PDA

View Full Version : Melo Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Melo is the best player left who will probably be on the move this summer. Woj reported the following:

Morey said the following:

Melo is currently the only current team USA guy that is available.

I saw the following on twitter today:

Obviously not a big time reporter but he has been credited by bigger New York media for breaking news first. Obviously take this with a grain of salt until it happens but there seems to be more rumors.

Where do you all think he ends up?

I think it's without a doubt Houston now after everything I'm seeing. I don't see a buyout coming but that's the only way I see him going to the Cavs.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 02:12 PM
Also apparently Houston has $10M in ungauranteed contracts they want to move, wouldn't this be a good way for the Knicks to shed money? Maybe those contracts Anderson and a pick to the Knicks for Melo.

4North
07-08-2017, 02:21 PM
As a lifelong Warriors fan I'm hoping that The Cavs trade Love for Melo because they will not be nearly as good of a team IMO.

Saddletramp
07-08-2017, 02:25 PM
Hey look, another "lifelong Warriors fan."

It looks like the trade is happening. Guess we'll see.

COOLbeans
07-08-2017, 02:33 PM
Hey look, another "lifelong Warriors fan."

It looks like the trade is happening. Guess we'll see.

You do realize that Warriors fans have consistently been called one of the if not the best fans in the NBA for well over a decade now right?

There are more fans of the Warriors in the bay area then the entire population of Cleveland.

FOXHOUND
07-08-2017, 02:39 PM
You do realize that Warriors fans have consistently been called one of the if not the best fans in the NBA for well over a decade now right?

There are more fans of the Warriors in the bay area then the entire population of Cleveland.

I remember the Boom Dizzle and Captain Jack era, albeit short lived. Those fans were great.

FOXHOUND
07-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Just hoping Knicks don't end up with Ryan Anderson, at this point lol.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 02:43 PM

Looks like talks are about to pick back up.

COOLbeans
07-08-2017, 02:45 PM
I remember the Boom Dizzle and Captain Jack era, albeit short lived. Those fans were great.

Alot of those fans have been priced out of home games, but they are definitely still around. Those are the people that went to the parade and watch every Warrior game in bars or on their couches.

In a huge sports market like the bay area, touting both multiple Superbowl championships and World Series wins spread out amongst every one of its teams across the area, the Warriors run the bay from a fan standpoint.

cmellofan15
07-08-2017, 02:51 PM
J Sports Ent is is basically the new Woj, right?

FOXHOUND
07-08-2017, 02:54 PM
Alot of those fans have been priced out of home games, but they are definitely still around. Those are the people that went to the parade and watch every Warrior game in bars or on their couches.

In a huge sports market like the bay area, touting both multiple Superbowl championships and World Series wins spread out amongst every one of its teams across the area, the Warriors run the bay from a fan standpoint.

For sure, bandwagon fans just come with the territory of any great team.

Saddletramp
07-08-2017, 03:18 PM

Yeah, I know that there's a shitload of them and there were a shitload of them even before these recent titles. Just find it funny that a few days after registering another poster just casually lets everyone know that he's a lifelong Warriors fan in a thread that you really have to connect the dots to make a Warriors connection.

lamzoka
07-08-2017, 03:23 PM
I refuse to believe anything if its not from Woj or Shams

KnickaBocka.44
07-08-2017, 04:16 PM
Mike D'Antoni has reportedly told Houston not to accept any offer that doesn't include a hand written apology from Carmelo for costing him his job in NY.

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 04:19 PM
J Sports Ent is is basically the new Woj, right?

But **** the other ones right?!

WaDe03
07-08-2017, 04:24 PM
Knicks don't want a bigger contract and a mistake signing like Anderson on their rebuilding roster and payroll. I much rather keep Melo unless they personally don't like anyone on their roster other than CP3. Not even stirring the pot.
:no:

They don't want Melo.

WaDe03
Houston would probably have to give a pick or 2 to get rid of Anderson.

eDush
Also apparently Houston has $10M in ungauranteed contracts they want to move, wouldn't this be a good way for the Knicks to shed money? Maybe those contracts Anderson and a pick to the Knicks for Melo.Knicks don't want a bigger contract and a mistake signing like Anderson on their rebuilding roster and payroll. I much rather keep Melo unless they personally don't like anyone on their roster other than CP3. Not even stirring the pot.
:no:

eDush
07-08-2017, 04:25 PM
Mike D'Antoni has reportedly told Houston not to accept any offer that doesn't include a hand written apology from Carmelo for costing him his job in NY.:laugh:

prodigy
07-09-2017, 12:19 PM
you do realize that warriors fans have consistently been called one of the if not the best fans in the nba for well over a decade now right?

There are more fans of the warriors in the bay area then the entire population of cleveland.

hahaha!

KnicksorBust
07-09-2017, 12:21 PM
The fact that it is this hard to trade him is hilarious.

LeonFSU
07-09-2017, 12:22 PM
Knicks should try to add Noah and get back Gordon and Anderson plus nonguaranteed contracts.

zadora5
07-09-2017, 11:30 PM
As a lifelong Warriors fan I'm hoping that The Cavs trade Love for Melo because they will not be nearly as good of a team IMO.

If you have to say your a lifetime warrior fan your a bandwagon fan lmao foh

Scoots
07-09-2017, 11:51 PM
If you have to say your a lifetime warrior fan your a bandwagon fan lmao foh

So then how does one assert that they ARE a lifetime warriors fan when it is a fact?

Can one speak facts without it being called excuses?

This sort of logic is silly.

Dade County
07-10-2017, 12:48 AM
The fact that it is this hard to trade him is hilarious.

He will have to open it up to more teams.

As of right now, it's Cavs & Houston. Until he opens up to more teams, Knicks should just place him in the 2nd unit, maybe the 8th man of the bench.

Teams, I think Melo should open up to (doesn't mean these teams want Melo lol)... & of course since free agency is almost done, it will take most teams to move some heavy contracts & most likely a 3 team deal.

OKC
Portland
Wiz (Paul Pierce Roll)
Milwaukee
N.O

I believe if he opens the Knicks options to these teams as well, he'll be traded with in 7hrs.

basch152
07-10-2017, 01:49 AM
So then how does one assert that they ARE a lifetime warriors fan when it is a fact?

The logic he tried to use there was pretty absurdly dumb.

Ahriman
07-10-2017, 05:55 AM
Given Houston is already roughly $15m over the cap, I think it will take Anderson + Ariza + picks for Melo
or Anderson + Ariza + Capela for Melo + O'Quinn

I'm not sure about their picks situation though, as they traded a first for Paul. Would a 1st round draft pick for Melo be 2020 only?

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 09:25 AM
It is pretty straightforward at this point...

NY either accepts Ryan, Expirings, and a good pick or they just buyout melo...

NY has no leverage because of the NTC and everyone knows they want him gone before training camp...

sep11ie
07-10-2017, 09:45 AM
Given Houston is already roughly $15m over the cap, I think it will take Anderson + Ariza + picks for Melo
or Anderson + Ariza + Capela for Melo + O'Quinn

I'm not sure about their picks situation though, as they traded a first for Paul. Would a 1st round draft pick for Melo be 2020 only?

Houston is like 2 million under the cap

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 10:00 AM
Houston is like 2 million under the cap

not really with all the proposed signings they have done

Htownballa1622
07-10-2017, 10:48 AM
2 things

WHYTF does EVERY thread have to talk about the Warriors. No one cares.

Also, Ariza won't be traded to get Melo. Ariza was a big part in recruiting cp3. Sorry but it's not happening.

prodigy
07-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Melo's 1st option is a buyout so he can sign with Cavs. Thats his ideal move. 2nd option is a trade with Cavs But knicks feel like they can get something good for melo. Which isn't really true at all. Melo's 3rd option is a trade to Rockets. Knicks don't really seem interested in anything they have/Rockets don't wanna give up anything of value.

At a stand still right now. They might just be better off Buying him out if Melo is willing to come down enough. But if hes traded it'll prob be to the rockets. my gut feeling. Which IDK i feel like thats pointless. Don't see the rockets with melo going more then 5 games vs warriors.

Ahriman
07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
2 things

WHYTF does EVERY thread have to talk about the Warriors. No one cares.

Also, Ariza won't be traded to get Melo. Ariza was a big part in recruiting cp3. Sorry but it's not happening.

How do you expect them to match salaries in that case? That would have to include both Anderson and Gordon then since Melo has a trade kicker

That will probably end up going the buyout way

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 11:08 AM
I also think Melo ends up being bought out. There's no good trade for the Rockets or Cavs that benefits both teams in any way imo.

brandt
07-10-2017, 11:14 AM
Melo's 1st option is a buyout so he can sign with Cavs. Thats his ideal move. 2nd option is a trade with Cavs But knicks feel like they can get something good for melo. Which isn't really true at all. Melo's 3rd option is a trade to Rockets. Knicks don't really seem interested in anything they have/Rockets don't wanna give up anything of value.

At a stand still right now. They might just be better off Buying him out if Melo is willing to come down enough. But if hes traded it'll prob be to the rockets. my gut feeling. Which IDK i feel like thats pointless. Don't see the rockets with melo going more then 5 games vs warriors.
That's funny but Mello said he wanted go to Houston or Cleveland, so I'm no sure how a Houston becomes a 3rd option. In case you haven't noticed, Houston has been getting all the talk not Cleveland. If a buy out did happen, the chances of him going to H town are just as good. But they have been working hard to make a trade so that doesn't happen.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 11:20 AM
I also think Melo ends up being bought out. There's no good trade for the Rockets or Cavs that benefits both teams in any way imo.

Melo isn't getting bought out. He wants his money for his option year also and the Knicks are not giving him close to 50 million to go away. They might if he waives his option year and wants 20 something million, but his isn't going to leave that much money on the table.

Htownballa1622
07-10-2017, 11:24 AM
How do you expect them to match salaries in that case? That would have to include both Anderson and Gordon then since Melo has a trade kicker

That will probably end up going the buyout way

The Rockets have managed to pick up a bunch of non guaranteed contracts for this purpose.

They also would need a 3rd team to facilitate the Anderson trade. Looking at a team like Portland.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Melo isn't getting bought out. He wants his money for his option year also and the Knicks are not giving him close to 50 million to go away. They might if he waives his option year and wants 20 something million, but his isn't going to leave that much money on the table.

Yea he would definitely want a huge chunk of that money.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 11:38 AM

Seems like it's just a matter of time before this happens. Looking for a 3rd team.

DoMeFavors
07-10-2017, 11:41 AM
I remember back here in 2010 how many Knick fans wanted Melo so bad to team him up with STAT, crazy less then 7 years later both will be gone. The situation for both sides didn't work out well at all. Happy to see Melo go somewhere else and get a chance to win and play with a star.

ewing
07-10-2017, 12:05 PM
I remember back here in 2010 how many Knick fans wanted Melo so bad to team him up with STAT, crazy less then 7 years later both will be gone. The situation for both sides didn't work out well at all. Happy to see Melo go somewhere else and get a chance to win and play with a star.

I am not a Melo hater but this probably better for both sides. That said i don't know if he is a good fit in Houtson with two play making guards. I was already thinking that Mike D would be wanting CP3 to make quicker decisions. I do think CP3 and Mike can totally work it out together while getting Harden his touches. adding Melo who is also boys with CP3 seems like a less then ideal fit though. That said the talent is definitely there

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2017, 12:07 PM

You remembered your password

DoMeFavors
07-10-2017, 12:12 PM
You remembered your password

I cant be coming here everyday, I grew up and moved on with my life. I still comeback sometimes like Mike in 01 or a movie director. I will never retire but I comeback every once in a blue moon.

