PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving asked Cavs to trade him in a meeting last week

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 03:44 PM
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Ese rp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Update: Kyrie names Knicks, Heat, Spurs, and T-Wolves as preferred destinations.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 03:44 PM
IMO, probably because he knows LeBron is leaving next season and does not wish to stay in Cleveland.

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Melo for Kyrie lol

Get it done, Perry. :laugh:

lamzoka
07-21-2017, 03:46 PM
Melo and Frank for Kyrie

minato_17
07-21-2017, 03:47 PM
Kyrie Irving requests a trade from Cavs, sources told ESPN. LeBron James was blindsided and is disappointed: https://t.co/54afvYge9V

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

LOb0
07-21-2017, 03:48 PM
What an idiot. The earth isn't flat.

This is also stupid.

LA4life24/8
07-21-2017, 03:49 PM
Lebron is gone. This cements that fact.

KnickNyKnick
Melo for Kyrie lol

lamzoka
Kyrie for melo and frank.
Then cavs can go after cp3 next year.

FlashBolt
Cavs can get a whole bunch for Kyrie. Maybe even get rid of a bad contract and or leverage Kevin Love. Opens the door for the Cavs if this is true. Both a good/bad thing. Cavs were never going to beat the Warriors as it is. Hopefully they can get something in return for Kyrie.

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 03:50 PM
We know LeBron is going to leave. I wonder if they trade Kyrie, do they trade LeBron at some point to get something back.

LA4life24/8
07-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Wheres he gonna go though? This is thr big question (kyrie)

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 03:51 PM
Wheres he gonna go though? This is thr big question (kyrie)

Apparently he wants to be more of a focal point and doesn't want to play next to LeBron. I'm not sure if that's his true intentions but Kyrie is an absolute idiot if he thinks he'll win being the first option. He'll just be leading a team that won't reach the playoffs and Kyrie will be injured due to the workload. I think a more plausible scenario is he doesn't want to be stuck with the Cavs once LeBron leaves. I think Kyrie would do well for the Knicks but Cavs don't get anything back with a Melo for Kyrie trade. Gotta include KP in that deal... Maybe a Irving+TT for KP+Melo. That's fair for BOTH sides.

Rivera
07-21-2017, 03:53 PM
Apparently he wants to be more of a focal point and doesn't want to play next to LeBron. I'm not sure if that's his true intentions but Kyrie is an absolute idiot if he thinks he'll win being the first option. He'll just be leading a team that won't reach the playoffs and Kyrie will be injured due to the workload. I think a more plausible scenario is he doesn't want to be stuck with the Cavs once LeBron leaves. I think Kyrie would do well for the Knicks but Cavs don't get anything back with a Melo for Kyrie trade. Gotta include KP in that deal... Maybe a Irving+TT for KP+Melo. That's fair for BOTH sides.

hes already a champion so him winning probably isnt a first priority. And his mind, he could be the reason because his performance those 3 games in a row they won plus he hit the big shot to go up permanetly.

Kyrie has a bit of an ego on him, and he wants to be the man i dont see a problem with that

ewing
07-21-2017, 03:54 PM
Probably just feed up with LeBron

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 03:55 PM
I think this is why Cavs are going hard for Rose. They just got Calderon for backup PG. Why get Rose at all if you have Kyrie+Calderon? Only plausible scenario is they want to start Rose and trade Irving. Would not be surprised if a deal is made soon at this point. As good as Kyrie is against the Warriors, he's only doing it when LeBron is on the court. Knicks should entertain it. I think KP is a goner soon anyways.

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 03:56 PM
This is crazy. I'm trying to think back through the history of the league, and I can't remember a precedent for this. Maybe Kobe and Shaq? But there doesn't appear to be any bad blood between Lebron and Kyrie, unless it's happened behind closed doors.

LA4life24/8
07-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Thats also what i think. He knows lebron is gone and is getting a jump start outta town.

Clippers would be interesting.. thry dont have anything to get it done either though.

I also agree he wont win anything being the #1 option

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 03:57 PM
I think this is why Cavs are going hard for Rose. They just got Calderon for backup PG. Why get Rose at all if you have Kyrie+Calderon? Only plausible scenario is they want to start Rose and trade Irving. Would not be surprised if a deal is made soon at this point. As good as Kyrie is against the Warriors, he's only doing it when LeBron is on the court. Knicks should entertain it. I think KP is a goner soon anyways.

Rose
JR
LBJ
Melo
TT

:eyebrow:

KnickNyKnick
07-21-2017, 03:58 PM

lol KPs not going anywhere, especially not for TT

KnickNyKnick
07-21-2017, 03:59 PM
ah crap the flux capacitor is working this thread again.

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 04:00 PM
If you're Cleveland, I don't think you can afford to move him. You'll only get pennies on the dollar, making the team worse. And a worse showing than last season will just further increase the likelihood of Lebron leaving next summer.

You could possibly work with New York on a Kyrie for Melo swap, but that makes the Cavs worse than last season.

JLynn943
07-21-2017, 04:01 PM
I feel like the Suns would be all over this. Pairing Kyrie and Booker would be nice. Bledsoe, Chriss, Ulis and a 1st? They won't give up Jackson.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:03 PM
If you're Cleveland, I don't think you can afford to move him. You'll only get pennies on the dollar, making the team worse. And a worse showing than last season will just further increase the likelihood of Lebron leaving next summer.

You could possibly work with New York on a Kyrie for Melo swap, but that makes the Cavs worse than last season.

Knicks would be committing an O.J. Simpson if they can get Kyrie for Melo. I don't think Cavs would ever do that because Gilbert knows they'll lose Kyrie for a rental in Melo. If it makes any sense, it has to be Kyrie for a promising very good player with at least a three year deal. Otherwise, Gilbert will be losing Kyrie for no reason and if LeBron bolts, what is Gilbert doing with an overpriced roster of Love+TT+J.R.? That would be embarrassing.

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2017, 04:05 PM

Unless Cavs gets creative do a 3 team trade including Kyrie

Cavs: Melo, 1st (Suns)

Knicks: Bledsoe, Frye, Dudley & 1st (Cavs)

Suns: Kyrie, Jefferson

Rivera
07-21-2017, 04:07 PM
This is crazy. I'm trying to think back through the history of the league, and I can't remember a precedent for this. Maybe Kobe and Shaq? But there doesn't appear to be any bad blood between Lebron and Kyrie, unless it's happened behind closed doors.

this is soley off memory, i should do some research on this but

when lebron first came back to cleveland, wasnt Kyrie not to thrilled? He wasnt the most excited about playing with Lebron cause he wanted to be the man. Wasnt their weird tension between the 2 at first?

now I know a few years have passed, and that relationship seems to be better BUT maybe Kyrie just had enough? Maybe he was just playing nice for us until the time is right?

but my main point is, wasnt there trouble between the 2 when Bron came back to Cleveland?

Rivera
07-21-2017, 04:08 PM
im surprised im the first to say......Boston

Give them IT, Crowder, one of Brown/Tatum and one of those 1st round picks

makes Boston a lot better

RowBTrice
07-21-2017, 04:09 PM
ahhhhhhhhahahahahahahahahaha

mgjohnson7851
07-21-2017, 04:09 PM
If the Nuggets could land him, that would be huge! Nuggets have a lot of moveable pieces and could offer a pretty good package to Cleveland. A starting 5 that includes Irving, Harris/Murray (If Cleveland wants Harris), Millsap, and Jokic is pretty filthy.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ewing
07-21-2017, 04:10 PM

LeBron is an unlikable person. I am sure he causes tension.

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2017, 04:10 PM
If Kyrie is traded, the Sixers have a legitimate chance to make the finals

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:13 PM

You're trying so hard that it's almost beyond pathetic. Please go away.

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 04:16 PM
Sources: In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs.

I fox with it.

ewing
07-21-2017, 04:16 PM
You're trying so hard that it's almost beyond pathetic. Please go away.

its true.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:19 PM
its true.

The only true part is that some players just don't get along with another for whatever reason. Different personalities and what-not clash. But you're a total hater, dude. You have zero ounce of evidence in any of your post other than for the disgust you already have for LeBron. Seriously, if it's true, please prove a track record of instances. If not, you are a hater. No facts, no evidence, just plain hate.

minato_17
07-21-2017, 04:20 PM
Sources: In the Kyrie Irving meeting with Cavs, one of primary teams raised as a preferred trade destination for him: The San Antonio Spurs.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:21 PM
Can't figure out why Kyrie wants to play for the Spurs. Spurs don't need Kyrie as he doesn't play defense and also, is too demanding in ISO plays - which I'd rather have Kawhi dictate. Realistically, Kyrie as a first option will not be a playoff team. He's just not capable of doing anything else other than score. Part of why he fit with the Cavs.

still1ballin
07-21-2017, 04:22 PM
Yes! Screw dan Gilbert! Glad it's blowing up!

aman_13
07-21-2017, 04:24 PM
The Celtics, Raptors and Wizards have to love this news.

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 04:27 PM

I can't envision a scenario where he ends up in San Antonio. Aldridge alone won't be close to enough, and I don't think they can trade Mills anytime soon. They wouldn't even consider swapping Kawhi.

jaydubb
Do the LT!

:dance:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
Lol

Greet
I'm going to just go out and saying it.... Trading Kyrie will end up being a good long-term move for the Cavs.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:28 PM
I was very surprised to hear that as a choice of his honestly. I mean if LMA is walking (not definite but who knows) idk if they'll offer up him +Murray etc...

Murray and LeBron share an agent and were just together at the summer league.

Doubt anything happens, but it's keeping this interesting off-season just that lol

Doesn't make sense for the Cavs to give up Kyrie for LMA. LeBron would be stuck with two soft PF's with similar roles. I mean.. unless it's a Kyrie for Kawhi trade, LOL... oh boy, this is one of the weirdest seasons from a team that just made the Finals. Like, nothing has gone right for the Cavs this offseason just when it looked like they might have been able to get PG, Melo, and Wade.

kdspurman
07-21-2017, 04:28 PM
Can't figure out why Kyrie wants to play for the Spurs. Spurs don't need Kyrie as he doesn't play defense and also, is too demanding in ISO plays - which I'd rather have Kawhi dictate. Realistically, Kyrie as a first option will not be a playoff team. He's just not capable of doing anything else other than score. Part of why he fit with the Cavs.

I was very surprised to hear that as a choice of his honestly. I mean if LMA is walking (not definite but who knows) idk if they'll offer up him +Murray etc...

Doubt anything happens, but it's keeping this interesting off-season just that lol

still1ballin
07-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Do the LT!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

still1ballin
This has been a crazy offseason. Better than last years regular season.

aman_13
I can't wait until next year. It will be the most open Eastern Conference ever lol.

JLynn943
07-21-2017, 04:36 PM
I can't wait until next year. It will be the most open Eastern Conference ever lol.

Sacramento Kings announce plans to play in the East next year. Lol

Big Zo
07-21-2017, 04:37 PM
Lighter fluid and charcoal just sold out in Cleveland.

Greet
07-21-2017, 04:40 PM
Wiggins for Kyrie. Tell Teague to get lost. Best way for Minnesota to get out of paying Wiggins stupid money he doesn't deserve.

And why would the Cavs do this?

Jets012
Wiggins for Kyrie. Tell Teague to get lost. Best way for Minnesota to get out of paying Wiggins stupid money he doesn't deserve.

TrueFan420
this is best damn off season i can remember

FlashBolt
I updated with his preferred destinations. Knicks, Heat , Wolves, or Spurs. I'm not sure if it is in any order but like I said... Knicks is perfect for Kyrie.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 04:42 PM
****ing crazy. LeBron is gone for sure. Wonder if they look to trade him.

The Bulls and Pacers both feeling dumb as **** now for trade Butler and PG too early.

Jets012
07-21-2017, 04:42 PM
And why would the Cavs do this?

Because Wiggins' value around the league is probably much higher than it should be.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 04:47 PM
Spurs or Heat make the most sense. I could see the Heat doing a swap with Dragic and first round pick. Obviously the Spurs badly need a point guard and have pieces they can trade.

Knicks could give Frank, Melo, and picks. So that's also a possibility.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 04:49 PM
I think everyone is getting overly excited over nothing. The Cavs would be complete idiots right now to deal Irving. The only reason they should do that is if they have confirmation from Lebron that he's not coming back next summer, and they're just willing to completely blow up the trio this offseason. The only other way it could work is if they somehow got a young piece in return that was of at least comparable value to Kyrie that would still make the Cavs the team to beat in the East. But who could that be? Maybe Porzingis?

I think it has to happen at this point. Swapping him for Butler would've made them better, maybe even for CP3 or Pg. now I'm not sure there's a deal to make them better.

LeBrons disappointment is already out there, I don't see him staying now.

PAOboston
07-21-2017, 04:50 PM
Sounds like the ship is sinking over there...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
I think everyone is getting overly excited over nothing. The Cavs would be complete idiots right now to deal Irving. The only reason they should do that is if they have confirmation from Lebron that he's not coming back next summer, and they're just willing to completely blow up the trio this offseason. The only other way it could work is if they somehow got a young piece in return that was of at least comparable value to Kyrie that would still make the Cavs the team to beat in the East. But who could that be? Maybe Porzingis?

zn23
https://twitter.com/WindhorstESPN?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Ese rp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Update: Kyrie names Knicks, Heat, Spurs, and T-Wolves as preferred destinations.

Spurs or Heat make the most sense. I could see the Heat doing a swap with Dragic and first round pick. Obviously the Spurs badly need a point guard and have pieces they can trade.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 04:53 PM
They're saying the Bulls would be on his list instead of Minny if they didn't trade Jimmy lmao! Dumbass organization, 2nd worst in the league.

KB24PG16
07-21-2017, 04:53 PM
kyrie smart for getting out of cleveland before gilbert wrecks the ship

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 04:54 PM
Dragic Whiteside and JRich or Winslow for Kyrie and Thompson.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 04:54 PM

Kyrie figures he'll be the #1 name/face of the franchise because Kawhi is so background in the public consciousness, and the Spurs give him the best chance to win as the "front man" of a team.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 04:55 PM
I don't know this has anything to do with LeBron or Kyrie's desire to be the man. It could just be that he sees the Cavs as a dysfunctional organization and doesn't want to go through another winter in Cleveland.

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Rumor was LeBron blocked a trade which involved Kyrie to Phoenix which would have brought both Eric Bledsoe and PG13 to Cleveland. Bet he's kicking himself now.

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 04:56 PM
Welp, glad we got our ring before all of this.

Fire sale!

lamzoka
07-21-2017, 04:57 PM
I don't know this has anything to do with LeBron or Kyrie's desire to be the man. It could just be that he sees the Cavs as a dysfunctional organization and doesn't want to go through another winter in Cleveland.

but then he turned around and picked the knicks as one of his preferred destination lol

zn23
07-21-2017, 04:59 PM
Kyrie figures he'll be the #1 name/face of the franchise because Kawhi is so background in the public consciousness, and the Spurs give him the best chance to win as the "front man" of a team.

But he doesn't play Spurs basketball. He's a 1 on 1 iso player, who doesn't play ANY defense. That would drive Pop nuts. Maybe Pop can convince him to play differently, but from what I've seen, Kyrie is who he is and he wants to be a shot jacker.

5ass
Wow.

DanG
Kyrie on the Knicks would be awesome.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 05:00 PM
Chris Haynes @ChrisBHaynes

ESPN Sources: Cleveland disturbed news about Kyrie Irving was made public out of fear it could impact trade value.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 05:06 PM
Also note teams can't trade signed picks till 30 days after.

aman_13
07-21-2017, 05:07 PM
Lol. He doesn't have a No-Trade Clause.

Listing teams is hilarious to me.

His value is not going to be low by any means with this statement.

His value lowers because teams know that he doesn't want to play for Cleveland.

effen5
07-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Please goto Minny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shep33
07-21-2017, 05:08 PM
Lol. He doesn't have a No-Trade Clause.

Listing teams is hilarious to me.

His value is not going to be low by any means with this statement.

aman_13
07-21-2017, 05:11 PM
They still haven't fixed the posting issue.

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 05:15 PM
If Kyrie can return back two solid pieces, and the Cavs sign Rose, I think they may actually be better.

LOb0
07-21-2017, 05:18 PM
Sounds like the ship is sinking over there...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

lol this was the iceberg.

