PDA

View Full Version : James Harden extended through 2022-2023

Htownballa1622
07-08-2017, 04:36 PM
228 Million!:speechless: :clap:

KG2TB
07-08-2017, 04:48 PM
Good for Harden. And good for the strippers nationwide.

lakerfan85
07-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Wait, it's for 4 years or 5?

still1ballin
07-08-2017, 04:50 PM
57m/year

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-08-2017, 04:55 PM
what??? is this real life lol

IKnowHoops
07-08-2017, 04:56 PM
wow 4 x 228, Wonder what Durant is thinking seeing that paper. 57 mill a year?!?!?! Whoa, doesn't even seem possible to pay a guy that much. James is like, money is way more important...and I agree. Nobody gives an F about you after your gone.

Not like Kareem gets mad love from everybody for being a top 3 nba player all time. Shaq out there still working. Nobody pays him homeage. Jordan is still relevant cause of his shoes and because he is an owner, but if he didn't have those things, the most important thing to him would be his net worth.

F a championship!

Get that money!

IKnowHoops
07-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Id rather be Harden than Durant.

FlakeyFool
07-08-2017, 04:57 PM
Wtf

ChI_ShIzzLe
07-08-2017, 05:00 PM
I'm a little confused. Does the $228mil include the $59mil he's owed for the next 2 years? Or is it a new contract on top of that after 2019?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mightybosstone
07-08-2017, 05:02 PM
57m/year

wow 4 x 228, Wonder what Durant is thinking seeing that paper. 57 mill a year?!?!?! Whoa, doesn't even seem possible to pay a guy that much. James is like, money is way more important...and I agree. Nobody gives an F about you after your gone.

Not like Kareem gets mad love from everybody for being a top 3 nba player all time. Shaq out there still working. Nobody pays him homeage. Jordan is still relevant cause of his shoes and because he is an owner, but if he didn't have those things, the most important thing to him would be his net worth.

F a championship!

Get that money!

:facepalm: You guys aren't doing the math correctly. The extension starts in 2019-20 and will make him $228 million TOTAL over the course of the next six years. The four-year extension is for an average of $42.3 million a year. That's still really high, but not as high as a super max deal will be in two years.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:03 PM

The extension includes the rest of his contract then 4 more years. It's something like 40M-42M-43M-47M those last 4 years. Seems handicapped as **** to me in the future but who knows what the cap will be by then.

mightybosstone
07-08-2017, 05:04 PM
As a Rockets fan, I'm obviously ecstatic. They can turn around and offer a max deal to Paul next year, and according to numerous sources at this point, it seems that the Rockets are closeish to adding Melo. I don't know that this trio is enough to beat the Warriors, but it would easily be the most talented Rockets team on paper since the late 90s, and it means they'll likely be a top 5 team in the league and have a puncher's chance at contending over the next five seasons.

There haven't been that many great days to be a Rockets fan over the last two decades, but this is certainly one of them.

mightybosstone
07-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Thats a lot of money for a guy who Choked Game 7 vs Spurs....

It's only slightly more than the contract Curry got this season, and it's not like Steph has a stellar postseason resume the last few seasons either.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2017, 05:08 PM

IndyRealist
07-08-2017, 05:09 PM
Regardless of how much it is per year, Harden's still infinitely tradeable. Houston didn't really have any reason not to.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:09 PM

Well lucky for them then it only went 6 games.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:10 PM
That tells me something about you..all you care about is money instead of winning or defense which saddens me as a follow sport fan :(

Either that or he respects a man that doesn't take the easy way out and tries to build his own contender.

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Id rather be Harden than Durant.That tells me something about you..all you care about is money instead of winning or defense which saddens me as a follow sport fan :(

C-Wick925
07-08-2017, 05:14 PM
This is just insane, 40+m a season to play basketball

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2017, 05:14 PM
Rockets better hope CP3 has a good year and fits in well... I would have made him sign that extension.

Spurs have like 50+ mil in caps space next year.

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:16 PM

F a championship!

Get that money!If you think KD is envious, think again. He cares about winning the right way which is the Dubs way that goes beyond money. I will always be a Warriors by doing the right thing :nod:

#DubNation :clap:

Scoots
07-08-2017, 05:17 PM
It's only slightly more than the contract Curry got this season, and it's not like Steph has a stellar postseason resume the last few seasons either.

??? In the "last few seasons" he got two rings. That looks pretty good on a resume.

If the cap goes down I wonder if there is a provision in theo contract to have the amount go down too?

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:21 PM
So you have Harden in his prime and potentially 2 of the banana boat guys with all 4 of them becoming FAs next summer. I wonder......

Scoots
07-08-2017, 05:27 PM
Either that or he respects a man that doesn't take the easy way out and tries to build his own contender.

You mean someone who changes coaches and teammates and it's always someone elses fault when they lose?

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:27 PM

It's only slightly more than the contract Curry got this season, and it's not like Steph has a stellar postseason resume the last few seasons either.Steph has 2 championships while Pot stirrer has none. Individual accolades means little in a team sport. I really don't care how much a players make, I care about meshing well as a team, something that other players need to learn to win as a team which mean making sacrifices:nod:

Scoots
07-08-2017, 05:32 PM
I'm all for Harden getting paid and it's great for the Rockets to have him locked up. When you've got a top player you lock them up as long as possible.

BKLYNpigeon
07-08-2017, 05:39 PM
I guess you have to if you're the rockets. His game will age well.

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm all for Harden getting paid and it's great for the Rockets to have him locked up. When you've got a top player you lock them up as long as possible.They are going to regret that unmovable contract down the road like the Knicks regret their very own when it was signed and by that time, no one will want him. How come I seem to be the only one who can envision this :(

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:48 PM
I guess you have to if you're the rockets. His game will age well.If you imply by doing this then I have to agree https://youtu.be/YdVFwaJtEkE
:nod:

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:55 PM

Here's Woj for those who need it.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:56 PM
They are going to regret that unmovable contract down the road like the Knicks regret their very own when it was signed and by that time, no one will want him. How come I seem to be the only one who can envision this :(

Because you're so much smarter than everyone else.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
Trade Harden to Cavs? Lol

That'd be interesting if they could get all of em

Haha yea it would. I wonder if that's the route they want to go if they team up. Just them 4 or team up with an in prime superstar? KDs decision probably has them looking at teaming up with an in prime superstar.

kdspurman
07-08-2017, 05:58 PM
So you have Harden in his prime and potentially 2 of the banana boat guys with all 4 of them becoming FAs next summer. I wonder......

Trade Harden to Cavs? Lol

That'd be interesting if they could get all of em

burtgummer
07-08-2017, 06:00 PM
He knows he'll never win a championship so like a typical NBA player he's saying **** it pay me and I don't even have to try

eDush
07-08-2017, 06:13 PM
They are going to regret that unmovable contract down the road like the Knicks regret their very own when it was signed and by that time, no one will want him. How come I seem to be the only one who can envision this :(

Because you're so much smarter than everyone else.:no: cause it's happens more often than not based on facts. Look at Riley refusing to give your Wade the big bucks and many consider him a smart guy...do you?

I didn't even think there was a provision to extend beyond an existing contract unless it was in the contract year so what do I know :shrug:

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 06:26 PM

Looks like they're close to Harden too.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 06:27 PM
:no: cause it's happens more often than not based on facts. Look at Riley refusing to give your Wade the big bucks and many consider him a smart guy...do you?

I didn't even think there was a provision to extend beyond an existing contract unless it was in the contract year so what do I know :shrug:

Well let's see, 3rd seed and 1 game away from the ECF in Wades last year with the Heat, no playoffs for the Heat the next year. Doesn't seem like that was a smart decision to me.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-08-2017, 06:31 PM
$42.3M per? Yeesh. That's a lot. They almost need like all vet minimum or second round picks to fill out the rest of the roster. Then when they trade for Melo and still be stuck with either Gordon or Anderson. Sounds like Knicks don't want Ryan Anderson.

eDush
07-08-2017, 07:07 PM
:no: cause it's happens more often than not based on facts. Look at Riley refusing to give your Wade the big bucks and many consider him a smart guy...do you?

Well let's see, 3rd seed and 1 game away from the ECF in Wades last year with the Heat, no playoffs for the Heat the next year. Doesn't seem like that was a smart decision to me.I think injures plays a bigger part than the lack of Wade. He didn't do much against Boston this season thou...
:shrug:

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 07:25 PM
I think injures plays a bigger part than the lack of Wade. He didn't do much against Boston this season thou...

He was out with what was supposed to be a season ending injury but returned to the playoffs and couldn't find a rhythm. It also doesn't matter what he did this year because as I told you:

Heat 2015-16: 3rd seed and 1 game away from the ECF.

Heat 2016-17: No playoffs.

eDush
07-08-2017, 07:37 PM
I think injures plays a bigger part than the lack of Wade. He didn't do much against Boston this season thou...

He was out with what was supposed to be a season ending injury but returned to the playoffs and couldn't find a rhythm. It also doesn't matter what he did this year because as I told you:

Heat 2015-16: 3rd seed and 1 game away from the ECF.

Heat 2016-17: No playoffs.Ok then but I have the utmost respect for both Wade and Bosh because they sacrifice their game for King James and all 3 took less to make it work to succeed together as a team which i have not seen from other superstars such as Melo and the Beard :(

Winners are willing to make sacrifices to win as a team while losers only do things to benefit themselves. I cannot emphasize that enough and it's what the Dubs represent :nod:

bucketss
07-08-2017, 07:39 PM
wonder how much he makes on endorsements. rich *** **********er ! im jealous :(

tredigs
07-08-2017, 07:57 PM
Over/Under is 100 million of this going to strippers and bottle service. I got the over.

IndyRealist
07-08-2017, 08:11 PM
wonder how much he makes on endorsements. rich *** **********er ! im jealous :(

$20M/yr in endorsements per forbes.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 08:15 PM
Harden has a $200M contract with Adidas too I believe.

IndyRealist
07-08-2017, 10:14 PM
Harden has a $200M contract with Adidas too I believe.

The Adidas deal is over 13 years and included in the $20M/yr.

goingfor28
07-08-2017, 11:08 PM
If you think KD is envious, think again. He cares about winning the right way which is the Dubs way that goes beyond money. I will always be a Warriors by doing the right thing :nod:

[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chapin78
07-08-2017, 11:11 PM

F a championship!

Get that money!If you think KD is envious, think again. He cares about winning the right way which is the Dubs way that goes beyond money. I will always be a Warriors by doing the right thing :nod:

Your right Warriors way is winning not about the money. In the mean time Curry laughs in 201mil.

sep11ie
07-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Over/Under is 100 million of this going to strippers and bottle service. I got the over.

And he will still have 128 million more bucks than you, but at least yo momma will get paid.

WaDe03
07-09-2017, 12:44 AM
And he will still have 128 million more bucks than you, but at least yo momma will get paid.

Oh ****!!!!!!!

:dance:

nastynice
07-09-2017, 04:41 AM
Damn, safe to say he's part of their long term plans. Let's see if they lock players up around him

mightybosstone
07-09-2017, 08:58 AM
??? In the "last few seasons" he got two rings. That looks pretty good on a resume.
Right, but compared to his regular season production the past few years, his postseason production has been underwhelming. And he had some no-shows in the Finals at times. I'm not trying to take a shot a Curry or Warriors fans. I'm simply comparing one superstar getting paid to another and how ridiculous it is to knock on a guy for a ridiculously small sample size of his career.

If the cap goes down I wonder if there is a provision in theo contract to have the amount go down too?
No idea, but you'd think there would have to be. Players can't make more than the max.

IndyRealist
07-09-2017, 09:06 AM
Right, but compared to his regular season production the past few years, his postseason production has been underwhelming. And he had some no-shows in the Finals at times. I'm not trying to take a shot a Curry or Warriors fans. I'm simply comparing one superstar getting paid to another and how ridiculous it is to knock on a guy for a ridiculously small sample size of his career.

No idea, but you'd think there would have to be. Players can't make more than the max.

"Max" Is based on the year the contract is signed, with annual raises. If the cap goes down the contract does not.

mightybosstone
07-09-2017, 09:08 AM
If you think KD is envious, think again. He cares about winning the right way which is the Dubs way that goes beyond money. I will always be a Warriors by doing the right thing :nod:

If "winning the right way" means abandoning the franchise that you started with to join the greatest regular season team and history and getting the easiest championship in the history of the NBA, then sign me up for guys who don't "win the right way." Also, I'm so sick of hearing how guys "won the right way" and "played the game the right way." Add that to the list of totally useless, overused sports phrases that need to die.

Steph has 2 championships while Pot stirrer has none. Individual accolades means little in a team sport. I really don't care how much a players make, I care about meshing well as a team, something that other players need to learn to win as a team which mean making sacrifices:nod:
Steph also plays on arguably the most talented team in the history of the NBA. Titles is probably the single most overrated barometer of a player's worth in the NBA.

mightybosstone
07-09-2017, 09:13 AM
The Rockets just locked in arguably a top 5 player at the height of his peak for the next six years. There isn't a franchise in the league who would do that if they had the chance. Why do you think the Warriors just gave all that money to Curry? Also, Harden has been remarkably healthy in his career and he'll only be 33 when that contract runs out. Barring some major injuries down the line, he should be damn good over the span of the next six years.

mightybosstone
07-09-2017, 09:14 AM
"Max" Is based on the year the contract is signed, with annual raises. If the cap goes down the contract does not.

Ahh... Well I don't pretend to be a cap expert, but that certainly makes sense. But in a few years, this may end up looking like a pretty good deal if the cap continues to grow at the rate it's grown over the last few seasons. Let's just hope we actually get some competitive postseason series moving forward...

Scoots
07-09-2017, 12:09 PM

Players have made more than the max in the past so it's possible.

I think agent-think is funny. They just love to say things like "$228M the most ever pending to an NBA player" ... it's not the highest per year, and it's 2 contracts to it's not the biggest contract, but they love their superlatives :)

Scoots
07-09-2017, 12:10 PM

But I don't know that that is necessarily so. I seem to recall some language in a past CBA that did include a provision for the amount to go down in certain circumstances. But I'm not at all sure.

IndyRealist
07-09-2017, 12:39 PM
But I don't know that that is necessarily so. I seem to recall some language in a past CBA that did include a provision for the amount to go down in certain circumstances. But I'm not at all sure.

in a multi-year contract only the first season's salary is subject to the maximum. The latter seasons of a contract can have salaries above the maximum, although there are restrictions about how big raises can be from year to year
Decided to look it up.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q23

Scoots
07-09-2017, 12:51 PM
Decided to look it up.
http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q23

I don't see anything that says a contract can't have a clause to tie the amount to the cap after the first year though.

IndyRealist
07-09-2017, 02:33 PM
I don't see anything that says a contract can't have a clause to tie the amount to the cap after the first year though.

If it's a max contract it is structured for the maximum the first year, and maximum raises. Otherwise it is not a max contract.

Contracts can be decreasing. I don't understand what that has to do with this convo though.

Scoots
07-09-2017, 02:49 PM
If it's a max contract it is structured for the maximum the first year, and maximum raises. Otherwise it is not a max contract.

Contracts can be decreasing. I don't understand what that has to do with this convo though.

Okay.

eDush
07-09-2017, 04:30 PM

Contracts can be decreasing. I don't understand what that has to do with this convo though.I don't get it either :shrug: