PDA

View Full Version : Per Simmons Lakers are next SuperTeam

Pages : [1] 2

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 04:14 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/theringer.com/amp/p/cb530026641e

Simmons thinks that Lakers could move Deng and afford nearly 4 max deals. The players he assumes could be coming are: John Wall, Lebron James, Paul George, and Boogie Cousins.

Simmons' reporting is generally regarded as trash, but it would be something interesting to ponder. Could a team of those 4 beat the Warriors?

If it happens, that would be one of the greatest paper teams ever.

tredigs
07-11-2017, 04:28 PM
It's not reporting really, it was just his opinion he was tossing out during a podcast. I do think PG+Bron + either Wall or Westbrook is a possibility for them next season. I'm all for it.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 04:29 PM

Simmons thinks that Lakers could move Deng and afford nearly 4 max deals. The players he assumes could be coming are: John Wall, Lebron James, Paul George, and Boogie Cousins.

Simmons' reporting is generally regarded as trash, but it would be something interesting to ponder. Could a team of those 4 beat the Warriors?

Quite honestly and it's sad, that's probably the collection of talent you'd need to beat GS. And point blank, this team may still lose to GS. That's what KD did by going to GS. He ruined the league.

lakerfan85
Super teams ruin the league...

Firefistus
This is impossible as the max deal is 30% of the salary cap, if they had zero players than they wouldn't be able to sign the 4th player for max. Not to mention after Deng they still have Clarkson on the books for 12 million a year. They WILL be able to sign Paul George and LeBron James if they are targeting those 2. They won't be able to pay Wall if they get those 2 though.

Here's the real numbers. If they get rid of Deng they will have 32 million on the books. The Salary is projected to go up to 104-8ish million next year, that will put them at having 76 million in cap space. (Assuming the salary is 108).

You'll be able to sign LeBron and PG for 32 million a piece giving them 12 million left that they can sign people. Trade Clarkson and you gain 12 more million allowing you to sign 1 more person at 24 million. Maybe......MAYBE you can get Wall for that much, but I doubt it.

You'll probably get cousins for that much, especially if the Pelicans fail again with Cousins and Davis. But I don't think they'll be able to get Wall to take a hefty paycut. But after that you're out of cap space and have to use your MLE and minimum contracts to fill the rest of the roster.

TheDish87
07-11-2017, 04:30 PM
im gonna laugh my *** off when no one goes to LA. Even PG came out and said his interest has been overstated and he wants to win an be in a good system.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 04:32 PM
im gonna laugh my *** off when no one goes to LA. Even PG came out and said his interest has been overstated and he wants to win an be in a good system.

By now we should all realize PG's words don't mean ****. He said he wanted to win with Indy and 3 days later wants out.

KD was up 3-1 in the WCF against GS and went to go join them after losing. Unless OKC beats GS, PG Is not staying. Period.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 04:34 PM

People laugh at the Lakers failures because of their successful past and now they suck. People laugh at the sixers because of their constant failures

warfelg
07-11-2017, 04:40 PM
Bill Simmons shouldn't be listened to in matters like this.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 04:42 PM
This is impossible as the max deal is 30% of the salary cap, if they had zero players than they wouldn't be able to sign the 4th player for max. Not to mention after Deng they still have Clarkson on the books for 12 million a year. They WILL be able to sign Paul George and LeBron James if they are targeting those 2. They won't be able to pay Wall if they get those 2 though.

Here's the real numbers. If they get rid of Deng they will have 32 million on the books. The Salary is projected to go up to 104-8ish million next year, that will put them at having 76 million in cap space. (Assuming the salary is 108).

You'll be able to sign LeBron and PG for 32 million a piece giving them 12 million left that they can sign people. Trade Clarkson and you gain 12 more million allowing you to sign 1 more person at 24 million. Maybe......MAYBE you can get Wall for that much, but I doubt it.

You'll probably get cousins for that much, especially if the Pelicans fail again with Cousins and Davis. But I don't think they'll be able to get Wall to take a hefty paycut. But after that you're out of cap space and have to use your MLE and minimum contracts to fill the rest of the roster.

Did you read the article? Yes, they won't all get max salaries. But they would take paycuts.. it's a lot of hypotheticals, but it has merit to an extent. If these guys want to beat GS, building a team from scratch is literally how you do it.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 04:44 PM
I get what you are saying, but the ratings would say otherwise. I loved the old NBA with the Lakers, Rockets, Celtics, Sixers, Pistons. Where there were 5 or 6 really good teams that had a shot each and every year. But those days are long gone. The new reality is that stars will align in order to build their legacy. And with the Marketing dollars that are out there is some cases players aren't really losing money by taking less to be on a SuperTeam.

I don't think this has any realistic shot of happening, but I also see a trend developing of players taking lower contracts to make themselves more marketable.

My main question is whether or not that team beats the Warriors. I think the Warriors players are matched almost perfectly to one another. But if it does happen it would certainly be interesting.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 04:48 PM

Did you read the article? Yes, they won't all get max salaries. But they would take paycuts.. it's a lot of hypotheticals, but it has merit to an extent. If these guys want to beat GS, building a team from scratch is literally how you do it.
My concern with that team on paper is that it is a SuperTeam that is made up of very talented non-shooters. None of them are the shooters Curry, Durant, or Klay are. That was the Heat's challenge too...not enough spacing. I think the idea does have merit, as that is a trend I see developing. Just not sure those 4 players would be the ideal pairing.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 04:55 PM
Yah, he said that when a reporter asked him the question of whether or not this is a one year thing for him at his press conference. What is he supposed to say??? Yep fans, I am gone after this year, so please buy my jerseys while you can because I am out of here. Plus if you listen to his whole comments he said, who wouldn't want to play for his hometown team. It was like he was having to defend himself for wanting to play for the Lakers. He also said if they beat the Warriors (not happening) or get to the WCF (not happening) then he would consider staying. Note even that he would stay. But that he would consider it. Nothing is ever guaranteed, but Paul George in P&G in 2018 is a good bet.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 05:02 PM

He didn't "report" it. It was obviously speculation of what "could" happen. And I find Simmons to be an interesting writer and columnist. He's not trying to be a reporter.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 05:03 PM
Bill Simmons should not be the most trusted yes. But this theory makes sense.

The Warriors are two tiers above anyone else in the NBA. If a team can compete with them, it needs to almost be built from the ground up. All the contenders are capped out.

PG wants LA, LeBron could go to LA to build his business empire beyond basketball. I love Westbrook to death, but LeBron is just 10x the player Westy is. PG would probably rather play with Bron in LA than Westy in OKC no matter how well OKC plays this year because there's just no way OKC tops GS. Bron will get to the FInals with Cleveland, but continually losing will get him. He also has an out now with the whole Cavs FO situation.

The x-factor is Wall/Cousins. I just don't see them getting both, but I could definitely see them nab Cousins. Cousins is the one player who could give the Warriors death line fits on defense. I just don't see a 6-6 Draymond at C being able to contain Cousins. Wall does not make sense on this team.

As firfistus said, if you get rid of Deng, you have around ~76m. If PG/Bron/Cousins each take around 25, they could keep the entire core intact and obtain 3 superstar players. If they got rid of Clarkson, they could use that 12m and try and sign another strong reserve for cheap. Maybe like a JJ Reddick. But instead of going for Wall/Cousins, I go for Avery Bradley.

LeBron
Avery Bradley
PG
Randle
Cousins

With a bench of Zubac/Ingram/Ball + pieces

Team has elite youth, elite talent, and would be good for a LONG time. Players would also flock to this team for the min kind of like they are with GS.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 05:03 PM
[/QUOTE]

He didn't "report" it. It was obviously speculation of what "could" happen. And I find Simmons to be an interesting writer and columnist. He's not trying to be a reporter.[/QUOTE]
Fair enough! He didn't actual report it as factual, but threw it out as a potential theory he had. He did give a basis for his theory, but it was weak. But I do think there is a strong possibility that we will see another SuperTeam or even a couple more SuperTeams in the next few years. And if so, LA Lakers make a lot of sense for a destination.

tredigs
07-11-2017, 05:04 PM
Quite honestly and it's sad, that's probably the collection of talent you'd need to beat GS. And point blank, this team may still lose to GS. That's what KD did by going to GS. He ruined the league.
As fan interest is at an all time high, we just had the most exciting off season I can ever remember, and you continue to post on an online bball forum :laugh: :laughed:

Yep, just in shambles!

Scoots
07-11-2017, 05:05 PM
People laugh at the Lakers failures because of their successful past and now they suck. People laugh at the sixers because of their constant failures

Was that a useful comment? What do the Sixers have to do with this subject at all?

hugepatsfan
07-11-2017, 05:07 PM
It could happen if guys take pay cuts. Lebron's max is 35% of the cap. PG, Wall, Boogie would all have maxes at 30% of the cap.

So just doing the math, on Simmons' idea of Lebron/PG/Wall/Boogie... 35% + 30% + 30% + 30% = 125%. So obviously that isn't feasible through FA unless there are major pay cuts. Even Lebron plus 2 of those guys would take significant pay cuts unless they salary dump literally their entire roster 0 in which case it would still take very small pay cuts because of roster spot holds.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-11-2017, 05:09 PM
Wall wants to recruit Cousins to Wizards. Why would any stars wanna form a super team in the west? West already has Warriors and pending Rockets banana boat. Spurs still a good team as well. The east is a bit thin all around. Be easier to make a super team in the east.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 05:09 PM
When 2/3rds of the NBA are over the tax limit people shouldn't be blaming 1 team for being run well ... how about the teams who have wildly over-paid for middle of the road talent and who now have few options to improve other than the draft, but they often screw that up too?