Hawkeye15
07-21-2017, 05:19 PM

LeBron is controlling. That might be worse than unlikeable

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:22 PM
Trade has to happen imo. It flat out says he doesn't want to play with LeBron. Unless the Cavs say **** it and trade LeBron because they think he's leaving anyways and then build Kyrie a team.

mrblisterdundee
07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Milwaukee seems like a good fit for Kyrie. I wonder if they'd pull the trigger on Kyrie for Henson, Brogdon and Maker.
Kyrie's skill set is exactly what the Bucks need, and they have the length to cover up for his deficiencies on defense. They also have glut of power forwards.
Cleveland gets a mature combo guard who's shown the ability to run the point, along with a high-upside prospect who will get a much bigger role. Henson's also reasonably young and not terribly expensive. Cleveland can probably add even more assets by trading Love.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
Jimmy Butler pointed out the he didn't want to go to the Cavs because Kyrie might ask for a trade a month ago and here we are lol.

tredigs
07-21-2017, 05:28 PM
Ahhhh this is just glorious. Probably LBJ's last truly great season coming up and it will be spent in utter turmoil.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:30 PM

mike_noodles
07-21-2017, 05:37 PM
Most guys chase rings, this guy wants to chase personal stats.

KG2TB
07-21-2017, 05:37 PM
They're saying the Bulls would be on his list instead of Minny if they didn't trade Jimmy lmao! Dumbass organization, 2nd worst in the league.

Umm....

If the Bulls didn't trade Jimmy....and the only way Kyrie would want to come to Chicago is because of Jimmy....who the **** would the Bulls trade for Kyrie? They wouldn't have near the ammunition to get a deal done. That should have been pretty obvious.

Ironman5219
07-21-2017, 05:38 PM
He'll probably ended up in the west, why not load it up even more.....

Scoots
07-21-2017, 05:39 PM
but then he turned around and picked the knicks as one of his preferred destination lol

Why not ... being the king in NY is better than anywhere else and he throws the Cavs a bone with the Melo options.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 05:39 PM
But he doesn't play Spurs basketball. He's a 1 on 1 iso player, who doesn't play ANY defense. That would drive Pop nuts. Maybe Pop can convince him to play differently, but from what I've seen, Kyrie is who he is and he wants to be a shot jacker.

I don't think he's that deep a thinker. :)

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:40 PM
He wants to "be the man". But the Spurs are and will be Kawhis team for the next decade. Irving will be in his shadow.

And he'll be in Butler and Towns shadow in Minnesota

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 05:41 PM
I don't think he's that deep a thinker. :)

He wants to "be the man". But the Spurs are and will be Kawhis team for the next decade. Irving will be in his shadow.

still1ballin
07-21-2017, 05:44 PM
This is good.

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Kyrie for Cousins.

Bostonjorge
07-21-2017, 05:45 PM
Kyrie makes any team better

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:46 PM
Kyrie for Cousins.

Pelicans should look in to it. Maybe overpay a little for him.

FOXHOUND
07-21-2017, 05:47 PM
This thread should have a PTSD warning for Lakers fans, in respect of the 2004 offseason.

kyubi256
07-21-2017, 05:48 PM
Idiotic... Makes sense though with all the proposed trade ideas using Kyrie

Scoots
Most guys chase rings, this guy wants to chase personal stats.

Or just run from LeBron.

WaDe03
I would demand Jackson for Kyrie. Jackson, Booker and Ulis should get it done :clap:

They can keep their 1st, Bledsoe and Chriss....see how nice I am as the Cavs GM :nod:

Nice of you to still help your former favorite team.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 05:50 PM

To the technical NBA fan, but Kawhi is so quiet he'll never be a superstar and Kyrie may well think he could be the face of the franchise because Kawhi runs from the light so much.

WaDe03

He wants to play with Jimmy.

Scoots
Kyrie makes any team better

Depends on the cost

THE MTL
This is really out of nowhere.

eDush
07-21-2017, 05:51 PM
I feel like the Suns would be all over this. Pairing Kyrie and Booker would be nice. Bledsoe, Chriss, Ulis and a 1st? They won't give up Jackson.I would demand Jackson for Kyrie. Jackson, Booker and Ulis should get it done :clap:

They can keep their 1st, Bledsoe and Chriss....see how nice I am as the Cavs GM :nod:

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:52 PM
Umm....

If the Bulls didn't trade Jimmy....and the only way Kyrie would want to come to Chicago is because of Jimmy....who the **** would the Bulls trade for Kyrie? They wouldn't have near the ammunition to get a deal done. That should have been pretty obvious.

You could say the same about the Wolves getting Butler but here we are.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 05:53 PM
Kyrie for Fultz and a future 2nd from the Sixers. Done again! :clap:

Why would LeBron want young unproven guys though?

eDush
07-21-2017, 05:54 PM
Kyrie for Fultz and a future 2nd from the Sixers. Done again! :clap:

KB24PG16
07-21-2017, 05:55 PM
i don't think the cavs get a sizeable return for kyrie if he's traded

elledaddy
07-21-2017, 05:57 PM
This the best scenario for dan gilbert t cuz they not beating GS. Trade Kyrie and get something young and good. Trade love and get what you can get. That would make Lebron waive his NTC and you move him but its at his request so Gilbert wont get killed for trading lebron. Throw JR or Shump on thst deal and your out of salary cap hell

eDush
07-21-2017, 05:58 PM
i don't think the cavs get a sizeable return for kyrie if he's tradedI would even trade Kyrie for Fultz alone cause he's so... https://youtu.be/ASQSTjgf7zs

Trust me on this :nod:

KingPosey
07-21-2017, 06:00 PM
The second option on a championship super team with opossibly the second best player of all time isn't a big enough role?

I heard he wants the Spurs the most. News flash kyrie, you're easily a number two option there as well and on any team competing for a title you're not the number one option.

It must also be tied to some him else, it wouldn't shock me if he found out they tried to move him. Or he knows Lebron is gone for a fact, and maybe they don't truly get along behind the scenes.

But that is ENTIRELY speculatory

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 06:02 PM
The Pelicans makes a lot of sense.

Minny would too a package around Wiggins.

Sssmush
07-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Westbrook coming to Cleveland

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 06:09 PM
I still think this is premature, and I think we're a long way from an actual Kyrie trade. However, that being said, if I'm the Cavaliers front office, I take one look at Kyrie's "preferred destination" list and rip it to shreds. They owe him nothing. They drafted him, paid him an extremely lucrative contract (that still has three years left) and helped him get to three consecutive Finals and win a ring next to the greatest player of his generation.

Cousins? Butler? George (to a lesser extent)? Those scenarios made sense from the players' perspectives. Those front offices weren't especially well run, and those organizations did a poor job building around their stars. But Cleveland has had unquestionably the best roster in the conference and the second best team in the league the last three years. They owe him jack, and for him to request a trade in this situation comes off to me as selfish and a little classless to me.

If you're Cleveland and you have to deal Kyrie, get the best possible package you can and don't think twice about where you're sending the kid. Because he clearly didn't think that hard about abandoning you.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Irving to Spurs would be a nice fit. Not sure what Spurs could offer up though. Maybe Aldridge and a couple first round picks and whatever else for Irving? No way Cavs take Melo for Irving.

KingPosey
07-21-2017, 06:11 PM
God he's ****ig arrogant without merit imo honestly.

I completely agree with you bosstone

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 06:13 PM
Hearing rumors that the Cavs are engaged in deep trade talks with the Knicks surrounding Kyrie and Melo.

Knicks know that Melo alone wouldn't be enough so they're trying to get a 3rd team involved (Suns perhaps).

AllBall
07-21-2017, 06:14 PM
I still think this is premature, and I think we're a long way from an actual Kyrie trade. However, that being said, if I'm the Cavaliers front office, I take one look at Kyrie's "preferred destination" list and rip it to shreds. They owe him nothing. They drafted him, paid him an extremely lucrative contract (that still has three years left) and helped him get to three consecutive Finals and win a ring next to the greatest player of his generation.

Cousins? Butler? George (to a lesser extent)? Those scenarios made sense from the players' perspectives. Those front offices weren't especially well run, and those organizations did a poor job building around their stars. But Cleveland has had unquestionably the best roster in the conference and the second best team in the league the last three years. They owe him jack, and for him to request a trade in this situation comes off to me as selfish and a little classless to me.

If you're Cleveland and you have to deal Kyrie, get the best possible package you can and don't think twice about where you're sending the kid. Because he clearly didn't think that hard about abandoning you.

You're looking at it the wrong way. He's not leaving because of the Cavs, he's leaving because he knows Lebron is leaving. If Lebron came out publicly and said I'm not going anywhere this situation doesn't happen.

