part is not even other laker homers agree with this dude when he goes off the rail.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 10:30 AM
I would take KAT over any center the Dubs ever had in the past several decades. I trade our entire front court roster not named Green for KAT right now and I am somewhat of a homer too but not foolish.

But for you "home" is a transient thing.

Scoots
07-28-2017, 10:31 AM
This thread has gone WAY off course from the OP.

eDush
07-28-2017, 10:44 AM

But for you "home" is a transient thing.No I been a Dubs fans long before they drafted my Steph so i suffered the constant losing just like you. Now if that doesn't show loyalty to a team, I don't know what does :(

TheDish87
07-28-2017, 10:52 AM
This thread has gone WAY off course from the OP.

look who the OP is. are you shocked?

WaDe03
07-28-2017, 10:59 AM
No I been a Dubs fans long before they drafted my Steph so i suffered the constant losing just like you. Now if that doesn't show loyalty to a team, I don't know what does :(

But what about those Cavs days?

Scoots
07-28-2017, 10:59 AM
look who the OP is. are you shocked?

Not at all :)

jphysics
07-28-2017, 12:55 PM
The question was about building a young core, not rating players right now. Butler is 27 and the rest of these guys are 19-21. He'll be old by the time the rest of these guys are ready to compete for a championship, so you would be better off with a Lonzo KAT Ingram Wiggins core to start.

TheDish87
07-28-2017, 01:25 PM
Sixers core is still likely better but i wont make the claim til our core plays the first 25+ games together befoer I say we top Minny but we are waaay ahead of LAL

Scoots
07-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Too many young guys delays their development. You need quality vets to lead them most of the time (some young guys are self driven).

Hawkeye15
07-28-2017, 03:46 PM
The question was about building a young core, not rating players right now. Butler is 27 and the rest of these guys are 19-21. He'll be old by the time the rest of these guys are ready to compete for a championship, so you would be better off with a Lonzo KAT Ingram Wiggins core to start.

and building a young core, got the Wolves a star player, while keeping 2 young players, one of which is a star any day. That is the point. The Wolves young core, was good enough, to cash in and get a stud vet who is only 27, and still keep their 2 best young prospects.

That core, was better. The results of the Wolves young core over the past 2 years, is simply stronger than any other team. That isn't necessarily a compliment, we sucked for well over a decade, and happened to have a star who didn't fit, and a team that needed him, and got a Love/Wiggins swap. KAT came to us because we sucked, and won the lottery. If you immediately reset the conversation when there are transactions, then on behalf of all Wolves fans, we bow out of this conversation happily.

KAT alone still outweighs a bunch of unknowns, or meh prospects btw. I get you guys are all hyped up about Ball, but until he plays a game, he isn't ****. The rest of the core? Not so good to date. The Sixers I would take ahead of the Lakers anyday of the week. And that is with 2 of their guys in the same position Ball is in..

Rocco007
07-28-2017, 03:50 PM
Any remotely competent NBA fan or analyst would take the Wolves young core over the Lakers, and if you think otherwise, you're either a massive homer or are one of the single worst judges of talent I've ever seen on PSD whose opinions should be taken seriously by no one.

Change out of your Laker onesie, take off those purple and gold goggles, and quit mollesting those cardboard cutouts of Kobe and Lonzo Ball for two seconds to judge NBA players objectively. You might actually become a halfway tolerable poster (although I seriously doubt it).

So let me get this straight...
You already know Ball, Ingram, Randle or Kuzma won't be ever as good or better than Wiggins, Butler or KAT? Butler was a 30th pick right?...
KCP is a product of our young core as well...We traded Russell for Kuzma, Lopez and capspace...opening up a spot at SG...
Just so you know when the Lakers play the Wolves that scrub Brook Lopez will cancel out your HOFer KAT....just so you know in advance...and then you can deal with the rest of our scrubs...

