PDA

View Full Version : Pierce retires a Celtic

mrblisterdundee
07-18-2017, 06:20 PM
The Celtics signed Paul Pierce so he could retire with his original team:

He showed up at his old haunt, the Boston Celtics practice facility in Waltham, Massachusetts, wearing a throwback Inglewood T-shirt and a pair of Brooklyn Nets basketball shorts.
"Hey Danny, see this?'' said Paul Pierce, tugging at the silver and black of the Nets. "This is where you sent me!"
Suffice to say, all is forgiven. Pierce followed Boston president of basketball operations Danny Ainge into his office, pulled on a Celtics green T-shirt and signed a one-day contract with the team that drafted him 19 seasons earlier. Then, once the paperwork was completed, Pierce officially retired.
"Like I said from the beginning,'' Pierce told ESPN on Monday night, "I always wanted to retire as a Celtic. We did it quietly. No need to make a spectacle out of it.''
- Jackie MacMullan, ESPN (http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/20092536/nba-paul-pierce-reflects-retiring-celtic)

GREATNESS ONE
07-18-2017, 07:07 PM
Did they retire his wheelchair too?

TrueFan420
07-18-2017, 07:59 PM
Did they retire his wheelchair too?

Lol dude I was gonna make a wheelchair joke too but glad he went back to retire there. He's had a great career and should retire a Celtic.

Lakers + Giants
07-18-2017, 08:10 PM
"They don't love you like that. You aint got that type of love. You thought you was KOBE?!?!" - Draymond Green

Speaking TRUTH. Yes, pun intended.

aman_13
07-18-2017, 08:25 PM
"They don't love you like that. You aint got that type of love. You thought you was KOBE?!?!" - Draymond Green

Speaking TRUTH. Yes, pun intended.

Green talks too much.

Ishkabibble
07-18-2017, 09:18 PM
Green talks too much.

Green's a putz and a tired, played-out act.

KB24PG16
07-18-2017, 09:30 PM
ainge finally made a move :clap: