PDA

View Full Version : Piston renounce Caldwell-Pope

ewing
07-07-2017, 03:49 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/246806/Pistons-Renounce-Kentavious-Caldwell-Pope

Always liked him. Where does he go? What type of deal does he get? Why did the Piston renounce? Discuss

eDush
07-07-2017, 03:53 PM
http://basketball.******.com/wiretap/246806/Pistons-Renounce-Kentavious-Caldwell-Pope

Always liked him. Where does he go? What type of deal does he get? Why did the Piston renounce? DiscussStan the man don't like him...been in his dog house too often. Pick up an major upgrade in Bradley :nod:

ball4reel
07-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Nets max him out

5ass
07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
Stan the man don't like him...been in his dog house too often. Pick up an major upgrade in Bradley :nod:

SVG always liked him. KCP led the team in minutes each of the last two season. Its just that he cant afford to pay him with the big contracts they already have.

WaDe03
07-07-2017, 04:11 PM
To the Nets he goes.

hugepatsfan
07-07-2017, 04:13 PM
I honestly don't think there's a team in worse position in the whole NBA than DET.

WaDe03
07-07-2017, 04:14 PM
I honestly don't think there's a team in worse position in the whole NBA than DET.

What makes you say this?

hugepatsfan
07-07-2017, 04:23 PM
What makes you say this?

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/detroit-pistons/yearly/cap/

Their salary sheet is just gross. Imagine paying $30M a year at your PG spot and having Reggie Jackson/Langston Galloway/Ish Smith to show for it. Josh Smith counting $5.3M each of the next 3 years. ****ign Boban making $7M/year. Leur at $10M/year.

I just don't feel that team is in a good spot to get better at all. I don't like Drummond a s franchise guy at all either so it's not like they have a building block. I just think it's a trash situation. It'll take them 2-3 years to even get to a spot where they can start to really advance towards competing. Their roster is like a toilet clogged with ****.

5ass
07-07-2017, 04:27 PM

Their salary sheet is just gross. Imagine paying $30M a year at your PG spot and having Reggie Jackson/Langston Galloway/Ish Smith to show for it. Josh Smith counting $5.3M each of the next 3 years. ****ign Boban making $7M/year. Leur at $10M/year.

I just don't feel that team is in a good spot to get better at all. I don't like Drummond a s franchise guy at all either so it's not like they have a building block. I just think it's a trash situation. It'll take them 2-3 years to even get to a spot where they can start to really advance towards competing. Their roster is like a toilet clogged with ****.

Agreed.

WaDe03
07-07-2017, 04:48 PM

Goodness lol. Had no clue it was that bad. Wonder if they still want to trade Jackson and Drummond.

Scoots
07-07-2017, 04:53 PM
He would be a good fit for the Clippers who can use flexible wings. Move Rivers back to backup PG and have SG mix of KCP and Lou Williams.

KCP's offense hasn't developed as much as hoped, but two way players are hard to find.

DanG
07-07-2017, 04:54 PM
Come to the Lakeshow

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account @wojespn 4h4 hours ago

Sources: If Caldwell-Pope's willing to do a one-year balloon deal, the Los Angeles Lakers have significant interest in pursuing him.

LionsFan..LOL
07-07-2017, 06:01 PM

And that's the dumpster fire they are trying to sell fans to go see. At least they are moving back into Detroit so the novelty of the new stadium will buy them a few months. We'll see how attendance goes when they start floundering again.

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-08-2017, 04:35 PM
Oddly to say but seems Drummond started to decline after Monroe left the Pistons.

eDush
07-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Oddly to say but seems Drummond started to decline after Monroe left the Pistons.Quite astute you are as a fan as I noticed the same. Monroe cover up a major weakness in Drummond's game that SVG can't see. It's all about fit over individual talent in this game :nod:

basch152
07-08-2017, 09:14 PM
Oddly to say but seems Drummond started to decline after Monroe left the Pistons.

Wut?

He became more efficient, more ppg, more rebounds, better team defense with him on the court, where the **** are you getting this?

And Drummond has not improved anywhere near as much as he needs to have, but to say he's worse since losing Monroe is absolutely ridiculous.

JWO35
07-08-2017, 10:35 PM
Completely disagree...the team as a whole improved once Monroe left, hell Drummond even made the ASG :shrug:

LA4life24/8
07-08-2017, 10:47 PM
Kcp would look good in purple and gold

basch152
07-08-2017, 11:34 PM
Kcp is an elite defender, and from I've seen he seems to be the best specifically at guarding curry. It's why gs always struggles against Detroit.

Honestly if Cleveland wants to win getting kcp should be a priority.

Scoots
07-09-2017, 12:27 PM
Kcp is an elite defender, and from I've seen he seems to be the best specifically at guarding curry. It's why gs always struggles against Detroit.

Honestly if Cleveland wants to win getting kcp should be a priority.

I agree, but don't see any way the Cavs can get him.