PDA

View Full Version : Wall resigns

j-bay
07-21-2017, 10:44 PM
4 years 170M, but starts in 2019

Before you call that crazy, John Wall is the best PG in the East, and might be the best all around PG in the NBA. That includes defense. And before you mention his game 7 proformance you might want to look at the fact that he carried the team on his back the whole year.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:58 PM
Gotta get Boogie in FA.

chi-townlove1
07-21-2017, 11:10 PM
I don't care who he is man. Im not arguing that he's the best in the east. Without a doubt I think he is. But he's probably 4th best in the NBA behind Steph, Westbrook, and Paul. Either way. 42.5 million is the dumbest **** I think I've ever heard. The NBA is a joke. These players are a joke.

tredigs
07-21-2017, 11:14 PM
I don't care who he is man. Im not arguing that he's the best in the east. Without a doubt I think he is. But he's probably 4th best in the NBA behind Steph, Westbrook, and Paul. Either way. 42.5 million is the dumbest **** I think I've ever heard. The NBA is a joke. These players are a joke.

So the top players in the world should not receive max deals? Wtf are you even talking about here. He's a franchise cornerstone entering his peak, it is a no-brainer to try to resign him to the max. Good on the Wiz for getting it done and keeping their marquee All Star through his prime. Their fans will be thrilled.

5ass
07-21-2017, 11:16 PM
Is he the highest paid player now?

j-bay
07-21-2017, 11:16 PM
Gotta get Boogie in FA.

The deal does not start until 2019, so the plan might be to trade Gortat and sugn Wall's best friend

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 11:22 PM
Damn, I wonder what he is going to do now.

IndyRealist
07-21-2017, 11:26 PM

Demanding a trade and listing preferred destinations seems to be the thing to do these days.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2017, 11:30 PM
Close to 300 million for 2 players in one offseason? Lol.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:33 PM
These guys are making way too much money. Something is wrong here. Jesus, $40 million would be a three year contract like five years ago..

Jamiecballer
07-21-2017, 11:34 PM
This system is so broke

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

ball4reel
07-21-2017, 11:38 PM
the salaries are a direct result of the TV money. The players get a percentage, so the more the owners make the more the players make. Make it while you can!!!

j-bay
07-21-2017, 11:42 PM
Close to 300 million for 2 players in one offseason? Lol.

Laugh well you can. The Wizards are benefiting from everybody running West. The Cavs only have one more year, and unless the 76ers make a huge jump it looks like the Wizards and Celtics will be running the East the next few years.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:44 PM
the salaries are a direct result of the TV money. The players get a percentage, so the more the owners make the more the players make. Make it while you can!!!

I get that but man, this is such a crazy jump in salary. Let's say they sign two supermax contracts starting at age 25 up to age 35. That's over $400 million they have made. I think it's killing basketball. These guys don't care about winning. Hell, I would not either. leBron can be the best all he wants as long as I get paid $40 million per year...

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2017, 11:46 PM
Trailblazers 2.0

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2017, 11:47 PM
Wall quit?

Didn't have the energy but glad someone did lol

Scoots
07-21-2017, 11:49 PM
Wall quit?

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:56 PM
It's ridiculous to me how much fans (including some in this forum) loathe players for signing max deals that they are totally within their rights to sign. You want to get mad at Curry, Harden and Wall for making $40 million+ every season? Get angry with the league that wrote in the rules that allowed it to happen.

But more importantly, why are you so mad in the first place? This is a league that makes billions of dollars a year. And frankly the players (you know, the guys doing the actual work that draws the money in the first place) are drastically underpaid. Wall is in the discussion as a top 10 player in the league, and top 10 players should arguably be making $100 million+ when you consider their value to the league.

In no professional sport is elite talent more important and without those elite players, the NBA would be ****. Whether or not you think they've earned it, capitalism is all about supply and demand. Elite talent is in high freaking demand, and there is an insanely low supply of that level of talent. Get the **** over it.

You make it seem as if we're communists and you're the capitalist who puts the hammer down on everyone. All I'm saying is I think it'll cross the point where these guys are going to be making too much money. Enough to really not care about developing their game any longer because they know them at 70% potential is still a max contract. This also trickles down to every other player who might not be as good. When there are a few elite players, then some teams will be desperate and overpay for average players. Just look at Tim Hardaway Jr. That was just silly.