Hawkeye15
07-28-2017, 03:50 PM
You already know Ball, Ingram, Randle or Kuzma won't be ever as good or better than Wiggins, Butler or KAT?
KCP is a product of our young core as well...We traded Russell for Kuzma, Lopez and capspace...opening up a spot at SG...
Just so you know when the Lakers play the Wolves that scrub Brook Lopez will cancel out your HOFer KAT....just so you know in advance...and then you can deal with the rest of our scrubs...

Just for the sheer enjoyment, I would love for Wiggins to land with the Lakers. Just to see you bend over backwards to defend him.

Wolves will go 81-1, losing to only the Warriors in triple OT on the road. Book it

Rocco007
07-28-2017, 03:52 PM
At least 10 more than the Lakers. ;)

Minny fans have the loudest barks and the weakest bites...same **** every year...
Same bat time...Same bat channel...

When the rubber meets the road...My young Lakers will run the Wolves out the gym...any day..every day...

jaydubb
07-28-2017, 04:21 PM
You already know Ball, Ingram, Randle or Kuzma won't be ever as good or better than Wiggins, Butler or KAT? Butler was a 30th pick right?...
Just so you know when the Lakers play the Wolves that scrub Brook Lopez will cancel out your HOFer KAT....just so you know in advance...and then you can deal with the rest of our scrubs...Rocco.. Come on man, look I'm pretty high on the lakers young core also but come on, KAT alone is a generational type player.. I think he's already a top 10 player in the entire NBA already and may be top 5 next year tbh.. I wouldn't say that about any of the lakers young core, at least not yet.

Lonzo and Ingram have the potential, I'll give you that, but they haven't proved it against nba talent yet so saying they are legit is like a silent dry fart, other people won't see the evidence of it (unless it's a shart), but deep down inside you know in your gut that it's there..

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

eDush
07-29-2017, 09:18 AM
1.Lonzo Ball
2.Kyle Kuzma
3.Jason Tatum
4.Dennis Smith Jr
5.De'Aaron Fox
6.John Collins
7.Donovan Mitchell
8.Josh Jackson
9.Markelle Futlz
10.Caleb Swanigan

These are my top 3 players to draft in that order after watching the SL

Fultz https://youtu.be/ASQSTjgf7zs
Jackson
Fox

One of them is special, one of them a baby Kawhi and one of them is a baby Wall. Now to pick who will win rookie of the year, it's either Fox or Lonzo but I don't value first year production as much when drafting and it shows how much I value meaningless SL games :nod:

:dance:

kobe4thewinbang
07-29-2017, 01:02 PM
He's a taller Jeremy Lin. He'll put up decent numbers in the pick and roll all day but then will fall off big time when he's asked to play in an offense that isn't catered to him. Could be a lot sooner than later depending on if Lopez feels like setting screens all day or not.Um, while they are still coveting Ingram and hoping he develops, Lonzo Ball is clearly THE focal point of the Lakers moving forward, not frickin' Brook "Trade Block" Lopez. No indication that Lopez ain't down with the new plan for LA, so he better set screens or he'll ride the bench behind the young bloods in Randle/Nance/Bryant/Zubac. He's a taller Rondo, which is why I'm glad they didn't sign Rajon. Lonzo's shot looked a lot better already and those guys weren't just open. Lonzo was creating out there.

Rocco007
07-29-2017, 04:48 PM
Rocco.. Come on man, look I'm pretty high on the lakers young core also but come on, KAT alone is a generational type player.. I think he's already a top 10 player in the entire NBA already and may be top 5 next year tbh.. I wouldn't say that about any of the lakers young core, at least not yet.

You are entitled to your opinion...KAT has led he Minnesota Wolves to 60 wins in his 2 years there with a team thats was supposedly stacked...Your standards and mine are different...Simple...
Lonzo Ball will show you what a Generational type talent really is...

and don't come crawling back either...Keep your words...

