Defensive 1st Team:
Defensive 2nd Team:
MVP:
DPOY:
Best International:

Lakers + Giants
07-18-2017, 09:37 PM
Lakers fans: Fill it up with lakers.

Trolls: It's just SL (Yet were the first to criticize Lonzo after a SL game)

This thread wont end well.

hugepatsfan
07-18-2017, 11:33 PM
Lakers fans: Fill it up with lakers.

Trolls: It's just SL (Yet were the first to criticize Lonzo after a SL game)

This thread wont end well.

Bad play in summer league should mean more. Summer league is obviously weaker than the NBA. If someone struggles there the. That's a huge warning sign that they won't make it in the NBA since you're already playing lesser competition. But if someone succeeds in the SL then there's still a huge jump to make so they could still struggle to make it. Summer league is much better for exposing flaws and who can't play that it is hifhlighting who can. The bad definitely weighs more heavily than the good.

LA_Raiders
07-19-2017, 12:16 AM
Ingram and ball looked solid, add a couple all stars next year and we are back in the hunt.

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2017, 02:43 AM
Bad play in summer league should mean more. Summer league is obviously weaker than the NBA. If someone struggles there the. That's a huge warning sign that they won't make it in the NBA since you're already playing lesser competition. But if someone succeeds in the SL then there's still a huge jump to make so they could still struggle to make it. Summer league is much better for exposing flaws and who can't play that it is hifhlighting who can. The bad definitely weighs more heavily than the good.

You're right but It still doesn't mean you can automatically assume someone is a bust if they don't perform well in the SL though. I mean honestly most of these kids are still around 19-20 going up against some life long D-Leaguers or some players that have been in the NBA for a minute already (Kendall Marshall). As for Lonzo, he was getting **** for missing shots, honestly a lot of which were open. Yea you can say they were leaving him open for a reason, but tbh he was making those in college. SL works both ways, especially when thinking of PGs like Lonzo. He was able to create for teammates that aren't even that good, I think it will translate with better players. He will also be facing better defenders and quicker guards. I just don't think you can judge a player based off of SL. Lavar did paint a huge red target on his back though.

Laker Legend42
07-19-2017, 03:31 AM
Just like this year in sl most of the top draftees don't play that many games. I do agree if a player looks horrible in sl that's a bad sign. I wonder how many guys that played substantial minutes in sl and stunk up the joint went on to have good nba careers. One thing that stuck out to me when dangelo Russell was in summer league. I believe it was the lakers first offensive possession. He got an eight second violation. The turnovers never stopped

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 09:43 AM

furthermore, SL is more geared towards guards to succeed, since it's basically pickup ball with a few plays drawn. Bigs rarely look dominant in SL. The guys with the ball in their hands 80% of the time will always look the best (or worst) in makeshift games.

SL represents almost nothing. We have seen good players look bad, bad players look good, and everything in between. You want to look for key things that make a player successful at their position, and if they can do any of it. The results themselves don't matter really.

Hawkeye15
07-19-2017, 09:45 AM
You're right but It still doesn't mean you can automatically assume someone is a bust if they don't perform well in the SL though. I mean honestly most of these kids are still around 19-20 going up against some life long D-Leaguers or some players that have been in the NBA for a minute already (Kendall Marshall). As for Lonzo, he was getting **** for missing shots, honestly a lot of which were open. Yea you can say they were leaving him open for a reason, but tbh he was making those in college. SL works both ways, especially when thinking of PGs like Lonzo. He was able to create for teammates that aren't even that good, I think it will translate with better players. He will also be facing better defenders and quicker guards. I just don't think you can judge a player based off of SL. Lavar did paint a huge red target on his back though.

both true. He struggled at times to get by defenders, and he will face nothing but way better defenders once real games start. Alternatively, he will also have players alongside him that are much better at getting open and available, and hitting shots, as well as pulling defenders away from him.

So yep, nothing to read, except we know he sees the floor well, and can pass the ball. Now he needs to show he can create those opportunities against NBA level defenders.

goingfor28
07-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Brice Johnson MVP for spinning past and throwing down with Ball trying to defend him

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Lakers + Giants
07-19-2017, 09:59 PM
I watched summer league when we got Barnes and Draymond and also watched every Warrior game when Klay Thompson was drafted. I wanted to see if my dream was right that we could replace Monta and actually begin competing one day. It's good to have an opinion going into Training camp based on your organizations high expectations on certain guys.

Exactly. :clap:

JAZZNC
07-20-2017, 12:05 AM
Donovan Mitchell is basically what you'd end up with if Kawhi, Pippen, and Tony Allen had a love child....greatest defender ever. It's pretty obvious if you watched summer league. Jazz supremacy is on the way yo!

Rush
07-20-2017, 04:56 AM
I had to delete around 30 posts in this thread for unnecessary baiting, insults, or bickering related posts. Stop. If it continues the thread will be locked.

jaydubb
07-20-2017, 05:55 AM
Wow! Most of this thread has been deleted! I missed the action.. :/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

TheDish87
07-20-2017, 09:16 AM
if certain people could understand a post this thread would be fine. dues got all defensive and misread the post about no way any of us seen enough SL to be able to confidently give out the awards in the OP.

GREATNESS ONE
07-20-2017, 09:39 AM
if certain people could understand a post this thread would be fine. dues got all defensive and misread the post about no way any of us seen enough SL to be able to confidently give out the awards in the OP.

I was there live for all the games Friday and Saturday, I also watched every SL game the Lakers played and a few other games, I wanted to watch Fultz, DSJ, etc

I actually could fill most of that OP.

TheDish87
07-20-2017, 09:53 AM
he said 'most cant' thats cool if you can, it was prob fun as hell seeing most of those games/players. But there was also the Utah and Orlando SL leagues

Scoots
07-20-2017, 10:42 AM

Not really. KD struggled in Summer League and word was he was too skinny.

All Summer League is about is teams getting to know what it's like to coach their new kids, kids getting that pro-ball cherry popped, and MOSTLY about kids without a team to audition again to get a job.

eDush
07-29-2017, 03:00 PM

Not really. KD struggled in Summer League and word was he was too skinny.

All Summer League is about is teams getting to know what it's like to coach their new kids, kids getting that pro-ball cherry popped, and MOSTLY about kids without a team to audition again to get a job.I heard that argument but I didn't believe it since many players with KD build became dominant ballers. AD is very dominant since he got to the league. Wiggins but okay, he might be an exception lol. I had KD over Oden but didn't think he would end up being a bust like he had become :(

Scoots
07-29-2017, 03:05 PM
I heard that argument but I didn't believe it since many players with KD build became dominant ballers. AD is very dominant since he got to the league. Wiggins but okay, he might be an exception lol. I had KD over Oden but didn't think he would end up being a bust like he had become :(

KD became a bust? You make less sense by the day? Are you reading what you respond to before you respond? Are you reading what you write?

eDush
07-29-2017, 05:53 PM
I heard that argument but I didn't believe it since many players with KD build became dominant ballers. AD is very dominant since he got to the league. Wiggins but okay, he might be an exception lol. I had KD over Oden but didn't think he would end up being a bust like he had become :(

KD became a bust? You make less sense by the day? Are you reading what you respond to before you respond? Are you reading what you write?I meant Oden which should be obvious lol. I didn't know Oden would end up being a bust, just not as good as KD when drafted. I don't recall if I had MJ over any other player during that draft.
:shrug: