PDA

View Full Version : Better new duo in the west..

nastynice
07-09-2017, 04:31 PM
Which pair will be better, Harden + cp3 or Westbrook + George?

I feel Westbrook and George naturally compliment each other better, but George should be the closer and I don't know if that's gonna happen.

I think in Houston it depends on how cp3 plays off the ball. His strength is having the ball in his hand and breaking down the d, exactly like harden. Both can shoot, but that doesn't necessarily translate to good off the ball player. They'll figure it out tho, feed the hot hand

I think Westbrook and George will be better overall. I think they're much better defensively, and compliment each other better on offense. I think Houston will finish a higher seed, too much shooting

Either way, both potent combos, both should finish 5th or higher or it'll be disappointing, even when figuring out how to gel

GREATNESS ONE
07-09-2017, 04:49 PM
Ball & Ingram.

JAZZNC
07-09-2017, 05:27 PM
I dunno about George being the closer?? Have you seen his end game stats? They're horrible.

I do feel like Westbrook and George are the better combo but we will see. Paul and Harden will likely have more talent around them so they will have a better regular season record. I would love to see these 2 teams match up in the playoffs. CP3 vs Westbrook would be very interesting, I think Westbrook would dominate that matchup.

Mr.B
07-09-2017, 05:37 PM
Smith/Curry

WaDe03
07-09-2017, 05:53 PM
George is 0-15 on game winning shots in his career......

Balltime
07-09-2017, 07:12 PM
Has to be Westbrook and George for me. Although both duos may have chemistry issues, West and George versatility along with their talents, I prefer.

nastynice
07-09-2017, 07:13 PM
Well, George 4th quarter, not necessarily last second shot

B'sCeltsPatsSox
07-09-2017, 07:32 PM
cp3 harden

Htownballa1622
07-10-2017, 10:52 AM
Considering

Harden>westbrook
cp3> George

It's Rockets.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 11:01 AM
George in the 4th: 5.6 points on 44.7% shooting
Westbrook in the 4th: 10 points on 44.3% shooting

Westbrook has more rebounds and assists too. I would say he's the better 4th quarter player.

hugepatsfan
07-10-2017, 11:07 AM
On paper HOU's is better. Harden/CP3 I don't think have ever played with guys like each other though. Westbrook/KD gives some frame of reference for how Westbrook/PG will work together. So there's a little less projection in OKC as to how they can co-exist. In HOU there might be more of an adjustment period. CP3 has always been THE playmaker for his team and while Harden played with other top guys in OKC, he didn't exercise his own talents the way he does in HOU. But I would still go with the talent in HOU, even if it might take a little longer.

tredigs
07-10-2017, 12:13 PM
Year 3/breakout Towns + Jimmy B would be my choice as best incoming super duo actually. We should see 28/12/3 with elite 3pt/FT shooting from Towns and more of the same top 10 level play from Jimmy. Only question for me is whether or not we see KAT make the jump offensively (ironic that in year 3 this is the question that we have of him and not vice versa... given the talk about him on draft day). That tandem just offers more potential and more issues for the opposition. Plus both are entering or in their prime. CP3 is 32 and has compounding injuries, and PG/Westbrook for some reason does not scare me that much. I see a lot of overlapping skill sets and not the best cohesion between the two. Time will tell though.

LA4life24/8
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
Given another season i think boogie and brow will be a good dup too. They are still new enough to be considered imo

Scoots
07-10-2017, 03:02 PM
If we are talking stats then the Rockets system generates more stats than OKCs system overall ... we can guess that the Rockets won't run all that different a system next year, but now that OKC isn't trying to get Westbrook his stats we really don't know what their offense will look like.

I'd guess CP3/Harden at the moment.

mrblisterdundee
07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
1. Curry and Durant
2. Harden and Paul
3. Westbrook and George
4. Durant and Draymond
5. Curry and Thompson
6. Curry and Draymond
7. Durant and Thompson
8. Butler and Towns
9. Davis and Cousins
10. Jokic and Millsap

Honorable Mention: Lillard and McCollum

Bausman
07-12-2017, 06:02 PM
1. Curry and Durant
2. Harden and Paul
3. Westbrook and George
4. Durant and Draymond
5. Curry and Thompson
6. Curry and Draymond
7. Durant and Thompson
8. Butler and Towns
9. Davis and Cousins
10. Jokic and Millsap

Carter and Randolph

rhino17
07-12-2017, 06:06 PM
George is definitively the worst of the 4 players. Harden being the best, followed by Westbrook.... 2/3 of the best are on Houston so i will take them

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Wade and Brook Lopez.

