HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 02:22 PM
Discuss.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-05-2017, 02:23 PM
Another coward.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Much better acquisition for them than J Crawford (who was also rumored), but it's tough to imagine him seeing many minutes with McCaw emerging and Iguodala retained. The Warriors seem to be ditching the center position as well :laugh:. Or they are just really high on Jordan Bell.

The_Franchise13
07-05-2017, 02:26 PM
Curry/Livingston/McCaw*
Klay/Young/McCaw*
KD/AI/Young
Dray/West/Bell*/Casspi
??? / Jones/ Bell*

Is so incredibly deep for a team that has so much top end talent. Ridiculous really. So many variations they can run.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2017, 02:26 PM
not a Young fan, but he can probably be controlled with the Warriors

mngopher35
07-05-2017, 02:28 PM
#Championship

tredigs
07-05-2017, 02:29 PM
Curry/Livingston/McCaw*
Klay/Young/McCaw*
KD/AI/Young
Dray/West/Bell*/Casspi
??? / Jones/ Bell*

Is so incredibly deep for a team that has so much top end talent. Ridiculous really. So many variations they can run.

Curry / Livingston
Klay / McCaw / Young
KD / Iguodala / McCaw / Casspi
Draymond / West / Bell / Casspi
? / Draymond / Bell / Jones

They might start Bell though.

JLynn943
07-05-2017, 02:30 PM
Meh. I guess spend the money if you've got it, but barring injury he's not that big of a factor imo. Better shot than Iggy if he would have had to step in at SG I guess.

The_Franchise13
07-05-2017, 02:32 PM
Wonder if we'll see variations of lineups with Klay at the 4?

Curry/Livingston/Young/Klay/KD?

Or the opposite and go super long with defense:

KD
Klay
AI
Bell
Dray

Take out bell and put Livingston, and slide everyone down a slot. Lineup switches on everything with ease.

DanG
07-05-2017, 02:42 PM
Decent pickup, hated him on the Lakers, but he'll fit in with the Warriors.

The_Franchise13
07-05-2017, 02:44 PM
https://twitter.com/KDTrey5/status/882663756978831360

tredigs
07-05-2017, 02:48 PM
Hopefully him and Draymond don't hit the club too much during the season.

The_Franchise13
07-05-2017, 02:49 PM
https://youtu.be/rJKxdjEMBzE

Just add klay :cool:

ewing
07-05-2017, 02:53 PM
Finally someone I like on the Warriors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2017, 02:58 PM
:laugh2: they just got the curse of Swaggy P, now they won't win the title.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Wonder if we'll see variations of lineups with Klay at the 4?

Curry/Livingston/Young/Klay/KD?

Or the opposite and go super long with defense:

KD
Klay
AI
Bell
Dray

Take out bell and put Livingston, and slide everyone down a slot. Lineup switches on everything with ease.

Klay at the 4 no, but we could see Curry - Young - Klay - KD - Draymond. I don't really know how that team could be stopped on offense and it's still good defensively.

mnatiq
07-05-2017, 03:17 PM
Curry/Livingston/McCaw*
Klay/Young/McCaw*
KD/AI/Young
Dray/West/Bell*/Casspi
??? / Jones/ Bell*

Trade for Jonas V but probably cant cuz of his contract.

SteBO
07-05-2017, 03:37 PM
Actually like this signing for the Warriors. He's the mercurial x-factor type off your bench that could potentially win you some games (playoffs included) by shooting the lights out.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 03:38 PM
Curry / Livingston
Klay / McCaw / Young

West plays the 5, and Looney likely does too.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Zaza is in if they want him and McGee still wants to come back, but is visiting other places.

Chewbacca
07-05-2017, 03:42 PM
Nick Young gets a lot of hate on this site but man he single handily won some games for the Lakers these past years(which pissed me off because we needed to tank). He's a great three point shooter and I feel like he will only shoot better with all the open 3's he'll get with Curry, Klay, and KD on the floor.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 03:42 PM
West plays the 5, and Looney likely does too.

Yeah, West maybe 10-15 minutes combined in a week of games. But Draymond and Bell should eat the majority of the center minutes outside of Pachulia's 15 (unless they don't resign him). Looney I don't see in the rotation. More likely in Santa Cruz.

Bowman53
07-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Curry / Livingston
Klay / McCaw / Young

Nick Young is going to take McCaw's spot in the rotation. The Warriors didn't pay him 5 million to be third string.

KB24PG16
07-05-2017, 04:35 PM

tredigs
07-05-2017, 04:36 PM
Nick Young is going to take McCaw's spot in the rotation. The Warriors didn't pay him 5 million to be third string.

Not if McCaw is better. And McCaw will likely be better. Very good defender and showing a lot of growth offensively.

TrueFan420
07-05-2017, 04:46 PM

Unlikely. McCaw has a future with the team. Nick Young is most likely a 1 and done player chasing a ring. Yea hes a good scorer but hes inconsistent and brings little else to the table. McCaw is a very good defender, passer and has an ok shot. Hes young and improving to.

Bowman53
07-05-2017, 04:52 PM
Not if McCaw is better. And McCaw will likely be better. Very good defender and showing a lot of growth offensively.

McCaw isn't going shoot 40 percent from 3 like Young. If anything he passes up too many wide open looks because he's terrified to shoot and you need another shooter to complement Livingston and iguodala off the bench like Clark who Young is replacing.

Bowman53
07-05-2017, 04:56 PM
Unlikely. McCaw has a future with the team. Nick Young is most likely a 1 and done player chasing a ring. Yea hes a good scorer but hes inconsistent and brings little else to the table. McCaw is a very good defender, passer and has an ok shot. Hes young and improving to.

Not likely. Restricted Free agent after the season and the Warriors won't overpay to keep him.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 04:57 PM
Does this clinch the repeat?

SenileStern
07-05-2017, 05:16 PM
That's more than I thought GSW would be willing to pay him.

mightybosstone
07-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I hate this signing for Young. He could still be a 20+ minutes per game guy on a playoff team, but he went to a place with a stacked back court where he'll struggle to get 10-15 minutes a night. For the Warriors, obviously this is a win, but at what point to they realize "Oh yeah, we probably need to go get a center?" They just keep adding wings and shooters, but their two key bigs from last season not named Draymond Green remained unsigned.

tredigs
07-05-2017, 05:26 PM
I hate this signing for Young. He could still be a 20+ minutes per game guy on a playoff team, but he went to a place with a stacked back court where he'll struggle to get 10-15 minutes a night. For the Warriors, obviously this is a win, but at what point to they realize "Oh yeah, we probably need to go get a center?" They just keep adding wings and shooters, but their two key bigs from last season not named Draymond Green remained unsigned.
They have Bell now (who I think they plan on playing 15 mpg) and will likely still pick up at least Zaza. I mean you're talking about a team who played these guys less than half the game combined in the playoffs and almost never in crunch time. In the Finals they averaged the 9th and 11th most minutes on the team respectively. They have Draymond and West and Bell and Jones (and Looney) as is to eat up center minutes. They'll be fine there.

As for Young, he has a chance to get some burn on one of the best and most famous teams in history. I think to many that trumps 20 mpg as a backup on playoff fodder.

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:26 PM
not a Young fan, but he can probably be controlled with the Warriors

Agree with this, hopefully he buys in.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 05:31 PM

:laugh: I am dying. Yeah I am sure they are worried they haven't resigned Zaza yet. Seriously I can't breathe

Hopper15
07-05-2017, 05:32 PM
https://twitter.com/bzcohen/status/882661045378134020

Young really had a solid season under Walton.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 06:19 PM
Nick Young gets a lot of hate on this site but man he single handily won some games for the Lakers these past years(which pissed me off because we needed to tank). He's a great three point shooter and I feel like he will only shoot better with all the open 3's he'll get with Curry, Klay, and KD on the floor.

The Warriors make it fairly simple on him. If he's chucking and missing he won't play anymore that game. If he's hitting he'll go until he wants to come out as long as he's playing defense and moving the ball in the offense.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 06:23 PM
Yeah, West maybe 10-15 minutes combined in a week of games. But Draymond and Bell should eat the majority of the center minutes outside of Pachulia's 15 (unless they don't resign him). Looney I don't see in the rotation. More likely in Santa Cruz.

He averaged better than 12 minutes a game, played 68 games and all of those minutes were at center. The average week in the NBA season is 4 games. That's around 48 minutes a week. Why do you think his minutes will drop so much?

Looney has to either play with the NBA club or they have to send him packing. If he's healthy he'll get McAdoo minutes until he proves he's not up to it.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 06:25 PM

No, he's going to take Ian Clark's spot in the rotation

Scoots
07-05-2017, 06:30 PM
Not likely. Restricted Free agent after the season and the Warriors won't overpay to keep him.

They have the Arenas rule and they will pay good money to keep him unless it's really crazy money.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 06:31 PM

Zaza agreed to come back for the minimum. So they can do him last.

Green, West, Bell, and Jones are on the roster and will play center.

4North
07-05-2017, 06:34 PM
Meh, would've rather spent that money on an athletic big. He's decent enough I guess. I don't think he'll play much if at all as the season wears on as I expect McCaw to take a major step towards being a future star himself some day. McCaw has Draymond Green's motor and Klay Thompson's humble demeanor. What a perfect combo.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2017, 06:37 PM
I think the Warriors should be pretty good next year.

NYKnickFanatic
07-05-2017, 06:57 PM
I hope the Knicks sign McGee.

Sssmush
07-05-2017, 07:32 PM
LoL now the Lakers are in the Dion Waiters sweepstakes, even though his numbers last season are almost identical to D'Angelo Russell and he'll be more expensive and very unlikely he chooses the Lakers in any case.

The Lakers traded Lou Williams, who was on a VERY good 3 year contract, essentially for this guy Kuzma who I don't know maybe he gets four rebounds in summer league or something so we can get excited. Traded Russell for air + a Lopez rental. Swaggy walks.

Swaggy signed with GSW for precisely the reason the Lakers now claim everyone will sign with them: a winning culture, a strong championship NBA basketball culture from the top down.

boom congratulations GSW you will love Swaggy he is a really nice player. The media hate on him was partly generated by angry sidelined Kobe who probably didn't like the cockiness and higher shooting percentages, and outsider Magic, who was criticizing anyone and everything about the Lakers in an effort to bring down Jim Buss and Kupchak.

If Swaggy's defense keeps improving like last year, he might turn out to be one of the very best 3 and D guys in the entire NBA. His shooting is for real legit. Rich get richer

Hopper15
07-05-2017, 07:57 PM
They have the Arenas rule and they will pay good money to keep him unless it's really crazy money.

It's not that simple considering the Warriors will be paying a lot of luxury tax for the foreseeable future. KD needs a new deal next summer and Klay will need one the following summer.

In all likelihood this will be McCaw's final season as a Warrior.

cmellofan15
07-05-2017, 08:04 PM
At this point the warriors are just signing guys they wanna hang out with lmao

jphysics
07-05-2017, 08:32 PM
Swaggy P is so bad at winning, but now hes going to get a free championship. The injustice!

That said I don't really mind it. He's kind of the guard version of Speights.

LA_Raiders
07-05-2017, 08:42 PM
They need a couple of bigs.

BKLYNpigeon
07-05-2017, 08:54 PM
It's not that simple considering the Warriors will be paying a lot of luxury tax for the foreseeable future. KD needs a new deal next summer and Klay will need one the following summer.

I think a lot of people are overvaluing Macaw. He's a nice player, but worth nothing more then 6mil a year. He's also a Restricted FA next year.

likemystylez
07-05-2017, 09:06 PM
That's more than I thought GSW would be willing to pay him.

I agree- I think the midlevel should have been used on a big who could start. It seems like a bit much to spend on a 3rd string player who bring nothing to the club that they dont already have. I would have been fine with a vets minimum contract for him.

To be clear- im not saying this because of what I think about Nick Young, I just didnt think he should have been that high on the priority list

likemystylez
07-05-2017, 09:07 PM
Swaggy P is so bad at winning, but now hes going to get a free championship. The injustice!

That said I don't really mind it. He's kind of the guard version of Speights.

kinda think he is the guard version of mcgee

BKLYNpigeon
07-05-2017, 09:32 PM
I agree- I think the midlevel should have been used on a big who could start. It seems like a bit much to spend on a 3rd string player who bring nothing to the club that they dont already have. I would have been fine with a vets minimum contract for him.

To be clear- im not saying this because of what I think about Nick Young, I just didnt think he should have been that high on the priority list

Theres actually no Centers available at the mid level you can get. The position is pretty slim this year. I think the Warriors are content with minimum of Zaza or Macgee.

likemystylez
07-05-2017, 09:39 PM
Theres actually no Centers available at the mid level you can get. The position is pretty slim this year. I think the Warriors are content with minimum of Zaza or Macgee.

was hoping the warriors could get guys for cheaper than average team- yknow ring chasers

Scoots
07-05-2017, 10:33 PM
If Swaggy's defense keeps improving like last year, he might turn out to be one of the very best 3 and D guys in the entire NBA.

Uh ... no. But he could be very helpful in fixing the offensive lulls they suffered with last year without Barbosa.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 10:35 PM

The amount another team can offer him is limited by the Arenas rule, and he'll be a bargain at the price they can get him for and they want him around when Livingston and Iguodala are gone.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 10:51 PM
Zaza probably and

West, Jones, Bell, Looney, Green, and Durant (played more minutes at 4 than 3 last year) ... that's 7 "bigs" out of 15 players on the roster.

Iguodala, Casspi, McCaw, Thompson, Livingston, Curry, and now Young ... That's 7 wings/smalls.

They have Boucher on a 2-way contract.

So, they have one roster spot for a young shooter/PG/wing defender to develop or veteran big just in case, and one 2-way contract for the best player who will say yes.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Dedmon is still out there

TrueFan420
07-05-2017, 10:57 PM
Dedmon is still out there

Eh I think we'll be fine with Zaza or McGee returning

Scoots
07-06-2017, 12:49 AM
Eh I think we'll be fine with Zaza or McGee returning

I agree ... and as much as I hate to say it ... Zaza is probably more of a positive overall than McGee is.

TrueFan420
07-06-2017, 01:40 AM
I agree ... and as much as I hate to say it ... Zaza is probably more of a positive overall than McGee is.

I'd agree. McGee does get the crowd going tho.

mightybosstone
07-06-2017, 08:17 AM
:laugh: I am dying. Yeah I am sure they are worried they haven't resigned Zaza yet. Seriously I can't breathe

Yeah, all right, I get the sarcasm. But if the Warriors had any real "weakness" last season, it was probably the center position as it was the one spot they didn't have ane elite player starting. Green only started 18 percent of their minutes at center. And of the three guys who platooned to get the majority of the minutes, West was arguably the least effective. I just think they shouldn't overlook re-signing the two guys who played nearly half their minutes at center just to acquire a luxury like more shooters that they don't reallt need.

KnicksorBust
07-06-2017, 09:10 AM

Yeah, all right, I get the sarcasm. But if the Warriors had any real "weakness" last season, it was probably the center position as it was the one spot they didn't have ane elite player starting. Green only started 18 percent of their minutes at center. And of the three guys who platooned to get the majority of the minutes, West was arguably the least effective. I just think they shouldn't overlook re-signing the two guys who played nearly half their minutes at center just to acquire a luxury like more shooters that they don't reallt need.

That I agree with. Maybe they like what they got. Considering where the Warriors picked Bell if he can come right in and start that is pretty absurd.

Scoots
07-06-2017, 10:21 AM

Zaza was the best at setting screens, boxing out rebounders, and position defense on bigs. West was the best on offense by a big margin, and was functional on D. McGee was really only good on late help shot blocking and dunking in very short minutes.

Jones and Bell are being added this year which people seem to forget.

BKLYNpigeon
07-06-2017, 10:31 AM
Zaza was the best at setting screens, boxing out rebounders, and position defense on bigs. West was the best on offense by a big margin, and was functional on D. McGee was really only good on late help shot blocking and dunking in very short minutes.

Jones and Bell are being added this year which people seem to forget.

I think one of the Warriors young bigs can replicate what McGee brought. Warriors will probably sign Zaza.

jeb4056
07-06-2017, 11:55 AM
Not sure about Bell playing too much at Center, (other than small ball line-up) he measured 6'7 at the combine.

COOLbeans
07-06-2017, 01:45 PM
Not sure about Bell playing too much at Center, (other than small ball line-up) he measured 6'7 at the combine.

wow didnt know that. He plays big though, he seemed pretty dominant at time in the fast break and in rebound position for putbacks. Plays like hes 6'10

tredigs
07-06-2017, 02:25 PM
I mean Draymond is 6'5" and he's a top 3 rim protector in the league. Strength/athleticism/wingspan and generally bbiq is more important. He's an excellent post defender with a 7 foot wing span. He could play center, definitely alongside Draymond.

eDush
07-06-2017, 02:45 PM

That I agree with. Maybe they like what they got. Considering where the Warriors picked Bell if he can come right in and start that is pretty absurd.Zubac will be an elite C and most everyone knows this is coming but I need to see more of Bell :nod:

mike_noodles
07-06-2017, 03:06 PM
Holy crap, this is just ridiculous.

Lloyd Christmas
07-06-2017, 03:50 PM
If they can either bring Zana or McGee back then they are solid. As of now I'm not liking their options at C.

eDush
07-06-2017, 06:14 PM
If they can either bring Zana or McGee back then they are solid. As of now I'm not liking their options at C.I think I rather have Zana over McGee cause he's so good with his feet.
:hide:

Scoots
07-07-2017, 01:59 AM
Warriors talking to Willie Reed as yet ANOTHER C option.

Kerr really likes to have a lot of extra options at C.

SteBO
07-07-2017, 07:05 AM
Warriors talking to Willie Reed as yet ANOTHER C option.

Kerr really likes to have a lot of extra options at C.
He gave us a lot of quality minutes last year......if you guys happen to sign him, you won't regret it. He hustles and hits the boards hard.

Scoots
07-07-2017, 10:25 AM
He gave us a lot of quality minutes last year......if you guys happen to sign him, you won't regret it. He hustles and hits the boards hard.

I know which makes me wonder why he'd accept a vet min deal.

TrueFan420
07-07-2017, 06:10 PM
I know which makes me wonder why he'd accept a vet min deal.
Championships talk

Scoots
07-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Championships talk

Yeah, but it's not like he has made a lot of money thus far.

nastynice
07-07-2017, 10:53 PM
Swaggy P!! Haha, no doubt!

COOLbeans
07-08-2017, 02:40 PM
Mark jackson said it right, 'im not calling another man swaggy'