Jetsguy
07-10-2017, 12:12 PM
No way is Melo getting bought out. They owe him like 57M I can't imagine the Knicks giving him 50M just to go away and be with the Cavs for the next however any years. Just dont play him until he opens up who he will take a trade with

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 12:22 PM
No way is Melo getting bought out. They owe him like 57M I can't imagine the Knicks giving him 50M just to go away and be with the Cavs for the next however any years. Just dont play him until he opens up who he will take a trade with

I dunno... it depends on how much Houston will give up in terms of picks...

I still think it is 50/50 on a buyout / trade....

buyout at $45 million is still way cheaper than taking on Anderson and it could also be spread out longer if they wanted.

This really is an awesome game of chicken between the 3 groups...

If I was the Knicks I wouldn't be to quick to cave if he wants $50 million on the buyout... just DNP him for a couple of months and his willingness to deal will definitely spike...

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 12:53 PM
I dunno... it depends on how much Houston will give up in terms of picks...

I still think it is 50/50 on a buyout / trade....

buyout at $45 million is still way cheaper than taking on Anderson and it could also be spread out longer if they wanted.

This really is an awesome game of chicken between the 3 groups...

If I was the Knicks I wouldn't be to quick to cave if he wants $50 million on the buyout... just DNP him for a couple of months and his willingness to deal will definitely spike...
DNP for what reason? For a lawsuit from the players association?

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2017, 12:55 PM
I cant be coming here everyday, I grew up and moved on with my life. I still comeback sometimes like Mike in 01 or a movie director. I will never retire but I comeback every once in a blue moon.

That's great, glad everything working out well for you. I really enjoy your post, hopefully you'll post from time to time like Hawkeye or Scoots

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 01:14 PM

for what? he is getting paid when he is a DNP

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 01:18 PM
for what? he is getting paid when he is a DNP

Pretty sure it is illegal and the players union can prove that they did play him because they wanted him to take less money on a buyout. It doesn't work like that. The players have a union for a reason and the NBA doesn't want to play the DNP game over money

lamzoka
07-10-2017, 01:49 PM

I doubt you can sue a team for DNPs...As long as Melo get his bi-weekly checks on time, he got no case. I mean it would look bad for the Knicks and every agents would stir their clients away from the Knicks.

prodigy
07-10-2017, 01:52 PM
That's funny but Mello said he wanted go to Houston or Cleveland, so I'm no sure how a Houston becomes a 3rd option. In case you haven't noticed, Houston has been getting all the talk not Cleveland. If a buy out did happen, the chances of him going to H town are just as good. But they have been working hard to make a trade so that doesn't happen.

well as of a day or 2 ago he was with Lebron in cabo lol. the very 1st team he agreed to waive his no trade clause for was Cavs and plus the East is a much better option right now.

As i mentioned i feel if traded it will be to the rockets. I just think if Knicks really want draft picks rockets might have more to offer. not sure how many they have.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 01:52 PM
I doubt you can sue a team for DNPs...As long as Melo get his bi-weekly checks on time, he got no case. I mean it would look bad for the Knicks and every agents would stir their clients away from the Knicks.
If the DNPs are because he won't take less in a buyout, sure you can sue.

Scoots
07-10-2017, 02:07 PM

DNP Trade is a valid reason.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 02:23 PM
DNP Trade is a valid reason.

Sure it is, and if they can't trade, they are not going to pay him close to 50 million to sit around for the next 2 years. He would almost be guaranteed to pick up his option out of spite. That is a game the Knicks won't play.

Vee-Rex
07-10-2017, 02:44 PM
Doesn't look like the Cavs really have the pieces to acquire Melo in a trade. I think Cedi Osman might catch their interest a little bit, but we can't make the money match unless we trade Shumpert, JR, and Frye along with Cedi - and that's not really a package I think the Knicks would like.

Realistically, the trade package the Cavs can offer to that might get the Knicks attention would be TT + Shumpert + Cedi + future pick. Problem is - would we really be a better team? We'd have Melo's bird rights after that and likely retain LeBron for sure, so that's a plus.

Irving/Williams(?)/Calderon
Smith/Korver
Melo/Green/Williams
Bron/Frye
Love/Tavares

As a Cavs fan... **** it, I think I'd go for it. It obviously doesn't put us on the level of the Warriors and it COULD make it a little easier for a team like Boston or Washington to beat us, but I do think having Melo's bird rights (instead of just a buyout) would increase the chance we keep LeBron.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 02:51 PM
I think Houston gets I'd done with Ryan Anderson going to a 3rd team with both Houston and the Knicks giving that 3rd team some sort of assets

PC
07-10-2017, 03:56 PM
I think Houston gets I'd done with Ryan Anderson going to a 3rd team with both Houston and the Knicks giving that 3rd team some sort of assets

The Knicks have no need for cap space, it doesn't make any sense for us to give up assets just to get rid of Melo.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 04:00 PM
The Knicks have no need for cap space, it doesn't make any sense for us to give up assets just to get rid of Melo.

If they want him gone and save 20 to 50 million, they will give up and asset. A pick isn't worth that much money.

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 05:27 PM
If the DNPs are because he won't take less in a buyout, sure you can sue.

Dude... no one would say that is why because you don't have to give a reason for a DNP

There would be no legal basis anyway as long as he is getting paid. It's his decision to exercise his option

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 05:34 PM
Dude... no one would say that is why because you don't have to give a reason for a DNP

There would be no legal basis anyway as long as he is getting paid. It's his decision to exercise his option
No team is stupid enough to do it and risk paying 25 million more for a player picking up his option just to get back at them. Let me know when the Knicks DNP Melo. You won't, because it isn't going to happen.

Vinylman
07-10-2017, 06:08 PM
No team is stupid enough to do it and risk paying 25 million more for a player picking up his option just to get back at them. Let me know when the Knicks DNP Melo. You won't, because it isn't going to happen.

As of right now the knicks will have to take more money on to get rid of him... if the option is taking on Anderson without getting a first from Houston or some other form of salary relief they will pass.

They will be in better shape in 2 years by keeping him

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 06:16 PM
As of right now the knicks will have to take more money on to get rid of him... if the option is taking on Anderson without getting a first from Houston or some other form of salary relief they will pass.

They will be in better shape in 2 years by keeping him

Think they are looking for a 3rd team to take Anderson and Knicks might get an expiring or 2. But the Rockets and Knicks probably have to give some sort of assets to the 3rd team. People say the Knicks wouldn't have to give up an asset, but with all the info out there and teams knowing the Knicks don't want him they probably have to give some sort of pick up because I don't think the Rockets have enough assets to move the Anderson contract with the types of picks they have.

JOSKOMANG4
07-10-2017, 06:30 PM
Proposal: 4 team blockbuster: CLE/ATL/NYK/UTAH

- Cavs get Melo
- Cavs traded Love

L: TT/'melo/James/JR/Kyrie

- jazz get Love
- jazz trade Favors & J.Johnson

L: gobert/Love/ingles/Burks/Rubio

- hawks get D.Favors
- hawks trade Bellineli & 2018 lottery protected 1st. * if hawks suck, hawks would trade a 2018 & 2019 2nd rd pick.

L: Plumlee/favors/PrInce/Bazemore/Schroeder

- Knicks get Bellinelli. *agree to cut JJ. The also receive 2018 lottery protected 1st. * if hawks suck, hawks would trade a 2018 & 2019 2nd rd pick.
- Knicks trade melo.

L: Noah/Porzingis/THJ/Lee/Ntilikina

Jetsguy
07-10-2017, 06:36 PM
Think they are looking for a 3rd team to take Anderson and Knicks might get an expiring or 2. But the Rockets and Knicks probably have to give some sort of assets to the 3rd team. People say the Knicks wouldn't have to give up an asset, but with all the info out there and teams knowing the Knicks don't want him they probably have to give some sort of pick up because I don't think the Rockets have enough assets to move the Anderson contract with the types of picks they have.

Melo would already have been traded if the Knicks were willing to give up any asset just to dump him, this is not that IMO.

Gibby23
07-10-2017, 06:40 PM
Melo would already have been traded if the Knicks were willing to give up any asset just to dump him, this is not that IMO.

Melo is only willing to go to 2 places and both those places, Houston and Cleveland don't have assets.

I agree, if he was willing to go to any team, he could be traded without the Knicks giving something up to help Houston or Cleveland dump someone. Unless Cleveland is willing to send Love somewhere

Hustla23
07-10-2017, 06:55 PM
Melo is only willing to go to 2 places and both those places, Houston and Cleveland don't have assets.

I agree, if he was willing to go to any team, he could be traded without the Knicks giving something up to help Houston or Cleveland dump someone. Unless Cleveland is willing to send Love somewhere
What the what? Why on earth would the Knicks give up assets to move Melo? They won't be free agent players until 2019 anyway. They have no pressure to move Melo for any financial reason.

mightybosstone
07-10-2017, 08:14 PM
Nene posted a Photoshopped image of Melo in a Rockets jersey on his Instagram. Multiple sources today are coming out and saying that Melo to Houston is likely to happen. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if this doesn't happen at this point, I'll be a little devastated.

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2017, 08:26 PM
Nene posted a Photoshopped image of Melo in a Rockets jersey on his Instagram. Multiple sources today are coming out and saying that Melo to Houston is likely to happen. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but if this doesn't happen at this point, I'll be a little devastated.

Didn't NeNe say Melo is a selfish POS and that's why he hasn't won?

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 08:32 PM

Get it done!

rhino17
07-10-2017, 08:42 PM
Editor of the Dream Shake just overheard Woj say that the deal will happen tonight. I don't have twitter, but its on twitter if you wanna verify

JordansBulls
07-10-2017, 08:44 PM
Melo and a pick for Lebron is a good trade.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2017, 08:54 PM
Mike D'Antoni has reportedly told Houston not to accept any offer that doesn't include a hand written apology from Carmelo for costing him his job in NY.

I hope to god this is true.

Man... Morey is good, but if he makes a move for Melo, he's just going to bring drama into the locker room.

ball4reel
07-10-2017, 09:13 PM

Man... Morey is good, but if he makes a move for Melo, he's just going to bring drama into the locker room.

When has Melo caused drama in the locker room?

mightybosstone
07-10-2017, 09:18 PM
Melo and a pick for Lebron is a good trade.
...for New York. The Cavs would be a substantially worse basketball team. They probably don't even get out of the East next season with that swap. And that's coming from someone who seriously wants to see Melo added to his favorite team's roster.

bleedprple&gold
07-10-2017, 09:37 PM
If I'm NY I'm asking for Ariza, Gordon, and Capela, plus all their non-guarantees. NO Ryan Anderson!

The Rockets can have a starting five of:
CP3
Harden
Tucker
Melo
Nene

Anderson off the bench and a bunch of G-leaguers.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-10-2017, 09:59 PM
Lol JB on full troll mod.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 10:17 PM

No he won't lol, watch.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 10:20 PM
They made that guy delete the tweet, other verified reporters took up for him and said they don't think he's trolling.

rhino17
07-10-2017, 10:40 PM
Apparently Woj threw quite a hissy fit after the Dream Shake leaked what he said

Seems silly to get so bent out of shape over reporting about something as inconsequential as a game

FlashBolt
07-10-2017, 10:54 PM
Cavs are still the 2nd best team and without LeBron, I don't think ANY team beats the Warriors.. Which is why I only want to see Melo on the Cavs. I wouldn't even want him on OKC. He would not fit at all but Cavs? Man, they needed him against the Warriors.

