PDA

View Full Version : George Hill to Kings, 3 years $57 mil

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2017, 01:17 PM

They got him cheap.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2017, 01:21 PM
Kings don't know what they are doing of course. But George Hill at that contract is easy trade bait this year, if they decide to trade him.

Lloyd Christmas
07-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Why draft Fox then?

dhopisthename
07-04-2017, 01:35 PM
man I bet he wishes he took the Jazz offer now.

Silvnblckatck
07-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Why draft Fox then?

To have a young PG that can be taught by George how to be a professional. They can also easily play together. That's a great defensive backcourt to make up for Buddy's questionable defense.

Silvnblckatck
07-04-2017, 01:39 PM

He turned down Utah's 87 Mill. Looks like he didn't want to live in Utah.

Silvnblckatck
07-04-2017, 01:42 PM
Kings don't know what they are doing of course. But George Hill at that contract is easy trade bait this year, if they decide to trade him.

Lol they clearly do. Scott Perry has made a huge impact. After nailing the draft they are nailing free agency. Hill can mentor Fox and help our shooting. If Fox breaks out we can easily trade George on his short favorable contract. His 3rd year is also only partially guaranteed.

JLynn943
07-04-2017, 01:44 PM

We don't know what we're doing? Hill is a very good player and a great player for Fox to learn from. It's not like we had a veteran PG on the roster. He was a great add.

JLynn943
07-04-2017, 01:47 PM
Why draft Fox then?

We had no veteran point guard before Hill. He's now our starter and Fox will learn under him. If Fox develops quickly, we could trade Hill. He should fit what Joerger wants to do, too.

dhopisthename
07-04-2017, 01:49 PM
He turned down Utah's 87 Mill. Looks like he didn't want to live in Utah.

more like his agent told him he could get more. Hill has since fired that agent.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2017, 01:50 PM
You don't need to spend all that money, get a guy that eats playing time and get a guy that results in more wins to get mentors on that team.

Cracka2HI!
07-04-2017, 02:20 PM
WOW! Bad move for Hill, great for The Kings. Was it a 4 year deal for $87 million Hill turned down? To play on a MUCH better team? OUCH! I can't remember a move this bad for a player since Sprewell. The Kings may surprise some teams this year. I had them as the worst team in the West. Their moves today might bump them up to 3rd or 4th worst lol.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-04-2017, 02:35 PM
WOW! Bad move for Hill, great for The Kings. Was it a 4 year deal for $87 million Hill turned down? To play on a MUCH better team? OUCH! I can't remember a move this bad for a player since Sprewell. The Kings may surprise some teams this year. I had them as the worst team in the West. Their moves today might bump them up to 3rd or 4th worst lol.

So they cost themselves a chance at a better spot at #1.

Cracka2HI!
07-04-2017, 02:40 PM

That's one of looking at it.

MJNetsIsles
07-04-2017, 02:50 PM
That's one of looking at it.

That's the only way of looking at it.

Bad moves, waste of money.

MJNetsIsles
07-04-2017, 02:50 PM

Yes.

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:24 PM

He turned down Utah's 87 Mill. Looks like he didn't want to live in Utah.What makes most fans think that Utah is some haven place to live once they been there. It's the last state I ever want to live unless you want people staring at you cause you don't look like them which is messed up :(

I much rather live in Cali for minimum wage over Utah for much more :nod:

IndyRealist
07-04-2017, 03:31 PM
What makes most fans think that Utah is some haven place to live once they been there. It's the last state I ever want to live unless you want people staring at you cause you don't look like them which is messed up :(

There are MANY other states I'd rather not live in than Utah.

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:39 PM
What makes most fans think that Utah is some haven place to live once they been there. It's the last state I ever want to live unless you want people staring at you cause you don't look like them which is messed up :(

There are MANY other states I'd rather not live in than Utah.Name 3 without looking at the map and i will take them which includes Alaska. You never been to Utah and will be in for a rude awakening :laugh:

L8kers4life
07-04-2017, 03:39 PM

I'm from California, I played football for University of Utah, I'm a minority and Utah was amazing. The food is great, cost of living cheap, women are beautiful, dope city lots to do. Close to the mountains to snowboard. The only down side, weed is not legal and bars are closed on Sundays, lol. Cool place though

L8kers4life
07-04-2017, 03:44 PM
Name 3 without looking at the map and i will take them which includes Alaska. You never been to Utah and will be in for a rude awakening :laugh:

Dude what are you talking about, have you been to Utah? Idaho, Wyoming, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Massachusetts, Alabama, I would never consider living in before Utah. Utah has pro sports, beautiful outdoor activities, and Mormons are the nicest people, Utah is not as racist as you think

More-Than-Most
07-04-2017, 03:44 PM
this cant be true.... he is a laker. It was reported days ago and we all know every free agent wants to play for the lakers... Lol dude choose the kings over the lakers :cheers:

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:45 PM

I'm from California, I played football for University of Utah, I'm a minority and Utah was amazing. The food is great, cost of living cheap, women are beautiful, dope city lots to do. Close to the mountains to snowboard. The only down side, weed is not legal and bars are closed on Sundays, lol. Cool place thoughLol :bs: your a troll...