If the Lakers are able to clear enough space to make a real run at putting 3 or 4 all-nba players together on a team shouldn't they be commended for having the forethought and balls to give it a try?

That said, I doubt LeBron leaves Cleveland, and I doubt Wall leaves Washington. PG and Boogie are up in the air.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 05:10 PM
It could happen if guys take pay cuts. Lebron's max is 35% of the cap. PG, Wall, Boogie would all have maxes at 30% of the cap.

So just doing the math, on Simmons' idea of Lebron/PG/Wall/Boogie... 35% + 30% + 30% + 30% = 125%. So obviously that isn't feasible through FA unless there are major pay cuts. Even Lebron plus 2 of those guys would take significant pay cuts unless they salary dump literally their entire roster 0 in which case it would still take very small pay cuts because of roster spot holds.

I don't know the rules in the current CBA ... but would they be able to get closer to their max money if some of them came over as sign and trades?

LA4life24/8
To beat this golden state team the next couple of years it would literally take a team of this caliber of players to do so and even then still idk if they win because dubs players fit like a perfect puzzle. No forcing em to work together they just do.

As a laker fan im all for it lol just dont trade our young guys (zo zu bi) to get it done

warfelg
Was that a useful comment? What do the Sixers have to do with this subject at all?

Anything to try to trigger us Sixer fans to make them feel better.

warfelg
07-11-2017, 05:12 PM
I don't know the rules in the current CBA ... but would they be able to get closer to their max money if some of them came over as sign and trades?

Yes.....but that would take some epic trading to have space and assets to do it.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Bill Simmons should not be the most trusted yes. But this theory makes sense.

The Warriors are two tiers above anyone else in the NBA. If a team can compete with them, it needs to almost be built from the ground up. All the contenders are capped out.

PG wants LA, LeBron could go to LA to build his business empire beyond basketball. I love Westbrook to death, but LeBron is just 10x the player Westy is. PG would probably rather play with Bron in LA than Westy in OKC no matter how well OKC plays this year because there's just no way OKC tops GS. Bron will get to the FInals with Cleveland, but continually losing will get him. He also has an out now with the whole Cavs FO situation.

The x-factor is Wall/Cousins. I just don't see them getting both, but I could definitely see them nab Cousins. Cousins is the one player who could give the Warriors death line fits on defense. I just don't see a 6-6 Draymond at C being able to contain Cousins. Wall does not make sense on this team.

LeBron
Ingram
PG
Randle
Cousins

With a bench of Zubac/Clarkson/Ball

Team has youth, elite talent, and would be good for a LONG time. Players would also flock to this team for the min kind of like they are with GS.

I think, I would want to keep Lopez his ability to stretch the floor, not be a head case, LA native so I think he would take a team friendly deal as well. BLO is gonna win the hearts of most of the Lakers fans this year. He would look nice with that team.

Ball
PG13
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Randle, Clarkson, Zu + more off the bench.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 05:14 PM
To beat this golden state team the next couple of years it would literally take a team of this caliber of players to do so and even then still idk if they win because dubs players fit like a perfect puzzle. No forcing em to work together they just do.

As a laker fan im all for it lol just dont trade our young guys (zo zu bi) to get it done
I agree with you 100%. I think a team with ZU, ZO, and BI with Labron, PG, and Westie could challenge GS more than Boogie, Wall, Bron and PG.

LA4life24/8
Also you guys are acting as if players have NEVER taken pay cuts to play together. KD just took a pay cut wade bron bosh took pay cuts. Tim duncan/dirk nowitzki have taken pay cuts.

Idt its going to happen but its not unfathomable for these players to take pay cuts to play together and take on that dubs team

Nikeman

Instead of going after Wall/Cousins, I think the Lakers should go after Avery Bradley.

LeBron/PG/Avery Bradley would be a godly back-court, with All NBA defense from each. When you wanna play small ball, play LeBron/PG at the 4 and bring in Ingram. I don't think Cousins/Wall are needed. You need elite wings to beat GS.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
When 2/3rds of the NBA are over the tax limit people shouldn't be blaming 1 team for being run well ... how about the teams who have wildly over-paid for middle of the road talent and who now have few options to improve other than the draft, but they often screw that up too?

If the Lakers are able to clear enough space to make a real run at putting 3 or 4 all-nba players together on a team shouldn't they be commended for having the forethought and balls to give it a try?

That said, I doubt LeBron leaves Cleveland, and I doubt Wall leaves Washington. PG and Boogie are up in the air.

What about Beal for Boogie? Wall and Cousins are buddies.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 05:15 PM
I think, I would want to keep Lopez his ability to stretch the floor, not be a head case, LA native so I think he would take a team friendly deal as well. BLO is gonna win the hearts of most of the Lakers fans this year. He would look nice with that team.

Ball
PG13
Ingram
Lebron
Lopez

Randle, Clarkson, Zu + more off the bench.

I agree. I think LA needs to go hard after Avery Bradley tbh. PG13/LBJ and Avery is a backcourt that matches up extremely well with GS.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 05:18 PM

Actuallybyou and a few others are super cool.

It's the guys coming in the Lakers Forum, trolling and baiting us in or Forum that we can't stand. It doesn't result in anything positive, only causes bickering and fighting from both sides. It's unfortunate because we seem to talk trash both ways as a whole and their are some really solid posters on both sides.

If we could keep people like MTM out our forum from coming in there talking trash and baiting us, it would be a lot more smoother.

LA4life24/8
07-11-2017, 05:18 PM
Instead of going after Wall/Cousins, I think the Lakers should go after Avery Bradley.

LeBron/PG/Avery Bradley would be a godly back-court, with All NBA defense from each. When you wanna play small ball, play LeBron/PG at the 4 and bring in Ingram. I don't think Cousins/Wall are needed. You need elite wings to beat GS.

Idk. Depends on the money. Star power in this league tends to win too. Plus a center of boogies caliber could really cause some problems for golden state.

All hypothetical of course lol not likely regardless

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 05:19 PM
I agree. I think LA needs to go hard after Avery Bradley tbh. PG13/LBJ and Avery is a backcourt that matches up extremely well with GS.

They would be very well balanced and very fun to watch.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 05:21 PM
Idk. Depends on the money. Star power in this league tends to win too. Plus a center of boogies caliber could really cause some problems for golden state.

All hypothetical of course lol not likely regardless

Definitely all hypothetical. But if GS wipes the floor with the league next season, I see drastic changes and some serious new super teams forming. And despite the huge moves this off-season, I don't see a team even close to GS.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 05:34 PM

You should probably move on. I didn't respond to you. You are still upset I made you look stupid on some of your comments that were wrong this last month. Let it go. Has nothing to do with you.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Or scoot on

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 05:35 PM

Why comment on any money matters if you don't know the rules?

Bostonjorge
07-11-2017, 05:37 PM
Westbrook, James and George is the best combo to battle GS. Westbrook is Durant's worst nightmare.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 05:37 PM

I feel a lot of you sixers fans take jabs at other teams that suck to make you feel better about the sixers success or lack of it.

lakerfan85
07-11-2017, 05:44 PM
I feel a lot of you sixers fans take jabs at other teams that suckered to make you feel better about the sixers success or lack of it.

Yep.. Look at the Summer league thread and you'll see this exactly..

M.L.G.A.
07-11-2017, 05:54 PM

1. Even with a flat Salary cap of $99M, Lakers will have $58M in cap space ($17M+ in cap space this year carried over to next year as they are not signing contracts longer than 1 year, Brook Lopez + Corey Brewer contracts, along with RFA Julius Randle).

2. Offering $22-$24M a piece allows them to sign 3 superstars...keep in mind $5M difference to these guys is immaterial considering the amount of money they will get from outside the game (endorsements, etc.).

3. It's Bill Simmons, he is a complete douch who's every opinion/thought is supremely biased.

Nikeman
07-11-2017, 06:12 PM
This is paul george's exact white regarding LA.

"Its too early for L.A., he says. It would have to be a situation where the ball gets rolling and guys are hopping on. This guy commits, that guy commits. Oh s, now theres a team forming. It has to be like that. But the same is true for virtually every locale outside of Oakland. Im in OKC, so hopefully me and Russ do a good enough job and make it to the conference finals and love the situation, why not recruit someone to come build it with us? Im open in this whole process.
Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/paul-george-too-early-for-lakers/#ElrJIXmBpT950KFt.99"

That does not sound one bit like he is dismissing LA. If PG gets a commitment from LeBron to go to LA, he's gone.

nyknicks1969
07-11-2017, 06:37 PM
Westbrook, James and George is the best combo to battle GS. Westbrook is Durant's worst nightmare.

Damn, need two basketballs.

Hustla23
07-11-2017, 06:39 PM
I remember when Simmons used to be somewhat worth listening to.

LOb0
07-11-2017, 06:47 PM
I remember when Simmons used to be somewhat worth listening to.

Do people just hate on this guy because he's popular? I've listened to Bill for years and always enjoyed him. He's no different now than he ever was.

He also never reported this, he just said it was possible.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 06:58 PM
BLO is gonna win the hearts of most of the Lakers fans this year.

Hehe ... nice nickname.

warfelg
07-11-2017, 06:59 PM
Do people just hate on this guy because he's popular? I've listened to Bill for years and always enjoyed him. He's no different now than he ever was.

No because he's an obnoxious homer who lucked into popularity.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 07:03 PM
You should probably move on. I didn't respond to you. You are still upset I made you look stupid on some of your comments that were wrong this last month. Let it go. Has nothing to do with you.