GiantsSwaGG
07-10-2017, 10:55 PM
Apparently Woj threw quite a hissy fit after the Dream Shake leaked what he said

Seems silly to get so bent out of shape over reporting about something as inconsequential as a game

Is Dream Shake legit?

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 10:56 PM

Yea he said he doesn't care because he'll probably never be around him again lol.

WaDe03
07-10-2017, 10:57 PM
It's almost like it's his livelihood or something.

Seriously though, when guys are getting paid millions and other guys who report on it do only that for a comfortable living, it's more than just a game.

True.

Saddletramp
07-10-2017, 10:57 PM

Seriously though, when guys are getting paid millions and other guys who report on it do only that for a comfortable living, it's more than just a game.

JasonJohnHorn
07-10-2017, 11:09 PM
How is nobody concerned in Houston's front office concerned about the Melo/'Antoni thing?

This is like when 75% of fans said that Howard and Kobe would't get along and that Howard would leave after a season, and that Nash was too old.

Or when BK traded their future for the next 10 years to have year with a shot at contention.

And yet... these front offices just went forward with blinders on.

Morey's line about collecting team USA guys if funny, but the Warriors already got most of the starting line-up, and the Cavs got LBJ and most of the second strong. Houston getting CP3 is great.... but Melo and Harden. Two ball dominant guys who don't play defense?

It's going to drive CP3 crazy. He's going to lose his voice yelling at those guys. 'Antoni will defend Harden, and Melo will throw 'Antoni under the bus.

rhino17
07-10-2017, 11:16 PM

I just don't buy the journalistic integrity BS Woj is apparently spewing. I don't think the same standards apply for entertainment news. I don't see how anything he did hurt woj

Is Dream Shake legit?

Yeah

mightybosstone
07-10-2017, 11:40 PM
Is Dream Shake legit?
Meh... I wrote a few pieces for them after I graduated from journalism school a few years back, and it was run by a bunch of college kids and grad students who crapped out awful, data heavy 3,000-word pieces and had no clue how to write a decent sports column. From what I can tell, it's improved considerably, but I was genuinely unimpressed with the quality and professionalism of the site and its writers back then. Can't say I'm surprised by their antics today. Doesn't show a lot of integrity.

mightybosstone
07-10-2017, 11:44 PM
How is nobody concerned in Houston's front office concerned about the Melo/'Antoni thing?

This is like when 75% of fans said that Howard and Kobe would't get along and that Howard would leave after a season, and that Nash was too old.

Or when BK traded their future for the next 10 years to have year with a shot at contention.

Morey's line about collecting team USA guys if funny, but the Warriors already got most of the starting line-up, and the Cavs got LBJ and most of the second strong. Houston getting CP3 is great.... but Melo and Harden. Two ball dominant guys who don't play defense?

It's going to drive CP3 crazy. He's going to lose his voice yelling at those guys. 'Antoni will defend Harden, and Melo will throw 'Antoni under the bus.
Melo also killed with Team USA under D'Antoni's offense. And they were a terrible fit in NY because Melo was the No. 1 guy and couldn't adequately run MDA's offense. But as a No. 2 or No 3 option playing off the ball, I think Melo has the potential to thrive. I'm honestly not that concerned about it.

KnickNyKnick
07-11-2017, 12:08 AM
Melo also killed with Team USA under D'Antoni's offense. And they were a terrible fit in NY because Melo was the No. 1 guy and couldn't adequately run MDA's offense. But as a No. 2 or No 3 option playing off the ball, I think Melo has the potential to thrive. I'm honestly not that concerned about it.

all true, and its not like Melo is locked up for years. Not much risk for Houston. This is their window, and i think it happens if Melo joins. Another scorer like him that can do pretty much anything he wants even against GS. along side Harden and CP3? This will be fun and i hope melo is traded there. NBA league pass FTW.

GiantsSwaGG
07-11-2017, 12:31 AM
Meh... I wrote a few pieces for them after I graduated from journalism school a few years back, and it was run by a bunch of college kids and grad students who crapped out awful, data heavy 3,000-word pieces and had no clue how to write a decent sports column. From what I can tell, it's improved considerably, but I was genuinely unimpressed with the quality and professionalism of the site and its writers back then. Can't say I'm surprised by their antics today. Doesn't show a lot of integrity.

So it's pretty much like PSD? Lol

rhino17
07-11-2017, 12:50 AM
I don't think their content is particularly good, by legit I meant it is a "real source," not just a random guy on twitter.

I grew up with the guy that was the founder or first editor of dream shake. I know he was working on it when we were still in high school. I think they have more legit people working on it now

IKnowHoops
07-11-2017, 03:00 AM

Don't talk about it, be about it. All these lifetime warriors fans who don't know what run TMC was nor have they ever mentioned there love for it. I'm a bigger fan of run TMC than all these lifetime warriors fans. Pay homepage, don't just tell s how u are a lifetime fan only talking bout the last two years.

Vinylman
07-11-2017, 07:52 AM

I am sure they are looking for a third team but at the end of the day I think the knicks will take Anderson but Houston will have to give a 1st rounder... Only way knicks even give up a second rounder is to avoid taking salary back

I am certain they rather just get flat out cap relief because then they can make a run at one of the better FA's left in the class... KCP/Noel/Etc...

Vinylman
07-11-2017, 07:57 AM

did melo fcuk your girl?

jesus dude ... he has a 1 plus 1 left on his deal... if it doesn't work it doesn't work...

Also, they will be dumping Anderson on someone to make it happen... you are acting like they are giving something up to get him

comparing him to those other deals is just ignorant

mightybosstone
07-11-2017, 07:57 AM
I don't think their content is particularly good, by legit I meant it is a "real source," not just a random guy on twitter.

I grew up with the guy that was the founder or first editor of dream shake. I know he was working on it when we were still in high school. I think they have more legit people working on it now
Yeah, the fact that they actually do interviews now and got an invitation to Summer League is a far cry from where they were back then. I still think that Tweeting something you overheard from another journalist is unbelievably unprofessional. That's just not something you do, and I'd be furious if I were Woj.

Vinylman
07-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Yeah, the fact that they actually do interviews now and got an invitation to Summer League is a far cry from where they were back then. I still think that Tweeting something you overheard from another journalist is unbelievably unprofessional. That's just not something you do, and I'd be furious if I were Woj.

it is unprofessional but lets get real on what woj is...

He is basically a stooge for Agents... he is used endlessly by the agent class to manipulate the market...

For selling his soul he gets exclusive breaking information...

Nothing wrong with being some ones biotch as long as you are getting paid

KnicksorBust
07-11-2017, 12:43 PM

In all seriousness though, if Woj had an inside source that told him to keep it quiet then isn't it his responsibility to watch what he is saying and who is saying it around? If Woj was careless with info from a person involved in trade talks that is his problem. Dream Shake thought they had first crack at breaking news. HUGE for them. I wish he had left it up. Probably felt intimidated and that he would be blocked from future opportunities.

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 12:56 PM
In all seriousness though, if Woj had an inside source that told him to keep it quiet then isn't it his responsibility to watch what he is saying and who is saying it around? If Woj was careless with info from a person involved in trade talks that is his problem. Dream Shake thought they had first crack at breaking news. HUGE for them. I wish he had left it up. Probably felt intimidated and that he would be blocked from future opportunities.

It was wrong anyways. We don't know if Woj said it, but Dream Shake did, and nothing happened last night. He probably just put Woj in there for an out in case nothing happened, so he wouldn't get called out.

sep11ie
07-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Lol. Ok

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-11-2017, 05:19 PM
did melo fcuk your girl?

jesus dude ... he has a 1 plus 1 left on his deal... if it doesn't work it doesn't work...

Also, they will be dumping Anderson on someone to make it happen... you are acting like they are giving something up to get him

comparing him to those other deals is just ignorant

I read that Ryan Anderson is one contract the Knicks don't want back. So either need to find a third team to eat him. Or hope Knicks take Gordon and or Ariza or whatever else Rockets have to offer assets wise.

KnicksorBust
07-11-2017, 05:52 PM

It was wrong anyways. We don't know if Woj said it, but Dream Shake did, and nothing happened last night. He probably just put Woj in there for an out in case nothing happened, so he wouldn't get called out.

Nah. Then why delete it?

Gibby23
07-11-2017, 05:56 PM
Nah. Then why delete it?

Maybe Woj never said it and told him to quit using his name as an indirect source

KnicksorBust
07-11-2017, 06:24 PM
Nah. Then why delete it?

Maybe Woj never said it and told him to quit using his name as an indirect source

Doesn't seem like they would have the balls (or are stupid enough) to fake a huge story from the most reliable source in the biz. Totally discredits your site. Could be wrong but thats my gut reaction.

Vinylman
07-11-2017, 07:14 PM
I read that Ryan Anderson is one contract the Knicks don't want back. So either need to find a third team to eat him. Or hope Knicks take Gordon and or Ariza or whatever else Rockets have to offer assets wise.

The details are kinda irrelevant to the point I was making except that there is no way Houston gives that up for melo

The knicks will take anderson if they get a first

The point was Houston isn't giving up anything significant which is why it is low risk

Scoots
07-12-2017, 11:53 AM
Don't talk about it, be about it. All these lifetime warriors fans who don't know what run TMC was nor have they ever mentioned there love for it. I'm a bigger fan of run TMC than all these lifetime warriors fans. Pay homepage, don't just tell s how u are a lifetime fan only talking bout the last two years.

I will never understand how we only got to see Run TMC for so short a time ... why send away Mitch so quick? Gah! That was the start of the curse.

LA4life24/8
07-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Apparently rox knicks tryna get a deal worked out several different scenarios

Sources: Knicks, Rockets working on Melo deal http://es.pn/2u933wQ
via @ESPN App http://es.pn/app

And yes i know this is basically common knowledge just figured id share the latest article on it

M.L.G.A.
07-12-2017, 02:38 PM
4 team trade:

Houston Rocket receive Carmelo Anthony
LA Lakers receive Dwayne Wade
Chicago Bulls receive Ryan Anderson + fillers, Lakers 2nd Rd pick
NY Knicks receive Loul Deng, Julius Randle, Houston 1st Rd Pick

goingfor28
07-12-2017, 03:15 PM
4 team trade:

Why would the Lakers do this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Gibby23
07-12-2017, 03:18 PM
Why would the Lakers do this?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

To get rid of Deng and to open up more cap by not giving Randle a raise next season when he is a RFA with a 12 million dollar cap hold.

Cal827
07-12-2017, 04:22 PM
^^ Wade gonna try to court Lebron again next year :dance:

You guys think that maybe Ariza's expiring could get dealt out? Or you think that Melo would end up as PF?

MrSplashMan
07-12-2017, 04:37 PM
You guys think that maybe Ariza's expiring could get dealt out? Or you think that Melo would end up as PF?[/QUOTE]

Melo shouldn't play SF anymore. His defense is passable as a PF

TrueFan420
07-12-2017, 04:43 PM

There is the possibility that they weren't alive or old enough to remember run TMC. Their life time warriors fandom starts with the warriors being **** for years then the brief spell of we believe.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 05:50 PM
4 team trade:

I like this a lot actually. Makes sense on all sides. Clears like 24M or so in cap for the Lakers too for next summer and gives them Wade to recruit LeBron and PG.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-12-2017, 05:52 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski‏
Verified account
@wojespn
Following

More
Sources: Knicks, Rockets working on Carmelo Anthony trade scenarios that include four-team deals. Sides motivated but no agreement imminent.
10:05 AM - 12 Jul 2017

What's the third and forth teams?

FOXHOUND
07-12-2017, 06:12 PM
4 team trade:

Okay, since nobody is going to ask...

Why the hell would Chicago do this? Or the Knicks, for that matter.

