PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo to Pelicans - 1 Year Deal

NYKnickFanatic
07-15-2017, 01:40 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719213-rajon-rondo-pelicans-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-contract

Thoughts?

Does Rondo come off the bench or does Jrue? Do they start them together?

hugepatsfan
07-15-2017, 01:54 PM
Regardless of who starts, I think they'll want to stagger minutes so you have one of them on the court at all times to run the offense.

mightybosstone
07-15-2017, 02:01 PM
You don't pay Holiday $126 million to come off the bench. That would be insane. Rondo is probably the first guard off the bench, and I could see them playing both guys on the roster at the same time in certain lineups.

As much as I'm not a fan of Rondo and really never have been, this is a solid move by New Orleans. They really needed more playmakers on this team, especially given Holiday's injury history. They could also use more veterans, so if Rondo has matured a little bit, he could feasibly (although maybe not likely) be a positive locker room presence. And at one year, there's basically no risk involved in the deal.

ChitownbullsBG7
07-15-2017, 03:37 PM
You don't pay Holiday $126 million to come off the bench. That would be insane. Rondo is probably the first guard off the bench, and I could see them playing both guys on the roster at the same time in certain lineups.

As much as I'm not a fan of Rondo and really never have been, this is a solid move by New Orleans. They really needed more playmakers on this team, especially given Holiday's injury history. They could also use more veterans, so if Rondo has matured a little bit, he could feasibly (although maybe not likely) be a positive locker room presence. And at one year, there's basically no risk involved in the deal.

He was a good locker room guys the last 2 seasons, Especially for the young guys. He even took his benching pretty well which was a surprise.

ewing
07-15-2017, 03:48 PM
Him and Cousins are a good match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYKnickFanatic
07-15-2017, 03:57 PM
Him and Cousins are a good match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They did have that chemistry on the Kings.

Scoots
07-15-2017, 04:24 PM
The Pels are the most talented/worst run team in the NBA. I hope they turn the corner this year, but they have a lot of tough decisions in front of them.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-15-2017, 05:32 PM
So this must cancel out the Reggie Jackson trade rumor then. Guess Pistons probably wanted a better offer then Moore and Ajinca.

Chapin78
07-15-2017, 08:00 PM
How much was the deal for?

Not a bad move as it only cost money for one year instead of trading for Jackson.

kobe4thewinbang
07-16-2017, 01:27 AM
I would've been tolerant of him as a Laker although I'd have preferred him as one with Kobe, but I'm glad they did not sign him especially after Ball's surprising SL showing. Rondo will help get Cousins and Davis easier shot opportunities and P&R.

rhino17
07-16-2017, 03:09 AM
The Pelis are looking to be a pretty weird team on paper. 2 Centers, 2 PGs and nothing else on the roster.

and not sniffing the playoffs

PurpleLynch
07-16-2017, 08:07 AM
Well, it's a nice rent for just one year. I think the Pelicans aren't going to the playoffs anyway.

TheDish87
07-16-2017, 11:41 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2719213-rajon-rondo-pelicans-reportedly-agree-to-1-year-contract

Thoughts?

Does Rondo come off the bench or does Jrue? Do they start them together?

they didnt pay Jrue 155 or whatver mil to come off the bench for a washed up Rondo. They will prob both start and see how it goes since Jrue can play off the ball. But i dont like this move.

Scoots
07-16-2017, 03:07 PM
I can't see both starting ... but I don't know what the Pels are doing in general :)

TrueFan420
07-16-2017, 05:20 PM
I can't see both starting ... but I don't know what the Pels are doing in general :)
I don't think they do either

LA4life24/8
07-16-2017, 06:22 PM
This doesn't really fit imo unless rondo is 6th or 7th man. Lets them have a solid play maker for when jru is on the bench

They could play together in small small stints.
I think this had a lot to do w boogie tho

WaDe03
07-16-2017, 10:14 PM
Come on guys, reports are that they're both starting. Jrue is starting st the 2 because they feel like he played better off ball when they had Davis and Cousins.

LA4life24/8
07-16-2017, 11:31 PM
Come on guys, reports are that they're both starting. Jrue is starting st the 2 because they feel like he played better off ball when they had Davis and Cousins.

That's honestly surprising to me. But hey whatever works for them i guess?

Their bench is abyssmal i just figured theyd want a solid leader/ playmaker for their 2nd string

mrblisterdundee
07-17-2017, 07:05 PM
The Pelicans are obviously desperate and reaching for any semblance of a workable roster around Cousins and Davis, but I sort of like this signing.
Holiday's not exactly a knock-down three-point shooter, but I could see he and Rondo playing together. The Rondo buffet can feed everyone, and Jrue can play a little more off the ball at shooting guard. He'll get more open shots than ever before.
At any rate, the Pelicans can always have a competent point guard and a dominant big man on the floor. Whether that roster will at all be effective is another question. Also, Hill is the only player listed at small forward on the Pelicans. They need a knock-down shooting forward so badly on that team.

WaDe03
07-17-2017, 10:37 PM
It really just depends on what Rondo shows up. He was god awful 3/4ths of the year last year but pretty good the last part of the season and even shot the 3 at a very high clip in that span.