PDA

View Full Version : Jusuf Nurkic vs Devin Booker

Redrum187
07-21-2017, 04:11 PM
These two young players have shown flashes of greatness last season. It appears from the people I've talked to (in person and on the forum) think Booker is better and will be better than Nurkic moving forward. The knock on Nurkic is that he only beasted a quarter of a season for Portland. I have a series of questions:

1.) Do you think Nurkic continues to put up his 15/10/3/2 numbers in 30 minutes (or even improve) in Portland next season? If not, list reasons for why you think he won't continue to.

2.) Do you think Booker increases his scoring output or increases his pedestrian efficiency (or both)?

3.) Which player would you rather have right now and why?

4.) Which player do you predict will be more dominant/have a greater impact in their prime?

tredigs
07-21-2017, 08:45 PM
Random comparison, and I don't think you're winning much with either as your best player, but as a piece I'd rather have Booker. He fits better in the modern NBA, he's a couple years younger, and I'm just not rolling with a slow 7 footer who isn't an elite defender.

5ass
07-21-2017, 08:54 PM
1. sure, but those stats aren't that impressive.. Nurkic needs to improve his turnovers, efficiency and defense.
2. Both, Booker should be a top 5-10 scorer in the future.
3. booker, easily. He has a much brighter future. I think Nurkic is a decent player, but he'll be in the top 5-10 center. As Tredigs said, slow moving bigs aren't as useful anymore.
4. Booker, easily.

tp13baby
07-21-2017, 09:19 PM
Right now Booker. Long term Nurkic. He improved that Portland defense a ton. He isn't slow footed or a bad defender for a 5. I ****ing hate Nurk too. The way he did Denver was pathetic.

That being said Nurk shows so many flashes of Cousins it's almost unreal. He just bullies players. The nights where he brought effort alone he was a top 2 player on the court no matter who we were playing. His pick n roll d is terrible. But he clearly is underrated. Portland doesn't make the playoffs without Nurk. His passing is very underrated. Most his turnovers come from the post. Once he develops a left hand, pick n roll defense, and a more consistent motor. He is arguably a top 5 center in this league.

Coming from someone who hates this premadonna

jaydubb
07-21-2017, 09:39 PM
Brandon Ingram

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Jokic

LanceUpperCut
07-22-2017, 04:21 PM
Booker by a country mile.

Redrum187
07-22-2017, 05:18 PM
I think Booker has the potential to be a good player, but what I've seen out of Nurkic is something special. He has a bad reputation when it comes to defense but the stats show he saved the Trailblazers in that department. He has such a tremendous impact in the 30 minutes he gets. He is who I would want moving forward. I know... small sample size... but I can't wait to see.

OlivaThor
07-22-2017, 05:36 PM
It depends on the team. Useless thread

tp13baby
07-22-2017, 06:01 PM
Booker by a country mile.

Dude hasn't proven to be anything more than an inefficient scorer that plays zero defense.

zn23
07-24-2017, 07:22 PM
Devin Booker is overrated because of that 70 point game, where 24 of those points came from the FT line. He's really not that good. Inefficient. Plays poor defense. Is not going to be a player that takes a team to the next level.

Very similar to a Latrell Sprewell.

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 07:29 PM
Devin Booker is overrated because of that 70 point game, where 24 of those points came from the FT line. He's really not that good. Inefficient. Plays poor defense. Is not going to be a player that takes a team to the next level.

Very similar to a Latrell Sprewell.

He's 20 years old. The kid can ball.

eDush
07-26-2017, 11:35 AM

Very similar to a Latrell Sprewell.If that's what you think, then why don't they include Booker if they are interested in Kyrie? Their penchant for shooting will offset each other as there won't be enough to go around for of them as starters if you think about it but I keep hearing rumors they want to dump a past his prime Chandler on someone to clear salary in order to be part of this trade :laugh:

Cavs will need people to take open shots for Lebron. Booker can be that guy :nod:

eDush
07-26-2017, 11:44 AM
I think Booker has the potential to be a good player, but what I've seen out of Nurkic is something special. He has a bad reputation when it comes to defense but the stats show he saved the Trailblazers in that department. He has such a tremendous impact in the 30 minutes he gets. He is who I would want moving forward. I know... small sample size... but I can't wait to see.Hmm like? https://youtu.be/ASQSTjgf7zs

Jetsguy
07-26-2017, 12:03 PM
Just out of curiosity why is the comparison between these 2? Just arbitrary? There are lots of young players I would rather have than both of them. heck, there are young players I would rather have than both of them together.

mavwar53
07-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Chose Nurkic because I thought we were talking Jokic.

Nurkic is the next big man that is too slow for the league now a days (Pekovic)

YAALREADYKNO
07-26-2017, 01:05 PM
Booker in today's NBA

eDush
07-26-2017, 03:52 PM
Chose Nurkic because I thought we were talking Jokic.

Nurkic is the next big man that is too slow for the league now a days (Pekovic)I would take Mosgov than I ever would ever take Nurkic as both are slower than an ox but Mosgov has certain skills unlike a dumb big log. Portland play is just a coincidence and has little to do with his play :nod:

https://youtu.be/DBjVL9Lncg8

^ His play against the Dubs still haunts me to this day unlike any other :(

mrblisterdundee
07-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Peppers vs potatoes

tp13baby
07-26-2017, 07:24 PM
I would take Mosgov than I ever would ever take Nurkic as both are slower than an ox but Mosgov has certain skills unlike a dumb big log. Portland play is just a coincidence and has little to do with his play :nod:

https://youtu.be/DBjVL9Lncg8

^ His play against the Dubs still haunts me to this day unlike any other :(

You clearly don't watch Nurkic. Probably shouldn't comment in this thread again.

As for the guy comparing him to Pek. Same to you.

jphysics
07-26-2017, 08:23 PM
Booker has shown more potential for longer. Any team would pick him.

Nurkic did look good though. Maybe he pans out.

Still, as many have said, Booker fits the direction the league is going, and I don't think Nurkic will ever be impactful enough to change the direction of the league.

How is Bookers defense? I havent paid attention to it enough.

tp13baby
07-26-2017, 08:44 PM
Booker has shown more potential for longer. Any team would pick him.

Nurkic did look good though. Maybe he pans out.

Still, as many have said, Booker fits the direction the league is going, and I don't think Nurkic will ever be impactful enough to change the direction of the league.

How is Bookers defense? I havent paid attention to it enough.

Bookers d is average on a good day.

I still don't understand people saying Nurkic isn't impactful. He WAS the reason Portland made the playoffs. Lillard and CJ didn't play any better on either end. Role players weren't any better. Nurkic turned a bad defense into a good one and they went on a run. He was also a pretty okay 3rd option as well. If Nurkic is slow footed then what is Jokic. How did Pau survive the league?

I hate Nurkic but he isn't at all what most of you say he is.

jphysics
07-26-2017, 09:39 PM
Bookers d is average on a good day.

I still don't understand people saying Nurkic isn't impactful. He WAS the reason Portland made the playoffs. Lillard and CJ didn't play any better on either end. Role players weren't any better. Nurkic turned a bad defense into a good one and they went on a run. He was also a pretty okay 3rd option as well. If Nurkic is slow footed then what is Jokic. How did Pau survive the league?

I hate Nurkic but he isn't at all what most of you say he is.

He seems like a weiner. Can we all agree on that :)

Redrum187
07-27-2017, 02:37 AM
I look forward to revisiting this thread next season. I'll gladly eat crow if Nurkic turns out being a bust. I just strongly believe his performance in Portland wasn't a fluke.

Ahriman
07-27-2017, 04:33 AM
The comparison isn't very good as the two guys have vastly different skillset but I'd take Nurkic. The guy is unbearable but he is very good and impacts every aspects of the game, even though he has limitations in D

Booker on the other hand I only see in him a high shooting / low efficiency type of guy who'll end up being a better Jamal Crawford if he doesn't get involved in other aspects of the game.

Redrum187
07-27-2017, 05:31 AM
I'm not sure why people are getting hung up on the comparison... Clearly one is a center and one is a shooting guard. I'm asking, which player would you rather have moving forward? Which do you think will have the greater impact in their NBA career, etc...?

Michael Jordan and Kareem Abdul Jabbar played different positions, but it's safe to say Jordan had more of an impact than Kareem. It's safe to say he is the GOAT in spite of playing a different position than Kareem.