IKnowHoops
07-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Year 3/breakout Towns + Jimmy B would be my choice as best incoming super duo actually. We should see 28/12/3 with elite 3pt/FT shooting from Towns and more of the same top 10 level play from Jimmy. Only question for me is whether or not we see KAT make the jump offensively (ironic that in year 3 this is the question that we have of him and not vice versa... given the talk about him on draft day). That tandem just offers more potential and more issues for the opposition. Plus both are entering or in their prime. CP3 is 32 and has compounding injuries, and PG/Westbrook for some reason does not scare me that much. I see a lot of overlapping skill sets and not the best cohesion between the two. Time will tell though.

Agreed.

The super team foundation is in MN. They are Lebron and PG away from beating GS.

tredigs
07-12-2017, 07:40 PM
Agreed.

The super team foundation is in MN. They are Lebron and PG away from beating GS.
Lol. PG for Wiggins would be enough to go toe to toe with how they matchup.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 08:44 PM

If we were ranking Harden, Paul, Butler and Towns, most NBA fans and analysts would rank Harden and Paul as No. 1 and No. 2 on that list. I think you're absolutely reaching here.

IKnowHoops
07-12-2017, 09:58 PM
Lol. PG for Wiggins would be enough to go toe to toe with how they matchup.

I don't want them matching up lol. I want blood.

IKnowHoops
07-12-2017, 10:01 PM
If we were ranking Harden, Paul, Butler and Towns, most NBA fans and analysts would rank Harden and Paul as No. 1 and No. 2 on that list. I think you're absolutely reaching here.

Next season Towns could be the best. But I feel you. But I still feel Towns has the best career out of the 4.

THE MTL
07-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Westbrook and George definitely compliment each other better.

However when its all said and done, CP3 and Harden will be the better duo.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 10:42 PM
Next season Towns could be the best. But I feel you.
So, this statement I can buy. He's No. 4 on that list right now, but at least he's close enough, this could be a feasible leap for him to make.

But I still feel Towns has the best career out of the 4.
This statement, however, seems a little crazy to me. Right now, Paul is probably in the top 25-30 of any competent NBA fan or analyst's all-time list and Harden is creeping his way into the top 50-75 discussion. Towns has had two really good seasons playing for terrible basketball teams, and we have no clue what his peak/prime will look like or how long he'll play in the league. Butler? Sure. He's only a hair behind Butler already, and Butler's been in the league four years longer. But it would take an exponential improvement for KAT to catch Harden and Paul, and there are way too many variables to predict something like that.

tredigs
07-12-2017, 11:03 PM

I'm talking about who I would want from next year on. Jimmy is entering his peak already right there with CP3 and Harden in terms of all around impact and Towns is turning 22 and coming off a sophomore campaign where he averaged an efficient 25/12/3. Their current impact combined with the most potential in both ends easily makes them the scariest duo to me.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 11:20 PM
I'm talking about who I would want from next year on. Jimmy is entering his peak already right there with CP3 and Harden in terms of all around impact and Towns is turning 22 and coming off a sophomore campaign where he averaged an efficient 25/12/3. Their current impact combined with the most potential in both ends easily makes them the scariest duo to me.

Harden and Paul are already top 10 guys who have been superstars for the better part of a decade. Butler and Towns are just coming into their own. The idea that they're going to surpass Harden and Paul as players next season is just kind of absurd. If you want to make the "long-term" statement, fine. But the thread simply is asking who the best new duo is, not "Which duo would you rather have in three years?"

tredigs
07-13-2017, 12:17 AM
Harden and Paul are already top 10 guys who have been superstars for the better part of a decade. Butler and Towns are just coming into their own. The idea that they're going to surpass Harden and Paul as players next season is just kind of absurd. If you want to make the "long-term" statement, fine. But the thread simply is asking who the best new duo is, not "Which duo would you rather have in three years?"

There is nothing absurd at all about thinking Butler and Towns are the more potent and dangerous combination of the two, specifically when it comes to me thinking of it in the context of them as contender (inevitably going through GS). They are without question the scariest combination to me, regardless of CP3/Harden's past and current ranking as players. It's slightly more complex than that.

