PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Durant re-signs with the Warriors 2 years 53 million

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 06:25 PM
Amick

Kevin Durant's Warriors contract expected to be $25 million, I’m told, with player option for 2017-18. Max was $34.5 mil. Major sacrifice.
Haynes

ESPN Sources: Kevin Durant will agree to re-sign with Golden State on a two-year, approximately $53 million deal, league sources tell ESPN.

Wow.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 06:28 PM
What a ****ing coward.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
07-03-2017, 06:29 PM
this is crazy

Porter will be making more money than finals MVP :laugh:

warfelg
07-03-2017, 06:29 PM
What a ****ing coward.

Yup. **** Durant.

Remember the days when the Rangers trade A-Rod to the Red Sox at a reduced salary and the MLBPA threw a **** fit about one of the best players in the game taking less than he could.

I wish the NBPA would step up here and cuss him out for leacing so much money on the table.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 06:31 PM
I think he took like $6M less than GS could have afforded to pay him. They get taxed I think $3.75 per dollar so he saved them $6M in salary and over $20M in tax.

Say what you want about the man but he's every bit as not greedy as he is not competitive.

Vee-Rex
07-03-2017, 06:32 PM
I wonder why only two years?

MJNetsIsles
Major sacrifice is right. This is a steal for Golden State. 9.5M$ less than the Max and 6.8M less than expected. Steal for the Dubs.

warfelg
I think he took like $6M less than GS could have afforded to pay him. They get taxed I think $3.75 per dollar so he saved them $6M in salary and over $20M in tax.

Say what you want about the man but he's every bit as not greedy as he is not competitive.

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::l augh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Had a feeling this would happen. How much money is being shelled out under the table is the real question.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 06:34 PM

Lol tell me about it. He took less money so he can guarantee he has Stephen, Dray, Klay and Iggy all on his side.

I wouldn't even mind as much if he just admitted all what's been said about him and he never made that tweet back in 2010.

It's like when a FA says he doesn't want to play for money, but then takes the biggest offer available and talks about all the other reasons why he took that offer when it's obvious what he did. Like stfu and just own up to it.

jason
07-03-2017, 06:35 PM
Looks there's a chance the big 4 can stay together depending on what Klays take after his huge shoe deal

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 06:36 PM
Smart move... He can just ride his way to titles and make 25 mill plus endorsement championship deals.... But yea he is a type of coward we have not seen before.

J4KOP99
07-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Silver gets absolutely *****ed around. He won't last for too long. NBA is going to find themselves in a tough position 5 years from now.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Lol curry brought him in so they can no longer choke and is making a ton more than him and didnt take less... Curry is a ****ing boss... Durant is his bottom *****.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 06:39 PM
25mil for the first year. Same price as Otto porter!

He will most likely get maxed out later. It's Spurs method of cap smoothing at its finest. Basically a "wink wink" deal. The discount paid for Livingstons contract. Warriors will take care of him down the road.

I guess he's in it for the long run.

J4KOP99
07-03-2017, 06:39 PM

Lol. Nicely done

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 06:40 PM

Next year they'll have early bird rights. The Warriors were never able to pay him up to his max. He took a $9.5M paycut from his max salary but a $6.8M pay cut from what the Warriors could pay him. They don't have full bird rights on him after one year so they could only go over the cap to pay him I think like 120% of last year's salary. Next year they'll have early bird rights which will allow them to pay him up to a max if he wants it.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 06:41 PM
If he ****s his leg again this deal becomes a GOAT deal for the warriors.

valade16
07-03-2017, 06:42 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 06:44 PM
Wow what a great guy and ultimate competitor. Taking less to keep the most stacked team in NBA history together so he doesn't have much pressure on himself. Screams all them great to me.

warfelg
07-03-2017, 06:47 PM
I can't wait for SAS to chime in.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 06:48 PM
It's nothing new. Everyone on the Spurs took less. LeBron Wade and Bosh took less too.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 06:49 PM
http://thewiseguise.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Kevin-Durant-in-Thunderstruck-2012-Movie-Image1.jpg

Competitiveness!

warfelg
07-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Someone is going to have to knock the Warriors off their pedestal.

Tanya Harding.

NYKnickFanatic
07-03-2017, 06:50 PM
People always would say, "if you want to win so badly, take a pay cut," now Kevin Durant is a player to actually take a huge pay cut to win and people ***** and moan.

I respect it. KD cares more about winning than money.

MJNetsIsles
07-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Someone is going to have to knock the Warriors off their pedestal.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 06:51 PM
People always would say, "if you want to win so badly, take a pay cut," now Kevin Durant is a player to actually take a huge pay cut to win and people ***** and moan.

cares more about coasting to a win than money yes.

mavwar53
07-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Gotta love it, he's willing to take less which is what people got mad at Kobe for not doing and the same people are getting mad when KD does it.

Miserable people make the world go round.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 06:54 PM
Gotta love it, he's willing to ale less which is what people got mad at Kobe for not doing and the same people are getting mad when KD does it.

People would have bent kobe over had Kobe taken less to go play with parker/duncan/manu... Was waiting for the same crew to try the but people complain about guys not taking less wah... Lol my man took less so they could keep iggy and Lance... really think about that. Green/Klay/Curry isnt enough... gotta make sure iggy and Lance is there so Durant can relax on the bench while another star plays 40 minutes a night on the opposing team and wear themselves down so durant can pick the bodies in the 4th while fresh.

tredigs
07-03-2017, 07:01 PM
Wow what a great guy and ultimate competitor. Taking less to keep the most stacked team in NBA history together so he doesn't have much pressure on himself. Screams all them great to me.

Coming from a Wade/Heat fan :laugh: :laugh:

LeBron/Wade/Bosh all took >10% cuts per year on 4-6 year contracts when they colluded to form that team. They were cowards as well, correct?

TyrionLannister
07-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Sam Amick reported that if Andre Iguodala had left, Durant would have taken even less money to ensure the Warriors signed forward Rudy Gay.

eDush
07-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Gotta love it, he's willing to ale less which is what people got mad at Kobe for not doing and the same people are getting mad when KD does it.

People would have bent kobe over had Kobe taken less to go play with parker/duncan/manu... Was waiting for the same crew to try the but people complain about guys not taking less wah... Lol my main took less so they could keep iggy and Lance... really think about that. Green/Klay/Curry isnt enough... gotta make sure iggy and Lance is there so Durant can relax on the bench while another star plays 40 minutes a night.Who the hell is Lance besides being one of the hardest post for me to grasp...did someone hack ur handle?
:laugh:

tredigs
07-03-2017, 07:03 PM
He just ensured the greatest NBA team in history stays together because he put money 2nd. ****ing hero.

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 07:03 PM
shaun livingston... I have always called him lance :shrug:

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 07:04 PM

:laugh:

maaaaaaan

LivinLakers
07-03-2017, 07:08 PM
shaun livingston... I have always called him lance :shrug:
That was awesome. Was thinking the same thing. I think Lance is his twin, the one the broke his leg clean off.
https://youtu.be/MHFs4a-Bb-c

More-Than-Most
07-03-2017, 07:09 PM
That was awesome. Was thinking the same thing. I think Lance is his twin, the one the broke his leg clean off.
https://youtu.be/MHFs4a-Bb-c

lol yea i confuse them a ton.

Yadadamean
07-03-2017, 07:14 PM
It looks like "the Hampton 5" had all this figured out last year.

If Iguodala didn't re-sign, KD was going to take even less for the warriors to sign Rudy Gay.

BKLYNpigeon
07-03-2017, 07:17 PM
The people who are complaining about KD taking less, are the same people who complained about Kobe who took too much.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Coming from a Wade/Heat fan :laugh: :laugh:

LeBron/Wade/Bosh all took >10% cuts per year on 4-6 year contracts when they colluded to form that team. They were cowards as well, correct?

What did KD take, like 27%?

You guys love to compare KD stuff to the big 3 Heat when none of it adds up

warfelg
07-03-2017, 07:22 PM
The people who are complaining about KD taking less, are the same people who complained about Kobe who took too much.

Yes because a player past his prime taking a huge contract is easily comparable to a guy in his prime offering to take massively under what he could take.

tredigs
07-03-2017, 07:22 PM
What did KD take, like 27%?

You guys love to compare KD stuff to the big 3 Heat when none of it adds up

Yes, he took what was necessary on his short term contract to ensure their best chance at dominance. Exactly what ALL the Heatles did on their LONG TERM contracts.

2nd year is a player option that will likely end up as a Max btw. You kids just have short term memories to best serve your agenda.

KD is such a ****ing team player for doing this.

Firefistus
07-03-2017, 07:26 PM
So here's where I'm confused, maybe someone can help shed some light on this. I thought if you didn't have bird rights you couldn't sign someone if you are over your salary cap. On a technical level they can sign everyone else because they've played for the Warriors for 3 years. But if you're over the cap you can only use your MLE or sign people for minimum salary. Do I understand the rule wrong?