I can't stand bandwagon fans...

mightybosstone
07-29-2017, 08:02 PM
You are entitled to your opinion...KAT has led he Minnesota Wolves to 60 wins in his 2 years there with a team thats was supposedly stacked...
Who in the hell would have called that Minnesota team last season "stacked?" Outside of Towns there wasn't a single other player on the roster anywhere close to the All-Star conversation. Rubio was probably the second best player on the roster based on most advanced stats, and he made a whopping 11 points a game. Dunn was terrible, LaVine and Wiggins were essentially just one-dimensional volume scorers, and Dieng was solid, but hardly spectacular.

Literally nobody would have said that team last season was "stacked."

Your standards and mine are different...Simple...

I don't get it. Why does it have to be everything or nothing with you? What's wrong with wanting to see a guy play in the NBA before treating him like a superstar? Why does that guy deserve to be berated just because he's being cautiously optimistic rather than being a massive homer?

More-Than-Most
07-29-2017, 08:27 PM
You are entitled to your opinion...KAT has led he Minnesota Wolves to 60 wins in his 2 years there with a team thats was supposedly stacked...Your standards and mine are different...Simple...

I can't stand bandwagon fans...

so by this thought process brandon ingram who you have a boner for has led the lakers to how many wins exactly? but that doesnt matter right?

jaydubb
07-30-2017, 01:27 AM

I can't stand bandwagon fans...Bandwagon fan? **** that, no way I'm a bandwagon fan, I'm just realistic.. Like I said I'm high on the lakers talent, but that's all it is at this point, talent.. Kat has already proved that he's a star in this league.. If saying that makes me a bandwagon then so be it.. I respect other players but it doesn't necessarily make me a fan of them or their team. Whatever tho

eDush
07-30-2017, 04:37 AM

I can't stand bandwagon fans...Bandwagon fan? **** that, no way I'm a bandwagon fan, I'm just realistic.. Like I said I'm high on the lakers talent, but that's all it is at this point, talent.. Kat has already proved that he's a star in this league.. If saying that makes me a bandwagon then so be it.. I respect other players but it doesn't necessarily make me a fan of them or their team. Whatever tho

Sent from my SM-G930P using TapatalkRocco is like the biggest Ball homer on this forum yet he hates bandwagon fans when his Lakers has the most bandwagon fans of any team since the Kobe and Shaq teamed up. He probably get beat up by hordes of bandwagoners if he keep it up :pity:

jaydubb
07-30-2017, 05:25 AM
Rocco is like the biggest Ball homer on this forum yet he hates bandwagon fans when his Lakers has the most bandwagon fans of any team since the Kobe and Shaq teamed up. He probably get beat up by hordes of bandwagoners if he keep it up :pity:I'm a laker fan but I'm also a realist.. I really like Lonzo a lot, but I wanna wait before I judge him, good or bad.. I liked what I saw in summer league but I also just wanna see him play against nba talent night in and night out

Kyben36
07-30-2017, 05:48 AM
guys. can't we all just let Rocco have his day dream and just make an agreement.

if

Lonzo = magic Johnson
Kuzma= Klay Thompson
Ingram = Kevin durrant

then (insert you team players here )

Kris Dunn = John wall
Zack Levine = Kobe Bryant
Lauri Markannen = Dirk

and I'm sure we will be meeting in the finals really soon. with those type of studs. LOL.

eDush
07-30-2017, 02:43 PM
guys. can't we all just let Rocco have his day dream and just make an agreement.

if

Lonzo = magic Johnson
Kuzma= Klay Thompson
Ingram = Kevin durrant

then (insert you team players here )

Kris Dunn = John wall
Zack Levine = Kobe Bryant
Lauri Markannen = Dirk

and I'm sure we will be meeting in the finals really soon. with those type of studs. LOL.The one I know that would never happen is Kuzma ending up like Klay. His game is not even remotely close to Klay when both played in college yet he may end up being Klay as a pro :laugh:

Oh I get it....this is a troll post :nod:

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Who in the hell would have called that Minnesota team last season "stacked?" Outside of Towns there wasn't a single other player on the roster anywhere close to the All-Star conversation. Rubio was probably the second best player on the roster based on most advanced stats, and he made a whopping 11 points a game. Dunn was terrible, LaVine and Wiggins were essentially just one-dimensional volume scorers, and Dieng was solid, but hardly spectacular.