Heediot
07-13-2017, 12:32 AM

Why is it absurd? Paul is declining or will be real soon. Towns is trending up. How many guys can average 25 at his age and not even be in their prime?

mightybosstone
07-14-2017, 11:24 PM
There is nothing absurd at all about thinking Butler and Towns are the more potent and dangerous combination of the two, specifically when it comes to me thinking of it in the context of them as contender (inevitably going through GS). They are without question the scariest combination to me, regardless of CP3/Harden's past and current ranking as players. It's slightly more complex than that.

How about the fact that Butler was the best player of a 41-win team and Towns was the best player of a 31-win team while Harden and Paul's squads won a combined 106 games last season? Willing to bet on which team will win more games next season? Because I feel fairly comfortable which duo will come out on top.

nastynice
07-14-2017, 11:41 PM
How about the fact that Butler was the best player of a 41-win team and Towns was the best player of a 31-win team while Harden and Paul's squads won a combined 106 games last season? Willing to bet on which team will win more games next season? Because I feel fairly comfortable which duo will come out on top.

I'll take that bet. You're in the driver seat, but the wolves are poised to start making a push.

Plus it'll help add to the general psd rockets Warriors (and now wolves?) beef :)

L8kers4life
07-15-2017, 12:05 AM
1. Curry and Durant
2. Harden and Paul
3. Westbrook and George
4. Durant and Draymond
5. Curry and Thompson
6. Curry and Draymond
7. Durant and Thompson
8. Butler and Towns
9. Davis and Cousins
10. Jokic and Millsap

Uh
LeBron/Kyrie

Scoots
07-15-2017, 08:02 PM
Uh
LeBron/Kyrie

Are you saying that because you are predicting LeBron/Kyrie are going to be Lakers this season? The question was top duo in the WEST.

JasonJohnHorn
07-15-2017, 08:53 PM
How about Lonzo Lopez? Hello.

;-)

tredigs
07-15-2017, 10:30 PM
I love how angry and non sensical you are. If it makes you feel better, they will all (as usual) be losers in the playoffs.

I'm not a puss, I bet on the future.

Hawkeye15
07-15-2017, 11:40 PM
Even if Lebron and Irving were in the west there are better duos

tredigs
07-15-2017, 11:52 PM
Even if Lebron and Irving were in the onwest there are better duos

Only one.

mightybosstone
07-16-2017, 08:14 AM
I love how angry and non sensical you are. If it makes you feel better, they will all (as usual) be losers in the playoffs.

I'm not a puss, I bet on the future.

Not angry at all, chief. Just being direct. That's how I debate.

And I don't think it's nonsensical at all. I honestly think that young players on bad teams that develop a reputation for losing often have a hard time flipping the script. I think that hurt Minnesota last season. They could play three damn fine quarters of basketball, but they had no clue how to win close games, and they blew a lot of fourth-quarter leads.

In Butler's defense, he has some experience as an alpha dog on good teams. But it can still be hard to turn around a losing culture, and I think it's asinine to assume the Wolves are suddenly going to win 55-60 games overnight. It's going to take time for those personalities to mesh, and I see them losing some games early on in the season.

tredigs
07-16-2017, 09:52 AM

And I don't think it's nonsensical at all. I honestly think that young players on bad teams that develop a reputation for losing often have a hard time flipping the script. I think that hurt Minnesota last season. They could play three damn fine quarters of basketball, but they had no clue how to win close games, and they blew a lot of fourth-quarter leads.

In Butler's defense, he has some experience as an alpha dog on good teams. But it can still be hard to turn around a losing culture, and I think it's asinine to assume the Wolves are suddenly going to win 55-60 games overnight. It's going to take time for those personalities to mesh, and I see them losing some games early on in the season.
You apparently do not even understand the debate and are now just putting words in my mouth. I did not say the Wolves team would push 60 wins or win more reg season games than the Rockets. I said that duo offers more issues to the Warriors and as such are the bigger wildcard and simply a more dangerous combo come (certainly going forward, and probably already next season) playoff time. Reading comprehension, "chief". Plus, is there a less scary player than James Harden in a closeout game?

As an aside, bringing in Taj and Jimmy under Thibs will change that culture quick. As is Towns looks ready to take over. He has a whopping two losing seasons under his belt, and that ends for him and the team this season.

Scoots
07-16-2017, 11:29 AM
You apparently do not even understand the debate and are now just putting words in my mouth. I did not say the Wolves team would push 60 wins or win more reg season games than the Rockets. I said that duo offers more issues to the Warriors and as such are the bigger wildcard and simply a more dangerous combo come (certainly going forward, and probably already next season) playoff time. Reading comprehension, "chief". Plus, is there a less scary player than James Harden in a closeout game?

