PDA

View Full Version : Is LeBron done winning championships?

LOb0
07-05-2017, 02:36 AM
Gotta say, its not looking good. Will Bron finish with 3? What does this mean for his legacy?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 02:42 AM
No.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-05-2017, 02:50 AM
Yes. It doesn't do anything. He already has multiple ones, including winning with the best story line possible coming back 3-1 to win it for his hometown.

If you don't expect him to win anymore, well what you gonna do? And really, at this point, since no one expects him to win against the Warriors, that takes the pressure off of him.

metswon69
07-05-2017, 03:12 AM
He's going to get 2 or 3 more bites at the apple in all likelihood because no one is good enough to beat the Cavs yet out of the East (barring significant injury). I mean anything is possible. KD or Steph could go down to significant injury and the Cavs play the Spurs or Rockets in the finals and win.

My head says he won't win another but it wouldn't be crazy if he did.

Bostonjorge
07-05-2017, 03:41 AM
As long as Durant is averaging 35 points a game with historic, legendary, god like efficiency for the finals then yea James is done winning championships.

More-Than-Most
07-05-2017, 05:37 AM
As long as Durant is averaging 35 points a game with historic, legendary, god like efficiency for the finals then yea James is done winning championships.

not hard to do when you can sleep on the bench and come in and pick apart dead bodies after curry/green/klay/iggy run the cavs up and down the floor all game

mikekhelxD
07-05-2017, 05:50 AM

not hard to do when you can sleep on the bench and come in and pick apart dead bodies after curry/green/klay/iggy run the cavs up and down the floor all game

Kinda makes sense for KD to take a paycut this year then righhht?

More-Than-Most
07-05-2017, 06:43 AM
Kinda makes sense for KD to take a paycut this year then righhht?

without question... He is doing the smartest **** in the world because in 3 years when he is a 4 time champion only hardcore fans who understand the sport will put him where he belongs while others will argue him on a Jordan/Lebron level... I cant wait until people start putting him above kobe because all of these laker fans that are praising him because of their hate for lebron will be destroying KD in about 3 seasons using exactly all of this as reasoning to why a guy like kobe is better than KD.

KnickNyKnick
07-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Don't think so. LBJ will orchestrate ways to win finals for years to come. Top NBA players will always want to play with him.

Vinylman
07-05-2017, 08:56 AM
Don't think so. LBJ will orchestrate ways to win finals for years to come. Top NBA players will always want to play with him.

just imagine if he went around as a hired gun for the minimum when he is like 36-40

lakerfan85
07-05-2017, 09:08 AM
without question... He is doing the smartest **** in the world because in 3 years when he is a 4 time champion only hardcore fans who understand the sport will put him where he belongs while others will argue him on a Jordan/Lebron level... I cant wait until people start putting him above kobe because all of these laker fans that are praising him because of their hate for lebron will be destroying KD in about 3 seasons using exactly all of this as reasoning to why a guy like kobe is better than KD.

I'm not praising KD.. I wanted Lebron to win.. In my opinion KD will never be above Kobe..

L8kers4life
07-05-2017, 09:43 AM

Man your annoying, your life is run by what you think Laker fans think. Laker fans can care less about KD or LeBrons legacy. You bring up laker fans and Kobe every chance you get.

LeBron is better than Kobe, you seem to think no fan can believe this if they like the Lakers, just shut up already.

You are probably the worst poster on this forum, every chance you get, you make some point about Durant going to the strongest team ever, LeBron doesn't have enough help, or something about the Lakers and how they messed up in the draft or Laker fans defending Durant. Dude just get over it, if I never read another one of your posts I will be very happy, your agenda is freaking annoying.

Sly Guy
07-05-2017, 10:29 AM
is he done winning ships? maybe. Does it matter for his legacy? no.

jason
07-05-2017, 10:31 AM
Yes

jaydubb
07-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Lbj will go and join some other super team like he always does. I think he will have a very good chance for his last hurrah within a year or two

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

FOXHOUND
07-05-2017, 10:52 AM
Maybe.

SteBO
07-05-2017, 11:18 AM
As long as these Warriors still exist....Cavs will be smooth sailing through the East again, but the Warriors have a stranglehold on the league.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2017, 11:23 AM
probably so

Jewelz0376
07-05-2017, 11:32 AM
Man your annoying, your life is run by what you think Laker fans think. Laker fans can care less about KD or LeBrons legacy. You bring up laker fans and Kobe every chance you get.