Literally nobody would have said that team last season was "stacked."

Wow...Minnyfans must all ignore eachother...Unless you have amnesia or are literally the only Wolves' fan not saying you had the best young team in the NBA for the last 2 seasons.....and probably 3rd season straight accorfing to your posts...
or you could be just a bullshatter...
Either way...check with your peers...
Kat didn't improve your team the 1st year...Then it was because of the HC...
and then neither did he do it under Thibs...
That's not Generational type talent in my book...Young talent putting up numbers but not changing the culture nor the outcome of games...

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 05:47 PM
so by this thought process brandon ingram who you have a boner for has led the lakers to how many wins exactly? but that doesnt matter right?

Get it right Phillyfan...
I never said Brandon Ingram was a Generational Type Talent...But I'm saying that about Lonzo Ball though...

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 05:56 PM
Bandwagon fan? **** that, no way I'm a bandwagon fan, I'm just realistic.. Like I said I'm high on the lakers talent, but that's all it is at this point, talent.. Kat has already proved that he's a star in this league.. If saying that makes me a bandwagon then so be it.. I respect other players but it doesn't necessarily make me a fan of them or their team. Whatever tho

Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post
Rocco.. Come on man, look I'm pretty high on the lakers young core also but come on, KAT alone is a generational type player.. I think he's already a top 10 player in the entire NBA already and may be top 5 next year tbh.. I wouldn't say that about any of the lakers young core, at least not yet.

The tale of two posts when you are called out...Which one is it?

You're a bandwagon fan because you will be riding that Lonzo Train next season...You believe in it before it happens, not after the fact...anybody can do that...
The one thing we have that no other NBA Franchise has?
Arguably The Best PG/Winner/Leader in our Front oFFice scouting, working out and co-signing on players...
He and Pelinka would've drafted Lonzo Ball #1...Lonzo Ball didn't work out for any other teams...
We forget...
The lakers were not overly impressed with Fultz, Jackson or DJS...But their minds were blown with Ball...and then he goes out and delivers...
You can wait until after the ZO show has started...and jump on the bandwagon then...
But it is what it is...

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 07:48 PM
Wow...Minnyfans must all ignore eachother...Unless you have amnesia or are literally the only Wolves' fan not saying you had the best young team in the NBA for the last 2 seasons.....and probably 3rd season straight accorfing to your posts...
That's not Generational type talent in my book...Young talent putting up numbers but not changing the culture nor the outcome of games...

:laugh: What in the hell has led you to believe that I'm a Timberwolves fan? Check the hometown and the sig, genius. I'm clearly a Rockets fan and have made that pretty damn clear over the last decade of posting in the NBA forum.

Scoots
07-30-2017, 09:02 PM
Rocco ... maybe you could tone back the bizarre level of hope you have for your team until you have some actual evidence to go on?

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 10:11 PM
:laugh: What in the hell has led you to believe that I'm a Timberwolves fan? Check the hometown and the sig, genius. I'm clearly a Rockets fan and have made that pretty damn clear over the last decade of posting in the NBA forum.

I can't keep up with SIGS...You and that Hawkeye dude think alike...
Minnyfans swear they've had the best young talent in the NBA for the last 3 seasons...stacked and oozing with talent...
with that being said...
The Generational talent that is KAT has managed to lead his team to a total of 60 wins the past 2 years...

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 10:17 PM
Rocco ... maybe you could tone back the bizarre level of hope you have for your team until you have some actual evidence to go on?

What's Bizarre?
That I believe in Lonzo Ball?
That I believe Kuzma is going to be a player?
That Brandon Ingram is going to break out this season?
That Brook Lopez is one of the most talented big men in the NBA?

Have you seen them play?

You all are the ones going blind because the hatorade levels are toxic..