I don't know what you are talking about with regard to comments last month. I'm just trying to keep things on topic and keep the trolling and baiting to a minimum.

Vinylman
07-11-2017, 07:04 PM

Not trying to start anything but most lakers fans don't really give the team in Philadelphia a single thought

Just saying

Scoots
Why comment on any money matters if you don't know the rules?

It's a sign of intelligence to ask questions about things you don't know :)

Firefistus
I don't hate on him, but he's wrong. Max deals are 30% of the cap, you cannot sign 4 free agents to a team for max money period......math.....it's hard!!

Lil Rhody
07-11-2017, 07:06 PM
Lakers forum next time

Scoots
07-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Simmons is WAY more rational than a lot of the "hot take" idiots on TV. And sure, he's a Celtics fan, but at least he's up front about it and doesn't try to act like he doesn't have an agenda like SAS and others like him.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 07:13 PM
I don't know what you are talking about with regard to comments last month. I'm just trying to keep things on topic and keep the trolling and baiting to a minimum.

Stay in yo lane!

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 07:14 PM
Lakers forum next time

Exactly. Some huge Celtics fan Simmons threw out an idea that people on PSD will hate on the Lakers for. It's not even news, just a thought Simmons had.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 07:17 PM
It's a sign of intelligence to ask questions about things you don't know :)
Sure, in class. You have the power to look stuff up and read up on a topic you may not be sure about. It isn't a sign of intelligence, it is a sign of laziness.

s3antana5757
07-11-2017, 07:26 PM
I've been saying all along that they are going to package Clarkson with Deng and get rid of all their bad contracts. They could hypothetically fit 3 maxes in no problem. I doubt those guys take huge pay cuts to get all 4 of them, and it's just not necessary with Ball and Ingram. The two guys I could see going are PG13 and Westbrook. Russell and the LA connection has always been a thing. They team up, and if they can get one more(LeBron, Cousins), then they're off. The speculation makes sense, but I can't see all 4 guys going there.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 07:29 PM
I don't hate on him, but he's wrong. Max deals are 30% of the cap, you cannot sign 4 free agents to a team for max money period......math.....it's hard!!

Klay Thompson is a near max, Green is near max, Curry is a max, and they could have near maxed KD. It's possible, but probably not all in one year.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Stay in yo lane!

This is my lane.

Scoots
07-11-2017, 07:32 PM
Sure, in class. You have the power to look stuff up and read up on a topic you may not be sure about. It isn't a sign of intelligence, it is a sign of laziness.

This is a discussion forum ... not a googling forum. There are people here who spend a lot more time than I do reading the CBA and thinking about the complications involved in trades. I'm not interesting in becoming an expert so I asked.

Asking questions only in class? It must be hard having to know everything when you are not in class.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 07:36 PM
This is a discussion forum ... not a googling forum. There are people here who spend a lot more time than I do reading the CBA and thinking about the complications involved in trades. I'm not interesting in becoming an expert so I asked.

Asking questions only in class? It must be hard having to know everything when you are not in class.

So you don't know if the answer is right? Lol. Keep doing what you do to become informed.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 07:37 PM

You also have the Internet to use. Lazy

goingfor28
07-11-2017, 08:02 PM
This

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 08:14 PM
This

The LA he is talking about us the Clippers. The Lakers are getting PG. I don't know about LeBron though.

How did CP3 work out? Lol. This

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 08:15 PM
If that does happen, and the GOAT comes for the minimum at SG it would be kind of disappointing they aren't in the East and would have to play in the conference finals but still fun.

They would also still have Lonzo and Ingram would be going into his 3rd year and both should be pretty good by then. 3rd year is usually that breakout year but idk now that guys come in so young now.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 08:16 PM
I agree with other takes in here though, I highly doubt they come.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 08:18 PM
Potentially builds back that Lakers Celtics rivalry in finals matchups though although that Lakers team would sweep them. M

If they got the players mentioned I think they would get the Warriors in 5 or 6.

Also why no talk of Westbrook over Wall? Thought he was a free agent this coming summer.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 08:31 PM
Potentially builds back that Lakers Celtics rivalry in finals matchups though although that Lakers team would sweep them. M

If they got the players mentioned I think they would get the Warriors in 5 or 6.

Also why no talk of Westbrook over Wall? Thought he was a free agent this coming summer.
Exactly. Westie would fit much better than Wall. I know Boogie and Wall are buddies, but I imagine that if those three are on a team, it almost doesn't matter if or who the 4th person is. This is gonna be fun to see what happens. In Magic I trust!!!

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 08:31 PM
KD took a big pay cut. Regardless of who goes where, multiple players will have to take pay cuts if the want to beat GS.

Redrum187
07-11-2017, 08:55 PM
Doing it on a Texas team would make more sense as players who sacrifice money will make up for it by the no state income tax.

Furthermore, they could join Kawhi Leonard already with Parker off the books and Danny Green already on the roster too. Spurs could offer LMA to a team for a S&T, a sort of consolation prize for a superstar leaving.

PG: John Wall
SG: Paul George - Danny Green
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: LeBron James
C: Gasol (vet min?)

That team would be the favorites. However, it's a pipedream... not likely to happen.

ruckus16969
07-11-2017, 09:03 PM

Ya I mean how could they even build a bench. They would have no money left.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 09:16 PM

For those asking about the bench, vets will flock to that team for the minimum.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 09:20 PM
With the way marketing dollars are being thrown around these days, players who play on a SuperTeam could end up making more money winning than they would playing on a max contract. I am sure taxes factor into the equation, but so does market size and the market potential. I may be a little biased, but I imagine there isn't a market with more market potential or where a player can earn more in endorsements than LA. For Lebron, I probably doesn't make a difference, but for a player like PG13, I am sure it matters.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 09:24 PM

Trade for Wade!

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 09:24 PM

That is not even a real source. The article is like a 12 year old wrote it. Speculation based on nothing.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 09:29 PM
That is not even a real source. The article is like a 12 year old wrote it. Speculation based on nothing.

Haha damnit! I didn't even look at it! Shoulda known....

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 09:30 PM
Did you even read the article? If a 12 year old wrote it, then that is one hell of an articulate 12 year old who has a great future in journalism...or as an English teacher.
It may be totally made up crap, but the writing was well done.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 09:36 PM
Did you even read the article? If a 12 year old wrote it, then that is one hell of an articulate 12 year old who has a great future in journalism...or as an English teacher.
It may be totally made up crap, but the writing was well done.
Writing was good, but the reasons are something a 12 year old would give. Said he would play here for the MLE. Lol. They wouldn't waste the MLE on Wade. We probably won't even have the MLE because we will be under the cap. Said he wants to go into broadcasting. How would LA help him? Is he going to take D Fish's spot on TWC sportsnet?

Lol. It was just stupid. Writing was good, but a lot of 12 year old are pretty smart these days.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Lol

Anyways I would trade for Wade.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Lol

Anyways I would trade for Wade.

He wants to be the next Jim Hill. Lol

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 09:40 PM
Is he Woj or Shams? No. Is he 12? No. He's the lead Columnist for chat sports and has about 5,000 followers. Not great but not bad. You really never know with this stuff but lower level reporters speculate on stuff all the time that ends up being true. It may or may not happen, who knows? That why I posted it as it fits to this thread and like the entire thread itself, it is speculation for the Lakers.

lol at waste the MLE on Wade. It's a damn shame that when players aren't who they used to be they're regarded as straight scrubs. I guarantee ANY contender would want Wade on their team, the career and accolades speak for themselves. Last time he played next to LeBron he shot 55% while on one leg. I know you're mad about the other thread but you're smarter than that I would hope, Gibby.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 09:43 PM
Also would like to add that the Lakers were known as a front runner for Wade a couple years ago, probably for the reasons given in the article which are more than likely pretty valid reasons. LeBron speculated to be interested in LA, connect the dots fellas. It's going to be a fun few years ahead of us with what I believe will be the most shake up in terms of players changing teams that the league has ever seen.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 09:50 PM

PG1s Paul George signed and sent to Wade. Lakers colors? Let the speculation begin!

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 09:56 PM

PG1s Paul George signed and sent to Wade. Lakers colors? Let the speculation begin!

Pacers colors

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Also would like to add that the Lakers were known as a front runner for Wade a couple years ago, probably for the reasons given in the article which are more than likely pretty valid reasons. LeBron speculated to be interested in LA, connect the dots fellas. It's going to be a fun few years ahead of us with what I believe will be the most shake up in terms of players changing teams that the league has ever seen.
Lakers were never a front runner for wade. We didn't even meet with him. It was like Denver, Milwaukee, and Chicago.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:00 PM
Is he Woj or Shams? No. Is he 12? No. He's the lead Columnist for chat sports and has about 5,000 followers. Not great but not bad. You really never know with this stuff but lower level reporters speculate on stuff all the time that ends up being true. It may or may not happen, who knows? That why I posted it as it fits to this thread and like the entire thread itself, it is speculation for the Lakers.

lol at waste the MLE on Wade. It's a damn shame that when players aren't who they used to be they're regarded as straight scrubs. I guarantee ANY contender would want Wade on their team, the career and accolades speak for themselves. Last time he played next to LeBron he shot 55% while on one leg. I know you're mad about the other thread but you're smarter than that I would hope, Gibby.

Mad about a thread I was right in? Lol. Ok.

You litter the NBA forum with crap speculation and fantasy world ideas.

The last time Wade played with LBJ? Lol. Did time stand still? That was like 3 seasons ago.

He can come for the minimum or a salary dump this year to get rid of Deng and a pick.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:04 PM
Lakers were never a front runner for wade. We didn't even meet with him. It was like Denver, Milwaukee, and Chicago.

Couple years ago, not last year.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:05 PM

The last time Wade played with LBJ? Lol. Did time stand still? That was like 3 seasons ago.

He can come for the minimum or a salary dump this year to get rid of Deng and a pick.

Mad? Lol not at all. I'm just confused how you think spending low money like the MLE on Wade is a waste in the event you all got other stars.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:08 PM
I can tell Gibby is one of those posters that he grudges. If you don't like my posts ignore it or block me, that simple.

Do I post fantasy ideas? Sure I do, but with the way the league is now you literally never know so don't sit here and act like you do. I also post much more than fantasy ideas and bring good conversation, you're just a little upset about our last disagreement.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:08 PM
Mad? Lol not at all. I'm just confused how you think spending low money like the MLE on Wade is a waste in the event you all got other stars.

Because the Lakers will be under the cap and won't have the MLE. Anything else?

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:09 PM
Couple years ago, not last year.

No. Wade never met with the Lakers, not even a couple of years ago.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:09 PM
No. Wade never met with the Lakers, not even a couple of years ago.

Didn't have to meet to have interest.

LivinLakers
07-11-2017, 10:11 PM
Is Wade the same player he was just 3 years ago? NO. Is Wade worth the MLE? Most definitely. There are a lot of players in this league who would love to play with Wade even at this stage in his career. That may be different in a couple of years, but as of right now, I would take Wade on the Lakers any day of the week.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Didn't have to meet to have interest.

Interest and front runners is completely different. Lakers have had interest in almost any super star that would take their money the last 4 or 5 years.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Is Wade the same player he was just 3 years ago? NO. Is Wade worth the MLE? Most definitely. There are a lot of players in this league who would love to play with Wade even at this stage in his career. That may be different in a couple of years, but as of right now, I would take Wade on the Lakers any day of the week.

The Lakers won't have an MLE. Do you know how it works? The salary cap?

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:15 PM

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:16 PM
Interest and front runners is completely different. Lakers have had interest in almost any super star that would take their money the last 4 or 5 years.

Doesn't matter, the news is still there and the reasons given are very valid.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:16 PM

So why bring up wasting the MLE on Wade?

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:20 PM
Doesn't matter, the news is still there and the reasons given are very valid.

Never was it reported as front runners. As you said the Lakers were favorites. Lol. You make all kinds of stuff up and backtrack

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:21 PM
So why bring up wasting the MLE on Wade?

If you read the link you posted, the story said Wade would take the MLE from the Lakers. Just a reporter making stuff up without any knowledge of the situation.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:21 PM

Also for your did time stand still comment. Wade was better in 2016 than he was in 2014 and he showed that in the playoffs when he led the Heat to 1 game from the ECF and was a top 10 player up to that point, and the best clutch player on both sides. Keep in mind Wade was on 1 leg in 2014 and is in much better health/shape now.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:24 PM
If you read the link you posted, the story said Wade would take the MLE from the Lakers. Just a reporter making stuff up without any knowledge of the situation.

Well in the scenario that didn't include the superteam you all would be under the cap and have the MLE would you not?

If you have the superteam he probabaly comes for the minimum. Hopefully it happens so we can talk more

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Also for your did time stand still comment. Wade was better in 2016 than he was in 2014 and he showed that in the playoffs when he led the Heat to 1 game from the ECF and was a top 10 player up to that point, and the best clutch player on both sides. Keep in mind Wade was on 1 leg in 2014 and is in much better health/shape now.

I don't care. Not the point of the discussion.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:26 PM
Never was it reported as front runners. As you said the Lakers were favorites. Lol. You make all kinds of stuff up and backtrack

Front runners was bad wording on my part but as I remember that summer it was either the Heat or Lakers and if that's the case the Lakers were front runners if Wade left.

Please show me what you're talking about where you say I make stuff up and then back track.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:27 PM
I don't care. Not the point of the discussion.

Not the point of discussion when your take is shot down with facts? Sounds like the PG and Hayward debate you and VeeRex had.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Frontrunner is making stuff up

Not in the context I just gave, you're just nitpicking now.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Front runners was bad wording on my part but as I remember that summer it was either the Heat or Lakers and if that's the case the Lakers were front runners if Wade left.

Please show me what you're talking about where you say I make stuff up and then back track.
Frontrunner is making stuff up

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:32 PM
The discussion wasn't how good wade is or was. It was the Lakers will not have MLE to pay Wade, and the Lakers were never Frontrunners to sign him, so you took some L's and shifted the convo.

Never taken an L to you, that's a fact. You brought up the "did time stand still" argument saying he wasn't as good anymore and it got shot down.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Not the point of discussion when your take is shot down with facts? Sounds like the PG and Hayward debate you and VeeRex had.

The discussion wasn't how good wade is or was. It was the Lakers will not have MLE to pay Wade, and the Lakers were never Frontrunners to sign him, so you took some L's and shifted the convo.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Well in the scenario that didn't include the superteam you all would be under the cap and have the MLE would you not?

If you have the superteam he probabaly comes for the minimum. Hopefully it happens so we can talk more
I just told you like 2 times. They will be under the cap so they won't have the MLE

Balltime
07-11-2017, 10:33 PM
Everybody want's to play with that ball boy.

goingfor28
07-11-2017, 10:34 PM
:catfight:

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:36 PM
Never taken an L to you, that's a fact. You brought up the "did time stand still" argument saying he wasn't as good anymore and it got shot down.
Whatever you say. Talk to me when Wade is a Laker for the MLE.

Should change your name to L

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:37 PM
I just told you like 2 times. They will be under the cap so they won't have the MLE

So you're telling me there's no MLE you can use under the cap? That's not true.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:38 PM
:catfight:

:dance:

Reminds me of the playoffs thread that Horford was historic in.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Whatever you say. Talk to me when Wade is a Laker for the MLE.

Should change your name to L

I'll change mine to L when you change yours to VeeRex's son.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:39 PM
Everybody want's to play with that ball boy.

It's Balltime!!!

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:42 PM
As for the actual discussion and not Gibbys trolling. If the Lakers do get LeBron and build a superteam, instead of getting Wall or Westbrook at a huge amount of money, should they throw together a package for Kyrie? Dan Gilbert would probably be too butt hurt to do it.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:43 PM
What's wrong with you?

Room Mid-Level Exception when you're under the cap, am I wrong here? You see the mid level exception part?

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:44 PM
So you're telling me there's no MLE you can use under the cap? That's not true.
What's wrong with you?

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:45 PM
Always good to deflect when you are looking like a fool

You would know, that's your go to. "Did time stand still?" And "Hayward is a better defender than PG." both shot down and you change the subject or nitpick somewhere else.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:45 PM
I'll change mine to L when you change yours to VeeRex's son.
Always good to deflect when you are looking like a fool

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Actual facts? Lmao! I don't see them.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:48 PM
I'm trolling with actual facts, but the Wade guy is spitting knowledge like he is just making stuff up as he goes. Lol

Bostonjorge
07-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Lakers are going to be GS good next year

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:49 PM
Lakers are going to be GS good next year

Ball is already better than Curry.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:50 PM
Ok, you go with that. Forget about you not knowing how the Cap works or that the Lakers were never frontrunner for Wade.

Last year, like I said Hayward was better than George. You had no evidence so you backed out.

Nobody cares about Wade, no contender wanted him last year, Miami didn't even want him bad enough.

So time didn't stand still, it moved on like the Heat did.

Goodnight Mr. L

You shut up quick when your MLE argument was shot down lol. You were so sure of yourself too.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:51 PM
You would know, that's your go to. "Did time stand still?" And "Hayward is a better defender than PG." both shot down and you change the subject or nitpick somewhere else.

Ok, you go with that. Forget about you not knowing how the Cap works or that the Lakers were never frontrunner for Wade.

Last year, like I said Hayward was better than George. You had no evidence so you backed out.

Nobody cares about Wade, no contender wanted him last year, Miami didn't even want him bad enough.

So time didn't stand still, it moved on like the Heat did.

Goodnight Mr. L

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 10:53 PM
Actual facts? Lmao! I don't see them.
Because you don't know them and are not the brightest person here. I told you the same thing like 5 times and you come back with there has to be an MLE for teams under the cap.

Do you even know how stupid that sounds?

Why would there be an MLE for teams with cap space?

There isn't one. It is a tool for teams over the cap.

Bostonjorge
07-11-2017, 10:54 PM
Ball is already better than Curry.
Is that you Lavar Ball?

WaDe03
It's called ROOM MID LEVEL EXCEPTION when you're under the cap.

Gibby23
You shut up quick when your MLE argument was shot down lol. You were so sure of yourself too.

It was shot down because you don't know only teams over the cap can have an MLE?

Just stop

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:55 PM
Is that you Lavar Ball?

It might be, all I know is Jordan doesn't want me 1 on 1. I'm too big, too strong!

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 10:59 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/07/01/nba-salary-cap-set-2017-18-season-99093-million

You weren't able to understand so I got a link for you. Read the last sentence or so and hold this L while you do it.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:00 PM
It's called ROOM MID LEVEL EXCEPTION when you're under the cap.

No, it is called the room exception

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:02 PM
No, it is called the room exception

No.

Non-taxpayer mid level exception.

Taxpayer mid level exception.

Room mid level exception.

Look at you trying to take words out to try and prove yourself right lol. Go to bed.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:04 PM

"Room mid-level" unless you know more than Riley in pretty sure you've taken another L.

Pay attention to my posts more Gibby, you'll probably learn something.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:05 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/amp/league/article/2017/07/01/nba-salary-cap-set-2017-18-season-99093-million

You weren't able to understand so I got a link for you. Read the last sentence or so and hold this L while you do it.

That is not the MLE. It is the room exception. The MLE is for teams over the cap.

Keep googling stuff, I know most of this stuff.

The story you posted was talking about the MLE.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:05 PM
That is not the MLE. It is the room exception. The MLE is for teams over the cap.

Keep googling stuff, I know most of this stuff.

The story you posted was talking about the MLE.

No you don't know because you're clearly wrong. See my last posts with the tweets.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:08 PM

Go to bed, Gibby. Tomorrow is a new day and you're now a smarter man now that you know what the room mid level exception is.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:10 PM
Ok, that is the right name. I'll give you that.

Lakers were never frontrunners. I'll take that.

1-1. Today. That was pretty fun though.

If he left they were front runners but it is what it is. Definitely fun, I'll see you in LakersNation next summer as we speculate!

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:11 PM
No you don't know because you're clearly wrong. See my last posts with the tweets.

Ok, that is the right name. I'll give you that.

Lakers were never frontrunners. I'll take that.

1-1. Today. That was pretty fun though.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:12 PM

Go to bed, Gibby. Tomorrow is a new day and you're now a smarter man now that you know what the room mid level exception is.

I know what it is, just called it the room exception.

PhillySportFan
07-11-2017, 11:13 PM
These stories honestly disgust me. Is it really so bad to tank a few years to make your own team through the draft or would you rather some random team have 3 superstar's be like oh yeah let's all join them and dominate. It's so stupid, I hate it and I really hope this stops. Man the **** up.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:15 PM
These stories honestly disgust me. Is it really so bad to tank a few years to make your own team through the draft or would you rather some random team have 3 superstar's be like oh yeah let's all join them and dominate. It's so stupid, I hate it and I really hope this stops. Man the **** up.

Just the way it is now. Stars aren't going to sit here and waste their best years while the Warriors are stacked. Especially a player of LeBrons caliber.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:18 PM
If he left they were front runners but it is what it is. Definitely fun, I'll see you in LakersNation next summer as we speculate!
For sure. But I don't expect this stuff to happen. Just seems too good. Only thing I'm pretty confident about is PG. But if LBJ came too, I can see Wade coming. The LBJ thing has legs though. I want to trade Deng and a 1st for Wade now, maybe throw in Randle. It clears cap space. They have to do it sometime and Wade would be a good mentor this season.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:18 PM
For sure. But I don't expect this stuff to happen. Just seems too good. Only thing I'm pretty confident about is PG. But if LBJ came too, I can see Wade coming. The LBJ thing has legs though. I want to trade Deng and a 1st for Wade now, maybe throw in Randle. It clears cap space. They have to do it sometime and Wade would be a good mentor this season.

I think it would be a lot of fun to watch if they were able to put together a super team, especially if Wade agrees to the minimum after cashing out the last to years or exception money.

I see Randle in a lot of trade scenarios from Lakers fans. Is he not that good? I usually like what I see but don't watch them too much.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:24 PM
Also, after not jumping much this year isn't the cap expected to now jump again next year? I think I saw somewhere today that it was going to be like 109M but that could be wrong.

WaDe03
07-11-2017, 11:28 PM
KobeOwnsU just saw Randle in Vegas we were at Summer League Fri/Sat (Epic sell out crowd). Julius is ripped and in the best shape of his life, he's going to tremendously boost his stock this year playing with that Ball boy. Lots of easy baskets coming for Julius, this is a contract year for him too.

Saw those pics, he does look a lot better. My only thing is, why has he not looked like that the last couple years? Kind of disappointing to see from a young guy trying to make a name for himself.

GREATNESS ONE
07-11-2017, 11:29 PM
KobeOwnsU just saw Randle in Vegas we were at Summer League Fri/Sat (Epic sell out crowd). Julius is ripped and in the best shape of his life, he's going to tremendously boost his stock this year playing with that Ball boy. Lots of easy baskets coming for Julius, this is a contract year for him too.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:40 PM
I think it would be a lot of fun to watch if they were able to put together a super team, especially if Wade agrees to the minimum after cashing out the last to years or exception money.

I see Randle in a lot of trade scenarios from Lakers fans. Is he not that good? I usually like what I see but don't watch them too much.
He has like a 12 million dollar cap hold. If we can trade Deng and Clarkson we can sign 2 max players and keep Randle. If we can't trade Deng, we have to stretch Deng and trade Randle and Clarkson for 2 max players. If we can trade all 3, it just gives us more money to work with if 3 guys wanted to come at like 25 million a piece or 4 at 20ish.

tredigs
07-11-2017, 11:49 PM

I mean Philly's last winning season was over a decade ago dude and they have been intentionally tanking for nearly half a decade. I'd be ecstatic if I was a Lakers fan and did not have to go through all that (though they already have to an extent).

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 11:54 PM
I mean Philly's last winning season was over a decade ago dude and they have been intentionally tanking for nearly half a decade. I'd be ecstatic if I was a Lakers fan and did not have to go through all that (though they already have to an extent).

Exactly.

Balltime
07-12-2017, 12:09 AM
Jim Buss really screwed up the organization with those panic moves of Mosgod and Deng. I can't envision MItch making that call who was a bright GM. I say if that ball boy and Ingram have really good seasons, still being very young, with the new management, I think it's a real possibility of luring in a top 10 player in the league onto the squad. Stars will want to play with Luke, and 2 up and coming young players.

Farty Farts
07-12-2017, 02:00 AM

lebron started this ****, passing the puck is a lame as excuse and without getting political, a liberal response at best. " i didnt do it, he did it, and if I did it he did it too" its dry snitching.

lebron was in cohoots about the miami thing, only came to cleveland cause kyrie was there and h being there could get love which was their only other option then. though looking back keeping wiggins was the proper move because hes a superior sg to anything they have had or will have on this cleveland roster.

lbj passed the puck after the finals saying hes never been on a superteam which is total horseshit, just because GS was able to do it better doesnt make them no kd the villians, they played the game and won. get over it lbj apologist. hes not jordan and he started this mess, these are the facts.

LivinLakers
07-12-2017, 02:02 AM

You don't need to be a douche about it!!! I was referencing next year and if the Lakers were to use up all of their cap. But the point still stand regardless of whether they are using their existing space or they use the MLE because they are over the cap. Read back through my posts and you will see that is what I was referencing.

Vinylman
07-12-2017, 06:46 AM
Jim Buss really screwed up the organization with those panic moves of Mosgod and Deng. I can't envision MItch making that call who was a bright GM. I say if that ball boy and Ingram have really good seasons, still being very young, with the new management, I think it's a real possibility of luring in a top 10 player in the league onto the squad. Stars will want to play with Luke, and 2 up and coming young players.

yeah ... mitch was so bright that no one is even interviewing the guy for a job... I heard he even missed out on the dog catcher job in Chapel Hill

Mitch is a dinosaur and has been for quite some time

PowerHouse
07-12-2017, 08:16 AM

warfelg
07-12-2017, 08:35 AM

Lakers only won 16 more games than the Sixers over the last 4 years.

To be fair since Philly's last winning season:
Pat Croche sold the team.

Comcast decided there was more money in staying out of the tax an in the playoffs. They forced Billy King to take the "keep competing" package over the reboot. Pushed him to max Iggy, Thad, Brand in an effort to stay in the playoffs.

When Harris and Co bought the team, they pushed them to make a splash move. That was the trade for Andrew Bynum, which ended up being a blessing. Everything fell apart. Doug Collins was fired/left. Hinkie came in. And Harris and Co realized to truely compete and make money, they had to be top end good.

So our bad place over a long stretch can be attributed to bad ownership, and new ownership finally deciding to reboot the franchise.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 08:38 AM

lol if you say so. we have the brightest future in the league. the Lakers have been just as bad as us for quite sometime now.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 08:40 AM
Wall wants to recruit Cousins to Wizards. Why would any stars wanna form a super team in the west? West already has Warriors and pending Rockets banana boat. Spurs still a good team as well. The east is a bit thin all around. Be easier to make a super team in the east.

exactly this. any new superteam being formed is gonna happen in the east not the west. why risk not even making the finals?

Vinylman
07-12-2017, 08:49 AM
lol if you say so. we have the brightest future in the league. the Lakers have been just as bad as us for quite sometime now.

LMFAO

Um ... No

Nice young players ain't **** dude... brightest future?... that's like saying you are 100m champ and fail to mention that you are running in the special olympics

warfelg
07-12-2017, 08:50 AM
LMFAO

Um ... No

Nice young players ain't **** dude... brightest future?... that's like saying you are 100m champ and fail to mention that you are running in the special olympics

Sometimes you're a good poster. Sometimes your a **** poster. This is the latter.

Almost any knowledgeable basketball person will tell you the Sixers have one of the brightest futures in the NBA.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 08:52 AM

6 years ago we were in game 7 of the East semis losing in the final mins to a fluke Rondo 3. But yea its been a decade since we were .500 lol

LA4life24/8
07-12-2017, 09:29 AM
6 years ago we were in game 7 of the East semis losing in the final mins to a fluke Rondo 3. But yea its been a decade since we were .500 lol

7 years ago we were winning back to back chips and having gone to three finals in a row... we have been historically bad (for the lakers) but we have been the best (or tied for best, them damn spurs) team of the last 20 years even though weve been awful a quarter of that

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 10:15 AM
7 years ago we were winning back to back chips and having gone to three finals in a row... we have been historically bad (for the lakers) but we have been the best (or tied for best, them damn spurs) team of the last 20 years even though weve been awful a quarter of that

thats cool but Kobe, Shaq, and Phil are gone and the Lakers have been the B team in LA for the last 4 years. No one of importance has came as an FA and Howard bolted despite his strong desire to play in LA.

Vinylman
07-12-2017, 10:25 AM
Sometimes you're a good poster. Sometimes your a **** poster. This is the latter.

Almost any knowledgeable basketball person will tell you the Sixers have one of the brightest futures in the NBA.

no they won't ... what they will tell you is that they have one of the better stables of young players ... that has nothing to do with a bright future because your management team is still inferior to most.

PSD... where everyone sucks each others dicks over draft picks and young players... at the end of the day they are just spec's

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 10:29 AM
thats cool but Kobe, Shaq, and Phil are gone and the Lakers have been the B team in LA for the last 4 years. No one of importance has came as an FA and Howard bolted despite his strong desire to play in LA.

B team? Maybe in the win Column but this city, and state is OWNED BY LAL.

And it's not even close. Only a matter of time.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 10:42 AM

The Lakers have had so much success in my early and late 20's that the rebuild doesn't bother me. It happens to teams all the time. We had a all time great here for 20 years and he was a part of 5 championships, 3 with Shaq, another all time great. You never seen a top 10 all time player on the Sixers. You probably weren't even born to see them win the championship in the 80's.

You are sold on hope with no results to show.

Never seen a fan of a team that most likely won't win a championship in the next 20 0lus years be so proud.

You like to compare to the Lakers because we have been sucking, but we have been sucking because we came off title runs and tried to make a last run with an older all time great. The Sixers have been sucking because that is what they do whole trading it's franchise greats.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 10:45 AM

Lol, There is a reason the other LA team covers up banners and jerseys with pictures.

Forget LA, the Sixers have been the F team in the NBA. They can't even point to a dominant run ending, just point to incompetence.

prodigy
07-12-2017, 10:48 AM
I still need someone to explain why in the heck Lebron would go to the Lakers lol. I mean He'll be leaving HIS team, Giving up finals appearances in the weak East, Going to play in Kobe's and many others shadows, Giving up millions upon millions of Dollars, Giving up Finals and chances at rings. I don't wanna hear about the Hollywood side, Lebrons doing just fine with movies, shows etc... He wants his kids to play High school basketball at "the Lebron James Arena" in akron.

I just don't understand. He would be a fool to do that. No disrespect 2 Lakers, They got a solid young team. But Lebrons not in his prime anymore. I see him joining Boston before Lakers lol. But hes not leaving Cleveland Again. He's gonna retire a Cav then most likely buy them. Which is what he's always wanted to do.

I understand thats boring. I understand people hate seeing Cleveland teams do well (for whatever reason Not like we've done much in sports lol) But its time to move on. ESPN needs to move on.

LA4life24/8
07-12-2017, 10:55 AM

Juss sayin if you wanna bring up the past to determine what team doesn't suck the lakers arent the team to use that argument against

Vinylman
07-12-2017, 10:59 AM
I still need someone to explain why in the heck Lebron would go to the Lakers lol. I mean He'll be leaving HIS team, Giving up finals appearances in the weak East, Going to play in Kobe's and many others shadows, Giving up millions upon millions of Dollars, Giving up Finals and chances at rings. I don't wanna hear about the Hollywood side, Lebrons doing just fine with movies, shows etc... He wants his kids to play High school basketball at "the Lebron James Arena" in akron.

I just don't understand. He would be a fool to do that. No disrespect 2 Lakers, They got a solid young team. But Lebrons not in his prime anymore. I see him joining Boston before Lakers lol. But hes not leaving Cleveland Again. He's gonna retire a Cav then most likely buy them. Which is what he's always wanted to do.

I understand thats boring. I understand people hate seeing Cleveland teams do well (for whatever reason Not like we've done much in sports lol) But its time to move on. ESPN needs to move on.

As someone who doesn't really care for LeBron I would have to say his one chance to past MJ is to go out west and put a team together that beats the GSW... If he can do that and win a championship it would be game over in terms of GOAT...

and this is coming from someone who really doesn't like the guy and loved MJ.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:00 AM
The Lakers have had so much success in my early and late 20's that the rebuild doesn't bother me. It happens to teams all the time. We had a all time great here for 20 years and he was a part of 5 championships, 3 with Shaq, another all time great. You never seen a top 10 all time player on the Sixers. You probably weren't even born to see them win the championship in the 80's.

You are sold on hope with no results to show.

Never seen a fan of a team that most likely won't win a championship in the next 20 0lus years be so proud.

You like to compare to the Lakers because we have been sucking, but we have been sucking because we came off title runs and tried to make a last run with an older all time great. The Sixers have been sucking because that is what they do whole trading it's franchise greats.

oh i agree if i were you with all the success in the past i wouldnt be too mad about how things are now, they have the potential to improve at least. We both have been sucking for the same reason lol trying to make money in a big market and stay competitive. Thing is you are still paying for your moves from 4 years ago (look to be almost rid of the mess) while we put that way in the rearview and didnt try to BS our fans that we are trying to win like LA has the last 4 years. Health is the only thing likely holding us back form becoming a force in the very near future.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Juss sayin if you wanna bring up the past to determine what team doesn't suck the lakers arent the team to use that argument against

i didnt bring up the past. that was done on the very first page that had nothing to do with my post. the mighty have fallen hard so i get it.

warfelg
07-12-2017, 11:27 AM
Lol, There is a reason the other LA team covers up banners and jerseys with pictures.

Yea because they rent the space from the Lakers....

Vinylman
07-12-2017, 11:35 AM

no they don't... AEG owns the Staples Center... not the Lakers

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:38 AM
what team in their right minds wouldnt cover up an other teams banners if they share an arena? it was stupid to never not do that

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:43 AM

They don't.

Say they did. What does that have to do with them covering the banners? Lol.

Again though. They don't rent space from the Lakers.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 11:43 AM

You just never know with these guys anymore though is the thing. If he goes to the Lakers, that's HIS team as well.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:44 AM
what team in their right minds wouldnt cover up an other teams banners if they share an arena? it was stupid to never not do that

They should go put a tarp over the Magic, Shaq, and Hearn statues out in front also.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:45 AM
You just never know with these guys anymore though is the thing. If he goes to the Lakers, that's HIS team as well.

Exactly. Any team the best player in basketball goes to, it would be his team. lol

warfelg
They don't.

Say they did. What does that have to do with them covering the banners? Lol.

Again though. They don't rent space from the Lakers.

Ok even then if you don't realize that wanting the arena to feel like it's their own is important then I dunno what to say.

WaDe03
Sixers do have one of the brightest futures if they stay healthy. That's a huge if with Embiid at this point. Those foot injuries are bad in Simmons case and can linger but I feel confident about him. If I'm a Sixers fan I'm terrified by Embiids health as that is a huge part of them being successful in the future.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 11:46 AM
Exactly. Any team the best player in basketball goes to, it would be his team. lol

Yea I agree, dude is still on his own level.

warfelg
07-12-2017, 11:46 AM

Exactly. Doesn't WFC dim the Flyers banners in Sixers games and vice versa?

I know back in the day Hartford did that for Whalers vs UCONN games.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:48 AM
Ok even then if you don't realize that wanting the arena to feel like it's their own is important then I dunno what to say.

Statues are ok? They only did that when they got good and never were able to hang their own. Heard they might be moving to Inglewood, so they can take the pictures with them. Probably had to throw the CP3 one away.

metswon69
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
Simmon's predictions are about as useless as Skip Bayless's predictions.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 11:49 AM
I have a cap question......are cap holds in place so you can go over the cap to resign someone? If you renounce someone's cap hold you can still sign them but it just counts towards the cap and you can't go over the cap to sign them now right?

I'm just wondering because I assume Lopez will have a huge cap hold but if they renounce him and build a super team they could retain him for the minimum or MLE if he wants to win. He's cashed out the last few years. He's pretty underrated and is probably the best shooter at C behind Gasol which is huge to have from your C these days. He may even be a bench guy at the point of joining a super team so that would be a huge boost.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:50 AM
Simmon's predictions are about as useless as Skip Bayless's predictions.

I don't even thin it should be a thread. He was just thinking out loud, but 4 guys of that caliber coming together and taking less is so hard to put together, even 3 guys. I can see 2 of them teaming up somewhere.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 11:51 AM
or get their own arena like they are doing

That would be nice for them, they can leave the pictures up all year.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:52 AM
They should go put a tarp over the Magic, Shaq, and Hearn statues out in front also.

or get their own arena like they are doing

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 11:52 AM
im actually pretty confident in Embiid in terms of getting 60ish games a year. he didnt have any issues with his foot last year and the knee injury was just an unlucky, awkward fall. It all hinges on him in terms of being a title contender but we do have tons of talent to remain competitive without him just not not hat same level obviously.

Hope you're right because he's fun too watch. Just seems like he may be too big and awkward to consistently stay healthy. They had him on that minutes restriction and he still only managed to play 31 games last year.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 11:53 AM
if im Cousins im going East and trying my luck with Beal/Wall/Porter. Not sure if it would work contract wise but even if they had to move Porter they can find someone good enough for that role.

I think this is what he does. Also why I don't think the Wizards should've matched.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:54 AM
Sixers do have one of the brightest futures if they stay healthy. That's a huge if with Embiid at this point. Those foot injuries are bad in Simmons case and can linger but I feel confident about him. If I'm a Sixers fan I'm terrified by Embiids health as that is a huge part of them being successful in the future.

im actually pretty confident in Embiid in terms of getting 60ish games a year. he didnt have any issues with his foot last year and the knee injury was just an unlucky, awkward fall. It all hinges on him in terms of being a title contender but we do have tons of talent to remain competitive without him just not not hat same level obviously.

warfelg
07-12-2017, 11:54 AM
I have a cap question......are cap holds in place so you can go over the cap to resign someone? If you renounce someone's cap hold you can still sign them but it just counts towards the cap and you can't go over the cap to sign them now right?

