PDA

View Full Version : OKC/League if KD didn't run.....

Pages : [1] 2

WaDe03
07-19-2017, 06:21 PM
I don't know why I didn't think of this until now but it just hit me. OKC could have still moved the same pieces for PG if Durant didn't run away. You're looking at the followain't:

Westbrook
PG
Roberson
Durant
Adams

That team would've been filthy but it wouldn't be the cheat code Golden State is today due to there being a level playing field. Not to mention KD wouldn't have tarnished his legacy with the softest move in sports history.

Whatever team Wade is on
Cavs
Warriors
Thunder
Rockets
Spurs
Celtics

Where would you rank that team in the league? Would you consider the league better (more leveled)?

COOLbeans
07-19-2017, 07:28 PM
Cry me a ****ing river bro :laugh2:

COOLbeans
07-19-2017, 07:29 PM
:cricket:

WaDe03
07-19-2017, 08:06 PM
Cry me a ****ing river bro :laugh2:

I understand you're going to defend KD as you're a Warriors fan (the only people that defend KD) but, it is what it is. You're going to see him hated on the rest of his career so you may as well get used to it.

I thought it was pretty interesting and would've left a nice amount of parity in the league.

WaDe03
07-19-2017, 08:06 PM
:cricket:

COOLbeans!

HandsOnTheWheel
07-19-2017, 08:25 PM
It's amusing how KD/GS fans just shrug off the fact that GS and KD single-handedly broke this league.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-19-2017, 08:31 PM
Never seen a more arrogant fan base. Laker fans were bad but at least their team played in a fair league.

COOLbeans
07-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Never seen a more arrogant fan base. Laker fans were bad but at least their team played in a fair league.

Calling a teams fan base that just won 2 out of 3 championships arrogant is a little short sighted don't you think?

COOLbeans
07-19-2017, 08:44 PM
I understand you're going to defend KD as you're a Warriors fan (the only people that defend KD) but, it is what it is. You're going to see him hated on the rest of his career so you may as well get used to it.

I thought it was pretty interesting and would've left a nice amount of parity in the league.

I love parity. I'm all for it. I actually liked to watch the the league more when the Warriors were underdogs. That was fun when guys competed above themselves. Unfortunately guys these days on other teams simply don't do that anymore. It's actually a sad thing to see how the other teams in the league have failed to get better organically and play like the Warriors did, and play the right way so they can also maybe obtain a player like KD one day and compete for championships.

There are so many guys that were highly touted college and AAU guys that have simply failed to get better and are cashing in while doing it

TrueFan420
07-19-2017, 08:57 PM

Fair like when the refs rigged the series vs the Kings in 2001 so the Lakers could get back to back?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-19-2017, 09:07 PM
Fair like when the refs rigged the series vs the Kings in 2001 so the Lakers could get back to back?

Kind of plays into my point though. Lakers could have easily lost in the WCF if it weren't for the refs. GS won't lose either way. See my point?

goingfor28
07-19-2017, 09:26 PM
If they still had KD I doubt PG would be there also

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

goingfor28
07-19-2017, 09:27 PM
Fair like when the refs rigged the series vs the Kings in 2001 so the Lakers could get back to back?That was awful. An absolute joke.

WaDe03
07-19-2017, 09:37 PM
I love parity. I'm all for it. I actually liked to watch the the league more when the Warriors were underdogs. That was fun when guys competed above themselves. Unfortunately guys these days on other teams simply don't do that anymore. It's actually a sad thing to see how the other teams in the league have failed to get better organically and play like the Warriors did, and play the right way so they can also maybe obtain a player like KD one day and compete for championships.

There are so many guys that were highly touted college and AAU guys that have simply failed to get better and are cashing in while doing it

I do think the parity will get a little better over the next couple years with guys teaming up trying to take you all down. It just sucks watching right now but I'm not going to stop just because of KDs move. The problem with guys teaming up though will be much worse teams at the bottom. I guess that's fine though as long as we get a good amount of teams who can realistically compete for titles.

WaDe03
07-19-2017, 09:38 PM

Why not? I don't feel him staying there would've had any effect on PG or that trade. I'm sure when PG became available, OKC would've definitely jumped on it again as it probabaly would've made them championship favorites.

nastynice
07-20-2017, 12:21 AM
It's amusing how KD/GS fans just shrug off the fact that GS and KD single-handedly broke this league.

Feels good. Gave em what they asked for. Beating the opposition wasn't enough, our bar was set to have to beat the other team AND the league. We achieved that bar

Yup, feels good :cool:

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2017, 12:59 AM
The Pacers would have traded George to the Warriors for Bogut, Thompson and the 38th pick.

mrblisterdundee
07-20-2017, 01:11 AM
Feels good. Gave em what they asked for. Beating the opposition wasn't enough, our bar was set to have to beat the other team AND the league. We achieved that bar
Yup, feels good :cool:
... feels good to be the most pansy championship team ever. And eat the league? Here's the team if they're playing "the league":

PG: Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas
SG: James Harden, Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Gordon Hayward
PF: LeBron James, Kevin Love, Karl-Anthony Towns
C: Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gobert

nastynice
07-20-2017, 02:00 AM
lol, "the league" meaning whoever decided to suspend green, trying prolong the series or whatever

16-1 sound pretty pansy to me. Hopefully we can be even pansier next year

basch152
07-20-2017, 02:48 AM
... feels good to be the most pansy championship team ever. And eat the league? Here's the team if they're playing "the league":

PG: Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Isaiah Thomas
SG: James Harden, Jimmy Butler, Bradley Beal
SF: Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, Gordon Hayward
PF: LeBron James, Kevin Love, Karl-Anthony Towns
C: Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, Rudy Gobert

How is it a pansy championship by the warriors?

They drafted extremely well causing them to have great players for low pay, and got only 2 of their starters in free agency/trades.

If anything that's just amazing management and scouting.

What other contenders right now have 3 starters that were drafted by the team?

The Cavs if you count lebron even though he left and came back?

hugepatsfan
07-20-2017, 10:20 AM
A lot of places KD could have gone to make the league better and more interesting for fans. But it just wasn't in the cards. He just wants to win. It doesn't matter to him whether or not his team actually needs him to do it. It's his right and we might as well all just get over it. We can play these mental games of how great the league could have been forever. Hopefully some team(s) find lightening in a bottle and make it a good league for us.

hugepatsfan
07-20-2017, 10:25 AM
How is it a pansy championship by the warriors?

They drafted extremely well causing them to have great players for low pay, and got only 2 of their starters in free agency/trades.

If anything that's just amazing management and scouting.

What other contenders right now have 3 starters that were drafted by the team?

The Cavs if you count lebron even though he left and came back?

It's not a pansy championship for GS at all. It's a pansy championship for KD because GS didn't need him. They won in 14-15. They won 73 games in 15-16 and had a 3-1 series lead that they barely lost because they choked and the arguable GOAT balled out of his ****ing mind unlike anything even he's done before. So with or without KD, they were the best team in the NBA and the odd-on favorites. There was the slight shot that someone could upset them in improbably fashion like CLE did before KD but now that he's there. So it's a pansy move that KD would relegate himself to that type of impact - making it so a team already the clear cut favorite to win is even more clear-cut - rather than him actually being the difference of if a team has a shot to win or not. That's the criticism of KD the INDIVIDUAL. No one has any criticism for the Warriors franchise.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 10:41 AM
The Thunder wouldn't have George

The championship wouldn't be a forgone conclusion for the next 2 years

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 10:42 AM
It's not a pansy championship for GS at all. It's a pansy championship for KD because GS didn't need him. They won in 14-15. They won 73 games in 15-16 and had a 3-1 series lead that they barely lost because they choked and the arguable GOAT balled out of his ****ing mind unlike anything even he's done before. So with or without KD, they were the best team in the NBA and the odd-on favorites. There was the slight shot that someone could upset them in improbably fashion like CLE did before KD but now that he's there. So it's a pansy move that KD would relegate himself to that type of impact - making it so a team already the clear cut favorite to win is even more clear-cut - rather than him actually being the difference of if a team has a shot to win or not. That's the criticism of KD the INDIVIDUAL. No one has any criticism for the Warriors franchise.

bingo

I actually like many of GS's players, and didn't mind them winning prior. The only reason I don't want them winning now is because of KD. I don't root for *******

hugepatsfan
07-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Why not? I don't feel him staying there would've had any effect on PG or that trade. I'm sure when PG became available, OKC would've definitely jumped on it again as it probabaly would've made them championship favorites.

It seemed like their was some resentment on IND's end based on their talks with BOS and CLE seemingly leading to better returns. An attitude of "you're not building a Finals team on the back of OUR misfortune". If Durant was still in OKC they'd be in that scenario and I bet IND would have taken an offer from someone else. Just the vibe I got from the packages they supposedly turned down compared to what they got.

Pierzynski4Prez
07-20-2017, 10:58 AM
Love how the OP has to throw Wade into the mix, like where Wade goes will shake up the landscape of the NBA.

lamzoka
07-20-2017, 11:31 AM
I can't believe Heat fans are complaining about "lack of parity". Your team started all this super team bs.
All of that being said i would've love to see that Miami team with bron, wade, bosh, ray allen and the rest of them boys against this GS team.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 11:44 AM
I can't believe Heat fans are complaining about "lack of parity". Your team started all this super team bs.
All of that being said i would've love to see that Miami team with bron, wade, bosh, ray allen and the rest of them boys against this GS team.

The Heat team was nowhere near the talent level of GS. Hell, GS prior to Durant could have beaten the Heat in any given series.

Hawkeye15
07-20-2017, 11:44 AM
Love how the OP has to throw Wade into the mix, like where Wade goes will shake up the landscape of the NBA.

game changer

Hangin n Wangin
07-20-2017, 12:05 PM
Better question. Where would the league be if Lebron didn't start all of this bull ****?

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 12:17 PM

That wasn't the start of super teams lmao. I see this everywhere, go do your research.

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 12:18 PM

He would win the championship every year if he wanted to, that's why I mentioned it.

SteBO
07-20-2017, 12:29 PM
The Heat team was nowhere near the talent level of GS. Hell, GS prior to Durant could have beaten the Heat in any given series.
I'll tell ya flatly. GS minus Durant would've beaten us....not easily but the inevitably. They got the youth, the shooting to at the very least match the Heat, and the speed defensively to make it hard.

And I'm starting to think people are willfully being ignorant of the fact LBJ isn't the fire starter of anything. Only difference now is that the players set the terms.

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 12:36 PM
Warriors without Durant aren't beating 2012 or 2013 Heat. If LeBron doesnt choke they don't beat 2011 Heat either.

SteBO
07-20-2017, 12:48 PM
Warriors took small-ball to the extreme....like I said, it wouldn't be easy and with a break here and there, maybe they pull it off. But I honestly don't see it. Fun hypothetical though.....

nastynice
07-20-2017, 01:08 PM
Warriors without Durant aren't beating 2012 or 2013 Heat. If LeBron doesnt choke they don't beat 2011 Heat either.

Well if you're gonna take kd off the Warriors then doesn't it make sense to take lebron off those heat? This Warriors team would absolutely **** on that heat team

I'm not gonna lie, it is funny as **** to hear all this crying and whining coming from a heat fan, lmao!! Were you this outraged when lebron and bosh came over and started singing and dancing about how they gonna win 8 rings? Or were you counting along with them? lol

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 01:21 PM
Well if you're gonna take kd off the Warriors then doesn't it make sense to take lebron off those heat? This Warriors team would absolutely **** on that heat team

I'm not gonna lie, it is funny as **** to hear all this crying and whining coming from a heat fan, lmao!! Were you this outraged when lebron and bosh came over and started singing and dancing about how they gonna win 8 rings? Or were you counting along with them? lol

I was replying to someone who mentioned the Warriors without KD. Stop comparing KDs move to LeBrons it's nowhere near the same, you all just tell yourselves that to try and make yourself feel better and defend KD. FOH!!!!

mngopher35
07-20-2017, 01:27 PM
That post was great because he was insulted that people would compare Miami to gs without Durant saying if you also removed lebron it wouldn't be close.

Then he tries to relate the situations as similar to compare lebron/bosh/heat despite already saying the teams each joined were not close (and one would get destroyed). Gotta love these threads.

nastynice
07-20-2017, 01:41 PM
I was replying to someone who mentioned the Warriors without KD. Stop comparing KDs move to LeBrons it's nowhere near the same, you all just tell yourselves that to try and make yourself feel better and defend KD. FOH!!!!

Haha, see, that's what makes it funny :)

Jeffy25
07-20-2017, 01:52 PM

My thoughts as well.

But they may have gone for somebody with those pieces (Butler?), possibly a big even.

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 02:09 PM
That post was great because he was insulted that people would compare Miami to gs without Durant saying if you also removed lebron it wouldn't be close.

Then he tries to relate the situations as similar to compare lebron/bosh/heat despite already saying the teams each joined were not close (and one would get destroyed). Gotta love these threads.

Lol good catch, he tried to defend KD and actually ended up ******** on him.

tredigs
07-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Gonna be a looong next few years for you ladies.

Thank God the American Revolutionaries did not have the same mind set of the average PSD kid. We'd still be paying in pounds.

Vee-Rex
07-20-2017, 02:59 PM
If KD has stayed, the question is:

Would the Thunder have done the Ibaka/Oladipo trade? I'm not so sure, since IMO they seemed to be trying hard to get Russ a running mate by acquiring Dipo.

Not to mention they likely don't draft Sabonis. So I don't see a chance for them to acquire Paul George if KD stayed.

nastynice
07-20-2017, 03:18 PM

I wasn't insulted by anything, I was pointing out how stupid it is to remove the best player from the opposing team and then start beating your chest about how you could whoop that team without their best player.

Well no ****in ****, haha, take Jordan off the bulls, Shaq off the lakers, Duncan off the Spurs, lebron off the heat, then no **** other great teams would beat them.

Your post is great cuz you're so used to nut huggers and haters that you can't take a neutral comment as neutral because that genre apparently no longer exists in this forum...

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 03:20 PM
If KD has stayed, the question is:

Would the Thunder have done the Ibaka/Oladipo trade? I'm not so sure, since IMO they seemed to be trying hard to get Russ a running mate by acquiring Dipo.

Not to mention they likely don't draft Sabonis. So I don't see a chance for them to acquire Paul George if KD stayed.

Didn't they make that trade before KD left?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-20-2017, 03:37 PM
Lol. GS still getting compared to the big 3 Heat.

Relating to the thread, I could see OKC going for someone like Cousins instead of George to pair with Durant and Westbrook, then signing Rudy Gay and Tony Allen/Jonathan Simmons

Westbrook
Tony Allen/Simmons
Rudy Gay
Durant
Cousins

Could certainly give the Durantless Warriors a run for their money hypothetically

mngopher35
07-20-2017, 03:54 PM
I wasn't insulted by anything, I was pointing out how stupid it is to remove the best player from the opposing team and then start beating your chest about how you could whoop that team without their best player.

Well no ****in ****, haha, take Jordan off the bulls, Shaq off the lakers, Duncan off the Spurs, lebron off the heat, then no **** other great teams would beat them.

Your post is great cuz you're so used to nut huggers and haters that you can't take a neutral comment as neutral because that genre apparently no longer exists in this forum...

Lol people were saying Miami and GS situations were clearly different and then briefly discussed how essentially the team Durant joined was similar to Miami before he even got there (aka GS was already a super team and this is why the GS without Durant thing came up). Someone disagreed they would beat that Heat team without Durant in response which is what you quoted.

However the initial point of them being clearly far different moves is exactly what you were saying by pointing out without Lebron the GS trio crushes that miami team. This is what everyone has been saying when people mention Lebron to defend KD lol, we all should know these were clearly different situations. Then after making it clear they were different you relate the heat to current GS anyways at the end as if it's the same when it suits you. They just aren't close to the same situations like your first paragraph pointed out so just stop using them as justification for whatever.

you guys have just become comical

Chronz
07-20-2017, 04:01 PM
Honestly, can ANYONE even imagine a world where KD grows a pair? LOL, its a great thought OP but yeah it was never in the cards, he was destined to ***** out and screw the NBA.

hugepatsfan
07-20-2017, 04:09 PM
Gonna be a looong next few years for you ladies.

Thank God the American Revolutionaries did not have the same mind set of the average PSD kid. We'd still be paying in pounds.

Of course, because competitive basketball (well, "competitive" to players other than KD) and the American Revolution are pretty much one in the same...

Vee-Rex
07-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Didn't they make that trade before KD left?

Yeah, you're right.

Whoops, my bad.

nastynice
07-20-2017, 04:38 PM
Lol people were saying Miami and GS situations were clearly different and then briefly discussed how essentially the team Durant joined was similar to Miami before he even got there (aka GS was already a super team and this is why the GS without Durant thing came up). Someone disagreed they would beat that Heat team without Durant in response which is what you quoted.

However the initial point of them being clearly far different moves is exactly what you were saying by pointing out without Lebron the GS trio crushes that miami team. This is what everyone has been saying when people mention Lebron to defend KD lol, we all should know these were clearly different situations. Then after making it clear they were different you relate the heat to current GS anyways at the end as if it's the same when it suits you. They just aren't close to the same situations like your first paragraph pointed out so just stop using them as justification for whatever.

Actually what's comical is the amount of left field **** you try and put in my mouth. He made a comment that the heat would beat the Warriors without Durant, to which I replied by making the point that you can take the best player off any team and of course they will be much more vulnerable. That's like me sitting here acting all happy that we woulda beat Cleveland in 2016 without lebron. Haha, like no **** we'd beat them

Your post is a perfect example of the comedy. Like where am I comparing their moves?? I have in other threads and posts before, but where am I talking about that stuff here? Like you talking bout a whole diff topic, lol

mngopher35
07-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Actually what's comical is the amount of left field **** you try and put in my mouth. He made a comment that the heat would beat the Warriors without Durant, to which I replied by making the point that you can take the best player off any team and of course they will be much more vulnerable. That's like me sitting here acting all happy that we woulda beat Cleveland in 2016 without lebron. Haha, like no **** we'd beat them

Your post is a perfect example of the comedy. Like where am I comparing their moves?? I have in other threads and posts before, but where am I talking about that stuff here? Like you talking bout a whole diff topic, lol

Lol reread the thread and what his post was responding to. It is exactly what I pointed out, the post right above his quoting hawk is what brought up the without Durant thing. The point was to show they were clearly different situations in response to a couple earlier posters and was the point of saying look at them without Durant, they were already like Miami at that point etc. You seemed to be totally fine with that idea saying this warriors team ***** on that heat team (because exactly like has been said they were a superteam pre-durant, coimparable to Miami).

I am simply following the thread, this isn't come crazy new topic if you had been paying attention. I literally even told you what they had been saying in my last post to clear it up if you hadn't been paying attention.

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 05:34 PM
How is this still going over Nastynice's head lol?

WaDe03
07-20-2017, 05:52 PM

This is a great post.

Saddletramp
07-20-2017, 08:08 PM
Of course, because competitive basketball (well, "competitive" to players other than KD) and the American Revolution are pretty much one in the same...

To Tre it is. A team he's followed for (probably) his whole life got sold to a billionaire with an ego a few years before a cap spike hit in the exact year the biggest pussyass in sports history was a free agent.

This is his wet dream come true. Let him enjoy it with one salty retort after another (and we know how it gets salty).

tredigs
07-20-2017, 08:22 PM

Oh God I would never undermine your guys' tears/hardship/plight and presume the two are on equal footing. KDs decision was clearly WAY more significant as far as I can tell.

tredigs
07-20-2017, 09:19 PM
To Tre it is. A team he's followed for (probably) his whole life got sold to a billionaire with an ego a few years before a cap spike hit in the exact year the biggest pussyass in sports history was a free agent.

This is his wet dream come true. Let him enjoy it with one salty retort after another (and we know how it gets salty).
Lmfao oh trust me, you guys provide enough salt to make the Dead Sea blush.

nastynice
07-21-2017, 02:32 AM
Lol reread the thread and what his post was responding to. It is exactly what I pointed out, the post right above his quoting hawk is what brought up the without Durant thing. The point was to show they were clearly different situations in response to a couple earlier posters and was the point of saying look at them without Durant, they were already like Miami at that point etc. You seemed to be totally fine with that idea saying this warriors team ***** on that heat team (because exactly like has been said they were a superteam pre-durant, coimparable to Miami).

I am simply following the thread, this isn't come crazy new topic if you had been paying attention. I literally even told you what they had been saying in my last post to clear it up if you hadn't been paying attention.

That's great, I never said anything about the situation being similar or different, I replied to how dumb it is to take the best player off a team and then compare them.

As far as the situations being the same or diff, regardless where you stand on it, lebron paved the way for kd. It's just what's happening now, and will continue. Paul George and Chris Paul gonna both have same approach next summer. Situation can be same or diff, either way, it's lebrons blueprint that kd followed, and more players will keep following suit. Not that it makes a diff, I don't see how either argument is for or against either

**If anything I feel bad for lebron, because he was in such a ****** organization his first go in Cleveland, he started this mentality of putting it in the players hands to get stars to group together, and it looks like his own formula could possibly the biggest black mark of his resume, as he may have contributed in creating something unstoppable that he may never be able to overcome. Not to mention the role his game 4 temper tantrum in the 2016 finals played in this whole thing, lmao, that is some sweet revenge right there, won't lie. The irony is legit heavy as **** in this whole situation

mngopher35
07-21-2017, 02:43 AM
That's great, I never said anything about the situation being similar or different, I replied to how dumb it is to take the best player off a team and then compare them.

As far as the situations being the same or diff, regardless where you stand on it, lebron paved the way for kd. It's just what's happening now, and will continue. Paul George and Chris Paul gonna both have same approach next summer. Situation can be same or diff, either way, it's lebrons blueprint that kd followed, and more players will keep following suit. Not that it makes a diff, I don't see how either argument is for or against either

Which he was doing based on their conversation lol like I said. It still doesn't change how funny your post was to see both sides when it suited you.

What Durant did is his to own and not Lebrons but I get why you guys always wanna deflect onto him. He is the one that jumped to the favorite to win without him, not Lebron. Lebron certainly has his questions too for his legacy but again these situations were much different as everyone has pointed out at this point so it's irrelevant to the Durant discussion in the end.

nastynice
07-21-2017, 03:04 AM
Which he was doing based on their conversation lol like I said. It still doesn't change how funny your post was to see both sides when it suited you.

What Durant did is his to own and not Lebrons but I get why you guys always wanna deflect onto him. He is the one that jumped to the favorite to win without him, not Lebron. Lebron certainly has his questions too for his legacy but again these situations were much different as everyone has pointed out at this point so it's irrelevant to the Durant discussion in the end.

There's no side of mine to suit. It just is what it is, as described in my last post. Doesn't make anything pro or anti lebron or kd.

eDush
07-21-2017, 10:15 AM

you guys have just become comicalTotally :nod:

WaDe03
07-21-2017, 10:18 AM
There's no side of mine to suit. It just is what it is, as described in my last post. Doesn't make anything pro or anti lebron or kd.

So if someone told you, "KD isn't improving his legacy because he made the biggest ***** move in sports history" you wouldn't reply with "LeBron did it first"? I know for a fact you would because you already have. Thankfully you finally admitted that the moves are completely different based on the talent of the teams they join, you just didn't mean to admit it.

nastynice
07-21-2017, 02:53 PM
So if someone told you, "KD isn't improving his legacy because he made the biggest ***** move in sports history" you wouldn't reply with "LeBron did it first"? I know for a fact you would because you already have. Thankfully you finally admitted that the moves are completely different based on the talent of the teams they join, you just didn't mean to admit it.

If a random third party said that, then no, I wouldn't mention lebron. But, as we see on psd, it's usually lebron fans who are hating on the kd decision, so of course I'm a laugh at that ****, you're getting mad at another player for doing what your favorite player did, just better. Or is their a particular cut off? Two mvp players together is ok? What about with a third fringe MVP? A fourth? Of course I'm a laugh at a lebron fan being mad at kd, the irony is ****in hilarious

Obviously the moves are different in some ways. They're also obviously the same in some ways. KD joined a better team. Lebron joined higher top end talent. Apparently, the team formula is the better formula. I'm sure lebron will be aware of that next summer

If lebron joined the Spurs and Warriors fans started crying like little babies, the way you guys did when kd came to gs, you wouldn't point out the irony of a warriors fan being bothered by lebron joining a great team? It wouldn't make someone anti kd, it would just be funny to point out the blatant irony

Saddletramp
07-21-2017, 04:35 PM
^^^^You keep saying stuff that just isn't true. For example: the Heat had "Higher top end talent"? You keep exposing yourself and people are laughing at you. And you deserve it.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 04:43 PM
The sad part is LeBron going to the Spurs still wouldn't make them the favorites.. Curry+KD are just as good as LeBron+Kawhi, maybe a slight edge to LeBron+Kawhi since they are just bigger and stronger. But who makes up for Klay+Green? Face it, KD made a ***** move. If KD didn't join the Warriors, the NBA landscape today would be insane. Look at how many competitors there would be:

Spurs
Rockets
OKC
Warriors
Cavs
Boston
Minny

Instead, we get a crapshow of NBA teams fighting to be the 2nd best team.. The next best team (Cavs) haven't made any improvements while the Warriors got better. I'm sorry but the simple fact that more people found the NBA offseason more exciting than the entire NBA season is proof that KD eliminated any relevant discussions when it comes to competition.

Scoots
07-21-2017, 05:33 PM

I wouldn't reply LeBron did it first (he wasn't first), I'd just say that I don't expect anybody I watch on TV to take my feelings into account before making a decision for their lives.

eDush
07-21-2017, 09:47 PM
^^^^You keep saying stuff that just isn't true. For example: the Heat had "Higher top end talent"? You keep exposing yourself and people are laughing at you. And you deserve it.Is that why you didn't bubble his post so he can change what he said and then deny it :laugh2:

nastynice
07-21-2017, 09:52 PM
^^^^You keep saying stuff that just isn't true. For example: the Heat had "Higher top end talent"? You keep exposing yourself and people are laughing at you. And you deserve it.

Let's play a game, I'll put pairs of names down, you tell me which way the arrow should point

Lebron Durant
Curry Wade
Bosh Green

go! :)

Saddletramp
07-21-2017, 11:06 PM
Let's play a game, I'll put pairs of names down, you tell me which way the arrow should point

Lebron Durant
Curry Wade
Bosh Green

go! :)

>
>
<

Steph was just the unanimous MVP the year before and if it weren't for Kawhi, Green would be the DPOY every year. The only one where the Heat was better was with Lebron over KD but we're talking who they joined, not who they were.

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:42 PM
>
>
<

Steph was just the unanimous MVP the year before and if it weren't for Kawhi, Green would be the DPOY every year. The only one where the Heat was better was with Lebron over KD but we're talking who they joined, not who they were.

I'm amazed people still think Wade 2012-2014 was some sort of MVP caliber player or something. Curry may very well be a 3x MVP right now if not for KD joining the Warriors. Gobert is an absolute defensive machine and Green is still a better defender than him. Klay is the best shooter not named Curry. I don't see a competition at all. LeBron+Klay+Green is actually better than LeBron+Wade+Bosh.. now add Curry in there? Give me a break.

Chronz
07-21-2017, 11:50 PM
If a random third party said that, then no, I wouldn't mention lebron. But, as we see on psd, it's usually lebron fans who are hating on the kd decision, so of course I'm a laugh at that ****, you're getting mad at another player for doing what your favorite player did, just better. Or is their a particular cut off? Two mvp players together is ok? What about with a third fringe MVP? A fourth? Of course I'm a laugh at a lebron fan being mad at kd, the irony is ****in hilarious

Obviously the moves are different in some ways. They're also obviously the same in some ways. KD joined a better team. Lebron joined higher top end talent. Apparently, the team formula is the better formula. I'm sure lebron will be aware of that next summer

If lebron joined the Spurs and Warriors fans started crying like little babies, the way you guys did when kd came to gs, you wouldn't point out the irony of a warriors fan being bothered by lebron joining a great team? It wouldn't make someone anti kd, it would just be funny to point out the blatant irony
LMFAO

If there were a particular cut off, you'd think someone would assume a record breaking already champion without you and would be favored if you never existed would at least start the line drawing

FlashBolt
07-21-2017, 11:53 PM
No one even cares that KD won. can you recall a superstar of such caliber ever having such an underwhelming championship? Like, literally, no one cared the day after he won. Everyone was already waiting for the inevitable result of them winning when he signed.. that's how lame his decision was.

Chronz
07-22-2017, 12:58 AM
>
>
<

Dead on brother, word for word what I was thinking as I read his post. Its amazing how he didn't catch the whole KD and Bron thing. These guys are in full on denial at this point

Chronz
07-22-2017, 01:00 AM
No one even cares that KD won. can you recall a superstar of such caliber ever having such an underwhelming championship? Like, literally, no one cared the day after he won. Everyone was already waiting for the inevitable result of them winning when he signed.. that's how lame his decision was.

I havent seen that (I shut the haters up) commercial since the minute he won, have you?

Its like, NO ****ING **** YOU WON YOU DUMB MOTHER ****ER. Wake me up when hes a champion

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 04:02 AM
I havent seen that (I shut the haters up) commercial since the minute he won, have you?

Its like, NO ****ING **** YOU WON YOU DUMB MOTHER ****ER. Wake me up when hes a champion

Lmfao, they showed it for like ten hours then since no one reacted to it (because it's a joke of a championship), they stopped airing it. Compare that to when LeBron won his first ring.. Not even close. This ring is underwhelming as hell. Like, it's so lame that rings have become meaningless right now. What's the point? Everyone is fighting for 2nd place.

nastynice
07-22-2017, 04:42 AM
>
>
<

haha, green isn't better than bosh, wtf!!

So yea, anyway, the top end talent better, because the smallest gap between all those arrows (sry bro, bosh was better. Green may be the better fit for the team he's on, but just overall player vs player, bosh was a diff level) is the one between curry and wade. There's no possible way to look at both sets of 3 players and say that gs has the overall higher talent. Better fit? sure. Overall talent? na

nastynice
07-22-2017, 04:45 AM
LMFAO

If there were a particular cut off, you'd think someone would assume a record breaking already champion without you and would be favored if you never existed would at least start the line drawing

That's fine, I got not issue with that. But again, remember, its the irony that makes me laugh, and its ironic that THIS is the line drawing, whereas 3 top 10 (at worst top 15) players poised to get 8 chips in a row is all kosher.

We just beat them at their game. There's nothing else to it :)

nastynice
07-22-2017, 04:47 AM

Yup, changed the entire landscape of how the league is now operating and building teams.

SUPER under the radar :rolleyes:

translation: apparently EVERYONE cares :nod:

Saddletramp
07-22-2017, 06:21 AM

So yea, anyway, the top end talent better, because the smallest gap between all those arrows (sry bro, bosh was better. Green may be the better fit for the team he's on, but just overall player vs player, bosh was a diff level) is the one between curry and wade. There's no possible way to look at both sets of 3 players and say that gs has the overall higher talent. Better fit? sure. Overall talent? na

And we're talking about the teams that LBJ/KD joined, not where you'd draft them or if they'd fit in better elsewhere. Green doing his thing in GS is better than Bosh doing his thing anywhere. Get your head out of your ***.

Better yet, quit posting. You look like a fool.

eDush
07-22-2017, 09:33 AM

And we're talking about the teams that LBJ/KD joined, not where you'd draft them or if they'd fit in better elsewhere. Green doing his thing in GS is better than Bosh doing his thing anywhere. Get your head out of your ***.

Better yet, quit posting. You look like a fool.I have a lot of respect for Bosh when he sacrifice his game for Lebron to win. It tells me he is a winner and a true professional of the game. If we are talking about leading, I don't know but doubt Green could have lead the Raptors as well as Bosh did before forming the Big 3 in Miami :nod:

Anyone who doubt that is a fool....

FlashBolt
07-22-2017, 10:26 AM
So we're talking about an individual player skillset now? By that logic, Green isn't even the 50th best player in the NBA. You can't pick-and-choose how you want to evaluate an NBA player. Draymond Green's role is perfect for the Warriors while Bosh's wasn't. It was absolutely poor planning on that type of Big Three since they had such an overlapse of abilities but at the end of the day, Bosh was not the fit Draymond Green is on a championship team. Take that into consideration. This isn't an NBA 1-on-1 contest. And someone said Bosh was leading the Raptors.. dude, stop. They won like one playoff game his entire seven year career there. Some of you just have no idea what you're talking about.

WaDe03
07-22-2017, 10:55 AM
NastyNice told me Curry was a better player than peak Curry and literally laughed that someone could possibly think Wade is better. 2011 Wade is better than Curry too but now he's trying to say Wade, past is prime and playing on one leg in 2013 and 2014 is better than Curry so it fits his argument! You can't make this **** up!

ChiSox219
07-22-2017, 11:29 AM
I get why people kill KD for making this move, jumping to a team that just beat you is not a good look. Being a top 2 player and going to one of the most dominant teams, also not a good look. I grew up on Jordan. I was proud of DRose sayin he aint gonna recruit another man. Im all about that competitive spirit.

But thats not why KD did it. He "ran" from Westbrook who, as talented as he is, is just not a guy you would want to play pickup with, let alone your entire career. The style of play in GS was so appealing, even if they hadnt been as successful, that freewheeling ball movement is extremely appealing to guys that play the right way. And Bay Area vs OKC? No brainer from just about every aspect of quality of life.

And as fans we finally got to see KD play the kind of basketball we only got to see a glimspe of when Westbrook was injured. Can't wait to see more

nastynice
07-22-2017, 11:36 AM
NastyNice told me Curry was a better player than peak Curry and literally laughed that someone could possibly think Wade is better. 2011 Wade is better than Curry too but now he's trying to say Wade, past is prime and playing on one leg in 2013 and 2014 is better than Curry so it fits his argument! You can't make this **** up!

Haha, I said curry is better than Wade. Reread my post, lol

nastynice
07-22-2017, 11:40 AM
So we're talking about an individual player skillset now? By that logic, Green isn't even the 50th best player in the NBA. You can't pick-and-choose how you want to evaluate an NBA player. Draymond Green's role is perfect for the Warriors while Bosh's wasn't. It was absolutely poor planning on that type of Big Three since they had such an overlapse of abilities but at the end of the day, Bosh was not the fit Draymond Green is on a championship team. Take that into consideration. This isn't an NBA 1-on-1 contest. And someone said Bosh was leading the Raptors.. dude, stop. They won like one playoff game his entire seven year career there. Some of you just have no idea what you're talking about.