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 10:39 PM
I can't keep up with SIGS...You and that Hawkeye dude think alike...
Minnyfans swear they've had the best young talent in the NBA for the last 3 seasons...stacked and oozing with talent...
with that being said...
The Generational talent that is KAT has managed to lead his team to a total of 60 wins the past 2 years...
So what? Your "generational talent" in Ball hasn't played a single second of NBA basketball.

Edit: Also, a sig is hardly something you need to "keep up with," especially mine, which hasn't changed in probably years. You'd think a fairly sizable image of Hakeem would be enough of a hint. But as dense as you are, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Scoots
07-30-2017, 10:58 PM
What's Bizarre?
That I believe in Lonzo Ball?
That I believe Kuzma is going to be a player?
That Brandon Ingram is going to break out this season?
That Brook Lopez is one of the most talented big men in the NBA?

Have you seen them play?

You all are the ones going blind because the hatorade levels are toxic..

1. That you (collective) assign "great" to any players on the Lakers roster.
2. Yes, but you don't stop at belief.
3. Yes, but you don't stop at belief.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. Yes.

I have said nothing hateful toward the Lakers at all. So you are wrong there too.

The Lakers have a bunch of young potential and I really like some of the Lakers players ... but they are all a LONG way from demonstrating greatness in the NBA.

There is no issue with you believing in your team, the issue comes out when you start crowing about it when the team on the floor in actual NBA games has been largely pathetic over the last few tanking years.

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 11:11 PM

I have said nothing hateful toward the Lakers at all. So you are wrong there too.

You don't have to say hateful things...You are blinded by the hate...It impedes you from being impartial...So you just disagree with any Pro Lakers...

2 questions...

1.Have you said that the Wolves have had the best young core in the NBA for the last 2 years?

2. What did you say after Lonzo Ball's 1st Summer League Game when he shot 2 for 15?

Rocco007
07-30-2017, 11:16 PM
So what? Your "generational talent" in Ball hasn't played a single second of NBA basketball.

Edit: Also, a sig is hardly something you need to "keep up with," especially mine, which hasn't changed in probably years. You'd think a fairly sizable image of Hakeem would be enough of a hint. But as dense as you are, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

Just because you discount what he did in summer league basketball...don't put that off on me...

The irony is ....

Do you base Draft Picks Talent based on how they played against College Players?
They all haven't played a second in the Regular NBA Season either...

Game recognized game...The eye test don't lie...

Think about that...

mightybosstone
07-30-2017, 11:27 PM
Just because you discount what he did in summer league basketball...don't put that off on me...

The irony is ....

Do you base Draft Picks Talent based on how they played against College Players?
They all haven't played a second in the Regular NBA Season either...

Game recognized game...The eye test don't lie...

Think about that...

It does lie. It lies every year. That's why so many guys who are drafted in the top 10 don't become star players and why we always get guys drafted outside the lottery who become All-Stars. Judging talent in any professional sport is an inexact science. If it was easy, then every No. 1 pick would be a Hall of Famer and every late 2nd rounder would be a D-League scrub. But it's not.

Seriously, how do you now get this?

jaydubb
07-31-2017, 02:10 AM
Quote Originally Posted by jaydubb View Post

The tale of two posts when you are called out...Which one is it?

You're a bandwagon fan because you will be riding that Lonzo Train next season...You believe in it before it happens, not after the fact...anybody can do that...
The one thing we have that no other NBA Franchise has?
Arguably The Best PG/Winner/Leader in our Front oFFice scouting, working out and co-signing on players...
He and Pelinka would've drafted Lonzo Ball #1...Lonzo Ball didn't work out for any other teams...
We forget...
The lakers were not overly impressed with Fultz, Jackson or DJS...But their minds were blown with Ball...and then he goes out and delivers...
You can wait until after the ZO show has started...and jump on the bandwagon then...
But it is what it is...What is your problem man? I've tried to lay off the hate that you get in the laker forum but I really understand why you get that hate.. It's because you're not only living in a fantasy land but you also are being a dick to everyone that doesn't think like you do.. I'm first and foremost a laker fan, but I can also pay respect to players around the league.. Kat has definitely earned my respect.. Lonzo ball, again as much as I really like him, is still an unknown.. He hasn't played nba talent consistently yet.. Yes he played great in summer league, but that doesn't mean anything.. Other players have done great in summer league and fail miserably in the nba

JAZZNC
07-31-2017, 02:58 AM

He's not a Minny fan....Jesus man, you are so clueless.

Ariza's Better
07-31-2017, 08:05 AM
Remember when Donte Greene scored 40 in a summer league game? Good times.

Scoots
07-31-2017, 09:02 AM
You don't have to say hateful things...You are blinded by the hate...It impedes you from being impartial...So you just disagree with any Pro Lakers...

2 questions...

1.Have you said that the Wolves have had the best young core in the NBA for the last 2 years?

2. What did you say after Lonzo Ball's 1st Summer League Game when he shot 2 for 15?

Are you a sith lord?

1. No.
2. Nothing. Summer League means nothing for first round draft picks.

Scoots
07-31-2017, 09:12 AM
Remember when Anthony Bennett was the #1 overall pick and Giannis Antetokounmpo went 15th?
Remember when Enes Kanter and Jan Vesely were picked well before Klay Thompson, Kawhi Leonard, and Jimmy Butler?
Remember when Evan Turner and Wesley Johnson were picked before DeMarcus Cousins, Paul George, and Gordon Heyward?
Remember when Hasheem Thabeet was picked before James Harden and Steph Curry?

The draft prognosis is often WILDLY wrong.

Hawkeye15
07-31-2017, 10:19 AM

what Minny fans are you even talking about dude? No Minnesota fan ever claimed the Wolves were stacked, great, or any other word outside "talented youth". Young talent doesn't mean wins most the time, it means potential...

Where are you getting this from?

In what world does youth generally make a team great to begin with?

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:27 PM
It does lie. It lies every year. That's why so many guys who are drafted in the top 10 don't become star players and why we always get guys drafted outside the lottery who become All-Stars. Judging talent in any professional sport is an inexact science. If it was easy, then every No. 1 pick would be a Hall of Famer and every late 2nd rounder would be a D-League scrub. But it's not.

Seriously, how do you now get this?

"On paper, Fultz is still the better prospect"

Did you post this earlier?

I'm just wondering because you are all over the place when it comes to evaluating talent...
On paper, in college, summer league don't count, do it in the regular season...

First off...The "eye test don't lie"...
There are tiers of talents when they are drafted...
Can't miss, loaded with potential, sleepers etc...

The Lakers believe Lonzo Ball is a transcendent talent...That's why he was drafted...The Summer League games don't countin your eyes but guess what he did with that opportunity?

No player had recorded a triple-double in the 13-year history of the NBA's Las Vegas Summer League. Lonzo Ball had two could've had 3.

"AS advertised so far"

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:33 PM
what Minny fans are you even talking about dude? No Minnesota fan ever claimed the Wolves were stacked, great, or any other word outside "talented youth". Young talent doesn't mean wins most the time, it means potential...

Where are you getting this from?

In what world does youth generally make a team great to begin with?

LMAO...

You're a joke dude...

Were you complaining about the lack of talent or the HC 2 years ago?

All bark no bite...

Like I said...You are lucky I can not go into the archives...

Minny fan has had a reality check...and now they cautiously proceed...
Although here we are again....
Wiggins, KAT and BUTLER is better than the whole Lakers team...
You'll claim later that you didn't say that once the posts have been deleted...

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:34 PM
Are you a sith lord?