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 11:56 PM
It's ridiculous to me how much fans (including some in this forum) loathe players for signing max deals that they are totally within their rights to sign. You want to get mad at Curry, Harden and Wall for making $40 million+ every season? Get angry with the league that wrote in the rules that allowed it to happen.

But more importantly, why are you so mad in the first place? This is a league that makes billions of dollars a year. And frankly the players (you know, the guys doing the actual work that draws the money in the first place) are drastically underpaid. Wall is in the discussion as a top 10 player in the league, and top 10 players should arguably be making $100 million+ when you consider their value to the league.

In no professional sport is elite talent more important and without those elite players, the NBA would be ****. Whether or not you think they've earned it, capitalism is all about supply and demand. Elite talent is in high freaking demand, and there is an insanely low supply of that level of talent. Get the **** over it.

chi-townlove1
07-22-2017, 12:28 AM
You guys are killing me. I never said who's fault it is. I just said it's ludicrous that it's happening. It could be 100% on the owners or the NBA but it's still disgusting. They should be donating half that 40 million dollar a year contract to the causes that they defend oh so hard. They want to make it political. Then so can the fans. Take that money and put it into the cities and into these causes that help underprivileged families or uneducated children who need help.

You don't hear owners getting political outside of Cuban. But you hear the black athletes claiming their race is so poorly treated and then they do nothing for it except complain and point fingers.

mightybosstone
07-22-2017, 12:30 AM
You make it seem as if we're communists and you're the capitalist who puts the hammer down on everyone. All I'm saying is I think it'll cross the point where these guys are going to be making too much money. Enough to really not care about developing their game any longer because they know them at 70% potential is still a max contract. This also trickles down to every other player who might not be as good. When there are a few elite players, then some teams will be desperate and overpay for average players. Just look at Tim Hardaway Jr. That was just silly.

I'm sorry, but I think this is being a little obtuse. You honestly think a guy making $40 million a year is going to care less than a guy making $30 million a year? If being only slightly more filthy, disgustingly rich somehow makes you lose your work ethic and your drive to compete, I think that would be a little insane. I seriously doubt you would even feel an extra $10 million a year at that point. It's not like they're spending $30 million every single year they're in the league and by making an extra $10 million, they tell themselves "Hmm... Now that I'm finally set for life, I can stop giving a **** at work." I seriously doubt they feel that bump in pay like you or I would if we got a 30-40 percent bump.

And how is the Tim Hardaway contract any different than any other terrible contract signed in the history of the NBA? This isn't a new concept. Bad front offices have been signing mediocre players to bad contracts since I was a kid. That isn't changing. The only difference is the numbers are higher because the league is making more money and the cap is increasing.

mightybosstone
07-22-2017, 12:38 AM
You guys are killing me. I never said who's fault it is. I just said it's ludicrous that it's happening. It could be 100% on the owners or the NBA but it's still disgusting. They should be donating half that 40 million dollar a year contract to the causes that they defend oh so hard. They want to make it political. Then so can the fans. Take that money and put it into the cities and into these causes that help underprivileged families or uneducated children who need help.

OK. Are you going to start ripping on the billionaires who don't donate half of their money? Or the actors? Or any other occupation that's drastically overpaid?

I agree that professional athletes are insanely overpaid for what they do. But they're ultimately in the entertainment business, and they do something so much more spectacularly than I could ever hope to do, so I accept the fact that they get paid a ton more than I do so millions of people every year can enjoy watching them do it.

If it bothers you so much, don't just ***** about it. Put your money where your mouth is and stop watching professional sports. But if you're going to continue watching sports and buying merchandise and posting in an Internet forum that profits off the discussion of the very athletes you're complaining are overpaid, I think you're coming off as a huge hypocrite.

But I'm so sick of this "NBA players make too much damn money" conversation. They're paid by what the market dictates, and if they weren't getting that money, a bunch of rich douchebags who make even more money than they do would be making it instead.

aussie
07-22-2017, 12:54 AM
Wall quit?