As an aside, bringing in Taj and Jimmy under Thibs will change that culture quick. As is Towns looks ready to take over. He has a whopping two losing seasons under his belt, and that ends for him and the team this season.

I was surprised how much the Wolves still struggled under Thibs last year. I wonder if Rubio and Levine were issues beyond what was evident and that's why they were moved ... as part of a culture change? I'm not sure we will see a sudden change this year, but clearly Thibs wanted some different players to turn the ship.

tredigs
07-16-2017, 12:11 PM
I was surprised how much the Wolves still struggled under Thibs last year. I wonder if Rubio and Levine were issues beyond what was evident and that's why they were moved ... as part of a culture change? I'm not sure we will see a sudden change this year, but clearly Thibs wanted some different players to turn the ship.

Still a young team with new pieces so I'm sure we won't see the full shift for them this season (at least not for a few months), but peak Jimmy Butler with year 3 Towns is a potentially devastatingly good tandem (which is what I was focusing on as that is what the thread is asking). We know what we are getting with CP3+Harden even if they mesh well. The Warriors got them crushed. It's the wild card of an emerging superstar at the center position along with a dominant/peak 2 WAY wing that holds concern for me as a Warrior fan going forward. As a fan in general I'm just really excited to see that team go this yesr.

rhino17
07-16-2017, 12:25 PM

Totally agree with this. Jimmy Butler isn't gonna add the 20-30 wins Minny needs to even have a chance.

I think a 6 seed is their ceiling next season. In order to compete with golden state, you have to knock down 3s at a high rate, you just won't score enough otherwise. Minny doesn't have that, outside of Towns, the rest of the starters are really inconsistent shooters. They also still don't have a PF worth anything imo

JasonJohnHorn
07-16-2017, 07:26 PM
I'll take that bet. You're in the driver seat, but the wolves are poised to start making a push.

Plus it'll help add to the general psd rockets Warriors (and now wolves?) beef :)

I think I'm with you on this. I think the T-Wolves are in a position to do exceedingly well this year.

I think they have more over all talent, and a better coach. To be honest, starting a franchise, I take Butler over Harden. CP3 is a personal fav, but I think Townes and their depth in the front court will help them. They do need some shooters though.

Excited to see how this Minny team pans out.

mightybosstone
07-16-2017, 07:41 PM

Actually, I understand the thread just fine. You're claiming that the duo of Towns and Butler are the most dangerous new duo in the West. Well, where I come from, as crazy as it may sound to you, I judge success by winning.

(You'd think a guy who roots for unquestionably the best team in the league would understand this concept, but I digress... :eyebrow:)

If you're judging "best" solely as "this team could feasibly hypothetically pose a bigger threat to the Warriors on paper," I'm sorry, but that's idiotic. The Wolves have to actually get to the postseason and face the Warriors in the playoffs before that happens. And just because a particular duo matches up better or creates more issues hardly makes them better players. That's just a matchup issue. It has literally zero to do with talent, so I hope your argument goes beyond that.

And, actually, I can think of a LOT less scary players in a closeout game. Towns, a guy with zero postseason experience, would certainly be on that list.

mightybosstone
07-16-2017, 07:45 PM
I think I'm with you on this. I think the T-Wolves are in a position to do exceedingly well this year.

I think they have more over all talent, and a better coach. To be honest, starting a franchise, I take Butler over Harden. CP3 is a personal fav, but I think Townes and their depth in the front court will help them. They do need some shooters though.

Excited to see how this Minny team pans out.

I'm bookmarking this thread now, btw. The sheer insanity of people actually thinking the Wolves will finish with a better record than Houston after adding Chris Paul blows my mind. I wished I had bookmarked all the posts of people drastically underrating the Rockets last summer. But unlike posters on PSD, I won't be making the same mistake twice. I thoroughly look forward to saying "I told you so" in about 8-9 months.

tredigs
07-16-2017, 09:26 PM
MTB you live in the past. Did you not tell us that you work for a newspaper? That would make perfect sense.

I'll dissect your post further when I have time.

mightybosstone
07-16-2017, 10:23 PM
MTB you live in the past. Did you not tell us that you work for a newspaper? That would make perfect sense.

I'll dissect your post further when I have time.