1. No.
2. Nothing. Summer League means nothing for first round draft picks.

:speechless:

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:37 PM
What is your problem man? I've tried to lay off the hate that you get in the laker forum but I really understand why you get that hate.. It's because you're not only living in a fantasy land but you also are being a dick to everyone that doesn't think like you do.. I'm first and foremost a laker fan, but I can also pay respect to players around the league.. Kat has definitely earned my respect.. Lonzo ball, again as much as I really like him, is still an unknown.. He hasn't played nba talent consistently yet.. Yes he played great in summer league, but that doesn't mean anything.. Other players have done great in summer league and fail miserably in the nba

There will be plenty of room for you on the Lonzo Train later in the season...Jump on when you feel ready...
All aboard...CHOO CHOO!!!

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 03:43 PM
He's not a Minny fan....Jesus man, you are so clueless.

You're a Minnyfan?...No Mightboostone?...Maybe the only Utah Jazz fan in North Carolina?...

... :rock:

You rock dude...Thanks for your input...

jaydubb
07-31-2017, 05:38 PM
There will be plenty of room for you on the Lonzo Train later in the season...Jump on when you feel ready...
All aboard...CHOO CHOO!!!Remember when you were on the sun yue hype train? What about the Devin Ebanks hype train? Derrick character? Adam Morrison? Xavier Henry? Andrew goudlock?

Did you jump off those hype trains or are you still aboard "the hype train"

Look, as I said many times... I really like Lonzo ball. I think he will be a good player, but still I wanna wait and see how he does against nba competition before I declare him a superstar..

warfelg
07-31-2017, 06:07 PM
I want to kill myself after clicking on this thread again.

KingPosey
07-31-2017, 06:18 PM
we should make a gentlemans agreement that if anyone ****s with their font to beg for attention we all refuse to acknowledge it, even if hes repeatedly giving out the winning powerball numbers.

GREATNESS ONE
07-31-2017, 06:25 PM
All aboard...CHOO CHOO!!!

Rocco, lay off Jaydubb. He's not even close to a bandwagon fan, matter of fact he was practically in every single game thread last few years. I know because so was I, supporting our bucket of **** team the last few years.

Also, I have probably been one of the biggest Lonzo Ball supporters, i have been preaching it all year watching my favorite college team Bruin basketball have a magical season because of That Ball Boy.

JayDubb, has never shafted on Lonzo, he wasn't first on his big board like he was on mine but he's been backing him up every second since being drafted a Laker. So chillax. :)

Feel free to keep ******** on everyone else lolz.

GREATNESS ONE
07-31-2017, 06:32 PM
Remember when you were on the sun yue hype train? What about the Devin Ebanks hype train? Derrick character? Adam Morrison? Xavier Henry? Andrew goudlock?

Look, as I said many times... I really like Lonzo ball. I think he will be a good player, but still I wanna wait and see how he does against nba competition before I declare him a superstar..

I wasn't on any of those hype trains! Lol!

But I'm all aboard the Ball Express!!! Chooo Choooo!!!

One Nut Kruk
07-31-2017, 07:00 PM

No kidding. But it's like a bad car accident. Just can't help but look.

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Remember when you were on the sun yue hype train? What about the Devin Ebanks hype train? Derrick character? Adam Morrison? Xavier Henry? Andrew goudlock?

Right...right...right... I can see the comparison with Lonzo Ball and those sleeper players...I can't wait to see your posts about Lonzo Ball during the season... "I always knew...I was just holding back to prove a point dude"... :hi5:

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 09:02 PM

No no no... wait until the regular season...
When you hear...
DOWN GOES FRAZIER!!! ie; Embiid, Simmons, Fultz or any Philly high draft pick... #THEMEDS...#wrecks-n-effects

Rocco007
07-31-2017, 09:08 PM
No kidding. But it's like a bad car accident. Just can't help but look.

Hey...It's my Canadian friend..."Bonjour Bonjour à la prochaine"

Rocco007
08-01-2017, 01:00 AM
I wasn't on any of those hype trains! Lol!

But I'm all aboard the Ball Express!!! Chooo Choooo!!!

https://youtu.be/2iEakrAxKVc

TheDish87
08-01-2017, 08:49 AM

read my mind