PDA

View Full Version : Pau will stay with Spurs

minato_17
07-21-2017, 04:10 PM
Free agent Pau Gasol has agreed on a three-year deal to return to the San Antonio Spurs, league sources tell ESPN.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ewing
07-21-2017, 04:11 PM
good

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:12 PM
What's it worth? Don't the Spurs have an insane amount of cap?

dhopisthename
07-21-2017, 04:18 PM
3 years is kind of shocking

minato_17
07-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Story soon on Gasol deal, but terms include a partial guarantee on final year of contract. https://t.co/U6NpmGfYmA

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hellcrooner
07-21-2017, 04:54 PM
He should have fleed to Hou/gs/cle/celt to have a bigger role and a better chance at the ring......

Anyway, you heard this first here, By Deadline or next june tops Both G boys will be wearing Silver and Black.

tredigs
07-21-2017, 05:40 PM
For their sake I hope it's a 3 year vet min with a team option.

Bostonjorge
07-21-2017, 07:17 PM
He should have fleed to Hou/gs/cle/celt to have a bigger role and a better chance at the ring......

Anyway, you heard this first here, By Deadline or next june tops Both G boys will be wearing Silver and Black.

Pau hates D'Antoni

OlivaThor
07-22-2017, 05:42 PM
For what? If it is 10 plus then it is another loss for SA

LA_Raiders
07-22-2017, 07:41 PM
Celts should had made a run at him. Solid bench player for SA.

tredigs
07-22-2017, 09:12 PM
Spurs might be the #1 losers of the off season actually. Couldn't deal LMA, signed Rudy Gay's corpse, and 3 years for Pau's corpse. All the other top West teams improved. They are not looking great right now.

kdspurman
07-23-2017, 11:42 PM
For what? If it is 10 plus then it is another loss for SA

What was the other loss?

kdspurman
07-23-2017, 11:43 PM
Always interesting how people still think because you don't add the sexier names , you had a bad off season.

This team was just in the WCF and got the injury bug. The moves they've made , they might have a higher ceiling than last season. Especially knowing Kawhi is still getting better

Jamiecballer
07-23-2017, 11:45 PM
50 win team just like I said folks

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

tredigs
07-23-2017, 11:59 PM
50 win team just like I said folks

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Going out on a limb and saying the team that has won 50+ wins for 2 decades straight will do so again ay? You daredevil you!

I will say this Spurs team could not be less scary. LMA hates them and he is their 2nd best player. Bad combo.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Going out on a limb and saying the team that has won 50+ wins for 2 decades straight will do so again ay? You daredevil you!

I will say this Spurs team could not be less scary. LMA hates them and he is their 2nd best player. Bad combo.

That represents quite a fall tho, he is going out on a limb IMO cuz I predicted it last year and was wrong. THIS is the year they fall to a ho-hum 50 win level IMO. Maybe not based on the weakening league but we'll have ways of accounting for that. We'll see but 50 wins is a low bar for the Spurs and they may struggle getting there if they have any sort of injuries.

kdspurman
07-24-2017, 10:09 AM
LMA (if the rumors are true) was unhappy last year, and he was still giving the champs the business along with Kawhi until he got hurt.

Now he's in a contract year... If he really wants out, playing poorly and uninspired probably won't be a recipe for another decent contract.

kdspurman
07-24-2017, 10:11 AM
That represents quite a fall tho, he is going out on a limb IMO cuz I predicted it last year and was wrong. THIS is the year they fall to a ho-hum 50 win level IMO. Maybe not based on the weakening league but we'll have ways of accounting for that. We'll see but 50 wins is a low bar for the Spurs and they may struggle getting there if they have any sort of injuries.

You've been saying it for several seasons now haha ;)

I think it might be time to realize with Pop and now Kawhi, this team will always be good. I still think they finish somewhere in the 55-60 range, and will once again surprise people.

They had lots of success playing smaller last season, tho they didn't do it often. It seems they're going in that director more next season.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 10:36 AM
You've been saying it for several seasons now haha ;)

I think it might be time to realize with Pop and now Kawhi, this team will always be good. I still think they finish somewhere in the 55-60 range, and will once again surprise people.

They had lots of success playing smaller last season, tho they didn't do it often. It seems they're going in that director more next season.
Whos left tho? I've never seen someone come back from an Achilles injury this quickly since Dominique, and I never liked Gay to begin with. You lost Dedmon right. TP is done. Simmons was a revelation. Pau is a year older, LMA is a year older and I didn't like the way he was moving around in the playoffs. I think 50 wins is a great achievement given the losses.

kdspurman
07-24-2017, 10:52 AM
Whos left tho? I've never seen someone come back from an Achilles injury this quickly since Dominique, and I never liked Gay to begin with. You lost Dedmon right. TP is done. Simmons was a revelation. Pau is a year older, LMA is a year older and I didn't like the way he was moving around in the playoffs. I think 50 wins is a great achievement given the losses.

