PDA

View Full Version : Indiana offered Paul George for Klay Thompson

zadora5
07-13-2017, 06:12 PM
Thoughts?

I feel like this is overkill and eventually the Warriors will kill themselves off before the league does

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 06:15 PM
No, Pacers called and offered PG13 for Klay. Warriors said no.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 06:16 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Follow
More
Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted
What Paul George and I discussed: Indiana -- not Golden State -- made that offer. Warriors said no. And that was the end.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 06:17 PM
Link? Like just happened? Or when he was a Pacer? Or what?!?!?!?

zadora5
07-13-2017, 06:18 PM
Link? Like just happened? Or when he was a Pacer? Or what?!?!?!?

When he was a pacer, check bleacher report and hoopshype,

Paul George even said he was excited about the possibility

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2017, 06:29 PM
KD, Curry, PG and Dray lmfao. That's not even fair. I mean they're not fair right now, but that's dream team status.

xxplayerxx23
07-13-2017, 06:30 PM
Klay >PG

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 06:33 PM
Damn, hope Klay leaves in 2019

TrueFan420
07-13-2017, 06:34 PM
Damn, hope Klay leaves in 2019

Why the Pacers came calling and the Warriors said no he's not available

TrueFan420
07-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Someone fix title it's wrong

J4KOP99
07-13-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh, ok. The pacers offered that. Makes a lot more sense.

The first article I saw said that gs offered klay.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 07:05 PM
why would the warriors down grade?

Midnightbottle
07-13-2017, 07:17 PM
why would the warriors down grade?
They wanted to give teams a chance next year maybe

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Ariza's Better
07-13-2017, 07:23 PM
It wouldn't be a downgrade, it would be at worse a pointless lateral movement. Klay isn't a better player than PG. PG is slightly better however there is no need for the warriors to make that trade.

NYKnickFanatic
07-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Way to butcher this title.

THE MTL
07-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Honestly, as a non Warrior fan...I would prefer that trade. Its clear to me that Klay > Paul in the Warriors system.

Now as a Klay Thompson fan I'm going as far to say that Klay is a better player George and would probi average 30ppg in Indy.

Warriors are losers in that deal.

Gritz
07-13-2017, 07:42 PM
Lavar Ball's school of marketing in full effect.

eDush
07-13-2017, 08:14 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Follow
More
Adrian Wojnarowski Retweeted
What Paul George and I discussed: Indiana -- not Golden State -- made that offer. Warriors said no. And that was the end.That's what happened but someone think it was thread worthy when it's not. I wouldn't even trade McCaw and Bell for one season of PG which is a much better offer then what they got from OKC. Pacers GM is an idiot :nod:

kdspurman
07-13-2017, 08:30 PM
Someone fix title it's wrong

Just fixed to reflect what Woj reported.

THE MTL
07-13-2017, 08:32 PM
That's what happened but someone think it was thread worthy when it's not. I wouldn't even trade McCaw and Bell for one season of PG which is a much better offer then what they got from OKC. Pacers GM is an idiot :nod:

Stop with the thread worthy stuff. If it wasn't thread worthy then why you respond with a whole paragraph? Hence thread worthiness.

I personally like it because its much better than grouping this in a "General Paul George" thread that has 1000s of posts.

TrueFan420
07-13-2017, 08:47 PM
Just fixed to reflect what Woj reported.
Thanks.

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2017, 09:55 PM
Klay >PG

How?
Klay's biggest calling card is shooting, and he only averaged one more three per game on 2 percent better shooting during the regular season than George, who was better at everything else in basketball. During the playoffs, George also shot the ball better than Klay, while going toe to toe with LeBron, running the offense and single-handedly keeping the games with Cleveland close. Klay couldn't have done that.

eDush
07-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Way to butcher this title.PG offered for Klay is a better title...must be a newbie for Dish to understand
:shrug:

chi-townlove1
07-13-2017, 10:24 PM
My goodness. Paul George is the far superior player. Pre and post breaking leg. I get that GS doesn't want to try and fix what ain't broke. But my lord, having PG. on that **** would have been filthy. Imagine trying to score on him KD and Dray

eDush
07-13-2017, 10:29 PM
That's what happened but someone think it was thread worthy when it's not. I wouldn't even trade McCaw and Bell for one season of PG which is a much better offer then what they got from OKC. Pacers GM is an idiot :nod:

Stop with the thread worthy stuff. If it wasn't thread worthy then why you respond with a whole paragraph? Hence thread worthiness.

I personally like it because its much better than grouping this in a "General Paul George" thread that has 1000s of posts.I responded cause Klay is one of my Dubs regardless of how unworthy this thread is.

Unless the intent is to show how dumb their GM is by giving him away for an overpaid big game choker. If I was their GM, I would have demanded at least 3 1st round picks and also forced them to take Monta instead of buying him out and OKC would still have took my offer. Boom! I make a better GM...
:bow:

zadora5
07-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Way to butcher this title.PG offered for Klay is a better title...must be a newbie for Dish to understand
:shrug:

Not a newbie, and my thread title was based off of the first report I saw

Jeffy25
07-14-2017, 12:19 AM
Klay >PG

I think Klay is more important than PG to that team would be.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 12:51 AM
I think Klay is more important than PG to that team would be.

yup.... but now that i think about it the warriors making the deal end up the winners if we just go by what has happened... pg13 is now on a western conference power house that they have to deal with because of it.

eDush
07-14-2017, 01:09 AM
Klay >PG

I think Klay is more important than PG to that team would be.Importance for the Dubs, Klay has :nod:

(If you wanna phrase replies like Master Yoda)

Aust
07-14-2017, 01:19 AM
When comparing the two I would like to see Klay carry a decent or bad team and how he fares.

