PDA

View Full Version : Mbah a Moute headed to Rockets

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2017, 01:07 AM
Houston has added another tough, versatile defender:

Free agent Luc Mbah a Moute has reached an agreement with the Houston Rockets, league sources tell ESPN.
- Chris Haynes, ESPN (https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/886701940087767040)

TrueFan420
07-17-2017, 02:57 AM
Any word on how much and does this effect them getting Melo?

Heediot
07-17-2017, 05:47 AM
I love this signing. Another guy like Tucker who knows his role and do the dirty work for them.

They still need a backup PG, but those guys are a dime a dozen and the rules nowadays make it easier for fringe nba players at the 1 to be effective in that role.

PurpleLynch
07-17-2017, 06:53 AM
They need a third star if they want to compete with GS, but this is a good signing anyway for them, they also need enforcers from the bench.

mightybosstone
07-17-2017, 07:55 AM
Any word on how much and does this effect them getting Melo?

It's for the veteran minimum, and it should have zero impact on their chances to get Melo.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2017, 08:09 AM
Good replacement if they strike out on Melo

TrueFan420
07-17-2017, 10:22 AM
It's for the veteran minimum, and it should have zero impact on their chances to get Melo.

You think there's any chance this means their willing to include ariza for Melo now? They seem to be struggling to finalize and Ariza could the piece to push it in their favor. With this signing and Tucker they have some defensive cover at the 3 now.

mightybosstone
07-17-2017, 10:43 AM
You think there's any chance this means their willing to include ariza for Melo now? They seem to be struggling to finalize and Ariza could the piece to push it in their favor. With this signing and Tucker they have some defensive cover at the 3 now.
I kinda doubt it. I honestly think Ariza is a big piece of the reason why Paul came to Houston, and he's very close with James. As crazy as it sounds, I think Gordon or Capela would be dealt before Trevor, even though I think they're both superior players. But, personally, if it meant that the Rockets could get Melo, I would have no qualms whatsoever with Ariza getting dealt.

TrueFan420
07-17-2017, 10:52 AM
I kinda doubt it. I honestly think Ariza is a big piece of the reason why Paul came to Houston, and he's very close with James. As crazy as it sounds, I think Gordon or Capela would be dealt before Trevor, even though I think they're both superior players. But, personally, if it meant that the Rockets could get Melo, I would have no qualms whatsoever with Ariza getting dealt.

It would be tough for you guys to lose either of Gordon or Capella. Ariza has the length you guys need to match up with the warriors. Capella is too important to pair with Melo when you play small ball. As tough as it would be to lose that extra scoring punch and creator I'd have to say Gordon is the odd man out even tho he's probably the most talented of the 3. But yea if were in your situation I'd say the same add all the top end talent you can and then figure out the other pieces after.

Chronz
07-17-2017, 11:03 AM
Great signing was hoping he would follow cp3, the 2 have great chemistry and he's capable of being the small ball 4 who can hit wide open shots if he has like 3 seconds for his wind up

I'm not seeing the importance of Eric Gordon tho, they should flip him if they can get Melo

mightybosstone
07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
I'm not seeing the importance of Eric Gordon tho, they should flip him if they can get Melo

Gordon was huge for the Rockets last season. He's probably the best pure shooter on the roster, he was the second best shot creator on the team behind Harden and his defense was above average. Adding Paul certainly makes Gordon's role a little less significant, but losing Gordon would still absolutely be a massive blow. He's instant offense off the bench, and if they lose Anderson in a Melo deal, I don't think they can afford to lose him, too. They need as many quality 3-point shooters in the rotation as they can get.

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2017, 11:22 AM
Great signing was hoping he would follow cp3, the 2 have great chemistry and he's capable of being the small ball 4 who can hit wide open shots if he has like 3 seconds for his wind up

He kept the offense humming when Harden left the floor. He's not quite as important now that one of Harden or Paul can always be on the court, but Gordon's still a deadly offensive option. Houston would be smart to keep him, especially after losing Williams.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-17-2017, 02:26 PM
He kept the offense humming when Harden left the floor. He's not quite as important now that one of Harden or Paul can always be on the court, but Gordon's still a deadly offensive option. Houston would be smart to keep him, especially after losing Williams.

So far it seems most teams don't want Ryan Anderson. So Rockets don't have much else to offer even if Ariza, Gordon, Capela are off the table.

Scoots
07-17-2017, 03:07 PM
They can trade 2020 first round pick.

Mbah a Moute seems like he's not really special at anything but he's not bad either. Good role player.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-17-2017, 03:29 PM
2020 pick isn't anything special. Unless Harden and CP3 regress like this season on out or they all bolt for banana boat elsewhere.

TrueFan420
07-17-2017, 04:46 PM
2020 pick isn't anything special. Unless Harden and CP3 regress like this season on out or they all bolt for banana boat elsewhere.

yea but the knicks need to rebuild even if its a late pick its better then nothing. its that anderson deal they cant take on

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2017, 05:26 PM
So far it seems most teams don't want Ryan Anderson. So Rockets don't have much else to offer even if Ariza, Gordon, Capela are off the table.