COOLbeans
07-03-2017, 07:40 PM
Some know it all poster on psd was saying that KD wouldn't take a sizable pay cut. Well looks like you were wrong

tredigs
07-03-2017, 07:45 PM
He doesn't need to take less to win though. He's been a max player before and has had multiple chances to win but failed right before his own eyes.

I wouldn't say he "Raptor" Failed. But correct, he himself did not win the title.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 07:45 PM

He doesn't need to take less to win though. He's been a max player before and has had multiple chances to win but failed right before his own eyes.

COOLbeans
07-03-2017, 07:46 PM

The haters are *****ing the about it, as identified in this thread. I doubt if anyone else is

Raps18-19 Champ
Some know it all poster on psd was saying that KD wouldn't take a sizable pay cut. Well looks like you were wrong

We didn't factor in just how much of a coward he really was.

Scoots

They are first time tax payers so the penalty isn't that bad.

jason
So much for the big 4 becoming a big 2 soon.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 07:47 PM

Make sure Klay stays around and then they'll have his bird rights.

mike_noodles
07-03-2017, 07:47 PM
So here's where I'm confused, maybe someone can help shed some light on this. I thought if you didn't have bird rights you couldn't sign someone if you are over your salary cap. On a technical level they can sign everyone else because they've played for the Warriors for 3 years. But if you're over the cap you can only use your MLE or sign people for minimum salary. Do I understand the rule wrong?

Yeah, I dont get it either. Lebron did the same thing I believe.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 07:48 PM
Lol tell me about it. He took less money so he can guarantee he has Stephen, Dray, Klay and Iggy all on his side.

I wouldn't even mind as much if he just admitted all what's been said about him and he never made that tweet back in 2010.

It's like when a FA says he doesn't want to play for money, but then takes the biggest offer available and talks about all the other reasons why he took that offer when it's obvious what he did. Like stfu and just own up to it.

He did have an explanation a few years ago about that 2010 tweet and it was about something else ... but I don't remember what it was.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 07:51 PM
Next year they'll have early bird rights. The Warriors were never able to pay him up to his max. He took a $9.5M paycut from his max salary but a $6.8M pay cut from what the Warriors could pay him. They don't have full bird rights on him after one year so they could only go over the cap to pay him I think like 120% of last year's salary. Next year they'll have early bird rights which will allow them to pay him up to a max if he wants it.

They could have maxed him but then they'd lose Iguodala and Livingston.

tucksoe
07-03-2017, 07:52 PM
We didn't factor in just how much of a coward he really was.
You cry..., a lot

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 07:54 PM
He did have an explanation a few years ago about that 2010 tweet and it was about something else ... but I don't remember what it was.

I wish I could see what he said.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 07:54 PM
You cry..., a lot

Suck toe.

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 07:55 PM
They could have maxed him but then they'd lose Iguodala and Livingston.

He should've taken the max. They don't need Iggy and Livingston to win.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 08:02 PM

You can sign your own players over the cap but with limitations as to how you much you can pay them. If KD wanted the full max the Warriors would have had to let Iguodala and Liviingston (and more) go to get enough under the cap to pay him the full amount under the cap, but he said he would accept the 20% raise they are allowed to pay him, or less. He could have held out for $35.7 (I think) and settled for $10M less.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 08:03 PM

I actually thought Curry might take a little less after they made the full super max offer. But KD is taking even less than I thought.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 08:06 PM
I wish I could see what he said.

You asked so I looked ... this wasn't the one from a few years ago, but from this year on Bill Simmons podcast.

“If you go back and look at when I posted that, I posted that later in the month, you want to know why? Penny Hardaway came out and said, ‘I would love to play for the Heat, I think I could help them win the championship.’ And I’m like, ‘Come on, Penny. You’ve been out of the game. I played against you my rookie year, it’s like three years later, man. What are you doing?’ But it was a fake article. So I tweeted that. And now everybody’s like, ‘Well, you was criticizing LeBron.’ I signed an extension right after LeBron decided to go to Miami and a lot of people asked me about that, I said, ‘Cool, for [the Heat]. We play them three times, I can’t wait to play them, it’s going to be cool.’

“I didn’t criticize him, I was criticizing Penny Hardaway in this fake article I read. So a lot of people took that and ran with it.”

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kevin-durant-explain-tweet-super-teams/350371

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 08:08 PM
You asked so I looked ... this wasn't the one from a few years ago, but from this year on Bill Simmons podcast.

https://larrybrownsports.com/basketball/kevin-durant-explain-tweet-super-teams/350371

Yea, I did remember seeing something like this around when Durant signed last year. Didn't see this article though.

The 2nd part of the tweet about being competitive would still apply in general, even if the 1st part was directly related to Penny.

da ThRONe
07-03-2017, 08:15 PM
I don't have a problem with this. I have a problem with him running to GS like a ***** in the first place.

Saddletramp
07-03-2017, 08:15 PM

Jesus, people actually believe that explanation? :laugh:

As far as this signing goes, this was always the plan. Keep doing this 1+1 contracts and when they get his full Bird rights, max money. And he might've signed for less but he knows the big pay day is coming up and besides, he's got endorsements helping him out. If there were no endorsements, we'd see just how unselfish these players really are.

And no doubt Lacomb is laundering some of that Tech money their way even if it's just "invest in my buddies company and you'll always make xxx amount in profit."

tredigs
07-03-2017, 08:25 PM
I don't have a problem with this. I have a problem with him running to GS like a ***** in the first place.

You have a problem with the Kings being a pathetic franchise for a well over a decade and can't stand that the Warriors dominate the NBA.

That's reality.

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2017, 08:31 PM
Wow the amount of *****ing in this thread is ****ing classic.

Oh no our Hero Lebron doesn't get the easiest path to the finals waaaaaa waaa wAaaa

Goodness. The man took less money to do what's best for him and he got the taste of winning and beating Bron who's been doing it for years.

I don't like t but I'm not gonna sit here and ***** about it

tredigs
07-03-2017, 08:31 PM
I highly doubt that

Ehhhh. Lol.

TrueFan420
07-03-2017, 08:32 PM
And no doubt Lacomb is laundering some of that Tech money their way even if it's just "invest in my buddies company and you'll always make xxx amount in profit."

I highly doubt that

Raps18-19 Champ
07-03-2017, 08:38 PM

Oh no our Hero Lebron doesn't get the easiest path to the finals waaaaaa waaa wAaaa

Goodness. The man took less money to do what's best for him and he got the taste of winning and beating Bron who's been doing it for years.

I don't know if anyone mentioned Lebron in this thread yet but you.

I mean 2 wrongs don't make it right does it?

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2017, 08:41 PM
I don't know if anyone mentioned Lebron in this thread yet but you.

I mean 2 wrongs don't make it right does it?

True but I've been on here for years, I know who the fan boys are easily nowadays :D

Yadadamean
07-03-2017, 08:42 PM
Constantly complaining makes you what then

tredigs
07-03-2017, 08:53 PM

What is a *****, Alex?

goingfor28
07-03-2017, 09:00 PM
"Major sacrifice" [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Scoots
07-03-2017, 09:03 PM
Jesus, people actually believe that explanation? :laugh:

As far as this signing goes, this was always the plan. Keep doing this 1+1 contracts and when they get his full Bird rights, max money. And he might've signed for less but he knows the big pay day is coming up and besides, he's got endorsements helping him out. If there were no endorsements, we'd see just how unselfish these players really are.

I don't believe or disbelieve ... I don't honestly care.

Why do you call him "Lacomb"?

Scoots
07-03-2017, 09:08 PM
I highly doubt that

I bet it's a little less shady than that, but I also bet Lacob is freely sharing legal info and his recommendation with the players.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 09:08 PM

Define "constant".

IKnowHoops
07-03-2017, 09:09 PM
Hey, it's his choice. He's made all the right choices for his career. If teams want to beat the Warriors, they can...they are just going to have to attract some star players who are all willing to take less salary. A player like Bron can do it. He could play for 15mill a year and load his team too. Players want money though. Nothing wrong with taking less money to have a better team. Every player/team can do it if winning is most important to them.

likemystylez
07-03-2017, 09:11 PM

Do you have a problem with melo only waiving his no trade clause if he can go to a superteam? thats kinda weak too isnt it?

Saddletramp
07-03-2017, 09:12 PM
I don't believe or disbelieve ... I don't honestly care.

Why do you call him "Lacomb"?

Typo.

Scoots
07-03-2017, 09:13 PM
Do you have a problem with melo only waiving his no trade clause if he can go to a superteam? thats kinda weak too isnt it?

Don't try to convince them. They have hate in their hearts.

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:24 PM

You'll be *****ing when they start saying he's better than Kobe.

LA4life24/8
07-03-2017, 09:26 PM
You guys are all *****es... complaining about a dude taking less money to keep his team together... a lot of players have taken pay cuts to help sign teammates, a guy puts winning first and yall trash him... but if he was greedy and took all the money so they couldn't resign certain players yall would trash him. Yall are dumb. He can sign whatever contract he wants and yall just gonna keep hatin when they keep winnin...

WaDe03
07-03-2017, 09:27 PM

Melos 33 and has no ring. Past his prime.

I also don't have a problem with the pay cut, he was obviously going to stay just funny to poke at some of the Warriors fans. Like others said I do have a problem with him running to a team that went 73-9 and probably throwing away the 3-1 lead. He's as soft as it gets.

mike_noodles
07-03-2017, 09:33 PM

Yeah, I dont get it either. Lebron did the same thing I believe.

You can sign your own players over the cap but with limitations as to how you much you can pay them. If KD wanted the full max the Warriors would have had to let Iguodala and Liviingston (and more) go to get enough under the cap to pay him the full amount under the cap, but he said he would accept the 20% raise they are allowed to pay him, or less. He could have held out for $35.7 (I think) and settled for $10M less.

You didn't actually answer the question. Bird rights are supposed to take three years to get. The exception I know of is by trade. Since KD only signed a one year deal, how did they have his bird rights to go over the cap to resign him?

Jamiecballer
07-03-2017, 09:34 PM
This sort of reaffirms for me that Durant to golden state had nothing to do with going to the Champs and everything to do with just wanting to enjoy his time in the game. Major character move.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

mike_noodles
07-03-2017, 09:36 PM
I don't care if he takes less money. Good for him. I wish I had a star on my team that would do that, lol. But seriously imagine having so much money that you can walk away from $18m of extra income? Wow.

eDush
07-03-2017, 09:39 PM
This sort of reaffirms for me that Durant to golden state had nothing to do with going to the Champs and everything to do with just wanting to enjoy his time in the game. Major character move.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using TapatalkThat sounds more like D12 than KD who did came here to win the right way as a team instead of selfish play. Basing ur opinion on how much his contract should be is dumb but what do I know.
:shrug:

Jamiecballer
07-03-2017, 09:40 PM
That sounds more like D12 than KD who did came here to win the right way as a team instead of selfish play. Basing ur opinion on how much is dumb but what do I know.
Your post doesn't seem to make any sense but what do I know

eDush
07-03-2017, 09:41 PM
That sounds more like D12 than KD who did came here to win the right way as a team instead of selfish play. Basing ur opinion on how much is dumb but what do I know.
Your post doesn't seem to make any sense but what do I know

Sent from my SM-T530NU using TapatalkWell u figure it out one day :nod:

JordansBulls
07-03-2017, 09:44 PM
The title he just won was the purest title won in the 2010's outside of 2011.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Lol.

Hustla23
07-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Lol Durant wouldn't look so weak if Curry didn't literally take every penny he could get lmao.

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2017, 10:09 PM
You'll be *****ing when they start saying he's better than Kobe.

Sit down in the corner and eat your pop tart. Idgaf about all that, you guys get too carried away. With who's better than who, in just sitting back and enjoying the ride. Also, I don't *****, only women do that.

SiteWolf
07-03-2017, 10:10 PM
I know he could've and should've gotten more, but we're talking like $26mil ain't much money.
That said, Curry probably agreed to pay off Durant's mortgage or something

likemystylez
07-03-2017, 10:11 PM

I also don't have a problem with the pay cut, he was obviously going to stay just funny to poke at some of the Warriors fans. Like others said I do have a problem with him running to a team that went 73-9 and probably throwing away the 3-1 lead. He's as soft as it gets.

Yknow whats funny. when warriors fans brag about the 73-9 regular season record- they are VERY VERY quickly shut up by people saying 73-9 doesnt mean anything if you dont win a ring.

Yet- when people want to hate on durant...... all of a sudden the fact that they went 73-9 is at the forefront of reasons they dont need durant. Its like- make up your mind.... is 73-9 meaningless or not? if its meaningless just assume the warriors were a .500 team in 15-16

Jamiecballer
07-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Well u figure it out one day :nod:
Probably, they say 85% of us will experience dementia before it's over

KnicksorBust
07-03-2017, 10:14 PM

Yknow whats funny. when warriors fans brag about the 73-9 regular season record- they are VERY VERY quickly shut up by people saying 73-9 doesnt mean anything if you dont win a ring.

Yet- when people want to hate on durant...... all of a sudden the fact that they went 73-9 is at the forefront of reasons they dont need durant. Its like- make up your mind.... is 73-9 meaningless or not? if its meaningless just assume the warriors were a .500 team in 15-16

A historic regular is a disappointment if you don't win a title. Stop acting naive.

KnicksorBust
07-03-2017, 10:15 PM
Smart he took less money. Will make that back in other ways as he continues the Warriors dynasty.

He clearly loves being on the Warriors. I am still shocked/impressed that he became the alpha dog in his first season on the team and clearly led them to a title.

likemystylez
07-03-2017, 10:18 PM
A historic regular is a disappointment if you don't win a title. Stop acting naive.

right- they didnt win a title and they added some talent to try and get over the hump. (after the cavs lost the finals..... people were talkin about trying to get paul george, melo, jimmy butler, clyde drexler and every star under the sun) Heck they had harrison barnes matched up on lebron james in the finals..... durant isnt quite as good as lebron but he gives them a reasonable chance. adding durant made the match ups more even imo. cavs bench just didnt show up

da ThRONe
07-03-2017, 10:29 PM

Melo is not in the middle of his prime and he isn't a top 5 player. In addition he didn't give up 3-1 lead to the Cavs nor the Rockets. These two players situation are different.

GREATNESS ONE
07-03-2017, 10:36 PM
Smart he took less money. Will make that back in other ways as he continues the Warriors dynasty.

He clearly loves being on the Warriors. I am still shocked/impressed that he became the alpha dog in his first season on the team and clearly led them to a title.

Careful saying that, people ******** on KD like he did nothing in the Finals.

hugepatsfan
07-03-2017, 10:45 PM

It's not funny. You're just being dense. 73-9 without a ring means you don't get to say you're as good as Jordan's Bulls for best team ever because you didn't close. But 73-9 plus a 3-1 Finals Lead that you barely lose to the arguable GOAT's all-time best stretch means that the team is clearly good enough to win and one of the best teams ever talent wise so if an MVP caliber player runs there with his tail tucked between his legs that he's a *****.

Nikeman
07-03-2017, 10:51 PM
Not sure why this is a shock to anyone... the biggest ***** in the NBA is willing to leave money on the table to ensure that he has easiest and least competitive path to more finals MVP trophies.

Of course he'll drop 4-5 mill, he'll make it back in endorsements, and his ego may actually think his winning more trophies makes him an all time great.

likemystylez
07-03-2017, 11:01 PM
Not sure why this is a shock to anyone... the biggest ***** in the NBA is willing to leave money on the table to ensure that he has easiest and least competitive path to more finals MVP trophies.

Of course he'll drop 4-5 mill, he'll make it back in endorsements, and his ego may actually think his winning more trophies makes him an all time great.

Yeah hes staying in by far the tougher conference- why is nobody concerned that lebron is even more of a lock to get to the finals every year out east?

likemystylez
07-03-2017, 11:03 PM
It's not funny. You're just being dense. 73-9 without a ring means you don't get to say you're as good as Jordan's Bulls for best team ever because you didn't close. But 73-9 plus a 3-1 Finals Lead that you barely lose to the arguable GOAT's all-time best stretch means that the team is clearly good enough to win and one of the best teams ever talent wise so if an MVP caliber player runs there with his tail tucked between his legs that he's a *****.

if he came here and tried to blend in or stay under the radar and not go head to head with lebron james- then yeah hed be weak.... but KD showed up, wouldnt say he had his tail between his legs. He just wanted to come to a squad that played the right way

jason
07-03-2017, 11:14 PM

No this is still Currys team

jason
07-03-2017, 11:14 PM

He will go down as an all time great either way

COOLbeans
07-03-2017, 11:26 PM
I actually thought Curry might take a little less after they made the full super max offer. But KD is taking even less than I thought.

I had the same prediction. However, Im not surprised KD is making this sacrifice, allowing Steph to make history with his contract, getting him paid what he deserves, and while giving him the luxury of getting whatever he wants. This is very much symbolic for Curry's greatness over the years with this organization.

Class move by everyone

blahblahyoutoo
07-03-2017, 11:34 PM
he took a $10M paycut to help the team out.
how's that for a discount, mr. melo anthony?

CityofTreez
07-03-2017, 11:36 PM
He just ensured the greatest NBA team in history stays together because he put money 2nd. ****ing hero.

God. Save. The. Dubs.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2017, 12:07 AM
25mil for the first year. Same price as Otto porter!

He will most likely get maxed out later. It's Spurs method of cap smoothing at its finest. Basically a "wink wink" deal. The discount paid for Livingstons contract. Warriors will take care of him down the road.

I guess he's in it for the long run.

That's what Wade thought with the Heat. Hopefully the Warriors live up to it.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2017, 12:09 AM
I gotta say under normal circumstances I'd find this admirable. But this Warriors team makes me sick. Durant really messed up the whole league. And this offseason has made the East even more of a joke. Something needs to be done but I have no clue what.

TrueFan420
07-04-2017, 12:15 AM
I gotta say under normal circumstances I'd find this admirable. But this Warriors team makes me sick. Durant really messed up the whole league. And this offseason has made the East even more of a joke. Something needs to be done but I have no clue what.

Drop the west and east. Make it one league and one playoff bracket.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2017, 12:17 AM
A very LeBronesque move. At the end of the day is his career and his money, so he can do whatever he wants. One thing for sure is that to this moment he and LeBron will be remembered as the players that can't win without building/joining a super team...

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2017, 12:19 AM
Drop the west and east. Make it one league and one playoff bracket.

I'd love that to happen. Just know it won't. I like that idea, every sport should do that imo.

SportsFanatic10
07-04-2017, 12:22 AM
A very LeBronesque move. At the end of the day is his career and his money, so he can do whatever he wants. One thing for sure is that to this moment he and LeBron will be remembered as the players that can't win without building/joining a super team...

I agree Lebron knew he needed Wade to make it happen the first time. But Durant is on a whole other level of needy with this. It's insane how much he stacked the deck in his favor. But I guess he wants to win pretty badly. And how doesn't matter apparently.

LA_Raiders
07-04-2017, 12:35 AM
^yeah, he took a big pay cut, it almost seems that something is going on.

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 12:41 AM
You guys are ****ing hilarious. A guy actually leaves money on the table and you fault him for it.

Say what you want regardless of talent that system is perfect for him. Yeah he should probably be in OKC taking turns iso hero ball. Gtfo here.

Scoots
07-04-2017, 01:09 AM
Typo.

Hehe ... I assumed it was intended as some sort of left handed insult.

Scoots
07-04-2017, 01:12 AM
You didn't actually answer the question. Bird rights are supposed to take three years to get. The exception I know of is by trade. Since KD only signed a one year deal, how did they have his bird rights to go over the cap to resign him?

They don't have Bird rights, they have NO WAY to keep him from leaving, he's an unrestricted free agent and they can't go to any level to keep him. But I think every free agent can be signed for a small raise over their previous contract ... most of the time the player chooses to go elsewhere for more.

The CBA is HEAVILY slanted for teams to keep teams together and against free agent moves.

spliff(TONE)
07-04-2017, 01:42 AM
Quick....somebody call a wambulance!

Yadadamean
07-04-2017, 01:44 AM
I know he could've and should've gotten more, but we're talking like $26mil ain't much money.
That said, Curry probably agreed to pay off Durant's mortgage or something

lol

valade16
07-04-2017, 01:53 AM
KD being a team player. Too bad he wasn't a team player for his own team though.

CityofTreez
07-04-2017, 01:54 AM
Durant chose winning & garlic fries over money.
What a coward!

More-Than-Most
07-04-2017, 01:57 AM

lebron was the super team but good try.. lebron never took a backseat and was always the best player in any winning series ever... durant latched on and enjoyed the ride like a nice little secondary player and or side piece does. That is how durant will be remembered while lebron will be remembered as the guy that beat arguably the best team ever and forced said best team ever to beg the second best player to help them chop down the arguable GOAT.

More-Than-Most
07-04-2017, 01:58 AM
KD being a team player. Too bad he wasn't a team player for his own team though.

why beat them when you can join them :shrug:

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 02:01 AM
Back when I only cared about kobe winning I used to talk so much **** about LeBron. Posters on this forum showed me the light and I accepted greatness. Now I firmly have LeBron at number 2 all time. I told my son that he was the real mvp weeks before the regular season ended.

Now I'm seeing those same posters talk so much **** about KD. You guys are right though how dare anybody assemble a better team than LeBron. He has orchestrated juggernaut teams the last what, 6 years. Highest payroll in the league but yeah KD is spineless.

How dare anybody put a better team than LeBron together. I truly hope those same posters that taught me to respect LeBron learn to not trash KD for doing what is very similar to LeBron, twice and give the man a break. He went where he should of and proved winning is more important than money. A champion, an all time great, and most importantly gambles on his greatness and probably make that money twice over by continuing to win.

Chronz
07-04-2017, 02:13 AM
Gambles on his greatness ? Lmfao

FOXHOUND
07-04-2017, 02:36 AM
Wow, this was a real surprise. Good for him, haters will hate anyways.

Silent
07-04-2017, 02:48 AM
hes setting him self up for the super max

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 02:53 AM
You're one of the posters I respected, but yeah he did. He performed well especially in the playoffs. Show me all the players in this league who have finals stats close to Durant in his 2 series. Short list. Jordan, LeBron and not many else who sniff 30 points a game shooting over 50 percent. He has done it in OKC and gs. He finished his contract and went to a system that fits the way he plays.

Chronz please tell me you don't believe that LeBron goes back to Cleveland if they don't have the players and assets that they did? Lebron saw Mia window closing and only doesn't get roasted because it's Cleveland. There is no way he goes back there if they weren't ready to win a championship.

I hope some of you lighten up on kd like you did with LeBron. If you consider both them cowards then I can respect your opinion. Imo KD can be an all time great if LeBron can.

Saddletramp
07-04-2017, 03:00 AM
hes setting him self up for the super max

Yeah. Duh. Take a little less now to preserve some depth and in a few years, $40 million a year. This was all decided months ago.

It's so easy to hate on KD for being a puss that's wants it easy but if that's what matters to him and he's willing to give up some money early to keep winning and then cash in later, it's a smart move (assuming he stays healthy but even then, I'm sure the brass will set him up somehow. All of these guys will have jobs for life at a very high rate of pay). I just hate that it's pretty much ruined something I've really enjoyed the last couple of decades. KD's lack of competitiveness and Warriors money have really overshadowed what could have been a great product but give it enough time and money will ruin everything.

tredigs
07-04-2017, 03:03 AM
Yeah. Duh. Take a little less now to preserve some depth and in a few years, $40 million a year. This was all decided months ago.

It's so easy to hate on KD for being a puss that's wants it easy but if that's what matters to him and he's willing to give up some money early to keep winning and then cash in later, it's a smart move (assuming he stays healthy but even then, I'm sure the brass will set him up somehow. All of these guys will have jobs for life at a very high rate of pay). I just hate that it's pretty much ruined something I've really enjoyed the last couple of decades. KD's lack of competitiveness and Warriors money have really overshadowed what could have been a great product but give it enough time and money will ruin everything.

Hint: Your beloved Rockets never had a chance the last couple of decades. Thanks for watching though.

Saddletramp
07-04-2017, 03:24 AM
Hint: Your beloved Rockets never had a chance the last couple of decades. Thanks for watching though.

Not having a chance? Two years back they played the Warriors pretty damn well for the first few games and then Harden decided to party with Drake a bit too much before one of the biggest games of his career. I'd rather the Rockets go back to just missing the playoffs every year than to have a guy ***** his way to titles. I mentioned that when you were banned so maybe you didn't see it.

Speaking of you being banned, I didn't think it was possible. You've been such a huge prick that's called everyone (including the few competent Warriors fans in here) so many names that I thought you were protected from up on high. I thought you just disappeared when you jumped to a conclusion on Kevin Love's numbers and were embarrassed but no, I guess you finally called a mod some middle school cut down and were finally told to take a time out. You'd think that being banned would have taken the edge off but no, once a dick, always a dick I guess.

DanG
07-04-2017, 07:29 AM
KD went there because that's how he likes to play, unselfishly. And it's not cakewalking to a championship if you put up 35/8/5 on 56% shooting.

da ThRONe
07-04-2017, 09:11 AM
Back when I only cared about kobe winning I used to talk so much **** about LeBron. Posters on this forum showed me the light and I accepted greatness. Now I firmly have LeBron at number 2 all time. I told my son that he was the real mvp weeks before the regular season ended.

Now I'm seeing those same posters talk so much **** about KD. You guys are right though how dare anybody assemble a better team than LeBron. He has orchestrated juggernaut teams the last what, 6 years. Highest payroll in the league but yeah KD is spineless.

How dare anybody put a better team than LeBron together. I truly hope those same posters that taught me to respect LeBron learn to not trash KD for doing what is very similar to LeBron, twice and give the man a break. He went where he should of and proved winning is more important than money. A champion, an all time great, and most importantly gambles on his greatness and probably make that money twice over by continuing to win.

One key word is assemble. What KD did wasn't assemble it was latching on to what another group assembled.

GREATNESS ONE
07-04-2017, 09:25 AM

You're one of the posters I respected, but yeah he did. He performed well especially in the playoffs. Show me all the players in this league who have finals stats close to Durant in his 2 series. Short list. Jordan, LeBron and not many else who sniff 30 points a game shooting over 50 percent. He has done it in OKC and gs. He finished his contract and went to a system that fits the way he plays.

Chronz please tell me you don't believe that LeBron goes back to Cleveland if they don't have the players and assets that they did? Lebron saw Mia window closing and only doesn't get roasted because it's Cleveland. There is no way he goes back there if they weren't ready to win a championship.

I hope some of you lighten up on kd like you did with LeBron. If you consider both them cowards then I can respect your opinion. Imo KD can be an all time great if LeBron can.

:clap: you won this thread homie, great input and post.

likemystylez
07-04-2017, 09:35 AM
One key word is assemble. What KD did wasn't assemble it was latching on to what another group assembled.

Not really- people dont understand that the warriors roster that KD joined was not the same as the one that won 73 games, and not the same as the one that lost a 3-1 lead.

KD was almost brought in during a rebuild. warriors were missing almost half their starters. Every center on the roster was gone, kep contributors off the bench like barbosa, speights...... infact before the 16-17 season- there were huge question marks as to whether their bench was even going to be decent (I thought iggy, west and livingston were good enough to make it a top 10 bench in the league)

KD didnt join the same team- almost half the roster was removed

valade16
07-04-2017, 11:06 AM
Not really- people dont understand that the warriors roster that KD joined was not the same as the one that won 73 games, and not the same as the one that lost a 3-1 lead.

KD was almost brought in during a rebuild. warriors were missing almost half their starters. Every center on the roster was gone, kep contributors off the bench like barbosa, speights...... infact before the 16-17 season- there were huge question marks as to whether their bench was even going to be decent (I thought iggy, west and livingston were good enough to make it a top 10 bench in the league)

Unless I'm mistaken the reason half those bench guys weren't there anymore was to make room financially to sign KD. It was the same core group of guys.

IKnowHoops
07-04-2017, 11:20 AM

Rebuild? Oh my.

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 12:28 PM

Thank you. In time I think people will forgive. I guess some people would of rather watch LeBron every year.

TrueFan420
07-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Unless I'm mistaken the reason half those bench guys weren't there anymore was to make room financially to sign KD. It was the same core group of guys.

Naw it was the starters that were gone to make room for KD. Barbosa left for the Suns cause they offered 5 million and he was only on a bet min with us. Similar situation with Mo Buckets we were only gonna offer vet min. Clippers offered more $$$.

smith&wesson
07-04-2017, 01:00 PM
So durant has obviously been hypnotized or brain washed. Did he just accept 26.5 per ? While Curry got a 200 + million contract ? What a joke.

smith&wesson
07-04-2017, 01:01 PM
I cant beleive he has devalued himself this much. How deseperate can a player be to win? Talk about not betting on yourself at all.

smith&wesson
07-04-2017, 01:07 PM
This isnt about Lebron vs the NBA.. this is about one of the all time greates completely devalueing himself..

I can probably take that next leap in my company if I accepted a salary way below my worth. "Hey boss would you consider moving me from a managerial role to a director if I take a salary of 50 k a year? I know the going rate for that role is triple that but I really wanna be percieved as a "winner" with that title"

smith&wesson
07-04-2017, 01:10 PM

That is truly comical considering Durant had Harden, Wb, and Ibaka at one point.. but sure lets piggy back that post even though it made absolutely no sense at all.

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 02:16 PM
That is truly comical considering Durant had Harden, Wb, and Ibaka at one point.. but sure lets piggy back that post even though it made absolutely no sense at all.

Did he when left? He had wb who sometimes looks like the greatest and the very next play you think wtf?

smith&wesson
07-04-2017, 02:28 PM
Did he when left? He had wb who sometimes looks like the greatest and the very next play you think wtf?

Bro you act like he wasnt on a super team already at some point and only formed one to compete with Lebron.

3 mvp calibre players dont count i guess.

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Bro you act like he wasnt on a super team already at some point and only formed one to compete with Lebron.

3 mvp calibre players dont count i guess.

I'm not acting like that at all. I'm acting like he finished his contract and went to a better system. His talent fits gs way better than OKC. Plus who wouldn't want to live in Cali vs OKC.

Jamiecballer
07-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Every single one of us wishes our stars would re-up for less to give the team the best chance to win. Bunch of hypocrites up in this mother****er.

TrueFan420
07-04-2017, 03:22 PM
I cant beleive he has devalued himself this much. How deseperate can a player be to win? Talk about not betting on yourself at all.

He's signed a two year deal with an opt out. He's basically going to keep renegotiating as planned until we have his bird rights and can offer him the actual contract. It's a make weight until the time is there.

likemystylez
07-04-2017, 03:33 PM

Good lord, the hate is real. This blind hatred towards Durant really criticizes him no matter what he does. A guy putting money aside and making winning is number one priority is now seen as a flaw???? Something tells me if he demanded the max and forced the warriors to break up their core- he would also be a jerk for that.

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 03:37 PM
Every single one of us wishes our stars would re-up for less to give the team the best chance to win. Bunch of hypocrites up in this mother****er.

Truth. Golden State isn't even my team I just love watching them play. Love KD and Curry.

zn23
07-04-2017, 04:16 PM
I see a bunch of people saying LeBron should do what KD did and take less money, but the problem is that KD actually plays for a competent franchise and LeBron doesn't. He has trust in that franchise, because they have a good track record, to make great moves and he's willing take less money. Much like Tim Duncan took less for the Spurs, another competent franchise with a great track record.

The Cavs are not a competent franchise. LeBron shouldn't just take less money and have them screw everything up and give someone like Jose Calderon a max deal. They haven't done **** this offseason. They might get Carmelo. MIGHT. But even that's not a sure thing anymore. So LeBron's probably thinking, what's the point?

Jeffy25
07-04-2017, 05:00 PM
Yup. **** Durant.

Remember the days when the Rangers trade A-Rod to the Red Sox at a reduced salary and the MLBPA threw a **** fit about one of the best players in the game taking less than he could.

I wish the NBPA would step up here and cuss him out for leacing so much money on the table.

get rid of the salary cap then

nastynice
07-04-2017, 05:33 PM
lmao at the haters crying on page 1, I'm sure the next 10 pages are the same ****.

But out here on the west, we lookin golden :cool:

nastynice
07-04-2017, 05:36 PM
lebron was the super team but good try.. lebron never took a backseat and was always the best player in any winning series ever... durant latched on and enjoyed the ride like a nice little secondary player and or side piece does. That is how durant will be remembered while lebron will be remembered as the guy that beat arguably the best team ever and forced said best team ever to beg the second best player to help them chop down the arguable GOAT.

Haha, outside of the small hater group, most of everyone said KD played a major role in winning the title and elevating his game. Because that's what exactly happened

But hate makes simple things hard to see

KnicksorBust
07-04-2017, 05:41 PM
KD was the best player in the Finals. For either team... no one complained when duncan and dirk did this.

This move doesn't bother me at all. We know his motives now.

KnicksorBust
07-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I will always think he is a punk for going there in the first place but at this point I can't say I'm surprised he took less money and it's only going to benefit him his career and his legacy in the long term. No hate at this decision.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-04-2017, 06:05 PM
Didn't get the memo that calling out Durant for ruining the NBA makes you a hater.

nastynice
07-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Didn't get the memo that calling out Durant for ruining the NBA makes you a hater.

Oh, wrong memo. You only become a hater when it becomes an obsession. Take saddletramp for example

Are you obsessed?

HandsOnTheWheel
07-04-2017, 06:28 PM
Lol. I forgot a good number of nba fans nowadays are casual band wagoners who don't care about the integrity of the game anyway.

Saddletramp
07-04-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh, wrong memo. You only become a hater when it becomes an obsession. Take saddletramp for example

Are you obsessed?

Usually I ignore you when you personally attack me with no provocation and only respond to the idiotic posts that you make (which is the vast majority of your shitposting). But as far as this goes, I've already said it was a smart move. After he relegated himself to being a fraud as far as being a competitive athlete goes, it's really smart to just wait and sign the big contract when they have his Bird Rights and it also helps keep depth.

likemystylez
07-04-2017, 06:49 PM

considering there is no tangible proof that the nba is ruined by any reasonable measurement IE ratings, ticket sales, league revenue, CURRENT INTEREST IN THE NBA ON TODAY ONT HE 4TH OF JULY.......etc. Every indication is that general interest in the league is as healthy as it has ever been

nastynice
07-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Usually I ignore you when you personally attack me with no provocation and only respond to the idiotic posts that you make (which is the vast majority of your shitposting). But as far as this goes, I've already said it was a smart move. After he relegated himself to being a fraud as far as being a competitive athlete goes, it's really smart to just wait and sign the big contract when they have his Bird Rights and it also helps keep depth.

This post basically illustrates what I was talking about...

Saddletramp
07-04-2017, 08:20 PM
This post basically illustrates what I was talking about...

Glad you own up to your shitposting. Everyone else has seen it for awhile now.

Chronz
07-04-2017, 09:02 PM

Im assuming you meant to quote me.

Show me any player as great as KD that had a team that had proven to be as dominant without him even involved? Its a list that includes only he. THATS why I dont care, nobody was ever dumb enough to claim KD WASN'T great, the reason I hate his decision is because I understand just how great he could be, its just a damn shame he chose not to prove it by joining a team so accomplished without his utter existence.

I can tell you my opinion but I dont see how you can compare Cleveland, a team who's 2 best players are entirely 1 way players and have failed to a point WITHOUT LEBRON that there is no argument for it just being a result of his dominance. Sorry, just because you lose LeBron doesn't mean you should forget how to play basketball in its entirety, which is what they become without Bron. He literally has to carry that much of a burden, that he wouldn't return to Cleveland without some semblance of talent is a non-issue, the fact remains he didn't join a ready made contender who had already won+broken records before he ever showed up. NONE of Brons teams would win **** without him, IF KD himself were to break a leg, the Dubs would still be favored. THATS A MONUMENTAL DIFFERENCE BREH.

I will never lighten up on KD, only the ignorant/homers compare this to Bron's situation in MIA or Cleveland, feel free to no longer respect my stance on the game I used to love but that wont change my opinion one iota, I've never bet as much money with so little hesitation and hated doing so. So yeah, **** KD for breaking the game, lacking a spine and making it sooo god damn predictable. Heres hoping he eventually grows a pair, breaks a leg or mans up to the fact that he took BY FAR, the easiest road ever ****ing imagined. When Bron joined the HEAT, there were other contenders and there were questions about fit/depth AND it came after watching him waste so many years with an incompetent franchise, excuse me but I wont give KD the same leash when he is far more the reason his teams have underachieved than Bron is. KD would've ran from Cleveland after his initial rookie contract IMO, everything the man has done leads me to believe hes not cut from the same cloth. He had true GOAT talent but he had a Pippen mindset. Him winning a FMVP makes him like TP and James Worthy more than it makes him like Bron/Curry. **** KD

eDush
07-04-2017, 09:55 PM

Truth. Golden State isn't even my team I just love watching them play. Love KD and Curry.Thanks and you are welcome to join us. All you have to do is :nod: and u don't even have to renounce support of ur current crap team...how sweet is that? :nod:

Chronz
07-04-2017, 10:21 PM
Just curious, how do you know his team is crap?

NBAfan4life
07-04-2017, 10:22 PM

Show me any player as great as KD that had a team that had proven to be as dominant without him even involved? Its a list that includes only he. THATS why I dont care, nobody was ever dumb enough to claim KD WASN'T great, the reason I hate his decision is because I understand just how great he could be, its just a damn shame he chose not to prove it by joining a team so accomplished without his utter existence.

I can tell you my opinion but I dont see how you can compare Cleveland, a team who's 2 best players are entirely 1 way players and have failed to a point WITHOUT LEBRON that there is no argument for it just being a result of his dominance. Sorry, just because you lose LeBron doesn't mean you should forget how to play basketball in its entirety, which is what they become without Bron. He literally has to carry that much of a burden, that he wouldn't return to Cleveland without some semblance of talent is a non-issue, the fact remains he didn't join a ready made contender who had already won+broken records before he ever showed up. NONE of Brons teams would win **** without him, IF KD himself were to break a leg, the Dubs would still be favored. THATS A MONUMENTAL DIFFERENCE BREH.

I will never lighten up on KD, only the ignorant/homers compare this to Bron's situation in MIA or Cleveland, feel free to no longer respect my stance on the game I used to love but that wont change my opinion one iota, I've never bet as much money with so little hesitation and hated doing so. So yeah, **** KD for breaking the game, lacking a spine and making it sooo god damn predictable. Heres hoping he eventually grows a pair, breaks a leg or mans up to the fact that he took BY FAR, the easiest road ever ****ing imagined. When Bron joined the HEAT, there were other contenders and there were questions about fit/depth AND it came after watching him waste so many years with an incompetent franchise, excuse me but I wont give KD the same leash when he is far more the reason his teams have underachieved than Bron is. KD would've ran from Cleveland after his initial rookie contract IMO, everything the man has done leads me to believe hes not cut from the same cloth. He had true GOAT talent but he had a Pippen mindset. Him winning a FMVP makes him like TP and James Worthy more than it makes him like Bron/Curry. **** KD

I'm sorry I just can't agree with you, yes I agree that KD did a better job than LeBron about orchestrating a really good chance to win a championship. I also believe he chose golden State because that fits his playstyle better.

I have a love hate relationship with WB. I think what Durant has done isn't much worse than what LeBron has done, only a little. Agree to disagree I guess. The only difference between LeBron joining Miami and KD joining golden State is they were already established?

So if KD, curry, and green all joined a team in the off-season he wouldn't be a coward, he just be lebron?

Chronz
07-04-2017, 10:31 PM
I'm sorry I just can't agree with you, yes I agree that KD did a better job than LeBron about orchestrating a really good chance to win a championship. I also believe he chose golden State because that fits his playstyle better.

I have a love hate relationship with WB. I think what Durant has done isn't much worse than what LeBron has done, only a little. Agree to disagree I guess. The only difference between LeBron joining Miami and KD joining golden State is they were already established?

So if KD, curry, and green all joined a team in the off-season he wouldn't be a coward, he just be lebron?
A better job? LOL that's putting it lightly, he joined an unprecedented power man, if thats small for you then hell yeah we're going to have to disagree. Already established, already far more talented before he ever entered the fold, already beat him (though that one is more circumstantial, it's still a minor difference), there is no comparison unless you think every single defection in NBA history is similar. We can ignore the cap spike, Curry's injuries, and everything else you want but it wont change facts, dude joined a team that could legitimately compete/win without, name the last time that has EVER happened and I will show you another player I have criticized similarly in some regard. If you cant, then its time to notice just how unique KD is.

You can think whatever you want of RWB but LeBron would have DREAMED of having a potential MVP of the league on his side, RWB is better than ANY teammate Bron has ever had IMO and KD failed with him.

I already mentioned everything that makes KD such a *****, its not as simple as just forming all at once but yes, that would have been at least CREATING a NEW power that had to LEARN and grow together, but why did you forget to mention their OTHER All-Star their OTHER FMVP and their other role player that KD saw fit to take a paycut for. The dude literally wants it all, if the rumors are true he would have taken a paycut for the likes of Rudy Gay than hes a bigger ***** than even I estimated. I miss stars like Tmac who demanded trades but did so with some semblance of competition in mind. KD didn't give a ****, so why should I? Again, Bron has NEVER been on a team that could win so much without him and neither has anyone as talented as KD in NBA History. He done broke the game in ways I cant respect, I've been watching the game for FAR tooo long to compare it to Bron's defection.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 01:36 AM
considering there is no tangible proof that the nba is ruined by any reasonable measurement IE ratings, ticket sales, league revenue, CURRENT INTEREST IN THE NBA ON TODAY ONT HE 4TH OF JULY.......etc. Every indication is that general interest in the league is as healthy as it has ever been

Keep telling yourself that. Current interest on the 4th of July bc GS made the season boring as **** and this is the most excitement in over a year. Interest in the league may be high but the integrity isn't anywhere near where it should be. Where's the real fandom in winning because you earned it and not given? Ask Durant he's employed by Nike. GS is just coasting to titles at this point and it's plain boring.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 01:43 AM
These bandwagoner kids with a hard on for entertainment seem to get a rise out of GS but as someone who's watched the game and seen what real legends are in this sport am embarrassed to watch this BS product being shown. Respect to the longtime Warrior fans but honestly **** these bandwagoners and **** this new era BS basketball.

Chronz
07-05-2017, 01:56 AM
Keep telling yourself that. Current interest on the 4th of July bc GS made the season boring as **** and this is the most excitement in over a year. Interest in the league may be high but the integrity isn't anywhere near where it should be. Where's the real fandom in winning because you earned it and not given? Ask Durant he's employed by Nike. GS is just coasting to titles at this point and it's plain boring.
sHHH. Its the casual fans that determine the stature of the league, us die hards just have to shut up and enjoy the BS

HandsOnTheWheel
07-05-2017, 02:06 AM
sHHH. Its the casual fans that determine the stature of the league, us die hards just have to shut up and enjoy the BS

It's annoying as ****. Some of the kids on this site are beyond obnoxious and annoying. But I know there's nothing to do but sit there and accept it bc that's what people generally are. It is what it is.

Hawkeye15
07-05-2017, 09:13 AM

I, and many, have said this 1000 times already. There is just such a difference between what Durant did, and anyone else in history, to ignore it, is idiotic. Love and Irving did nothing before him, do nothing without him and would do nothing if he left.

Durant crippled the landscape of the NBA for 3-4 years.

ccugrad1
07-05-2017, 12:01 PM
Yup. **** Durant.

I am tired of hearing all this crap about Durant leaving money on the table. Dude is still going to make 25 million this season. I really hope he can survive and live on that! Come talk to me when he signs for say 2 years, 10 million. Then we can talk about leaving money on the table!

KnicksorBust
07-05-2017, 12:16 PM

Yup.

Only place I disagree is the very end. He is on another level than the likes of Tony Parker and his fluke fmvp.

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Looks there's a chance the big 4 can stay together depending on what Klays take after his huge shoe deal
#Dynasty

Major sacrifice is right. This is a steal for Golden State. 9.5M$ less than the Max and 6.8M less than expected. Steal for the Dubs.

Well said

lol, please
07-05-2017, 05:38 PM

:clap:

likemystylez
07-05-2017, 10:31 PM
[QUOTE]Keep telling yourself that. Current interest on the 4th of July bc GS made the season boring as **** and this is the most excitement in over a year.

Regular season ratings- and the overall financial health of the league are not telling us that the regular season was boring. People who want to invent some narrative to hate on KD and the warriors are the people saying that (while they are watching just as much basketball as they ever have)

Just look at the spike in the salary cap- that comes from interest in the league.

the integrity isn't anywhere near where it should be.

Im not sure how to respond to that. There is no proof that KD or the warriors tampered with any rules or negotiated outside of common ethics. Trying to build as good a team as you can and always looking for ways to get better does not show a lack of integrity.

Where's the real fandom in winning because you earned it and not given? Ask Durant he's employed by Nike. GS is just coasting to titles at this point and it's plain boring.

Warriors did earn it, they positioned themselves well for free agency, they did a good job courting a top tier free agent- and the players all bought in and made it work on the floor despite sacrifices for star players.

Again- watching how the warriors move the ball and play an efficient brand of basketball is not boring to people who appreciate watching the game the way it was meant to be.

but show me some sort of proof that the league is now considered "boring" by any signficant amount of fans who arent just saying it to whine about KD

EAGLES3658
07-05-2017, 11:12 PM

Exactly. If Lebron did this same thing people would praise him for being such a team guy. The Durant hate is so lame.

nastynice
07-07-2017, 12:12 AM
Well how sick is your team when you got people all doomed and gloomed in July, lol

I don't know what you guys are crying about anyway, Houston made a power move, Boston starting to make moves, Spurs probably gonna figure something with Aldridge, filthy duo in okc, some teams are down to play this game of acquiring multiple stars. Lebron keeping his future in his hands, he's probably gonna want to do something. They just raised the bar, and while that may suck for some teams, it's giving us overall better top end teams to watch.

Everyone can cry about the Durant move, but he is just that next step in changing how teams are made. Boston and Miami paved the way, they just never did it as good as us :cool:

nastynice
07-07-2017, 12:18 AM
Show me any player as great as KD that had a team that had proven to be as dominant without him even involved?

Bro, take Kareem or magic off those lakers, they prob still make the finals, Jordan off the Bulls and they're a game away from the nba finals, take lebron off Miami their first two year and Wade and bosh are prob making a deep run for the title

They used to revere those lakers and Celtics. But now they hate these Warriors

That means we're doing SOMEthing right! :cool:

Oakmont_4
07-07-2017, 08:12 AM
I just find it funny how so many defend Durant. Even the NBA commish.

Yet nobody wants to make the bold comment that Durants decision has DIRECTLY affected the NBA, every NBA team and every NBA player. Durants decision directly impacted this years cap space. It went down because the viewership of this crappy finals was low and there were less games played (due to GS dominance - which was because of KD's decision).

When it all boils down.

KD cost the NBA and their players, $90 Million dollars. That's $90 Million that NBA teams would have had to spend and he took $90 million out of the Free Agent pool. All so he could get his ring the easy way.

Coward.

Selfish.

Bad for the NBA.

PurpleLynch
07-07-2017, 08:25 AM

Yet nobody wants to make the bold comment that Durants decision has DIRECTLY affected the NBA, every NBA team and every NBA player. Durants decision directly impacted this years cap space. It went down because the viewership of this crappy finals was low and there were less games played (due to GS dominance - which was because of KD's decision).

When it all boils down.

KD cost the NBA and their players, $90 Million dollars. That's $90 Million that NBA teams would have had to spend and he took $90 million out of the Free Agent pool. All so he could get his ring the easy way.

Coward.

Selfish.

Bad for the NBA.

No,no,no. (I'm a Lakers fan btw)

He's not a coward, he just took the easiest way to get a ring and made a professional decision. Almost all players without one would do something like that to get one.

Selfish? Obviously, any man who decides to change workplace does it because the destination is better. And he cut his salary to keep the team together, that's as unselfish as it gets.

Bad for the Nba? Just because this year the NBA made slighty less money since GS dominated the playoffs? When I watch basketball, I don't care about the billions of money the owners and the league are doing. I just want to watch basketball and GS, right now, is with no doubt the most interesting,fun and solid team in the league: that's sport's entertainment. And the Nba had an exponential economic grow in the last 5 years, I doubt GS is a problem for the league. It's a problem for frustrated fans who don't get to see their respective teams winning the championship,that's all.

Plus, it's not true that people don't want to say that Durant's decision is bad for the Nba, people like you are angry to him,but there are also GS fans(obviously) and non GS fans who don't see the problem because,like me, are enjoying this new era of Bball.

Oakmont_4
07-07-2017, 09:27 AM
No,no,no. (I'm a Lakers fan btw)

He's not a coward, he just took the easiest way to get a ring and made a professional decision. Almost all players without one would do something like that to get one.

Selfish? Obviously, any man who decides to change workplace does it because the destination is better. And he cut his salary to keep the team together, that's as unselfish as it gets.

Bad for the Nba? Just because this year the NBA made slighty less money since GS dominated the playoffs? When I watch basketball, I don't care about the billions of money the owners and the league are doing. I just want to watch basketball and GS, right now, is with no doubt the most interesting,fun and solid team in the league: that's sport's entertainment. And the Nba had an exponential economic grow in the last 5 years, I doubt GS is a problem for the league. It's a problem for frustrated fans who don't get to see their respective teams winning the championship,that's all.

Plus, it's not true that people don't want to say that Durant's decision is bad for the Nba, people like you are angry to him,but there are also GS fans(obviously) and non GS fans who don't see the problem because,like me, are enjoying this new era of Bball.

Cowardly and Selfish as in he cost his peers (NBA players) $90 million collectively so he could get a ring.

The NBA revenue stream is tied to TV contracts. TV pays for games and more specifically playoff games. Less playoff games = less money. Less money into the league = less money into players pockets. Its an absolute FACT that there were less playoff games because of the new super team...Which led to less revenue. Durant cost his "friends" and peers $90 Million Dollars so he could get a cheap ring. What makes it worse, he intends to keep doing it.

Scoots
07-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Durants decision directly impacted this years cap space. It went down because the viewership of this crappy finals was low

Well, it indirectly impacted the cap.

And viewership set records for highs.

But you can hate Durant and the Warriors all you like ... that's your prerogative.

HandsOnTheWheel
07-07-2017, 10:16 AM
The kids like their entertainment, whereas the real fans know what true basketball is. Kind of reminds me of WWE stuff, but Silver obliges because that's what gets kids going at night and it's all about getting the new generation to buy into what their selling.

likemystylez
07-07-2017, 11:40 AM

When it all boils down.

Coward.

Selfish.

Bad for the NBA.

So all these people hate KD for what he did, but what about when teams tank for like 3-5 straight years? I dont see people nearly as upset about that.

I think between that and the elite teams resting their star players every chance they get when the game is national televised- are factors we should be more concerned with than where ONE player decided to go in free agency.

Oakmont_4
07-07-2017, 11:45 AM
So all these people hate KD for what he did, but what about when teams tank for like 3-5 straight years? I dont see people nearly as upset about that.

I think between that and the elite teams resting their star players every chance they get when the game is national televised- are factors we should be more concerned with than where ONE player decided to go in free agency.

Tanking and sitting players don't cost the league's Free Agents $90 million

Scoots
07-07-2017, 02:40 PM
Tanking and sitting players don't cost the league's Free Agents $90 million

Why would YOU care about someone elses income? Someone else who is rich.

Scoots
07-07-2017, 02:42 PM
The KD hate is sad, just like the LeBron hate, and the Kobe hate, and the Phil Jackson hate, and the Dwight Howard hate. It's over a year and people are still bringing it up like it's going to bother someone.

It seems to me fans should be more about positivity and their own teams than ragging on other teams and other teams players, particularly when it has nothing to do with how they play on the court.

nastynice
07-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Cowardly and Selfish as in he cost his peers (NBA players) $90 million collectively so he could get a ring.

The NBA revenue stream is tied to TV contracts. TV pays for games and more specifically playoff games. Less playoff games = less money. Less money into the league = less money into players pockets. Its an absolute FACT that there were less playoff games because of the new super team...Which led to less revenue. Durant cost his "friends" and peers $90 Million Dollars so he could get a cheap ring. What makes it worse, he intends to keep doing it.

lmao!!

Definitely the first time I've heard this argument as being a reason for being upset with a player. If those teams are incapable of even winning one game vs the Warriors then maybe they cost themselves that money

SteBO
07-07-2017, 03:34 PM
lmao!!

Definitely the first time I've heard this argument as being a reason for being upset with a player. If those teams are incapable of even winning one game vs the Warriors then maybe they cost themselves that money
Wth you talking about?

He's absolutely right. It's just not necessarily a KD problem. He's got something in it for himself.....so it's a mutually beneficial deal between GS and KD. But it blows for everyone else, hence a much lesser product.

TrueFan420
07-07-2017, 04:55 PM

lol some short sided thinking... first off KD had nothing to do with the Cavs walking through the East. They only lost once... but i guess thats on KD too. Second when they sign a deal its not for hypothetical games. They sign based on the minimum amount of games with the potential to increase if the games go longer than 4. They did the math knowing how much they stood to make for every variation possible of total playoff games. Also TV viewership is up. People tuned in. Whether to cheer for an All-Time dominate team to win or to cheer against them they watched. If more people are watching the next deal will be for even more. Even if the warriors sweep every series.

Scoots
07-07-2017, 05:03 PM
lol some short sided thinking... first off KD had nothing to do with the Cavs walking through the East. They only lost once... but i guess thats on KD too. Second when they sign a deal its not for hypothetical games. They sign based on the minimum amount of games with the potential to increase if the games go longer than 4. They did the math knowing how much they stood to make for every variation possible of total playoff games. Also TV viewership is up. People tuned in. Whether to cheer for an All-Time dominate team to win or to cheer against them they watched. If more people are watching the next deal will be for even more. Even if the warriors sweep every series.

The Warriors were dominant, but the opposition was weak too. That won't be true this year.

TrueFan420
07-07-2017, 06:08 PM
The Warriors were dominant, but the opposition was weak too. That won't be true this year.

No doubt. Next year will be tougher but this warriors side when all said and done will be talked about as an all time team... but that could just be the fandom kicking in...

Scoots
07-07-2017, 06:24 PM
No doubt. Next year will be tougher but this warriors side when all said and done will be talked about as an all time team... but that could just be the fandom kicking in...

Always have to guard against over-confidence.

I can't quite believe that the Warriors kept their top free agents, and replaced Ian Clark, Matt Barnes, and JM McAdoo with Nick Young, Omri Casspi and Jordan Bell. They got significantly better at all 3 spots.

If Zaza and McGee come back too it's just a little silly.

IKnowHoops
07-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Exactly. If Lebron did this same thing people would praise him for being such a team guy. The Durant hate is so lame.

GTFOH

Never been a guy booed harder than Bron was that first year in Miami. No matter what stadium he played in, he got booed unmercifully everytime he touched the ball for a year straight.

Durant will never know hate like Bron. No one ever will.

IKnowHoops
07-07-2017, 10:29 PM
Bro, take Kareem or magic off those lakers, they prob still make the finals, Jordan off the Bulls and they're a game away from the nba finals, take lebron off Miami their first two year and Wade and bosh are prob making a deep run for the title

They used to revere those lakers and Celtics. But now they hate these Warriors

That means we're doing SOMEthing right! :cool:

Kareem and Magic got eliminated in the playoffs by a sub .500 team. Try again.

IKnowHoops
07-07-2017, 10:35 PM

Hey man...your overthinking this one.

KG2TB
07-07-2017, 10:38 PM
GTFOH

Never been a guy booed harder than Bron was that first year in Miami. No matter what stadium he played in, he got booed unmercifully everytime he touched the ball for a year straight.

Durant will never no hate like Bron. No one ever will.

LeBron got torched after he left Cleveland and the reasons are well documented. KD, and likely no either player, will leave under those same conditions (leaving hometown team after promising you never would and of course the idiotic "decision.") He brought it on himself.

TrueFan420
07-07-2017, 10:40 PM
GTFOH

Durant will never no hate like Bron. No one ever will.

A lot of that was cause he arrogantly went on TV and said not 1 not 2 but 7 rings. He specially targeted that number to say he was better than MJ's 6. It was foolish... People wouldn't have been as pissed about him teaming up with Wade and Bosh if they didn't do a damn TV special. Especially when Bosh signed before the special and we all knew Bron was going there.

IKnowHoops
07-07-2017, 10:43 PM
Wth you talking about?

He's absolutely right. It's just not necessarily a KD problem. He's got something in it for himself.....so it's a mutually beneficial deal between GS and KD. But it blows for everyone else, hence a much lesser product.

Really? All this KD hate is funny, and some arguments have some logic, but this is the dumbest argument I've heard maybe ever on PSD.

So when a team sweeps another team, they are being selfish? Because had they let it go 7, they make more money for the league, which makes more money for free agents?

GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nastynice
07-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Kareem and Magic got eliminated in the playoffs by a sub .500 team. Try again.

Yup. They got the Warriors syndrome. Every player sucks, yet they keep blowing the west out the ****in water

Good job

nastynice
07-07-2017, 10:49 PM
Wth you talking about?

Na, that dude said that KD cost other players money by us whooping too much *** and not allowing enough playoff games to be played! lmaoooo!!!

...unless I misunderstood...

IKnowHoops
07-07-2017, 10:52 PM
LeBron got torched after he left Cleveland and the reasons are well documented. KD, and likely no either player, will leave under those same conditions (leaving hometown team after promising you never would and of course the idiotic "decision.") He brought it on himself.

A lot of that was cause he arrogantly went on TV and said not 1 not 2 but 7 rings. He specially targeted that number to say he was better than MJ's 6. It was foolish... People wouldn't have been as pissed about him teaming up with Wade and Bosh if they didn't do a damn TV special. Especially when Bosh signed before the special and we all knew Bron was going there.

Haters gonna hate Period.

I'm answering someone who said everyone would praise Bron for doing what KD did.

To that I say GTFOH

Dude gave all his money from the descision to children and he got killed for that. Nobody praising Bron for taking less money...as he already did.

Bron would of been killed worse for going to the Spurs after they whooped the Heat in the finals than he was for the decision. If he took less money to go to the Spurs he would of been killed just the same.

Don't come with that "they would praise Bron bs"

spliff(TONE)
07-08-2017, 03:03 AM

Wow. What a lame argument. Keep reaching.

spliff(TONE)
07-08-2017, 03:07 AM
Really? All this KD hate is funny, and some arguments have some logic, but this is the dumbest argument I've heard maybe ever on PSD.

So when a team sweeps another team, they are being selfish? Because had they let it go 7, they make more money for the league, which makes more money for free agents?

GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
**** is comedy.

nastynice
07-09-2017, 05:47 AM
I just heard shannon on undisputed say kd just had the 4th highest scoring ppg in a playoff run in nba history, at over 28ppg, is that true? That don't even sound right..

SteBO
07-09-2017, 08:34 AM

GTFOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I probably misunderstood the quote, because I was referencing the KD deal specifically and how it impacts the league as a whole. I can see how other players would be mystified by KD's choice here because you have to look at it from the position of the PA. From a negotiating standpoint, the owners can point to KD and be like....see? Where does that put the players?

In any event, this isn't a KD problem. As a fan who always sees the "selfish" label being attached to pro-athletes for trying to get theirs.....despite having no issue with it, I applaud KD for looking at the bigger picture in terms of his team. I didn't like the move to GS, but he's there now & his selflessness in trying to keep the team together for winning should be commended.

Na, that dude said that KD cost other players money by us whooping too much *** and not allowing enough playoff games to be played! lmaoooo!!!

...unless I misunderstood...
Nah, I probably misunderstood it. Again, not a Durant/Warriors problem. Especially since outside of KD, the rest of the main core was drafted.

You're a Dubs fan, so I get why you wouldn't necessarily care, but other fan bases have got to feel a bit helpless, hence the lashing out in here against your team. It's why I'm an NBA fan first before I'm a HEAT fan.

TrueFan420
07-09-2017, 11:15 AM
Haters gonna hate Period.

I'm answering someone who said everyone would praise Bron for doing what KD did.

To that I say GTFOH

Dude gave all his money from the descision to children and he got killed for that. Nobody praising Bron for taking less money...as he already did.

Bron would of been killed worse for going to the Spurs after they whooped the Heat in the finals than he was for the decision. If he took less money to go to the Spurs he would of been killed just the same.

Don't come with that "they would praise Bron bs"

Please highlight where I said they'd praise them...

I said people would have been less pissed... you're making a huge from from less pissed to praise.