LeBron is better than Kobe, you seem to think no fan can believe this if they like the Lakers, just shut up already.

You are probably the worst poster on this forum, every chance you get, you make some point about Durant going to the strongest team ever, LeBron doesn't have enough help, or something about the Lakers and how they messed up in the draft or Laker fans defending Durant. Dude just get over it, if I never read another one of your posts I will be very happy, your agenda is freaking annoying.

This

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 12:23 PM
I think he is done. Not bc he can't still do it just because of the well-documented and discussed ad nauseam nba hack that is the GSW. I actually think the Raptors and Celtics can push them in the East this year too. I also saw someone said it won't matter for his legacy. DISAGREE completely. LeBron had a good chance at #2 and a small chance at #1 all-time. That window will close if he doesn't win another and his loser tag, which doesn't stink as bad bc of the Cavs win, will still be there to some degree holding him down.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-05-2017, 12:28 PM
I think he is done. Not bc he can't still do it just because of the well-documented and discussed ad nauseam nba hack that is the GSW. I actually think the Raptors and Celtics can push them in the East this year too. I also saw someone said it won't matter for his legacy. DISAGREE completely. LeBron had a good chance at #2 and a small chance at #1 all-time. That window will close if he doesn't win another and his loser tag, which doesn't stink as bad bc of the Cavs win, will still be there to some degree holding him down.

He's already #2. What's there to hold back? He can win 10 titles and he probably won't pass Jordan, whose aura is basically above Jesus at this point, in most people's eyes.

WaDe03
07-05-2017, 12:40 PM

Why Toronto? If anything, they've got worse imo and they were swept pretty easily last year.

The Celtics will have to make some more moves to seriously push them.

As for the question, I think he'll win again. I'm sure he has something up his sleeve this coming summer.

SfgiantsJD3
07-05-2017, 01:24 PM
The most surprising thing is the lack of moves so far from Cleveland to improve for next year. Its like we won't sign anyone unless LeBron locks up long term and LeBron won't lock up yet he wants to stay.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 01:34 PM

He's already #2. What's there to hold back? He can win 10 titles and he probably won't pass Jordan, whose aura is basically above Jesus at this point, in most people's eyes.

Completely disagree. He won 3 and people call him the GOAT. If he won 7 more titles people would build him shrines.

mngopher35
07-05-2017, 01:36 PM
I think he is done winning due to this GS team. His legacy will be just fine now, many are calling him 2 or 3 all time already after winning with Cle last year. He also gets 2-3 more chances maybe at the end of his prime to win a title over this insane group and start getting compared to MJ.

Pressure seems to be off him in a sense as others have mentioned, he just gets to take a couple more swings at having some insane finals win (likely have to be better than last time for Cle to win right?).

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 01:38 PM

Why Toronto? If anything, they've got worse imo and they were swept pretty easily last year.

The Celtics will have to make some more moves to seriously push them.

As for the question, I think he'll win again. I'm sure he has something up his sleeve this coming summer.

Celts added a top 30 player and in their opinion the absolute best prospect in the draft. They were #1 and added two starter possible allstar players. That is huge.

FlashBolt
07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
I can care less if he wins another ring at this point. It's fairly obvious that this is the BEST LeBron we're seeing and that the Warriors are just too damn loaded. 10x more loaded than any other team Jordan faced in the playoffs. Even the Celtics, for that matter. Rings won't change how great LeBron is at this point. I've seen enough to know he's hands down, a top 3 player. Probably #2 if we're being honest.

mightybosstone
07-05-2017, 01:45 PM
I think Lebron finds a way to win one more. As insanely talented as that Golden State team is, it's too hard to win that many championships consecutively in a league with this much talent. At some point, something will happen—whether it's an injury or a guy leaving or them just facing a bad matchup and having one underwhelming series. But Lebron could play at this level for another 3-5 seasons, and something tells me that he'll get one more ring in that timeframe.

BKLYNpigeon
07-05-2017, 01:51 PM
I don't see the Warriors losing for the next 2 years, unless theres a major injury.

Lebron could win one more, but I don't see him taking a minimum deal anywhere. He's going to retire like Kobe not like a hobbled Dirk.

mightybosstone
07-05-2017, 02:00 PM
I don't see the Warriors losing for the next 2 years, unless theres a major injury.

Lebron could win one more, but I don't see him taking a minimum deal anywhere. He's going to retire like Kobe not like a hobbled Dirk.