I'm just wondering because I assume Lopez will have a huge cap hold but if they renounce him and build a super team they could retain him for the minimum or MLE if he wants to win. He's cashed out the last few years. He's pretty underrated and is probably the best shooter at C behind Gasol which is huge to have from your C these days. He may even be a bench guy at the point of joining a super team so that would be a huge boost.

Yes. If you renounce the cap hold you are giving up bird rights, which means you can't go over the cap to sign them.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 11:56 AM
I don't even thin it should be a thread. He was just thinking out loud, but 4 guys of that caliber coming together and taking less is so hard to put together, even 3 guys. I can see 2 of them teaming up somewhere.

if im Cousins im going East and trying my luck with Beal/Wall/Porter. Not sure if it would work contract wise but even if they had to move Porter they can find someone good enough for that role.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 12:53 PM
can't build it just through FA, and I see nobody on the Lakers roster that will be a superstar.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
can't build it just through FA, and I see nobody on the Lakers roster that will be a superstar.

But does it really matter what you see? Ball hasn't played an NBA game yet and Ingram is about as old as this rookie class.

But still, it doesn't matter what you see.

Im willing to bet that in 2018-2019 season, the Lakers have a better record than the T Wolves. lets say $100 through paypal?

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 01:02 PM
But does it really matter what you see? Ball hasn't played an NBA game yet and Ingram is about as old as this rookie class.

Im willing to bet that in 2018-2019 season, the Lakers have a better record than the T Wolves. lets say $100 through paypal?

Woooop! He's gonna duck you on that one! Got his Laker Hater goggles on! I don't listen to anything he has to say about the Lakers. He's loving that we been losing the pass 5/6years.

Firefistus
07-12-2017, 01:05 PM

His point was it's impossible to grab that many players for max money through Free Agency. You cannot sign anyone once you're over the salary cap unless you sign them for MLE and minimum. Since max deals are 30% of the salary cap you can only sign 3 players if you have 10% salary cap distribution to your other players. And I broke it down earlier, people probably haven't seen it.

Even if you trade Deng you need to trade Clarkson as well to get a third player for 20% of your cap. Otherwise you'll only be able to sign 2 players to max money. It's impossible to sign 4 free agents for max money, unless you have bird rights on 2 of them. So that's an idiotic statement.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 01:08 PM
His point was it's impossible to grab that many players for max money through Free Agency. You cannot sign anyone once you're over the salary cap unless you sign them for MLE and minimum. Since max deals are 30% of the salary cap you can only sign 3 players if you have 10% salary cap distribution to your other players. And I broke it down earlier, people probably haven't seen it.

Even if you trade Deng you need to trade Clarkson as well to get a third player for 20% of your cap. Otherwise you'll only be able to sign 2 players to max money. It's impossible to sign 4 free agents for max money, unless you have bird rights on 2 of them. So that's an idiotic statement.

I know how the cap works and that wasn't his point. And you just build through free agency, look at the HEAT team that won 2 titles and went to 4 finals.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 01:11 PM

I get that you Laker fans don't agree with what I see.

Ingram had a terrible rookie year. Ball I have already stated my pre-NBA opinions on.

I could care less about betting on records dude. My team sucks, always has, and until proven otherwise, always will. Why would I bet on them?

I am stating, to build a power like GS, you need to nail multiple draft picks. Free agency is not how you build it. And I don't see any prospects the Lakers have that will be what GS's turned into.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 01:12 PM
I get that you Laker fans don't agree with what I see.

Ingram had a terrible rookie year. Ball I have already stated my pre-NBA opinions on.

I could care less about betting on records dude. My team sucks, always has, and until proven otherwise, always will. Why would I bet on them?

I am stating, to build a power like GS, you need to nail multiple draft picks. Free agency is not how you build it. And I don't see any prospects the Lakers have that will be what GS's turned into.

I know what you are saying. I am saying you are not any kind of expert so your opinion on what you see is worthless. It is just an opinion from someone that isn't employed by any team to judge how a player may develop. You said Ball wasn't athletic.. Lol, that is where we say you don't know what you are talking about.

and GS had some luck with Curry always being hurt, not taking much of the cap with his 2nd contract. If Curry wasn't always hurt they would have had better records and his cap number would have been higher.

Hawkeye15
Woooop! He's gonna duck you on that one! Got his Laker Hater goggles on! I don't listen to anything he has to say about the Lakers. He's loving that we been losing the pass 5/6years.

do you just high five your computer after your Laker brothers post? Relax, we have our opinions. I didn't think the earth woke and slept with Kobe, nor do I think your team has a great future as is. **** can change, relax.

Gibby23
well, the Lakers better start clearing cap space so they have 3 max deals available. And then hope a once a generation player in his peak is available to come on over. Do you see that happening? That means letting Ingram, Clarkson, everyone, walk.

I think they are aiming for 2 max players and have avenues to clear the space. Why are you worried?

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 01:13 PM
I know how the cap works and that wasn't his point. And you just build through free agency, look at the HEAT team that won 2 titles and went to 4 finals.

well, the Lakers better start clearing cap space so they have 3 max deals available. And then hope a once a generation player in his peak is available to come on over. Do you see that happening? That means letting Ingram, Clarkson, everyone, walk.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:15 PM
Yes. If you renounce the cap hold you are giving up bird rights, which means you can't go over the cap to sign them.

Thanks!

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:19 PM
I will build the ultimate Lakers team when I have more time in this thread. More than likely Ball and Ingram are traded for a superstar in my scenario but we will see and I will put multiple scenarios. Magic Johnson will read my post and more than likely try to track me down and get me in the FO. If this is the case I want to let you all know it's been a pleasure posting with you the last 7 years as I'm sure this won't be allowed when I'm GM.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 01:21 PM
I think they are aiming for 2 max players and have avenues to clear the space. Why are you worried?

worried about what?

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 01:22 PM
worried about what?

Seems like you alway like to chime on what can and can not happen. Magic said the plan is 2 max players in 2018 while keeping Ingram and Ball. Why don't you sit back and see if it happens instead of spewing hate from the get go.

I mean the Wolves are going to max of Wiggins next season and he isn't that good. Are you not worried about that? Or is he a star?

You probably thought Paul George and Jimmy Butler were going to be stars at draft time or after their 1st seasons. Right?

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 01:22 PM
im not even high on Minnny and ill take that action all day

Ok, deal.

Bostonjorge
07-12-2017, 01:25 PM
In this new era of the salary cap going up every year superstar players are taking 1 year deals to cash out in a big 5 year deal.

So Lakers can sign Westbrook, James and George on 2 years deals with a opt out option on second. Durant has shown the way. Durant will be the architect of his own demise.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 01:25 PM

im not even high on Minnny and ill take that action all day

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:28 PM
Ok, deal.

Put it in your sig or it didn't happen

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:29 PM
In this new era of the salary cap going up every year superstar players are taking 1 year deals to cash out in a big 5 year deal.

So Lakers can sign Westbrook, James and George on 2 years deals with a opt out option on second. Durant has shown the way. Durant will be the architect of his own demise.

This is a good point.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:31 PM
All I know is Magic is going to make moves. He's not going to sit back in a rebuild, he's going to come out swinging in 2018 FA and I love it.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:32 PM
Woooop! :hi5: :D

Laker nation is strong in here right now with me you and Gibby!

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 01:33 PM
Put it in your sig or it didn't happen

Done. Lol

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 01:34 PM
I know what you are saying. I am saying you are not any kind of expert so your opinion on what you see is worthless. It is just an opinion from someone that isn't employed by any team to judge how a player may develop. You said Ball wasn't athletic.. Lol, that is where we say you don't know what you are talking about.

and GS had some luck with Curry always being hurt, not taking much of the cap with his 2nd contract. If Curry wasn't always hurt they would have had better records and his cap number would have been higher.

Woooop! :hi5: :D

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Seems like you alway like to chime on what can and can not happen. Magic said the plan is 2 max players in 2018 while keeping Ingram and Ball. Why don't you sit back and see if it happens instead of spewing hate from the get go.

I mean the Wolves are going to max of Wiggins next season and he isn't that good. Are you not worried about that? Or is he a star?

You probably thought Paul George and Jimmy Butler were going to be stars at draft time or after their 1st seasons. Right?

I don't define what can, and can't happen. I simply give my view on what will happen. I don't see any star prospects on the Lakers currently.

I get what Magic's plan is, but that takes a lot more than him just saying it is so. While LA will always be an attractive market, large markets, and the current regime in LA, don't have the appeal of yesterday.

I apologize, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to post in the NBA forum regarding the Lakers. I will keep my opinions to myself, and let you experts knock it out.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 01:51 PM

since this has nothing to do with the Lakers, I am going to weigh in..

Durant showed the way? He joined a superteam that was built through the draft, after a massive cap explosion that won't be seen again. He didn't architect anything, he found a 1 year gap of luck when he hit FA, and one of the most talented 3-4 teams in history had an open spot for him.

Anyone who thinks GS, if they stay together, can be beat by a team that doesn't already have the foundation of an elite team already in place (meaning multiple all stars on cheap deals), with money to spend and bring in more help, is brain dead.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:51 PM

Durant showed the way? He joined a superteam that was built through the draft, after a massive cap explosion that won't be seen again. He didn't architect anything, he found a 1 year gap of luck when he hit FA, and one of the most talented 3-4 teams in history had an open spot for him.