FOXHOUND
07-12-2017, 06:15 PM

No word yet, but apparently they have their third team already and are looking for a fourth to "take on a contract the others don't want" - aka, Ryan Anderson.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 06:22 PM
Okay, since nobody is going to ask...

Why the hell would Chicago do this? Or the Knicks, for that matter.

Whoops, I thought he had Chicago getting a 1st round pick or 2 so nevermind lol. If they want to clear Dengs cap though they could do Deng Randle and a pick for Wade and make it a smaller deal but that's another discussion.

cmellofan15
07-12-2017, 06:46 PM
I read on twitter from a guy with almost 1000 followers that Melo is actually requesting a transfer to play for the Olympiacos in Greece. apparently he wants to go play with his boy jamel mclean, sources say.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 07:05 PM
I read on twitter from a guy with almost 1000 followers that Melo is actually requesting a transfer to play for the Olympiacos in Greece. apparently he wants to go play with his boy jamel mclean, sources say.

Looks like that dude you dogged with 5000 followers is about to be right, hate that for you.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 07:11 PM

No word yet, but apparently they have their third team already and are looking for a fourth to "take on a contract the others don't want" - aka, Ryan Anderson.

Based on reports I've seen previously and some stuff I've read from insiders in other forums, I think the third team is Portland. It makes sense because they're a good fit for Ryno and have a real need at PF and in terms of front court offense overall. They also are clearly in need of improvements to the roster to compete in the West, but have almost no cap flexibility to feasibly get any better.

I think that albatross contract the three teams are trying to find a home for is Leonard. They're likely talking with bad teams with cap room who are willing to take on Leonard's deal without getting a ton in return. So if one of the three teams is willing to cough of up a first, or the three of them can provide enough 2nd rounders and young prospects to get a team like Phoenix or Brooklyn to take Leonard back, I think a deal gets done.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Good luck with that. Anderson doesn't even need to be in the deal. The salaries can be matched with Ariza, Gordon, and some others.

You can absolutely quote me on this. But Trevor Ariza will 100 percent not be traded in any deal to acquire Carmelo Anthony. And I'm like 95 percent certain that (unless another quality rotational wing is coming back to Houston), Eric Gordon isn't either.

The Rockets will be sending out Anderson, non-guaranteed contracts, young prospects/international players and future draft picks in any deal for Melo.

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2017, 07:14 PM

Good luck with that. Anderson doesn't even need to be in the deal. The salaries can be matched with Ariza, Gordon, and some others.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 07:15 PM
You can absolutely quote me on this. But Trevor Ariza will 100 percent not be traded in any deal to acquire Carmelo Anthony. And I'm like 95 percent certain that (unless another quality rotational wing is coming back to Houston), Eric Gordon isn't either.

The Rockets will be sending out Anderson, non-guaranteed contracts, young prospects/international players and future draft picks in any deal for Melo.

I agree.

rhino17
07-12-2017, 07:25 PM
Any deal including Ariza or Gordon isn't worth making. It's Anderson only

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 07:29 PM
I think the 4-team deal that Houston and New York are trying to make would look something like this:
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ycsmzfez

Portland is the third team here and is trying to move Leonard's deal. A team like Phoenix with cap room and little chance to contend would be an obvious destination. But I think it's possible that at least one first rounder would have to be sent to Phoenix to make deal work, and I'm not certain that New York or Portland would be 100 percent sold on this deal.

New York might be cool with this since it's clearly a better alternative to buying out Melo, they save cap room and they get a few competent prospects in return. Portland is essentially swapping one bad contract for another, but at least Ryno is still a pretty damn solid basketball player compared to Leonard, and that's a massive upgrade for them at a position of need.

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2017, 07:35 PM
Any deal including Ariza or Gordon isn't worth making. It's Anderson only

Yes I agree. It's not worth making for the Knicks.

Eagles4Lyfe
07-12-2017, 07:39 PM
I think the 4-team deal that Houston and New York are trying to make would look something like this:

Portland is the third team here and is trying to move Leonard's deal. A team like Phoenix with cap room and little chance to contend would be an obvious destination. But I think it's possible that at least one first rounder would have to be sent to Phoenix to make deal work, and I'm not certain that New York or Portland would be 100 percent sold on this deal.

New York might be cool with this since it's clearly a better alternative to buying out Melo, they save cap room and they get a few competent prospects in return. Portland is essentially swapping one bad contract for another, but at least Ryno is still a pretty damn solid basketball player compared to Leonard, and that's a massive upgrade for them at a position of need.

Is this your hypothetical guess or what your hearing on radio stations there??
Blazers are in cap hell adding another longterm cap problem would be stupid of them. Add to the fact why would they help a western conference foe get a player for scrap heaps??

If the Knicks are that dumb to just unload Melo and clear his cap getting useless heaps, then they're just as stupid. Im asking for Ariza or Gordon and flipping them to contenders for useful pieces.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Yes I agree. It's not worth making for the Knicks.

You seem to be under the impression that the Knicks have leverage. They don't. Melo has a no-trade clause, and he's basically said he only wants to be traded to two teams--Houston or Cleveland. New York has four options:

1. Trade Melo now to Houston or Cleveland for whatever assets they can get.
2. Pay Melo $27 million this season to stifle the growth of Porzingis, prevent the rebuilding process further and get nothing in return for him when he opts out.
3. Buy out the remainder of Melo's contract and get nothing for him so he can still go to Cleveland or Houston.
4. Wait for the trade deadline and pray Melo somehow changes his mind so they can open up the market for him.

Of those four options, No. 1 is clearly the best outcome for them. Therefore, the best they can hope for is a bidding war between the Rockets and Cavs. But it sounds like Cleveland doesn't have the assets or the willingness to pull off that deal right now. So, you tell me.... Why should the Rockets deal any quality assets to New York?

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 07:50 PM
Is this your hypothetical guess or what your hearing on radio stations there??
Blazers are in cap hell adding another longterm cap problem would be stupid of them. Add to the fact why would they help a western conference foe get a player for scrap heaps??

If the Knicks are that dumb to just unload Melo and clear his cap getting useless heaps, then they're just as stupid. Im asking for Ariza or Gordon and flipping them to contenders for useful pieces.

More than one report has suggested that Portland is the third team. I'm not just pulling this out of my ***. Also, you're missing the part where they get rid of a really awful contract in this deal. Ryno's contract is bad, but the guy is still a quality rotational player on a contending team. Leonard is just awful.

Regarding the Knicks position, refer to my above post on why the Knicks have literally zero leverage right now in any deal for Melo. They can either trade him, buy him out or go into the season with a disgruntled Melo further hurting the development and rebuild of their young players.

WaDe03
07-12-2017, 07:51 PM

Looks like the Pelicans want in on it.

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2017, 07:58 PM
More than one report has suggested that Portland is the third team. I'm not just pulling this out of my ***. Also, you're missing the part where they get rid of a really awful contract in this deal. Ryno's contract is bad, but the guy is still a quality rotational player on a contending team. Leonard is just awful.

Regarding the Knicks position, refer to my above post on why the Knicks have literally zero leverage right now in any deal for Melo. They can either trade him, buy him out or go into the season with a disgruntled Melo further hurting the development and rebuild of their young players.

I actually disagree

In fact Melo camps are pressing the Knicks to pull the trigger but Knicks imo are playing it very smart. Not flinching and forcing Rockets to find another team to take Ryno's horrible contract.

Melo has most of the leverage but the Knicks can simply say screw you, you can sit and rot on then bench until we're ready to buy you out.

It's either

1. Expand your option

Or

2. Stay here for another season and deal with the dysfunction/and have your minutes reduced

I've said it for a long time, give Melo the Marbury treatment and force his hand

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2017, 07:58 PM

Looks like the Pelicans want in on it.

How the **** does Anderson fit with Davis and Cousins?

bleedprple&gold
07-12-2017, 08:03 PM
You seem to be under the impression that the Knicks have leverage. They don't. Melo has a no-trade clause, and he's basically said he only wants to be traded to two teams--Houston or Cleveland. New York has four options:

1. Trade Melo now to Houston or Cleveland for whatever assets they can get.
2. Pay Melo $27 million this season to stifle the growth of Porzingis, prevent the rebuilding process further and get nothing in return for him when he opts out.
3. Buy out the remainder of Melo's contract and get nothing for him so he can still go to Cleveland or Houston.
4. Wait for the trade deadline and pray Melo somehow changes his mind so they can open up the market for him.

Of those four options, No. 1 is clearly the best outcome for them. Therefore, the best they can hope for is a bidding war between the Rockets and Cavs. But it sounds like Cleveland doesn't have the assets or the willingness to pull off that deal right now. So, you tell me.... Why should the Rockets deal any quality assets to New York?

Getting nothing for him would be better than taking a bad contract. Obviously they made it clear they are not taking Anderson, but if they are only getting garbage they are better off keeping him and maybe they can get a better offer at the trade deadline. If not, he leaves and you have tons of cap space. Teams are not just going to help create another superteam without getting something worthwhile out of it.

GiantsSwaGG
07-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Something tells me don't sleep on Cleveland, maybe the Knicks are pro longing it because they might be waiting on the Cavs offer

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 08:13 PM
Getting nothing for him would be better than taking a bad contract. Obviously they made it clear they are not taking Anderson, but if they are only getting garbage they are better off keeping him and maybe they can get a better offer at the trade deadline. If not, he leaves and you have tons of cap space. Teams are not just going to help create another superteam without getting something worthwhile out of it.
If they can get a decent prospect like Harkless and a couple of cheap young prospects like Onuaku and Taylor, I'd consider that a pretty big win for the Knicks. That's not nothing. Also, for a team that just crazy overpaid Hardaway, cap space should be pretty meaningless right now. That team is years away from being relevant again.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 08:19 PM
I actually disagree

In fact Melo camps are pressing the Knicks to pull the trigger but Knicks imo are playing it very smart. Not flinching and forcing Rockets to find another team to take Ryno's horrible contract.

Melo has most of the leverage but the Knicks can simply say screw you, you can sit and rot on then bench until we're ready to buy you out.

It's either

1. Expand your option

Or

2. Stay here for another season and deal with the dysfunction/and have your minutes reduced

I've said it for a long time, give Melo the Marbury treatment and force his hand
They have enough leverage to not take on Anderson's contract, but that's not exactly much. Adding Anderson when they're this far from contention makes zero sense, and because it's a 3-year contract, that would be a step back from where they're at with Melo. Not being forced to make a deal in which you're in worse shape than you were before the deal isn't really leverage, though, is it?

I do think what they're doing is smart in trying to get SOME value out of him while they still can. But if they hold out to the point of just not dealing the guy at all to spite him, that would be kind of a dick move to a guy who has pretty much been the face of professional basketball for the city for the better part of a decade.

How the **** does Anderson fit with Davis and Cousins?
I don't think he does at all. I don't see a scenario where Anderson ends up in New Orleans.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Something tells me don't sleep on Cleveland, maybe the Knicks are pro longing it because they might be waiting on the Cavs offer
I don't think Cleveland has the pieces to make the kind of three or four team deal work that the Knicks want where they'd end up with some young pieces and prospects. The only way I see where Cleveland has a shot at outbidding Houston is to deal Love, and they'd be complete idiots to make that move. It would be a lateral one that wouldn't make them any better in the long run.

cmellofan15
07-12-2017, 08:45 PM
Looks like that dude you dogged with 5000 followers is about to be right, hate that for you.

lmao what are you talking about?? the dude said "BREAKING NEWS" on July 8th.....that was four days ago? hahahaha if that's what you consider reporting then I finally understand you

Raps18-19 Champ
07-12-2017, 08:59 PM
Raptors get - Anderson and Ariza

Rockets get - Carmelo

Knicks get - JV and filler for cap.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 09:02 PM
Raptors get - Anderson and Ariza

Rockets get - Carmelo

Knicks get - JV and filler for cap.