Kobe was pretty "hobbled" by the time he retired, dude.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 02:07 PM
Crazy to think that as long as Lebrons been in the league, he's just 3 years older than Curry and 4 years older than Durant.

He's got another run in him before he calls it quits IMO.

WaDe03
07-05-2017, 02:12 PM
I can care less if he wins another ring at this point. It's fairly obvious that this is the BEST LeBron we're seeing and that the Warriors are just too damn loaded. 10x more loaded than any other team Jordan faced in the playoffs. Even the Celtics, for that matter. Rings won't change how great LeBron is at this point. I've seen enough to know he's hands down, a top 3 player. Probably #2 if we're being honest.

Heat LeBron was better. Far better defender.

Sofnr
07-05-2017, 02:54 PM
If he stays in Cleveland he's probably done winning championships. But he won't. He'll go to greener pastures and join up with another couple stars to give him his best chance of winning. Because he wants to win more championships. Just like KD.

FlashBolt
07-05-2017, 02:57 PM
Heat LeBron was better. Far better defender.

Maybe in terms of a sustained season but in terms of overall ability, I think he's at his best right now. Even in Miami, his mental aspect of the game wasn't this high. It's become him being more skill-dependent than physique-dependent that he was in his earlier Cleveland and even Miami days.

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2017, 02:58 PM
He'll win 2 more with the Lakers.

Me and Mr. T
07-05-2017, 03:01 PM
Unless the Warriors have devastating injuries, there is no way he wins another unless he leaves Cleveland and builds a better super team. He's going to start slowing down in the next couple of years also so his window of opportunity is closing.

SfgiantsJD3
07-05-2017, 03:01 PM
He'll win 2 more with the Lakers.

Why would he want to come west and have to go through very tough competition just to get to the finals?

GREATNESS ONE
07-05-2017, 03:18 PM
Why would he want to come west and have to go through very tough competition just to get to the finals?

I don't want him on the Lakers but essentially it would make sense for him $$$$$ wise, post career wise. As well, his family will be happy in LA. As well, he would be able to form a new Super Team in LAL.

Something like PG13, Westy, Cousins, Bron. 2/3 of those guys can all team up on LAL next year.

WaDe03
07-05-2017, 05:19 PM
I don't want him on the Lakers but essentially it would make sense for him $$$$$ wise, post career wise. As well, his family will be happy in LA. As well, he would be able to form a new Super Team in LAL.

Something like PG13, Westy, Cousins, Bron. 2/3 of those guys can all team up on LAL next year.

Then he'll be the greatest Laker ever!

rhd420
07-05-2017, 06:43 PM
You would think Gilbert learned the 1st time he left to just LeBron do what he does and get what he wants
I don't think he wins another in Cleveland with that ownership, it's difficult to say even if he starts a super team in Los Angeles that it's enough to win against Golden State but who's to say the team stays together long term or there are no injuries. He's the one guy who tries to surround himself with talent NOW, mix that in with a ownership group and cap space - he can win another one.

SfgiantsJD3
07-05-2017, 06:54 PM
You would think Gilbert learned the 1st time he left to just LeBron do what he does and get what he wants
I don't think he wins another in Cleveland with that ownership, it's difficult to say even if he starts a super team in Los Angeles that it's enough to win against Golden State but who's to say the team stays together long term or there are no injuries. He's the one guy who tries to surround himself with talent NOW, mix that in with a ownership group and cap space - he can win another one.

But his odds are better in the east, the completion to get to the finals is easier

More-Than-Most
07-05-2017, 07:02 PM

i love when people like you say... Man you are annoying... Then go on to say all the things I have said to justify why I am annoying but never once refute any of what I said... In your post above what have I said that is incorrect? I will wait. Give me any type of rebuttal... Here I will make it simple for you.

Did Durant go to one of the best teams ever?
Did Durant go to a team that won a championship and should have won another if not choking it away?
Did Durant go to a record break winning team?
Did the team Slow down at all when Durant got injured?
When any other star top 3 player goes down what other team in the history is still the best team in basketball?

Is the cavs team with lebron even close to said warriors team?
Does the cavs Roster completely **** the bed every single time lebron goes to the bench?
Does the warriors roster extend a lead/hold a lead when Durant goes to the bench?

Do Laker fans come in here and **** on lebron for building a team and try to give Durant a pass for being an add on to already one of the best teams ever because he is standing in the way of lebrons titles?