KB24PG16
07-21-2017, 06:18 PM
kyrie is smart getting to get out of a sinking ship as soon as possible. cavs aren't beating the warriors anymore, lbj is getting older and is most likely gone next year, and the cavs fo led by an idiot like gilbert won't be able to make a contender around kyrie. kyrie is in the prime of his career why would he want to squander that in the hells of cleveland.

KingPosey
07-21-2017, 06:19 PM
Ya but why would t he ask for the trade after one more run this season? The timing of this is so garbage. Do this two months ago or after the season jerk hahahaha

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 06:20 PM
Hearing rumors that the Cavs are engaged in deep trade talks with the Knicks surrounding Kyrie and Melo.

Knicks know that Melo alone wouldn't be enough so they're trying to get a 3rd team involved (Suns perhaps).

But does Melo want to play on a Cavs team sans Irving? Because it seemed like he was pretty set on going to Houston even when it seemed like Cleveland's best offer involved Love and Kyrie staying in Cleveland. How is a substantially worse Cleveland team without Kyrie going to change his mind?

Also, if you're Cleveland, I kind of think you'd be stupid to take that deal. You're getting what could amount to a one-year rental of an inferior player to a top 20-25 player hitting his peak with 2-3 years left on his contract. They could, and should, do better than that.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 06:21 PM
The Knicks, obviously, have strong interest in Kyrie Irving (just like 29 other teams) but I'm told people in the Knicks front office would not be willing at this point to include Kristaps Porzingis in a trade. Some with the organization would be willing to include future first-round picks and Carmelo Anthony in a deal for Irving, per league sources.

Ian Begley, ESPN Staff Writer

GiantsSwaGG
07-21-2017, 06:23 PM

Where you heard this rumor?

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 06:28 PM
You're looking at it the wrong way. He's not leaving because of the Cavs, he's leaving because he knows Lebron is leaving. If Lebron came out publicly and said I'm not going anywhere this situation doesn't happen.

But even if Kyrie 100 percent knew (which I doubt he does) that Lebron is leaving next summer, that's still one more year to get the band back together and try for one last title. And if Lebron left next summer, he could still demand a trade then. Doing it now is completely nonsensical.

Also, I think we're getting contradicting ideas here. On one hand, if he thinks Lebron is leaving and doesn't want to be stuck with a losing Cleveland team in a year, OK, that makes sense. That kind of makes sense. But if he wants to ultimately be the star go-to player, why request a trade if he thinks Lebron is going to leave him in a year, essentially making him Cleveland's key star player moving forward? The pieces don't add up. I just think he's being an entitled child who wants what he wants and isn't willing to wait.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 06:31 PM
Where you heard this rumor?

It is Jordan Schultz who was wrong on the Lakers not drafting Lonzo and the PG13 trade to the Lakers. He doesn't know anything.

eDush
07-21-2017, 06:34 PM
Irving to Spurs would be a nice fit. Not sure what Spurs could offer up though. Maybe Aldridge and a couple first round picks and whatever else for Irving? No way Cavs take Melo for Irving.Lol no one wants LA...just absorbed that for a bit. It would take Murray, Green Bertans and Forbes to start. Then I would demand they include 2 future future first. Then I forced them to take back JR and they can keep their precious LA.

I don't take garbage for a guy like Kyrie. Trust me :nod:

tredigs
07-21-2017, 06:35 PM
But even if Kyrie 100 percent knew (which I doubt he does) that Lebron is leaving next summer, that's still one more year to get the band back together and try for one last title. And if Lebron left next summer, he could still demand a trade then. Doing it now is completely nonsensical.

Also, I think we're getting contradicting ideas here. On one hand, if he thinks Lebron is leaving and doesn't want to be stuck with a losing Cleveland team in a year, OK, that makes sense. That kind of makes sense. But if he wants to ultimately be the star go-to player, why request a trade if he thinks Lebron is going to leave him in a year, essentially making him Cleveland's key star player moving forward? The pieces don't add up. I just think he's being an entitled child who wants what he wants and isn't willing to wait.

On all the teams listed as possible trade destinations that I saw, by and large he would not be the alpha go-to star on the team. So it seems that it's much more about not wanting to be part of the craziness of the crashing Cleveland circus (I'm sure he knows enough about 'Bron's situation to know that he is bolting again) and to get a fresh start going now. It makes perfect sense seeing as how Cleveland is just a train wreck right now (despite still being favorites in the East for the time being).

BostonBoy
07-21-2017, 06:36 PM
This Kyrie news really came out of left field. I might get crucified for saying this, but if I'm Cleveland, I'd actually look to trade LeBron instead of Kyrie.

Kyrie is under contract until 2020 whereas LeBron can book it next year to LAL (or the destination of his choosing). That doesn't even take into account that LeBron is turning 33 this year (coming out of his prime) and Kyrie is turning 26 (entering his prime). The Cavs can get a much larger return for LeBron and start their rebuild process around Kyrie. If their rebuild process isn't accelerated enough for Kyrie's liking, you trade him and Love the following year for more assets. The Cavs are a sinking ship, so if I were their GM I would look to get as many top assets as possible.

I honestly have no idea what a fair trade for LeBron would look like. I would imagine that it would include 3-4 first round picks at minimum + 2-3 promising young players. As much of a pipe dream as it is, the Celtics are one of the few teams that actually fit into this bucket (Brown/Tatum/2018 Brooklyn/2018 LAL/2019 Memphis + a couple of their own first rounders). Sadly, a team like the 76ers may also fit into that bucket (Fultz/Simmons/Saric/Cabbarot/Covington/2018 LAL if they retain/2019 PHI). Phoenix may also be a suitor, though they'd still be pretty far away from competing (assuming they'd like to retain Booker, Josh Jackson/Bledsoe/Bender/Chriss/Warren/2018 PHO/2018 Heat).

I think there's a 1% shot they trade LeBron (I think he has a no trade clause?) and a much higher chance of trading Kyrie if he's disgruntled, but I'd look to get a King's Ransom with a LeBron trade if I were the Cavs GM.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 06:40 PM
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report

Source: #Knicks and #Cavs in serious talks centered around Carmelo Anthony and Kyrie Irving+possible 3rd team (maybe #Suns).

still1ballin
07-21-2017, 06:42 PM
Trust me

numba1CHANGsta
Minn-no way they trade for Irving they just signed Teague and would have to give up Wiggins which i dont see happening.

SA-no assets, nobody wants LA or the old farts Parker/Manu/Gasol

MIA-might have a shot but would have to include Whiteside and others and then after what would be left is Kyrie and a bunch of scrubs

NY-probably have the best shot since they can trade Melo LeBron's buddy and draft picks with some young assets they already have. But then again Melo wants to go to HOU IF NY does decide to trade him.

When a superstar asks to be traded it almost certainly mean theyre gone. No way Cavs trade LeBron over Kyrie which is dumb cuz he's leaving anyways after next season lol

Scoots
Trust me on this :nod:

You know what "trust me" means right?

Scoots
07-21-2017, 06:45 PM
But Cleveland has had unquestionably the best roster in the conference

You do realize LeBron and Cavs fans have regularly complained about the talent on the Cavs roster right?

When your best player questions it I think it falls well short of "unquestionably the best" :)

Scoots
07-21-2017, 06:46 PM
Ya but why would t he ask for the trade after one more run this season? The timing of this is so garbage. Do this two months ago or after the season jerk hahahaha

He did ask out months ago ... it just leaked now.

Wade n Fade
07-21-2017, 06:48 PM
The Knicks request is mind boggling. Going from a chaotic Cavs organization to the clueless Knicks one? Dude already played with losing squads where he was the main guy. It doesn't work that way.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 06:49 PM

Or he just wants the F out of Cleveland ... of course choosing to go to Minny makes even less sense on that front. Maybe he got one too many passive aggressive comments from LeBron and he's thrown his toys out of the crib and wants to GO!

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 06:52 PM
I'd be happy with a Melo + Bledsoe + pick return.

eDush
07-21-2017, 06:53 PM
Minn-no way they trade for Irving they just signed Teague and would have to give up Wiggins which i dont see happening.

SA-no assets, nobody wants LA or the old farts Parker/Manu/Gasol

MIA-might have a shot but would have to include Whiteside and others and then after what would be left is Kyrie and a bunch of scrubs

NY-probably have the best shot since they can trade Melo LeBron's buddy and draft picks with some young assets they already have. But then again Melo wants to go to HOU IF NY does decide to trade him.

