PDA

View Full Version : Does size really matter?

OlivaThor
07-20-2017, 05:28 PM
I was playing 2k17 with updated rosters so every team would have the best players from its history. I had front court of Ben Wallace and D. Rodman. Both were short af but the best defenders and rebounders during their time. So does size really matter in the NBA?

Lakers + Giants
07-20-2017, 05:29 PM
Ben and Rodman were able to shut down even bigs. If you know how to use your size correctly size won't matter as much. Big Ben and Rodman were physical af.

Inb4 the dick jokes.

Nice sig, Im getting Bdubs later. So I'm starving.

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
It's not about the size of the boat, it's about the motion in the ocean.

Vee-Rex
07-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Where are those burgers from in your sig?

TrueFan420
07-20-2017, 05:55 PM
Draymond is another example of a small "BIG"

While knowing how to play and playing smart can get you far... if you face off against someone who knows how to do the same and is much bigger then it's not in your favor.

IndyRealist
07-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Those are two exceptions that prove the rule. Because after those two, who else is there? Dray? Lebron? That's about it. There aren't a dozen guys in the last 30 years that qualify.

Bostonjorge
07-20-2017, 06:06 PM
NBA needs more Rodman and Wallace type defenders

JAZZNC
07-20-2017, 06:26 PM
This is a ridiculous question. Of course it matters. If you have a choice of two players with very similar skill sets you would take the tallest/longest player. Very very simple concept.

GiantsSwaGG
07-20-2017, 07:05 PM
Never had a problem in that department

KingPosey
07-20-2017, 07:57 PM
It matters less in the current NBA but of course it matters. Like Rodman was a great defer, bu Shaq would destroy him. Or Green, he can guard forwards in todays, small ball NBA, but anyone that thinks hed be able to guard more traditional PFs CONSISTENLY is kidding themselves. Chris Webber's dong would be in Green's face for 40 minuets straight for example.

Of course it matters. Its why everyone wants the long wing players.

KingPosey
07-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Never had a problem in that department

Ya its usually not a prob for virgins.

BOOM. Nailed it. :burn:

jaydubb
07-20-2017, 08:06 PM
I was playing 2k17 with updated rosters so every team would have the best players from its history. I had front court of Ben Wallace and D. Rodman. Both were short af but the best defenders and rebounders during their time. So does size really matter in the NBA?
Your sig... :drool:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-20-2017, 08:38 PM
This is a ridiculous question. Of course it matters. If you have a choice of two players with very similar skill sets you would take the tallest/longest player. Very very simple concept.

Yes. IT is WAY undersized but his skill gets him 30ppg. Put those skills in a 7ft guy and you get an all time great.

Steve Kerr was asked who was better KD or Curry and he said KD because of his size. He said Curry may have better skills, but you can't teach size.

mavwar53
07-20-2017, 08:54 PM
It matters less in the current NBA but of course it matters. Like Rodman was a great defer, bu Shaq would destroy him. Or Green, he can guard forwards in todays, small ball NBA, but anyone that thinks hed be able to guard more traditional PFs CONSISTENLY is kidding themselves. Chris Webber's dong would be in Green's face for 40 minuets straight for example.

This is an in educated statement.

Chronz
07-20-2017, 11:01 PM

Then why didn't Shaq crush him tho?

Raps18-19 Champ
07-20-2017, 11:23 PM
Draymond has a small dick but he still looks good on the court so nah.

Scoots
07-20-2017, 11:31 PM
Then why didn't Shaq crush him tho?

Yeah, I remember Rodman really frustrating Shaq on a semi-regular basis at his peak.

LivinLakers
07-20-2017, 11:42 PM
Bill Russel is another great example. Dude owned Wilt and was much shorter than him. It is better to have size, but there are enough examples throughout history where shorter players have been just as successful.