I liked this re: Gay, I think he will surprise people. Especially with how Pop manages guys minutes, and with their medical staff.

There's a lot of young talent on this team. Like Brandon Paul will probably prove to be better than Simmoms on both ends, TP is out for several months, but Murray has shown potential, Dedmon is gone, but he wasn't as great for us as many like to give him credit for.

It'll be interesting, I def don't think this team will be worse than last. I think they'll be different because Pop won't go with 2 bigs nearly as much. I also think we'll see Kawhi handling the ball much more which is never a bad thing.

tredigs
07-27-2017, 01:29 PM
Oh wow the Pay deal is for 3 years 48 million. Only a partial guarantee year 3 but yikes.

ewing
07-27-2017, 01:31 PM
I liked this re: Gay, I think he will surprise people. Especially with how Pop manages guys minutes, and with their medical staff.

There's a lot of young talent on this team. Like Brandon Paul will probably prove to be better than Simmoms on both ends, TP is out for several months, but Murray has shown potential, Dedmon is gone, but he wasn't as great for us as many like to give him credit for.

It'll be interesting, I def don't think this team will be worse than last. I think they'll be different because Pop won't go with 2 bigs nearly as much. I also think we'll see Kawhi handling the ball much more which is never a bad thing.

you guys got to get some ****ing guards already

kdspurman
07-27-2017, 02:15 PM
you guys got to get some ****ing guards already

They have lots of guards already, nearly half the team is guards

tredigs
07-27-2017, 09:46 PM
I think he understands they fill the position, but may question their effectiveness. D Green is fine but they are certainly in trouble at a position you don't want to be in trouble at in the Western Conference landscape.

Also this Pau deal was bad. Just really bad. They're not a contender imo.

kdspurman
07-28-2017, 11:17 AM
I think he understands they fill the position, but may question their effectiveness. D Green is fine but they are certainly in trouble at a position you don't want to be in trouble at in the Western Conference landscape.

Also this Pau deal was bad. Just really bad. They're not a contender imo.

Hey, young guys can step up a la Jonathan Simmons. Just gotta wait and see...

And they were contenders last year, and with the direction they're going, I don't see why they wouldn't be again. Kawhi is approaching that level where just having him you'll be a contender.

Pop seems to be going small, something they had success in last season but he was always reluctant to do consistently.

Agreed on the Pau deal, but they had to offer him something if he was going to opt out for them. Things just didn't pan out like they thought. Future FAs would appreciate that

Scoots
07-28-2017, 11:53 AM
Too many teams don't develop their young players or give up on them too soon. The Spurs are a model of both developing their own players and of grabbing up the players other teams are giving up on.

OlivaThor
07-29-2017, 01:32 PM
Sorry for not responding. The lost is that they do not react to massive improvement of the rest of the West.

kdspurman
07-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Sorry for not responding. The lost is that they do not react to massive improvement of the rest of the West.

Imo, they were already the clear cut 2nd best team last season. So they didn't need to do a whole lot anyway. They proved they could hang with GS in the small sample sizes given.

The moves/direction they are headed in in terms of style of play means they can improve. I think the way they play next season will be much different than last. But standing pat (for the most part) doesn't mean they got worse or lost the off season .

There weren't any deals that made sense to them or they could realistically make.

Scoots
07-30-2017, 12:56 AM
Imo, they were already the clear cut 2nd best team last season. So they didn't need to do a whole lot anyway. They proved they could hang with GS in the small sample sizes given.

The moves/direction they are headed in in terms of style of play means they can improve. I think the way they play next season will be much different than last. But standing pat (for the most part) doesn't mean they got worse or lost the off season .

There weren't any deals that made sense to them or they could realistically make.

People still don't get that the players at the end of the bench are learning how to play, and hopefully they are ready to step forward when they are needed.

kdspurman
07-30-2017, 11:06 AM
People still don't get that the players at the end of the bench are learning how to play, and hopefully they are ready to step forward when they are needed.

Yea.. it is what it is. I mean the same people who thought losing Jonathan Simmons was a huge loss don't realize he was just that (end of bench kidna guy) and probably never heard of him prior to last season.

ewing
07-30-2017, 11:15 AM

I meant good ones. KL is the only play maker under 50 on the team. As great as he is its to big an ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kdspurman
07-30-2017, 11:50 AM
I meant good ones. KL is the only play maker under 50 on the team. As great as he is its to big an ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because you haven't heard of them doesn't mean they aren't good ;)