If I'm GS, there is no way I get cute and try to mess with anything when I have it this good.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 01:20 PM
It wouldn't be a downgrade, it would be at worse a pointless lateral movement. Klay isn't a better player than PG. PG is slightly better however there is no need for the warriors to make that trade.

PG is ball dominant and a worse shooter than Klay. Less reliable defender day in and day out as well. It would unnecessarily shake up their system and probably would not work as well as their current unit. Couple that with the fact that Klay is on a friendly contract for a couple more seasons while PG is a free agent, along with the fact that the Warriors management would upset their own team + the fans, and it's a no-brainer instant hangup for Meyers. Hence... the hangup.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Of course they said no... Klay is better

I would venture that PG is better as the alpha of a team, but joining one where he would be maybe the 4th best player and 3rd best on offense would not suit him or the Dubs.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Of course they said no... Klay is better

SteBO
07-14-2017, 01:26 PM
I would venture that PG is better as the alpha of a team, but joining one where he would be maybe the 4th best player and 3rd best on offense would not suit him or the Dubs.
Exactly. I could simply tie that to attitude. If last years' playoffs told me anything, it's that PG isn't the kind of player willing to play the role Klay has the last couple years. Klay's a real trooper...and it's why I have high regard for the Dubs' front office (didn't trade him for Love, now this). Smart mofos up there....

TrueFan420
07-14-2017, 01:37 PM
My goodness. Paul George is the far superior player. Pre and post breaking leg. I get that GS doesn't want to try and fix what ain't broke. But my lord, having PG. on that **** would have been filthy. Imagine trying to score on him KD and Dray
It's not just that... Klay they have for 3 more years. PG is expiring and going to want a big time pay raise. Klay recent said he wants to win more than he cares about being the best paid he can be. Plus he is literally the perfect fit between Curry and KD. PG is the better overal player but not the better fit.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-14-2017, 01:40 PM
I don't agree that he PG is necessarily better as the alpha on a team. We don't know that for sure since we've never had the chance to see what Klay can do.

Klay is definitely better defensively though and definitely better without the ball. There is very little doubt that the Warriors are better off with Klay.

tredigs
07-14-2017, 02:37 PM
I don't agree that he PG is necessarily better as the alpha on a team. We don't know that for sure since we've never had the chance to see what Klay can do.

Klay is definitely better defensively though and definitely better without the ball. There is very little doubt that the Warriors are better off with Klay.

PG has a more dynamic offensive game when it comes to scoring + playmaking and he is good with the ball in his hands. Klay is definitely better off ball, which is why he is better suited as a 2nd or 3rd option (though you could build a solid team around him as a #1, it would just take more work).

Doesn't mean PG is better. I would rather have a guy like Klay who is the best 2nd or 3rd option in the game since PG is not good enough to be the #1 on a title winning team, and likely not as good taking a back seat. It'll be interesting how the alpha dynamics work in OKC though.

Jewelz0376
07-14-2017, 03:58 PM
I don't think pg would be as willing to guard opposing point guards like Klay is.

I agree with the warriors turning this trade down.

IndyRealist
07-14-2017, 05:34 PM
I don't think pg would be as willing to guard opposing point guards like Klay is.

I agree with the warriors turning this trade down.

PG guards opposing PGs.

WaDe03
07-14-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't agree at all. He wouldn't have left that either. Klay doesn't do **** in the finals anyways, might as well swap him with a much better player in George.

nastynice
07-15-2017, 02:23 AM
PG is ball dominant and a worse shooter than Klay. Less reliable defender day in and day out as well. It would unnecessarily shake up their system and probably would not work as well as their current unit. Couple that with the fact that Klay is on a friendly contract for a couple more seasons while PG is a free agent, along with the fact that the Warriors management would upset their own team + the fans, and it's a no-brainer instant hangup for Meyers. Hence... the hangup.

If I were Meyers, I'd prob talk a lil **** before hanging up. Like, break yo'self, foo! *click

Can't shake things up at this point. We lookin too poised to strike too hard to **** with anything this drastic at this point.

rhino17
07-15-2017, 02:33 AM
Neither player is an alpha, there are only truly about 6 of those in the league

PG is maybe the better all-around player (that doesn't make you the better overall player), but Klay is a way better shooter and that is the most valuable skill to have in basketball. Klay could put up a bunch of numbers on a terrible team just like George did. When Klay does his job as good as he does, I'd definitely take him over George, especially on the Warriors.

nastynice
07-15-2017, 02:34 AM
I don't agree at all. He wouldn't have left that either. Klay doesn't do **** in the finals anyways, might as well swap him with a much better player in George.

What do you just look at box scores after games to determine who did what?

Sleeping on the splash bros baby, don't let the shiny new toy distract you :)