:laugh2:

M.L.G.A.
07-22-2017, 01:15 AM
The guy plays amazing ball, on both sides of the court. Blake Griffen came in with the hype but clearly Wall turned out to be the better player.

He is probably #2 behind Westbrook in PG rankings, probably top 15 player overall if not top 10. (Westbrook, Wall, Kyrie, Septh, IT, CP3, Dame, Kemba, Conley [Harden is a SF so he doesn't count]).

If for some reason you hate when players make this kind of money, stop watching the games on TnT, ESPN, and they will stop paying these licensing deals...

tredigs
07-22-2017, 01:23 AM
The guy plays amazing ball, on both sides of the court. Blake Griffen came in with the hype but clearly Wall turned out to be the better player.

He is probably #2 behind Westbrook in PG rankings, probably top 15 player overall if not top 10. (Westbrook, Wall, Kyrie, Septh, IT, CP3, Dame, Kemba, Conley [Harden is a SF so he doesn't count]).

If for some reason you hate when players make this kind of money, stop watching the games on TnT, ESPN, and they will stop paying these licensing deals...

Worst PG ranking list of the week goes toooooo

Dade County
07-22-2017, 02:23 AM
Good for him... The next 3 to 5yrs are locked up anyway as long as KD is in GS.

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 03:58 AM
I'm sorry, but I think this is being a little obtuse. You honestly think a guy making $40 million a year is going to care less than a guy making $30 million a year? If being only slightly more filthy, disgustingly rich somehow makes you lose your work ethic and your drive to compete, I think that would be a little insane. I seriously doubt you would even feel an extra $10 million a year at that point. It's not like they're spending $30 million every single year they're in the league and by making an extra $10 million, they tell themselves "Hmm... Now that I'm finally set for life, I can stop giving a **** at work." I seriously doubt they feel that bump in pay like you or I would if we got a 30-40 percent bump.

And how is the Tim Hardaway contract any different than any other terrible contract signed in the history of the NBA? This isn't a new concept. Bad front offices have been signing mediocre players to bad contracts since I was a kid. That isn't changing. The only difference is the numbers are higher because the league is making more money and the cap is increasing.

Doesn't matter what I think. It matters about reality and the reality is, the more you get paid, the less you actually care about "achieving" certain things. Give Wall a choice. $20 million per year to play with two other All-Stars and have a legitimate chance to win a ring or stay in Washington and collect $45 million per year. You and I know many are going to think LONG and HARD about this. Which leads to my point... soon, players will only care about getting a contract as that will be their ultimate prize - not the ring.

goingfor28
07-22-2017, 03:59 AM
He actually did the opposite of what the thread title says.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

GoferKing_
07-22-2017, 06:46 AM
Good for him. Can't wait for him to whine when in two years lesser players will get more cash.xD

ewing
07-22-2017, 07:51 AM
He's has actually made me a fan.

koldjerky
07-22-2017, 09:07 AM

Resigned as a PG, so he's playing center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
07-22-2017, 10:00 AM
Doesn't matter what I think. It matters about reality and the reality is, the more you get paid, the less you actually care about "achieving" certain things. Give Wall a choice. $20 million per year to play with two other All-Stars and have a legitimate chance to win a ring or stay in Washington and collect $45 million per year. You and I know many are going to think LONG and HARD about this. Which leads to my point... soon, players will only care about getting a contract as that will be their ultimate prize - not the ring.

I think you're making blatant assumptions about the motivations and personalities of people you've never met based on zero evidence. You know what they say about assuming... Except I refuse to be an *** in this situation. :D

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 10:22 AM
I think you're making blatant assumptions about the motivations and personalities of people you've never met based on zero evidence. You know what they say about assuming... Except I refuse to be an *** in this situation. :D

So you don't think there is a correlation between making more money and caring less? Okay, suit yourself. And I don't need to make any assumptions without evidence. It's literally the human instinct. It happened with Derrick Rose.. Remember when he said "the goal is to win a championship but I want to secure my family financially. Look at all the contracts getting handed out." Look at how Melo could have gone to a better team in Chicago but he chose the money.. It's obvious some guys just see green.

Shammyguy3
07-22-2017, 10:57 AM
I agree 100% of everything MBT is saying in this thread.