Anyone who thinks GS, if they stay together, can be beat by a team that doesn't already have the foundation of an elite team already in place (meaning multiple all stars on cheap deals), with money to spend and bring in more help, is brain dead.

I think he's speaking more to the signing, not the team he joined and how they were built.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more stars take 1 year deals if they switch teams so they can sign that 5 year deal the year after. This could also help them get other players to join if they take slight paycuts that first year.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 01:52 PM
:laugh2: I'm gonna laugh when Wade is a Laker and you actually join the brotherhood.

If he's in there, I'm in there!!!!

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 01:54 PM
Laker nation is strong in here right now with me you and Gibby!

:laugh2: I'm gonna laugh when Wade is a Laker and you actually join the brotherhood.

Bostonjorge
07-12-2017, 02:15 PM

I was talking about Durant signing for 25 million instead of 33 million for 1 year. Durant sacrifice this type of $ because he wants to win again next year while keeping his team together. He can still get his full $ next year or the year after.

This formula will work and if a true Superstar like Durant can take less $ for 1 year then more true Superstars will follow. Sacrifice 1 year to win and still get paid in a longer 5 year deal with max raises. The more I think about it, this way is better then signing a max 4 year deal right off the bat.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 02:16 PM
I think he's speaking more to the signing, not the team he joined and how they were built.

I wouldn't be surprised to see more stars take 1 year deals if they switch teams so they can sign that 5 year deal the year after. This could also help them get other players to join if they take slight paycuts that first year.

Thing is, there is no team currently, and honestly ever, that is that talented, and has room for a max deal.

It's why GS is unbeatable currently, imo. They added an all time talent, in his peak, to a team that didn't even need him to be a potential dynasty.

By the way, if you leave your team in FA, you will never get that money you left back.

Hawkeye15
07-12-2017, 02:24 PM
I was talking about Durant signing for 25 million instead of 33 million for 1 year. Durant sacrifice this type of $ because he wants to win again next year while keeping his team together. He can still get his full $ next year or the year after.

This formula will work and if a true Superstar like Durant can take less $ for 1 year then more true Superstars will follow. Sacrifice 1 year to win and still get paid in a longer 5 year deal with max raises. The more I think about it, this way is better then signing a max 4 year deal right off the bat.

ahh. Well, if you are depending on players to take less than their worth, to win, good luck. Players aren't doing that for teams that aren't true contenders (there are only a couple generally), and going to a team in FA absolutely changes the structure/pay potential of your career going forward. You are also talking about tier 1 guys (real tier 1 guys, not some of the all star level players being paid like tier 1 guys, they know better than to leave anything on the table, it probably never comes around again..). Again, most will never take a big enough break to matter that much.

Durant getting a pad on the back for leaving money on the table is hilarious. That won't be the norm. In fact, if it starts to become that, the NBA will restructure contracts immediately to give the drafting team an even bigger advantage. When you have most the league fighting against a few big markets like LA, NY, Chicago, etc, they vote for any advantage they can to keep their guys.

prodigy
07-12-2017, 02:39 PM

Magic Johnson said its Balls team. Plus I'm not sure Paul George Will feel great about playing cat women on a team he choose to sign with as a FA. Ball batman and lebron Robin. (according to Magic).

It just doesn't make sense.

prodigy
07-12-2017, 02:49 PM
Anyone in here who's a vet to these forums and read my stuff knows im not the biggest Lebron guy in the world. I respect him as the best all around basketball player to ever play the game, I respect him for coming back home and winning a ship for my team. But He's not my fav player on the cavs let alone the NBA.

So its not like im hanging from his Junk just wanting him to stay. I honestly have no idea why he would leave again. Someone mentioned going to the west and build a team that can beat the warriors. i think thats dumb because he would have a very tough time just getting out of the west. He has almost a 100% chance of making the finals on cavs baring injuries lol. Truth.

Need a real reason. Just haven't seen one.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 02:51 PM
If you watch Ball play, he's not about the spot light, or taking 15+ shots. He is a team first, unselfish player who loves to make the extra pass. It tends to rub off on his teammates too, they're even making the extra pass when he's on the bench.

Lonzo is the perfect type of player big time stars can and would love to play with. Lots of easy buckets.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 02:52 PM
Not to mention Lonzo, already made his pitch to Bron to join him, Lonzo doesn't need the spotlight. That's what makes him great.

prodigy
07-12-2017, 02:54 PM
Lonzo is the perfect type of player big time stars can and would love to play with. Lots of easy buckets.

Not really sure thats someone you would draft high lol. You can find good passers. high picks need to be guys who can dominate games and take over. I do think the Lakers land George. But you can't risk ur future on it. So if Lebron and PG don't come, no superstar comes how do you feel? Ball needs to become a superstar. His dad said he better then magic lol. Thats what i expect.

prodigy
07-12-2017, 02:56 PM
Ricky Rubio is a great passer. nobody is lining up to play with him. Gordon just left him lol. Stars wanna play with stars, not just a good passer.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 03:05 PM
Not really sure thats someone you would draft high lol. You can find good passers. high picks need to be guys who can dominate games and take over. I do think the Lakers land George. But you can't risk ur future on it. So if Lebron and PG don't come, no superstar comes how do you feel? Ball needs to become a superstar. His dad said he better then magic lol. Thats what i expect.

So if someone's potential is 17/19pts a game and 11+ assist a game you wouldn't draft him high?

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 03:08 PM
Ricky Rubio is a great passer. nobody is lining up to play with him. Gordon just left him lol. Stars wanna play with stars, not just a good passer.

Rubio < Ball

Lonzo can stretch the floor, shot 50% FG and 45% 3pt.

I think, and it's a wild theory but did you watch Summer League Fri/Sat?

The stadium was packed sold out for the first time in 14/15 years. The Lakers fan base showed up bigtime, it was amazing. I was there, the way the crowd was almost like a playoff atmosphere, I think players took notice.... I can see Stars teaming up in LAL, especially if they can free up some more cap and be about 80mill in cap space next summer.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Ball isn't Rubio. Way more athletic and a better shooter.

You still got a whole year with LeBron, enjoy it instead of coming up with reasons as to why he won't leave.

SteBO
07-12-2017, 03:13 PM
Ball isn't Rubio. Way more athletic and a better shooter.

You still got a whole year with LeBron, enjoy it instead of coming up with reasons as to why he won't leave.
Agreed on first part.

Honest question dude. Why do you think LBJ would go to the Lakers? What's in it for him? Can't be winning....Warriors are still a thing.

goingfor28
07-12-2017, 03:13 PM
:dance:

Reminds me of the playoffs thread that Horford was historic in.
He was amazing. Lol

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 03:16 PM
Agreed on first part.

Honest question dude. Why do you think LBJ would go to the Lakers? What's in it for him? Can't be winning....Warriors are still a thing.
I don't really think Lebron will come. I don't know why the media is running with it.

Only thing I'm pretty confident in is PG13 coming and beyond that your guess is as good as mine.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 03:42 PM
Actually if Lonzo and Ingram develop, re-sign Lopez and fill the bench with solid young guys and players like Wade...

Lebron + PG13 would have a great shot at beating the Warriors.

Lebron also has business in LA, he could set himself up after basketball too. His wife wants to be in SoCal, and Lebron would win the heart of LakersNation.

I think he is definitely going to take a good look at LAL.

And as most of you all know, I ****ing can't stand Lebron. But I love the Lakers and I want the best for them. If Bron came to LAL and won 2 championships, that would catapult him to the top.

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 04:01 PM
Rubio < Ball

Lonzo can stretch the floor, shot 50% FG and 45% 3pt.

I think, and it's a wild theory but did you watch Summer League Fri/Sat?

The stadium was packed sold out for the first time in 14/15 years. The Lakers fan base showed up bigtime, it was amazing. I was there, the way the crowd was almost like a playoff atmosphere, I think players took notice.... I can see Stars teaming up in LAL, especially if they can free up some more cap and be about 80mill in cap space next summer.

that shot likely isnt going to translate well and opening SL going 7-28 isnt a good start.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 04:04 PM
that shot likely isnt going to translate well and opening SL going 7-28 isnt a good start.

He's been shooting that way since college, probably earlier. He shoots way deep, well pass NBA 3pt. Sports Science showed that his release is as fast as Klay Thompson.

Yea, I don't think his shooting struggles for much longer, he didn't play legit ball for a long time before these past two games. Also, the kid was probably a bit nervous, he's just off, he'll get it back and when he does....

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:25 PM

What are you basing it on thought? Legit question? Summer League? He hasn't played for a while.

What do you think his 3 point% will be this season?

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:25 PM
its different when no one is bothering to cover you fro that range in college let alone now he is with 100000x bigger, faster, stronger, faster, smarter players. i think he will hover around league avg or below most of his career.

so what % from 3?

Bostonjorge
07-12-2017, 04:26 PM
New death lineup

C. James
PF. George
SF. Ingram
SG. Westbrook
PG. Ball

Sign a C to start over Ingram and run the GS system. Walton knows the system already. They can even put the finals matchup against GS on Pay Per View.

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
Sig bet?

Hold on, Im about to bet him some cash. lol

TheDish87
07-12-2017, 04:27 PM
its different when no one is bothering to cover you fro that range in college let alone now he is with 100000x bigger, faster, stronger, faster, smarter players. i think he will hover around league avg or below most of his career.

GREATNESS ONE
07-12-2017, 04:30 PM
Sig bet?