I will wait for the answers to the above. See the funny thing about someone being annoying is they are only annoying because they are usually right and the opposing side cant come up with an argument or rebuttal against them and thus play the annoying card.

L8kers4life
07-05-2017, 07:20 PM
i love when people like you say... Man you are annoying... Then go on to say all the things I have said to justify why I am annoying but never once refute any of what I said... In your post above what have I said that is incorrect? I will wait. Give me any type of rebuttal... Here I will make it simple for you.

Did Durant go to one of the best teams ever?
Did Durant go to a team that won a championship and should have won another if not choking it away?
Did Durant go to a record break winning team?
Did the team Slow down at all when Durant got injured?
When any other star top 3 player goes down what other team in the history is still the best team in basketball?

Is the cavs team with lebron even close to said warriors team?
Does the cavs Roster completely **** the bed every single time lebron goes to the bench?
Does the warriors roster extend a lead/hold a lead when Durant goes to the bench?

Do Laker fans come in here and **** on lebron for building a team and try to give Durant a pass for being an add on to already one of the best teams ever because he is standing in the way of lebrons titles?

I will wait for the answers to the above. See the funny thing about someone being annoying is they are only annoying because they are usually right and the opposing side cant come up with an argument or rebuttal against them and thus play the annoying card.

I'm not sure what Laker fans you have been talking to, but I for one could care less about anything you said about Durant or LeBron, because I never argued those points with you, maybe some other Laker fan did, but every time I'm in this forum you are talking about Kobe/LeBron, how we mess up in the draft, Durant, and my point to you is simple. 98% of us Laker fans can care less about any of those things you are blabbing about, we care about where our team stands as we speak and how we are going to get better. I can care less where Kobe, LeBron or Durant rank in there respective careers. Who gives a crap, I enjoy watching today's game and players, where they rank all time is kind of a stupid convo, I personally do not care about rankings. But as we speak, it would be LeBron, Kobe, Durant 1, 2, 3 . But if Durant rallies off 4 more in a row or wins 5 or 6 rings he will pass Kobe. He is the reason the GSW is now a super team.

More-Than-Most
07-05-2017, 07:57 PM
I'm not sure what Laker fans you have been talking to, but I for one could care less about anything you said about Durant or LeBron, because I never argued those points with you, maybe some other Laker fan did, but every time I'm in this forum you are talking about Kobe/LeBron, how we mess up in the draft, Durant, and my point to you is simple. 98% of us Laker fans can care less about any of those things you are blabbing about, we care about where our team stands as we speak and how we are going to get better. I can care less where Kobe, LeBron or Durant rank in there respective careers. Who gives a crap, I enjoy watching today's game and players, where they rank all time is kind of a stupid convo, I personally do not care about rankings. But as we speak, it would be LeBron, Kobe, Durant 1, 2, 3 . But if Durant rallies off 4 more in a row or wins 5 or 6 rings he will pass Kobe. He is the reason the GSW is now a super team.

the thing is Durant wont be better than Kobe in my opinion... I have Kobe 8-11 all time... I dont think you guys screwed up in any draft except this past one... I loved Ingram and DLO... I think Ball should have gone 4 and beyond def not 2... JJ to me is far better. I watch as many lakers games as sixers games... The things I have hated about laker fans is they always think they are getting free agents and it just hasnt been that way for a long time and lately whomever they draft nomatter how they play or look they are instantly the best guy... Okafor was the best player in the world until they drafted DLO... I argued with about 5 laker fans on here specifically who said Oka was a god... I called him a poor mans Lopez or something like that and then they drafted DLO whom i think is going to be special and all of a sudden okafor to them was trash and DLO was god like... I am not singling out all laker fans just the few and those same few are now hanging on the testicles of durant but have hated lebron for the decision and are now trying to justify what Durant did all because he is standing in the way of lebrons titles. Its moronic.... Never once singled you out though.

The warriors were a superteam without him... Think about his insane that is and how nutless it is... they won a championship and broke the single season wins record and went through the likes of him and westy without HIM LOL and he went and joined that team that beat him while he was up 3-1 a month later.

Mell413
07-05-2017, 07:58 PM
I think he will get one more. He may have to take less than a max deal and become more of s secondary piece though.

mjqusoldier
07-05-2017, 08:36 PM
Yes. I predict he will finish his career 3-9 in the NBA finals with him losing 4 more times to the Warriors and than he retires.