Jamiecballer
07-22-2017, 11:06 AM

You don't hear owners getting political outside of Cuban. But you hear the black athletes claiming their race is so poorly treated and then they do nothing for it except complain and point fingers.Good point. I know players give back but think about how many lives could be improved if they really cared to. It's sickening to think about. And thinking it definitely should not stop you from enjoying the sport, that's childish even to sugfest.

j-bay
07-22-2017, 11:48 AM
That will allow Washington to pursue players to upgrade at other spots for the next several seasons, beginning with DeMarcus Cousins in 2018. Yes, Otto Porter will be able to deny any trade for a year as part of the offer sheet he signed with the Brooklyn Nets earlier this month. But if Cousins wants to play with Wall as several sources around the league believe that he does then all he has to do is wait until next summer and present the Pelicans with a choice: Lose me for nothing or get a good player back in return.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/sports/john-wall-agreeing-to-re-sign-is-a-seminal-moment-for-wizards-franchise/2017/07/22/8a897c1a-6e8f-11e7-96ab-5f38140b38cc_story.html

I would trade Gortat, Oubre, and a 1st

Wall
Beal
Porter
Morris
Cousins

j-bay
08-06-2017, 06:28 PM
Im happy here, Wall said to the gathering. Im happy to see all yall amazing people supporting me for the next six years. This is the team I want to be with for the rest of my career, so hopefully we can get that done.

I think his bond with this community is deep, said Leonsis, who purchased 44 percent of the Wizards in 1999 and became the majority owner in 2010, the year the team drafted Wall. My expectation is he will spend his career here, and when his career ends, hell be closely associated with this organization. He really wants his jersey retired. He really wants to play a role in the history of the organization, and he knows the way you really do that is to bring a championship to the franchise and the community.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wizards-insider/wp/2017/08/04/john-wall-on-washington-this-is-the-team-i-want-to-be-with-for-the-rest-of-my-career/?utm_term=.21cc4bef3e95

THE MTL
08-07-2017, 12:44 AM
Wizards have way too much money tied up in 3 guys. Wall, porter, and Beal combine for nearly 90 million dollars per year

KnicksorBust
08-07-2017, 07:43 AM
Wizards have way too much money tied up in 3 guys. Wall, porter, and Beal combine for nearly 90 million dollars per year

People acting like paying a franchise player the max is crazy. :laugh:

It is the Mozgov deals that sink you for a year or two. Not locking up guys like Wall and Harden.

Scoots
08-07-2017, 10:00 AM
People acting like paying a franchise player the max is crazy. :laugh:

It is the Mozgov deals that sink you for a year or two. Not locking up guys like Wall and Harden.

Yeah, the Warriors have $130M tied up in 5 guys. You just can't win like that.

TheDish87
08-07-2017, 11:03 AM

You don't hear owners getting political outside of Cuban. But you hear the black athletes claiming their race is so poorly treated and then they do nothing for it except complain and point fingers.

you dont think most of these guys do good with their money? you are way too upset over this.

JasonJohnHorn
08-07-2017, 11:02 PM
What did he resign from?

Jeffy25
08-07-2017, 11:06 PM
This stuff bugs me, but re-signs.

Not resigns

Jeffy25
08-07-2017, 11:40 PM

The league makes $8B per year. There are what, 450 players in the league that can deserve a form of comp, and only about half that even guaranteed deals.

If the players should get 40% of the leagues revenue for example, and you distribute most of that to 225ish players, that's $12.8 per player, and about $10ish per starter. Should one of the top 15 players in the game not make a great portion of it? Especially considering the leagues revenue is forecasted to reach $10B soon?

Jeffy25
08-07-2017, 11:56 PM
These guys are making way too much money. Something is wrong here. Jesus, $40 million would be a three year contract like five years ago..

Look at the revenue in the league

But I will long argue against the salary cap

Jeffy25
08-07-2017, 11:59 PM
This system is so broke

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?924518-Revamping-the-NBA-Financial-System

Jeffy25
08-08-2017, 12:04 AM

Couldn't agree any more.

Not to mention, why does anyone complain about the money others make. Why does that bother you? Who gives a ****

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 09:07 AM
Couldn't agree any more.

