PDA

View Full Version : Ben Simmons

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:48 AM
Has fixed his shot...

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/who-doesnt-have-jump-shot-ben-simmons-rains-3-pointers-instagram

His shooting release and motion is much much better then it was... This is exactly what people said he would need to do and he spent all year working on it.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 01:52 AM
Did you know Ben Simmons has a BF?

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 01:56 AM
Has fixed his shot...

http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/who-doesnt-have-jump-shot-ben-simmons-rains-3-pointers-instagram

His shooting release and motion is much much better then it was... This is exactly what people said he would need to do and he spent all year working on it.

Lol. Let's see what his 3 point % is. Probably will be scared to shoot jumpers in games like he was in college.

Balltime
07-13-2017, 01:57 AM
Off topic, Simmons came off like a creep in his interview,

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 01:57 AM
Lol. Let's see what his 3 point % is. Probably will be scared to shoot jumpers in games like he was in college.

as long as he can pass doh right? ALL THAT MATTERS lol

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 02:00 AM
as long as he can pass doh right? ALL THAT MATTERS lol

And hit 40% from 3. Did he do that in college?

Aust
07-13-2017, 02:05 AM
That's encouraging.

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 02:21 AM
I think Ben Simmons is gonna have a crazy year.. Just gotta stay healthy. Him and embiid could be a killer combo (as well as fultz) but they need to stay on the court

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

i dont trust his shot at all... he shouldnt be shooting with the hand he shoots with.

jaydubb
07-13-2017, 02:22 AM
I think Ben Simmons is gonna have a crazy year.. Just gotta stay healthy. Him and embiid could be a killer combo (as well as fultz) but they need to stay on the court

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

GoferKing_
07-13-2017, 02:32 AM
Cool. 76ers forum?

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 02:43 AM
Cool. 76ers forum?

not at all... He is one of the highest rated prospects we have seen and would have probably gone 1 this year as well... he has the size but also the passing ability of ball and the one thing that has been his negative he spent the entire year working on and it looks damn good.. Now I dont trust it but it looks a hell of a lot better than it was. Its relevant. I dont care who wasnt guarding him he just dropped 9 of 9 from beyond the 3 with a brand new release.

KB24PG16
07-13-2017, 02:55 AM
he just needs to get the ball to embiid

PurpleLynch
07-13-2017, 03:28 AM
Him and Embiid will be crazy good if healthy. 76ers have a great potential in their team, it all depends on health.

basch152
07-13-2017, 03:31 AM
Has fixed his shot...

So seriously, do you have any idea how irrelevant it is to make shots while unguarded?

I've made 90/100 3 pointers numerous times, and my current record for consecutive 3s made is 39. It's literally not hard when unguarded.

Your shooting percentage is cut by more than half give or take in a game vs in practice.

You can literally find YouTube videos of average NBA shooters hitting 15+ 3s in a row.

Curry had a video where he made 70 some in a row...

Lakers + Giants
07-13-2017, 04:09 AM
So seriously, do you have any idea how irrelevant it is to make shots while unguarded?

I've made 90/100 3 pointers numerous times, and my current record for consecutive 3s made is 39. It's literally not hard when unguarded.

Your shooting percentage is cut by more than half give or take in a game vs in practice.

You can literally find YouTube videos of average NBA shooters hitting 15+ 3s in a row.

Curry had a video where he made 70 some in a row...

MTM the same person who thinks making open shots > a summer league performance. And I think SL is a joke, but this is too far.

JAZZNC
07-13-2017, 05:09 AM
MTM the same person who thinks making open shots > a summer league performance. And I think SL is a joke, but this is too far.

Haha, damn if this ain't the truth! I think this and the love for Ball is more easily viewed without hater/homer glasses. In all honesty it's just the summer, no actual NBA action. None of it really matters...I mean Mitchell is the next DPOY if summer league/shooting drills actually mean anything haha. We'll see in a few months what's up with these guys.

ewing
07-13-2017, 06:48 AM
This guy has bust written all over him.

ewing
07-13-2017, 06:50 AM
not at all... He is one of the highest rated prospects we have seen and would have probably gone 1 this year as well... he has the size but also the passing ability of ball and the one thing that has been his negative he spent the entire year working on and it looks damn good.. Now I dont trust it but it looks a hell of a lot better than it was. Its relevant. I dont care who wasnt guarding him he just dropped 9 of 9 from beyond the 3 with a brand new release.

One thing? The guy cant make a layup, played a low motor game in college, and often looked like he didn't care. the 3 isn't his only worry.

ewing
07-13-2017, 08:25 AM
That said good move by philly forcing him to take a year off to try and get NBA ready. I wonder if other teams will adopt this trick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2017, 10:31 AM

With a really slow release. You think he'll have a couple seconds to set up in an actual game?

Hawkeye15
07-13-2017, 10:43 AM
I used to be able to hit 40/50 from three point line while shooting on my own.

He needs to show he can shoot in a game. Hell he needs to show he can do anything in a real game.

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 10:49 AM
This guy has bust written all over him.

oh no not this **** again. unless you mean MTM than yes he is a bust as a poster.

ewing
07-13-2017, 10:52 AM
oh no not this **** again. unless you mean MTM than yes he is a bust as a poster.

Maybe an Odom like career

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 10:59 AM
thats more like his floor. if he was our #1 guy id think a little different but i think he is perfect in the Robin role to Embiid.

ewing
07-13-2017, 11:08 AM
thats more like his floor. if he was our #1 guy id think a little different but i think he is perfect in the Robin role to Embiid.

why b/c he can't score and will allow a second big to smoother Embiid at all times?

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 11:09 AM
How you gonna be Robin to someone, who hasn't played 50games?

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 11:12 AM
why b/c he can't score and will allow a second big to smoother Embiid at all times?

cant score? dude gets to the rim fairly easy and is unreal in transition. Please smoother Embiid so he can kick to JJ for triples all day or to Fultz to do his thing.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:16 AM
cant score? dude gets to the rim fairly easy and is unreal in transition. Please smoother Embiid so he can kick to JJ for triples all day or to Fultz to do his thing.

When did you see him play?

WaDe03
07-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Didnt see anything I can't do there. Let's see what he does in games.

IndyRealist
07-13-2017, 11:58 AM
This post is literally about his shooting form being fixed. I don't get why people are harping on it being practice. His form looks good and it's consistent.

BoSox47
07-13-2017, 12:00 PM
Has fixed his shot...

You are considering his shot fixed after he made a video of him draining a few 3's. This is like when Celtics fans got excited that Marcus Smart posted a video a couple weeks ago of him draining 35 FT shots. Lets see it consistently at the NBA stage first before we start getting excited over anything.

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 12:02 PM
When did you see him play?

oh **** did he not play in college or SL?

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 12:03 PM
oh **** did he not play in college or SL?

So getting to the rim fairly easy against college comp is going to translate against NBA players? He wasn't getting to the rim fairly easy last SL.

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 12:16 PM
yes he was and he was dropping dimes like crazy. i dont think anyone believes he will be a bust its just a matter of being better than just good or solid. fixing his shooting form is a good step in the right direction.

LeonFSU
07-13-2017, 12:53 PM
Here's Rondo draining wide-open 3s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQIjJbY2m0

ewing
07-13-2017, 12:59 PM
So getting to the rim fairly easy against college comp is going to translate against NBA players? He wasn't getting to the rim fairly easy last SL.

but he wasn't some great finisher in college either.

ewing
07-13-2017, 01:01 PM
yes he was and he was dropping dimes like crazy. i dont think anyone believes he will be a bust its just a matter of being better than just good or solid. fixing his shooting form is a good step in the right direction.

I just told you he will be

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 01:08 PM

LMFAO...

go hit up some Julius Randle 3 pt shooting videos... he is deadly in the gym... but still hot garbage from 3 in games

yep... simmons GOAT from 3... I can see it now...

Make sure he pulls out before he finishes

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 01:13 PM
This post is literally about his shooting form being fixed. I don't get why people are harping on it being practice. His form looks good and it's consistent.

because literally 100s of guys do this every summer and it rarely translates in games...

This in no way is thread worthy in the NBA forum

WaDe03
07-13-2017, 01:22 PM
LMFAO...

go hit up some Julius Randle 3 pt shooting videos... he is deadly in the gym... but still hot garbage from 3 in games

yep... simmons GOAT from 3... I can see it now...

Make sure he pulls out before he finishes

If his pull out game is as bad as his pull-up game, he's in trouble.

TheDish87
07-13-2017, 01:29 PM
I just told you he will be

*any one of importance. i.e scouts, analysts, etc.

youre really the only one around here who thinks that anyway

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 01:33 PM
If his pull out game is as bad as his pull-up game, he's in trouble.

:hi5:

mrblisterdundee
07-13-2017, 01:35 PM

It's like you deny the existence of point forwards like Giannis and LeBron who use their ball-handling and size to get to the rim at will. Neither could shoot all that well when they came into the league Giannis still can't. That has never stopped them from scoring. I'm not saying Simmons will be on their level, but he has the tools to be. And he's surrounded by players who can shoot.

ewing
07-13-2017, 02:25 PM
It's like you deny the existence of point forwards like Giannis and LeBron who use their ball-handling and size to get to the rim at will. Neither could shoot all that well when they came into the league Giannis still can't. That has never stopped them from scoring. I'm not saying Simmons will be on their level, but he has the tools to be. And he's surrounded by players who can shoot.

Ben is not a prefect compliment to a 7 footer with that should be able to dominate in the post and a big interior scorer is not a prefect compliment to Ben. Ben needs an open lane and the wings around Joel should be able to shoot. when you say Batman and Robin guys are supposed to fit easy. as for the Bron Giannis comparison both guys are awesome finishers with high motors. Ben hasn't shown to be either. Maybe he turns out to be that good and talent overtakes fit but the guy doesn't look it

Silent
07-13-2017, 05:08 PM
The 6ers are making there own big 3 with Simmons Embiid And Fultz

tp13baby
07-13-2017, 05:56 PM
MTM posting a forum about a 6er hitting wide open 3's. Why am I not surprised?

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 06:54 PM
Has fixed his shot...

This is why this area is so damn annoying.. youd think they would actually read the OP and not just flame red because its the sixers.

I dont give a crap if he drained 50 of 50... its all about the release and shooting motion...

More-Than-Most
07-13-2017, 06:55 PM
Has fixed his shot...

MTM posting a forum about a 6er hitting wide open 3's. Why am I not surprised?

you not reading the OP and just assuming like the majority in here who talked **** about his shot/shooting mechanics when he was drafted isnt surprising either. It has 0 to do with him hitting 3s.

Hustla23
07-13-2017, 08:53 PM
Simmons/Embiid pick and roll is going to be unstoppable IMO. Health is still a major concern, though.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:55 PM
I like Simmons wanted him when he was drafted but damn, I didn't know how much of a little ***** he is. Don't like the kids character at all.

GREATNESS ONE
07-13-2017, 08:55 PM
Simmons/Embiid pick and roll is going to be unstoppable IMO. Health is still a major concern, though.

more like MAJOR.

basch152
07-13-2017, 08:57 PM
you not reading the OP and just assuming like the majority in here who talked **** about his shot/shooting mechanics when he was drafted isnt surprising either. It has 0 to do with him hitting 3s.

So then what you're literally saying is a player who hasn't played an NBA game changing his shooting motion is thread worthy.

/facepalm

Cracka2HI!
07-13-2017, 09:09 PM
Cool. 76ers forum?

That's what I'm saying. This is like clickbait. I assumed something actually happened. Sadly since it's The Sixers I assumed another injury.

Lakers + Giants
07-14-2017, 02:44 AM
That's what I'm saying. This is like clickbait. I assumed something actually happened. Sadly since it's The Sixers I assumed another injury.

:laugh:

KingstonHawke
07-14-2017, 07:11 PM
Funny thing about all the Lonzo love and Ben hate, is that Simmons is just a much better version of Ball.

What do they both do best. Passing. But Simmons is the much bigger and better athlete, and has more potential as a shooter due to his good form. I'll take a low confidence shooter with great form over a high confidence shooter with garbage form any day. At 7 feet (he's grown) if it wasn't for Fultz, he was going to start at PG and be better than Lonzo there.

I'm still hoping that the 76ers can move Okafor + Saric for Prozingas. He'd be a perfect fit with Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid. And I actually think the Knicks would be better off with Okafor and Saric.

More-Than-Most
07-14-2017, 07:52 PM
Funny thing about all the Lonzo love and Ben hate, is that Simmons is just a much better version of Ball.

What do they both do best. Passing. But Simmons is the much bigger and better athlete, and has more potential as a shooter due to his good form. I'll take a low confidence shooter with great form over a high confidence shooter with garbage form any day. At 7 feet (he's grown) if it wasn't for Fultz, he was going to start at PG and be better than Lonzo there.

I'm still hoping that the 76ers can move Okafor + Saric for Prozingas. He'd be a perfect fit with Fultz, Simmons, and Embiid. And I actually think the Knicks would be better off with Okafor and Saric.

this is 100 percent my point... i wasnt a simmons guy because of his shot and defense... funny its exactly why I think ball will bust unless he fixes said shot... Simmons has the benefit of size/speed that ball doesnt.

GREATNESS ONE
07-14-2017, 07:55 PM
Lonzo Ball > Ben Simmons

ewing
07-15-2017, 12:37 AM
Lonzo Ball > Ben Simmons

No doubt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Balltime
07-15-2017, 12:52 AM
Simmons a flashier passer, Lonzo a better overall passer

More-Than-Most
07-15-2017, 02:57 AM
I am not the biggest simmons fan.. I am glad he fixed his shot but please enlighten me how ball is better? They have the same issues... both guys at one point have a horrid shooting motion and lack defense... Simmons can do everything else ball can do but better and has size and speed and length..... Both could bust hell if i know but I cant see any argument for ball over simmons... if there was a redraft nobody in their right mind takes ball over simmons.

TheDish87
07-15-2017, 10:51 AM
Lonzo Ball > Ben Simmons

lol

cmellofan15
07-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Lonzo Ball > Ben Simmons

Battle of the bottom feeders

Alayla
07-15-2017, 12:08 PM
Battle of the bottom feeders

Not a snowballs chance in hell the sixers are bottom feeders this year if healthy.

CityofTreez
07-15-2017, 12:29 PM
More-Then-Most with his usual 'look out for our guy' even though he hasn't recorded 1 minute in the league. Wake me up in December!