L8kers4life
this cant be true.... he is a laker. It was reported days ago and we all know every free agent wants to play for the lakers... Lol dude choose the kings over the lakers :cheers:

Yeah right, we all know he wouldn't take a 1 year deal, laker fans all know this, move on troll. Barbosa or Rondo for us

dhopisthename
hill is a Indiana guy not someone from New York city who craves the city life.

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:54 PM
this cant be true.... he is a laker. It was reported days ago and we all know every free agent wants to play for the lakers... Lol dude choose the kings over the lakers :cheers:Actually he woulda been better off taking the one year offer fr the Lakers as the full time starter once they realized Ball is not ready to play at this level like Dunn unlike Fox who will grab the starting pg spot much much sooner as a rookie imo. He could have taken LA to the playoffs as their starter this coming season after seeing what his play in Utah. I was impressed :nod:

IndyRealist
07-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Name 3 without looking at the map and i will take them which includes Alaska. You never been to Utah and will be in for a rude awakening :laugh:

Mississippi, Arkansas, Alabama.

eDush
07-04-2017, 03:56 PM

Yeah right, we all know he wouldn't take a 1 year deal, laker fans all know this, move on troll. Barbosa or Rondo for usIf he really cares about the money, he should of stayed in Utah. It should be about winning if I was him :nod:

eDush
07-04-2017, 04:03 PM

Dude what are you talking about, have you been to Utah? Idaho, Wyoming, Mississippi, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, Michigan, Massachusetts, Alabama, I would never consider living in before Utah. Utah has pro sports, beautiful outdoor activities, and Mormons are the nicest people, Utah is not as racist as you thinkOkay I been to Mass and AL so no problem there over Utah. Not sure about Dakota after watching the Fargo series :ohno:

Heediot
07-04-2017, 04:06 PM
Nuggets should go after Milos Teodosic. Him and Jokic on the floor together, and the ball movement would be better than Nash's suns, in terms of flair. Milos is a good shooter and Pick n roll whiz, he's rubio on offense with the ability to score. The downside he can't play a lick of defense. Getting him at 10-11 Million per is a nice plan B from George Hill.

Heediot
07-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Kings are putting together a solid off-season. They drafted well and have made some solid signings. I don't think they'll sniff the playoffs though. Randolph is the perfect mentor to the young bigs, and he has good rapport with Coach. George Hill can play the conley role.

eDush
07-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Kings are putting together a solid off-season. They drafted well and have made some solid signings. I don't think they'll sniff the playoffs though. Randolph is the perfect mentor to the young bigs, and he has good rapport with Coach. George Hill can play the conley role.He was a head case in Portland that carried over to the Knicks but maybe he's changed since but being 36 yr old mean that's probably what's going for him now it to provide some advice to help the bigs but I would have found a cheaper alternative if it was me. Hope it works out for him but far from perfect as you are stating it :nod:

europagnpilgrim
07-04-2017, 04:29 PM

if I had to guess the Lakers probably offered a 1yr deal while he could get at least 40million guaranteed over next 2 yrs and 65 if the 3rd yr doesn't get declined, I would have rolled with the Kings as well unless the Lakers would have offered a 3yr deal at least in the range of 55-60

eDush
07-04-2017, 04:37 PM

if I had to guess the Lakers probably offered a 1yr deal while he could get at least 40million guaranteed over next 2 yrs and 65 if the 3rd yr doesn't get declined, I would have rolled with the Kings as well unless the Lakers would have offered a 3yr deal at least in the range of 55-60I would take the Lakers offer as money is not as big as an incentive as Magic/Walton having confidence in me to lead his team of young talents like Zubac, Ingram and Nance. Hill could have made a big difference in their playoffs push which cannot happen with Ball :(

MILLERHIGHLIFE
07-04-2017, 05:37 PM
Hill and ZBO both excellent signings by the Kings.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2017, 05:39 PM
Very good value. I like the idea of him and Fox going HAM at each other daily. Great way to accelerate the learning process for Fox.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-04-2017, 08:15 PM

I dislike their moves for this exact reason. I wanted them to be worst in the West. This is their best shot at going all in with the rebuild and they are blowing it so they can win 30-35 games.

Chronz
07-04-2017, 08:17 PM
That's the only way of looking at it.

Bad moves, waste of money.

