PDA

View Full Version : Bosh eying comeback

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2017, 11:59 PM
According to Bleacher Report, Chris Bosh is still trying to come back:

Asked about what's next for him, Bosh said "basketball and stuff" during an interview with a TMZ Sports reporter. Bosh added that his "health is great" and that he's "feeling great."
Since he's no longer under contract with the Heat, Bosh can sign with any other team, but he'll have to receive medical clearance before he's allowed to return to the court.
Under normal circumstances, Bosh would have to wait nine months before he could possibly play again, but Winderman reported the new CBA made an exception for Bosh that would allow him to bypass that waiting period.
- Joseph Zucker, Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2721535-chris-bosh-says-his-health-is-great-contemplating-nba-comeback)

WaDe03
07-14-2017, 12:02 AM
He will go to whatever team Wade and LeBron are on next year for the minimum.

LOb0
07-14-2017, 12:04 AM
Didn't NBA doctors also say he was done?

Dade County
07-14-2017, 12:41 AM
He will be an All Star again, by next season.

Just depends if he plays for the East or West.

I'm guessing he will be playing for either the Cavs or Rockets this season. Near All Star break.

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 12:56 AM
He will be an All Star again, by next season.

Just depends if he plays for the East or West.

I'm guessing he will be playing for either the Cavs or Rockets this season. Near All Star break.
Lol. A dude that hasn't played in like a year and a half is on his way to be an all star?

Sure.

dhopisthename
07-14-2017, 01:15 AM
no one is going to sign him unless he has made a miraculous recovery.

Dade County
07-14-2017, 01:32 AM
no one is going to sign him unless he has made a miraculous recovery.

He's fine.

You'll see this season.

Ariza's Better
07-14-2017, 08:22 AM
Who knew Dade County was Bosh's doctor.

SteBO
07-14-2017, 08:23 AM
I wish nothing but the best for him....and I hope he's surrounded himself with the right people who'll tell him what he needs to hear, and not what he wants to hear.

cmellofan15
07-14-2017, 09:31 AM
Yeah, sucks for him, but it would be foolish to take a chance on him considering the nature of his ailment.

WaDe03
07-14-2017, 09:34 AM
Dade County was saying around the 2016 playoffs that Boshs clots weren't real and were made up and the NBA was keeping him out so that Heat team wouldnt beat LeBron.

Vinylman
07-14-2017, 12:20 PM
Who knew Dade County was Bosh's fluffer.

fixed

Scoots
07-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Yeah, sucks for him, but it would be foolish to take a chance on him considering the nature of his ailment.

Why? If he wants to play, and can play at a high level when he's on the court ... it seems to me it would be foolish NOT to take a chance on him.

Scoots
07-14-2017, 12:32 PM
Didn't NBA doctors also say he was done?

Total tangent, but I heard this morning that for your sig gif KD and Westbrook were in on the joke and they were playing it up. Don't know if true, but if it is he's a pretty good actor.

mrblisterdundee
07-14-2017, 12:38 PM
Total tangent, but I heard this morning that for your sig gif KD and Westbrook were in on the joke and they were playing it up. Don't know if true, but if it is he's a pretty good actor.

I doubt that level of organization, but I'm guessing Durant was told about the joke in advance.

AllBall
07-14-2017, 12:45 PM
So much ignorance in this thread. :facepalm: Go read up on the agreement between Bosh, NBPA and the NBA itself that was negotiated in the new CBA. He's never playing in the NBA again. China maybe... Also, he was being pestered by TMZ in LA so he just gave them some generic answers to get them off his case and let him go to his car.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Dade County was saying around the 2016 playoffs that Boshs clots weren't real and were made up and the NBA was keeping him out so that Heat team wouldnt beat LeBron.

This is the least surprising and most hilarious post of the week.

Scoots
07-14-2017, 01:21 PM
So much ignorance in this thread. :facepalm: Go read up on the agreement between Bosh, NBPA and the NBA itself that was negotiated in the new CBA. He's never playing in the NBA again. China maybe... Also, he was being pestered by TMZ in LA so he just gave them some generic answers to get them off his case and let him go to his car.

The NBA said he could never play for the Heat again, but that if he got clearance in the future he could play for a different team. That was from June ... maybe it changed since then?

AllBall
07-14-2017, 02:12 PM
The NBA said he could never play for the Heat again, but that if he got clearance in the future he could play for a different team. That was from June ... maybe it changed since then?

Wrong. It was the NBA's doctors that got involved the last time around. That is why the NBPA had to step in and they too came to an agreement with Bosh. A doctor agreed to by all parties has to clear Bosh. That will never happen. He won't be playing in this leauge again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Maybe in China or Ice Cube's 3vs3 league.

Vee-Rex
07-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Bosh would fill an enormous hole on this Cavs team.

Even so, I wish he would go ahead and retire. His health/life is more important.

WaDe03
07-14-2017, 06:35 PM
Bosh would fill an enormous hole on this Cavs team.

Even so, I wish he would go ahead and retire. His health/life is more important.

Ball is life though.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-14-2017, 06:41 PM
Yeah this was yesterday's news. He can't come back.

Dade County
07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
Who knew Dade County was Bosh's doctor.

Lmao

What!?

You keep mixing up the story each & every time. The League had nothing to do with Bosh not playing against Toronto.

That was Riley decision.

But I am very confident that Bosh will be the same player that he always was. And he will be very successful towards the end of his career.

fixed

Lame

Dade County
07-14-2017, 11:32 PM
Wrong. It was the NBA's doctors that got involved the last time around. That is why the NBPA had to step in and they too came to an agreement with Bosh. A doctor agreed to by all parties has to clear Bosh. That will never happen. He won't be playing in this leauge again.

So what happens when he does play?

Not trying to say that what you're reporting is wrong. But in life and with all business, there are always loopholes; but you're speaking in absolutes and I don't get it.

You are too confident in a situation where we don't know all the facts. We know what they tell us and what they want us to know, that's it.

Let's let time pass and see if Bosh actually plays in the league again. Some people believe he will some people believe he won't.

joshhorvath
07-15-2017, 12:05 AM
i dont know if Bosh will ever be able to play in the NBA again... but would love to see him with the Raptors one last time.

JordansBulls
07-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Him on the Bulls would have moved the needle in the east.

LA_Raiders
07-15-2017, 12:32 AM
He is going to Cube league, he can't put his body under the NBA stress.

Balltime
07-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Him on the Bulls would have moved the needle in the east.

:clap:

Scoots
07-15-2017, 01:02 AM

Okay, so the "that will never happen" is you putting your opinion into the equation and you implied that his agreement forbade him ever playing in the NBA again and it doesn't. He just has to get a doctor to clear him. Which is what I said ... which would make you WRONG :)

Scoots
07-15-2017, 01:05 AM

Not trying to say that what you're reporting is wrong. But in life and with all business, there are always loopholes; but you're speaking in absolutes and I don't get it.

You are too confident in a situation where we don't know all the facts. We know what they tell us and what they want us to know, that's it.

Let's let time pass and see if Bosh actually plays in the league again. Some people believe he will some people believe he won't.

A doctor I talked to who deals with similar clotting issues said from what he's seen and heard Bosh absolutely could play again ... but that he'll likely never be able to play a full schedule again and that may be enough to keep teams from offering him a chance. He also said Bosh would have to significantly change his lifestyle from what he's used to to get there and a guy looking at retirement healthy or not that's probably not an easy thing to do.

AllBall
07-15-2017, 10:11 AM

To play again in the NBA a doctor agreed upon by the NBA, NBPA, and Bosh would have to clear him to play. Such a doctor is not going to risk clearing him, barring some medical miracle treatment being discovered in the next 5 years.

Okay, so the "that will never happen" is you putting your opinion into the equation and you implied that his agreement forbade him ever playing in the NBA again and it doesn't. He just has to get a doctor to clear him. Which is what I said ... which would make you WRONG :)

I wish I was wrong. Bosh is a great guy and hate the fact that it all ended the way it did. The leauge did not forbid him, he has to get approval from a doctor agreed upon by all parties.

BGeer091
07-15-2017, 10:18 AM
He probably goes to Houston, if he's cleared.

Scoots
07-15-2017, 12:54 PM
To play again in the NBA a doctor agreed upon by the NBA, NBPA, and Bosh would have to clear him to play. Such a doctor is not going to risk clearing him, barring some medical miracle treatment being discovered in the next 5 years.

I wish I was wrong. Bosh is a great guy and hate the fact that it all ended the way it did. The leauge did not forbid him, he has to get approval from a doctor agreed upon by all parties.

Fair enough ... it comes down really to how much Bosh wants to push it and with his age and time passing without him playing it gets less likely every day.

TrueFan420
07-16-2017, 10:28 AM
He is going to Cube league, he can't put his body under the NBA stress.

I doubt Cube wants to take that type of liability on but it would def make headlines and be great publicity for his league.

jaydubb
07-16-2017, 10:40 AM
Chris bosh won't play in the nba ever again unfortunately. He might play somewhere over seas though

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-16-2017, 11:21 AM
Chris bosh won't play in the nba ever again unfortunately. He might play somewhere over seas though

Maybe. Maybe not.

Heediot
07-17-2017, 05:50 AM
If he is cleared. He can be a nice stretch big off the bench for all the contenders including GS.