View Full Version : Who is better? Short and skilled vs tall and skilled

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Curry vs Durant?
Harden vs Kawhi?
Westbrook vs George?
CP3 vs Butler?
Wall vs Giannis?

Who would you rather have for one season?

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2017, 04:45 PM
Kawhi
George
Butler
Giannis

DanG
07-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Kawhi unless D'Antoni is my coach.
Westbrook just because he's a better all-around player
CP3, better player, better leader. Both 2nd options on a championship team though.
Giannis, not even close.

mngopher35
07-05-2017, 04:46 PM
Kawhi
Westy
Hmmm one year I guess cp3 still
Gianniss

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 04:47 PM
Kawhi unless D'Antoni is my coach.
Westbrook just because he's a better all-around player
CP3, better player, better leader. Both 2nd options on a championship team though.
Giannis, not even close.

Would you have taken Giannis over CP3?

TrueFan420
07-05-2017, 04:48 PM
How is harden short? dude is 6'6

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 04:55 PM
Kawhi
Westy
Hmmm one year I guess cp3 still
Gianniss

I feel like Lillard is the small dick in the group. Should it be Giannis vs Wall?

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 04:55 PM
How is harden short? dude is 6'6

Dont nitpick. You get the idea. Skilled guard or skilled forward. I want to see what lengths people would pick the bigger player. IT was clearly better than Hayward imo last season but I would rather have Hayward next year.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Harden vs Kawhi?
Westbrook vs George?
CP3 vs Butler?
Lillard vs Giannis?

Who would you rather have for one season?

Sort of a weird thread premise (short v tall), as they are not equally skilled (certainly not on both sides of the ball). Different positions as well.

What if we re-do the players?

Curry or John Wall? Curry

Brad Beal or Nic Batum? Brad Beal

Kawhi Leonard or Paul George? Kawhi Leonard

Draymond Green or Lamarcus Aldridge? Draymond Green

Karl Towns or Deandre Jordan? Karl Towns

tredigs
07-05-2017, 04:59 PM
Dont nitpick. You get the idea. Skilled guard or skilled forward. I want to see what lengths people would pick the bigger player. IT was clearly better than Hayward imo last season but I would rather have Hayward next year.

Starting to see more what you're going for here. It is much less about the height and much more about their ability. Curry and Draymond are the prime examples, but there are plenty out there.

mngopher35
07-05-2017, 05:02 PM
I feel like Lillard is the small dick in the group. Should it be Giannis vs Wall?

I feel like that's the same issue haha, there is a bit of a drop to that Lilliard/Kyrie/Wall/Lowry group.

Giannis is probably pretty close to Butler/PG or so with how quick he has improved and still growing but after Westy/Harden/CP3 there isn't that same type of guy really off the top of my head. Make it just for the finals and do Kyrie lol.

mngopher35
07-05-2017, 05:03 PM
You could add Curry vs Durant too

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 05:06 PM
You could add Curry vs Durant too

Done. Surprised dick doesn't get censored.

IKnowHoops
07-05-2017, 09:18 PM
The only tough one is Curry vs Durant. I love both players. Curry is a little scarier at his peak, but Durant is just a perfect player no matter where he is on the court. I might just flip a coin.

eDush
07-05-2017, 09:32 PM
The only tough one is Curry vs Durant. I love both players. Curry is a little scarier at his peak, but Durant is just a perfect player no matter where he is on the court. I might just flip a coin.That's the easiest one for me...
Steph all day long!!!
:clap::cheer::clap:

MrfadeawayJB
07-06-2017, 10:17 AM
Look at history. How many championship teams clear cut best player is the shortest player? You need your best player at least 6'4, this is the nba. Iverson, Paul, and many others are great but were not good enough to win it all. That's why i think paul now being the beta to james harden is the best thing he could do on his quest for a ring

IndyRealist
07-06-2017, 12:28 PM

I wouldn't say clearly better. IT was the better scorer, but the difference in eFG% is only 1% (IT gets to the line 50% more). Hayward is a low mistake player, and a much better defender by virtue of not being Isaiah Thomas.

KnicksorBust
07-06-2017, 12:56 PM

I wouldn't say clearly better. IT was the better scorer, but the difference in eFG% is only 1% (IT gets to the line 50% more). Hayward is a low mistake player, and a much better defender by virtue of not being Isaiah Thomas.

#1) Why use eFG% instead of TS%? Aren't free throws important? They get the other team in foul trouble and are incredibly efficient. IT's true shooting percentage was 62.5% and Hayward was 59.5%.

#2) Why ignore volume? Thomas averaged about 29ppg to Hayward's 22ppg. To be more efficient on a significantly higher number of points is a huge part of the comparison.

KnicksorBust
07-06-2017, 12:58 PM
Look at history. How many championship teams clear cut best player is the shortest player? You need your best player at least 6'4, this is the nba. Iverson, Paul, and many others are great but were not good enough to win it all. That's why i think paul now being the beta to james harden is the best thing he could do on his quest for a ring

Curry has been the leader of the best team in the NBA the last 3 years.

FOXHOUND
07-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Durant
Kawhi
George
Butler
Giannis

I saw what I needed to see in the Finals to end the Durant vs Curry debate, for me. While I do believe that Curry is an even better offensive player than Durant, the enormous difference in impact on defense and Durant's consistency on offense vs Curry's tendency to have those games like game 4 tips the scale comfortably in his favor.

Westbrook is clearly better than George, but it's more about his mentality/style of play than anything to do with his size. If I'm building a team for a championship I'm not sure how I successfully do it with Westbrook. If Westbrook chills out this year a bit and decides to focus on making the kind of defensive impact he is capable of then I would change my vote.

I've seen Paul in a position to succeed and he's fallen short too many times for me to believe in him as a lead player. If I already need a Durant/Kawhi type player to win with him, then why do I need him? I'd much rather have Butler with a player like that because of his value as a defender.

The others were easy choices, for me.

IndyRealist
07-06-2017, 01:26 PM
#1) Why use eFG% instead of TS%? Aren't free throws important? They get the other team in foul trouble and are incredibly efficient. IT's true shooting percentage was 62.5% and Hayward was 59.5%.

#2) Why ignore volume? Thomas averaged about 29ppg to Hayward's 22ppg. To be more efficient on a significantly higher number of points is a huge part of the comparison.

I literally noted that IT kills him at the line. But the difference in their scoring ability is not as great as it is made out to be. And Hayward does a LOT more better than IT does. It's simply not clear cut which is better.