When a superstar asks to be traded it almost certainly mean theyre gone. No way Cavs trade LeBron over Kyrie which is dumb cuz he's leaving anyways after next season lolKawhi is a big asset along with others that has more potential impact overseas than you can imagine. Manu is valuable but would retire if traded.

I can get more from the Spurs for Kyrie than the Bulls and Pacers gotten for their stars, trust me on this :nod:

Redrum187
07-21-2017, 06:54 PM
To the technical NBA fan, but Kawhi is so quiet he'll never be a superstar and Kyrie may well think he could be the face of the franchise because Kawhi runs from the light so much.

Kawhi doesn't "run from the light", he just doesn't chase the light like a damn moth. He's a superstar regardless of his intimidating ice-cold composure.

Having said that, I believe Kyrie, Kawhi, and Pop can get along and make it work.

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 06:55 PM
You do realize LeBron and Cavs fans have regularly complained about the talent on the Cavs roster right?

When your best player questions it I think it falls well short of "unquestionably the best" :)

OK, but take a good hard look at the rest of the East. Not one team in the conference has given the Cavs a legitimate fight in a series since Lebron came back to Cleveland. If you were to try to make a case for another roster being better the last three years, how does that argument even look? "Boston was the higher playoff seed last season (even though they got killed by the Cavs and nearly didn't make it out of the first round)!" There's literally no argument to be made.

More-Than-Most
07-21-2017, 06:58 PM
no ****... he knows without lebron he cant carry **** and the cavs wont even make the playoffs. Lol even kyrie knows the cavs are **** without lebron but people believe love/kyrie/trash can make the playoffs lol

eDush
07-21-2017, 06:59 PM
I'd be happy with a Melo + Bledsoe + pick return.Hmm if you are really a Cavs fan, you wouldn't sell the team short like that for Kyrie since the only reason he would leave is that he thinks Lebron is as good as gone too if you look between the fine lines of this request.

It should be about getting young talents and out of the repeated tax, not retool for another run next season without Kyrie, trust me :nod:

KB24PG16
Trust me

:nod:

More-Than-Most
kyrie is smart getting to get out of a sinking ship as soon as possible. cavs aren't beating the warriors anymore, lbj is getting older and is most likely gone next year, and the cavs fo led by an idiot like gilbert won't be able to make a contender around kyrie. kyrie is in the prime of his career why would he want to squander that in the hells of cleveland.

kyrie is smart for jumping ship but lebron will get ridiculed... it boggles my mind man.

still1ballin
And the warriors are sitting back laughing

KB24PG16
07-21-2017, 07:00 PM
no ****... he knows without lebron he cant carry **** and the cavs wont even make the playoffs. Lol even kyrie knows the cavs are **** without lebron but people believe love/kyrie/trash can make the playoffs lol

its the east lol

More-Than-Most
07-21-2017, 07:00 PM
for kyrie id give them one of saric or fultz and 2 first round picks and long as kyrie signs down.

eDush
07-21-2017, 07:01 PM
The price of Kyrie should include JR or Thompson imho.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:08 PM
Hmm if you are really a Cavs fan, you wouldn't sell the team short like that for Kyrie since the only reason he would leave is that he thinks Lebron is as good as gone too if you look between the fine lines of this request.

It should be about getting young talents and out of the repeated tax, not retool for another run next season without Kyrie, trust me :nod:

Vee-Rex you may have to expose this guys old posts from when he was a Cavs fan lol!

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
The price of Kyrie should include JR or Thompson imho.

And what return do you want for a package like that?

More-Than-Most
07-21-2017, 07:09 PM
its the east lol

agreed but without lebron the cavs lose a ton of games because of the dumpster fire kyrie is defensively and how he plays iso ball a ton and kevin love is another story... they wouldnt be a 500 team without lebron because of their lack of defense and how the ball movement just stops.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 07:11 PM
Kawhi doesn't "run from the light", he just doesn't chase the light like a damn moth. He's a superstar regardless of his intimidating ice-cold composure.

Having said that, I believe Kyrie, Kawhi, and Pop can get along and make it work.

Kawhi would rather not talk to the press. And he's too quiet to ever be a superstar since "superstar" has to do with his name recognition outside of his sport.

WaDe03
So with Rose expected to decide early next week I would imagine Kyrie is gone by then.

xxplayerxx23
Knicks get Kyrie shumpert
Cavs get Bledsoe Tyson Melo
Suns get frye 2018 Knicks pick (top 10'protected ) 2020 KNCIKS (top 14 protected)
Idk just reading rumors and a bunch of ****

eDush
07-21-2017, 07:12 PM
for kyrie id give them one of saric or fultz and 2 first round picks and long as kyrie signs down.Lol you can't be a Sixers fan if ya willing to trade Fultz! Maybe I trust the process more than you perhaps since this move shouldn't be part of it.
:no:

Sssmush
07-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Lol you can't be a Sixers fan if ya willing to trade Fultz! Maybe I trust the process more than you perhaps since this move shouldn't be part of it.
:no:

There is no "process" with Colangelo.

But yeah Westbrook coming to Cleveland obviously

Bostonjorge
07-21-2017, 07:15 PM
Suns get Kyrie and Thomson

Cavs get Bledsoe, Chandler and Brandon Knight

Or

Kyrie for Aldridge

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 07:17 PM
Hmm if you are really a Cavs fan, you wouldn't sell the team short like that for Kyrie since the only reason he would leave is that he thinks Lebron is as good as gone too if you look between the fine lines of this request.

Kyrie is my favorite player - the world knows this. But if he wants out then **** him.

I'll wait until LeBron declares that he wants out or leaves before I give him the same treatment. Until then, he's a Cavalier and he got my support.

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 07:18 PM
Vee-Rex you may have to expose this guys old posts from when he was a Cavs fan lol!

Haha I would but I'm on my phone at the bar.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:19 PM
Haha I would but I'm on my phone at the bar.

Drink the pain away lol!

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:21 PM
So the Cavs lose Kyrie Shumpert and maybe frye but get Bledsoe Melo Tyson and then Rose signs? That's a better team if that happens imo.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:23 PM
And u have a little too much to drink to think rationally...
:drunk::drool:

Kyrie and Lebron are tight and this has to be some front. Don't believe everything u read as the true reason. Ainge is good at misinformed to fool the public....why can't the players, especially Lebron.
:shrug:

LeBron is leaving so he gave Kyrie 10M to demand a trade so he doesn't look as bad when he leaves.

eDush
07-21-2017, 07:24 PM

Haha I would but I'm on my phone at the bar.And u have a little too much to drink to think rationally...

Kyrie and Lebron are tight and this has to be some front. Don't believe everything u read as the true reason. Ainge is good at misinformed to fool the public....why can't the players, especially Lebron.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:25 PM
So, I'm genuinely curious... Would you rather the Cavs make a deal to a team like New York for an aging star like Melo who could ultimately bolt in a year and leave you guys with nothing? Or would you rather the Cavs get the best possible package, including young prospects and picks to help them prepare for a possible life after Lebron?

It's got to be a very interesting day to be a Cavs fan...

As a Rockets fan does his make you nervous knowing Melo may go to Cleveland when you all were so close to getting him? That would be a tough break for you guys.

5ass
07-21-2017, 07:25 PM
Melo, Frank and a 1st for Kyrie? (Just a guess)

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 07:26 PM
Kyrie is my favorite player - the world knows this. But if he wants out then **** him.

I'll wait until LeBron declares that he wants out or leaves before I give him the same treatment. Until then, he's a Cavalier and he got my support.

So, I'm genuinely curious... Would you rather the Cavs make a deal to a team like New York for an aging star like Melo who could ultimately bolt in a year and leave you guys with nothing? Or would you rather the Cavs get the best possible package, including young prospects and picks to help them prepare for a possible life after Lebron?

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 07:28 PM

Lol. You seem scared about Houston not getting Melo. Every post you have in this thread has something to do with Melo not wanting Cleveland.

Why wouldn't he want to play with LeBron for a year and have a better chance of reaching the Finals than he would in Houston? If LeBron leaves, Melo can opt out and leave also.

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 07:30 PM

I'd still buy you a drink. :D

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:34 PM
It's definitely an interesting day lol. I'm sure Cavs fans are all over the place.

At this point I just want to contend for as long as possible. I sincerely believe that LeBron is more likely to stay if he's playing beside Melo. And after watching Bron all year I seriously believe this dude might have some YEARS left playing at an elite level. Like, I think he might have 3 years left before he really declines significantly.

Compound it by the fact that the East is weak - I want to fight/contend as long as possible even if it means bending over for GS in the finals. :shrug:

If it's for Bledsoe Melo and Tyson you all got better.

RCarlson85
07-21-2017, 07:35 PM
Dragic Whiteside and JRich or Winslow for Kyrie and Thompson.

Are you crazy?

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 07:36 PM

It's definitely an interesting day lol. I'm sure Cavs fans are all over the place.

At this point I just want to contend for as long as possible. I sincerely believe that LeBron is more likely to stay if he's playing beside Melo. And after watching Bron all year I seriously believe this dude might have some YEARS left playing at an elite level. Like, I think he might have 3 years left before he really declines significantly.

Compound it by the fact that the East is weak - I want to fight/contend as long as possible even if it means bending over for GS in the finals. :shrug:

eDush
07-21-2017, 07:37 PM

It's got to be a very interesting day to be a Cavs fan...Melo makes no sense whatsoever. I would approve the PG for Love offer but this is just asinine. He has way too much to drink and is only there due to this shocking news lol
:drunk:

eDush
07-21-2017, 07:38 PM

:hi5::cheers:

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2017, 07:41 PM
The real question is when does Lebron get traded now

TrueFan420
07-21-2017, 07:45 PM

He doesn't. He has a no trade clause. He plays out the year and walks to where he wants without having to gut his potential new team to meet contract values.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 07:45 PM

He has a no trade clause

Bartlee23
07-21-2017, 07:48 PM
The real question is when are the dates for " burning the jerseys " ????? LOL

Dade County
07-21-2017, 07:53 PM
Irving is most likely coming to Miami if this list is sure. I also see a combination of Trades happening where Miami brings in two players now.

Pat will get it done, if sure.

Winslow, Dragic (great contract), Tj & a filler. 2 team trade coming up.

Gibby23
07-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Irving is most likely coming to Miami if this list is sure. I also see a combination of Trades happening where Miami brings in two players now.

Pat will get it done, if sure.

Winslow, Dragic (great contract), Tj & a filler. 2 team trade coming up.

Lol. Nope. Nobody is taking TJ

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Not gonna lie. This may be a blessing in disguise for the Cavs. Said it all along, and it's unfortunate but nobody really wanted Love. Kyrie was the real piece the Cavs could trade and get a value. Couple points to make though.

1) Kyrie did intentionally screw the Cavs over by waiting this long. He would have easily been dealt for a Jimmy Butler or a Paul George but by waiting this out, he ensured he would not be going to Indy.

2) To those saying Melo wouldn't want the Cavs with Kyrie, I personally think Cleveland becomes more attractive for Melo without Kyrie. Melo is now the bonafide #2 option, and when Cleveland needs a basket in a big situation, they are going to Melo.

3) The Cavs need all the weapons they can get against GS. It's an arms race. If you can flip Kyrie for two really good players, it's a plus and a win. Reports are saying Melo and Bledsoe for Kyrie and fillers. For one, Bledsoe is a damn good player in his own right. 21/5/6 last season was his stat line, oh, and he plays defense which is a huge plus when facing off against GS. Adding Melo to the team and you are basically adding a Kyrie who's 6'8. All Melo does is score, but the same goes for Kyrie. Melo playing with Bron would be even deadlier than kyrie and Bron.

4) Derrick rose now makes more sense too.

Long story short, this may actually be a blessing in disguise for Cleveland. If you can add Derrick Rose/ Melo and Eric Bledsoe for Kyrie you take it.

Suns Nation‏
@SunsNationNBA
Follow
More
PHX, NYK, CLE have engaged in 3-team trade talks: Bledsoe/Chandler/Melo to CLE, Irving to NY, & Ntilikina/pick to PHX (via @Schultz_Report).

Chandler also helps with rim protection. Something TT stuggles with. The Cavs get a ton better with this deal and address all areas of weakness.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-21-2017, 07:55 PM
Lmao the Lebron Pillage and Plunder effect.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:57 PM
Are you crazy?

Kyrie is the best player on the trade and on a good contract. If you can get him without moving Whiteside then that's great but I don't see it.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 07:58 PM
Not gonna lie. This may be a blessing in disguise for the Cavs. Said it all along, and it's unfortunate but nobody really wanted Love. Kyrie was the real piece the Cavs could trade and get a value. Couple points to make though.

1) Kyrie did intentionally screw the Cavs over by waiting this long. He would have easily been dealt for a Jimmy Butler or a Paul George but by waiting this out, he ensured he would not be going to Indy.

2) To those saying Melo wouldn't want the Cavs with Kyrie, I personally think Cleveland becomes more attractive for Melo without Kyrie. Melo is now the bonafide #2 option, and when Cleveland needs a basket in a big situation, they are going to Melo.

3) The Cavs need all the weapons they can get against GS. It's an arms race. If you can flip Kyrie for two really good players, it's a plus and a win. Reports are saying Melo and Bledsoe for Kyrie and fillers. For one, Bledsoe is a damn good player in his own right. 21/5/6 last season was his stat line, oh, and he plays defense which is a huge plus when facing off against GS. Adding Melo to the team and you are basically adding a Kyrie who's 6'8. All Melo does is score, but the same goes for Kyrie. Melo playing with Bron would be even deadlier than kyrie and Bron.

Long story short, this may actually be a blessing in disguise for Cleveland. If you can add Derrick Rose/ Melo and Eric Bledsoe for Kyrie you take it.

Suns Nation‏
@SunsNationNBA
Follow
More
PHX, NYK, CLE have engaged in 3-team trade talks: Bledsoe/Chandler/Melo to CLE, Irving to NY, & Ntilikina/pick to PHX (via @Schultz_Report).

Chandler also helps with rim protection. Something TT stuggles with. The Cavs get a ton better with this deal and address all areas of weakness.

Kyrie told them before the draft he wanted to be traded to the Bulls to play with Jimmy

elledaddy
07-21-2017, 07:59 PM
Just when yall were thinking tank, nope.....KNICKS ARE BACK!!!!

elledaddy
07-21-2017, 08:08 PM
Ny - kyrie,shump,
clev-melo,chandler,
phx-love,oquinn

Nikeman
07-21-2017, 08:10 PM
Kyrie told them before the draft he wanted to be traded to the Bulls to play with Jimmy

Don't believe everything you read man. If this was the case, Kyrie would have been traded to the Suns with Paul Goerge and Bledsoe going back to Cleveland.

5ass
I'm glad to see he included the wolves. I hope LeBron is also considering going there. If I'm the wolves I consider trading Wiggins for LeBron..

Jroz
What's more hilarious about this situation... Lebron feeling blind sided and pissed about this news, or Miami heat fans that have been hibernating since Lebron left are now popping up all over the place. Kyrie is a Spur or a Knick, book it.

Bostonjorge
07-21-2017, 08:12 PM
Kyrie's new team vs the Cavs on Christmas

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 08:14 PM
What's more hilarious about this situation... Lebron feeling blind sided and pissed about this news, or Miami heat fans that have been hibernating since Lebron left are now popping up all over the place. Kyrie is a Spur or a Knick, book it.

Talk about popping up, you're a Knicks fan I've literally never seen before lmao!

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 08:15 PM
IF it's a team he requested it's the Heat or Knicks. They can trade him anywhere they want.

Dade County
07-21-2017, 08:16 PM
Lol. Nope. Nobody is taking TJ

People keep forgetting this but any contract can be moved. Also TJ is a very good player, fans might not recognize him but GM's and front offices do.

Spurs really don't have any pieces, T-wolves are not in a position right now to trade for him & the Knicks never seem to do anything right lol

So this is why i favor Miami.

Balltime
07-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Good for Kyrie. Lebron has left 2 franchises in the dumpster when he bolted. Kyrie want's no part of it. I think it's a smart move on his behalf.

Jroz
07-21-2017, 08:20 PM
Talk about popping up, you're a Knicks fan I've literally never seen before lmao!

how many posts does it take to be qualified as a fan?..i need to spew nonsense every 10 minutes on the forums to be active?

One Nut Kruk
07-21-2017, 08:43 PM

But do you trust him?