Who owns their pick next year tho? Has Chicago been screwed out of it after 10 or so years?

If so, is it really so bad when they can trade him at the deadline and tank then? There is something to be said for attaining valuable assets, right? Hill is a gem, I dont think he will thrive next year unless their picks turn out to be useful in year 1 but teams know what hes capable of by now. I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped him within a year or 2 for their rebuild.

But yeah, maybe Im giving them too much credit and they think Hill and Z-Bo will get them into Loffs.

Vinylman
07-05-2017, 08:25 AM

yeah... that's what happened... nothing to do with the extra $40 million...

You truly are a joke at this point

TheDish87
07-05-2017, 08:47 AM
He was a head case in Portland that carried over to the Knicks but maybe he's changed since but being 36 yr old mean that's probably what's going for him now it to provide some advice to help the bigs but I would have found a cheaper alternative if it was me. Hope it works out for him but far from perfect as you are stating it :nod:

did you forget he played for Memphis the last 8 years?

Vinylman
07-05-2017, 08:54 AM

the dude is a dubs troll... he hijacks every thread with uninformed posts

eDush
07-05-2017, 09:31 AM
Very good value. I like the idea of him and Fox going HAM at each other daily. Great way to accelerate the learning process for Fox.So giving a guy with close to the same age as Nene a 24 million contract is good value? He should have got what Nene got to be considered good value but he's overpaid now and not that good of a teammate to be giving advice to younger players :(

eDush
07-05-2017, 09:33 AM

the dude is a dubs troll... he hijacks every thread with uninformed postsUninformed? They are opinions that has more credibility than your opinion from what I read :nod:

warfelg
07-05-2017, 09:38 AM
I like Hill as a fantastic mentor for Fox. Hill wasn't as bad of a 3 point shooter, but over his career his was able to pull up his 3pt% by 8%. He's a good defensive player. Low turnover PG.

Things that will really help out Fox.

Vinylman
07-05-2017, 10:12 AM
I like Hill as a fantastic mentor for Fox. Hill wasn't as bad of a 3 point shooter, but over his career his was able to pull up his 3pt% by 8%. He's a good defensive player. Low turnover PG.

Things that will really help out Fox.

It is a real solid signing for a team that , lets be honest, doesn't have a good rep and is never really going to be a top end FA destination...

One thing for sure is that they haven't made a bad signing this offseason.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-05-2017, 10:12 AM
Who owns their pick next year tho? Has Chicago been screwed out of it after 10 or so years?

If so, is it really so bad when they can trade him at the deadline and tank then? There is something to be said for attaining valuable assets, right? Hill is a gem, I dont think he will thrive next year unless their picks turn out to be useful in year 1 but teams know what hes capable of by now. I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped him within a year or 2 for their rebuild.

But yeah, maybe Im giving them too much credit and they think Hill and Z-Bo will get them into Loffs.

The Kings have their own pick next year. Philly has their pick in 2019 I think.

ewing
07-05-2017, 09:47 PM
I like hill a lot.i don't know how Z Bo will fit but at least the team is a little interesting now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eDush
07-05-2017, 09:54 PM
I like hill a lot.i don't know how Z Bo will fit but at least the team is a little interesting now

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLike Hill but Zbo was a mistake otherwise might as well keep Boogie.
:shrug:

IndyRealist
07-06-2017, 12:30 PM
Like Hill but Zbo was a mistake otherwise might as well keep Boogie.
:shrug:

They like Hield and got a pick. Now if they signed 5 guards, they might as well have kept Cousins.

Wrigheyes4MVP
07-06-2017, 01:00 PM
They should have got more for Cousins, but I don't disagree with the idea of trading him when they did... the time was right. The guy is a loser. He can put up all the high scoring numbers in the world, but he's still a loser. As soon as things don't go his way on or off the court, he pouts and loses his composure. No team with Cousins as their main star will ever win anything of note.

chitownredbulls
07-06-2017, 01:37 PM
So giving a guy with close to the same age as Nene a 24 million contract is good value? He should have got what Nene got to be considered good value but he's overpaid now and not that good of a teammate to be giving advice to younger players :(

He'll be great for the young guys to learn from.... plus all their young players are on rookie or very affordable deals....they needed to spend to hit the cap.... great signings.... most of their players contracts will end around the same time... then kings can pay if the young guys show that they are what the kings are looking for....c'mon man.......

CityofTreez
07-06-2017, 05:43 PM
They like Hield and got a pick. Now if they signed 5 guards, they might as well have kept Cousins.

In reality, we acquired Hield & drafted Jackson & Giles with us flipping NO 10th pick for both POR 15 & 20.
It was a pretty solid return for Boogie.

Silent
07-06-2017, 08:27 PM
Sac is starting to look scary if fox and giles pan out steals of the draft