Yep. And and our company is rapidly growing, so I totally fail to see your point. :shrug:

Saddletramp
07-16-2017, 10:42 PM
Yep. And and our company is rapidly growing, so I totally fail to see your point. :shrug:

He's being an ******* and jumping to conclusions. It's his thing. Well, one of his *******y things.

LA_Raiders
07-17-2017, 12:09 AM
Curry / KD no question. In 3 years will be ball / Ingram

tredigs
07-17-2017, 02:08 AM

DEFINITELY hombre and like a 33 year old CP3, newspapers are poised to re-take over the game any day now. Watch out Twitter, page 6 Houston Herald coming for ya!

mightybosstone
07-17-2017, 07:53 AM
DEFINITELY hombre and like a 33 year old CP3, newspapers are poised to re-take over the game any day now. Watch out Twitter, page 6 Houston Herald coming for ya!
:laugh: What a miserable attempt to troll. You know literally zero about me or the company I work for, yet presume to know it's failing because of your preconceived notions of the industry.

The company I work for has more than doubled its presence in Houston since I came on less than five years ago and has been on the Fortune 5,000 list for eight consecutive years. We are one of the fastest growing media companies in the state of Texas.

It's truly sad that I have to explain details about my personal life to you. But I guess that's your go-to now when you've run out of legitimate basketball arguments. I never thought of you as a troll, but I've lost a lot of respect for you as of late. Let me know when you want to grow the **** up and talk about basketball again.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2017, 09:02 AM
Only one.

I don't think Irving is a top 20 player, so I am not sure I agree with that. But, if we add the ranking up of the 2 players, and the lower number, the better, LeBron/Irving are probably a total of 22-23. Obviously Curry/Durant are #1, but after that, a conversation starts.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2017, 09:04 AM

Thib's just didn't trust Rubio at all offensively, which was easy to see late in games, when he gave the ball to Mr inefficient himself, Wiggins, to go 1-5. Defensively, Lavine/Wiggins were horrific, and even Towns didn't develop at all until later in the year. The bench hemorrhaged points away as well. It's a huge reason Lavine is gone. A Lavine/Wiggins duo will never be good defensively.

I think the defensive potential many said Wiggins had was way overstated. He has the physical tools, but is lazy, and doesn't understand a defense works on a rope. Towns will get it, I have no worries about that.

I would expect a massive jump in defense this year, somewhere around top 10-ish league mark.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2017, 09:08 AM
I trust a Harden/CP3 duo more this coming year, but yeah, I would take Towns over either if we are building a team. As far as a matchup issue for the Warriors, I also see arguing a Towns/Butler duo as more challenging. Towns has already shown in spurts, and probably will for good now, that the Warriors have nobody that can guard him. Butler is physically much stronger than Durant/Klay, can defend, and bully them offensively.

But, the best duo, UNTIL Towns takes that step to superstardom (maybe it's this year, maybe no), is Harden/CP3.

tredigs
07-17-2017, 10:53 AM
I trust a Harden/CP3 duo more this coming year, but yeah, I would take Towns over either if we are building a team. As far as a matchup issue for the Warriors, I also see arguing a Towns/Butler duo as more challenging. Towns has already shown in spurts, and probably will for good now, that the Warriors have nobody that can guard him. Butler is physically much stronger than Durant/Klay, can defend, and bully them offensively.

But, the best duo, UNTIL Towns takes that step to superstardom (maybe it's this year, maybe no), is Harden/CP3.
As a team (especially after removing Rubio, which I did not love, but they do have better shooting and spacing now), they will take some time to gel with all the new pieces, but man Towns and Butler definitely offer problems. Jimmy is coming off a career year and just looked so imposing on both ends last season (something we definitely can not say for Harden or CP3 now well into his 30's and after delegating defensive duties away last season). And with Towns, we just have a monster brewing. Look at his post ASB split: 28.4/13.4/2.2 on 60/43/84 and just over 2 turnovers a game. I don't think people (see: MTM) understand how good he is getting. He's an absolute MONSTER and has already proven to give the Warriors issues. Yes, that duo is definitely more scary than a tandem of CP3/Harden that I know for a fact the Warriors will have little issue with. And again I speak on that less as a Warriors fan, and more so as just recognizing that to win the West, that is who they will inevitably have to go through.

tredigs
07-17-2017, 11:09 AM
:laugh: What a miserable attempt to troll. You know literally zero about me or the company I work for, yet presume to know it's failing because of your preconceived notions of the industry.

The company I work for has more than doubled its presence in Houston since I came on less than five years ago and has been on the Fortune 5,000 list for eight consecutive years. We are one of the fastest growing media companies in the state of Texas.

It's truly sad that I have to explain details about my personal life to you. But I guess that's your go-to now when you've run out of legitimate basketball arguments. I never thought of you as a troll, but I've lost a lot of respect for you as of late. Let me know when you want to grow the **** up and talk about basketball again.

It was a joke, I wish the Houston Herald all the success in the world MTB.

Hawkeye15
07-17-2017, 11:14 AM
As a team (especially after removing Rubio, which I did not love, but they do have better shooting and spacing now), they will take some time to gel with all the new pieces, but man Towns and Butler definitely offer problems. Jimmy is coming off a career year and just looked so imposing on both ends last season (something we definitely can not say for Harden or CP3 now well into his 30's and after delegating defensive duties away last season). And with Towns, we just have a monster brewing. Look at his post ASB split: 28.4/13.4/2.2 on 60/43/84 and just over 2 turnovers a game. I don't think people (see: MTM) understand how good he is getting. He's an absolute MONSTER and has already proven to give the Warriors issues. Yes, that duo is definitely more scary than a tandem of CP3/Harden that I know for a fact the Warriors will have little issue with. And again I speak on that less as a Warriors fan, and more so as just recognizing that to win the West, that is who they will inevitably have to go through.

As a Wolves fan (you would get this as a Dubs fan), until I see it, I won't believe it haha.

That being said, Towns is going to turn the corner and be the best big man in the game. Soon. And he will be totally unstoppable when he is in his peak. There is nothing he won't be able to do offensively. Butler may not have the same overall impact Harden does, but a case can be made he has more value depending on what needs you have (ie, a #2).

So yeah, if Towns turns into what I expect him to be eventually as soon as this year, the Wolves duo might have a legit case, especially when you factor in that CP3 has already hit decline, though it's going to be a very slow decline...

mightybosstone
07-17-2017, 11:27 AM
It was a joke, I wish the Houston Herald all the success in the world MTB.

It's MBT. At least get the abbreviation right. And the Houston Herald is an actual newspaper, but it looks like it's in Missouri. Based on its website, color me unimpressed.

WaDe03
07-17-2017, 10:31 PM
As a Wolves fan (you would get this as a Dubs fan), until I see it, I won't believe it haha.

That being said, Towns is going to turn the corner and be the best big man in the game. Soon. And he will be totally unstoppable when he is in his peak. There is nothing he won't be able to do offensively. Butler may not have the same overall impact Harden does, but a case can be made he has more value depending on what needs you have (ie, a #2).

So yeah, if Towns turns into what I expect him to be eventually as soon as this year, the Wolves duo might have a legit case, especially when you factor in that CP3 has already hit decline, though it's going to be a very slow decline...

You will like Jimmy a lot. So underrated and you will see more of what I mean. In terms of positive impact I believe he was top 5 in the league last year.

WaDe03
07-17-2017, 10:33 PM
Also Hawkeye, you guys had a lot of trouble last year closing teams out and giving up big leads in the 2nd half. A lot of that will be cut down as Jimmy is a top tier clutch player, he's only missed 1 go ahead basket in the final moments of the game in his career as well.

Chewbacca
07-18-2017, 03:06 AM
The answer is Ball+Kuzma :D

Hawkeye15
07-18-2017, 09:10 AM
Also Hawkeye, you guys had a lot of trouble last year closing teams out and giving up big leads in the 2nd half. A lot of that will be cut down as Jimmy is a top tier clutch player, he's only missed 1 go ahead basket in the final moments of the game in his career as well.

oh I am aware. We lost something like 16 games where we held double digit leads, and started 0-10 in games decided by 4 or less. For some odd reason, Thib's would just give Wiggins the ball up top, and spread the floor, in every clutch situation. It infuriated me, because Wiggins is super inefficient (he settles for long 2's, misses FT's, and can't pass). He had that little trust in Rubio obviously. While I will always hate iso unless you have Jordan on the back of your jersey, at least Butler is about 100000000x better than Wiggins in that situation.

ewing
07-18-2017, 09:13 AM
It's MBT. At least get the abbreviation right. And the Houston Herald is an actual newspaper, but it looks like it's in Missouri. Based on its website, color me unimpressed.

Do you write?