Of course you can pick and choose, we do it all the time. Even lebron and kd, we can pick and choose how to evaluate their move. Who went to a better team? Kd. Who joined higher elite/borderline elite talent? Lebron.

Now if you want to say it's not about the talent, it's about the team, well that's fine friend but understand by doing that you are picking and choosing.

What I picked and chose in lebrons favor was top end talent. What I could pick and choose in kd favor is depth and system.

By you saying to ignore raw talent and just focus on how they fit a team, you are picking. AND choosing

nastynice
07-22-2017, 11:42 AM

Better yet, quit posting. You look like a fool.

And we're talking raw talent, not who fits what system better

Get your head out of your ***

Chronz
07-22-2017, 11:52 AM
You can't make this **** up!
Ive seen some **** over the years

mngopher35
07-22-2017, 02:09 PM

Lol look at the posts since this one even, you are clearly one sided on this.

We all know GS was far better like you initially stated, you just like to play both sides (we would crush them, oh no Durant didn't join that much talent really...). I get why but it is just comical at this point is all I was saying.

Saddletramp
07-22-2017, 02:24 PM
And we're talking raw talent, not who fits what system better

Get your head out of your ***

No, we were talking about Lebron and Durant joining what they joined, not just depth, raw talent or whatever.

Why do any of us even bother with you? You've repeatedly showed that you don't know **** from shinola.

mngopher35
07-22-2017, 02:27 PM
Draymond Green has made the all nba team twice now while Bosh made it one season his entire career. Also won a dpoy last year and runner up before which Bosh was never close to. I can go into RPM etc but people aren't as big on stats sometimes (bosh would have like volume/PER type advantage for sure too). If you add in the fit on each team it only would further the gap each players impact would be etc. Yet when it suits you we just downplay one and prop up the other to make a case. I believe psd had Green in the top 10 of player rankings this year as well, something Bosh was not in back 2010. I get you can argue that these guys are close overall impact wise depending on the situation but we know the situations and one was far better suited to be a 3rd guy/role player type.

On top of this even if we ignore the fit aspect you still have Klay/Iggy not being mentioned in those comparisons (Klay also 2 time all nba). Again you already pointed out how this warriors team would destroy that heat team and it is because they are clearly different situations and one hopped onto an already made super team setting records/winning a title (one where they were favorites without him even lol). Like I said it is just funny watching some of you guys constantly trying to equate it to Miami/Lebron when it suits you yet saying "warriors would crush the heat" etc. at the same time. Duh, the reason is because everyone else can obviously see how different the moves actually were and how Durant joined a team that wouldn't need him to win a title. It is so simple and even you get it when you want to nasty.

eDush
07-22-2017, 02:28 PM
I get why people kill KD for making this move, jumping to a team that just beat you is not a good look. Being a top 2 player and going to one of the most dominant teams, also not a good look. I grew up on Jordan. I was proud of DRose sayin he aint gonna recruit another man. Im all about that competitive spirit.

But thats not why KD did it. He "ran" from Westbrook who, as talented as he is, is just not a guy you would want to play pickup with, let alone your entire career. The style of play in GS was so appealing, even if they hadnt been as successful, that freewheeling ball movement is extremely appealing to guys that play the right way. And Bay Area vs OKC? No brainer from just about every aspect of quality of life.

And as fans we finally got to see KD play the kind of basketball we only got to see a glimspe of when Westbrook was injured. Can't wait to see moreAgreed and I think many Dubs fans knows this as well. It's the haters who can't handle it and condemn his actions which is quite pathetic :nod:

But why are you proud that Rose didn't recruit to bring talent for the Bulls?
:shrug:

ChiSox219
07-23-2017, 02:50 AM

At the time Lebron had just done the whole " taking my talents to South Beach " thing which rubbed me the wrong way. It was cool to see Rose saying as a 25:1 underdog, that he could win MVP and that he would carry his teammates against any challenge. And then backing it up.

This was just as the league had shifted to players colluding and I probably didnt fully understand how seismic the shift was and how important recruiting would be. Obviously the 2011 ECF showed that Rose needed another talented teammate to have a chance.

eDush
07-23-2017, 12:49 PM

At the time Lebron had just done the whole " taking my talents to South Beach " thing which rubbed me the wrong way. It was cool to see Rose saying as a 25:1 underdog, that he could win MVP and that he would carry his teammates against any challenge. And then backing it up.

This was just as the league had shifted to players colluding and I probably didnt fully understand how seismic the shift was and how important recruiting would be. Obviously the 2011 ECF showed that Rose needed another talented teammate to have a chance.So instead of trying to convince Melo to join at the time before he re-up with the Knicks under Phil that Rose suffered the injured and then decided he didn't want to help his team in the playoffs after being medically cleared to play. I called that a cowardly wuss but what do I know?

nastynice
07-23-2017, 02:31 PM
Lol look at the posts since this one even, you are clearly one sided on this.

We all know GS was far better like you initially stated, you just like to play both sides (we would crush them, oh no Durant didn't join that much talent really...). I get why but it is just comical at this point is all I was saying.

oh, I see what the issue is, you're under the impression that I said Durant didn't join that much talent really. How you came to such a conclusion, I have not the slightest clue. Bro, I can't be sitting here defending arguments you're pulling out of your ***

nastynice
07-23-2017, 02:33 PM
No, we were talking about Lebron and Durant joining what they joined, not just depth, raw talent or whatever.

Why do any of us even bother with you? You've repeatedly showed that you don't know **** from shinola.

That's great, talk about that all you want, I was talking about raw talent.

nastynice
07-23-2017, 02:39 PM
Draymond Green has made the all nba team twice now while Bosh made it one season his entire career. Also won a dpoy last year and runner up before which Bosh was never close to. I can go into RPM etc but people aren't as big on stats sometimes (bosh would have like volume/PER type advantage for sure too). If you add in the fit on each team it only would further the gap each players impact would be etc. Yet when it suits you we just downplay one and prop up the other to make a case. I believe psd had Green in the top 10 of player rankings this year as well, something Bosh was not in back 2010. I get you can argue that these guys are close overall impact wise depending on the situation but we know the situations and one was far better suited to be a 3rd guy/role player type.

On top of this even if we ignore the fit aspect you still have Klay/Iggy not being mentioned in those comparisons (Klay also 2 time all nba). Again you already pointed out how this warriors team would destroy that heat team and it is because they are clearly different situations and one hopped onto an already made super team setting records/winning a title (one where they were favorites without him even lol). Like I said it is just funny watching some of you guys constantly trying to equate it to Miami/Lebron when it suits you yet saying "warriors would crush the heat" etc. at the same time. Duh, the reason is because everyone else can obviously see how different the moves actually were and how Durant joined a team that wouldn't need him to win a title. It is so simple and even you get it when you want to nasty.

haha, bro, if you honestly think Green is a better player than Bosh then just say so right now, cuz if so then there's just no point in us even having this convo. Yes, Green is the better fit, yes Korver is a better 3 point shooter, but I'm saying just flat out player vs player, Bosh is in a different tier than Green, I don't see how the hell this is even up for debate. That's crazy to me.

The **** you're saying don't even make sense. Yes, Lebron paved the way for KD's move. Yes, these warriors would crush those heat. I don't see any form of contradiction in any of those two. What is this supposed contradiction, or "can't have it both ways" stuff you keep bringing up?

ChiSox219
07-23-2017, 02:53 PM
So instead of trying to convince Melo to join at the time before he re-up with the Knicks under Phil that Rose suffered the injured and then decided he didn't want to help his team in the playoffs after being medically cleared to play. I called that a cowardly wuss but what do I know?

Lol the Bulls medically cleared Deng and he almost died, what is your point?

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 02:57 PM
haha, bro, if you honestly think Green is a better player than Bosh then just say so right now, cuz if so then there's just no point in us even having this convo. Yes, Green is the better fit, yes Korver is a better 3 point shooter, but I'm saying just flat out player vs player, Bosh is in a different tier than Green, I don't see how the hell this is even up for debate. That's crazy to me.

The **** you're saying don't even make sense. Yes, Lebron paved the way for KD's move. Yes, these warriors would crush those heat. I don't see any form of contradiction in any of those two. What is this supposed contradiction, or "can't have it both ways" stuff you keep bringing up?

The moves are separate/different, as scoots said if you wanna blame someone you can look back past Lebron for people leaving their teams and playing with talent etc. This move by Durant was far different like you basically admitted earlier when it suited you (they would crush that Miami team) and bringing up Lebron/Heat later to play the other side (look what lebron did he started it despite it also obviously being different lol). I have seen your posts before so I get your obviously biased but it was just funny to see both sides taken in the same post.

If you don't think Green is a top 10ish player that is on you man. I agree we won't get anywhere if you don't think he is a good player like that, feel free to make a poll and see where he lands because PSD did last summer and I believe he was like 10th (again Bosh was not top 10 in 2010). Ignoring fit, Klay, Iggy is enough for me to think your goal wasn't actually to compare the talent they joined though and just focus in on anything you can to make it look better for Durant. KD made his choice and it's done, no need to downplay the level of help he thought he needed to win (73 win/championship caliber core with Green as the 2nd best player).

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 03:07 PM
oh, I see what the issue is, you're under the impression that I said Durant didn't join that much talent really. How you came to such a conclusion, I have not the slightest clue. Bro, I can't be sitting here defending arguments you're pulling out of your ***

You are clearly trying to downplay the talent he joined, it didn't even include Klay/Iggy. Trying to compare it to Miami to me is clearly downplaying the level of talent he joined. Then when you actually talk about context/fit the gap becomes even bigger. This is why like you say GS would crush Miami, he joined an already made championship/73 win team haha. Huge difference when you don't ignore certain players/fit to suit an argument.

WaDe03
07-23-2017, 03:12 PM
Let me reiterate here. Yes, KD joined a better team. Lebron's #2 and #3 were more talented than KD's, on top of the fact that lebron is better than KD, so Lebron's Heat's top 3 actually had more overall talent than warriors top 3. But YES, KD joined a better TEAM. Deeper, better assembled, better fit. But I find the whining funny, because it is mostly lebron supporters whining about it, and its like bro, its YOUR (by your I mean lebron's) formula. We just did a hell of a better job. I'm not trying to play both sides of anything, everything I said is true, doesn't contradict anything. I talk a lil smack as a warriors fan, and at the hands of lebron, but that's just smack talking a rival (whom I'm actually also a fan of) on a sports forum, nothing more.

That's great that he's top 10, I'm happy to see that cuz I'm a Draymond fan, and its nice to see him get that type of recognition. Doesn't change the fact that him and Bosh are completely diff animals. If Green is the best player on your roster, you're not getting a chip. Straight up. With Bosh, you got a chance (well, before the super team era at least). Wade's obviously better, but Miami became overnight chip contenders considered on par with Boston when Bosh signed (in that 24hr gap before Lebron signed). If Green signs there, no way he has that type of impact. Stats and polls can say whatever they want, if you watch the game it should be obvious.

So you again agree Wade > Curry

nastynice
07-23-2017, 03:14 PM
The moves are separate/different, as scoots said if you wanna blame someone you can look back past Lebron for people leaving their teams and playing with talent etc. This move by Durant was far different like you basically admitted earlier when it suited you (they would crush that Miami team) and bringing up Lebron/Heat later to play the other side (look what lebron did he started it despite it also obviously being different lol). I have seen your posts before so I get your obviously biased but it was just funny to see both sides taken in the same post.

If you don't think Green is a top 10ish player that is on you man. I agree we won't get anywhere if you don't think he is a good player like that, feel free to make a poll and see where he lands because PSD did last summer and I believe he was like 10th (again Bosh was not top 10 in 2010). Ignoring fit, Klay, Iggy is enough for me to think your goal wasn't actually to compare the talent they joined though and just focus in on anything you can to make it look better for Durant. KD made his choice and it's done, no need to downplay the level of help he thought he needed to win (73 win/championship caliber core with Green as the 2nd best player).

Let me reiterate here. Yes, KD joined a better team. But Lebron's #2 and #3 were more talented than KD's, on top of the fact that lebron is better than KD, so Lebron's Heat's top 3 actually had more overall talent than warriors top 3. But YES, KD joined a better TEAM. Deeper, better assembled, better fit. But I find the whining funny, because it is mostly lebron supporters whining about it, and its like bro, its YOUR (by your I mean lebron's) formula. We just did a hell of a better job. We perfected his formula. We didn't go as top heavy and non complimentary as him. I'm not trying to play both sides of anything, everything I said is true, doesn't contradict anything. I talk a lil smack as a warriors fan, and at the hands of lebron, but that's just smack talking a rival (whom I'm actually also a fan of) on a sports forum, nothing more.

That's great that he's top 10, I'm happy to see that cuz I'm a Draymond fan, and its nice to see him get that type of recognition. Doesn't change the fact that him and Bosh are completely diff animals. If Green is the best player on your roster, you're not getting a chip. Straight up. With Bosh, you got a chance (well, before the super team era at least). Wade's obviously better, but Miami became overnight chip contenders considered on par with Boston when Bosh signed (in that 24hr gap before Lebron signed). If Green signs there, no way he has that type of impact. Stats and polls can say whatever they want, if you watch the game it should be obvious.

nastynice
07-23-2017, 03:24 PM
You are clearly trying to downplay the talent he joined, it didn't even include Klay/Iggy. Trying to compare it to Miami to me is clearly downplaying the level of talent he joined. Then when you actually talk about context/fit the gap becomes even bigger. This is why like you say GS would crush Miami, he joined an already made championship/73 win team haha. Huge difference when you don't ignore certain players/fit to suit an argument.

No, I made the comment that Lebron joined a situation which was actually more top heavy in talent than what golden state has. A situation which we thought these guys were going to legit run the league for 6-7 years. It didn't pan out like that (and who knows, maybe golden states won't either), but that doesn't change the fact of how big of a move it was. That move completely rocked the league. Unheard of type a ****.

Me pointing out that fact shouldn't automatically mean I'm downplaying golden state. I'm not. I been saying it since KD signed, he didn't come here to win a ring, he came here to try and build something that will never be forgotten. I was the one talking about the warriors going 16-0 in the playoffs. I am very much aware of what potential we've got on our hands here in golden state. We've just played one year and went 16-1 in the playoffs and I feel like we haven't even started, lmao, but you never know. You neeeeever know. I woulda NEVER guessed Miami comes out the big 3 era with only two chips. Never. But sometimes things don't play out how you planned

nastynice
07-23-2017, 03:30 PM
So you again agree Wade > Curry

Na, Curry vs Wade specifically I'd say Curry. But Miami top 3 vs GS top 3 goes to Miami

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 03:40 PM
Let me reiterate here. Yes, KD joined a better team. But Lebron's #2 and #3 were more talented than KD's, on top of the fact that lebron is better than KD, so Lebron's Heat's top 3 actually had more overall talent than warriors top 3. But YES, KD joined a better TEAM. Deeper, better assembled, better fit. But I find the whining funny, because it is mostly lebron supporters whining about it, and its like bro, its YOUR (by your I mean lebron's) formula. We just did a hell of a better job. We perfected his formula. We didn't go as top heavy and non complimentary as him. I'm not trying to play both sides of anything, everything I said is true, doesn't contradict anything. I talk a lil smack as a warriors fan, and at the hands of lebron, but that's just smack talking a rival (whom I'm actually also a fan of) on a sports forum, nothing more.

I disagree with that though as do others as you have seen. Lebron is better than KD but even the top talent GS has a good argument and a clear one when fit is considered imo. Why narrow it down like this unless you have some agenda though? Klay/Iggy and the fit I mention make it far far better situation still so even if you were right it still ignores a ton. I don't think there is any sort of formula here or any BS? Warriors were in a perfect spot to make this happen and it was different than how Miami did, no arguments about any of that. KD decided he needed to hop onto the already made favorites who had set records and won a title, just stop comparing it to clearly different situations.

I am just calling out your BS as are most other people. You can call me whatever you want related to Lebron, I love him so much my current biggest wish is that the Wolves rip off his team for Kyrie lol. You say you laugh at the whining from Lebron lovers or whatever but the reality is you are just pushing a clearly biased agenda against him just like most who compare the situations in a similar way.

These guys aren't being talked about as the best player on their teams lol. We saw Green as the 2nd best player on a team win a title and set a wins record though. I think it is obvious how good Green/Bosh were by watching as well, I just can also back it up with more than just my eyes (and I certainly don't trust yours). They were actually on par with the Magic after adding Bosh according to the betting odds at the time. Once they got Lebron they jumped over Boston and even LA though (to the same extent GS was favored BEFORE Durant).

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 03:45 PM
No, I made the comment that Lebron joined a situation which was actually more top heavy in talent than what golden state has. A situation which we thought these guys were going to legit run the league for 6-7 years. It didn't pan out like that (and who knows, maybe golden states won't either), but that doesn't change the fact of how big of a move it was. That move completely rocked the league. Unheard of type a ****.

Me pointing out that fact shouldn't automatically mean I'm downplaying golden state. I'm not. I been saying it since KD signed, he didn't come here to win a ring, he came here to try and build something that will never be forgotten. I was the one talking about the warriors going 16-0 in the playoffs. I am very much aware of what potential we've got on our hands here in golden state. We've just played one year and went 16-1 in the playoffs and I feel like we haven't even started, lmao, but you never know. You neeeeever know. I woulda NEVER guessed Miami comes out the big 3 era with only two chips. Never. But sometimes things don't play out how you planned

Why does that matter though? In the end the overall team they joined is what matters and like I said even if you try and narrow it down people can easily disagree. I take Curry+Green for sure and when you add Klay/Iggy it isn't even remotely close.

If you can see the talent/ability of GS and understand that you were ignoring a lot to even make it remotely close then just stop comparing the two moves as similar in any sense. When people bash KD don't respond with but Lebron but Miami etc if we get they were clearly different. It's that simple unless there is some bias/agenda...

Saddletramp
07-23-2017, 03:54 PM

Haha, Bosh being your best player means you have a chance at winning a title? What the heck are you talking about?

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 03:55 PM
You continually bring up lebron/Miami while admitting they were clearly much different etc now lol. How do you not see that?

nastynice
07-23-2017, 03:55 PM
I disagree with that though as do others as you have seen. Lebron is better than KD but even the top talent GS has a good argument and a clear one when fit is considered imo. Why narrow it down like this unless you have some agenda though? Klay/Iggy and the fit I mention make it far far better situation still so even if you were right it still ignores a ton. I don't think there is any sort of formula here or any BS? Warriors were in a perfect spot to make this happen and it was different than how Miami did, no arguments about any of that. KD decided he needed to hop onto the already made favorites who had set records and won a title, just stop comparing it to clearly different situations.

I am just calling out your BS as are most other people. You can call me whatever you want related to Lebron, I love him so much my current biggest wish is that the Wolves rip off his team for Kyrie lol. You say you laugh at the whining from Lebron lovers or whatever but the reality is you are just pushing a clearly biased agenda against him just like most who compare the situations in a similar way.

These guys aren't being talked about as the best player on their teams lol. We saw Green as the 2nd best player on a team win a title and set a wins record though. I think it is obvious how good Green/Bosh were by watching as well, I just can also back it up with more than just my eyes (and I certainly don't trust yours). They were actually on par with the Magic after adding Bosh according to the betting odds at the time. Once they got Lebron they jumped over Boston and even LA though (to the same extent GS was favored BEFORE Durant).

Did I not just say KD joined a better team? Have I not been saying this whole time that KD basically did what Lebron did, just a step FURTHER? That we perfected what he tried. Its like we're arguing the same side here, the only difference being that you think that somehow invalidates what happened that summer when the big 3 formed. It doesn't. It's not an agenda, its just what happened.

WaDe03
07-23-2017, 03:59 PM
Na, Curry vs Wade specifically I'd say Curry. But Miami top 3 vs GS top 3 goes to Miami

You said LeBrons 2nd and 3rd guy were better than Durants 2nd and 3rd guy and you're talking top 3 and ignoring that your top 4 has 4 all stars

nastynice
07-23-2017, 04:01 PM
Why does that matter though? In the end the overall team they joined is what matters and like I said even if you try and narrow it down people can easily disagree. I take Curry+Green for sure and when you add Klay/Iggy it isn't even remotely close.

If you can see the talent/ability of GS and understand that you were ignoring a lot to even make it remotely close then just stop comparing the two moves as similar in any sense. When people bash KD don't respond with but Lebron but Miami etc if we get they were clearly different. It's that simple unless there is some bias/agenda...

Bro, its like this. If Lebron, Kawhi, Greg Pop, Anthony Davis, etc etc, all combined together to form a team much BETTER than golden state, would it not still be ironic to hear a golden state fan whining about it? Would you not still see the irony of, yes, this team is much better than GS, but its still funny as hell that a warriors fan, whose franchise is coming fresh off an attempt at building the greatest team ever, is now complaining that another franchise is now trying to build the greatest team ever, and actually doing a better job at it.

Does that make sense? Does it make sense why I bring up the irony of lebron fans crying about what Golden State did? What lebron THOUGHT he did that summer by going to miami is what WE are on the brink of doing right now in golden state.

So I hope you can see how me bringing up lebron isn't about trying to throw shade or push an agenda, its about me finding it funny that a lebron fan would whine about this. We tried what lebron tried, our results are potentially better. deal with it.

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 04:12 PM
Bro, its like this. If Lebron, Kawhi, Greg Pop, Anthony Davis, etc etc, all combined together to form a team much BETTER than golden state, would it not still be ironic to hear a golden state fan whining about it? Would you not still see the irony of, yes, this team is much better than GS, but its still funny as hell that a warriors fan, whose franchise is coming fresh off an attempt at building the greatest team ever, is now complaining that another franchise is now trying to build the greatest team ever, and actually doing a better job at it.

Does that make sense? Does it make sense why I bring up the irony of lebron fans crying about what Golden State did? What lebron THOUGHT he did that summer by going to miami is what WE are on the brink of doing right now in golden state.

So I hope you can see how me bringing up lebron isn't about trying to throw shade or push an agenda, its about me finding it funny that a lebron fan would whine about this. We tried what lebron tried, our results are potentially better. deal with it.

Once again though they are much different situations and even listing 4 guys like you did is still one less star than is on GS haha. What Miami had was odds similar to win as GS before Durant even got there though. That team was like tons we have seen before with more talent than others in the league but not to nearly this crazy extent as GS.

If the moves/results are clearly much different then you can't just say but if Lebron/Miami... It doesn't hold any weight because like you have admitted this GS team is clearly much better and at an entirely different level in comparison. It's just not the same but you try to equate them anyways which has just made you look kinda silly.

I think Lebron's move was weak too btw it just isn't even remotely close to what KD just did though. To me equating the two like you have tried to do is a clear agenda though to downplay how bad this move really was for KD as a competitor (which is what bringing up Miami/Lebron repeatedly in comparison is doing). It's totally different so people can see them as totally different situations when discussing what each team/player did etc. Again it is that simple.

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 04:15 PM
You said LeBrons 2nd and 3rd guy were better than Durants 2nd and 3rd guy and you're talking top 3 and ignoring that your top 4 has 4 all stars

Ya like ignoring Klay to push that top end talent thing is funny to me, clearly ignoring the obvious to push an agenda. Top end talent for Warriors includes 4 all star players not 3 (and even after that a recent FMVP in Iggy with big impact still).

nastynice
07-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Its like we're having different conversations, lol....

nastynice
07-23-2017, 04:17 PM
Ya like ignoring Klay to push that top end talent thing is funny to me, clearly ignoring the obvious to push an agenda. Top end talent for Warriors includes 4 all star players not 3 (and even after that a recent FMVP in Iggy with big impact still).

Probably like 5 hall of famers, I think Iggy makes a push :nod:

but yea, some people just call it making an argument. Doesn't sound as sexy as "pushing an agenda" tho

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 04:24 PM
Probably like 5 hall of famers, I think Iggy makes a push :nod:

but yea, some people just call it making an argument. Doesn't sound as sexy as "pushing an agenda" tho

I mean it was a really bad argument haha. I guess I am just hoping bias/agenda played a part in it

eDush
07-23-2017, 05:28 PM
So instead of trying to convince Melo to join at the time before he re-up with the Knicks under Phil that Rose suffered the injured and then decided he didn't want to help his team in the playoffs after being medically cleared to play. I called that a cowardly wuss but what do I know?

Lol the Bulls medically cleared Deng and he almost died, what is your point?Rose was medically cleared for over 10 months yet you are pointing out that their medical staff is so incompetent that he could die or was Rose somehow using that as his reasoning or is it just you? They are not as bad as you think unlike their FO but if you want to run with that as a homer, it's on you :(

eDush
07-23-2017, 05:35 PM
So you again agree Wade > CurryDidn't you say your lover was better than Lebron when they were in Miami too?

ChiSox219
07-23-2017, 05:55 PM
Rose was medically cleared for over 10 months yet you are pointing out that their medical staff is so incompetent that he could die or was Rose somehow using that as his reasoning or is it just you? They are not as bad as you think unlike their FO but if you want to run with that as a homer, it's on you :(

Man you are making a lot of assumptions, I dont care about the Bulls organization, I stopped giving them my money years ago and clearly that was the right decision. As of today i think Rose recruting wouldve benefit the Bulls but at the time I really liked the attitude.

As far as being medically cleared for 10 months, I dont know where you got that. He was cleared just over a month before the end of the season by the awful Bulls medical staff. His window to return was always 8-12 months.

nastynice
07-23-2017, 07:50 PM
I mean it was a really bad argument haha. I guess I am just hoping bias/agenda played a part in it

No, I just think extra things are being lumped in with my argument

Me saying that lebron's move paved the way for kd in no way takes away or adds anything to either player. Its just what it is. Same way Lebron's big 3 doesn't somehow take away or add to either miami nor boston. Its just a fact that Boston's move is really what paved the way for lebron's. Its an extremely strong possibility that without a boston big 3, a miami big 3 never forms. And then they became the hurdle boston couldn't overcome.
Same way, KD just followed this blueprint being laid down from before, stacking the odds, obviously to a higher level. And maybe next year someone will call us and raise us, and all of a sudden its my team scrambling to figure out what move to make. Its just what it is.

My whole point is, golden state (potentially) DID what lebron TRIED. And thought he did that summer. The fact that things played out very different is beside the point. C'mon, no one at that time woulda guessed they'd only win two rings together. That was like wayy on the low end of what anyone thought. I fully understand that this GS team is better than that Miami team, but again, the irony is funny because GS (potentially) did what lebron THOUGHT he did.

mngopher35
07-23-2017, 08:09 PM

Me saying that lebron's move paved the way for kd in no way takes away or adds anything to either player. Its just what it is. Same way Lebron's big 3 doesn't somehow take away or add to either miami nor boston. Its just a fact that Boston's move is really what paved the way for lebron's. Its an extremely strong possibility that without a boston big 3, a miami big 3 never forms. And then they became the hurdle boston couldn't overcome.
Same way, KD just followed this blueprint being laid down from before, stacking the odds, obviously to a higher level. And maybe next year someone will call us and raise us, and all of a sudden its my team scrambling to figure out what move to make. Its just what it is.

My whole point is, golden state (potentially) DID what lebron TRIED. And thought he did that summer. The fact that things played out very different is beside the point. C'mon, no one at that time woulda guessed they'd only win two rings together. That was like wayy on the low end of what anyone thought. I fully understand that this GS team is better than that Miami team, but again, the irony is funny because GS (potentially) did what lebron THOUGHT he did.

That's the thing though as you mention Boston, so lebron didn't really pave the way he was just following someone too. Like tons of stuff has lead to reactions around the league etc. I get that.

What has never happened though is a star at the level of Durant joining the already favorites who had won a title/73 wins/unanimous MVP etc. I don't blame gs at all they capitalized on a few things and put themselves in a great spot. It's a completely new road though for an individual player like Durant to be so scared and need to hop onto a team like this. No one paved the way, tons and tons of things have happened like lebron/Boston etc but no player has made anything like this cowardly move.

Basically anyone trying to bring up anyone paving the way for a move like this is off base because it's never happened. It's totally on Durant and trying to equate it to lebron/Miami doesn't work unless you want to ignore the actual context. They were different and the main reason why people still bring up lebron/Miami is usually due to their own feelings toward him or KD/GS (which you have mentioned but it isn't only the homers, haters as well and they all normally look as silly as some of your posts in here).

WaDe03
07-23-2017, 09:50 PM
Didn't you say your lover was better than Lebron when they were in Miami too?

I can't get over the fact that you used to be a Cavs fan after Vee-Rex told me. That's ****ing hilarious.

As for your question, I said Wade was better their first year together. Other than that it was clearly LeBron.

tredigs
07-23-2017, 09:59 PM
I love how this completely shortsighted/stupid thread breathes and is among the hot topics of the day. Great moderation. Look no further as to why this site has become a joke.

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 12:42 AM
I love how this completely shortsighted/stupid thread breathes and is among the hot topics of the day. Great moderation. Look no further as to why this site has become a joke.

I hope to God this means that you are going to stop using this site. Please, do. You're a reason it is a joke. All you do is act like you're the God Almighty of basketball discussions when you're just a senile old man who has no one to talk to. Face it, your entire existence involves you thinking you're right. Which is a very sad life to live.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:03 AM

You keep saying that Lebron set up KDs move yet that's still ********. Lebron never joined a record breaking team while leaving an MVP contender. Lebron didn't join an already stud team. Lebron didn't join the Celtics. Lebron joined two dudes and basically scrubs. He helped to form something, he didn't join a winner. KD joined a team that already won a title and set a win record. KD joined the league MVP and the DPOY candidate and another All Star in an already proven system. And that won't happen again thanks to that ****ing ******** cap spike. KD took advantage of a once in a league's life time scenario because he knew he couldn't do **** without GS. He ring chased in his prime while leaving a top 4 team. That's unheard of. He's the biggest heartless ***** to ever play in professional sports. Lebron left a dysfunctional garbage front office to play with some friends in a player's favorite city. OKC was soooo close and Durant gave up.

Its like we're having different conversations, lol....

It's almost like one person doesn't realize he's out of his element yet keeps talking and looks like a complete moron. No idea why Gopher keeps going back and forth with you. It's like arguing with a 7 year old but with added humiliation because even though you're arguing like one, I'm pretty sure you're not seven.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:09 AM
I hope to God this means that you are going to stop using this site. Please, do. You're a reason it is a joke. All you do is act like you're the God Almighty of basketball discussions when you're just a senile old man who has no one to talk to. Face it, your entire existence involves you thinking you're right. Which is a very sad life to live.

Leave Tre alone. He's the poor kid that everyone felt sorry for and then his family won the lottery and he showed his true ******* colors. Shame on the rest of us for assuming that being a loser would be a humbling experience. He'll settle down again whenever GS subsides.

A few lottery hits and a never to happen again cap spike really turn some guys into little *****es.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 04:22 AM
You keep saying that Lebron set up KDs move yet that's still ********. Lebron never joined a record breaking team while leaving an MVP contender. Lebron didn't join an already stud team. Lebron didn't join the Celtics. Lebron joined two dudes and basically scrubs. He helped to form something, he didn't join a winner. KD joined a team that already won a title and set a win record. KD joined the league MVP and the DPOY candidate and another All Star in an already proven system. And that won't happen again thanks to that ****ing ******** cap spike. KD took advantage of a once in a league's life time scenario because he knew he couldn't do **** without GS. He ring chased in his prime while leaving a top 4 team. That's unheard of. He's the biggest heartless ***** to ever play in professional sports. Lebron left a dysfunctional garbage front office to play with some friends in a player's favorite city. OKC was soooo close and Durant gave up.

That's great, but what lebron DID do is stack the odds in his favor by making a move which he believed would create a super team and net him and his team 8 rings. So all those differences really don't matter, because I'm not saying the situations are the exact same thing. I'm saying that one paved the way for the other.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 04:23 AM
A few lottery hits and a never to happen again cap spike really turn some guys into little *****es.

lol, easy there champ

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:51 AM
That's great, but what lebron DID do is stack the odds in his favor by making a move which he believed would create a super team and net him and his team 8 rings. So all those differences really don't matter, because I'm not saying the situations are the exact same thing. I'm saying that one paved the way for the other.

No he didn't. He left his ****** team (KD's team wasn't ******, they made the playoffs this past year) and joined two guys and scrubs (KD joined a title team with the win record). KD stacked the odds, not Lebron. Get a clue.

SirSkyHook
07-24-2017, 07:46 AM
No he didn't. He left his ****** team (KD's team wasn't ******, they made the playoffs this past year) and joined two guys and scrubs (KD joined a title team with the win record). KD stacked the odds, not Lebron. Get a clue.

Let's not downplay the fact that LeBron created a super team with two allstar/franchise players in the weakest conference and left to do it again in Cleveland. What KD did was worse but they both ***** moved to rings, but LeBron is the pioneer of this crazy mess.

Please Magic and Roby P stay off his jank. No LeBron to L.A!!!!

Chronz
07-24-2017, 09:56 AM
That's fine, I got not issue with that. But again, remember, its the irony that makes me laugh, and its ironic that THIS is the line drawing, whereas 3 top 10 (at worst top 15) players poised to get 8 chips in a row is all kosher.

We just beat them at their game. There's nothing else to it :)

I remember, its not ironic considering the context you're ignoring. Of course its all kosher, the team wouldn't win **** without Bron, we already know how great the Dubs are without KD even existing. We've seen how the Heat/Cavs have played without Bron and we've seen what the Dubs have proven without KD even on the team, there is a CLEAR distinction on why the lines are drawn there. One is FAR more comparable/justifiable/understandable in its creation, the other is a historical decision to hop onto a historically dominant team amidst its prime

LOL at Bosh being anywhere near top-10(Draymond Green is undoubtedly a greater championship piece and would rank higher in my ranks EASILY), it seems like putting up empty numbers alongside the worst rebounding big whilst playing zero defense and quitting on your team during a playoff run, vowing to never play that style that got you to a career year, all that really impressed you enough to lump him into the top-10? LMFAO, I will never agree with you on how to grade talent if thats the case so we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one.