Houston already shot its load to get Paul. I would rather wait for New York to get desperate and buy Anthony out. Houston would probably have first dibs to pick him up, especially with LeBron not recruiting for Cleveland.

GiantsSwaGG
07-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Houston already shot its load to get Paul. I would rather wait for New York to get desperate and buy Anthony out. Houston would probably have first dibs to pick him up, especially with LeBron not recruiting for Cleveland.

NY isn't buying out Melo, Houston's on the clock I think Mills mission is to convince Melo to expand his list or hope the Cavs come up with a better trade offer!

Cracka2HI!
07-17-2017, 10:12 PM
I like this signing but I'm not sure what is threadworthy anymore. We have this thread this, Ben Simmons making a couple shots in practice, Jamal Crawford, Dedmon, yet no thread when The Clippers got Gallo or the best player in Europe Milos. However, since I'm in here there is something I want to know about Houston....why are they trying to get Melo and who could they possibly be trading for him? I have to imagine Ryan Anderson is in the deal. I know Melo is a WAY better player but isn't Anderson a WAY better fit with The Rockets? How can The Rockets build off last season if they bring in players that don't fit the system in any way? On the topic of the thread...I really like this signing. I think Houston looks great on paper right now. I think they have really improved their D with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. Where are the minutes for them if Melo is brought in? I think they would look worse with Melo. I think people are severely underrating how much of a prick CP3 can be to his teammates if it is assumed he will work fine with players who play D like Harden and Melo.

Scoots
07-17-2017, 11:01 PM

They are not going to buy him out ... they will wait him out.

Scoots
07-17-2017, 11:02 PM
I like this signing but I'm not sure what is threadworthy anymore. We have this thread this, Ben Simmons making a couple shots in practice, Jamal Crawford, Dedmon, yet no thread when The Clippers got Gallo or the best player in Europe Milos. However, since I'm in here there is something I want to know about Houston....why are they trying to get Melo and who could they possibly be trading for him? I have to imagine Ryan Anderson is in the deal. I know Melo is a WAY better player but isn't Anderson a WAY better fit with The Rockets? How can The Rockets build off last season if they bring in players that don't fit the system in any way? On the topic of the thread...I really like this signing. I think Houston looks great on paper right now. I think they have really improved their D with Tucker and Mbah a Moute. Where are the minutes for them if Melo is brought in? I think they would look worse with Melo. I think people are severely underrating how much of a prick CP3 can be to his teammates if it is assumed he will work fine with players who play D like Harden and Melo.

Threadworthy is a mystery to me too. I figure if someone wants to make the thread and the responses are on topic might as well leave it there. If there is no interest and it doesn't fill with trolls it'll drop off the first page soon enough.

rhino17
07-17-2017, 11:07 PM

Well this is exactly the reason Houston won't give up anything more than Anderson. I think he fits fine at the 4 in the Rocket's system. He shoots pretty comparably to Anderson given the same opportunities. And he is more versatile offensively. But anything more than anderson makes them worse

As for this being thread worthy, I agree. I'm a Rockets fan and I have no opinion on the signing. I doubt any non-rockets fans do. Teams signing 10th men aren't thread worthy imo

europagnpilgrim
07-18-2017, 12:07 AM

I doubt it but you never know, I would feel having a 3 headed wing monster is the only way to try and contain a team as high powered as the Warriors and you could throw Ariza/Tucker/Moute at KD and outside of Tucker the other 2 can at least put a effort against Klay/Curry with CP3 there to do his best at Curry, it doesn't get any better equipped than that outside of a Lebron/T Allen duo to try and matchup with the Dubs, hell even Lebron cant contain KD for most part only he can match him offensively which makes it a wash since KD cant contain him either

if the Rockets can get Melo without giving up a combo of Gordon/Ariza/Capela it will pose a threat to Dubs but probably will come up short in a barn burner 6 game set, time will tell if it all comes together but I would like to see it happen from a competitive standpoint, that is a lot of starpower to get big ratings for sure

Vinylman
07-18-2017, 11:05 AM
They are not going to buy him out ... they will wait him out.

pretty sure they will if he opts out of next year... probably wouldn't even have to discount this year that much to get them to do it....

goingfor28
07-18-2017, 11:17 AM
This is a great pick up

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
07-18-2017, 11:59 AM
no way he can sustain his 3 point shooting from last year, but it gives the Rockets yet another defender that can switch on picks and guard a couple of different positions, which you need to be able to do in order to guard GS/Cleveland.

For the minimum, nice pickup, even though it won't mean anything in the win column over the course of the year.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-18-2017, 05:40 PM

I made a Moute thread a long time ago back when he was with the Bucks and it got moved to the Bucks forum. That's how things go. hahahah