Not to mention, why does anyone complain about the money others make. Why does that bother you? Who gives a ****Can't speak for anyone else but usually it has something to do with how much good could be done with the extraordinary amount of excess.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sly Guy
08-08-2017, 09:22 AM
$40 million for a player on a non-contender in a non-competitive league. The NBA is becoming the most expensive joke in sports entertainment.

IndyRealist
08-08-2017, 09:41 AM
Can't speak for anyone else but usually it has something to do with how much good could be done with the extraordinary amount of excess.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The owners are each worth billions of dollars. No one's saying they should give away half their wealth (except Bill Gates). Athletes spend their entire lives preparing for a shot at a 4-12yr window where they can make money. Much of the time they are supporting their entire extended family out of poverty. If any of us worked as hard as they have for 18-19 years, people would complain about how much we make, too. All this talk about how they are overpaid just smacks of jealousy. They're the best in the world, they earned their shot to make millions. It's not like teams are hurting for money.

Not to mention, taxes take 50% and agents take 10% gross. So at best players get 40% of the number you see. So really Wall is walking with $16m/yr, which is a lot but pales in comparison to Ted Leonsis' ONE BILLION net worth (that's after taxes, fyi). No one's sitting here saying he should be giving $500 million away.

TheDish87
08-08-2017, 12:09 PM
$40 million for a player on a non-contender in a non-competitive league. The NBA is becoming the most expensive joke in sports entertainment.

how does this make the league a joke? this is a direct result of how much money a guy like Wall helps the league make and thus rewarded. The Wiz are a fringe contender in the East as is and room to make the leap if they can land someone like Cousins next year.

Sly Guy
08-08-2017, 01:29 PM
how does this make the league a joke? this is a direct result of how much money a guy like Wall helps the league make and thus rewarded. The Wiz are a fringe contender in the East as is and room to make the leap if they can land someone like Cousins next year.

I'm not mad at Wall for taking the money. I just think it's a joke that you can spend nearly half the cap on one guy on a non-contender and expect to be taken seriously. More a problem with owners and GMs spending so much for one piece, while exceptionally good, is not one that's gonna bring home a championship.

And I see this overspending as a bigger overall trend, like Lowry on my raps, for example. Lots of dollars on that treadmill, very little to show for it, and handicapping yourself with cap space
that whole while.

j-bay
08-08-2017, 01:34 PM
I'm not mad at Wall for taking the money. I just think it's a joke that you can spend nearly half the cap on one guy on a non-contender and expect to be taken seriously. More a problem with owners and GMs spending so much for one piece, while exceptionally good, is not one that's gonna bring home a championship.

And I see this overspending as a bigger overall trend, I see this happening all over the place, Lowry on my raps, for example. Lots of dollars on that treadmill, very little to show for it, and handicapping yourself with cap space
that whole while.
Non-Contender? Are you kidding me. Yes they may not beat the Warriors, but i would love to see the Wizards make the finals. And Wall is the best all around PG in the league. That includes defense people.

IndyRealist
08-08-2017, 02:12 PM

And I see this overspending as a bigger overall trend, like Lowry on my raps, for example. Lots of dollars on that treadmill, very little to show for it, and handicapping yourself with cap space
that whole while.

You can't spend half the cap on one guy. The max is a percentage of the cap.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:27 PM

chill out Tim Robbins. If you don't like it, stop contributing to it.

Basketball is a business, albeit a business with a voice. The NBA does a TON for charity. This is just how the world works.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:29 PM
He's has actually made me a fan.

knowing how you blasted him prior to this year, that is surprising.

I will say, in person, he is fun to watch. The dude just keeps pushing the ball down your throat non-stop, and you basically have no choice but to concede a rim attempt, or foul him haha. It's annoying.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:30 PM

you are painting with a wide brush dude. Money does indeed motivate many people. Is there enough money for one person to make? Yes, but who are you to define that amount?

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:31 PM
Couldn't agree any more.

Not to mention, why does anyone complain about the money others make. Why does that bother you? Who gives a ****

jealousy.

[ˈjeləsē]

NOUN

the state or feeling of being jealous:

"a sharp pang of jealousy"
[more]

synonyms: envy covetousness resentment resentfulness bitterness spite the green-eyed monster suspicion suspiciousness distrust mistrust
[more]

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 03:56 PM
you are right in some respects. i disagree completely about the jealousy part though. i don't think it has anything to do with it, jealousy usually springs forth from situations that we are much closer to. how much paper a stranger is making doesn't stir the least bit of interest from me at least. but you are right in that there are a ton of people in this world making far more money than they ever need and it would be great if more of those people were a little more philanthropic. i mean jesus, if one of the big 3 sports leagues in NA decided as a group that they were going to end cancer they probably could.

how is Julio going to pay for his $150,000 earrings though?

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 03:57 PM
The owners are each worth billions of dollars. No one's saying they should give away half their wealth (except Bill Gates). Athletes spend their entire lives preparing for a shot at a 4-12yr window where they can make money. Much of the time they are supporting their entire extended family out of poverty. If any of us worked as hard as they have for 18-19 years, people would complain about how much we make, too. All this talk about how they are overpaid just smacks of jealousy. They're the best in the world, they earned their shot to make millions. It's not like teams are hurting for money.

Not to mention, taxes take 50% and agents take 10% gross. So at best players get 40% of the number you see. So really Wall is walking with $16m/yr, which is a lot but pales in comparison to Ted Leonsis' ONE BILLION net worth (that's after taxes, fyi). No one's sitting here saying he should be giving $500 million away.

you are right in some respects. i disagree completely about the jealousy part though. i don't think it has anything to do with it, jealousy usually springs forth from situations that we are much closer to. how much paper a stranger is making doesn't stir the least bit of interest from me at least. but you are right in that there are a ton of people in this world making far more money than they ever need and it would be great if more of those people were a little more philanthropic. i mean jesus, if one of the big 3 sports leagues in NA decided as a group that they were going to end cancer they probably could.

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 04:04 PM
calling it jealous FWIW makes about as much sense as the "you are a hater" defense mechanism. hate is hard to come by. just because you criticize someones favorite player it makes you a hater? yet when you are neither the person calling someone a hater, or the person being called it, just about everyone can see how ridiculous it is to suggest someone has such an emotional investment, and a negative one at that, for a virtual stranger. too many things in this world to get worked up about, either good or bad, people.

however we all know there is way too much suffering in this world and it would be great to see a little more of the excess funnelled towards causes that could end it. jealousy? no. sad? a little, yes.

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 04:05 PM
how is Julio going to pay for his $150,000 earrings though?

he can borrow mine :)

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 04:07 PM
calling it jealous FWIW makes about as much sense as the "you are a hater" defense mechanism. hate is hard to come by. just because you criticize someones favorite player it makes you a hater? yet when you are neither the person calling someone a hater, or the person being called it, just about everyone can see how ridiculous it is to suggest someone has such an emotional investment, and a negative one at that, for a virtual stranger. too many things in this world to get worked up about, either good or bad, people.

however we all know there is way too much suffering in this world and it would be great to see a little more of the excess funnelled towards causes that could end it. jealousy? no. sad? a little, yes.

I mean, you can't be jealous if it's not in your face, or I mean not closer to you.

Is it sad that there are grown men being paid more in a year than I will make in a lifetime to play a kids game? Yes. But I don't have 19,000 people paying to watch me work every day either.

To someone making $85,000 a year, the money NBA players is ridiculous. But that is how supply and demand work.

TheDish87
08-08-2017, 04:27 PM
yup the NBA doesnt do anything to give back.

http://cares.nba.com/

neither do the players

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-college-scholarships-akron-university-cavaliers-i-promise-081315

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1992200-10-nba-players-with-the-most-love-for-their-communities

Hawkeye15
08-08-2017, 04:34 PM

neither do the players

http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-college-scholarships-akron-university-cavaliers-i-promise-081315

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1992200-10-nba-players-with-the-most-love-for-their-communities

oh yeah, the NBA is huge for charity, and giving back to their communities. I would love to see an additional 1-2% of the revenue go to urban infrastructure for the cities the 30 teams are in as well, but that is probably asking too much.

mrblisterdundee
08-08-2017, 06:39 PM

Haha, punctuation. That's why I always use a hyphen when I'm talking about players re-signing.