I dont expect many Dub fans to ever understand why KD and Bron cannot be compared, KD stands alone in history. BTW why do the laymen bring up the parade but ignore the far more serious setting of an interview where Bron actually clarifies how hard it would be? Its like, you expect me to hold it against Bron for hyping up the fan base while ignoring an actual interview setting? WHY? Oh yeah, Dubs fan

Chronz
07-24-2017, 10:04 AM

And as fans we finally got to see KD play the kind of basketball we only got to see a glimspe of when Westbrook was injured. Can't wait to see more

Then be a man and ask the team to trade RWB lol. Seriously tho, you really think he would have come to GS had Curry stayed his injured self or if they were a ho-hum 48 win team or something? I highly doubt it, the dude was watching them play and instantly thought about the open shots/layups he would get with so little attention.

So yeah, you can call it the "system" I call it wanting nothing but the easiest shots possible for a talent like him. He doesn't want to bear the responsibility of carrying the system or carrying your teammates. Play the right way? What a load of crap, there is more than one way to skin a beast, KD just wanted the easiest path ever imagined, THATS why he did it.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 10:13 AM

Agreed but don't fear posting RPM, all stats are flawed/subjective they serve different purposed. A guy like DG is especially hurt by ignoring his team influence that shows up in those stats.

When it comes to building a team , gimme a championship piece over a redundant/flawed scoring option. Then you add in that defense is what matters most when it comes to bigs or peripheral players and DG is in a league all his own in that regard. I could be wrong but didn't DG have a better playoff series (when Curry wasn't around) than any we've seen from Bosh anyways?

I think of it this way, Blake Griffin is a FAR superior #1 type of option than Bosh and even I know my team would have benefited more from having Draymond Green than him. He would have locked down and spaced the floor, the Clips didn't need him scoring as much as we needed him to stop the opposing team from scoring. Its why the Clips have done so well without Blake(around 50 win team level), now imagine having DG instead of Paul Pierce/Moute as our stretch-4. Now that CP3 is gone, Blake is prolly the better fit/player for the Clips.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 10:25 AM
Let's not downplay the fact that LeBron created a super team with two allstar/franchise players in the weakest conference and left to do it again in Cleveland. What KD did was worse but they both ***** moved to rings, but LeBron is the pioneer of this crazy mess.

Please Magic and Roby P stay off his jank. No LeBron to L.A!!!!

The last sentence gives away your bias. You wouldn't want to contend? Its not like the Lakers are a 70 win team that would make you not want to see his *** come to town ala KD.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 10:30 AM
BTW, remember when KD used to stand up for RWB and the teams style of play. Not sure why some can understand him doing that even though it appeared he didn't mean it in retrospect yet they lambaste LBJ for a hype up party? Were you all really stupid enough to think he would actually/realistically win 8 in a row? LMFAO Yeah, lets ignore how shallow the team was, how old the 2nd best player was and the type of game he played and that it was year 1 of the experiment.

JasonJohnHorn
07-24-2017, 11:05 AM
I think part of the reason that Indy dumped him on OKC is because their current situation won't allow him to win, and he will leave, which is why they got so little.

The Cavs and Celtics were apparently offering better deals, but they wanted to put George in a $#!tty spot.

So yeah... Westy/KD/PG would be great (on paper... they each require a lot of shots and I'm not sure PG and Westy have the patience to share THAT much and KD is the best scorer of the lot).

But... I don't think it would have unfolded that way had KD stayed.

Still... nice though. The west would be more competitive.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:09 PM
Didn't the Cavs win 66 games then 60 games in back to back seasons in 08-10 then he left to Miami to join with the best Other Wing player in the NBA and some experts were saying that Wade is more fundamentally sound than James and actually a better athlete so he is the better overall player, The Blocks per game proves he's more athletic. I don't care about Bosh. Wade was actually like 27 years old and the new Kobe. However his production was ruined by James. Durant didn't ruin anyones production in GS. That I will give him credit for. Because most players today can't do that. They can't play TEAM BALL.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 02:14 PM
Didn't the Cavs win 66 games then 60 games in back to back seasons in 08-10 then he left to Miami to join with the best Other Wing player in the NBA and some experts were saying that Wade is more fundamentally sound than James and actually a better athlete so he is the better overall player, The Blocks per game proves he's more athletic. I don't care about Bosh. Wade was actually like 27 years old and the new Kobe. However his production was ruined by James. Durant didn't ruin anyones production in GS. That I will give him credit for. Because most players today can't do that. They can't play TEAM BALL.

What are you basing any of this on tho?

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:22 PM
I'm amazed people still think Wade 2012-2014 was some sort of MVP caliber player or something. Curry may very well be a 3x MVP right now if not for KD joining the Warriors. Gobert is an absolute defensive machine and Green is still a better defender than him. Klay is the best shooter not named Curry. I don't see a competition at all. LeBron+Klay+Green is actually better than LeBron+Wade+Bosh.. now add Curry in there? Give me a break.

I'd be willing to bet a million dollars that if James went to join Curry, Green, And Thompson that he would lose the Finals and Curry would only average 20 ppg and all the James fans would be saying how much Curry sucks. That even goes for if he joined the 2015 Warriors when Curry was the talk of ESPN. He wouldn't have been the talk of ESPN anymore and his shots would go down to about 14 a game

Wade in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and even now today had Lebron never gone to the Miami Heat Wade would've been averaging 27 ppg each and every season. Along with 7 -8 assist per game each and every season. His assists would've gone up as his career went. Because that became the craze to play Shooting guards at Point guard.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 02:24 PM
Wait.... did you just say that Wade would be better even today if Bron never showed up? LOL, the dude had trouble staying healthy despite Bron carrying the load for his old ***, what makes you think any of this? Curry would prolly shoot something north of 50% from 3 if he played with Bron.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:31 PM
What are you basing any of this on tho?

I'm basing it on having watched all of Wades career and how he dealt with injuries and would always come back just fine with 27 -30 ppg. Also I would watch his Playoff stats even after injuries that would be around 33 ppg with 7 assists.

I've also studied and others have studied how James actually makes his teams worse. Love was a 25/15 player every season. Irving was already a 23 ppg player now he's more like 22. Love now is around 15 ppg.

Bosh went from 24 ppg to 18 his first season playing alongside James. Then it would drop even more in the playoffs to 15 ppg.

Wade dropped from 27 ppg to 24 then 21 in a matter of 2 years eventhough he was 29 years old which is YOUNG in todays NBA. Also to all the James fans. Wade wasn't just some average borderline All Star like they all say. Wade was considered by Miami fans to be the best player in the NBA. And by all the other NBA fans to be a top 3 player in the NBA maybe even 2nd best player in the entire NBA. He was a bigger deal than Curry even. The people that love Curry are mainly just GS fans. The rest of the NBA fans try to put him down around 6th or 7fh best player in the NBA. Wade was being put up around 2nd in the NBA better than a young Durant, Better than an older Kobe. Better than the All Around Tim Duncan. Remember They all thought they were going to win 8 Straight Titles because we had never seen the two best players join then you throw in a 25 and 11 PF/C.

Infact no one even talked like that with Durant going to the Warriors. People were more realistic saying maybe 67 wins, and 2-3 titles. But When James and Wade Joined it was over. everyone was acting like the NBA should just end. You even had guys like Van Gundy getting caught up in the hype saying 82-0. then 16-0 in the Playoffs that first season they were there in Miami.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:33 PM
Chronz, Maybe not now in 2017 because he's almost 35 years old now, but You get my point. My point is he would've been averaging more all those seasons and still today would be higher then his 18 ppg it would be more like 21 today at age 35. His career would've been better and he would've gone down as a greater player. Instead he will be ranked around 60th all time but had he stayed the guy in Miami he would've gone down as a top 35 player of all time. Maybe even top 30.

So, this notion and false agenda by the James biased fanatics that Wade wasn't any good at all is utter nonsense. Wade is a top 35 ish player all time had James not ruined his career.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:40 PM
Curry's three point shooting would most likely go down. He would mainly only get certain looks because James does the same thing everytime and doesn't mix it up. Curry likes to mix it up and shoot from different areas thoughout the game and seasons. Also curry likes to bring the ball up a lot and likes to move the ball around quickly to all the players then get it back for a shot. That would never happen with james controlling the offense. Also Love and Smiths Three point % Fell a lot over the years

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 02:48 PM
Do you think the Thunder would've ever won a title or multiple titles had Durant stayed another 15 years. If so Why?

Chronz
07-24-2017, 03:37 PM
I'm basing it on having watched all of Wades career and how he dealt with injuries and would always come back just fine with 27 -30 ppg.
Except thats not true, dude would get injured periodically and I dont see how giving him a greater burden helps his longevity, especially given his lack of range and reluctance shoot and shed the weight.

Also I would watch his Playoff stats even after injuries that would be around 33 ppg with 7 assists.

Which ones and what does that have to do with Wade's inconsistent health. Its almost like you only want to bring up the highlights and ignore the times when Wade was so injured in the playoffs that he sucked balls in the sweep to the Bulls.

I've also studied and others have studied how James actually makes his teams worse. Love was a 25/15 player every season. Irving was already a 23 ppg player now he's more like 22. Love now is around 15 ppg.
Bosh went from 24 ppg to 18 his first season playing alongside James. Then it would drop even more in the playoffs to 15 ppg.
Usage based stats that disregard efficiency are irrelevant to me. Kyrie was at his most efficient once Bron showed up. You cant mention Bosh without taking into account its not just Bron that was there but Wade as well, he didn't go from just playing with Bron, you also neglect to mention that Bosh no longer wanted to play that style, changed his diet to accomodate his vision and actually shot more 3's once Bron left. Point is, there are systematic changes occurring in the league outside of Bron's doing, the rise of the stretch-4 isn't just for teams that have LeBron James.

[QUOTE]Wade dropped from 27 ppg to 24 then 21 in a matter of 2 years eventhough he was 29 years old which is YOUNG in todays NBA. lol, not when you've been as injury prone as Wade, have such an athletic based game AND were declining statistically BEFORE Bron ever showed up. Wade had 1 final year of his peak form and after that he was in his 30's when athletic SG tend to decline if you actually research more than just the players you have a preconceived notion about.

Also to all the James fans. Wade wasn't just some average borderline All Star like they all say. Wade was considered by Miami fans to be the best player in the NBA. And by all the other NBA fans to be a top 3 player in the NBA maybe even 2nd best player in the entire NBA. He was a bigger deal than Curry even. The people that love Curry are mainly just GS fans. The rest of the NBA fans try to put him down around 6th or 7fh best player in the NBA. Wade was being put up around 2nd in the NBA better than a young Durant, Better than an older Kobe. Better than the All Around Tim Duncan. Remember They all thought they were going to win 8 Straight Titles because we had never seen the two best players join then you throw in a 25 and 11 PF/C.

Infact no one even talked like that with Durant going to the Warriors. People were more realistic saying maybe 67 wins, and 2-3 titles. But When James and Wade Joined it was over. everyone was acting like the NBA should just end. You even had guys like Van Gundy getting caught up in the hype saying 82-0. then 16-0 in the Playoffs that first season they were there in Miami.

I disagree with everything you said, I got the exact opposite feeling from the fans I talked to, you're talking about a unanimous MVP and a record breaking core so I dont care about isolated incidents when the evidence against it is as staggering as KD's defection breaking projection systems. Put it this way, Vegas gave the Dubs a higher chance to win the chip than even MJ's Bulls coming off 72 wins and they did this in the PRESEASON. And thats a minor point compared to what we actually KNOW about these teams. Miami would have never broken a season record nor won a chip without Bron. Thats a fact

Didn't the Cavs win 66 games then 60 games in back to back seasons in 08-10 then he left to Miami to join with the best Other Wing player in the NBA and some experts were saying that Wade is more fundamentally sound than James and actually a better athlete so he is the better overall player
Most people knew Bron was the superior player and the accolades, stats, defensive attention clearly depict as much. Besides even if it were true, true students of the game knew that Wade didn't have much time left.

The Blocks per game proves he's more athletic. I don't care about Bosh. Wade was actually like 27 years old and the new Kobe.

Wade was 29 and declining before Bron ever showed up.

However his production was ruined by James. Durant didn't ruin anyones production in GS. That I will give him credit for. Because most players today can't do that. They can't play TEAM BALL.
Then why did Curry's numbers shoot right back up when KD was out? The Dubs were CLEARLY trying to make KD comfortable and it came at the expense of Curry (possibly DG too). Remember, Curry was historically productive and he reverted to sub CP3 caliber numbers. In Miami, the Heat without Bron could never win/play at a level that the Dubs did during KD's injury, its because its not even close in terms of roster support.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 03:39 PM
Curry's three point shooting would most likely go down. He would mainly only get certain looks because James does the same thing everytime and doesn't mix it up. Curry likes to mix it up and shoot from different areas thoughout the game and seasons. Also curry likes to bring the ball up a lot and likes to move the ball around quickly to all the players then get it back for a shot. That would never happen with james controlling the offense. Also Love and Smiths Three point % Fell a lot over the years

Curry would still be allowed, the benefit would be hes getting more shots that hes better at canning than the off the dribble stuff he likes to throw in there. Look up their 3pt % when Bron is around, JR tends to chuck when Bron is off the court.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 03:40 PM
Chronz, Maybe not now in 2017 because he's almost 35 years old now, but You get my point. My point is he would've been averaging more all those seasons and still today would be higher then his 18 ppg it would be more like 21 today at age 35. His career would've been better and he would've gone down as a greater player. Instead he will be ranked around 60th all time but had he stayed the guy in Miami he would've gone down as a top 35 player of all time. Maybe even top 30.

So, this notion and false agenda by the James biased fanatics that Wade wasn't any good at all is utter nonsense. Wade is a top 35 ish player all time had James not ruined his career.

He was 35 last season bro. My point is that he wouldn't have played as effectively and prolly gets injured, he doesn't go down a greater player by playing less, not winning as much and being less efficient on both ends. Hes top-25 btw and Bron saved his career

Chronz
07-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Do you think the Thunder would've ever won a title or multiple titles had Durant stayed another 15 years. If so Why?

I dont know, I feel like he had the talent to eventually learn how to lead a team to victory but the dude deprived us of that by joining a team that absolutely doesn't need him to be favored, especially against the likes of Cleveland. If only he wasn't so scared of Bron I would have given him a better shot at eventually winning in superstar fashion, but now that I know his character abit more, I have a hard time envisioning him taking a team to that level rather than the team taking him to that level.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 03:44 PM
What the hell just happened? Just about everything I've just read from MarvinFinley is incorrect to the point that I don't even have to counter him. James wouldn't win a title on this Warriors team? James ruined Wade? Wade is the better player than James? Wade would never have gotten hurt if James wasn't there but he'd still up monster numbers? 29 is young in today's NBA? Again with the blasting of a pep rally where the players are trying to pump up their fan base? More realistic is "67 wins and 2-3 titles"? Anyone really thought the Heat were going to win 8 straight titles? Anyone at all? James ruined Wade's career? Wade dropped 30 spots in the all time list because James showed up and they went to 4 straight titles and won two of them? Curry would've been ruined by James now instead of still being the greatest three point shooter ever with a ton of open looks and still drawing extra help to help further free up Curry? Durant never could have won in OKC?

One minute you say that James can't play team ball but the Warriors can and then the next minute you say that James makes guys worse by showing us Kyrie's and Love's stats before and during LBJ but forgetting that Love and Kyrie, while putting up better numbers, never made the playoffs before James. What? Sounds like once Lebron got them to play team ball, their stats went down but they also won a ****ing title yet Lebron can't help with team ball?. Do you hear how crazy some of this garbage sounds?

Ohhhh, you've studied this stuff. You do know you'd lose $1 million dollars, right?

nastynice
07-24-2017, 03:50 PM

Lebron DIDNT stack the odds in his favor? This is seriously what you're telling me? Or are you telling me a bunch of differences for the 20th time which have nothing to do with the point I'm making?

Haha, ur nuts

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Lebron DIDNT stack the odds in his favor? This is seriously what you're telling me? Or are you telling me a bunch of differences for the 20th time which have nothing to do with the point I'm making?

Haha, ur nuts

No, stacking the odds would've been joining the Celtics or Lakers. He started something new. Jesus.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 03:56 PM
I'd be willing to bet a million dollars that if James went to join Curry, Green, And Thompson that he would lose the Finals and Curry would only average 20 ppg and all the James fans would be saying how much Curry sucks.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Finally someone that understands basketball. Lebron is no question the best player in the game, but in real life, you don't just add ppg together and see who's number is highest, haha. Thats why golden state is CLEARLY head and shoulders better than big 3 Miami even tho the actual raw talent disparity wasn't as big. And, as mentioned before, that top end raw talent actually favors Miami over GS

It's all about building a team. That's why the bulls got Rodman the rebounder, not Malone the shooter. It's also why the Warriors would never trade KD for lebron, because while lebron is better, that trade makes the Warriors worse

Nice to read a post from someone that actually understands what they're talking about :)

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:01 PM

Finally someone that understands basketball. Lebron is no question the best player in the game, but in real life, you don't just add ppg together and see who's number is highest, haha. Thats why golden state is CLEARLY head and shoulders better than big 3 Miami even tho the actual raw talent disparity wasn't as big. And, as mentioned before, that top end raw talent actually favors Miami over GS

It's all about building a team. That's why the bulls got Rodman the rebounder, not Malone the shooter. It's also why the Warriors would never trade KD for lebron, because while lebron is better, that trade makes the Warriors worse

Nice to read a post from someone that actually understands what they're talking about :)

You do not understand basketball. Please stop posting.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:02 PM
Wade would've had a better career. James was a hog and doesn't pass.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:11 PM
Durant was clearly sending a message to the OKC media and Westbrook by saying OH YEAH, Watch this. I'll prove to you all I'm not the reason we lose. (it is westbrook why they lose). Durant was carrying Westbrooks mistakes for 8 years. We see what happens the first second he goes to a team that doesn't make mistakes. Wins the NBA Championship in the Easiest fashion in LEAGUE HISTORY. Also the OKC media shut the hell up during and after the Finals and Now they clearly all see that It's westbrook that was the problem and not Durant.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:16 PM
saddleTramp, you've been reading from the same 3 people your whole life that agree with you on everything. NEED TO EXPAND THE MESSAGE BOARDS.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:19 PM
saddleTramp, you've been reading from the same 3 people your whole life that agree with you on everything. NEED TO EXPAND THE MESSAGE BOARDS.

Lol. Post ******** than ignore the criticisms and then blame me in saying that I need to expand my thinking. You sound like a conspiracy truther nut.

Regardless of all of that, have fun with nasty and your circle jerk.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:23 PM
Durant was clearly sending a message to the OKC media and Westbrook by saying OH YEAH, Watch this. I'll prove to you all I'm not the reason we lose. (it is westbrook why they lose). Durant was carrying Westbrooks mistakes for 8 years. We see what happens the first second he goes to a team that doesn't make mistakes. Wins the NBA Championship in the Easiest fashion in LEAGUE HISTORY. Also the OKC media shut the hell up during and after the Finals and Now they clearly all see that It's westbrook that was the problem and not Durant.

Just saw this.
It's not like KD joined the Wizards or the Trailblazers and then they won. He joined the goddamn Warriors. When you join the favorite to win the title, nobody gives you the credit for being "the reason". What trash posting.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:23 PM
cronz I can see you're stubborn and don't like to agree with facts. James has a habit of making his team mates WATCH. he doesn't really play as a team. Maybe he tries to elude that against the Pacers of the world but When he feels a team or roster is as good or better than his he folds. It's why the basketball expert not only me but Doc Rivers called him a FRONTRUNNER ON NATIONAL TV. That's a bad word in the era that Rivers grew up in. Today it's probably a compliment because I didn't hear to much about it after he said that. Although if Phil Had said that he would've been called racist.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:24 PM
Wade 27 to 20
Bosh 25 to 16
Love 25 to 16
Etc etc. Even Ray Allen who still had a lot of game left went from 17 to 11.

And Now Irving is smart and wants out because he doesn't feel he gets the ball enough or gets the credit or recognition he deserves.

Those are just facts. Nothing opinion about that. That's all I do is state the facts.

Shaq also went from 19 to 12. These are real numbers. That is not normal to see a player drop that much in PPG production in an offseason. Infact it almost NEVER happens yet it's happened about 6-7 times with James.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:31 PM
Being called a front runner has nothing to do with rasicm.

Doc has clearly been showing himself being a basketball expert on your level lately.

Maybe Lebron isn't the problem? Wade got hurt quick (which for some asinine reason you blame Lebron for). Bosh, Love and Kyrie were nobodies as the top player on their teams (how many times did Love and Kyrie go to the playoffs before they played with James? How many postseason wins did Bosh have?).

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:35 PM
Just saw this.
It's not like KD joined the Wizards or the Trailblazers and then they won. He joined the goddamn Warriors. When you join the favorite to win the title, nobody gives you the credit for being "the reason". What trash posting.

NEVER said once he was the REASON they won. They probably win the Finals in 6 or 7 either way winning most the games by about 10 points. But he did help them go 16-1 in the Playoffs and win by an average of 16 ppg in the finals and playoffs Also you are overhyping the Warriors. They were garbage in the Playoffs in 2016 only winning about half the games. Also in the season they only got the record because they played every single game like it was the game 7 of the Finals. Also the West and East was bad that season and has been bad for about 6 years now. The Warriors are just Curry, Green, and Thompson. Hardly any Shaq's or Jordan's in that group so lets not over rate them to make James seem better than he is. I can see that is the agenda you have.

I wanted Durant to go to the East too, but It's not my choice. Also there are not many good franchises anymore in the NBA so it's not the easiest decision. He had to carry the Thunder for 8 years. Give the guy a break.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:36 PM
Wade 27 to 20
Bosh 25 to 16
Love 25 to 16
Etc etc. Even Ray Allen who still had a lot of game left went from 17 to 11.

And Now Irving is smart and wants out because he doesn't feel he gets the ball enough or gets the credit or recognition he deserves.

Those are just facts. Nothing opinion about that. That's all I do is state the facts.

Shaq also went from 19 to 12. These are real numbers. That is not normal to see a player drop that much in PPG production in an offseason. Infact it almost NEVER happens yet it's happened about 6-7 times with James.

And Kevin Martin used to score 20+ points a game until he got to OKC. So, I guess that's on RWB and KD?

How old was Shaq?

Didn't Ray Allen retire even though he "had a lot of game left"?

Again, when guys are the #1 guy and they can't make the playoffs then become the second or third guy and make the playoffs, maybe it's not on their new (possible GOAT) teammate. How hard is this to understand?

Haha, you brought up Shaq's Cleveland run to help support your idiot narrative. For christs ****ing sakes.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Also this will really educate you. the Cavs had the better roster overall. They were much bigger and should've won. Also the Warriors didn't even bother guarding James. They would just let him go to the rim unguarded every time. They were not guarding the lane at all. James being 6'9ish, 265 pounds with dribbling ablity and the NBA having no one else even close to that size he should've averaged 50 points per game on 70% shooting. I watched the series and they would just let him go to the rim everytime for layups and dunks. The plan and thinking was that he is not a scorer so he will top around 30 and that won't be enough to beat the Warriors that have Scorers and pass the ball around.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:42 PM
And Kevin Martin used to score 20+ points a game until he got to OKC. So, I guess that's on RWB and KD?

How old was Shaq?

Didn't Ray Allen retire even though he "had a lot of game left"?

Again, when guys are the #1 guy and they can't make the playoffs then become the second or third guy and make the playoffs, maybe it's not on their new (possible GOAT) teammate. How hard is this to understand?

Haha, you brought up Shaq's Cleveland run to help support your idiot narrative. For christs ****ing sakes.

Shaq made the ALL STAR GAME THAT SAME AGE. He made the All STAR GAME and then at the same age went to play with James and at the same age averaged only 12 ppg then in the media James says he never learned how to feed the post.

Stop making excuses for your 6'9 270 pound PG that should have 7 Titles by now if he was actually any good because the NBA took all the power players out of the game for LeBron.

The Kevin Martin and Ray allen comment by you was dumb. Kevin Martin went to the bench and yes Westbrook makes players worse. Also Kevin Martin always sucked anyway. He's not D WADE. You were trying to compare him with D Wade that is my point. You james fans are so whack you think of D wade as just a M Redd or someone like that. And Ray Allen retired for about half a season because he felt he had more game than Boston was using him. He was probably right, most HOF know what they are talking about.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:46 PM
NEVER said once he was the REASON they won. But I did say he was the reason they didn't lose. It's easy to not win a title. Also you are overhyping the Warriors. They were garbage in the Playoffs in 2016 only winning about half the games. Also in the season they only got the record because they played every single game like it was the game 7 of the Finals. Also the West and East was bad that season and has been bad for about 6 years now. The Warriors are just Curry, Green, and Thompson. Hardly any Shaq's or Jordan's in that group so lets not over rate them to make James seem better than he is. I can see that is the agenda you have.

I wanted Durant to go to the East too, but It's not my choice. Also there are not many good franchises anymore in the NBA so it's not the easiest decision. He had to carry the Thunder for 8 years. Give the guy a break.

He didn't carry the Thunder for 8 years. He had help. Lebron carried the Cavs his first 7 years (yes, even when he had Shaq's old ***).

"NEVER said once he was the REASON they won. But I did say he was the reason they didn't lose" is such a stupid comment.

Two time MVP (one being the only ever unanimous), two of the greatest three point shooters ever in a system that gets them a ton of open looks (by hook or by crook), a yearly DPOY candidate that's also one of the most passionate players ever, a former All Star and FMVP on the bench.....Yeah, I'm not overhyping them.

How many games did Curry miss/was still hobbled in the 2016 playoffs? Also, what does this mean?: "Also the West and East was bad that season and has been bad for about 6 years now." Sure, the East hasn't been that great lately but there's been a lot of great West/high end East teams the past 6 years. OKC was one of them and if RWB and PG stay (doubtful), they'll continue to be going forward.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:49 PM
Also this will really educate you. the Cavs had the better roster overall. They were much bigger and should've won. Also the Warriors didn't even bother guarding James. They would just let him go to the rim unguarded every time. They were not guarding the lane at all. James being 6'9ish, 265 pounds with dribbling ablity and the NBA having no one else even close to that size he should've averaged 50 points per game on 70% shooting. I watched the series and they would just let him go to the rim everytime for layups and dunks. The plan and thinking was that he is not a scorer so he will top around 30 and that won't be enough to beat the Warriors that have Scorers and pass the ball around.

How did the Cavs have the better overall team (they didnt) yet once Lebron topped out at 30ish points a game it wasn't enough to beat the Warriors (who, as you say, were the inferior team)?

mngopher35
07-24-2017, 04:51 PM
Pretty sure you guys are falling for the troll lol. Once he mentions Shawn Kemp I will be sure

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:52 PM
Being called a front runner has nothing to do with rasicm.

Doc has clearly been showing himself being a basketball expert on your level lately.

Maybe Lebron isn't the problem? Wade got hurt quick (which for some asinine reason you blame Lebron for). Bosh, Love and Kyrie were nobodies as the top player on their teams (how many times did Love and Kyrie go to the playoffs before they played with James? How many postseason wins did Bosh have?).

So now Love and Kyrie are nobodies? What because they didn't make the Playoffs their rookie years. James didn't make the Playoffs until 3 years in, in the EASY EAST. Do you agree that the James and Wade Combo never really worked out all the way like many thought it would. Also do you agree that they're styles didn't really fit that well like say a Pippen and Jordan fit or a Green and Durant fit.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:54 PM
Pretty sure you guys are falling for the troll lol. Once he mentions Shawn Kemp I will be sure

Sorry kid, but I think you're the troll. I remember you saying Parsons was so much better than Leonard and Green because you didn't think they were going to be good.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 04:55 PM
Shaq made the ALL STAR GAME THAT SAME AGE. He made the All STAR GAME and then at the same age went to play with James and at the same age averaged only 12 ppg then in the media James says he never learned how to feed the post.

Stop making excuses for your 6'9 270 pound PG that should have 7 Titles by now if he was actually any good because the NBA took all the power players out of the game for LeBron.

The Kevin Martin and Ray allen comment by you was dumb. Kevin Martin went to the bench and yes Westbrook makes players worse. Also Kevin Martin always sucked anyway. He's not D WADE. You were trying to compare him with D Wade that is my point. You james fans are so whack you think of D wade as just a M Redd or someone like that. And Ray Allen retired for about half a season because he felt he had more game than Boston was using him. He was probably right, most HOF know what they are talking about.

He was voted in in a popularity contest? ****ing awesome. He was still washed up by then and with his ego, he'll say whatever makes him look better.

Then why didn't Ray Allen sign somewhere else? I know his kid has issues but if he still thought he could be a killer, he would've played. But he was past recount of being who he was and was comfortable with money so he retired. But that's on Lebron? He coulda signed anywhere.

And using Kevin Martin as an example was spot on. Get a clue. Some players play better as "the man" but when they join a team with someone better, they shrink back down. It's not the better players fault. They just are who they are.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 04:56 PM
How did the Cavs have the better overall team (they didnt) yet once Lebron topped out at 30ish points a game it wasn't enough to beat the Warriors (who, as you say, were the inferior team)?

They had the much bigger team. They could've posted up every time down and probably shot 60% every game as a team and dominated on the boards basically scoring on every possession. Also they could've controlled the pace that way. James has got to average more than 34. For how much he has the ball he has got to do more than that. He needs closer to 50 ppg or 16 assist per game. They also need to be assists for Dunks not 3's. You probably won't beat the Warriors shooting nothing but 3's which is pretty much what the Cavs did.

mngopher35
07-24-2017, 04:59 PM
Sorry kid, but I think you're the troll. I remember you saying Parsons was so much better than Leonard and Green because you didn't think they were going to be good.

Care to show where lol? You making up BS is furthering my point.

You made this account in July yet remember my old posts? I forgot about calling others kid, that's another trademark of yours when you get mad.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:01 PM
He was voted in in a popularity contest? ****ing awesome. He was still washed up by then and with his ego, he'll say whatever makes him look better.

Then why didn't Ray Allen sign somewhere else? I know his kid has issues but if he still thought he could be a killer, he would've played. But he was past recount of being who he was and was comfortable with money so he retired. But that's on Lebron? He coulda signed anywhere.

And using Kevin Martin as an example was spot on. Get a clue. Some players play better as "the man" but when they join a team with someone better, they shrink back down. It's not the better players fault. They just are who they are.

Kevin Martin was a starter in Houston and Sacramento then was a bench player in OKC and often not even a 6th man but more of a 7th or 8th man. He went from averaging around 35-37 minutes a game to 25-28 minutes a game in a completely different role. The Minutes is the main reason his stats went down also he was never on the level of Love, Wade, Irving or any of those other players. It's not even close to the same thing. Martin has never even made an single All Star game. Martin was never that good. So are you trying to say that Wade and Martin are the same players and that Wade really just went to the Bench and that is why his points, shots and assists went down with James?

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 05:02 PM
So now Love and Kyrie are nobodies? What because they didn't make the Playoffs their rookie years. James didn't make the Playoffs until 3 years in, in the EASY EAST. Do you agree that the James and Wade Combo never really worked out all the way like many thought it would. Also do you agree that they're styles didn't really fit that well like say a Pippen and Jordan fit or a Green and Durant fit.

No, Love and Kyrie are great, but if they're your best player, you're not making the playoffs or won't stick around long if you do. Like Bosh and Pau. All of these guys were "the man" but always wrecked early but became champions when they sat shotgun.

And good for James, he stepped his game up and took garbage to the ECF.

That's why I wasn't sold on the Heat ruining the league when they joined. The league, in my eyes, was still going to be competitive. Bosh was overrated and Wade after the first year was injured a fair amount. Too many overlapping skill sets.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:04 PM
Care to show where lol? You making up BS is furthering my point.

You made this account in July yet remember my old posts? I forgot about calling others kid, that's another trademark of yours when you get mad.

I don't care to. You're a troll that is just trying to start a fight. You haven't said one thing about the subject of Durant going to the Warriors or how it relates to James failing with Multiple Hall of Famers in their prime.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 05:07 PM
They had the much bigger team. They could've posted up every time down and probably shot 60% every game as a team and dominated on the boards basically scoring on every possession. Also they could've controlled the pace that way. James has got to average more than 34. For how much he has the ball he has got to do more than that. He needs closer to 50 ppg or 16 assist per game. They also need to be assists for Dunks not 3's. You probably won't beat the Warriors shooting nothing but 3's which is pretty much what the Cavs did.

WTF? Thompson's not Barkley. 50 a game? Assists for dunks is more points than threes?

Go back to whatever rock you've crawled out of. This is probably the same buffoon that's been banned multiple times for basically posting garbage like this. Isn't that a permabanning? Where are the mods?

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 05:09 PM
I don't care to. You're a troll that is just trying to start a fight. You haven't said one thing about the subject of Durant going to the Warriors or how it relates to James failing with Multiple Hall of Famers in their prime.

Gopher hasn't talked about Durant to the Warriors? So you can talk about his (probably made up) posts from 3 years ago (from your banned account) but haven't read through multiple threads from the past few months?

mngopher35
07-24-2017, 05:09 PM

I am just calling out the troll who pops up every now and then. I know you won't do it because you lied in the first place lol. I don't need to respond to the BS you post because it's so laughable.

I will say I am glad you stopped by because Nasty quoting you as "finally someone that understands basketball" is easily the best part of the thread imo.

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 05:10 PM
I am just calling out the troll who pops up every now and then. I know you won't do it because you lied in the first place lol. I don't need to respond to the BS you post because it's so laughable.

I will say I am glad you stopped by because Nasty quoting you as "finally someone that understands basketball" is easily the best part of the thread imo.

Mine too. I LOL'd.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:12 PM
No, Love and Kyrie are great, but if they're your best player, you're not making the playoffs or won't stick around long if you do. Like Bosh and Pau. All of these guys were "the man" but always wrecked early but became champions when they sat shotgun.

And good for James, he stepped his game up and took garbage to the ECF.

That's why I wasn't sold on the Heat ruining the league when they joined. The league, in my eyes, was still going to be competitive. Bosh was overrated and Wade after the first year was injured a fair amount. Too many overlapping skill sets.

So why do you think James is so good. The 3 rings were all luck. 2012 was lucky they played OKC and not the Spurs. Pop, Parker, Duncan and ginobili all say that series was RIGGED big time against okc. That is the only time they have ever said anything about the refs in their entire careers. So it is fact it was really rigged. I watched it. They were letting Perkins punch players on every play. Someone in the league office probably just had something against the Spurs that season. Maybe a message they wanted to send to the Spurs front office for some transaction they made or something.

Then in 2013 Popovich threw the series in game 6 when he benched his best player.

Then in 2016 The Warriors were all injured and Green was suspended for no reason.

Never has James just won a clean Playoffs. Also it's been like 14 years yet nothing really much to show. Also there is not another real Superstar in the East over since D Wade in Miami. KG was barely a Superstar for only like 1 year with Boston. Pierce is not a real superstar in the true sense of the word Neither are scrubs like Derozan and lowery or Wall.

ewing
07-24-2017, 05:13 PM
This guy knows hoops

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:14 PM
Gopher hasn't talked about Durant to the Warriors? So you can talk about his (probably made up) posts from 3 years ago (from your banned account) but haven't read through multiple threads from the past few months?

saddletramp you're getting off topic. Keep it on Durant vs James which is what this topic is really about. Durant is much better. Durant can go to any team and win a Title pretty much.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:16 PM
Durant would've won a title in Cleveland with Shaq, Wallace, Jamison, Mo Williams, Hughes and all them. Then would've won 3-4 with Wade, Battier, Allen, Chalmers, Riley and all them. And would've won 3 in a row with Love, Irving, Smith, Thompson, and Jefferson.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:27 PM
James and the Cavs looked like TRASH in the Finals. That was the weakest performance, if we can even call if a performance in league history in the Finals by James and his Cavs. No team work at all. Just a lot of me ball. And a lot of giving up.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:31 PM
This guy know hoops

Thanks, you know the game too.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 05:52 PM
You do not understand basketball. Please stop posting.

IT's a free country and we all believe in Freedom of speech. you don't want others to speak because it exposes you.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 06:09 PM
Also the Warriors didn't even bother guarding James. They would just let him go to the rim unguarded every time. They were not guarding the lane at all.

Worked out for everyone tho. We get the w, which is all that matters to us. Lebron gets the stats, so he can lay blame elsewhere, which is what matters to him.

Truly a win win situation :)

Scoots
07-24-2017, 06:36 PM
Don't. Feed. Troll.

Chronz
07-24-2017, 06:46 PM

Finally someone that understands basketball. Lebron is no question the best player in the game, but in real life, you don't just add ppg together and see who's number is highest, haha.
You do realize you're quoting the ONLY cat in here citing simplistic ppg in his argument, right?

LMFAO, you've been on a roll lately man

eDush
07-24-2017, 07:07 PM

Finally someone that understands basketball. Lebron is no question the best player in the game, but in real life, you don't just add ppg together and see who's number is highest, haha.
You do realize you're quoting the ONLY cat in here citing simplistic ppg in his argument, right?

LMFAO, you've been on a roll lately manOkay you need to remove that sig like pronto cause KD never say that or I will report you! You can make it your own naive opinion but not in quotes from him!!!!
:mad:

Chronz
07-24-2017, 07:16 PM
Okay you need to remove that sig like pronto cause KD never say that or I will report you! You can make it your own naive opinion but not in quotes from him!!!!

He said it to me in a private text to me personally

Scoots
07-24-2017, 08:52 PM

Keep it.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 09:40 PM
Also had Durant went to the Wizards he would've beat James in 5 or 6 games just the same and then probably beat the Warriors in the Finals. So the james fans would still be whinning.

MarvinFinley
07-24-2017, 09:43 PM
It's slander and libel coming from a shady loser like chronz. He could definitely be sued. He is breaking the law.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 09:54 PM

LMFAO, you've been on a roll lately man

Maybe, but he's also the only cat that actually understands that being a better overall player doesn't necessarily mean you make any situation better by default.

Notice that literally the ONLY people crying about me being on a "roll" are all certified Warriors haters. Such as yourself (maybe mngopher isnt, but me and him are having simple English problems). Everyone else stay smackin on the popcorn ;)

WaDe03
07-24-2017, 10:45 PM
TodWilkinson!!!

WaDe03
07-24-2017, 10:46 PM
Okay you need to remove that sig like pronto cause KD never say that or I will report you! You can make it your own naive opinion but not in quotes from him!!!!

Reported.

bgdreton
07-24-2017, 11:04 PM
Oh man this tread is comedy.

I can understand the hate for Durant which is fine, but my only problem is you have to hate Lebron as well." Lebron created something new so its different" Ok so create lets a team with the number 1,4 and 5 players of the 2003 draft ( who are by they way are all franchise players individually) and try to win a chip. " But its different so its not unfair". Lol give me a break! The only reason we are even talking about this is because they didnt win 8 chips like they said. Because if they did the narrative would be Lebrons punk *** ruined the league for 8 years. Its only because the warriors seem unbeatable and the Heat failed (compared to what we all thought at the time)that Durants a cupcake and the warriors purchased their title. So all in all we are knocking Durant for doing it better than Lebron? Seriously??? I understand the salt but damn how we forget..

eDush
07-24-2017, 11:12 PM
It's slander and libel coming from a shady loser like chronz. He could definitely be sued. He is breaking the law.Chronz better hope KD doesn't see his sig or he will sue. I wonder if I should tweet this link to his feed? ;)

eDush
07-24-2017, 11:15 PM

Reported.Thanks for reporting him as I kindly warn him to take it down... :nod:

eDush
07-24-2017, 11:17 PM

Keep it.As in his sit? Oh so you want Chronz to get sued....I got it now ;)

FlashBolt
07-24-2017, 11:19 PM
As in his sit? Oh so you want Chronz to get sued....I got it now ;)

The courts would laugh and let you countersue for wasting everyone's time.. Go ahead and sue. Chronz getting all that attention would be worth it to him, LMAO.

nastynice
07-24-2017, 11:44 PM
The only reason we are even talking about this is because they didnt win 8 chips like they said. Because if they did the narrative would be Lebrons punk *** ruined the league for 8 years. Its only because the warriors seem unbeatable and the Heat failed (compared to what we all thought at the time)

This.

This.

Could not have said it better. Hate kd, it's all good, but when a lebron fan is gonna hate on him, expect to be called out on the hypocrisy. We (potentially) did what lebron THOUGHT he did, except failed at. Thanks to Dwayne "Benjamin button" Wade, lol.

Since when did failure become the thing to root for...?

Saddletramp
07-24-2017, 11:54 PM
This place has gone to ****.

bgdreton
07-25-2017, 12:01 AM
This.

This.

Could not have said it better. Hate kd, it's all good, but when a lebron fan is gonna hate on him, expect to be called out on the hypocrisy. We (potentially) did what lebron THOUGHT he did, except failed at. Thanks to Dwayne "Benjamin button" Wade, lol.

Since when did failure become the thing to root for...?

Thats the problem I have the warriors are being knocked for being too good? What were they supposed to do lol

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 12:02 AM
This place has gone to ****.

saddletramp, you are ****, you lost your debate bad. Just accept that you lost.

Saddletramp
07-25-2017, 12:09 AM
saddletramp, you are ****, you lost your debate bad. Just accept that you lost.

Hahahahahaha, ok bro. Troll on.

Chronz
07-25-2017, 12:21 AM
It's slander and libel coming from a shady loser like chronz. He could definitely be sued. He is breaking the law.

"I picture cronz in my sleep" MarvinFinley

ChiSox219
07-25-2017, 12:26 AM
Then be a man and ask the team to trade RWB lol. Seriously tho, you really think he would have come to GS had Curry stayed his injured self or if they were a ho-hum 48 win team or something? I highly doubt it, the dude was watching them play and instantly thought about the open shots/layups he would get with so little attention.

So yeah, you can call it the "system" I call it wanting nothing but the easiest shots possible for a talent like him. He doesn't want to bear the responsibility of carrying the system or carrying your teammates. Play the right way? What a load of crap, there is more than one way to skin a beast, KD just wanted the easiest path ever imagined, THATS why he did it.

I don't know man, asking for a teammate to be traded is definitely a ***** move. KD did his time and tried to make it work. The only season KD really played his game, Westbrook was hurt and KD won MVP.

The next time KD played without Westbrook, he won Finals MVP.

KD was definitely leaving OKC, if not for Golden State he's in Boston, San Antonio, or Miami. No doubt about that.

I get that joining the team that just won 73 and came back to win down 3-1 is a bad look. I just dont think KDs mentality was "lets take the easy route". Although I definitely relate to your sentiment, it's exactly how I felt about Horace Grant back in '95.

And here's the last thing to consider, the fact that the Warriors could even make the signing was such an incredible fluke. The massive cap spike instead of smoothing allowed the Warriors to have the cap space. Has there ever been a NBA "dynasty" that had all of there players signed and also had significant cap space? Does Shaq say no to signing a market value contract with the Bulls instead of the Lakers? Who the hell knows that kinda **** is unprecedented and it's hard for to be critical of someone thats takes by far the best offer on the table.

Chronz
07-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Keep it.

I lost it in a recent crash. I might have been confusing it with a letter I found that was lost in a recent accidental fire.

Chronz
07-25-2017, 12:37 AM
Maybe, but he's also the only cat that actually understands that being a better overall player doesn't necessarily mean you make any situation better by default.

Notice that literally the ONLY people crying about me being on a "roll" are all certified Warriors haters. Such as yourself (maybe mngopher isnt, but me and him are having simple English problems). Everyone else stay smackin on the popcorn ;)

Pretty sure everyone knows that, just nobody outside of Bron haters agree with your approximations of that fit/talent. Notice how the guy you quoted is literally listing the many situations where KD would have dominated/won over the likes of Bron/Dubs despite never displaying the ability in various situations. Yeah, totally unbiased backing there.

I dont hate the Warriors, I hate the spineless prick that joined them and only in the sense of debating sports. I could give 2 ****s about the guy off the court. And you may think its an issue of semantics between you and gopher but thats up for debate, pretty sure every other fan base repped in there thinks you're being obtuse but Im sure anyone who isn't a Bron Hater/Dubs fan is totally biased.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 12:46 AM
Calling a teams fan base that just won 2 out of 3 championships arrogant is a little short sighted don't you think?

So much irony behind this post.

ewing
07-25-2017, 12:48 AM
Whow , angry face

ewing
07-25-2017, 01:31 AM
So much irony behind this post.

I don't understand his post or your post

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Ewings angry everyone

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 01:37 AM
I don't understand his post or your post

It's more so the shortsightedness of some GS fans more than anything

nastynice
07-25-2017, 02:08 AM
Pretty sure everyone knows that, just nobody outside of Bron haters agree with your approximations of that fit/talent. Notice how the guy you quoted is literally listing the many situations where KD would have dominated/won over the likes of Bron/Dubs despite never displaying the ability in various situations. Yeah, totally unbiased backing there.

I dont hate the Warriors, I hate the spineless prick that joined them and only in the sense of debating sports. I could give 2 ****s about the guy off the court. And you may think its an issue of semantics between you and gopher but thats up for debate, pretty sure every other fan base repped in there thinks you're being obtuse but Im sure anyone who isn't a Bron Hater/Dubs fan is totally biased.

That's fine, anyone can list as many arguments as they want, the argument I pointed out is legit regardless of anything else.

Its cool to root against the warriors, but don't pour SO much salt that you let something historic pass you by without even enjoying it. I'm the same, I rooted against lebron in miami, but boyy, damn boy, them lobs they was throwing up in those first few years, holy **** that was TIGHT. Maybe that's why wade aged so fast, trying out athlete lebron done broke his *** down, haha. Even now, his rival is MY team, so OBVIOUSLY i'm a root against the guy, but I also enjoy the show. Always did. Its a hell of a show. And let me tell you as a warriors fan who got to watch one of basketball's all time legends full career (in lebron), boy, you ain't seen nothing yet. haha, barring injury, I'm telling you right now, you ain't seen nothing yet. Cuz that lebron show got an encore, and I think that encore gonna make you forget the earlier show :nod: lmao!

I can already see Curry's development. I can see what he's going to turn into. I see how he's navigating the floor differently, and how he's found out how to do it while staying an aggressive attacker. And then Durant is just filthy, he's just flat out ****in filthy, and the team will cater to that filthiness because when someone that filthy at something, you just let them do their thing. But that boy earn stripes on the other side of the court, don't get it twisted.

Just wait bro. I know its broken record at this point, but you ain't seen nothing yet :smoking:

ewing
07-25-2017, 08:20 AM
Oh man this tread is comedy.

I can understand the hate for Durant which is fine, but my only problem is you have to hate Lebron as well." Lebron created something new so its different" Ok so create lets a team with the number 1,4 and 5 players of the 2003 draft ( who are by they way are all franchise players individually) and try to win a chip. " But its different so its not unfair". Lol give me a break! The only reason we are even talking about this is because they didnt win 8 chips like they said. Because if they did the narrative would be Lebrons punk *** ruined the league for 8 years. Its only because the warriors seem unbeatable and the Heat failed (compared to what we all thought at the time)that Durants a cupcake and the warriors purchased their title. So all in all we are knocking Durant for doing it better than Lebron? Seriously??? I understand the salt but damn how we forget..

they all think everything should be a cake walk. The Warriors couldn't stop the Cavs in the finals either. Go get some rim protection and play better.

ewing
07-25-2017, 08:23 AM
It's more so the shortsightedness of some GS fans more than anything

how are they short sighted?

SteBO
07-25-2017, 08:43 AM
how are they short sighted?
Short sighted isn't the right word. More like willfully ignorant. It's one thing to criticize the pioneer (and LBJ is the pioneer for player empowerment), but to ignore nuance and pretend like the situations are even remotely comparable is laughable. And if you're a Dubs fan, who cares? Barring injury, your team is unbeatable at this point. Pointing out the full truth shouldn't bother you, but apparently it does.

But it's not hard to get. Some folks won't be happy until people rip LBJ to shreds for wanting help after 7 years of FO ineptitude in CLE. Dirtbag, amirite?

Scoots
07-25-2017, 08:53 AM
Im sure anyone who isn't a Bron Hater/Dubs fan is totally biased.

Doesn't that include you? :)

Scoots
07-25-2017, 09:01 AM
Short sighted isn't the right word. More like willfully ignorant. It's one thing to criticize the pioneer (and LBJ is the pioneer for player empowerment), but to ignore nuance and pretend like the situations are even remotely comparable is laughable. And if you're a Dubs fan, who cares? Barring injury, your team is unbeatable at this point. Pointing out the full truth shouldn't bother you, but apparently it does.

But it's not hard to get. Some folks won't be happy until people rip LBJ to shreds for wanting help after 7 years of FO ineptitude in CLE. Dirtbag, amirite?

If you are honest with yourself you can see parallels between KD's move and LeBron's moves. The same? Equal? No. But they are obvious to compare.

And before anybody gets upset with me, I honestly don't care at all about where players choose to go in free agency and what it means to their legacy or what it does to the NBA or even worse, what it means to their manliness. Didn't care when Tom Chambers did it FIRST. Didn't care when Barkley was doing it. Didn't care when LeBron was doing it. Don't care now.

mngopher35
07-25-2017, 11:15 AM
If you are honest with yourself you can see parallels between KD's move and LeBron's moves. The same? Equal? No. But they are obvious to compare.

And before anybody gets upset with me, I honestly don't care at all about where players choose to go in free agency and what it means to their legacy or what it does to the NBA or even worse, what it means to their manliness. Didn't care when Tom Chambers did it FIRST. Didn't care when Barkley was doing it. Didn't care when LeBron was doing it. Don't care now.

If you are honest with yourself you can see parallels between Lebron and tons of FA's throughout the history of the NBA. I like that you mention Chambers as first haha. Like sure there are a few similarities but you can pretty much say that about any FA ever if you try enough. It's the complete ignorance of the differences and attempt to equate the moves constantly by some fans (you have been one of the few solid warriors posters left in this regard).

What is far different is the level to which Durant stacked the deck and it is also part of the reason why Lebron got so much hate joining that level of talent. Now that it isn't Lebron though a good chunk of people who largely overreacted to his move want to ignore the extent to which Durant just stacked things. It has gotten comical at this point how much people want to ignore what Durant did simply to say "well there are a few similarity so lets just blame lebron etc". It was Durant's choice to run to the already set favorites in place and create the type of gap at the top of the league to ensure championships at this extreme level.

Like Nasty is a prime example of many Warriors/KD fans/Lebron haters at this point running with this rhetoric and he just quoted one of the bigger trolls on this site saying "see this guy gets it!" or whatever and talking about how he knows the game. It's so LOL worthy at this point and the Durant defense really does look like troll level stuff to most. The differences are obvious and most people do know that sure there were similarities (like hundreds of FA's and even non FA's before this). It is the differences of the moves that had people talking about Lebron/Heat differently when he made his move and now most can see the same with Durant (outside of the trolls essentially).

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 12:16 PM

Agreed.

SteBO
07-25-2017, 01:03 PM

Comparable in terms of the coverage and the star power? Sure. You aren't the fan I'm referencing, because you've been willing and still are willing to acknowledge how different it is. Every other Dubs fan aside from you and maybe tredigs, as well as every 'Bron hater on this board however, willfully ignore the details.

Like you, I'm all for player mobility. I think it's great for the league in general, because look at what it's created (year round NBA talk). But as an NBA fan before anything else in these discussions, I do care about league implications and I don't think it's unfair to question KD's competitiveness considering where he went and what he left (a legit title contender w/ a superstar in Westbrook). You're a Warriors fan, so I don't expect you to care. But at least you'll acknowledge the facts.

Vee-Rex
07-25-2017, 01:18 PM
When Steebs and Gopher are arguing points - pay attention.

WestCoastSportz
07-25-2017, 02:36 PM
If the Thunder were able to re-sign KD, he probably would have signed a deal that started at around $28M and would have put them over or near the cap, so they wouldn't have been able to sign Oladipo and that PG trade doesn't happen without Oladipo who is getting $21M a year. So there isn't way they would have seen Westbrook, Durant and PG on the same team.

eDush
07-25-2017, 08:01 PM
If the Thunder were able to re-sign KD, he probably would have signed a deal that started at around $28M and would have put them over or near the cap, so they wouldn't have been able to sign Oladipo and that PG trade doesn't happen without Oladipo who is getting $21M a year. So there isn't way they would have seen Westbrook, Durant and PG on the same team.KD would have taken less to get PG cause he is unselfish and wants to win as a team with talent, not as selfish and greedy losers that haters portray him as. Ofc this is all speculations since KD join the most team oriented with unselfish players in the league to be a part of and we welcome him. We don't want players who wants to be 'the man' like the greedy Barnes, trust me on this :nod:

nastynice
07-25-2017, 08:33 PM
If you are honest with yourself you can see parallels between Lebron and tons of FA's throughout the history of the NBA. I like that you mention Chambers as first haha. Like sure there are a few similarities but you can pretty much say that about any FA ever if you try enough. It's the complete ignorance of the differences and attempt to equate the moves constantly by some fans (you have been one of the few solid warriors posters left in this regard).

What is far different is the level to which Durant stacked the deck and it is also part of the reason why Lebron got so much hate joining that level of talent. Now that it isn't Lebron though a good chunk of people who largely overreacted to his move want to ignore the extent to which Durant just stacked things. It has gotten comical at this point how much people want to ignore what Durant did simply to say "well there are a few similarity so lets just blame lebron etc". It was Durant's choice to run to the already set favorites in place and create the type of gap at the top of the league to ensure championships at this extreme level.

Like Nasty is a prime example of many Warriors/KD fans/Lebron haters at this point running with this rhetoric and he just quoted one of the bigger trolls on this site saying "see this guy gets it!" or whatever and talking about how he knows the game. It's so LOL worthy at this point and the Durant defense really does look like troll level stuff to most. The differences are obvious and most people do know that sure there were similarities (like hundreds of FA's and even non FA's before this). It is the differences of the moves that had people talking about Lebron/Heat differently when he made his move and now most can see the same with Durant (outside of the trolls essentially).

I know I'm just a side note in the post, but you guys understand that I quoted one specific argument and then responded to only that, right? Like agreeing with a point someone makes isn't the same as agreeing with everything someone says. You guys get that, right?

I'm also a lebron fan so I'm not entirely sure where that whole hater thing came from..

He just chose the wrong era to play in. Cuz this our time baby! ;)

nastynice
07-25-2017, 08:38 PM

You say he's the pioneer yet in the same post say they aren't remotely comparable. Well which is it? lol

I'm not even hating on lebron when I say he started it, it's actually a compliment and I'm sure many stars around the league feel a bit indebted to him. He really seems to have started this shift in power to the players.

KD one upped him, CLEARLY. No ones saying it's the same exact thing. Ironic? Sure, sure it's ironic and that makes it all a little funny to me. But same exact thing? Na

AP1994
07-25-2017, 08:39 PM
What KD Did is much worse bc lebron didnt lose to the heat the year prior.

Also any chance you guys think Kyrie has any chance of going to the pistons?
Still holding out hope- found this today
https://rotoden.com/2017/07/25/kyrie-will-traded-pistons/

SteBO
07-25-2017, 08:52 PM
You say he's the pioneer yet in the same post say they aren't remotely comparable. Well which is it? lol

I'm not even hating on lebron when I say he started it, it's actually a compliment and I'm sure many stars around the league feel a bit indebted to him. He really seems to have started this shift in power to the players.

KD one upped him, CLEARLY. No ones saying it's the same exact thing. Ironic? Sure, sure it's ironic and that makes it all a little funny to me. But same exact thing? Na
I think you and others are getting caught up in the semantics. Are they comparable on the most basic level? Sure, hence why I can acknowledge on the front end that LBJ was the pioneer in terms player empowerment and mobility. Difference is he latched on to an already great team, something 'Bron didn't do.

One-upped him is a huge understatement imo.

mngopher35
07-25-2017, 08:53 PM
I know I'm just a side note in the post, but you guys understand that I quoted one specific argument and then responded to only that, right? Like agreeing with a point someone makes isn't the same as agreeing with everything someone says. You guys get that, right?

I'm also a lebron fan so I'm not entirely sure where that whole hater thing came from..

He just chose the wrong era to play in. Cuz this our time baby! ;)

He said he would bet a million dollars if James joined Curry/Green/Klay they would lose Curry would have 20 ppg James fans would say he sucks and you responded in your post with "finally someone that understands basketball". He is like the biggest troll around and reading that post/response was just hilarious. Like I can't believe you are still trying here.

I think your agenda/bias has been exposed in this thread, you may or may not hate James but the homer stuff would still apply as the reasoning.

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 08:57 PM
Minnesota boy, You got a problem. You can't look at James Finals record. That is with the best rosters in the NBA. So someone is biased and you're also a troll.

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 08:59 PM
I think you and others are getting caught up in the semantics. Are they comparable on the most basic level? Sure, hence why I can acknowledge on the front end that LBJ was the pioneer in terms player empowerment and mobility. Difference is he latched on to an already great team, something 'Bron didn't do.

One-upped him is a huge understatement imo.

He still Joined up with Wade who was maybe the best player in the NBA. Durant joined Curry and Thompson and Green.

SteBO
07-25-2017, 09:03 PM
He still Joined up with Wade who was maybe the best player in the NBA. Durant joined Curry and Thompson and Green.
If that's all you got to counter my point, then we're done here. You just named one superstar, and in the same post named two All-Stars and a superstar/unanimous MVP that KD joined. Do better.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-25-2017, 09:05 PM
Wade referenced as the best player in the NBA. All you need to know here.

TrueFan420
07-25-2017, 09:14 PM
I love how Bosh is just some dude... he averaged 24 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.5 apg on a playoff teaam before he joined forces with Wade & Bron. Those 3 tired to create a legendary squad and ultimately failed because their skillsets where a bad mesh and yet on pure talent and being better they ended up in 4 straight finals and won 2. Bosh sacrificed the most during their time together so many forget what he was prior to their joining forces but he wasn't just some dude like some like to make him out to be.

tredigs
07-25-2017, 09:18 PM
Wade referenced as the best player in the NBA. All you need to know here.

Wade was without question a top 5 player in the NBA, so it's not exactly a non-sensical statement (thought not true - the guy who joined him in Miami was better). The two seasons prior to LBJ's arrival he was putting up 28/7/5 with a >29 PER and .230 WS/48 and 17.7 VORP (hint: massive). Playoffs an efficient 31/5/6, but when your 2nd best player is Michael Beasley you're not making much noise. He was DOMINANT, and proved as much in trying to carry LBJ to victory over the clearly outmatched Mavericks in 2010 Finals (LBJ however echoed his close against Boston the prior year in the Eastern Conference Finals and cowarded in defeat). It is what it is.

FlashBolt
07-25-2017, 09:25 PM
I love how Bosh is just some dude... he averaged 24 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.5 apg on a playoff teaam before he joined forces with Wade & Bron. Those 3 tired to create a legendary squad and ultimately failed because their skillsets where a bad mesh and yet on pure talent and being better they ended up in 4 straight finals and won 2. Bosh sacrificed the most during their time together so many forget what he was prior to their joining forces but he wasn't just some dude like some like to make him out to be.

Playoff team? Lmao, they won like one game in seven years with Bosh - indicative of just how "good" Bosh is when the playoffs come around. His numbers were great but we're seeing guys average insane numbers on bad teams but not be able to adjust their game on winning teams. That's all that matters. 24/10/2.5 are very solid numbers but when it doesn't translate to solid results, they're just empty numbers. Why do we act as if Bosh was winning anything? I mean, you're a Warriors fan, right? Didn't you witness more than a handful of seasons in which Monta just stat-stuffed but generated few wins?

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 09:25 PM
If that's all you got to counter my point, then we're done here. You just named one superstar, and in the same post named two All-Stars and a superstar/unanimous MVP that KD joined. Do better.

Wade is probably a better overall player than Curry. Curry just has the three point line. But Other than that Wade is about twice the player. Overall though Wade is still probably better because he's had several seasons of 27+ ppg year in and year out. Also was in his prime about 28 when he joined them. Same as Curry but curry had several seasons of around 18 ppg. And his Career average was only about 23 when Durant joined Curry. Wade had a career average of 26 ppg with 50% shooting. Also already had a rigged championship. Also

Lebron was joining Riley's team and Riley has 4 World Championships as a Coach and 2 as a player.

So that is part of it.

Also Chris Bosh was considered by some to be a top 10 player in that era. He had several consecutive 25/ 10 seasons and several All Star game starts even. Lebron and them liked him because they threw a PRE Championship Parade for Miami and for theirselves with James, Wade and Bosh being there on stage. They all said they would win 8 Championships. So they thought of it as like James joining PRime Karl Malone and Prime Clyde Drexler. It was more hyped than the Durant signing. The Durant signing was basically a footnote on July the 3. No Parade, No one saying they would win 8 Titles.

Yes, Durant joined a slightly better team in preciption and a much better one in reality. Also Durant FITS with the team he joined. James doesn't really fit anywhere. His best seasons are when he's the only player that has the ball the entire time.

No one is saying Durant didn't do what James did BUT MUCH BETTER. He beat James at his own game. And it was sort of out of no where. It was like he didn't even care about the Warriors. He just wants to beat James all of a sudden after not being in the finals for 4 years. I wanted Durant to leave for 3-4 years but didn't know he would go to the Warriors. I thought there was a possibility for him to though because he fits the way they play so well. Most teams today don't play team ball. Spurs do but Popovich isn't a players coach I don't think and Durant wasn't going to do that. Wizards have ball hogs, he's not going there.

He did what James does all the time but BETTER by one all star.

FlashBolt
07-25-2017, 09:39 PM
I think Wade was better than James. And many in Miami thought that too. I have thousands of reasons and I don't even like Wade at all. and Yes the 2006 Finals was the most rigged thing ever. More rigged than the Drafts from 11-14. Maybe Wade didn't always give effort but raw talent he is better. He could score in traffic and had a much better mir range, footwork, inside game, fakes, etc etc. He's better. He just didn't care most of the time and honestly was one of those players that is happy having April, May, and June off. But talent for talent he's better.

I agree. You're correct on everything. You make such valid points. Thanks for the insight!

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Wade was without question a top 5 player in the NBA, so it's not exactly a non-sensical statement (thought not true - the guy who joined him in Miami was better). The two seasons prior to LBJ's arrival he was putting up 28/7/5 with a >29 PER and .230 WS/48 and 17.7 VORP (hint: massive). Playoffs an efficient 31/5/6, but when your 2nd best player is Michael Beasley you're not making much noise. He was DOMINANT, and proved as much in trying to carry LBJ to victory over the clearly outmatched Mavericks in 2010 Finals (LBJ however echoed his close against Boston the prior year in the Eastern Conference Finals and cowarded in defeat). It is what it is.

I think Wade was better than James. And many in Miami thought that too. I have thousands of reasons and I don't even like Wade at all. and Yes the 2006 Finals was the most rigged thing ever. More rigged than the Drafts from 11-14. Maybe Wade didn't always give effort but raw talent he is better. He could score in traffic and had a much better mir range, footwork, inside game, fakes, etc etc. He's better. He just didn't care most of the time and honestly was one of those players that is happy having April, May, and June off. But talent for talent he's better. And the only reason James cares so much is because he's written soo many verbal checks. He's not someone that just loves the game and a Gamer or baller.

TrueFan420
07-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Playoff team? Lmao, they won like one game in seven years with Bosh - indicative of just how "good" Bosh is when the playoffs come around. His numbers were great but we're seeing guys average insane numbers on bad teams but not be able to adjust their game on winning teams. That's all that matters. 24/10/2.5 are very solid numbers but when it doesn't translate to solid results, they're just empty numbers. Why do we act as if Bosh was winning anything? I mean, you're a Warriors fan, right? Didn't you witness more than a handful of seasons in which Monta just stat-stuffed but generated few wins?

They still made it there. Albeit in the east. Monta wasn't dragging a team to playoffs no matter the conference. I'm not acting like Bosh was winning it all or even that he was in the same tier as Bron or Wade but for some to claim he's just some dude is a joke. Bosh was a very good player. Where some of his stats empty... maybe but let's not act like he wasn't an All-Star and consider a top talent in the league. When Bron joined Wade and Bosh both were considered more talented than Klay and Green. Curry is the best of the bunch and yes the warriors had a top 3 while adding KD to a top 2 while adding Bron but Chronz keeps referring to them as two guys and scrubs and that's straight BS. Bosh was underrated and essential to them. He completely changed his game to better the team only difference is his skillset wasn't built for it like Green.

Edit: biggest difference is Klay and Green can mesh with any player or team concept. Wade and Bosh didn't mesh with Bron. But they were the most talented team in the NBA at the time.

tredigs
07-25-2017, 09:46 PM
I think Wade was better than James. And many in Miami thought that too. I have thousands of reasons and I don't even like Wade at all. and Yes the 2006 Finals was the most rigged thing ever. More rigged than the Drafts from 11-14. Maybe Wade didn't always give effort but raw talent he is better. He could score in traffic and had a much better mir range, footwork, inside game, fakes, etc etc. He's better. He just didn't care most of the time and honestly was one of those players that is happy having April, May, and June off. But talent for talent he's better. And the only reason James cares so much is because he's written soo many verbal checks. He's not someone that just loves the game and a Gamer or baller.

When it came down to it in the 2011 Finals yes Wade was better, but Bron has more in his arsenal with his speed/size and vision coupled with his bbiq. They were close in 2010/11 and even for most of 2012 (which granted was the Wade LBJ ultimately joined), but prime for prime it's LBJ without question and he took over the team in year 2.

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 09:49 PM
Then James when he got tired of Wade, Bosh, Riley and Allen Up and left out of no where to got to a HAND PICKED RIGGED TEAM THE LEAGUE STACKED FOR HIM TO RETURN. Kevin Love led the Wolves to more wins than Wiggins and K. Towns have. They won 40 games and would've made the playoffs every season in the West with his second best player being Ricky Rubio. Kevin Love had a 27 and 13 season and is one of the best passing forwards in the NBA. He was on the All NBA second team. He was 26 years old. The Cavs got him for nothing just by a rigged draft.
They also got Kyrie Irving with the first pick who is working out as a great scorer in the NBA.
Also the Knicks gave them Shrumpert, and Smith for NOTHING!@!

FlashBolt
07-25-2017, 09:53 PM
James and Wade play different. James plays more like Harden and Westbrook just bigger. Wade plays like Kobe.

What? Lmao, Wade's game was 10x like Harden's moreso than Kobe.. Hell, DeRozan is more Kobe than Wade is Kobe.. What are you talking about, dude?

MarvinFinley
07-25-2017, 09:54 PM
James plays more like Harden and Westbrook just bigger. Wade plays like Kobe. Wade can actually score more in a tough playoff game and no, I'm not counting those rigged Finals games from 06 where Stern was trying to get back at Cuban. I'm talking about other Rounds that Wade was in that weren't rigged. Also his assists are about the same as James but better because he passes to the rim and James only passes to long jumpers the entire game. Wade is a better shot blocker and is better at steals. Also he's quicker and more agile. Basically more athletic. James is just bigger and has the ball more. More like Westbrook but 6'8 250.

FlashBolt
07-25-2017, 09:55 PM
They still made it there. Albeit in the east. Monta wasn't dragging a team to playoffs no matter the conference. I'm not acting like Bosh was winning it all or even that he was in the same tier as Bron or Wade but for some to claim he's just some dude is a joke. Bosh was a very good player. Where some of his stats empty... maybe but let's not act like he wasn't an All-Star and consider a top talent in the league. When Bron joined Wade and Bosh both were considered more talented than Klay and Green. Curry is the best of the bunch and yes the warriors had a top 3 while adding KD to a top 2 while adding Bron but Chronz keeps referring to them as two guys and scrubs and that's straight BS. Bosh was underrated and essential to them. He completely changed his game to better the team only difference is his skillset wasn't built for it like Green.

Edit: biggest difference is Klay and Green can mesh with any player or team concept. Wade and Bosh didn't mesh with Bron. But they were the most talented team in the NBA at the time.

Bosh gets absolutely destroyed against opposing frontcourts during the playoffs. I can give you NUMEROUS examples where he just plays way below average. Bosh is a very good player but people tried to paint him as elite. That wasn't elite.

tredigs
07-25-2017, 09:57 PM
Also Wade > Curry up there MarvinFinley? Close but again can't concur. The 3pt line DOES exist (we taking the FT line away from Wade?), and Curry has not only the 3pt shot, but incredible ball handling + mid range shooting coupled with some of the best rim finishes in the game. Bobby Knight called him the best passer he had ever seen at the college level, and while hyperbole is in effect there to be sure lol, he has an insane passing game as well. The advanced stats and production back it up. Prime Curry is better than prime Wade.

That said, Wade was a true #1 alpha/top player and LBJ joining him along with the 2nd best big in the Conference was questioned accordingly. Myself? Had no problem with it. I actually loved seeing how good they could be. But, they fell short of expectations.