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 08:46 PM
how many posts does it take to be qualified as a fan?..i need to spew nonsense every 10 minutes on the forums to be active?

No but you called Heat fans out for doing the exact same thing you did so I thought it was pretty funny.

redsox12
07-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Today was a crazy day. I love IT but i'd consider trading IT and Jaylen Brown to CLE for Kyrie. Kyrie would be the number 1 on the team which would make him happy and he can stick it to LeBron personally. We get two years at least of Irving and maybe can convince him to stay.

CLE can spin off Brown for Melo so it makes since for them, to get LeBron to stay in CLE, they have to bring in people he wants. Then they can spin off Love for Bledsoe and talk to Chris Paul in the offseason.

Vee-Rex
07-21-2017, 09:18 PM
But do you trust him?

With my life.

Confusious
07-21-2017, 09:24 PM
I could care less if LeBron leaves Cleveland. If Kyrie leaves, I riot.

IMO, probably because he knows LeBron is leaving next season and does not wish to stay in Cleveland.
He signed a 5 year deal in 2014 well before LeBron was ever coming back.

He wants to be the focal point of a team. In fact he wants to get away from LeBron.

So, while you can hold whatever opinion you want... you're ultimately wrong.

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 09:28 PM
No but you called Heat fans out for doing the exact same thing you did so I thought it was pretty funny.

Lol, he might not post a lot but I do see him in the Knicks forums often.

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 09:30 PM
The fact that Kyrie wants to come to NY, has my panties wet.

But with our luck, we would get him and his knee would blowout (God forbid).

Kyben36
07-21-2017, 09:31 PM
it feels good to see things not to LeBron way

Confusious
07-21-2017, 09:32 PM
it feels good to see things not to LeBron way
Just as it's good to see Chicago still suck.

Balltime
07-21-2017, 09:32 PM
Lebron is on the Ball train, it's Lonzosanity

eDush
07-21-2017, 09:37 PM

Suns Nation‏
@SunsNationNBA
Follow
More

Chandler also helps with rim protection. Something TT stuggles with. The Cavs get a ton better with this deal and address all areas of weakness.Whoever suggested that scenario doesn't know how the CBA works as the Cavs are way over the cap and can't take on all 3 of those salaries against Kyrie unless the Knicks is buying Melo out so he could sign for less but then why even involve the Knicks?!? Just signed Melo for part of the MLE and then trade Kyrie + that kid from Oakland for Dragic (better pg) and Whiteside plus picks. Now that is winning as the Heat also get that prolific scorer to contend :nod:

eDush
07-21-2017, 09:39 PM

But do you trust him?You're just upset that I didn't bandwagon to your team... :laugh:

eDush
07-21-2017, 09:40 PM
But do you trust him?

With my life.Ok now I know you're seriously :drunk:

Dade County
07-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Whoever suggested that scenario doesn't know how the CBA works as the Cavs are way over the cap and can't take on all 3 of those salaries against Kyrie unless the Knicks is buying Melo out so he could sign for less but then why even involve the Knicks?!? Just signed Melo for part of the MLE and then trade Kyrie + that kid from Oakland for Dragic (better pg) and Whiteside plus picks. Now that is winning as the Heat also get that prolific scorer to contend :nod:

Go to sleep... Miami isn't trading Whiteside for Irving.

It would be Dragic like you said, plus Winslow & Tj.

eDush
07-21-2017, 09:56 PM
Dragic Whiteside and JRich or Winslow for Kyrie and Thompson.I am liking this offer more and more from the Heat :clap:

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 10:00 PM
I could care less if LeBron leaves Cleveland. If Kyrie leaves, I riot.

He signed a 5 year deal in 2014 well before LeBron was ever coming back.

He wants to be the focal point of a team. In fact he wants to get away from LeBron.

So, while you can hold whatever opinion you want... you're ultimately wrong.

Things change. Why go to the Spurs - where he won't be the focal point? Why go to Minny? You think Butler is going to sit there and watch Irving play? Why go to Miami and play with Dion - who needs the ball as well? The beginnings of all this started when talks of LeBron wanting to leave began. You can say I'm ultimately wrong all you want but unless you're Kyrie, you are just as wrong as I am.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:23 PM
We'll give you Randle, Clarkson, Bryant, Deng and a 2020 unprotected pick for Lebron.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:24 PM
Cleveland should trade Lebron.

AllBall
07-21-2017, 10:33 PM
I am liking this offer more and more from the Heat :clap:

Don't see them moving Whiteside at all. What will get move around will be Dragic, TJ, Winslow, Bam plus filler in 3 team trade with picks. Unless this happens after Dec. 15, which opens up additional players.

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 10:37 PM
Don't see them moving Whiteside at all. What will get move around will be Dragic, TJ, Winslow, Bam plus filler in 3 team trade with picks. Unless this happens after Dec. 15, which opens up additional players.

Hard to imagine it carries into the season like that so I've just kind of eliminated that in my thoughts. It would open up a lot of things if they waited but the damage is done, you don't go in to training camp and the season with this lingering

eDush
07-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Cleveland should trade Lebron.Lebron has a no trade clause like Melo but you wouldn't know that cause ur head is still buried in Lonzo Ball perhaps :nod:

eDush
07-21-2017, 10:49 PM
I am liking this offer more and more from the Heat :clap:

Don't see them moving Whiteside at all. What will get move around will be Dragic, TJ, Winslow, Bam plus filler in 3 team trade with picks. Unless this happens after Dec. 15, which opens up additional players.If they also include Tristan and Felder as a solid backup, it may be enough to include Whiteside in the trade. The fillers should work itself out to make the salaries work :nod:

https://youtu.be/Rsu9vEqZ6hQ

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:51 PM
Lebron has a no trade clause like Melo but you wouldn't know that cause ur head is still buried in Lonzo Ball perhaps :nod:

Actually I did.... but nice cheap shot.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 10:56 PM
A few teams, I think can trade for Lebron.

PHI- trade Fultz or Embiid, Saric and whatever needed to make the salaries match.

Min- Package around Wiggins

LAL- Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Zu? 2020?

BOS- Tatum and whatever needed to maleness the salaries match

Just a few off the top of my head. Cleveland needs to please Kyrie here and move Lebron. You know he's going to leave and if he could land in any of those 4 options, I think he would waive his NTC.

LOb0
07-21-2017, 11:02 PM
A few teams, I think can trade for Lebron.

PHI- trade Fultz or Embiid, Saric and whatever needed to make the salaries match.

Min- Package around Wiggins

LAL- Deng, Clarkson, Randle, Zu? 2020?

BOS- Tatum and whatever needed to maleness the salaries match

Just a few off the top of my head. Cleveland needs to please Kyrie here and move Lebron. You know he's going to leave and if he could land in any of those 4 options, I think he would waive his NTC.

LeBron does not have a no trade clause for the record.

eDush
07-21-2017, 11:03 PM
Lebron has a no trade clause like Melo but you wouldn't know that cause ur head is still buried in Lonzo Ball perhaps :nod:

Actually I did.... but nice cheap shot.There wasn't any blows taken considering tons of your gushing posts over his SL play like he is the next MJ or Magic. Didn't you also say he is a bust right after his first SL game? :laugh:

It just goes to show you that SL are meaningless with no real reason to play defense to prevent any player from having a good game unless they sux or to avoid injuries. I hope this make sense...

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 11:09 PM
No actually didn't. I actually traveled to Las Vegas to watch them play their first few games, I was 10 rows back. Also, I have been Lonzo's biggest supporter, being an avid, LOYAL, UCLA fan.

So keep on taking your cheap shots, you're obviously upset with me but that's ok, when we grow up, we move on.

GREATNESS ONE
07-21-2017, 11:11 PM

Ah, thanks! I thought he did.

MrSplashMan
07-21-2017, 11:12 PM
The reality, though, is that only three players in the league possess an outright no-trade clause in their current contract ... half as many as last season.

In addition to Anthony, it's Cleveland's LeBron James and Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki. That's the list.
Stein

Yes Lebron does have one.

eDush
07-21-2017, 11:18 PM

Ah, thanks! I thought he did.He does have one...trust me on this :facepalm:

NYKnickFanatic
07-21-2017, 11:23 PM
He does have one...trust me on this :facepalm:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/in-rare-company-lebron-james-among-short-list-of-players-with-no-trade-clause/

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:25 PM

Yes, Lebron absolutely has a no trade clause. But I imagine that if they were going to consider it, they would approach Lebron and discuss places he might like to go to. A trade could work out best for Lebron, if he agreed.

LOb0
07-21-2017, 11:27 PM
The reality, though, is that only three players in the league possess an outright no-trade clause in their current contract ... half as many as last season.

In addition to Anthony, it's Cleveland's LeBron James and Dallas' Dirk Nowitzki. That's the list.
Stein

He's wrong.

LeBron does not have a no trade clause. David Griffin even said so. Also check every website with contract info. It lists all players that have one and LeBron doesn't.

AllBall
07-21-2017, 11:28 PM
He's wrong.

LeBron does not have a no trade clause. David Griffin even said so. Also check every website with contract info. It lists all players that have one and LeBron doesn't.

"James has a full no-trade clause, meaning he would have to agree to any deal"

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722388-will-dan-gilbert-remember-lesson-from-lebron-james-first-exit-from-cleveland

Stop trolling with misinformation.

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:29 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-contract-no-trade-clause-3-years-100-million-081516

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4937/the-2016-17-nba-all-no-trade-team

Dude, why the hell are you being so stubborn with this. Lebron absolutely has a no-trade clause. And it isn't that difficult to figure out.

eDush
07-21-2017, 11:31 PM

Stein

He's wrong.

LeBron does not have a no trade clause. David Griffin even said so.Oh you meant Hayward doesn't have one and ur welcome. So let's move on...

AllBall
07-21-2017, 11:32 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/cavaliers-trade-lebron-james-gm-says-doesnt-have-no-trade-clause-012716

lol this fool quoting a 2016 article

http://www.espn.com/blog/marc-stein/post/_/id/4937/the-2016-17-nba-all-no-trade-team

LOb0
07-21-2017, 11:32 PM
"James has a full no-trade clause, meaning he would have to agree to any deal"

Source: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2722388-will-dan-gilbert-remember-lesson-from-lebron-james-first-exit-from-cleveland

Stop trolling with misinformation.

Okay.

eDush
07-21-2017, 11:33 PM

Yes, Lebron absolutely has a no trade clause. But I imagine that if they were going to consider it, they would approach Lebron and discuss places he might like to go to. A trade could work out best for Lebron, if he agreed.Lets change the subject for once already!!!
:mad:

Balltime
07-21-2017, 11:34 PM
I would get rid of James and keep Kyrie if I were the Cavs.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:36 PM

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:37 PM
Yeah I checked the contract website a month ago because there were conflicting reports. It didn't show it. And others were saying no.

Now it does.

It doesn't matter what you checked. There are 100000's of sites that would tell you he had a NTC. You dug up an article from 2016 so it's probably just bad researching from you.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:38 PM
I would get rid of James and keep Kyrie if I were the Cavs.

They could but it'll be a horrible image for that franchise. One I think Gilbert won't commit to. Think about it, after that letter from 2011, he's now going to TRADE LeBron?

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:38 PM
No worries. I was shocked by the article you linked. Shocking that the Cavs GM wouldn't be aware. But then again with the Cavs anything is possible.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:39 PM
For those saying Kyrie doesn't want to play with leBron, LeBron has one year left on the contract. It's most likely Kyrie is trying to get out before it is too late. Dude doesn't want to play two seasons with Kevin Love and J.R. Smith...

LOb0
07-21-2017, 11:39 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/nba/story/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-contract-no-trade-clause-3-years-100-million-081516

Dude, why the hell are you being so stubborn with this. Lebron absolutely has a no-trade clause. And it isn't that difficult to figure out.

Yeah I checked the contract website a month ago because there were conflicting reports. It didn't show it. And others were saying no.

Now it does.

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:42 PM
They could but it'll be a horrible image for that franchise. One I think Gilbert won't commit to. Think about it, after that letter from 2011, he's now going to TRADE LeBron?
I think trading Lebron would be a better image than trading Kyrie and watching Lebron walk the next year. He would look like he was played the fool.
If he trades Lebron he could claim that he didn't want to lose him for nothing a second time, so he decided to go with you and a future and send Lebron away for picks, young assets, etc to build around. Cavs with Kyrie and picks and youth point to a promising future. Cavs with Lebron more than likely leaving in a year with massively large contracts is a scary future.

AllBall
07-21-2017, 11:45 PM
edit:wrong thread

mightybosstone
07-21-2017, 11:46 PM
As a Rockets fan does his make you nervous knowing Melo may go to Cleveland when you all were so close to getting him? That would be a tough break for you guys.

Lol. You seem scared about Houston not getting Melo. Every post you have in this thread has something to do with Melo not wanting Cleveland.
Of course I'm concerned. And I'll admit there's a little bit of that "keep denying and convince yourself that there's nothing to worry about" tactic going on. But it would admittedly be a bummer not to get the guy. Not that because I think the Rockets with Melo can beat the Warriors, but because I think it will be the most talented team they've compiled in over 20 years and I think it gives them a better chance to beat the Warriors than any other team in the NBA.

Why wouldn't he want to play with LeBron for a year and have a better chance of reaching the Finals than he would in Houston? If LeBron leaves, Melo can opt out and leave also.
He might have a better shot of reaching the Finals in Cleveland. But I don't think he'd have a better chance of beating the Warriors. That Cleveland team sans Irving with Melo is not better than this Rockets team sans Anderson and with Melo.

And there have been reports for weeks that Melo would prefer to go to Houston. I think that has more to do with his close relationship with Paul than it does the talent on the roster, but I do think both factors play a role.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:47 PM
I think trading Lebron would be a better image than trading Kyrie and watching Lebron walk the next year. He would look like he was played the fool.
If he trades Lebron he could claim that he didn't want to lose him for nothing a second time, so he decided to go with you and a future and send Lebron away for picks, young assets, etc to build around. Cavs with Kyrie and picks and youth point to a promising future. Cavs with Lebron more than likely leaving in a year with massively large contracts is a scary future.

For sure, as an owner, I think you have to trade valuable assets regardless of who they are if you know they are leaving next season. But people already hate Gilbert. LeBron would get zero negativity if it is Gilbert trying to find trades for LeBron whereas if he left Cleveland again, I'm sure there would be some backlash. Even a one year rental LeBron can draw a boatload of return.

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:49 PM
If I am Melo, I would go to Houston in a minute over Cleveland. Plus I don't think Cleveland would take only Melo for Kyrie and there isn't much else NY could trade to get Kyrie. They should not include KP in any deals regardless of what they are getting back.
I am just surprised that Melo isn't in Houston already. That deal should have been done by now.

LivinLakers
07-21-2017, 11:56 PM
So I have a (conspiracy) theory,,, What if Lebron went to Kyrie and encouraged him to ask for a trade? That would put the burden on Gilbert to make a choice. Move Lebron for less of a return but at least have a shot at saving your future. Or if they trade Kyrie that gives Lebron an out. Either way, Lebron can leave Cleveland and not be vilified a second time. He can blame it on Gilbert (Gilbert traded me) or Gilbert couldn't keep Kyrie.

Balltime
07-22-2017, 12:00 AM
I know Lebron brings in a lot of revenue. I think though the best basketball move would be to get rid of Lebron and keep Kyrie. In the end, if you win , the people will come and money will be made. Irving + young assets for Lebron, start making a transition to a different style of play and finding the right players to fit in. Might as well start now or have your club set back for extra years like Lebron did to the Cavs and Heat previously.

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 12:01 AM
So I have a (conspiracy) theory,,, What if Lebron went to Kyrie and encouraged him to ask for a trade? That would put the burden on Gilbert to make a choice. Move Lebron for less of a return but at least have a shot at saving your future. Or if they trade Kyrie that gives Lebron an out. Either way, Lebron can leave Cleveland and not be vilified a second time. He can blame it on Gilbert (Gilbert traded me) or Gilbert couldn't keep Kyrie.

I think LeBron definitely told Kyrie he's leaving. Remember when Jimmy B was interested in playing for Cleveland but then there were rumors that people were telling him not to come because some players were "noncommital"? Like, who do you think that was? Kyrie only wants to go to Minny to play with Jimmy B. It's pointing towards that these guys just don't want to be stuck in Cleveland if they know they can't win. And LeBron leaving really destroys any potential that Cleveland team may have since they are paying players an insane amount of money when they don't deserve it. Call me crazy but I think Kyrie prefers to play for San Antonio because guess what...? LeBron may very well come there in 2018.