Jeffy25
08-08-2017, 06:40 PM

Exactly

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 08:37 PM

neither do the players

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1992200-10-nba-players-with-the-most-love-for-their-communitiesWell I don't think anyone said that bucko

IndyRealist
08-08-2017, 09:17 PM

Being emotionally invested is the definition of fandom. All you have to do is look at half the threads on PSD to see that fans are emotionally invested in complete strangers playing a kid's game. Or do I have to bring up KD to GSW again to prove how much people here can hate on complete strangers?

Jamiecballer
08-08-2017, 10:17 PM
Being emotionally invested is the definition of fandom. All you have to do is look at half the threads on PSD to see that fans are emotionally invested in complete strangers playing a kid's game. Or do I have to bring up KD to GSW again to prove how much people here can hate on complete strangers?I get that but I feel like that is wayyyy different. The hope of winning is the entire basis of being a fan of a team. No surprise then when people have that taken away, that's when you hear all kinds of dishonesty about why they are truly mad. People can say what they want, it all boils down to "I'm mad because there is no point in even dreaming about winning". That's my opinion.

But that's totally different. People are deciding that they know a person based on things that happen off the court, which of course we dont. Motives and meaning are completely up to interpretation. But can you actually imagine someone seething while watching kobe play and saying "I hate the way he shoots so much, even when sometimes it would benefit his team more to pass the rock or find the open man, it makes me so angry"

IndyRealist
08-08-2017, 11:25 PM
I get that but I feel like that is wayyyy different. The hope of winning is the entire basis of being a fan of a team. No surprise then when people have that taken away, that's when you hear all kinds of dishonesty about why they are truly mad. People can say what they want, it all boils down to "I'm mad because there is no point in even dreaming about winning". That's my opinion.

But that's totally different. People are deciding that they know a person based on things that happen off the court, which of course we dont. Motives and meaning are completely up to interpretation. But can you actually imagine someone seething while watching kobe play and saying "I hate the way he shoots so much, even when sometimes it would benefit his team more to pass the rock or find the open man, it makes me so angry"

That could be an exact quote from PSD like 5 years ago.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2017, 01:31 AM
Sure, let me clarify. That might be the case of a home town fan. Try saying that as a fan of the Philadelphia 76ers and see if it fits.

IndyRealist
08-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Just heard on the radio that Wall is the only player from the 2010 draft class still with the team that drafted him. Crazy.

Jamiecballer
08-09-2017, 11:51 AM
^ that's not possible. i read somewhere that he just resigned :)

ewing
08-09-2017, 12:44 PM
knowing how you blasted him prior to this year, that is surprising.

I will say, in person, he is fun to watch. The dude just keeps pushing the ball down your throat non-stop, and you basically have no choice but to concede a rim attempt, or foul him haha. It's annoying.

Exactly he is relentless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDish87
08-09-2017, 04:39 PM
glad you can finally admit you were wrong

j-bay
08-09-2017, 05:43 PM

Just to point this out, the reason why Wall took so long is because he wanted to figure out the Wizards plans. Its no secret Wall wants another superstar here. Which is why is why I think Cousins is coming. He is the only guy who makes sense. You trade Mahinmi and a first, and someone might bite. A contender will take Gortat. Still a solid Center. If that works

Wall
Beal
Porter
Morris
Cousins

Not bad

FlashBolt
08-10-2017, 11:49 PM
Just to point this out, the reason why Wall took so long is because he wanted to figure out the Wizards plans. Its no secret Wall wants another superstar here. Which is why is why I think Cousins is coming. He is the only guy who makes sense. You trade Mahinmi and a first, and someone might bite. A contender will take Gortat. Still a solid Center. If that works

Wall
Beal
Porter
Morris
Cousins

Not bad

How do you reckon they get Cousins? Between Gortat, Mahinmi, Wall, Beal, and Otto, you guys are at $100 million. It also makes zero sense position wise. Signing Otto was the worst move you could make if you wanted to get Cousins next season. I'm only questioning the money some of these guys are making. Some of these seem to care more about their outfit for the day than winning. That's fine, though. They are winning regardless if they are actually winning NBA games or not.

TheDish87
08-11-2017, 08:31 AM
he just said Mahimi and Gortat are movable (they are) and Porter likely will be to if necessary. i dont get why you keep hating on players cashing in constantly, get over it.