Doesn't make a ton of sense for Houston or New York, though. The Rockets have zero reason to get rid of Ariza right now, and they don't want to as he's close with Paul and Harden. And why would New York want to add essentially a poor man's version of Porzingis?

I don't necessarily agree with the whole "Ariza should be untouchable" thing as I've stated for years that the Rockets could upgrade at SF. But literally everything I've heard or read this offseason has basically stated that Ariza isn't going anywhere, so I don't think there's a chance of this realistically happening.

Hustla23
07-12-2017, 09:03 PM
I'll take Anderson's contract if the Rockets throw in a first round pick unprotected in 2022.

cheetos185
07-12-2017, 09:38 PM
I don't see a Melo trade happening. I think he stays one more season and opts out to join lebron and cp3 somewhere else.

mightybosstone
07-12-2017, 10:34 PM
I don't see a Melo trade happening. I think he stays one more season and opts out to join lebron and cp3 somewhere else.

It doesn't make any sense for New York to keep him for another season. One way or another, he's not starting the season in a Knicks uniform.

rhino17
07-12-2017, 10:49 PM
I'll take Anderson's contract if the Rockets throw in a first round pick unprotected in 2022.

Deal, keep in mind Houston has only had 3 losing seasons since 1984, so that draft pick still isn't gonna be good

Dade County
07-13-2017, 12:01 AM
Knicks & whoever might have to do a back door deal some way some how...

Knicks get draft picks & a young player for a no name player on their roster. They release Melo, & he signs with Houston.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 12:46 AM
I actually disagree

It's either

1. Expand your option

Or

Melo would say cool, buy out my full option year when you do buy me out and I'll be over here at the end of the bench.

KnicksorBust
07-13-2017, 08:35 AM
A lot of us Knicks fans have an itchy trigger right now. We just want Melo gone and Porzingis to start dropping 25ppg. That is the dream. But thia situation seems to require patience. We absolutely cannot take on a longer deal and a big contract. Legit - if Melo can't get us a 1st and cap relief then I would hold and try and make the playoffs in the doo-doo East. He is not toxic to the point we should sell at all costs. He can still play. We should demand some value. Some combination of young talent or 1st round pick + cap relief if I wouldn't trade him.

ewing
07-13-2017, 08:43 AM

that's going to be a great draft

Dade County
07-13-2017, 09:08 AM
Melo would say cool, buy out my full option year when you do buy me out and I'll be over here at the end of the bench.

Let him sit at the end of the bench then. I will go that route before I bought him out.

He has to open up to more teams or waste two years.

NYY 26 to 7
07-13-2017, 09:36 AM

I would say enjoy 2 years on the bench or opt out after this season. If not good luck with your vet min as a bit role player when you're 35 looking for a new team with your bum knee and shoulder after 2 years of being on a terrible team wasting the last couple decent years you might have.

oak2455
07-13-2017, 09:59 AM

:laugh:

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:10 AM

:laugh2: good rot on the bench for 2 years

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 10:21 AM
:laugh2: good rot on the bench for 2 years

It may seem like a cool thing to say but let me know when the Knicks are paying Close to 50 million over 2 years for Melo to sit on the bench. Won't happen.

Lil Rhody
07-13-2017, 10:23 AM
^ that's how I feel. Ny doesn't owe him anything **** em

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 10:23 AM
4 team trade talk? Best believe Danny Ainge 'bout to swoop in and get an #asset out of that.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Let him sit at the end of the bench then. I will go that route before I bought him out.

He has to open up to more teams or waste two years.

He doesn't care. He wasted half his career.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 10:28 AM

RyNo + a vet min player is about the same as Harkless + Leonard. So POR isn't improving their luxury tax situation at all with this. I don't see why they'd do this at all.

Driven
07-13-2017, 10:30 AM
I think today is the day the trade gets done. Rumors have just been getting stronger and stronger by the day over the past week or so. They've been inching towards a deal, but it appears that they're almost there.

The Rockets certainly do not need to include Anderson in a deal. They can definitely get a deal done centered around Gordon and Ariza. But they won't. That's too much to give up, and they're still stuck with Anderson (who's contract in a year or two probably won't be looked at as nearly as bad). They have the flexibility to give up Ariza, especially with Tucker now, but they won't. Chris Paul and the guys like him too much. I also could see them trading Gordon at some point, but not now, and there aren't any rumors of doing so. Gordon would be a nice trade chip midseason if the Rockets want to make a deal and there's something available. Hell, maybe at that point they can team up Gordon with Ariza.

The Rockets won't make this deal without moving Anderson. If they would, the deal would have been done already. The Knicks don't have any other options right now to move Melo. They have two teams available to trade Carmelo to, and there haven't been any real rumors circulating for him to go to Cleveland. Cleveland would be an intriguing spot for him though, since he played at Syracuse which is about 5 hours away.

Anderson can have some value on a team, but only if they also have dead contracts that they need to drop as well. He might not make sense for the Pelicans, but if they're able to move Asik and another bad contract, it's probably a clear upgrade on paper. For as bad as his contract may appear right now, there are other bad contracts out there that teams want to give up.

At the end of the day, if a deal goes down, I think it will make sense for all teams involved. But I think the Rockets are going to make out like bandits in terms of value. Anderson and picks for Carmelo, really.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:36 AM
RyNo + a vet min player is about the same as Harkless + Leonard. So POR isn't improving their luxury tax situation at all with this. I don't see why they'd do this at all.

You're assuming Portland is doing the deal to improve their luxury tax situation. I don't think that's necessarily the case. I think Portland is involved in this deal because they have a gaping hole at PF, and Anderson would give them the stretch 4 they need to give Lillard and McCollum the space to move around in the paint.

The Blazers are screwed either way, but this makes them a much better basketball team. Leonard is trash, and Harkless is solid, but they have a logjam of wings right now. Also, I'm not completely guessing here. There are multiple sources in the last week that have suggested that Portland is the third team. Not necessarily reliable sources. But Woj's report that there is a third team involved leads me to believe that previous reports about this being a three-team deal with Portland were accurate.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:42 AM
4 team trade talk? Best believe Danny Ainge 'bout to swoop in and get an #asset out of that.
I just don't see it happening. I think New York and Houston are adding teams because they're looking for cellar dwellers to eat some bad contracts. Unless Ainge is looking to take on players on bad deals—which he shouldn't be—I think Boston stays far away from this one.

A lot of us Knicks fans have an itchy trigger right now. We just want Melo gone and Porzingis to start dropping 25ppg. That is the dream. But thia situation seems to require patience. We absolutely cannot take on a longer deal and a big contract. Legit - if Melo can't get us a 1st and cap relief then I would hold and try and make the playoffs in the doo-doo East. He is not toxic to the point we should sell at all costs. He can still play. We should demand some value. Some combination of young talent or 1st round pick + cap relief if I wouldn't trade him.
But what value does making the playoffs in the East actually have if you're stifling the growth of your young players and getting bounced in the first round? New York needs to just go through a rebuilding process and build around what young talent they do have on the roster, not retool for long-shot playoff hopes. And if you don't deal Melo now, you're likely giving up your last chance to get anything for him. Harkless, some young possible long-term rotation guys and a 2nd rounder or two is better than nothing, and I think the Knicks are going to jump on that while they still can.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:43 AM

I think today is the day the trade gets done. Rumors have just been getting stronger and stronger by the day over the past week or so. They've been inching towards a deal, but it appears that they're almost there.

The Rockets certainly do not need to include Anderson in a deal. They can definitely get a deal done centered around Gordon and Ariza. But they won't. That's too much to give up, and they're still stuck with Anderson (who's contract in a year or two probably won't be looked at as nearly as bad). They have the flexibility to give up Ariza, especially with Tucker now, but they won't. Chris Paul and the guys like him too much. I also could see them trading Gordon at some point, but not now, and there aren't any rumors of doing so. Gordon would be a nice trade chip midseason if the Rockets want to make a deal and there's something available. Hell, maybe at that point they can team up Gordon with Ariza.

The Rockets won't make this deal without moving Anderson. If they would, the deal would have been done already. The Knicks don't have any other options right now to move Melo. They have two teams available to trade Carmelo to, and there haven't been any real rumors circulating for him to go to Cleveland. Cleveland would be an intriguing spot for him though, since he played at Syracuse which is about 5 hours away.

Anderson can have some value on a team, but only if they also have dead contracts that they need to drop as well. He might not make sense for the Pelicans, but if they're able to move Asik and another bad contract, it's probably a clear upgrade on paper. For as bad as his contract may appear right now, there are other bad contracts out there that teams want to give up.

At the end of the day, if a deal goes down, I think it will make sense for all teams involved. But I think the Rockets are going to make out like bandits in terms of value. Anderson and picks for Carmelo, really.

:nod:

krrys11
07-13-2017, 10:45 AM
How about this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ajrgfw

Main thing for Houston : They get Melo
Main thing for NYK : They get youngster to pair up next to Porzingas
Main thing for Bulls : well not much, but they get a stretch 4 and Wade wants to leave anyway. Possibly picks coming their way
Main thing for LAL: Get rid of Deng and only pick up one year deals.

What you people thing?

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:48 AM
How about this trade:

http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y8ajrgfw

Main thing for Houston : They get Melo
Main thing for NYK : They get youngster to pair up next to Porzingas
Main thing for Bulls : well not much, but they get a stretch 4 and Wade wants to leave anyway. Possibly picks coming their way
Main thing for LAL: Get rid of Deng and only pick up one year deals.

What you people thing?
Again, zero chance this happens. Trevor Ariza is not going to be dealt this offseason.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:52 AM
It may seem like a cool thing to say but let me know when the Knicks are paying Close to 50 million over 2 years for Melo to sit on the bench. Won't happen.

Hmmm:

1. Pay him 50 mill, play a reduced role/benched

Or

2. Buy him out for 40 mill and watch him win a title else where

I'm choosing one

krrys11
07-13-2017, 10:55 AM
What if it is Clint Capela instead ... contracts still work. I only picked Ariza at first as I knew contracts will work...it also works with Capela.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:17 AM
Hmmm:

1. Pay him 50 mill, play a reduced role/benched

Or

2. Buy him out for 40 mill and watch him win a title else where

I'm choosing one

But you aren't making the decision. I said what the Knicks would do.

Now it's reduced role? I though they were going to bench him?

c.c.
07-13-2017, 11:23 AM
What if it is Clint Capela instead ... contracts still work. I only picked Ariza at first as I knew contracts will work...it also works with Capela.

Adding anyone else in this deal with Anderson would ruin our team chemistry or depth.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 11:31 AM
Adding anyone else in this deal with Anderson would ruin our team chemistry or depth.

But how else are you getting Melo? He's overrated by average fans but he's still much better than RyNo and he has a shorter (therefore better) contract. So without adding to that package how are you getting him?

rhino17
07-13-2017, 11:35 AM
But how else are you getting Melo? He's overrated by average fans but he's still much better than RyNo and he has a shorter (therefore better) contract. So without adding to that package how are you getting him?

Anderson still has value, just not to the knicks. Thats why multiple teams are involved

Melo is only worth trading for it its for Anderson, as all the Rockets fans have been saying...Anderson+any other player makes the rockets worse

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 11:39 AM
Anderson still has value, just not to the knicks. Thats why multiple teams are involved

IDK, I thought the rumors were that they need a 4th team because no one else in the deal wants RyNo. His deal is trash. But we'll see.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 12:01 PM
I have been saying forever... when push comes to shove the Knicks will take Ryno, expirings and a Houston 1st rounder... They can buy ryno out for $45 million and net a 1st ... it is better than buying out melo and getting nothing

If people think that is a bad deal then they are crazy...

The hold up right now is the knicks just trying to find someone to take Ryno instead and probably just netting a second rounder and large cap relief out of it.

Exactly, if they have to take Ryno, they will. Smarter to buy him out than Melo.

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 12:03 PM
I have been saying forever... when push comes to shove the Knicks will take Ryno, expirings and a Houston 1st rounder... They can buy ryno out for $45 million and net a 1st ... it is better than buying out melo and getting nothing

If people think that is a bad deal then they are crazy...

The hold up right now is the knicks just trying to find someone to take Ryno instead and probably just netting a second rounder and large cap relief out of it.

krrys11
07-13-2017, 12:04 PM
I was pretty sure Houston has to move more than Anderson to match the contracts. I could be wrong.

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 12:11 PM
I was pretty sure Houston has to move more than Anderson to match the contracts. I could be wrong.

that is a non-issue... they have a bunch of non-guaranteed deals

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 12:54 PM
that is a non-issue... they have a bunch of non-guaranteed deals

Do they count? I thought they did away with that "loophole" to where non-guaranteed money doesn't count anymore for matching salary.

Scoots
07-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Hehe

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 01:38 PM
Yeah, Clint is also not going anywhere. I could see Houston dealing Gordon before dealing Clint. But trust me when I say that, unless something major changes between now and the deal, any trade for Melo will be focused around Anderson, non-guaranteed contracts, young guys, international prospects and future draft picks. No other key pieces of the Rockets rotation will be traded in the deal.

You deal Ryno to a team like Portland that has a major need at PF and is willing to take on Ryno's contract as a means to get rid of other, arguably worse contracts. Then you give New York some assets from Portland and Houston as payment for Ryno. If New York had the option of paying Melo $40 million+ in a buyout and getting nothing in return for him or trading him to another team and getting scraps, they'll absolutely take the scraps.

Teams only get pennies on the dollar in return for dealing their stars, and Melo's "no-trade" clause makes it even harder to get a decent return for him.

IDK, I thought the rumors were that they need a 4th team because no one else in the deal wants RyNo. His deal is trash. But we'll see.
The rumors are that they need a 4th team because they need someone to get rid of a bad contract. No one said it was Ryno's. Like I said before, I think the third team is Portland and the bad deal nobody wants is Meyers Leonard. I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time. But everything I've read or seen in the past week points to Portland.

Do they count? I thought they did away with that "loophole" to where non-guaranteed money doesn't count anymore for matching salary.
Yes. They still count. I know a portion of what Morey did is no longer legal with the new CBA, although I don't know what portion of it is. But he can still absolutely combine non-guaranteed contracts in a trade.

Vinylman
07-13-2017, 01:45 PM

nah .. you can include them...

Are you thinking about the keith van horne type transaction? they have been outlawed for quite awhile now.

hugepatsfan
07-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Yeah, Clint is also not going anywhere. I could see Houston dealing Gordon before dealing Clint. But trust me when I say that, unless something major changes between now and the deal, any trade for Melo will be focused around Anderson, non-guaranteed contracts, young guys, international prospects and future draft picks. No other key pieces of the Rockets rotation will be traded in the deal.

You deal Ryno to a team like Portland that has a major need at PF and is willing to take on Ryno's contract as a means to get rid of other, arguably worse contracts. Then you give New York some assets from Portland and Houston as payment for Ryno. If New York had the option of paying Melo $40 million+ in a buyout and getting nothing in return for him or trading him to another team and getting scraps, they'll absolutely take the scraps.

Teams only get pennies on the dollar in return for dealing their stars, and Melo's "no-trade" clause makes it even harder to get a decent return for him.

The rumors are that they need a 4th team because they need someone to get rid of a bad contract. No one said it was Ryno's. Like I said before, I think the third team is Portland and the bad deal nobody wants is Meyers Leonard. I could be wrong, and it wouldn't be the first time. But everything I've read or seen in the past week points to Portland.

Yes. They still count. I know a portion of what Morey did is no longer legal with the new CBA, although I don't know what portion of it is. But he can still absolutely combine non-guaranteed contracts in a trade.

Eh, if I'm POR I MUCH prefer Leonard/Harkless to RyNo. They bring more combined value as players and because their deals are half of Ryno's there's insanely easier to salary dump and help out with luxury tax. I don't see what their motivation would be to do that deal. We'll see though.

I thought I read when the CP3 stuff was happening the NBA was closing the loophole of sending non-guaranteed money to match salaries. So if you send out $15M guaranteed and $3M non-guaranteed for purposes of slaary matching only the $15M counts. But maybe I'm wrong.

smith&wesson
07-13-2017, 02:46 PM
Houston needs to understand that Anderson is untradable. If you cant dupe the Knicks to taking him beleive me no one will.

Theyre going to have to give up a player who has value. Plain and simple.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 03:34 PM
Eh, if I'm POR I MUCH prefer Leonard/Harkless to RyNo. They bring more combined value as players and because their deals are half of Ryno's there's insanely easier to salary dump and help out with luxury tax. I don't see what their motivation would be to do that deal. We'll see though.

I thought I read when the CP3 stuff was happening the NBA was closing the loophole of sending non-guaranteed money to match salaries. So if you send out $15M guaranteed and $3M non-guaranteed for purposes of slaary matching only the $15M counts. But maybe I'm wrong.

Houston needs to understand that Anderson is untradable. If you cant dupe the Knicks to taking him beleive me no one will.

Theyre going to have to give up a player who has value. Plain and simple.
I think Ryno has more value than you guys are suggesting. The guy stretches a defense as much as any player in the NBA, and his ability to force opposing big men out to 25+ feet is something few (if any) other big men in the league can provide. I'm not saying he's worth $20 million a year or anything close to that, but I also think he's a player whose stats don't necessarily do justice because of the value he provides offensively outside the stat sheet.

I could absolutely be wrong, but if anything I've read in the last week has merit, I think there's a very real chance the Rockets will get Melo in a 3-4 team deal in which Anderson is the only core rotational player they're having to give up.

rhino17
07-13-2017, 03:47 PM
Anderson has actual on court value whereas Meyers Leonard has absolutely none. So while Anderson is overpaid, Leonard is a worse contract because he has absolutely no value

colinskik
07-13-2017, 03:54 PM
I think Ryno has more value than you guys are suggesting. The guy stretches a defense as much as any player in the NBA, and his ability to force opposing big men out to 25+ feet is something few (if any) other big men in the league can provide. I'm not saying he's worth $20 million a year or anything close to that, but I also think he's a player whose stats don't necessarily do justice because of the value he provides offensively outside the stat sheet.

I could absolutely be wrong, but if anything I've read in the last week has merit, I think there's a very real chance the Rockets will get Melo in a 3-4 team deal in which Anderson is the only core rotational player they're having to give up.

I also think Ryno is a good piece for the POR front court with Nurkic / Aminu / Turner. Feels like a good fit to me.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-13-2017, 05:32 PM
Ryan Anderson $19,578,455 $20,421,546 $21,264,637

Reports are most teams not willing to eat Anderson unless they get two first round picks.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 05:43 PM
Ryan Anderson $19,578,455 $20,421,546 $21,264,637

Reports are most teams not willing to eat Anderson unless they get two first round picks.

What reports and how recently? Because I've seen other sources in the last couple of days suggesting that it's Leonard's contract that's holding up the trade and that Ryno is headed to Portland.

rhino17
07-13-2017, 05:55 PM
What reports and how recently? Because I've seen other sources in the last couple of days suggesting that it's Leonard's contract that's holding up the trade and that Ryno is headed to Portland.

Potato head just reported that Leonard is the one holding up the trade

Hustla23
07-13-2017, 07:10 PM
Deal, keep in mind Houston has only had 3 losing seasons since 1984, so that draft pick still isn't gonna be good

I'll take my chances lol.

But seriously, Houston needs to make this happen.

I said this in another post but Melo would significantly increase Houston's odds of beating GS, not because Melo individually is a spectacular player at this stage, but because he adds another dimension/dynamic to the offense in terms of the ability to either hit the open shot (the Rockets have plenty of 3 point shooters) as well as the ability to create off the dribble. It adds a layer of unpredictability to the offense that makes a real difference. They'll still probably lose but they need to go all in. There isn't another wing out there (realistically) that can make the sort of impact that Melo would.

oak2455
07-13-2017, 07:30 PM
Potato head just reported that Leonard is the one holding up the trade

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/883748403490029568/mTpfsC7p_400x400.jpg

Don't mess with my ginormous head

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 07:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/883748403490029568/mTpfsC7p_400x400.jpg

Don't mess with my ginormous head

http://i65.tinypic.com/bec6sp.jpg

This is a more appropriate pic bro. 20 inch rims head

oak2455
07-13-2017, 08:02 PM
http://i65.tinypic.com/bec6sp.jpg

This is a more appropriate pic bro. 20 inch rims head

:laugh: spinning head

eDush
07-13-2017, 08:37 PM
Knicks don't want any Ryno and if Melo wants to play somewhere else, he would have to take a sizable cut off his remaining contract otherwise he can suffer with his buddy THJ :)

That's what I would do as Knicks GM :nod:

oak2455
07-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Knicks don't want any Ryno and if Melo wants to play somewhere else, he would have to take a sizable cut off his remaining contract otherwise he can suffer with his buddy THJ :)

The new GM

eDush
07-13-2017, 09:02 PM

The new GM:bow:

oak2455
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski @wojespn
·
9m

Story posting soon with @RamonaShelburne on ESPN: The Knicks have paused Carmelo Anthony trade talks with Houston and Cleveland.

eDush
07-13-2017, 09:42 PM
^ maybe the Knicks like my idea :nod:

Sorry Melo :(

rhino17
07-13-2017, 09:42 PM
The Knicks are so inept

You hire a GM that has only worked with garbage organizations in recent history, now you wanna put the trade on pause, so Melo can increase his trade value. Got news for you, Melo has almost no trade value whatsoever. He has a no trade clause, will only play for 2 teams, and quite frankly is an overpaid aging star who with a bad attitude. Nothing about waiting around is gonna change that. Houston is not ever going to give up more than Anderson and Cleveland is never going to give up anything more than JR and Shumpert.

And they wonder why they have been irrelevant for decades

Luckily, Ramona Shelbourne is part of this report which leads me to believe it isn't true considering her track record

ball4reel
07-13-2017, 09:56 PM
The Knicks are so inept

You hire a GM that has only worked with garbage organizations in recent history, now you wanna put the trade on pause, so Melo can increase his trade value. Got news for you, Melo has almost no trade value whatsoever. He has a no trade clause, will only play for 2 teams, and quite frankly is an overpaid aging star who with a bad attitude. Nothing about waiting around is gonna change that. Houston is not ever going to give up more than Anderson and Cleveland is never going to give up anything more than JR and Shumpert.

Luckily, Ramona Shelbourne is part of this report which leads me to believe it isn't true considering her track record

Maybe the new GM wants to talk to Melo to see where his head is at. Now he is overpaid, aging, and has a bad attitude. then why do the Rockets want him on their team?

WaDe03
07-13-2017, 10:02 PM
Dumb as **** just give him to the Rockets or Cavs and move on.

cheetos185
07-13-2017, 10:06 PM
Sorry rockets fans melo might not want to leave NY because of his son and his new and old bffs KP/Thjr.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

rhino17
07-13-2017, 10:12 PM
Maybe the new GM wants to talk to Melo to see where his head is at. Now he is overpaid, aging, and has a bad attitude. then why do the Rockets want him on their team?

Because he would be a clear 3rd option and we would only be giving up our current player at the same position he would play. He wouldn't be a franchise cornerstone in Houston or Cleveland

MrSplashMan
07-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Lmao it's a leverage move. He's gonna get traded. If the Knicks don't get cap and young pieces why would they do it? Make melo open more options or rot. Simple.

KnicksorBust
07-13-2017, 10:16 PM
The Knicks are so inept

What a whiny post. It is a shame Houston is such a bad trade match considering both sides want a deal. But the only chip we can get back is a longer worse contract? Forget that. Melo can still lead us in scoring and maybe we squeeze in the playoffs.. I really want him gone but just giving away an all-star for nothing makes no sense.

sharqstealth
07-13-2017, 10:17 PM
The Knicks are so inept

Why you so pissed??? lol

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:19 PM
Genius move by the Knicks, forces Melo's/Rockets hand.

Come up with a better offer or we keep Melo and you risk losing CP3 after this season

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:20 PM
Why you so pissed??? lol

Because the Knicks pulled a fast one and now the Rockets might bite and give up more than they initially wanted

Hustla23
07-13-2017, 10:25 PM
So it never makes sense to give Knicks FO the benefit of the doubt but a small part of me hopes that this is just a ploy for leverage because they don't like what the rox have to offer lol.

I think they want Gordon + picks which Morey would probably never do so I hope they can meet in the middle somewhere. Anderson + a first + a second.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:25 PM
So it never makes sense to give Knicks FO the benefit of the doubt but a small part of me hopes that this is just a ploy for leverage because they don't like what the rox have to offer lol.

I think they want Gordon + picks which Morey would probably never do so I hope they can meet in the middle somewhere. Anderson + a first + a second.

Doesn't make sense taking back Anderson, expecially with a 2030 pick attached to it

rhino17
07-13-2017, 10:32 PM
Anderson was never going to NY, he was going to Portland from all reports

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:33 PM
What a whiny post. It is a shame Houston is such a bad trade match considering both sides want a deal. But the only chip we can get back is a longer worse contract? Forget that. Melo can still lead us in scoring and maybe we squeeze in the playoffs.. I really want him gone but just giving away an all-star for nothing makes no sense.
A couple of things.

First off, the Rockets weren't trading Anderson to New York. That was fairly clear by pretty much every report on the planet claiming it was a 3 or 4 team deal.

Second, you know what makes less sense than trading Melo for pennies on the dollar? Paying Melo $27 million this season for the Knicks to be mediocre and then having Melo walk for literally nothing a year from now. If you're the Knicks, you should absolutely take the pennies while you can still get the pennies. And, ultimately, I think that's what will still end up happening

Come up with a better offer or we keep Melo and you risk losing CP3 after this season

I wouldn't exactly call it "genius." IMO, this is what happened, and how the chain of events will play out over the next few days/weeks.

1. The Knicks front office parts ways with Phil Jackson and starts looking into the market for Melo.
2. Realizing the Melo market was essentially only two teams, the Knicks started talking with Cleveland and Houston, quickly realizing that Morey was the only partner who was capable of getting them any even remotely decent assets.
3. The Knicks and Rockets work out the deal and ultimately are freakishly close, probably within a phone call or two of pulling the trigger.
4. But Dolan and Mills realize it's going to be bad PR when they deal Melo for scraps. So they delay the signing and use the new regime as the scapegoat for the delay, claiming they want to meet with Melo again and work things out.
5. However, they know that Melo is gone. He's seen the writing on the wall, and why would he stay if there's a feasible way out? They're doing this as leverage to get more in the trade, trying to create a bidding war for a player who really only has two logical destinations.
6. Melo politely meets with them and tells them that he still wants out. The Knicks act tough as a means to try to get more in a trade for him.
7. Nobody budges. Houston and Cleveland don't make any concessions, or (at best) throw in a minor asset or two that wasn't in the original deal.
8. One of two things ultimately happens: New York eventually caves and deals Melo away anyway, or they act like petulant children, refuse to trade Melo and get nothing for him next summer when Melo leaves for nothing.

I still think Melo gets dealt to Houston. But the Rockets have all offseason to wait. I don't think the Knicks do, not if they want to retool their roster. And that's why I don't think all this posturing will matter in the long run.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:35 PM
Anderson was never going to NY, he was going to Portland from all reports

Yeah but Leonard was the deal breaker. Genius move by the Knicks. You want Melo, come back with a better offer or risk losing out on Melo and CP3 (after this season)

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 10:35 PM

Do you guys have cap space next season? Could possibly bring in a CP3 to play with Melo, KP, and THJ. Hornecek like to play an open style of ball but was restricted. Might be best to keep him. The beef was with Phil and Melo, not Knicks and Melo.

eDush
07-13-2017, 10:48 PM

Do you guys have cap space next season? Could possibly bring in a CP3 to play with Melo, KP, and THJ. Hornecek like to play an open style of ball but was restricted. Might be best to keep him. The beef was with Phil and Melo, not Knicks and Melo.Actually his beef was more with THJ and why he is more willing now for a trade and why the Knicks signed THJ is partly to piss him off so he can waive his no trade clause :nod:

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 10:48 PM
Do you guys have cap space next season? Could possibly bring in a CP3 to play with Melo, KP, and THJ. Hornecek like to play an open style of ball but was restricted. Might be best to keep him. The beef was with Phil and Melo, not Knicks and Melo.
No matter how you look at it, Melo is a bad long-term fit in New York. First off, Melo is really a stretch 4 in today's NBA, which is the same position Porzingis plays. Melo will just continue to stunt Porzingis' growth, and Porzingis will hurt Melo's chances to thrive at his ideal position.

Second, this idea that Melo could re-sign and the Knicks could create a super team in New York was pretty much screwed the second they signed Hardaway to that abortion of a contract. Next summer, they'll be staring at a season in which they'll owe Noah, Hardaway and Lee a combined $48 million. And that's with Porzingis on a rookie contract still.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 10:50 PM

Don't want CP3, can see him going to LA with LeBron. Melo's/rockets are in a tough spot.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:01 PM
No matter how you look at it, Melo is a bad long-term fit in New York. First off, Melo is really a stretch 4 in today's NBA, which is the same position Porzingis plays. Melo will just continue to stunt Porzingis' growth, and Porzingis will hurt Melo's chances to thrive at his ideal position.

Second, this idea that Melo could re-sign and the Knicks could create a super team in New York was pretty much screwed the second they signed Hardaway to that abortion of a contract. Next summer, they'll be staring at a season in which they'll owe Noah, Hardaway and Lee a combined $48 million. And that's with Porzingis on a rookie contract still.

You guys signed Ryan Anderson and that is a reason a deal isn't getting done.

Rockets need Melo for any chance at the Warriors. Knicks aren't going anywhere, they can hold on to Melo till the deadline or end of season to see if he will opt out. If he doesn't they can revisit next summer. They don't owe the Rockets anything.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:02 PM
You guys signed Ryan Anderson and that is a reason a deal isn't getting done.

Rockets need Melo for any chance at the Warriors. Knicks aren't going anywhere, they can hold on to Melo till the deadline or end of season to see if he will opt out. If he doesn't they can revisit next summer. They don't owe the Rockets anything.

:facepalm: How many times do I have to say this? Ryan. Anderson. Is. Not. Going. To. New. York.

Let me know when that sinks in...

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 11:06 PM

Sorry bro, the Knicks pretty much have most of the leverage right now. Kind of forces the Rockets hand, don't trade for Melo and risk losing CP3... remember the Cavs are still an option

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:07 PM
:facepalm: How many times do I have to say this? Ryan. Anderson. Is. Not. Going. To. New. York.

Let me know when that sinks in...

He is the reason the Rockets can't work directly with the Knicks. 4 team trades are rare. Slap yourself

MrSplashMan
07-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Lmao at the rocket fans that think melo should be given away. Rockets need melo bad, Knicks can wait this out as long as they want.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:21 PM
Sorry bro, the Knicks pretty much have most of the leverage right now. Kind of forces the Rockets hand, don't trade for Melo and risk losing CP3... remember the Cavs are still an option
What leverage? You really think they'll pay him $27 million to pout on the bench and kill their rebuilding effort? If they're that petty, then they're every bit the ****** front office that everyone claims they are. If the Knicks' front office has half a brain between all of them combined (admittedly a little questionable), they'll deal Melo while they can still get anything for him.

He is the reason the Rockets can't work directly with the Knicks. 4 team trades are rare. Slap yourself
You're acting like the Rockets have zero other assets. If the Rockets want him, they could have him right now. They could offer Gordon, Ariza, a couple of non-guaranteed contracts and a future protected 1st rounder if they wanted to, and New York would cream in their pants before they ever hung up the phone. But why would Morey do that when he knows there's a chance he doesn't have to touch his rotation outside of Anderson, and he can still end up with Melo on the roster?

Pretending that Anderson is the sole reason this trade isn't happening is ****ing asinine. This is Morey being smart and not giving up more than he needs to get a player he knows is attainable.

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:28 PM
What leverage? You really think they'll pay him $27 million to pout on the bench and kill their rebuilding effort? If they're that petty, then they're every bit the ****** front office that everyone claims they are. If the Knicks' front office has half a brain between all of them combined (admittedly a little questionable), they'll deal Melo while they can still get anything for him.

You're acting like the Rockets have zero other assets. If the Rockets want him, they could have him right now. They could offer Gordon, Ariza, a couple of non-guaranteed contracts and a future protected 1st rounder if they wanted to, and New York would cream in their pants before they ever hung up the phone. But why would Morey do that when he knows there's a chance he doesn't have to touch his rotation outside of Anderson, and he can still end up with Melo on the roster?

Pretending that Anderson is the sole reason this trade isn't happening is ****ing asinine. This is Morey being smart and not giving up more than he needs to get a player he knows is attainable.

Those assets would also weaken the team if they were traded and it would make the Rockets trade players they don't. Knicks are going to make it hurt if the Rockets want Melo. If not they lose to the Warriors. They would still lose with Melo, but they ate trying to shed the Anderson contract to be players next season.

HeartOfStarks
07-13-2017, 11:29 PM

Melo's not staying here for more than a season unless the banana boat comes here. And the sooner KP moves to the 5 the better. He's too slow to guard the modern stretch 4s at the perimeter but he's already one of the best rim protectors in the league. He seems to be trying to bulk up this offseason as much as possible.

Hustla23
07-13-2017, 11:29 PM

I'd like to know how you think the Rockets would get Melo without offering Ariza or Gordon, but with the restriction of not being able to include Anderson.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:30 PM
Lmao at the rocket fans that think melo should be given away. Rockets need melo bad, Knicks can wait this out as long as they want.

Look at what New Orleans and Chicago got for Cousins and Butler. They were superior, younger players than Melo with multiple years left on their contracts. Look at what Indiana got for Paul George. Again... younger and better than Melo.

Now consider that Melo has a no-trade clause and can only be traded to two contenders with very few young prospects compared to George and Indiana, who had 29 potential trade partners and a huge market to work with. So basically take whatever value George was worth and shrink that value by at least half (probably more like 70-80 percent) and you'll get some idea of what Melo is likely going to end up getting the Knicks.

If you think New York is going to get some kind of significant haul for Melo, you're fooling yourself.

GiantsSwaGG
07-13-2017, 11:36 PM

And you do realize the Knicks can easily say we'll take the Cavs piece of trash trade offer rather than yours and you guys will be screwed and lose CP3. Knicks have the leverage, they can simply convince Melo to stay

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:36 PM
Look at what New Orleans and Chicago got for Cousins and Butler. They were superior, younger players than Melo with multiple years left on their contracts. Look at what Indiana got for Paul George. Again... younger and better than Melo.

Now consider that Melo has a no-trade clause and can only be traded to two contenders with very few young prospects compared to George and Indiana, who had 29 potential trade partners and a huge market to work with. So basically take whatever value George was worth and shrink that value by at least half (probably more like 70-80 percent) and you'll get some idea of what Melo is likely going to end up getting the Knicks.

If you think New York is going to get some kind of significant haul for Melo, you're fooling yourself.

They can keep him. Not winning with or without him. Rockets would be wasting a year of CP3. Free agent after this season

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:38 PM
Those assets would also weaken the team if they were traded and it would make the Rockets trade players they don't. Knicks are going to make it hurt if the Rockets want Melo. If not they lose to the Warriors. They would still lose with Melo, but they ate trying to shed the Anderson contract to be players next season.
Then the Rockets won't make the deal. Morey isn't stupid. He knows the Rockets aren't probably beating the Warriors even with Melo. He needs Melo AND the deep core the team currently has, and if he can't have both, he's not going to sacrifice one for the other. Personally, I don't want Morey to deal Gordon for Melo. If that's the Knicks' hard line, I'd rather he walk away at this point and take his shot again next offseason when Anderson's contract will be much easier to move.

I'd like to know how you think the Rockets would get Melo without offering Ariza or Gordon, but with the restriction of not being able to include Anderson.
They would deal Anderson to another team, not to New York. The trade that I've now mentioned multiple times in this thread would involve Portland. And I've seen multiple reports from some sources suggesting that it was Meyers Leonard's contract that couldn't be moved to a fourth team, not Anderson's. Is that necessarily true? Who freakin' knows? Until a reliable source like Haynes or Woj says it, I don't trust anybody. But there was enough corroboration between multiple sources and enough evidence from Woj's reports regarding the deals that certainly made it seem like that was the case.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:42 PM
They can keep him. Not winning with or without him. Rockets would be wasting a year of CP3. Free agent after this season

Is it a waste? A team as deep as the Rockets currently are could add a couple of quality veterans on minimum deals, win 60 games and get to the conference finals. That's probably about as much as they could have expected with Melo on the roster, and that will be as far as Paul has ever gotten in the playoffs. Then they can re-sign Paul (who will inevitably love playing in Houston as every other player does), deal Ryno's contract a year from now when it's easier to move and STILL add a third superstar.

I'm not worried. With or without Melo, this offseason was a massive success. And barring some sort of complete meltdown this season, I think the Paul/Harden back court is going to be leading the Rockets for a long time.

WaDe03
07-13-2017, 11:43 PM
I think it fell through because the Knicks didn't want to take on Andersons contract.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:43 PM
I think it fell through because the Knicks didn't want to take on Andersons contract.
:laugh: Touche.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:45 PM
Rockets will cave. They opened a 1 year window.

They won't. Trust me on this one, chief. Daryl Morey is a great GM. The Knicks front office is... the Knicks front office. But if you're so confident, I'd be happy to do a sig bet with you. ;)

Gibby23
07-13-2017, 11:46 PM
Then the Rockets won't make the deal. Morey isn't stupid. He knows the Rockets aren't probably beating the Warriors even with Melo. He needs Melo AND the deep core the team currently has, and if he can't have both, he's not going to sacrifice one for the other. Personally, I don't want Morey to deal Gordon for Melo. If that's the Knicks' hard line, I'd rather he walk away at this point and take his shot again next offseason when Anderson's contract will be much easier to move.

They would deal Anderson to another team, not to New York. The trade that I've now mentioned multiple times in this thread would involve Portland. And I've seen multiple reports from some sources suggesting that it was Meyers Leonard's contract that couldn't be moved to a fourth team, not Anderson's. Is that necessarily true? Who freakin' knows? Until a reliable source like Haynes or Woj says it, I don't trust anybody. But there was enough corroboration between multiple sources and enough evidence from Woj's reports regarding the deals that certainly made it seem like that was the case.

Rockets will cave. They opened a 1 year window.

sharqstealth
07-13-2017, 11:47 PM

Then we can wait forever for Melo to opt out of his contract and we are going to have a ton of cap space. As for the Rockets who are you going to get after Melo to compete against the West's elites??? I think your fooling yourselves if you think CP and Harden is enough... And by the way CP3 could walk anytime after this season.

mightybosstone
07-13-2017, 11:53 PM
Then we can wait forever for Melo to opt out of his contract and we are going to have a ton of cap space. As for the Rockets who are you going to get after Melo to compete against the West's elites??? I think your fooling yourselves if you think CP and Harden is enough... And by the way CP3 could walk anytime after this season.

Have you literally not read anything I've posted? I never said it was enough. Hell, I don't think this Rockets team WITH Melo is enough. Aside from adding Lebron, there isn't a move the Rockets could make that would be enough to likely beat this Warriors team. So if that's the case, I'd rather Morey be smart with his assets and continue to build on what he has. He has Harden locked in long-term, and he likely has the inside track to do the same with Paul. Plus, he can move Anderson's contract far easier a year from now, and Gordon is absolutely movable.

Even if Morey has to "waste" a year of Paul, this Rockets team is good enough to get to the conference finals. And a year from now, he'll be in a position to add a third star player. Hell, he might even be able to do it at the trade deadline.

sharqstealth
07-13-2017, 11:54 PM
Is it a waste? A team as deep as the Rockets currently are could add a couple of quality veterans on minimum deals, win 60 games and get to the conference finals. That's probably about as much as they could have expected with Melo on the roster, and that will be as far as Paul has ever gotten in the playoffs. Then they can re-sign Paul (who will inevitably love playing in Houston as every other player does), deal Ryno's contract a year from now when it's easier to move and STILL add a third superstar.

I'm not worried. With or without Melo, this offseason was a massive success. And barring some sort of complete meltdown this season, I think the Paul/Harden back court is going to be leading the Rockets for a long time.

Yeah and the Rockets will get easily swept by the Warriors.:laugh: Heck I don't know if you'll even reach the conference finals with Spurs and OKC standing your way.

MrSplashMan
07-14-2017, 12:01 AM
It's not even about getting whatever we can for melo. Yeah we know Melos value isn't high. Of course the Knicks probably could've gotten something from the third or fourth team. Let's be real, if the Knicks don't get picks or a good young player theyre better off getting nothing for melo and just having cap space.

mightybosstone
07-14-2017, 12:02 AM
Yeah and the Rockets will get easily swept by the Warriors.:laugh: Heck I don't know if you'll even reach the conference finals with Spurs and OKC standing your way.
Yeah. They probably will. Like every other team in the West did last season. So what? I'd rather they get swept without making an idiotic deal they don't need to make than getting swept with Melo on the roster. :shrug:

Also, where does this irrational confidence from Knicks fans come from? Did you guys forget that you have one of the most inept owners and front offices in all of professional sports? Your team just got done signing probably the worst contract of the offseason a year removed from signing the worst contract of last offseason. In a year, you'll be staring at nearly $50 million going to Lee, Hardaway and Noah's corpse. You really think that "ton of cap space" is going to matter? I don't see a line forming to join a 30-win team with one borderline star, zero depth and an incompetent front office.

Enjoy the rest of your summer, friend. I certainly will regardless of where Melo ends up. :cool:

LOb0
07-14-2017, 12:05 AM
It's not even about getting whatever we can for melo. Yeah we know Melos value isn't high. Of course the Knicks probably could've gotten something from the third or fourth team. Let's be real, if the Knicks don't get picks or a good young player theyre better off getting nothing for melo and just having cap space.

If the Knicks got a last first rounder I'd be shocked. That would actually be a good deal.

cheetos185
07-14-2017, 12:10 AM
It just doesn't make sense to trade a allstar like melo for a bad contract. Melo loves NY wants to be with his son and the Rockets are not the right partners for Knicks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Gibby23
07-14-2017, 12:27 AM

Paul is fragile. The Rockets giving him 4 or 5 years at 25 to 30 million a year?

D-Leethal
07-14-2017, 04:57 AM
Rockets need to make a move or the banana boat will be calling CP's name. Don't think he will appreciate the Rox whiffing here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WaDe03
07-14-2017, 09:29 AM
The Knicks are wanting to see if Melo will expand his list of teams.

I will say CP3 was probably told the Rockets will get one of PG or Melo if he comes. He could leave if not. If they do get Melo, they probably both stay there.

Vinylman
07-14-2017, 11:36 AM
The Knicks are so inept

Its a planted story to try and get Houston to do more... the media are the definition of "useful idiots" when it comes to NBA free agency.

The deal is gonna get done... the pause is just a PR move to make it look like they did everything they could...

No chance melo is in NY on opening day

Vinylman
07-14-2017, 11:37 AM

the new GM is irrelevant ... steve mills is running things...

People are such dopes

eDush
07-14-2017, 11:58 AM

the new GM is irrelevant ... steve mills is running things...

People are such dopesIf so, why the new hire or so he can take the blame if it backfires like the fall guy?

Maybe he was making those calls instead of Phil too....

:flag:

Vinylman
07-14-2017, 12:01 PM
If so, why the new hire or so he can take the blame if it backfires like the fall guy?

Maybe he was making those calls instead of Phil too....

:flag:

because they are in different positions... get a basic understanding of how a FO organization works and then you might be able to post something intelligent...

your posts are as irrelevant as the GM hiring

mightybosstone
07-14-2017, 12:34 PM
The NY Daily News is reporting that the trade was a done deal, and all of a sudden the Knicks are having cold feet. Isola's article states that Melo isn't super stoked with New York and had been told that he was for sure being traded to Houston.

My guess is this "pause" will end up amounting to nothing and Melo will end up in Houston within the next week.

GiantsSwaGG
07-14-2017, 12:40 PM
The NY Daily News is reporting that the trade was a done deal, and all of a sudden the Knicks are having cold feet. Isola's article states that Melo isn't super stoked with New York and had been told that he was for sure being traded to Houston.

My guess is this "pause" will end up amounting to nothing and Melo will end up in Houston within the next week.

Frank Isola just stated the deal was at the "2 yard line", then next day said the Knicks should keep Melo to increase his trade value, now with the reports the Knicks might want to keep Melo, he's ripping them. Don't believe one word this guy says lol. He's pretty much covering his *** after being expose. If the deal was done, why isn't Melo is Houston? lol Knicks don't want Melo, but they're smart holding off and forcing the Rockets hand. The Rockets have a lot more to lose.

ewing
07-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Frank Isola just stated the deal was at the "2 yard line", then next day said the Knicks should keep Melo to increase his trade value, now with the reports the Knicks might want to keep Melo, he's ripping them. Don't believe one word this guy says lol. He's pretty much covering his *** after being expose. If the deal was done, why isn't Melo is Houston? lol Knicks don't want Melo, but they're smart holding off and forcing the Rockets hand. The Rockets have a lot more to lose.

Isola will say anything, the knicks are erratic, ny media in general has pently of reason to hate knick brass. you basically can't believe anything.

KnicksorBust
07-14-2017, 01:10 PM
I think what Rockets fans don't seem to understand is Melo's trade value can't really get worse. He is still an all-star on a short deal. 2 years is nothing. We could just let him expire. I haven't even heard of any concrete value the Knicks are getting back? Is it a really bad first round pick in 2-3 years? Maybe we can do better and compete for a playoff spot in the mean time. I mean have you seen that hoodie wearing superstar? He is gonna be lean and mean this year.