PDA

View Full Version : Hayward + Jackson = time for a pass 1st PG?

JasonJohnHorn
07-04-2017, 09:02 PM
I give IT props for what he pulled off last season.

But that said... with Tatum and Hayward coming in, it seems like it is time for a pass-first PG who can defend.

Thoughts? Options?

EDIT: Replaced Jackson's name with Tatum.. major brain fart... my bad.

Chronz
07-04-2017, 09:10 PM
Or let Hayward fully flex his relatively newfound playmaking skills. I look forward to the many experiments we have to watch this season, **** the playoffs tho.

numba1CHANGsta
07-04-2017, 09:33 PM
Josh Jackson? Lol

bucketss
07-04-2017, 09:37 PM
jackson?

Bostonjorge
07-04-2017, 09:41 PM
Jackson is a lesser version of Jaylen Brown

KnicksorBust
07-04-2017, 09:43 PM
We all make mistakes.

Celticsfan2007
07-04-2017, 09:47 PM
OP - who are you referring too in Jackson? Tatum?

eDush
07-04-2017, 09:49 PM
I give IT props for what he pulled off last season.

But that said... with Jackson and Hayward coming in, it seems like it is time for a pass-first PG who can defend.

Thoughts? Options?Reggie Jackson is a max player so I doubt Ainge wants him but I could be a wrong :shrug:

ewing
07-04-2017, 09:50 PM
I guess he means Tatum. I don't see his point though. IT is a scoring pg but not one that really prevents other guys from getting touches. The only type of player I could see conflicting with him on offense is a ball dominate pg or a low post guy the clogs the lane. IT seems to attract narrative

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDush
07-04-2017, 09:52 PM
I guess he means Tatum. I don't see his point though. IT is a scoring pg but not one that really prevents other guys from getting touches. The only type of player I could see conflicting with him on offense is a ball dominate pg or a low post guy the clogs the lane. IT seems to attract narrative

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHe's a Pistons fan who want Ainge to get their starting 1 for Bradley or Smart. Why can't you see that :shrug:

WaDe03
07-04-2017, 10:34 PM
He's a Pistons fan who want Ainge to get their starting 1 for Bradley or Smart. Why can't you see that :shrug:

Other than this not being the case at all I agree! You're killing it today!

aman_13
07-04-2017, 10:35 PM
The Celtics drafted Channing Tatum. Come on OP.

Chronz
07-04-2017, 10:37 PM

Agreed but a ball dominant player would suffice I think. Like was Cousins really a lane clogger? I guess so since he dominated the ball and took his shots in there but wasn't he already becoming more of a spacer when IT left?

Chronz
07-04-2017, 10:38 PM
The Celtics drafted Channing Tatum. Come on OP.

None of these kids have made a name for themselves, insert high draft rookie here

PAOboston
07-04-2017, 10:54 PM
IT isn't really a ball hog though or super ball dominant though. The Cs offense doesn't really work like that. They move the ball. The entire point of adding Hayward was to have a legit bonafide scorer next to IT so teams can't double team IT and take him out of the game. Slowing down the Cs offense isn't going to be as easy this upcoming season.

mavwar53
07-04-2017, 11:02 PM
I've said since the beginning of Free Agency that they need to trade IT. Bradley at PG, find another SG that can shoot and defend or find a PF like at the time Blake Griffin that can rebound and stretch the floor.

There aren't a whole lot of options they have to get equal return for IT and Crowder.

mrblisterdundee
07-04-2017, 11:37 PM
If the Warriors work with Draymond getting more assists than Curry, then I'm sure Isaiah and Hayward can coexist. They're both good shooters who will get more open threes and run the offense at times. The real issue is with Isaiah on defense.

ewing
07-05-2017, 05:28 AM
[QUOTE=Chronz;31729049]Agreed but a ball dominant player would suffice I think. Like was Cousins really a lane clogger? I guess so since he dominated the ball and took his shots in there but wasn't he already becoming more of a spacer when IT left?[/

He stinks but yes IT would be limited by really ball dominate player but most scorers are.

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 08:06 AM
I get the idea that in theory with adding more scoring you dont NEED scoring as badly from other positions but first of all talent can override fit. If you swapped IT with Rubio for example I dont think that makes BOS better just bc Rubio passes more and plays better D. Second of all, this should just increase their offensive efficiency to another level. Look at Lebron his early Cle years and then in Miami. He went from about 48% fg to 57% fg. Same should happen in Boston.

eDush
07-05-2017, 10:06 AM
I get the idea that in theory with adding more scoring you dont NEED scoring as badly from other positions but first of all talent can override fit. If you swapped IT with Rubio for example I dont think that makes BOS better just bc Rubio passes more and plays better D. Second of all, this should just increase their offensive efficiency to another level. Look at Lebron his early Cle years and then in Miami. He went from about 48% fg to 57% fg. Same should happen in Boston.Good points and why they wanted Hayward (a great offensive player) more than Butler, a great defensive wing but not as good offensively as Hayward from what they seen in their playoff matchup against them. And Rubio is not what the Jazz need especially with Hayward gone, scoring is what they lack now which mean opposing team will force him to shoot it by covering other players who can shoot which there isn't many anymore other than Gobert :laugh:

ewing
07-05-2017, 10:13 AM
I get the idea that in theory with adding more scoring you dont NEED scoring as badly from other positions but first of all talent can override fit. If you swapped IT with Rubio for example I dont think that makes BOS better just bc Rubio passes more and plays better D. Second of all, this should just increase their offensive efficiency to another level. Look at Lebron his early Cle years and then in Miami. He went from about 48% fg to 57% fg. Same should happen in Boston.

in a spread offensive IT's scoring ability and willingness to pass creates a lot more shots then Rubio superior court vision. Ricky is a better defender but would both create less offensive for himself and others on the Celts.

Scoots
07-05-2017, 10:22 AM
The system doesn't care. They all move the ball.

FOXHOUND
07-05-2017, 10:59 AM
in a spread offensive IT scoring ability and willingness to pass creates a lot more shots then other then Rubio superior court vision. Ricky is a better defender but would both create less offensive for himself and others on the Celts.

Yup. They don't need a ball dominant, playmaking PG when they have those scorers, passers and that system.

hugepatsfan
07-05-2017, 01:07 PM
IT being "ball dominant" is way overstated. He doesn't dominate the ball relative to other PGs. He dominates the shot attempts because he's far and away the best scorer on his team and no one is remotely close to him. Everyone on BOS moves the ball to get a good shot and when you have the roster we've had a "good shot" is going to be IT most of the time.

He'll continue to move the ball effectively like he always has. It just won't find its way back to him as much of the time now that there's another legit scorer on the court with him to take more shots.

Yadadamean
07-05-2017, 01:34 PM
No...IT isn't ball dominant until the shot clock is running down. Now if they can get Marc Gasol.

IT
Bradley
Hayward
Horford
Gasol

That's squad right there. You could trade any combo of Tatum, Brown and Crowder with all those picks. I think that teams beats CLE in 7

ewing
07-05-2017, 09:46 PM
IT being "ball dominant" is way overstated. He doesn't dominate the ball relative to other PGs. He dominates the shot attempts because he's far and away the best scorer on his team and no one is remotely close to him. Everyone on BOS moves the ball to get a good shot and when you have the roster we've had a "good shot" is going to be IT most of the time.

He'll continue to move the ball effectively like he always has. It just won't find its way back to him as much of the time now that there's another legit scorer on the court with him to take more shots.

Exactly I don't see a ball dominate player in IT. He is a ball mover. He is also a scorer who goes one on one at times